Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game podcast. Happy Monday. I hope you have had a great day so far. I want to tell you all the whole story. The year was nineteen ninety four, and there was once a boy named Ryan and his mother made him broccoli and he threw it out and blamed his little brother and it wasn't right. And I did do it, and my brother never forgot it. But thirty one years later, I received a screenshot on my phone from that said brother showing my picture of my podcast with a one star review. Now, I know I'm not a hero in this story or a victim in any sense of the word. But if you think a thirty one year vengeance tour is a little too much, please give me a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or regular listeners podcast. I think a thirty one year jihad is needs a little support from my listeners, so please like and subscribe and give me a five star review. I needed to get that out of the way because I thought it was one hilarious and my brother did that and too. Always encouraging people to give a review to the podcast because it does help if people find it and listen to it. So this episode is a bit of a mashup. I have some data, I have an interview, and I have some fascinating DC gossip that I think you'll all really like, and then of course ask me anything. So first on the data. Everyone is talking about the New York Times article about voter registration and the Democrats numbers plummeting nationwide. Now, for those who listen to the show very often, I have talked about this a lot New Jersey in California especially, and how it has reflected poorly on the Democratic Party. Unfortunately, most Americans don't listen to this podcast. So the Times article seems like it's brand new, and I want to go through the information really explain it to you in a deep way. The article is by Shane Goldmacher and Jonah Smith. I'm not familiar with Jonah Smith, but Shane's a very solid journalist. I actually invite him on this podcast. So he writes the Democratic Party is hemorrhaging voters long before they even go to the poles. Of the thirties dates that track to registration by political party, Democrats lost ground to Republicans in every single one between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four, often by a lot. The four year swing towards Republicans add up to four point five million voters, a deep political hole that could take Democrats years to climb out for out of And they use L two data to cite this.
Speaker 2: All I've used L two. L two is just a voter data company.
Speaker 1: So basically, if I say, hey, I'm going to do a school board election in lim Brook, Long Island, or whatever the case is, L two can provide me data of who's likely to vote most most often, what party they're registered under. It's a good company anyway. They use that data to justify what they're talking about. So a little background in fact, For the first instance, twenty eighteen more new voters nationwide chose to be Republicans than Democrats last year. All told, Democrats lost two point one million registered voters between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four in those thirty states that allow people to register by political party, and Republicans gain two point four million. Consider this, In twenty eighteen, Democrats accounted for thirty four percent of new voter registrations nationwide. Republicans were only twenty get In twenty twenty four, Republicans had overtaken Democrats. For years, the left had relied on sprawling network of nonprofits which solicit donations from people whose identities they do not disclose, to register black and Latino young voters. Though the groups are technically nonpartisan, there is an underlying assumption that most of these voters will be Democrat. You can't just register young Latino or young black voter and assume that they're going to know that it's Democrat and that they have the best policies, says MS. Cardona, who is a liberal person. Okay, so stop right there with the article. Buck Sexton had mentioned this in his podcast, and he was one hundred percent right. Liberals have been scamming tax nonprofit statuses for years to bolster Democratic voter registration. They knew that going into major urban areas and looking for someone with dark skin would be a positive assumption that they are more than likely than not to be Democrat, and probably nine times out of ten in many cases. But these nonprofits, and I give them credit, I mean, listen, they have worked the system for a long time to give tax breaks to these liberal donors. Basically, a liberal donor will give a nonprofit a million dollars or however how much they get to write off on their taxes as being you know, beneficial to society, and Democrats get more into registered voters. I mean, at least Scott Presler has a super pack where he doesn't get a tax break, you know, for registering Republicans. This is explicitly using the tax code to benefit to benefit Democrats. They claim that the reason they can't do this anymore though in the same capacity that they used to, is because of President Trump and how President Trump has changed the parties. So what they're missing from the story, what Democrats are missing from this narrative, And with the New York Times reporters, and they're good reporters, but what they're missing from this is that this didn't happen between twenty and twenty four. It did partially, but this has been going on for a long time, right, this at least the last four election cycles. So there's for a liberal firm called Catalyst, and they did this big breakdown of the twenty twenty four election in the past four elections, specifically looking at young minorities Democrats. This is among young black men, young black men being those who are under thirty years old. Democrats won ninety four percent of young black men in twenty twelve, ninety percent in twenty sixteen, eighty five percent in twenty twenty, and seventy five percent in twenty twenty four. That means that a quote nonprofit that is registering voters in the inner city, and they're almost all likely Black or Latino, they had a chance for every twenty five people they registered to vote in one of the two major political parties, twenty four of them would be guaranteed Democrats young Black men twenty four to twenty five twelve years ago. It's not that long ago, but a little by little it's been taken away. For young Hispanic it's been young Hispanic men. Rather, it's been even more extreme. Democrats went from winning seventy one percent of young Latino men in twenty twelve to sixty seven percent in twenty sixteen, to sixty three percent in twenty twenty, to forty seven percent in twenty twenty four. It's all according to catalyst, and I want to point out that it is a trend because it is important to notice. Very few major political changes happen overnight. Right even the white working classes changed for Republicans. The last time that there was a overnight transformation, I would say would be like Cubans in the nineteen sixty who did change overnight with the Cuban missile crisis and the Bay of Pigs, like it was a overnight transformation. But that's probably the last one. It's probably the last time there was an overnight transformation of