Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of none of these trendidates. Oh shit, the most popular candidate in Nevada in the Nevada GOP primary. None of these candidates. I am Jack. That is Miles Yeah. And these are some of the things that are trending. There is sometimes when the essential like news story of the moment is just the news media being like, not gonna lie. A lot of people saw that shit to somebody, you know, And in this case it is Nicky Haley lost the Nevada primary. So for some reason Trump wasn't on the ballot in Nevada.
Speaker 2: It's because he's gonna be. They have this weird system where they have a primary and a caucus, but the caucus is the only one that process is the one that awards delegates. So Nicki Haley did this thing and like a lot of people like this was a bill that got passed in twenty twenty one that did this thing Nevada. But Nikki Haley's campaign was basically like, Okay, you know what, let's not do the caucus. Let's generate headlines by hopefully having a blowout primary win because Trump won't be on that ballot. And then maybe that will feed the narrative that like I'm surging because if I don't want to go head to head in the caucus.
Speaker 1: She was trying in this race where she was the only candidate on the ballot, she was because even like I think the play here was, don't like, let's fuck the delegates and whatever delegates get awarded from winning that caucus.
Speaker 2: Let's try and get the headline. Let's try and get the attention the narrative going that like when I win that So a lot of people like it's meaningless. But even either way, the headlines would be like Haley, you know, wins in blowout Invata primary because people are just here hearing that, Yeah, we'll do the headline.
Speaker 1: In practice, she got destroyed, trounced by quote none of these candidates. The other option on the ballot was yah. So that's a that's a tough that's a bad look for her campaign, for her continuing candidacy. I'm expecting her to start being real nice to Donald Trump in the not too distant future. I guess she's still she's still holding out that in her home state of South Carolina, she can make some noise, do something, But it's not looking good. Yeah, when you get beat trying in a game of you versus nobody, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lose, it's uh, I mean it's tough. It's tough, but hey, you know, keep making them sweat Nikki Haley because I'm sure he'll find a way. I mean, he's like, it was a bad night for Nicky Haley, Like, of course, yeah, it was a bad night when you lose to.
Speaker 1: Anybody, but this motherfuckery bad night for America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good night. I mean. The other thing that should be said is like these rules were also changed, like because the Republican Party in the state, like wanted to make something that would benefit Donald Trump. And I think her the way she looks at it is like I can't get a fair competition with the Nevada Republican Party because are so all in on Trumps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the Republican Party definitely seems to be in the can, in the tank for Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump, in the pocket whatever you want.
Speaker 1: More evidence of that, Republican National Committee Chair RONI McDaniel, who is a Romney family member if I'm.
Speaker 2: Nie, yeah, uncle Mitt.
Speaker 1: So she is reportedly planning to resign and will step down soon after the February twenty fourth South Carolina primary. A lot of things hinging on the South Carolina primary. Yeah, but yeah, I mean this is allegedly the result of poor fundraising results. That RNC just had its worst fundraising year in almost a decade, which is pretty wild because that like this is when you're supposed to be making money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like handover fist, especially in like a revenge tour of a campaign, like to be like we ready, But I think really all this the story of it all here is that she's basically being scapegoaded by Donald Trump because as.
Speaker 3: The head of the RNC, she fucking did.
Speaker 2: Everything this dude wanted and helped it stay in his control and molded it in his vision or whatever. Like she was just basically like, yeah, tell me what to do with the party. But it was really all the special election l's they took and ballot propositions that were about abortion access and things like that, all those l's he took her memory.
Speaker 4: They're like, what's going on, Well, what's going on with the part? We gotta do some serious soul like what we don't understand. It was like, it's because you guys are so tied to Donald Trump. You're putting off moderates and independence or whatever whoever however they want to identify.
Speaker 2: And plus the platform is so bad, that's why. And I think Trump just doesn't can't accept that, Like, he can't accept that, am I kind of fucking up the party because everyone's like, man, it's diminishing returns on a lot of these election results. And she can't be the person to say that, and he can't either. He can't admit that either. So it's easy to be like because he was saying all kinds, She's like, we're gonna have to do some We're gonna have to see how we can find some growth opportunities and maybe we'll decide after the South Carolina primary. Yeah, but it was also the fact that they're not raising enough from small money donors like that used to be the shit that he could just fucking snap his fingers and the money just started flowing in. And the fact that that is drying up a little bit is also her fault. So you know, everything's not his fault.
