Speaker 1: The Welsh accent. I feel like, is the is similar to the South African accent in that like it's kind of an in between her. I feel like they're like making it up as they go. I'm like, wait a second.
Speaker 2: So here's here's a hot tip. Yeah, do not make any jokes about a Welsh accent or the Welsh language. It will fall at your feet like a lead balloon.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: They are very, very very proud of their of.
Speaker 1: Their You mean you're saying you're setting down some guide rules at the beginning of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm actually the appointed bodyguard of the Welsh language.
Speaker 3: In case that was going to come up today, let me just stop you right there.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three forty seven, episode three Day's Like Ice Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Wednesday, July seventeenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Who, of course, good one this baby. It's National Peach ice Cream Day. I don't think I've had peach ice cream.
Speaker 1: And my grandfather was one of his favorites. Oh peach ice cream.
Speaker 5: Oh shout out duty about the shitty sugar free kind too, Like he just had such a good experience with peach ice cream some somewhere along his road that that's all.
Speaker 1: He was just coasting off the memory.
Speaker 6: Because your grandfather, my name's sake, Jack Rand namesake, Okay, doctor Jack. Shout out to peach ice cream with asparta may for you. For him, It's World Emoji Day. It's National tattoo Day. Shout everybody who got ink, Shout out of other people who put the ink on, you know what I mean. And also shout out to Jamie Loft because it is your day. Because it's National hot Dog Day.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that's not July fourth. Yeah, that is weird. Not that I can believe that today is not July fourth. I just can't believe the National hot Dog Day is not July fourth. Yeah, you know that is. I think it's probably just they. I don't know. Maybe there's just a sanctity to July fourth for some people. Although it is, I just do it overshadowed a little bit. This is actually kind of amazing. It's not.
Speaker 6: Okay, the only the foods that are national July fourth National barbecued spare ribs Day, that makes sense, But then we're going outside National Caesar Salad Day obviously a Mexican recipe originally in Tijuana, so that's also July fourth, shout out to that one.
Speaker 1: Then it's also Alice in Wonderland Day July fourth. Yeah, okay, like fuck your fuck your holiday. When they when they named that like it was the eighteen hundreds, they are like the Independence Day thing in America. That country is not going anywhere that there, it's not gonna take. Yeah, exactly, we can make it Nash Wonderland anyways. AnyWho, my name is Jack O'Brien aka on the mic for the Daily's.
Speaker 7: Night Say Miles Gray, jack Oh, Miles Gray, Jacko, Miles Gray and me Jacko podcasts and Baja Blast.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of housey on Salad. That was supposed to be walking like an Egyptian. I'm still getting my pipes back, that's all right, but shout out to you housey on Salad.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Gray. It's Miles Gray aka many Friends, wish death, tiny blood in my ear, dug and.
Speaker 7: Not just Pete.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to see the state and if it is deep a great per tide to take my life away.
Speaker 1: He put a hole in my libe.
Speaker 6: Now at tackling me, the mess up, the hairy grab my shoes please, Jadie's my pick offing you billy the judge my case.
Speaker 1: It wave many faith, many mint.
Speaker 6: I'm having to do that. You have to do a tight mate anyway. Yeah, he has a very does not move his mouth. It's fifty cent famously anyway, shot of Christy. I'm a Gucci man on the discord for that one.
Speaker 1: Rendition.
Speaker 6: Although a lot of people, yeah, were like, we can't let Trump have that. We can't let Trump have that. That's that's a borderline.
Speaker 1: Negro spiritual. Do not do not take that. Do not take that, Donald Trump. You cannot have that. Well beautifully written, beautifully delivered, and we can just retire it at that point, we don't, we don't need anymore.
Speaker 6: Don't stop the show because I did a Trump assassination related aka, we're not gonna have a.
Speaker 1: I have to retire from the Daily. We have suspended all future creative collaborations because of that was the line. That was the line, and you just crossed it. Buster way to go pal Miles. We are thrilled, we are blessed legitimately to be joined in our third and fourth seats by the host of the Very Far a Horror Movie podcast, Kim and Katt Stay Alive. Maybe it's Kim Burns and reporter Martin. We're we're so, we're so gad to have you. Also so sweaty. I think you guys talk about your sweaty podcast recorders as well, right we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this summer, it's bikini season recording for sure.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, And if you join our Patreon you can see me just sweat just pouring off the entire space.
Speaker 1: Yeah down, Yeah, I just have a constantly expanding sweat patch on the back of my T shirt at all. Yeah, you can time the podcast by it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're like it's reached the pit like.
Speaker 1: A Civil War general's facial hairs.
Speaker 2: We get the super sexy under boob sweat, which is just.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yeah to the back yeah, full circle.
Speaker 1: Because anyone, I mean, this feels like a universal problem for breast having people is the under boots? What are there?
Speaker 6: Has anyone even just just tried to make an invention, like is it? Is there any they don't work.
Speaker 3: On women's issues.
Speaker 2: We're not. It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not unless it's like a boner pill.
Speaker 1: We also we have the Jewel Cooler, which I guess would work for everybody I've been. I've been on Twitter too much. I've been an assassination has really fucked me up, and somehow it does not. It is a tube that connects from your car air conditioned vents and like creates a little hose that goes up your shorts.
Speaker 3: That went in so many different directions that I wasn't expecting.
Speaker 1: Every word, Yeah, just blast your uh undercarriage like.
Speaker 6: Us b underwear were like the crotch area like has like a refrigerator.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Can you do something that I don't know if you can do a system that small, I don't know. Look, I don't anything about engineer.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you can. You have those vibrating panties that have to have some sort of electrical situation happening. I'm sure that you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess a fan. Yeah, it would be a micro fan. Yeah. Well yeah, and so what you bought a couple the Jewel cooler, Yeah, one pant leg. I need thing from both from both angles. Now I need to jewel cooler. Duel cooler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I guess that would work as well. We just put it down cleavage.
Speaker 1: I thought it was disgusting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks like someone's oh.
Speaker 1: My god, hold on, let me share about the second and third use of that.
Speaker 6: What no photo of like the guy using it makes me not one of my.
Speaker 3: God, it looks like a breathalyzer.
Speaker 1: It looks that sucks your dick.
Speaker 6: It looks yeah, or like one of those like what you know, It's like it's using that same plastic for like those telescopic toy kids from.
Speaker 1: Back in the day.
Speaker 6: It was like, yeah, yeah, it sounds and you're like, whipp it apart. But then guys like dude, I hooked it up to my air vent to just blow on my nut.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, I guess you can only have chill balls in the car, like if you're anywhere else. Fuck your balls is what this product is.
Speaker 1: Hybuck your balls. That is our That is our policy on this podcast. You can get that on National Tattoo. Fyb your balls. Great, Well, we're thrilled to have you here. We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about on today episode JD Vance, which it was reported the J and D stands for Chance Dance, so it's Jance Dance. Van is the VP pick uninspired? I don't know. It didn't inspire me, but apparently it's gonna inspire a whole lot of money. Well, Tea coming in to the campaign, so we'll talk about that. We will talk about the RNC had its first day where I think, while you listen to this, where it's like in a third day, but they're going in an interesting direction with regards to sensitivity towards the assassination attempt on their dear leader. One of the things that you can do at the RNC is win a free AR fifteen. So the very device used to attempt to assassinate Donald Trump, you can win. You can win a free one. Cool. Cool. So we use it for like other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a political violence.
Speaker 1: It's for faral hogs.
Speaker 3: It's a regular violence. Yeah yeah, and school violence.
Speaker 1: Yes, not political. Just don't shoot us.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we are going to talk about breaking coming to the Olympics and then promptly disappearing from the Olympics, which they Yeah, they've already canceled it for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 6: That's like the one thing I'm fucking really looking forward to seeing how they do this, and if.
Speaker 1: It goes enough, they'll probably figure something.
Speaker 3: Why cancel it before it happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We'll we have plenty of cardboard in LA that we can set down on the ground for them. I know, Like that's the thing is they're having it for Paris, not not immediately associated with breakdancing and then cancer for La one of.
Speaker 2: The just you just lost all your Parisian breakdancing listeners.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's great dancing and pair but not great break is not what I associate the one more of a cotillion I like to join. That's right, all right, Kim Kett, Can I call you Kit? Yeah? Of course? All right, all right, Before we get to any of that bullshit, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Well? I am currently searching how to move your kiddy cats to whales. Oh, it is significantly more complicated than one would think, and I add complications to it in that I have very high standards for my children.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: So that is my current Google deep dive that I'm working on it, and so far I'm displeased to learn that the it's looking like private jet is my only option.
Speaker 6: So what what do you mean, like in a way that isn't like we'll put them in the bottom of the aircraft. They could die under their don't pretty much like that's the horror story with flying with pets is like exactly, and I.
Speaker 2: Just too long, Yeah, and I just shan't. But also the UK has like some weird thing where they like, I don't want my cats flying directly, I mean not just my cats, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think specifically enteringeted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know, I have to do some weird rigamarole flying into another country and driving through the ocean or something like that. So that's what I'm currently googling.
Speaker 1: Working damn driving through the ocean James Bond style, Yeah, exactly, cyber truck for that. What are waterproof unless it's raining, I think Elon said, as a cyber boat, I don't know, unless the water is coming sprinkling from the sky. Yeah, you don't. You have to be in car wash mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I already have a dumpster, so I don't think I need it.
Speaker 1: What the car wash mode do? I know we've talked about that before, but like does does car wash mode?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: Actually it just like roll the windows up? What I'm very compute? Anyways, Well, I don't know. I don't want to derail the podcast, Kim. What's something closes.
Speaker 6: All windows, locks, the chargeboard, disables windshield wipers, sentry mode, walk away door locking, and parking censor times.
Speaker 1: That's on a on a Model three. And then probably.
Speaker 2: It had like go go gadget.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I was picturing the gadget like lockdown yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Or like the man like the Tim Burton Batman armor mode and.
Speaker 1: I want to walk what I was picturing?
Speaker 6: But you got it, Miles, Yeah, you're I know you're talking about Tim Burton's batmobile.
Speaker 1: Baby. Yeah, how are you? Kim? What's something from your search history? Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, it's been tough times and something happened to me over the pandemic that's never happened before. Where I started watching reality TV and I got really obsessed with ninety Day Fiance. So like the most recent thing I was researching was the Island Chicken music video because I just wanted to see, like how many hits they actually have. Not sure you guys are familiar with it, but it was.
Speaker 1: Less than from It's UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I watched them all. I had some time on my hands, and so I went from zero to every single episode that's ever been made of Ninety Day Fiance And now I can't stop. And it's just it helps me get through life.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Yeah, soja boy has a lot of great material.
Speaker 3: Soja Boy has some pops.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 2: You said it as if like this tragic, horrible thing happened to you during the pandemic, and it was I mean, and then you said you watched all of ninety Day Fiance, so I guess it did fit.
Speaker 6: Actually, Yeah, you described one of my passions in life.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: We could have a whole podcast about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to start a long podcast. We smoke weed and talk about it.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm in.
Speaker 1: What is something you guys think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Kim and I talk about this a lot. You know, we received majors and you know, so my dad paid money for me to learn how to you know, breathe and sound and roll around on the ground pretending I'm a puppy, you know that kind of thing. And yeah, and we've gotten a lot of flak for it over the years. But now in this day and age, we're like, everything is tragic. No one knows how to process their emotions. Everyone is a ball of anxiety. I'm pulling out a lot of theater exercises to process my daily life. And so that theater degree, Oh, Kim, and I breathe and sound into the daily Which.
Speaker 1: Sound can you do? Is a vocalation? Vocalation exactly, but from a swamp swamp every day? Well, freeze jewel jewels? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My theater degree is is is not looking so stupid.
Speaker 1: Now, Dad, when you've taken a lot of about it over the years. Is it just from your dad?
Speaker 2: Honestly, my dad is probably the most supportive one.
Speaker 1: What you know, other people, Dad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dad, So Skip shout out to Skip Skip and peg quarter. They they're they're the best. But uh no, other people you know, you're like, oh, what's your degree? Theater? And you just you get looks.
Speaker 1: You get as a as a philosophy major.
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, how is philosophy helping you through this tragedy. We call a country.
Speaker 1: Every day, you know, I just read a little dairy. How about you, Kim, What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Bubble baths? I love a bubble bath. I'm just obsessed. I think they heal everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes fining presence for her really easy too.
Speaker 1: I just, oh, I bet anywhere I.
Speaker 3: Just stuck for bath. Just throw everything in the bubble bath.
Speaker 6: Are you like a like a self described bubble bather like you would say like if people are and you're like, oh, hell yeah, I know with the core.
Speaker 1: What's the what's like the standard bubble bath?
Speaker 6: Like I'm just thinking of like child bubble bath things, So I don't I know, not of what the professional would use. My Oh my gosh, sir, I use dish soap because that's the bubble up.
Speaker 3: Really good, Lord in Heaven.
Speaker 1: No, you need to get a lot of bubbles.
Speaker 3: You need a scent. It's an aromatherapy situation. It's not just bubbles, like how do you want to feel? And then you bring that sentence and then candles. I bring my whole computer in there. I'm watching movies. I'm watching ninety Day fiance up in the bubble. Man, you have no idea I live in there.
Speaker 2: Kim, You're not watching movies, You're only watching ninety dots.
Speaker 1: It's just that's your saying, another bubble bath out here.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm bathing. Actually I'm not even watching against it take hours, not actually watching the movies for your podcast and just being no she chilling details with.
Speaker 2: She does relate a lot of things back to ninety eight and then gets really excited that I don't watch it because then she kind of has to describe the story.
Speaker 3: To me, you know, so everything relates back to dance.
Speaker 6: I know exactly what that feeling is like, Kim. That look in your co host eyes as they roll back disinterest.
Speaker 1: Actually point to my eyes when they're rolling like engage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's something you guys think it's overrated being awake?
Speaker 2: Honestly, right now, I just I just feel like there's just so many times that I'm just like, I don't know what else to do other than take a nap. I need to. It's like tapping out. It's like closing the laptop screen of reality, and I just need to do that so often, and I just feel like there's so many like who what wouldn't be solved by people taking a nap, like all of the the assholes, the oppressors, take a nap, Just take a nash hush shush hi and good.
Speaker 1: Night, so they don't enter your they don't enter your dreams too Freddy style.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's Freddy Krueger's style for me.
Speaker 1: Then I have dreams like I'm in the Resource Wars.
Speaker 2: That's true. Kim and I are actually not afraid of Freddy Krueger. We already know how we would defeat him, and mine would be punching up all of his one liners, and Kim's would be either laughing sincerely at them and complimenting him on his.
Speaker 3: One you are or you're so Yeah, I just become Freddy Kruger.
Speaker 2: Or what's worse is and I've been on the receiving end of this, and it hurts if if you make a joke you don't get and Kim doesn't think it's funny. There's no polite laughter, there's no like a good one. It's just a blank stare where you just feel like you have all the time in the world to contemplate where you went wrong in every aspect of your life.
Speaker 1: He'd just cut off something. Take it never mind.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear the joke again?
Speaker 1: Did you not get it?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? So I don't Freddy your dreams in my naps.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about making jokes. Making jokes to my mom should do the same thing. Just be like it was.
Speaker 6: It's the facial equivalent of like, so you're into that. Huh, that's you're proud of that one.
Speaker 2: It's it's just it's debilitating. It sticks like you.
Speaker 1: It's worse than like someone saying, dude, shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I'd like and I would welcome Kim being like you are such a dumb bitch, Like I would welcome it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sometimes that's all you have to offer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it. It's power though, it's power, its power, it's power. Yeah, I appreciate that. I appreciate those displays of power.
Speaker 1: Being awake. I feel that I had to do. You ever like remember your dream too well? Like I had a dream last night. Yeah, and it was just like I spent the whole night looking for a bag and it was like just it was like I know I left it in this house, this cottage on this floor and just it was not there and I would just keep it was so boring and so frustrating and just like so I don't know.
Speaker 2: But were you able to trace it back to like something that you're struggling with in your consciousness.
Speaker 1: No, I just I just came back from a trip and probably there was like some stress that I'd leave a bag behind. It's like very straightforward, nothing interesting or like, you know, no textures, just like yeah, and what was in the bag. It was my mom No, it wasn't. It was just like some clothes or some ship. Anyways. So I agree. I love sleep, especially that moment like as you're drifting off when like the brain chemicals just start dumping in yeah oh yeah. But then yeah, the dreams, my dreams. I just have notes for my dream like some network. Yeah, mine are fucking weird. Yeah, last night I had one.
Speaker 6: I was I was working at an immersive theme park like as a tour guide, but also I had to I know, but here's the thing. I had to pee, so like in real life it was time for me to pee, and yeah I got.
Speaker 1: To pee, but like I'm still doing this tour and it was like torn between like ah, fuck, what do I do? And then pardon me?
Speaker 6: Was like, dude, I got to piss, and then I just kind of came out of the dream and then I tried to catch it, like going back, you know how sometimes like I'm.
Speaker 1: Going back in.
Speaker 2: You just the best.
Speaker 3: You have to pee.
Speaker 6: No, it's been a while I've not like the closest I've come because I used to like.
Speaker 1: As a kid, I remember my dreams when I pee the bed.
Speaker 6: I was peeing in the dream, like I found a bathroom and I started peeing, and then I like, oh, spaghettio bles, my bed is all wet. But now when I in a dream, when I see the bathroom, like I think i've I'm aware.
Speaker 1: Enough of my dreams, I'm like, oh, bro, you you're about to piss the bed.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you did that when he was drunk a lot.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, without the dreams, I just did it.
Speaker 1: It was my calling card for a number of years. What Kim, what is something you think is underrated or over it? Let's go overrated. Let's try that.
Speaker 3: I had a hard time with this one, but so I did have to google some options. I wasn't sure. I put unboxing videos oh, don't get it. I don't know if those are still a thing. I think for kids, like the best like the biggest kid YouTubers are like unboxers. Yeah, but I don't get it, Like why do I watch you, yeah, get a pretty cool thing, and then I don't have that cool thing, and then I.
Speaker 1: Just watch you have it.
Speaker 6: I think if you know you have no chance of getting it, then the next best thing is watching someone open it and just so you can see what all the cool stuff that it comes with is someone who would watch them and be.
Speaker 1: Like why the fuck?
Speaker 6: Because like when I watched them, I felt like it was right after I forget which financial crash, but one of them, I was like, oh man, what's in this?
Speaker 1: Like what's in this new fangled like tech thing that I can't afford? And I'm like, oh, that's cool, that's cool. And then but I, yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 2: I don't I think I'm too covetous of a.
Speaker 1: Person you'd covet your neighbors unboxing. Oh so you're just like mad that they got it, and yeah, fuck you. Yeah, you're just saying you think you're better than me under your breath the whole time. It feels like that feels like.
Speaker 6: An only child thing. Like I feel like I would be doing that as an only child, like fuck, because I remember I remember being at birthday parties as a kid. I'm like, bro, they got that.
Speaker 1: Fuck like like them? No, I'd be like, man, I would have. I would have played the funk out of that toy. But then it's throw it on their pilots have one hundred toys.
Speaker 2: It just got I would just befriend them so that I could go over to their house.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and break it so they can never have it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or try to be like we're trying to bring like a less cool toy over and be like, look who this thing is. You can have it if you want. Maybe I can. We can trade it for like I don't know, like that that thing that's not even that cool at all.
Speaker 1: I heard it's like for babies. Dude, Yeah, it's whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean like this is like, this is cool. It's like a laser toy from Japan. But I take a toy to help you out, just to help you out, dude.
Speaker 1: Wow? Oh really you like that want the back of the nose laughter. I feel like that's.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, wait, so that was on your wish list?
Speaker 2: Really like back of the nose laughter as a description. That's great. I'm gonna steal that.
Speaker 1: Watch out, he's litigious, will come after you. Yeah, and everything you own. If I ever hear you saying that.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of think back of the nose laughing is for babies, though, don't you think.
Speaker 1: I was just joking about being I think it sucks. Actually whatever, what else, it's yours, it's yours. Actually, I fucking hate it. I think it's fun. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about jd Vance. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and the Dvance Man jd Vance. Yeah, he was announced Monday. Yeah a while. It's been a while, but it just took us a while to get our head around it.
Speaker 6: And also, yeah, you'll I'm sure you heard us talk about it on the Trending episode from Tuesday. But yeah, as we as as we know, jd Vance is Trump's p pick dance and it was announced in a pretty non trumpy way. Like most people that like probably would have expected some weird ass pageant where he's like get everybody line up, and who is it gonna be?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, that that fake passes a VP football at somebody. She just flinched. Little Marco tells you fuck out of here. It's a joke, you fucking loser. You fired, fired, You're fired, you preak. So it did.
Speaker 6: It was not like that at all, and you thought, you know that there would be some kind of coronation by Trump a ka Van Goll in his Orange period. But it caught most people at the r n C that were like in the building off guard, like like Trump just posted the truth social just very casually and was like, yeah, I'm selecting JD. Vance to be my vice president pick. And a lot of people on the even convention floor didn't notice until Mike Lee from Utah, the Senator, like announced it during the open role call where he's like, our delegates are for Donald Trump and also his vice president pick and my colleague JD.
Speaker 1: Vance. Everyone's like huh eh, oh okay, and then they were clapping.
Speaker 6: But aside from the lackluster announcement, Vance is like an is an interesting pick for Trump because typically you pick someone as a running mate to help like bolster your like likability or increase support from a certain voting block. Vance is very trumpy, like he's all in on the culture war bullshit. He hates women, he hates immigrants like you get it, fucking hates divorce, all of that shit. And he appeals to like the hardcore ultra maga set, but is not necessarily appealing to moderates because like, just just to juxtapose some information here. So when he ran for a Senate seat in twenty twenty two in Ohio, GOP governor Mike DeWine won sixty three to thirty seven, Vance underperformed ten points fifty three to four forty seven. So even on that like down ticket, some people are like, I prefer Tim Ryan over JD.
Speaker 1: Vance.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people are like, there are a lot of people who would vote like a GOP person at the higher ticket, but then maybe be go a little bit more moderate on another office. So some people are like, oh, that might not help, But again I who knows, but this like, if whoever's gonna vote for Donald Trump's going to vote for Donald Trump, and I think it's gonna be all about turnout more than like what they can what they can pick off at the margins. Although sure there are some swing voters. I don't even know who these people really are, like intellectually at this point or like philosophically.
Speaker 1: Is what pushed me over the edge, Miles, I told you before. This is they got me with this one, with jd Vance the most likely hiring piece of shit. Also, not that this matters to me, but historically it has mattered when it comes to politicians height. But Trump very derisive of Marco Rubio for being little Marco Rubio. Mark Rubio's five to nine. Jd Vance is five to seven. He's like a lot shorter the Marco Rubio. Which this is.
Speaker 6: What's really interesting because people again, right if Donald Trump is six three and J. D Vance is five to seven, oh.
Speaker 1: Huh oh the lift.
Speaker 2: I'm interesting.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering, how do you know what I mean, he's reported six, he claims he's six, He's not six.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance thing is like fake news. I don't know, Like, yeah, it seems way too short, but yeah.
Speaker 6: If you I mean this is again, I mean, this is where we need Starley Kain again from Miss Show, to be like how tall is jd Vance?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Trump also hates facial hair, which is weird that he's yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but when you're looking at his his voter base, it's not weird that he chose somebody with a beard, but it is he does despite the beard. Like JD.
Speaker 6: Vans, I think he says like he looks really young without facial hair, so he prefers it because he's he's thirty nine, he's going to be forty like in August, so he's super young. I mean for like this would be like maybe the third or fourth youngest vice president. But also Trump has said on the records, like his beautiful blue eyes, which can be.
Speaker 1: He kind of like he has like very striking eyes, which is like a thing like you wouldn't you look at him from a distance, You're like, this is just some yokel. You look up close, you are transported by his eyes. Unfortunately, I do have to I do have to do it. There was speculation about him wearing eyeliner.
Speaker 6: They're like, do you have that like he's got that natural fake ass eyelash thing going on?
Speaker 1: Where you got the natural eyeliner or are you in do you have that natural thick ass eyeliner going on?
Speaker 6: That like natural eyeliner thing going off, or do you look like somebody who has like a thirty seconds to mars Field cover band and.
Speaker 2: In the early two thousands in the emo era with that natural eyeliner.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if that was.
Speaker 6: His campaign and him he's like, no eyeliner here, dog. So I don't know who knows, who knows if it matters, just.
Speaker 1: The wildlifts and full MASc era going on. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, So now people are like, Okay, how did we get to this, because like in the last few weeks it felt like it's like it's gonna be Marco Rubio or Doug Bergham, like they both felt like safe, these like safe GOP kind of picks and had a lot of support from Trump's big donors.
Speaker 1: A lot of the big donors were like out on JD.
Speaker 6: Vance, Like even before this, they're like, dude, we don't want Vance, Like we want one of these guys who understands the hill.
Speaker 1: This guy's too green. We don't like this.
Speaker 6: That's not how we're going to bring in the fourth Reich no way. So it turns out that Trump had a lot of people in his ear recently telling him to go with Vance, like Tucker Carlson and Elon Musk are two of the bigger names that were vouching for the former Peterkeel linked venture capitalist in JD.
Speaker 1: Vance.
Speaker 6: So it seems that he's Silicon Valley's pick since he is familiar with the venture capital world. And it seems that Trump has been rewarded for picking Vance because it was also recently reported by The Wall Street Journal that Elon Musk will now be donating forty five million dollars a month to a Trump supporting super pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like this started making sense to me. Is that. Yeah, I didn't know Vance was like a Teal Musk like part, like basically a creature of that in the way that Pence was like the Koch Brothers, you know, puppet. Yeah, he Vance is like the Teal Musk, you know, figurehead who's just like out in front doing their bidding. And it feels almost like a an incredibly cocky pick by Trump where he's like not even thinking about politics, like he's he's really just he's so confident that he's just aligning all the most powerful people in the world on his side with this pick. Like the day before he announced this pick, Musk announced that he was endorsing Trump. Then Trump announces the pick, and then it's forty million dollars a month. Forty five, Yeah, forty five.
Speaker 3: So so you think it's the money, not the sparkly eyes.
Speaker 1: The money in the power, I mean, Musk is like terrorized power can Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I also think that that also makes sense to me why the announcement was so lackluster in almost like a petty way, because I don't I think that I think that Trump doesn't like being specifically bought in that way, and I think that he had no choice but to accept the forty five million a month from Elon Musk. And then the difference is that he's like, but you have to go with Van So I think, you know, it's his ego being like, fine, I'll go with your guy, but like, I'm not going to roll up the red carpet for him was what it felt like.
Speaker 6: It's interesting, well because I think with anything right, like every subsequent attempt at office has been about him consolidating power and like and only really like bringing in the people that he wants to. So like, yeah, he pushed out the evangelicals when they were doing making or voting on the platform last week and he's clearly like I can do this without you, like I know other GOP people would have bowed to you. I'm gonna just I'm gonna keep my distance to do it my way. And this feels like if he's turning his back on like the traditional big donor class, then yeah, like to your point, the tech money feels like a safe bet. But Elon Musk he denied, Like the Wall Street Journal tweeted that and then Elon Musk denied it with like a stupid ass meme. But the Wall Street Journal they came back and they're like, we don't get like, no, we stand by our reporting, like we one percent stand by this bront care what this fool says.
Speaker 1: And when you look at the actual pack, like who is.
Speaker 6: Reportedly being like behind it, it's a lot of people that are part of Elon's social circle. It's like it's reportedly run by this guy Joe Lonsdale, who's a co founder of Palenteer and a close associate of Elon Musk. There's another guy who's Antonio Gracias, who's a private equity person and a board director at SpaceX. Yeah, Antonio, Tony shut out, Tony thanks out.
Speaker 1: Here give it a million dollars.
Speaker 6: And then there's another guy, Ken Howary who's an early PayPal exach who worked alongside Musk. Like it's all people who are just close to him that are involved with this specific super pac. So yeah, it does feel like a like a power consolidation move. And like a lot of people have said, like jd Vance has spoken out, He's like, I'm against big tech, like we ned, and he applauded Biden going after Google. But I think this is as I was reading like a more Silicon Valley specific news, It's like the smaller.
Speaker 1: Startup world, the venture capital world.
Speaker 6: They want these big companies broken up because they're gobbling up too much of the market. So it benefits them to break down those monopolies so then they can now sort of replace them. And like when you look at people like Elon Musk, you would love to have something that he could be up there with the Google or the Metas of the world. But we'll see, it's a lot a lot of trading.
Speaker 1: Going on behind the scenes. It looks like, do you guys.
Speaker 2: See what I mean about being awake?
Speaker 1: Like it just right, this is a fucking yeah. Now that you mentioned holy shit, this sucks.
Speaker 2: It sucks, like break on, Freddy Krueger, Like, honestly, Freddy Krueger twenty twenty four, you know what I'm saying, Like I.
Speaker 1: Just can't at least he thinks are funny, you know, Yeah, so you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kim thinks are funny too.
Speaker 1: Kim pretend and then Adam and question, Yeah, I am curious, like listeners who live in or work in Silicon Valley, like, have you felt a palpable change in just the overall vibe because it's you know, as recently as the Obama administration was pretty pretty much a given that like everybody in the tech world and all the tech money was on the democratic side of things, even though they there were these like libertarian ideals on regirding a lot of it. And now it feels like we're headed in a direction like we've talked about there being like are we headed for another like Reagan eighties type thing where like all the power and all the money and even like some parts of the mainstream culture are just like on this like right wing fascist tip, Like I wonder if we're not headed in that direction, because it feels like things are moving in a mega fascism libertarian tech billionaire direction, and that is like a that is terrifying, Like this version of the next Trump administration with like a musk deeal, you know, like with with the tech industry like lined up on his side. Like then we're kind of like that the tech world is so deeply ingrained in our modern lives it would be.
Speaker 3: Hard to see getting bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Zaslov recently was like, hey, I'm not picking a side in this election. I just want whoever is going to be before deregulation of these massive like tech or media consolidations, which is trun He's like, I'm just gonna I would just prefer whoever is going to do what Trump is gonna do exactly. So it's just all the most powerful people are lining up on Trump's side.
Speaker 6: Someone who's like against body autonomy, and yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Feeling like a little oh this is maybe good because no one he's full maga, So no one knew was being brought to the side like they're not going to get the quote unquote undecided voters. But now when you're putting it this way, now I'm even more scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh, now what happens if they win, but it does.
Speaker 3: They're getting money, and then people I thought were on the different side, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Well there's they're like, you know, recently, there's just been more and more.
Speaker 6: Outwardly sort of vocal conservatives in tech, you know what I mean. And yeah, I think they're they have a ton of money and they want to go against the traditional powers like you know, the fucking Apple, Google.
Speaker 1: You know, that whole thing.
Speaker 3: And that's why I was going to ask, because they have less regulations, like what is the well.
Speaker 6: I think the big thing it's like I think the if they're looking at the entire industry, it's like if they can dilute the power of like the major companies, that creates more opportunity for them to profit because of their like diminished influence. So that's like a good business opportunity for these like for the sort of.
Speaker 1: World them, just without the fascism. Like, yeah, I think it's bad to have massive, massive tech companies that are like more powerful than the government.
Speaker 2: You know, I also hate fascism.
Speaker 8: Hey look it up. And just to be clear, Just to be clear, I h eight make it a little accessible for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that's like my read on it is that he's just like lining up the most powerful people because he's assuming, he's already assuming he won. Like we heard, did you guys hear the r f K, the leaked RFK call with Trump. He RFK just took a video of Trump like calling him. An r f K is like looking at the phone like frowning, like what the fuck's happening? And Trump's just talking for two minutes. Yeah, but he's like, I'm fucking killing the guy, like this one's over, like it's a rap. You should join up. I'm gonna win. And that feels like where he's at you I can't hear the audio, Okay, you hear it. Turn up. We send a little bit more of this out to internet world.
Speaker 9: Frozener, No, no, no, I'm just deep in thought. Okay, that's this better?
Speaker 10: Yeah, when you when.
Speaker 11: When you feed a baby Bobby vaccination, feed them a vaccination due both of these guys are fucking cooked man.
Speaker 1: Anyways, what else? What else?
Speaker 10: All of a sudden starting to change?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called a baby g growing maybe too for it's I got a call from Joe and we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Way ahead of the guy.
Speaker 10: The guy and you know, he said it was very nice. Actually he called.
Speaker 1: And he said, choose to move. I said, I said, you know, I was.
Speaker 10: I was looked at straight up, he said.
Speaker 1: I said, I was just showing a jar.
Speaker 10: And I didn't have to tell.
Speaker 1: Him the shark was all the people pouring into a gunch.
Speaker 10: But uh, I'm gonna just turned my head to show the jar and something ratch. Man, it sounded like a ghiant like the World's watches mosquito and it was.
Speaker 6: It was a bullet and it was it was a bullet and it was and it was.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because my friend's mom. Her first reaction was, do you think it was just a really big mosquito because the mosquitoes are really bad right now when he like that when the video for happened and he like touched his head and then came up with the blood, but she was like, the mosquitoes are really bad, and were about his mom saying that too, And then this comes out. We're like, oh my god, shout.
Speaker 2: Out to join so some like do they know I know that they were wondering if it was like shattered.
Speaker 1: Glass or something. The bullet hit him a piece of glass. We don't. We don't know.
Speaker 6: He says bullet because that's the most dramatic and it could be glass. But either way, the fact means he's he did get shot at, so yeah, he'll just take whatever liberties he wants with that.
Speaker 1: It is the I mean, my takeaways from that call. It's revealing how like buddy buddy at all is behind the scenes. Like Joe called me, he's very nice. Actually said this funny thing, and it was anyways, the bullet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he asked me, how did I know how to turn my head to the right. It's like he was talking about like how he won like a fucking local golf.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exhausting, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just holding the phone out just in debt. Like if you've ever like done, like done that thing where someone keeps talking and you're in the room with someone and you like point to the phone and you're like to listen to this. He doesn't even make an encouraging sound throughout the course of trump. He's not like, I don't Yeah, it's just anyway.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't hear it anyway, you know.
Speaker 1: But he's he's so charmed by the fact that he got a call from the President. He's like, it was actually really crazy the President called me.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like there are ways in like he seemed to be at a peak with the photo up and the surviving you know, just adds to this idea that he's like this invincible, charmed person.
Speaker 2: But then like, never hearing the end of this, We're never hearing the end of this.
Speaker 3: But honestly, things change so quickly we probably will, right somehow, something else is going to come up. And then when he.
Speaker 1: Takes jd VNS, he's not very likable. It is like a less well known Ted Cruz. Then he has like a stupid looking bandage on his ear, the thing which I thought he would like that would be stage managed better than that. Then he gets caught comparing the bullet to a mosquito, and then it's revealed he's golfing the day after. And then he doesn't even call the family of the supporter who got killed by a stray shot like that does like he's kind of fumbling the bag a little bit, which I mean, is like a weird thing to say in such a serious situation.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but I think that's just like that's just how the GOP moves in general, like they they they need it just for a flashpoint to be like you see what they're doing to us, and then they don't know how to really play that out much further because if you think about it again, like you we mentioned too, someone fucking shot at their godhead figure head, and they're not even fucking talking about gun connection guns.
Speaker 8: Like they can't even like they can't even.
Speaker 1: C intellectually go there with this.
Speaker 6: So well, you know, some people they're just monsters, but you know, got to have those guns.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they are giving away as you mentioned, uh in the intro, they're giving away a free air fifteen at a booth at the RNC, giving away the gun that was used to attempt to murder their godhead.
Speaker 3: And did kill someone and like many people in our country, many many, many people, including children, you know, people's.
Speaker 1: But they don't care about that. The booth is run by the US Concealed Carry Association, a group looking to promote their membership and fill the NRA's void, also behind a bunch of dark money that is battling gun control laws. So that can that's like, that's like it's the idea of the US Concealed Carry Association even sounds more vile than the NRA somehow, where it's like, yeah, we're about like sport guns, like no man, every person it has that thang on them. It goes where you imagine like if everybody at that thing had been armed, like how many people would be dead? Like anyway, The Rolling Stone asked the US Control Carry Association rep at the who's manning the booth, whether anyone was touchy touchy about giving away air fifteen's right after the Trump shooting, and they said that it was merely a tool that had been used for something really terrible, like straight up, that could have been a wrench or a screwdriver that that guy threw or shoot the president. Yeah, you know what, are we going to ban shoes now? Anyways?
