Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky, Hey kooky.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming, it's.
Speaker 3: Way Wait a minute, Hey, I've.
Speaker 1: Said by ros dress. Hey boo, it's me Rod's dressful ass. I am in a good mood today because it is Listener Episode extravaganzof February edition. I'm gonna be talking to four different listeners like I do every month. And if you'd like to be a listener on the show and you want to talk to me and we'll record it and we'll post it for the world to hear, send me an email ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com and put in the checked line listener episode to be considered. Also, before we get into the episode, I want to remind you about the live show that we have happening in Los Angeles on March seventh. It is a Saturday, and it is at the world famous Cavern Club Celebrity Theater. You've heard the live episodes. They're a great time and I'd love to see you there and we can talk and take pictures and laugh and laugh and laugh. And Elena ser Video Shwinn will be there. She's our you know, our beloved psychic medium friend and Dave Holmes as well. So you know it's gonna be a good show. I hope to see you there. You can get your tickets in my Insta bio or you can just go to the Cavern Club Theater dot com website and you can buy them there. All right, on with the show. I've been ghosted too. Hello, oh hello, Hello? Is this Eddie the Setti? Hi Eddie?
Speaker 3: How are you good? How are you good?
Speaker 1: You're in Hawaii?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I'm on the Big Island. Cool.
Speaker 1: You sent me one of my favorite stories ever.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. That means a lot to me, and I.
Speaker 3: Love that story.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so for people that might not know, you said the story a while ago about your grandfather. Wait, can you tell it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, totally. So I had a couple friends over, my friend Stacey and my other friend Stacey, and we just like to hang out and do fun you know, witchy stuff or whatever, and so we decided to do a say once and we set it all up and did a circle and all this stuff, and we whatever said what you're supposed to say to call on the spirits, and we were just kind of waiting and all of a sudden, the phone rang, and so you're supposed to like open the circle and close it. So that's what I did, and I go to answer the phone because it was at my house and nobody was on the phone. And then I went back to my room where my friends were, and I opened the circle and closed it. And they were like, did you hear that when you were in the living room And I said, no, what And they said they heard like a bird call or something, but it was really wild, like it was inside the room, and I didn't hear it. And so after that we didn't nothing happened, so we would just kind of called it a loss and did whatever. And then I don't know if it was that night, but it was really soon after that. All of a sudden, man was just at the foot of my bed in a brown suit looking at me. And I didn't feel nervous or scared or anything. I just felt like it was a family or I felt I at that time, I felt like it was me, or that it was like an older brother kind of thing, because it didn't look like my grandfather. It looked like a younger man. But I'm also named after my grandfather, so to me that later on made sense. But he would appear to me for a couple of times, a couple of nights.
Speaker 3: In a row.
Speaker 2: And my sister saw him too, and she said, you know, there's a man in your room and I said, I know, but I think he's good and he doesn't bother me and I feel comfortable with him there. And my sister said, yeah, I think he's good too. And then later that night I could just start to tell that he wanted to get in the bed with wey what and I know, but it didn't make me feel weird, and I just was like, okay, well, if you want to get into bed with we can, Like it was like a comforting thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, but what do you mean? Like he was like looking at you like.
Speaker 2: I could just tell. I don't know, he was just now not like that. He was just looking at me, and I could just tell he wanted to get in the bed, and so I said, if you want to come into bed, you can, and he did, and after that he just kind of went away. I didn't really see him. But when I was growing up, my grandparents slept in separate rooms, and so when we would stay at my grandparents house, I used to sleep with my grandpa in his room, and my sister would sleep with my grandma, and so it just kind of like it took me a while to realize it was my grandpa, but it made sense later on. And then the brown suit that he was wearing, I inherited it, so a brown tuxedo actually gave left me a brown and a black tuxedo. And it just tripped me out, Like it took me a while to realize it was him, but it was such a trip be like, oh my god, that was him wearing this suit that I have and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is really pretty safe. Opened up so many conversations in my life and in my life since you sent me that story, because I really it's baffled my mind. How can there be a suit physically in this earth? But then also like the ghost of that suit.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I would like to know that too.
Speaker 1: Also, it makes me so happy anytime I hear these stories about people that can go. They can be in the afterlife at their youngest, you know, at their prime, or you know, they can choose, and that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And what was kind of crazy is at that same time when my sister and I were talking about the man. She said, you know, I think he's good and I said yeah, and she and I said, you know, there's like a little girl in your room. And my sister said, yeah, she's like evil or bad or something, and it was and that's the vibe that I got from it, too, And it was just kind of weird because for me, I can like picture what they look like in my head, like I just get a picture of what they look like. But she was saying she could like see them, like it was a person really standing there, and she could see the little girl, which kind of was creepy because I was in her room one time and looking at this old mirror that she had. And I've heard too that sometimes, especially with really old antique mirrors, especially if it was like the only mirror that person owned, sometimes their spirit like could travel with it or their energy or I don't know, so I don't know if that was the case of this. But there was this big mirror and I was looking into it, and all of a sudden, I looked under my sister's bed and there was nothing there, but I felt like there was like a tiger crouching ready to pounce on me and I ran out of my sister's room. It was like such a terrifying feeling. It just made she just made you feel that way, and it was such a terrifying, scary feeling. And she was, I don't know, she looked like she was from the sisties. Me and my sister were both describing her. And she had like blonde ringlets, like thick curls, and she had like a little white dress and those Mary Jane shoes that are you know, white with the black, and she just looked like a little fifties girl. But she just had a really bad vibe.
Speaker 3: About her, huh.
Speaker 1: And so we never.
Speaker 2: Really found out anything about her, but we ended up moving out of that place.
Speaker 1: But do you believe that your grandfather looking young in his tuxedo and the Tiger girl both came from this the incidents with the Staceys.
Speaker 2: We think so, yeah. Even though I mean we tried to do everything right and we had our little salt circle and all that stuff, I think that is what kind of like opened up for it. Which I'm really grateful that my grandfather could, you know, say, we were really close and he would all and growing up a lot of times we would just stay at our grandparents' house because my mom was working a lot and my dad wasn't really around, and so it was just like they were kind of like our parents, my grandparents, and so my grandpa would always walk us to the beach and stuff. So I'm really grateful that he that I got to see him again. But it was really kind of creepy weird that that little girl happened to come around at that time.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I love the Grandpa's story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about.
Speaker 1: The haunted Ferbie story?
Speaker 2: So that so that was I mean, I was probably only like ten or eleven, and it was when Ferbie's were it just came out. And I'm the oldest. So I have a younger sister two years younger, and a younger brother who's two years younger than her, and we got the furby and it was just kind of like we were all sharing it and we would play with it and try to teach you know, need to teach it how to talk over time and whatever. But we had a week to so at that time, when I don't know, maybe my sister got the Ferbie and I think I got a week board for Christmas because I asked for it, and it was a glow and the dark wee two board. So I was feeling that because we were playing with the Wiiji board is what happened with the ferbie. But after a while we stopped playing with it because I realized that everybody that was talking to us through the Weiji board like died a really horrible, scary, crazy way. I just only remember talking to this kid who said he was like four or five, and he said it. He said his name was Stu, and we would all the kids would come over in our we lived in this apartment and all the kids in the apartment complex would come over and do the Weiji board, would live and we So it was this kid, stew and he was four and he was he was killed, he said, and it was just like really sad talking about So we stopped kind of playing with it. But one day we woke up in the middle of the night and I was watching my brother and sister and my mom was working a late shift, and all of a sudden, the Ferbie's in the closet and we just hear the ferbie talking and I it was saying like hello or whatever, but it wouldn't shut up. It was we thought it was off, so we went to go get it, and we opened the closet and it's talking and talking and talking, and we're like, Okay, this is too weird. So we turn it off, and it didn't stop talking, and so we took I had to unscrew the bottom and take the batteries out of it. And when we took the batteries out of it, it just started making the super loud static like kind of sound and it was so loud and it was so creepy, and we dropped it and it did that for like several minutes with no batteries in it or anything. And so after that, I don't think we ever played with that ferbi again.
Speaker 1: Because, oh god, ferbies are just creepy. In general. They still make those, right it.
Speaker 2: Heard like other Hunted stories of them. It's creepy.
Speaker 1: Do they still make ferbies?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, I hope not.
Speaker 1: Those were sort of the original Alexa in a way you would just hear a voice talking. I used to have a great relationship with my furbie. Well, I love that you were a little kid that played with the glow and the dark Ouiji board, because obviously I was too the one that you could just buy a toys r U.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's what it was. It was like some toy store and I think for Christmas we all got to pick out our own toy and that's what I picked out. And actually, since I started listening to your show and I was messaging my mom and so some of the things that I like, since I moved to Hawaii. I just moved here, you know, with like a small suitcase or whatever, and my mom still had some of my stuff on the mainland. But she I asked her if she still had the wiki board because I wanted it, and she said no. That was the first thing that I got rid of when you moved out of the house. I didn't want. But I'm thinking so, unfortunately the Wheki board has gone.
Speaker 1: You know, but it's probably for the best.
Speaker 2: It probably is. Yeah, after hearing your Ouiji boards story, I think I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Wait, so is Charlie your dad's ghost friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When we were I don't know, it was like probably when I was like seven or eight. My parents had got a divorce and my dad moved to this big, old Victorian house that he was fixing up, and it was like five bedrooms and actually have more of that story that I because I just talked to my dad about it too, but and I had to make sure that it was real, and he wasn't like just telling you know. Anyways. So all of a sudden, we're just in the living room whatever, watching TV, and then my dad or we just hear this like loud crash upstairs, like a wall got knocked over or like a bunch of lumber got knocked over something weird, which my dad was doing construction, so that's what we thought it was. And he's like, okay, guys, stay down here, because he had just got to this house and he went goes upstairs and he's gone for like five or ten minutes, and then he comes back downstairs and he just is very calm, and he's like, okay, guys, I just want to let you know that there is a man name here named Charlie. But he's nice and you don't need to worry about it, and he is a spirit, but he just wanted you to know that he's here in house. And we were just like, well, okay, Like he was so calm and whatever about it that we didn't think about it. But one so I actually like physically met Charlie one night, and I had to ask my dad what he looked like to make sure because anyway, because my dad would have my dad was always having fun and partying and he always had a lot of friends over. But one day I woke up and I go downstairs, and the Wizard of ozes on TV. And it was in that paint Victorian house and there's this man sitting on the couch and he was totally like eighties style, like kind of like boy George looking, with like black pants and like a roughly black top and a dangly earring, which are now coming back.
Speaker 1: In style, right, okay.
Speaker 2: And so he was watching the end of the Lizard of Oz and I just I mean I was young, like seven, and I just walked in and I was like, oh hi, and he just looked at me and he it was part of the Wizard of ozwear Dorothy saying goodbye to everyone and saying, oh, I'm miss you most of all, and he's like, oh, I always cry at this part, and he just started crying. And I just remember, I, you know, I was a kid, and I just remember laughing. It was kind of like trying to comfort him or whatever. But I was just like, oh, he really does cry every time. And I just remember, you know, watching the rest of the movie and it was the end anyways, and then I went back to bed, and so I talked to my dad about it, and I was like, so was Charlie.
Speaker 3: Was this real?
Speaker 2: Did this really happen or was that many of your friends? And It's like, yeah, that was Charlie. And I said, you know, what did Charlie look like? Because I think I actually ran into him one night. But it was so weird because he was like a real person.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like a.
Speaker 2: Spirit or anything. He looked like he was sucking time in his outfit or whatever.
Speaker 1: Which, No, was your grandfather the same, Like your grandfather looked just like a human like every.
Speaker 2: Day when I was it was more kind of like I could see his I could see him, but I could more see him in like my mind like I couldn't I could physically my sister could physically see him, like he was just right there. I could see like his outline, I could see what he was wearing, but in my head I could really kind of more picture what you look like. Yeah, So that was pretty interesting because it took me. Actually, I just realized it the other day, but I was like, oh my god, I think that was Charlie when I was writing this stuff.
Speaker 1: So watching the Wizard of Oz, I know that kind of fella with a danglar hearing watching the Wizard of Oz crying.
Speaker 3: Charlie.
Speaker 1: We know him, we know Charlie.
Speaker 2: He was probably like, I see you, little boy. You're gonna be okay, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Liz from Chicago?
Speaker 4: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you so good? Are you ready to be on a podcast?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well I want to hear your ghost story about your grandma's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, there's lunch. I can just start from being really young.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, let's do the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay. So my grandma lives a few blocks away from me, so when my mom was still working, we were pretty much raised by her through there every day and my brother and I used to play in the basis and we'd be playing like I don't know, barbies or something, and he'd go up ferries and I would just feel horrible down there, just terrible energy. I would run up after him like please don't leave me, like like not good, and obviously as children, nobody ever said anything to us like, oh, if there's spirits here and things.
Speaker 1: But it only felt that way when he wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, nobody, nobody said anything. But obviously people knew when we grew older. And I remember sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework sometime in elementary school, and my grandma would left so get groceries, and I was alone, and I heard Elizabeth from the upstairs to her house and I said, yeah, Grandma, and I got no response. I just didn't think anything of it. I don't know, I was a child.
Speaker 1: Was it her voice?
Speaker 4: It was her voice exactly to a tea. It was my grandma. And I responded like something could happen. And ten minutes later she walked from the door, and I was like, hold on. So actually a few years later, we were all sitting my whole family, my aunt, my mom, my dad, everybody was sitting at the diningue table for Christmas, and I had brought that story up and my aunt just turned white. She was like, that exact thing has happened to me, but in my grandfather's in.
Speaker 1: Your grandfather's house.
Speaker 4: No, my grandfather's voice calling her name.
Speaker 1: Oh and his voice what yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so whatever is upstairs can mimic my grandparents' voices.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like an impressionist like jim Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 4: Ghost just really trying to start a career. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then a few years later, my grandparents had left to go to Ireland, where my grandfather was from, and my brother and I were house sitting and he had gotten permission to have a house party, and he was really popular in high school, so he had like a bunch of people over maybe thirty people in the basement of my grandma's house, and my brother's ex girlfriend had been looking for her. Friends couldn't find her for hours, and finally found her in the pitch black in the laundry room, talking to the dryer. Yeah. Yes, Well, a little backstory about that dryer is that my my grandma's dog absolutely hated the dryer, Like what if you opened up the door to the basement, he would run downstairs and attack it, like, scratch it, bite the dryer to the point where we had to get a new one because the door had fallen off it. He hated it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so she had asked your friends like what are you, like, what are you doing here? And she said, there's a little boy in here and he's really sad and he wants you to wash the blanket and what what do you mean? Watched the blankets? But but nobody had known at that time is that the night before my brother's friend had gotten really drunk and had thought that the trunk of my grandma's handmade blanket was washroom and had pete all over them. So yeah, so that little girlst point in the basement had told her to washed with my kids because she was apparently very upset about that.
Speaker 1: Was this the first time that the little ghost boy made an appearance.
Speaker 4: Talking to somebody that I know of? Yes, I know that my cousins have seen things in the bament when they visited, but I've never seen the little ghost boy. I've always kind of felt that there was a little boy downstairs, which is what the energy was down there, but I had never seen him before. Okay, I know, yeah, it's yeah. So everybody left the party after that because nobody felt right down there anymore.
Speaker 1: And so actually at the party, everyone like you guys were like, just so you know, there is no little boy that's a ghost and then everyone freaked out and left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, she was like in trance. It was. She was just standing in the dark, staring at the drier and talked to it and just didn't think anything was strange about that. She was just talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh was she doing drugs?
Speaker 4: No, hopefully not.
Speaker 1: So what's the story with the house? Now?
Speaker 4: So one my grandma and my grandpa were in Ireland. My mom had actually got in the house staged, but I don't think it helped much. I don't really go there that Austin anymore because it really just makes me very uncomfortable. My grandma lives there alone, and she's just she's like, oh, yeah, little thing's happen here and there, and just doesn't say anything other than that.
Speaker 1: But but she doesn't know who the little boy is.
Speaker 4: No, she she had told me a story when I was younger about a little boy that had lived there named Justin and when a few years after she had moved in there, she had found his name just carved into their brand new windows green. And that's the only story she'll tell me, which is very creepy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's going on in the upstairs of this house?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: When my mom was a teenager. She said that there used to be something that would open the door of her room and walk in at night, and she could hear it creaking the floor and would come up to her and just start saying horrible things to her, like in her ear, like you're gonna die, Everyone's gonna die. I'm gonna kill you. And even to this day, she'll sleep with the pillow and a blanket over her face because of just force of habit of trying to not hear what it was saying to her. And after she moved out, my aunt had moved into her room and the same thing was happening to her point where one time she was laying in her bed and the bed had actually started to come off of the ground and start shaking.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know what would you do if that happened. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I just trying to think of these stories. And like my like my aunt, she's just like an office worker, like corporate lady. She's you know, and we're just sitting around. She's like, yeah, like, but guy started levigating under me what.
Speaker 1: You were telling me that you then moved to one hundred and fifty year old Chicago Landmark. What happened there?
Speaker 4: Yes, So when I was twelve years old, my family moved to one hundred and fifty year old Chicago Landmark and it's a beautiful house. But when I was younger, I was laying in my bed one night, and I have the habit of looking at my phone and seeing what time it is. So I look and marked the time, and then I turn over, and not moments later, I heard in my ear super loud, and I didn't think much of it because I just I dismissed things very easily. But then a few seconds later, so I sprung up, I turned around and grabbed my phone at only five minutes the past, so I knew I was in the sleep. I turned on all the lights in my house and went downstairs, turned on the TV, everything, and did not sleep in my room for a good month after that. It was terrifying.
Speaker 1: What kind of voice, Like, do you think that was a little ghost kid or what?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it was. It was a whisper, but it was kind of an aggressive whisper, like just exactly how I did it. It burned into my brain.
Speaker 1: So, what's the history of that house?
Speaker 4: So it was the first example of like stick architecture Chicago, but it was built by a preacher, so built by a Catholic man. I'm not sure anything else that's happened in there, but I haven't really wanted to look into it. Honestly, I don't really want to know. But other than that, it's just a fairly normal, really old house.
Speaker 1: Did other things happen while you guys lived there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this one I think was slightly more drumbed other things because I did freak out. But I was going into our attic, which as very steep there is going up, and I was going to get a suitcase to go stay at my friend's cottage for a week. And I got up to like the third or fourth there, and I heard really loud, stopping footsteps come up from behind me.
Speaker 1: Oh behind past me.
Speaker 4: Yes, this was six in the morning. Nobody else was awake, and I turned around. There was nobody there, and I sprinted down the stairs and I went immediately into my parents' room, following my eyes out. Please tell me one of you just try to mess with me, please please please. My parents are like stealing bag looking at me. What are you talking about? Please go back to that and oh, I don't make my dad go up there and get the suitcase for me because I could not.
Speaker 2: Go back up there.
Speaker 1: Are your parents still there?
Speaker 4: My parents? Yeah, we also live there. I actually there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well keep me updated if you have some real spooky stuff happening.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope that.
Speaker 1: There's a ghost in my house. Hi is this Patrick?
Speaker 3: It is? Is this raw?
Speaker 1: This is ros Hi Patrick?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 3: I am very severely landlocked in the middle of Missouri.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're pretty experienced with ghosts.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Say it again, You're pretty experienced with ghosts.
Speaker 3: I hear it right, pretty pretty much. I'm a I'm a giant nerd. I don't think anybody is an expert in it, but it's I'm a I call myself a para nerd quite often.
Speaker 1: So if they did consider people experts, would that be you?
Speaker 3: Uh No, not even then, because I fail at a lot of things, but I'm interested in Like, I try a lot of things, a lot of spirit communication techniques, and I get h you know, I move on from one thing to the next thing. You know. I read a book about channeling and then try that, and then I move on to this other thing and try that, and I fail at most of them. But I've I've you know, I've had some cool experiences.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, nobody knows anything for sure, but that seems like you've had some evidence.
Speaker 3: Well I do. I get kind of OCD about it, so I get sucked into it. I've read a lot of books. I used to read a lot more before you know, smartphones became a thing.
Speaker 1: But wait, what's like the best book about ghosts? Because I've been trying to read a ton of books about them. Do you have any recommendations?
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, I have so many recommendations. I kind of go to, you know, most of the books by psychics and mediums, which I am a sucker for. And the first one, the first book that did it for me was at book by James Van Prague, which is Ghosts among Us. And I don't know that that's necessarily the best one, but it was the first one for me. It really kind of started off what I've always called my spiritual shift, which like several people I've heard on your show that are either running away from some kind of dogma, you know, religious background. It was the first book that was kind of opened my eyes and I was like, Oh my gosh, so this is what is going on? And I all of a sudden didn't fear death, and I just then I started a fascination for me on you know, what is life like on the other side? Yeah, look like you know, what's my house going to look like? Do I get to design it? Do I get to you know, like I tell the questions never end?
Speaker 1: Okay, ghost among us, I'll check that out. Can you tell me your ghost story?
Speaker 3: I will tell you my ghost story. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm ready? Creep me out.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, as we've already discussed, I I poke around the paranormal a lot, and especially four or five years ago, I was poking around a lot. I don't have a lot of experiences. I'm also a fairly skeptical person. I consider myself kind of fifty percent fifty percent. I wanted to be real and I'm looking for it all the time, and I'm obsessed with this idea of spirit communication. Well, four or five years ago, I was heavily involved in several events. So in one week, for example, I had been helping a family with some paranormal experiences in their home, and I was brought in to do some things with that. And so that had lasted a couple of days.
Speaker 4: What was happening to.
Speaker 3: Them, I'm sorry say it again.
Speaker 1: What was happening to them?
Speaker 3: They had some experience in what there were two teenage daughters in that house, and one of the daughters continued to have what they felt be beings come out of a closet in her bedroom. And they'd also had some experiences down their hallway. And it was one of those weird things, like it's not a historic house. It's just kind of a suburban seventies probably eighties family house, you know, two story houses. So I didn't have a lot of I didn't feel like I got a lot of experiences there. I had some what I think are evp there, but I think the experiences they had were not super comfortable to them, like nothing was really they just didn't like it. And so, and that was like two nights before the story that I'm getting ready to tell you. So I was doing that investigation, and I was also doing some seance experiments with a medium friend of mine, and I was organizing them. She was being the medium, but I was kind of guiding the event and putting together some topics and trying to reach out to specific people on the other side, and so I was just involved in a lot, and so I was tired. And there was a night where I was sleeping. My parents just happened to be in our home with us because they were visiting, and my husband and I are sleeping, and that day, I think we'd had one of those seance experiences. And it's in the middle of the night. I wake up. I'm on my Okay, this is dorky, but I have to explain it to you. So I'm on the right side of the bed, my husband's on the left, and I'm sleeping on my left side, so you know, I'm facing my husband, and I wake up just like instantly. And I would love to tell you it was three o'clock in the morning, because I know you love that, but I simply don't remember. So it was, but it was like in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: We'll say it was.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay. And the first thing that I felt was I was really cold. I was really cold, and my heart was racing, and my analytical mind was telling me, okay. I instantly started thinking of reasons why I could feel this way. First of all, it was weird that I just woke up immediately in the middle of the night, and I started thinking, we like, am I having a heart attack? Like, you know, are men not supposed to sleep on whatever side? Or is my arm falling asleep? And am I getting ready to you know? Do I need to call nine to one? What's going on? But then that kind of shifted to fear a little bit, and I could just tell that even though I had never had an experience like this, I could tell that something was in the room with me. I could It wasn't a very good feeling. And so I start in my mind, I'm thinking, oh, imagine the white light, ah, imagine the angels bring him down, protect me. And all of a sudden, roz omg. All of a sudden, a hand grabs me on my right shoulder. So I'm on my left side, thinking this through with my husband, and a hand reaches over the bed and I instinctively, and I know people are going to think I'm Craig Gray. Oh my gosh, I'm not a great, great person. I instinctively grab for this hand and I grab the hand, I feel the hand.
Speaker 1: I did a cold.
Speaker 3: Dead feeling hand, and it retreats as I grab for it, and so I'm so shocked and I immediately get kind of pulled to my back. So I went from my side to my back, And of course, now I'm freaking out a little bit, because you know, every kid's nightmare in the world that something's under your bed and grabs for you. But I start thinking, Oh, I'm sitting there going okay, what just happened? Am I awake?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm awake. I'm like pinching myself, and I'm also trying not to wake up my husband because he rolls his eyes with this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But you're not feeling like you weren't feeling sleep paralysis, right.
Speaker 3: No, And I've heard you talk about that a lot, and I've discussed that on my show a lot, and I'm not sure what I think about that altogether. I don't know, like there's this sleep hypnagogic state of your sleep and hypnopompic state, you know, when you're coming in and out of sleep. Could it have been that possibly? But I was pretty damn awake.
Speaker 1: Did you contact with the hand, like, did you actually grab the hand or it pulled away?
Speaker 3: My left hand reached over to my right shoulder and grabbed the hand as it retreated. I know it was cold, and I could feel it retreating intuitively, and I'm not saying I'm an intuitive person at all, but intuitively, I remember it as like a cold, black hand, like a dead hand.
Speaker 1: Was it wrinkly? And so what was it wrinkly?
Speaker 3: It was kind of wrinkly. Yeah, And so I'm lying there in my bed and I don't get chicken often when it comes to ghosts. I get chicken when it comes to real people. But I didn't get out of bed, and I'm still ashamed of myself for that. And what I did was I grabbed my iPhone and I turned it to the recorder the voice memos, and I pressed record. And you know, my parents were in the house with me, my husband was sleeping. I was like, I am not about to cause a scene, and so I just hold it up into the air and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Is there anybody here?
Speaker 3: Anybody want to talk with me? For like five minutes and the next day I didn't hear anything, but oh my gosh, I've never ever had anything like that happen. And of course I think it's cool because I'm always poking my nose around looking for stuff like this, but it's just weird. I've always told people that I've never believed in like demons, and I'm not sure what I think about real negative I mean, I think negative people can become negative ghosts. But it's just bizarre. And did I carry that home with me because of all of this stuff that I was involved in, either the family's house that I was helping with, or was it something from a seance?
Speaker 1: Who were you contacting?
Speaker 3: We at the seance were contacting like mediums and people like experts in spirit communication who have passed on over the years, So I'm not sure what you like people groundbreaking researchers and mediums over the years. I don't even remember some of the name that we had reached out to. And nothing really hugely eventful happened there either, So that's the other thing that's weird. It's like, I don't feel like anything really happened to both of these things.
Speaker 5: But that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think. I hear these stories often where people are doing seances, they're doing Ouiji boards, and then nothing happens until the middle of the night right later, and I'm telling.
Speaker 3: I'm telling, I've been at a wija board for years.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of those people that experimented with it growing up. You know, everybody has that one party that sleepover where they had the Ouiji board, and that that wasn't me. And a good friend of mine is a ouija expert who you should totally talk to you, by the way, Karen A Dolman, and she's kind of guided me through doing some ouija board stuff. But for five or six years, I sat at the ouija board countless times and for hours nothing ever happened. Nothing. So like that's what I'm saying, Like I fail at these things a lot, but I really badly want things to happen. Yeah, and that night it did. I just didn't plan on it happening in that way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think that sometimes you know they're not going to be there on commands, Like you can't always just call someone and they answer. So it's like you, who knows, I don't know how ghosts work. Maybe they were in the bathroom when you were doing the Ouigi board and that a couple hours later, you know they've washed their hands and they're like, hey, remember how you wanted to hang out with me, and then they put their hand on you.
Speaker 3: God, I hope they washed their hands, I know. But you know, I've always said too that I never want to assume. I hate when people talk about like, oh, it was a shadow person, and thanks to paranormal TV, we hear shadow person and we think, oh, it's a demon and we've got to get rid of it. And I'm like, well, how how do you know that it's not aunt? You know, Bertha, And that's the only way she could muster up enough energy to reach out to you. And then of course if you slip out and freak out over it and are convinced it's a demon, well then of course she's gonna think, oh, never mind, I'm gonna freak him out. I'm not going to try to reach out anymore. So I don't know what this was with me interpreting it wrong, or maybe it was a relative. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You could have been or it could have been a shady person, and that's the only way they could manifest being a shadow.
Speaker 3: Or or really processing some weirdo dreams from being a middle school teacher. Some scary stuff there too.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure I can only imagine. Hi is this Christian?
Speaker 5: This is Hi?
Speaker 1: This is Ro's dress fleas.
Speaker 5: Nice to talk to you, Rob.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm living the dream? Ooh, where are you South Bend, Indiana?
Speaker 1: Oh? Interesting? Have you been to that Demon House? Do you know about that demon House from that Zach Baggins documentary?
Speaker 5: Ooh no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I forget where it is. It might be in like Gary or something. But there's like this super spooky there's a documentary about it. But we're not here to plug that. I want to hear about your ghost story.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was listening to your last Listener episode and for some reason, I was just I had to send this to you. I have my own podcast and I haven't even shared it on my own podcast yet because I'm a little bit of an emotional person. So I'm trying to figure out how to do this right. But I was roach to you about my grandmother because I was very much a grandma's boy, spend this much time with her as I could, and uh, when I graduated high school, they moved to Missouri and it was just a couple of years after that that she ended up passing away. But when I was a little boy. She used to hold me and rock me and rub my back and my head like Grandma's do, and tell me that I had gypsy in me. And I had no clue what that meant, but that's what she would say to me. And as I got a little older and I figured out what the gypsy culture was and all of that, I said to my brother, I was like, you remember when Grandma used to say we had gypsy in us? And he was like, she never said anything like that to me, and I was like, that's weird. So, you know, fast forward several years. It's about a year after she passed away. And she was always super into Christmas, and so I think that made me super into Christmas. I love overdoing lights on the outside, overdoing things on the inside of the house. And it's kind of my little homage to her. But I was in my dorm room, uh in college, and my roommate was away at home, and she appeared before me. Uh huh. It was I couldn't see her face, I couldn't make out details. My grandma was a big lady, and she wore the colored mumoo. I could see the moo moo. I could see the shape of her. I could see the shape of her face, but I couldn't make out any distinguishing facial features or anything like that. And she asked me to pass on some Christmas gifts for.
Speaker 1: Was this like in the middle of the night or what were you doing?
Speaker 3: This is midday.
Speaker 5: I was sitting watching TV. I don't even remember what I was watching at the time, but I was just watching a show in the middle of the day. I wasn't doing anything. I was just hanging out in my dorm room. And that stopped like that was the first thing. Was my TV like shut off. And then she started to appear before me, and so, being a good student, I had paper and pencil nearby. She told me who she wanted messages for, and she had these, excuse me, very specific things that she wanted said, and so I started writing them down as quickly as I could. And then when she got down and give me a message, she just kind of faded away, and then ROZ the TV turned on back on and the show was exactly where it left off. Who. So it was like time stopped.
Speaker 4: WHOA.
Speaker 5: Now my wife tells me that I'm full of it, but I swear this truly happened so and so I decided to pass on these messages. And the first thing I do is I call my uncle who moved to Missouri with my grandmother and now both my grandparents are deceased at this point, and I said, don said Uncle Blad. I said, this is gonna sound really crazy. I gotta tell you something. Grandma came to me and he just goes huh. And I was like, she told me to tell you to relax. He goes, oh, okay, like he completely understood what I was saying. And that freaked me out. So then I was like, well, the next logical person tells her other child, which is my mom. And I saw I go home one night one time around Christmas, I said, Mom, I said, I called uncle Bud.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you as well.
Speaker 5: Grandma came to me and she told me that she wants you to know that she wants you to have a merry x miss And she was very very precise that I couldn't say Christmas. I had to tell you Xmas. And my mom lost it, just sobbing and said, when I was a little girl, she always wrote Xmas on Christmas cards. She would never write out Christmas. And she said so that's definitely a sign I completely believe you. And at this point I was really freaked out. Like I said, I was an emotional person. I think I probably went and cried for a little while. And then I went to my brother and I was like, I'm sorry, man, I lost the list. Grandma had a message for you, but I don't have it, and he goes, that's why she told you had gypsy in you, and I was like, he's right, so gosh, and so you know, I thought that was just the end of it, like I passed on these messages. But it was just later that year that my girlfriend was playing with a Wuiji board at the how she lived at, and I decided I was gonna go over there for the evening and hang out with everybody at her house. And so I knew they were doing this, so I quietly snuck in and just kind of stood like there were probably twenty people surrounding the board. There were two or three people on the board holding the pointer, and the board starts spelling out the moment I get there, Hello Chris. Now nobody at this point called me Chris because I became Christian while I was in college, and so everybody's like, who's Chris, who's this Chris? Like, there's nobody here. His name is Chris, but my grandmother used to call me Chris. So again a little freaked out, I kind of left. Nobody knew I was there. I just went ahead and left. And then nothing happened then, so that was a gosh, what maybe two thousand. Nothing had happened until this last Christmas. This time, I was definitely sleeping and I had a dream that my grandfather, her husband, my grandpa John, had come to visit me, and I was just talking to him, catching him up on what they missed, and then he says to me, hey, kid, did you hear Grandma's back? And I gotta go, And then I woke up immediately sobbing because he was just there. So I don't know what that meant, that Grandma's back, but that is my grandma portion of story. I have other ghost stories, but I wasn't a haunted house here in South Bend not long ago.
Speaker 1: But wait, I want to hear those two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just briefly, I was recording my own podcast. I do a beer podcast, craft beer podcast. We have a local one, so STUDI Baker cars were based out of South Bend and they built a mansion. The family did that owned it called the Typic a New Place and it's still standing and they put a brewery in it. So we were recording there and they, uh, and so they said, would you mind coming in at night? We know it's a little bit freaky around here at night, but would you guys mind coming in after hours? They're like, absolutely, I'll come in after hours. Like you could give me the keys, I'll go in by myself.
Speaker 3: But uh.
Speaker 5: One of the things that happens there is up on the third floor. They call it the ballroom. Up on the third floor, there's allegedly a ghost that likes to help people. It was a servant at the house, and it'll bring people like there's people who said they've been in a stall and they run out of toilet paper and then all a sudden, paper towel will appear by their feet and different things like this. So we're getting ready to leave and nothing had happened the entire time we were there, and I was like, Hey, I can use the restroom. Could you point me in the direction. They're like, go up to the third floor, and I'm like, that's the ballroom. That's where one of the ghosts are at, and they go all the lights off, so use your cell phone light. Oh they're sending me. Yeah right, they're sending me into a haunted area where there's no lights on, and then they're trying to explain to me where the light switch is at. And that wasn't happening. I wasn't gonna be able to find that. So I go up to the top of the stairs and roz there was one light on. It was the men's room light. I believe the ghosts turned on the light help me find where.
Speaker 3: I was going.
Speaker 1: Well that's a nice ghost right, Well, I think my belief though, Yeah, it could be way worse.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh god.
Speaker 1: But still I'd be so scared to be in a place I knew was haunted and I'd have to use my flashlight.
Speaker 5: It was a little weird, like I was like, no one's gonna walk me up there and flip on a light, like they know where they're going.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't scare me because I don't think. I don't think most ghosts are here to hurt us. I think a lot don't know that they're still here. Then there's a lot that do want to help people like they're just so, it's not my belief that many want to hurt us. There's obviously demons, but I think the majority of them are just here and they're not sure what to do with it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean you've had some very lovely encounters with ghosts. It sounds like true, it's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: I am lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it stays that way because I mean, I also have never really had any militious encounters with got but they're at there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: I did have one that I thought hit me with a door one time at one of my friend my wife's friends' houses. As we walked in. They told us the door and naturally fall open, but somehow I got hit by it as I was walking in, and my wife was like, sure, the ghost was trying to keep you out. I was like, no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying maybe it wanted us to know that it was.
Speaker 1: There, Like they had a confirmed ghost there.
Speaker 3: That y'all.
Speaker 5: So their stories like like just you saying that made all the hairs on my arms stand up. They heard people walking up and down their stairs. Their dog wouldn't go into the hallway that went led up to the bedrooms, kitchen cabinets and stuff opening up and things falling out, and it was They never had anybody investigate, which I always thought was weird.
Speaker 1: But do they still live there.
Speaker 5: They don't. I'm disappointed by that.
Speaker 3: I want to go back.
Speaker 5: They didn't tell us that they thought it was haunted till they moved out.
Speaker 1: After all that stuff happened, pots and pants, find out, dog not wanting to go places, doors, hitting people.
Speaker 5: Right, and you're going to invite us over for dinner and not tell us that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't live in that chaos. Well, thanks so much for talking with me. These are great stories. Thank you to all of our listeners, and again I would love to talk to you in the future. So if you have a ghost story that you'd like to tell on the show, please send me an email at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com, subject line listener episode. And if you have a ghost story that you don't want to tell on the show, you could leave it in a five star review on Apple Podcasts. You can also give us a five star review even if you don't have a story or you could leave it in our Facebook group called Ghosts did by Roz dress Fales. I'm on Instagram at Roz dress Fales. You can get your tickets or the live show in the link in my bio on Instagram. Guys, if you want to see me this weekend in ox Nard, you know I'm there every month. I'll be back this weekend celebrating Valentine's Day weekend and that will be on what is this weekend? I guess it's the sixteenth. I'll be there this Sunday. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey bye. Star Beings a podcast network