Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Forty eight percent of young people are not invested into the full one K and the clip got a lot of reaction online and then a lot of people was saying, well, the reason why we don't invest in on four one k is because it's a scam and the full one K only gives you, you know, three percent a year. We could do better in the stock market. We don't need to invest in a four one k a variety of different things. And then we actually ran into her this weekend and we had a conversation about it. Uh So I thought that it was interesting. But you know, I do think that it is important to have some level of responsible conversation about a full one K, being that I used to be a financial advisor, So you might be disappointed as I am a radical person, but I'm also a responsible person. So it's my duty.
Speaker 4: So I got to be the devil in this conversation.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: It's my duty to add some level of responsibility to this. Okay, where do I start? Full one K is.
Speaker 4: Not a scam.
Speaker 3: It's not a scam.
Speaker 5: Dore's an under deliver on the return on investment that a person should receive by investing in it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing, right, four one K is not It's not like a one size fit all. There's a variety of different four one k. So depending on who your four one K provider is, you usually have anywhere from six to I've seen up to one hundred that's on the rare side, anywhere from six to twenty five thirty. Different options of how you choose to invest your full one k. You have different options of how you choose to invest your four one k, So it's not like a set thing of like you're only going to get three percent now. You usually can't. You usually cannot have a self directed four one k. Sometimes you can, but very rarely can you have a self directed for one K. So you can't invest in like Apple stock, you can't invest in Microsoft, but you can invest in that SI people one hundred. You can't invest in different you know, a growth fund, an international fund, and we talk about investing in funds is actually a better way to go about stock marketing, investing in investing. And but look outside of that, I've made money in for one ks. I like I said, I was an advisor. I've seen people with two million, three million dollars in the full one case. It's not a scam. You can make a lot of money in your full one CA's it's a form of investing. It is great to lower your tax liability, right and if you're a business owner. You could put even more money into the full one K plan, so it lowers your tax liability, so you save money on taxes. Now you get tax when you take the money out. But if you have a rough fall one K, there's a there's a rough fall one K, just like there's a rough IRA. The wrough fall one K allows you to put money in. You don't get it. You don't get tax savings, but it's tax free when you take the money out, just like a rough IRA would be. But it allows you to put more money and than a regular IRA would be. So it's extremely important to diversify. Guys, you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket, but there's nothing wrong with saving for your retirement. Retirement is not that far away. The age fifty nine and a half is not that old. Like you know, it's crazy. I still look seventeen, you know, and.
Speaker 4: You feel seventeen, right, But is it nothing far off?
Speaker 3: But I'm almost forty next week? No, I'm almost forty, So so he's not claiming that jet I mean, I'm not forty. I'm forty next week. So I say that to say forty years happened pretty quickly, So before you know it, God willing, I'll be sixty pretty quickly. Right, it's not gonna be too it's not gonna be too long before I'm sixty years old. So I think it's important to say for your retirement. The four one K does provide you a vehicle and if they match, if your company matches, that's even better because that's even that's free money. So you know, it's like I said, should you put every single dollar that you have into your four one K? No, that's not advisable. You can do other things. You could be more risky, you could have you know, different allocations. But I do think that it's important to save for your future. And most people don't have retirement savings. So when you get to that point in time, you know, you're faced with limited options if you haven't planned earlier in your in your life. So guys, it's not a scam. Guys, not a scam. Take advantage of it now, stay on top of it. Make sure that you you know, are invested the right way. I talk about target date funds. I like target date funds. It changes and becomes more aggressive as you get close to that target date. Like if it's like a twenty fifty or twenty sixty fund. It goes off of the year that you planning on retire. Like I said, you can usually invest in like an S and P five hundred. You can usually invest in you know, international growth stocks, small mid cap and give you a variety of different options. So you want to kind of look through it, or maybe sit with an advisor to kind of help you go through it. But be mindful, be mindful, don't don't you know, go with just something that you heard and you're not fully aware of what you actually.
Speaker 2: Doing.
Speaker 5: I think the broader point people are frustrated with the return at the receiving but this is why the show is created. So continue to vest on your own pour into your four one k like you said, And the way inflation is going now, you're probably gonna need to double down these next five years on investing in your own personal accounts. Seeing what the cost of mortgages are now, the cost of rent is now. Even Nike, like I remember when Nike were the luxury shoe brand. They're almost a value shoe.
Speaker 4: Nike.
Speaker 5: Y'all need to call Kanye and don c shout out to the Midwest y'all ran the don c retro play into the ground. Revenue is dry Mark Parker this weekend. Yeah, like called don Don may have some ideas for you, but if you want better returns, you have to remember this. Nobody's gonna care about the return on investment that you receive for how much money you accumulated in your life.
Speaker 3: But you and also, so I'm reading comments, so you should definitely roll over your four one K if you leave your job.
Speaker 6: Erness what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start run and it's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 2: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring.
Speaker 6: To save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eight seen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member ATDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: To an IRA, that's beneficial, you should. The four to one K is for for profit organizations of four three B is for nonprofit organizations. But they're very similar. They have a similar type of options available to you. So if you're a teacher, if you work in a hospital, you might have a full three B but or you might have a tax to ferthernuity a TDA. But they're all kind of very similar to each other as far as what you said. Somebody says, what about the fees involved. I mean, there's fees for sure. It's managed money though, but the fees is not. It's not going to be twenty percent to hedge funds charge twenty percent to get to get you could have watched market mondays and made more money than what a hedge fund would charge you, and the hedge fund the hedge fund charging you twenty percent. So I mean, there's no free lunch. But I mean, I think I think we're arguing over something that's not really in the grand scheme of things. If you're looking at a seventy five basis points, that's that's a seventy five percent of one of one. Is that going to make or break the situation? Probably not.
Speaker 4: They said, I need to call Trump the Trump ones. Y'all going about it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the Trump one. We will talk about the Trump ones. On black we will talk about let's let's let's give them one topic that might be a blackout topic that we could talk about here. Single women own homes, own more homes than single men. And this is something that's been flowing around the internet for a while. So like Keata Watson posted in Matthew Garland he posted it, and all the real estate people posted it. Single women are a higher home ownership rates than single men at any ethnicity, any ethnicity, but it's even higher for Black people.
Speaker 7: That's I mean, that is true for home ownership, college degree, a much other things as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, But ironically enough, I think not income, I still think that black men actually earn more. Men across the board still own earn more money than women. Even though women have higher degrees, They're they're getting degrees at higher levels. The homeowners are higher levels variety of other things.
Speaker 4: In executive positions as well.
Speaker 3: Well, every every like professional position, men men still are at much higher levels than women. Okay, so let's talk about that situation.
Speaker 4: Ladies.
Speaker 5: Don't let no man actually what you bring to the table if you don't have no table of his own and don't own the house, y'all say, I'm pandering. So I'm gonna turn up the pandering shot on y'all this year. Okay, go ahead, blackout time.
Speaker 4: Those are my thoughts. Yeah, those are our thoughts.
Speaker 5: Don't let no man ask you what you bring to the table, and you're all your house, tyree. I'm sorry, it is what it is. Clip this one up. I'm going forward, Derrick Jackson. Okay Jackson, So.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys. I think that I don't think that that's the best way to go about it.
Speaker 5: That's the way I'm going about it. What Okay, when do you ask you what you bring to the table? Let me see the deed to the house, my boy.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think that's the best way to go about it.
Speaker 4: Panda is pandering.
Speaker 3: Panda is pandering. So here the thing, here the thing. So I think that it's an interesting situation taking a rational approach, for sure. I think it's it. I think it's it. I think it's a variety of different factors that go into why women might be higher home ownership is interesting. A lot of times men may have more financial obligation. Absolutely when you look at, you know, the child support system, right finished, I got a question for you when when you look at potentially having to provide for other people, A lot of that times, you know, women, you know, provide for other people as well, but the man might have, you know, other financial obligations.
Speaker 4: It's like a white out answer though.
Speaker 6: Look man, no that's not black I ain't gonna let y'all do this, No, no, but I want to know. I just want to interject really quickly because this might be a time. Did y'all see Killer Mike's thoughts about child sup.
Speaker 3: We're gonn talk about child supporter on blackout? Okay, Okay, I just want to all right, we're gonna talk about child support, will be covered on blackout. But I just feel that I feel like this is a dangerous conversation because it's one of these conversations where it pins men against women, and I don't think that that's the most productive thing to do. I do feel that everybody should bring something to the table. Now. Home ownership is good, but it's not the deciding factor. I've never dated somebody and asked them if they owned a home. That was never a deciding factor for me personally. Right, if you got, if you got a good career, if you if you got an ambition, if you.
Speaker 5: Don't as all as you are looking forward to, oh you're good boy, Like I'm a listener for both of y'all we should do this now, but I would be interested in, like, well, what are the questions that we are asking as we're dating.
Speaker 4: We should we should add that.
Speaker 3: Well, we also live in an economy where it's becoming increasingly harder to become a homeowner. That's true, even if you make a lot of money, it's still becoming increasing increasing increasingly harder to become a homeowner. And is home ownership even work for it at this point in time? We got to argue about Wall Street Journal put an article out that said that you know, now it's actually more beneficial to be a renter than to be a homeowner.
Speaker 7: Or could that be propaganda for us to have home ownership or stripped to it that Well, if we just talked about the statistics about the appreciation over the past eight years going up eighty percent and us not having homes, that we don't participate in any of that.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.