Speaker 1: Wow, what's up everybody. Welcome to a brand new thing. This is the NFL Fantasy Football cheat Sheets. Look, it is sort of everything you need to know and probably some things you don't in space about twenty five minutes or so. I am Marcus Grant case you didn't know that, joined by Michael lef Florio and Lakwan Jones. It is a chance for us to sort of hit some of the things that maybe we missed during the podcast, maybe get you updated on some of the latest news and headlines across the NFL and the fantasy space. Talk about some things maybe a little bit off a beaten track, but more importantly, we want this to be a space where we can interact with you all. So jump into the chats, put your questions, put your comments. We want to sort of talk with you. It's not a thing that we get to do on the podcast. It's not a thing that we get to do on NFL Fantasy Live. So this is sort of your space to be with us and sort of sort of hang out with us. You know, we got a few folks in the chat already at Roman LG. Blake. We appreciate you hanging out with us. Guys, let's start with the thing that I said this in slack yesterday before we recorded the podcast. I said, it's gonna be fun when Calvin Ridley signs literally ten minutes after we finished recording the podcast. Did that was wrong? It was fifteen minutes after we finished the podcast. But Calvin Ridley does sign a four year, ninety two million dollars deal with the Tennessee Titans Florida. Your sponsor was, was that's gross? Would you care to would you care to elaborate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys know I'm I'm a big Calvin Ridley supporter and I've been defending the guy like and I'll give a shout out to friend of the show Matt Harmon, who did a really good write up on reception perception about the way Calvin Ridley was being utilized. And I'm not gonna say I watched him as closely as Matt did there, but watching him all year long because coming into last season, Calvin Ridley was my guy.
Speaker 1: I had him on a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of fantasy teams, so obviously I paid extra close attention to him. It was a weekly battle of like, is he going to make a miraculous touchdown catch? Is he going to catch a really long one, and the quarterback play wasn't didn't take the next step like I had anticipated. But I still think maybe irestated Calvin Ridley a bit last year, but I still think he can play. But now I don't love this situation for him. Like I'm happy he got paid. He deserves it all. But Will Levis, look, we know he has a strong arm, but he's unproven. It felt like last year every pass was either behind the line of scrimmage or forty yards downfield. I think it's fair to say it's a quarterback downgrade. First time head coach who is also a first time play caller, did not call plays in Cincinnati. DeAndre Hopkins is there to still compete for targets. So I kind of think Calvin Ridley is going to be what he was last year, which is like an inconsistent wide receiver. Two will have some big weeks and they'll have some really down weeks, and it won't be his fault. It'll be kind of because I don't trust this offense nearly as much.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. I think there's some some ups and downs here, right I think having DeAndre Hopkins is going to be a benefit for him because we saw how well he played last year. You know, when day Jones was healthy, when Christian Kirk was was there on the field, right, Remember there was that week that that stretched like a month. We're like, Jay Jones is helping Calvin Ridley, you know, go off. So I think I think having Nuke there takes a lot of the pressure off of him. We'll see, you know, if Treylon Burks finally starts to develop into this AJ Bred you know, the AJ Brown lights, you know, the guy that got rid of AJ Brown, if he can start to develop a little bit more. I also think this is an offense that's going to be drastically different than the Titans offenses we've seen in the past, right before everything was built around Derrick Henry and running the football. The moves Tennessee has made this offseason suggests to me they want to throw the football more. New head coach. You mentioned, new play caller. The fact that they go out and they get Tony Pollard. In fantasy terms, that's a wash because it's going to I think confuse us and frustrate us with TJ. Spears, But it does show that I think they want to involve the running backs in the passing game more. They just want to throw the ball more. So maybe in the end, the numbers looked the same. Maybe. I guess that's the frustrating part. I guess we wanted better for Calvin Ridley, but I also don't see a major step back.
Speaker 3: Let me let me jump in real quick a little bit of how he was kind of misused over there in Jacksonville. I mean I went back last night and kind of wanted to see, like what exactly went wrong, And I looked at his targets. Seventy one percent of his targets were outside the numbers, and that's not how he was utilized in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a large chunk.
Speaker 3: He led the league with the most with the highest percentage, you know, from outside the numbers and Trevor Lawrence so on. He completed fifty three percent of his passes outside the numbers to Kevin Ridley, which was the lowest on the team of notable wide receivers. Obviously, so he struggled a lot to try to get him going. And from seeing that high number, he was more of a balanced guy playing in the seam and outside the numbers. When you get that good balance between him, you utilize them properly, He's able to open some things up and actually produce some fantasy points and produce some you know, real life yards and stuff. So I really feel like, you know, we look back at twenty nineteen, he played a perfect balance from playing in the scene, playing outside. They were getting involved all around. He even played in the slot a couple of plays. Like he was getting involved all around, you know, on the offense. So being that, you know, you got a guy like Brian Callahan. Florial mentioned he's a first time play carler, but he's also a Zach Taylor guy, and Zach Taylor is a basically a Vey family tree. So I really feel as though, you know, Ryan camllahan needs to bring some type of Zach Taylor presents to his offense because you mentioned before with the running backs, you know they're bringing in Tony Poler. It will be a fantasy headache, you know, him and Tod J. Spears, but they're making the right moves in the right direction to try to put weapons around Will Levis. I know, we saw the little game where he had four touchdowns and we're like, yeah, we're on a big arm but then it kind of fell off. But I will say, you know, they're they're putting the right pieces around him, and hopefully, you know, Calvin Ridley is more used how Jamar Chase is used over in Cincinnati. If Brian kelly and is going to bring anything you know, over from Zach Taylor's system, you know, Jamar Chase is a guy that's balanced in the scene outside the numbers that we look at the next gen sets. So hopefully Calvin Ridley can go over there and be utilized properly.
Speaker 1: All right, So then that being said, Calvin Ridley wide receiver three, yes.
Speaker 3: Because right now where he's he at, he's like his ADP's at wide receiver thirty five. I mean, I'm not mad at but surprisingly enough, Christian Kirk is at thirty six underdog right now, which is a little funny, but I'm probably gonna take Christian Kirk.
Speaker 1: Just being in the star goes that goes up now that we know Kelvin is gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to, man, because we know Christian Kirk is the wide receiver one, right, Like, can.
Speaker 4: We just put that out there? He's the wide receiver one for the Jacks.
Speaker 3: I don't care who the Yeah, I mean, my dude had over one hundred and forty targets.
Speaker 4: That was insane. Like that's not talked about enough.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, so I think that's sort of I mean, I guess we kind of wait to see, right what the Tennessee offense is, how productive it's going to be. Yeah, it's probably not gonna be as as dynamic as what they had in Jacksonville this past year. But I think, you know, I think the other thing that works for Calvin Ridley is there's a little bit less target competition a lot of us. They're what he had in Jacksonville when everybody was healthy, you know, I mean you had Kirk and you had Jones and you had Evan Ingram. I mean there were a lot more mouths to feed there. Yeah, this passing game is it's it's nuke and it's Ridley. I guess Tony Pollard sprinkled in there. Spirit. That's it.
Speaker 2: The touch on lq's point from earlier like Jacksonville, not only it was all outside the numbers, like it was a lot of like curls and a lot of difficult routes to win. And he was at his best when he was opposite of Julio Jones, and they were able to kind of switch from the X to the Y and and I think that's Calvin really will be used a little bit more like a chess piece, whereas last year he was kind of tethered to one spot and the hardest spot on the field where he was often opposite of other teams, opposing number one corner. So I do think this could be a good thing for Calvin. Really, I just think it's gonna be very similar to what it was last season, where it'll be for a different reason, probably not because of the way he's used, but because of the quarterback play. But I think it'll still be a little inconsistent week to week. But I mean, if will Levis proves us wrong, and he has the tools to do so, if you're gonna put it all together.
Speaker 3: That's why I said he has, you have the tools to move forward and take the step forward and actually produce something consistently each week. You know, because it fell off a cliff out there after that game that he blew up like it.
Speaker 1: Was and also you know, it also helped that Nuke shoved off a couple of times and got himself open for a couple of those those touchdowns, but you know we won't talk about that. A cover of comments and the chat and please jump in. You got comments, you got questions. We want to interact with you here on this show. A two square at Saint Stroud Times, Barkley Times London a nucleus for a deep run. Logistics are putting that team together, right, I mean, because that means what saquon first round, Drake London back on the turn and then just a little bit later that's doable and that's doable. Yeah, that's the Grayson Red saying Mac Jones. If mac Jones is starting games for the Jaguars, things have gone poorly. Trevor Lawrence is either injured or something has gone really really bad.
Speaker 4: It's just not working out.
Speaker 1: Things are not going well for the Jags. If mac Jones is on the field consistently this year.
Speaker 2: If Justin Fields doesn't start this year, Trevor Lawrence is the last one ending of that draft class that got so.
Speaker 1: Hyped up, which is very possible. I mean as of this moment, with Justin Field's not having you know, found a landing spot, or the Bears, I guess not having found a trading partner for Justin Fields. Uh, there's a very good chance that he will not be a starter in twenty twenty four. Wow Roman wants to know what the Cowboys are doing. Miami's a big fat pilot nothing. They're not doing anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they say, one fan.
Speaker 2: From from going to buy some stuff from Walt to White and Jesse Pigman and making a terribleness.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys got to do something though.
Speaker 4: Man, it's getting bad.
Speaker 1: It's well and I think what has made it worse for the Cowboys was Jerry Jones talking about we're going all in and they have done all of nothing so far, right. I mean, yeah, you know, people thinking they needed a wide receiver or running back, right, they move on from Tony Pollard, but they're not in on Derrick Henry or sa Quan or Echler, any of these wine running backs that were there. You know, some talk that maybe they could use a wide receiver. I mean, they don't really get in on Calvin Ridley. Mike Williams is out there, but there doesn't seem to be any real movement there. They can't even really get something going with Dak Prescott right now, right like they're trying to work on an extension with DAK and there doesn't seem to be a lot of movement there, so, you know, I think I think if Jerry had come out and said we're going to be cautious and we're going to take our time, I think people would have been like, Okay, we get it. But he's like, we're all in, you know. And then the Texans are making big moves, the Bucks are doing big things. I mean a lot of teams are making big moves, and that the Cowboys are just kind of hanging out.
Speaker 3: They're on vacation. Man, they're on vacation. They probably think it starts next week. That's why.
Speaker 2: Look, I know, I know there's like Alice Cowboys, so we but this is I'm not upset with this because I don't care about the Cowboys wins or losses. I care about fantasy when it comes to this league. And this is like, this is a good thing for Ceedee Lamb, this is a good thing for like Jake Fergus, Like nothing has shanged outside of them losing Tony Pollard.
Speaker 1: Nothing has changed so often, I mean, I guess, but now they become a little bit more one dimensional, right, I mean, unless there's somebody. Maybe they got in draft a running back right, Well, we sort of talked about Jonathan Brooks in the past. That seems like a Jerry move. Get a guy from Texas, even though he's coming off a knee injury. That feels like a Jerry Jones type move. Like they'll take him. They'll take him like one round two early also, and they'll pair him with Zeke and that'll the return to Zeke. Let's go, man, after all your failures, where did that bring you? Like that to me, that's what it was gonna be. So many, so many fanos memes.
Speaker 3: If Zeke has back to Dallas Point, it's going to flood the timeline.
Speaker 1: Yo. Box OC wants to know thoughts on Atlanta next year. Your feelings on the Falcons. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's basically, you know, the Southern Rams, East Coast Rams.
Speaker 4: I like him that they're building over there.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously this is going to be the year that we get the Drake London you know, breakout, and.
Speaker 1: We're also all on board. We're all on board.
Speaker 3: The Kyle Pitts spaceship going to the Moon this year because I'm finally in. I got my ticket, Like I feel good about this offense. You know, Kirk coming in and he's going to be able to make these guys, you know, just elevate their game. I mean, we know Kirk is a scorer man. You know, he has touchdowns in his bag.
Speaker 1: Playoffs whatever, you know what a playoffs. But when it cut to.
Speaker 2: Kirko, they are running that division this year, they locket, you know, I mean I think they can.
Speaker 1: I mean they were on the brink of it last year. Yeah, they were. I think they absolutely can win the division. They were quarterback away. I mean, look, in the past, the defense had been a liability in Atlanta. Last year, the defense sort of kept them afloat and a lot of ens while their offense was trying to figure some things out. So as long as that defense doesn't take a major step back, you know, Kirk Cousins is a huge upgrade over what they've had the last few years. He's the best thing they've had since Matt Ryan retired. They absolutely can can win that division. Whether they win a game of the playoffs, who knows, because you know that's that's sort of Kirks and kryptonite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not his bag.
Speaker 2: He has one playoff career win, I believe, and has made more money than Tom Brady, which I mean.
Speaker 1: I say it all the time.
Speaker 2: He is the greatest of all time at Goltate, the greatest.
Speaker 1: For fantasy.
Speaker 2: He's going to be a QB two and and Ken finished as a QB one though, So he's someone like you compare with an upside quarterback, maybe like Anthony Richardson. If you take him as your QB one, you get a safety option in like Kirk Cousins. But yeah, I think Drake London has wide receiver one up so top five ups I think all three of their big skill position players has the upside to finish top five at their position.
Speaker 3: I'm on that boats too, because I forgot Bjeon how good he's going to be this season as well. Like man, we finally get to see Bjeon unlocked because I was on that train last year. But you know Arthur Smith, you know he had different plans for everybody.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean at this point, Kirk is who Kirk is, right, And I don't think anybody says Kirk Cousins going to Atlanta suddenly is going to make him, you know, a top ten, top eight fantasy quarterback. I think, Uh, but what we were excited about is what he means for everybody else in that offense. Yeah, that's all it is. I mean, Kirk is who Kirk is. Nothing's changing there. Uh, just we just we just like the fact that he hopefully unlocks all the skill position guys, Kirk chains. Yeah, Josiah wants to know. Do y'all think that Devontae Adams has any chance of going to the Jets. I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 4: No, treasurer.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So here's the other question, better, what what's Look. I don't think it's going to happen. I think when he likes Vegas, I mean I think he's made the move to Vegas. I think he's gotten comfortable there, and I think he sort of wants to help the Raiders win. And I don't see the Raiders moving on from him after they are trying to rebuild and chase down the Chiefs. My real question is what has a greater likelihood of happening Aaron Rodgers finishes as the the QB one where Aaron Rodgers is the next Vice President of the United States of America.
Speaker 5: I mean QB one chance, let's go. He's a fact that you cannot.
Speaker 2: Be the QB one unless he put up some sort of at least, you know, you either need to go completely video game efficiency as a passer, or you need to be able to do something with your legs. He wasn't running before he tore his acutees.
Speaker 1: True, and I don't know that he's got to. I mean, look, maybe he does have another forty touchdown season in there somewhere. I don't I don't see that, especially not with Breeze Hall. They're gonna run the ball with Breese too.
Speaker 2: Gary Jarson will catch. Let's give him fifteen as a big number. If he's gonna where are the other twenty five going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. I mean, who knows. Maybe they maybe they get it on Mike Williams and they bring Mike Williams.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I would love that, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Mark Marquise Brown is still out there unless something has happened to couple minutes that I missed. But you know, there's still no news yet, there's still some options out there. Dominic asks regarding this heightens backfield, what are your opinions on Spears versus Pollard in fantasy? I think we touched on this on the pod, which, by the way, the pod is out, go check it out. It is a little bit beef here. It's a little over an hour because there were so many things that happened. But I feel like our breakdown was like, they're gonna they're so similar that they're gonna probably take away from Hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to cancel each other out, man, because they're both a similar type back where they both can catch passes, they both can run between the tackles. I just feel like it's going to be a complete headache, and like if you take either one, you just have to have your expectations in mind.
Speaker 4: I mean both are RB three's in my mind.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people with champion Tony Polter with his time in Dallas to be an RB two, But I just don't like the situation.
Speaker 4: Man, They're going to be eating off each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the TLDR of it. But go check out the pod. It is out now. You know iTunes, Spotify, iHeart, wherever you download fine podcasts. You can also that those spots there. It will be a little bit more about that. Christopher says. The Steelers trip of the only winning quarterback. I mean sure, if that's how you want to look at Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Week it's like, oh, they're giving up on Kenny Pickett. It's like, nah, they gave up on Kenny Pickett when they started Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 1: Over him in the place. Yeah, yeah, that sailed.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, man, He's a Jersey guy, so I can't I can't get on him too much.
Speaker 4: But Kenny Pickett, man.
Speaker 1: It's Mags California guy. Dude's a little bit of a loon like's.
Speaker 4: I mean, not too much on Kenny.
Speaker 1: When he found out when he found out about the VP rumors, he was off in an Ayahuasca retreat, like Aaron Rodgers is a little bit different man like in California. I'm from California. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure this is a cannon event for the Jets of where it's going to be a complete circus the rest of this rest of his off season, because what is going on.
Speaker 2: To take us off subject but something that's.
Speaker 1: What the show is taking a lot of that.
Speaker 2: I was against Kenny Pickett when he was a prospect. I've never been a picket guy, and so much of my reasoning was he was bad for four years of college and they good in the fifth year. Does that concern you for guys like Bo Nicks and Michael Pennix junior, who it took a little bit of time in.
Speaker 1: College for them to really become what they are now. Yeah, it totally does.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which actually sort of gets that crazy Hans. His question was about the upcoming draft class and thoughts about some players. No, it absolutely does. I think more so for Knicks than for Pinnis. I feel like Pinnis showed some things. It's for him, it's the injury history and it's the age. For Knicks, it's the age. I mean, people were calling him Stetson Bennett light because he's been around for a while and the fact that, look, he he took a big step forward in Oregon versus Auburn. But it's an offense that sort of had fewer demands on him. There was a lot of screens, a lot of screens like I want to get rid of the ball quickly. He had a lot of athletic receivers and he let them do their thing. And that's not a terrible thing, Like that's not a total indictment on him, but I think it also means that he's going to have to, you know, a little bit more handholding for lack of a better term, once he gets to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a lot was asked from him, and so you can't really even like really know. I mean, that does worry me.
Speaker 2: Though it's a similar thing with someone like Xavier Legett. I know, it's a different position wide receiver. He's testing amazingly athletically, but like the first you look at his first four years of college and you're like, what happened? And then that fifth year he just exploded.
Speaker 4: Exploding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no for real. So are there guys go back to Hans's question, are there any guys out there you think can be studs regardless of landing spot? And my first thought is those those top three wide receivers, MHJ, Neighbors, Padounza, wherever they go, I think they're gonna be stus. I'd say that about Brock Bowers too.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, we can say that about Bower unless he ends up in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. That was a little fun around yesterday. The tweet that that went out yesterday from Maria Martin saying former Falcons head coach new Steelers O C. Arthur Smith is here at Uga Prode and talking to brock Bowers at the moment, and all of fantasy Twitter rose up as one to shout, no, you stay away, You stay away from our brock Bowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little toxic behavior by Arthur because it's probably like, oh, yeah, he's the top prospect I end. Oh yeah, we're gonna go watch him. I'm gonna get a rise out of fantasy community.
Speaker 1: We all had PTSD, hits, TSD is what we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other college player, I don't care where he ends up. I'm going to be interested for fantasy purposes. Is Jaden Daniels. Like, as long as he is playing and starting, h he he's going to run and that will like will he hold up? Could he have an antony?
Speaker 1: Yes? I need for whatever city, whatever team that drafts him, I need him to go find the local Major League Baseball team and slide and just have sliding practice. Right. If it's if it's if it's Washington, if it's the Commanders, like, go hang out with the natsuh. If it's if it's the Patriots that draft him, go spend some time at Finway. I just need you to learn how to slide because I saw too many memes of like Sonic the Hedgehog getting hit and having all his rings fly out in association with Jade and Daniels highlights. Yeah, he does make some plays. He also took some wicked, wicked hits.
Speaker 2: Yes, though is you're not gonna have to draft him as your starter, so you try to get him as your backup quarterback more than likely, and it's just free upside at that point in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I just seen a move that has happened. Shout out to Hans because I wasn't looking at the tweet deck at the moment, But Moore going to Atlanta in exchange for Desmond Ritter. So your Falcons wide receiving corps is Frake London Rondale Moore, who I don't know, never really materialized in uh Arizona the way I wanted him to, the way I thought he would u And then who's their third option? What like Darnell Mooney? That's right, they signed Mooneyrake, So you got so? Yeah? Yeah, you got wow? So you London Mooney? More hits, Bijon. They are loading up. I mean, I don't know. I don't know how much of an impact Rondale Moore makes, but they've got some dudes they can run out on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll be a tool. He'll be a tool. He'll definitely be involved.
Speaker 2: I could see it better real life piece than fantasy. I don't see him being very fantasy really, but he'll be the lead slock eye. You have Darnal Mooney outside of opposite of Drake London to stretch the field. I think they're building, like I keep comparing it to Minnesota because that's what we've been seeing Kirk do for so long. Since koc comes from a similar background as Zach Robinson, so there are similarities there.
Speaker 1: London.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying London is is Jefferson, and Pitts is Hockinson, and Mooney is Addison and now Rondell I guess could be like kJ Osborne ish, but like, there's a lot of similarities.
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to make it comfortable for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. Before we get out of here, Ross asked about Gabe Davis playing in Jacksonville. We were all sort of on it, but go check the pod because we did get it. The Gardil king is Beck. We got in depth on it on the podcast and go check that out. We dive into that, and then Lalo says, hi from Mexico or l Lalo as I missed NFL Mexico. What does maybe we reach out to get Mauricio Gutierras, Oh, we should, if not on this show, then on the pod. Maurice she was always great, a lot of energy, fun to talk to, knows this stuff. Also is a huge Star Wars guy, so we can like dive into I don't know, I don't know if I've talked to him since uh you know, any of the the new Star Wars stuff has come out, like you know what his thoughts are. We're on Ahsoka or anything like that. So we get more the long drought of Star Wars content. Ever, I know we need more and or like and or got pushed back and I'm not thrilled about it. So to sort to fill the gap, I'm gonna go see Dune too this afternoon. I'm gonna go. I'm wanna go see it in Imax before it's out of Imax. So there it is, uh yeah, yeah, And the links in the in the chat there shout out. I don't know if that was Nolan or Kyrie or whomever it was, but appreciate it. Listen to the latest Fantasy pod here. The link is there. Go check it out, uh and do that. We'll be back with you next week for the pod. Back with you next Thursday for this again. This was fun, guys.
Speaker 4: We got to do this all the time, new show, New Heat.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and we appreciate you all jumping into the chat and participating because that is what we want this to be. We want this to be interactive. It's a chance for us to sort of connect with you guys. And I was for to talk about some weird stuff as well, so not to do it for the inaugural edition of the NFL Fantasy cheat Sheet. We appreciate you hanging out. We'll talk to you in real soon. Take care of y'all.