Speaker 1: Injury updates from all over the NBA, map, the best race to watch in both the Western and Eastern Conference, And why is Chris Haynes recording a podcast with two trophies obscuring his microphone. All of that explain next on a new edition of This League Uncut.
Speaker 2: Welcome to This League Uncut in rule of twenty four hour NBA.
Speaker 3: News, This news you'll.
Speaker 2: Chris Haynes. It's no time, works time, it's so time. This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome in to the latest edition, an all state side edition of This League Uncut. Mark Stein with Chris Haynes and now both of us operating within American borders. I am back from my trip to England where I watched a load of soccer, and honestly, if we ever needed this show to be on YouTube or with some sort of camera presence, this would have been the one. You guys can't see it. You're just gonna have to trust me, Chris Haynes. Chris Haynes has joined us. Producer Ryan is already laughing. Chris Haynes has joined us with a trophy obscuring most of his face and that basically he's trying to coerce us. I am gonna take de bait, Chris. Why do you have a trophy sitting in front of you as we tape on this Tuesday afternoon and while we are taping a brand new edition of this league uncut? Why is there a giant piece of dunking basketball hardware on your ask?
Speaker 4: Well, A couple things, first and foremost. First and foremost, it's just a coincidence that these this trophy is here sit in front of me as we record this podcast. Second of all, there yeah, Second, it's plural, Stein. There are two trophies. This is the championship trophy right here, this is the MVP trophy. And lastly, third, we won the championship in the Filipino League this past weekend. We went from last to champs. We were the last seed to get into the playoffs. We made it to the uh we made it to the final four. We had two games this past Saturday. We had to win the first game in order to get to the championship. We did and I just so happened Stein to have the stats of the final four so in the game to get us to the championship. We won seventy eight to seventy two. Your guy, yours truly. Chris Haynes led the way with twenty six points. Then we got to the finals and I had help. I had help. This was a tough one. I actually sprained my ankle, my right ankle, in the first game that day, and I sprained it again in the second. But stein we were in the championship game, there was no way I was coming out.
Speaker 1: No load management for Chris Haynes.
Speaker 4: Not on the last game. No, this is where you leave it all out on the floor, and I did, and I had help. Lea, who's one of the best young Filipino players in the California, helped us out.
Speaker 1: Not just Sacramento, in all of California.
Speaker 4: I'm going on a limb and saying all of California. This kid is fifteen years old and as a stud led the way with thirty two points. I had twenty three points, eight rebounds, eight assist. We won the championship eighty three to eighty one. The team shot a last minute corner three to win the game. In and out Buzzer Champs on Finals MVP the I'm the Champ. We did it. I took my team out for barbecue, the whole nine. It was beautiful weekend, beautiful fans, the trophies. No, just just me and just me as a couple of friends that that came to see the game came and watched me out. I appreciate their support. Uh, it was a It was a true team effort, truly.
Speaker 1: Produce producer, Ryan, Are you getting this? Stephen Curry currently out with an ankle injury. Lebron James has been in and out of the lineup with an ankle issue. Devin Booker has been in and out of the lineup with an ankle issue. Chris Haynes sprains his ankle, plays on it, refuses to come out, and is now co hosting this league uncut with more trophies than he can fit into the screen window.
Speaker 5: One thing can't be denied. I had seen, you know, there were rumblings from northern California all the way down here in LA and the Southern California region. Some are calling it his flu game, and I think there's no denying That's exactly what we have to consider. This performance by Chris Haynes is an MVP performance despite an injury and then showing up on this league gun cut. This man can do it all.
Speaker 3: And the name of your team again is.
Speaker 4: Is team Genebra. What does that mean? I have no clue. Hey, y'all, y'all, I want y'all once everybody is listening, please tweet at us, Instagram, Twitter, or x whatever you want to call it. Now tell me what that means. I know it's a you know Filipino names.
Speaker 1: Give me some of your teammates and start getting some gossip from inside the locker room to see if all of these tales check out out. What do you think, Ryan, We need the sourcing.
Speaker 5: We need some exclusive this league, uncut sourcing to find out if these trophies, I mean they they're real trophies. But the framing of this shot, you know, I'm not seeing any name engraved on any plates.
Speaker 4: You know, I name it.
Speaker 5: I can't well for deny that these are actual trophies that come from the league or not.
Speaker 4: Well. Listen, I've never claimed that I that I play in a real, a really good finance league. But what I can say is it shows it right here. MVP Finals. The name of the league is to mock bow nor Cal League Season three twenty twenty four MVP of the finals. So no name, they don't have my name on there. But this is the championship trophy. It says champions to mock bow nor cal League Open League Division season three, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: And just just to clarify before we merclee move on to coverage of the NBA.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify one last thing.
Speaker 1: So your league with Aaron Haynes is a different league, and that is still ongoing.
Speaker 4: That is Sunday's league. That is the West Sacramento League. Yes, that is that is different. I need Aaron for that league. I don't need Aaron for this league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got your co star.
Speaker 4: No disrespect he hold on, No disrespect to my Filipino competition out there, you know what I mean, no disrespect, But I don't need a six eighth guy in this league. We don't. We don't. We don't need that.
Speaker 1: So we've clarified that your co star his name is actually pronounced Liam and not Liam.
Speaker 4: If that's what you're saying, we'll know.
Speaker 3: I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Last last week, I think we said it wrong, and I said we need to make sure we get it right. So I was hoping you having been the only one of the three of us who knows him could clarify that.
Speaker 4: You know what, Listen, we have an actual commissioner of this league. He's the commissioner. He runs the whole thing. His name is Robert Pascal. That's a great We got to bring him on. He's the commissioner. We got to bring him on.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I think we've probably done a little bit too much on this, but we had to give We had to give Chris Haynes his flowers and give him ala.
Speaker 4: I don't know why y'all brought that up. We didn't have to.
Speaker 1: There was no reason because, as you pointed, I didn't even notice the second trop there. There are legit two trophies in the picture. I didn't even notice the first one. So that's why I think you. I think I think you. Well, we know I can't see and I can't hear.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm old.
Speaker 1: I'm a lot older than both of you, and I'm aging by the day faster than I would care to admit. So I fully admit that I'm washed. But I think you kind of you kind of left us no choice here that we had to talk about this hardware collection.
Speaker 3: In front of you.
Speaker 4: Okay, well listen, you know it happens, but uh, let's get to the NBA so can we can we please get everybody's.
Speaker 3: Class, let's get to the end.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think also the reason we needed this diversion. I mean, it is not the happiest time in the NBA. We're basically down to a month left, I think thirty two to thirty three days left in the regular season, and it's it's rough right now, and there's so much focus on injuries. Karl Anthony Towns. The Wolves just denounced shortly before we started recording this pod that Karl Anthony Towns has undergone surgery on that left lateral meniscus. He'll be reevaluated in four weeks. The Wolves say no other details from the Wolves on specificity on exactly what sort of surgery this was, which always matters when we're dealing with a meniscus. All we know is what the Wolves say about reevaluating him in four weeks. I think it's pretty well a established at this point. The Wolves know they're going to have to get to the rest of the regular season without him and hope he can make it back in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: In Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: We still don't know when the Sixers will get Joe lmb back. The Cavaliers are playing without both Evan Mobley and Donovan Mitchell as we speak. The Suns did get Devin Booker back last night, making it twenty four games now for the super team trio of Kevin Durant, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. They have played together in just twenty four games, but at least the Suns they are finally whole, at least in terms of their star trio. The Knicks tonight playing against Philadelphia. After we finished recording this pod, Ogannobi is expected to return for the Knicks after missing tons of time.
Speaker 3: And remember, the Knicks.
Speaker 1: Went fifteen and two in the imediate aftermath of acquiring og Anobi, but he's been out since late January with this elbow injury, so more than six weeks the Knicks have had to cope without og Anoby. They're supposed to get him back. Remains unclear though how soon Julius Randall can come back for the Knicks. Stephan Curry I was supposed to see him tomorrow night here in Dallas. Stephan Curry will not be playing in that game in Dallas, but the Warriors say he is expected to practice Friday in LA with a team, and that would suggest that a return Saturday against the.
