Speaker 1: What's going on everybody. Thank you so much for wrapping up your week with us. This here is leading off right here on Fantasy Pros. I'm your host, Joe Rico, going by my dear friend Casey Bubba, and we are going to get to all of your baseball related questions, talk about some headlines, go through the injury news and notes. But this will be a show directed by the Peanuts and the Cracker Jackson some extent. Because we only had five games yesterday, there was a couple of interesting things we're going to talk about, but please fill up your questions in the chat. We've left some dedicated time today to help you guys out over the course of your weekend, streaming, rest of the season. Questions, trades, waiver wires, anything you guys got, please fill it up in the chat. Bubba, my friend. It is great to wrap up our weeks together again. It's like every year I really look forward to our time doing shows together. And it's good to be in the good days right now. You don't know you're in the good days until you've left them, but right now we are in the good days.
Speaker 2: Gosh, you're getting older with days, you're starting to sound like it now do Rica.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. You're still young at HARP. You're young in your activities, but you're getting old at heart. Is what we'll go with on that one.
Speaker 2: But yes, it's great to wrap it up on our Friday Bummer five games. But like you said, that means the voice of the people get to lead the show today, which is always a good win in the week.
Speaker 1: We love our audience here, the Penis and Cracker Jacks, the absolute best audience in the industry. We know we got some great questions already wrapping up in the chat here, so we're gonna get to some headlines and we will get to the questions in a little bit. But I think we need to start off with Gavin Williams. I remember, Bubba, there was a show we did, one of the final shows we did last year. Gavin Williams had a great start and we talked about him because last season was it was a pretty good year for him, but it wasn't to this extent. I know he had a lower era last year, but Gavin Williams seems to be on a different level this season and he showed it yesterday. Seven innings, two hits, no walks nowhere and runs eleven strikeouts against the Twins. A really tough way to get a no decision, but I think his fantasy managers will still take it. We're looking at a three seventy eight era, a one to ten whip, but really the strikeouts are the thing for me. This year, he's always been kind of mediocre, a little bit above average twenty three to twenty four percent. He's up aout thirty percent this year. He shaved four points off the walk right down to seven percent. Is Gavin Williams a fantasy ace because it feels like we're pretty close to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've always been a tremendous Gavin Williams fan. Like you mentioned last year, we were kind of like, Okay, he's close, He's close, and it always came down to me. It's like the strikeout of stuff was there, but it's more the control of the walks. Losing that four percent in walks has allowed him to be more aggressive in the zone. I feel like he had that immaculate inning yesterday and I saw that the pitch grid. Half of the strikes in that immaculated anywhere out of the zone because he got people to Chase because he was locating early in the counts, which is a testament to his development. His swinging strike rate has gone up to almost fourteen percent. That's about a two and a half percent jump from last year. So to the continued point, he's just dominating the zone. He's forcing the swing and miss. And more importantly, like I said, no walks leads to this development because he's actually giving up more home runs this year, so he's he's not afraid to be in the zone. It's like the old adage when Scherzer and Verlander were great. They didn't care about a solo home run, but they were gonna blow it by you ten. Gavin Williams, maybe we'll still talk. It's three straight games of at least I think eleven strikeouts. Like the dude is flago right now. So yeah, big fan of his. I think guy's the limit if he can keep that control in place.
Speaker 1: Actually didn't realize, but yeah, three in a row with eleven strikeouts. It is his fifth eleven strikeout game of the year. And he also has another game with ten, so he's really racking up the case. And if you look at the individual pitches this year, he's getting whiffs on all of them, twenty one percent swinging strike rate on his sweeper, sixteen percent on the four seamer, thirteen on the curve ball, eleven percent on the cutter sinker. Not quite as high as seven percent, but when you have four offerings that you can get whiffs with, I think that's a really, really key part of the success. I'm obviously a sucker for strikeouts like we all are, and seeing a thirty percent strikeout rate after years of twenty three twenty four to go along with a four percent drop in the walk rate, it's strikeout to walk rate, I think is still my favorite stat to look at, even with all the fancy ones we have, and he went from twelve point eight percent in the strikeout to walk rate department to twenty three point four. That is one of the biggest jumps of the year. So really good stuff from Gavin Williams. On the other side, TODJ. Bradley also looked really good. Not to the same level, but seven innings, two hits, three walks, one earned run and five strikeouts.
Speaker 3: TODJ.
Speaker 1: Bradley, It's been a little bit of an up and down season. There was a period in the middle months I want to say it was like May June where he had a couple of clunkers. But I think this is probably the best version of TODG. Bradley that we've seen at A three sixty nine era A one twenty two whip Again. I talked about the strikeout to walk rate. He was an eleven percent last year with a dip in the k's that we saw. He's backed up to seventeen percent this year. I don't think that Todge Bradley is necessarily an ace, but I'll always believe in the back of my head that there is still even a farther level that he can unlock. Bubba, what have you thought about him this season? Has he been a set it and forget it guy for you? And do you think that there is another level he can take moving forward?
Speaker 2: I definitely set it and forget it guy. Another level could be tricky because with TODs Bradley, if it comes down to home runs and walk similar to Gavin with most pitchers in baseball, but it was a really bad trend in recent years with Ods Bradley, and he's honed that in because, like you said, we saw signs of that in Tampa Bay from time to time, and we're really getting it now in Minnesota, Like he got a whole new lease on life on pitching. Little hiccup mid season as you mentioned, but like over the last month we're talk going to two eight four e a one toh three whip which is great, a twenty percent k to walk, which we love to see because it's due to a thirty percent strikeout rate and then over a thirteen percent swinging strike so he's taken advantage of things, thirty five percent ball rate, so he's not living outside the zone very often. All the things you want to see from him, and he's can continue to improve as the season has gone along, even with that hiccup in the middle. So I think he's a set it and forget it for now. He's you know, dare I say, don't want to take take your boy, but he's kind of in that Cavali tier for me, like we see what we're doing and you can kind of roll with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, there is the upside for the seven inning, eleven strikeout game, and the downside is still two innings, eight urn runs like it is for pretty much every pitcher.
Speaker 3: But you can go fuol Joe Ryan on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely has the potential to blow up on you. But I am a taj Bradley fan. I think that this season is probably the best we've ever seen from him. He's stranding more batters than usual he expected. Era is the best we've seen, so cautiously optimistic he can continue to build on this and eventually give us maybe a fantasy a season in the future at some point. But I do want to talk about Chris Sale because we were talking on stream yesterday and there was a couple of comments to say, Sales already getting blown up and it's looking ugly already, and I was thinking we were headed for a rare clunker from Chris Sale. But he left it at just three runs. He ended up going six innings and struck out eleven batters. So nothing to really be that worried about. But the interesting thing with Chris Sale this year that I noticed and somebody pointed out on Twitter. I wish I knew who it was so I could give them credit for it. But Chris Sale is throwing harder this season than he's ever thrown before, which is a little bit odd in your age thirty seven year But if you look at his fastball velocity going back to when he was a rookie night ninety four, ninety three, seven ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, ninety three, ninety three, this series fastball is over ninety six miles an hour for the first time. And it's not just the fastball, the four seam rtch to say, the sinker is also up in terms of velocity. The slider is up, and the changeup is up. And the theory that I have in my head potential here is that is Chris Sale just leaving it all out on the line this year. He knows in his head this is the last season he's going to play. He's planning on retirement, so he's just throwing a little bit extra bullets in the tank this year. Bubba, does that sound like something that could be working.
Speaker 2: It could be thirty seven years old and throwing ninety seven basically is insane to.
Speaker 3: Think about this.
Speaker 2: This is a Nolan Ryan Addville commercial for you old folks out there. It's nuts. And the fact that you mentioned he boosted it's kind of like how Verlander picked up speed towards the end. And obviously it's hit a wall now at his age like forty two season or whatever. But has Siale officially said he's done after this year? Because I haven't heard that, but I know he's close. I get your point, but yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's actually said it. But just like reading the tea leaves thirty seven years old, you'd figure, like, you know, I've been a de Gram guy for a long time. But the thing that de Gram has done the last couple of years is he's intentionally not throwing as hard as he's capable of to try and keep himself healthy. And it feels like maybe the reverse here with Sale in his head, if he's like, Okay, this is it for me, this is my last season. There's no need to try and maintain long term health. I'm just gonna fire bullets every fifth start. And maybe that's wrong. That's just a total theory. Could definitely be wrong. But it's interesting that after all these years, Chris Sale has his highest fastball velocity is at age that.
Speaker 2: That is I never noticed that. That is quite an interesting. This is where you know, I know beat writers have a tough job, but this as the fantasy person, I love a beat writer to ass like what's behind this, Like, what's what happened? But I don't know if we're gonna get that until maybe after the season.
Speaker 1: He does have an extension, I think looking at a club twenty twenty seven. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. But just something interesting that popped up that I thought we'd mentioned. And I also wanted to mention Shane Bieber, because Shane Bieber, I mean, it looked like he was toast. He took the offer like the second he could in the off season, look like, you know, Blue Jays fans were really excited, but the tea leaves were why is he not exploring his options at least a little bit here. Looked like he wasn't healthy and he wasn't missed a good chunk of the season. His first few starts back were awful, just dreadful stuff from Shane Bieber. The last two really the last three, but in particular the starts against the White Sox and yesterday against Tampa have been really good. Yesterday he went seven innings, three hits, one run, ball with no walks and three strikeouts. Only three strikeouts is a little bit weird to see from Shane Bieber. But my question here to you, Bubba, is I think the Blue Jays are going to be positioned as sellers. The way that they're going, Shane Bieber looks like he will be a trade ship. If you were a team, whether it's a real life or fantasy, and you're looking at what Shane Bieber's done over the last couple of starts, would you be trying to acquire him or do you think that this is simply just a couple of good, lucky starts and he's still maybe a little bit washed at this point.
Speaker 2: I'm still leaning the washed of things, but I've really never been a Bieber guy.
Speaker 3: SAT's on me.