Speaker 3: Sure remember that guy like threw shoes at like g w oh, yeah, but he lived. He was fine. He caught them, yeah, threw them back. Everyone was good.
Speaker 1: Did he catch it and throw it back?
Speaker 3: He kind of wanted it.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, honestly, like he dodged it in a pretty athletic way. Like the clip was actually like kind of impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God damn, these fucking Republican presidents. Whenever somebody tries to go at them, they always do something impressive. I was just watching the Reagan clip where like six years after somebody after the attempted assassination of balloon popped and he like paused and was like missed me, Like, oh my god. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and close it out. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and the Olympics are still going to happen. Yes, yes, we're preparing for the Olympics. Wild and potty Games kick off in just over a week. A lot of attention is still being focused on the swimming events. Uh, it's normal event, find a new angle. It's just that they're holding some of the distant swimming events and triathlon in the Scent River despite the fact that it's still contaminated with E. COLI. Okay, we get it, big deal. People are directly in the pool. But these people are swimming in fine angle.
Speaker 3: Is there no other body of water in the country of France the people can swim in.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it was it's like they had this vision that they just like, yeah, like it had to be in the Seine. It's iconic.
Speaker 6: That's what a perfect encapsulation for just generally, how like humanity's movements, like, don't do the thing, man, it's all fucked up. You're like, we're gonna do this, No man, no man, open mouth.
Speaker 2: Mouth swimming. They're actually to the to the event strokes and then open mouthed swimming.
Speaker 1: How was this you were there? Did the sent smell like doo doo or as they necessarily smell more or less like do doo than you would know? Yeah, then rivers that I've been around, it smelled like a river that runs through a city.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the camera angle, I mean that thing runs right by the Eiffel Tower, and the Eiffel Tower has the Olympic rings on it, so there can be some cool shots and that's all the Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all just you got to do it for the gram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta do it for exactly. Someone takes a big breath and the swimmers want to do it. We'll find new swimmers. People don't know the difference between a professional level swimmer and just somebody who can swim, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the official the official motto of the Olympics. This year. Doing it for the gram Doing.
Speaker 1: It got to I feel like that's the motto.
Speaker 3: Of twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the Trump's entire persona is just like, man, that guy is really telegenic.
Speaker 6: Or like people who are like, I'm going to Death Valley to experience one hundred and twenty eight degree temperatures and like, did it for the Graham though, I had to pose would that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know that's not just a cute nickname Death Valley, that's yeah, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: It's what happens there.
Speaker 1: The big event, the new event that's gotten a lot of attention in no way involved swimming through feces. It is breaking aka break dancing aka break in. And we talked about this a few years ago when it was first introduced to the twenty eighteen Summer Youth Games and they announced that it was going to be in Paris, and I don't know, like people like this. There are squash players who are up in arms about this because squash was not included in the Olympics. They're like, oh, but there, it's an absolute mockery mate. They Australia, they were Welsh, right, Yeah, Miles handles mockery.
Speaker 3: It's I don't be fair though I had to google what squash was, and I didn't have to google what break dancing was.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Squash is another It's correct me if I'm wrong. It is another ball plus racket type of situations.
Speaker 1: Pickleball, racket racketball. It's racketball. If the ball didn't bounce as.
Speaker 2: Much, got it so less fun?
Speaker 1: Yes? Exactly? Cool y racketball, you know how racketball. You're like, I love watching this sport, but it's a little too care don't anyway, it's too much going on, too fun. I need I need you to calm this one down for me. Anyway. Some pass sports is being you know, if if you're going to hear an elderly relative be like, what intarnation is this? You can point out that pass sports have included. They tried to make competitive dog grooming a sport. They did make in the nineteen hundred Paris Games pigeon shooting an event.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: The one that I think should be brought back is dueling. They tried to, but it kind of sucked because they were just shooting mannequins dressed in frock coats. That was during the nineteen twelve games.
Speaker 3: They just had to beat them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just had to like turn in like.
Speaker 3: Oh faster than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It does make sense though, because dueling is how they settled personal conflicts back then, and break dancing battles is how we settle them today.
Speaker 6: So in my town, these are real battles that we're talking about. You know what other sport and calls it a battle.
Speaker 1: No, just breaking.
Speaker 2: So sold I'm sold on this.
Speaker 1: Probably a little bit more athletic than murdering birds and giving haircuts to dogs. But it's unusual for modern games in some specific ways, like the judges need to show their own breaking moves before the competition like that that. Yeah, it's like, bro, can you even do a windmill? Like, I'm sorry, I'm both I'm a modern dance instructor. I don't know much about breaking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you judges should have to do that.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Like if the if the figure skating judges had to like go out and do break dance, I'll give you a double ancel. I don't even need to triple axle. Just give me a double you do. I need to see three. I need to see that three a yeah, but this is that is a breakdancing tradition called Judges showcase and it should be fun.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I like it, yeah, like get your body ready.
Speaker 6: I think for me to just as someone who like coming up in like the DJ like B boy scene and high school. Like the whole fun of it, Like if you're the DJ is like the battle, like the break the breakbeat records you put on for people to break to.
Speaker 1: That is the knowing that like they don't have any licensing ship, they don't have the music, so it's going to be like weird official like eliminits. How do you fun.
Speaker 3: Just break dancing to the Olympics. I don't know. I'm sorry, boom.
Speaker 2: Actually they've actually hired they just hired Kim to do it.
Speaker 1: It's like are you ready to break?
Speaker 6: Here we go five six, seven eight. This is just some default Cisco hold music we got because they don't you can't license anything else.
Speaker 1: Like that's what it feels like. But don't tell me.
Speaker 2: You're not excited when that sick beat drops on Hold. Okay, it's but here's my question. I forgive me if this is a dumb question, but.
Speaker 1: Like I will not be able to I just have I'll just leave.
Speaker 2: If it's bad, I'll I'll just go It's the Olympics, you know what I mean. I'd imagine there's some money behind it, there's some press, there's there's a machine behind it. I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to get the licensing, especially because we have other competitions that use license music like figure skating, gymnastics all of that. So I don't even understand the mechanism by which that would be an issue.
Speaker 1: It continues the great tradition of our modern world of just spending all the money in the exact wrong places. Yeah, like spending probably spending like one hundreds of millions of dollars trying to clean the shit out of the Seen River, and spending like a couple million on fucking just getting good music for the breakdancing competition. It feels like it's like a cool idea that everybody was immediately like embarrassed by and like are just like kind of half assing, Which.
Speaker 2: That's lame, because I feel like it would be cool. And I've never given a single solitary shit about break dancing in my entire life until write this second, But like now I feel like I want to, like campaign for it or something like help them out.
Speaker 3: Let's start at this campaign, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Breaking in the games also like yeah, like when it comes to La, like that feels like like this is a this is a major city that had a handle, like the evolution of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, why don't we have break in here in and like the subjectivity of it doesn't.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 1: Some of the most randomly captivating moments I've had watching the Olympics are events like rhythmic gymnastics and like that, where it's just like, would they with the little beach ball?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're doing like little beach ball things or whatever that's called.
Speaker 1: I'm I don't give a subjective Yeah, oh yeah, rhythm dancer, Yeah yeah, ribbon dancerund.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't pretend like y'all have a gotten some sort of ribbon and flung it around and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's a common birthday party like parting, you know, gift that you get at a kid's birthday party. Oh, and then you try and do the little fucking tornado. Yeah, watch I fucked that ship up. And then my kids are okay, great man, no reaction, Yeah, they give you the kim Yeah reaction. So okay, so you think that's cool. Okay, I was just checking that you thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's already not part of the twenty twenty four games or twenty twenty eight games as of right now, which seems nuts considering that, unlike Paris, La was one of the hotbeds in the early days of the art form.
Speaker 2: Kim and I will take care of that, don't you worry.
Speaker 1: Okay. I didn't want to like come out and ask it, but we did have you on for this story specifically, break do something, Okay, the same breaking they are doing flag football in the Olympics. Instead of breaking, it's like, come on, guys, yeah well yeah sure, but like they get squashed next time, so that one person, can you know, just hold on to travesty might yah, yeah, might to.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but I think flag foot flag football is just so that feels like less like breaking at least feels like artistic. It like required, like not to say flag football doesn't, but that's like a game we grow up.
Speaker 3: Playing play that like powder games in high school.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And I get like track is simple or whatever, but there's still like a level of like I don't know, So we'll see what the flag football looks like, but I feel like it'll yeah, look, just sort the music out and you could probably have something like akin to what these like great looking like break dancing competitions look like. But that's the hard part because the Olympics are they have a great track record with this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. Well, the sprinting though, the sprinting, the sprinting, I'm ready for the swimming in the pools. They are going to what's that no, open mouth river, swimming, open mountain.
Speaker 2: All swimmers are going to have like like just explosive diarrhea, like.
Speaker 1: Not horrible skin rashes. Yeah. Yeah. They will be shipping in the Olympic pools too, just to make it. Yeah, there will be ship floating.
Speaker 6: And we're about equity here. Yeah, everyone take it up real quick. There's free bree, some bree that's kind of pasted its date and your stomach up and just blasting in the pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what chlor is for, you know exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, Kim and Kat, such a pleasure having you both on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much for having us. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts. It's called Kim and Kats Stay Alive, maybebe and we're on social media at kk SAM podcast.
Speaker 1: There it is. It's a lot of fun. I highly recommend you check it out if you're a horror fan or even if you're not, because you get the whole plot and everything kind of described explained to you. So it's a especially if you're scarity cat like me who doesn't like those movies.
Speaker 3: Them last through them as well, and you had practice staying alive, Like we're so prepared for our feature Handmaid's Tale Country.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so ready.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you guys have been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Work of media? I am obsessed with the Boys, So I have been loving that show and it kind of hits my horror nerves. I don't know what I'm saying. Yeah, like it's just yeah, but like the acting is fantastic and also like you know, just they go there like if you're one, you know, they never ever pull any punches, and I just kind of love the bravery of that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I've been kind of I didn't realize till the Swinton was.
Speaker 2: Of the octopus. Yeah, if you know it, you can like. As soon as you know, you're like, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, don't break that poor octopus is hard, how.
Speaker 1: About you, cam.
Speaker 3: I also love the bravery of ninety Day Fiance. You know they go out there. It's beautiful, it's really powerful.
Speaker 1: No punch is pulled there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a single one.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Well, thank you guys again. Miles, where can people find you? Follow you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad. And if you like ninety Day Fiance, you catch me on the other show for twenty Day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra.
Speaker 1: It's a fun time. It's a fun time.
Speaker 6: A couple of tweets I like. First one is from at Roger tweeted my number one younger millennial trait is. I am young enough that playing video games is a lifelong hobby of mine, but old enough that I have absolutely no desire to play online against strangers.
Speaker 1: My beef is with the computer, and the computer only.
Speaker 6: Outsiders do not need to get involved, and I felt that shit because.
Speaker 1: I've only known the computer to be my enemy as an older game player.
Speaker 6: And another one at Year of the Wizard tweeted smoking weed when you're bald must be like, damn, I'm so fucking high and I'm bald.
Speaker 1: As a bald smoker. I was like, bro, I never thought about that, but I'm gonna do that now.
Speaker 2: Truer words never spoken.
Speaker 1: Show a couple of tweets. I've been enjoying Brandy and tweeted jd Van's always looks like you should be wearing a bib, which is true, and then Kant's at Kant's e y Y tweeted the picture of Trump with his little ear bandage and it says when you order a pillow at on Timo. Yes, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist, at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, daily zeit geist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes were like off the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy Miles Well's song you think people might enjoy.
Speaker 6: This is a track from a new producer that I just came across called Sarah the Instrumentalist. It's an American beat maker and her sound is like, oh Man, like high tech jay Dilla if you like that production, like songs q Tip produced for tripal Quest. It has that like old school jazzy boom backfield to it, but there's something modern about it which I really like. And you know she's really making those beats because she doesn't use any quantization, no quantize on these beats. They're all hand played, just like jay Dilla intended. So anyway, this is a track from Sarah the Instrumentalist called This Makes Everything Better, which maybe is a good title that we could just listen to it for now while you go to sleep tool.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. Today. He's Like Guys is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio Wrap, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trendic and we'll talk to you all then bye bye,