Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey. In the morning.
Speaker 2: You found the Second Date podcast and today is your awkward Tuesday phone call. Definitely centered around relationships and all. Yeah, you know, we would love to see your comments of the one thing that your partner does that drives you.
Speaker 3: Nuts nuts I don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get it. It was funny, Jose, it was really good. Oh my god, whistling. Oh my husband's saying right.
Speaker 2: Now is whistling to all music and he thinks he's really good at it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Share in the comment section, will go over the best ones tomorrow, But right now, what do we got in the comments?
Speaker 4: Alexis Yeah, I saw an insta. Red Marwin said, greetings from North Africa. I listen to your Second Date update every day for lunch, so now when you pop up on my feet, I get hungry.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: Lunchtime, I guess now and your stomach are absolutely all right. We'll get your food order prepared. My friend. Yes, she's a phone call starts right now.
Speaker 3: I love women in relationships.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: It's weird when you like that.
Speaker 1: It is a little off putting. I like it.
Speaker 3: They're always saying to their men, we don't want to change you. We don't want to step on who you are. Meanwhile, though, rearrange your apartment, overhaul your wardrobe, sign you up for couples therapy sessions where the lady counselor really thinks you should be listening to your girlfriend a lot more. She's not changing, she's improved.
Speaker 1: Thank us later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not trying to change us if you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to better society, Jeff, Yeah, yeah, and I love that about you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: In fact, we have a listener on the phone right now who says she loves her boyfriend just the way he is, except the one thing he loves to do the most has to stop. Oh and hold on. When she explains why he needs to stop forever, I'm sure we'll all be totally on her side. It's your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call coming up right after this. It's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call. It still boggles my mind sometimes that total strangers will come to ask us for dating advice? Are we really the best group for that? Alexis has been banned from Riyah Hinge and at least three Portuguese male meetup sites in her past, Josean has sworn off all women and dating for the moments at least, and Brooks last relationship ended in a marriage and site for that either.
Speaker 1: Over a decade.
Speaker 3: Oh god, what a nightmare. But despite all of that, it hasn't deterred a woman named Amy from email our show, seeking our quote romantic wisdom.
Speaker 1: So, Amy, mind's a failure.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Jeff, nobody wants that, Amy. What were you thinking coming to this group for help?
Speaker 5: I'm just looking for help wherever I can get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she wasn't thinking, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes I.
Speaker 1: Heard fourth up.
Speaker 3: Yes, total desperation brought to you here, and that's totally okay with you.
Speaker 1: Expensive Mary, Yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell us what is the situation that you're dealing with? How can we help you?
Speaker 5: So I'm in a you a relationship with the sky. We've been casually dating for a few months. Okay, Yeah, I mean I think he's great. He does something that's like it's turning into a big pet peeve of mine already.
Speaker 3: You're only a couple months in a man annoying a woman. No, that can't happen. Why what does he do well?
Speaker 5: He loves to sing along to music in a car and he has a terrible voice to him or anything.
Speaker 1: My husband's been into whistling lately. I feel like.
Speaker 4: Singing bad is better than just not singing it all on a car that's so boring.
Speaker 3: Why is it so problematic for you, Amy?
Speaker 5: Because it's just really annoying. It's a pet peeve. I don't need him to be singing in my ear Like it's cue for.
Speaker 3: Like one song and then it's like four or five songs. You're like, can you just hum? Watch me hit this adele high notes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it sounds like it's almost an ick right, Like.
Speaker 1: It's like a turn off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he never stops. It doesn't matter what station genre, he just keeps going.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, is it possible for you to just drive separate cars everywhere?
Speaker 3: Awkward? So you said you've never brought it up to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it's not that serious of an issue, but yeah, it's becoming a bigger problem where I need to do something about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just enough of a problem it needs to be addressed now, I see. So why is this becoming a bigger problem for you.
Speaker 5: Then, Well, because we've planned a seven day road trip that's coming up.
Speaker 2: Girl, you could only take trips with this man in an airplane.
Speaker 1: That's just I think the new rules.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and put your earbonds in your air buds in a seven day road trip a long one day.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When we booked it, I don't know this was going to be an all day, everyday thing.
Speaker 3: This is like the one of those vacations that you dread and you see it on the calendar, You're like, oh god, I'm have to suffer through.
Speaker 1: I've figured out before. You can't break up mid road trip.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And you don't want it to ruin your trip. I mean you don't want to show up every place you go being in a bad mood, right, gotcha?
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean we're driving to one of his best friend's wedding and I am honestly just dreading the car ride. I feel like I need to say something to him before or this triple one hundred. The relationship has.
Speaker 3: To be a compromise.
Speaker 1: You can't just say no singing. I feel like you need to find a podcast or a book on tape people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so has that come up before between you two.
Speaker 5: I've tried a podcast or a book on tape, but he just loves music.
Speaker 4: Intense migraines.
Speaker 1: This man. I don't want to break him.
Speaker 2: I love a man that will sing in the car no matter how bad it is, and I don't want to ride with him. So I also understand your dilemma.
Speaker 3: She was uncomfortable with you.
Speaker 5: I'm in the car with him for seven days.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't want to open.
Speaker 5: The car door and jump out on the freeway.
Speaker 3: That's too bad because that was going to be Jose's advice when we take back. Yeah, talking rolling in the deep?
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, how do you tell him? Is that your question? How do you tell him without breaking his spirit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just don't know how to have a conversation with him. But, like you said, hurting feeling. I mean, he's a pretty supidive guy.
Speaker 3: Sensitive of us have ever had to have this conversation with anybody either? Are Okay? You need advice for have a tough, honest conversation about a guy singing. So we're gonna come back. We're gonna give you our take on the situation, and then we will let you call your boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Oh, astutely.
Speaker 5: I should mention I did ask my expert advice on this too, so I'm not totally.
Speaker 7: Of the dog.
Speaker 2: I called your ex boyfriend for advice on your current book friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's really smart about like social situation stuff, especially when it's dealing with other guys. I thought he could help.
Speaker 3: If you say break up, why don't you just use his advice?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Why why would you come to us?
Speaker 7: Then? Well?
Speaker 5: I wanted to see if you guys have better advice a way by option.
Speaker 3: What's your ex's name?
Speaker 5: His name is Clint.
Speaker 1: Why do you like that?
Speaker 3: A little bit of a romance in there, But okay, when we return, we'll get advice from Brook Jose and from Clint, and then let you call your current boyfriend to tell him not to ruin your road trip with his terrible, horrible, off key singing. When we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this, it's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call. If you're just joining us for the awkward Tuesday phone call, here's the situation we're in. Our listener, Amy is dreading an upcoming road trip with her new boyfriend Tim because he's one of those people who sings passionately along to car music. Yes, and not in the cute James Corden car karaoke kind of way. He has a terrible voice and doesn't seem to know end or care. So Amy understands this really shouldn't be a big serious conversation that she has to have, but it kind of is because it's going to ruin that road trip coming up, at least ruin it for her.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. And normally we'd get Brooke and Jose to weigh in with their advice before we make the call, but this time there's a third person, a guy named Clint y Amy's ex boyfriend, because she asked him for advice on it too. So I guess let's hear what Clint had to say on the matter. What were his thoughts, Amy.
Speaker 5: Clint told me to tell him that every time he sings and reminds me of my ask.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, it reminds you of Clint. Oh that's actly pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would get your current boyfriend to stop. It might cause a different argument in the car now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it does sound like Clint wants you to think of him as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's the worst advice, but you said you were open to hearing more so, Jose, what do you think. Well, if his mouth is busy, he can't sing, So stock up on snacks.
Speaker 1: You need multiple coolers of snacks.
Speaker 2: You need pepperoni, you need trail makes, you need chips, anything to keep him quiet and fed.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think of that? Amy?
Speaker 5: That sounds like a really good idea. Actually, but i'd want to stack to.
Speaker 1: You to a wedding. No, you can't fload it on sodio.
Speaker 3: But it is funny that the image of her like shoving carrots in his mouth the entire drive. What's your advice?
Speaker 2: I think you go the opposite way where you tell him that you just saw this new viral trend. Remember when people were raw dogging on planes like they weren't doing any tablets or.
Speaker 1: Music or anything.
Speaker 2: You saw that. Now it's taken over for car trips, and now it's good for couples to only have conversation.
Speaker 3: What do you think about asking your boyfriend a raw dog on the road trip?
Speaker 5: You can try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Help them. We're not talking about what you're thinking. Raw dogging as in not listening to any music, not looking at any screens, no entertainment, no even talking to each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, talking to each other, he said, that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: He's talking to each other, Okay, and it'll help them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your listening skills are questionable.
Speaker 2: You'd be terrible in a seven hour car.
Speaker 3: I'm dogging this conversation, and we're just gonna call your boyfriend Tim to Missouri. I'm not apologizing for that. So here we go. I'm gonna die his number. We'll step away and let you talk to him if he picks up. But good luck, you got.
Speaker 5: This, Amy, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hi, Oh hey baby, what's happening. What are you up to?
Speaker 6: Not much?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to call and see how your days going.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's good. I just got back from the gym and picked up the like the market sushi. You know it's I'm selling Wednesday. So oh, I saw I heard this great song on the radio and I was thinking about you as a thing in the car.
Speaker 5: What was the song?
Speaker 7: Oh man, it's uh, I can't remember the name of it, but it's by two feet It's like uh, you know.
Speaker 8: It's like ah, no, you know, and it's like and then it kind of like repeats and and then.
Speaker 7: It's like and then it goes like even deeper in no, no, you know, it's almost like but like backwards and inside out.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know that one. It's really nice though, thank you. Yeah. Actually it's good that you brought up singing and stuff, because that's the kind of the reason why I called you.
Speaker 7: Oh what were you thinking of a solity you were in the car? Well, I love it on my.
Speaker 5: Mind a little bit about a road trip coming up, and you know how you like to sing every second of being in the car.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's like our thing.
Speaker 5: What do you mean it's our thing?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, like it's it's our thing, like you know, like my past girlfriends, you know, they shut it down and whatnot. But like you love that I do that with you, and like you let me be me and I love that and we just have a great time. And you know, I even love it when you do that thing and you cholege me like halfway through this all you like change the radio station and it goes to another song, and then I got to keep up, and then I got to play along and I'm like, sometimes I don't know the lyrics, but sometimes I'm making them up as I go. I love that. We're so cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are so cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what's up baby? Well, you know, I just I love talking to you. But like, what do you got going on? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 5: It's just that it's a really long road trip. It's about like seven days, right, have you have you thought about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Actually, you know, Okay, I was thinking that this was going to be a surprise, but I'm feeling the moment. It makes sense right now. And uh, I was going to tell you on the road, but my friend he was getting married this week or not this week, next week, whatever, you know what it is. You know, I've got this song and I thought that maybe we could practice it in the car and maybe sing it together at the wedding. And actually, I have a few options. I've got this little little play listening. So I even called it like a duets with my future wife, like whatever, oh no.
Speaker 3: We got another problem.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Did you say what I thought?
Speaker 6: He said?
Speaker 7: Wait a wait, what's happening? Are so.
Speaker 1: She just said, what's the title of the play She's in disbelief.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that. But you should know right now, Tim, that you're on the radio. I know you love listening to the radio, and you're on a show called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: I know. No, yeah, I thought our first time on the radio would be singing.
Speaker 1: Well we did hear you hum a little too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah no, but I'm actually like much better than that, like like that. Oh man, it's still awkward.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how awkward it is. It's actually called the awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're such a you sound like a good guy. You do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I means usually I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a lot though.
Speaker 7: That all right?
Speaker 5: Wait wait, Tim, what was the name of the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Do you want to Oh you want to hear?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah? Do it? That's my future what future wife.
Speaker 5: That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're in Okay, guys, I love him. I know that we have issues, but I loved him.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's very understanding.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, wait, what issues?
Speaker 5: Oh, sometimes when we're out running errands or driving to Chotle or whatever. I I know you love to sing, but sometimes it's too much for me, and I was kind of hoping during the trip.
Speaker 2: We were like, done, If you're going to be a future wife, you got to be future honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, she's going for.
Speaker 5: Maybe even raw dog it you anyway.
Speaker 2: We interrupted you you need to finish.
Speaker 3: Tim sounded interested in that suggestion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I've always been into the raw dog situation.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Amy explained what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Give him some context, Amy, So you know.
Speaker 6: Raw dog on airplanes, so they without any music or its to make you feel more grounded and build a sharp bonds of people. So maybe we could go hours or days even without talking or singing or anything.
Speaker 7: Wait, you want a raw dog on the airplane?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, but also.
Speaker 2: All right, she wants to have deep, long, meaningful conversations with you on the road track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's where maybe the music is off for just a little while.
Speaker 3: What do you think of that? Tim?
Speaker 7: So wait, what does raw dog you have to do with that?
Speaker 3: Well, that's like the viral probably Anyway, it sounds like you're in a good spot in your relationship before taking this road trip together. You can find a good compromise for what to do for seven whole days. A lot of activities you could squeeze in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm always down for.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I know, I know, Tim, You're you're up for whatever Amy wants. But me, are you good? You feel satisfied without this call?
Speaker 7: Went?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I think if we just tried pushing the off button on your brain and give silence a chance while for traveling, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: You give silence. That is the bumper sticker of your road trip.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brook, from now on, no more suggesting raw dogging to our listeners. Advice.
Speaker 1: That's what the viral trend was called on.
Speaker 3: Not enough people know what the term is though, especially on our show. Yeah, nobody listens to us, Especially guys end up taking that the wrong way and then they get all their hopes up and it leads to a really disappointing car.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm never one to worry about men's dreams being dashed, so it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sure you would do the other thing on your car rides, So that's probably.
Speaker 1: Don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure you don't, but at least at least that couple sounded really sweet. Together, and I thought for sure she might freak out at the playlist's name, but honestly, she seemed to like the label of future. I was like, whoa, and she was like, wait, this is the playlist I want exactly.
Speaker 1: They could be so cute.
Speaker 2: He sounded like a great boyfriend after the road trip, though.
Speaker 1: I want him to hear about if they.
Speaker 3: Get married, do they do a duet at the wedding or.
Speaker 6: Just in performing.
Speaker 2: What's funny is he didn't say whether his best friend who's getting married, asked him.
Speaker 1: If he was just going to show up and do it a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of a surprise. Yeah, you guys got a couple of extra mics back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I feel like it's going to go down for sure.
Speaker 3: I feel like we helped out that couple. And if you're looking for a fun couple's friendly playlist, you can always go to our podcast and hear all of our awkward Tuesdays are second Day calls, phone taps, and more. Just search Brooke and Jeffrey