Speaker 1: And broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: I'm strong, and and he I'm strong and Getty strong.
Speaker 4: Stop and think overall about the social contract?
Speaker 3: Can part of the.
Speaker 4: Deal and how we've kept this this democracy's economy of this country on a fairly steady path for more than two hundred years has been that those at the top.
Speaker 3: Pay a little more in taxes, are a little.
Speaker 4: Less rich than they otherwise might be, and everybody else at least gets chanced. And what happened when you turn this into the billionaires run at all is they get the opportunity to squeeze every last penny. Yeah, and look, we'll say it over and over. Violence is never the answer. This guy gets a trial who's allegedly killed the CEO of United Health. But you can only push people so far and then they start to take Matterson. It's their own hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, none, no, no, no, no, no no no no no no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just doing the tomahawk chunk. How in the world does she keep getting elected? Elizabeth Warren? So let's talk about the murder of the healthcare CEO of the reaction to us in all matters healthcare with Craig Gottwalls, Craig the healthcare guru, attorney, law benefit consultant, Benefit or Revolution and good longtime friend of the Ang Show. Craig, how are you, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm great, gentlemen, Thank you much for having me on.
Speaker 5: First of all, Joe and I went with humor around the fact that she's a pretend Indian and glossed over how outrageous that is what she just said. So much wrong with that at every level anyway.
Speaker 3: Now, Craig, is you as a person who has emerged in the world of benefits and health care and insurance and that sort of thing, and a person of good conscience, et cetera, and a student of the media. What have what's your reaction been to the murder and the ensuing discussion. I know you've probably got a million things to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the oversimplified reaction I would give is, you know, just the assumption that, like I just don't even engage in the whole concept and the idea of you know, it's appropriate to slaughter people in the streets one individual because you don't like what a whole industry is doing. I mean, obviously it's the most insane, ridiculous, murderous, horrific way you would ever address any issue. And so, of course, I think I think, guys, I think a lot of what you're seeing out there is sort of like you've said in the past, you know, like you're frustrated at something, you're angry at something, and part of humor is the dark sort of stuff that you're not willing to say out loud. And I think a lot of what we're seeing online is probably that, you know, just the irreverent attempts at humor. But I mean, obviously this isn't the way to address the matter. I mean, we've created this government corporate alliance in healthcare that is just bullied the American people for really for sixty years, but most intensely for thirty years, and so you just have tremendous frustration out there, and a lot of people just don't even really understand where they should channel their frustration. So a lot of the frustration channeling, if you will, is falling along party lines, like everything else in our world. So some people blame the government, some people blame private equity and large corporations, and I'm here to tell you there's plenty of blame to go around.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The one thing that's frustrated is frustrated me. And maybe you've heard us hammer on it, is that all these people who howling about the greed of the healthcare companies, the insurance companies and all, they never mentioned the unholy nexus with governments and how Obamacare in particular just utterly perverted the industry.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's funny you bring that up. I was thinking of you know that the book that is cited. You know, he had words written on the bullets, and a lot of people jumped on the book Delay Defend, excuse me, Delay, Deny, Defend by Jay Seinman was the book. That book was written in twenty ten. So the reality is there, if there ever was a time when large insurance companies were financially economically motivated to deny claims systematically, that may have existed prior to twenty ten. Now there's a whole other economic argument that it's bad for the insurance industry if claims don't grow. They want claims to grow because that's how they charge more premium. But set that aside. If you accept the fact that, okay, before twenty ten, they wanted to deny claims right to keep more money. That all changed with Obamacare because, as a reminder for your listeners, Obamacare coming in the law in March of twenty ten, specifically said okay, now there's price controls. Now an insurance company may only keep fifteen percent more than claims. So what that means is when you add up all the medical claims in a given year, the insurance company is allowed to keep fifteen percent of that for its profit and overhead. So everything flipped with Obamacare. The whole incentive to keep costs down went away, and insurance companies very quickly realized in twenty ten, oh my god, we need claims to grow because that's the only way we can charge more premium. So it's funny that a lot of this is like you guys talk about when you hear the mainstream media talk about radio, it's way more wrong than it's right. Well, that's what's going on here is everybody's talking about this book that was written in twenty ten that spoke about a landscape that just doesn't even exist anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: And then in his manifesto he talked about how we have the worst life expectancy of any first world country or whatever. And then I heard that broken down yesterday on how there's a number of reasons why that's inaccurate. We count a life expectancy different than a lot of people that put out their data or around childhood deaths in the first year. We also are the only country on the list where people drive a lot, and we have a lot of deaths from automobiles, and then we have a certain segment of society that's constantly shooting each other.
Speaker 3: If you take all those out, our life expectancy is.
Speaker 5: Pretty good, and it's got nothing to do None of those things have anything to do with health insurance.
Speaker 3: No, you're exactly right, Jack, and deathly sentinel has nothing to do with the level of my deductibles, right, yeah, yeah, go ahead, Craig.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, no, I was just going to say, and then if there is I would just say, you know, being inside of the healthcare industry and understanding all of the various land mines in this world, if there's one thing we have gotten incredibly good at as a society, it's keeping people along who have acute conditions gunshot wounds, you know, heart attack, putting, stents in addressing strokes right away, or our healthcare system is amazing at addressing acute issues, we're horrible at addressing chronic conditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well I'd like to hear more about that. Maybe next segment. Can you give folks a three to four minute whatever you think is appropriate little primer for people are not hip to this, the relationship between government paid healthcare services and what they paid doctors and hospitals and stuff, and those of us with private insurance, and how Congress has handled the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this this started all the way back in the late nineties. It started It started with Clinton. Bush could kick the can down the road. Obama kicked the can down the road. Every president's guilty of this issue. But what happened starting in the nineties was medical inflation, like true inflation, what hospitals and doctors needed to treat you was going up faster than Medicare and Medicaid, which is you know, when we talk about government healthcare, it's overwhelmingly Medicare and Medicaid. Inflation was going up faster than Medicare and Medicaid could handle. So one of the ways that the government we're talking Congress, right, we're talking our legislature. One of the ways they would pass these massive boondog a law was to say, well, you know, the huge part of our budget that's killing us as Medicare and Medicaid. So what they would say is, well, we're going to start reducing what we pay on Medicare and Medicaid. We're gonna we're going to you know, reduce the increase or have no increase at all from Medicare and Medicaid, and that's how we're going to fund whatever pet project we're trying to fund in our district. And that started occurring in the nineties and it just kept getting kicked down the road all the way along to the point where Medicare and Medicaid payments have not kept up with true medical inflation. So what happens then is employer plans, what we call corporate plans. If for the roughly the third of us who are getting our healthcare at work, we have to pay many times three, four, five, six times what Medicare would pay for a certain claim to make up for the fact that the large hospital chains want a larger reimbursement for those medical claims. So there's been this insidious cost shift, the wink in a nod between Wall Street and K Street, the lobbyists, and of course Congress that has said, look, we'll keep the Medicare reimbursements artificially low at like one percent increase per year, and then that gives you the green light insurance industry to go ahead and charge seven, eight, nine, ten percent more every year to the private marketplace to pay for this health care, to the point now where you just have this ridiculous, absurd situation where employers are paying three to six times what they should be for healthcare because Medicare didn't keep up with the actual cost increases.
Speaker 3: And then Congress found a way to compel doctors and hospitals to see Medicare and Medicaid patients even though they were getting grossly underpaid for their services.
Speaker 6: Well compels. There's still there's no compel there. You can still actually find individual doctors that won't take Medicare and Medicaid. But it's still incredibly rare because there's this well A, it's the largest customer, the federal government is now the largest customer of every healthcare system. So I'm not sure there is a hospital out there that doesn't take Medicare and Medicaid. There are individual doctors that don't, but it's there's a there's a you can't live on the one third that are paying private rates. You still have to take that Medicare amount.
Speaker 5: That number that you just hit us with only a third of us or having the like traditional kind of we got our insurance through our company at work, only a third of.
Speaker 6: Us, Well I should, yeah, I should be more specific with that, Jackets. It's probably closer to forty percent. I'm falling back on the statistic that we've talked about on your show before, and that's the seventy percent of healthcare is now paid for by the taxpayers. Because when you when you add up Medicare and Medicaid VA, you know all of the community care programs, and then you even add up all of the federal and state workers, taxpayers pay about seventy percent. So about thirty percent of healthcare is paid for by private individuals, but probably more like forty percent are actually getting their healthcare at work. But you know, some of us work for cities and states and governments, et cetera. It's always way more complicated than you hear.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: One of the things one of the things we hit on. Hold, I want to hit this Joe real quick, if you don't mind, go ahead. Mentioned recently that we talked about was in this and I pulled the stat because I knew it blew your mind when we spoke about it privately. It's about one hundred million Americans. Roughly thirty percent of us are on a self funded health care plan, meaning the person paying the claims behind the scene is your employer, not the insurance company. They might be using United Healthcare as an example to administer the claims, to actually process the stuff, but the claims themselves. For roughly one third of Americans, thirty percent is actually paid for by your employer.
Speaker 5: Nobody knows.
Speaker 6: I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that till you told me, right right.
Speaker 6: People don't understand it at all.
Speaker 3: So you did turned down it.
Speaker 5: Oftentimes it's your company that you work for hiding behind with a healthcare company.
Speaker 3: Exactly right.
Speaker 6: And then how do you know, Well, if you work for an employer that has more than one thousand employees, you're almost certainly on a self funded health plan. Because people don't sure groups that large. Now, if you have an employer that's between five hundred and one thousand employees, it's probably fifty to fifty that you're on a self funded health plan. When work for a small employer, it is the insurance company. Anything under like two fifty, for sure, it's the insurance company almost always.
Speaker 7: You know, I'd love to.
Speaker 3: Chat a little bit about solutions. Can we take a quick break and come back and chat a little more? Craig, Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got one more question too, man, Why has it got to be so complicated? Or maybe being complicated is the point?
Speaker 7: Stay tuned the Armstrong and Getty show, yea or Jack or Joe podcasts and our hot links, the Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, the Armstrong and Getty show les.
Speaker 8: You know what's annoying me about this this kid who killed this CEO is none of these news programs are talking about the incredible lack of empathy from the general public about this because of how these insurance companies treat people when they are their most vulnerable. After we've all given them our money every month and now we finally need you, and all you do is deny us, and then these and all of these things are taking the pictures of their CEOs off their websites. You know, I got to be honest with you, Okay, I love that the CEOs are afraid right now.
Speaker 3: You should be.
Speaker 8: By and large, You're all a bunch of selfish, greedy pieces, and a lot of you are mass murderers.
Speaker 5: You just don't pull the trigger. Wow, that is that's Bill Burr, the comedian. That's some French Revolution stuff right there. I mean, that is society completely coming apart. And I don't want to get too off track on that, but because of our healthcare guest we have here, expert Craig Gottwols, I wanted to throw this out. I assume a lot of people like Bill Burr and the people who are cheering the death of the United Healthcare CEO are people who want government healthcare. They want a complete government takeover of health care and somehow believe that you won't have any deny or delay if the government is running healthcare.
Speaker 3: What's the history of government healthcare around the world.
Speaker 6: Well, as we've talked on your show before many times, it's horrific, right, I mean, there's a reason why you know, Canadians come here in droves when they have serious issues because they can actually get care if they have money. Here you know, there's a free market. Well there's at least the semblances of for free market and healthcare still here in America. So you have rationing of health care across the globe. Because anytime that you say, well, this should be a human right now, there can be no human right where I am dependent upon the labor of another. That's not a thing right. So all healthcare has to be rationed. It's either rationed by a waiting list Canada or UK, or it's rationed by money. I mean, that's just the reality of it all. What I would say, the misplaced anger out there, it shouldn't be at the specific insurers or whatever. It's the iron law bureaucracy at play here, gentlemen. I mean, you have just the larger these bureaucracies grow, whether they're public or private, they get less personal and they become more dedicated to only fostering their own survival. And that's exactly what we're seeing here in healthcare. We're seeing the iron law bureaucracy at the government level, the insurer level, and then of course them working together to enrich themselves as much as they possibly can. It's horrific. But you don't fix that by randomly slaughtering somebody in the streets. I mean, it's just insane.
Speaker 3: Can you do sixty seconds on what would be first steps to improve it? If you are going to advise Trump, say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as you just mentioned before, I made a housing difference in my career. My career is now housed somewhere else as of March of this year, and I'm now free to say even more than I did before. And the reality is, as a guy who installs large insurance plans, my best advice to everybody, individuals, employers, everybody buy as little insurance as you can. Really interesting, yes, yes, because you when you buy insurance, you're getting You're getting into a negotiation and buying a product from private equity, Wall Street and the government that has all been designed to ensure that it makes the most money. Great, I get it, we got to transfer risk for certain things. But if you're buying insurance, you want the highest deductible you can get. You want to self insure what you can because you're never going to win in that transaction in the long run.
Speaker 5: That is fascinating. That is not what I did on the most recent enrollment at the company.
Speaker 6: No, and it's it's it's especially at your company, I know, because you guys are housed at a large enough place. It's a self funded plan. I would again, I would buy the highest deductible I can get, and I would do the most I could myself. Now there's exceptance to that, right. If you have a child with special needs, you know you're going to spend a certain amount of a given year. Of course, buying the richer plan might be advancing. Yeah, I know, I think you are too, Jack, But as a general rule, I would just say to people, whether you're buying home insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, whether you're an employee buying interest by you, you're not going to win in a transaction.
Speaker 3: With Hey, Craig, I'm sorry to jump in. That's great stuff. If people want more on benefits insurance, how can they get a hold of you? Ten seconds?
Speaker 6: Gott Walls dot substack dot com is probably the fastest and easiest way to get me.
Speaker 3: And we'll have a link at Armstrong in getty dot com as well, so you can find it easily. Craig, got weals, Craig, Thanks a million. Great to talk to you, much more to come. Hope you can stick.
Speaker 2: Around Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: I've just become aware of Scott Jennings because he has been hiding from humanity on CNN. But I love the cut of his GiB. I love his act. He's calm, he smart, he's reasonable. I positive last hour that gen X would save the world, and I realized that somewhat self serving, as we are on the older end of gen X, but gen X known for kind of a cut the crap. Don't don't mess around with us, just give us the straight scoop feel not terribly ideological.
Speaker 5: I like you pitched us as not hippies, not uh not not hippies on the one end, not needing coloring books and puppies to deal with.
Speaker 3: Bad news on the other end. Right, just for goodness sakes, can we can we speak plainly to each other? Is kind of sort of and I've always mocked a generation thing, but it's kind of sort of the feel of gen X anyway. I love that with Scott Jennings, essentially, and this is my rallying cry today and probably for a long time. Cut the crap. Scott is saying, cut the crap. Obama deported lots and lots of people. You had nothing to say, so cut the crap. It's crap right, all right, thank you, And then you know I've got all I've got a million examples. You've got this stuff from the University of California, Davis, which is advising the federal government on how to be a woke ally for the Alphabet Soup crew, and they have stuff like, instead of saying someone was born a boy or a girl, try saying they were as signed male at birth. These terms recognize the difference between section gender and emphasize the way in which section gender are not binary or immutable. They can be chained. No, cut the crap. A man can't become a woman because he takes hormones. You start ovulating, call me back, all right, then I'll concede you're a woman. Cut the crap. Thought this was brilliant from Gerard Baker. I'm gonna hit you with some of it. He's an opinion writer for mostly the Journal, but Jack jump in anytime you want, obviously, and he talks about Trump's election is a bit of an emperor's new clothes moment for American maybe the rest of the West, to an overdue recognition and repudiation of the regime of oppressive insanity we've been subjected to for a decade or more. I think everybody's saying, yeah, man, well said, especially in Blue states, And you know, I'm gonna issue a battle cry towards the end of this. I understand you're working like, is it gonna sound like that? It's a lot like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you're working at the infamous Uh you see Davis or Berkeley in California and you're like, dude, I would love to fight against this stuff. But but but, and so it's always with the caveat of uh, do what you can. But I'll tell you this, I can practically guarantee no matter where you work, you live, you worship whatever, if you stand up to the crap and you say cut the crap, you're going to see a bunch of people, maybe a few, maybe a ton, are going to say, yeah, what he said. They're just waiting for someone to call the emperor on having no clothes. Anyway, did your our Baker's piece for a decade or more, even when Republicans have been nominally in control, we've been led by peddlers of a set of ideas that have clothed our institutions in the country in social and political doctrines, fake claims, and strictures that have inflicted untold harms. The fancy new items of invisible attire that our nation's rulers have made us wear for too long include these. The idea that people who have stolen into this country illegally should be showered with all the rights and benefits of citizens, that it is immoral to deny them those rights, and that they should instead be treated as victims of persecution and given sanctuary in our crowded and fiscally strained cities. Call bullless on that that's ridiculous. The idea that a nation that sits atop one of the greatest reservoirs of natural energy resources on Earth should forcibly restrain itself from exploiting them to save the planet on the basis of politicized science, while other countries are free to do much more damage to the global environment. That's a good Gavin cut the crap. That's a good one. At the risk of going off on this as I did last hour, meaningless effectless gestures in the face of all the other countries that are doing what they're doing. You know, if you were going to do some good, come to the table with that argument. Say, yeah, we got to risk damaging the economy, and poor people are going to stay poor, and inflation's going to rise because energy prices affect everything. But look that it's lowered emissions twenty percent globally, except it hasn't hasn't done anything, So cut the crap. Here's another good one, the idea that after a century and a half of progress in solving and soothing America's original sin of racism and making the country more equal, we are suddenly obliged to believe that America is as oppressive as it was in sixteen nineteen, and that the best way to write the past wrong of treating people based on the color of their skin is to treat people based on the color of their skin. God, I hope that's over. I really hope that's over. What we all hope for is those radicals just nasty people. Don't have the juice to end your career anymore because your management, your corporate godfathers are such cowards. They're not going to stand up to the crap. It's easier to fire you, and they'll say on the way out. You know, Jim, I'm really sorry about this. I mean, it's really unfortunate they don't have the balls to say because you said nothing wrong. But these people are so mad. I'm going to capitulate to them. But that's what they're thinking, stand up to it.
Speaker 5: I'm less optimistic on the illegal immigration part because I've been fooled before. But on the trans and anti racist and what was the other one I was going to include in that It'll come to me.
Speaker 3: But on a couple of those, is it possible? Oh, the climate change? Is it possible.
Speaker 5: We're on the other side of those, and we just all, unfortunately, those of us of a certain age, just lived through this really weird time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're things. People said, all kinds of crazy stuff and you had to.
Speaker 5: Go along with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we're at this stage of it where the troops are rallied. Were aware, we're fired up. But you got to remember the enemy is absolutely running our nation's educational complex right now and our media and entertainment. But education is the most insidious part because they're indoctrinating our kids. So yeah, the battle has just begun. Here's another great one, another one of these insane ideas that we've been forced to pretend are not idiotic, The idea that children should, without parental consultation or consent, be free to choose their gender, be assisted by the state in committing acts of self mutilation to do so, and all on the understanding that we have repealed millennia of science and just discovered there's no such thing as biological sex. Bull ass. Cut the crap.
Speaker 5: I think that one is the biggest anchor around Gavin Newsom's neck. If he tries to run for president, How's he gonna How's he gonna deal with that.
Speaker 3: Expiring experimenting on in mutilating children because they're momentarily confused and I have adolescence, and Gavin signed in law the idea that the schools can keep it a secret from you, so that in fact they must, How does how does he deal with that? I want that's one of the reasons I want him to run. I want him to be beaten like a drum for these reasons, because it's important to defeat this crap. There's a little more more of the Emperor's new clothes, that people have just been walking around silently pretending they didn't notice or too afraid to resist the idea that democracy and freedom are best protected by denying people the right to express certain views that the authorities deem misinformation and by weaponi using the law against political opponents lest they weaponize the law for political purposes. That's a good one. They're actually democrats out right now saying, hey, you know, weaponizing law against candidates is probably a bad strategy, admitting that that was the strategy. So ambitious elites in business and civil society went along with these fictions. Politicians on all sides, including Republicans, declined to dissent for fear of being called out. And here's where Gerard Baker gives Trump a fair amount of credit. It took a man with some of the instincts of a child, a political angenoux newcomer, lacking the sophistication to participate in the sham, to call the whole thing out for what it was. And then he makes it clear that he's not like totally in on Trump and his plans and his policies and the rest of it. But for God's sake, we needed to call bulls on the bulls. But here's what I'm optimistic about. He says, four years from now, there's a good chance that the nonsense we have had to endure will be buried, that important things will become normal again. It will have become normal to tell people they have who have no right to be here, that they must leave. That In the process, people around the world will have been made to understand that they don't have an automatic right to live in the freest, most prosperous country on earth. Then he goes on the children. You know, I'm going to hit this because it's one of my jihods. It will have become normal again for children to be helped to respond to the inevitable strains and traumas of growing up, not by having their genitals cut out, but by receiving loving guidance, guidance and care from family and society. Got the crab. I hope that's true. I hope that's true. I think it's true. So yeah, but I give you it's going to be longer and harder battle than four years.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: The university system and their influence on the elementary education system and secondary It's going to be a long, hard fight, but I'm up for it. Are you?
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gerty Armstrong and Getty Showy, Chris Ruffo, you know him, you love him with a great piece.
Speaker 3: Why Boeing killed Dei and the lead is the important part of reckoning is underway in corporate America. You remember, after the death of George Floyd in twenty twenty, likely every fortune five hundred company launched a diversity, equity and inclusion program with very serious faces as they were running terrified from the Marxists who claimed racial justice was their motivation. But now four short years later, many companies are quietly acknowledging the failure of these initiatives, in some cases winding them down. And Rufo has been writing about Dei at Boeing for a while. He's got an inside source, well placed, high up, that described it this way quote, I thought this was really good. DEI is the you put in the bucket and the whole bucket changes. It is anti excellence, and because it is ill defined, it becomes part of the culture.
Speaker 5: That is some of the most evocative phrasing I've ever heard. Yeah, the drop you put in the bucket, and it changes the whole bucket. That's interesting, folks.
Speaker 3: You've become aware that the whole woke thing, DEI anti racism thing, you can't win. It's a constantly moving target. If you say you're not a racist, you're a racist. And if you say you're a racist, you're a racist. But either way you shut up. We're in charge. There's no way to win against the woke people. That's not part of it. They're not talking to you to come to an understanding. They're talking to you to rule you. And more people are understanding that. And in the context of Boeing, obviously you know the doors are falling off your planes for instance. Yeah, earlier this month, Bowing installed new CEO Kelly Ortberg, quietly dismantled the DEI department and accept the resignation of the office's vice president. So Rufo reached out to the same insider to get insight onto what happened and how it happened. And he says, tell us what happened with DEI. It went from dominant to extinct in a very short period of time. The insider says, we're shifting from a company whose culture is simply the average of corporate America to a distinct and deliberate vision of leadership. The new boss wants Boeing focused on being an airplane company with our own culture and vision. The resulting cash crunch from the crunch from the strike accelerated this culture shift. When you start to focus on delivering value instead of preserving status, it becomes obvious what drives value and it's not DI. And then he gets into He asked my senses that many executives are not genuinely committed to DEI as an ideology. They simply want to build airplanes or create software, for instance, but they feel social pressure to maintain these departments. Is that true at Boeing? So when did the calculus change? And the answer is DEI is lazy thought. Leadership best practiced by companies in smooth waters with margins large enough to afford the associated inefficiency. That isn't Boeing today. When the new boss prioritized results over fitting in with other CEOs, it sends a strong signal to the culture and builds trust because employees know the rules and it's clear how to succeed through hard work and results. McKinsey's at the consulting group now debunked. Analysis was the standard driver in corporate boardrooms. But even if DEI has to defend itself on purely logical grounds, it doesn't stand up going More than anything needs an aligned workforce focused on building airplanes. And it's an easy decision to reject the divisive and US centric language of DEI in favor of unified vision for a diverse global company. Anyway, I thought that that was really good just as a description of how it works.
Speaker 5: And DEI could go away under a Trump administration which won't be working to push that on corporate America, Whereas if the Kamala Harris administration, there would have been so much pressure on all these companies to continue that or added if they hadn't already.
Speaker 3: Right, And it's a bludgeon again, it's not about racial justice or any of the things that claims to be about. Like in Jacks scenario, which is a good one, the Harris administration wanted Boeing to suddenly, you know, unionize its last three facilities or something like that. Well, then they can hammer them with DEI stuff or through their DEI executives and get them on their knees begging for mercy because they were being accused of racism. It's the old Jesse Jackson operation push blackmail scam. You don't want racial justice, you want something else, but you use claims of racial injustice to get there. It's the race hustler thing. Anyway, I thought this was good too. From the National Review, Lathan Watts. DEI is a corporate bust, and he starts about the He starts with the wild overreaction to the death of George Floyd and how all the corporations were terrified, and how Robbie Starbuck, the filmmaker, has been using sunlight as the best disinfectant, and he's brought failed policies that are legally questionable and highly unpopular with consumers to the attention the general public and the shareholders of these corporations. As a result, some of the best known brands in the country have hastily canceled their DEI programs and cut ties with the far left Human Rights Campaign, which pressures companies to do things like cover sex hormones and puberty blockers for miners. Wow, monstrous Nazi like experiments on children. Has to cover that stuff and their insurance plan wow yeah yeah, And I thought this was interesting. Unwilling to let the practical failure of a policy distract from the political fervor, forty nine members of Congress, keeping in mind their four hundred and thirty five of these geeks, spurred on signed an open letter to Fortune one thousand businesses demanding that they doubled down on DEI. But these companies have recently received two more open letters encouraging them to hold the line in favor of healthy ROI return on investment or feeble DEI ideology. I like that slogan OREI, not DEI for the companies I want to invest in. I love that the second of those two letters came from seventeen state treasurers and other financial officials, state of financial officials who are responsible for the gigantic state investment vehicles that hold billions of dollars in ownership positions in these companies for their retirees and that sort of thing. And unlike the partisan gamesmanship paraphrasing the piece of the National Review here where the forty nine Congress geeks liberal CULTI jackasses are saying you've got to double down on DII, these people are saying, hey, we don't have the luxury of you and your virtue signaling crap. Run your company for efficiency, please not to please AOC. And so it's good to see you. Remember it was what a year ago I started saying. And all DEI programs now wherever they exist, and it's happening in spades. Hurrah, hurrah, better for black people, better for white and Hispanic people. People, in short, go get them awesome. The Tide Shirt turned on that whole thing fast. Yeah, although it is still monstrous in academia, media, Hollywood, and government in government itself, friends, which is why I am always saying, this is just the end of the beginning.
Speaker 5: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 5: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand.