Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The New York Times Games Apps Connect trends or strends or trendall for the mini trends.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all of our title space.
Speaker 1: All of that word for word, Brian the editor, that one courtesy of Vanadium Silver. My name is Jack. That over there is Miles.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, no, no, no no no. No need for the fanfare, no need for the fanfare. Just me, I'm just little old me.
Speaker 1: What is fanfair? Technically?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it like the I feel like people. I've heard it referred to as like fanfare, and it's like when a royal enters and there's the people with a short.
Speaker 2: So the definition a short ceremonial tune or flourish played on brass instruments, typically to introduce something or someone or media attention or elaborate ceremony.
Speaker 1: Aha aha aha. It is the shittiest fanfare. I can't imagine as me just screaming your name.
Speaker 2: Or going huh uh huh huh, like Georgiana.
Speaker 1: We were talking about just Wayne, the Newla Wayne, and how her ad lib is uh huh uh huh uh uh huh. Like one point she goes huh and then like she forgot what it was, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Georgiana on this show, especially after we were giving elevator spaghetti. Okay, but the question.
Speaker 1: Nees week elevator spaghetti. Did you see the the Kendrick edit where they just keep putting broccoli? No, I was like, whoke looking for the broccoli and then it just keeps coming back to broccoli over and over again.
Speaker 2: Keep the horn on me that broccoli exact ownership. The print is broccoli, get off, get off in broccly. Is that what it basically is? Yeah, exactly. I know that's not well enough to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do not, So I do have woke up looking for broccoli in my head every morning when I wake up. Now, so you win, Kendrick. Fine, yet again, my name is Jack Thoughts, Miles. We did that, and yeah, this is what's trending on Thursday. You do have a few hours before it's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't fuck that up, y'all, fuck it up, don't fucking my god? Yeah, and give one one instead of sending money up to the oligarchs, give your money to someone in your community.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Give you let's give our money to each other.
Speaker 1: Rather than like pay your neighbor to give your significant other a BackRub.
Speaker 2: Like pay your neighbor to go to write eight in a panic to buy you a shitty box of Russell Stone. Dude, Dude, Richard, Richard Richard, can you fucking go really quick? Yeah, just fucking keep the change, bro, but me back like fifteen minutes. Run.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's fifteen dollars to just cut all the flowers in your garden. Uh, you just rip.
Speaker 2: Out someone's flower bed, you leave ten bucks. There might be I had to do something.
Speaker 1: I had to do something. Hey man, my bad. Anyways, these are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, February thirteenth. We do just want to take a moment, Like we talked about the Elon Muskoval office press conference, how Trump just kind of sat there looking like what what did you compare it to? You had the perfect comparison.
Speaker 2: He was like in the puck seat basically, yeah, he was like a seat. And when it was but it felt like when the elder Nicole Smith mad that like about to die billionaire just so shit basically like and everyone goes, you know, she's just in his ear all the time running his shit. He actually is not in control. It was again, and.
Speaker 1: Then they do an elder conference to prove that's not the case. But the press conference just confirms that everybody but I got this baby, you're tired. Of course, he loves me, He's always been in love with me.
Speaker 2: I'm the love of his life and everything I say he believes and also agrees with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so excited for a long future together. So that those were the vibes we did failed him. I mean, we mentioned that Elon Musk like was throwing his son on his shoulders like a meat shield, you know, like your son on your shoulders. But we did I hadn't really zoomed in on what the kid was saying to Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people have pointed out that he not only was telling him, he's like you need to shut some people are saying you need to shut your fucking mouth. I didn't hear that. It looks like his mouth does do like a f thing, But the audio sounds more like you need to shut your mouth when Trump wasn't even talking. But the one we do here very well is when he goes again at the this motherfucker is at the resolute.
Speaker 1: At the Resolute Trump this little three year old.
Speaker 2: I'll say it out loud so you can hear, you can kind of process what you're hearing. He says, you're not the president and you need to go away. This is Elon Musk's son, Extra African Real saying this to the president because I don't know how to pronounce his motherfucker's name.
Speaker 1: It's the miss. Okay, one more time. You can hear it in the background, restore us again. You're not the president, not the president.
Speaker 2: You need to go Why chilling, bone chilling one. I mean, I don't know what is this full hearing behind closed doors, namely the doors that his father slams in his face when he's done using him as a meat shield. But you can only imagine what he overhears to be like, oh, yeah, that's like the old dude that we just make fun of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, it's just and then he picked his nose and wiped it on the resolute desk. How you like here here, take that take that pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, couldn't have been more disrespectful to Donald Trump. The explicit purpose of this press conference was to prove that Donald Trump was like that it was a partnership that like they knew what was going on, and then they couldn't have scripted it any better to just make it look like Elon Musk was dominating this motherfucker. Yeah, he had his for like whatever, how old ever old? This child is just whispering shit. You like, keep your mouth shut, that's right, boy.
Speaker 2: Remember it used to be Rudy Giuliani's kid that was like most annoying little asshole.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of I don't. I don't find this kid annoying at all. I like what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Someone on like right wing cope that account posted it on Blue Sky that's where like that clip was from, and someone and he said, this kid's got more balls than all the Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. He's part of the resistance.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, But I think what's fucked up is that it's like the worst case scenarios that like his dad is like that man.
Speaker 1: Is not the president's son. I am, yeah, and he needs to go away.
Speaker 2: If he told you to do something, you tell me to shut his fucking mouth, all right.
Speaker 1: You don't think he's like gonna be like our Luke Skywalker and he's saying the same ship to his dad. You're an evil come for you. All right? How are the ice raids go? Who are they going as planned? Because a bit of ish news.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're still dealing with like absolutely immoral and illegal, uh, you know, raids being perpetrated by ICE. And we mentioned earlier this week that border fere Tom Homan was really upset that people are arming themselves with knowledge of America's laws terms and conditions do apply to thwart the activities of ICE agents, And it was it was weird in that quote to hear that highly educated immigrants were the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was not happy about that.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're way too educated anyway, So I thought there weren't any of those.
Speaker 1: I thought that was after people who were not not the millions.
Speaker 2: Were going after they're way too fucking smart for us. Man, we knock on the door like can we come in illegally? And they're like no.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: But again, things aren't really going to according to plan. So the thing about trying to deport millions of people is that you're trying to deport fucking millions of people. And this was a very simple fact that many experts had pointed out when Trump kept promising this terror campaign during the election, So like, in order to deport even one million people in a calendar year, ICE agents would need to hit a daily rate of twenty seven hundred people. The most they've done is eleven hundred, and the numbers look like they're closer to eight hundred a day, but they've stopped reporting, like for nine days now, we haven't heard anything, when before they were like, there's so many. I think as the numbers go down, they're like, all right, right, I think we're off this shit. And let's say, even if you were able to hit those numbers, where do you put people because they're running out of capacity local jails, maybe new contracts with private prison industry, yeah, probably, but even they aren't able to deliver the kind of capacity that Trump is looking for. And even if they had the capacity to lock these people up, well the fuck's gonna do the work because ICE's own estimates say they're about thirty thousand people short of a full on expulsion campaign. And even if you had the fucking people, how are you going to want to fucking pay for this massive operation? Because well, I mean, we the tax payers obviously are going to get our pockets ran.
Speaker 1: But yeah, However, the question, my dear boy, is not how we are going to it's how you are going to going to pay for the brutalization of my neighbors and people that depend on to have my life moving in a positive direction. Anyway, The White House is currently begging Congress for one hundred and seventy five billion dollars, but again.
Speaker 2: That would require a functioning Congress to make that happen, so we'll see how that works. And the other ironic part about all of this is that the administration basically made all those raids like TV spectacles, you know what I mean, Like where it's like, yeah, we're doing ride alongs. It's like and they're all was like, we want to show up our supporters that we know how to wear a cowboy hat and be racist at the same time, like Christy Nome did on a on a horse. But apparently the intense media coverage has also undermined the raids because too many people just know what Ice is up to just turning on the TV. And Tom Holman's like, I'm not saying like, I'm not gonna say that was a mistake, but it would maybe we do a little less because they were terrible at this ship. Yeah, so I guess, yeah, a slight silver.
Speaker 1: Like literally, you know, for this fascist authoritarian regime, it's like, you know, a great NBA prospect there in the early days of open outright fascism where they're not even trying to hide it. So maybe they're just you know, they're not used to the pace of the NBA.
Speaker 2: You know, they're they blow out both acls and they disappear.
Speaker 1: They'll just be like, yeah, we we put up bad numbers and we need more funding and we need more time for two, I don't know, twenty more years.
Speaker 2: An athlete be like, yeah, man, look when I look, I know I'm putting up bad numbers, but that's because I need more money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it is basically how a lot of capitalism works.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: I mean, we just don't let our athletes get away with it. For some reason, something about the athletes that doesn't appeal to that mainstream media sensibility. I don't know what it is. Yeah, anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and usually I have no notes for my favorite podcast, the Joe Rogan experience. But he was kind of summarizing why we should kind of all trust what's going on in Washington right now in a way that I thought was a really fresh and interesting angle. So we just wanted to let him speak it real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is in regards to everyone just being all fucking scaredy cat on their scaredy cat shit about Elon just fucking absconding with your money. Well, just shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, that's fun.
Speaker 3: And then this this other thing about Elon E's gonna steal everybody's money. He has four hundred billion dollars. I'm telling you he's not gonna steal your money. I'm telling you that's not what he's doing. What he's doing is he's a super genius that's been fucked with. Okay, and when you've been fucked with by these nitwits that hide behind three letter agencies and you're dealing with one of the smartest people alive, and he helps Donald Trump get an office, and he was I want to find out what kind of corruption is really around. Well, you fucked up, You fucked up and picked the wrong psychopath on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Because he's gonna fucking he's gonna hunt you down.
Speaker 3: He's gonna find out what's going on. And that's good.
Speaker 1: That's good for everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's gonna hunt you down, that's good. Getting haunted forever state is mean for everyone.
Speaker 1: I think he's specifically talking about the CIA and FBI, and uh, you know again, we're on this podcast. Not huge fans of the FBI, I would say, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, I go back and forth. I go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Just the logic that we start with that he has four hundred billion dollars and therefore he's not going to try and take your money is do.
Speaker 2: You know how greed works?
Speaker 1: Like you have at all? So he got to Joe, he got to may I call you Joe, Joseph, he got to one hundred billion experience, and he was like not enough is not enough, and he just kept being like just kept right. You know. The way somebody like that gets money makes the money is not how they talk about it in their autobiographies, their ghost written. It's by exploiting mismatched deals and people who have less power than them, and in this case, exploiting government contracts to acquire like one hundred billion dollars. Such a irrational, unethical amount of wealth. And he was like this, I can't sleep at night having one hundred billion dollars. I need to get to four hundred billion dollars. And now that he has four hundred billion dollars, I just have this feeling that people, it's like that guy. Have you seen how much alcohol he drank yesterday? He's not gonna drink your alcohol.
Speaker 2: Dude, you have three alcohols last night.
Speaker 1: He has an unquenchable lust for money that will never stop. What how is that? How is this person just a coterier philosopher?
Speaker 2: Dude? Okay, he sniffed up like a half ounce of cocaine. You think he's he's gonna take your little grand.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna take more cocaine.
Speaker 2: This is so fucking hair brained. But again, this is all part of the full court press that they're doing to, you know, inoculate people from arriving at their own collusions as to what Elon Musk might be up to. And I can only imagine how many dipshits are gonna walkround be like, dude, you don't got four hundred billion dollars, why would you want more? Cut to there's that report that said that the State Department was procuring four hundred million dollars in armored fucking Tesla's, and then when the news got out, they fucking they basically disappeared that little detail and there's like four hundred million dollars for armored vehicles, and you're like, oh, oh, yeah, the dude is just out here straight up running everyone's fucking pockets. Yeah, well, anyway for anywhere Tesla's.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's see Google maps deleting bad reviews and turned off the review function of the UH for the Gulf of America, which I didn't know you could leave reviews on different bodies of water. But that's that's fun. I'm going to be know how I'm spending my Valentine's to day. But people were like this, you know, one star Gulf of America, the stinks filled with McDonald's cheeseburgers and oil. Bring back Gulf of Mexico. So they deleted those negative comments and right now, the most recent review is from a month ago. They did the same thing when people gave bad reviews to the McDonald's that ratted out Luigi Mangioni.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're on the side of good yeahs, you've seen always always making the right decision.
Speaker 1: And speaking of on the side of good Disney employees, are you know, just pointing out So ABC paid a fifty million dollars settlement to Trump last year over something that they could have won in court, but they were like, we don't want to be We don't want him to be mad at us. We don't want dear leader to be mad. Then Disney Next Day trans storyline and an upcoming Picks Our movie, and they've now scrapped all trigger warnings for racist old cartoons on Disney, plus whittling it down to a shortened warning that's buried in the about section. And they've reportedly also tossed their DEI initiatives. So just fully getting on board the keep Maga happy train.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, by dude, fucking you're such a cool guy, Bobby oh Man.
Speaker 1: Listening to this guy on who hosts the Town You know that podcast Think about Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Is about the movie.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not about the movie unfortunately, but just does from southeet talking about Actually that would be like a.
Speaker 1: Joe Mazzola, the Celtics coach who watches that every day.
Speaker 2: Right and Matt Damon and Ben Affleck talking about Hollywood. Hey if we heard the town. Yeah, anyway, so we're gonna we're gonna rob. We're gonna rob the cathedral, the Hollywood Bowl. You remember that part in the town where the cathedral Fenway pass. No, but this guy was on the Bill Simmons podcast. They're just like a couple of you know.
Speaker 1: Media movers and shakers. They were like, I agree, I'm doing this every nine times out of ten. You gotta just, you know, make this Trump stuff go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just gotta bend over, just dine, bend over, just open your mouth wide out and let him run the shitty boot all up and down. Yeah, that's all you gotta do. And then hopefully you'll pray every night that it doesn't come for you.
Speaker 1: Eventually, it probably won't. It probably won't. You just got to make that stuff go away and be nice, be nice to Donnie Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Disney employees seem to be like recognizing that this is happening, and you know, are giving interviews being like, wow, it seems like Disney's business is now keeping Mega happy for a living.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, can't wait, Yeah, I can't wait to take out a home loan sized loan to go to Walt Disney World and see what's like. Did you see there was that headline maybe like three weeks ago. Disney is like, I think everything costs too much. Our parks, like the internally, they just found out it might be too much based on what we're seeing in the flattening of any kind of profits because we just turned up the volume to be like, well, we'll only appeal to people with a lot of money or people who will do anything to come it up, and I mean selling organs anything.
Speaker 1: Alternative, alternate point of view. It's not enough. Have you heard the Kendrick song? It's not enough? Guys. All right, that's gonna do it for this Thursday. We're back tomorrow with a very special Valentine's Day episode, Poundtown episode coming straight from Poundtown City with Zara Or.
Speaker 2: But the Mayor.
Speaker 1: Very fun with the Mayor of Poundtown City. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get your flu shots, especially this year. Guys. The flu is out there as bad. Go get your flu shots, get your vaccines while you still can.
Speaker 2: R f K was confirmed confirmed. Yeah, we could be confirmed about that. But they're all they're all going to get confirmed. Yeah yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Part that's over. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, will unless you're Bob Bier in the case, just embrace it, man, Just do nothing. Yeah uh, And we'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: By bye.