Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, streaming.
Speaker 4: Live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 5: Course at the Star in Frisco, sec dot tixo any touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's a free agency edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s WBC studios.
Speaker 2: Welcome and everybody. We've got Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us plenty to get to. Let's not waste any time. Free agency is upon us. The legal tampering period is win Patrick, it is yesterday, so let's talk about it. It feels like every time that we record this show, every time, every week, every week, right on the dot, right on the dot when we get off the air. Here literally last week we got off the air talking about Osa Diggezua. We were talking about the return from Osa, what that would look like.
Speaker 7: My gosh, that was a week ago.
Speaker 2: It was a week ago. It was within ten minutes of the end of our show. And it never ceases to fail ever. No, but it it was re signed, or it was an OSA deal that was reached. It was done. It's like the shelf life of our show. Everybody's probably listening to it on their way home from work. They're like, these idiots don't know what they're talking about. They didn't know Osa already resigned. No, we didn't at the time, but he did get it done and he's back now. Since it was a week ago, there's been a couple other things that have just created starting yesterday, all right, And to.
Speaker 8: Be fair to us, we just, like you said, we joked about it after the show. OSA hadn't officially signed it. They agreed while we were talking, and then he signed because I was standing right there making sure he put that pen to paper so there's not a cheese.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was like in the room, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, Let's make sure that's high priority stuff. I had to make sure. I had to put eyes on it.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 8: So, like you said, Kyle, a few things have taking place, So let's just run down the list and then we'll make it a free for all, let's put all the opinions out there.
Speaker 9: Because we got opinions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we did.
Speaker 8: Hold cal I was letting them fly before we went hot. I was like, hold on, save this, save it for THEA, for the show, all right. So I got three categories, stay, get A, stay, got, and go Okay stay. Ohso Diggi Zua signs a contract extension the highest priority in house free agent, four years, eighty million dollar maximum of value, fifty two million dollars in guaranteed money.
Speaker 9: He was here to stay.
Speaker 8: Marquise Bell, They're going to forego that tender on him as a restricted free agent three years at twelve million dollars max, so averaging four year, four four million per year for those three years. Markuith Bell, he's still recovering from that shoulder injury, but key special teams player and obviously has some potential as a starter at safety. Trent C long Snapper three years at four point four to five million dollars hefty coin four long snapper tells you how good Trent Seg has been since he joined the Cowboys two three seasons ago.
Speaker 7: Does it also indicate maybe the punter situation sticking around? Possibly?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going to tell you right now, they're going to try to keep Anger around. And I don't see a situation wherein obviously anything's possible, but it feels like that's a forgone conclusion that that marriage will continue. You can't break up the band at this point, especially when you got Brandon Aubrey but Banger, yeah, butter Banger.
Speaker 7: And the American Snapper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because Aubrey has been banging the table to keep that unit together.
Speaker 2: I saw it yesterday at some point. Uh, Brandon Laurie on on Twitter, who does a good job of covering some cowboys stuff and he's one of the content creators out there. He's dude.
Speaker 3: He uh.
Speaker 2: He put out a tweet and he was like, yeah, nice. He's like the the second best social media presence outside of Josh. Butler's back on the team next year. And everybody was like liking it and they were having fun with it. But Trent, Trent sick. He replied to it and he goes, what does Josh have on me? It's like four million followers on TikTok or whatever he has. I don't think he has four million, but he has a couple mill I think on TikTok he's baiting his dogs. He's got a great story on the background. We've talked about it before on this show, but Trent was like, what's he got on me? Yeah, it's good to have those guys.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and what's crazy?
Speaker 8: Not crazy, but what what's admirable also is when you talk about a Cowboys organization that moved on from l p LA de sur I love saying.
Speaker 9: Of the legendary long snapper.
Speaker 8: Obviously a lot of Cowboys fans were like, what are you doing? Especially how that all went down. Trent c comes in and just effortlessly picks it up and runs with it.
Speaker 2: And the other part about it, too, is without John Fossil. Yeah, you had some question marks when John Fossil took the job of Tennessee this offseason. You said, Okay, is this the end of what has been a golden era of special teams for the Cowboys? Not necessarily. You've got Brandon of course for a little bit of time. Brandon Aubrey's back next year. Now you get Trent said you're planning on resigning Anger. He signed j Goode j W.
Speaker 9: The next to them.
Speaker 8: Listen if he good Win is back on another one year deal at veteran minimum. CJ is is chugging along and we love it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so he did a silently great year, which is kind of what you expected.
Speaker 9: Us. Spoke with CJ.
Speaker 8: Goodwin throughout the process, spoke with him after he agreed to terms and again after he signed the deal, and he's he glows like a twenty three year old man, Like he's excited right now in his early thirties as he was at twenty three. So you'd love to see that. Now, let's talk about the exclusive rights for the agents. Brock Hoffman one Ya, Thomas, Tyrus Wheat all locked out, all locked in, lock him up, lock him up, all good stuff, all on minimum deal, so to be around one point old one So let's just say roughly one million dollars per for each of them. But brought Kaufman, which is either your potential starter at center or your potential starter at right guard. He is still in the building one year Thomas. We already know what he can do for special teams. We know what he can do for the defensive standpoint, much like Marquise Bell. He has potential to be a future starter at the safety position.
Speaker 7: We know what he can do in the preseason, which is almost get me fired and kicked out of the press box.
Speaker 9: What is that stories I.
Speaker 7: Yelled during one day Thomas' first interception in the preseason.
Speaker 9: Then you know you can't have outbursts and you can't. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah. I got the eyes from Derek at one point.
Speaker 9: Yes, they came, Oh yeah was that in so fire?
Speaker 2: Was that here?
Speaker 7: That was here?
Speaker 2: It was here, it was here?
Speaker 7: And I got the glaring eyes from Derek and I was like, oh, I'm messed up.
Speaker 8: The hollow hook like you're going to see it come out of Yeah, tyres week key special teamer as well. Talk about keeping special teams together and a nice defensive, rotational guy on a break glass in case of emergency type deal. Now let's talk about the who we lost, because I want to end on a good note. Yeah, well we lost toy Doga. Here, lost Toy Doga to the Jacksonville jag Wars good luck two years at seven million dollars, and now it goes from there.
Speaker 9: We lost Chauncey Ghoston. It's a step up.
Speaker 8: It is a step up to the Giants. He's going to Big Blue Boys. Something about the NFC East teams, you know, picking the part the Cowboys, keeping.
Speaker 7: A close eye. I thought we were the worst team in the in the divide works.
Speaker 2: I mean we're not We're.
Speaker 9: Not funny how that works. Everybody wants your talent, But.
Speaker 7: If it was left of the public opinion, we would. That's true.
Speaker 8: Supposedly you suck, but your your rivals want all your talent. Chauncey Ghoston to Big Blue three years at nineteen and a half.
Speaker 2: Chauncey's gonna have a good career.
Speaker 8: Well, I think they're going to full time him at defensive end and.
Speaker 2: They're going to push him back to end, which was not as normal position. He was a third round pick at as an edge out of Iowa. They tried to pigeonhole him a little bit. I was the one that wrote the story on how they moved it to defensive tackle and it just didn't work the way that they anticipated.
Speaker 10: What was his contract twenty nineteen and a half, so yeah, roughly twenty They tried to hyron Crawford him too much less over two years or three three three a nineteen and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably would have hit that number. I would have done that to keep him around just as a rotational guy.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, it's tough. I'll put an asterisk go on that because I'll say this to that. What if they were willing to match that number or come close to it. But from a Chauncey ghost and standpoint, he was like, how are you going to play me? Yeah, if you're going to keep me with the rotation Hiroon Crawford thing, then I'm out because I can get this money somewhere else as a full time.
Speaker 2: Defense b and ed Rusher.
Speaker 8: Right, So I get the get I get that. That's sure that that conversation.
Speaker 2: I think it's a better fit. Their defensive front is not nearly as as deep. Even with all the problems and holes that we're talking about. They don't have a Michael Parsons. They didn't have a DeMarcus Lawrence, they don't have Sam Williams. They don't have a couple of these other guys that were waiting to get healthy along the way, Marshawn Neeland being another one.
Speaker 7: But you put him next to Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're they're gonna let him eat. He'll be good there for a.
Speaker 9: Little good yea. And now the biggest loss.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys for listen. Imprest it.
Speaker 9: George Leaves to the Jacksonville jack Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three years I paid nickel in the NFL history. It's for the span of like seven hours.
Speaker 8: And you know, I love that. For Jordan, I cannot stress it. Of course, this is something that he had, he deserves.
Speaker 9: He came in. Look at his journey. He came in.
Speaker 8: He was pegged as undersized by you know, Christopher Shard and Rob Marynelli at the time, and all he did was just grind through it and just pushed through it, and he ended up becoming a starter, and he became the resident Ballhawk before Trevon Diggs and de Ron Blank came into the picture. He's always been that culture guy. He's always been that dog. Talk about the rookie training cap him versus Deaz Bryant. You knew then, you knew then that that, uh, that Jordan Lewis is going to be a problem. He's yapping at peak Das Bryant, yep as a rookie Desmond, I'll.
Speaker 9: Never forget the desmin the DEAs Man.
Speaker 8: So Jordan Lewis, he leaves and he gets his bag rightfully, so it creates a massive void at the cornerback position. We'll get into that here shortly. As far as the gets, who do we get? Javonte Thomas from the Broncos, running back, young, twenty five, twenty six year old guy, one year deal at three and a half million dollars.
Speaker 9: Thomas, I think we're Williams.
Speaker 2: Think you combine two of our signings in one. Name was Davonte Williams driving all night?
Speaker 9: Five, driving all night?
Speaker 2: All right, Javonte Williams, you were driving all night?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I drove in from North Carolina one year at three and a half million dollars. And we'll talk about what all of this means respectively. We're just going down the list right now. Robert Jones, offensive lineman from the Dolphins, one year, four point seventy five million dollars. Solomon Thomas defensive lineman, most recently played for the Jets under Aaron Whitecotton, who is now the defensive line coach for the Dallas Cowboys. Solomon Thomas also x first round pick of the San Francisco forty nine ers. I was very high on Thomas coming entering that draft that year. Two years at eight million dollars for Solomon Thomas, get him tagged up with OsO Diggi Zua.
Speaker 9: They play similar roles. We'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 8: So as far as who was acquired right now, biggest name is going to be Solomon Thomas, and I approve of that greatly. So that's who has chosen to stay. That's who we've lost and who that's who is incoming. And now I opened the door.
Speaker 2: The table for the conversation.
Speaker 9: Conversation.
Speaker 2: I think we got to start with the biggest name, and the most recent one is Solomon Thomas.
Speaker 7: Confirmed a mere twenty minutes ago before we started this.
Speaker 2: So luckily a look, we got it beforehand. We might have another name by the end of the show. We see, we'll see what ends up happening. Of course, Thomas out of college was just straight up a dude, went to San Francisco, never really hit the ground running with San Francisco, was shipped off to Las Vegas, and then ended up with the Jets the last three seasons. Last year finished with twenty two total pressures on two hundred and sixty two pass rushing snaps, had seventeen tackles, four sacks, and Remember this is a defensive tackle, not an edge rusher, still kind of an athletic three tech former top five pick. I think when you're looking at Solomon Thomas, everybody's going to look at the name. And I've seen the Twitter's fear. I've seen the comments sections and everybody looking at this and saying, why aren't we going and getting this guy or that guy or another guy. Not every signing can be a fifteen million dollars name. Solomon Thomas is as close to a good rotational depth piece that has some upside talent and as a veteran in this league at six foot two, two hundred and fifty five pounds, that you can rely on to kind of mix and match with Osadigi Zuez.
Speaker 7: Patrick mentioned a moment again, and you have some familiarity there too with Aaron White Cotton, who's our defensive line coach now, who obviously played under him last year with the New York Jets. Well of the last two years. I'm a little concerned just looking Pro football focus wise, I haven't watched a lot of tape on Solomon Thomas, but the overall run defensive grade now that's been obviously our Achilles heel on defense for the last few years decades, it feels like. But Patrus Grady gets a sixty one point two, which is above average. I'm liking as far as what you're saying, he looks the part. Dude looks massive.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: The fact that he's also from Coppell, which that's intriguing too. Welcome home, right, But I'm a little concerned as far as run defense wise, But for the price that you're getting, I completely understand it, and I like the signing here. And you can no longer say the Cowboys are not doing anything in free agency this year compared to last year. Come on, guys, what are we talking about.
Speaker 8: I think when you talk about the fit of Solomon Thomas, you make a great point. There is a question mark around his run defense. However, look at him as as an OSA back up. Okay, so, because we all know Olso didn't like the defensive lineman, they're not going to play one hundred percent of the snaps. What you're trying to prevent is a massive fall off from when OSA leaves the game for Rest or whatever the sub package might be. If you put a guy like Solomon Thomas in there, then you know that, although it might not be the exact same level of what OSA will give you, you know that you're going to get a guy who can penetrate the backfield.
Speaker 2: Just like he's Chouncey Golston's replacement.
Speaker 8: He's a replacement for Chauncey Ghoston. But I would argue that he's a step up. He's an upgrade. I believe he's an upgrade over Cho today. And now I don't know if I could say I believe the Jets version of Solomon Thomas with Aaron Whitecotton is an upgrade over Chauncey Ghoston. I believe the San Francisco forty nine ers version of him would not necessarily be viewed that way.
Speaker 9: I like what Aaron white Cotton was able to do.
Speaker 2: He has ten sacks over the last two years.
Speaker 8: There you go five sacks twenty three three and a half sacks in twenty twenty, so he can get after the quarterback. Twelve quarterback hits collectively over the last two seasons, so he can get back there. He's also going to be available for you sixteen games available last season seven.
Speaker 2: I can I stop you just for a one second, because I'm looking at this comment section. We're not hyping up Solomon Thomas. That's not the point they're starting though. Why are we spending money on these backup players. You got to build a roster, and he's the biggest name so far because he's a former top five pick. That's what we're talking about here. So I'm looking at the comment section. He says he's a bench player. Yes, rotational defensive tackle. They signed him for money. Yes, Oh okay, they signed him for money that is equal to what a rotational defensive tackle should make in the National Football League. We're not saying that he's going to be an incredible player and that he's a game changer and whatever it may be. They haven't made that signing yet. Let's make that be completely clear here. Out of the names that we just read off and the guys that they're bringing back, Osu Digizu is the biggest impact player that they've retained. But as I'm looking at this comment section, I'm not saying that Solomon Thomas is the difference maker of the NFL and the difference maker for how the Cowboys are gonna win the NFC East and make a run to the n NFC title game for the first time since nineteen ninety six. Stop it. They got to put players on the roster. You gotta build a roster here, guys playing in simple Listen, that's how.
Speaker 7: Fun Frendon says. Bodies, bodies, bodies.
Speaker 8: We need bodies, bodies, bodies because at a certain point, yes, yes, we all agree we would like the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: They haven't made the splash sight and we wore the splash we want.
Speaker 8: That's however, playing in some still also have to build your bench.
Speaker 9: Okay, you have to build your bench.
Speaker 8: So yes, we can talk about how greatly we approve of the Solomon Thomas signing as a backup. So stop stop the corny almost.
Speaker 7: Was Dante Fowler was he was? He kind of a rotation He was a rotation guy. Oh yeah, all right, and he kind of likes all right.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you look at twenty twenty four, for example, you're ravaged by injuries, right, and you keep going deeper and deeper into the depth toy you any talented guys. And like I said, when you look at what Solomon Thomas brings to the table, they're not trying to make him a starter. Ideally, they want him to be rotational behind oh, so Diggizu and then in certain packages maybe they'll play side by side, depending if it's like third and long or something like that.
Speaker 2: But he's more than capable.
Speaker 8: He's proven it, and he's reuniting with the guy in whitecotton who's gotten the most out of him thus far in his career with the New York Jets. This is a really good pickup for the Cowboys. We're not saying he's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 9: Relax.
Speaker 8: It's okay to hear that we like something without taking it and running all the way down.
Speaker 9: The street with oh, they're trying to put a gold jacket on it.
Speaker 8: We want to see more action too, So just calm down, just relax.
Speaker 2: And that's my point is, you're right. The track record hasn't been there. And we've talked about this on this show multiple times before, and we're not going to back up the fact that if Solomon Thomas is the biggest name that you're signing this offseason, then that's a failure playing and simple. That's a failure of an off season. But right now, in the moment, when we're literally on day two, we haven't even been forty eight hours into this thing of the legal tampering period. Then we're able to talk about it and say, hey, that's a decent signing. That's something that it's good for the value, and it's good for your defense. It's not everything is the beginning or the end of something special and not the playing and simple point.
Speaker 7: Free agency is this weird microcosm of and I think Nick Harris put it really well yesterday front of the Show Nick Harris, he said, and this is something that I always think of when it comes to free agency. But it's like that day one, you're often paying top tier money for second tier players. Yeah, that's the name of the game. The Cowboys have not spent over six million dollars on a free agent since Greg Hardy. So my thing is here, what are the Cowboys doing strategically this year compared to last year.
Speaker 9: Let me put it this way, and I'll qualify it.
Speaker 7: It's night and day.
Speaker 9: To Cole's point, we.
Speaker 8: Are sitting here and we're talking about how much we really love the Solomon Tomma pick for what it is.
Speaker 7: For what it is, for what it is what it is, but we.
Speaker 8: Don't and I'm going to speak for these guys, and I know they're going to agree. We don't have the same energy about a Javonte Williams and a Robert Jones, two guys on a one year deal who will have to fight their way through training camp to maintain a roster spot. We're not sitting here saying Javonte Williams is going to preclude you from taking Ashton Gent if he's available as well, or from getting happy.
Speaker 2: He's a body of Carolina and he's twenty four years old, right. I like the youth. I like the like the youth.
Speaker 8: There's some things to light there, but we're not going to speak of him in the same way we're speaking about Solent Solent Thomas. So qualify each thing that we're saying and each thing that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: People just want to listen, and they just want to complain, and they just want to get it.
Speaker 7: But like what Chris Hare says, don't waste our time arguing with Chad. Let's let's supplement it with with some chat.
Speaker 9: Let's say what to Javonta Williams.
Speaker 8: Again, I don't think I know for a fact it doesn't preclude them from using a premium pick and running back. But I do get the feeling that that's signing precludes them from keep being reco.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I agree, and I want to hit that on the other side of the break. I want to hit that on the other side of the break. I don't know if I agree there, because I like the upside of Javonte Williams, but I don't think Rico Daddle's out of the question yet. Right after that, more talking cowboys after the break.
Speaker 11: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 12: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 3: Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See atd dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion. That's the heart of Cowboys Nation, and if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 7: Buy your Quaker Oats using the Quaker code in the left hand corner.
Speaker 2: Baby, let's go Oats.
Speaker 7: From the Internet. So sick as God intended.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're with us.
Speaker 9: It is how God intended.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right here on Talking Cowboys. Glad you're with us. Free agency addition, I know the tensions are high right now, but let me just remind you. Last year there was a statement that kind of rung amongst Cowboys Nation because people believed Jerry Jones and what he was saying at the time, and that statement was all in. They believed it right.
Speaker 7: What happened? Were they all in last year?
Speaker 9: All out?
Speaker 2: They were not? So why are people believing it? Whenever he goes up and speaks to the media on Wednesday and he says, yeah, we're not really.
Speaker 7: Looking at free agents.
Speaker 2: Why do you believe it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Why do you believe that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: They're selectively aggressive with they believe.
Speaker 2: It's gamesmanship and if they aren't aggressive there, I mean, that's part of it. I mean, that's just kind of been their track record, and we're talking about it. But I'm at least gonna sit here and watch this thing unfold as opposed to assume.
Speaker 9: What's going to happen.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're talking about what is playing out currently.
Speaker 9: Everyone who will head it.
Speaker 8: From you on Twitter knows that's my main thing. Let it play out. Stop with the knee jerks and just let it play out and then assess it in hindsight and say this is what should have been done.
Speaker 9: But you don't know what's going to be done.
Speaker 2: Or not It's like people that give grades after the draft is over and they're like, yeah, the Jacksonville Jaguars are going to win the Super Bowl because they had all these great names that fell to them in the draft. And then where is Jacksonville again?
Speaker 9: This just happens.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And this is the same Jerry Jones who said that a couple of weeks ago at the NFL Combine, he said that we're not the combat.
Speaker 9: He didn't speak at the combin but shortly.
Speaker 7: After the come famously didn't speak at the combat.
Speaker 8: Shortly after the combine, he said that the Cowboys weren't looking to use free agency to Phil Holes, Salomon Thomas feels one.
Speaker 9: So you know, and and so it might go from there.
Speaker 8: My point being is Kyle's point, just let it play out and see what happens, and stop always biting the carrot that Jerry intentionally puts out there for you to bite.
Speaker 7: The sound bites are sound bites for that exactly.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 2: The other thing that lines and that hasn't been talked about enough, is this is a really mid.
Speaker 7: Free agent class. Yeah, it's not great.
Speaker 2: This is not a great free agent class. You don't have the names like Saquon Barkley and Derrick Henry at the top and some of those other names like they had last year.
Speaker 7: This is a mid free agent.
Speaker 9: Now, I will say this.
Speaker 8: I will counter that by saying it was a mid free agent class until teams started to release premium names ahead of Legal Tampa. You're talking about now, I wanted a guy like Jonathan Allen for example. Example Hardgrave was out there and.
Speaker 7: They both go to the Vikings.
Speaker 9: They did Vikings, put in some work.
Speaker 8: Drake Greenlaw, he was a nick that the Cowboys were interested in connection to Nick Sorenson. There, I said, keep an eye on Drake Greenlaw. Cowboys did have interest, they reached out. They lost that battle.
Speaker 7: My heart fluttered a little bit without right.
Speaker 8: So say there there were there was an influx of big names that were released prior to legal tampering. And though that list of big names that wasn't mid. You're right, that was not mid.
Speaker 2: But the original free original was like yeah, but I mean right now, according.
Speaker 7: To Broncos by the way, Craig green Lock.
Speaker 2: Got it, Greg Rosenthal's like top one hundred and one free agents that we read through last week on the show, the best available name right now is Amari Cooper.
Speaker 9: So now we're back to mid.
Speaker 2: It's med.
Speaker 9: Now we're back to mid.
Speaker 8: So Cowboys, I will say, and I agree with Cowboys fans here, they did have their shot. You had your chance to take Jonathan Allen, Hardgrave, Dre Greenlaw, which was high on my list, some of these other names.
Speaker 9: Charge Charvarius Ward. Now you former caight if you wanted to pay that money or not.
Speaker 11: We talked about that last week, right, But he got a bag though, he did get it.
Speaker 2: What did he get? What a Charter Ward don't have. I'll look at it, I'll get it.
Speaker 9: All it was a It was a whole bag. Proud of Tarvaria's.
Speaker 8: But so yeah, for the names that were influxing, and there's there's another name that's going to expected to come free here soon if reports are true, and say, if reports are true, to cover ourselves from tamprein rupee. If reports are true, and if the Los Angeles Rams opt to release Cooper Cup, that's another premium name that will hit the market. And guess what, the Cowboys still need a wide receiver too, So put in the call. Kick some tires on Cooper Cup.
Speaker 7: You don't have three first round picks. You just have one.
Speaker 8: Now, and that would be a perfect example of if you go and get a guy like Cooper Cup now it really frees you up to do to do whatever you want for that.
Speaker 7: That sounds like filling holes.
Speaker 9: No, see, hey do it.
Speaker 2: Thirty five million, twenty million guaranteed over three years for Ward. That is a bag.
Speaker 9: That's a whole bit.
Speaker 7: I don't think they would have been able to do that or wanted to do.
Speaker 8: That for know why that's frustrated? Yeah, because he was in the building.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: I thought about this and I wrote this in an article in one of the Open Market series Butterfly Effect, because you have to wonder, because I think scientifically you have to wonder if you keep tur Varius Ward. You know, is Deron Bland here No exactly, so you have to wonder he can choose. But he was here, and that Parker guy, you know of where is he now? So nonetheless, there's still some names are going to come up right now because the premium names are all going. I'm with Kyle now he gets back to it being a mid free agency, which then now you're trying to feel what you can feel before you get to the NFL Draft. But again, if that Cooper Cup guy comes free, absolutely go hard at that.
Speaker 9: In my opinion.
Speaker 2: Uh, going back to our conversation in the first segment when we were talking about running back and Williams.
Speaker 8: I disagree he's had some health issues, but Cup sucks.
Speaker 7: Watch watch some films, guys.
Speaker 2: Uh, the the Javante Williams Ricodowdell conversation. I don't think Javonte Williams his signing.
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 2: It'll discourage ric o'dowdell from coming back now. I don't think rico' dawell will come back for outside reasons, because there are a number of reasons why he wants to test the market. His value has never been this high, especially at a time where he's been a free agent totally. He established himself as a legitimate NFL running back this past year, going for one thousand yards. There's some question marks though from the league, question marks on if he wants to be in a one to two punch in a loaded backfield. There's nobody lining up to go grab Rico Dowdell as their feature back right now, especially when he only had the two touchdowns last year and he had some red zone, fumbling issues, and a couple of things like that. I'm looking at Rico Dowdell as a maybe, but I really I would put it more so on the side of he's gonna get some money and he's going to go somewhere, kind of like what Javonte Williams did from Denver, same kind of thing. Williams had been with Denver for a good amount of time. Denver probably would have brought him back on less than three point five million. It's three million with three point five is incentives, is what Dallas signed him to this year. Denver would have probably tried to bring him back on less than that, but he's going to try it somewhere else. Dallas needs a guy to fill some roles, and now you've got somebody other than Deuce Vaughan in your backfield that can tote the rock rock and have some production.
Speaker 7: For sure, at least with Rico. If it is a situational thing, and I don't know, I'm just speculating. If it is a situational thing where he wants to be the lead back, I don't know that there is an NFL team that is willing to give him that. I don't know that he's built that over the second half of last season to say I'm the lead guy. This is it. Yeah, I think his best bet is going to be a one to two punch to me. I mean, that's less hits that he has to take. That's more opportunities for him to have spurts where he goes out there and does things. But I don't know, man, Maybe the writing is on the wall here. You probably expect the Cowboys to draft a really young, obviously rookie in the NFL Draft. So I don't know. I don't know that the writing's on the wall here for him necessarily, but I think getting Javonte Williams says to him most likely the leverage isn't necessarily on his side anymore. We don't need a Rico. It would be nice to have him in the rotation, absolutely, but on the wall, baby.
Speaker 8: I think the timing of signing Javonte Williams is telling when you look at, you know, the Cowboys last year and the year prior, the way they attacked the running back position at free agency was they kind of waited, right, They waited until after the draft, saw where all the chips failed. Then they saw who was still available, and then they kind of played it from there as far as throwing bodies at the position.
Speaker 9: Okay, the fact that.
Speaker 8: Instead of signing Rico up front and what is still the first wave of free agency, as we have this conversation, you throw a one year, three and a half million dollar deal at a younger Javonte Williams. It makes me wonder because what does that mean. Does that mean that you didn't think Javonte Williams would be available later on at one year, three and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: It feels like he might have probably would have.
Speaker 8: So if you're willing to do that, let's round up to four million dollars for easy math. If you're willing to throw forward him, and let's say you were to bring back Rico, and Rico's projective value is six.
Speaker 9: That's ten.
Speaker 8: I think now that takes you out of premium pick for a running back. But I don't think you are comfortable doing that if you're the Cowboys. I think you're really trying to find the future at the position. So and I just I don't when for those that are saying, okay, well, because you brought up a good name, Ronald Jones yeah, Ronald Jones wasn't signing the first wave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Royce Freeman. Ron Jones signed in the first wave.
Speaker 8: So I think that when you look at the one year, three and a half million, you're thinking, okay, well, maybe that keeps Rico in the conversation. Maybe it does, but something keeps telling me the timing of it, like why sign Javonte right now? Unless you're looking at Rico saying, hey, you know this is our plan.
Speaker 7: And but on your on your point of premium pick being a running back, I don't know that that's the case anymore, especially after yesterday when you're now looking for healthy cornerback.
Speaker 9: But define premium pick.
Speaker 7: Premium pick in the first or second round for me.
Speaker 9: Fair So if you, let's say you don't get it, there's depth there.
Speaker 8: Obviously, don't get an Ashton Gent Yeah, in like the first round, but depending on how the chips fall, hypothetically speaking, you get Chael Mario on Hampton second round. Okay, still a premium pick, that's aah and in a damn good pick in the second round.
Speaker 7: We're going with all North Carolina running back.
Speaker 9: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 8: I know Jesse Holly would just be thrillered, right, But I say that the type of situation I feel would be more conducive. And this is we we love what Rico brought to the table. We're big Rico for Rico, We're big Rico fans here. But if you look at the plan going forward, uh, and then you look at it from a Rico standpoint, his entire career has been playing behind guys Zeke and Tony for several years, and then when he got healthy, he then had to he was forced into the by committee approach, clearly fromrustrated by that he finally breaks free of that he gets his one thousand yards, first undrafted player in Cowboys history to do so, this might be as much leverage on the open market as he ever sees. So make a good point, Josh, I'm hard pressed to figure out which team would you know pay.
Speaker 9: Him what his asking price is.
Speaker 8: I feel like the Rico deal will be it here or somewhere else lands later this week, in like the second wave of free agents.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I don't know who it is here. Zach Palmer says Rico and his agent may have overplayed their hand.
Speaker 8: Maybe very but also I can't blame him for testing the market either because no curse the first time he's ever had a chance to test.
Speaker 9: Exactly, especially with this type of value.
Speaker 7: So and to Coylle's point, there is enough film on it now to warrant that.
Speaker 9: For sure, So maybe he did overplay his inn.
Speaker 2: Now there there is a running back still available that's kind of a top name, JK Dobbins, who was an NFL Comeback Player of the Year final. Would you still be interested in bringing in another free agent name at running back because I know in the past they really don't like spending more than eight or nine million in the backfield.
Speaker 8: That's why I put that's in outther because they're not comfortable.
Speaker 2: With it exactly. So JK could be a guy. He's only twenty six. He's somebody that you could possibly bring in. Had a great year last year, kind of in a rebound from an achilles tab So twenty six year olds with some medical red flags in the past, but coming off of a great season could be something to look at. I don't know if I'm If you're going and signing JK Dobbins, then I think you're taking running back off of the board for Ashtan genty first off, and second off, maybe even in the second round of the NFL Draft, because then you're gonna address some of your other positions.
Speaker 9: I would still I'm in on JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 8: As I said last week when we were breaking down the open market series, I'm in on JK. Dobbins projected Viaspo Trek is four million dollars give or take four plus that three and a half, seven and a half. That doesn't take me out of the running for a premium pick, because what it does is it guarantees you because you still need to make sure.
Speaker 9: JK.
Speaker 8: Dobbins is back to JK. Dobbins that injury. See what the upside is it might take it might and I stress might, it might take me out of running.
Speaker 9: For why, First.
Speaker 2: Why do I hate like atch working our running back position?
Speaker 9: Well, this is why.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 7: Because we've done it, we've been doing why.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm saying it when we're talking about this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: It shouldn't take you out the running.
Speaker 3: Then then I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to. I would rather just go grab a guy. I would rather go get one of these topics. I'm still watching the film running.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Your insurance is Javonte will Okay, So.
Speaker 8: Here's a scenario that Fonte Williams, JK Dobbins fuse like Goku and vegeta a seven million dollars dedicated to those two guys, and then you see how the draft falls. If it falls to a point where let's say you walk away with gent or hamped on it, any one of these other.
Speaker 2: Then I'm cutting one of those.
Speaker 9: You look at.
Speaker 8: Javonte Williams or JK Dobbins through you let them go through mini camp. Yeah, see who is impressing and as you approach training camp you make that decision. Then, But what I'm saying is, don't box yourself out. Don't don't go and get JK Dobbins to add to in the scenario, get JK Dobbins to add to Javontio Williams and say, oh, we're good, we're good, and we're not having to spend a premium pick on running back.
Speaker 9: No you're not. No, you're not.
Speaker 7: If we don't pick up a cornerback here in free agency, are you guys sort.
Speaker 8: Of pimped now in the top twelve? Yeah, yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're right because now you don't have Jordan Lewis right, you have three healthy cornerbacks on the roster currently, You've got three healthy guys, and we saw what the health and how quickly that can fade very fast in the off season or in the middle of the season as well. I'm not gonna lie to you, guys, I'm concerned about Trayvon.
Speaker 7: Diggs long term.
Speaker 9: Okay, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned about his injury.
Speaker 7: Long term, and that's sort of been the writing on the wall for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think Trey, I mean, when he is healthy, he's still a great player and he's an impact guy. Doroan, I'm not necessarily super worried about. I think that was just kind of a freak gear and he just reaggravated it and then went back out there and was fine.
Speaker 7: But we were never told that, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thought process with moving forward at Corner and saying, yeah, we're good because we've got all pros on both sides and now you don't have a nickel that you can really count on.
Speaker 7: The heart of your event.
Speaker 2: I think Corner right now has skyrocketed towards the top of my list.
Speaker 9: Which is what DT would have done if you didn't.
Speaker 2: Get if you didn't get, oh so easy.
Speaker 9: You're right, that's the situation at cornerback.
Speaker 2: And they could still add a DT and I'd be fine if, like if the hard Grave thing would have worked out.
Speaker 7: Fine, But where are you at, Jonathan Allen? Where are you at cornerback? And are there enough free agents currently that you would take a look at and not be as concerned in the first round in picking a cornerback.
Speaker 9: No, not, as we have this conversation.
Speaker 2: No Stefan Gilmour, Christian Fulton or some of the names Sante Samuel Junior out will I would think about that. Would he's only would he's only twenty five? I would look at would uh Fulton? I mean Fulton was decent, he had some good times and some bad times. And then you could bring back a thirty five year old step On Gilmour.
Speaker 9: Which still doesn't take you out of the draft.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, I don't think any of those guys would take it.
Speaker 8: And then when you look inside the building, now you look at Okay, Trevon Diggs is likely going to miss some time to start the season. And now you and rightfully said I will, I will agree that I need to see him back on the field and in prime form for an extended period of time before I can say well this this neat thing. So with that being said, you lose him for some period of time in twenty twenty five, you lose Jordan Lewis completely. Let's say Deron Blam remains healthy, Okay, great. Kailyn Carson he had very up and down, more down than uppy season and he had the season ending shoulder injury.
Speaker 2: He never had a chance to create any momentum, no work his way back.
Speaker 8: Josh Butler suffered twenty acl late in the season. Is he going to be ready to start the season, And even if he is ready, will he pick up right where he left off and be that kind of unsuspecting breakout?
Speaker 7: He was building to something, but he wasn't quite there yet.
Speaker 8: Also, Israel Mukuamu. Is he He's still a free agent right now, He's not in too a deal.
Speaker 9: So is he returning? Is he not returning? Because he is?
Speaker 11: He?
Speaker 9: Is he not? Mm air five bang.
Speaker 8: If Mukuamou does return, then at least you know you have a more than solid rotational guy who can maybe pick up some duties as like Big Nickel, Big slot. He did that against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tom Brady the great success and that then why do.
Speaker 2: I hate this too?
Speaker 8: But I say all of that to say. Nothing I'm saying is to make you feel comfortable. Even if you bring Izzy back, he's not giving you Jordan Lewis numbers. Even if Kayln Carson gets back and hits the ground running, still a rookie, still has a curve to go. He's not going to give you Jordan Lewis up front, Josh Butler, He's not going to give you Jordan Lewis up front.
Speaker 9: You gotta address the issue.
Speaker 8: You have a boundary issue with Trevon Diggs's injury, and you got a nickel issue, and you in house, you don't have anybody to fill it. And as far as outside the building right now, with names that Charles Various going and Byron Murphy going, so forth and so on, you're kind of in dire streets.
Speaker 7: And it's not like Deron is a shutdown either, like he's a ball hawk for sure, But there were concerns for me, as far as.
Speaker 9: I do think to answer some of the questions.
Speaker 7: In most of the Tampa game, it wasn't.
Speaker 9: The case before now, but it is now.
Speaker 8: I think now you have to entertain cornerback in the first round.
Speaker 2: I think right now, as we.
Speaker 8: Say, as we sit and have this conversation March eleventh, another week before we take youre of our.
Speaker 2: Lord twenty twenty five, as we sit in this very moment, I think if I had to place a bet on where the Cowboys would go in the first round had picked number twelve, I think it would be corner And the only thing that trails impossibility too is trading down.
Speaker 7: So who the fans need to look out for now? Cornerback wise?
Speaker 2: Will Johnson is the first name that kind of comes to mind around there, free agent.
Speaker 8: Which would then take you out of the first round for a quarter, right, I mean maybe if you give me a Santi Samuel Jo and your I would be comfortable for going.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for I'm looking for a nickel or a boundary guy, because like I said, I'm a little I'm a little concerned. But the the yeah.
Speaker 7: Takes you out of that best player available pick that we've been talking about for months.
Speaker 2: Will Johnson's up there, Jade barn from Texas is up there. Let me pull up my draft sheets. The Draft show isn't for another twenty minutes. Umm, we need a break too, Yeah, let's take a break. When we come back, we're gonna kind of wrap things up here on the free agency side of things, maybe talk about some of the rumors that are out there too that the Cowboys could be interested in. And remember, it's all gonna change by the time we're back on the air in like twelve minutes anyways, so we'll be back with more.
Speaker 12: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has eight and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast reliable.
Speaker 4: Secure five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas.
Speaker 3: See att dot com Slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 4: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 2: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America Mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Elish language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by in visi Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys with Patrick Nosey, Walker, Josh Rodrigaz, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomen special thanks to all those that have been interacting on the the Twitter side of things and then also on the YouTube comments section. Remember we are live on YouTube. Subscribe set the notification so that way every time we go live, you get the the update and you can followed along do the same thing on the Twitter. The X, I guess is what it should be.
Speaker 7: We're all civilized conversation happen in the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super super Yeah, everybody's.
Speaker 7: All civilized conversations are in YouTube.
Speaker 2: Cowboys fans and shambles and players on this team, and it's it's a heated discussion. It's just yeah, yeah, like but it's all looks. It's respectful, stay respectful, or else we'll kick you out.
Speaker 7: Trade Micah at this point wasting his name career?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 2: This needs to be a segment is just read the comments. Yeah, it would be like me tweets, but it's just like like, let's read the over the top comments. That doesn't encourage you. Please do not go over the top in the comments. I'm a can at you Melvin? Melvin Melvin significantly over the top every time he gets.
Speaker 9: In there is the consummate attention seecert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's let's talk about some guys that deserve some attention down the line. What are some of the rumors that are floating around out there in terms of free agent names or anybody out there, uh that you would be interested in. You kind of hit one earlier with that guy that plays out in the West Coast. Yeah, I mean, as it's staying coffee something spok coffee.
Speaker 8: Since this is such a fluid situation as far as rumors and speculation, and then teams, I mean, guys landing, It's it's difficult to pinpoint as we have this conversation because you know, if we had this show yesterday, then it's Drake Greenlow, it's our various Ward and.
Speaker 2: I think one of those two would have silenced all of the significant.
Speaker 7: No you're paying for you know, yeah, it's all bad.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 8: The intelligent, the intelligent Cowboys fan would have been like, oh, you.
Speaker 9: Absolutely wanted to.
Speaker 7: But guess who is louder uh the minority.
Speaker 2: The thirty five million. Thirty five million for Travarius Ward is a lot. It is so I think that would I would consider in overpay, but I think it might have been worth it for a team that needs cornerback help after.
Speaker 7: The loss of Jordan Lewis, it would have supplemented.
Speaker 2: It would have been fine to overpay there. But like we talked about earlier, and then you've got thirty five million for Dre Greenlaw.
Speaker 7: Too, so it ended up being right around the same.
Speaker 8: Man, think you even Justin Fields got got a bit of a bag.
Speaker 7: A bit of a bag.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what did he?
Speaker 7: Forty million dollar?
Speaker 9: Twenty million average?
Speaker 2: See what I mean? Like, gon't get gold get Daniel Jones signed with the Colts for seventeen points.
Speaker 9: And that landed. That didn't land before we started hitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like seventeen point seven to the Coltsdaniel Jones.
Speaker 3: DJ.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean there there are names out there.
Speaker 8: I mean like like, how do you guys feel about Stefan Diggs, Stephan Diggs?
Speaker 9: How do you feel?
Speaker 7: Nah, I think it'd be interesting.
Speaker 9: Would they keep you auto wide receiver in addressing?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, No, it would be I think it'd be fun because one, his number is going to be lower than it ever has been.
Speaker 9: Yep, coming off with an injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he was banged up. He didn't have a ton of success in Houston. Anyways, Can I tell you the market it's probably way off because we were looking for that year four point five, but.
Speaker 9: The market is fourteen.
Speaker 7: It would be so much lower than that, it would.
Speaker 8: Have that number go get Yeah, what if what if you could get Stephan Diggs at eight.
Speaker 7: No health wise, what's your number?
Speaker 9: Everybody has a number, ten, dude, everybody has a number.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, it's somewhere in between there, six, six and eight. I think I'd be okay his health man, I just.
Speaker 9: A lot for him.
Speaker 2: Starter wide receiver, You're that's that's the thing. You're not asking him to be wide receiver one. You've got that. You're asking him to come play with his brother, hopefully and come play with his brother across the line of scrimmage from him and be a guy that can be supplemental. You're asking him to be Brandon Cook's hurt.
Speaker 7: Okay, earnestly, I would love to see Brandon Cooks back instead of that, Instead of that with a new offensive scheme, with a new offensive mind and using him and you there, I would rather take Brandon cook thing.
Speaker 8: Make it a three pick Brandon Cooks, Stephan Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 7: Brandon Cooks be Cooks.
Speaker 9: Is I don't have a problem within I have a problem.
Speaker 2: And remember he had some availability.
Speaker 8: Trying to figure out if Schottenheimer is going to have same struggle with figuring out how to use cranic Cooks as his predecessor Mike McCarthy. That's my problem. It's not with Brandon Cooks. It's with the utilization of Brandon.
Speaker 7: And I think that changes because it's not.
Speaker 9: A complete turnover offensively.
Speaker 8: You got Schotenhaimer, And again we talked about this when Schottenheimer was named head coach. Yeah, we don't know what the Schottenheimer's offense looks like. We know what it sounds like because he's answered those questions like when I posed the question to him as far as modern modernizing the offense. We know what it sounds like, but what does it actually look like? And that that makes me a little bit nervous. So that's why I would lean maybe toward test as now out.
Speaker 7: But how did Schottenheimer answer your question about about movement on the line.
Speaker 9: It's going to be, yeah, it's going to be movement.
Speaker 2: See now we've got some really good.
Speaker 7: How better to use Brandon Cooks?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, where was it? I think with Schottenheimer implementing his new offense, I think that gives Brandon Cooks a better utilization in this offense. Maybe with with the movement with the packages.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I've seen Diggs have success in multiple places.
Speaker 9: I would love Brandon cook.
Speaker 2: I mean, so the Cooks. I guess you could say the same thing.
Speaker 8: I would love Brandon Cooks to stick around on this team if the utilization is going to get us the thousand yard possibility of Brandon Cooks. Now not saying it will be two thousand yard receivers, because he's definitely going to get his, but if that's the type of Brandon Cooks that we're getting, and this is no knock to Brandon Cooks, because this Brandon Cooks was there last year after he got back from injury. He was there year before, but just not utilized the right way.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I like what l Dub says here. Diggs will complain when he's unhappy. I think drama too.
Speaker 2: You know you think that goes down though with his brother and the too, or maybe it goes up, goes up maybe one way.
Speaker 8: And then it makes me Now you have the nock the de Hop conversation, because d Hop would be more likely more willing I speculatively speaking, would be more willing to accept the w R two role over at this point in his career, over Stefan. I think Stefan still thinks he's wr one, but he's.
Speaker 7: Not and Hop and CD would be a.
Speaker 2: I compared CD. It was funny when when CD was coming out of Oklahoma, I compared that was one of the first years I was doing like Cowboys draft coverage. Actually it was the first year, but I compared him to DeAndre Hopkins. That was my comp to him, and everybody's like, you're crazy, You're out of your mind. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. He's been better than D Hop, like CD's numbers and his impact and everything that he's done from the even the prime of D Hop's career. Go look at the numbers side by side. CD has been better and I think you could kind of see that now. I don't know if I think d hops on the back end. All three of these guys are on the back end of their career. Digs, the Hop, and Cooks, and I'm split even thinking about it, because I think each of them brings something different to the offense. And I think the Chat. I'm looking at it too. Everybody's having a debate on this too, because I think it's it's different with D Hop. You're going to have a little bit of separation, but you're not going to have the the durability with digs. You might have the separation, you might have the durability, but you've got some questions in terms of uh, the recent red flags in terms of health, and then what how would he mesh with your team and be a wide receiver too? And with Cooks, it's we've seen.
Speaker 9: It, it's utilization.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with it? And so I think it's all of those. If we're talking six million across the board, for all three of all guys, I would probably pick Bee Cooks as and I'm not saying I like it. I would get Be Cooks and then I would spend a high pick on a on a first round or a second round wide receiver, and that would be my future. I'm with you, but I would I would go get with you. I would go get I'm leaning.
Speaker 9: I'm leaning towards the hop.
Speaker 2: I don't see when you look at the film, it is we got to go. Yeah we do. We got a draft show coming up after this.
Speaker 8: Rough of towns for Cooks, but because of it is ulization.
Speaker 2: It is Thank you for watching, thank you for tuning in. We'll be back next week to continue talking about it. We'll see if any of these guys or even a possibility, or we're going straight into the draft and maybe the Cowboys in four minutes, maybe they should trade up and go into to get Travis Hunter territory so that way they can fill two roles at one time. That's the debate we need to have at some point down the line. But not really all right for Patrick No s Walker, for Josh Roderiguez, Chris beaming, the back of Kyle Yellmans. We'll see you next time with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club