Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Ready, when you're ready, let's get it all. How's it going, everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday's three, Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley ten and Pacific one Eastern.
Speaker 2: And it is Tuesday here on this show. And you know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. It's the big day. It is AW Dynamite versus NXT Tonight. I may be gone tomorrow, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I won't go it.
Speaker 1: It actually won't matter because I don't think the ratings will come out. So after tomorrow's show's over, somebody should skip Thursday. But madness has already broken out all over the world of wrestling, and we'll continue throughout today, we'll continue tonight, it will continue tomorrow and probably the next day and Thenefully by the weekend we can all live normal lives again. But yes, n XT and Dynamite head to head tonight will tell you everything. As of right now, there's probably more to come, but we've got lineups, we've got bonus time, we've got no commercials, we've got people calling each other bad names. We've actually dropped to that level at this point. So we'll talk about that here today. And we've also got some ratings notes from the last week and some new Japan and Start notes, and as always, we will have the world famous Raw report the WWE fast Lane pay per views this weekend and the show went off the air with really a lot of questions, and so now we have some answers. We know the next WWE World Heavyweight Title match. It is seth Rawlins and Drew McIntyre and it is taking place in Saudi Arabia Crown Jewel on November fourth. What a way to celebrate Ranny's birthday that will be because that is her birthday. And speaking of birthday, as it is Tony Kahan's birthday today and also our own Big Vinnie v it is his birthday today as well, So we will not be celebrating that tonight because it's me and Dave tonight Wrestling Observer Radio talking about these shows and the.
Speaker 2: Arrest of them.
Speaker 1: The normal Brilly and Vinnie show will be Wednesday, but anyway, a lot to talk about it back in the month with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: Again the show.
Speaker 1: Brian Elber is here wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simber BB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Tonight, NXT and Dynamite head to head. This will be the first time they've been head to head since October eighteen, twenty twenty two, so basically exactly fifty.
Speaker 2: One weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And at that time, Dynamite did seven hundred and fifty two thousand viewers in a point two six and XT did six seventy six and a point one point eight. So this will be the next round of this, and both sides, both sides. It's not even like I mean, you know, I'm used to stupid stuff on my Twitter, but uh, there's a guy today let me read this because it was so it was so stupid I actually acknowledged it.
Speaker 2: This guy here goes.
Speaker 1: It's about TV rights, not beating the Bingo Hall fiasco. But okay, this was J Dog, Yeah, J Dog. I wish Jaye Dogg would call in so I could ask him, if it's just about TV rights, why isn't Johnson on the show every week, Why isn't the Undertaker on the show every week? Why are they all on the show this particular week. Obviously, the whole idea of having main roster people on NXT is to build up the number for the TV rights deals which are coming to But you don't see what's happening today, brother, you don't see what's going on. Don't have to explain to you. I'd be happy to J Doug. Well, you see J Doug. Today these two shows are going head to head and NXT has announced that. And they started this. They first announced that the first thirty minutes of the show would go commercial free, and then AW announced their first thirty minutes of the show are going to go commercial free. NXT of course always has an overrun, but today they have and this is not actually unlimited, but an unlimited overrun. They can go much further if they want to. And then of course AW announced, well, we're also gonna have an overrun, and so now they both have a commercial free thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: They both have an overrun.
Speaker 1: Then AB announces we're gonna have a buy in thirty minutes before the show on Acts and what else, Facebook, YouTube, whatever, They've got a buy in where Eddie Kingston will defend these Strong open Weight and the Ring of Honor World titles against Minoru Suzuki. Then we'll have the actual shows where Dynamite has Adam Copeland in his AE w Rustling debut. He will face the Giant Lucasaurus. Christian Cage will explain his recent actions towards Adam Copeland. So that's two Adam Copeland segments. We've got a Number one Contenders match Brian Danilson versus Wertz Strickland. The winner gets Christian coming up here. On Saturday's Collision, Sorea defends the AW World title against the Karashida. We have Ray Phoenix maybe defending the AW International title against John Moxley, but I still don't know what's going on there. We've got Jay White versus Hangman Page. We have got Chris Jericho versus Powerhouse Hobbs. We have an appearance by MJF and we have Timeless Tony Storm is ready for her close up. That is the Dynamite Show, and then on NXT we have got bron Breaker versus Carmelo Hayes with Paul Hayman and John Cena. You can see him tonight if you watch NXT, We've got the great Osca wrestling, Roxanne Perez. We have Butch Ridge Holland and Tyler Bate versus Gallas. Cody Rhodes fresh off thank God not break his neck in the main event of Raw last night, he has got an announcement. And then of course we have appearances by both Becky Lynch and yes, the man who does not even appear on Raw or SmackDown straight from the morgue, the Undertaker. The Undertaker is going to be on the show. Now then gets even better. Tony Kahn today on social media delivered a message to Triple H and Sean Michaels. Yes, He essentially tweeted, I guess wwet's that Undertaker and like whoever could be appearing, and then Khan posted a message calling Leveck and Michaels bald a holes.
Speaker 3: Curby your enthusiastism, oh man.
Speaker 1: That is what this has now come to. He tweeted to call them bald a holes.
Speaker 3: After following up a tweet that somebody had sent him about Vince McMahon about something that Vince had done, and Tony responded, I will find the exact tweet to get it correct, but basically intimated that Vince is guilty of a lot more sins than whatever this person talked about in the tweet here. But look, somebody look, Dagan asked. Oh boy, I'm glad some finds is so humorous. Yeah, yeah, I do. I'll tell you why. I have no money invested in this. I'm not employed by either one of the companies. I'm a fan watching at home tonight as these two behemoths of the wrestling business put on their shows and throw everything they can at the wall for one night on a random Tuesday in October while there's baseball on. I'm greatly entertained. This has gone from the point of being a little ridiculous to completely being sublime for me, with the way they're trying to one up each other and then Tony throwing in the one thing that they can't do over with the USA, Although who knows, we'll see. Maybe they'll have a half hour pre show. Maybe they'll start at seven point fifty seven like they used to do with Raw back in the day with Nitro. Who knows. I don't care whatever, it doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna be greatly entertained because of the discourse that's going on look to act, for them to act like promoters, I'm not surprised at all. And this is if Tony was doing something completely out of character, I guess you could kind of hold his feet to the fire. But when Dana White or Vince McMahon or paula Vec or Tony Kahan or Bob Aeron or Don King or whoever act like who they are when they're promoters, I'm greatly entertain. I don't expect them to be any other way. If sha started this way, then I would have a concern. But Tony doing this on his birthday? Are you kidding me a field day with this?
Speaker 1: Well he is, But Lenny here goes. Wait, it's fine when Triple H called them a pissant T shirt company, but bald a.
Speaker 2: Hole is over the line.
Speaker 1: Well company, you can you guys in the hold on a second. These guys can say whatever they want. But as we all know from the internet, which sucks. Okay, I think we can all admit that when we finally start resorting to personal attacks, if nothing else you come across like you're gotten to so bro, there's a million things. There's a million things that you can say back and forth, but we've actually dropped to bald a Holes.
Speaker 3: It's a reference whatever it's.
Speaker 1: I know it is, But okay, he just took a random reference. He could have Gilligan's Island, but he just happened. He was calling them bald a holes. Come on, what do you want him to say?
Speaker 3: Brian? What do you want You don't have to say anything.
Speaker 1: Just book the best show and try and win tonight. That's what the other side should be doing too.
Speaker 3: And that's what they're doing. This is just a spectacle.
Speaker 1: Let it be a spectacle for Oh, it's a spectacle now, it's.
Speaker 3: An absolute it is. It's completely ridiculous and who knows. Look NXT with that unlimited time, it's probably going to be one minute past wherever aew does. But look at that. Can you imagine them pushing until eleven thirty or ten thirty at night with an NXT show again on a random Tuesday in October. Again, it's ridiculous. Let them be ridiculous. Get it out of their systems.
Speaker 1: Come on, get it out of their systems. Let me tell you what's not gonna happen, Mike. They're not gonna get it out of their systems.
Speaker 3: They will for a couple of days. Hold on the next time, No.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second.
Speaker 1: You think it's bad now it hasn't even happened yet. Well tonight it's gonna happen, and then tomorrow there's gonna be a winner and a loser. Yes, it's gonna gonna get it out of their systems. You think the loser is gonna go? Ah, I lost. I'm gonna move on to something else now, of course, not gonna think again.
Speaker 3: Brother on to whoever's pouring it on him, whoever wins, and it gets to get be one up on.
Speaker 2: Him back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show Brian Elveraz here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Simper BB also Wrestling Observer dot Com.