Speaker 3: Lakers is possible.
Speaker 1: And then there's just the horrible looking injury that Alpera and she Gun suffered in Houston. Thankfully, it sounds as though the extent of the injury that Sheng Goon has suffered is a Grade three right ankle sprain, no tears, nothing with the knee. The reality is he's probably gonna miss the rest of the regular season. But if he can avoid surgery and needs time to heal, that would be a huge, huge relief for the Rockets, because that thing looked so nasty. I guess the summation of all this is just it sucks that we're down to this last month of the season. What should be the stretch run and what should be a time when we're focused solely on the standings, and sadly, so many injuries intruding on so many teams. I didn't even mention Benedict Mattarin in Indianapolis, who's now out for the season. So injuries in the NBA this time of year they always make a huge impact and it's just an undeniable. It's a downer to see how much we're dealing with right now on the injury front.
Speaker 4: But we're getting there, Stan, We're getting there. Steph is soon on the way. And for the Minnesota Timbos, who had a phenomenal season. You want to see teams whole, especially for the playoffs. So there's a shot that Karl Anthony Towns, you know, will be back for the postseason. And so you know, Julius Randall, that's the one that I'm kind of trying to monitor right there to see if they can get him back at some.
Speaker 3: Point another you know, another big deal.
Speaker 1: You just you just you just actually kind of got me thinking, because I know you're going to see the Bucks in Sacramento this week.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're even going to bring the trophies to.
Speaker 1: The game just to show, uh show Damian Lillard and Joanna.
Speaker 4: They both saw pictures already. It's so good. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my bad. I should have I should have known that. I should have assumed that Chris Middleton. I mean, the Bucks have played so much better lately, but we're still waiting on the return of Chris Middleton, which is a huge huge potential X factor for the Bucks because they've looked so much better here lately and they're doing it without Chris Middleton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are, and right now I think, so what we a little bit under twenty games left and Chris Milton still They were hoping that he will be back tonight for the against the Sacramento Kings, but that's not happening. So yeah, I mean, you gotta he has to come back and find the groove. And how would he find that groove once he gets back? Will he come in as a starter? Will he start off on the bench. He's being a minute restriction most of the season, so there's a lot of unknown when it comes to Chris Milton. But when he was playing, he was pretty consistent. So you know the Bucks are hoping to get hold as well.
Speaker 3: What's the general vibe you get from the Bucks?
Speaker 1: How optimistic are they that Middleton is going to come back and look like the Chris Middleton we expect?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, I don't know. I think you know, first of all, they just want him back into the fold so they can have some games under their belt together with Doc Rivers. You know, they got some new sets you know, it's a lot more two way game going on with Giannis and Dame, and so they want to be able to integrate Chris. That you don't want to be in a great and Chris in the playoffs. You want to have some games under their belt. So you know, you never know how the player is going to come back. You know, if they're going to come back and just pick up what they left off, or it's going to take some time. But this had to have been a really serious ankle spring because Chris is missed I believe it's fifteen or sixteen games because of it. So this is something that they're you know, they're going to try to be cautious about.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we obviously hope that whether it's Chris Middleton, Karl Anthony Towns, the various injuries we've seen across the league, that all these players are healthy come playoff time. But what in the standings are you watching closest as we move into the last month of the season. Stein, Let's start with you.
Speaker 1: I would say, and maybe this is geographical bias based on where I live, but this battle in the West, who gets to six, who gets out of the plane, or will I mean, New Orleans has quiet New Orleans has very quietly just been monstrous since the start of February. And I want to say the Pels are on a thirteen and four or even a fourteen and four run. I mean, they look like a very solid number five right now. And the Pelicans are whole and functioning as well as a team really as we've ever seen since Zion Williamson has been a Pelican. And so I would say the Pelicans right now they look like they're gonna stay at number five at worst. So it's really this battle from six on down. And the reason to me it is, look, it's already critical for all these teams because you obviously want to be six. You don't want to be seven through ten because then that means you have to go through the play and round. But it isn't just that, which is significant enough with what's going on with Minnesota. You know the Wolves, it's an amazing stat. Alan Horton, their radio guy, keeps this stat. It's truly amazing. In the Wolves franchise history, they had only held the best record in the West for ten days in the first thirty four seasons of Timberwolves basketball, whereas this season. The Wolves have been number one in the West for almost one hundred days. But now when we woke up on this Tuesday, the Wolves were down to number three in the West, a game and a half back of West leading OKC, And we know they're going to have to get to the rest of the regular season without Karl Anthony Towns, and even if Towns can come back for the start of the playoffs, you'd have to think there is going to be some sort of reintegration period and just for Towns himself to play and feel like himself.
Speaker 3: So suddenly.
Speaker 1: Being number six, there's not only the carrot of you get out of the plane, but the very real possibility that you play a Wolves team that is not the Wolves team that we've seen all season and that has led the West for so much of this season, because either they're not gonna have Towns for the start of the first round, or they're gonna be bringing Towns back and have to do it on the fly in the first round. So as we awoke on this Tuesday, Phoenix was number six up a game on Sacramento. But look, all these teams are bunched up here. Dallas is in that mix as well, you know, the Lakers and Warriors, they've got more ground to make up. So I don't know if the number nine Lakers and the number ten Warriors, I don't know how much higher up the board they can move. But just who gets that's number six in the West, to me is fascinating because that first round series, all the pressure is going to be on Minnesota. Minnesota has had this incredible regular season, but they've had to live with they got to prove it to us in the playoffs because as a franchise, they don't have that playoff success.
Speaker 3: So that that would be the one for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, They're They're a team. I haven't heard anything, but I would think that the Timbules are a team that is on the radar of those teams that's fighting for that six spot. I think you want it probably out of Denver and Oklahoma City and Minnesota. Minnesota probably be the team that you want to face. Considering Karl Anthony Towns's injury situation. I'm in the fact that Timbles have to do in the playoffs. Like you said, every time, I wouldn't say every time, but most of the times when there's a young emerging team that catches people by surprise, and usually in the playoffs they may falter in the first or second round, but you know, usually they have to go through the rigors of a season like that to take that next step. And that's not every team, but you know, we'll see, you know, I think Phoenix they will feel I'll have to think if Phoenix faced Minnesota, they they will feel pretty good about their first round chances. So I get what you're saying on.
Speaker 1: That one, and they look they have to feel that way because again, the two things that worry me about the Phoenix Suns A have we seen their main three guys play enough? And I'm sure they're gonna say, we're battle tested, we're veterans, we know what we're doing. We'll be fine in the playoffs, don't worry about it. We're all mid range masters. The game gets tougher and slower in the playoffs, and we're gonna you know, no team is used to dealing with three of us who can all hit Midi's We're gonna be fine. That's what the Sons would say say if they were speaking directly to us. But if you're a Phoenix fan or a Phoenix Sun, you can't love the idea of having to go on the road three straight rounds to get to the NBA Finals. And you know, obviously in the finals you wouldn't have home court advantage either. So if Phoenix finishes sixth and gets a match up against the uncertain Minnesota Timberwolves, you know that will be a fascinating contrast of styles.
Speaker 4: And we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see if Phoenix can turn it on like they believe they can. But I know in Dallas, you know, they're desperate to get up to number six as well, and they had a recent one in five wobble.
Speaker 3: They just played.
Speaker 1: An unreal game in Chicago on Monday night, right after I got back to town. They just, i mean, one of their best road performances of the season. So we'll see if Dallas can keep that going. Dallas playing likely playing Golden State on Wednesday night without Stephen Curry, and the Warriors are only one and four this season without Steph, I believe. But right after that, Dallas has to go to Oklahoma City to play the Thunder and on Sunday they've got Denver in here. So big week for the Mavericks and everybody's jockeying for number six, and you know, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be interested to hear.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna be seeing the Bucks in Sacramento, but I'd love to get a pulse check from you in our next pod on the Kings because they've been so up and down and such a difficult team to get a handle on. Probably better on the road this season than at home.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they're in a little bit of danger right there. You know, it's not out of the rim of possibility that the Kings could end up finding themselves in the play in situation, So you know, that's that would be devastating for them for the most part, considering that the way that they started. But yeah, it'd be good to catch up with them for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, this just ain't last year. I mean last year. Last season. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 1: Last season was an anomaly in the West where the Kings not only had good health, really good health during the regular season, but forty eight wins could get you the third seed in the Western Conference.
Speaker 3: Forty eight wins ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Get you close to the third seed in this Western Conference. So I mean that's really the issue. It's not like the Kings are miles away from the basketball.
Speaker 3: They played last season.
Speaker 1: They awoke on this Tuesday on a forty seven win pace, so only one win shy of what they did last year. But they're scrapping along with Phoenix and Dallas and the Lakers and the Warriors just to try to get into the top six because the West is that much tougher. So now I'm gonna flip it and turn it to you, mister Haynes. What in the standings are you looking at the most? What jumps off the page for you when you look West or East?
Speaker 4: Well, since you took care of the West already, let's go to the east. And when I go to the East, there's an intriguing matchup that could take place in the first round that I think could be the most high profile first round matchup in the Eastern Conference, had the most intrigue, maybe even in all the playoffs. In that first round, I'm going with the Milwaukee Bucks the Indiana Paces. Right now, the Bucks are standing at the second seed. The Pacers are at the seventh seed. And just to remind people or even inform people if they don't know, the Pacers and Bucks have had some history this year. They've played five games already the season, which that does not happen. But we have to remember with the N Season Tournament now to get an extra game, and the Pacers and Bucks were in that, and the Pacers eliminated the Bucks in the N Season Tournament. And in five games, the Pacers have defeed the Bucks four of five. They've had their number. And let's not forget Ballgate. Don't remember that, stut remember that try to take what they claim to have take. Took Giannis after Cooper's ball after Gianni's had a career high of I forgot how many points you score, but it was a career high. It was a Bucks, it was a franchise. It was sixty four points, okay, sixty four points, and we saw, you know, all the drama that ensued after that. I have Malie Beasley on my let Me See. It was on My Bleach Report live stream show a couple of months ago, and he talked about how he wants to see the Pacers, how the team the Bucks wants they want to face them to show them that the regular season is nothing. And he said they're going there, they're going to be in for a surprise if they if they get them in the playoffs. So I'm judging by that the Bucks will definitely welcome that matchup in the first round. That would definitely be an intriguing matchup for sure. And don't forget in that playing game, Tyrese Halliburton, even Mock Dane did the Dame time watch gesture, you know, after I believe hitting one of his dagger threes in the game, and Dame after that play in said hey, you know you got to be humble. Learn to be humble at some point. So that is a matchup right there that I definitely will have a lot of intrigue. And it's shaping up, you know, it's getting to the point where we think that might end up being the two to seven matchup right there because the Bucks are playing some good ball.
Speaker 1: Well, look there is I'm with you one hundred percent in terms of I would love to see the Bucks and the Pacers hook up in the first round. That would be very spicy given what's happened between the teams already.
Speaker 3: That again, you know, in the new NBA with an n.
Speaker 1: Season tournament, we get these situations where teams play more than four times. Four times used to be the regular season, Max, But as you said, the Pacers and Bucks have already played five times this season because of the nd season tournament, and then to see them in a best of seven series would be great theater. However, I would just caution and say the Miami, both the Pacers and the Heat right now are in the play in zone, and Philly, Orlando, the Knicks. They're all right there in that mix. But the Heat have hit another wobble, and Miami has just had a really rough regular season. There was the bizarre seven game losing streak shortly after Eric Spoulster got a contract extension. They appeared to bounce back from that, but now they've lost three in a row again, including a loss to the Wizards, which is just I wouldn't have imagined any scenario at this stage of the season when Miami knows it's got to start tightening up and getting its playoff approach in sync. To lose a home game to a team that has been as bad as Washington has been all season, that was a shock to the system. But I guess what I'm trying to say here is the Heat could end up eighth again. I don't think that's where they're gonna end up. But if Miami finished eighth again and played Boston and we had another eight to one matchup like we did last season when Miami stunned Milwaukee and then went all the way to the finals, only the second number eight seed in the history of this sixteen team playoff format to do that, Boston Miami would just be another crazy first round series that has us all wrapped up. So there's there's gonna be a lot of I mean, there will be a lot of playoff intrigue this season. I think right from the jump in round one, the West because there seems to be so much quality depth, and then the East. If we get one or two of these matchups where you know, Boston Miami would be an insane first round, and I think so would Milwaukee and India, And you know what, it'd be interesting. How does TNT use Chris Haynes. Does he end up getting thrown onto even though he's usually a Western Conference guy? Would he get thrown onto Bucks Pacers to be there for the potential chaos?
Speaker 4: Intention stime? Before I answered that, I just had to take a deep breath. They had to calm down. I was just on the verge of booking a flight to London, and I'll explain why I said that after this my next game. My next game is the twenty fifth or twenty six is the Bucks and Lakers in Milwaukee. So usually the playoffs, they usually do take me out towards the East or or Minnesota. That's probably the fart well, so I do get out more so during the playoffs than I would during the regular season. So I wouldn't mind. With that being said, Stein, the reason I had to take a deep breath my daughter. My family is in London right now. They're visiting my daughter who is studying abroad this semester. So my thirteen year old daughter, Jada, she called me. She was facetiming me right now, and I had to decline it. And I told her, hey, babe, I'm sorry, I'm on the pod right now. I'll call you right back. She texts back, okay, MF. I said, what, okay, MF, like what And then like as I'm getting furious and my blood is boiling, she puts a asterisk my fault. That's what the MF meant. So I had to calm down. Starn. I see that's why these youngsters nowadays, man spell spell it out, spell it out. Stop this MF stuff.
Speaker 1: MF what else does m F mean? I know I was waiting to see maybe she learned some cool new London slang that we didn't know.
Speaker 4: But I guess come on now, no, okay, m F okay, MF what what? And she knew like she had to have felt something to to text back like pretty quickly asterix my fault. She had to have felt something. She knew I was coming. I was like, damn, this bucks Kings game tonight, I'm going to London to handle some business. Hell no, we ain't talking like that, so I have I'm cool now, I'm my bad, I'm cool. My apologies every ding.
Speaker 1: One other topic I did want to mention before we go, because I think this is a story we're going to be talking about more and more as the rest of the regular season plays out. Because while I was in England, even though I was five thousand miles ish away from the NBA, the hubbub back home did not escape me. It reached me about a rising belief in various corners of the league that referees have been instructed to call fewer shooting fouls, let more contact go because the numbers. The numbers definitely bear inspection. Before the All Star Break, teams league wide this season we're averaging one hundred and fifteen point five points per game and twenty two point seven free throws per game. The one hundred and fifteen point five points per game league wide average was the highest seen in hashtag this league since the nineteen sixty nine to seventy season. When we're talking about at the break, but since the break, I asked my fellow substacker, Justin Kubotko. I asked Professor Kubatko to run the numbers for me, and he he tallied.
Speaker 3: It up for me on this Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Since the break, the league's scoring average has dipped almost four points per game, all the way down to one to eleven point seven points per game league wide, free throws down to nineteen point nine per game, So scoring has dropped almost four points per game since the All Star Break. Free throws per game have dropped almost three three fewer free throws per game league wide since the All Star Break. So this has led to some claims that the league is now facing that the referees have been quietly told behind the scenes to let more contact go when the assumption is that this would have been a reaction to all the criticism that the league got in late January and early February for the offensive explosion, so many players scoring sixty and seventy points, how hard it's gotten for defenses to counteract offenses.
Speaker 3: So I think this is a.
Speaker 1: Story that we have to monitor and something that I think we will continue to be taking stock of and potentially discussing further. I sought formal comment from the league office upon getting back in the States, and an NBA spokesman told me on Monday there has been no directive from the league office to referees to call games differently. So we'll see how that explanation lands with people around the league, coaches teams that feel otherwise. But again, like I said, this is a story that I think is evolving in something that we will continue to monitor and potentially get into further on upcoming editions of this league. Uncut because I wanted to make sure I gave the floor to Chris Haynes one more time before we go.
Speaker 4: Very interesting Staran. I know players this year have been complaining about I can't I can't remember, but if it was farther back as before the All Star break, but they've been complaining about not getting the continuation calls that they're accustomed to getting in previous seasons. So, you know, I don't know, I don't know what to make of that, but definitely that's definitely something.
Speaker 1: One more interesting thing to note on that front. Remember, between January twenty second and February third, five players scored at least sixty points in NBA game. Joel Embian went for seventy, Karl Anthony Towns went for sixty two, Luca Don went for seventy three, Devin Booker went for sixty two, and Stephan Curry went for sixty. We're six weeks removed from Steph's sixty point game. Obviously there was an All Star break in there as well, but no one in the NBA since February third has even scored fifty points in a game. So that's why you have people asking has something changed?
Speaker 3: What has changed?
Speaker 1: So again something we need to keep our eye on here, all right, I think that's gonna do it for this edition of this league uncut, and since I am back within NBA borders, I will be seeing the Warriors in Dallas Wednesday night, Chris Haynes, I know you're gonna see the Bucks and the Kings shortly after we finished recording this episode. So hopefully both you and I will have some good tales from the hardwood to share the next time we're together for the next episode. Mode, and by tails from the hardwood, I mean the NBA hardwood, not the Sunday Sacramento rec League or can't.
Speaker 4: I can't make any promises.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll see if the next time we do this you have new hardware from your other league. We'll see if you can beat out Aaron Haynes for MVP honors. I don't know, can you?
Speaker 4: No, I can't, but I definitely should win something from recruiting. I'll tell you that for sure. But yeah, exactly the year is something like that. Yeah, for sure. That season. I still think we got like two or three regular season games left before into the playoffs, so we still got a while until I get the chance to collect some more hardware. Until then, these two trophies will rest on my chest. I'm in my celebration tour mode right now. I've been I've been going to the gym this week. There's a gym that about thirty of us frequent throughout the week, and most of these guys are in that league. And so every day this week, I've been bringing both trophies, not playing. I haven't been playing. I've been going because I'm letting my ankle rest because this new the new Filipido league starts in two weeks. So I've been bringing this trophy, letting everybody know and reminding everybody who champ and who the MVP is. I told you not let me get this win.
Speaker 1: You probably messed up the ankle by playing pick up all the night before, like I told you not to do. I strongly advised you to not you play pickup ball.
Speaker 4: And then I thought about that you.
Speaker 1: Played pickup ball the night before you had a doubleheader. I mean, I admire your I admire your spirit. I admire that out of the two of us, you are in far better shape as we both grow older, and you take much better care of yourself than me. But three games in two days might be a touch too much for you at this point.
Speaker 4: I thought about that stime. But remember I was in Denver all week, so the last time I was able to shoot a basketball was Monday, so I couldn't play in a final four having not shot since Monday, so I thought about that. That probably played a factor. But at the end of the day, Stein, as you see, the hardware rest on my chest and I don't regret anything. I would do it all over again.
Speaker 1: There you have it, world, Chris Haynes as candid as ever. All right, that's gonna do it. We will be back before the week is out. Like I said, hopefully with tails from the NBA hardw we might have taken the Sacramento Rec League bit as far as we can.
Speaker 3: At this point, I'm a little worried.
Speaker 1: I'm a little worried that we've overdone it. All right, everybody, Thanks to mil for joining us, and remember, as always, please follow the show, rate the show, review the show, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast. Signing off for Chris Haynes, producer Ryan Music.
Speaker 3: He's insisting we call him Champ. Is this for real? Is this on right now? No?
Speaker 1: I'm signing us off for Chris Haynes, for producer Ryan Music, and for me, Mark Stein, Champless Mark Stein.
Speaker 3: That'll do it for this edition of this League uncut.
Speaker 2: And that'll do it for us. See you next time.
Speaker 3: This League.
Speaker 2: Uncut is an iHeartRadio production
Speaker 3: Chris Haines and Mark Stein