Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in ASA. I'm Stephen Cara, and I'm joined by our equity supporter at Winnie Sue for more Winnie, good morning. Let's start with a big IPO from the humanoid robot maker Uni Tree. How is their first day in the market's going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it's a very successful first day at school. Now, I don't know if our audience knows much about Uni Tree Robotics, but they might have seen these viral videos earlier this year around the Chinese New Year, where these robots were just dancing and performing martial arts and very precise motion.
Speaker 4: So that is the maker of this these robots.
Speaker 1: Now, this company actually was shares We're up as much as six hundred and thirty percent at the open pairing a little bit, now up some four hundred percent or so after the company have raised about nine hundred and four million US dollars in its IPO in Shanghai.
Speaker 4: Now there is a lot.
Speaker 1: Of excitement when it comes to the retail space, because we actually saw the company. The portion was subscribed by over five thousand and five hundred times earlier in the month, and the excitement really shows up because it plays such a strategic role in this AI race between the US and China, and in fact, with this IPO, the company Unitree Robotics is now the very first publicly traded humanoid robot maker in mainland China and perhaps in fact the very first pure play humanoid robot stocks that we see on any public market, because most of them are actually private values. So another key point of this IPO is that it sets potentially the global valuation anchor of the whole humanoid space, So we really want to see how it goes to play out further. Obviously, fundamentals are quite strong. You have Deep Seek as the strategic sponsor, Plus you are seeing the industry really growing pretty fast, with JP Morgan expecting the Chinese market to take up about fifty percent of this whole humanoid robotics space by twenty thirty. So with that, we really want to see going forward how this dancing robot is actually going to become more commercially viable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a really interesting gauge, as you say, of investor appetite in that space. Winnie, let's go next to the Internet giant buy do shares plummeting after their latest earnings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, not too much appetite in that space, though when it comes to earnings, a pretty disappointing revenue falling for a fifth quarter. Now, the disappointment comes in different folds. Obviously, its core business in the advertisement business, which is usually quite hard high margin, continues to struggle because of the rivals from social media, but also these AI chatbots.
Speaker 4: But then outside of the core.
Speaker 1: Ads, you're looking at the AI space, which is also showing a slowdown in growth. Its model actually is not as good as the other open weight rivals, the likes of Moonshot Ai for example, so that part is also struggling. Then you combine that with the lack of visibility and its spin off of its chip unit quin Lunching, which was not really meant mentioned in the management call. So these are all showing up in the stock price, with shares plummeting about twelve percent at this point, and it is the latest example of how weaknesses is really showing up in these Chinese internet names with disappointing earnings earlier from Tencent and j dot Com as well.
Speaker 4: And we have Ali Baba to see tomorrow and just.
Speaker 3: Very briefly when he unshow me, we've got shares up in the company today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's an interesting one because in fact, we did see the third quarter of profit decline, especially some weakness in the EV unit. But what investors really liked is how the smartphone business also was able to perform better than expected. Revenue was slightly better than the estimated thanks to its price hikes and the better product mix. And one important thing is that this is coming as we're seeing the stabilization when it comes to the rise in memory in memory chips, and that perhaps means that there's going to be less pressure on these names going on.
Speaker 2: All right, the Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.