Speaker 1: Command, this family.
Speaker 2: Welcome into a special episode of Next Man Up. Y'all saw last week we had the re signings. Now we got the free agency in the billings. We got a big one here safety Will Harris pulled up, came fresh, got the forces, all, got the all black problems.
Speaker 1: You're ready for business, hunh Yes, sir, you know it. You know that first and his.
Speaker 2: First congratulations, Man, you know they brought you here. You one of the first signs here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: What went into the decision to come bring your talents to the DMV.
Speaker 3: Man, Man, I'll tell you you know. First of all, Man, I'm super super excited. Man, I can't say that enough. I'm super excited and super appreciative of this organization, man for having that trust in me, and you know, for reaching out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: My agent told me, you know that that Washington was calling. And as soon as he told me that, Man, I said, well, you handle that, you know, you handle that on your side, but you know, you let me know.
Speaker 1: And it's a green light.
Speaker 3: Because as soon as it's a green light, were making it happen. And that's exactly how I went.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I was super excited as soon as I heard that they were in the picture. And you know, uh, you know, you see the way these you know, these guys play.
Speaker 1: You know, whether you're.
Speaker 3: Across you know, whether you're across the sideline from or you're watching you know, you're watching on TV.
Speaker 1: You know, it's something intangible that you can see.
Speaker 3: You know, how these guys play, the way they fly around, the way they get to the ball, the energy that they're playing with, how they're playing for one another, you know what I mean, how they playing for these coaches, how everything's just in tandem. And you know, obviously, you know, you got a guy like dan Quinn. Man, it's hard not to want not to want to run through a brick wall form for sure, you know what I'm saying. And so all of that, you know, I saw all of that from the outside end, man, and I wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: And man, look at God, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: God, I'm so glad to uh, I'm so glad to be here. Man, I'm so glad to contribute, you know, to the team, and you know, and meet the fellas.
Speaker 2: Man, that's so cool to hear you say that you had that perspective about dan Quinn and this team because again you're on the ouside looking you have your own career, you with the Saints and you actually played us. So was it the game where you played us where you got to see it or is that kind of the conversation around the league now with what's being built here, what dan Quinn and ap have done, is that kind of the conversation around the league.
Speaker 1: One hundred per one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: So that was already that was already the narrative before and you know, all week as far as getting when I was with my previous team, you know, all week in preparations like that was one of the keynotes. You know, outside of the ex's and those, outside of the players, it's you know, the culture there. You know they're coming with culture, you know, that culture of energy, that culture I mean they're putting you know, you know, guys are coming out there man and just letting you know, letting it loose, letting it loose and just playing for one another. Obviously, you know there's preparation that goes into it. There's you know, game planning that goes into it. You know, but outside of all of that, man, you see a team that you know, it's high energy. You see a team that you know, guys are playing for one another.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Every time they cross the paint in the end zone. Man, it's a celebration, which is great, man. You want to celebrate that success. Guys lifting each other up, good plays, guys lifting each other up. And you know some you know whatever, if there's a negative play, which there there are in every game, you know, guys are rallying around each other.
Speaker 1: Man. And you know when I was out there, you know, on the.
Speaker 3: Other side, you know when he played them, Uh, you know when he played the team last year. Uh, you know, all those things were evident. All those things are evident. I'm sitting out there watching it firsthand.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Negative play might happen, and guys are rallying around each other. You know, that's a psychological you know, upside that you can have, Like, that's an attribute that you can have. And Man, everything that I've seen, you know about this place has been so so impressive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And I'm I'm I'm extremely humble uh to be here, man, and that this organization trusts me to come in and you know, bring bring, bring my energy.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You know I wear that I wear that on my sleeve. Man. I take a lot of pride.
Speaker 3: And and and and being able to people, being able to turn on the tape and uh, you know and see the way I play, see me running around, flying around, you know, and uh you.
Speaker 1: Know, and uplifting my teammates. So I'm excited. I love that.
Speaker 2: That is the conversation you're having right now with me, man, Because Joe Witt Junior in this defense, this is first time being a defensive coordinator. So you're seeing all of this as a pro. You've been in the league for a little bit and you're recognizing all this. This is the first time defensive coordinator. Joe with Junior is only getting in his second year. So that's so impressive that you were able to see that, because I think we all saw that here, but the fact that you got to see it on the outside, it's really really dope. Have you got a chance to talk to Joe Wi Junior since you decided to come out here, you guys had to have any conversation.
Speaker 1: Yet, Yes, sir, Yes, sir talk to him today. You had to love that conversation. Man. That was man, that was amazing. My favorite guy in a building, man, Man, such.
Speaker 3: A great dude, Man, great dude, and just a wealth and knowledge as a pretending like just X's and those. Man, just a guy who just knows ball, knows ball.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We were just we were just I could have talked in there, you know, if I was staying in that man, I could.
Speaker 1: Man, we could have talked in there forever. Man, for real. But the guy who knows ball.
Speaker 3: You could see the light in his eye, you know when he's talking about you know, when he's talking about football, when he's talking about this game because it means that much to him. And so you know, you're talking about a guy, man who has a wealth and knowledge. Man, been doing this for man for a long time. And Man, I can't wait to be able to get in here and pick his brain and kind of learn from, you know, some of the gems that you know that he's going to drop for sure, and be able to you know, see things from how he sees him and his perspective, and kind of learn from him throughout the course of you know, throughout the course of the off seasons. So I'm super excited to be able to learn from him and the rest of the coaches, for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, Junior, what are the best minds in football, especially when it comes to that secondary. So really excited to see a guy like you be able to be implemented into his system.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about a guy like you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's talk about this a little bit, because I like to pay who these people are as people. And to me, when I look at what happened with you in New Orleans last year, it tells me a lot about you because you go in New Orleans on kind of like a prove it deal. You're not really on the depth chart, you don't really have a spot. You turn into a starter and you do it rather quickly. That is not something that is easy to do. But to me, that's something that says a lot about the man. Talk to us about what it was like going through that journey, being in a spot in New Orleans where you had to prove it but you were able to get it done.
Speaker 1: And we're able to get that start.
Speaker 3: Not well, you know, we from around the way, so all we need is a crack in the door. All we need is a foot in the door, you know what I mean? But uh no, in all seriousness, you know, you know it was blessed. I feel like every opportunity is a blessed was blessed with the opportunity, and it was you know, it was pretty much told me, uh, you know it is there is there for the taking and a guy like me, man, that's that's all I need to hear.
Speaker 1: That's all I need to hear.
Speaker 3: And it's not a it's not a a factor of of of what I'm going to do, you know, on the field.
Speaker 1: It's a factor of, you know, of when I'm going to do it, you know.
Speaker 3: And in my mind that's kind of the thing, not not in the not in the arrogant mind state at all, but just than me having that confidence in myself and me having confidence in the work that I put in, you know, behind the scenes and the work that i've you know that I've been putting in since this offseason started, and you know, it's been you know, it's been an every year thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: As soon as the season in, you know, I might you know, kick my feet up for a couple of days, and it's back to it.
Speaker 1: It's back to it.
Speaker 3: I only know one way and that's and and that's the work. And so you know, I'm excited, you know about you know, I'm I'm confident, you know, in my abilities.
Speaker 1: I'm confident in the way I play.
Speaker 3: I think that you know, my play and the energy that I have, you know speaks, you know, speaks for that. And I like and I love uplifting my teammates.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I love being out there and you know, my teammates make a play. I can you know, I can get in they face you know it's saying and turn them up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that stuff. I just love playing ball. Man.
Speaker 3: I think that, uh, some of that, you know gets lost, you know, uh, the you know, the older you get, you know, you get from high schoo to college, from college to pros, and you know, I think sometimes, you know, I think sometimes when you're around it for so long, I think some people may forget while we got into football in the first place, you know, while you strap them up for the first time in the first place. You know what I mean, that feeling you get you can't get doing anything else, you know what I mean? You know, the feeling you get from playing for football, from being out there with the fellas Man, from going to war with the fellas Man. You could bottle that feeling up and sell it, man, But it wouldn't be you know, it'd be.
Speaker 1: Priceless, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm excited to be here, man, and I'm excited to get going and get jeling with the guys.
Speaker 2: I gotta imagine that feeling that you're talking about gets even better when you were able to put in that work and you're able to see the results, because it's something Last year you're here to trying to just find a spot, trying to find a home. This time you're a coveted free agent. You're getting called, they calling you.
Speaker 1: To come here. Man.
Speaker 2: How rewarding was today, man, getting to sign that contract being somebody that was value, that was want, that has that that they have plans for you to be a part of the team that's different than what you dealt with last year?
Speaker 1: Man, How special was that for you? After all the work you put in? Right? Man?
Speaker 3: Uh, look at God, and you know, look at God, and I can say that I'm extremely humbled.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm extremely humbled. I'm extremely blessed. You know that.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, and I and I was blessed, you know to get the call from Washington and that you know and that the coaches here and at the organization, you know, had that trust in me to come in and and and and bring what I bring to the table. Uh here and Man, I you know, I promise everybody in here, Man, I promise them. But it's also a fact, man, is that you know I tell the coaches, you know, I tell my fellow teammates, you know, tell the organization, I tell the fans man Like, Uh, something that you can expect from me, man is is just non stop, high motor man, NonStop. And so I'm gonna get my all to this organization, to this franchise. I'm gonna get my all man and this and it's easy for me, man, because it's it.
Speaker 1: It just boils.
Speaker 3: Down to coming in and putting in the work and just being there, being a good teammate, man, just being there for my teammates and being a dependable guy, garnishing that trust from my teammates that they could be Like you know what, that guy, man, he comes in, he comes in.
Speaker 1: Every day, he works.
Speaker 3: I can trust that guy, you know what I mean, because I see it every day and I can trust that guy.
Speaker 1: And that means more to me than you know.
Speaker 3: Than a lot of other things, you know, having that trust, you know, gaining that trust, you know, having that trust with my teammates, and being there to be a good teammates. So, man, I can't wait to you know, to meet the guys man and get it going well.
Speaker 2: Man, bro you got me excited. Man, this has been a great conversation. I appreciate that. And one thing you said in your press before I let you go, which I think is why this is so special, at least for me.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the fan base.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that you've never received a reception like this before. You've not even strapped it up yet. You ain't put the jersey, or you may't pick your number, none of that, but you've still gotten that reception from the fan base. Just talk about that a little bit and what that experience has been like for you, because you mentioned that you've never doubled anything.
Speaker 1: Like this before. Yeah, Man, I mean it was crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Man, as soon as the as soon as the news broke, man Commander's nation went crazy, I did, his nature went crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: My phone still buzzn't, to be honest, and and I love that, and I love that, And I'm a guy that you know, I get it, like I get involved, so you know.
Speaker 1: Like reach out. You know what I'm saying, Like how at me? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, man, I did this fan base man, you could tell, you know, I you know, I can't wait to you know, get in front of the fans man, and you know, and be able to meet as many as I can and be able to you know, and be able to go and grind and work. All of that is motivation to be able to give them, you know, what they deserve, you know, uh, you know for trusting me and being excited about me. You know what I mean. And I can tell them you know firsthand, man, You're you're going to get you know, my awe.
Speaker 1: You know you're going to get my awe. Man.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm working for. I've already been, We've already been putting in the work. But you know that's just even more motivation, you know, for me to take with me you know, from here is to go back and you know, turn it up or not.
Speaker 1: And put the pedal to the metal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so you know, I can't wait to be around, to be around as many of the fans as possible.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to show out for him on Sundays.
Speaker 3: And yeah, man, if I ever, if we ever in passion, if we ever around, man, holler at me, and the fans.
Speaker 1: Will definitely I'll let you.
Speaker 2: They'll love that, and they'll love the fact that you get involved, because that's one thing about the DMV, man. This community is serious, especially this commands community.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So we're very happy to have your part of it. You know, we're gonna give you a jump start. Man, that's your why so camera right there before you get up out of here, or you look at that camera right there, talk directly to the commanders fans and tell them what they can expect, not only from Will, but the Commander's defense in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Flours, come on, man, now he Commander's defense.
Speaker 1: Man. We coming with it, We coming with it.
Speaker 3: You see the guys on this roster, you know, you see the guys you know who we got rolling out there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We got dogs all over the place, and dogs were already here man. And I'm just so happy, man, And I'm so humbled and appreciative to be able to, you know, to be a piece of that. And so you know, one thing you can expect from us.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We're flying around, we're hitting, we taking the ball out of the air.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All of that, all of that, We're going hunting man all year, all year, and you know we gotta raise hell.
Speaker 1: You know that anybody is done with that. This is right there, there's man, get out of race, and we need the fans to do it. Oh, bron be there, man.
Speaker 2: Honestly, after watching this video, they're gonna be ready to be out there right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They got I'm telling you, they started blowing me up. Man.
Speaker 1: They had me turned up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They have me ready to lace it up right now.
Speaker 2: You got me ready.
Speaker 1: We still we still got time for y'all. Got be ready to lace it up right now. I strap it up right now. Come on, come on?
Speaker 2: Will we love the energy man. We are so happy to have you here, Bro. This was a great conversation. Think you were taking the time in and again, congratulations man.
Speaker 1: You earned this.
Speaker 2: You earned getting to this point in your career, and I'm so happy you decided to pull up here and spend this part of your career with us.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I have no doubt's going to be fruitful. And successful brothers. I can't wait. I appreciate you. I can't wait, man this fam man. Next man up.
Speaker 2: Bro Will Harris up there feeling good. He got the raise. Hell going already, y'all. Make sure y'all show our new safety all the love that he deserves. His next man up, I'm Brian cople Jr. Here Will Harrison.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do it, Yes, sir