Speaker 1: Welcome to Good Game with Sarah Spain, where Marina Maybrey is playing a one person game of horse while watching all of her teammates get traded away and don't ask us how she already got home. It's Tuesday, March eighteenth, and on today's show, Big Citrus will be jumping on to discuss the biggest March Madness bracket storylines, the strangest WNBA news timing we've seen in.
Speaker 2: A while, and our favorite new T shirts which could also be your favorite new T shirts.
Speaker 1: Plus a rallying call becomes a burn potatoes and corn galore, and did it just get a little cloudy in here? It's all coming up right after this welcome back slices, Here's what you need to know today. Let's start with the WNBA where midway through the NCAA Tourney bracket reveal and the unrivaled semifinals. On Sunday, it was announced that the Connecticut's Sun have traded Natasha Cloud to the New York Liberty in exchange for the number seven pick in this year's WNBA draft and a first round pick in twenty twenty six. Quick reminder, Cloud, who played for the Phoenix Mercury last season, was sent to Connecticut just a few weeks ago as part of the four team deal that sent Melissa Thomas to Phoenix and Satusabili to Dallas. While Cloud is clearly psyched to be in New York, tweeting New York as soon as the news broke, we're guessing that Marina Maybrey is probably a little less thrilled. Maybury had requested a trade from the Sun earlier this year after the team lost its entire starting lineup during free agency, but that trade was denied and now she lost Hash too. Thank god she learned how to cook it Unrivaled. It's time to drown those sorrows and some pasta. Speaking of Unrivaled. By the time U slices hear this Unrivaled, we'll have its first champion. But we had to record this ahead of Monday Night's final between roseby C and Vinyl BC due to my wild travel schedule, and while we could pull out the crystal ball again, it was dead wrong last week calling game for the Lunar Owls, Hoodie who shout out to Panda with Cookie and Blue Sky for that great a burn.
Speaker 2: After the Owls went down on Sunday.
Speaker 1: We will plan to do a full unrivaled debrief with the winners and the final awards of the season later this week to the PWHL, where the Minnesota Frost and New York Sirens played in front of fourteen, two hundred and eighty eight fans on Sunday night in Detroit, Michigan, setting a new US Pro Women's Hockey attendance record. Detroit's Little Caesars Arena was the eighth of nine stops on the PWHL's takeover tour, which could factor into which new cities the upstart Women's Hockey League expands to in the future. According to Zesti Lyme on Blue Sky, the whole arena was chanting, we want a team, so Detroit definitely threw their hat in the ring for expansion Sunday night. The league also announced that more than one million fans have attended a PWHL contest since the league played its inaugural game on January first, twenty twenty four. Incredible New York went on to win that game against Minnesota four to one to keep the team's playoff hopes just barely afloat heading into the final month and a half of the regular season, Sirens are currently last in the sixteen standings. The Frost, last year's tampions, are sitting and fourth. More from the World of Snow and Ice, US cross country skier and friend of the Show, Jesse Diggins clinched her third overall World.
Speaker 2: Cup title this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's the award given to the skier with the most points over the course of the grueling thirty one race November to March international season. While there are technically still three races left on the World Cup slate in the next few days, diggins lead over the rest of the field can't be beaten at this point. The three time Olympic medalist was already the only North American cross country skier of any gender to own two World Cup overall titles when she accomplished that feat last year, and now she's even more in a league of her own. We got to take a quick break. When we come back, get out the juicers. It's time for Big Citrus to reconvene.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Slices.
Speaker 1: Let's have a little Big Citrus convo about some of the biggest news of the.
Speaker 2: Week, and I want to start with the bracket takeaways. Late on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I gave you some of my biggest thoughts on it, but I want to hear from Alex and Mesh as well. And I get the feeling Mesh's gonna want to start with. I don't know William and Mary.
Speaker 3: I don't give a piss about nothing but the tribe. Okay, my William and Mary tribe. My alma mater won the CAA Championship on Sunday. I was sick to my freaking stomach that I couldn't be there. Had a good reason, also had an annoying reason with travel and planes and all that kind of stuff, but literally cried once that buzzer sounded. Coach Aronderson Davis's team has restored my faith in that program and the ability of folks who have one goal, one accord to really come together. That team was fifteen and eighteen on the season, folks, that is rough, and I had a front row seat to it. There were ups and downs, but anybody who was paying close attention new there were flashes of brilliance. Whether it was a five minute segment, in a quarter, a whole quarter, a whole half, it was just a matter of them putting it all together. The talent was there, you know, the strategy was there, the defense especially was there.
Speaker 2: In one player in.
Speaker 3: Particular, Bela Nasimento, throughout this entire season was dealing with the fact that she was now going to be the team's returning leading scorer and you know, in her last year in a college uniform, she's gonna be heading off to the pros, gonna be at the Combine in the final four. She set it off in the tournament and so many other players also stepped up during that four game stretch, y'all. They beat the reigning champs from last year, Drexel. They beat the number one seed in this tournament, North Carolina A and T, which by the way, had just blown them out the week prior, you know, in.
Speaker 4: The last game of the regular season.
Speaker 3: Then beat number three Campbell, who had also beat them the week prior in the last game of the regular season. Like you want to talk about an amazing run, that's an amazing run. And the thing that's most exciting to me for coach Aaron Dixon Davis in that team is they've got a very winnable first four game again is high point coming up on Thursday night. So I'm just over the moon. I've been crying on and off for like the last you know, thirty six hours. Never been happier to be in alone, Niche.
Speaker 5: They were the ninth Yes, they were.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 3: That's why the first time, it's ninety three that they had made it to the championship, and if I'm not mistaken, they were the lowest seed to make it to the championship ever in the history of the CAA.
Speaker 1: This is the first time they're going dancing, which is huge. And also, Meche, you are the color commentator for their games, and so not only did you play there, but now you've been calling the games all season. And I have to admit I haven't been watching super closely to the team because I'm kind of thinking, oh, they're you know, they're not going to be the kind of team I'm watching come March. And so when they won and they got the bid, I was like, I feel like Misha's been burying the lead.
Speaker 2: I'm William and Mary being like a tournament team. But the point is they.
Speaker 4: Were swear to you.
Speaker 3: It's not that they again, It's like you look at the eye test, you look at the record, You're not going to say a fifteen to eighteen team is going to make it to the tournament. But that's the beauty of it, right, It's all about in March and tournament time.
Speaker 4: You gotta peak at the right moment.
Speaker 3: And they have been learning, you know, So you have to learn each lesson after every loss, and I think they did that this season and that's why they were able to perform that way.
Speaker 1: I don't want to deprive the slices of the good and bad reason that you missed the game, So can you quickly tell them what you were up to and why you didn't make it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta give a shout out to my girl, one of my best friends, one of my favorite humans on this planet, Chandler, my bestI.
Speaker 4: Yea, I won't give you her full government because you know.
Speaker 3: She does important things, but it was her bachelorette this weekend, so I was going to try to make it back in time for that.
Speaker 4: Game, hopefully even to call it.
Speaker 3: But Tampa, Florida, folks, we were down there with the weather and the storms and the rain, and so my flight got delayed, he got canceled, I got.
Speaker 4: All that kind of stuff. But I was able to watch and celebrate so hey.
Speaker 5: And maybe William and Mary will be back in Tampa.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, you never missed the dulcin tones of one Jones on the air for that game on the radio call. But she at least got to nurse a little hangover and watched the game, maybe having some hair at the dog to get you pickle. And you made it back in time for the show. Too awesome. Super excited about that and excited for you.
Speaker 2: Let's talk a.
Speaker 1: Couple other things. Does don Staley have a point? South Carolina the overall number one seed? Every year since twenty twenty one, it goes to UCLA.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 1: Dawn was not super demonstrative and said it wasn't bulletin board material, but made it clear that she thought that they should have been the number one overall.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think she made a great point, right, and she even said it in the post selection show interview she did with Holly Rowe. This is a team that played nineteen quad one opponents and for folks who don't know what that means, basically, the cream of the crop, the teams with the most value if you beat them. Like those teams they went sixteen and three in nineteen games against Quad one opponents.
Speaker 1: And a lot of them early in the season when we want to watch those games. We want to see the big games. We don't want you to wait until late season, so you're still figuring things out. Maybe folks are hurt, maybe they're new, maybe they're fresh, and you're willing to give up an l in order to learn about your team and for the better of all of college basketball, exactly.
Speaker 3: For the entertainment value and also for your team to get better. And so I agree with her that you shouldn't penalize teams, you know what I mean, You want to incentivize them to continue playing those games early on in the season. So she's definitely got an argument there, and then Lizzie.
Speaker 4: Goppolie does as well.
Speaker 3: For USC to me, I test wise, at this point in the season, I worry about their consistency. I worry about the fact that so much is on Juju's shoulders. It's always a little scary when any team.
Speaker 4: Puts a lot of eggs in one basket. But also Juju shown she can do it. And let's be real.
Speaker 3: They handed UCLA the only two losses they face this season, and it's always hard to beat a team three times, regardless of the situation.
Speaker 4: So I do think she's got a point as well.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, in my opinion, you got a great point, that's fine, but you gotta win the game.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter period.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's a question. Do you think Lindsay is most upset about being the fourth number one seed or the fact that Yukon is eight, thus hutting them against each other potentially in the Elite A.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I think it's about who's in her region. As a result of being the fourth number one, you get less respect as the fourth in terms of who they're going to put as your twos and threes in your region.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean that's why she's pissed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think part of the reason down is like I'm pissed, but it's cool, is because their paths of the final.
Speaker 2: Four is oh, yes, it is, yeah, whereas Lindsay's like, come on.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta go through Oklahoma, which is the number three. You gotta go through Kentucky, which is the number four. Both teams that are not pushovers, right, and then yeah, if Yukon ends up at the end of that at the end in that region, that's tough. Right, You already know that they've got your number. Being a team two times is a little easier than being the team.
Speaker 1: Three times, so right, Yeah, I mean I think there's that's why the committee's job is so tough, because you can potentially argue that any of the number one seeds could have been the overall number one, depending on which kind of metric you want to look at, which makes it so difficult.
Speaker 2: I want to talk Notre Dame at number three a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 1: If you had said this, we would have been gobsmacked based on Hannah Hidalgo and Olivia Miles and how that team looked. But not only did they lose a handful of games down the stretch, they lost two teams that then picked up a lot of momentum as a result of those wins, and that's how you end up being a three. But man, does it suck for.
Speaker 2: Anyone in a region where Notre Dame is the three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nuts, But it's exactly what you said. When you're a top team, you have to take care of business against team you're supposed to take care of business against, and I also think though, it makes them that much more dangerous because they had a taste of what it was like to be at the top, to be a potential number one, and had it ripped out from underneath them. They're coming back with a vengeance.
Speaker 4: If you've ever seen it before.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to know your announcement reaction. Go to move?
Speaker 1: Are you dancing? Are you screaming? Are you I've been here before? Playing it cool? Alex, The camera just switched to you. You hear your name, and you see that you are now live on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Don't think what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm digging back to when my field hockey team made the NC DOUBLEA tournament, and I was the one who We won our conference tournament both times, so we knew we were in. But I was refreshing the NC DOUBLEA site and doing like slash field Hockey D three and like possible combos, like trying to hack the website to see who we were seated against first, and so the idea of having a camera in the room to capture my reaction totally foreign and alien to me. I would probably be smiling and not wanting the attention to be on myself in my normal go to.
Speaker 2: Way heard you love that mesh go to move oof.
Speaker 3: My go to is immediately crying. As I just said, I would probably be. I would probably be really excited up until they actually said our names and then head everything is just involved with the crying. But there's a meme on Twitter. I think it's a video a gift. What are we even calling things anyway? Yeah, and there's a video of a girl on Twitter. She's like crying over to the side and that she turns herund and smirks.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we did that. That would probably be me. That would probably be you.
Speaker 1: Would be crying and then you'd be like, oh damn, I gotta make some sort of move on this.
Speaker 2: So let me let me turn to camera.
Speaker 1: There was a gal I can't remember which team now, who was in front, like on her knees, and it looked like there was a deep prayer happening.
Speaker 4: Hey, I get it.
Speaker 2: I can't remember which team it was.
Speaker 1: I would like to be able to say that I would have like one of those choreographed TikTok moves that the people had out front looking all likes fly absolutely not. I would just be like the weirdo that runs straight up to the camera and puts my whole face into it, like and then I just start picking up all my smaller teammates. That feels the zone brand potentially chest bumps. I used to do those a lot back in my sporting days. It's always fun. Uh yeah, I think I would just be Yeah, But I don't get the people who are too cool for school.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: You knew you were going you're mad about Seed.
Speaker 1: I just for me, it's like any chance in life to celebrate, I'm taking it, even if i'm you know, just every moment is an opportunity to be excited.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: While we're watching the bracket selection show, m hm, we just get a random announcement that Natasha Cloud is headed from the Sun to the Liberty. I love the move for all the reasons that are not you know, because I'm a Liberty or sunfan, just because Tasha is one of my favorite players and in New York is a fun place for her to be with a great team, her style, her vibes everything.
Speaker 2: What are the Sun doing?
Speaker 1: And do we have even more sympathy for Marina Maybury, whether or not we think she should be allowed to get traded again after demanding out multiple times, but just she's like all alone there, like the Fresh Prince meme.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you just gotta talk this season up for Connecticut. I you just got those one in the trash can. It's it's straight rebuild mode. I don't know what to think.
Speaker 4: If I'm Marina Maybury, I'm like, do I need to just sit out?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What what's going on? Is this injury a little bit more than I think it is?
Speaker 4: Wink wink. No, I don't know what's going on over there. I have no clue.
Speaker 3: But as far as New York goes, you know, I'm excited you buried the lead. I'm excited because they made the gayest move possible.
Speaker 1: They sent how to put it through my hoops engas ship filter.
Speaker 3: Because they said, Tash to New York where her girlfriend Isabella Harrison just signed a trading camp contract on February twenty first, I missed everything.
Speaker 2: To me, I missed it. Yes, okay, I am behind that. This is why we go to you. This is why is your account.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, okay, yeah, because we don't you know what we saw some couples broken up in the name of basketball this offseason, so we like a good love story where we're getting reunited and it feels so good.
Speaker 3: But it does It does make sense on the court as well, though, right because what's been the criticism of Sabrinian.
Speaker 4: School all the time.
Speaker 3: It's the defense in Natasha Cloud brings all that in a bag of chips on the defensive end, and then you've got the possibility of her taking some of that facilitation pressure off of Sabs so she can just hitk some threes, throw some domes when she needs to please.
Speaker 1: There. I mean, as far as Marina goes, I will say, like, even if it's tempting to chalk this up to a loss, with the way the CBA and contracts are going, like, she has a reason to.
Speaker 2: Ball out and do her best. She does so she might have to all alone.
Speaker 4: Playing horse in the gym.
Speaker 2: I'll get yourself by yourself. Oh man.
Speaker 5: Before we move on from Tosh, can we spend just one moment talking about the timing, because it wasn't just the bracket reveal show at the same time, it was the unrivaled semi finals and I'm not sure why they decided to announce then, And I think it's notable that it was an announcement and not somebody leaking the news. And I think the reason why it was nobody leaking the news was because literally all of the women's basketball reporters were busy. And I don't know what's to blame, ineptitude, stupidity, or like the idea of like, oh, we can like make news during a big women's basketball moment, but like that's not how these things work, and uh yeah, just strange.
Speaker 2: So true, Alex.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I don't even know that we would know if it got leaked because none of us were looking for that. We were watching unrivaled playoffs and looking at the bracket show. Whether it was leaked and then they announced it or they announced it anyway, you would think that they would want that official post to come at a different time, and they didn't, And it's anyone's guess as to why. I mean, I would think the Liberty would want to soak up a little more attention.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's the point I disagree on, because the Liberty in terms of you remember the super team narrative that started with Vegas that first year they won the championship in the second one. New York was so like, don't give that to us, please, we don't want to keep us out of We just want to have our book club and get on the court and play. And then because they've got a lot of soft spoken kind of people, and it also feels like that carries over into the front office as well. So I think maybe the Liberty are just like hustlers, move in silence, like.
Speaker 4: We're the Sun. I can't speak for them, but New.
Speaker 1: York, right, I think we all understand why the Sun might not want it to be heavily publicized that they have sent away yet to another player. But yeah, for the Liberty, it's possible that they're just like, don't talk about how much talent we're getting.
Speaker 2: Just speak quiet, we don't We'll fly under the radar here, look at Ellie.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, y'all, we got to talk merch because yesterday's show we made the big reveal that we finally have the merch that fans have been clamoring for all.
Speaker 2: The slices in our men cheese. When's the merch?
Speaker 1: Shraps, It's here, and it's on Breakingtea dot Com. Slash Spain is where you can go. I also posted it on my social with links. We'll put it in the show notes again. But yeah, I'm excited. I'm like Jenu, I think I might scream when I'm walking down the street if I see someone wearing one of our shirts.
Speaker 5: Sure, I haven't even thought about that possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I went to one of the NWSL games I went to, I want to say, it might have been the championship game of the Red Stars and the Spirit at the in Louisville in twenty twenty one. But there was a girl wearing a shirt that said Mina and Sarah, I want to say, and Katie and somebody else, and it was all women from ESPN that she was a fan of.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's me. She was like it is you, Oh my god. And I was like, oh my god, this is the coolest thing. Did you have that, Maide? And she was like I did, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wait it was a custom shirt, yes, Like it.
Speaker 1: Was like those shirts that have like the name and her sand and you know, and she had it custom made, and like I was more excited to take a.
Speaker 2: Picture with her that she was to take a picture with.
Speaker 1: That's so funny it was Mina and Katie and Sarah and Alison. This was Katie Nolan, Mina Chimes, and then Allison was on The Levatar Show, and yeah, I was like losing my mind. So I feel like it's gonna be that feeling when we like are walking down the street and we.
Speaker 2: See a good game, good game for you, just strolling towards us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be so wild because the one I've never had anybody obviously wear my merch because I've never had any merch. But I remember being at the end of USLE Championship in Kansas City and running into certified sly Stacy in her being like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, are you producer me? And I was like, girl, yes, what it's going on? Is everything okay? So that's gonna be wild.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Uh. And also I love that somebody already blue skied, so I guess skeated as we're calling it, even though don't google that or not look it up, please, I can't wait to have my twelve year old walking around in a good game, good game you shirt.
Speaker 2: And I was like, scent picks.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 5: Also, the shirts are so comfortable. Yeah, somebody that is kind of a snob about comfy t shirts, you know, like when bars hand up free tea shirts, I'm like, okay, if it's a Guilden that's like part polyester, no thank you, I won't take.
Speaker 2: It unless you want to sponsor skild In.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: No, they're comfortable, they fit awesome, They're super high quality.
Speaker 1: They come in sweatshirts. You can get a V neck, so yeah, amazing.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to wear my asking me about women's sports shirt to like the hardware store, just like see what comes up, like anyone come out of the woodwork here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want you to wear it to your trivia night that you always tell us they don't ask enough women's sports questions. They always include just men's men's sports.
Speaker 5: So no, they don't ask any sports questions, which is why I go to it because I do not want them asking sports questions that I can't answer.
Speaker 2: On the men's side.
Speaker 1: Got it, Well, I still think ask me about women's sports at your trivia.
Speaker 2: Night is a good one.
Speaker 1: I feel like that shirt in particular for all of March madness. If you order it right now and it comes in time for you to be at the bars and you're like, yeah, let me tell you about Juju, let me tell you about Page, let me tell you about South Carolina. Right already said, I'm just gonna wear that at work every day at the register. So if people don't already know how I feel, they'll ask me, and then I'll tell them about how much I love women's sports. So shout out to Breaking Tea, thank you for that collab. We're so excited about it. And then the last thing, starch Madness. We are about to make this bracket, so get your recipes in. It's like the last day I would say to send us submissions for this. We're gonna make the bracket, and then I'm going to cook the final four.
Speaker 2: So far i've gotten some really to cook the final four. Yeah, you know me cross them up.
Speaker 1: Uh No. So one of them that we got was funeral potatoes, which I've heard about a million times that haven't eaten. So I'm very excited, very Midwestern dish. And there's actually like a restaurant slash catering thing here in Chicago that went kind of viral called funeral Potatoes. And I've always been like I gotta I gotta.
Speaker 2: Make that so that one's in there.
Speaker 1: Obviously, potato corn chowder is going to be my jam Greek potatoes, So send the recipes, even the quirky ones. Because Panda with Cookie, who I mentioned earlier in the show on Blue Guy, they sent me a mildly unhinged recipe that involves a potato and a power drill. I'm sorry, I need details, please, it, I believe originally as a regular hot dog, but thankfully they amended that and made it a veggie dog. But somehow you're supposed to get a veggie dog into the core of a potato and then put it over the campfire. But pandawith Cookie basically explains that, like, even the power drill didn't really work and it's hard to do so, Connie, you have to just make the potato separately and then add the dog and the chili and the other stuff later.
Speaker 2: But they closed with this.
Speaker 1: After listening to Friday's episode of My Walk this morning, I realized that this might be an underdog entry.
Speaker 2: Is the potato the star in this dish? Perhaps not? Is this even a recipe?
Speaker 1: Not really, I didn't even tell you how to make the chili because I was regularly on potato duty. But does anyone remember that Kansas won the men's tournament in twenty twenty two?
Speaker 2: No, and them, I bleed Carolina blue.
Speaker 1: People remember Saint Peter's Cinderella run in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: You know FD you believe it not Yukon.
Speaker 1: This reference, by the way, to everyone is to men's hoops sixteen seeds after you fairly Dickinson taking out number one perdue will allow it. Anyway back to pandit with cookie. Tater pigs are not the star. They are a fourteen seed upset experience my drop. Okay, So honestly, we might just allow the tater pigs into the bracket.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna neat to find a drill.
Speaker 4: The committee can take liberties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Honestly, as somebody that hates cooking but loves woodworking and other types of DIY projects like this is my kind of recipe.
Speaker 2: Here you go. If tater pigs make it.
Speaker 1: Potentially, I will read the rest of the email because I was laughing throughout about the drill and being in the middle of camping and attempting to cook everything like it's good stuff. But send your recipes. Time is running out. Meiche, Alex. If you have a tremendous darch based recipe you're hiding, Alex, sounds more like you're hiding how to make a table.
Speaker 5: I hide potatoes in my garden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you do. Is that a euphemism? We don't have to get into it, please, Okay, we gotta take a break when we come back.
Speaker 1: The Goat parade continues welcome backslices. Yesterday we revealed Slice Amanda Valos the Good Game Goat Team bracket challenge, and we shared the left side of the bracket, so today the right side, top right of the bracket. Number one, the Magnificent seven ninety six US Olympic Gymnastics team Kerry Strug nailed the vault on a badly injured ankle, sacrificing the individual for team's success, and then got cradle carried off the mat, leading to important conversations about athletes advocating for their own bodies and safety. Perhaps this set the foundation for Simone Biles speaking up about the Twisties versus number four, the Trifecta. This was an ESPN radio show for those of you who don't remember, and I appreciate that Amanda is boldly kissing up to me in making this an entry in the bracket. Sarah Spain, Kate Fagan, Jane McManus taking on and taking out Ryan Rossillo and other ill prepared men trying to have no takes on women's sports topics.
Speaker 2: Ah the hellcy on Days of the Trifecta.
Speaker 1: Number two US Women's Hockey twenty eighteen, who won gold defeating Canada in a three to two shootout, sending their fiercest rival home as first losers. That is one of my all time favorite teams and games that I have ever watched. They take on Number three Misty May trainer and Carrie Walsh Jennings the Beach Vib's partnership for the Ages, the only team male or female to win three Olympic gold medals. Their partnership lasted ten plus years, which is longer than most marriages. And the bottom right of the bracket. Number one Houston Comets. They won the first four WNBA championships and are credited as the first dynasty of the league. Teresa Edwards, Cheryl Swoops, Lisa Leslie, Don Staley, Mike Drop. They take on Number four Alana Meyers, Taylor, and all of for bob sled pushers. In addition to crushing a good game interview Natch, notable highlights include rocketing the Olympic bobs led across the finish line for a metal while pregnant and again shortly after giving birth. Number two Yukon Stewie Era had a dominance so strong the topic of conversation was are they so good they're bad for competitive basketball? Versus number three US women's wheelchair basketball team Rio twenty sixteen gold medal winners, winning the final by seventeen points and boasting a roster with a two sport paralympian.
Speaker 2: That's a flex all right.
Speaker 1: Now you got the full bracket, some of the greatest teams of all time in the women's sports space, and one crazed moose.
Speaker 2: If you don't get that, listen to yesterday's show.
Speaker 1: I'll post the bracket to my socials and a link to that post in our show notes so you can make your selections. Snap a pick, send it to us a good game at wondermedianetwork dot com, letting us know which goat team takes top honors in your book.
Speaker 2: And that's not.
Speaker 1: The only good game play of the day, because you know we love that you listen, but we always want to get you in the game every day too.
Speaker 2: So first, pick up some good game merch.
Speaker 1: You know you need a shirt that says ask me about women's sports or maybe I'm a slice. We've linked to the Breaking Tea shop in our show notes. Also, not only Amandavalo's Goat bracket, which I said linked in the show notes take a pick, send us that one, but also the Good Game Women's NC DOUBLEA Hoops tournament bracket.
Speaker 2: We want you to fill that out.
Speaker 1: Two brackets will lock when the first first round game tips this Friday at eleven thirty am Eastern, so you got to get your bracket in before then.
Speaker 2: And there will be a prize for the winner.
Speaker 1: I just decided that right in this moment, right now, I have some good merch sitting around, I'll send it to the winner of the Good Game Women's NC DOUBLEA Division one Hoops tournament bracket.
Speaker 2: So fill it out. We love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Always hit us up on email Good Game at wondermedianetwork dot com or leave us a voicemail eight seven two two four fifty seventy and don't forget to subscribe.
Speaker 2: Rate and review five stars. Tell us you love us. It's real easy.
Speaker 1: Watch a messy dental hygienist, rating zero out of five looking stop splashing my own spit all over.
Speaker 2: My face review.
Speaker 1: I never knew how good I had it with my usual hygienis until this morning when this new gal poked, prodded, and splashed me for an hour. How about you don't waterboard me during this cleaning. Okay, lady sheesh, Now it's your turn. Rate and review. Thanks for listening. Slices, See you tomorrow. Good Game, William and Mary, Good Game, Tater Pigs. You breaking women's basketball news in the middle of all the women's basketball?
Speaker 2: Can you not?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: With Sarah Spain is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Production by Wonder Media Network, our producers are Alex Azzie and Misha Jones. Our executive producers are Christina Everett, Jesse Katz, Jenny Kaplan, and Emily Rudder. Our editors are Emily Rutterer, Britney Martinez and Grace lynch Our Associate producer is Lucy Jones, and I'm Your Host Sarah Spain.