Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: We've been arguing about these percentages the whole game.
Speaker 2: You guys made my head hurt.
Speaker 4: The only person who doesn't have an opinion is.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I checked out.
Speaker 5: You made my head hurt, he said, point oh one.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did. I think we objectively know his opinions.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a little.
Speaker 4: But besides that, we'll see.
Speaker 2: You got all these people doing all this fancy math, gazintas and carry the onee.
Speaker 6: No one ever said the word gazine. That's not that's not a word. That it was was said by the one. We are here at ks Bar and Greyley FM nine two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. Kentucky is getting ready to play Troy Friday night, seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Are you glad, by the way.
Speaker 6: Ryan, that we're gonna get to watch a day of games without losing?
Speaker 4: You know, we lost.
Speaker 6: We lost to Saint Peter's and Oakland both on the first day of the tournament and didn't even get to Friday. I can tell you this bar felt the effects of that. Are you Are you glad that we at least get one day of tournament? Yes, a day in Lexington of tournament.
Speaker 2: And this is you know some of our favorite days of the year. But after Kentucky got beat those first two rounds, Kentucky kind of check out. They don't even really pay much attend.
Speaker 4: I know that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember we had the big Watch party here last year. I didn't go so where people left here like they had died, like they saw somebody die. It was awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we get a whole day of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I would say, if we were to win, I would think we would be you know, uh, they put a prime CBS slot on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It's like their big game.
Speaker 6: And if you look at the possibilities of games Duke Duke Yukon and Kansas Arkansas are gonna have to be on Saturday. So like I'd say, we probably would get that like four thirty five o'clock slot. So, you know, I think if you're playing in the games, if we there's no way for us not to have a Marquee game, right Kentucky Illinois a Markeee game, Kentucky Texas a Markeee game, Kentucky Xavior might not be. They might put us earlier or later in the day if we play Xavior, But if we play Texas or Illinois, I think we'll end up getting the Marquee game on Sunday, and you're gonna end up having two kind of primetime games.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My first thought when the draw came out wasn't even about the opponent. It was the Friday night game because I remember last year in Pittsburgh, we had friends there and see in a while, we had a whole day planned on Friday to watch games the casino, and then I wake up and people are already changing flights and we're all gone before we even got to the weekend. It was so much sighting times ahead. So not that I think Kentucky's gonna lose, but it is comfortable knowing you can get a whole day not having to sweat anything.
Speaker 6: All right, I want to do two quick things here, talking about if you like to have fun, all right. So let's say you're here in Lexington and you want to go to the games, all right. Oddly, the tickets for these rep these games in Lexington are oddly cheaper than the ones in Milwaukee, which I would have never believed because Tennessee, Louisville, and.
Speaker 4: Auburn are all closed.
Speaker 6: But right now, if you go on the tickets for our the tickets for our game Friday night. Right now, the cheapest ticket on step up is two hundred dollars, the cheapest ticket cheapest.
Speaker 4: That shocked me. I thought those tickets wouldn't be hard to get their two hundred dollars paying in Nashville for the SEC Tournament.
Speaker 6: But anyway, so here's who's gonna be here? Okay, all right, tell me what we think about these fan bases. Auburn's gonna be in Lexington. They were just here in football season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll they'll bring a lot of They'll bring a big crowd. There'll be a lot of orange in this town, so a lot of.
Speaker 6: So you like having Auburn, Alabama State or Saint Francis, Well, they bring a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people, parents, girlfriends.
Speaker 6: Alabama State though, could end up playing a team from Alabama.
Speaker 5: That's kind of interesting, right of the two. I would watch Alabama State to travel better there.
Speaker 4: Do you think Louisville gets a big crowd here?
Speaker 2: I think this may be the biggest Louisville crowd we've ever had. At Ropper.
Speaker 5: They don't even go to their home football or basketball. They got a little better as the year.
Speaker 4: What's going on? They ended up at the end of the year getting pretty.
Speaker 2: Good crad They had a good crowd the AEC tournament. It looked like the other night.
Speaker 4: So do you think you think they'll be ten thousand Louisville fans here?
Speaker 5: It's too high. I know a lot of people who bought Lexton regional tickets a long time ago, not even caring who's gonna be here. So I wonder how much of a just a local crowd.
Speaker 4: They might know Louisville fans to give them to could or they could be Kentucky fans who will not budge and give them up to go us.
Speaker 6: Interesting when they won the national title, they played their first and second round games here that year and.
Speaker 4: They had a massive crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did.
Speaker 6: I think it'll be interesting to see if they do this year, because because if I were them, like, this team really is an a It's an amazing thing what that team has done, even though if I don't know how good they are for real, but you would think that people will.
Speaker 4: Come, But maybe they won't.
Speaker 5: I was wondering, I guess, as the home team, do they get to use our beautiful Final four locker room.
Speaker 4: I don't want them in there, so they make four. Okay, so all burn will get to use our final four.
Speaker 2: But I guess and this winner goes to Atlanta, right, Yes, so maybe Auburn fans are not going to come to Lexton saving up to go to Atlanta, and the.
Speaker 6: Louisville crew will be tough. Here's Creighton, they traveled then, do you think? Yep, Creighton actually has a lot of fans, and Omaha's not that far. I mean, Omaha is definitely driveable. I think you'll be surprised how many fans Creighton has.
Speaker 2: Creighton had a big crowd of the Big East Championship game against Sint John's. Yeah, they'll they'll bring up Creighton group here. The only Blue in the whole tournament will be them, all right.
Speaker 5: They've been to two straight sweet sixteens. They get into this tournament too.
Speaker 6: Tennessee, Tennessee a lot of people, don't you think. Plus they play Thursday night, so I think people will drive up during the day Thursday.
Speaker 4: You think there's a lot of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Tobacco retailers are guaranteeing there'll be a lot of women up here chewing their tobacco, So tobacco sales will skyrocket in this town this weekend.
Speaker 4: Are they guaranteeing? Yes, guarantee you were guaranteed?
Speaker 6: All right, Wawford, you know Wawford's got that forty three year old dude that looks that shoots granny shots on the team. He's gonna be in Lexington.
Speaker 5: That Dwight Perry, he'll have a Perry is gonna be here. He has a chance to do the funniest thing and knock the balls out as we're all sweating about this angel Indie matchup right now. He's remembered as the guy who was, you know, an accidental starter. He can change his legacy by if.
Speaker 4: We were to beat Tennessee. Do we we hang up Dwight Perry's jersey.
Speaker 5: Absolutely no name on it, because right he didn't have a name on that one, just an anonymous jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no names jersey, no name, no name. Was it number thirty you said thirty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that would be hilarious spear to pull that off, especially with the guy we talked about the.
Speaker 4: The other game though U c l A. They'll have nobody nobody nobody.
Speaker 6: I mean, are there is there one UCLA fan that lives in Lexington? Do you know a UCLA fan, I do not.
Speaker 4: I don't know not tend or Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I don't think I do either.
Speaker 4: I don't think I do either.
Speaker 6: I don't I know one guy it's UCLA fan. I went to law school with him, but he lives in d C. I don't know any I don't know a UCLA fan. Low turnout for the Bruce. What about Utah State? You think they have a lot. You think that the Mormons will travel.
Speaker 2: Like I said, family and girlfriends. I don't be it for them, and they.
Speaker 4: Play each other. You want to talk about a game where good seats are still available?
Speaker 6: Ucla, Utah State in Lexington. I mean it's not gonna be.
Speaker 2: Who's the second game that day? I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, so let's talk real quick about our session. Okay, so we've got the teams. We know Wisconsin will be there, excited to watch them.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of us like Wisconsin at all. So we'll be cheering against all of the UK will be cheering cheering against Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Wait, man, hang on a second. They're in Milwaukee, right, Wisconsin?
Speaker 2: Madison?
Speaker 4: No I know, but like they're playing in Milwaukee, I guess there is Wisconsin playing in Milwaukee. Because this goes back to the ticket thing.
Speaker 5: That could explain it.
Speaker 4: If they are if they're playing Sunday while we're playing, that ticket might be nine million dollars. So swimming? Are they in Milwaukee? Oh?
Speaker 5: Look it up there in Denver?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Who's the other team in what? Michigan State? So Michigan State is in Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: North Carolina could be in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: So but Michigan State.
Speaker 2: They'll have a lot of people definitely will.
Speaker 4: Then Marquette knew Marquette.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Markettes in Milwaukee and.
Speaker 6: Make market Michigan State play Marquette in Milwaukee?
Speaker 5: Did they Markett's and Cleveland?
Speaker 4: So who's the other team in Milwaukee?
Speaker 5: We got Old Miss in Milwaukee. Ohiowa State, Lipscomb.
Speaker 4: Iowa State? Okay, the other big seat is Iowa State.
Speaker 5: Also the UCLA Utah State is the late nine thirty game in Lexington.
Speaker 4: That really will be that place is my UCLA Utah State at nine thirty in Lexington. There's going to be no one there, nobody the Tennessee team Tennessee place first. Their fans will all leave, Yes, they'll good. Honestly like that.
Speaker 6: You could you could go roll naked up and down the aisles during UCLA Utah State and.
Speaker 4: No one will be there.
Speaker 2: You can buy a ticket on the street for five dollars maybe a dollar because Tennessee will I have played for the session, so like it's just gonna be an empty arena, dry, like just completely empty.
Speaker 5: They should work something out where local people can just go here, where are your tall T shirt? And try to act like we have a crowd here.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: All right, if I'm eighty seven, who's next, Mike, Mike, go ahead, Mike, Hey, hang on.
Speaker 7: Matt, I'm good, Uh listen, I just well, well, let's know this was about about the waffle house. Allow me to have a comment about them. We were down Nashville last weekend last week and we stayed at by the oppert Land and we ate a waffle house there on the Gamck Pike and it was really good, and we will we ate it on the day that we beat ok Oklahoma, so superstitious eat a waffle house on the day you uh, you beat you supposed to place somebody and maybe you'll for.
Speaker 6: You think, maybe saying you think because you ate itf house. And we won that we should all eat at waffle house and then we'll win.
Speaker 7: Well, that could be a superstitition. I don't know, but I think it's just a happenstance.
Speaker 5: But anyway, all right, well we appreciate the call. I have something we forgot about Auburn too, going back to that, Auburn baseball plays here Friday to Sunday. They're basketball games Thursday. You're a big Auburn fan. What a weekend to take over Alexion.
Speaker 4: But that stinks for our baseball team.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 6: Our baseball team gets a home series against Auburn and then Auburn's playing here in basketball.
Speaker 5: They don't need something to do.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be where that Well, maybe we should be marketing this bar to Auburn fans, because no, that's right, they'll have a ton of people here for that.
Speaker 5: I didn't think the SEC series and you might have a road crowd and their rank sixteenth in the country.
Speaker 6: No, my minji owns gotta be like, are you kidding me? I get a home series and then that fan.
Speaker 5: Base ends up here. Do you think about that playing out for them?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Imagine if we went somewhere in Kentucky baseball happened to be in town, that'd be such.
Speaker 4: As that's that's absolutely brutal. I didn't. I did not know that.
Speaker 2: That's a shame because all the Auburn fans that are here in town for basketball have nothing to do during those off days. They'll go to that baseball game and make Kentucky Prowl Park orange.
Speaker 6: That's nasty, that's brut All right, let's go quickly here through the uh I assume we go. I'll pick Florida over Norfolk State, Yukon, Oklahoma? Who you got?
Speaker 4: Big game?
Speaker 5: Oklahoma takes down the Hurley dynasty.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I like Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: I'll take you carn Who you got?
Speaker 8: She give me Oklahoma?
Speaker 4: Oklahoma?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Putting through Jeremiah Fears Memphis and Colorado State.
Speaker 6: Colorado State's a very fancy upset pick. Usually when that happens, the other team the favorite ends up winning, although in this case Colorado State's a favorite by DraftKings.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go still with Memphis.
Speaker 5: What do you got Memphis best players?
Speaker 7: Hurt?
Speaker 5: I'm going Colorado State.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know Colorado. I'll still go Memphis, all right, Shannon, I've still got Memphis all right, so we're tired. Colorado State Memphis.
Speaker 6: Colorado State moves on Maryland against the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 5: It's a Grand Canyon going with the Crab five because it's the best nickname in basketball. The Crab five's what they call Maryland. Crab five.
Speaker 2: Not heard that?
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I go, I'll go to Crab five. I just like the nickname.
Speaker 4: Take Maryland. What do you got you?
Speaker 3: I was gonna pick the upset with Bryce Drew and Grand Canyon, but you guys are.
Speaker 8: You can't out vote me.
Speaker 4: But Missouri and Drake. Give me Drake, Drake, Missouri, Missouri. All right, Missouri and Drake.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, I have Missouri going all the way to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't got anything now, because that's my underdog. Texas Tech UNC Wilmington.
Speaker 8: Texas Tech, Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: Texas Tech, Kansas and Arkansas. The Peace versus the Past book returns the shirts, Peace versus the Path. I'm taking the hair piece.
Speaker 5: I think there's been so much talk about cal Verse, but you know, everyone's completely looking over Bill self, and they got a talented roster. I think they can go on and run. I'm taking Kansas.
Speaker 2: I think Boogie Flann makes them worse. So I take Kansas too.
Speaker 8: I would have picked Arkansas. I wanted to see cow versus rick.
Speaker 4: All right, So now you get Kansas. Saint John's who you got.
Speaker 2: Saint John's Kansas, Kansas?
Speaker 8: Who you got Saint John's all right.
Speaker 6: Kansas, Saint John's st Yeah, moves on in our bracket.
Speaker 4: Texas Tech Drake Drew.
Speaker 5: Ooh uh, Texas Tech Drake.
Speaker 6: Texas Tech Shannon Drake, all right, our Oscar Military there, Texas Tech Tech Drake, Texas Tech moves on.
Speaker 4: Okay. Maryland versus Colorado State Drew Maryland crab five. I'll take Maryland, Shannon in Colorado State, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, So Florida, Maryland, Florida, Florida, Florida. All right, Saint John's, Uh, Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Saint John's, Saint John's.
Speaker 6: I'll take Saint John's, Texas Tech, Saint John's Florida. Can Ricky p get to the Final four? Take his fourth team to the Final four? First coach to ever do that? Can he do it?
Speaker 2: Florida?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Patino and Todd Golden. This is an interesting man. Yeah, Hi, the ladies, I will go with Florida. I'm gonna take Florida. Who you got it?
Speaker 8: I had this in my bracket. I had Saint John's.
Speaker 6: You had Saint John's. Well you you don't get this one. There you go Don Franklin Hoto. If you go to Don Franklin, best service, best selection, great vehicles, great family. It's Don Franklin Auto twenty seven locations around the state.
Speaker 4: They will beat the price of wherever you go.
Speaker 6: If why buy a vehicle somewhere else when you can buy it with our good friends at Don Franklin Don Franklin Auto dot com. Picket go to the dealership nearest you and you can make it happen. It is Don Franklin Auto dot Com. We'll take a break and be right back. It's KISR. I can drive to a truckmen.
Speaker 4: We can end up you know the no. Yeah, on a good night.
Speaker 2: This is your Corey dude.
Speaker 4: His name is not Corey. His name is Wade. His name is Wade Hayes.
Speaker 2: Wade Hayes.
Speaker 6: And he was playing uh his name was on the marquee there at the Eric Church thing and almost made me want to go because I liked Wade Hayes, brown hair, blue eyes once in a lifetime. This is nineties country right here, Shannon. When I think a nineties country, I think his songs like this.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff right here. I guess Brian though doesn't know it.
Speaker 8: He doesn't around in the nineties, a young man had gone.
Speaker 4: To Eric churches and he could have seen Wade Hayes play.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll stay out of this, out of them mas.
Speaker 6: I'd like to know how many people listen to this seven seven two seven seven four five two five four know who Wade Hayes is? And remember this song?
Speaker 4: Sir? Do you remember?
Speaker 6: Well, you can't hear it, so you wouldn't think you wouldn't. He wouldn't. He wouldn't be here because it's in our ears. So I have to sit here, pointed this guy going, you know this song? And like U, he's I'm gonna challenge him to a race. Uh So, Mark Pope. Mark Pope on his radio show last night, I said, Milwaukee's only seven hours away.
Speaker 4: If you come, if you get in touch with me, I'll pay for your gas. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: First of all, you think somebody's gonna content there's somebody standing there at UK right now going, well, Mark Pope paid for my gas to go to UH, to go to Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: I liked. Right after he said it, He's like, oh no, wait, I just remembered I had a great idea tobout ice cream this one time, and that backfire.
Speaker 6: Boss me a lot more than I Yeah, well the gas is gonna be a lot more than that if people took up for it.
Speaker 2: I wondered if Leanne was over the background waving her arms, no, no, be quiet, be quiet.
Speaker 4: I like that though. I like the excitement. I mean I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna guess nobody takes it seriously, or maybe they do. I don't know, but like, I just think it's cool. He has that kind of energy says, come get in the car, come to Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: I got you guess. I think it would be cool if he did. I mean he obviously can't just take calls and meet people to fill up their gas. I mean he will fill you up on Broadway, we know if you're if his wife friend's out, I think he has an hour to get with like Clark's or someone and leave a little gift cards around to.
Speaker 6: Now that actually is a great idea. Go to Clark's puppet Shop, have a little gift cards. If you show your ticket to Milwaukee, you'd get the Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Has a chance to turn it into something. Drew just made a mark.
Speaker 6: If you're at Clark's pumping Shop, you're advertised this show you pump and you shop contact UK. You should do a thing where if they have a ticket, Mark Pope pays. I'm volunteering five thousand dollars probably for Mark, but Mark pays for the ticket. I think that would be a really cool, like fun gesture. I'll help you do it, Clarks if you want. I don't know what I can do, but I'll do something.
Speaker 5: Just a small gift card to get a little bit. He can't get every tiger.
Speaker 7: Go.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you a good story too. This is a good story for the fan base. I'm gonna post this picture a little later on in the day. So Kobe Bray, there's a guy in town here, true blue customs. He makes, he takes shoes, and he customs shoes. He does He's done a bunch for me. He does it for a lot of the players. He actually does it for athletes all over the country. But Kobe Brea is at the guy's house that does it to pick up his shoes. I guess the shoes he's gonna maybe wear for the tournament. You gotta give the dude who did this a little bit of guts.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't he wrote me. He's the one that told me about this.
Speaker 6: But he sees Kobe Bray in his neighborhood picking up these shoes and he hollers at him and goes, hey, Kobe, my mom lives right here.
Speaker 4: She's a huge fan. Would you say hi to her now? And somebody did that to me?
Speaker 6: Like, I go, I don't know, I'd be like, oh man, yeah, or Kobe Brea, what a nice kid. He goes, walks down the road apparently like a couple blocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, walks to the mother's house, knocks on the door. Kobe Bray is his mom's favorite player. Knocks on the door.
Speaker 6: Imagine mom, she just opens the door and there is Kobe Bray like he's just standing at the door. I have a picture I'll post later of the two of them. Again, that's a little thing, but that had to be huge for the mom. Kobe brayce shows up at this Woman's door, Drew. I just like this team because it feels like they do things like that. I know other players have done it. I'm not gonna act like they're the first ones, but they there. Just seems like there's a lot of that with this group, which makes it easier to easy to root for.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, it was her birthday of the day before, so awesome timing on that. Sound like she almost passed out thinking she had won the lottery or something with Kobe Bray had just showing up. But I mean, I don't know how many people have done that. The guy said, you just follow me home. I just could go to my house. Well, you know, you gotta have a lot of gumption, the.
Speaker 2: Appreciation these guys have to be able to put on that Kentucky jersey. I mean, you know, he was a Dayton the last couple of years. Man, now he's a place where he's get adored and loved and I think he Uh, these guys are old enough to appreciate that being a Kentucky wildcat.
Speaker 6: All right, No spoilers. No spoilers because there's people who don't watch the show. People haven't seen it yet. Have you ever heard two minutes of television more insane than the two minutes on White Lotus with Baby Billy and the Sam Rockwell character.
Speaker 2: No, and I didn't see it coming. It came out, and I would hope you didn't.
Speaker 6: If you had seen that coming, you'd be like, ah, you should sell stock, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They were meaning, I think, to talk about something else. The next thing I know, they're talking about something else.
Speaker 6: No, don't get into it. I don't trust you to talk about what they were talking about. I mean, I post a picture if you go to my Twitter of baby Walton Goggin's face as he's listening. That's become my new oh wow for real face. I mean, I like Sam Rockwall is a great actor.
Speaker 4: Drew. Have you seen the scene yet? Twice? Whoa?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 6: There's very few times you're watching something and you're like whoa. And every moment he kept talking, it got weirder. Yes, it did, like it just kept getting the more and more he went.
Speaker 5: Those are two great actors. I thought, just as good as his, uh we'll call it storytelling was The look on Walt Goggin's face was just as good too. I think they should as crazy as it is they should win an Emmy for that.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree with you. I thought that was a great episode. I loved it was intriguing, you know, I felt like I was there. Yeah, Parker Posey. If I could watch Parker Posey talk, you love that hyper net like, I could watch her do that.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: We're good, Papa. For all the criticism the show's got for the first four episodes, episode five kind of picks it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're gonna live in Taiwan. Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 5: Uh, Parker Posey, do you like that?
Speaker 4: That's got me.
Speaker 5: I spent a lot of time in North She also needs an Emmy. She's been great.
Speaker 6: I would give an inmy to her and and to Baby Billy. I would give an ME to both of them.
Speaker 4: They both.
Speaker 2: You get to see a lot of Baby Billy too and righteous Gemstones this week A lot.
Speaker 5: I heard that A lot.
Speaker 4: Good. That's what Isn't that what you want?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Five nine two twenty two eighty seven Draft Kings. Let's say you want to make a bet. I mean, this is the time of year, right, I mean, if you're not betting Draft Kings, now, what are you doing? Cinderellas, you got buzzer beaters, you got upset. It's all at DraftKings. Bet five get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Use my code KSR. It's at DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a game problem, called on air game or eighteen plus Kentucky onlysebishing supply Ncustomer oly bopts for one hundred sixty eight hours of treatments. Additional serve Responsible Gaming Resource dk DK, NNG dot cl slash audio.
Speaker 2: How'd you get?
Speaker 4: How about TJ Smith? Personal injury attorney?
Speaker 5: Call TJ.
Speaker 8: He'll make them pay Now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones more Waite, Hey, Shannon, Yeah, old enough to know better?
Speaker 3: I think this is more young to care, more popular song out of the two that we played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard this one. I'm old enough to know better. Yeah, but I'm still too young to I didn't.
Speaker 2: Recognize the other one, but I recognized this one.
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Wade Hayes?
Speaker 4: Hayes Still don't know Superstar? When you know the song? Right?
Speaker 6: H eight five nine twenty two eighty seven so guess what my deal for Clark's pumping shop.
Speaker 4: Somebody's already done it.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's quick.
Speaker 6: Paul miller Ford says, if you go to nine to seventy five East New Circle Road. Uh, is this what's what's today? Today's tomorrow? So tomorrow is starting at ten am. If you go to Paul miller Ford, Uh, the first one hundred people that show up with a game ticket will get one hundred dollars gas card.
Speaker 5: Well that's a big gas card.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Can we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go. We'll just hit that media tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean we use it.
Speaker 6: You know if if they want to give the one hundred dollars gas cards, especially apparently they say they're partnering with Mark Pope. So it's one hundred dollars one hundred people. How much how much money they give it away?
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand? No, ten thousand? Here you go, one too many zeros?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, that's one too many zeros. But that's kind of cool. So ten am tomorrow. Cool, Paul miller Ford. You can get with Mark Pope gas money to go to Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: You could probably rent a van from Paul miller with the ticket, get the gas card perfect.
Speaker 6: Would you like to know how much how much a ticket to the night session Thursday night with Tennessee, Wafford, UCLA, Utah State? Would you like to know how much that's costing right now at Reperena get in price.
Speaker 5: It's tough because I'd trust Tennessee fans.
Speaker 2: Tennessee would probably drive it.
Speaker 4: To get in.
Speaker 6: So if you're gonna be in lectioning, then you got nothing to do and you're like, I'd like some hot Utah State action, Utah State, UCLA and Tennessee Wafford's only fifteen bucks. That's an NCAA tournament game. If we weren't in Milwaukee, I would definitely go do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go give dwy Perry a good crowd and try to get the balls out of here early.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What I would do is, uh, you guys can have a seat, go ahead. What I would do? Who is coming to this bar before?
Speaker 6: By the way, speaking of that, we will have all the games all day on Thursday and Friday. We're glad that not only have you, we want you to sit enjoy it, but just do me a favor.
Speaker 4: I trust you all. Come.
Speaker 6: Don't just sit here and not eat or drink. Don't that's not not nice. Okay, we've had such.
Speaker 4: Bad marches because of Saint Peter's and Oakland.
Speaker 6: We need a good March this year. So uh, you know, but we'd love to have you Thursday and Friday. There's no reason for you to work Thursday or Friday. I I mean seriously, like there's and if your boss makes you work, turn him into doze or something like. There has to be like, there's no reason to be working on Thursday and Friday this week.
Speaker 5: This week, you shouldn't have to email five things you did at work. Yes, you get to just watch.
Speaker 6: One things that did it work? I watched Wafford, Like that's what that's one of the things you do. I let all my employees off except the ones that work here and the ones forgets are but the rest of them all and have off for this Thursday.
Speaker 2: And we want you to come and enjoy the games here, especially if you're going to Rupperen to come here beforehand, pregame here, then go to the game, come here after the game.
Speaker 5: Can we put a valtax on all our menu items?
Speaker 6: Though I've considered saying if you wear orange, fifteen percent more but I think that might be illegal. One person writes, Matt, I have to tell you, the last twenty minutes of yesterday's show made me laugh as hard as any twenty minutes of all time. The combination talking about Bill Belichick's girlfriend and yoga, Jake learning how to use his phone, and Bob and Jamestown talking about the elevator test tower was ksr at it's best. See, I can't decide with Bob and Jamestown because he does respectfully Bob, because you know, I kind of like you. He does great on my nerves, but that is but he can add some crazy content that's actually kind of funny.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what he was talking.
Speaker 6: About yesterday with Rabbit hash Russ and all that, but to be fair.
Speaker 4: Drew, it was kind of funny.
Speaker 5: I mean, did any of y'all know there was an elevator test tower before he called in?
Speaker 6: I think I agreed with your point, though, like once you've tested a few times, like aren't you done?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Okay, it works? I mean, move on.
Speaker 2: I think that's why people generally like Bob and James Town's calls, because you never know what he's gonna bring to the table. You really never know what he's gonna bring.
Speaker 4: People are like, I really like Bob and Jamestown's call.
Speaker 2: Let's see what he's gonna talk about this time. Elevators like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little, he's like something. All right, let's do uh, let's do the next bracket. Are you ready? Okay, we've done. We've done a great job so far. Let's go up to the duke bracket. We'll assume they win their first game. Mississippi State Baylor, Shannon, who you got, very athletic team.
Speaker 8: Give me Baylor in this one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Mississippi State.
Speaker 2: Mississippi State.
Speaker 6: I have Baylor in this one, all right, so uh sorry, Mississippi State Baylor.
Speaker 4: Mississippi State moves on.
Speaker 2: Oregon versus Liberty Oregon Liberty and Ashton point guard colleg Oregon, Shannon.
Speaker 8: I've got Liberty in this one.
Speaker 4: All right, Sir bulls hat orgon Liberty.
Speaker 6: Oregon moves on, all right, Arizona versus Akron.
Speaker 4: I'm taking the zips.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the zips. I put the zips down of my bracket.
Speaker 6: Shannon, Arizona, Arizona, sir boy, We're going to the crowd on all these Arizona Achron Arizona moves on b Yu vcu the initials.
Speaker 2: Game battle the initials b Yu b Yu.
Speaker 6: I'm taking by all right, Wisconsin and as my grandmother would say, Montaner Montana or Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Wisconsin for me, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: Consconsin Wisconsin, Saint Mary's and Vandy.
Speaker 4: Shannon, you got to pick your team, don't you.
Speaker 3: I didn't in my own bracket. I had Saint Mary's be you we I mean, I would like to win my bracket.
Speaker 2: Can you be advanced?
Speaker 3: It's not who I want to win, it's who do I think will legit win the game.
Speaker 4: I believe in your team more than you do, So I'm taking Vans.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Saint Mary's.
Speaker 5: I have Sat Mary's my bracket.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm the only one that believes in Vanderbilt. Will assume Alabama wins.
Speaker 4: Duke versus Mississippi State, I'm gonna make you all prediction this Mississippi State is going to.
Speaker 6: Give Duke all they want. Duke has not played a team that athletic all year. They will give Mississippi State all they want. I'm gonna pick Duke, but if for some reason, Cooper flag is not playing or isn't one hundred percent healthy.
Speaker 4: I would pick Mississippi State, but I will take Duke.
Speaker 5: I had Baylor here and I had Baylor winning, So I guess for this exercise, I'll go with the Bulldogs. But I have Duke going down before the second weekend.
Speaker 6: So you have Mississippi State. Yep, all right, do we move Mississippi State on.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Duke.
Speaker 6: I've got Duke Kay Shant, all right, you got Duke. Guys back there, Duke or Mississippi State.
Speaker 4: Duke?
Speaker 6: Okay, but I thought we were gonna knock him out. Oregon in Arizona former PAC twelve matchup.
Speaker 8: Now not Oregon, Oregon, Oregon Arizona Arizona.
Speaker 6: But Oregon moves on in ours BYU and Wisconsin, Shannon.
Speaker 8: I got b why you and this one pulling the upset?
Speaker 4: I'm taking BYU as well.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Wisconsin, b Yu, b Y who's on.
Speaker 4: Saint Mary's In Alabama? I got Bama, Shannon, Bama, Bama, Bama. All right, so Bama and b Yu.
Speaker 8: I got Bama on this one too, Bama Bama.
Speaker 4: I'll take Bama, but I could see b Why you doing that honestly.
Speaker 5: Duke and Oregon, so throwing off here, I guess I'll go Oregon. I need Duke out.
Speaker 4: Duke, Duke Shannon, Duke Duke, and Bama Bama.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say Cooper Flag is not one hundred percent healthy for this, and if he is, give me Bama Bama.
Speaker 8: Yep, I've got Alabama.
Speaker 5: I've got Bama.
Speaker 4: Baylor here, Wow, Bama to the final four from this bracket. Wow, there you go. Who's up next? Let's go to Adam, Adam, go ahead, Adam.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, can I adopt Matt's theory on if I'm if I'm making a sports bet on the bracket and I say I picked Duke, but the game's closed, Remember what I said and give me.
Speaker 6: My Yes, it's a good way to head your bets. Remember I'm right even if I'm wrong. Yes, that said something I do in ESPN a lot. I do that for NFL games.
Speaker 10: So I'm going to nerd out here, and Drew is almost right on the ten percent if you grab ten grapes, but you have to remember it doesn't change the original problem of one out of one hundred. So when you grab ten and you eat them all the same time. You have to add up each probability of one divided by ninety nine one divided by ninety eight one about you know, you have to add all that up, and it comes out to about ten and a half percent.
Speaker 4: There's a huge window right now.
Speaker 6: There's a huge debate right now between we didn't we didn't go into it. What you said ten and a half and Drew's ten percent, And I feel like I still don't know what the exact answer is because you know, Drew's picking ten is a.
Speaker 10: Wonder at one time, if you eat one hundred one time, it's one hundred percent right correct chance of you getting the poison grape. But if you if you eat one at a time like it goes down, the percentage goes down. So you have to add up each of those percentages. When you throw ten in your mouth.
Speaker 6: Well it's either ten or ten and a half. And I appreciate the call. I go back and forth in my head. I'm not just gonna believe you just because you say it, sir. I mean, like I you may be right. I go back and forth in my head as to who's right. But Drew also saying I just took ten and eight of them all makes some sense to me too, So it's.
Speaker 5: Not thirty eight percent the original point oh one, no.
Speaker 4: And Drew sh yeah right, excuse me, who's next.
Speaker 8: Let's go to Jim Tom.
Speaker 4: Jim Tom, Jim Tom. That's a great name.
Speaker 5: What's up, Jim Tom, Matt you know me?
Speaker 9: This is a former mayor of Morehead. Jim I thought up for your show.
Speaker 4: I knew.
Speaker 6: I thought to myself, I know a Jim Tom and it was you that that's right, Go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, okay. I just want to give a shout out to the to the latest world champion from Kentucky. She's a Special Olympic athlete from Moreheads. From Morehead, she won the Special Olympics Global Games in Turin, Italy. She won the downhill super g and she.
Speaker 4: Is Hang on just a second, you're telling me the Special Olympic downhill skier winner at the World Global Games is from Morehead. Where did she learn to see her?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 9: She she has been in Special Olympics for quite a while. She has a conditioned matt where she ages on the inside but not on the outside. If you were to see her, she looks like she's about fifteen years old, but she's actually thirty four and she's been in the Special Olympics ski.
Speaker 4: Where did she learn to ski?
Speaker 9: She learned to skip. There's two different groups down here in Morehead. There's one of the Round County Special Olympics. But there's also another one that really works on the talent they have and it's called the Superheroes. Uh, Special Olympics. That's a special group that takes kids or young adults and they train them and if they do have a talent, and some of these kids are extremely talent.
Speaker 4: Not answered my question where did she ski? Is there anywhere to ski.
Speaker 2: And more Head?
Speaker 9: No, there's no place to ski in more Head. This group took her and taught her how to ski, and took her different places across the country and taught her how to ski. And she goes over there and she actually won a bronze and a gold and uh, but we're having a special thing for tonight and in more Hands.
Speaker 4: What's her name again?
Speaker 9: Her name is Desiree Nickel. I sent the information on Thursday or Friday to Ryan. He's gotta tex with their information.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you very much, Jim, I appreciate it, and congratulations to desiree.
Speaker 4: That's that's very cool. Appreciate the call. Uh, that's that's neat.
Speaker 2: That is cool from Morehead learn how to ski? Snow ski something we don't do. They told me.
Speaker 6: We sent someone to the Special Olympics in Italy to ski. I would not have guessed they were from Morehead.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I would have guessed they were from Kentucky. But very cool. Yeah, going all the way.
Speaker 4: I think that's where the Winter Olympics is in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I think I'm right about that. I could be wrong. It's Turin or Torino, depending on where you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomato, tomato a little bit.
Speaker 6: The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to advancing the interest of business and citizens across the Commonwealth and a pro growth tax environment, advocating for tax policies that help growth in Kentucky. You can learn more about their pro business legislation at the Kentucky Chamber ky chamber dot com slash issues. That's ky Chamber dot com slash issues to learn more. We will take a break and come back final segment here at KSR Folks eating lunch and answering bracket questions that's next on Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Quarterback.
Speaker 6: It is Kentucky Sports Radio final segment Here at ks Bar. We will be having should be a lot of fun here this week when with all the games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Kentucky plays seven o'clock on Friday. You can come get lunch. Tomorrow's Wingsday. We'll be here tomorrow as well. Would love to see you for dollar Wings tomorrow. The one person rights to the text machine. I love Bob and James sounds calls, partially because they're random, partially because they get my riled up, but most.
Speaker 4: Importantly because you don't let him go too long. I can see that. I mean, they are random.
Speaker 6: They're always oddly tied to what we're talking about, but not really. Like I'm in Bristol, Connecticut, so he's like, you know what's in Bristol. It's an elevator, Like like it's I am in Bristol, So I guess it's kind of tied to what we're talking about, but not really.
Speaker 2: And when you mentioned the Reds, he'll call some obscure fact about yeah, a play at Reds player.
Speaker 6: And sometimes though like he talked about that one reporter and we found out he was blind, and that was kind of interesting, right, So, uh, like you're coming around on Bob now stop one person rights is a math teacher. Should I play the tournament games on my projector during class.
Speaker 4: Thursday and Friday? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: When I was a kid, when the teacher would do that, they'd roll that TV out there on the wheels, and I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. So yes, Ryan played the games on the projector. You'll be the best teacher in the school.
Speaker 2: I mean, what else you gonna do. You can give him a break, let him roll the TV in and watch the basketball games.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you a grade I got in seventh grade, but I know the exact desk I was sitting in when Bryce Drew hit his shot and I remember the teacher rolling the TV out for that and our class going crazy. Absolutely, you need to watch the NCAA tournament in school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely think. I think you want to want to do that. I'll tell you something kind of interesting. So you know, we built this TikTok account, the KSR the show TikTok account from zero, and by we, I mean it's Mario makes these videos. We now have twenty six thousand and some followers. When you get to twenty five thousand, TikTok starts putting you in this thing where in where like businesses can contact you because you're now officially an influencer. So I just want you to know that officially we're influencers. So we've started to get these messages from people who want us to do tiktoks that are like endorsements, and I'm having to work it out with with with iHeart because technically, you know, it's a show account and all this, but the things people want us to endorse are very funny. And this is why Ryan can't be in charge, because he would say yes to all sure, he would like he would be like any he'd be putting things in his ears, like he would be doing whatever. And so we've decided I told Mario, don't ask, don't tell Ryan anything until you run it by me, because otherwise Ryan is gonna end up endorsing every product under the sun for like thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Why not, because.
Speaker 4: Would you like to answer to that? When you endorse everything, you downgrade the value of the brand, the brand, like you can't just be on every You have to be careful so that you keep the value.
Speaker 2: Of the brand. That's why you select just like one hvac company, one company, one roofing company.
Speaker 4: No, no, that's not what it means. You don't do everything. You don't do every.
Speaker 6: Type of thing, because then it stops being you know what I mean, it stops being valuable because they're like, Ryan will shill for anything.
Speaker 2: If they pay me.
Speaker 4: But that's what But that's not the view you can have. You're not You're not.
Speaker 2: A corporate slut.
Speaker 5: If you're on every commercial, they're less likely to go about the.
Speaker 4: Run. You can't be you can't be a corporate slut. You have to like Ryan Lemon has value.
Speaker 2: That's why I picked you know, CNS pools, one pool company, stocked the mortgage one mortgage company.
Speaker 4: But there are lots of different types of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't you know, if they were.
Speaker 5: To tell you a funny story about Ryan, I would love a funny story about Ryan.
Speaker 6: Somebody wrote me and said that Ryan, uh was you were doing one of your Uber eats things right DoorDash, door Dash, and that you came to their complex and you had the pizzas it was pizza, and they said they watched they looked outside and they saw Ryan roaming around looking for the apartment, and that you kept looking and kept looking and kept looking, and it didn't look.
Speaker 4: Like you can find it.
Speaker 2: It was very hard to find.
Speaker 4: And so the person was like, I got to see how this ends, and they said.
Speaker 6: At one point Ryan just shrugged his shoulders and just dropped.
Speaker 4: Dropped it on it, like just in front of a random apartment. Is that true story? No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I put it down to call the person. I had to call them cause I couldn't find their apartment. Then I picked it back up. And so you didn't just leave it on the ground. No, No, I would have liked it though if you did that. But I did have to put it down to get my phone out to call the person. Okay, some of these apartment complexes, it's it's confusing as hell. Try to find an apartment.
Speaker 5: I can't find Mario's apartment. I've driving circles when I go to meeting stuff. I can see why you can get lost.
Speaker 4: You have you have you had a KSR person yet? Oh? Yeah? Yeah? And are they nice to you?
Speaker 2: Very nice? They're gonna give me the old Go cats.
Speaker 4: I mean, are they nice to you, like with a nice.
Speaker 2: Tip that hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 4: Come on, that would be rude. That that's rude.
Speaker 6: All right, So tomorrow we are here at the bar. Thank you fellas very much for coming out. We are here at the bar for Wednesday, and then we will leave right after the show and head to Milwaukee side.
Speaker 2: First trip to Milwaukee. I'm actually very excited about it.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 2: They got a wind though.
Speaker 6: They cannot lose to Troy or someone's gonna pay. Thank you all very much for listening. We will see you later. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio.