Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Coleen Witt, and today we have a very special guest in the building, influencer, comedian, musician, boxer.
Speaker 2: What am I missing?
Speaker 3: Father? Father?
Speaker 1: Shout outs to the sun over there in the building. Swede's in the building, and I'm really excited to have you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You were very passionate about cooking on the show.
Speaker 1: For all our guests listening today, we are taping in Wheezy's studios. Shout out to Wheezy in West Hollywood. But later on we're gonna have Swade come into Eating While Broke studios and cook for me.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna have us eat?
Speaker 3: It's called the Poleman meal?
Speaker 2: The Poleman meal.
Speaker 1: Poh, Now, what was going on during the time of you eating the Poleman?
Speaker 3: The struggle? We didn't even know we were struggling. We were just living.
Speaker 2: Was just living.
Speaker 1: So is it like your mom you're or is it like after you're an adult you was on the Poleman?
Speaker 3: It's definitely something my mama put together.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are what is the ingredients of the dish?
Speaker 4: As it's not many agrees, it's ground beef, or.
Speaker 3: Turkey, right, is an option.
Speaker 4: There's that option, and then there's can tomato sauce. And then there's what we call the Louisiana trinity, right, and it's going to be green pepper, celery and onions. That's the trinity Louisiana.
Speaker 2: So when you were saying that in your notes, you were actually gonna cut it up.
Speaker 4: Well, we got what they called season blind. I told you about Season blin. That's an option because they have the tree.
Speaker 1: Oh so you ain't gonna do the purperson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't do it, but we don't use that season.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay. And then what else is in the dish?
Speaker 3: And then there's corn and that's it?
Speaker 1: But you messed.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no cornbread.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. I'm excited about this dish because there's corn bread involved, like corre I do, even though I think I've never made it before. What yes, even though, but you used the box one, so don't judge me, Okay, but I'm excited because it's different from anything we've had. I think we've taped over seventy episodes at this point. No corn bread, and we've not had corn bread. Oh man, yeah, you'd be surprised. We've only had chicken on the show, like maybe twice. But yeah, so I'm excited about you cook it for me. You're gonna be cooking me dinner tonight. You're gonna cook all of us dinner tonight right now, pole Ma and meal. So take me back to what was going on in your upbringing, Your mom's cooking, what's your household looking like?
Speaker 2: Siblings? I want to know the whole backstory.
Speaker 4: We're gonna break it down. So single mother. Of course, father was around, but scarcely. Uh it's me I have now currently I have two sisters or three sisters a time RP to my sister just late past last year. But yeah, mom wasn't Mom was. Mom was hustling, hustling, Mom was getting it.
Speaker 1: Is she like an entrepreneur or she was working multiple multiple jobs at that time.
Speaker 4: Uh later on like she was, you know, managing a few things. But she was always Mom worked a lot, you know. So it's just me and the girls. And then my grandma and my grandfather lived across the street.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they were like helping her out. And now are you the oldest, youngest you're the middle So did you ever get stuck on babysitting duty?
Speaker 4: No, not really, my baby, we're not that far apart in age group, so you know what, we kind of babysitting each other because it was like a year or two, me and my older sister.
Speaker 3: Your putting, then my baby she's two years younger.
Speaker 2: Okay, So your mom had it tough. I'm not. I just became my mom.
Speaker 1: She had it tough. Man.
Speaker 3: Mama was working, she was.
Speaker 2: Working mud okay.
Speaker 1: And you were from.
Speaker 3: Originally ch'ales, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, growing up in your home she was single mom. You guys were growing up like this. Where did the inspiration to get into the entertainment business come?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man? We okay, then tell you about Louisiana people we do. We call it.
Speaker 4: We call it jokeson, right, And that's like we just sit around and clown on each other and crack jokes each other all day long.
Speaker 2: That sounds like New Yorkers anybody with siblings.
Speaker 4: So we just man, I have a very comedic family and a very we're all like all into entertainment.
Speaker 3: But a lot of music.
Speaker 4: A lot of music is a lot of singers on my father's side. But and they all Josus too, So yeah, it's a lot of singers. And so I was always into music entertainment and it was a church so choir, and you know, I played saxophone. I played jazz sax I played jazz band and saxophone growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did the saxophone.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch a bandstand. Okay, So yeah, mom was she's working. So it's like me and my cousins a lot, and we was always just you know, taking care of each other, doing things together, or me and me and the neighbors kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So then what was the next pivot moment to kind of get you closer to where you are today? Like growing up in that environment, you're joking, You're having a lot of fun music. When what was like that next step to get out of Louisiana.
Speaker 3: I didn't get out of Louisiana until five six years ago.
Speaker 2: And what what was that move? Like, what what made you make that move?
Speaker 3: It was this influencer that I met named Do Gang, And.
Speaker 4: At that I was doing I was at that time, I had a construction business, still have it. I'm a third generation Semen finisher by trade. What third generation semens finishing?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: So lay foundations for like homes, Daddie olds, railway sidewalks.
Speaker 3: You know we've been been. I grew up there.
Speaker 4: I have a news clipping of me five years old with a like a hand trial with my dad, Like.
Speaker 2: I would never think that that's awesome. So but you still have the construction company.
Speaker 3: It's called Dirt Dallas Concrete if y'all need some work done.
Speaker 2: But it's out in Louisiana. Okay, so you're an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Of course we.
Speaker 1: Didn't put that in the titles. How did you miss it? That's the biggest one.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I left that out. I guess I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: In your e p K.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: That's very much should be entrepreneur, comedian. Well, I guess fathers should be at the top. Well, you know it should be there too.
Speaker 4: But definitely I've had my other business. I let go, but I had a low a low vultures business.
Speaker 3: Also, what's that?
Speaker 4: So we would hang like phone cameras, TVs, security cameras, like to check out the scanners of the checkout system, we peeling systems.
Speaker 3: We changed those out.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you can make money anywhere in the world skills.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was trying to hone at that time in my life. I was looking for us a skill set that I can do anywhere because I didn't want to live in Louisiana. Why because it's so the poverty and the racism and the it's just tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 4: And I got a glimpse of it through the TV of what you know, life could be out outside of where I was from. And then because we don't travel where I'm from, we don't like we go to Houston and Pensacola and that's it because we're right on the I. So you know, we go as far as you know money can take us. We don't make a lot of money out there, so you know, going somewhere where money is uh. You know, people people like come to Hollywood really won't fit your budget if you know you're making fifteen books out you know, no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm also like I make jokes. Now, I'm like, damn, why could I have chosen cheaper city to get accustomed to Because I'm from the York that's expensive. I moved to La Now I'm just like you know what, I guess I'm just a big city girl.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I could survive.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could, but then I would have like ten hustles in a week because I would be bored.
Speaker 4: But then the hustles would be like how far they take you? Because how much money you make it. You know, it's like you gotta find like two three good ones because you can't like diversify yourself because you got to put everything into those those one or two good you know, hustles. If you don't have a regular job, it's only like four careers you can have outside of Like there's either all refinery like plant work, being like a nurse or a doctor, or like construction. I said, refining, plant works the same thing construction work. Like have a like construction business the casinos.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a huge make Louisiana sound like a Detroit or something. It sounds like very I been Detroit, boy, I've been to Detroit. I was wonder boy if this was Kelly clean this up within three minutes.
Speaker 3: Man, Louisiana something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's a place.
Speaker 4: But our culture and the family, the fellowship and the food that's for food at top food, family and culture, you know, the fellowship and we got our culture is different, you know, because we don't have counties.
Speaker 3: We have parishes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, explain that.
Speaker 4: So like y'all have county lines, we have parishes because you know, Louisiana doing the Louisiana purchase, you know, when they bought Louisiana into America.
Speaker 3: However that go, you know the rest of on my history.
Speaker 4: But they didn't establish the the you know, American waves. They kept like the French. Oh so it's parishes, you know. And I'm from Calcushue Parish.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so five six years you said five six years ago, that's five five years ago. At some point you have this epiphany you're like, even though I have this business out in Louisiana, I want more, and you.
Speaker 3: I always wanted more. Daddy was like my dad always like you're gonna be a millionaire. You're gonna be a millionaire.
Speaker 4: Like since I was I can't tell you how far back I cannot remember him telling me that. Really, yeah, my whole life, my dad's like he was like he was I had a dream, he was going to invent something. Like he always tells me, like I had a dream he's going to invent something and that's gonna be it. And then now he's like, well, maybe it was you, Maybe it was your son. He was like, maybe your son going and I was like I'm.
Speaker 1: Still here, Like yeah, I'm still He's like, you're getting closer to the finish line. We may have to retire your jersey next.
Speaker 4: But let me let me, let me just push it on to the next.
Speaker 1: Remind him of who CAFC is the remember the found of KFC. I think he didn't he didn't sell that recipe till he's like sixty five years old. Wow, And he was in the car going to every restaurant picked up this recipe and eventually got it picked up. But he was he was an old man. I always tell people that, like when my dad's like depressed or something like that. You know, well, my d my dad's now six nine, So you know, I'm gonna have to start making Joe's book.
Speaker 2: You passed down.
Speaker 1: But so okay, so what what happens before this transition, because something must have triggered you just pulled the trigger on the transition.
Speaker 4: Well, I used to ask my mom all the time, like and probably like Mom, you think i'd be a good actor, Like I used to watch like my favorite actor is Don Cheetle, so I watched like him Denzel. I was a fan of Zailed for a long time. I was like, mommy, Dad.
Speaker 3: I can act, and she's like, yeah, I'm sure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: She was reassured, Like in the back of my own life, all right, I could act for sure.
Speaker 3: I know I can act, So that's locked, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I started pursuing everything else, like music, like in the back of my life, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you you just said, okay, skip skip lessons. How do you know you can?
Speaker 3: How did you I just emotional.
Speaker 4: I have an emotional like placement in my heads, Like I know I can go places in my head. I feel like I've been through a lot of situations now that I'm older, I'm like, dang, I had a lot of trauma growing up, but I ain't know, you know, I had trauma or like situations where I could bring myself back to to put myself in like emotional state. Yeah, you know, I'm a cancer too, so that might be part of it. You know, y'all believe in that or not. But I feel like I can put myself while you know what I want to be, so.
Speaker 2: You can tap into your traumas and they feel really real.
Speaker 4: And even like excitement or like joy, you know, but especially pain.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: I haven't had a chance to show that yet, but it's for sure comedy because like my whole family is comedy.
Speaker 1: Now. Well, there's so many questions from just that statement. But when going back to your taping, how did you realize, Like when was that moment when you realized you could tap into it? Like were you under pressure and I press the girl or something you were like tapped in started crying.
Speaker 3: It had to be something.
Speaker 1: Oh you're from little.
Speaker 4: Since I was little, Like man, just it's emotions has always been a part of my life. I'm really good hiding emotions too now from being so emotional as a kid. So yeah, and that I feel like that that there's your acting there, you know, from hiding, you know, hiding things.
Speaker 1: I like that you as probably gonna sound terrible, but as a black man can say like, yeah, I have emotions or I'm emotional. I feel like guys every time I go on social media or anywhere, guys are.
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, your girl will leave you if you cry.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody want to be a tough guy for what. I don't know, for what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 3: It doesn't to me. I feel like women enjoy like uh real, you know, and they then they can make their choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they enjoy real.
Speaker 4: This is what I am. This is what I'm about. Like, this is what you're gonna get. Yeah, make the decision, you know, make decision. I like him for this pros and cons, but I don't like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can do it. Oh I really want to do with this.
Speaker 4: It's a choice I'm making him, you know, So that's the option I give. I'm like, this is what you getting, the real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, feel me.
Speaker 1: That's the best way. And don't perpetrate. Never perpetrate because you're gonna get caught anyways. If you even no matter how long you perpetrate for once that year mark, you're gonna find it hard to maintain that level of.
Speaker 4: And I had this guy tell me this is like I want to say, two months three months ago. He was like he uh, he cat fish this girl for I think a month he said, with a fake accent, say one day, just set up and was like, you know what, I'm tired. He had an England accent, like an English accent, and he's like, now I'm done with this, and she's like, where's your accent?
Speaker 3: He faked it. I was like, oh my god, nah, he said, nah, he was over. He was he was.
Speaker 1: Then let me tell you something because that accent that would win a lot of girls.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: The second a.
Speaker 1: Guy with Australian accent walks on around, you're like, because you imagine like a month and he's like, psych yeah, save there's a lot of the accent also helps him look more attractive. So imagine if he was like a D plus as an accent, he.
Speaker 3: Is he wrong?
Speaker 4: You know, because like there's a few things women do too that make them look more attractive.
Speaker 2: Like what you better not say it's the makeup.
Speaker 4: I mean not well, I mean there's there's you know, wigs and you know they got the fake pants with the butts in them.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I've been very fortunate in my life and thank God, like I'm just now learning the world of wigs because so many women are wearing them with the fake uh edges, which I honestly don't know it doesn't look attractive in real life in my opinion.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I got to start with these makeup tutorials because I just giving up all the sauces and y'all scaring us as men out here because we're scared.
Speaker 3: Now what have you seen those YouTube?
Speaker 1: And you know what, it doesn't make sense because okay, so I wear makeup, but you know you have your Yeah, they were like layers and they bake their face.
Speaker 2: They'll be like powder here and all that.
Speaker 1: But I just got in trouble with my twin for not wearing enough makeup on my podcast. Yeah, so now I wear makeup. I mean I wore makeup for you today, Wow, because I usually don't.
Speaker 2: My twins, Like, I can't believe you. What online? Did you see how terrible you looked? Put on more makeup?
Speaker 3: Shout out to the twin.
Speaker 1: She's a makeup artist.
Speaker 3: Too, so oh no you got Rebecca.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if she does my makeup, it's way more makeup. It's way more makeup. Whenever a makeup artist, yeah, she's gonna be like, oh, you're gonna look good, but and in real life, you're gonna look like you're caked up.
Speaker 3: I mean we in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: I see things, yeah, you know, I mean some of them look good, some of them are cool, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So now that you had acting off your checklists, you start focusing on music and comedy.
Speaker 3: Why. I just love music. I love music so much.
Speaker 4: Like I heard something one day somebody said, like music is the only thing that you can't control, like you can, like you can't stop from hearing it, Like because you can't, like you know what I mean, if you walking somewhere and something's playing, you're gonna hear it, you know what I mean, Like you might even cover your ears like after that, but you heard it already.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like it's like so much a part of everyone's life, and it's universal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know. Sometimes you can have songs like I might not know the.
Speaker 4: Words, but I might know the song, yeah, you know, and I might be somewhere with someone who knows the words and they you know, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love music so much.
Speaker 4: So I started trying to find my own little niche in my own sound.
Speaker 1: And what does that look?
Speaker 2: Okay, you were.
Speaker 4: Because I had a brother in at the time, uh, and he was like very influential and very influential in the city. He did, like I guess he did his own like YouTube shows back way back then.
Speaker 3: This is nineties, so and I was just watching and he brings me in.
Speaker 4: I'm all like, to me, we're famous rappers at the time, and this is like southern Houston rappers because my moment, I'm two years I'm two hours away from from Houston. So they're very heavily influenced on my city, so as New Orleans. So I got to like the best of them for us. Mind you, I don't have like a heavy accent, but I've also been working on not having an.
Speaker 3: Accent for like the last five years also.
Speaker 4: By acting, just working on my pronunciation and everything. And someone was like, pronounce, pronounce you say with your mouth, So that's what I've been doing. But I met a lot of famous artists back then. It was like zero and I'm not I'm sure if you know these artists like uh, DJ Screw he started like the whole screw scene and uh Slump Thug Mster.
Speaker 3: Three two man, that's the switch a House.
Speaker 4: These are like popping names back then, Like I'm beating these people in person. So I'm like, I'm kind of starstruck. But I'm getting used to being around celebrity at that time, you know, in my small city. So I started getting the bug of like, oh, being around celerities, I can do this, like I can be I can have that status I can have you know, I deserve that status at that point.
Speaker 3: I'm around it at this young And this is my brother in law.
Speaker 4: He's this guy mister Kate ok shot Miss Skate Out, and uh I feel like, you know, it's just part of who I am, you know, just just it was instilled in me because he was kind of like a father figure to me at the time. I looked up to him, and uh I just everything he was teaching me was because like I said, he had kind of like a YouTube, so he would go around and interview and then even like host all the big events in the war shows that we would have.
Speaker 3: He would host them.
Speaker 4: So like he was cool with all these people, and I kind of got like my value with them through him. You know, I had my cred in the entertainment industry and that in that area through him. So growing up when I wanted to be a rapper, I had like these guys that was you know, real big, big in my city. I could just walk up to and be like, I'm cad out little brother, you know, like put me on like yeah, And then I'm from the side of the time. Where I'm from, it's a lot of Caucasian people, you know what I mean. So it was like everybody's like, oh, well, he ain't heod, he ain't gangs something like, oh no, I'm Kate, I'm little brother, Like yeah, I like, y'all can't respect this. So I started doing that and started involving myself heavy into that side of town, getting.
Speaker 3: More involved, more involved, more involved, more.
Speaker 4: Involved, and it just kind of blended into my life a lot more so I started kind of living that lifestyle a lot more heavy in the streets now. So at that time, I meet an influencer named Do Gang and shout out to Do Gang.
Speaker 3: He's carried, he's a character. So Gang is crazy.
Speaker 2: I used to say, I don't know if you can say whatever you want.
Speaker 3: I used to tell gag, he let his balls hang the hell you let your you a hell?
Speaker 2: What did you meet that like?
Speaker 3: This dude, he ain't scared of nothing. This nigga is not scared.
Speaker 1: Give me an example, all right.
Speaker 4: So the first prank he did right that with me. I didn't go in there, but I brought.
Speaker 2: This sounds like it's gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So this kid let me up. This kid walks. He had this thing that he would do. You know, I have a mom looking for the kid that's screaming the kid's name. He would go into public places and stand on the top of, like of any the highest thing he can find in the building and scream Chris.
Speaker 3: And then fall on the ground and starts shaking.
Speaker 1: Why because like he was scared that.
Speaker 3: He have someone recording him. So he was trying for viral.
Speaker 4: It was working, like he started like a gas station, and then he went to the college and then so this is when he meets me, and I'm like, yo.
Speaker 3: Bro, I don't know our till him. So I'm like, yo, you really want to go big.
Speaker 4: Because I've always been like a manager type person to help people, like because when I started my music career, I started doing these, uh these what they call go DJ conferences and these conferences. I'll go to these conferences and start learning music business. So I really started involving myself in the music business side.
Speaker 2: First smart because that's a crazy business.
Speaker 3: Crazy business.
Speaker 4: So I went there first, so I had all this knowledge about music business. So when I met him, I was like, Yo, someone managed this kid. He'd be crazy because like this viral stuff is going on. So he's like, I was like, Yo, if you want to go crazy, bro, you gotta go over the top next level. I bet you won't run that Penel Costa church and do that. It's the biggest Pentecostal church in the neighborhood, in the in the city.
Speaker 1: You told him that, Dare, and he did it, I clearly because you said his balls hang to hell? What'd you say?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, listen. He tell me he walked in that church. It's at least three hundred people in there.
Speaker 4: I might be always at least a hundred at least hundred people. I'm like at least hundred people. So he walks in there and he's like everyone's sitting down, the pastor's preaching, and he's on all the you know, the screens to tell her.
Speaker 3: And he's walking.
Speaker 4: He's bee lining to the stage, lining like he's already past security, the usher or whatever.
Speaker 3: He's bee lining like.
Speaker 4: And now, mind you, he's a tall, light skinned kid, blue eyes face.
Speaker 1: No, he's a he's a red bones and he.
Speaker 4: Read bone you so listen. He bee lines to the stage, gets the pastors. At this point, the pastor is still preaching looking at him. He's next to the pastor and he screams.
Speaker 1: Christ, Chris, where are you?
Speaker 3: I got the pizza rods and everything.
Speaker 4: They tackle him, fear him off the stage, hog, tie him, bring him outside, put him on a stretcher.
Speaker 3: Yes, goes to jail from the church, straight to jail.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's all being taped.
Speaker 3: Man, this guy.
Speaker 4: Made the news that day. So yeah, back to do gang. So yeah, I was telling him to do it and we started getting hit up by world star a lot. And and by the way, so so do game real street like he real street. So he don't really at that time, I say now because he's grown a lot.
Speaker 3: But at that time he didn't know how to like talk business.
Speaker 4: You know, he didn't like if you hit him up there was an opportunity, and he didn't see it immediately as an opportunity. He would just be like yeah, he like, bro, what's this and just ignore it?
Speaker 3: Wow totally.
Speaker 4: So like I started running his dms for him, so I'm running his dms, and I'm noticing like a lot of up and coming influencers are hitting them up like trying to work. He's passing like man, she like sway, you can work with him. So I'm like all right, yeah, So I'm hitting him up like yo, I'll work with you.
Speaker 3: I'm his manager, and they're just like all right cool.
Speaker 4: So over time we ended up like linking with the guy from World Store.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Steve Aileen.
Speaker 4: Man, he's like a lot of people don't know, like in like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, world Stars making a lot of sketch comedians famous, like influencers like.
Speaker 1: Literally yeah, yeah, Like they had a lot of power back. I mean they probably still do. I just haven't been on the.
Speaker 3: Well it's not in that arrange no more.
Speaker 4: Because I can tell you why because I know, I know they're Americans of this, and I could tell y'all why because nobody else the officially work with world Star.
Speaker 3: I work.
Speaker 4: I'm an affiliated, so I can tell you what happened why they stopped making people famous. And this is around the era, right, So they had a guy named Steve Alien and he was like so world Star at the time, had like three three content guys. Oh I don't know if it was a girl guy at that time, just knew Steve Allen was one of them. And so they would post three three These guys had jobs to post three different times a day. So then you had one guy in the morning, one guy and even one guy late night and they would post whatever they want. But they had like a method, you know, when they would look for They had, you know, a standing and what they looked for. But if you were a sketch comedian and they liked you, they made you famous.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Literally, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, literally, because like if they're posting you every day, every day, Yeah, and you're getting not just a couple of them, you're getting He's in millions of views.
Speaker 3: Drian, his name is Dorian. Do Gang used to get do gang us.
Speaker 4: He lost three pages in the in the time span and me working with him. He would lose his page and he would help Stephen like yo and then Steve long as the quality was there and it was funny, he had Steve post him. He lose his page, he'd be back in sixty thousand folls in two days.
Speaker 3: Wow, no joke.
Speaker 4: So talking with the world star would post him, he would turn his phone out. We'll go to sleep and like turn his phone out. He wake up forty sixty.
Speaker 1: Wow, like nothing, And you guys had to straight connect, straight connect.
Speaker 2: So then what happened.
Speaker 3: So what happened was so this is when it got shaky for us.
Speaker 4: And at this time, it's like I'm starting to try to like, oh, hold up, let me get in his influence and stuff too.
Speaker 3: Let me yeah, let me do some skids too, Like all right, Steve.
Speaker 4: This is what you want because he's telling us what you want to see, how to like the format, like how to post it, what he wants to know, Like it's a format to it. So it's a formula to this work, to this, to this content.
Speaker 3: Stu.
Speaker 4: I tell a lot of people they think it's just shoot stuff. It's cool to just shoot shit because you want to start. That's how you want to start. You want to just start shooting. Have the content because if you ain't got to post it, you have it because you're practicing. You know, you're getting you know what I mean, And you get better because you start creticking yourself if you're really serious, and then you start like you know, paying attention to everybody else that's doing it, like, oh, that's how they did this, and that's how do you work with other influences. You get tips, Oh what do you use to edit? Oh this, oh this, I got influences. They use the same editing programs from five years ago, and they got I mean, new influences. Then they using the same editing programs that these newer influences using. Let me get that, you know, let me learn this. So that's how I was able to keep up. But what Steve does is so Steve is uh the guy that I know. That's that's supposed. And so what I started doing is start I started paying attention to Steve and what type of influences he liked?
Speaker 3: M hm, you feel me?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, Steve, like these times I can manage these, I can make money, Like I'll start management agency managing.
Speaker 3: I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Should entrepreneur should have been at the top of your list.
Speaker 4: I like, Steve, I'm gonna do. I'm paying attention, I'm learning, you feel me. So I'm like, all right, I'm watching Steve. Well, Steve, Steve fucked up, Okay, he ain't get fired.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what happened. He might have got fired. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know he's still around. Uh, Steve had I don't know if he got drunk or whatever. I don't know what happened. But Steve had posted himself one.
Speaker 1: Day like posting himself too.
Speaker 4: Who once he was like taking like a hookah tooke and like, I don't know, Steve was on.
Speaker 3: Steve sucked it up.
Speaker 1: All so you but went ahead and you did create the You started managing the influencers and start pun on it.
Speaker 4: I'm in the d MS of Dorian Dorian's hot. He's on the World Store, which brings me to which brings all up and coming influencers to his page, to his his d ms. They're coming from Steve follow So I'm I'm pipelined. So I'm I'm uh and I can name. I'm the fox out guys from Denver. I meet the long neck guy, you know, I mean, I'm in I'm meeting shout out to long Neck.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Why I mean just recent me, why Neck, Well, Gucci Berry. These are influencers that now now it's another. Now it's another we're in another level. Now we had another influencer. Let's say era now because you know this influencer, this, this, this social media world is quick within three, like three months for us on social media is a year damn near.
Speaker 3: It's like it goes.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, because it's so quick, the career is over that everything because it's so fast.
Speaker 4: It's like today's news next week. Nobody might not care it's that fast. But it wasn't that fast first start gradually getting faster and faster and faster and fast. Now we're at the point where were live streaming. Now you know, it ain't about yesterday's content. It's about the right now content. It used to be about the last week's content. It used to be about last month's content. Before that, it was like last year's content, you know, because it wasn't nowhere.
Speaker 3: It was social media.
Speaker 4: Instagram was pictures, it wasn't videos. We didn't know what was happening right now, you know. So it's like things are, things are graduating you and I'm graduating with it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, you be able to adapt so fast quick.
Speaker 3: And then so this is happening. So I'm like.
Speaker 4: All these influences are are are are I'm building relationships with now? So me and Dorian was like, all right, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: And then where do you go?
Speaker 4: So I had my savings and Dorian was just like saving up too, and I didn't know, but he saved up before me. I had my savings already, but he had. He was saving up. And then Steve was like, come meet me in Miami and he's like, all right, let's go. I was like, man, we got to visit or I don't know. He like, let's go, he said. Steve said, pull up, and I'm like what we doing. He's like, man, I don't don't get in the call. I'm like, bro, we can't take my car.
Speaker 3: It's a hoop. They're like, so I meet this girl. I'm talking to. This girl is about to get better.
Speaker 2: The second the girl answers, it gets better.
Speaker 5: To this girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got like she got him. She fucking with me, so.
Speaker 1: She got paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So she like, I bring y'all, y'all wanna go Miami, Come on, let's go. We're like, let's go, bro, let's go. So were jumping the car, so we pull up. He gon met Steve at the time. He dring here had another another guy he was working like like it's like I wouldn't call him like we called it a role manager, because like he wasn't with him. I guess I would be the role man. I don't know one of them. But he was like the other guy, you know what I mean. He knew stuff that I didn't know because I'm like coming from my little Gusiana, you know, I don't know too much about I don't know enough people outside of the entertainment industry in Southwest Louisia and Houston areas like that.
Speaker 3: I ain't never been nowhere.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm depending on him to make those, you know, those connections, and so.
Speaker 3: We go meet him.
Speaker 4: We stayed with him in the airbnb for like a week, and now you know we had he happen to meet with Steve. I don't even meet Steve that day, so I just have to talk to Steve, to his his DMS and stuff like that. So he was like I'm staying.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, and I'm like, where you're gonna live? He sounds like his mama, sir sir, like I'm staying where sir?
Speaker 2: You know the airbnb is up in twelve hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not kidding you. True story.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all, we are back with Swayed in the kitchen. You are about to cook me dinner tonight, and I'm starving. But you know, I hear this little bit of cake involved, so I'm excited. So just walk us through your ingredients one more time.
Speaker 4: So we have some turkey met here. We have some corn bread mix made of sauce, corn, golden corn, and one.
Speaker 3: Egg, some water, a little bit of sugar, and some.
Speaker 1: Butter awesome and milk I think said milk and milk awesome, So start feeding me.
Speaker 4: We got some seasoning. You got some the Holy Trinity seasoning right here. And if y'all didn't know a whole tree, it would be green peppers, onions and celery. But we found we found a collaf of mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, guys, it's my first time ever hearing about the seasoning. But it tastes really really good, really good.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: And we got it at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this whole dish was like under ten dollars at Walmart. Very impressed. I did not know that you can pull off a whole meal. I grew with ten dollars. But let's let's make it happen.
Speaker 4: Feed me please, okay, so let me let me go ahead, and we're gonna start the corner bird.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I'm gonna take this mix right here. Boom. We're gonna get this bowl for him right here. That's take.
Speaker 2: I'll be a little backward chef.
Speaker 1: You know what air I don't right here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So we got our egg, go through our egg in there, crack our eggs like that, drop our egg and there my glove on just went.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's I usually just use the club for the meat.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we got some milk, We got our milk going inside. Oh, y'all like So then we're gonna have this corn brand mix. And the thing I like about this corn brand is see it's the trick is the corn brand.
Speaker 3: It's all.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: We have a sugaryes yeah, I see you keep asking for more and more sugar.
Speaker 3: You like that? All right?
Speaker 4: So you know, we like to serve diabetes on the plate sometimes, so okay, yeah, so we like to serve diabetes on the plate sometimes. So I'm gonna give you a little bit of that today. It's good diabetes though. See we can get this open. I'm gonna use the teacher.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to help you? I'll help you.
Speaker 2: I'll be your help me.
Speaker 3: Try to use the little tiger bite, but it don't want it. I'm gonna grab my whisker. You know this is I'm gonna use a fort See. You gotta get good over it. Okay, let's take my turkey. Put it over here.
Speaker 1: You know we should we should have me helping you for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to help? You want to You want a whiskey?
Speaker 1: The whiskey, guys, I could cook at home. Just whip whip it all right? There, I got it open, So you want me to just dump it?
Speaker 3: Dump it there? Do you want me to whis Yeah? Yeah, we call it whippit it whipping it. I'll whip it.
Speaker 5: It's whi with a deep whibbitted.
Speaker 3: What is it? Whibbitted?
Speaker 1: Is that for real?
Speaker 3: Let's whippit it? Okay, wit y'all? All right, you're back.
Speaker 2: So I've actually I don't think i've ever made corn bread.
Speaker 1: You know, when growing up, you know your mom, you know back at the I don't know about current moms, but you know they make the cookies from scratch, but nowadays with everything instant.
Speaker 3: So next is the brown on me? If we get our corn, we're gonna put the oven on four. We got the other on for it.
Speaker 1: Yep, we have the oven preheated.
Speaker 3: Stick that in there. When we get that in a panel, and.
Speaker 2: Then it's it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be a little lumpy, right, that's.
Speaker 3: What it's up.
Speaker 1: Whibbity wibity whibity, break the wrists.
Speaker 3: All right, back in back in my project days.
Speaker 1: You know, so is this batter? It tastes as good as regular batter or no? Like you know when you do cake better? Are you gonna add sugar?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask sugar, I'm gonna add what is this?
Speaker 5: I mean, what is this.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna add? I'm gonna let you add. We're gonna add two tablespooms?
Speaker 5: What? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel that.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Diabetes? That's crazy, alright, I'm extending that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's gonna be good. You don't like it, Oh my gosh, you have diabetes? Mindy chance I don't.
Speaker 4: And I'm never I never will. I'm gonna manifest that right now. Yeah, I have family members.
Speaker 3: That have.
Speaker 1: You know, diabetes kind of genetic alright, manifest away.
Speaker 3: But I think about me. My dad has eleven brothers and sisters. I'm sorry, it's all done. My dad had twelve brothers thirteen.
Speaker 4: My mom had ten brothers and sisters, so it's eleven in them.
Speaker 3: Wow, So yeah, I have a huge family.
Speaker 2: How many kids does your dad have total?
Speaker 4: That's my I'm not saying my dad, my grandmother they are you know their dad had. My dad has thirteen, I mean twelve siblings. Basically my mom has eleven sils. It's ten of them, I mean she.
Speaker 1: Has Did they repeat the cycle though?
Speaker 2: Did they end up all having a lot of mom didn't have a lot of kids, sad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she just has us and then my dad had four. So it's fun aside. So yeah, we're gonna pull.
Speaker 3: Him in there.
Speaker 2: Did he have three with your mom and then or does he have like.
Speaker 4: He has one before us and then three of us with my mom? Okay, yeah, but like I said, he has eleven brothers and sisters. Twelve brothers and sisters, and my mom has a ten brothers sisters, eleven of them.
Speaker 1: I did not know was this easy to make?
Speaker 2: Corn bread?
Speaker 3: Have a huge family. Yes, it's easy.
Speaker 1: This is stupid easy.
Speaker 3: All right, the.
Speaker 2: Guys, let me know when you're hiring.
Speaker 3: You know, I almost forgot, but I think you've done it, dude, better this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate it. I'm a good chef mate, you know, if you ever need me in your kitchen.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna start browning on me. So I'm gonna I'm gonna put this cook top on about four because I want to start it low. Okay, you can take my gloves.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had guests on this show literally reach into the met with their bare hands in the middle of recording, and I'm like, so, now I'm just gonna keep a glove for y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna use this guy.
Speaker 5: But now.
Speaker 1: I'm watching you cook ladies. Ladies, I'm gonna let you know what the deal is.
Speaker 3: You know. So you was that I put a little a little bit of all.
Speaker 4: But but I feel like this week we'll be able to make its own awful.
Speaker 3: What we do, what we're going for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Turkey does.
Speaker 3: So I'll put a little bit of him along here, and then we're gonna use it all.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna use it all. We're going to oh, I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 4: So that can just brown it. I just want to brown it and then we're gonna drain it. Then we're gonna get to work.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you ate this dish?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the last time I ate this dish?
Speaker 4: Oh, let me see. Let's see a cool No. I went home one time, probably three years ago. My sister was making it, so I had a little bit of it. But last time I made it, it had to be a cool seven to eight years now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're good. You're in a good position in like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I actually kind of missed doing this.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know what's funny.
Speaker 4: Once you booke me to do the show, I actually like I had made I see the list that I made.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Like three of those meals, I was like, yeah, well I'm about to make these again.
Speaker 1: You said you are, You're not going on over here?
Speaker 3: I cook like to them, I'm cooking one in the morning day. So I was like, yeah, I do that because I got a house full of boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'll be moving all my friends in from Louisiana.
Speaker 1: So is your house like a party house or is it like just everyone who's focused. Come join the squad.
Speaker 3: What depends what is.
Speaker 4: It depends on what day it is.
Speaker 1: This dude took one for the team for us today. Shout out to Shout out to l R.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna wait for you.
Speaker 1: This looks delicious because the sauce is like melting with the corn bread. You could already see the vision. All right, So corn bread brown turkey corn looks good. The only difference is I probably would have made the corn bread and then I would have put the sauce on.
Speaker 3: Top, on top. I didn't know if you wanted it on top not.
Speaker 1: I'm just excited. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Let me give me some.
Speaker 1: Cheers.
Speaker 6: Okay, m hm, brilliant, brilliant quick cook up.
Speaker 1: This is actually a brilliant dish. No one's made this on my show. I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Hey, you need a real poe man. The corn bread is slapping, low yo.
Speaker 1: This is a brilliant dish. This is genius.
Speaker 3: I'm homely too.
Speaker 1: I was thinking you were gonna make some kind of pasta, but the corn bread with this is slapping.
Speaker 3: M hmm. I did my job. I feel good eating it.
Speaker 1: Ten out of ten guys, I'm not even gonna lie. This dish is fantastic. I don't know if it's because I'm starving, but the cornbread, the sweetness, the meat, it's just an amazing dish. This should be like a pop.
Speaker 2: Pie or something.
Speaker 1: Right, you know there's something it's delicious.
Speaker 3: It could be hotly, it could be maybe were owned something. We're gonna call it poll man pop.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I was questioning the corn, but the corn asks that adds that extra texture. I was like, why corn?
Speaker 3: I just add something for it?
Speaker 1: Man, the corn is everything on this dish.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got something for you. I wanna try something else, surprise for you.
Speaker 2: I'll try anything you cook at this point, invite me over to dinner.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 3: Something we call it's a rendition right here.
Speaker 5: Okay, we call this cush cush, cush cush.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna smoke, right, I'm gonna use this milk. Yeah, okay, you ready milk with our meal.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna take this, okay, m salad and then I'm gonna take some wore. Come brin. Okay, eat your corn bread. You canna eat your corn.
Speaker 1: It's so delicious.
Speaker 3: It's amazingly, sugar man says it off.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, and this is like a almost like a cereal dish.
Speaker 5: USh.
Speaker 4: Right, So you take the corn bread, break that corn bread up a little bit like that.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that every house in Louisiana has corn bread.
Speaker 3: Man with some cornbrea eating corn bread, eat some dishes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so has your son had this dish?
Speaker 3: I don't think he has.
Speaker 4: He was Texas race. What I means from this, well, he was a key. He's a baby when he's younger. He moved over there when he's like ten. All right, so you basically just eat this.
Speaker 1: Like for the record, this dish is fantastic.
Speaker 2: I will make this at home. This ain't pol.
Speaker 1: This is good. This is great.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: We can go to the restaurant pay for this.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it's good. All right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now we got cush.
Speaker 3: Cush, cush, cush cush. We might need spoons with this.
Speaker 1: We got spose Nope, we don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we can try so to commercial everybody commerce. We were right back. What's how we pop back with spoons? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Ok like three minutes listen, a really good ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, here we go, We're back. Cush cush got the spoons, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's basically like a cereal.
Speaker 4: Okay, so sounds crazy, okay, but it's like a dinner cereal.
Speaker 1: It definitely sounds crazy.
Speaker 3: Got tried out.
Speaker 1: You have to eat it really fast so it doesn't get well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before it gets soggy. But you want to like.
Speaker 1: Not a crazy amount of melton, okay, just a little bit. Yeah, this doesn't look like something I would eat, but let's try it.
Speaker 3: That is that? Yeah, you gotta chop up your chop up here, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't want everything to get too soggy.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a little brown spots on. Let's give it. Just give it a good bite, all right. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let's see, cush cush. It's good. It's good, but I would want to eat it before it gets all soggy.
Speaker 3: Like cereal.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant though.
Speaker 1: You know what, I can't even hate on it.
Speaker 3: It's too.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 3: I give eat a sauce today. Mm hm.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can be poor with you?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I think it's a government whom up with the crush crush man, somebody, grandma, somebody this has been around.
Speaker 2: He was like, do you want breakfast this morning?
Speaker 3: All we got is put it together.
Speaker 5: Let's figure out.
Speaker 1: Delicious.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you this goes way.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't know if this dish is so delicious, I'm starving.
Speaker 2: It's just genuinely.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So out of both dishes he gave me a full meal, he gave me dessert.
Speaker 3: Is this dessert or is this like a dead dessert? I don't know what to call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's delicious. The meal amazing. The dessert slash cereal slash. It's literally milk and corn bread and a bowl broken up. It's it's good. Yeah, you should call all your dishes ten ways to make corn bread into a meal? Right, but ten out of ten? Thank you so much for cooking me dinner and taking time to move around with me.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of fun today. I was hella stressed out, but hanging out with you and your crew and just getting to know you. You're such a sweet person. I really believe you have a long journey to go. I did want to touch on one thing before or we close out. You guys can follow Swayde on Instagram at god car Leone c A R L E O N.
Speaker 3: Because my name is Leon.
Speaker 1: But one of the things that we didn't get to talk about is that you do have a class or you did teach a class or.
Speaker 3: I had of course that I did.
Speaker 4: I still have it, as I haven't been as act some Patreon creators course for influencers and creators and upcoming sketch comedians, so I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: I'm working on a rendition of it now the old courses and that as up to date, but it'll be out. I'll have it up for like two months. Yeah.
Speaker 1: For anybody that's looking to be in the influencer digital social media space, I definitely advise check out the course, check out the course, take notes because obviously you're the way you live your life. You're constantly schooling yourself and I like that. But I'm very impressed with you, and I'm so thankful you took time out your day to cook for me and bless our listeners with your store worry.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Keep up y'all.
Speaker 7: Peace out
Speaker 1: For more eating while broke from iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.