Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling. You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by Bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends.
Speaker 3: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm the teacher. I'm like, come on class, let's go sit down. When Bad Larry's the first guy to show up, you know that that's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: Hi Larry, Hello Dan, Hey doing buddy good?
Speaker 1: You sound energetic.
Speaker 4: I wasn't going to answer the phone. It came in this potential spam as a DP show. Okay, you call me on a different line.
Speaker 1: No, Marvin's calling you on the same one. He always does.
Speaker 2: Came up different are said, definite spam on the other end.
Speaker 4: Larry, Yeah, don't call I heard. I heard Chase the dirt is gonna save him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, it saved me last year.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome.
Speaker 4: This one's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's only a couple of horses that can win eight, ten, eighteen. Just hammer them, hammer them in every six every way you can't.
Speaker 4: I won seven eight seventeen eighteen. But we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Seven is not bad either.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me recap here. Bad Larry lost two units, so you're at eleven and a half. Okay, Shay, you lost seven units.
Speaker 3: Not fair?
Speaker 1: Your minus nineteen and a half.
Speaker 3: That's not fair. I've never been this bad.
Speaker 1: Dylan won seventeen units last Such a crock of shit. Okay, did you just you hit on one bet?
Speaker 5: I had one golf bet last week then, and it was Andrew Novak and Ben Griffin to win the Zurich Classic.
Speaker 2: It God damn it. They did twenty and then I lost every draft.
Speaker 1: So you're at minus three. Shay is minus nineteen and a half. Bad, Larry's up eleven and a half.
Speaker 2: What can happen in a couple of weeks then?
Speaker 1: But yeah, you've been good with your long shots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sung Jay him top five of the Masters, that was plus fifteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend. Yes, I'm gonna let you name your horse. If you had a horse in the Derby, what would it be cocaine coke. I probably wouldn't wait with a K. Sure they wouldn't let you do that. There is that one that's tis tistic. Yeah, which you've got to be careful when you're down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Call that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just just titstastic at the wire, tantastic. Okay, Uh Dylan, how about you?
Speaker 2: Um so Shay is cocaine? Um meth? Yeah? I would actually what about just Dylan Dylan the horse that's so lame?
Speaker 3: What about Pedico? I would say pedico. It's a Spanish word for cocaine, or for parrot. It's parrot. It's Spanish word for parrot, and parrot makes talk a lot. So cocaine. If you're ever in you know, any country south of Texas and you're looking for some action, you say, oh, and you can get it quick. I would say pedico.
Speaker 1: How about Bob Dylan.
Speaker 2: Bob Dylan for the that's what I'm named after.
Speaker 3: Oh you are? Yeah? Are you serious? Fucking communist parents?
Speaker 1: Do you think somebody is going to be named Chalome one one day? Since he portrayed Bob.
Speaker 2: Dylan, timod or Timothy with two ease, that's.
Speaker 1: A tough spelling, and there's an excellent you.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's from he's from Manhattan.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but his parents were weird.
Speaker 1: I think it's dad's French. Somebody's French there, it's a stretch.
Speaker 5: What secretariat too, secretariat partner, that's mine?
Speaker 1: Yes, Ray.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Spanish word for parrot is not what you said, Laura.
Speaker 3: What's pettica? What is laura?
Speaker 1: Maybe not? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Our Spanish listeners are going to be calling in Mario.
Speaker 1: Well, there's nobody to answer.
Speaker 2: Let's get Mario in here.
Speaker 1: Get Mario. Mario doesn't speak Spanish.
Speaker 5: He speaks he speaks like Bronx Puerto Rican, which is like more spanglishal language.
Speaker 3: It's creole.
Speaker 1: Okay. How do you punish your child if they did what Jeff Olbrich's son did.
Speaker 2: You came out swinging on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was hot. No, I'm like, hey, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: And first off, I don't believe his son stole the number off the iPad at all, No way, no chance.
Speaker 1: How do you think he got it?
Speaker 3: I think got it from his dad.
Speaker 1: Do you think you just said dad? Give me drinking with his dad?
Speaker 3: Frat bros In Town everybody's having a good time. Oh yeah, I give me the you got the number, one hundred percent, hundred percent he stole it off an iPad.
Speaker 2: I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 3: First off, First off, I'm a dad and I have an iPad, and my pass code is not known to my children at all, because if they get on my iPad, there's certain ship that they should not be.
Speaker 2: Saying, right, yeah, like their sander's phone number.
Speaker 3: Exactly, or you know my search history, whatever it is. My kids can't see that. So the fact that like he knows his dad's it's bullshit. It's absolute bullshit. He gave the kid his number. I don't think one hundred percent. I don't think that's why they find him so hard. Danny three hundred and fifty thousand dollars total. That's a shit ton of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Fake. Definitely want the draft picks go, and I understand that, but still three fifty a shit ton of money.
Speaker 1: I make my son split it, and then if you don't get back to uh, North Carolina, that's tough. You split the fifty one hundred thousand, you pony up fifty grand. I'll pay the other fifty so the.
Speaker 3: Kid doesn't have fifty grand obviously no shot. Yeah no, So what do you do?
Speaker 1: I get a job?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 5: What if he came out of school, sends him down a dark path and then all of a sudden, you know he's turning tricks and all because.
Speaker 3: Of he's competing with lot lizards in the middle of Memphisis we're doing?
Speaker 1: We're not doing? Why are you trying to.
Speaker 2: Be like shit, I'm not I'm raising a valid point.
Speaker 1: No work work.
Speaker 2: Do you think he knew.
Speaker 5: That his dad was gonna get fined one hundred grand? I mean they are fucking stupid for putting it out videotape.
Speaker 1: That's what that's you.
Speaker 2: Should get in trouble for that, not the prank call itself.
Speaker 5: Also, I stand by that if Shadur had gone like in this later in the second round, this prank call thing would be a nonsto agreat fact that he slipped down so far it was like a retribute.
Speaker 3: But filming it is worth one hundred thousand film It is just playing stupid.
Speaker 1: We also brought this stuff on the show. If you had a full sized silver backed gorilla versus one hundred humans, how do you think the humans would fare.
Speaker 3: It depends on the humans. You gotta draft the correct humans. That's the key, Okay. I mean I think you could one hundred humans absolutely the murder a gorilla, but the first twenty are dead. They're dead. You have to draft the first twenty have to be I mean Homer Simpson fat fatter than that. And you just have a wave of twenty to twenty five four hundred pounds men to sit on a gorilla. And then you gotta have some killers, Danny, you gotta have some real killers.
Speaker 2: In the man him occupied.
Speaker 3: You gotta go for the eyes immediately one two men at the eyes and two men at the asshole, and you just gotta start poking. You gotta go in and a shark attack. You have to. You have to just penetrate both ends.
Speaker 5: But it is like remember the chimpanzee in Stanford that like ripped that lady's face off. Yeah, like that was a chimpanzee that is like a fraction of the size. So he's definitely, yeah, he's gonna mow through.
Speaker 3: But that's one zannies, mom, that ain't that ain't a hundred.
Speaker 2: Dudes, that's well, the monkey was on xen x too.
Speaker 3: Should have you remember, you know, we're talking about inflation, Danny, Hey, Larry, Okay, So I bought two sausage mcmuffins today in a diet coke and it was twenty one dollars in the state of Connecticut. Thanks. I remember when I was in Chicago, I could get two forty ounces in a four bar for ten bucks. Yeah, I mean that's the America. I want to go back to. What's a four bar xen X two point zero mili ground the ladder your ladder, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can step up all the way or all the way down.
Speaker 3: Either way you're floating. But ten dollars you could get, you could get, you know, elevated.
Speaker 2: Forty is probably ten bucks now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I could get two forties in a four bar for ten bucks.
Speaker 2: Question, though, where was this at Chicago? Was this a rest stop?
Speaker 3: McDonald's?
Speaker 2: Was Are you pay the lux for juice there?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Why it's a truck stop? I should be getting shipped for cheat?
Speaker 2: The gas is more expensive there, the like even.
Speaker 3: The there was zero lot lizards in the entire she checked, Yeah, of course I checked it. The roommates out of town.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that she's in Berlin.
Speaker 3: She's in Berlin. Yeah, at a birthday party and I'm alone with the kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you get How was that going?
Speaker 3: It was awful. It's going very badly. Why so the eldest child has uh for some reason. She's doing violin and chorus, just singing. And they started like seven thirty in the morning. So I have to wake up at like seven am and get her ready, and I well, my phone died, Danny, So I slept through the first alarm, and the mom that the roommates scheduled to pick up was banging on the door, I guess, and nobody picked. We're all sleeping, and so I woke up to the roommate freaking the fuck out, like, is everything okay? What's going on? Amy came to pick you up? Nobody answered the door. It was bad. It was really bad. So she thought it was burning the house down. So I'm not doing well, not doing well at all. I don't like it at all. It sucks.
Speaker 2: They make it to violin.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, I don't take a day off.
Speaker 1: Let's recap bad Larry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see you're still on your mets. They went ten and five and your white Sox. Yeah, so White Sox were fourteen fourteen and two with the spread and the Mets were ten and five, so earned five units.
Speaker 4: Man, that's just seems like you guys robbing. I will send you a picture. There were at least three or four pushes on the over unders and the unders were way way more than that. It was first twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't you check with Ray before we do this show? Why don't you just check in with him and say, where did.
Speaker 4: We seeven and a half?
Speaker 1: I'm fine, all right, Chay's durastic.
Speaker 3: Wait, Golden went before mckil no, yay?
Speaker 2: Did he went to the Panthers or not?
Speaker 1: The Panthersden went to the Packers.
Speaker 3: There were two twos.
Speaker 2: I think Golden went what twenty second one?
Speaker 3: We went to the Falcon first round? Yeah maybe I Michel went on the second round at some point. No, yes, Now michl.
Speaker 1: Get fucked to the Niners.
Speaker 5: Yet to the Niners and then Golden was like twenty two or twenty three Packers.
Speaker 1: So you got to some genty and that's it. Your golf was. Your golf was terrible as well. Dylan was awesome, terrible with the draft, really good with golf, So yeah, I gotta get.
Speaker 2: Mister irrelevant was a cornerback thunk?
Speaker 1: I know, all right? That leads us to this week, bad Larry. I'll let you start.
Speaker 4: Okay, damn under the Knicks tonight at two fourteen. Okay, the Clippers getting six and a half. Yeah, then I'm gonna go my mats.
Speaker 1: See that's a weird that's that's a weird six and a half with the Clippers because the series has been really close.
Speaker 4: Hot, I think they're gonna lose the game and cover. Okay, all right, sang on the hill for the Mets, and I think the brew c whose sweeps the White Sox so Mets Brewers under the Knicks and the Clippers getting six and a half one unit each, and then I do have a fourteen for exact A box or the derby. You want to do that now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't know how we're going to score it, ray well, one unit and multiply what it pays out. I guess the exactly is going to pay a little bit of a hiss. But seven eight seventeen eighteen exact A box for one.
Speaker 1: Unit, okay?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: That's it? Yeah? I'm not doing any win bets. I haven't even haven't thought of that it yet. We're going to the track tomorrow actually and put our bets ino, Okay, mama, park anyone your you got it all?
Speaker 1: Welcome Damn they're not welcome at a dog track in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be there. We'll be there from one thirty till ten tomorrow, gambling and drinking. Shay, get a baby's sit.
Speaker 1: No, no, bring out, bring up, come bring I could bring the kids. Bring your kids to the track down.
Speaker 3: That would be a good day. Yeah, because of work. Who gives a ship?
Speaker 2: This is work.
Speaker 1: Know what you say to your wife is oh I had a chance to take them and show them some horses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love horses.
Speaker 1: Ponies, Yeah, ponies, math, class, probability, it's good odds right there, manasium. Yeah, Shay, you ready to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just looking at my I think Ray messed up with my picks again. All right? Umm, Danny, we got golf my favorite sport, most efficient one for me, sung JM. Top twenty plus one twenty.
Speaker 2: On the train, Mackenzie used.
Speaker 3: Top twenty lane one twenty five and then I got to get the hometown hero speak top ten plus two thirty. By the way, Barr Nelson is in my hometown. It is in Irving. Just so we're clear, I've been to it. Yeah, it's great. Part of Irving was very nice. I was from the other the other side of correct Cottonwood value would not let me through the gates. Baseball Angels plus one ten exciting little story on the Angels, so fun. Fun team to watch right now if you're if you're bored. Mike Trout's hurt, it doesn't matter. Their pitching staff has been a lot better than anybody predicted.
Speaker 1: Uh, it couldn't have been worse. They drafted all pitchers a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Well, no, correct, they got some actual veterans that are pitching better there than they have in the past. Red Sox Lane won ten. I got Hooke on the bump against the Communists Guardians Lane one and a half or late one oh five, I said, Guardians, you're welcome. Against the Twinkies and then the Derby Danny. I think the eight ten and eighteen. I just think you should build all of your executives and trifectors around those.
Speaker 1: And what's the name of those horses? I got it right here.
Speaker 2: Journal Journalism's eight Journalism's favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, journalism is a favorite, which everybody knows is fake news. Sovereignty is eighteen, and then the ten is the Dirk Dirka. Sovereignty is eighteen grande. Then I got the ten win play show, and I got the two to win as well, or the eighteen to win as well.
Speaker 1: My friend has a piece of Sandman. Oh really, yes, I think six to one?
Speaker 3: No ship, yeah.
Speaker 2: He got.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: Is it Adam Sandler?
Speaker 1: Nope, it's not Sandman.
Speaker 3: That's a good fucking ugh.
Speaker 1: And it's not Lars ol Rich interesting from Metallica.
Speaker 3: Got it, got all right?
Speaker 1: I just throw it out, Uh, Dylan, your turn, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Dan, I'll start with the Derby. Our our favorite horse, tit tastick to win nineteen to one, tis tiz tastic. I'm going two units on Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: It was the four horse to win at nine to one. Bob jockey, not the jockey, the horse got it.
Speaker 5: Bob Baffort's a trainer. And then owen almighty my long shot to win at forty three.
Speaker 2: To one, because why not?
Speaker 1: Okay, and then hit that yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I got a trifecta box seven eight fourteen and an exact box four eight seventeen eighteen. Okay, NBA Dan, tonight, I got the Pistons minus one and a half against the Cannicks NHL Caps to win the Stanley Cup plus eight point fifty. They just steamrolled the Habs last night, and it would be kind of fitting for a Vechkin to break Gretzky's record and then going to win the Cup in the same year.
Speaker 2: They look good though, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You're going against the Hurricanes.
Speaker 2: Who are the favorites, and then the Byron Nelson and Shay's hometown sung Jay him to win plus twenty two hundred, same number as last week at the Zurich twenty two to one. Book it. I can't lose, Okay.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's it. Have we done everything that we're contractually obligated to do here?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Dylan got any parting words? By the way, Shane Irving podcast, are you able to do your podcast with your wife out of time?
Speaker 3: I think we're going to do it tonight after the Meltona kicks in for the kids. I think Dylan might be coming over to actually participate in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeh, Chaney's a new wife for the weeks.
Speaker 3: Hold my pocket, they come, hold my pocket? Okay that Dylan drinks. Correct my kids, it's not.
Speaker 1: I'll take Are you going to sleep over?
Speaker 3: There's a guest room.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you wake your kids up. You have to wake me. I got a job.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has to be in here tomorrow for a meat Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: What's cooking?
Speaker 1: PAULI has the menu. He won the Masters tournament that we had. He gets to pick. It's the champions menu.
Speaker 2: It's embargoed until tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And Dylan is the Yeah, I forgot appetizer, first course, main.
Speaker 2: Course, dessert.
Speaker 1: Invited. If you want to come again, yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: I will come back because.
Speaker 2: I'm slowly for me, yea slowly poison shaw. Every day he shows a.
Speaker 1: Twelve oh five Eastern Eastern.
Speaker 3: Yeah you all be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve oh five, all right, bat Larry. Anything that we need to know other than you'll be at Monmouth Park tomorrow?
Speaker 4: No, No, what is Dylan dealing with this? Lottery picks? He's doing a lot of scratch off every day or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so I'm doing a scratch off every day on the Instagram story until I hit the jackpot.
Speaker 1: Did you guys, did you guys go to Vegas and get that winning ticket?
Speaker 3: No, we do that.
Speaker 5: We actually have a this was actually raised genius idea. So we're potentially we're going to be out in the California Nevada area and Tahoe, Yes, in July. So from there and then we have break the following huh, so we might just skip on over from Reno to Vegas.
Speaker 3: Easy, Yeah, easy in July. It's going to be cheap.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be cheap. It's gonna be hot as fun ship.
Speaker 3: You have to go to the titty pool at the wind Yeah, they got the europool titties out. Oh yeah. I lost so much money rolling dice there because there was tities everywhere. I wouldn't leave. I just kept losing. It didn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they figured something out.
Speaker 3: They did. There was an algorithm there.
Speaker 5: They see this guy's like he's gonna be fucking tip here all day.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it kind of actually works out perfectly.
Speaker 1: Are you able to gamble while looking out at standing?
Speaker 3: There is a literal craps table in the water, like sit there and black jack, and there are titties everywhere.
Speaker 2: Like a wet bar.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hook line and it's been.
Speaker 1: Made for me. Bad Larry. Anything you'd like to add.
Speaker 4: Not to that story?
Speaker 2: No, I'm good, Larry.
Speaker 5: You want to come to Vegas when Larry get the squad together reunion?
Speaker 4: Larry, I'm going I might be going to Vegas. And when August July July were you anything planned? She said, maybe July nineteenth when we have like five things going on. Yeah, I'm supposed to be in Nashville. Never mind. Thanks, I'm out for Vegas.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll figure maybe it might still work, Larry, We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for this week. It's Dan Patrick takes a gamble for all of our participants, Dylan and Shay, Bad Larry, Picture Day, Ray, Marvin, and yours truly. Thanks for joining us. We'll talk to you next week.