a specific demographic for a specific reason, because Democrats among young black men lost four percent between twenty twelve to twenty sixteen, five percent from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, and ten percent from twenty twenty twenty twenty four. Among young Latino men four percent from twenty twelve, four percent from twenty sixteen, and then sixteen percent between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four. They had that shift going on, they just refused to notice it until it was too big, and not to notice until instead of going from twenty four out of twenty five young black men being Democrats to being three out of four, which is substantially less, and they don't want to risk bolstering so many more Republicans. Okay, back to the article not so long ago. In twenty eighteen, democrats accounted for sixty six percent of new voters under forty five who registered with one of the two major parties. Yet in twenty twenty four, that share has fallen to forty eight percent. In other words, Republicans went from roughly one third of newly registered voters under forty five to a majority in over six years. The story is leaker for Democrats in some key states. In Nevada, which releases particular detailed data, Republicans added twice as many voters under thirty five as Democrats did. The shift among men is substantially different. From nearly forty nine percent of newly registered voters and a major party chose the Democrats in twenty twenty, that number went to thirty nine percent in twenty twenty four. I want to focus on men because that's really where you're seeing these crazy numbers. Zachary Donini, who I've had on this podcast. He is a data scientist for Decision Desk. He posted that young white men, young white men, those being probably under thirty, definitely under thirty, maybe even under twenty five, are really the catalyst. Now there's a big shift among young Latinos. They're a majority of young Latino men voting, registering Republican one in four young black men. But I want to talk about young white men for a second, because it is the biggest demographic among young men in this country. Young white men, according to Ainy, are registering or a Republican at an on precedented level. White men born in the eighties and early nineties, my generation right, who came of age when George W. Bush was president, and I know some people like him. I thought it was a horrible president. But they almost broke fifty to fifty Democrat Republican white men, which is like the Republican's key demographic. It was really bad when they started registering voting because the other the Iraq War, and Bush was just horrible. Now, young white men who register for one of the two major parties register seventy one to twenty nine Republican. It is the highest amount of any generation recorded since the nineteen thirties. Seventy one to twenty nine. That is fifty That was almost fifty points, or it's forty five points, whatever, it's forty two. Sorry, my internal math numbers coup in catching up forty two points. So although it's a six point Republican majority among young Latinos, and it's they're losing young young blacks by fifty points instead of you know, ninety two points. That forty two point bump for young white men is the game. It's it's that that is the number game. That is their path. As they continue to vote, as they vote more frequently, as they start paying taxes and becoming older and being more involved, that is the game for Republicans to grow substantially. Growing up hearing that you're a cancer for being a young white man, being you're part of the patriarchy, you are responsible for the victimhood of all generations throughout history, absolutely propelled this group of people. And even young white women, by the way, register a majority Republican fifty three to forty seven. Obviously not nearly as much as men. But it's not what you would think watching the internet where you see that all these like blue haired, short shaped, you know, white women who are all screaming about abortion progressive. No majority white women, young white women are registering Republican. Now, I want to remind you all that the trend of young people and minorities moving to the right is not isolated to America. We're seeing trends among minorities in basically every part of the Anglo world, in Australia, in Canada and the UK, more and more, especially Indian and Arab immigrant children who are registering to vote in those countries are increasingly voting for the Republican like party of the Tories or the Canadian Conservative Party or whatnot. Zachary Dnini once again, he actually looked at the name Mohammad, which is Zachary is so smart. He looked at the name Mohammad because it's obviously a very specific ethnicity, it's a very specific religion. Men who were born in nineteen sixty with the name Mohammad registered eighty eight to twelve Democrat. Men born in two thousand and five with the name Mohammad registered fifty nine forty one Democrat. Look at that drop with this demo graphic, and this is a demographic who probably is pro Gaza, probably is or on the side of the palace stating and people. Rather, this is a demographic who has a lot in common on its space of the Democratic Party, and yet they are abandoning them because the people who run the Democra Party aren't screaming college educated women or black activists saying you should feel bad. I need reparations, I am the victim, or don't you shouldn't arrest somebody for burning down a building, burning down a school, not a school, but you know, a store or whatever. Now let's look at some key states, because remember, only thirty states have registered people by party registration. Okay, so places like Texas, Michigan, Virginia, Wisconsin, they don't register people by party. I wish they did it make my life a lot easier, but they don't. So I'm going to go over a few states because I think that that's important, just to highlight a few. One last thing voter registration except for new voters. Right, if you're eighteen in registering for the first time, you obviously didn't change party. But if you are changing parties and you're thirty, you're forty or fifty or sixty or whatever, it is the last thing to do before you've been a full transformation from one party to the other. In other words, no one who at fifty five years old, who has voted most of their life, who's re registering party registration as a Republican is because they're voting Republican for the first time ever. And not in most cases. Rather, so you're likely have voted Republican. If you're a demok registered Democrat and you're making the switch or vice versa, you have voted Republican for ten years, but you're friendly changing parties. So it's the last thing that ever ends up happening. Okay, So let's look at West Virginia because it is the most extreme cases. It's not a swing state that on many congressional seats, but it is the It's almost all white, it is working class, very little college education, and it is a zeitgeist into the or it is a it is a it is a perfect analogy into the broader crisis democrats are having with white working class people. Remember West Virginia, for as Republican as it is now, was one of the few states that Jimmy Carter won over Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty. It is a state that voted for Bill Clinton twice. It is a state that probably if Hillary Clinton was the nomine in two thousand and eight, she'd be competitive, and Al Gore almost won it in two thousand, so that's not that long ago. It was a solid, solid democratic state, more democratic than like New Jersey, was from twenty sixteen until August twenty twenty five, Democrats lost forty one point five percent of all their registered voters in that state forty forty one point five percent. Republicans grew their registration by twenty six percent. And I'm using twenty sixteen right, which is different than the New York Times article, because here's what happened. Between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty. Most state Democratic parties saw a big bump because it was you know, Trump's in power, it's fascism, it's you know, everyone puts your pink pussy hats on and sit there and start screaming into the wild like that was happening for those four years, and that bolster Democrat registration, and then twenty twenty happens. Obviously, yes, Biden's in charge, but the great wokeism happens, and you know, everyone's being me tooed and everyone's being canceled, and everyone's are racist, and you know, we have to have the trans bathing suits for six year olds of target. All that stuff happens post twenty twenty. But I'm looking at the long view from twenty sixteen. Okay, in Nevada, since twenty sixteen, No Democrats have actually grown their voter registration in Nevada. Nevada is a very fast growing state, so this makes sense. Democrats gained thirty three thousand, five hundred registered voters. Republicans gained almost one hundred and nineteen thousand registered Republicans. In New Hampshire, a semi swing state which has Republican local government Democrat federal government, Democrats have lost five percent of all their registered voters, Republicans have gained. Republicans actually have a plurality of all or sorry, they have more registered Republicans in the state of New Hampshire than Demorcrats. In Pennsylvania, the most important swing state in the country, Democrats have lost sixteen percent of all their registered voters since twenty sixteen. Republicans have gained six percent. I have increased their popular their numbers by six percent. You have to two things. Democrats had nine hundred thousand more registered voters than Republicans in twenty sixteen. That's down to fifty nine thousand this time. And Scott Presser has done a lot of work and people have done a lot of work in Pennsylvania. But there's one thing that no one ever talks about, and I want to talk about it for one second, about Pennsylvania specifically. In twenty sixteen, there was an article I think it was my, it was my Nate Cohen, it was by It was in five point thirty eight. It's called like the missing white voter. If Trump can find them, there are there were. As a twenty sixteen there were forty four million non college educated white Americans who were not registered to vote, and million of them lived in one state in particular, and that was Pennsylvania. So what happened in twenty twenty three that didn't really make a lot of national news, Well, Governor Josh Shapiro announced automatic voter registration for people when they get driver's licenses, So everyone who renews, all of a sudden has to register, vote, and register in a major political party. And though the decline for the Democratic Party was happening before that happened, it expedited the process. Republicans started gaining thousands more than Democrats after that happened because all the non college educated white Americans who never bothered to vote, but all of a sudden it had to register to vote, who were registering Republican in huge numbers, and that was a major game changer in Pennsylvania that I think Joshapiro did not think long terms. I don't know if you would have done the same thing over again if he would have known how horrible it was for his party, last, but not least, the state of Florida. Because this is I mean, this is this is the whole kit and kaboodle. Democrats in twenty sixteen and three hundred and fifty thousand more registered members of their party than Republicans. And since twenty sixteen, Democrats lost seven hundred thousand registered members their party and Republicans gained one million, one million. It is a collapse of a party that has no chance in the third largest day in this country for a very, very, very long time. I don't even know how you rebuild a party in that kind of situation. And once again, the differs from what I'm saying in the New York Times. I'm looking at the long view, looking since twenty sixteen, because I think that it's important to see that even when you count the resist Trump voter surge that happened when you know he first took office and Madonna sanctioned to blow up the White House and all the rest of it, and Kathy Griffin is holding up a you know, is a fake head and is bleeding, even when you include that Democrats are in a worse place years later, even when you consider all of that. Okay, that's enough for the data. I have a great interesting guest coming up next. I saw him online and I was like, I got to talk to this kid. I think you guys would find him fascinating. That's coming up right after this. So I was scrolling on Twitter a couple of days ago, maybe a wee could go now, and I came across this episode of Jubilee. It's this kind of crazy website where twenty people scream at one person, and there was an activist by name Amanda Seals. I think I'm pouncing her last thing correctly, and she was debating twenty black conservatives and this young man, Matt Nuclear who's with us today, was on and he was really smart and came across really thought provoking, and I want to have him on the pod and talk about the debate experience and how he became such a well spoken conservative. And you're eighteen years old, right.
Speaker 2: Matt, I Indiana, i'ma maintained, I'm turning nineteen in two months, So how did you get invited to Jubilee. I've been doing like TikTok live debates for a bit, and I believe that they invited me from that specifically. It's not like I asked them to come on. And I was supposed to originally do a different episode that was canceled. But because they, you know, like my performance on the episode that got canceled, they invited me back to debate a radical, you know, black person, and I was like, sure, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: So how long are you there for? By the way, is it hours and hours? I believe I believe that was three hours or two hours?
Speaker 2: It was that long. Okay.
Speaker 1: So now Amanda I never heard of Amanda Steals before. Her position was.
Speaker 2: What her position essentially was that reparations were just and necessary. I mean she's also now came out and to that black on black crime does not exist and it's not something of any relevancy whatsoever. And essentially that you know, black people are being oppressed by white people and this is why these sort of disparities exist.
Speaker 1: Now, you were you were really really smart, and how you came across what was your biggest oppositions to what she said?
Speaker 2: Are you naturally very conservative? Yeah, I am typically very conservative on basically almost everything, Okay, but I just naturally opposed to these handout to that this really isn't going to fix any problem. Like I told her, if you hand every black person fifty thousand dollars check in America, it isn't really going to increase the median huscle income by any significant amount in the next decade or two. It's not really going to change anything significantly. What we need to do is bring back the black nuclear family and you know, you know, stop the issues and reference to violence and reference to gain crime, and then we can see some improvements. But this idea that handing people a check is going to change something radically is just humorous.
Speaker 1: Now, how was she packs each other? I think you dm me said that she wanted to cut you off, or she didn't want parts of what you said aired right.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's it's she just didn't want to debate me. Like there was a point where, like I said, redlining didn't exist to the extent that you know, they tried to act as if it existed, and you didn't want to debate me right there, Like she literally asked the producers just not to debate me, and so they, well, they just wanted her to just finish that debate. They try to encourage her to just finish that debate. And yeah, I mean she kept threatening to quit debating a lot of people, like multiple different times during the break. I mean, it was it was insane. But that's that's wild, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't and this would never happen with a white conservative versus white liberal, but she did it to you. She said at one point, talk to me like I'm your mama or something. We would never say that to each other. What was your reaction when.
Speaker 2: She said that? Well, I just thought, like, what is what is going on with this woman? Like is is she okay in the head? Like, I don't know how that's a normal thing you can say to someone, like we're having a conversation and someone makes an argument and you are like, you know, speak to me as if I was your mama, Like, well, who says things like that. It's not a normal thing to say. And I remember watching the Megan Kelly Show. There was a guy on there who was like, when if I told someone, you know, speak to me as if I was their father during the middle of a conversation doesn't really make any sense. It's a weird thing. And yeah, that's a weird way to respond to someone's argument, is they should treat you or speak to you as if they were you know the mother WHOA sorry, it's just so weird.
Speaker 1: What was was her?
Speaker 2: A lot of her arguments?
Speaker 1: I mean, there were grains from what I heard of it.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the entire episode.
Speaker 1: I literally just watched your segment because I thought you were really really well spoken, especially for such a young man and who doesn't do this for a living. There were like grains of truth and then a lot of emotional attachment to that. Is that what you found when she was talking to you?
Speaker 2: I think so. But I didn't really find that a lot of grains of truth really either. I mean, she try to act as if black people are still not considered what like a full person in America, which obviously isn't true. So yeah, I mean, it was not a lot of truth. And when, to be honest, I have a hypothesis.
Speaker 1: So I'm from Queens, New York, where most Black Americans living in my county are immigrants right there from Jamaica, Caribbean, they have the highest household income of any group of people, right, I mean far so exceeding even white This is according to the New York Times. You're an immigrant from I think Angola, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I came from America in six.
Speaker 1: So do you think because you were not broad? Maybe you were, but were you.
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 1: Kind of thrown at what you expect of the black experience in America in the same way that maybe somebody who's general, who's been here for generations would have been. Or maybe because because immigrants from Africa, not all of Africa, like Sudan and Somalians are not really exceeding, but but immigrants from Jamaica, Angla, black immigrant from Jamaica and gol a place like that, Nigeria, they do Kenya, they exceed Black Americans who have been here since slavery. Do you think because having a more immigrant experience had brought you different kinds of potential and different kinds of understanding what it's like to be an American maybe change why you're more conservative?
Speaker 2: Is that part? I think? I think it may have influenced me a little bit, But I just have to preface it by saying I was raised here. I mean, I've been living here since I was six years old. Not a lot of people, not a lot of people can tell you, you know, what they were doing prior to the age of six, or even remember a lot of those things, right, So the only difference was is that I was raised in Maine, which is like a significant majority white state, although I did live around a black immigrant community as well, and you know, I was taught you know, by my parents, I should respect this country, I should be grateful for being in this country. And so I've always had this kind of like appreciative look on America and its founding in general, where a lot of you know, people like a man Oficios obviously are not very appreciative at all, And that might be some of the distinctions and some of the differences. But apart from that, yeah, I think my experience.
Speaker 1: When I when I said the Emmergan experience, I more meant in your parents than you, Yeah, because your parents would have probably been more like, you need to hustle and make it and do everything that you possibly can. Have a different appreciation than somebody.
Speaker 2: Who's kind of been.
Speaker 1: Rightly or wrongly kind of bay them multi generational of like feelings of you know, you're a victim. You're a victim, and also every institution will rewards you for believing you're a victim.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, my parents, especially my mother has always told me to be appreciative of this country and to always look back at you know, where people in Engla, the DRC or an id year it currently are. And so that's that's one of the reasons why I have been a conservative or someone who is proud of this country is because of the opportunity this country has given me and the opportunity this country has given Black Americans. They should be very much proud too. I don't get the entitlement because while they may be making I don't know on average, I don't know, is it thirty six thousany five thousand dollars a year? There are people are living off of a dollar a year right now, right our people in Africa. So it's like very much. You got to be very much appreciative, right, I mean, you would much rather be a black black in America than black and Sudan. Right. Try to act as if they wouldn't. They try to act as if it's like there's always this constant mention of the transatlantic slave trade, which did happen. But let's be honest, Like when the Europeans were sailing south, either from North America or whatever, It's not like they would sail all the way down to Subseran African to start grabbing people, grabbing these Africans who are running constantly. That's not something that is even it makes any sense. These people were already brought as slaves by other African rulers of the coast because they knew Europeans would be there ready to trade, you know, give them items, gun and stuff like that for these slaves. It's the majority of these slaves were brought by Sub Saharan Africans themselves, who, by the way, really didn't want the transit land slave trade to end because they were enriching themselves, which she failed to understand with her you know degree in that African American studies.
