Speaker 1: Well, I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: But you're a guess to my home.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no, guess, your presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff.
Speaker 2: So how did you dare to surbey me? Welcome to I said, no gifts, temperature winegar. We are in the backyard. You know, we're just doing studio or backyard on a case by basis. Usually the cases that I want to be in the backyard. And that's how I felt today. So we're back here. It's lovely. What else is going on? Just keep reminding you about the upcoming live show. I mean it's closing in in a way that we should all be panicking at this point. If there are tickets left, you can get one. Otherwise you can get the live stream, and you know, just a reminder. We have Bow and Yang, we have Jeff Hiller, we have Sydney Washington and music from Fen Lily. I mean, if this doesn't do it for you, unsubscribe, stop subscribing to your cable service or your internet service. Just leave the grid, because I don't need you anymore. Now, is there anything else going on? Thank God? I have that to talk about because there's simply nothing else happening in my life. I am wearing a belt, so that's you know, maybe I'm try wearing a belt a little more often. I'm trying to just look like a put together person. Okay, let's get into the podcast. I adore today's guest. It's Genevieve Angelson. Genevieve, welcome to I said no gifts.
Speaker 3: I've already broken. I'm wearing a belt because I identify so deep.
Speaker 2: You've got a belt on. Is this a recent edition?
Speaker 3: I'm really glad you noticed. This is actually all of this is stolen.
Speaker 2: From from a retailer or from a friend, a family member.
Speaker 3: From the costumes department on a television show called The Chicken Sister. Oh.
Speaker 2: Getting free clothing from a costume department. I mean, that's the ultimate.
Speaker 3: It's so much harder to do than people realize. People think you get to keep all of your costumes. I've kept almost none over the years. They never offer this person. Ariana Priest was just such a homie that I was able to look her in the eye and say, I'm not doing this blank.
Speaker 2: Twice I'm not going because it kind of wasn't under the table transaction.
Speaker 3: Was It absolutely wasn't under the table transaction. That's right.
Speaker 2: What else are they going to do with those clothes though, it's like they were made or picked out for you for the actors.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Just let them have the clothes.
Speaker 3: They're not going to return them to Tzara. That Zara's moved on.
Speaker 2: That's another type of production. That's the sort of thing I'm making. Save all of the receipts, don't take any of the tags off. We're taking this back. We don't have the budget for this.
Speaker 3: I like to think. I think ostensibly they keep all the costumes in case there is some sort of a either a reshoot or some sort of a plot line that means that you have a flashback and you need that. I like to think that they hold on to them because what they're going to do at Hallmark Plus is they're going to have a charity auction and that the show is going to be so successful that just that costume that I wear and that one montage frame is going to garner millions.
Speaker 2: For thousand, climate change, climate change, animal rescue. It's going to solve every issue, or it's going to be on one of those a mannequins at Planet Hollywood when they reopen, when they relaunch Planet Hollywood as a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Just the fact that I've stolen this costume is why we will all die from climate change. That I am so so selfish.
Speaker 2: But look, listen to this. I already have a storyline for next season Genevieve's character. I don't know what's the character's name. May her favorite belt has gone missing. There you go, she never finds the favorite belt again, because it's actually at your home.
Speaker 3: I'd watch it.
Speaker 2: There we go, Hallmark, Hallmark Plus.
Speaker 3: Is that what we're tekting right? It's a new stream reach.
Speaker 2: Out to me, Hallmark reach out. I've got storylines galore, most of them to do with belts and excess sprace. I got a belt I speaking of stolen belt, I actually did steal one a few months ago from a thrift store in Utah. Beautiful green belt with kind of a space age buckle. It's definitely a women's belt, but it's like, this is for me.
Speaker 3: I can't even picture a space age buckle. What did they wear? Buckles? Do they wear?
Speaker 2: It's kind of I would say Jetson's esque. If that makes any sense. Sure, what's the wife's name on the Jetson's.
Speaker 3: Not ready, That's the only one I can.
Speaker 2: Think, Samantha no on a lease, Jane, Jane, Jane Jetson playing Jane.
Speaker 3: Jetson, snipering in with the all time?
Speaker 2: What's the husband's name? Now? I'm just gonna I was going to sing, and then I realized I couldn't. George George, Oh yeah, of course George. I can only think of the Flintstones theme song. Is it similar to the Jetson's We're the Jetson?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no it it's Do Do.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: That's I dream of.
Speaker 2: That's my dream of Genie or but Witch. That sounds like a love boat to me or something. That's what I hear. We have to be able to just we're talking over dissecting.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, Judson's is Jetson's Meet the Jetson right now? You're doing You're flint Stones. I met George.
Speaker 2: That's it his boy. Al Right, Well, now I know why we don't remember it. It's that's barely a song compared to the flint Stones. Oh well, the Jetson's they need to rethink, maybe go back in with computers and replace that. All of the old episodes, they're solid on buckles. Buckle, back to the buckle. We cannot forget this buckle. It's gorgeous gold. The belt is green. I thought this is the accessory for me. It was too big, as most belts i'm learning are outside of Dren's belts.
Speaker 3: If you don't know Bridger, he's very spelt.
Speaker 2: I'm a tiny little bug.
Speaker 3: I would not describe you as tiny.
Speaker 2: I just many people have, many people have.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to be more like Conan in person.
Speaker 2: I will say, oh, taller, yes, wow, you're going to be very tall to be putting out that energy you are. That's bad for a small person to be putting out tall energy. That doesn't work, that's bad.
Speaker 3: It does not read as you know insecurity.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm looking right at the camera. That's bad news.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: A small person with a tall personality.
Speaker 3: No, here's what I just imagined you as a young buck in Utah, tall, closeted and thoughtful. And I just thought, you know, up there in the clouds you were having really important.
Speaker 2: Tall closeted and thoughtful. The Bridger Winders Story hall Mark reach Out there's the next show.
Speaker 3: Did we gloss over that you stole this bat?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, it was stolen from Deseret Industries. Now they're gonna put my picture up on the wall. That's name of the thrift store. It's a chain of thrift stores through Utah, which I just apparently can't stop stealing from. I've been stealing there since high school. But I stole the belt. Thought this looks great, but it was too big, so I ordered a belt whole punch. Have you ever seen one of these things?
Speaker 3: Yes, But I'm I'm really I'm having a hard time moving on from how competently you're to shop.
Speaker 2: But I'm just asking them to take me to court.
Speaker 3: Bearing them really.
Speaker 2: Ruin me. Deseret Industries, come at me. This could all be a lie. I'm lying. This is all for show, for my to make people think I have a tall personality.
Speaker 3: Also that no one wanted the green and belt with the space age bucket.
Speaker 2: Oh this, I mean this is it was an absolute uh what is it called the rough jam? And so I brought it home. I bought the belt punch, which I suggest everyone does. It's like nine dollars or something, such an efficient product. And then I used it to ruin the belt because I went crazy. I made a whole bunch of holes in it, and they're all over the place. And now the belt is unwearable and there's no there's no turning back, there's no like putting glue in there or anything. It's now this beautiful thing hanging in that I just can't use.
Speaker 3: This is very challenging because there's no worse podcast fodder than the sound of me laughing all the time. I have to keep moving the mic away.
Speaker 4: We're going allowed to laugh into the mic. Gennepebo was gonna tell you can.
Speaker 2: We're editing all of your audio out, so it's just me yelling into the air what I say.
Speaker 3: Every time they do someone else's coverage on my show. I'm never going to use.
Speaker 2: It, and Broly should I go. I want to go get the belt, just to show you how embarrassing this is for everybody. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: I hear the little jingle jangle of Santa Sleigh, but in fact, here it comes. It's belt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have the belt and I've rolled it up because I want to do kind of a reveal. We'll start with a good part. So look at this belt buckle. I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, not at all what I picture.
Speaker 2: A little tarnished, but gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It's really it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's very dark green. In this light, it's almost black, but it is green.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite shade of green. In fact, I've been looking for chairs in that color.
Speaker 2: Belt in this color.
Speaker 3: I need to take a picture of it.
Speaker 2: And now we're going to do the slow reveal of how many holes have been punched into this? Oh my god, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, I think eleven. There's so many.
Speaker 3: What was it just so satisfying that you couldn't stop?
Speaker 2: No, I was panicing.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe you were. I had like a tapeworm or something, and you were in a process of drastic I'm.
Speaker 2: Just doing this in the hospital weight loss. I was rapidly shrinking while putting it on, getting smaller and smaller. It had some sort of potion. But that's just simply ruined. I mean, there's no.
Speaker 3: I guess this point is the right one for you.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of these I still think none of them work for me. But now I'm thinking maybe I just put holes all around.
Speaker 3: Sure that was part of the I'm sorry what happened?
Speaker 2: It looks like there were initially one, two, three, i'll say, probably four holes in this now then we started going crazy and ended up putting at least six to seven more holes in it.
Speaker 3: And it was just that you couldn't get it tight enough, I guess so or And it wasn't about the satisfaction of just.
Speaker 2: It is very satisfying thing. I will say that. So that may have played into it a little bit, because you're like, success, I got another hole in it. But look, I mean it's just like they're not even in a row. I mean, this is somebody who was having an absolute meltdown. I don't know. I don't even know how to describe it. I mean, it's sad.
Speaker 3: I don't think all is lost. I think it's really beautiful.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: And it just looks like little ants scurrying off to their home empty handed.
Speaker 2: Might But now what I'm thinking is I wonder if I can take it somewhere and they just cut it and then turn, you know, like, what is the belt equivalent of a cobbler. Maybe a cobbler does that.
Speaker 3: I bet you could do it.
Speaker 2: They just flip it and seal it or whatever. Yeah, and then and you know that the cobbler's got his hands around my waist and he's breathing in.
Speaker 4: Take care of that.
Speaker 2: Oh great, this is having an affair with this cobbler.
Speaker 3: Erotic.
Speaker 2: Yes, up a little bit, and he says, I think we can work with this, and then he fixes my belt. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do with it. But that's you know, this is sometimes you just have to reveal how.
Speaker 3: I kind of want you to put it on. I kind of want to put it on.
Speaker 2: Should I put it on?
Speaker 3: Put it on? He does have just an incredibly delicate waist, broad shouldered. This is for the listener of the viewer.
Speaker 2: Listener, I've taken my first belt off. I'm slow. I was on my way to undressing, but now we're immediately dressing again with this belt that does not fit me and looks like somebody who's on the verge of doing something very dangerous. So it is okay. So it is simply too big. So now we're getting to the final hole.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, oh, I do see what the problem is. What is that disease where people are having a like an allergic reaction that is terror from looking at too many.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right, the or something something like that.
Speaker 3: It's people who are devastatingly triggered by iPhones because of those three right clusters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this could really send some people into a tissy.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say the disease where people have holes in them. It's like racking my brain being shot by a machine gun.
Speaker 3: I think that's what happens to you when you contract ebola.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, maybe that's just something I made up in my nightmare. I mean, but ultimately do I'm going to ask both of you, Analis Genevieve, is this belt worth saving?
Speaker 3: Yes? It does need a life veest.
Speaker 2: Okay, it does need It's got too many, too many holes. It's embarrassing. But now that you know, now that I've revealed it publicly, I feel like it's probably probably time to go to the cobbler. You know.
Speaker 3: I think maybe if you put a grammet in the holes and made them look really intentional, there could be a kind of a kind of a S and M very punk. Yeah. Yeah, and yet Ralph Lauren, because it's that beautiful shade of green.
Speaker 2: And then I was as discussed essence. So it's a whole stew of things that we'll have people asking what is he wearing that in public?
Speaker 3: For yah, see the Jetsy.
Speaker 2: But I do like the color. It does feel like I'm being taught a lesson for stealing. I think that that's ultimately but I'm gonna, you know, I'm going to teach the universe a little something, and I'm gonna have a beautiful belt from a cobbler. Cobblers reach out. Okay, well, we've talked about this belt for probably fifteen to twenty minutes at this point, and that's totally fine. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm well, I'm a little sleepy, a little foggy. There's a full moon on top of us right now. I don't know if that's a thing that's that effects sleep. I would say just about everything affects my sleep, but the full moon is said that one of the symptoms can be that it wakes people up, and it did that for me last night.
Speaker 2: Because it's too bright, or just because the gravitational pull.
Speaker 3: I think I'm about to practice real armchair astrology right now. But I think that the idea is that the moon, it affects your emotions and so particularly a Pisces moon, which is what this full moon is, which is a very watery emotional sign. It's going to have a consequences for how you feel. To say nothing of the fact that we are also having a lunar eclipse. Oh, the lunar eclipse right now today?
Speaker 2: Is this something I can see? I always miss the eclipses.
Speaker 3: I think a lunar eclipse is something you are allowed to look at. Solar not so much unless you're running for.
Speaker 2: President, unless you we're president.
Speaker 3: We're a president, have been a president. That's right.
Speaker 2: I will say. That's the one thing I'm like, maybe that is the one thing Donald Trump did for us, which is say, look, you can look at you can look directly at an eclipse and not go completely blind. And so if we're ever tempted, we can say, well, unless he is blind and he's just not telling us, which is probably true.
Speaker 3: You might go certifiably insane. Your eyesight you can keep.
Speaker 2: That was the one piece of leadership that he did, right, which was stared directly into the sun during an eclipse, and not MythBusters. Yeah, Donald Trump's MythBusters. Register to vote, Register to vote, Register to vote.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: I think today is like National Register to Vote day. Oh you're kidding, Well, not the day that this airs, but today, the day that we're recording.
Speaker 2: And I assume by the time this comes out it's still okay to register to vote. You can register pretty late to vote. Listener, look into it for your state. You know, it's just such a scary time. Okay, So you've been the moon has been bothering you, So you're tired. Are you a big astrology person?
Speaker 3: I actually am, which gives me no pride to admit, but I find it to be so compelling. And when you think about the fact that the moon, for instance, can control bodies of water as large as oceans, you have to imagine that similarly, it can have an effect on a body of water as small as your own body. Interesting, And so I like to think of astrology in the following way. It's basically, let me try to find an articulate way to put this, it's basically a weather forecast. To think, you know, we are able to say, you know, it's going to rain on this day and the sun's going to come out on this day. How you feel about that is just how you feel about the rain. But it will be raining, So to follow something like mercury is in retrograde that is going to affect your particular astrological chart in whatever way that your chart is going to be affected by that. I'm doing such a bad job at being that.
Speaker 2: We're very clear for a while, and you kind of petered off, and that's fine because I think that you've just expressed exactly what needed to be expressed.
Speaker 3: I think the idea is that there is somehow a correlation between if we were to put this in Western terms, like magnetism of different planets in space with our planet, and so we are therefore affected emotionally by the different polls of these things. I have found it to be very consistent. And when is your birthday?
Speaker 2: October ninth? Okay, Jober ninth coming up? Everyone, don't forget so you're a Libra. I'm a Libra, but for that brief period for something else, so.
Speaker 3: That what would be consistent about you being a Libra is that you are the sign that is has this sort of most beautiful placement for friendship and relationships, and you have a whole podcast that's about getting to know people.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, you also.
Speaker 3: Are a sign that's incredibly devoted to beauty. Oh, I'm only mentioning this because people sort of connote libras with being very into justice and very like hardwire for parody. Right, also true.
Speaker 2: For me, I mean the beauty thing, look at this belt. Obviously, I am absolutely about justice and making sure everything's fair and oh and the friend thing truly causes me a lot of stress.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, are you a little codependent?
Speaker 2: Not? No, I'm not code. I'm actually very independent. But where it causes trouble is I tend to like a large swath of people. I can find something I enjoy about anybody. There are a few, and when you're on the opposite end, I'm I'm spreading the word about how much I hate you. But for the rest of them, I have all these people in my life that I like, but especially within like this horrible entertainment business in Los Angeles, most people don't like each other or jealous of each other, So I like, I feel like I'm friends with people who don't like each other frequently, and so there's always the like, I have to invite this person, but then I can't.
Speaker 3: Invite this person that is codependent. That's codependent. Well, what you just described is a little bit like that. It's totally you are living in your own right to be able to keep in your circle whoever you want, and it's up to them to be You sort of give them the respect and dignity of being adults by deciding that they do or don't want to put themselves in the container that you invite all of these people to.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess that's interesting because that makes me really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as opposed to I dignify all of my relationships with love and respect, and I, you know, it's up to those people to work out what they do and don't want for themselves. But I don't change who I am to please other people.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So yeah, that is one element of me that's unfortunate which I refuse to change.
Speaker 3: So Sun Sin astrology is sort of a dangdong thing to practice, which is to say, it's kind of like saying a person is irish and so therefore they love drinking and that's their whole personality. You have racism, that's right. You have every planet in your chart. So to actually talk about why you are the way you are, i'd want to know about your rising sign, your moon sign where your venus is placed.
Speaker 2: All of these things, and see, these things are far beyond my grasp. I simply know that I'm a Libra, and I can't tell you anything else about who I am.
Speaker 3: Oh I could talk about it's fright, But I do have.
Speaker 2: My birth charts somewhere. I've got to find it, find out more about who I am. Are you Irish?
Speaker 3: I am? I'm Irish and Jewish?
Speaker 2: Okay? Interesting, I've ever been a victim of Irish hatred? I feel like we've kind of moved past that as a society.
Speaker 3: But you know, you don't know so many other things.
Speaker 2: The Irish really took a beating for a minute.
Speaker 3: They did, they did. I think you know, Turn of the century in New York was a hard time, right. It's been a minute since then.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet there's a select group out there that are still like, Oh, the Irish.
Speaker 3: People have asked me before if I've been the subject of ginger. Oh, sure, hatred, hatred? What's the word discrimination?
Speaker 2: Right? No, you've never felt any of that. No, not even as a kid.
Speaker 3: No. Wow, I was blonde for a while.
Speaker 2: Secret, secret ginger.
Speaker 3: To those people not watching who have no idea. Who I am. Bridger and I are, in fact twins. If you're wondering what I look like, we are identical.
Speaker 2: Don't you lump me in with the Irish? This is Scottish. I want nothing to do with the Irish.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh, that's very exotic, very exotic.
Speaker 2: No, I've been reading a lot of Irish literature recently. Let's see, I've been reading. I've read two Claire Keegan books, which were both beautiful. I read this book, The Beasting, which was recommended to me, and then several others. I don't know why Irish authors just keep coming into my life. I guess because whatever, there must be some Irish traditionary.
Speaker 3: Twin is Irish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly?
Speaker 3: Is it? Lonely? Being a literate person in Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: Is that hard?
Speaker 2: It's very alienated?
Speaker 3: How do you read? How do I read? You, Kennel, I only know how to read screenplays?
Speaker 2: And then my line, I feel like you could be a reader. I read. You've got to do you read?
Speaker 3: I do read?
Speaker 2: How often?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to just force you to. I'm going to call you out as a fraud.
Speaker 3: I have a I do read. I'm currently reading a book, but I'm I guess I struggle with the loneliness and focus on when I'm on my own. Oh so often when I'm on my own, I prefer to listen to a podcast because I feel like I'm with a friend, which is why I am actually and I said, no gifts complete this, which is a mortifying thing.
Speaker 2: We just found you back here, and you're like, I guess we'll record something. I don't know what else to do with you. Okay, that's interesting, that's fair, that's fair, And I have no argument to get you back into reading.
Speaker 3: No, I'm into reading. And I've found that there's almost nothing more heartbreaking than finishing a book, because it's like stepping away from a friend. You'll oh he has died.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and then the panic of where's my next.
Speaker 3: Become a friend and what if this friend who's setting me up on a date with this other friend is wrong about what kinds of friends will be?
Speaker 2: Oh? And then you're deep into that relationship and your pages in you're bored. You're thinking, I can't get a divorce. Now. That's that's a that's a tough feeling. But I mean, look, speaking of struggling, having difficulty doing things, especially reading. You obviously got some emails about this podcast. I said, no gifts. The title was all over it just plastered on these emails, I assume, and you agreed to be on the podcast, and I I thought, genevievel come by or I'll find her in the backyard kind of lurking, and we'll make the best of it. We'll have a good time, and then she'll be on her way. So I was floored when I looked at you and saw that you were holding a gift bank. Genevieve, is this a gift for me?
Speaker 3: It is an Oh, I'm so, I know, I know, I understand, and I really am embarrassed to trample your boundaries.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: My mother would be horrified if I showed up at that hostess gift and host gift. And in the words of Goldie Hon from my favorite movie, Private Benjamin, I never show up anywhere empty handed. People of me. So I'm hoping you'll overlook.
Speaker 2: This, Goldie Hon. We love Goldiehan. There were a few episodes ago and we thought we may have led her into some danger as far as talking about her dying, But then she didn't die, and she's still alive, but now me bringing a back up, I'm just daring the universe to kill poor Goldiehan, who we all love. She's kind of.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Goldie doesn't deserve this, I mean, I think, I mean what she deserves is people talking about her constantly because she's kind of a glowing, wonderful just a fun presence, and so that's why we're talking about her. But unfortunately that leads to me kind of jinxing her safety.
Speaker 3: Why just my talking about her?
Speaker 2: Because I say, I hope I think like a beetlejuice thing some but oppositeian she suddenly appears. That's my dream. Go in a dark bathroom and stare into a mirror and say Goldiehan three times and you'll get a great tan.
Speaker 3: Or like a really really great long term partner that.
Speaker 2: You never will appear behind you. No, Goldiehan, we wish nothing but health and.
Speaker 3: Beauty and more Instagram posts.
Speaker 2: More Instagram posts, whenever she wants, just dazzling the world for decades. We love her. I don't even know where to go from talking about Goldiehan. You brought a gift. You're trying to distract me with Goldie Han, that's what you're doing. Sorry, Should I open it here on the podcast if you like? Okay, Well, it's in this kind of gorgeous holographic bag, which I love. This is one of my favorite types of gift bags. Silver, shimmering, taped, taped shut, kind of a prank over staple, dangerous cut myself. I'm reaching in and it's.
Speaker 3: Actually two gifts. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I the right one first.
Speaker 3: You may pull them both at.
Speaker 2: The same time, okay, reaching, reaching, reaching, Oh, okay, So the first one is a a bottle of it's marked. It lets you know what how many or what type of pills are in the bottle, whereas the other thing that I'm looking at, Okay, it does tell you that what this is, it's a gravel, gravel, gravel.
Speaker 3: If I could give the world a gift, it would be the gift of a good, nice rest, and I think the world would be a much better place. So something that the listener might not know about me is that I am, in fact I hold the title is the world's greatest insomniac. And oh it really a couple of years ago almost murdered me my own body, my inability to sleep, and so this was actually on the verge of lockdown, and I the most annoying thing on the planet is when someone finds out you can't sleep, and they say, have you tried dot dot dot, as though I haven't literally, motherfucking tried every absolute thing that exists. Wow, you name it, I've done it. I've heard of it, except for two things that when they were introduced to me, really changed my life. Right. So one of them is this thing gravel. This is a Canadian drug. It's over the counter. It's Canada's response to drama. Meine okay, and it's second so it is for motion sickness, but it's secondary off label uses for sustaining sleep cycles.
Speaker 2: Certain for the helicopter, they heard that there were Canadian drugs back that a.
Speaker 3: Good night's sleep was on offer and they were bringing in the military.
Speaker 2: This is the dea.
Speaker 3: So the kind of insomnia I have is that I can fall asleep, but I wake up every ninety minutes and sometimes I will be able to string together, you know, four to five of those cycles and I will feel fine. And that's what's been going on for me for the last stretch of time. And I'm so grateful for that. Other times, before I discovered gravel, I would only get two or three of those, and I started to lose my mind. Of course, a Canadian person told me that this is how Canadians prevent hangovers. Oh well, maybe mix this an alcohol. Maybe that's a good plan, right.
Speaker 2: Or helping the Irish stereotype.
Speaker 3: I want to say I have recently actually weaned myself off of gravel.
Speaker 2: Oh you're off of it.
Speaker 3: I'm off of it, and I'm onto magnesium glaconate, which is the next.
Speaker 2: This is the big bottle that you've given me.
Speaker 3: So this is for a fun night if you just really want a great night. And I say a fun night, I mean how much and.
Speaker 2: How quickly does it act?
Speaker 3: You know it won't put you to sleep, It'll just help you stay there. Interesting, I think. I mean I always take it before bed, and I would start with a half.
Speaker 2: So I take a full pill and get behind the wheel.
Speaker 3: Not no, I mean it is for motion sickness. It's not supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be supposed to how interesting. It's just once you access the sleep, it's like you're here.
Speaker 3: But now let me take you to this little smr.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, please, this is the model of zone.
Speaker 3: Do you know part of my insomnia journey was that I started my own ASMR channel.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 3: It has since been retired, but by the time this episode comes out, I think there will be a brand new video for the first time in years.
Speaker 2: Do you do requests? I would love to do a request searching and searching. I've talked about this before. I think my ASMR is like when you go to a national park or a museum and the whoever's in charge, the ranger or whatever gives you the map pulls out their highlighter and highlights where you need to go.
Speaker 3: No, I don't do requests.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, somebody's got to do this. I love that there's something said is really good, there's something so's there's.
Speaker 3: Plays for every Okay, so the ASMR, there's a whole other tangent. I don't need to take you down, And if the listener is ont initiated, just go to YouTube. But there is a whole community of artists on YouTube who who are devoted to con during these different triggers that help people relax. And I'm sure that there is a right play booked.
Speaker 2: I found some that are like adjacent, but they are not good, And then I actually don't want the role play some I think the helicopter, they're not leaving until you're we give up the drugs. What was I going to say, Oh, I found a role one that was close. It was, But if somebody literally like dressed up as a park ranger or something, and I think they were using a pen, which is not the sound I want.
Speaker 3: I want want to highlighter. I would suggest looking up librarian. I think there's if you look up librarian that you'll find a lot of paper sounds. Maybe school teacher. Okay, they like to teach things by pointing things.
Speaker 2: Bordering on the erotic. Here we're bordering on sexual fantasy.
Speaker 3: The thing is, is it so important to discern the wheat from the chap? It is not sexual. It's not that there's anything wrong alas snipering in with something for.
Speaker 2: Talking as Mr Long highlighting paper. But I do need the on Lisa's showing me this thing page turning in highlighting, but I need them also to.
Speaker 3: Be talking explaining.
Speaker 2: So it's this weird combination of like and this is how you get I am my cameo.
Speaker 3: I might do that kind of a request, but I'm not doing it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I need someone to tell me how to get to Old Faithful with a highlighter. That's essentially somebody is I've got to be out there do it.
Speaker 3: That's him. Christmas is coming.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but it continue.
Speaker 3: Okay. So for years people said to me magnesium magnesium and I thought, I've taken that calm magnesium powder. I've shipped my brains out. I understand it's not helping me sleep. If you don't know that, that's what magnesium powder does. That is what it does in fact, and I think it's probably very good for you in certain respects, good for your muscle repair, et cetera. It didn't move the needle for me. Magnesium glaconate. I wish someone had said, it's not magnesium citrate, it's magnesium glacinate. And I'll explain Magnesium glaconate also not going to put you to sleep, Okay, But once you're in there, the sleep you're gonna get is gonna be real and it's gonna be deep interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay. See, this is kind of This is appealing to me because I have dealt with insomnia in the past, stress based insomnia. There you go and I tried, h.
Speaker 3: I have something completely different for you for stress based in somnia that I didn't bring in. Its theanine.
Speaker 2: Oh, theanine.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I brought you these two things as though they're the only things I take to sleep. If you were to come over to my house, you'd see an actual buffet. Helsa fianine is the natural compound that's found in tea green and black. But it's not caffeinated. It's just the relaxing agent. And so you know, chemists have been able to, like all supplements, to take out this one property, right, make it in pill form, and I take about forty five hundred grams of that night.
Speaker 2: Every night, combined with this magnesium.
Speaker 3: Glycinate, magnesium glacinate combined with melatonin milk combined with five HTP.
Speaker 2: This is a full meal, that's right.
Speaker 3: So many snack.
Speaker 2: But I understand it, like when you get to that frustrating place and you're like, I will do whatever it takes in order to sleep through the night. And so how many pills total are you taking?
Speaker 3: I can, okay, hold on a second, one, two, three? Wait kinds of pills or number of pills?
Speaker 2: Let's hear both actually I'm very curious.
Speaker 3: Kinds of pills? One? Wow, this is so revealing.
Speaker 2: I'm not was it as many as there are holes in my belt? I think that's the question.
Speaker 3: Bless you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Not that?
Speaker 3: Okay? One, two, three, four, five? I think six kinds of pills, six kinds of pills, and the number of pills I take thine by the handful. So I don't know, because in the middle of the night, I'll just shake a couple into my palm. What. Yes, and it's a and you know what at this point is it? What is it Munchausen?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Placebo? Sure, Munchausen unless you have, like a who is Michael Jackson's doctor, doctor Conrad Murphy?
Speaker 3: Is that his name?
Speaker 2: I don't know what was that doctor's name? Propofal's a scary one. Do not on that?
Speaker 3: Are you no.
Speaker 2: Doctor Conrad Murray? And is he still alive? I feel like he may have died. He probably wants to die.
Speaker 3: I have to say, of all the things I'm taking, I do this is a point of pride because I'm obnoxious. Do whatever you need to do to go to the fuck to sleep. None of them are actually like drugs.
Speaker 2: They're all you know, supplements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also I don't take benadryl, which I think can cause dementia if you take it for long.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what it caused for me, because I was desperate to fall asleep. Have you ever heard of a paradoxical effect with pills? No?
Speaker 3: Oh, it wakes you up?
Speaker 2: It turned Yeah, my body was. I think I was awake for thirty six hours.
Speaker 3: That's what happened to me with trasi don Have you heard of Trasidon? No, it's what everyone takes except me.
Speaker 2: Oh isn't that a scary feeling?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And you think, oh, so I'm now permanently broken. Oh sure, Yeah, that was a very bad time in my life.
Speaker 3: So sorry.
Speaker 2: But at least I know if I ever do some like long haul trucking or whatever, I can do that instead of math. Yeah, not that all long haul truckers do math. I do believe it's I think there's a nickname for meth called trucker coffee, called.
Speaker 3: Truckerfee.
Speaker 4: Are you really struggling? Conrad Murray is still alive?
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding. He's still out there in the shadows.
Speaker 3: Is he out there? Or is he on the inside.
Speaker 2: Oh. Interesting, he brings up a lot of questions doctor Conrad Murray. Is he still licensed?
Speaker 3: Doesn't have other famous clients?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm sure he did right.
Speaker 4: In twenty sixteen, Inside Edition reported that Murray was still visiting patients, although he claimed that he does not charge patients anything for his services.
Speaker 5: Their life exactly providing a consultation whatever that means.
Speaker 3: No, he just does it for the joy of Oh. Sure, he just loves to give back.
Speaker 2: Who is still on board with this guy?
Speaker 3: Drug addicts Bridger for people addicted to drugs.
Speaker 2: He famously killed someone like a drug dealer. Us. Why wow, give me the Murray. I guess. Oh that's scary, but okay, so we do. I'm gonna do like a wellness check in with you every once in a while, just to make sure you're not in touch with doctor Conrad Murray.
Speaker 3: Oh, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You've got to just outlive him.
Speaker 3: If the insomnia gets too bad, you know, you'll go to any lengths, as you now know from I.
Speaker 2: Will do anything right now because I feel like I'm never going to sleep again. Oh how long has this been going on for you?
Speaker 3: Since I was about twenty six maybe, which was just one or two years ago. Oh gosh, it's been just this morning. Yeah, just this morning. It's been a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. Do you remember anything triggering it? Or was it just like, oh no, what's happening to me? Yes, not a good thing.
Speaker 3: I don't want it?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Isn't not as bad as that silence makes it sound.
Speaker 2: That's not a fair question.
Speaker 3: No, I was just I think that that was a time where I, I like, just entered into a really stressful situation, right, And it's not that I haven't healed that situation. Oh, this just sounds like I'm a really damaged bird. I'll say this. Everyone in my family struggles with this. This like is our genetic syntome.
Speaker 2: You're just waiting for something to wake it up. Yeah, I know. I apoze for It's not a pun or I don't know what that is, but that's a human Leave it in.
Speaker 3: Leave it in.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to. It was just the first word that came to mind.
Speaker 3: Uh No. But so I will say that I come from a whole family of late sleep. Okay, both of my parents, one of my sisters, and then there's the magical child who could sleep for thirty six hours?
Speaker 2: Are you jealous of them?
Speaker 3: Beyond?
Speaker 2: Oh, I jim, My boyfriend will fall asleep like it's like it truly just puts his head on the pillow and it's just a sleep, which I don't know. That seems dangerous too. But I have to lie there for at least an hour worrying before I'm asleep.
Speaker 3: If, as I said, if I could give everyone in the world one gift, it would be our boyfriend's ability to fall asleep. I hate them.
Speaker 2: I know it's and it's just nothing.
Speaker 3: You can learn what happens to you in that hour?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: You have like tactics? Maybe you don't want to we don't want to say, don't betry it and get what.
Speaker 2: I actually have just developed a new tactic and anybody can use this. And yet what I do is I start counting, but I envision the number in my mind in a different made of a different material. Each one has to be a different material, so I'll be like, oh, my eyes are closed. I'm like one, I'm imagining it's made out of sand. Two, I'm imagining it's made out of glass. Three I'm imagining it's made out of corduroy. And I keep going and it works. It's very sort.
Speaker 3: Mind is a miracle.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: No wonder you can't sleep. It's there's so much complexity there.
Speaker 2: I'm a deeply layered person.
Speaker 3: It's shocked you're not tall.
Speaker 2: This brain is being wasted on a short person. So stop count dun basketball. No, I really think I'm gonna I should start selling this. I should sell tapes of feeling. One of sand, two of glass.
Speaker 3: Not no to that. Do you need money?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Your house is beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: The bank is just prowling. They're ready to take it away from me.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe that was the helicopter.
Speaker 2: The bank helicopter. That's the Chase Bank helicopter, ready to repoe my house at any moment.
Speaker 3: The letters flying around up there, go.
Speaker 2: Go go, just their keys dangling, ready to take a giant lock they put on the door. That's a scary feeling. No, but I do recommend this to anybody. This could be your museum, Glyconate.
Speaker 3: I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Listen, I gave a gift. I received a gift.
Speaker 2: That's what this podcast is. It's you know, it's a mutual everybody walks away just hands full of riches.
Speaker 3: He's a Libra.
Speaker 2: That's my second Hallmark show. He's a Libra. What does entail? I'm not entire.
Speaker 3: Talked about the after Party.
Speaker 2: Of course, well, because it was made during the pandemic, which is such a bizarre. It just felt like everything was part of a dream. But yeah, you bring it up. I wrote on it, and you were.
Speaker 3: Actually in the I know, I know, I was like completely, yes, I had a little fan meltdown.
Speaker 2: But it whoa, I mean likewise, but it was like, I imagine your experience was also so strange. Listener, of course, there's a good chance you've never even heard of the after Party, because now with television, there are a billion television shows and no one knows of anything. But the after Party was on Apple Murder Mystery. I worked on season one during the pandemic. Our first two weeks were right before the pandemic actually, and I can remember driving home that night and Google Map saying traffic is lighter than usual or less traffic than usual, And what an eerie feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked that you started working on it before the pandemic, because to my eye, it was written so specifically, listen, I need to explain this. This is a show that's a murder mystery. I'm sure you haven't heard of it, which also shocks me because it is well Tiffany hattihelon and Laser, it's actual, like Dave Franco. Genrely, it is just it's the movie star the movie stars are honest, it's really great. But it's also written so that it only features those characters in one location, right, And so it's like it's like they conceived of it instantly upon lockdown because they needed to make something this as Lord and Miller geniuses. And it was for me simultaneously a dream and a nightmare because in fact, I was working with like the most incredible comedians of all time, and I was shooting a show that was set at a party where there could be really no background artists, and so I was in the background of everyone's work all the time. And I would work from five o'clock in the morning until you know, ten o'clock at night, five days a week, doing nothing.
Speaker 2: And wearing you know, this was so deep pandemic that like everyone was wearing a shield a mask, you're.
Speaker 3: Six feet away. We would not have even been this close.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I only was able to go to production one day because you had to go and get tested, like a week before you show up. They you know, put you basically in a suit of armor, and then you got to kind of interact with people. It was very odd.
Speaker 3: It was so surreal. It was so surreal, and I wasn't sleeping, so there's that. But at the same time, it was like everyone was potted up somewhere and my pod was you know, Sam Richardson and Jamie dimitriz.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the best version of any of this. And you did a fantastic job. Everybody did, I mean, but it was such a I mean, I'm not saying anything new. The pandemic was strange.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe you were there but not there the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just kind of a ghost and just a peer places.
Speaker 3: Then was your episode.
Speaker 2: It was Alana's episode Chelsea, which was so fun to write.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, genius. It was a thriller.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a thriller. I was so happy to be able to write that one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what a weird, weird moment in time. And going to that to the shoot that day was very The vibe is very like in Et when the government shows up this has mat suit with the has mat suits, and I feel like, there's that weird tunnel there is. It's so scary.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a like a jimberree for aliens.
Speaker 2: Bricks or terrestrials.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that vibe. And then everyone had to be funny, so it was an interesting uh yeah. And that's actually where I learned a trick on Zoom from Alana. She said, turn off the selfew. At that point, I hadn't realized that you could turn off self view. Suddenly Zoom was a whole new game for me.
Speaker 3: And she was pregnant that whole time, and nobody knew.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, she was doing it all. He's doing it doing it all all. Well, okay, I have my new pills. How many of these magnesium glycinates? Should I take a night.
Speaker 3: Fuck around and find out?
Speaker 2: What if I have a paradoxical effect? Well, I will get in the car and drive to you the night I'll be up. You'll hear a pebble. No, it won't be a pebble. It will be a large rock hitting the window, crashing through.
Speaker 3: It, says you take one, which.
Speaker 2: Is one that seems a little Maybe it's because.
Speaker 3: The dose is quite high. Maybe I take two because I have maybe two hundred milligrams.
Speaker 2: Is naturally found in sand food, food.
Speaker 3: Naturally food, what foods are high and magnesium. That's probably how you should get better sleep is by having a better diet. But I'm sort of seems like asium coke zero coke. Now that's what my diet actually is comprised of. I'm gonna say, salmon let me yes, yes, analis, don't tell. It's always wait, okay, salmon, hold on. It's always like lentil, sweet potatoes and a leaf direk leafy greens. Right, that is the.
Speaker 5: Answer image dark leafy greens, seaweed, beans and lentils, unrefined grains, bananas, dried.
Speaker 3: Figs, BlackBerry.
Speaker 4: Also, this is just magnesium.
Speaker 5: I haven't found I have quite gotten to the glyconate of it all.
Speaker 3: But it's well, you want to know what I wonder And this is your own research listener. If in food and it's like natural compound, if it is all of the eights together, and it's only when they just chill it and sell it that it's divided into its citrate form. It's glisen it form, and I think there's even a citrate glsen it something else. Anyway, I wonder if that's the product of processing. Interesting and now the listener really has gone right to bed.
Speaker 2: That's the key of this podcast. Uh, this is like with supplements and everything. I take a daily multivite and anytime I look this up there like, don't bother, you don't need it. It's so annoying to me because they say you'll get this from your diet, and I just think, who do you think I am? What do you think I'm eating?
Speaker 3: What do you eat?
Speaker 2: I'm getting zero anything from any of the food I'm getting. Really, are you kidding me? What are we talking about? The assumption that I'm getting a full like food pyramid every day. That's a difficult thing to.
Speaker 3: Do the metabolism of a nine year old because you're an actual perfect shape.
Speaker 2: I have cut down to one cookie a night, and so I think that's helpful, like.
Speaker 3: A nine year old of like a little cookie.
Speaker 2: I have the lifestyle of a nine year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind of cookie?
Speaker 2: Currently? I've really gone back to basics. I thought I haven't made the toll house chocolate chip cookie recipe recently I made it stands up very well. It's a very simple recipe. But if anyone's just getting into cookie baking, I can't recommend enough. It's so easy.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something. Am I doing the Ben Schwartz where I ask you for five thousand questions and turned the podcast right on its right on its tails heels.
Speaker 2: No, it's a conversation. How often are you baking? Never? When was the last time you baked?
Speaker 3: I like cooking, but I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: There's a real clear line between bakers and.
Speaker 3: I know exactly the last time what I did a band of Marie for a cheesecake, oh that I made for my loving, wonderful life partner, but when we were still in our when.
Speaker 2: You were still like start taking each other up from the airports? What is a band of Marie?
Speaker 3: A band of Marie is a bath named after Marie where you put the cheesecake in water, oh like in its tin and then in a bigger tin full of water, so that it cooks but not really like crack and it won't crack.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that before. This woman had her own half. What was she doing in.
Speaker 3: The bath, well cooking.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's time to play a game. Okay, we haven't played Gift Master in a while, so I think that's what we'll play. I need a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 3: Ten always, oh good?
Speaker 2: Maxing it out absolutely, Okay. I have to take some light calculating in order to get our game pieces, so right now you can recommend promote to do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Joe, what the h e double hockey sticks? He is doing during this calculating. I am on a wonderful television show called The Chicken Sisters. It's just started airing. By the time this episode comes out, I imagine maybe four episodes will be available palmarplus dot com. It's based on a New York Times bestseller and a Reese's book Club list, and I agreed to do it because it's great, but also because the creatives behind it are so brilliant. It's from the creators of Shrinking, a Typical Girl, five Eva, Shits Creek. Don't know if you've ever heard of those shows. They are my favorites. So I am just so proud to be a part of a part of it.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Everybody seek that out and find Geneviev online the same way you find everyone else online. Is there anything I want to recommend? Yes? There is. This is what I recommend is another podcast. Yes, I'm that generous. I'm willing to recommend competitors. Well, yes, it's not a competitor. It's sixteenth minute Jamie Loftus's podcast. It is an unbelievable podcast. I can't recommend this too. I mean enough, it's just so good. Everything Jamie Loftis does is just fantastic. This is wonderful. She talks about like people who were famous online in the past, which to me sounds like, oh, that's gonna be exhausting, Not at all. She I mean, it's so fascinating, it's funny, you learn. I mean, it's just great. I can't recommend it enough. And then she recommended on the podcast to read Charlotte's Web, which I did, had never read it before, lovely book. Have you ever read Charlotte Webb?
Speaker 3: I don't know how on have you read Charlotte's Web?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's oh it's break your Heart and all the good ways.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's very good. And you know this is an adult saying. I had the time of my life. Reading it, I'd only ever seen the movie, which I love. We Love Templeton. Oh yeah, of course, but both of those are great recommendations. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that. Anyway, let's play gift master. I'm gonna name three gifts, three things you can give away, and then I'm going to name three celebrities, and you're going to tell me which celebrity you would give which gift, and then you're going to give me your reasoning. Okay, the three things you'll be giving away today are number one, foaming hand soap from Bath and body Works Fall collection number two, and that sounds nice. I mean, let's just give it to Bath and body Works. Number two fifteen wonderful nieces and nephews, So that's a nice Another nice gift. Number three high cholesterol, which is a you know, it's a unique gift. These are the people you'll be giving them to. Number one Wolf Blitzer. I bet he's working hard right now election cycle. Number two Holly Hunter, Love Holly Hunter. And number three Janet Jackson, who we just adore.
Speaker 3: High cholesterol, fifteen wonderful nephews and nieces, and foaming hands from Bath and body.
Speaker 2: Work, Yes, yes, No.
Speaker 3: Is this a game you can win? Are there right answers?
Speaker 2: This is no, this is a game that everyone wins everyone.
Speaker 3: Card game, yeah, road trip game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yes exactly. We actually did have a card game version of this. It sold out and probably will never be printed again, so anyone who has it's very lucky.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give high cholesterol to Janet Jackson because she's been there, okay, and because I am afraid that she might turn to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, of course, but an interesting thing for these siblings to come up on the same pot. I hope Janet's not listening. Janet, my apologies.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not going to give high cholesterol to Wolf Blitzer because right now we really need our journalists. I'm sorry to say I have to give it to Holly Hunter only by process of elimination. But I do trust that Holly has those raising Arizona residuals, so she's going to be in good hands. And also she's probably got, you know, an awesome diet and gets lots of magnesium.
Speaker 2: She seems like someone who could take care of it.
Speaker 3: She could take care of it, She would take care of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, doctor, what do I need to do?
Speaker 3: She would take them into art, she would use it, to use it in her performances.
Speaker 2: Holly Hunter eat to brazil nuts a day that lowers your cholesterol.
Speaker 3: Brazil Nuts are the other thing that have everything. I am so in love with broadcast News. I can't believe I just gave her a high cholesterolley. I think it's my favorite movie.
Speaker 2: It's a very good movie.
Speaker 3: She's great, Okay, fifteen wonderful nephews and nieces. I don't think that Janet Jackson needs anymore. I think she has a lot.
Speaker 2: That family is as.
Speaker 3: Pretty big, so process of elimination. Those are gonna go to Wolf Blitzer because I want him to have balance. Okay, there's so much in just his his occurring world, right can't hide from He just he needs something soft and wonderful to come home to that is simultaneously expensive but not going to break the bank right and opped in and knocked out right.
Speaker 2: Because nieces and nephews, you really can just do whatever you want with It's kind of more of a creative art project rather than children or grandchildren. That's right, niece's nephews.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give to Janet Jackson so she can just you know, wash her hands of everyone who has ever wronged her. And if this was a winning game, I think I would have won.
Speaker 2: I think you absolutely won. I think it is constantly touring. She's touching all sorts of disgusting things. She's probably filthy, her hands are probably so dirty.
Speaker 3: I want nothing more for her than a than a wonderful autumn soothing.
Speaker 2: We're wishing Janet Jackson a wonderful autumn. She's cozy in a sweater's, her hands are clean as a whistle, and she's smelling pumpkin spice or harvest apple or is there a third fall spice, wet.
Speaker 3: Leaf, cinnamon, cardivo.
Speaker 2: We're bordering holidays. What else do you smell in the fall? Death a dying.
Speaker 3: Plants, burning wood, leaves.
Speaker 2: Burning leaves, yes, burning garbage, something to keep us warm, bath and body works. We just thought of your new your next collection, burning things beautifully played. This is the final segment of the podcast. It's called I said no emails. People write into I said no gifts at gmail dot com and they're all their lives have all just kind of come to a standstill because they've got these problems that they cannot get past until they're answered, So they write into me and my guests, and then we solve them, and then they're able to move on and flourish. Will you hope me answer a question?
Speaker 3: I would have loved you?
Speaker 2: Okay, this says, this is extremely long. I'm gonna have to skip through this.
Speaker 3: You know something about me. Every time I go on one of these podcasts, we get a nine minute question. Yeah, this is well, this is.
Speaker 2: Not going to be nine minutes. I'm not reading. I mean, this is truly an encyclopedia, and I'm not apologizing for skipping around. Dear Bridger and fabulous yet statistically high likely to be disrespectful guests. So that's a nice way to intro you. Some brief background info. I am fifty six and originally from New Jersey. My husband let's call him Wilbur. Oh while Charlotte's web Janet Jackson Michael Jackson at all, let's call him Wilbur. It is fifty and an excommunicated Mormon who grew up bilingually in Utah and Norway. I'm hoping you can help me with the situation that I've been experiencing for the past twenty eight years or so. While I speak German fluently and some other languages well, my Norwegian is mostly on a comprehension level. Not speaking this becomes relevant. Wilbur has always had a bad thing about walking ahead of me while I'm taller. I'm not sure if he takes more steps in a given time or his strides are longer, but that's how it is. If I take longer or more steps to keep up with him, he only accelerates by that much more to restore the distance. Maybe this person's just an annoying I have brought this to Wilbur's attention on several occasions over the years, including on a recent month long trip to Europe where he's currently working. Does he have to get everywhere and experience everything first? Sometimes he will explain that he wants to go up ahead and see if we are going the right way, or if there's a restaurant around the corner, or something like that. He can't not be the first one somewhere. It doesn't help, no matter how many times I tell him that when he's walking in front of me, I have no idea what he's saying. Can this marriage be saved? And that's from Jay a man. I guess we can't say the full name. Maybe not, but whatever, Jay.
Speaker 3: I went somewhere in the middle of that. I'm sorry. Is the question we all?
Speaker 2: I mean, we all took a month long trip to Europe and we have a language that let me just say that never became relevant, never came back. I mean I skimmed, but I didn't see anything about calling out in Norwegian or whatever.
Speaker 3: I think I felt energetically that the underlying issue is disrespect. This person will not slow down to walk at his husband's pace, nor will he speak in his husband's native tongue of English. Right, so it sounds like there's just a lot of distance going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, can this marriage be saved? If you have to ask? I mean, I don't want to plant any I.
Speaker 3: Think this person was writing in because they wanted permission to not save it.
Speaker 2: Oh, and they want to say they wanted audio recording for divorce court.
Speaker 3: That's right. They wanted us to be on their side.
Speaker 2: An objective listener to say Wilbur is a problem.
Speaker 3: Here's how I know, because if it was no, really, do you think this marriage can be saved? It would maybe be a briefer letter, but it sounds as though this person made a case.
Speaker 2: They made a I mean, they poured out their heart here. Yeah, and it seems like it's time to say goodbye, and it seems like Wilbur is already said goodbye. He's probably three blocks ahead of him right now.
Speaker 3: Do you and your boyfriend walk at the same pace? Is he a tall person or one of these?
Speaker 2: It's a tall person, but I walk faster than him.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are blowing my mind because I actually do think that the issue of walking pace is a relationship problem that doesn't get enough airtime. It's a huge problem in my relationship.
Speaker 2: Is it really fast walker?
Speaker 3: My giant? My giant is the fast walker I have not. I'm a very athletic person, but I have a very short gait, and so it's also been mirrored to me. And I'm not proud of this. I also have injuries, not proud of those either. Well by my friends that I'm not the fastest hiker.
Speaker 2: Oh, interesting, and well should be comfortable and leisurely, Well, if.
Speaker 3: You're going to do it with a friend. But some people do think it's exercise, and to them, I say, you're cheap. Get a gym membership. This is for fun.
Speaker 2: I want to experience nature.
Speaker 3: That's great, and I want to catch up and talk about boys. In any event, I am the slow walker. It has been the cause of many fights to which in which circumstances I turn to my significant other end I say, these are the limits of my body. I'm doing my best and I cannot do better than this. And I feel if you were doing your best, you would be exercising your patience. And that is what you do when there's a relationship that you want to succeed. You don't write in to non credentialed How does your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: How does your boyfriend respond to this? Does he slow down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Resentfully, but he has to bring it up every time.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's difficult for me to be on his side here because he's, you know, had so many he's been given so many privileges as a tall person. Yeah, so as a small fast walker, I feel like I've really picked myself by my bootstraps and put in the work to be a fast someone who moves quickly. I think it's because my dad is tall, This is my theory, and I think trying to keep up with his walking probably as a kid led to me being a fast walker. Trauma, absolute trauma, and I've had the worst trauma. These scars will never heal. That's why I walk fast.
Speaker 3: We found him, the helicopter was looking. Here's the guy with the monks trauma.
Speaker 2: America's most traumatized. But yeah, Jim walks a little slower than me. And he has no really, no excuse. He's from New Jersey slash New York. He's lived in New York for so many years, so he should just be a fast walker.
Speaker 3: Does he live there now?
Speaker 2: He's currently living there. He's in a show. Do you know that you're living in New York? Yeah, you should have lunch. I will should reach out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what are you doing in New York? I moved in with the significant other. Oh yeah, but I still have my place here.
Speaker 2: So you're going to learn to walk fast.
Speaker 3: Otherwise we're going to happen. It would have happened.
Speaker 2: That to me makes I mean, there's no it just doesn't make any sense to me. Does not calculate injuries. Oh okay, right, you mentioned the gluten max. Your glue max is absolutely shatter deadlift.
Speaker 3: Can't walk fast, deadlift?
Speaker 2: Oh tale as old as time. But yeah, Jim is taller than me. He grew up in a fast paced environment. I am blazing ahead of him, and it's hard. I as someone who walks faster. You're like, well, don't you want to get there faster?
Speaker 3: When's his birthday?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess January. Oh oh, well, okay, go ahead, there's no January fifteenth.
Speaker 3: Okay, So he's a Capricorn. It's surprising, Oh it is. I'd like to know what the what his rising sign is. Because there's a capricorn, you'd think he'd be much more interested in being productive.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Yeah, this this series of his life, he doesn't care to be productive in any way, and it does occasionally lead to issues. But then I'll slow down a bit, and then the trick is you slow down and then you, you know, slowly turn it to a boil and they don't even realize they're picking up the pace. Then they're walking it. You're at the approp speed. The speed I walk at is the right speed.
Speaker 3: Of course you've hypnotized him.
Speaker 2: But as far as Wilbur and the husband, the marriage, I think we can absolutely say this, it can be notarized. It should be divorce, and probably a European divorce. Doesn't that sound romantic?
Speaker 3: I just can you keep your your European sident? Do you have European citizenship?
Speaker 2: But oh, go on that thing, hang onto.
Speaker 3: These say something I can't believe. I'm about to say this. If you'd given me a million dollars, I bet me a million dollars. Before this podcast, I would not have mentioned this, but it does feel like it is worth mentioning. And now that I've done this year to say it. My father is Joe Biden's nominee, uh for ambassador to Norway. What I'm not kidding you. I'm not kidding you. And it sounds like the worst name drop of all time, and and I am. It's very weird, but it's so specific. I just couldn't believe when this person said, did they say ozlie? He hasn't gone yet. He's the nominee.
Speaker 2: This happens, Okay, Well, whatever he does with this, he can clinch the nomination by saving this marriage. That's his first order of business is getting Wilburt to just slow down a bit, or getting actually, Wilburt, you keep going your pace. Other guy, you move dad.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, Get out of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Stop trying to convince those Republicans. Go doctor Wilbur.
Speaker 2: Convince Wilbur that he's got. They've got to figure out the right walking speed. That's the perfect temp whatever that is as far as speed goes. Well, wow, now we have the government involved, and this is spun out into kind of a global nightmare that none of us could have seen coming. But you know, the the answer has absolutely come through in whatever we've just said. And uh, you know, future divorce A do not write back in wonderful. We've answered it perfectly. Genevieve, I've got my pills. I've got either night hundreds of nights of wonderful sleep or days and days of being awake and freaking out and blaming you. So it's a good thing you're living in New York because otherwise, can I take this on a plane? Will that helps a plane?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean no, probably not a red Eye?
Speaker 2: I have a red Eye coming up, do it? I would do it, Okay, I'm gonna do it on the Red Eye.
Speaker 3: That I do the magnesium on the Red.
Speaker 2: Eye, magnesium not the other one.
Speaker 3: Well, because a red eye isn't that long?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And this is about making you sleep for longer.
Speaker 2: Oh right, we don't need a flight attendant calling an ambulance.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want that for you. I think the magnesium will just give you, give you the goods while you're on there.
Speaker 2: Okay, take two two magnesium.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you're on the same red Eye.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting? What airport are you flying out of?
Speaker 3: Lax?
Speaker 2: I will never step foot in lax ag.
Speaker 3: Well, Burbank is really it's everything and more.
Speaker 2: My last trip was out of lax and arriving back there. There is not a worse psychic feeling in the world than realizing, Oh, I got off the plane and now there are hours ahead of me. To get into an uber, you'll have to go to that pen. That's like children of men. It's horrible.
Speaker 3: I'll leave you with this. Oh, you're right, but can't fly my airline first class out of Burbank. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll tell you what's first class the Burbank airport.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I will. I'll take a riverboat out of the Burbank airport before I go to Lax.
Speaker 3: So right, you and I live in different parts of town.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true, but again the uber situation just shatters me every time.
Speaker 3: And then at JFK, now it's even worse.
Speaker 2: Is terrible too. Yeah, this is more of a travel tip podcast about to specific you don't go to Lax. Lax and JFK are all tricky, they're difficult, whereas LaGuardia gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Heaven, Newark even not bad.
Speaker 2: Not bad, but you shoot for Newark or shoot for laguardis.
Speaker 3: For Laguardi always.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I've had a wonderful time with you here today. It's been so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best, and uh, thank it list thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, thank you for being here and listener. The podcast is over. I'm wondering what you'll do with your day. I'm putting more thought into your day than mine, and that's part of my I guess kind of problem we've discussed on this podcast. I have to figure out how to live my own life. You go do your own thing. We'll meet again another time. The podcast is over. I love you, goodbye, said no gifts isn't exactly right production. It's produced by our dear friend Annalise Nelson, and it's beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday, and we couldn't do it without our guest booker, Patrick Kottner. The theme song, of course, could only come from miracle worker Amy Mann. You must follow the show on Instagram. At I said, no gifts, I don't want to hear any excuses. That's where you get to see pictures of all these gorgeous gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see pictures of the gifts?
Speaker 3: The lie in why did you hear?
Speaker 5: Fun?
Speaker 1: A man myself perfectly clear?
Speaker 2: But you're a guest to me.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no guests, your presences presents enough. I'm already too much stuff.
Speaker 2: So how did you dan to survey me? Be thetaen