Speaker 1: Who's been just like raking these people for money for like now for his legal bills, Yeah, for his legal bills. Yeah, couldn't be that. Yeah, I mean party chair, RNC chair, DNC chair is like a level of bureaucratic specificity of a political figure that traditionally has been beyond my ability to give a shit because it does feel like whoever is in that position like I've never heard of, like and then this RNC chair came in and really changed the direction of politics. But sure, you know, I'm open to the idea that I should give a shit and know who she is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just where knowing because whenever you see like how like you know, just looking at how the DNC was accommodating changing the primary schedule that benefited Joe Biden, Like that's where that's where that power lies is to sort of like DNC, DNC, DNC.
Speaker 1: Wow, her likely replacement still has to get elected. A Michael Buttley, Yeah, no relation to Jody no the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party and a noted stop the steal guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy was saying shit like after the election's like, you know, because of my leadership in the state of North Carolina, Democrats weren't able to steal out the votes there, thank you said that? Like oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, here's your birthday cake blow out the.
Speaker 1: Kings, so US Secretary for Transportation Pete Boodagege has weighed in posted on Twitter to say that all current vehicles require a driver to be engaged at all times and that you shouldn't be driving a Tesla with an Apple Vision Pro on your head. I feel like he doesn't get that Apple Vision Pro is a pass through device and that I am engaged when I'm driving with that thing on my face.
Speaker 2: Pretty nerdy, out of touch guy, take from people to yeah here we yes.
Speaker 1: Actually it makes me see better because I can both see Twitter and the road. So I was like, I don't know, Like, what are you talking about when you say I have to be engaged at all times? Yeah, I'm actually hyper engaged because when I can watch Twitter, scroll Twitter, watch three NBA games, and drive at the same time, I'm not looking down at my phone to do those things, and my brain chemicals are firing and I'm actually like a way better driver.
Speaker 2: That's so, that's quite literally the logic I would use, and like high school and college to like for get behind the wheel like all fucked up is like no, dude, because like like the stakes are even higher, dude. Yeah, like I can't can swerve for ship or else I I'm pulled over, dude, so drive.
Speaker 1: The speed limit is when I'm drunk. So exactly that's actually safer is something that I was saying way too late into my lege.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, shame shame, a shame upon myself, my former self for like, don't finding a way to twist my brain doing just logical gymnastics and to be like, yeah, like if I'm so fucking gone, then it feels like I'm not even driving a car. So then I have to actually really pay attention because it's like a spaceship that.
Speaker 1: In many ways, when a drunk person is saying in many ways you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeoh, okay, dude, I just asked if you had a couple of drinks tonight. Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in many ways, no, In many ways, a couple implies to drinks, which nobody's ever stopped at two drinks as far as I'm aware of your honor the car.
Speaker 2: I mean, I yeah, I have many drinks.
Speaker 1: Got the ability like when I drank, the ability for other people to like have a glass of wine and a half.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like, this is bullshit.
Speaker 1: This is a conspiracy there, Like, I don't, I don't understand how it's possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it turns out it was me. It was me the whole time, not for them. Why drinking so slow? God, dude, do you want to fuck? Do you want a shotgun? This bottle of wine?
Speaker 2: A shotgun? The bottle of wine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody get me a shot to quote tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doctor, doctor Rudman.
Speaker 1: Doctor Rudemont. But yeah, so, I mean, I guess this is a thing that is having to be decided like it. You know, we talked about the person who released a video of them driving while wearing the vision pro Plus thing and then getting pulled over. That was apparently a viral video, but obviously it's raising the question. And Apple has like they're trying to stay clear of calling the goggles like virtual reality or any other similar name, instead referring to it as spatial computing. They're saying, don't describe like in the blog post, targeting developers who like would be fueling all the different applications on this, they're saying, don't describe your app experience as augmented reality, virtual reality, extended reality, or mixed reality. Which is like kind of the whole promise of the thing, right that It's like that's reality. I'm like you can see like that that was what I thought was cool about it. That made it cooler than like an oculus is the past through because I could drive with it, Thank you. I just love the euphemism, like how they're telling like shaming developers, like don't describe your app experiences any of this crap. It's spatial computing, like be like, yeah, I'm not like driving under the influence. I'm in a chemically induced navigational crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think is what I would call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't describe the thing based on the main selling points that we've advertised around it. Describe it as this made up phrase that we just made up.
Speaker 2: Right. It's like when people sell bonds on Amazon or some shit and they have to call it something else just to like I.
Speaker 1: Actually don't know what you're talking about a bomb or are you talking about my glass water tobacco pipes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about your decorative modern minimal flower vase. It's wild like because then like you know, they sell like fucking stems, you know what I mean for like freebasing and shit like on there too or like what you know, smoking whatever like and it's like always like.
Speaker 3: Uh like tooled glass tube.
Speaker 2: Before the chemistry.
Speaker 3: There's a whole other words we use to sell the paraffinnale.
Speaker 1: There's a whole other world of smoking things out.
Speaker 2: Of glass pipes that, yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't recommend it.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break and.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and the sphere is trending.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Out in Vegas, somebody climbed the sphere. This is in the headlines. They said, an activist climber ascended like the structure in Las Vegas. And apparently this guy like was doing it to raise money, like has a bunch of followers online or some shit a for a homeless woman and her unborn child. And I was like, oh, is this like a book? Good thing like to raise awareness for like unhoused people that are like vulnerable. Well not based on the organization that TMZ got a quote from in regards to this, it said. Reporters spoke with Tim Clement, outreach director for Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust Jesus Chris, who confirmed that the man was detained after coming off the top of the sphere. So I was like, oh, wow, he apparently has done this shit before in the build up to the Super Bowl. He did it like in like the last two years, I guess. But like anti choice activist climber.
Speaker 2: Is like a very weird description for someone's like occupation of what they do. What are you up to these days? I'm an anti choice activist climber. It does suggest.
Speaker 1: That he's worried that someone is going to cut down the sphere and he's like trying to protect it with his life, like the way you know, protesters would climb trees to prevent them from being cut down, and then people would just like cut them down anyway because they didn't care about Yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Like it down like such the last shot man before we fell this thing.
Speaker 1: There's a Missouri Republican candidate who is lighting LGBTQ books on fire with a flamethrower, which just yeah worth noting the first books that were burned by Nazis were LGBTQ books, Like that was where they started. Yeah, but did they do it with a super soaker filled with gasoline?
Speaker 2: Right? That's the question that like, flamethrower is a very interesting what like, what is this contraption that this is one of the throwers? Dude? Is it?
Speaker 3: It looks homemade as fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway way to look tough because you burned a book. But yeah, yeah, this is a I mean, it's where it's a wacky election season, so we're only going to start seeing more and more obscene, absurd, ridiculous, offensive, provocative campaign shit like this. Apparently what was interesting too, is like they said it was like with liberal tears. Wait, that was that the flamethrower was powered by liberal tears. There's a label on the flamethrower that said liberal tears. So I guess it's a fuels. I mean, that does make sense in their world that It's like I'm like, I live off liberal tears. I live off gasoline.
Speaker 1: That's my alternative. Yeah, gets me out of bed in the morning.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know coffee. I just need liberal tears and methamphetamine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Some people are pointing out too, it's like it looks like those books actually had like labels on them as if they were taking out of a library. So then like, are you destroying public property or whatever laws for anyone? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But again here we go like like we keep saying that all these people that are you know, trying are vuying for office, especially on the right, are just like straight up they're like I'm looking for clicks. Yeah sure, yeah, they look they look like library books that like still have the plastic cover on them, which that's can't be good, can't be a good thing to it inhale. I just like when like to launch this campaign, hurt. This is the tweet that had the video and it said this is from Valentino Gomez for Secretary of State said when I'm Secretary of State, I will fire emoji, burn all caps, all books that are grooming, doctrinating, and sexualizing our children. Maga period America first American flag of Boji. It's like, You're not serious at all, But okay, what when I'm there, I will burn them with my homemade or my homebrew fucking flamethrower that I just created.
Speaker 1: A Wow. Used to be the bell weather and then things went sideways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the weather ain't good based on that one.
Speaker 1: That's right. Psilocybin is trending because you know, is one of our most promising therapeutic medicines that are looking into but the police not less less of a fan. They're they've been busting more and more people for selling it.
Speaker 2: Like apparently it's just gone up exponentially. It's more like the size of the busts. I think, you know, obviously there was probably not as much of an emphasis on like shrooms as there was like meth or like fentanel or some other kinds of like you know, mass produced drugs or something like that. But yeah, it's just like this, there's a story in MPR. This is like it's just more and more people have been using them, and more and more people are selling them too. And I think a lot of it is to do with like a lot of states have more relaxed drug laws or like I don't know, dude, yeah you fucking get caught like whatever, SOI rooms like to go go ahead. But then because of that there are more like grow operations or stores selling them like when they aren't supposed to, and then that has led to like a lot of the confiscation. But like overall, like you know, a lot of the like even in this article points out it's like it's having a renaissance, like likes like people are more and more interested in psychedelics, and more and more, there's just more and more research an investment going into psychedelics too for therapeutic uses. So it's like kind of an interesting thing where like, on one hand, people are probably I don't know, either just getting fucked up or like trying to do something tinkering with it themselves. And also you have industries being.
Speaker 3: Like, is this like gonna actually help people?
Speaker 2: I wonder how like the Glaxo Smith Kleins and Pfisers of the world.
Speaker 1: How in BEV? Yeah, like right, I feel like microdo saying psilocybin has more and more popular popularity stand totally. I've heard it is like a good alternative to drinking and even a healthier one.
Speaker 2: Even as you say Anheuser Busch in BEV their very own post Malone who's like a big bud light guy, Like you had a fucking whole album it was called Shrooms and Beer or whatever, like yeah, fucking it's just becomes so normal. But yeah, I mean, I think that's what's really interesting is just the the promise of the positive benefits that have that people have seen and just being able to let that research, you know, evolve into something that can maybe help people, but I think with anything you're always weary of, like what Big Pharma and their friends on Capitol Hill can do to sort of stemy that development and growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and finally Coke is debuting their first permanent flavor in years. This seems like, I mean, they're they're coming out saying it's permanent. We'll see if anybody wants to drink this ship, because you know they so for a while now, they've been trying to counteract the trend that people don't help anymore because it's bad for them, right, and so you know, people treat it like a treat, I guess, instead of as a beverage of it, like you drink throughout the day. And so they've been doing all these like limited time offerings, and they've got like all sorts of combination vanilla or like all these different types of coke and now they're like, we finally found this is the one, guys.
Speaker 7: It's Coke spice, Coca Cola spiced okay, which that I can't believe they didn't do a tie in with Dune but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or ice spice, yeah, or ice spice. You know this is But they're like really saying like this is permanently. You're gonna be able to get this forever and you're gonna love it. It's a combination of raspberry and spice sleeps.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of spices. Guys, what are we talking?
Speaker 3: I know, I know you're going it's like, ah, man, it's Cooman.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? My fucking wild this street man, I can't funk with this? Yeah, good luck, man. I mean I had a fucking squirt the other day. Oh yeah, and I was seeing fucking stars after the first sip. Like I don't know if it got sweeter or because I drink less like soda that I just wasn't. I mean, it's a grapefruit soda, but I mean, damn, the sweetness. I was like my teeth were curling in on themselves.
Speaker 1: If made you squirt a little bit, maybe just a little bit, a little bit of sweat as as advertised, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Exactly, But yeah, I don't know. I mean, uh, it's true. Like I mean, it's like I remember as a kid, like when like my mom or dad was like, oh that's too sweet for me. I'm like, what the fuck are you talking about? No such thing? Ass whole give me that ship, watch me pound this. Or I remember my dad who like cut like juice with water yeah, and be like yeah, it's like he's like, oh that juice guy is too sweet. I'm would always I'm gonna cut it with water. And I was like, okay, bro, I know.
Speaker 1: Let me step on the ship real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and needs to get stepped on a couple of times, you know what I mean. He hand me that, hand me that uh that baby blacks did it real quick. But yeah, like and now I've that's like you know those little moments and you're like, I'm I'm becoming adults now where I'm like, oh shit this no, no, oh, put a little seltzer in that. This is too sweet for dead.
Speaker 1: Amount that I drank orange juice when I was thirsty.
Speaker 3: Oh my like minute made gallon jugs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I drank that ship like it was water. Like it was like so good for you, Like, well, you know what, did you little health food for me?
Speaker 3: Did you get that vitamin D enriched one too?
Speaker 2: They had one that like yeah, I remember my mom would buy that because she was like, oh vitamin D cut to me fucking drinking straight out of that jug like yeah, like like I was in the desert, just dehydrate.
Speaker 1: I was running from playing outside and drink straight sugar to the dome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just all prime prime energy drinks from me, that's right. And what are the Panera bread?
Speaker 1: Fucking hypercharged charged lemonade? That's right. That is how to grow the rest and recuperate.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a doulhood asshole. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, February seventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about what I and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye