Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: You want to take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: So we're joined by Bloomberg News cross asset reporter build Donna Hirich.
Speaker 3: So Buildna, let's start with Apple shares.
Speaker 4: So much stuff on the move today. But yeah, I'm looking at Apple ticker AAPL. It's laura by about three percent today after it debuted its thinnest ever iPhone and new proversions with enhanced cameras and more battery life. And that was earlier this week, and the company really is betting that a flurry of smartphone innovation can hopefully entice shoppers this holiday season. But I think what a lot of people count on for their iPhones is long battery life, right and thin. The thinner version is sort of compromise for the upgrade.
Speaker 1: Telling you, I know, I had mine for probably four or five years. Now I probat need to I'm for an upgrade. Yeah, I'm for so I'll have to check it out, but I like to wait a couple months to see sort of how things shakeout, and then maybe later this year, I'm gonna say what.
Speaker 4: I actually had. I had one with a button up until a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed those. Those are my favorites, I know, but I know hung on to that as long as I could as well.
Speaker 3: I know another one, of course, can't leave out Oracle. Walk us through the latest big moves.
Speaker 4: Here one of the really big stories today, ticker oh r CL surging more than thirty percent on one point today, the most since nineteen ninety two. I will say I was alive in nineteen ninety two, and the company did give a very aggressive outlook for its cloud business, and it's an outlook that's cementing the software makers place in the race to support demand for AI computing. And then thanks to this pop another big story from today is that its co founder Larry Ellison is now the world's richest person, surpassing Elon Musk's previous number one spot.
Speaker 1: For that raised so much news the opening thing, it's a lot surrounding chirpact I.
Speaker 4: Champact, Oracle related news, and it's also driving higher a lot of other.
Speaker 2: AI cent.
Speaker 3: Double digits today as well. That's a good point. Another big day for Klarna, had a big day.
Speaker 4: They debuted, yes ticker k l a R. I always love a good ticker, jumping some fifteen percent today and it's opening trade with the company and some of its backers raising one point three to seven billion in their IPO, and it's sort of signaling to the market that new listings potentially have room to run. That's been sort of a story for a couple of years now, you know, in the post pandemic world, like our ipo is doing well, and now we are seeing all of these crypto companies making to go public. And today you have Klarna doing quite well with its opening. The shares open at fifty two each, fifty two dollars each above the IPO price of forty piece.
Speaker 3: And you cover crypto as part of cross asset pretty closely as well. What do you what's the latest whenever you're speaking with your sources as far as how they're managing money and what kind of allocations they have to the crypto space, to.
Speaker 4: The crypto space ETFs, it always comes back to ETFs, right because and even the prior guests I heard it mentioned bitcoin ETFs and that having been a really pivotal moment in the crypto ecosystem over the past couple of years, and so much money has flown towards those products. So these days, when you are seeing people allocate money towards crypto, a lot of times it is via bigcoin ETFs in particular. But when it comes to the crypto company's going public, that is really an interesting story because when they started we when we started reporting about, you know, number of these firms making plans to go public this year, it still had been up in the air, like what will the market look like, will the market allow it? And now we're really starting to see a lot of it come to fruition.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.