Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my row Flame. Come in with last and come.
Speaker 3: In with your love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now, comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Tips? Yeah? You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, We're gonna last, coming to kick in, and at the end we leave it with just a list of spirits.
Speaker 3: Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, you'll folks say you slip. Oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 1: Goody?
Speaker 3: No this do what you do?
Speaker 1: No do what you do?
Speaker 2: No kids, do what I do?
Speaker 3: No fish.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Hey, this is comedian Say Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learned. We are here, y'all. We just came off of hot vice presidential debates. I am here with my beautiful co host, the one and only the icons, the miss Toots. Hi you Bobby, Oh Tuts?
Speaker 3: How's it going? They speak to chill It must be good.
Speaker 1: I had a great week, Bobby. I went to Ben Salem, Pennsylvania this past weekend with Tiffany Haddish, And you know what I learned about my country that I love that I lived in, and as much as so many of us on this side of the fans who does not support Donald Trump, Ben Salem reminded me of how many people are on the other side that absolutely adored Donald Trump. And I say that not to say that there's love and hate, but it just showed me that a lot of people have a lot of him, and a lot of those Trump supporters came to the show at Parks Casino. Thank you Parks Casino for hosting us. We had a great time and they absolutely loved me. So with all the partisanship, because I do tell political jokes, but when I do talk about Trump, Pelosi, Biden, Harris, all of them Clinton, I am very fair at who I take a dig at, and I don't go through their politics. I go out to them as a person. So thank you to the audience there. They were great, such wonderful people in Ben Salem, and there they were Trump signs and billboards and everything, and I was like, oh my god. But because I read the room that's in front of me and not the room that I want to be in front of me, They loved me. They've got plenty of fans. I got a whole new fan base. And I hope that they are listening to laugh Aline because I did talk about it on stage. So yay. And now we're home and yesterday listen first of before we get to the debate and all that stuff, Bobby, this was a track. This was just a last These last two weeks, we have lost so many ideas, just so many people. You know, we lost Dave Maggie Smith just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 1: I loved her too, and so many movies I remember her. And I was never a big hairy party move but when I tell you I loved her in Sister Act, oh my gosh. And uh, then we just lost John Amos. Yes, well here's the thing. John Amos actually died a month ago, August first, But we just found out yesterday. Who was America's dad to me? On good times? He wasn't take you in roots. He played in so many days and he was like one of those unsung great actors who never got this huge platform. But he was always good in everything that he did. Hell, he was great in coming to America as the father he was just an all around good actor. It's a lot of stress and dramma behind him passing. We also lost the legend himself, Chris Christofferson eight years old.
Speaker 3: He was hot when he was.
Speaker 1: Young, Bobby, you took the words out of my mouth. That was I was about to say. That was a good looking white boy when he was young. Now when he was when I was young, he was already old. But I'm talking about we.
Speaker 3: Movie like I remember A Star is Born, And of course I think we were too young at the time when that came out to watch it in the real but when it came out on TV, I just remember thinking, he has you know, and sometimes people don't necessarily have to be, you know, super handsome, like perfection. Sometimes they just have it, do you know what I mean? And they and he did. He had some sort of swag that that just made him handsome. He wrote also themes in musician. He wrote all sorts of music. He was a really kind of an all around type of guy. People are upset that they they haven't told us the reason he died.
Speaker 1: I'm like he was eighty eight. You talking about he has swag? He had as he had more than swag. He has something. God, oh god, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: That's hysterical. Yeah, I think actually, John, I think he actually my father loved him in Good Times. I had to get back to him. I'm jumping from death to death. I just wanted to go back. My father had two shows that he loved. He loved actually Bunker and he he loved James from Good Times. So yeah, he kind of it kind of brought up and went. And he's the same age as my dad would have been. So I thought, well to that, Chris, Chris Jofferson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so interesting fact about John Amos. When he was on Maud and he played uh as the Road Florida's a husband or his name was Henry. But then when they got off, when they got the spinoff, The Good Hands, his name was James.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Wasn't that this? Yes? Yes, yeah, that's too funny.
Speaker 1: Yep. He played like.
Speaker 3: Jefferson he had He was a Henry too, wasn't he when.
Speaker 1: He was he was on the Jeffersons.
Speaker 3: No, No, not him. When the character the lead character on The Jeffersons, George, wasn't George's name originally Henry When he was with Archie Bronker the first first episode.
Speaker 1: I believe so, I believe it was yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was a different actor, and then they brought in nothing. I didn't like that actor, but I liked the actor that ended up playing him.
Speaker 1: His name was Sherman. His name was Shermy Hemsley. May he rest in peace. But John Amis was a great actor back to Chris Christophers and when he made the Stars Born, he was so hot. And from what the rumors out about Barbara, I'm sure Barbara Schwuss ain't got her a little taste because they say barbarady Man. They say Barbara did man baby.
Speaker 3: And I know, and who could blame her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He was.
Speaker 3: He was quite pretty. You know who outside was the je Beverly Hills Taggart, No, that was the role John Ashton. John Ashton was he passed away to I mean, we had a lot of people passed away and then somebody that's in and around our age. I'm just gonna say that we can say we were younger. I can't say his name, but he was an NBA player.
Speaker 1: His name was the Kim Babe Mutumbo.
Speaker 3: Oh God, bless you, better you than me.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember him because he was so tall and so dark African basketball player. They said he was a fantastic humanitarian. He was fifty eight years old. He had brain cancer.
Speaker 3: It's not terrible. You probably probably did everything right eight all the right foods, got tons of exercise, and then when God calls you sometimes he just calls you.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, and listen to me carefully to my people out here, and laugh and learn laying that is a walk that we all will take. You cannot get around that one. So, in the words of Martin Luther King from his nineteen sixty three memoirs, once you accept that you are free, you gonna die. That's it. Ain't nowhere around that. You just got to live because you're going to die.
Speaker 3: Oh but who let's talk about all right? So we did the death Who had a birthday this year, this week, two days ago, oh, yesterday?
Speaker 1: Who had a birthday? Oh? Jimmy Carter? Yes, so many. But you know, I was so proud of Jimmy Carter for making it to one hundred, because so many big name hilarities made it to ninety nine.
Speaker 4: So close white white, Yeah, but he made it and like Ruth David made against her too, wasn't she like ninety nine.
Speaker 3: I think she was. Yeah, she was. She was with God bless her.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 3: She was up there for sure. But his next big thing because he communicates, he's very slow, so you know, he's probably Biden times five hundred, but he speaks every day.
Speaker 1: By Bobby, I am not going to let you attack my president has a reference. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He's slow and calculating, like I think, because.
Speaker 1: What happens, I don't try to clean don't try to clean it up now. JD. Vayans, Oh my god, white people, you white people, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 3: But I think what happens is when you become a more seasoned person and if you have a speech impediment. I think they're so on him for everything and being old. And you know, they don't talk about Donald Trump as much with all his gaffs and everything, but they certainly ride write port Joe like a horse. I think he's very measured in the way he speaks. So they say that Jimmy is the same. He had two goals. He wanted to make it till one hundred, and he wants his next goal is and then he's set to go. He wants to vote for Kamala Harris in November, so I hope to God that he gives him the next however many days next, thirty four.
Speaker 1: Thirty three days, well, listen, early voting has already started. He can put his ballet in now, just in case. And I'm gonna tell you what I'm so surprised about with Jimmy Carter. I love that he made it this far. But after Rosalind died, you know, because they had been together for such a long time, and usually when it's a couple like that that's been married a long time and one partner dies, it's usually less than a year that the other one follows. With Jimmy Carter is a trooper, and he said, I ain't going nowhere. He said, I'm gonna get this vote in. I love the determination him and what was the other one named Magul? I learned the determination of we're gonna win this. But the October fall out has hit, and we're going to get to the October fall because if y'all watching the news in real time, oh, the ship didn't hit the thing. And let's me just say it out loud.
Speaker 3: It is thirty three days till election. So Jimmy has to if you want to. I kind of imagine the Secret Service would even let him go in person, but he just has to hang on till then. I saw this week, just speaking if we clean up some election stuff, I saw that The New York Times ABC News reported that The New York Times is actually supporting Kamala Harris. So that was a little bit interesting to me, you know, thumbs up for that. We will get to the election, which I got to say, I was pleasantly surprised in a lot of ways, which we'll talk about that in a couple of seconds, but we might as well get to You've been saying it, You've been saying it for a year that something always happens in October that sway people. As far as the boat we had Cally doing putting in those that complaint about the emails back in twenty sixteen, not that anybody caused COVID, but COVID came out like that was a whole big mess that had be at least cleaned up. There were other things that were going on that were that were more prevalent, And then I'd say this this strike, wouldn't you I think this is the mess, because that could totally f with the the economy. Well, no, it knows better than you what the what you report's going to look like.
Speaker 1: With the long shoreman, Yes, the long shoreman went on strike and it just happened yesterday. And it's so crazy because this is only day two. And I am an avid costco shopper. I love a Rearbi steak and I usually buy four at like fifty bucks. I went today, just today, and it was eighty four dollars. So the price gaalaging has already started. Bobby. I mean my word to the wise of anybody, if you had not stocked up, if you have the or the funds to go and stock up, I asked that you do it as sooner than later because this is only day two. Can you imagine what's going to be going to be like come day seven, if they're still on strike, it's going to be astro and prices of food and stuff it's already high. But this is going and mind you, this is not on Biden's watch. The food. Prices of food came in because of the economy that Donald Trump left him, but it's still but it's still under Biden's rule right now. So yeah, I don't think Biden for this.
Speaker 3: No, people keep talking about that with the economy in inflation, and nobody mentioned. It's like everybody has forgotten that in twenty twenty we had the pandemic which left everything up. I remember you did a coffee time. I don't know if you were walking the dogs. I don't know what you were doing. Maybe maybe it was just a call to me. I feel like you showed it to everybody and you went down and you flipped the camera and they they were stacked twelve deep, like a twelve layer cake out there in the water. All I could all I could think of the time was holy smokes, what is the oil and stuff in.
Speaker 1: Your bay going to be?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, waiting to be unloaded because we couldn't get anybody to get in to unload these ships. And President Biden put a mandatory jack up on you know, he gave some sort of funding to jack up what they'd be earning to get the ships undone. We don't need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, Bobby and we had our points. They were they would lined up like a damn freeway on a Friday in the rainstorm during rush hour and it was just it was just the truth. Loads and loads and loads and loads of them. Uh, those long and shortmen make decent money, They make really good money now. But whatever they want, I hope that they come to a happy medium, because supply and demand is real in this country, and if we don't have it, they're going to price gall just unbelievably, and people are already suffering hard in this country. The timing of this is very, very bad because it looks like it's going to fall on Biden's lap. But if your mind is made up about who you're deciding to vote for, then your mind is already made up. This is only October second, hear me, we got twenty nine more days. Trust me. Lots and lots more will happen between now and the next twenty nine days to make you, guys make a different decision on how you want to vote. But hear me. If you're watching the news today, it just came out that Trump had his hand in the cookie job. He caught him cheating, he had a hand in the twenty sixteen elections, the cheating scans. It's just a mess all over. But we got twenty nine days and you have to make a decision. Now, early voting has started. I employ you to vote now. I'm telling you right now, don't let nobody write on your ballot. I'm not even a favorite of mailing ballots at the moment, because the Joy was appointed on the Trump's watch and the Joy is still the postmaster General. And I'm not saying that you should be leary of it, but you should be cautious of it because your vote could come up missing. Also, I just found out that they have people at the polling stations outside with bags and say, oh, here, you can just give it to us and we'll turn it in. Those people are doing now on you. You take your ballot in and you drop it in the ballot box. You do not hand it off to somebody else. They may look like they're an official person for the ballot, for working for the polls, but they are not. The cheat is on and we got to beat the cheat. We have to beat the cheat. That's name of the episode. We have to beat the cheat. Put right there down, Bobby. So we have to beat the cheat. Because here we are right now, and we are down to the wire. And if you can see that the cars are stacked up against us, on this election. So what we have to do is be diligent and be very very very precautious on how we do this. Get your tails to the polls, make sure that you vote, because we are at a crisis. Okay, what are we going to talk about, Bobby, Because I'm on one of my rampages.
Speaker 3: That's it. The only thing that I want to add to that is because I had looked in research, because you had mentioned during one of your coffee times that Harris was off of the off of the ballots in some areas, and they said, you can write it in. But here's the thing. We've discussed this before. If you're writing in her name, please do not write outside of the little box that allows you to write it in. Don't put any marks on any of the outside areas because it will invalidate it. But you can if you get to the polls and some weirdo wacko thing has happened, you can put her name. You can write her name in. Just make sure you're handing handing it and putting it into the machine. Nobody else is touching it. And if you somehow because those little felt pens can get dirty, get another ballot. If you have to, but don't pass in a ballot that has any marks.
Speaker 1: That means play. Pay attention to the particulars because they are being very particular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the what you had just mentioned that that Jack Smith case has has it's really being looked at. That he has restructured it. I'm hoping that that Federal drudge released some of the some of the narrative and we're not going to see anything till after the election. And if it's after the election and Trump gets in, we'll never see anything. That will be the end of it.
Speaker 1: But pay attention because remember the Supreme Court that he stacked with three of his conservative judges have already ruled that he will get full immunity. So now the whole Supreme Court says that a president gets full immunity. So here we are. We are you. If you guys are not paying attention to this, your eyes should be wide open, but your ears should be even bigger than your eyes because you see what's happening. Come on, Bobby, where we going?
Speaker 3: So the next thing, Oh, I want to speak about is I want our prayers to go out to the people that have been affected by the lean That's just that's some scary and sad stuff. We've had so many deaths. I think they had it. I think it was ABC that said this afternoon, we have one hundred and sixty people that have passed. But that number is it's up and down. It's been moving for the past few days. I think they're going to find more people. There were a thousand people that weren't uncalled for that drastically got reduced today is some sell service. A million people are still without service, electricity or phones, but other people have had it. And I think as service starts to get starts to get restored, that you know some of those people will be identified. But what a mess Biden was supposed to was it today or tomorrow? He's going to do a drive over. Trump was very snippy and lying up a storm about saying that Taris and Biden. Biden hasn't even bothered with them. And I will say God blessed the governor of New York and not New York, in North Carolina, Georgia, and I think Tennessee came out and said no, we were like his first asson as he got restored. The President was there, Okay, what do you need? What can I do for you, How can I help? And right now they've asked them to stay home. They don't want them, they don't want them taking resources.
Speaker 1: So look Hurricane Helene. So many hurricanes are tragically happening all over and this is hurricane season, but actual towns were wiped out in North Carolina. Body, I'm talking about all your memory, everything gone forever. Staples that you knew, that you grew up with. These storms are crazy, and I do love that Biden was right on it, But I want you guys to remember something that first of all, if you live in a hurricane area, or if you live in a tornado area flood area, the insurance right now is exceptionally high, even if you can get it, because a lot of places are not offering you insurance. Also, within the pages of Project twenty twenty five, FEMA will go away. So if you are depending on FEMA to help you to restore, rebuild, replenish, if we lose this selection to Donald Trump and the Project twenty twenty five, you won't get any help from the government from FAMA because that is a government a government program, and it will go away. There are so many things in the pages and I'm telling you, if you take your time to read them now, eight hundred and twenty two pages and nine hundred pages, you are in there somewhere somewhere, those the pages will affect you. So prayers to that.
Speaker 3: Let's government right, so we have to not just Trump. It would have been with any any GOP that they were pushing for it. He just they happened to be his people who wrote it. But it's less government, so that's what they're looking for.
Speaker 1: I will I.
Speaker 3: President Biden came out in a press conference and he said two things. I loved it. He was leaving and the media was being a little harsh with him and saying that he didn't do anything. Well, First, we want to make sure that people are aware. Before the storm hit, he had already released told told everybody that FEMA would be put in place, and he was releasing any funds. He turned around and he said, I am I'm on the phone. He's on the phone two and three hours. I don't know what they want him to do. As said, the States don't want him there because for the motor kaids and everything else that would have to be down there, they take resources. But guests who went down anyway, even though they were asked not to fancy pants and took the resources, you know, and was speaking out against Biden. Biden was furious over and he said, listen, I don't want the citizens to think that they're not going to get help right now. They feel desperate, you know, and they think they need to know and all communication is down. When they get communication, they need to know help us coming. We're going to be there. So I got to handle the beautifully.
Speaker 1: Let me cut you off a quick because Bobby could out absolutely Helen point not at all. You know, you're not you always do it anyway. So and Hurricane Helene is being backed there by another hurricane that's on this way that way again, so they have another hurricane that's coming now. It's just it's just saying, and you know, I used to think that why don't these people who live there if they know hurricanes, because we have to thrive as a country. It's just it's just a give and take situation with the world. But it's a lot of looting going on down there from what I'm seeing on the news of ABC. It's so many others. And you know, when they had Hurricane Katrina, not only was there looting, but people would be a sexually molested. It was so with all of that, we see the flooding, We hear the horrificness of people lose their homes. But what you don't see is that people are on the ground. So many horrific things happen because you've lost everything. People are desperate for water, for gas, so you'll do anything, Like you said, Bobby, people are in a moment of desperation. You'll do anything to salvage, to save your families, to get your family and your pets, to say, and if a lot of people die, sometimes you don't even have a chance to get their pets. So a lot of petty in those floods. It is just things that we don't see, and you know, people don't talk about, but it's very scary. Prayer to those people down there, and I want to just send it, you know, I never like to talk about wars, but I do want to send a special prayer because Iran has already released missiles to Israel. Was it to whether they send.
Speaker 3: Lebanon and Israel. We're both we're both being hit. I think I think the Americans helped in bringing the ones down for Israel, but I don't believe. I think that Lebanon was hit right, and that's hard well.
Speaker 1: And thank God that those were not nuclear weapons, because I'm telling you, this is all we're talking about, is these nuclears. You again, the word nuclear nuclear is scary. But if one country deploys nuclears, everybody has to deploy nuclears because it would be the endbulars civilization as oh. I can't say the word. It would be the end of civilization as we know it. And I haven't either had it edible, I could say it work, No, it's.
Speaker 3: No, there is. We are on a three sided, a three front, on the edge. And I say we because Aeron wants Ustad too, not just the Israelis. And so there there are eyes and ears over in the Middle East. So we're we're on the edge. We're on the edge. It's it's really scary. So you've got to we hate, we hate the war, but you've got to pay attention because it's going to affect It's gonna affect everything. And the one thing we're going to say yeah to our Jewish friends is happy New Year, Happy Russia.
Speaker 1: Shana, and and with these wars it affects everybody's economy. So while y'all complaining and saying that it's Biden, Biden did not kick off these wars, but it will trickle the trickle down effect and the domino effect will affect our country. Our prices are already exceedingly high. I'm telling you all to brace yourselves for the rest of the year because the rest of this year will be tight and if your money is not flowing at us, I'm asking you all to hold a penny, hide a penny, save a penny, and hoarder. This is the time to be a hoarder, to get what you need and stack up on it and be very, very frugal with what you want to share, because it will get I'm afraid that it might get a little scarier before it gets better. And that does not depend on Democrat, Republican or independence. That is no matter who wins, because the rest of the world is in turmoil and it will affect us period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we were very lucky. Our economy right now is actually the strongest in the world. We bounced back from the pandemic much quicker than other areas have. So, but with the wars, it's going to start up again. There's literally no way that it couldn't. So I think you're exactly right. And Christmas is coming, and we love Christmas, but it doesn't have to be humongous to share. People save a little money hid in your jar, in your backyard, wherever you're bury it.
Speaker 1: I'm letting y'all know. In the gate, I'm putting up a chart Brown Christmas Street. It is gonna have four spokes and one branch there. It will one bowl. It will be a Charlie Brown Christmas over here. Oh my god, my tree will be damn near naked. I think I'm gonna get a treat as I'm gonna get a treat that's been on those zim pics. I ain't gonna even front.
Speaker 3: I don't hey, hey, hey, send it over here. But no, Yeah, but that's it. You've got decorations and stuff that already exists. Celebrate with what you have. You don't necessarily have to go out and get everything brand new this year. Just just be prepared. You know, you got to back in the when there was World War Two. That's when people actually save stuff.
Speaker 1: They buried it.
Speaker 3: They live so frugally, and we don't we tend to live alone on credit? Et cetera, et cetera, try not to.
Speaker 1: Well, please, I'll think about credit. The whole country is everybody's credit card is a push, right.
Speaker 3: Even I don't even Yeah, yike, but no, that was great. Eric Adams, we kind of know we don't really have to talk much about that.
Speaker 1: I definitely, I definitely, I definitely want to talk about Mayor Eric Adams. So Mary Adams, who I just met recently, has been indicted on racketeering and so many other charges, but he was a very pleasant man to me. I did love the fact that he turned himself in and he played not guilty. Uh, we will see what happens with that and more. Moreph chargers are coming up in the whole Diddy scandal, and I'm telling you they're coming out the woolwork like roaches when you turn the kitchen light on the middle of the night. Good god, they.
Speaker 3: Really are what did they have? A hundred? They said that when that's what we're hearing, we're not actually seeing it yet. So this is just like what CNN and all.
Speaker 1: Of the it's a legend one hundred plus. I'm like, well maybe, so that's what all the thousand bottles of baby or was being used for.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of people, right, I'm surprised this is peepe didn't fall off, to the love of God. But yeah, well that hundred men and women. It's not even one or the other. It's there, it's he's he's bipartisan.
Speaker 5: Well look at least it's not. At least it's not there eating the dogs. And so Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 1: Today is Wednesday, October the second, and used today on Tuesday, I told the first we had a low found showdown or throwdoun baby between the vice presidential candidates both running for buying for the White House, between JD. Vance and Tim Walls. And I watched the debate. I'm going to be very honest, I did not watch the entire debate. Twenty minutes in. I got bored with it. But what I can respect about both candidates is that they were very grown. They were very respectful towards each other. It was not a name calling, hair pulling, this that and the third. They were really trying to be respectful even though they had different points, and very valid different points. I thought I command both of them. I'm not a big fan of JD. Walls. I mean JD. Vance's political platform, what the things that he says. But I thought he was very respectful towards him. Walls. I thought he was for the presidential office of the vice president of the United States, and y'all'm not gonna like me for this one. I think he's a good look at me, I do him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I agree with you. I have to say, going into this, I was thinking I hate his guts. I didn't hate his guts. I thought they they came out and they shook I also liked at the end and we're going to talk about the middle, I'm not doing away with that. It just this thought popped in my head and I don't want to lose it. I'm like, you know, menopausal. I liked that they both brought their wife's out and they all shook hands. They each one of the candidates introduced their wife and then they all wanted It was so grown, it was civil, it was refreshing. I loved it that way, and I did listen to it. I had listened to it in pieces because I got a lot of family wives going on. So it was off, it was on, it was off.
Speaker 1: It was on that that was a perfect analogy, Bobby. It was refreshing from what we have been seeing from the from the other candidates, going on from and for four years now. It was refreshing to see two American men on different sides of the party, but respectful enough to have enough respect to show the rest of our country that we might not agree on the same things, but we don't have to be ratchet and raggedy and ridiculous. So I respect that, I admired that, I appreciate that my mind is made up. It would had I watched the debate or not. My mind is made up, Yeah, so I can know them now. Yeah, And I'm voting Harris Walls because my mind is made up. It wouldn't matter if Tim Walls would have babbled slabbed on itself, maybe even to the dump. It would not have mattered to me because he still is going to get my vote because I'm voting against Project twenty twenty five, not against Republicans. I know some great Republicans, but I'm pretty good I'm voting against Project twenty twenty five, which means I have to vote for Harris and Walls, which which I'm very comfortable with. But it was a good It was a good It was not only did I think it was just not the greatest debate, but because we have been living in chaos and confusion with the debates for the last ten years, it made it a good debate. To me, I was like, oh my god, this is a good debate because they're not calling each other names, they're not dragging each other's family, they're not talking about each other's children. They are actually talking about positive Now, do I think that either one of them both missed a lot of them the answer to.
Speaker 3: Some questions, No, that's.
Speaker 1: More so vanced than walls. No. True, I do like a direct answer, but I understand how this game is played in politics at this age, so I do understand that. But I do like a direct answer when you ask me a question.
Speaker 3: I think we all do. How about that. This is what I can tell you me as a viewer. If the moderator asks a specific question for anybody who's listening, I want you to answer it. I don't want to hear that this is what you did in the past. I like all that. That's nice. I got to know them both, but I want to have answer the question so the first to to evade it definitely was Tim Walls. You know, he avoided what at the beginning, he handled the Tanneman's square correctly. He admitted that sometimes he's a knucklehead and miss he misspeaks. I thought he made himself more human. Although I liked Vance, I didn't think, again, this is Bobby Clifford opinion. I think the Advance was smoother, less nervous. Tim Wallas was nervous, but he came out when she asked him to be the candidate. I guess one of the first things he said is a malasi debater always happened. So he was nervous, and I think he felt like he had more to lose. But he warmed up and got there. About twenty minutes in all of a sudden, he came into his own because they were discussing reproductive rights, they started to discuss democracy. Vance evaded the question when when Tim asked him directly, who wants the election? And he wouldn't answer, and he said, dad, answer the ebating of the answer is that's the answer. And I thought, God, JD. Vance, You've sold your soul to the devil. Because he couldn't answer correctly because he would have been off the ticket probably, but he really had him on the reproductive rights Walls. So I can't tell you who I thought was winner the winner. I really thought it was kind of a wash in my opinion. But everybody said the way that he spoke. Vance a lot of people are saying that he won. But if he did by a band nose hair.
Speaker 1: And this is what we have to stop doing. We have to stop looking at a ninety minute debate to make the decision who runs our damn country. Anybody can be good for one night, but who's going to be good for the next three hundred and sixty five days times four? That is what you have to look at, not a ninety minute debate. I thought that Wall I thought that Vance was a great better speaker. He was smooth with it, you know, but he was a liar. He obeyed like you said, don't be smooth with me and don't give me the truth. I don't care how smooth the devil dog smooth and to mean Julys. But and he went to you know, Ivy League school, so he was trained to do all of that, so he had all that. What I respect about Walls is that the imperfections shows you that he is a human, that he is an American, because we are all imperfect. Nobody is perfect. We all misspeaking. Or I call my dog named one of my kids, I call my kids the name want a dog, you know, and it's just a misspoke. That don't mean that I mean any malicious harm. So I love that Walls spoke wrong and then turned right around and cleaned it up because he was like, oh no, it wasn't this month. There was this month. But to me, Bobby cliff in my opinion on Laugh and Learn is that the Democrats who's supposed to supposedly support Harrison Walls seemed to be the first one to point out the flaws for our own candidate. Why they Why why do we need enemies to point us out? If we're going to point ourselves out, this is why we are in this predicament that we are in.
Speaker 3: And now he looked at Eric Adams, same thing, Eric Adams, get.
Speaker 1: Out, Yeah, he said the wrong he said the wrong thing, but he fixed it. Stop attacking our party because he's human, Walls made, He's a human being. We sometimes say the wrong thing at the wrong time, But I mean I mean, and he realized that. He's like, oh my god, So it was this month. So it wasn't like he told her lie. He just didn't say it correctly, but he did. He fix it now. But the other one lied in your face. And you know people love to holler, oh, you playing in my face. You planning in my face. They've been playing in our face for about two years. And guess what if we don't win this election, they're gonna plan in our face constantly.
Speaker 3: No, and I understood with the tannem and square. So it happened in May, and he went in to August. He wasn't saying he was there when the poor kid, you know what had happened. He was saying the environment. I was over there when people were nervous, when it was struggling what it was. So I got what he was saying. Sometimes they think we're also too literal. It was the same thing here. He made a mistake when he said, idf we went through our es. He meant fertility, and he got you know, I think that's someone that's m a l E. He just didn't know the right term to use. But he admits when he's wrong, and I like that. I think that's the real measure of a man and a grown up when you can say I've done it wrong, and this is what I want to do. And I thought he certainly did that. As I said, I sort of felt like it was a wash. One had the smoothness, but the other had the honesty. But they both evaded some questions, and I'd like to see them actually answer them. Well, pocass On Walls, Yeah.
Speaker 1: My mind is already made up, so it wouldn't matter what they said, because I know who I'm voting for, because I'm confident in and we have twenty nine more days for you guys to see that. A whole lot more is going to unfold with this election. So I'm telling you right now, stay diligent, stay focused, don't get side tracked by the BS, because the BS ain't even got started yet. Y'all have no idea, and I don't know what's coming, but I know it's going to be a lot of hostility and a lot of foolishness that's going to happen in the next twenty nine days because what they want is this is Trump back in the White House, and what we don't want is Trump back in the White House. So there you go, right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think that's true. Pay attention and vote and again go to your vote dot org. Make sure that nothing happened in the past couple of weeks as we discussed it. Take a friend arranging again. Only what we've just down to thirty three days or something, you know, make a plan. We're down to the time that you can call Grammy until you're picking her up at two.
Speaker 1: Oh. You had to call that eleven because sometimes Grandma can be a little bit slow. Good god, geez, she can.
Speaker 3: She can't. But I think that's all we have. I don't think we have this worth talking about.
Speaker 1: And that is enough. And I want you guys to make sure, like Bobby said, that you are registered at vote dot org. Make sure that you are legal, make sure that all your ducts are in the row, because I'm telling you, the cheat is on. The cheat is on, and we have to make sure that we not meet them where they at, but beat them at their own game. So mail in ballast, I'm lear, but that's just my opinion. I mean, some people, I know that's the only convenient for you. But early voting is already has started in a lot of states. So if you can early vote, early vote, make sure. I think registration is the always win, Bobby, the seventh, it is the last day.
Speaker 6: I believe so well. It depends on your state. I think so yes. So make sure you, guys, are a legal check. Nobody can write on your ballot. If the name is not on the ballot, you can write in a box, but you have to write very small to make sure that it gets it fits in that box. And I know some of y'all, right, b I write big, So you're going to have to write small to make sure that everything is legal. Because an invalid ballot does you no good. An invalid ballot does us no good, and not voting also does us absolutely no good. Because and we're not trying to tell you what to do. We're just sharing to help you to make sure that you make the right decision for you in this country, not for me, not for Bobby, but for yourself, your decision, your choice. Because here at laughing alone, we're not trying to get you to ain't your mind. We're only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 3: Because why Bobby, Because a mind and a vote are a terrible thing to.
Speaker 1: Waste, especially a vote, and if you don't vote right, I'm coming to your house. But oh my god, you will never be able.
Speaker 3: To say that you might have some of the stuff that gets shown on Loss and Learn they send stop sending born.
Speaker 1: You may never be able to live that down with your neighbors. Good God, explain me naked to your neighbors. We want to thank I produced to mister Aaron Howard. We want to thank you guys for joining us. Stay prayed up, stay saved up, stock up, because if you're not paying attention to the news, you should be. Things are trickling down, and things are getting very scary in this country, and not to a point where we don't want to live here anymore. You just need to be aware of what's happening around in your surroundings so that when it does hit, it won't hit you off guard. You'll have you will be a little prepared. You may not be very prepared, but to be a little prepared as being better than being non prepared whatsoever. But thank you guys for joining us here a laugh and learn. Thank you Mike. Your hair is getting so long, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel I kind of feel like it is maybe I need a little term. Do I look all the constant old people that have too long a hair.
Speaker 1: I like the long hairs. Give me you a little year.
Speaker 3: It kind of balances out my chins.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, here we go. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, here we go with the Democratic, Republican Independent. I'm gonna tell y'all the same thing I told the people in Ben Salem. Y'all think y'all got problems, y'all can make up, y'all man with y'all Independent, Republican or the Kee Democrat. I got four dogs, three kids, two tits, one Pennis and aparture Jennifer Tree. Have a great week, lady. Yeah, we will see you next week. For laugh alart, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect podcast Network, ALI Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of The Black Effect Podcast Now Work and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn