Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Getty and know He.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, this weekend there's a historic winter storm hitting most of the country that's bringing brutal temperatures and over twenty inches of snow.
Speaker 2: Greenland Herd was like, well, you wanted us, you got us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Today's Southwest Airlines canceled hundreds of flights, although that had nothing to do with the storm. Hey, it's freezing out there. This morning on my way to work, I saw a Wall Street stockbroker spooning with Zora and Mandane.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Shot it Southwest? Was it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Southwest just was rated the best airline really on a series of metrics including on time, this, that, and the other, canceled flights, bagging, channeling, blah blah blah. They beat out Delta, the perennial.
Speaker 5: Line screwed by United more than any other airline, but that's just my personal experience.
Speaker 2: Mrkin was the bottom rated one. Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, often these storms don't live up to the hype. But they're saying New York might get the most snow it's had in several decades, So that'll get a lot of attention since all the media's in New York. It's going to be minus forties with the wind chill through a bunch of the country.
Speaker 2: That's pretty chilly. That's really chilly.
Speaker 4: But that may assist these young folks with the newest online trend. No by January. We'll tell you more about that coming up.
Speaker 5: You know what we need to revisit for the show because we did it on the One More Thing podcast. These influencers who are trying to make their faces more attractive or their bodies.
Speaker 4: Oh young men, yeah, looks Max, look smacks. We got to talk about that later for everybody, because I was telling my kids about it last night.
Speaker 5: They were just their eyes were wide with wonder that anybody's actually doing this. It's stunning. So stick around for that.
Speaker 2: As CBS we just.
Speaker 4: Direct them to the Armstrung and Getty One More Thing podcast. It's also an option.
Speaker 5: So CBS News got taken over by Barry Weiss and you either know her actor you don't. But I was pretty hopeful that things would get better in terms of it's down the middle coverage, an attempt to not be biased one way or the other. How well they're doing it, that is in the eye the beholder. But the new CBS Evening newscasts with Tony de Koppel is that how you say, his name has grown ten percent in adults twenty five fifty four, which is your money demo. According to Nielsen, the first two weeks it was up four percent and viewers, and then thirteen percent after that, so it grew and then the people that show up didn't. It seems like more people came, So there you go. I like it because it's faster paced and they're much less likely to hit you with weather. They are now because this is historic. But the other newscasts it's just always weather. Quit what the weather.
Speaker 2: We have world.
Speaker 5: Changing events going on, some of the biggest things in history, and you're telling me the weather somewhere two thousand miles away.
Speaker 4: Weather and puppies. Yeah, much more cute. See it's a more serious newscast, definitely. It's annoyed me a couple of times, but all news annoys me.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and it's you know, it's never going to be perfect for anybody, I suppose, but sure, speaking of CBS, sixty Minutes Sharon al Phonsie and Scott Pelly's jobs. If you're a sixty minutes fan, you know those names are on the line after pushing back hard against Barry Weiss's CBS News shakeup. So they behind the scenes apparently have said some pretty harsh things and gotten very loud in meetings, and now the talk is that they may be out. You don't get on board or get out, and two of the biggest stars of sixty minutes might be out. According to The New York Post, was it that Scott Pelly.
Speaker 4: Was saying really strong things in the meaning or was it that he just says them so slowly it was driving everybody crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to slowly. I'm not joining the new culture adequately. And then he takes off his suit jacket to make sure you notice how giant his arms are.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 4: So here's how Scott Adams, creator Dilbert, later a conservative commentator online podcaster, was memorialized in The Old Gray Lady, The New York Times Breaking News. Scott Adams, whose comic Strict Dilbert was a sensation until he made racist comments on his podcast, has died at sixty eight. Okay, first of all, and I think y'all know this. Somebody says something quote unquote racist according to the New York Times. I figure, probably it's almost certainly not racist. It might be racially prove or might.