Speaker 2: But what he's benefited from in these last two starts where he's been very good and it's totally fine. It's it's the low walk rate, which we've mentioned multiple times on this show, but it's also a sixty two percent ground ball rate over those two starts when he's been in the forty fives most of the season in his career. So he's really taking advantage. He's letting them put it in play at limiting the damage. How long can that last? Is my question with Shane Bieber because he's Yes, he's been very effective over two starts, not going to knock that Tampa Bay White Sox two tough offenses, but it's like he's not striking guys out. So it's a lot of balls in play to rely on a ground ball and to take advantage of a babbitb situation that I don't think I'm ready, Like it's a one to forty three babbub yesterday, a two to fourteen babbub in the previous start, when he's well over three hundred prior to that. So what does he regress to is the question, And that's something I'd be terrified to figure out. Real life. Someone's going to trade for him, no doubt about it. He will be a good fourth or fifth Like if if I have to watch Adrianauser and Malley pitch every fourth and fifth day, Shane Bieber will be on somebody's team. But for fantasy, I'm still not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm with you. I think the Jay should cash in here. I mean, Shane Bieber last year was traded for Cal Stephen, who was of top Blue Jays pitching pro not the top, I don't think, but one of the top Blue Jay's pitching prospects. And you know, we see it every year the deadline. People overpay for pitching. So I think the Blue Jays should probably move on after these couple starts. Don't play any games, don't wait for another start. Trade him now. Well, it looks like he's recouped some value. We do love our audience here. In Game OVA seven point four reached a three game streak. We really appreciate that. And CCD goalie Cheer two bits, we also really appreciate that. And we want to show our appreciation because we have a little bit of a giveaway here at Fantasy Pros. I forgot to mention on the show yesterday. I'm a bad host, but we'll talk about it today. We have two giveaways for you. If you want the chance to win a fifty dollars Fantasy Pro Shop code or a one year Fantasy Pros Premium subscription, then this is your shot to enter. Just leave a comment on any of our Twitch dreams at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros right here. As always, Twitch subscribers will get a one and a half times odds boost at winning, just as a thank you for your support and we'll announce the winners on Tuesday, August fourth. A couple more headlines we are going to get through. Ian Seymour was pitching in bulk relief yesterday, and I think a couple people that I'd seen were a little bit worried after his previous few appearances did not look very good, but yesterday got back on track. That's what the Blue Jays will do to you. Six innings tour and runs, one walk and seven strikeouts For the season as a whole, it's a bit a little bit shaky pitching as a reliever and as a starter. It's a four to sixty four era, but he does have a one to fifteen whip and a twenty percent strikeout to walk. Great, Bobby, I was really hoping that he was going to be a starter this year all season long for the Rays, and then Steven Mattz and Nick Martinez signings and things got complicated. Do you think Ian Seymour, at some point, whether it's next year in the future, will eventually be like I set it and forget it, Fantasy top thirty, top forty starting pitcher, because I think that the upside is there for that. But I'm curious what you think about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, full agree.
Speaker 2: It's the Rays doing race things that make it from straight in for his fantasy folks. But basically since he's joined the rotation or been like the follower multiple basically a five inning guy where I'm going with this, it's been three year runs or less and all but one of those like seven outings, which is very very solid, forty five k's to eight walks over thirty five innings pitch and all this stuff you mentioned. The skills are great. What he reminds me of. If the Rays do the Rays thing, it's like a Drew Rasmussen thing. They're gonna baby him and then all of a sudden they're gonna let the leash go or like you know, we look at Seymour this way, Griffin Jackson's doing the same thing. They got him limited to like eighty pitches to start, and he's been great through five.
Speaker 3: So it's just what the Rays do.
Speaker 2: I think he can be a top thirty or forty pitcher if they let him go the Rasmussen route, where now Rasmus can go six or seven innings, if they do that next year or seem more than Yes, I fully agree with you I.
Speaker 1: Think the potential's there, and the samurai is laughing in the chat, but I mean the strikeout to walk rates, the expected stats are really good. It's a good ballpark to pitch, although it hasn't been as good of a ballpark to pitch in this year as years past suggest. I wonder if there's been some changes to the trop or if it's just small sample size stuff with the park factors. But I'm a believer in Ian Seymour. I really am. He gets chases, he doesn't allow a lot of contact, he has a good swinging strike rate. The stuff grades out really well, deep deep arsenal like, there's a lot to really like with Ian Seymour. If people don't want to invest in him next year more for me, no problem at all. I want to talk about George Springer, and you know I will talk about Blue Jay's probably more regularly than the average person. But assuming I'm a blue Jay fan and George Springer has been really good recently, I mean I'm a blue Jay fan, not so much this year anymore. I've kind of given up. But George Springer, just looking over the last couple of months, has been really good. And I think most people have kind of written off George Springer. But since June fifth, one hundred and twenty played appearances, he's hitting two fifty two with a seven to seventy one ops a one to seventeen WRC plus. He has five homers, four stolen bases, with an eleven percent walk rate and a nineteen percent strikeout rate. So the season long numbers are still not good for George Springer, but he's got the WRC plus back up to a round average, and it looks like there might still be something left in the tank here, baba, Any chance for you, whether it's maybe a super shallow league where somebody has already moved on, or if it's even a deeper format, would you be looking to trade for George Springer off of this recent good stretch he's had, or do you think this is just a bit of a dead cat bounce that we've seen from him over the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: It's very tough.
Speaker 2: I've kind of written Springer off, like the last week's been great, hitting three sixty four homer and his steal things you love to see. But then you dig deeper and it's like last month, it's been two thirty four or two homers and that one steal steal. So basically outside of this one week, he's got one home run and one more RBI, he's got a solo shot in the previous three weeks. And that's what I'm looking at here. He's getting old, obviously, and I can say that as the old on this show, but it's a deep league goal only for me. When I look at George Springer, I'm thinking he's still hurt because when he came back from that foot injury or toe injury, and then he fouled the ball off of it right away, and he's pretty much primarily the DH and he can't play the outfield very often, so I think he's still hurt and he hitting the ball on the ground a ton deeply go only for me, I'm I'm going to give you the non Jays fan answer to that.
Speaker 1: I think you're probably right. I needed some cold water. I needed, you know, bring me back.
Speaker 2: We all like Springer, don't get me wrong, and he did so much for you guys last year. It'd be hard for you to give up on him.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: But yes, well, what I think they should probably do is at at least look into trading him and maybe put some of the stats out there that I just mentioned. YO, look over the last month and a half, it's been a positive offensive force. He played the field the other day for the first time in the while. And he's a free agent, so I don't know I would try and trade everything that's not nailed down, but we'll see what ends up happening. Let's get out of Toronto and let's look at Alec Burlison, or as we call him in this house, Alec Berrel season. This guy has been unbelievable this season. I don't think he really got enough do I Mean, we mentioned him a couple times in draft season, but he was like a one eighty two hundred type of ADP guy from what I remember. I had three hits on Thursday. He's truly been one of the steals some draft season. A two to eighty four batting average, fifty four runs, fifteen homers, three steals, and sixty nine RBI. Just a phenomenal season from Alec Burlison. And it's really supported below the surface if you look at over the last couple of seasons what he's been able to do. Barrel rate has gone up in each of the last four years, average exit velocity the best of his career, heart hit rate best of his career. I could go on and on, but essentially every stat that we look at, for the most part, it's been a career season for Alec Burlson. So is this something that we look at as a legitimate type of breakout bubba? After a one twenty four WRC plus last year, he's repeating it again this season. Is this a guy that you think could maybe sneak into the top one hundred in draft rooms, maybe closer to one fifty. What's your thought on him heading into next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an age twenty seven player doing it in back to back seasons and it's really not fluky. The the skills are supporting the production is what we like to see in this in this game we play and you know, maybe it's two or three more years until you it's his thirties and we see a decline like we see with some guys, But for now, you roll with it. And he's got that first base I don't know if he'll have out for that to go check that for next year, but in a first base position that's kind of walkey. He's definitely a top one fifty. Does he creep in the top one hundred, that's tricky, but I think everything we're seeing with him is valid, and it's a guy that deserves the recognition and the draft pick he will be given next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a huge fan. I know Seth our producer is definitely a huge fan, being the Cardinals fan that he is, and it's He's been a really fun player to watch for the last couple of seasons, and even in twenty twenty four, when the WORC plus wasn't quite as high, he still hit two seventy with twenty one homers in nine steals. So it's really three straight years of good production from him as a guy that's probably gonna be undervalued again next year, but he just doesn't the sexiest fantasy player, but a guy that's really punched some tickets over the last three fantasy seasons. One more hitter in the headlines I wanted to talk about, and that's Manny Machado. He went two for four with a run scored in the lost with Atlanta yesterday. It's been a pretty bad season as a whole, but he does have twenty two homers and he does seem to have turned the a little bit recently. I argued with Spore pretty recently about this Bubba that I just I think that he is on the decline phase of his career. Not that he can't still be productive to some extent, but average exit velocities, hard hit rate, barrel rate, all those are trending in the wrong direction at this point of his career. Contact rates are not amazing and at his age, I wondered, thirty four years old, Bubba, what do you expect from Manny Machado going forward rest of season, heading into next year. I'm of the opinion that we're approaching the cliff, if we haven't already gone over at it's to some degree.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Yeah, No, he's on the decline.
Speaker 2: For those that listen to Bubba and the Blue and my co host Ryan his team Olds, that's his thing and Manny Mitchatdo is one of his favorite Olds as many's thirty four years old, and it was a big discussion point in the preseason Joe, I know you guys did it too. Is people are still drafting him as like the fourth or fifth third baseman at the position, and I guess that's maybe a testament how bad third base can be. But you look at Machado and yeah, the struggles are real. We'll also say we've seen an improvement and maybe it's more than many will get. Like the last month to sixty seven, eight home run seventeen RBIs that's that's outstanding.
Speaker 3: You'll take that right now.
Speaker 2: It was such a bad start, and he's always playing through injury because he doesn't sit. That was one thing we loved about Manny. It's you're getting one hundred and fifty plus one hundred and sixty games every year. You can almost pencil in his stat line. This year you haven't been able to an extent. But the skills are still very good, is what I'll say. Like if you look at his power, metrics of his expected.
Speaker 3: Power all very good.
Speaker 2: It's it is declining though, And I think the decline might come more in the batting average because maybe the bat speed I haven't looked at that. That declines with age and that will affect other things. So I'm with you. He's thirty four. That's just the nature of life. But I think he's still very serviceable. It's just his ADP has to follow that decline.
Speaker 1: I mean I bought incoming into the year, and I was one of the people saying, look, he's one of the most consistent players in the game. He gives you five category production and an ostensibly good lineup, and it's it hasn't looked great, but the fact that he still has twenty two homers, fifty nine RBI fifty one runs like he's still been a valuable fantasy asset. But I think I agree. We're not paying third round prices or fourth round prices for him next year, at least I won't be, and we'll have to see where the market ends up landing on him for next year. Guys, want to remind you about my playbook. Manager Fantasy Baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook right here at Fantasy Pros. My playbook is a suite of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. Import your team to get custom Fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. You can sink your leagues today at fantasypros dot com, slash MLB, my playbook, or download the Fantasy Pros app Let's take some of your questions here I've you know, there's there's not a lot else to get to on the sheet today because we only had the five games yesterday. So let's get into your questions. If there's anything you guys have, please feel free to throw it in there. BD need to choose two and head to had points points for quality starts as well. Jared Jones versus the Cubs score versus Seattle. In Eavaldi versus Seattle, I'm probably sitting Mackenzie Gore there. I was a face coming into the year, but it's just been more inconsistency from him this season. Jared Jones definitely a start. He looks great, and I just trust the Evaldi more than Gore, bubb, But what do you.
Speaker 2: Think Evaldi's the automatic for me? Jones is the best pitcher on this but if you need a quality start, you're not going to get one most likely. That's the only downside because of the innings. But I would still go Ivaldi and Jones. But if you're really jonesing for equality start, you'll have to take Gore over mister Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gore, I really thought that the change of scenery was going to do it for him this year, and it did for a while. It did for a little bit. Yeah, I mean I think he'd preferred maybe to be in Washington with that offense behind him, But then I don't know, maybe they'd prefer to have him back still.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just based on the way that they're pitching has gone this year, I think they're thirtieth and pitching war rough here for Gore. But one of these years he will figure it out eventually. Who that very apropos question with Bubba on the show one catcher category league, Gabriel Moreno or Yvonne Herrera Moreno three more hits yesterday after we talked about him yesterday, Bubba or von Herrera? What are you thinking here?
Speaker 2: I've been teamy von Herrera for most of the season, but I actually blasted him on a fab preview last night with Ryan. Yvon Herrera has been ice cold over the last month, like literally hitting a buck sixty eight over the last month with one home run in six RBIs. If it's a one catcher league and it's a points league, our category, whatever, go roll Gabby for now, like we talked about yesterday, as long as he's healthy, he's a very solid option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a fan of both, but Gabby is Gabby's doing great things right now. And Bubba said, I didn't really realize how cold Herrera had been, but he has not been somebody that's been giving you a lot as of late. Big dance Starting Boyd today at Pittsburgh. Yeah, I think in most cases I probably am. I don't really feel strongly about it going either way. It's been a really good offense if you wanted to sit him, But if I had him, I'd probably start him. Bubba, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm starting him.
Speaker 2: I'm always nervous facing Pittsburgh now, but yeah, you're art Matthew Boyd. And if he gets blown up then we started having a conversation of is Boyd startable going forward? Because it's not been great since coming off the hout. It's been not been bad, it's.
Speaker 3: Not been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked really good at least below the surface earlier in the year before he got hurt. They missed a bunch of time and hasn't looked as good since he's come back. Should I activate a kunya before the one ten Pacific Games starts now? I was searching this morning and last night putting the sheet together, he could be activated today, but it's not a guarantee. I don't know if there's been anything that's come up on the show while we've been recording, but I haven't seen an activation note or a blurb or a tweet or anything that says he actually has been activated. But according to Mark Bowman, it does look like it will be this weekend, if not today. If you have a Friday through Sunday lineup, Bubba, like just a weekend bi weekly lineup like NFBC has, are you putting Acuoni in there for the maybe one, maybe two games that you're getting from him this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'll take the two home runs he'll hit if he plays on Sunday, but I'm not doing it just because like he's been still limping around the wordage about how win and they'll activate him, of how he feels is. It's just been a weird scenario and like they said, he's going to be activatd like last weekend, it's been going on every day, so it should be this weekend. I'm still waiting until I see it happen.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: B D in the chat said that the Land of Paper says he's in Triple A today most likely, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know, Bedie, thank you for that. So it looks like you're getting two games at absolute best out of him. So I guess in fifteen team leagues, maybe you don't have a better option. Ten and twelve team leagues you likely do game OVA save hold league George Soriano or Alex Vesia. I feel like I probably would prefer to trust Vesia there, just given the team context, the higher strikeout upside.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Bubba, Yeah, I'm leaning Vessia. The team context alone goes along way. Sixteen holds and two saves for Soriano's pretty sweet, So I'm not knocking that. Actually, the more I look at it, maybe sorry Onald because Vessi his usage is so weird, and if Edwin Diaz returns, it just clogs up the back end even more. Vessi has got three saves and sixteen holes and go Vessia just got better team context.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think That's where I'm at as well here, And we also the next question hurts me a little bit. Are we officially worried about Braxton Ashcraft? One of my favorites. It's been a little bit of a rough go for him as of late, but it feels a little bit unlucky these blow ups that he's had four of them in the last eight starts. He's still getting the strikeouts, he's not walking a lot of batters. Still expected FIP over his last eight games is three twenty eight with the six era. It's funny that this happens right after I planned the flag a few weeks ago about Braxton Ashcraft on the show with Welsh. But I'm personally not that worried. I think he will end up being fine.
Speaker 2: But but what do you think, huge asscraft guy here, have him a lot big start versus the Cubs on Sunday. What I would say is they're going to limit innings. They're going to do it's a workload thing. He's running out of gas. Skills are still very good, swinging strike is still very good. The way they utilize them down the stretches the part it's going to be quite annoying for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will see about the limitations. I think we're all we all use the term crochede at this point, and you know, maybe it happens three four innings starts to keep him healthy for I think they're still hoping to get into the postseason. What are they fifty three and fifty. We'll see if they make it. The National League is a little bit harder than the American League this year, but we'll see what they do down the stretch to try and keep Bracks and Ashcraft healthy. But I'm not worried from a talent perspective at all utility spot Royce Lewis, Many Machado or Mickey Moniac. I'm not a Royce Lewis guy anymore. I've given up Moniac. I like a lot from a talent perspective, but you can really only start him at home against righty's for the majority of the time. And Machado, as we talked about earlier, he's really been heating up. So I'm going, Manny Machado here, Bubba with a bullet, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Machado for me, as I don't know if it's a daily league or not. But Moniac's got two lefties over the weekend, so that already crosses himount no matter if he's homeward road. So yeah, give me, give me Manny Machado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who that Yeah, we did answer that one before the Moreno and Herrero one. He says he cut out for him, but Moreno we are we are going with Gappy Moreno. There Lee asking about who do you like a shortstop this week and rest of the season, Jeremy Pagnia or Boba Schett in a points league. I guess probably Paanya. It's probably Paenya.
Speaker 3: It's Penia.
Speaker 2: Just pray his hamstrings, say's healthy, because when he's been on the field, he's still been a top five but pretty close stop five short stop. He just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I wish, I really really wish for both of them that they could just stay healthy, stay on the field. And I don't I wonder if Pashett at all set himself back coming back on the World Series last year and playing hurt and limping around the bags like he did. It doesn't get talked about that much this season with his struggles. But is that something you guys have considered it all, Bubbo, that going back early to play in the World Series might have hurt Pashette in the long run a little bit.
Speaker 3: I haven't discussed it.
Speaker 2: It makes sense to what you're saying definitely, and he's because he's he's Bashett has been better over the last let's say, three to four weeks. But there could be something to your point for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a couple of times in the World Series where he did not look right. I know he had a big home run off a show, hey, but walking around the bases, he just did not look right in the World Series. Speaking of the Blue Jays World Series team and Py France, does he keep this up rest the season? The guy's been unbelievable. One thirty nine WRC plus sixteen homers in seventy seven games, a twelve percent barrel raid. The stats are unbelievable. For ty Franz, I'm gonna lean towards he's probably not going to keep this up because he's never been this good really, at any point in his career. And why is he doing it in a pitcher's park at age thirty two for a bad team. But what do you think, Bob, I'm not a believer here.
Speaker 2: I'm not a believer, but like I still think he's gonna be very good. A lot of the underlying stuff supports the contact rates and the power and everything, but Yeah, it's like, what next week we're gonna get Ezberlin, Valdez or Ty France rest of the season?
Speaker 3: Who you got?
Speaker 2: I can already see it coming. Oh, because they're both on an absolute monster teary. I think we both think they're going to regress. But who regresses less as the bigger question, and yeah, that's that's coming.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I would do there. Actually, I maybe France's profile feels more sustainable. Paldez has a lot of the contact issues, but he also has a much higher upside. I don't know if you if you had to pick one, who would you go with?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: I go Valdez, nothing against France. I think France is a great play as well, But give gives you as brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. A couple more questions here we'll get to. Do you guys think Kyle Harrison will be limited when he comes back? Or should I scoop him up ten team roto? I think in the ten team it's a little bit trickier a lot of the time, but he has one hundred and twenty four inning season in twenty twenty four. He's at three innings right now, and if you look, rest of season, is he gonna go much farther than forty or so innings, fifty innings something like that. I mean, rest of the season projections are between forty four and fifty four innings, which would put him about where he was in twenty twenty four. So I don't expect huge, crazy limitations. I don't know if they'll let him go one hundred plus pitches every time out, but in the eighty to one hundred range feels pretty achievable. Bubba, what do you think they're Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: That's about fair. If you can stash them on your il, I'm all for that. He's gonna throw a bullpen this weekend and then a rehab start next Friday, the thirty first, is the plan. If all goes well, then he comes back the following week with the Brewers. So we have about two more weeks before we know what takes place here. But it's like we talked about yesterday with like miz and Henderson, is they need these guys for October. So there's gonna be a lot of maneuvering in that Brewer's rotation, I feel like for sure.
Speaker 1: And zach netto the last question, Well, I believe it's the last question, although we'll get this some more later on Zach Netto. Will he fix the strikeout problem if traded to the Yankees or Red Sox. He'd better not be traded to the Yankees. That would really piss me off.
Speaker 3: That was the latest rumor, so yes.
Speaker 1: Was it really man? Well, they do need a shortstop, whether it's lindor Netto or whoever the hell they end up trading for. I don't think Vuolpi is the guy in the future, but a lot of strikeouts this year. It is a good point. Neto has a thirty one percent strikeo right in the first half, thirty two percent since coming back in the second half of play in just a six fifty three ops. Any concerned about him? Bye bye? I think that by and large he's probably been a bit of a disappointment this season based on what he did last year. Has been a bad year. But I don't think he's quite lived up to his price tag.
Speaker 2: The strikeouts are very concerning, but yeah, the price tag nineteen homers thirteen steals that two thirty eight averages crushing you. He hasn't lived up to the price tag now, he's been just fine, Like, you're going to live with this because he's going to get you probably another twenty five potentially twenty season, which is what you're looking forward Zach Netto. You're just hoping a hot stretch comes in and he gets it, gets you back to two fifty and then it's almost the same stat is every other year for Netto, and he's not that far off as my point, he's just striking out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean the raw homers and steals are still gonna end up at like, you know, mid twenties and around twenty respectively, probably, so it'll still be a valuable fansy asset. But I think those strikeouts have hurt us a little bit. I think we would have hoped for a higher output of steels thirteen of them in one hundred games after he had twenty six of them last year. But it's still been a good season. I don't think anybody who drafted Zack Natto is losing their lead because of him necessarily. One more question. We'll take one more question for now, Ian Seymour or Christian Scott. Rest of the season might be Christian Scott. I think both deserve to be rostered. If I could just pick one. It might be Christian Scott though, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think Christian Scott as well, big big fan of Christian Scott. It's another one of those age old stories for hitters and pitchers, young young hitters and pitchers. Just because they struggle once or twice early does not mean you should give up on the skill set that they bring to the table.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, guys, let's go ahead to the injury updates. We're gonna skip three up and three down today because honestly, all the noteworthies we talked about the headlines already, there just wasn't enough to fill up a three up and three down today. But we will get back to it on Monday for sure. Injuries we mentioned Ronald Acunya earlier could be activated this weekend. We're not sure exactly when it'll be. Doesn't sound like it will be today. Corey Seger expected to take live VP this weekend on either Saturday or Sunday. Feels like we spent the last six or seven years waiting for Corey Seger to get back to a rehabit Simon, It's just it sucks like if he's a guy who could play one hundred and fifty games every year. This is a guy who probably would have had some Cooperstown lore, I mean two World Series MVPs, and it's been a great player whenever he's been healthy, but just can'ts down the damn field. Jack Haglion has now missed two consecutive games after hitting his shoulder on a diving catch attempt on Tuesday. That one no fun to watch in your lineup every day. Just not sure what he's going to come back, but expected back today. He is he expected to be today.
Speaker 3: He was able to pinch it yesterday.
Speaker 1: If needing, okay, let's hope he's able to get into the starting lineup today. So if you're studying weekend lineups, probably safe to get him in there. JT. Ginn is currently shut down with a blister, but he does hope to return in the first week of August. And Addison Barger, what a year he's had transferred to the sixty day IL still without a time table to return just really sucks. After how he kind of burst onto the scene last year. He was great in the playoffs. It's like a thousand ops in the playoffs and he hasn't even really got on the field this year. Really unfortunate, but probably a good byeload next season. If he comes into the year healthy, that brings us to the home run board. And you know, I don't think High Koby is pulled away with it yet. But every day that I see High Covey with a three lead over lead and then additional three lead over whips, I wonder what we're gonna get over the weekend and over the next couple weeks. Is he gonna start to pull away with it. We'll have to see. I need to do the home run contest from the start of the year next year, and I will do.
Speaker 3: You and me both.
Speaker 2: I say that every year I come on to the show in the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: Every year.
Speaker 1: We are gonna do it from day one next year. And I gotta take it seriously. And I'm gonna take seriously today by taking Jordan Alvarez. I always get too cute with it. I always always get too cute with it. Oh, Miles Straw's facing the left handed pitch or whatever whatever I do. It's like, no Jordan Alvarez quite him on the books for my home run call today? Where are you going today?
Speaker 3: Bums?
Speaker 2: It's funny because I went in this morning and I went to go put my plays, and I'm like, ah, Joe took my dude. It's a great matchup for Davis Martin with jord On. So I went the other side of that game. I took Munna Taka Maricami. He loves hitting home runs at home at night. Eric Getty e ari over nine this past month. Not very good at pitching, so yeah, I'll take him. Gonna talka I think there's a lot of runs in that game between the two.
Speaker 1: I did too. CCD asking him the chat, I've been saying the same. I Seed showed me how to enter. It's a fancy pros discord and wonky of the chat. I'm sure we'll be able to help you, or somebody behind the scenes will be able to help you, for sure if you have questions. But the fanacy Pros Discord, there is a home run channel. You make your calls in there every day, and then the Want Sodo jersey at the end of the year will be a different jersey next year because we'll have given away the Want Sodo jersey. But when yourself some free merch, guys, we should take it more seriously. I'm not sure if they would give it to me as an employee if I won. But hey, you know what, We're gonna make calls next year from day one and see if we are able to get that jersey, whichever jersey it ends up being. Which does bring us to the hard rock best bets of the day. Some people are calling this the slow time of year, and you know, Lebron James is signing with wherever and Brandon Ayuk is crazy.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: We don't care about any of that. We care about baseball here. We have full slate of games today and nearly every day for you guys to bet on from the first pitch to the final out. And looking at the board today, I'm going Cincinnati and Saint Louis over eight and a half runs. Look around, see if you can find it a plus money. But RT Louder and Dustin May I've both been awful as of late. Eight and a half feels like a pretty low number. I don't even know if we need to get to the bullpens to figure this one out, Seth. I do apologize insulting your doppel gang or Dustin May, but I do think we are going to see quite a few runs put up on the board today. Apologies for that one, but Bubba, where you going today? It looks like Corbyn Carrol on your sheet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going riding this train because this boy is he's rak. It's either home runs or triples and scores are run. He's doing it all. He goes into Washington Great Ballpark to hit it and let alone. When palm Quist is opening. This guy named oh yeah, Zach Lytel is pitching. He's like top three in baseball on home runs allowed. So Corbyn Carroll over three runs hits an RBIs plus one twenty as you guys are picking up hopefully, I like doing prop bets at plus money and see see where it goes. It's a DFS brain in me, so I think Corbyn Carroll is a big one for tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh I misplaying DFS. I have to get back into it someday. But what you should be getting into is hard rock bet. They are new promos every single day. We're talking no sweat bets, profit boost bonus bets and more. Open to hard rock bet app now and see what you've got today. It is Florida's only legal sports. Look, but you don't have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way every day. So download the hard Rock Bet app and swing for the fences to day. Payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one A three to three play wise. In Indiana. If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred my reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler CCD, Yeah, I don't know not CCD. Sorry, Lee, I did not pass the buck to Wonky Penguin. Okay, I love Wonky. I love Kelly, but we're hosting the show here. Can only do so many things at once while we're on the stream here. But that will pretty much wrap it up for us for today and for the week. It wasn't much of a week for me coming back, just the last two days. But you guys are the best. Absolutely love you guys in the chat keeping it going with all the questions, all the comments. We really do love you guys. Baba. What do the people need to be on the lookout for this weekend or any content coming up for you over the next couple weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the Bubba and the Bloom shows. We record Tuesday Thursday nights. I got Bench with Bubba at least Mondays, if not multiple times. I had the Bubb and the Boom Patreon. I have a fab article there. We have an afeeded another discord to go to. Besides Fantasy Pros, they have stuff going on. So yeah, I know we have tons of stuff and the more important Ryan puts out some awesome sheets to help you with your weekly fantasy stuff. But I'll be back next Tuesday and Thursday with you, Joe, so they get me twice next week instead of three times, So we're gonna be doing that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just take a look at the schedule. It'll be myself and the Welsh on Monday, and then, as Webba said, you'll see him a couple of times. And I could probably post a little graphic on our Twitter and Instagram accounts and let you guys know what's coming. But what's the fun in that show.
Speaker 3: Up to the speak Fridays.
Speaker 1: Who knows who's gonna be here. It might be myself, it might be Welsh, could be Bubba, could be Bogman, maybe even Bloomfield shows up at some point. Who knows what's gonna happen. Make sure you guys are locked in on the channel. Recorded a great show last night with our dear friend Eric Cross, looking over six different stat caast categories and looking at the leader boards hard hit percentage, barrel rate, average, batspeed expected, well, a lot of different stats. Going into the nitty gritty of our process a little bit. We went over an hour and actually, yeah, thank you, Kelly, that one will be out, seth that one will be out this afternoon, so you guys be on the lookout for that one. Always fun talking with Eric, and we went a little bit long as well, that one was well over an hour, so make sure you guys are checking that one out. Subscribing to the channel, subscribe to the podcast feed, YouTube, do all the stuff. It takes like thirty seconds, like subscribe all the places, and you will help us out and make us very very happy here. But guys, that will do it for us today. I'm leading off. We'll see again next time for Casey Bubba. I am Joe Rico. We'll talk to you Monday right here on the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Thanke it easy, everybody, Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on
Speaker 2: Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m LB