Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostic and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: Let's go back though to the S and P five hundred. I mentioned most names in the index hired today, three hundred and thirty seven to the upside, remain one hundred and sixty five to the downside, one unchanged.
Speaker 1: And of course, so we talk about sort of what led that charge. It was energy, it was financials, it was industrials, it was consumer discretionary, all posting pretty sizeable gains here on the day, but the big laggards on the day. You saw that in communications services, which is largely a lot of the companies like your metas if you will. You saw that in utilities, and you saw that in the SMP Infotech index, which includes all the biggies. All those biggies here down as a group by roughly about four tenths of once percent. Now, speaking of the Big East, Carol, we are getting some earnings right now, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Salesforce, Yeah, we are. And d So let's go through the numbers, folks. Let's go right to the forecast. Salesforce seeing fourth quarter revenue eleven point thirteen billion to eleven point twenty three billion, and folks, that is easily above the street estimate, and that's probably why you're seeing the stock up about six percent here in the aftermarket. Ten point nine to one billion is the estimate. Let me go back to the third quarter. Third quarter just to DPS, that was a big beat, three dollars twenty five cents a share versus the estimate of two to eighty six a share. Also, if I take a look at third quarter revenue, that was pretty much in line ten point twenty six billion versus an estimate of twenty of ten point twenty eight billion. But again all right, so pulling back a little bit on the games, but remains still up about four point seven percent, So investors liking what they got in terms of that forecast.
Speaker 1: And I just want to stay on Salesforce for just one second, because there was some concern you guys coming into this morning with that report from the Information about apparently Microsoft's salespeople had missed and at least in the first half of the year, some of the AI sales targets that actually led to a downdraft in both Microsoft and the broader market. Microsoft pushed back on that and we saw a big bump up. So there are a lot of concerns about what we would hear out of Salesforce. This also comes in a day where we heard from the anthropic CEO at a New York Times event saying that he thought some of the spending on AI had maybe gotten a little bit too risky, and some reports out of that Morgan Stanley was actually looking to do a strategic risk transfer and some of the loans tied to that data center build out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just back to Salesforce and staying on sales source. Up eight point three percent in the after hours. Revenue for the fourth quarter. The guidance beat the average analyst estimate fourth quarter forecasts. He's revenue eleven point one three to eleven point two to three billion. That's ahead of estimates of ten point nine to one billion dollars. The estimate for adjusted EPs was for three dollars and three cents. That coming for three dollars and two to three dollars and four so right in line with estimates. The company sees the current remaining performance obligation at fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to dive deeper into this, but yeah, on the surface, these numbers look pretty good. It'll be interesting to see what the Mark Benioff and as our team has to say on the call. Here the idea of AI adoption and of course a company and salesforce that has really bet the farm on it going forward. Meanwhile, we are getting some other earnings this out of the retail space five below. The retailer out with its earnings, and it does look to be a beaten a raised quarter. The shares had a decent little pop just a few minutes ago. Pairing some of those gains. The company is saying that in the most recent quarter, net sales did come in up about twenty three percent at about one billion. Even that's above the average of analyssessments. The company guiding for the next quarter. For the current quarter, the fourth quarter right now, seeing a guidance of net sales in the range of one point five eight to one point six to one billion. The low end of that range is above the average of street estimates. Similar story, Carol, when it comes to the EPs a range with the low end of that range higher than the average Street.
Speaker 3: Estimer so important in terms of what it's telling us about the US economy, the consumer they retail. I want to go back though, to Salesforce if I may. We've got a great right through on the Bloomberg by our Dana Bass and Brody Ford. Again, the company giving an outlook for revenue in the current period that top dalyst estimates, suggesting the software companies persuading customers to its AI tools. The company's AI tool, it's called Agent Force, has closed more than ninety five hundred paid deal since its launch, with an annual recurring revenue for the division that includes AI focused tools being one point four billion in the period ending October thirty first. So again that AI trade remain mentioned like some concerns maybe heading into these earnings, but it looks like Salesforce is definitely delivering.
Speaker 4: Tem Yeah, Mark Benioff, calling out that ninety five hundred page Agent Force deals. He also says three point two trillion tokens process some other numbers that he highlights in the press release, and of course we'll get more potentially on the earnings call. Raising the fiscal year twenty twenty six guidance signaling a powerful pipeline of future revenue Agent Force and Data three sixty products. They're momentum drivers, hitting nearly one point four billion dollars in annual recurring revenue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should point out, I mean, coming into this session actually one of the worst performers in the Dow Jones Industrial average on a year to date basis, and that caused some concern here. But at least the customer relations software company looks to get its mojo back. Meanwhile, we want to take a look at some of the database architecture companies, and that includes Snowflake. It's just out with this results right now. Those shares actually moving lower, down about five percent here in the after hours trade. Here's what the company has to say with regards to the most recent quarter. It basically says that in the most recent quarter, revenue did come in in line with estimates at about one point one six billion EPs at thirty five cents. That's about four cents higher than what the street was looking for. For the fourth quarter. The company says though the product revenue will be in a range of one point two well, there is no range. It will be one point two billion, and that's basically on the nose of what the street was looking for. How the company also says full your product revenue four point four to five. That's slightly higher than what the forecasts before, but only a made higher than what the street was looking for. And maybe that's why you're seeing some softness in the shares.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at another company reporting after hours. Ai US is the ticker C three AI. It's the application enterprise software company. Shares bouncing around in the after hours, but down two point eight percent in terms of the numbers. C three AI second quarter adjusted loss per share of twenty five cents that came in ahead of estimates at thirty three cents. The company sees fiscal year revenue two hundred and eighty nine point five to three hundred and nine and a half million. That's very much below what it saw earlier, which was four hundred and forty seven million to four hundred and eighty four point five million. Second quarter revenue came in above estimates at seventy five point one million dollars once again, and now actually the company sees the third quarter revenue seventy two to eighty million. The customers for seventy five point six million dollars shares in the after hours, down about one point four percent.
Speaker 3: All right, so seeing a lot from certainly the tech community. I want to go back to the retail community. Five below remain breaking it down earlier. I mean, this is a stock that's up almost sixty percent year to date. The stock now up about one and a half percent in the aftermarket, so it's been bouncing around a little bit. Going to the outlook, the company seeing fiscal year EPs of five point fifty one five dollars fifty one cents to five point sixty nine. It had seen four fifty six to four ninety six. The estimate was below five dollars, So it looks like investors certainly feeding into that one and liking it remains.
Speaker 1: And this raised a lot of questions. I mean, we're basically through the earning season. I mean, this is it. We get a few tomorrow like Dollar General and Hormel, and I think Docu sign and HPE Ultra Beauty as well, but we've kind of got to read now on what's going on with business spending, what's going on with consumer spending. The quarters over and it looks like overall it did better than what most.
Speaker 3: People had thought, Yeah, I think you're right, but I have to say when it comes to retail I like you guys. We've done a lot of interviews on that, and it just feels like everybody talking about the consumer yep, spending but being cautious. So anything that puts any more additional pressure on a consumer, I think we could see some problems. And we'll see whether or not they get an assist perhaps from the FED in lower rates and how that can trickle through certainly the economy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a reminder, like the big picture that we've gotten from these retailers has been this bifurcated consumer where the high end consumer is still spending and even the middle income consumers trading down. And look at what we saw from some of the dollar stores.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: As a result, five below up about two percent. You've got salesforce guys up about four and a half percent. Snowflake right now down about six and a half percent. So watching all of this here in the aftermarket.
Speaker 2: That is a wrap this Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.