Speaker 1: Ye what you all been waiting for?
Speaker 2: You in the way up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 1: Whoop, it's way up with Angela yee. What's good? Happy Tuesday? What's up?
Speaker 2: A key?
Speaker 1: What's back again?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What's up? How are you?
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 4: I keep forgetting about that sound bite?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well, you know, we do have a big announcement today and we're in the process of planning things. But we'll talk about that in the next hour or so. But Mario is also going to be joining us today. You know, he's on that Chris Brown and Usha tour. Annie had his first baby earlier this year.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so congratulations to him. He's got a lot to celebrate. He's also got new music on the way. We'll discuss all of those things.
Speaker 1: Mario.
Speaker 5: The thing about a conversation with him is that it always gets really in depth. Oh you know, you're going to enjoy a deep dive. And he's a virgo and he has all these virgo qualities, basically.
Speaker 1: Very moody.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, let's shine a light when we come back. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty call us up. Let us know who you want to spend some love to who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 1: Its way up? Shine?
Speaker 6: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 1: Shine the light on them, Shine the light on them.
Speaker 2: It's time to shine a light on all right as well?
Speaker 5: Yet body angela ye's me and Aquim Woods and it's time to shine a light. And today I want to shine a light on celebrity makeup artists. Mimi Johnson who has officially launched a glam track now, she just launched this last week and it's been more than fifteen years in the making, is what she wrote. She's worked as a makeup artist across TV, film editorial and so what this new glam track does is it can be tied to a client profile that stores skin notes, allergies, undertones and preferences, and a full history of past looks and the products used to create them. And then artists can also connect their existing affiliate accounts like Amazon, Sephora, TikTok, Shop Map Cosmetics to a personal affiliate vault. Once a product is tagged to a look, then that link attaches automatically, so when a client shops the recap, the artist earns the commission and there's no extra steps.
Speaker 1: How clever is that?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's amazing, she said.
Speaker 1: This is personal.
Speaker 5: It's been a true labor of love, faith, sacrifice, and a whole lot of learning. But Glamtrack can be a game changer for the beauty industry. So it went live on July twenty ninth. Founding member pricing is available through August twenty ninth, and so go and check it.
Speaker 4: Out if you That's a really helpful app.
Speaker 7: I agree, because normally you like, I want to look like this, and you show them pictures like, well, I don't know what that is now.
Speaker 5: And then a lot of times, if you're trying to get a makeup artist out of town or somewhere else, someone's never done your makeup before, it's helpful for them to see the looks you've done.
Speaker 1: In the past.
Speaker 5: But you like the products that were used to create those looks, what type of number of the foundation you might need, all of those things.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know, she said, her client texted her eight months after her bridal trial, needing every product and every step I used on her, and she wasn't organized enough to just have that.
Speaker 1: So this will be helpful. Now, Zay, who do you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: I want to shout a light on my mom, our family.
Speaker 1: Pig and my Okay, any names, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got people?
Speaker 1: Natalie Harmony and did you just ask somebody's name? No, just had to take how many kids you have?
Speaker 2: I have four, but I intended the family.
Speaker 4: Now I have being all together ten kids.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, it's family.
Speaker 2: But you know, I know.
Speaker 1: Holiday is expensive for you.
Speaker 5: Very all right, Well, shout out to the family and thank you for callings eight.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, thank you. All right.
Speaker 5: Well that was shining light eight hundred and nine fifty fifty just in case you could not get through. And when we come back, we have your e T and Carti B is celebrating and making history and we'll tell you what this celebration can entail and why.
Speaker 1: All right, it's way.
Speaker 6: Up, they say, ms from industry shade to all the gossip out Angela's feeling that et Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's way yup. But Angela yee Yakimwidge's hair ready to gossip with me?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: All right, So Cardi B made history yesterday when Watt became certified diamond and She went on social media and said, oh, y'all watched this when Diamond, me and Meg the Stallion really did that. Love y'all so much. Thank you for streaming and making history with us. She has the record now for the most Diamond certified songs by a female rapper with four So that's I like it, Bodak Yellow Girls Like You, which is a Maroom five collaboration, and now this all right there, four time Diamond, I know that's right. Here's what she had to say as she is celebrating.
Speaker 1: If you baby.
Speaker 9: Daddy's I don't do you know what I'm saying, because if the money gotta be in the building, did I need to?
Speaker 4: Like, I really want to.
Speaker 9: Throw a party because it's just like, I just want to celebrate. I want to celebrate my new record. I want to celebrate the four diamonds. I want to I just want to celebrate life.
Speaker 4: Look at her. Okay, celebrate life, girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta watch the full video. It's a lot more explicit than what we were allowed to play. Ah, believe me, I've seen it all right now forty. In the meantime, Speaking to Music is dropping the first quadruple album in rap history.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's been triple albums, but not a quadruple. Now it is ten tracks over four different albums, so that's forty songs, which you.
Speaker 1: Know, that's it could be a double.
Speaker 4: I think that's too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Sing, but I hope it's what best. I like to look.
Speaker 5: Well, here's his latest single, some Mate right featuring Juvenile. Okay, and by the way, just recently I Don't Fu two with Big Sean that went Diamond.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Diamond Records.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's a good song.
Speaker 1: I was in an E forty video for a hot second. Worth is flit second?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, just go to it?
Speaker 1: Okay, eight forty all right?
Speaker 5: Checked my status and I'm kidding. There was a lot of us they do, you know? We all made guest appearances. And speaking of albums and numbers, fifty cent and Rick Ross, they're never gonna not be going at it. Fifty cent posted olo. I'm sorry it's over. It can't fake it forever. He put that on social media with an article that said that Ross had hit a new chart low with his latest album Set in Stone.
Speaker 4: Oh I did know we had an album coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just actually just had him on lip Service. Oh nice, and that album's out and he's also on tour right now. Now, what they're saying the streaming report for Set in Stones first two weeks, it's about forty two and a half forty two point five thousand albums sold, So that's equivalent to twenty two thousand the first week, twenty thousand the second week, which usually albums drop off a lot in the second week, so it's a little steady, which is not a bad thing. Here's what Rick Ross had to say.
Speaker 2: You pulled the.
Speaker 3: Streamer report to Souta and Stone first two weeks with sixty three point five millions dreams. That equates to approximately forty two point five k albums so, which does not include the physical products. That's equivalent to Ricky Rose selling twenty two thousand and first week and twenty the second week, which is no fall off.
Speaker 2: It's a long game we're playing.
Speaker 10: Here, guys.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I don't know anything about member.
Speaker 1: It's out.
Speaker 4: It's out, is out. Go listen, y'all.
Speaker 5: All right, Well that is your yet and when we come back, we have about last night where we discussed what we did last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was out last night.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think should I put this person on the last but being super late, I think you should.
Speaker 1: All right, it's way.
Speaker 2: Up last nights that went down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm here with I can wait.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And what did you do last night?
Speaker 4: Last night?
Speaker 7: I had to record a thing for a podcast that I'm working on. I'm being discreet because I don't know all the information yet.
Speaker 1: But it was really recorded thing.
Speaker 4: It was really fun. It was cool.
Speaker 7: We had some fun guests and more details coming soon, but it was fun.
Speaker 4: I'm tired, but it was fun.
Speaker 1: I love that for you.
Speaker 5: Well, yesterday I was having a meeting now as a friend of mine, so I'm not gonna put him too much on blast, but he was definitely like an hour and a half late, terrible.
Speaker 1: Is that crazy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I just want to say this to people, when you're going to be late, don't wait until ten minutes before you're going to be late, because I was already like parking when he was like, hey, I'm running late.
Speaker 4: And running late.
Speaker 1: Been at home.
Speaker 7: To me, running late means ten fifteen, twenty minutes max.
Speaker 4: Anything after that you're not running late, gird, you're late.
Speaker 5: But so the strange thing was I was at Dumbo House in Brooklyn, so I was sitting there by myself, right, So I had a little coffee, I had a salad while I was waiting, and I felt like everyone who worked there felt bad for me, like I was getting still.
Speaker 4: Stood up for like a date or something.
Speaker 5: Because I was there for so long by myself. So they kept checking on me, like coming over like, hey, are you okay?
Speaker 1: They kept coming over.
Speaker 5: There, do you need anything?
Speaker 4: You need a man?
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my gosh, this is awful because I was like in a four seater two So I felt selfish.
Speaker 4: Did he did he at least pay for the for your coffee and full salad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Because I had it on my card already, so it wasn't it. It was just a meeting, so it wasn't a big deal. But I also in my head was like I'm gonna be in bed at nine thirty, you know, and that yeah, clearly, But anyway, I just want to encourage people. You all know how we be doing right, Like, oh, I'm right around the corner, I'll be right there.
Speaker 1: But we know we're not.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 4: I haven't you right on the corner, girl, you haven't left the house?
Speaker 5: Yes, and listen, I've been guilty of it in the past. But when you're running late, just get somebody like a super heads up, because then I could have did some other stuff beforehand.
Speaker 1: No big deal.
Speaker 4: I'm always on time.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: You are very timely, Okay, I like that for you. Well, don't forget. I told you guys.
Speaker 5: The other thing I've been doing is working on this big announcement that we have, and we'll talk about that very shortly. I'm excited for this, and all the conversation right now in my spare time is about my coffee shop and about this particular announcement.
Speaker 1: When we come back, it's way up.
Speaker 2: You're way up with Angela ye. Please believe that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's way up with Angela Ye. What's it? All right?
Speaker 5: So everybody climbed down because it's about that time again. It's that time of the year. Angela Yee Day is coming back.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be.
Speaker 5: In Brooklyn yet again. Outside of the Barclays Center. Everything is absolutely one hundred percent for free. So we're gonna have hair braiding that's gonna be done for free for the kids. We're gonna have free backpacks, We're gonna have free gifts for all of the moms, are expecting moms, all of the things, and there's a lot of surprise announcements. I'm not gonna give it to y'all all today, but I am giving you to save the day right now. This is going to be going down August twenty third, from twelve to five. It is on a Sunday, and it is a great fun family day in the square in front of Barclayson and we've been doing it there for the past few years. I got my own day in twenty eighteen, and since then, every year I've been trying to make sure we do this give back in the community.
Speaker 4: I'm actually in Towns at that time, so I'll be there. I'm out on the road.
Speaker 5: I mean, We've got a lot of great performances and great special guests coming through, DANCEA, Soca, hip hop, R and B all of the things, and I know we have a great lineup.
Speaker 1: Plan for y'all.
Speaker 5: So as we are announcing that, just make sure you have it on your calendar. It's going down August twenty third. Now, my makeup artist Keys is here. Keys you got to come get on this mic real fast, because you know Keys is Trinny and Guyanese and I know she's not used to doing his keys.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about you've been to Angela ye day? Like pretty much every year.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I've been there for about six years now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: First came when my kids were like little babies and so cooling.
Speaker 5: Jasmine Brand was there pregnant one year she was a kid.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think.
Speaker 5: People have bought their kids. I will say that this is definitely a very care friendly event. But when we think about some of the artists who performed, you know, Bungee, Garland and Feyan Lions have been there.
Speaker 1: We've had like a mister Killa has been there. Kila has been there and he was amazing. Last year, Egyptian closed it out. Gyptian was amazing. My daughter went bonkers.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you, her daughter gets up on the stage and does all the dances. She was doing drift and all of that. But it really is such a fun time. The US Virgin Islands is always a big sponsor, so every year we definitely get a special guest performer and I know we're working on that right now, Ayana, who's gonna come from USBI to perform for Angela Ye Day. But it's definitely very very safe, very fun and a good time and free. Oh look, you give me a little print out. Okay, all right, there we go. But you can go to Power one oh five one dot com. That's how you can get more information. Also, shout out to b Bat to you by Kiss and Vivaches. They're going to be doing the hair braiding stations for the girls. And when I tell you, they have like ten to twelve hair braiders out there to make sure everybody.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Destiny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to my girl Destiny for making that happen. And this is also in partnership with the Social Justice Fund, so we talk about giving out grant in the community for nonprofits that are really pushing forward this whole social justice initiative. It's just a great day. It's a celebration. Okay, Power one O five one dot com for more information and also keep listening in the way up with ye because we're going to give you all the information you need.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's hear some beanie man.
Speaker 5: He actually did Angela Ye Day when we did a virtual day for Angela Ye Day during the pandemic because we still were outside supporting small businesses, but also we kept it going. Cast the band did it at that year too, when we did at Virtually Hoods Celebrity. We've had great, great performances. And when we come back, we got your yee tea.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 2: Angela is feeling that yee tea. Come and get the tea.
Speaker 1: All right, way up at Angela.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here with a keen Woods. Hey, hey, let's get into this yea tea. So The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip Roaring twentieth is about to premiere on Sunday, and Nini Leaks is on here, So she's back on Bravo. They just put out the first teaser for it, and here it is.
Speaker 1: Oh jime, no seeing us. What's going on?
Speaker 5: No, young girl, I'm just taking The last time we saw Nini was season twelve.
Speaker 1: That was the reunion during the pandemic.
Speaker 9: I've heard a lot of honey, we got to catch up.
Speaker 1: We do need to catch up.
Speaker 4: Swim in a lady pool.
Speaker 5: How dare we celebrate twenty years as housewives and leave out the Nanni Leeks so the Queen herself will be making an appearance when we enter Atlanta.
Speaker 1: All right, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's a multi generational gathering of originals from across the franchiseres eighty two Housewives pass and present that have appeared across the run. This one is a nine episode special that you can check it out.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 5: In the meantime, Andy Cohen is shutting down casting rumors for Real Housewives of Atlanta. There's been rumors about who's going to be gone, who is going to be there. Here's what he said.
Speaker 8: There are a lot of casting rumors and I'm going to tell you that they're not true. And if you want a preview of next season of Atlanta, look at this cast.
Speaker 2: This is the group.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: And Sydney Starr, we talked about this yesterday, this book. Yesterday, she was arrested for child sex allegations, and she is saying that these allegations are false. She's been arrested for I mean, by the way, this is just wild.
Speaker 1: I don't even you know.
Speaker 5: But she's been accused of performing oral sex on a minor at an embassy suite and to confessing to that act, she was charged with sexual battery against a child under sixteen, aggravated child molestation, and sodomy. And so she is saying these are false, and she unequivocally denies these allegations. She intends to vigorously defend herself through the legal process. Allegations should not be mistaken for fact. And also this case should not be viewed as a reflection of the transgender community. One person's alleged action should never be used to judge or stigmatize an entire.
Speaker 4: Group facts because they love to do that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the real story is yet, but we are locked in now. Lemmy, the owner of Zeus Network, put out a statement. They said, as a matter of long standing policy, the Zeus Network does not comment on pending legal matters involving current or former cast members. While these allegations remain subject to the appropriate legal process. The Zeus Network takes matters of this nature seriously.
Speaker 1: But they said, she.
Speaker 5: Does appear in previously produced programming that's currently airing on Zeus.
Speaker 7: So I guess he is Zeus problematic anyway, Everything all Zeus is problematic.
Speaker 4: This is my opinions, is.
Speaker 1: Terrible okay, well there you have it.
Speaker 5: According to a Yes and young Doug is trying to get Quevo to come to YASL records.
Speaker 1: He said, leave capital and come with us. Brother, We need you.
Speaker 5: So see your move, Kuebo. Let's see what happens when we come back under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you need to know about them.
Speaker 1: There's some stories on here. Boy, it's way up this.
Speaker 6: In the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar, all.
Speaker 5: Right, his way up at Angela Ye, it's me and Aqim wait going under the radar. So Apple briefly took down Telegramma to Mess app from their app store yesterday. At violated guidelines on child sex abuse material.
Speaker 1: We need to get it out of here. Abuse app awful.
Speaker 5: It's controversial after its billionaire founder was recently accused by Russia of aiding terrorism, and Australia says they fail to block violent content. It was taken down from the iPhone and iPad app stores. They found that the content violates our strict guidelines prohibiting child sexual abuse material that is disgusting. The should not even exist.
Speaker 4: They should just delete that app like.
Speaker 1: The fact that they would allow this to happen awful.
Speaker 5: If y'all got this on your phone, I'm looking at you sideways, all right. And Joe Jackson's life is about to be in a new documentary series on Black Prime. Marlon Jackson, one of the sons, is going to help narrate and develop the program. It's going to be called The Manager, the Mythology, the Legend, and it's going to be an inside look into the man who guided the Jackson families rise from Gary, Indiana to global superstardom.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a eight episodes. Would you watch?
Speaker 7: Oh no, I just I'm kind of over it. I love Michael Jackson. I think he's iconic. I just think this sounds like a money grab to me.
Speaker 5: Well, it is one of his sons doing it in all fairness, and the series is going to present a more personal portrait of their father. He said, our father's life is replete with triumphs and challenges, and we firmly believe this series will offer a distinctive and accurate portrayal of the man behind our family. We are thrilled to share my father's indelible legacy with fans worldwide, granting them an intimate glimpse into the remarkable individual we knew and loved. So it'll be about his early life, his personal struggles, his ambitions, the role he played in building one of the music's most successful family dynasties, and they're going to also look at the relationship with motown and pressures.
Speaker 4: I think it will definitely be interesting. I don't know if I watch it, but I could see why.
Speaker 5: Someone would want to, you know, I think that there's been so many conversations about Joe jacks as a father.
Speaker 1: And him managing the careers.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's phenomenal that, you know, to have the Jackson Five, to have Janet Jackson, LaToya Jackson, Reebe Jackson, all of the Jacksons. So maybe this is something that will be quite interesting. But he also allegations of physical and emotional abuse from members of his own family, and how strict he was as a disciplinarian, So all of those things I think could be interesting to look at. I'm from the point of view of his own kids. All right, we do have the way up mix at the top of the hour plus Mario is going to be joining us. He's on tour right now with Chris Brown and Usher, and he's quite an interesting person to have a conversation with. I meant to ask him to you. I know he's a huge Michael Jackson fan, not even you know. All right, Well, anyway, we got all of that for you, and don't forget Angela y Day, August twenty third. We made the announcement earlier today, so excited to keep on telling yall what's going down.
Speaker 1: It's way up and she's spilling it all.
Speaker 5: This is yeaty all right, just way up at Angela.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here with a keen.
Speaker 5: Woods and this is a vibe with you because this is something I know you can relate to. Esthen's put out their top fifty R and B songs of all time lived, and so far they've only put out numbers forty one through fifty, So let's go throw it a little something something. Number fifty is Jesse Pewell with you. I just played a little snippet of that for you behind the scenes groove theory.
Speaker 1: At number forty nine, tell me.
Speaker 5: I've been doing that'ch a great song thing. Number forty eight is folded Kailani.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that.
Speaker 5: That's a big song though, but it's all too new for you.
Speaker 4: It's too new for me. Could you say all time? It's too new for me?
Speaker 1: I mean, can you? Twenty twenty five and twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Songs make the list, Honestly, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Number forty seven, who Can I Run to You? Got excited for that?
Speaker 4: That should be higher.
Speaker 1: I Escape.
Speaker 5: Number forty six, though it's should be hired too, was genuine, was so anxious.
Speaker 4: The beginning of that song is iconic. It should be significantly higher. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Number forty five Nothing in This World Bond and Keiky Wyatt.
Speaker 1: We like that.
Speaker 4: I did like that song.
Speaker 5: Number forty four Are you know I love me some in Vogue? Don't let oh?
Speaker 4: I love in Vogue. I'm just I feel like a.
Speaker 1: Lot of in Vogue songs can make this list.
Speaker 7: Well, it's only the like Max's not on there yet, Like there's so much only.
Speaker 1: Forty one through fifteen.
Speaker 5: Number forty three is two Occasions by the Deal, that's day and Night. Number forty two are Lennox made the list of a new apartment, and number forty one Frank ocean thinking about you.
Speaker 4: Oh we know so far, I just only legs I think have bigger hits.
Speaker 5: Now, what are the songs you feel like need to be on this list so far?
Speaker 1: Like you know, moving on up?
Speaker 4: Obviously we got to have Badu has to be on there.
Speaker 5: Mary Day Blint around with you. I would say Babyface, I would put Whip a Pill on that list.
Speaker 4: Obviously actual has to be up there.
Speaker 5: Carl Thomas, I wish that's what it's looking like, because there's so many songs that I'm like, dang, and it's just so also like you can't. It's subjective because I like this of all time. I think Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson. What Michael Jackson sound do you put on there?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Human Nature?
Speaker 5: M okay and s WV. Then gotta be more. We gotta have total kissing you. I don't know, guys, but anyway, make sure you go look at that list. You know, these lists always cause a conversation and the argument sometimes. All right, Christian Rock has received her pro boxing license, and it doesn't like she's serious about this. I mean she's been working out, she's in shape, and here she is on the phone.
Speaker 1: My pro licens today chat.
Speaker 4: She's a pro box I'm a pro boxer.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to her and yeah this listen. You can't fake it when it comes to boxing. I will say that you get in that ring and you got to make it happen. It's just you and your opponent and a bunch of people watching you.
Speaker 4: It won't be all right.
Speaker 1: Well that is your yee t.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we have asked ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is the number any question you have? Aqim and I are here to help.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Look, this song was on the list number forty eight on Essence's Top fifty list of greatest R and B songs of all time. Here's Killani my phone.
Speaker 4: I hate y'all.
Speaker 2: Angela's dropping facts. Shouldn't you should know? If this is as Kee brought to you by.
Speaker 5: Top Dog Long, what's up his way up at Angela? Yee me and Aqim wins to hear today, Yes, sir and for ask yee we have TV on the line. She's got a good paying job, but she also wants to figure out how she can grow her passion on the side.
Speaker 9: I am two months into my new career as an operator engineer, I do have an interest entrepreneurship. What are some things that I should watch out between, like my circle.
Speaker 1: And just accepting the fact that I'm making more money.
Speaker 5: On well number one, congratulations, congratpo thank you. Are you investing for the future at the same time, Yes, okay, because you know there's a different buckets. This is like the money that you have for now, the money for the future, and then the money for your passion.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yes, I've.
Speaker 1: Been compartmentalizing all of those things.
Speaker 7: Is the job that you're currently doing in the same realm as the entrepreneurship.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: As far as my passion, I teach and perform and.
Speaker 5: Trained in So I would recommend that A and that feels like something you really can pursue if you want to be an entrepreneur on the side, is not gonna interfere with what else you have going on. That feels like something you could do in the evenings on the weekend, right exactly, And it's pretty flexible. If I were you, I would think about, like what is my goal and my long term plan, and I would also get a couple of steady clients, you know for myself on the side that I know is going to help me, like when I'm trying to because I think we're business. A lot of times it never ends the way that it starts, like where you end up, it's not going to be how you started.
Speaker 1: It's always the learning.
Speaker 5: Process of like what works, what doesn't work, what you like to do, the services you can offer. Sometimes you're responding to see what the feedback is from people, like what's needed. And so if I were you, this is a great research time for you for your passion. On the side, you're making enough money that you don't have to worry about bills, right, so you're handling that business and putting aside. I also feel like put aside a certain amount of money every single paycheck, so that you know this money is going to funding your business. If that means at some point you want to buy a studio that you can work out of. If that means at some point you want to have employees so that you can oversee things but also step in as needed.
Speaker 1: Just think about what the evolution of this looks like for you. I love that I appreciate that advice.
Speaker 5: And I think networking with other people who are doing what it is that you're passionate about, you never know if there's partnerships that can come from that, or if you can just learn from somebody so that when you are ready, you have all the knowledge possible. A lot of times we have small business services in whatever area that we're in. Find out if there's certain certifications or licenses that you need that can help you with your business.
Speaker 1: I think that's great.
Speaker 5: Come up with a plan, and you don't have to fully stick to it, but it'll help you have an outline of what you need, it'll help you have a timeline, and it'll just help you kind of organize and strategize.
Speaker 4: My toxic advice is quit your job and just dance grow. No, well just got a new jobs.
Speaker 5: Well I totally was toxic, you know, and I can appreciate like that you have this day job that you're making good money from because there's nothing that's going to make you feel more secure.
Speaker 1: Than when you have that cushion. I definitely pick up what you're put down for sure.
Speaker 4: So thank you for that advice.
Speaker 5: That asking you is brought to you by Top Dog Law. Call them for any accident, big or small. Go to topdog Law dot com. And when we come back, Mario is going to be joining us. He's got new music on the way. He's on the usher and Chris Brown tour. He's been doing his acting thing. He's our father, all right. He's got a lot going on right now. It's way up.
Speaker 2: It's turn me up.
Speaker 1: Here we go up there.
Speaker 2: This is way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: His way up at Angela yee?
Speaker 5: And Theo's hair. Mario, Oh sorry, Mario, there we go.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 5: Got to do it so, I mean, I don't last time I saw you were not a father yet.
Speaker 4: Yes, So how you feeling?
Speaker 1: You look different?
Speaker 10: Thank you? I'll tell you as a comfy feel different now. It's amazing. It's amazing what having a child and like really being there from the birth literally and even before right obviously, but like just being there as he is incarnating in the world and just watching the day by day process of him becoming who he's going to be. Right, It changes you. It makes me more patient, It makes me more appreciative. It just makes you more much and like you look at things just from a completely different perspective in terms of time, you know what I'm saying, and patients and being present.
Speaker 5: Was it hard to make a decision to go on tour in the midst of this very hard.
Speaker 10: That was probably the hardest decision to me, right because I didn't grow up with my dad. So even though me and my dad are closer now, those moments, psychologically you like, you don't know if you're messing up or not. I'm like, damn, what am I gonna miss I FaceTime every day. It's not the same, but it's a little bit. The good thing about this store is the way it's roddick. We got like four days off here, three days off here, so I get to go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is really an iconic time for you too.
Speaker 5: I mean, your first album is twenty five years old soon and you're about to be forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're.
Speaker 10: Talk about it, talk about it talk nobody is all happening, is I would say, one of the greatest times in my life. Everything for me, mentally, spiritually, energetically is all coming for a.
Speaker 1: Circle right now. Mario is here, He's on tour with Usher and Chris Brown. Right now.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because sometimes you are so uncensored and the things that you say people be so tight. But it's also just like the R and B b it's hilarious to me. I mean, Raj did say right behind him, you're right up there.
Speaker 4: Well, Mario don't want it.
Speaker 1: There's two big singers in this whole wide world. It's Chris Brown and then there's Usher everybody else.
Speaker 4: If I trained y'all, don't want no problem started with that.
Speaker 1: With the singing, it's amusing.
Speaker 4: You don't get offended by not at all. I think people get more phinlic by what you say. What I say, let me get because they're not used to me.
Speaker 10: Just get.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, you're on tour right now with Chris Brown and US Shared, and there's been a lot of things going viral and happening viral. I want to know what your thoughts were when US should pull that woman on stage and she just wasn't into it.
Speaker 1: I just want to get your perspective as somebody who's on the.
Speaker 4: Road every day.
Speaker 10: I'm watching on the screen and I couldn't necessarily tell what I'm seeing on the phone two days later.
Speaker 4: It didn't read like that.
Speaker 10: She just looked like she was chilling, and she wasn't as turned up as other girls like them turned.
Speaker 4: Some of them they be lit. They turn You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. But you know, it's like somebody got to read the room for you. You got to read the room for yourself. Man, you know what I'm saying. But it'd be like that some time.
Speaker 5: But I felt like her responds to saying, if it was Chris Brown, I'm like, just enjoy the moment. You don't got to go all out. But I did feel like, Okay, we ain't got to try to play him.
Speaker 10: You gotta read the room. When you get a girl on stage, you just gotta know, Like I'm gonna have to move a little different with this one.
Speaker 1: Just I feel like people also said that usher made you slip.
Speaker 10: Yoh know what's funny.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie. When I saw how they put it together on a jug that was crazy.
Speaker 5: You think he's trying to set you up, Like no, no, it was some oil from the fire.
Speaker 4: And I usually go to that left side of the stage on a certain part of.
Speaker 10: It's all and I just he caught me, oh man, first time in twenty five years.
Speaker 4: And then there it goes time on the biggest stage, on the stadium stage.
Speaker 5: Crazy Mario is here, This man has some hit songs. We have more when we come back, but right now here to let.
Speaker 1: Me love you right more?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: His way up with Angela Yee and Mario's here with this? Can you believe he started at the age of fourteen? Now, I know you are working on new music since we're talking about it, and they're very tight left about it.
Speaker 10: So you no, I got something for you. So I got different textures and music for different reasons, and I'm just decided for I'm gonna come up with a single first and then put together a nice package for my fans, something that I can tour off too. On top of that, and just music that matters. Some records that didn't make it on mood Swings still got those and other things I've been working on. So it's coming soon though.
Speaker 5: And this is a real loving space for you right now too. I mean, I guess you always have kind of been like that.
Speaker 10: Even when I was in toxic spaces, I was making love songs, y'all. I was believing me.
Speaker 5: So oh gosh, yeah, you was doing songs, but you was trying to take people's girls and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 10: You're crazy people, you know.
Speaker 5: When you go back and look at certain lyrics and you'd be like Mario was a beast.
Speaker 1: He was about to try to take Homeboys girl, and.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy.
Speaker 10: I was just telling somebody earlier. I was like, yo, I've been on the other side of these songs, like it ain't just about how you know, the personal I've been on the other side many times. You know, wow, with some snipers coming after my joints, like yeah.
Speaker 4: Dm a charge it to the game.
Speaker 10: Look at this oh word he on that. I was just with brother last night. What list man?
Speaker 5: And you don't say anything like I seen you. That's wow. So has any has anybody tried that now with your girl?
Speaker 10: I think earlier on in our relationship, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: You know that's why war start, and that's why people really have battles with each other, because somebody try to take somebody's girl or somebody did.
Speaker 10: I just feel like it's natural. I know you like, but it's human behavior, like you gotta understand, like I've been there, so I get it.
Speaker 5: So you've tried to snipe somebody's girl just because it was somebody sniped, okay.
Speaker 10: And I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 5: I had some high profile a lot of situations, regret a lot of it. Right now, Mario is here, he's on tour with Usher and Chris Brown. Right now, you think that it's a good test to see, like if the girl actually responds and then you're like, well she wasn't for me.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's only really a test. If you know about it, then it's a test. It's like, oh, she passes up. But if you don't know about it, it's like don't matter.
Speaker 5: Are there people you falling out with over women that you'll never be friends with again? Or are you okay to know something and still be cool?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: Not a woman that I would never be friends with me.
Speaker 5: Do you think about like karma from things that you've done that you're not proud of now? Because I know that's the thing too, right where you got to look back and be like is this going to come back to me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: That question?
Speaker 10: I feel like I can't like play with karma. When I say that, I don't mean it like this feels like a song is not like coming for me. I just mean that my willpower is so strong that I can overpower it. But do you feel like it's a science to it? But but I also, I've done so many great in life. I don't feel like karma is actually coming.
Speaker 4: From I just feel like I don't wake up like I'm gonna get Calma from.
Speaker 10: I wake up like I'm gonna be the best version of myself today, and I'm gonna i'm whatever I'm going to get, I'm going to get, and I'm gonna be the most potent in it, and I'm really gonna believe that it's mine before I even have it. I don't put myself in situations where karma has space. If you're not aligned with your goals and your visit, that's where karma is like, oh he's slipping, let me go get them.
Speaker 1: This is my beliefs, all right.
Speaker 5: So Mario is here and normally when we come back, you guys would have the last word, but we're gonna let Mario have it because guess what.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot going on.
Speaker 5: He's a new father, he's in our relationship, he's happy, skin is glowing, he's on tour, he's got new music on the way.
Speaker 1: We'll have more when we come back. It's way up.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, you don't want to know my way up with angela ye turn me on.
Speaker 5: What's up as way up with angela Ye, And ordinarily this would be where you have the last word, but today Mario has the last word. Did you see the Martha Reeves video of her singing at the Women's Professional Baseball League the first ever game. I'm going to play a little snippet of it for you because it ended up going viral. And here's you know, Martha Reeves and the Vandela's motown legend.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen to this, what so proud?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't go by it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: She said the monitors weren't on, she couldn't really hear. How do you turn this into a good moment? And she is in her eighties and she is a legend, but how do you flip this and make this.
Speaker 1: Like a positives?
Speaker 10: Man is not positive?
Speaker 1: No, it's not going wowd just because it didn't sound good and she's.
Speaker 10: Like amazing, and you know it, I dies that sounded phenomenon.
Speaker 5: Now have you ever had a time where you felt like your mic was just not micing?
Speaker 10: Plenty of times?
Speaker 5: What is that stem from? Is it that you can't hear yourself? Is it that a night out.
Speaker 10: Even on this tour. Right when you perform in stadiums, there's like a two second delayed once you go out to the front of the house because it's so big. Were performing on the front part of the stage, and so when I first did the first like seven shows, I had in theres that were older in this so your ears changed like every five years the shape, so I didn't get new moldes. It's been working for me on regular stages, but out there it can't be no leakage otherwise you're hearing the delay.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're seeing things we.
Speaker 10: Don't beat, and it's like excruciating because you're trying to find your beat but you're also trying to It's excruciating. It's the craziest thing as a performer you'll ever experience in your life.
Speaker 4: I had to just find it.
Speaker 10: I saw I started timing.
Speaker 1: To anybody listening, if you call those early shows.
Speaker 10: You called those earlier shows, and I wasn't hitting the notes on timing and off key hearing it not off key, but it was bad timing.
Speaker 1: And people don't know because why would we like that's not.
Speaker 10: Ye, nobody knows.
Speaker 5: Right now, Mario is here, He's on tour with Usher and Chris Brown. Right now, how are the days leading up to the birth of your child?
Speaker 10: First of all, he came to see me and my girl three days before she found out she was pregnant. She was she was home. I was in Germany, and she's like, man, I just got to go to the bathroom. I saw this this light, like this orb come in the room. I said, maybe you probably just tired. You actually know. She's like I felt it was a little child. And then like two days later she found out she wow, right two days before she gave birth. I just was like, not asleep because I never knew when it was gonna happen. And so we're in the hospital and I'm on the other side of the curtain. Right before they be like, oh, she's ready, you can come in now, and I feel this portal open up. It wasn't like a physical I didn't see anything, but I felt a space opened up around me and I had to accept it. It was like it was kind of like a I was asked something and I accepted it. I was like, yes. It was almost like accepting that the responsibility of him in another way, And ever since that moment, everything in my life has been Wow, magnified.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful story.
Speaker 10: Yeah, true story.
Speaker 1: Well, Mario, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Always good to have a conversation with. Of course, Thank you again to Mario for joining us. Thank you I keen for guests hosting today of course and dealer Y Day August twenty third.
Speaker 1: We will see y'all tomorrow. Be safe the rest of your day.