Speaker 1: So it's on the side. What's up.
Speaker 2: It's Gandhi and we're gonna do a mini SOD because I just want to be consistent and release as many episodes throughout the year as I can. We're wrapping it up soon and next year could look totally different. Still podcasting, but we never know.
Speaker 1: You never know what's going to happen. That's Diamond contributing quite a lot.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about So today, by the way, it is when you hear this, it will be the seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Maybe eighteen eighteenth eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Today as we record it is December thirteenth, Friday the thirteenth, which is jingle Ball Day and my birthday. And we were interviewing Mark Summers today and then we talked about like what a great interview he is because he's one of those people who clearly knows how to do an interview. He doesn't just one word it. He does the yes and and gives you a full sentence and kind of leaves things open.
Speaker 1: So timond if we could work on that, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I'm always like yes, no, don't like that, or mm hmm great, wow, yeah, which is funny because you have so much to say, just in general, you always have something to say until there's a microphone in front of your face and then you're like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, like okay, don't want this to live forever.
Speaker 2: So I hear tonight at jingle Ball, which is now in the past. When you're listening, you have kind of some new responsibilities today because you're taking over for a person who's not going to be backstage.
Speaker 1: It's typically backstage.
Speaker 3: Yes, and she's very nervous about.
Speaker 1: It, but yolo, she's nervous or you're nervous.
Speaker 4: Me Okay, Hi, I'm very No, I'm not very nervous. But this will be the first time that I'm doing this by myself.
Speaker 3: I've done it before with people.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I'm also working with you and Danielle, so I'm very excited about that. And luckily it's not like when I had to do it before. I was working with people from a show that I didn't know, and so luckily there was somebody else there with me.
Speaker 3: But I'm comfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay. What is it that makes you the most nervous about this though, the.
Speaker 4: Fact that you could prep as much as you want, but when the mics. Come on, anything could come out of anyone's mouth at any time. And okay, okay, you and Danielle are lunatics. So I mean, this has happened to me before where I've said, uh, Danielle know, this is what you say and this is.
Speaker 3: What you don't say.
Speaker 4: And she mixed it up and said something that she remember what it was, no, okay, something about an artist and she said it to the artist and then she goes, oh, yeah, that's right. Diamond told me not to say that, and like and so yeah, people were looking at me and I was like, yeah, well, at least you know that I told her not to say exactly anywhere.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, so you can they do so much.
Speaker 2: And then you know, this is when I say all the time, if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with me, I promise you. For the most part, it's probably not with somebody who was around me because I usually don't listen to them. But they can also only control you so much, which is really not at all. You cannot control people and what comes out of their mouth. And when you have quote unquote talent who has done this for a very long time, and we have a microphone, and we know it's live.
Speaker 1: You can't control what happens. You can do your best, and that's it.
Speaker 4: Also, I think i've ever worked with Elvis by myself. Either he's good about that stuff. He's really good about that stuff. Maybe I not by myself, but clearly i've worked with him. But yeah, but he's also another person who like, you never got a mood?
Speaker 3: Ooh, babes, what the what is it? It's a piece of paper with words on it.
Speaker 2: There have been moments where and I will say this, you know, there's the whole. You either die hero, you live long enough to become the villain. When I was a little baby DJ just starting out, I used to see things and be like, oh my god, why are they acting that way? I don't understand what the big deal is. And now I am in my villain era and I'm like, oh, I see, yeah, you get it. I see where it comes from. I see what happened. When we are at an event and it is our event. We are the talent on stage, backstage, on the air, off the air.
Speaker 1: And you try to kick me out of a room. Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'll go home right fucking now.
Speaker 3: It's the Can we talk about that?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Watching the temper tantrums of you all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably the most entertaining thing I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, Like when Danielle gets mad, you know, and then she's like.
Speaker 3: It's Danielle like that. You are very like.
Speaker 4: Kind of like the author me are Arthur Memes, and you're like, damn it.
Speaker 2: I think think if Danielle has not even a temper tantra, but when she feels a certain kind of way, I think it's more shocking because she's so happy and like easy and just all like, yeah, everything's good, everything's amazing.
Speaker 1: So she gets upset.
Speaker 3: It's noticeable.
Speaker 2: That is why you have to be like me, which isn't a constant state of keeping people on their toes. Like you never know what's gonna happen. So when I do have a little outburst, people are like, yeah, that tracks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want anyway.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny, but nobody is funnier than Elvis.
Speaker 2: Elvis is the best. And I can't even tell you some of the stuff he's done because I know he does. He wouldn't even want to, but I'll just say this, every time I have seen it happen.
Speaker 1: But for once, I was like, you earned that.
Speaker 2: You pushed a nice guy a little too far in a stressful situation, and.
Speaker 1: He flipped a table.
Speaker 3: Okay, ten out of ten, ten out of ten. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'll just stand there like looking back and forth, like watching a tennis match. I'm like, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh shit.
Speaker 4: And then I love the fact that like things like that are happening. And then you turn around and you just see Siary moseying on in with a drinking food in his hand, and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Waiting for you.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is really good.
Speaker 4: Wow, it would be nice if I could put this down and grab something to eat with the scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah of chaos backstage. I brought my sister one time backstage and I told her, I do not want you to be here. I love you more than anything, and I want you by my side for anything.
Speaker 1: But this is a dark place.
Speaker 2: Dark things happen, and you never know, and people are gonna push you around until you get the fuck out of the way, and they're not gonna be nice. Then I'm gonna be mean because if I see someone being rude.
Speaker 1: To you game on. Yeah, And on that night I learned something.
Speaker 2: So Elvis always told me, if somebody doesn't want you to be there, walk away and let them know. I'm walking away because you told me to walk away, and you will rue the day.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So that night it was an after party and I'm on the flyer for the after party. I'm on the flyer because I'm hosting it. We walked from Madison Square Garden in the rain, by the way, and it was cold all the way to the club and they didn't want to let people in until midnight and it was raining, and I said, Hi, I'm here for the after party. The fucker at the door said, everybody's here for the after party. So I don't know why you think you're special. You're gonna have to wait. And I said, well, typically I wouldn't think I was special, But since I'm on the flyer and I don't want to stand out here and get soaked with my family, if you could just let us in, I'll stand in the doorway. That'd be fine. He said no. I was like, all right, I'm counting down from five and if we haven't gotten in the door by that, I'm going home and you can explain why I'm not here because I'm on the flyer. And he let me in, and my sister said, please don't ever act like that in front of me. Ever.
Speaker 1: Again, I was like, I'm trying to save you, man.
Speaker 2: I would have loved that. I don't want to stand out here and get soaked and be cold.
Speaker 1: Come on, man.
Speaker 2: So yes, I had that moment. And then we were at another party in Miami. There was a pool party, and again we're on the flyer, and I didn't to be fair, I didn't have the wristband I was supposed to have because I had met up with everybody later. So I told him, hey, i'm here, I don't have the wristband, but I can go grab one and I'll come back out and give it to you. I was by myself. It's not like the pack of people. As I'm standing there and this man's not letting me in. All these listeners are like, can I take a picture with you? Can we take pictures? Yeah, for sure, no problems, So I'm taking pictures. He still said, I don't know who you are. I can't let you in here.
Speaker 1: Oh Elvis, Froggy.
Speaker 2: Everyone are like waving and yelling like get back here, what's taking you so long? So I just pointed to the guy, was like, he's not letting me in. So I'm going home, and I start walking away and somebody comes running out and grassy like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, leave she's with us.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm not going to stand there and fight with you to let me into something that I am hosting.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. I would have loved to see that in person. I'm gonna leave this guy to let me, so I'm gonna leave. You know how stressful being a security guard must be because like, Okay, I'm following the rules.
Speaker 3: I know I'm being an asshole, but I'm following the rules.
Speaker 4: And now I'm going to get in trouble because I did my job and now you're leaving and what happened.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. There are so many solutions.
Speaker 2: I used to work out a club and one of the things, I think we've talked about this before. Never get into it with security because you will lose. They're bigger than you, they're stronger and you. The cops are on their side every time walk away, but they do have brains. They can think with them if they choose not to. That's not my problem. So when there's a guy at the front who sees the entire cabanda of people where I'm supposed to be waving and saying come in here, you see listeners taking a photo with me. At any given point, you could have been like, hold on one second, let me go get somebody. Hey, let me ask my manager. Hey, there's thirty seven thousand other security guards here. Maybe I could walk you back there and see if in fact you were lying. You five foot shrimp who's probably not going to do anything, but instead you choose to just stand there and be a dick. I don't think so. We all have brains, let's use them. It's important. Oh man, I know I probably sound like such an asshole right now, but until you're in these situations, it's warranted. These people are assholes. What do you feel like in any way you have entered a villain era? Are you still in the hero spots? Well, I've always been a villain. I'm always a bad guy in a lot situation, so I don't really care. Why what makes you a bad guy? When you say you're the bad guy, what does the bad guy mean? And why do you think you're there.
Speaker 4: I think that a lot of the times, my personality, like the way that I handle situations, makes me seem as if I don't care about things, so it's just easier for people to paint me as a villain.
Speaker 2: I think you very much care about things, and I think it takes a lot from you to be like, I'm not dealing with this, I don't want to address it. I'm gonna have nothing to do with it. I think that takes a lot more from you than if you stay and fight about something. And I think that that's your sort of declaration of wars when you act like you don't care, because.
Speaker 3: I know you care. Usually when there's a declaration of war, you're dead to me.
Speaker 1: What do you verrgo?
Speaker 4: Yep. Once you've gotten me to the point where I care enough to feel like I just have to walk away and detach and disassociate, then like, oh you're done.
Speaker 1: I agree, you are done, done, done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So people are like, oh my god, she's so cold. Yes she is.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny, and again I'm me, So it's very much coming from a place of bias. I don't think i'm cold or mean, and I get told NonStop that I am both of those things, and I'm like, I, uh, I thought I was the warmest person I knew you and love you and embrace you and try to do nice.
Speaker 4: Things only when you know people or when you're Yeah, well you're nice to people that you don't know too, But like, I think you're very matter of a fact, right, So I think that for some people that could be cold, and like, I don't think it's mean, but it's just like very blunt, straight to the point, are we doing this?
Speaker 3: Yes or no? Great buye, which I appreciate.
Speaker 2: I think that's the nicest thing you can do, is be direct and not waste people's time. And also, if somebody upsets you, you owe it to yourself and to that person to tell them why something upset you. Otherwise you just build resentment because you didn't set expectations.
Speaker 1: For yourself about how you want someone to treat you.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, here's my thing, because I feel like everyone has a brain, whether they use it or not. Right security, if you know what you did to upset me, I'm not gonna waste my time telling you what you did.
Speaker 2: But how do you know that they know.
Speaker 4: You're a security guard does not let me in after I've explained this and the third and I decide, fuck you, I'm not doing this. I don't feel like I need to explain any further. You can't stand there and pretend it's if you don't know why I'm upset. You know, turn that thing on that's in your skull, Turn it on, Turn it on.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you. All I'm gonna say is, if I've learned anything over the years of my life, I'm the main character in my story. I am not the main character in everybody else's story. So while I would love to think that the world revolves around me and people are doing things intentionally with me in mind, I don't think that's the case. I actually think people are doing things for them. And sometimes when you're doing things for yourself and you're not thinking about everybody else, you accidentally step on a land mine or hurt somebody's feelings or do whatever. And I think I'm being kind by telling someone, Hey, this bothered me. You might not know that you did something or that this thing bothered me, but it does bother me, and I would like for it to not happen again, which apparently makes me a monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also I just feel like it could be a waste of time. People don't care.
Speaker 2: People do it once and then when they show you they don't care, you move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, piece up, a town down. I feel like any of it.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll grow one day, right, Hopefully I do, right, because you're supposed to keep growing and evolving. Absolutely, But I don't know. This one thing about me has not changed. I can't are you happy with it? Sometimes I think that I wonder what my life would be like if.
Speaker 3: I went out of my way to like have I.
Speaker 4: Don't really want to say, confrontation with people, but like engage with certain things. Don't really think it would be much different, just because it's like, I really believe that people know what they're doing when they do you and like, yeah, you may not have realized in the moment what you did, but over time you know, so fuck you.
Speaker 1: You have more faith in people than I do.
Speaker 3: Ah, Well, you have more faith in.
Speaker 2: People's intelligence emotional intelligence than I do.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe not, But I don't feel like that's emotional intelligence. I think that's just using your brain. I don't think emotion has anything to do with that.
Speaker 3: You know when you do something wrong.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think emotional intelligence doesn't have to do with being emotional.
Speaker 1: It often has to do with how.
Speaker 2: You read another person, okay, and they're what you perceive as their intentions or their energy. I think that's more of emotional intelligence than just addressing anger, grief, happiness, whatever it is. I think it's it's interpersonal knowing how to deal with people just based on vibes and things like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll grow, I don't know, maybe don't need to.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're happy the way you are and it's not like that. Cheers babes.
Speaker 2: This is a Minisodam. We really went on for fifteen minutes. That's good, perfect, that's perfect, right, Yeah, excellent. Wait, yeah, what do you wish for in this new year of life? I wish for I know it sounds cliche, I'm gonna say it. I'm at the place of my life where all I want, if I did have a wish come true, was for my family and friends, the people who I love to be happy and healthy.
Speaker 1: And that is it.
Speaker 2: If I can see those things, that's all I want.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: I have everything I want? Ah, that's so good.
Speaker 2: I mean it I think every day I have everything I ever wanted and more. What am I gonna ask for? I'm not gonna ask for anything. I love that it's time for me to do so for other people. Wow, And I see you get far more fulfillment watching other people be happy, because I'm happy as fuck. So I love seeing it from other people.
Speaker 3: It's great. I love them.
Speaker 2: I hope you get all of your wishes this year. That's my wish.
Speaker 1: I love that. What was your birthday wish?
Speaker 2: What did you want?
Speaker 4: I don't remember the exact because I remember thinking about it. My sister and I had a conversation, like what do you want in this new year of life? I just want to be healthy and happy and not so chaotic internally. Other than that, I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: Because that's like, that's the good stuff. That's the stuff you can't buy, but if you have it, it is priceless.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if someone can buy it, I can probably buy it. And if I can't, Elvis, well it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. All right, if you want to find you online, where they gonna find you?
Speaker 3: At Diamond Sincere on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I am at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram. Oh shit, you know what we could have done and we didn't do talkbacks?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We'll do them in the next episode, A many episode of talkbacks. Okay, until then, say bye.