Speaker 2: Just be about race. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people were contrasting that with the headline that they had for Bagdaddy, the guy who started ISIS and was, you know, setting people on fire and cages and everything like that. When they had their headline about him that Austere scholar dies at the age of whatever. That's what they said about the guy who led ISIS. He got a cartoonist who made some racial comments, and they put something negative in the headline, but nothing negative in the headline for the death of al Bagdaddy who started ISIS, which is really quite amazing. Yeah, Okay, I got another great New York Times story yesterday. I talked about this, how it's there's all this chatter about how Europe is gonna start siding with China because of Trump and a variety of other things. Really you're gonna side with China? Does that seem a good like a good idea. Some of the explanation of that in the New York Times was quite hilarious. Also, we've got a woman who's dedicated her life for relocating obese cats. I want to check in on. That's all on the way stay here. There's not much to what I teased. I can tell you the whole story in one sentence. Here there is a woman up on the television I just saw who has dedicated her life to rehoming obese cats. Wow, people somehow can no longer take care of they're really really fat cat, and she is. I guess if you've got a fit cat, sorry that they're on their own, but your cat's.
Speaker 2: Number you can call, but I can't help you.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katie, Well, I mean if you have a really overly fat cat, you can't take care of it in the first place because you got it fat. M there's not enough criticism of pet owners for letting their pets get fat. Yeah, they don't make these decisions on their own.
Speaker 4: True, the many ways I offend people, though, I think I will leave that one to you. You're absolutely right, But you know the irony is my dog is slim. My dog looks great in his owner, not so much. We ought to be in charge of my food. We slim down one of her pugs, and she seems much happier now. She would eat all the other dog's food that was a problem though she runs up, including a almost two.
Speaker 5: Hundred pound whatever the hell it is. The little pug just rules a roost, eats the food. I'm gonna make you what, Watch me eat your food?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: You can have what's left.
Speaker 2: Wow. The dog world is so weird.
Speaker 5: It's got nothing to do with anything but like aggression. It's the size of the fight and the dog. As they say, that doesn't make any difference. If you fit in the mouth of the other dog. He can be a feisty does I don't know.
Speaker 2: Who are we to question the ways of dogs? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Let me make one more attempt at this. The ridiculous New York Times obituary headline of Scott Adams Dilbert Guy breaking news. Scott Adams, whose comic strip Dilbert was a sentation until he made racist comments on his podcast, has.
Speaker 2: Died at sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Never mind that those comments weren't racist, they were just provocative. Here was the headline of the New York Times for Joseph Stalin when he died. Stalin rose from Czarist oppression to transform Russia into a mighty socialist state.
Speaker 2: At least he wasn't a racist like that.
Speaker 4: Damn Scott Adams or the infamous New York Times A bit for Cassim Sulimani, commander of Iran's KOD's Force. Cassim Sulimani, master of Iran's intrigue, built a sheite axis of power in the Middle East. Good things Stalin and Sulimani didn't do anything really awful, like make a racist comment on a podcast.
Speaker 5: Wow, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is stunning.
Speaker 5: And then I used the example of albag Daddy, the guy who started isis austere scholar dies at whatever age. It was right, right, it's absolutely amazing. If you lean right, they've got to put the worst thing you've ever done in the headline of your obituary. But you could be You could be a person throws gaze off of buildings to kill them like they do in Iran or whatever after a good beaten and torture and murders college students in the street who tried to get any freedom, or women who want to show their hair, and you get the a good job of bringing people together headline when you die.
Speaker 2: Oh, that reminds me.
Speaker 4: I have a segment plan that I think you are thoroughly going to enjoy even as you hate. It has to do with how sick and twisted academia is in the United States. You're saying, yeah, we know, Joe. No, this example is too good. It's too good. If there is ever a trial of American academia, I will lead with this evidence, then the prosecution will rest.
Speaker 2: That is coming up. But the reason I thought of that is there's.
Speaker 4: Been so little said practically outside the Armstrong and getty show of zenophilia in American culture, particularly leftist American culture.
Speaker 2: If it is foreign, we dare not criticize it.
Speaker 4: We must only praise it or only look for its good attributes, because it would be belligerent and kind of I don't know, racist, or something to criticize. I don't know Cassim Sulimani for torturing and murdering gays and anybody who dared to sent against the government, or anything.
Speaker 2: That would not be good. It's xenophilia.
Speaker 4: It is interrrational and obsessive fixation and love of anything foreign.
Speaker 2: Don't get it.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Iran, there are more photos and videos that are coming out what they did last weekend where they finally squashed that the biggest, the biggest attempt at a revolution since the a Revolution in seventy nine, and more people are getting on board with the death toll numbers being twenty thousand or greater, which is really something, which is why I guess Trump announced today that there is an armada, a giant, deadly armada, to use Trump's words, headed toward Iran. So it's still on the table that we do something, and nobody knows what that something is.
Speaker 4: We have some pretty damn dramatic audio of what you were just talking about the crackdown, Okay, would mind? Yeah, yeah, sixty place, Michael.
Speaker 6: Yours leadership has admitted that thousands were killed, but blamed the dusts on rioters and agents of Israel and the US. The regime has long used the narrative of a foreign plot to justify its crackdowns. This time it had an exiled opposition and a US president urging a revolt.
Speaker 7: I think that the regime has never been closer to a fould to a complete regime change, yet doing it for survival but also to prevent more protests in the coming years. The aim is to traumatize a generation.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, the aim was to traumatize the generation. Don't even try it. You saw it with your own eyes as people died next to you, had their eyes shot out or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, getting back to our discussion of dogs turn a generation into cringing dogs that are afraid of a beating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so do you think Trump does something big, like goes full on tries to foment regime change? I don't know if you could get people to come back out of their houses.
Speaker 2: Right, right?
Speaker 4: Well, And I came across a piece that was very well written. The journal ran it, Trump has options in Iran, none are likely to help the protesters much. Well, right, yeah, So if we could have, I don't know, taken out some of their capabilities two weeks ago, while you know, millions were in the street, hundreds of thousands were in the street tearing down flags and breaking in to government buildings and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But that ain't gonna happen now.
Speaker 4: So what would we do make it clear that there will be a terrible cost when they do this by bombing various installations or something. But the iotolas in the ir gee'll just say, well, we did what we needed to do, all right, we'll rebuild it. Thanks for nothing.
Speaker 5: Well, and is that that reporter just said that they were at full on existential threat. Yeah, this could be politically tough or might you know, cause Trump to attack or whatever. But if we don't do it, we're going to be hung by our feet in the Turan Square. So we gotta do something.
Speaker 4: In another headline, Iranian regime claims that tested a long range missile that can hit the US Eastern seaboard.
Speaker 2: Who did that? Iran did? Well? How was the provocative? Yes, I would say so. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The missile was fired towards Siberia with Russian permission to test it. It would have traveled up to thirty seven hundred miles to reach its target, but they claim it has a range of up to sixty two hundred miles, which is plenty to hit the Eastern seaboard. That would be that would be quite the maneuver by the Iranians. Surely they wouldn't do something that insane.
Speaker 5: No, but man, that's really provocative when you've been trying really hard to get a nuclear weapon and then you demonstrate that if you've got a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: You've got, you know, rockets that can reach the United States.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we have three good buddies that do have nuclear weapons and we all hate you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that was provocative within our made headed their way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'd sane. This would be fun to watch, could be a very exciting weekend. I'm close to curling up in the fetal condition a position just saying.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la la la. It's all too spicy, there's too much.
Speaker 5: How about some good news that I want to unpack coming up next segment. We've mentioned it several times this week, but here some of the numbers behind the numbers, we'll get to.
Speaker 2: Murders down.
Speaker 5: Unbelievably, like that's never happened before, and all kinds of different crimes dropped, like just crazy, maybe the lowest murder rate since nineteen hundred.
Speaker 2: They think, what is going on? There are twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so you can't you can't. You can't really make some sort of argument that it's you know, trying to make Trump look bad or something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, because the YOP.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but all these mainstream outlets they're talking about how the murder rate has dropped in a way it's never dropped before. We need to get into some of the details, and then wonder why.
Speaker 4: I guess show hands anybody murder anybody in twenty twenty five, anybody on the crew handful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, a couple of people two years ago thought about it.
Speaker 4: Handful of twenty twenty four Michael, okay, a handful. They all had it coming. Let me check my calendar. Yeah, that was the end of twenty four murdered Jim. There it is on my monthly calendar, telling you they had it coming. Well, wow, okay, I want to hear more about that. Plus a takedown of American college education.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so terrible.
Speaker 5: You get on the interstate of forty five miles an hour, you got to come as far as I'm.
Speaker 2: To Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 5: According to a new report of the US murder rate has fallen to its lowest level since nineteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's pretty hard to get murdered if you never go outside.
Speaker 5: And then he shows a picture of a young man in his house playing video games.
Speaker 2: That plays a role.
Speaker 5: So the flat out numbers are In twenty twenty five, the United States saw an historic decline in the murder rate twenty one percent drop across major cities, bringing the national homicide rate to its lowest level since nineteen hundred. They think that before murders per one hundred thousand residents.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I went to all of my different chat bots and asked them what the leading theories are for why this happened. And the biggest consensus is we don't know why. That's the biggest consensus. Everybody's got a whole bunch of different possibilities and they overlap quite a bit, but nobody's exactly sure why. The most the first thing everybody says is this is a normalization after COVID, because there was a spike as we all remember twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two as COVID hit and then George Floyd and just unrest and a general feeling of everything's gone crazy and everything, and you know, so the point.
Speaker 4: Of murdering another human, I know, that's why I murdered no one.
Speaker 5: Well, I suppose that's why you get to the nobody's exactly sure, because it doesn't exactly make sense why you'd murder somebody as you just jokingly referred to things got pretty nutty with a lot of our politics, and now all of a sudden you're working at home and all kinds of things. But I mean, and then you have murdered.
Speaker 4: Someone, right, it's right. Oh, COVID sucked. I mean with I couldn't socialize and my stores were closed, and I murdered guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, come.
Speaker 5: On, and then if you add in the fact that it's a one year drop, we didn't everybody doesn't decide at the same point.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's over. I feel less murderous. Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna and I might throw punch you, but I ain't gonna kill you. And I've killed a handful of people to settle minor, minor disputes. And it's you know, it finally occurred to me, Well, this is wrong.
Speaker 2: I need to stop doing this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that it's just a you know, there are many things that happen in human society that are the confluence of several different things coming together, and this is absolutely gonna be one of those.
Speaker 5: Well, let me run through some of them and then you can. So Number number one at every already throws out is the post spike normalization after COVID. Then the increase, but we're now well below pre COVID numbers, so it wiped out the COVID bump and then is lower than pre COVID policing strategy and law enforcement actions. I mean, murders got bad enough that we cared more about murders and they're paying more attention to it. Community programs and local investments, Economic and demographic factors. Long standing theories about crime, like an aging population, fewer people in high risk age groups.
Speaker 2: But that didn't happen a year.
Speaker 5: That didn't happen in a year. You didn't go from being an angry nineteen year old to a tired seventy five year old between twenty four and forty.
Speaker 2: Five, right, right.
Speaker 5: But one of the consistent points experts all across, and this is according to all of the chatbots ask is there's no agreed upon cause yet combination of factors likely interacts, as you were just pointing out, and researchers weren't it maybe too early to draw a firm conclusions, but what the heck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope people are taking the time to look most carefully at the places where most of the murders take place.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, sleep, right, So we always talk about that.
Speaker 5: How it's you know, gang ridden areas of Chicago, gang ridden areas of Chicago, where everybody's shooting each other and it doesn't have anything to do you. But why did they stop murdering each other? Was it COVID? They didn't start working from home and got all upset about it, right right, fighting turf wars from home? You know, I've converted my spare bedroom into an office now, and I murder the crips from there, or wearing a mask made them nuts, right right, it's interesting, be fuddled. Well, we got a bunch of things going on like that, and it's well, it's stunning that we can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: Why did we stop having babies? You know? Why did the murder rate drop so far? One way? That a different thing. Just why? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Why do we have so much autism and the depression and an anxiety? All these things we don't know?
Speaker 4: Probably not microplastics scientists are now saying.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I hadn't heard that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if big milk jug weighed in and threatened people or what. But yeah, the Free Press with a big piece about how, uh, don't worry microplastics are probably not killing you.
Speaker 5: Uh, not killing is but is it the cause of autism and all the different stuff they're saying.
Speaker 2: No, I actually don't know.
Speaker 4: But this gal who has a degree in geophysics, uh from California Institute of Technology and has written for Science, The Economists, The New York Times, and many other publications. As a piece entitled Relaxed microplastics Aren't Killing You, a debunked study last year connected microplastics in the brain to everything from heart attacks to dementia. I guess what, It's not true, huh, junk science.
Speaker 5: And haven't we all learned to We all have like a spoonful of plastic in us now, spoonful of microplastics something like that in our brains or our heart or somewhere. Yeah, right in my gallbladder. Well but that but if they could eliminate that, that'd be a good thing. I mean that's what you do when you do science. You eliminate various things until you can narrow it down to something.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that they've eliminated it, but they've onlike prosecuted it.
Speaker 2: So it's chemtrails. It's clearly kim trails.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to read this whole thing and it's very, very long, but anyway, call who's got I'd like to read this, but it's very long, and who's got the time?
Speaker 2: So you don't hear that much on the.
Speaker 5: News when you listen to the news, murder rate is down.
Speaker 2: Have the explanation here, but it's very long and I'm kind of busy, so it's Friday. Hell with it.
Speaker 5: We want to tell you about simply Safe, which is a hell of a good idea. I love the fact that I have simply saved. They use their AI powered cameras outside your home to spot real threats and instantly alert live agents. Your home, your stuff, and your family is going to be safer with simply Safe.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, this is a security system that takes action. Well, the intruder is still outside before they've busted in.
Speaker 2: That's a leap forward.
Speaker 4: Friends, Simply Safe home security no long term contracts. They earn your business every day, and it's super affordable too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, join me in the five million Americans who are doing this. The best home security system that there is out there, according to US News and World Report, for.
Speaker 2: Five years in a row.
Speaker 4: Right now, you can get fifty percent off any new system this month. Only it's a great time to upgrade the security that actually helps stop crime before it starts. Go to simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. And again they earn your business every day. You're gonna love it. Absolutely so smart. They may have figured out what causes autism. But this article is very long, and I have got things to do, so come. That was shorthand for its more detail tailed and I think we want to take on in the show.
Speaker 2: Of course I've grasped the entirety of it, but.
Speaker 5: I do want to get to this sound bite. Maybe we can do this next segment. I haven't actually heard it, but I'm just looking up at the TV. They're playing on Fox. So the Australian Open tennis tournaments going on. It's in one of the big four tennis tournaments. And for whatever reason, our American tennis players after their matches, when they're doing the whole press conference thing, journalists grilling them on political questions, trying to get them to weigh in, you know, try to get them on the record of you being four against something. I guess, so you can make their lives miserable as tennis players or hold them responsible right the government of their countryatly.
Speaker 2: I hate this time we live in.
Speaker 4: If I'm reminded of when remember when we banned Russian like ballerinas and stuff like that for a bit?
Speaker 5: Hmm, yeah I was.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Well, how's that?
Speaker 5: So the Winter Olympics is going on here in and starts in just a couple of weeks. Is there any banning of Russian athletes for that? I haven't heard anything about it.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard it. And if not, why not?
Speaker 4: If you know anything about it, email us, But keep it short, because you know me, I don't have a lot of Because it's long, we're just not going to get to the answer. Maybe put it in the put it that, put it in the subject matter. Yeah, you know, I'll actually look into that and come up with the answer. Because I was hardcore last Olympics that you can't be letting Russia compete here. We violates the spirit of everything I feel like.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Of course, the other argument has always been that the sports is supposed to transcend politics and everything and show that we're all something or other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, says the people making zillions of bucks off the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, kid, of course, why do we have China participating?
Speaker 2: Any who?
Speaker 5: Bunch of stuff on the way, stay hear finish up a couple of previous conversations. Why the murder rate drop? Friend of the Armstrong and Getty show texts, I suspect the murder rate drop due to decreased alcohol alcohol consumption by a lot for people under forty.
Speaker 2: Oh, that absolutely could play a factor. Great therey. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then on the whole Olympics question. Which Olympics start February sixth. They're in Milan, Italy, the Winter Olympics. There are no official boycotts of countries, but Russia and Belarus, their athletes can't participate with like Russia gear and national anthem and flag and all that. You're just an individual athlete that happens to be from Russia. So I like that it doesn't penalize the athlete because that always sucked. You work your whole life to do something and it's not your fault. Yeah, there are arguments on both sides, but I definitely don't need Russia getting to walk into the stadium with their flag and their national anthem. Screw you, right.
Speaker 4: So our headline on this segment is you thought you knew how awful academia was.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you're wrong, and I was wrong. It's worse than I thought.
Speaker 4: But first, let's ease into it with this somewhat humorous look at American education.
Speaker 2: One plus one yes, two incorrect? Yes, multiculturalism, Well done, Simon. Next question, what is three times three?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Nine wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes, Penelope, gender equality very good? Is this a joke? Do you think gender equality is a joke?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But isn't this a maths class?
Speaker 5: Don't be so racist.
Speaker 2: I just asked a question. We don't ask questions.
Speaker 5: Questions are offensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't discriminate.
Speaker 5: It has nothing to do with mathematics.
Speaker 4: Do you think you're so great with your masks and your science and your facts?
Speaker 2: What about feelings?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're all crazy, so violating me with your different opinion.
Speaker 2: I have the right to speak my mind. No, we have the right not to be offended. And that's more important. Where did that come from? That's we ran that a couple of years ago. That's funny.
Speaker 4: It's from Australia or New Zealand to wrong, gender equality correct, exactly beautiful, So easing my way to my ultimate point. You've all lived in. Who's a terrific writer and thinker about America and its institutions and history and that sort of stuff, wrote a piece entitled America's two hundred and fiftieth Isn't just a birthday?
Speaker 5: And of course it's too long, so I didn't read it t LDR. But gonna drink bikar day like it's your birthday.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: So he what he's urging us all to do is answer the question, the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of what? The Declaration of Independence, the words endowed by our creator within unalienable rights, blah blah blah, all men are created equal, that sort of thing, the birth of a nation founded, a certain dedicated to certain principles, because it's a you don't celebrate your wedding anniversary and don't think about your wedding or your your marriage or your sweetheart or whatever. It's not just an excuse for a party. It's a rededication. And he wants to remember, wants us to remember what we're celebrating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Walter Isaacson, one of the great authors out there on history stuff. He's got a new book coming out this year called the Greatest Sentence ever written, and it's that first sentence, We hold these truths to be self evident, that sentence, and.
Speaker 4: Then I'm glancing toward a pole, delta pole. Of American students, forty percent of high school students poll said that they were taught that America is built on stolen land in class at school. Another twenty two percent heard it from an adult. There my greater first day of class.
Speaker 2: They had to do.
Speaker 5: They had the right to land acknowledgment before they started history class the first day. Oh my god, in America stupider than land acknowledgments.
Speaker 2: It's moronic. It's one of the stupidest things ever invented. I agree, As you know.
Speaker 4: In America, white people have white privilege. Yeah, forty one percent said they were taught that in school. Another twenty five percent said they were taught it by a different adult.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Gender is an identity choice, regardless of the biological sex you were born into. And America, white people have unconscious baye ses blah blah blah. All these things were taught in the schools, which brings me to my ultimate point. This is almost hilarious. Let's see, here's a couple of guys who they explained who they are, their scholars, about scholarship, and they mentioned two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of America's founding provides an opportunity to reflect on and fight over the country's extraordinary story. Unfortunately, many of the serious scholars who study America its history, literature, and culture, also known as American studies, failed to provide anything close to a balanced and nuanced account of the country's complex tale. And they go into America's story as a story of greatness, the wealthiest, most powerful nation on the planet. Its founders created what is now the world's longest lasting liberal democratic constitution. Declaration of Independence, put forth revolutionary ideas about human freedom and equality ushered.
Speaker 2: In a new era.
Speaker 4: Then, of course, we've had our problems between slavery and Jim Crow treatment of Native Americans, high levels of economic inequality, which exists everywhere and always had.
Speaker 2: That's a canard. But finally, here's the point.
Speaker 4: They went to just under one hundred articles over a three year period in American Quarterly, which is the flagship journal of the American Studies Association. This is the big association of American studies that all your professors in all the universities belonged to. Published by JOHNS. Hopkins University, widely considered country's premier journal.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Eighty percent of the articles over a three year period were critical of the United States. They were bashing, twenty percent were neutral, and zero were positive.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Zero Wow.
Speaker 4: And they go into a great deal of detail about the fact that the twenty percent that were quote unquote neutral.
Speaker 2: Were pretty critical, but were just a little less bashye than the bashing one.
Speaker 5: I don't need to argue about that. If all I need to know is there were zero positive. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Zero in the field of American studies. How perverse is that?
Speaker 5: And I asked this question all the time. Has this ever happened in world history? Or does it always happen? I just don't know about it. Where a really successful culture at some point turns on itself and hates itself. Has this ever happened before? Did the Romans do this? The Greeks, of the Persians, or any of your great empires? Did they at some point turn on themselves and hate themselves like this. Well, even if they had.
Speaker 4: They didn't have the you know, near instantaneous ability to go from one country, one continent to another, and to export military power and or becomes xenophiliac about foreign things that simultaneous you know, hatred of yourself and lust for the foreign.
Speaker 2: They couldn't have gotten that going. That is wild.
Speaker 4: It's well they right, it's astonishing. We couldn't find a single positive article over a three year period. There were none on American ingenuity. Readers wouldn't come to understand why, as of twenty twenty, the US, which represents four percent of the world's population, won forty two percent of the individual Nobel prizes since the awards creation in nineteen oh one, or why the US was the first.
Speaker 2: Country to land a man on the moon.
Speaker 4: Not a single article of about America's vanquishing Nazi Germany and World War two Soviet Union in the Cold War, thereby freeing millions and millions of people.
Speaker 2: No discussion of why the US is rated as the.
Speaker 4: Most desirable destination for immigrants across the perth.
Speaker 2: There's a good one to stay out there.
Speaker 5: Why why do millions and millions and millions of people try to sneak into this country when there's nothing positive to say about it.
Speaker 4: That's pretty hilarious. Hey, every dollar, Peso and Drachma on Earth? Where would you most like to invest yourself?
Speaker 2: US? Police?
Speaker 3: US?
Speaker 2: Can I go to America place? Not a single effing paragraph long.
Speaker 4: Article in American Quarterly, the flagship journal of American studies. Now, do you believe me how diseased our campuses are?
Speaker 2: That's wild?
Speaker 5: And I would imagine if there was anybody that wanted to write something positive, they feel like I'll be ostracized. I can't. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't stick my neck out like that. Oh, you're not swimming against the tide.
Speaker 4: You're swimming against the I don't know the jets of water going one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to get on any boards or invited to doing conferences, or win any prizes or get any jobs if I come out and say something positive about the United States.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about jailing academic?
Speaker 5: I'm mean it was a joke, A joke.
Speaker 2: Friend. Can't we laugh anymore?
Speaker 5: You got to hear this New York Times journalist going after our tennis players at the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: It's really something.
Speaker 5: It's getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty