Speaker 1: Playoff game.
Speaker 2: What are some of your takeaways from that game that could benefit you and going.
Speaker 3: Into this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was obviously a fourth quarter game. It was you know, a very physical game. They did a good job of, you know, of what they do up front, you know, stopping the run and and you know, getting in on some pass plays and stuff and disrupting just the rhythm of some of our concepts and and the rhythm of you know, myself and dropping back. So those are things you know, we saw and you know, they're a good defense. They do some really good things up front. Secondary is really good too, And so yeah, just looking at that that that that game and sort of just putting ourselves back in what was at stake, you know, as a playoff game, just the rivalry of you know, the organizations and understanding you know, what's that stake for this for the Sunday too.
Speaker 3: It's a big game.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so we've we've definitely gone back and looked at a lot of stuff in that game.
Speaker 1: Benefit to having gotten through that not only just the pressure of the situation, but this speed, you know, that defense, the challenges that they.
Speaker 3: Into the table.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think it's always good to be able to, you know, have some experience with a team that you're playing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's huge.
Speaker 4: But you know, every year, obviously you got guys that leave to leave the team or they add on, and so it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Their style might be a little bit different.
Speaker 4: But in terms of like going against those certain guys and feeling that kind of pass rush and you know how they defend in the secondary, it's good. You know that I got some of that experience all the guys, you know with me, I got that experience, you know, really in January. So here we are months later and ready to go after him again.
Speaker 1: It was the only game that that you've gone beginning to end with the offensive scored less than twenty because they held you to four field goals. I guess do you remember that as being kind of a slog and a real tough game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just remember every every play was you know, there's a lot of stick every single play and you had to be on point, you had to be detailed and everything. I feel like there was some of my progressions where I got off some stuff too quick, and and you know, looking back on it, it's like, man, just you know, stick to the progressions, don't overthink things.
Speaker 3: And so those are the things I saw on film.
Speaker 4: But to go back to your point, yeah, like every every possession and down it means a lot. And so in this kind of game, when you got really good too, really good you know, defenses on both sides of the ball, it's like, man, how can you eliminit eliminate the turnovers? Play smart and when you get in the red zone, execute and be willing to actually score touchdowns. Obviously the field goals are great and getting points are great, but to win these kind of games, man, we gotta score touchdowns.
Speaker 5: If you identify where Parsons is on every player, are you specifically looking for number eleven?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean obviously I think he's a he's a game changer of a player, and so that's that's with every team that we go against, you know who the guys that can change a game in one play, one snap. So I'm obviously just always having mind tented up where he's at, where he's lined up. You know, it's the same thing in the playoff game last year. It'll be the same thing this Sunday. But they also have really good you know, players everywhere else too, So it's just being in tune and on point every snap before I snapped the ball.
Speaker 3: So first quarter against.
Speaker 5: The Conbos last year, you had a second goal and you had to pick screen to debot or quarterback draw, which is I don't think you've had many design runs?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 5: Were you excited about that play? And there besides a quarterback sneak? Have there been any other design runs that?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it was just something that we saw in the scheme. So that's something you know, we drew up and thought it was gonna work at the time. You know, is it something that I love? Honestly? I love whatever helps our team win and move the ball, and if it takes a quarterback draw in a certain situation or scenario, by all means, let's do it. So whatever coach calls, I trust in and that's what I go with. But you know, going into a game, is it like we have all these quarterback runs and stuff like that. I mean, it's it just depends on the situation and stuff. But I'll just I'll do whatever it takes to help the team win.
Speaker 3: So so looking at.
Speaker 2: The numbers in the first month, Kyle's preferring not to have the tight end standard block in the full back block. He's getting five out in the pattern and making them defend the whole field and kind of putting it on you to get the ball out quick. Is that the way you like to play? Is that a Kyle preference? Do you have a preference? Do you want five in the pattern? Would you rather have the tight end blocking? How do you look at offensive football?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like it just depends, you know, obviously against the team that we're going against, the situation where we're at in the game, but obviously with the playmakers that we have, you know, for you know, my sake. It's like, man, if everyone could be an option, you know in the past game in one play, Like I love that obviously, Like everyone is really good. You get the ball in space, they can make, you know, something crazy happen with it. So obviously it's nice as a quarterback to have really good players all be eligible in the pass play to get out and have an opportunity to get the ball. Depending on what the team's doing, if they're blitzing the lot or whatever. Do we have to have help and have guys stay in so be it so that's something that obviously Kyle goes over and he goes over it with us as quarterbacks and then we're ready to roll comes Sunday with what we're expecting and what our plan is and so but I mean, I think it'd be any quarterbacks dream to have, you know, all their guys out eligible for the pass play. But it just depends, like I said, on the situation.
Speaker 6: Obviously passer rating isn't and they'll be all you just want to win.
Speaker 3: But given that you have.
Speaker 4: Not lost a game that you started and finished, your lowest passer rating is what came against Dallas, obviously playoff game you win.
Speaker 3: Do you think that was your toughest game is as a quarterback? Yeah, honestly, I'd say so.
Speaker 4: You know, they were really good defense, and like I said, you know, there was times where you know, just the pass rosher, my rhythm something just felt off in that game, and they did a good job of just getting me off set with some little things and you know, just sort of just you know, maybe rushing things and and I feel like I didn't get in a good rhythm to process just what we had going on. So there was some some air, isn't there where I can definitely be better at. And so yeah, it's one of those games where I gotta be smart with the ball, like in the playoff game, had to be smart with it.
Speaker 3: I thought we did well with that, but at.
Speaker 4: The end of the day, I do expect more of myself to be able to you know, take the next step and you know, go through reads progressions even with the pass rush that might be you know a little bit more aggressive and and so that's where I'm at with that.
Speaker 3: But definitely one of my toughest games.
Speaker 1: Like the run game took hold in the second half.
Speaker 2: Was that a game one of the more heavy.
Speaker 1: Adjustment games that you guys had offensively based on on the struggles in the first half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I can't exactly remember just I say that because every game we have so many adjustments, you know, second half. So I do remember in the first half it was you know, a struggle to sort of get the run game going. But once we're able to do that, obviously the past game goes well and we're able to have a you know, a well balanced offense when we're able to obviously run in pass efficiently. So I feel like we the coach did a great job with making some adjustments in the run game, some tiny different little call and adjustments, and we were able to get things rolling, I remember in the second half. But it's just sort of how the game goes. You know, you see how the first half goes, and then you make adjustments from there. So we'll see how the Sunday goes.
Speaker 3: You alluded to it.
Speaker 4: Your teammates have said that Cowboys gotder saying it as week five games go.
Speaker 3: This is maybe a little more important than your normal early season from your perspective. Whyers in this game so so meaningful. I mean, yeah, just where we're at, what we're trying to do.
Speaker 4: You know, we obviously every single game is important, and uh, for this week, we got the Cowboys, so this is the most important game to us obviously if you go another step, you know, further than that, just the history with the two organizations, the playoff games, all that stuff the last couple of years. I mean, everyone knows, it's no secret, like it's a it's a big deal to both organizations, and we take pride and you know, obviously winning and things like that.
Speaker 3: So that's where we're at with that.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, man it's it's another Sunday for us, and we just want to take care of business.
Speaker 5: But to Bell, a few of your teammates have said that there's a different sort of focus in him on game day, the way that he locks in.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that at all?
Speaker 4: From what I've noticed from Ronnie has man, he's just like sort of like a loose guy. I don't think he's like a tense guy. He likes to have fun and play football, and honestly, for me, I sort of feed off that and I like that just as a young guy who can come in and and sort of just play loose and have fun with the guys and sort of remind all of us that, man, we're playing ball, you know, and yes, you got to be locked in, do your job, do it right, you know, consistently. But Ronnie does a great job with you know, just bringing just a little bit more juice and energy with the guys, being that young body, that young mind. So I feel like he's a little different in that area, and I like it.
Speaker 6: We're kidding you, guys are connected for a couple of fourth downs, obviously, but when he's not getting big numbers game after game, is there any guilt on your part not getting him the bomb bar or you realize, okay, we're putting up another thirty points.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter as.
Speaker 5: Long as the offense is gone.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously I want to feed all my guys as best as possible, you know, across the board every single game. But yeah, at the end of the day, man, I'm just doing what I'm asked with an offense, trying to move the ball, move the chains, put up points and win. George has done a tremendous job obviously in the run game, the past game when the ball does come as way, and like I said, like the whole team says, and we say this all the time.
Speaker 3: Like there's no ego. Man, we want to win.
Speaker 4: We want to do whatever it takes. And you know, everyone has their big games. You know, it's just sort of how the play calls go and things like that. But I mean, if it were up to me, obviously I'd love to have all my guys, including George, go for one hundred and fifty every game in four touchdowns. But it's just the nature of the game and sort of how you know, every game is different.
Speaker 2: But yeah, after you scored, you and ball to an offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Well, why do you do that?
Speaker 1: How do you pick out the offensive lignment? And what do you look? Kind of grade do you give Aaron Banks spike?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the running backs really started that. You know, they score a touchdown and they give it to the guys who do the work, the dirty work, who don't get all the glue. So to be able to have them spike it and have the celebration and get the crowd and everyone going, it means a lot to us. And so yeah, when I got through, I got a I got a one yard sneak for a touchdown. Like to say that it was all me, that's crazy. So turn around and honestly, first guy see you right there, his Banks, and he gets juiced up. So his spike and everyone else's celebration around. Man, I'd give it an A. We get we work on it to get to a plus this week though, So all right,