Speaker 1: Do you have you been to Angle since moving here?
Speaker 2: No? No, no Ah, you've ever been back? Okay.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if there was a different opinion of black slavery in Africa versus America. I'm sure there is. I just don't know what is I've never been in Africa, but I just something that kind of popped in my head. What you know, I've been doing this whole thing today about the New York Times piece about voter registration right, and how voter registration has changed away from Democratic Party, especially for specifically young men. You are a young man, you're eighteen years old. Is this something that you have noticed a phenomenon among other young men in your age group? Because young men, young black men went from voting I think ninety six percent for Democrats in twenty twelve just something like seventy five percent. So I went from like twenty four to twenty five to one in four. We're voting republic when I was twenty five, voting Republican twelve years ago, when you were like six, and now it's like one in four. That's a hu tremendous growth. Is that something that you've seen among other like this growth of it, this acceptance, is normalization something you've seen among other young men your age?
Speaker 2: I definitely have seen it. And the reason obvious for why this is the case is because the Democratic Party really isn't giving any solutions. All they are doing is telling black people that you're a perpetual victim, and to freak out whenever there is a white man or a white police officer who want alives you when we have you know, black men being unlived every single day in America, And it's really a hypocritical perspective to act as if it is, you know, this atrocity, this significant injustice when you don't come outside every day when there are black men being un alive in southside Chicago. So are you really black lives matter? Or are you trying to just make white people look bad? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you grew up in Maine, you said, which is a fairly liberal state. It's not the most liberal. It's not Vermont, it's really liberal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you what do you like when you speak to like young, younger white people who have a tremendous level of white guilt or like they're extremely woke around race relations. How do you approach that? Because you know a lot more I feel like than the average person on even like slavery, with what you mentioned today, Yeah, I try to approach with just some like basic questions.
Speaker 2: You know that do you ever participate in slavery? Do you believe in generational punishment? Right? Countries like North Korea have like the three generational rule where if you know you do something, your children will suffer and you know your your father will suffer or something like that. I mean, you don't you shouldn't have to pay for the consequences of your ancestors. Not to mention, many of these white people today did arrive as immigrants in the seventeen hundreds or eighteen hundreds and nineteen hundreds, so a lot of them weren't even you know, their their family lineage, weren't even owning any slaves. They should still have to pay reparations. A lot of this is fallacious, and there has been reparations in terms of investment in low income black communities already. For example, I'm pretty sure what is they have Baltimore. I think, yeah, Baltimore public schools, it's twenty two thousand, five hundred like dollars per students. There in Utah it's like half that, with like eleven thousand per student. And yet there's a big difference in like you know, test scores, in like school outcomes and so on and so forth. So it's not even just funding. A lot of this has to do with, you know, the nuclear family, with prioritizing education, with having a father in the home, like all of those different other factors. We just know that pumping money into things just doesn't fix issues as long as much as like I know, that's what democrats want to hear and what leftists want to hear, that if you just pump money into these different things and don't focus on any cultural problems because there is no cultural problems according to the left, that that will fix the issue. But it just doesn't prove to be true.
Speaker 1: It's basically everything in Thomasaul has been saying for eighty five years. What did you ever read him?
Speaker 2: By the way, yes, Thomas Soul, He's also a big inspiration.
Speaker 1: Where did you get your concern? I mean you said your parents, but like where did you learn things from the internet mostly or did you read or.
Speaker 2: I think a combination of a little bit of both. I've looked into Ben Carson, Thomas Soul, and I've just done a lot of a decent amount of reading. Not I would say, like a crazy amount of ring, but I've done decent amount of reading in general. In reference to looking at things online, looking at statistics, looking at the facts, looking at the data, and then just starting to kind of figure things out, right, like one set up, one step at a time, trying to figure things out. And then middle started tiktoking your opinion right, just started Yeah, just started doing stick to doll lives.
Speaker 1: Normal gen Z stuff. So just two quick things. So one actually brought up to schools and in have you heard of the miracle from Mississippi? Have you heard of this phenomenon? Mississippi changed a rule when it came to education, which basically means if you could not read at a third grade level, you could not go to fourth grade. And there was basically no exemptions. And it was ten years but there was very little financial increases. But they got everyone on board. They retrained teachers, they did the science of reading, and black Americans in Mississippi actually have higher test scores than black Americans in Maryland, right among many other places. Refusing to allow people to fail and they fail forwards especially is a huge incentive to really improving the overall standards. Is this something that like is a broad understanding among like, I mean, I can know it's for conservatives, but I know I'm asking you a question me a conservative. Yeah, I believe it's like for other black people.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's abroad, I don't think most black people would necessarily agree with that. I'm not necessarily sure. I would assume that they probably you know, woul Int grew with it. But like I think it's I think it's better for us to focus on, you know, the whole, like no Child Left Behind, steff just doesn't work, Like we have the data on this stuff. Nothing really is fixed by the trying to fix theseusparities, like the whole Lebron James School that's heavily funded still received like low test word. I'm pretty sure like the Akron Akron aboard they figured out that. Hold on, there's so much money being pumped in, why are the test scores not, you know, significantly increasing. So, yeah, there's there's cultural.
Speaker 1: Issues here right in among an immigrant you see you're you're with a lot of African immigrants in Maine. Was this a broadly accepted concept among African immigrants in America that the family unit is so important to raising people?
Speaker 2: Right? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a big difference between African Americans there's African immigrants.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, I think there's a different cultural there's a significant cultural difference when it comes to that. I believe that we're much more appreciative when it comes to United States, less entitled as well more grateful because of where we're coming from specifically and understanding that. And yeah, big emphasis on the family.
Speaker 1: There's a huge difference from how I've noticed my friends who are African and Caribbean immigrants, how they speak of Black Americans, including my own family members. I have a few family mems who are Black Caribbean and they are They do not speak about African Americans the sentence of slaves very well. Just little note, side note. I don't know if you can agree and disagree, but I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the the interesting trend that no one really talks about or knows is that black fertility rates African Americans hill rates is decline substantially. It's actually lower than whites for the first time I think almost ever documented. And a bigger and bigger percentage of people who have children today who are Black have ancestry in immigration right, which is completely different from all historical standards. I wonder if that changes the dynamics of the future of how Black Americans a significant portion no longer rooting their life to slavery, into redlining and to everything else will change their relationship either not only just between the parties and African Americans, but African Americans' opinions of our own country because it is very low.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I believe it would. It's definitely a possibility that there's going to definitely be some change there in general. But I also do see a lot of African Americans who try to assimilate into Black American culture a lot of the times, and you know that's also something.
Speaker 1: So what does that means assimiling in Black American culture?
Speaker 2: Well, I think a lot of them that are immigrants who come here try to do this thing where they're trying to necessarily fit in with all of the narratives surrounding Black America Erica, and to me, I find find it a lot of cringe cringeing. I'm not saying Black American culture is just gang violence, because of course there's more than just gang violence, but a lot of them do specifically try to get on the negative parts and try to, you know, join gangs or be in the street life in general, which I don't understand how you could after you come from a third world country and you're given such an opportunity, but you know, stuff works right now?
Speaker 1: I I that's that's really interesting. I live a lot of times in the zeep South. A half the year I spend in Louisiana, so I see a lot of a lot of that, more than I than I care to. What do you think if you're a young person, if you you do some TikTok all the time, what are like three two or three things that like young people are talking about on the internet As far as because you talk a lot about Israel and other things, I've noticed I saw some of your tiktoks?
Speaker 2: What made you engage? Like?
Speaker 1: What are the topics that you ask so often find yourself engaged? Obviously it's not all race relations as it was in this you you Believe video? No, yeah, it's fleeen Israel and Palestine. And the reason why I started engaging in those conversations is because I kind of I saw the whole cures for Palestine movement and I'm like, how can you support people who would literally want you dead and don't align with the views whatsoever? And you know, I went into the whole conversation about you know, Israel being that's basically the only democracy in the Middle East, the only country where Arabs can vote in the Middle East, in the only country that is not an open deocracy in the Middle East, who was attacked and should have the right to at least defend itself as any other country would probably behaved if they were an attacked in the same exact way. And so what I felt that I have a duty as an American to support our ally and give justifications for why we support our ally and why a lot of people just don't have good reasons as to why we shouldn't support Israel. And so that's kind of how I got into that whole thing, and it kind of leaks over into the whole idea of colonialism of people who are who are victims versus you know, people who can com people who commit atroscies on people versus victims. Their whole understanding, I'm very basic understanding. I have like two woke white lived cousins who like say shit like this all the time, but they're like they very much opinion is well, if they are brown or therefore they must be victims.
Speaker 2: It kind of does boil down to that. Did you ever come across absolutely that is essentially left this ideology. A lot of people ask me why don't people care about the DRC or Sudan. Is it because the people that are black? And that's not really the reason, because the Arabs in Gaza are not much different from the Arabs in Cyria or the Arabs in Yemen, who have went through worse things and have you know, actually experienced a lot of hunger while Kaza has received the most amount of food or capita. And it's not about the death count obviously either. So what the MA main issue is that the left in order for them to care about anything, is that there has to be a white or if you know, they state they make Jews white in order if for it to fit the narrative, you know, oppressor slash brown black victim. If there's not that dynamic, then they don't really care. It's not about atrocities, it's not about who's hungry. It's not about what's going on and how bad it is, how bad the conditions are. Because when the Rwanda, which is a black majority country in some Seran Africa, invades at the RC while they're both black guys, so we can't call Rwanda apparently a colonizer because you know, white people never imperialize each other, or black people can't imperialize each other. So it's just typicualt left this ideology, and that leaks othern to America. What you said before, why don't you care about the southside of Chicago because it's a black person killing another black person? Exactly, it's typical left this ideology, the same thing that works with BLM, the same thing that works with the you know, radical movements. You have to have that sort of dynamic. You have to have someone to blame right.
Speaker 1: Right, and unlike I think, unlike leftist theory from even thirty years ago when I was a kid, which is a lot of which is a lot of rooted in class dynamics, it's almost all race dynamics.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean there's, I guess hints of class dynamics, but it's almost.
Speaker 2: All the basis of race.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if that has affected because I said this in the in the in the monogue earlier, seventy one percent of white young white men are now registering Republicans people who are born when you were born, right, That has never happened before, and there's been an increase in black and Hispanic too. But I wonder if the overwhelming consciousness of race being the center of everything has really turned down young gen Z men like yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh no, absolutely, And people say, you know, black fatigue and all these different things. It's really just leftist fatigue and leftist ideology fatigue in general. I mean, I think everyone's tired of it. I think this is why many young men, regardless of black or white or you know, leaning more conservative, leaning more right, and which is why the Democratic Party is losing out of support, because people are tired of the Democratic Parties, you know, you know, exhausted arguments that people are tired of hearing the other victim. People are tired of not getting any answers or any explanations whatsoever. And of course it's made the popular party, I mean, made it more unpopular. And when you have someone like, for sample, a man of seals who responds to people's arguments by saying that, you know, treat me as if I was your mom, or speak to me as if I was your mom, it's not really, you know, anything that's compelling. It's not a compelling argument whatsoever. So I don't know how can they not lose a part when that's how they behave, when they behave out of emotionality.
Speaker 1: Two quick questions, so too, last questions. One, is there anything you didn't get to say in that Jubilee debate that you wished you would have that you could say now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I wanted to mention more, you know, in like ways that racism has been happening against white people. I did mention the University of Western Washington, but for example, Brandon Johnson, the mayor of Chicago, who has been touting the amount of black people he's hired for his you know, administration, and help few white people and all those different things. The DJ Actually, I think the Civil Rights Division specifically opened up an investigation into Brandon Johnson because of that, obviously, and that's another waste of something racism has been going on. I also wanted to mention United air Yeah, United Airlines, because they said that what in the year twenty fifty, I don't know that there or forty percent of the pilots will be block It's like this weird thing where you're like, we know for a fact, by this year we're going to have this many black pilots and we're totally not discriminating anyone to get to that point, totally not right. So I think I wanted to mention that as well, because it's like, it's it's silly if if any this is the thing is that it's so hypocritical. A lot of black people can do things that white people could never do or even say. Right, if any like you know, black person you know, owned any company and said I'm going to make sure that this is going to be fifty percent black by this year, no one's gonna have a problem. Then I's gonna figure out. If a white person said I'm gona sure this is fifty or sixty percent white by this year, everyone goes out. I might as well, you know, do riots and loot from small businesses when that happens, right, So it's it's just humorous. Everyone's tired of this whole you know, you know, white people are guilty, White people are evil, colonizers, and all these sorts of different things. People are tired of it. And that's just the truth.
Speaker 1: Do you find that in like your own life in Maine like that? I mean I asked this before, but like, is it more common than not even in a blue place like that. But do you ever find someone who, like a white kid, who does say those things and you're like, Wow, this is really refreshing and doesn't come off like a crazy person to you.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't. Well, when I was in Maine, I didn't really hear much people will specifically talk about that. The people in Maine, by the way, are very nice in general, very kind hearted people, although I did is a majority liberal state, but in general, I mean, I don't know if I've ever heard a lot of these arguments from the white people in main in general. I don't think that they're really willing to say that because they think that you might come out as racist or evil, which you know, brings me to another point is the fact that if we were sitting across from NSCLS and we were white, she would definitely be calling us racist, okay, And she tried to exclude me by oh, well, you you know, you came from Africa a little later than my family did, therefore were better than you in some sort of way or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are more like got that, yes, which is really silly as well. If a white person ever said that you're less authentically American to a black person, it would also be considered racist. Matt, where can people go to like listen to you more and see more of your stuff? Because I think you're really engaging, that you're really smart. I think you could have a big career in this. And I was tweeting about you like crazy, saying someone and I think you're to twenty thousand followers close to.
Speaker 2: On Twitter and I at twenty one point three or four thousand followers now, and and I appreciate everyone follow the kind messages and generosity. People can find me on the X. I did finally fix my handle. It's just Matt nuclear X. It is Matt Nuclear. On TikTok. It is Matt Nuclear also on YouTube, and I'm going to create a Instagram account as well pretty soon so people can find me there. Yeah, and you're going to talk about Israel and other stuff like this or yeah, I talk about multiple different subjects, whether it's Israel also semic racism, any of these different things.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Matt, You're really smart. I can't wait to see where you go with this stuff. And I think that I think you have a bright future ahead of you.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much for having you onrun.
Speaker 3: You're listening to it's a numbers game with Ryan Grodowski. We'll be right back after this message. Well, I think Matt Nuclear was super interesting. I hope you liked him all right.
Speaker 1: So a piece of DC gossip that I heard that I thought you guys would find fascinating. There is a member of Trump's cabinet. I'm not going to name names until this comes out publicly, but you guys put two and two together and you'll know what I'm talking about. There is a member of the cabinet who's well known, and it's well known that this member, it's a woman, is having an affair, a very semi public affair, and if you're in political circles, you know.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: A reporter walked up to her and said to her, why are you having this affair? Why haven't you met up with your husand why don't you divorcing your husband? And she blurted out to this reporter who.
Speaker 2: I know, and said, oh, my husband's gay.
Speaker 1: Like what, didn't even try and I don't know, make something up. Oh why we're doing it for the kids, we're still together, Please respect my prep blurt it out, blurted it out. I don't know if it's going to come forward. I don't know if they're going to do a story, and it's maybe to gossiping. I found it so interesting that they just blurted out and whatever, we'll see if it comes about. I thought you guys would find it fascinating. If it becomes a story, I'll talk more about it. I don't someone's private life, but if it becomes a story, I just think that it's very interesting that they this person did not try harder to protect their spouse in this conversation. All right, let's get to ask me anything. I know some people really like the gossip, so I try to give it when I have it. All right, so they asked Me Anything segment of this podcast. If you want to part of Ask Me Anything, email me Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com. That's Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com. The first question I have is from a friend of mine who doesn't want their name revealed, which is most friends of mine when they have to associate with me. They say, how does someone who has never been pulled get their voice heard? And what is your implication towards voluntary polling responses and biases? Okay, this is a great question. So there is a polling bias in the sense that people who want to be polls listen. Polling is very expensive, right, It's extremely expensive. Polls cost thirty forty fifty thousand dollars per pole. That's why you're seeing fewer and fewer poles come out. By the way, if you notice there was a lot more polls back in twenty sixteen and twenty twelve, when you could just still still sit there and call a landline or you know, just get a hold too much easier. It's much harder now and you have to use different forms of technology to get a hold of somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, the.
Speaker 1: Story with polling biases. People who answer polls are asked again more often because they know they're likely to answer, so it creates a polling bias. And also people who are highly engaged in polling usually want to answer them more. That's the kind of like the bias. And you can see it sometimes in the cross tabs when you see you'll see a poll and it'll be like Trump is losing perfect I have perfect perfec. For example an Seltzer and Seltzer's famous Iowa pull from twenty twenty four. I called this as BS from the get go, and why do I call it this bs? From the get go, they had Trump losing white women over sixty five by like thirty points. It was his worst demographic. Now, sixty five year old white women in Iowa are more than likely fairly religious, evangelical. They're probably not watching Rachel Maddow, that is, and yet they were overwhelmingly shown in this poll. They were overwhelmingly noticed in this poll. And you could just spot it out saying there's there shouldn't be this forty point demographic fallout with population. It's fairly fixed. It's not like you know your your there's a huge population changed in Iowa. It's not like you're importing a million sixty five year olds and their sixty five year old women. It was a very obvious thing, and so you can kind of spot the biases there. And that's why a lot of these pollsters are showing up huge problems when it comes to their results, especially when Trump's involved, because they can't get a hold of the low information voter or something they don't want to show them. They would love to that the polster who got it right. A lot of them can't find them, and they do the lazy work, and if a poll asks like seventy five eighty questions, only someone who's so deranged like me would answer eighty questions to a polster and they can't wait for it. A normal poll would be like seven eight questions because someone's got to cook dinner, they got to go take care of the kids, they got to do they got to go to work. They're not answering eighty questions. So you can kind of see the participation rates by how many questions are asked of whether or not it has a likelihood have a high voter bias. How do you get your voice across answer one poll? I mean, that's basically it. You probably will get polled at least one point. You can't ask the polster like, oh, please, please reach out to me, but if you answer once, you'll more than likely be asked again. I can ask pretty frequently to answer a poll because they know I answer them. But I'm the wrong person because I love politics. I'm too involved.
Speaker 2: You need people who.
Speaker 1: Are not so in love to be more representative. Anyway, that's a great question. Thank you to my friend who asked a question. Last question of the Paul today comes from John from Connecticut. He writes, Ryan great podcasts. I know you favorite jdvans, but what is Disanta's path to the presidency if you are gaming it out? He can't wait eight years of JD? Does he need the economy to crash or what other considerations are at play?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I like both JD and Dessanta's. I think Desanda has been a great governor JD.
Speaker 2: I worked for him.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of what he does publicly, so I'm not you know, I'm not besmirching one or the other. They're two totally different types of animals. And I met It's very well known because I wrote about it because it was being leaked about. But I met with Dessanta's to try to talk to about the twenty twenty four election primary. And this is Desanta's problem one. The policies are there, but the vibes aren't. He's got to loose a lot more. And I sat talking about music the other day, but it was kind of stiff what he was saying. He needs to show more that he's a dad. He needs to show more that he is a person. He needs to show less about policy. He needs to build his social media following. That's like more friendly towards like who he is as a person. I mean, that's a four year job right there, and I don't know if he's even comfortable doing that. Like I told when I talked to the Sandas, I said to him, you need to bring up the fact that if he for as good as a ballplayer as you were and as smart as you are, you would have not likely gotten to Yale if you were born twenty years apart because you're a white man and they're discriminated against. And he wouldn't bring that up. And I know people brought up to him afterwards and he would not bring that part up. So he'd have to tactically move to the right in uncomfortable conversations that I don't think that he's been willing to have. He needs to show more of his personal side. But look, unless Jad really says something wild and out there, or Trump and horses against him, I don't think there's anyone who could beat him. And I'm just being frank. I don't even know how to game it out because it just I just don't see how that's I just don't see the path. There's only been one vice president who's ever ran for the party's nomination and lost it in any sort of living memory, and it was Mike Pence and it's only because he ran against Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think doing what I advised to Santas to do would help him overall long term if he wanted to be a senator, which I don't think he wants to be, or do something else, or prepare for a run at some point, but it's very difficult to unsee the party's nominee also talk less about Florida. I was, I told it to Santa's, like, no one like the whole country is in Florida. I know you guys love it down there and you think you're your own country, but it's it's not the whole country like some people do want to live in Michigan. So like, I mean, you got to talk about bigger things than that. Anyway, I like Desanta's I'm not I'm not crapping on him, and I you know, I'm I'm a big fan of JD. But that's what I would best advise. I guess if I was going to take on climbing that adverse, which is that?
Speaker 2: So anyway, thank you guys for listening. To this podcast.
Speaker 1: If you like this podcast, please like and subscribe on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts, and I will talk to you guys on Thursday. Thank you,