Speaker 3: We gotten to Brian Alvara now.
Speaker 1: Actually, people are gotten too all over. I can't even look at the chat. All right, we got more. So here's uh, here's the last couple of days. Rampage three sixty five zero point six percent from last week point twelve, which was down so it was just a show as usual. SmackDown was up to two point three million and a point sixty four in eighteen to forty nine, nearly doubled everything on network TV. But man, that Shark Tank they did pretty well. And then we've got Collision three fifty three, so you know they'll go against a WWE paper We know. It's funny though, is uh Actually Collision actually did And granted there was other competition as well, but not a lot, but Collision did worse against NXT than the actual WWE Fascline pay per view.
Speaker 2: That's kind of an interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with less college football competition that day than they had at any point during the year, it was really weird. Three hundred and forty five thousand against that payback, three hundred and twenty seven thousand against No Mercy. The thing was, there was about thirteen million people watching football and another two and a half million watching baseball that night, So these numbers here, three hundred and fifty three thousand went against almost seventeen million people watching football in baseball over during the exact same time that Collision was on. So it shows you how much of a chunk I mean, it really is like a quarter of their people, you know, maybe a little less than that, but that's how many people they lose every time something is on WWE Network or Peacock.
Speaker 1: Show even aired an hour early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which probably I would say probably didn't help matters either.
Speaker 1: So actually probably did because the first hour was not head to head with WWE, only second hour points. That's good, but regardless, I mean, I think this proves that NXT is the hottest brand in all of wrestling right now.
Speaker 2: That's what this proves.
Speaker 3: See, that's your problem with Tony Kahan's tweets is and now you're on Paul Lev's payroll.
Speaker 2: Aa oh do I have to hear that one?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: M M A New Japan and Stardom will be both holding events January fourth. 's what's so funny about that?
Speaker 3: Then? Nothing funny at all?
Speaker 2: Actually, well you snorted when I read it?
Speaker 1: Did I read it again? No?
Speaker 3: Keep reading?
Speaker 1: Well, January fourth of the Tokyodome City Hall, Stardom will run a show before Wrestle Kingdom. Bell time is noon, so you can go to Stardom and Wrestle Kingdom without missing a thing. That's what Stardom wrote, and those exact words. I like press releases like that. So uh yeah, this reminds me of back when I worked at the uh the the Tacoma Dome Event Center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't quite the Tacoma Dome.
Speaker 3: Did you have to stay there all day and only get paid for one event? But work too?
Speaker 1: No, there was not a show at the Tacoma Dome. It was only the Ta Coma Dome Event Center. Yeah. So uh yeah, that's that's the that's the news. I got nothing else to talk about today except raw. So why don't y'all ask me some questions? That's all always a fun time. Four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Text me your questions and I'll answer them. Might even take some questions from the chat here. Oh, but sometimes I don't like looking at it.
Speaker 3: Is the YouTube chat better than the Twitch chat today?
Speaker 1: Well, they're subscribers, so they're always a little bit there. All right here, Uh, this person says you missed a ricochet segment with that in Pierce where in the background Drew McIntyre was talking to Ria Ripley. Is it building something? You think that was an accident? Yes, that is building to something.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you do you like it? I like it, actually, even if I don't love every single thing about some of these storylines. One of the things that I've wanted AW to do, or just want wrestling to do in general, is link your top group and have those tentacles go down and have a bunch of intertwining storylines. One of the great years in wrestling nineteen eighty six, the Great American Bash, the NWA. You had the Horsemen on top, and you had a strong unit. It wasn't just one person and a bunch of flunkies. They actually were a strong unit together. And those they were mixing it up with the Russians, who were mixing it up with Dusty and Magnum, who were mixing it up with the Midnight Express and the Rock all of that stuff in two a lot. Look, I know not everybody loves what WWE's doing or their characters right now, but at least they have a lot of that intertwining together with the Judgment Day with Drew, with Sammy and Kevin and Jay and all that sort of stuff. So I actually applaud them for that because that's the type of thing. Again, when something happens, you can fall back on little parts of the story here and there. I just wish they would be a lot more careful with it with the rest of the roster.
Speaker 2: So Fightful here.
Speaker 1: This was tweeted twenty four minutes ago. Says WWE higher ups told Fightful Select and Top Talent that the company is not currently in talks with cmpunk about AWE return, which is uh that goes against what Dave wrote The Observer this Friday. Now, I have no idea, I don't know, but I do know this.
Speaker 2: I do know this.
Speaker 1: It was brought up on the internet last week that if you've been paying attention to WWE programming lately, oddly, coincidentally, there have been several lines used on WWETV that were taken directly out of old cmpunk promos. Coincidence, perhaps there's only so many words in the English language. You know what I'm saying, But I couldn't help but notice it. Last night on Raw, they absolutely, without question did a reference to cempunk, And that was Hinskey Nakamura coming out attacking Ricochet, grabbing him and hitting him with a GTS on the stage. A GTS.
Speaker 3: Well, that was in tribute to Keenta.
Speaker 1: Obviously they did not call it a GTS, but they my god, look at that knee. And then they showed a replay. Oh hey, in case you missed it, take a look at this, and he hit him with the the GTS. Now, there there are several possibilities here. Possibility number one is that they are in discussions with cmpunk and for whatever reason, they're trying to downplay that. Number two is they're not in discussions with cmpunk because if you recall, but I mean, this was according to Fightful, this is what they told talent.
Speaker 2: This is a little bit different.
Speaker 1: You know, there was a there was an incident where Randy Orton I think this might have been around WrestleMania or whatever.
Speaker 2: Randy Orton was seen.
Speaker 1: And words started getting out that he might be back, and actually went out of their way to contact media to tell them he's not coming back, and he wasn't coming back. They wanted it made very clear that he wasn't coming back. So I mean, if they you know, if they contact mediaan go there is absolutely nothing he is not We're not in discussions or whatever. Then that's probably true based on history, but it's pretty coincidental all of this stuff that they've been doing involving cmpunk lately. But I was one person did make a very good point, which was maybe the reason they're doing that, Maybe the reason there was a GTS last night is that it is a test in the sense of that what would fan How would fans react to this? I mean, are they clamoring for it? Are we doing this stuff and it's like all over the internet and people are interested in it? You know, will it get a big pop if Shinske Nakamura does a GTS on raw And by the way, the answer to that is no. It got absolutely no reaction whatsoever. I mean, it was almost stunning, like they were just dead quiet when he.
Speaker 2: Did this GTS.
Speaker 1: So it is possible that maybe they're you know, the term usually is, you know, you send out feelers to talent. Maybe they're sending out feelers to fans, like, would would our fan base want to see this?
Speaker 2: Would they care?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was the best way to do it. You can do it through a commentary, surely, But I mean if he started rapping a figure four on do you think people would be saying, oh my god, Rick Flair is coming back.
Speaker 1: But people do the figure four all the time. But thet when's the last time there was a GTS on WWE television. The answer is twenty twelve before he left. Okay, there hasn't been. Dude, Kendy was doing that in NXT for crying Out and that was his finish.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I like convoy here calling it to go to Stamford. You can go ahead and rename it that if you want to, but look, I it would get They don't need to send test balloons out to do that. I don't know if they're necessarily doing that. They may be having fun with themselves, and they may be also in negotiations, not negotiations, in some sort of you know, covert negotiations. Who knows what's going on there. But I don't think they need to take it to that level of trying to you know, Shinsky using the GTS, and that's gonna immediately make fans brains just immediately go to punk.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how AW brought him in, just a little teas here and there, and by the time it happened like people were going crazy. So maybe they're trying something similar there for this audience.
Speaker 3: You refer to pipe bombs, you refer to you throw you know, a next symbol up with the hands, that sort of stuff. I think, well, if he's not going to drive it home more.
Speaker 1: Sure, Survivor series is Chicago at the end of November. So if you're throwing out a tease every week, you don't start with someone putting axes on tape on here, but we'll see. I don't know what's going on, but we shall see. What do you think of them apples?
Speaker 3: How you like those apples better than pumpkins? I can tell you that more apples, cinnamon, less pumpkins. Spice? Okay, sure should be. You got an opinion on that? You don't like either one? Do you nope? Sucks? What do you drink during when he gets cold outside? Hot cocoa anything like that? Or you you poor chocolate?
Speaker 1: Now, this person says, if that GTS produced a loud cmpunk chant w w W would be way more interested in bringing him back.
Speaker 2: Well, they probably would, probably would.
Speaker 1: Are you okay today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't think of Actually, well, we'll be right back with Raw Observer Live.
Speaker 3: Back on the show. Mike Sperven. Brian Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live Sports Byline Broadcasting Network right now. Brian is angrily responding to what are.
Speaker 1: You talking about I've been sitting here just getting everything ready to go, and you jump the gun. Jimmy Christmas.
Speaker 2: Hey, do we talk about that Raw show?
Speaker 3: Yes? It was this. People are asking how.
Speaker 1: Much I can't even believe I'm saying this, but people are asking how much glue you sniffed today.
Speaker 2: I hope that's not true.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. See you know what, I don't care what anybody says. I don't care how anybody feels about this stupid day which ends with NXT and AW and me probably watching the Orioles and the Rangers. Look, it's ridiculous. Raw was a show last night. We'll get to it here in this segment, but every right now leaning to tonight, and I want to see if Tony Kahn has tweeted anymore on his birthday.
Speaker 2: This person thinks you ate paste.
Speaker 3: You did that when you were little.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't you paint chips. I didn't need anything new.
Speaker 3: That's opilioma money, just.
Speaker 2: The same thing, over and over six years.
Speaker 3: Well, peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: So Raw opened up with Seth coming down to the ring and he appeared none the worse for wear, But then he reminded us his back was broken, and he started teasing that he was going to have to relinquish the title and retire. But then he pulled to Rick Flair, I will never retire, and he said he was just getting started. Buddy said, you know, I'd like one night off. Crowd booed him vociferously. They did not want him to take one night off, and so out Drew and Roland said, oh man, I wanted one night off.
Speaker 2: And here you are.
Speaker 1: He won a championship match, and Drew said, listen, I'm just here to issue a challenge and I want you to be one hundred percent or as close to one hundred percent as possible, and I want you in a title match at Crown Jewel. Seth was like, wow, you're not going to attack me. Drew says, no, I want you close to one hundred percent, and so Seth has taken aback. He wants Drew to sing his song with Drew goes, I got business to attend to.
Speaker 2: So Drew starts to leave.
Speaker 1: He's halfway up the ramp and Damian Priest hits the ring and he starts beating the crap out of Seth. Rawlins and even though Drew said I want you close one hundred percent. He just stands there and watches. But then Priest comes out to try to cash in, or Don comes out with the briefcase to give to Priest. Drew stops him and he throws the briefcase, and then Seth makes a comeback and Priest doesn't get to cash in, so Priest is furious, and that leads to a segment later. So uh Ivar faced Koffe in a Viking Rules match, and the Viking Raiders are out of action for a while as a team because Ivar's partner, what's his name?
Speaker 3: Ivar and Stanley Brian.
Speaker 2: No one knows is it really?
Speaker 1: Is it? When we really come to this on a Eric? That's right Eric? So Eric is injured, and so now Ivar is getting this monster gimmick and he is an awesome monster, and so he and Kofe had a Viking Rules match, and this match was really fun. It was not quite as good as the first Ivar versus Coffee match. That match was awesome, but they used all the gimmicks and everything like that.
Speaker 2: And then for first Valhalla tried to interfere.
Speaker 1: So then her name Woods comes down to the ring and you know, can't do man on woman violence. So she just kind of yells at him and she goes running after him, and he ducks and she goes over the rail and then i of Ar kills Woods with a crossbard in the barricade, and then Kofe tries the kick. Ivar catches him, puts him through a table, climbs up top, hits the moon salt and pins Kofe.
Speaker 2: This was a fun match we had, Priest.
Speaker 1: He's holding McDonough up like on the ceiling. He's choking him on the ceiling, and the rest of the Judgment days show up and they start yelling at JD to shut up, and Finn and Rear reveal, yeah, we didn't come out there earlier. We're talking to Pierce. We've got you and me a tag team title rematch next week. So Priest is okay with that, but then he says I'm not done dealing with JD and Drew, and Rhea.
Speaker 2: Says, don't worry about Drew.
Speaker 1: You've got the briefcase when the time is right, and JD, she says, you need to prove yourself tonight. You are gonna go and take out Drew McIntyre. And he outs nothing to do with this, but he has to say yes, and then Priest tells him to me wants to finish you off after Drew breaks you in half. We had Raquel and Naya jacks. This segment sucked, absolutely sucked. The match sucked. And then Ria just ran in for the DQ. At least it was short and then relays out Naya. Raquel lays out Rhya relays out Raquel. Shana hits the ring, Rhea pulls her off. Naya, Rie and Shana get in a fight about who wants Nayamoor Shana Suplex's Ria gives the running need a layer out Shana Basler the last woman standing.
Speaker 3: You know it's a bad segment or a bad match when Brian goes full kN M seven simulator and just starts listing moves to get.
Speaker 1: But that's what happened. It was just like, all right, I got it. So then Seth is told. He tells Drew the match is official for Crown Jewel, but then he goes, what's your problem? Why didn't you You said you want to me a one hundred percent. You didn't save me tonight, and Drew says, by the way, did you hear this one. Tell me when I'm telling a lie.
Speaker 2: He says, hmm.
Speaker 1: He says, let me know what I'm telling a lie. I said that I was not getting involved in anything that's not my business.
Speaker 2: And then Seth is like, well.
Speaker 1: You stop the cash in, and Drew goes, yes, if he cash is in this whole Raw Rosters is gonna be just like the bloodline.
Speaker 2: Well, the Judgment Day running Wild, they'll have the title. I can't have that.
Speaker 1: Andrew's like, oh, or Seth says, you're looking out for everybody. Oh, that's so nice of you. That makes perfect sense, and Drew Commy goes, it does make perfect sense. And so Seth says, well, don't worry about the Judgment Day. They couldn't take the title for me, and neither can you.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're doing a great job putting layers onto Drew MacIntyre. If and when he does turn heel, he has enough heal excuses as to why you're wrong. I'm right, I was doing the right thing. You're talking about me. No, it's you that were the issue throughout this whole thing. They are being very careful with that.
Speaker 1: I like that that we have Michael Cole interviewing Cody and jay Usso, so Michael Cole is a commentator.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm still not really a fan of Michael Cole. Like tonight, I mean, he could not tell the dear me a straight armbar and disarmer to save his life, like over and over again. But the Michael Cole entering interviewer who's old and crusty and takes no bs anymore, I like this guy. So he's interviewing Cody and jay Us and he says, Cody, I have a question for you. How to winning these tag titles play into finishing the story? He says, Are you content with this defending the tag titles? Is this going to deter you from finishing your story? Or perhaps you don't want another crack at the WE title because you failed the first time around and again no fault of yours. Perhaps you're scared of trying again because you're going to let some people down. Coley, He's like, Okay, I would like to talk about the tag team titles. I'm quite happy to have won these tag team titles. And Cale says, no, no, no, hold on a second, I want my question answered. You came this close to winning the WWE title just like your dad did. Is that gonna be your story?
Speaker 2: I'm like, wow, Son.
Speaker 1: So before Cody cannounced her, outcomes sammy' zan. So this is this is a long term bill to Cody finishing the story. If you haven't figured that out yet, Yeah, so about it. They hit Sammy's the wrong music, They hit his heel music back when he was you know, whatever he was. And so they come out it's Kevin and Sammy and they want a shot at the tag team titles, and long story short, both teams agree to.
Speaker 2: Do it tonight for the main event, which.
Speaker 1: Is amazing because when they announced it for tonight, I was like, there's no way they're doing it tonight. And then when it was clear they were doing it tonight, I was like, there's no way we're getting a finish.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be like a dq Ken out.
Speaker 1: Wherever we gotta finish. So then we had the Knackamer Gts and then Chad Gable, Bronson and Ricochet for a shot at Gunther next week. When they announced it was next week, I knew that Chad wasn't winning because I think they're also building to him getting a match against probably beating him, for the title at some point down the road. But my made man Bronson. This guy won. He crushed Ricochet with my favorite move, the tsunami, and next week on RAW. I can't even believe they didn't put this on n XT. Gunther versus Bronson Reid for the Intercontinental title. Yes, please, this sounds like the match of a generation. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Maybe overselling it a little bit, No, you know what, no Awson going on.
Speaker 1: They can prove me wrong, but at this point this is my most anticipated match of twenty twenty three, Bronson, Reid and Gunther. The only thing would be better if it was like another Gunther versus Elia Dragonov match.
Speaker 3: Hey look, I know they got Kampa now back with Johnny Gargano, which puts them firmly on the baby face side of the ledger. But I kind of liked him and Bronson Reid operating in their own vile sphears where they'll fight anybody. I like that on my pro wrestling roster. I hope they keep Bronson Reid that way.
Speaker 1: All right, Nothing like doing a show live and your wife text ask what's for lunch?
Speaker 3: Well, what's for lunch?
Speaker 1: So anyway, then we add Becky plugging her book and she's plugging, plug and plug and says in bookstores and then she goes, it's out in March. Whyfe I go to a bookstore then? Because it's not there, Becky. And then Zia Lee shows up. And Zia Lee, who I haven't scene since like the spring, she shows up and she goes, what about me? And Becky goes, what about you? And Zia goes, I want a shot, and Becky goes, I'm not a hard man to find. So apparently they're gonna have a match. Then we had Drew McIntyre and j D McDonough. Drew killed him, Claymore beat him up and that was the end of that, Drew being kept strong. For that title match, we had Wade Barrett interviewing DIY. They were attacked by Imperium and then man, they had a Tigan Knox video package. They had a Tigan Knox interview, and they finally go out for Becky versus Tigan Knox and for this match, the crowd's dead, like they are just dead. It was a babyface babyface match. They thought Teagan had no chance of winning and the match was good and then finally, like the last thirty seconds they finally got into it. Becky beat her with the disarmer, shook the hand, and they're telling the story that she didn't win, but she's on the rise this Tiagan knocks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we'll show it off. Then beating Italian. Next week, beat somebody there, somebody?
Speaker 1: Were you not paying attention? Natty? Next week is facing Piper, who is won half of the Tag champs. Naddy will beat her, and then Teagan and Natty will beat Piper, Nibbing and Chelsea to win the tag team titles and then maybe they'll try for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh god, and then break up or crazy whe How does Chelsea Green fit in all this?
Speaker 1: She loses the tag team titles because she's one half of them, Mike then Forgottens, then what happens?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: How could it be any better or worse than what she's doing now?
Speaker 3: Maybe she can go to NXT and talk to the women in the kitchen. I hope they do that tonight. I hope the Undertaker is there and he's got everybody around him and he's doing his one man show in that little kitchen area where everything goes down and all the drama builds up.
Speaker 1: Then we had an amazing moment. They bring out Kevin and Sammy with Sammy's right music this time. Then they do the thing where they go to break, so these two poor blokes have to stand in the ring for four minutes and then they come back from break. But now it's time for a Ludwig Kaiser video package. So first off the package itself, I'm dying. He's there and he's he's in Europe, and he's got his fancy outfit and his fancy everything, and you know, he likes art and music and he's chiseled.
Speaker 2: And everything like that.
Speaker 1: And they go back to the ring and Kevin is sitting on the top rope and he's clearly just been watching this video and he has the greatest look of disgust on his face and he just turns to sam and he goes, what in the hell was that? And Sammy cracks like he starts laughing, and then they cut away and I was like, I don't have an answer for you, Kevin, I don't know what the hell that was. So it's Kevin and Sammy versus Jay and Cody for the tag titles, and believe it or not. Jay and Cody beat him. They hit the one D on Kevin and they pinned him in the middle of the ring, and when it was over, they offered the handshake and Kevin shook Jay's hand.
Speaker 2: And hugged him.
Speaker 1: He's accepted him now, making him on with more Observer Live. Back in the show, Brian Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live Mixmber vv, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Pirse here says fight full of Nick Houseman, both saying they don't believe Punk is coming in. What can you tell us? I can't tell you anything. I talked about it earlier. I have absolutely no idea. Okay, I know one hundred percent that there have been weird things on raw of late. That doesn't mean he's coming in. It doesn't mean he's not coming in, but it did happen, so I don't know. I mean, listen, Punk himself did commentary on the MMA show that he did his commentary for What's the name of the place, and and they even they asked, like, what'suppen he goes, I got nothing new for the next two months. It was clearly to make you think that he's coming in for Survivor series. I mean, I don't know what's going on, but you know, people could be trolling, people could be lying, people could be doing all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: I do not know the c FFC Cage Fury Fighting Championships.
Speaker 2: This Lenny here is gonna be the death of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he really is.
Speaker 1: In large stretches for a hot company. I said they were dead for a match one match. They were dead for one match on the show. I watched Collision and they were also dead for one match on the show. Sometimes a crowd doesn't care about a match, it happens, and sometimes they go crazy. You know what. I think they're gonna go pretty crazy tonight for ay WNNXH.
Speaker 3: You need to start going crazy three and a half hours away before the buy it happens. No, get the night started, start pregaming now. Let's damn.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna Gorilla hot Dog talk to you next time, Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network