Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me, Joey Pa, Joe Pi Zapia, and you are in for a treat today. Back by popular demand, here we go. It's the twenty twenty three version of the Great Pitching Debate. And who better to talk about this than our boys, Nick Pollock and Alex Fast from Pitcher List, two of the best in the business. These guys eat, sleep, and breathe pitching and they have great contempt for one another, which is why they're friends and why they are back here on the program. And gentlemen, I went back and listened to last year's so much good advice. This was so close too. At the end, Nick Pollock did pull it out, and you know what the tie breaking question was, whether or not you were gonna draft Jacob de Grom and Alex Fast was without hesitation. Yes, I'm good, Yes we're doing it. We're going. I wonder what that answer is this year. But Nick Pollock was hesitant. Therefore I agreed with him, and I gave him the final point, Nick, what does it feel to be uh, what does it feel like to be King of the Mountain? And do you think you can go back to back here in twenty three It.
Speaker 2: Feels like a Tuesday, Joe, That's what.
Speaker 3: It feels like. I'm going to go back to back because I've seen Alex FAST's top one hundred, and it's just, you know, he's come so far in this industry since I got that starry eyed email in twenty sixteen, but there are still some things he has to learn.
Speaker 1: Alex Fast, you have last we spoke, you are very close to having a child. You've now had said child. I know that sometimes changes a man. Do you think it's changed you enough that you're ready here to dethrone the reigning champion here? Nick Pollock, do you think that experience has kind of changed you as a human, as an as an analyst as well.
Speaker 4: It's given me perspective, It's given me, you know, wisdom, It's made me a lot wiser, of course. And I have no qualms or concerns about wedding this because I've already won.
Speaker 5: Right, I have the receipts that prove it. We can go to our d MS and.
Speaker 4: Say, well, Joe, the list I originally gave you, says Nick, It's not right. I took a look at Alex's and I adjusted it, and that's so funny.
Speaker 5: All of the rankings are closer to mine.
Speaker 4: Now we'll see a lot of that over the course of this podcast, including with one of the first guys that we're going to be talking about. So regardless of what happens today, when my head hits the pillow tonight, oh no, I already won.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. If you guys aren't excited, I don't know what to make I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: It's like the election results are rigged before we start.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Happy this year, Nick, actually that Alex put the time into make rankings this year because last year, arg.
Speaker 5: See making a child. Last year I couldn't.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true. You aren't making a child. You are waiting on a child. If you're making a child, maybe I would have given you a little bit more slack or even the big thumbs up potentially, But you're just waiting for one. I mean that could take you hours, months, weeks, you know. So look, now, let's just get to the meat and potatoes of what's going on here, because we are going to go through a list of pictures that Alex likes more than Nick, and a list of pitchers that Nick likes more than Alex, and I'm going to decide who is right and who is wrong. And if you watched last year's show, it was a it was quite the debate. So, gentlemen, I hope you're you've started your engines and you're ready to go. We're going to start today with our challenger. These are pictures that Alex likes more than Nick. So Alex, I'm gonna give you a chance here to get on the board, get on the board fast, and kind of come out swinging here on the big boss man Nick Pollocks. So let's start with Kyle bradish He is an ADP of one ten here as a starting pitcher off the board. So he's the one hundred and tenth starting pitcher going off the board here on fantasypros dot Com. The consensus ADP Bradish strong finished last year for the Baltimore Orioles one hundred and seventeen innings, just a four and seven record, but one hundred and eleven k's in those one hundred and seventeen innings. The era and whip were high, but there were definitely some starts that raised some eyebrows. He is a fantasy darling this year in many analyst eyes. And Nick Fast, I mean, Alex, Oh my god, I made you one person, Alex Fast. That's the most terrifying idea in the whole world.
Speaker 2: Is having a baby Alex a bigger honor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all I know is I don't know who would have custody of that demon seed, Alex Fast. Kyle Bradish is the guy that you want to talk about first, So make the case for Big Kyle b in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Like I said earlier, the argument's already over before we even sent over our list. Kyle Bradish wasn't even in Knick's top one hundred. Oh my god, I put him at eighty one, and guess what happens. He's mysteriously at eighty six in Knick's Top one hundred a week later. Because Nick has already seen the light, he understands that there is some increased not as much as we originally thought, but some increased velocity on Kyle Bradish's foresteamer. We're gonna talk about in a second, because obviously Nick's gonna come and he.
Speaker 5: Say, LaVar Semer's garbage. It's got cut action on it. It's never gonna do it. Did you see him at spring training yesterday?
Speaker 1: He gave up nine earned.
Speaker 4: Runs, which is my nick impression. I'm doing my best to work on it. You have to bear with me for a second. I hope you're not creating me on that.
Speaker 1: The slider hairlier.
Speaker 4: The slider is a fantastic pitch for him by PLV Pitchreless's own fantastic metric, which you should be checking out. It is the seventy fourth percentile in PLV, seventeen percent swinging strike right in all of baseball, and a two forty three x WOBO, which is also seventy fifth percentile. That slider he can throw in and out of the zone. He can get whiffs when it's out of the zone, he can get called strikes when it's in the zone, and he frequently has very good command of the pitch. People will point to that four seemer and say, yeah, it's very.
Speaker 5: Hittable, and it is.
Speaker 4: However, he's debuted a new sinker this year. That sinker is getting more horizontal movement breaking away from the slider and gives him a new fastball offering that could theoretically help him.
Speaker 5: Get over the hump.
Speaker 4: Am I talking about Kyle Bradish as a top fifty pitcher.
Speaker 5: I am not. I'm talking about a guy that you just said is going.
Speaker 4: Three sixty three over in drafts, one hundred and tenth pitcher off the board right now.
Speaker 5: He's going late enough in drafts.
Speaker 4: He's got enough shine and upside that he can positively benefit your team. And like I said, Nick and I are right there with him in terms of ranking. But I would like to hear why I'm so.
Speaker 5: Wrong on a guy that Nick is just as close as me on.
Speaker 1: All Right, Nick Pollock, the argument's been made for Kyle Bradish. He did kind of, you know, throw that barb out there that you have made adjustments on him and moved him up your board a little bit. So you're gonna have to dig yourself out of that hole.
Speaker 2: That's pretty easy.
Speaker 3: When you hear someone arguing against you, instead of actually talking about the thing at hand, they want to talk about the other person.
Speaker 2: You know they don't have a strong argument.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to Kyle Bradish, I have a rule which is, if you're into a pitcher, you have to have at least two pitches that you really can stand on and say like these are the two good offerings, especially when they have a bad for Steamer, as Fast eloquently already pointed out, the for Seemer has cut action that he's going to make it continue to be a hit holl pitch.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Sinker have success yet new pitch, and we he even sends me this whole Bert Simpson image saying I will not be swayed by a pitcher's new pitch in spring training.
Speaker 2: We know this.
Speaker 3: So if you look at Cali Bradish, he has a slider that, yes, does grade well in POLY, but it's not elite. You want to say seventy seventh percentile. That means that there's twenty five percentile more better sliders out there. A quality pitch miyas bad pitch percentage as just sixtieighth percent. That's good, but that's not the thing I want to hang my hat on when it comes to a pitcher. You also have the curve ball, which is under a fiftieth percentile by Peel. It is not that strong number two pitch that you want it to be, and it's I'm waiting for it to happen with Kyle Bradish now I had him inside my top one hundred. I was saying, maybe there are new things here and spring training that I am overlooking a bit. I'm going to be lowering him on Friday. As in your twelve teamers, I do not want to be chasing calib Brash out of the gate. There are many other options to go for for a higher upside, and you are putting yourself in harm's way. If you have Kyle Brash, why not go after Hayden Westnski or so who's going around.
Speaker 2: I'm the same place inside of your drafts.
Speaker 3: There is no reason to chase Bradish, who does not as fast ays have that top fifty eight ceiling. That is not the player you want to get in your twelve teamers.
Speaker 1: I understand the point you're making here in terms of chasing him, but I'm actually looking at the ADP that's actually moved over the weekend too. Now cal Bradish is at pitcher one P fifty one on the consensus, so he's moved even more recently and been dropped down further. That's just straight up free and I understand last year he did have some moments where certainly struggled quite a bit, but there were a couple of games, two against Houston where he was spectacular. He did have a very good game against Cleveland down the stretch as well. He showed you some flashes, and I think whenever a kid shows you some flashes, you take notice of that. I remember a couple of years back when Sandy al Contra would show you some flashes of some stuff and you're like, maybe this guy can put it all together eventually, but he was far from a finished product. I am not comparing those two guys necessarily, but I think whenever you have a guy that shows you dominant flashes and he's free, I think you take a shot on him. So Nick Pollock, you're probably right in the sense that this is a picture that probably is going to give you some disappointment. But the fact that he's free and the fact that he guessed a lot of free there are, but there's not a lot of free guys who had a couple dominant performances last year. That's the difference. Alec fast, you get on the board here real quick with number one. So well done. Let's go to the second picture here on your list, Sean Manaia And this is another picture too, coming off a bad year. Let's be honest, Let's call it what it was. Last year, in one hundred and fifty eight innings, he was an eight and nine record, one hundred and fifty six strikeouts, just fifty walks there, three to one k walker ratio. That's fine, except that the whip was one point three, the era was four nine to six, and Sean Manyah was on his way out of San Diego, but he's staying in California, in San Francisco and San Francisco, Alex. That's been one of those spots where lately it seems like they know something we don't know, and they've been able to turn around a lot of these guys, whether it be Alex Cobb or Kevin Gossman, they've really done a good job there identifying pictures that they want and then getting them into that organization and kind of fixing them. Is Sean and I the next guy for San fran to fix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of think that when there's a lot of good data, the points of the fact that.
Speaker 5: He may well be. Now I'm not going to continue.
Speaker 4: To harp on this point, but this is another magical guy who was unranked by Nick and is now just five spots away from where I magically had him in.
Speaker 3: The right You did, mind like six weeks after when you learn about the velocity, I that's so funny.
Speaker 4: Mine came out then all we know, all of a sudden, here's John and I hear he is uh so Manaiah. As we kind of mentioned one of I think the biggest things that has me really interested in him is the uptick in velocity. I mean, Nick has even said himself that that's a big thing for him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We've seen what happens when he has the velocity that he is showcasing. The problem has been whether he can be consistent with it, and so far in spring training he has been able to be consistent with it. Issues and injuries are always going to be injuries are always going to be an issue for him. But even if you cap him at one hundred and fifty innings and we see an uptick in the velocity for him, that could theoretically be a big step forward. There were some things that obviously, like keep hitting the nail on the head. Last year it was not great. There are some pitches though, by stuff plus that indicate that it's better than what we saw last year right, his sinker, for example, the change up gets a really good amount of whiffs. He didn't really use it to be as much of a hard contact pitch as it turned into last year.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: There's a big difference between the three ninety one era and three sixty six fifth that he put up in one hundred and seventy innings in twenty twenty one and the four ninety six era. Right, we saw the sinker move arm side a bit more, and I wonder maybe if that impacted the change up at all.
Speaker 5: The sinker did maintain its whiffs, which was good to see.
Speaker 4: It was the change up, though, and the breaking pitch that really caused him the problems. The change up couldn't get whiffs out of the zone. The bab have jumped up, you know, implying that even natural regression should make him perform better. The breaker also lost its ability to get whiffs out of the zone. It went from being able to get ground balls at a relatively good clip to being a kind of fly ball machine with a lot of those fly balls leaving the yard.
Speaker 5: Right, So, what I'm kind of saying is we see a change.
Speaker 4: Up in breaking pitches that have historically performed better than they performed last year. It is not out of the question to see them get back to where they were. Right you add in an additional tick of v LO with that, plus that he's in a better park, plus that he is with an organization that could theoretically benefit him even more, then yeah, again we're talking about a guy who is going relatively late that could provide you with good amount of upside.
Speaker 1: The vlow is back in that low to mid nineties range here, Nick Pollock, But you're still not buying it.
Speaker 3: Why, well, Okay, a couple things here. One, I'm actually pretty close with a fast on Shawman. I have him at seventy six. Fast time is at seventy one. So I don't know if there's gonna be too much that we are going to disagree, and I will say not a better organization Necessarily, he's leaving San Diego, who should be a high win volume team, going to the Giants, and we just saw the Giants have a terrible defense behind it. Look what happened to Cobb and what we're saying, it's, oh, it's all the all fit and everything. No, the defense let them down. That's why we had this massive change in their expected arrays and their actual array, and there's no guarantee that this is going to be fixed now for Sham and I, So there is risk inherently in that. Also when it comes to my twelve teamers. And this is very very important and why I'm out on cal Bradish and debating if I want to be in on Sean Ma Andya is early in the season is most important when it comes to these final pitcher spots. You are not getting this guy and just holding on to him from the entire year. It is not a best ball league that you are in. So if you're getting a guy at the end of your drafts like a shaw Ma and I like a Cali Bradish, it likely means that you're starting in the first week.
Speaker 2: If you're not, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You should be going after someone else who you would actually want to get value out of and then also have that ceiling. I don't know if I want to start Sean and Iya out of the gate. It's a tough matchup for him against the Yankees, not necessarily fun one. I don't know if we're going to see the slider in the change up return all of a sudden to what they were from last year. It is a volatile situation. Also, Sean and I over the years has never been consistent. He has always been someone that has this lower arm angle and that leads to worse command sustainably over a full season. So right out of the gate, if I'm drafting Sean and I, I'm already throwing myself in a ton of risk and I'm not gonna be able to kind of wait and see and figure this out. I do like taking the chance on the higher blostoing seeing that six it does sound nice, But those that are drafting him and thinking, oh cool, I've got this really good guy down on the Giants, I'd be very cautious of that. So being as aggressive around seventy I think is actually a little too aggressive, and upon him back coast where I have him is understanding the risk involved here.
Speaker 1: The problem is you probably could have stopped right when you said, yeah, I've got him in the seventies, because the consensus has him as SP one thirteen and you both have him in the seventies. So to me, although you made a lot of good arguments about Sean and I's downside, at the end of the day you put him in the seventies, right where Fast put him. So you kinda there's a light like you set up the trap and you decided not even like to put your foot in. You just put your head in it, and it throws right in there, and it's gonna go to Alex Fast again with Sean ma and I and I didn't think that was gonna come there. I thought you were gonna make a really bold but once you said he's not, he's right there in the seventies for me too, I mean, after that, it was all just you sounded like one of those Charlie Brown parents to me, which is my wall. That's all I heard. And that was it. So we're gonna have to move on to the next player here. It's it's not you mean, yeah, you led with the wrong piece, were you? Right away? You cut the legs out from under your own argum? Then right at the beginning, all right, let's go to Ken Waldachuck, who may or may not have played for the Quebec Nord Deeks at one point. I love this name. Waldachuck is definitely a hockey player name. Oakland Athletics SP number one thirty seven currently right now, as we're looking at the board, let's talk about Alex Fast. Let's go. I don't know if you make a clean sweep here, but the floor is yours. For Waldashock last year thirty four innings, two and two record, thirty three k's ten walks, a four nine three era in a one point two to one whip. So what do you seeing Waldershock this year that had you excited?
Speaker 5: We can or can't curse on this podcast?
Speaker 1: You can't, but you can. You can give it a lot of emotion and try and you use you know, just be clever if you like.
Speaker 4: I'll just say that Ken Waldechuck's is what I'll say, and people can use their imagination.
Speaker 5: I mean, ah, very good, very good. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is what you're saying. He's a real chuck. Yeah, he's all right. There you go.
Speaker 4: There's some really intriguing underlying numbers for Walderchuck that has me a bit more interested than maybe I even thought I should be. The change up and the four seamer have really really good stuff numbers.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of great mentalities that you can take when you're approaching your draft, right, and one of the ones that Nick takes with PLV and ENO takes with stuff plus. Is when we have a small sample, we need to find something that regulates really quickly. Right, with a small amount of data, Ken Walderchuck with a small amount of data that he has theoretically has three plus pitches that could be really beneficial for him.
Speaker 5: The change in the four seamer have great stuff numbers.
Speaker 4: The change up doesn't have the best location, but I don't necessarily know if he needs it. Right, we saw some positives last year. We saw a one twenty one whip. We saw a twenty three percent k rate but on a twelve percent swinging strike rate. Now that theoretically means that that k rate could actually go up to the twenty five twenty six percent range, which you would love to see from him. Now, I'm not gonna lie, right, the fur seamer isn't the best in the world last year in terms of batted ball performance. Right, it gave up a four to twenty five wOBA and x wOBA. However, very small sample size, and when we see the stuff numbers that we have from ken Walda Chuck, that definitely points to a positive regression for him, especially when it's getting a twelve percent withfweight. Right, he had a The changeup has a very interesting approach. Twenty percent of his change ups were elevated. He's kind of doing what Lucas Giolito does a little bit. I don't know if he's trying to get it to play off. The four seemer hitters were not really able to do much with it though when he left it up there with a two seventy two whoba and a two forty x whoba. Right, the slider is a pitch that I actually think falls through the stuff plus and the PLV cracks.
Speaker 5: Right, And you know what the.
Speaker 4: Source I have is for that a member of the Oakland Athletics Organization who says, yeah, that pitch is dirtier, and our internal stuff metrics say that it is better than what any of the public stuff metrics have. Right, it is a PLUS pitch for him. It passes the eye test. It looks absolutely gorgeous, right, not all about the eye test, but I will say there's something about that that really, you know, jumps out to me. He's another pitcher that is free. Obviously there have been some command to shoose in spring. They don't necessarily scare me. Off, he has not guaranteed the number five spot right now.
Speaker 5: Neither are a lot of guys.
Speaker 4: Who've got some significant upside Brandon fought. But at the end of the day, Ken Waldechuk has three plus pitches that I think he's going to be able to succeed with. He's in a plus plus park, and I think, considering the price that he's going right now, he is a really fun risk to take in drafts.
Speaker 1: All right, Nick Pollock, let's talk about the risk of Waldechuck. Now, Alex fast has made his argument. It's time for you to counter and don't let him go three now on you to open this show. That's not good.
Speaker 3: I mean, he might be in a plus plus park, but he plays for a negative negative time team.
Speaker 2: The ceiling.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's the point here. You're not gonna get wins with Ken Walldachuck. This is a guy that you even mentioned. This command has been bad through the miners. It has walk rates have been eleven percent multiple times. We are seeing a lot of walks already this spring is a two plus whip in the spring, which I know is a small sample, but it's.
Speaker 2: Not like this guy is just overwhelming.
Speaker 3: And then you put him in your lineup, then you feel like you get success out of the right out of the gate, like this is, you.
Speaker 2: Might not even get the fifth spot.
Speaker 3: You said, why am I drafting even my twelve teamer? I mean, I don't need to say anything else after that.
Speaker 1: Waldershuck is being drafted as a two hundred and eighteenth pitcher off the board here on the consensus. I misspoke earlier with the number that I gave you, and I gotta tell you, I mean, Alex Fast. You say the four seamer is no good, you say he might not have a spot. Is the fifth guy in the rotation? Nick Pollock? This was an easy one. This was like easy up for you. I think he just dwned on Alex Fast. I think you just went full on Michael Jordan dunk over Patrick Ewing on Alex Fast.
Speaker 5: This one.
Speaker 1: Can I have the guy who doesn't have a good four seemer, who's getting a hit all over the ballpark right now, who might pitch for the A's No, No, I'm sorry. That one goes to Nick Pollocks. So the score is two to one, and we're getting out of the realm of the guys that Alex likes more than Nick. We're gonna flip the script here, and just as a reminder, if you've got drafts going on this week or this weekend, don't forget to use that Draft Assistant with SYNC technology because that's the good stuff right there. And if you're an MVPR Hall of Fame subscriber, you could try it out now. Fantasypros dot Com slash Draft Wizard, download the Fantasy Baseball Draft Wizard app. That's a great way to use it as well. And basically you'll have that technology that you see us using in these mock draft shows that we do all the time, where it tells you the insights of you know, don't take a picture here because the person behind you urry is pitching flush. Go ahead, take the pit of the hitter, and then by the time it comes back to you, you'll be okay. It's got all the insights of when you should take a player, when you shouldn't, what categories you need to beef up in as the draft is going on. If you're playing in rodo so many bells and whistles, can't get it unless you download the Draft Wizard app. And I'm telling you the Draft Assistant it's like having Nick and Alex and myself all in the draft with you, but with a lot less tension, a lot less tensions, much easier again, dowload the Draft Wizard app today. All right, let's get to the Knicks guys. Here, We're gonna start off with somebody read Debtmers, who was another I would say, a fantasy darling. So we started off here with two of the darlings of the community read Deebtmers, the theoretical fifth starter for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheimerfod started. Depending on how you look at that rotation. Innings pitched last year, one hundred and twenty nine seven and six win loss, one hundred and twenty two strikeouts, forty six walks, a three seven seven ERA, and a one point two to one whip. So a lot of people in the community are excited about Debt Mars. Now you are in this excitement level, So get me excited. Nick Pollock about get easy.
Speaker 3: Last year, he turned twenty three mid season, and when he was twenty two, it wasn't very good. His slider wasn't there, his fastball kerbble was all that he had. He threw a no hater, but it was very lucky all that stuff. Then he went to the minors and he just as mechanics fixed his slider and also he looked like an ace in the second half, absolutely dominated and he was just twenty three years old. Now here we are in his sophomore year. He's already gone through his adversity and come back and done incredibly well. And he now he's throwing two chicks harder. We're seeing sitting ninety five is ninety three. Last year sitting ninety five and fast. Will tell you the biggest difference in ability of a fastba velocity is from ninety four to ninety five. The second year at ninety five, it changes the game. That is what Redemers is doing right now. I've been watching him this spring. His slider is still there getting whiffs as well. The kurveballs a solid pitch as well. This is the time to go get Redemverers. You're looking for your breakout around the thirties and forties or so of sps. I mean, he may even be able to wait into the fifties. So so you look in a lot of guys who we don't really like. They have some clear wartz. You don't have as clear a path to actually being a top twenty five starter in the majors. He is still twenty three. He is so much more development left to do. Redebtmers is your guy who can clearly have a twenty five percent plus record, right, great ratios for you. The Angels offense is also pretty good now and you can get you wins. It's not destined for like a seven win season that he had last year. Redebtmers should be a target in all of your fantasy drafts.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, Fast, time to count on Redebtmers. What do you have?
Speaker 5: Joe, would you listen to a liar?
Speaker 1: I would listen to this, believe them?
Speaker 5: Would you trust him? Would you trust him?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: Oh, I wouldn't trust them.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't.
Speaker 4: So when Nick is telling you that I told him that the biggest difference in Velo is ninety four to ninety five.
Speaker 5: Three When it's ninety three to ninety four, that's the kind of analysis that we're hoping to get from our next.
Speaker 1: No. No, No.
Speaker 2: Ninety one in ninety four is like the same, and then ninety four in a bove, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying ninety four to ninety five.
Speaker 4: This is so it's like almost like we can't rely on his information, which is true, because we can't rely on the information that we're hearing from him about redebtments.
Speaker 2: Right again, attacking me and not the player.
Speaker 4: I'm going right for the facts is what I'm going for, sir, and that's what the people deserve, and I'm going to give them the facts. The facts are that when I use PLV, which is again established by the Pictureless team, which is a fantastic metric that people should go to Pittreless dot com and checking up.
Speaker 5: But it's okay, okay, it should be checking out PLV.
Speaker 1: Pl know what x plug is, by the way, Alex is just curious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course I do. X plug is a fantastic metric that everyone should be relying on.
Speaker 1: And and uh and who hosts the x plug?
Speaker 5: You know who who is the x plug?
Speaker 1: Like what site has generated the x plug?
Speaker 4: Do you know there's a question that's a question that you want to ask me on this podcast about you loogle x plug.
Speaker 1: I just want to let you know they may take your computer away, possibly too. But let's let's get back to redebt mers please. Nick Polic is so ashamed you might get your your notice after this show. You might have to get let go potentially. All right, So back to Redebt meers, do you have any tangible arguments here other than your very amusing that are going after Nick Pollock, which are amusing, But so far I don't see where you're hitting Redebt mers. You're just hitting Pollock.
Speaker 4: The point that I'm making is PLV itself, which is a fantastic metric, shows that that four seamer is far below average.
Speaker 5: Right, stuff plus PLV all say.
Speaker 4: That that four seamer, it's a sub ninety weighted stuff plus we're looking for four seamers to be one hundred or more. Right, it's thirty fourth percentile in PLV. Right, and guess what the slider itself. The slider itself was about above average in terms of PLV and stuff plus. Right, Nick said himself that this is a you know, we want a guy who's gonna have two plus pitches, right, we want a guy who's not just gonna have a foundation on one pitch. The slider is a plus pitch, even though stuff plus and PLV say that it isn't. The slider is a very very good pitch. But as Nick said, we need more than one. We don't have it in the four steamer. We don't have it in the curveball we saw last year before he went down to the Miners, that he's capable of a mid four era. I think people are not baking into account that there is a floor here for Reed Debtmers.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: He is with an organization that has never been able to significantly develop pitching, and I'm just not necessarily going to bite on the fact that one half a season from Redebtners means that all of a sudden he is a mid to low three e R guy. There are guys being drafted after him that have had more success and have been able to sustain that success over the course of a full year. So if I'm just getting one pitch with the potential to have a mid four e R going at that point in the draft, that's a little bit scary to me.
Speaker 1: I'm the list of clarity. So you know, alex X plug is a fake metric that the Welsh and I have made up and we try to get people on it on the show, and congratulations, You're the first one I've gotten. So I understand it catches you off guard. And it sounds like it could be a thing. Hence why will lie frantically And I'm sure that came up were very disturbing of whatever they.
Speaker 2: Might call them out right away fast.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Chance.
Speaker 1: That was the image that came up as the walls the wa wash of the well, which I was at Jared Wells over here, so oh my goodness, Alex, I gotta tell you, man, he's just really there was this nothing there.
Speaker 3: There's just a hell of it.
Speaker 1: Was this empty nothing there for Redebt Meers. I'm going here with Nick Pollock on redet Look. Redetvers pitched pretty well last year for a team that wasn't great. I'm still very skeptical about the Angels. I'm skeptical of the Rangers. I think one of those two teams might be good this year, but it is going to take a lot of things going their way. But I think Redetmers is a player that's on his way up, and still when you look at where he's going technically right now, he's a seventy fifth pitcher going overall, he's going after John Gray. Ironically on the Texas Rangers. I see those guys in a very similar light. But debt. Maer's a little bit younger. I think that's the kind of thing you're looking at with a little bit more upside, a little bit more appeal potentially for what he could be. And then after that it's reclamation projects like Jack Flaherty or Jose Burrios, who every third game he pitches is palatable. I mean, I'm gonna take a shot on Redetmer. So there you go. We're tied it too. Here let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks. The fan Tracks team is excited to announce their fan Tracks Game Day Experience giveaway. Fan Tracks will be sending one lucky Fantasy Baseball league to any regular season MLB game of their choice, along with one thousand dollars towards travel and accommodations. And here's how to enter. Go to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros and either create a new league or join an active league, or bring over your existing leagues from another platform for free. Existing fan Tracks leagues are automatically included in the giveaway. The more leagues you create and join, the more chances you have to win. So one active league, one entry, four active leagues four entries. You see the math I'm laying out here, so no purchase necessary. Again, that's fantracks dot Com slash Fantasy Pros for your chance to win the fan Tracks Game Day Experience giveaway. And now back to the action. Jesus Lozzardo. Next guy in the list here that Nick likes more than Alex twenty twenty two stats one hundred innings pitched. The problem with Hazus Lozardo or always negative here in terms of the innings, does it quite get you that one eighty or two hundred Please forget it, four and seven record with a one twenty ks and a thirty five walk. You got the three thirty two er in a one point zero four whip with Hayze Luis Wizardo. So my biggest problem with Lozardo is obviously the one I said, Nick, which is the fact that you just don't get enough Lozardo, and I want more, especially the good version. So what makes you think we're gonna get the good version of hazels Sozardo in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Well, he got the good version of hazos zarda before and after injury last year three thirty two ear as you mentioned one four whip with a thirty percent k rate in that time. And oh guess what, he's throwing ninety seven right now and hit one hundred in spring training.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. He's going at the forty six pitcher according to Fantasy pros SP.
Speaker 3: And at that point, you know, if jazs Lozarda was guaranteed for one hundred fifty innings, there's no way he's forty six.
Speaker 2: It's twenty five thirty or so.
Speaker 3: And when to make that jump, its health as opposed to actual skills development, that's always a better bet, especially at forty six, where there's no guarantee that these guys are actually going to excel at their draft stock. So give me the guy with a great skills with a better fastball, which was his weakness point and it's now better. And we saw actually excel when it was at ninety seven at the beginning before the injury last year. He had a twelve strikeout game in his first game of the season last season with an elite changeup that had a twenty five percent swing striker last year, a phenomenal curve ball. This all makes sense, And look, if you want to say about the wins with Miami Sandal Kintara had easily double digit wins last year, and Hazeus Lozardo has the ability to go six innings on a given night with a ton of strikeouts, good ratios. I would rather go on that, and even if it's one hundred and thirty innings, I get quality than from Jesus Lozardo, which is not what I can say with everybody that's getting drafted around him.
Speaker 1: That is fair, quality is good quality, and quantity is better. Two years ago, yeah, six and a half the ra it was pretty terrifying there. So all right, Hazeus Lozardo fast, you got an opportunity here to kind of throw a little CounterPunch because there's definitely some holes in this game with Lizardo in terms of staying healthy, staying on the mound, being consistent, and again, you know, it's great to have a picture that gives you quality innings, but if you're in a head to head format, he's only giving you a hundred of them. That's a problem.
Speaker 4: We're talking about context when it comes to this podcast, too, because we're talking about one ranking system for another ranking system, So the context is very important of Nick having Hazos Sozardo thirty first right, and I mean there are fantastic notes on his pieces. In the first note about jzos Sozarto is I know, I'm too dang high on Jesus Lozardo.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's always going after me.
Speaker 1: The consensus. He is the sixty second starting pitchering going off the board in the consensus, you are twice as high as the consensus.
Speaker 5: That is also a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a red flag there. You're you're you're leading down a right path. Continue on. I want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've made some very apt points. Right We're talking about a guy who fifty nine innings coming in a little bit of relief in twenty twenty and obviously the twenty twenty season. Then we get ninety five innings in twenty twenty one, and then we say, okay, maybe this is the season where we know he's actually going to be starting and we could see him go the entire course of the year, and we get one hundred innings. Right now, I think that one of the other problems that we're talking about here is Nick, are you just reacting because of the PILs Legacy League. Right now, I'm reacting.
Speaker 3: I'm reacting to you having Jack Flaherty one above. This is like, are you gonna believe this guy, Jack? It hasn't been good for years and it has an actual injury going on with him, while Lozardo has actually just been fantastic and is a way different picture than he was in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, no, please carry.
Speaker 5: On, Let's finish the point about about hazos Zardo here.
Speaker 1: This is a guy.
Speaker 4: One of the things that we always talk about is the Tommy John honeymoon, right, could be about three hundred innings, right, He is way past that Tommy johnn honeymoon. When it comes to three hundred innings. He had that long time ago, more than three hundred innings ago. So now we're talking about we have data that's saying after three hundred innings you are more likely to not succeed as well. And while you could theoretically say, yeah, he's already hitting one hundred in spring, how many times does an increase in a velocity also lead to more injury risk? Right, So we have a guy who's already injury prone, already hitting one hundred, has never thrown over one hundred and one innings in all of baseball, and we want to be taking him as the thirty first pitcher off the board. It doesn't bake in enough of the fact that he could just not pitch for you for three quarters of the year.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I'm hearing the fact that it's bad to have better velocity.
Speaker 2: This is the first time I've heard this.
Speaker 4: When it comes to I'm just saying, in the context of injury risk, better velocity does not necessarily mean for a guy who has.
Speaker 5: Injured injury prone as humane.
Speaker 1: Huh. I would.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind a ramp up from zos Azara and do what Alec is doing. Chris Bassett is doing, not ninety seven. I wouldn't mind a ramp up in spring training. I'm just saying, Hey, if it works for Chris Bassett and Alec Manoa, then I guess it works for others.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Well, Nick Palk, the fact he got a little bit defensive there at the end tells me that there's something that you're a little concerned with. I mean, you just kind of came back a little bit here where at the end there.
Speaker 2: You're like, damn that was such a ridiculous statement.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous or not, there's something about that that first one. You were so clear, you know you're out of debt. Mers you just let it. You just kind of walked off, you dropped the bike something that you went back there and you were you were punching at the end. You got real personal there. I kind of feel like there's something there where you.
Speaker 2: Do again it's about me and not the player, right, No, this time it.
Speaker 1: Was about the player. This time, to me, it was about the player and the fact that the player again you know where they're going. In terms of the starting pitcher, is the forty six starting pitcher off the board, as they said before a little this in the sixties. In terms of pitcher overall going, uh, the trick is. And the problem is with Lizardo. It's this tantalizing thing of a guy who has these brilliant moments, but he can't stay on the field, he can't take the ball every fifth day. And last year, believe it or not, that hundred innings that was a career high for him in Major League Baseball. And that is a problem for me. I want to I want to use over certain pictures one thing to clarify.
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no means continue to find. That's absolutely fine, not about on your own. You stay sixties for consensus? Do you mean sty cir consensus Pitcher over all the forty six So I said forty six sp so fast, but you're.
Speaker 1: Still at thirty something, which is even understanding.
Speaker 2: But you're saying I'm double, which is which.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely You've got him ahead of I assume the guys like I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to understand what we're working with here.
Speaker 1: You can't have him over those guys that have been there, done that at the big league level. That has how I feel about it very far. I'm not saying if you can't take a guy like Lozardo for the upside, and I get that, you can't take him where you want to take him, I think that's my big problem. So I'm going to give.
Speaker 3: Him fast is farther away from the consensus.
Speaker 1: Don't kiss my end. Don't be nice to me just because you like just you know, I'm just trying to me this whole. That's really good, Joe, that's really SMARTE far from respect person.
Speaker 5: What you're saying.
Speaker 1: Clear, he's farther away from the consensus, yes than I in terms.
Speaker 5: Of oh I have him in the sixties exactly, but he is the sixty second picture.
Speaker 2: He's the forty sixth starting.
Speaker 1: Forty sixth starting pitcher of the sixty.
Speaker 3: Seconds in the sixties of starting pitchers. I am in the thirties. I just want that to be understood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're still way ahead, but you're still thirty as opposed to know Yeah yeah, sure, yeah, yeah yeah sure the point yeah yeah yeah. All right, let's get to another guy here, because right now we've got Alex Fast ahead of Nick Pollock three two. So all right, Champ, coming back to you here, Hunter Brown. Now things are set up well for you here because I'm a fan and just like last year, I was a fan of Christian Hoveer and people saying, oh, he's looking to shut the rodation. That was nonsense. Somebody's gonna get hurt, something's gonna happen. I remember Jacob Arizi showed up there too in a town and people wanted to drop Christian Hobvier. They got all sad and be well, if you held on, things went well. Now I'm not saying he's Christian Javier. Nobody really is. But Hunter Brown certainly has a pedigree, certainly has that dual eligibility to SPRP, which you gotta love. He's going into a situation where there's opportunity in this rotation as Houston is a defending champs. Yes, they're gonna be without Altuve for a while, but let's talk about it here. Give me the four to one one one Hunter Brown and why people should be drafting him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so I'm actually pretty close to the sp consensus, which is sixty two. I have him a fifty one fast and has him in the eighties and he's just not even gonna touch him here.
Speaker 2: And you have a great situation for Hunter Brown.
Speaker 3: First and foremost of course, he has the fifth rotation spontlets Mculoris's hurt.
Speaker 2: Who knows when that is coming back.
Speaker 3: He's starting to throw a little bit, but he's had injury questions all all his career, and plitching for the Astros is just an amazing thing. You have wins on your side, You have the development on your side, which has been proven over the years. You also have a fantastic defense on your side. Hunter Brown from a skill set perspective, I mean, he came in and he dominated last year.
Speaker 2: He throw harbor, the fastball, has two great secondaries.
Speaker 3: It's all there, and it's just kind of easy for you to go and get this in your leagues at sixty two.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a big fan of that. I don't really know what else there is to say.
Speaker 3: He's going around guys in the consensus that are okay, but they're not really guys are going to push the needle, while Hunter Brown is in this prime situation to actually change how your league goes as opposed to taking someone that is pretty similar to other things you'll find on the wire.
Speaker 1: Lance Pacolor certainly has had his issues once again. Now there are all these guys that teases us with the electric stuff, but you know, unfortunately can't stay on the field. And to me, at the end of the day, I mean, you're starting at a Deficits bad enough, injuries are going to happen. Hunder Brown's very intriguing. He is very inexpensive. Alex fast why are you so down on Hunter Brown?
Speaker 5: So it's not that I'm down on Hunter Brown. I recognize that there is upside there.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that people are baking in the warts that are there right, are quick to point out, you know, there was a fantastic pitching Ninja gift that showed the similar mechanics between him and Justin Verlander, while you know, then came out and was like, yeah, but they're very different four seamers, and they are right. The one thing that I wanted to keep track of was what was going to happen with Hunter Brown's walk rate?
Speaker 5: Right, if we go back to his minor.
Speaker 4: League career, we have a thirteen percent walk rate in Double A in fifty innings, then we have a ten percent walk rate in TRIPAA over fifty innings. Then we have an eleven percent walk rate in twenty twenty two over one hundred and six innings, and we already saw about a nine percent walk rate over twenty innings. And I don't think that's necessarily going to get better for him. And what's happening in spring training, he's already jumping up the walks. He does not have the command that we have what we want to see from Hunter Brown. I think there is upside there. I don't deny that, but we also have the fact that when it comes to Houston, they have shown as an organization that they are going to take get easy with their younger pitchers. We saw it with Christian Javier last year didn't get one hundred and fifty innings. We saw it with Luis Garcia.
Speaker 5: We even saw it with Joe Musgrove when he was a part of that organization.
Speaker 4: They said, great, you're going to start in relief and then guess what, We're going to transition you into a little bit of a starting pitcher and then we're going to let you shine in a year or two. We have data that shows that, and we saw that a little bit with Hunter Brown last year. While I do understand that he is the number five right now, Lance mccullors is already throwing again, and while he's not going to make Opening Day, he will be back. Either he comes back and we see a six man rotation or we're relying on another person that's going to get hurt. So now we have two issues that we're dealing with, a lack of surety about playing time with an all but guarantee that we're going to get a one hundred and fifty innings or fewer, and command issues that could really rear its head. There are warts there and people need to take them into account more.
Speaker 1: How many stars does he make Alex Fast this year?
Speaker 4: I think he can make under twenty. I think he can make fifteen to eighteen starts.
Speaker 1: All right, what's your now, Nick Pollock on Hunter Browns. More than twenty more than twenty? Yeah, wow, more than twenty potential starts for a picture going where he's currently going here, that's pretty tantalizing here as a sixty second starting pitcher off the board for the Houston Astros of defending champs. To me, that's a fun risk I want to take. And you know what, I kind of like the old school feel of that, hey, starting the bullpen kind of thing, because, you know what, that's how we used to develop pictures back in my day. I remember Johan Santana used to throw out of the boop and then eventually became a cy young. A lot of pictures used to start out that way in the eighties and nineties and even into the early two thousands there where that was part of the training ground was getting to that point. I don't think that's a bad thing. I think that actually builds some confidence. The one thing I will say, though, you didn't make a great point about the walk rate, comes to Hunter Brown. But the strikeout rate it's pretty darn good too. So he gets in trouble, he can get out of some of that trouble. I don't look at him to be a good guy in a quality start league, but I do look for him to be a picture that I want to take a chance on. Ing Gosh, I'm just such a sucker for that RPSP eligibility, So go ahead, put it on the board. Yes, Hunter Brown. Once again, Nick Pollock has tied the score, so we are tied here. I hate when we're tied. Nobody ties me. Last year, the tiebreaker question was Jacob Degram. This year, we got a couple bonus this year. So we've got two pictures here, Michael Kopek, who is obviously this great enigma, and Nadi Avaldi for the Texas Rangers. So Copec the Chicago White Sox picture du jour here for the last few years as a prospect, the guy who has incredible radar, guns stuff, quote unquote, but has struggled at times to harness all of that at the major league level. And then Nadie Evaldi, a guy that once again gives us some good moments here and there. He's had some injuries, he's had some better trajectory for his career. Last year a three eight seven ERA, but again just threw one hundred and nine innings last year Copek at one hundred and nineteen innings. So Coopek and e Evaldi, these guys are going kind of close to each other. I'm curious. Let's go with you since you're the rating champ here, Nick Pollock, Michael Kopek, Nadi Evaldi.
Speaker 5: Who do you like?
Speaker 1: Who do you dislike? Tell me why, and hopefully one of you makes a good argument here and somehow courage my favor.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, Michael Kopek. You could go with for certain reasons. You had a knee injury last year that really messed him up through the season. He was up and down with the velocity start by start, and getting that repaired makes you think, Okay, he's going to be all right. However, what I've seen so far is not the Michael Kopec that we've wanted him to be. We've wanted him to be ninety seven miles per hour with it, with a fantastic slider and curveball, and I cannot trust that this is the year that Michael Kopeks all of a sudden just going to click in and have the velocity has not had that velocity in the spring training you see Nathani Evaldi. The big worry for him was that the velocity was down in the second half last year. It was down in ninety three ninety four, and that was terrifying. He still found a way to have a decent e array in that time, but this was not the picture that he wants to trust for a full year. The good news he's already at ninety six. Yes, he already has had a small moment of delay, but he's e pitched the other day.
Speaker 2: He looks good to go.
Speaker 3: The Rangers should be a decent team to pitch for as well this season. I think Nathan Uvaldi is going to be a more consistent and easier decision as a fantasy manager than Michael Kopek, where you will not know what you're going to get on a given day. Nathan Valdi, you draft him and he's going to help your team right out of the get go. You're going to get a higher chance of wins as he goes later on into games as well. I think Aovaldi is the choice to make today, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so Evaldi is the guy that you are choosing again. One hundred and eight two innings in twenty twenty one for Evaldi, that was a pretty good season for him. You can get anything close to that if you do look year over here. Eovaldi did have that era kind of closed. Some of the other ratios were kind of in that neighborhood, but unfortunately health was the problem holding him back. Copek a little bit of an enigma. Alex Fast Ivaldi or Kopec who would rather have in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 4: To me, I think they are fantastic points made, and I'm all so going to go with Nathany Evaldi. And here's why we're trying to gauge the difference between floor and ceiling, right, we want to know where the difference is between floor and ceiling.
Speaker 5: And I think you can make.
Speaker 4: An argument that not only is the floor higher for Nathan Yivaldi. I mean, my goodness, we saw you know, the five point. You know, we've seen poor statistics from Copec in the past, but the ceiling is also higher for Nathany Ivaldi. Right, we know that theoretically you can get one hundred and fifty one hundred and sixty innings out of him. And while Nick brings up a very good point about the foresemer last year, he went to that splitter a little bit more when the foreseen velocity was not trending in the right direction.
Speaker 5: And what did we see?
Speaker 4: Great results? A one ninety three wOBA, a twenty four percent swinging strike rate.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So the question is, then, if Nathanyivaldi.
Speaker 4: Is not able to return with that velocity which he has been in spring training. Right, he's obviously been sidelined a little bit with this injury that he's dealing with, it doesn't look to be too big of a deal. But when he's back, he's already sitting at that foreseam velocity, which means, hey, okay, we're getting the four se and velocity now we're also getting the splitter with the improved whift rate. Overall, put that together, and you're dealing with the Nathan Yavaldi that you like to see, which is a mid to high three ERA, a good strike rate, and a good team behind him to get him a good amount of wins. But if you're listening to that and you say, but Alex, you already hit the nail on the head. We're already dealing with some injury concerns. Who are we comparing him to Michael Kopek, a guy that hasn't been able to throw one hundred and ten one hundred and twenty innings over the course of his career so far. So if we can say that the injury concerns are a wash when we're talking about this two guys, then go with the high upside guy. Go with the guy who has been there before. Go with the guy who is showing the higher velocity in spring training, sitting where he needs to sit.
Speaker 5: Go with Nathan Yivaldi.
Speaker 1: All right, so you both at a Evaldi, which I also would have said. So now we're officially in extra innings here, so we're gonna have to put somebody on second base. So here we go. We go back to an Aldi. But a goodie here. Jacob deGrom right now is going as these six starting off the board. Spencer Strider is going as the seventh starting pitcher over the board, Alex Fast. Who would you rather have in twenty twenty three, Jacob de Gram or Spencer Strider?
Speaker 5: I would rather have. I'm digging in my heels. I would rather have Jacob de Gram.
Speaker 4: When Jacob de Gram is pitching, he is unarguably the best pitcher in all of baseball. Okay, you can say whatever you want about Spencer Strider. He could break the k you know, the amount of ks that a pitcher records over the course of the season. We are in uncharted territory when it comes to Spencer Strider. There is a two pitch mix. Historically, two pitch mixes do not succeed super well over the course of the year. Again, he is in a class of his own because when it comes to that two pitch mix, no one has the four seemer he has. No one has the slider that he has. But when the two of them are pitching at the same time, there isn't a doubt. Right, let's do that for a second. Hey, I say, I'm gonna give you a hundred innings of Spencer Strider. I'm gonna give you one hundred innings of Jacob de Gram. You're not gonna say, let me think about it for a second. You're gonna say, give me Jacob de Grom. Right, and what point do we get to where the answer is Spencer Strider? When I say it's eighty innings versu one hundred. When I say it's seventy innings versus one hundred when I say it's sixty. Where is that line? Don't even have to draw it for yourself. The arsenal is there for Jacob de Grom. I think that he is going to be able to whatever the amount of innings total is, put up better numbers for you than Spencer Strider by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Nick Pollock, the floor is yours, Spencer Strider or Jacob de Gram.
Speaker 2: Spencer Strider is the correct answer. I'm going to tell you why.
Speaker 3: I first and foremost you say that two pitch pictures doesn't historically is not worked. There's someone named Randy Johnson that maybe did a fastball slider and maybe succeeded doing that for a long time.
Speaker 1: There's also a Scumber, and there's.
Speaker 3: Also maybe Jacob de Gram that essentially is a two pitch picture with fastball sliders. Right now, who's making that work? Sure he has a change up, he has a curball. He's actually had quotes saying why would I throw these? Because I have my fast one slider better, and I just I allow a hind on that and go why did I throw that. Here's a problem with drafting Jacob deGrom is we all know that on a per start basis he is better. But where you're getting him is where you're putting yourself in position of too much risk. It's not a question of one hundred innings versus one forty. It's a question of forty innings in one fifty or so. You are putting yourself in the way of losing this valuable, valuable draft pick, while Spencer Stridder does not carry that same floor. It's that simple. We know the skill set of Spencer's strider, we know he's an elite starter a per start basis. I'm going with that security, especially early in the draft.
Speaker 1: It's also a much better team the Atlanta Braves, you know when you think about that too. Again, we talked about this on the Football Show, were talking about the Baseball Show. To the the ecosystem there of Atlanta defensively, offensively, it's a much better situation potentially for him. The one hundred innings is very intriguing argument. Alex Fast. You know, the problem is you don't see one hundred innings from Jacob deGrom last couple years, and then again twenty twenty is what it was. So obviously a different scenario there for Jacob de Grom, but that high to have to take that kind of risk, I just can't get there. And I can't believe two years in a row you're gonna lose on the same question. That's why I can't believe. It's almost like when you started saying, Jacob de Gram, you saw it was like three balls there and bases were loaded, and Nick Pollock knew you were just gonna walk in that last block. That's what it felt like. You could see him on the YouTube channel if you haven't a ray subscribed to the YouTube channel, because these just kind of shows you got to watch where he just kind of put his hands behind his head and you were like Icarus, Alex, you were just flying so close to this there.
Speaker 4: But Jacob, it's so funny to lose on the greatest picture in the world, crass me up.
Speaker 1: But to be the greatest picture in the world in fantasy, you gotta be out there for thirty starts, And that I think is the problem. It's we always want to think the best spring is that eternal optimistic time of year. I kind of want to be a realist at this point about Jacob de Grom, I'm hoping and wishing if this was Jacob de Grom at SP fifteen, I'm in, let's go. But he's right now going ahead of some guys. I mean, you had to be honest with you justin Verland or even Woodruff, Shaye McClanahan. I mean, there's a lot of guys now still that you can make that case or just feel a little bit safer. And I know you like the whole you want to be aggressive. You're not first year, last all that kind of mentality. At the end of the day, I hate saying this is something that hurts my soul. Nick Pollock, you have now one back to back years here on the Great Pitching Debate. So congratulations, you win my undying respect. You already have my gratitude, you already have my love. But yes, I mean I wanted a little variant here. I wanted Fast to get one this year so that next year we could come back and have it kind of be the tie breaker. But Fast, I feel like you're quickly becoming like the Buffalo Bills of this competition. We've got to stop the bleeding here.
Speaker 5: I'll say this. There's a fantastic stat that I think it is.
Speaker 4: Jordan Rosenblum tweeted that is how many starts does it take each starting picture to accrue the same amount of fantasy value as Jacob de Gram. He didn't put out that stat about Spencer Strider, who, by the way, it would take about one and a half to two starts.
Speaker 5: To accrue the same value. But I understand.
Speaker 4: I will hang my hat on the Jacob de Gram mantle. I don't know how you would finish that phrase, and I will.
Speaker 5: I will graciously accept defeat.
Speaker 4: And these are always such a blast to do to be able to, you know, just to get out the aggression and pretend. I like to pretend we're on Judge Judy or my Little Judge Judy, and I are.
Speaker 1: Called Judge Judy. In the past, I've had people many times on the street have mistaken me for Judge Judy all the time. You know, I will say this to you, and you're not wrong. It's the quality of the Jacob de Gram starts are in just they're just worldly. It's something that's in a different universe. But at the same time, you know, so many people are playing in these head to head formats. Now, where you make an investment that early, not only does it set you back because you don't have you've missed out on the hitting, but now you've angered your rotation to a picture who has now dragged you down as well. And I think that, to me is where it really starts to go. I'm shocked that we got to this point in the season here in draft season, where Jacob de Gram's discount isn't greater. I understand the early adp. Everyone's just josy and throwing things together, especially because he had an injury in spring training like he had you in spring training. I'm like, what's the problem. I just want to shake somebody and say, can we please get a discount on Jacob Gram. I've gotta draft tonight and I can't wait to see what the salary cap league prices on Jacob Degram. I can tell you I threw him back into the pile in that league because he was gonna be fifty plus dollars and I ain't spending fifty dollars on Jacob Degram. But I just can't do that. Nick Pollock, what are you gonna do with your fictitious winnings? Here this year for year two is that spent it on?
Speaker 5: This card is.
Speaker 2: Alex Fast right here and here here is like a rookie card.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Oh wow, all that's value.
Speaker 2: That's pure value.
Speaker 5: You're smatching.
Speaker 3: What is the verdict for Nick Pollock to win above Alex Fast? Thank you so much, Joe for really I know how much that just hurt your soul.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 1: Well again, I like good competition, and you guys had good competition. Alex Fast. You came out of the gate hot and heavy, and then you know, maybe next year you train for the marathon, not the sprint. That's you want to say. Gentlemen, It's always so great to talk to you. Pitture List is the place everybody if you're trying to get your data. The team there is unbelievable. They have real statistics, not made faked ones like we do. Like we made up here. Nick Pollock, give us the quick picture list plug here real quick at the end of the show and tell everybody all the fun things you got going on this season, because we got a lot of cool stuff happening.
Speaker 2: What is happening, guys?
Speaker 3: We have an amazing daily morning podcast called The First Pitch podcast that you have to listen to all day through the season. Also my plus pitch podcast going over all the pitching stuff. But we have pl pro which is the best thing to prepare for your drafts, live draft assistance, our PLB projections with ATC which is incredible, our season long projections, our auction drafts calculator, our dfs, and weekly fantasy projections as well. Go check it out pitch us dot com, Slash Premium.
Speaker 1: Follow both the guys on the Twitter machine at alex Fast eight and at Picture List. Gentlemen, I'm just so grateful for your time. Your energy is infectious. I love you both, and it's great to have these conversations for our audience because these are pictures that a lot of people want to know what your thoughts are, and you know, these are investments that can really make or break leagues. A lot of these guys so great stuff. As always, I can't wait for year three. Alex Fast, We're gonna start to go fund me to start your training for your marathon right here. That'll do it for us. With the story of the game goes on for Alex and Nick, I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball podcast, Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.