Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and Key Armstrong and Hetty.
Speaker 2: The NFL using high tech research to design helmets for each position. Helmets designed for where players line up.
Speaker 3: A quarterback and a linebacker are not necessarily playing the same sport on every play, and the frequency of their head impacts demonstrates.
Speaker 2: That researchers first analyzed game footage from some fifteen hundred on field concussions, who was involved, what position were they playing, then reconstructed each one, gathering data from those tests and sensors in the helmets to build a superior product.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I just don't quite understand why you wouldn't want the maximum protection helmet no matter what position you're in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've noticed recently there are a handful of guys on the field that have kind of bigger, puffier looking helmets on. And I haven't heard about there being any downside to that design, right, Guys just think they look goofy or what because if there's no they do. If there's no downside's I realize I'm the punter and I get tackled once a year, but I might as well have the keep my brain from slashing around.
Speaker 1: Helmet kind of fond of my brain. Yeah, exactly, unless it's a different kind of helmet for repeated small impacts linemen, which almost never are going to get the big slam to the ground one hundred mile an hour right, right, is a different sort of thing than I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good they're they're moving forward though. It's great sport. America loves it. But the rates of the chronic u cte is terrible. It's it's nightmarish. So yeah, glad to see it. Speaking of the world of science, this is an emerging field in art law first Amendment. Something a synthetic media artist is appealing.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't just throw around phrases. I have no idea what they mean. It isn't quotes.
Speaker 4: What is that This guy creates art with ai synthetic media artist. Yeah, and actually we both have seen this piece of art.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what language this is.
Speaker 4: It might be French, Theatra, the opera special.
Speaker 1: The opera, theater spatial.
Speaker 4: It won a big like State Fair art contest or something like that, and then the guy revealed that it was AI creator.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he won the contest.
Speaker 4: It's like an opera in a spaceport and you can see out into space. That rings a bell for anybody anyway. So the US Copyright Office denied him copyright registration, claiming that.
Speaker 1: He used machines.
Speaker 4: He didn't create it like an artist would, and I think that's going to get flipped that decision.
Speaker 1: It was creating using the AI tool mid journey.
Speaker 4: They rejected his application, stating that the work lacked sufficient human authorship as it was primarily generated by a I oh coming up, one of the godfathers of AI says, it's stumberding a cat.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it anyway. He dumber than a cat stumberting a cat. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 4: So in his appeal, mister Allen, the artist argues that the decision was influenced by negative media attention public backlash, which led to bias. He asserts that the examiner of the Copyright Office failed to recognize the extensive human effort and careful direction he put into creating the image. Well, no, I don't doubt that which have been involved. Hang on now or don't hang on?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, and I'm just gonna see you have different categories. There's the I created it with my mind and the computer made it, or I did it with a brush and in paints.
Speaker 4: You know what, You're right, that's the simple wisdom of Jack Armstrong, folks, the homespun wisdom. Ah, Judy and I have frequent art galleries, and we fell in love with this one artist who does this very thing. She creates the art with artificial intelligence, and some of it is very clever and funny and thought provoking, like every picture tells a story. That sort of thing anyway, which is also a fine Rod Stewart effort from the seventies. So, but this dude created this image involving refining prompts through an iterative process that took over one hundred hours and six hundred prompts.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think he gets a copyright on that one hundred hours worth of work on a single image.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. But somebody will be able to do something very very similar with just a tiny tweak, won't they.
Speaker 4: I think you would need to know his first five and ninety nine prompts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll it'll be like the whole thing around music. I heard the Sam Smith song stay with Me on the radio the other day. Uh, the fact that he got sued successfully by Tom Petty fort back Down is nuts. Oh yeah, yeah, nuts.
Speaker 4: I was in a store the other day, purveyor of fine sippables, I think, yeah. And I don't know what their playlist was, but if you know one of your satellite radio platforms has derivative pop with zero attempted originality, that's.
Speaker 1: What this was.
Speaker 4: I mean, every song was like from Cookie Cutter, predictable, the lyrics, the females sing, just all of it.
Speaker 1: It was sick and sure and that's without AI, right, So I don't understand how they'll come up with a ferentiation for a copyright purposes on that. But my son was messing around with photoshop. He wanted to get photoshop on his computer and learn about it, and so I did that. We got the free trial just in case he didn't like it. And he was doing all kinds of AI stuff on Photoshop, which I didn't even know was a thing. He would he would he would grab a picture of a valley from a Google image and then he'd say, you know, put a unicorn over there, and put a spaceship over there, and they'll make the spaceship bigger. No, make the spaceship red and bigger. Make the unicorn, you know, breathing fire or whatever, and it would it would make it all immediately, and you could tweak it a little bit here and there and everything like that. It was cool. But anybody can do it. I mean it takes zero skill.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, what a wild time to be alive fire breathing unicorns hard.
Speaker 1: Yes on that by the way, interesting side note to you heard of them? Please? Is he every time he did it he got so anxious, he was miserable, and so he finally decided he couldn't do it and we deleted it from his computer. I mean he has anxiety problems anyway, but huh, using photoshop made his anxiety go through the roof. No idea? Why hum? Did he try to explain why? He doesn't know why? Okay? Interesting? Huh?
Speaker 4: So AI thinks sir, one of the AI Pioneers thinks AI is dumbred and a cat that after a quick word from our friends true Prize picks, I was busy and forgot to do picks for the Football Action this weekend, and I'm annoyed because it's fun. Prize Picks is the best place to get real money sports action. Over ten million members billions of dollars in award winnings, Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible at all. You just pick more or less on at least two players up to six for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash.
Speaker 1: Run your game all season long on Prize Picks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the great things with Prize Picks is if you like this sort of thing, you can get involved so quickly and easily and successfully, and you gets your money within fifteen minutes. If fantasy football has just been too much work and time consumption for you, this is the way to go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, did do it when you feel like it. It's not a season long things. Daily Prize Picks puts its members first. They invented the flex played Prize Picks. You can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. So download the Prize Picks app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's fifty bucks just for playing five dollars. Download the Prize Pick app today and use that code Armstrong to get that fifty dollars bonus prize picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game. But I was thinking if my twelve year old, having used the photoshop program for a total of ten minutes, could do some of the stuff that he did, I thought, how's any sort of graphic designer person ever gonna make a living ever again? In the history of the world. I don't know how you never make a dime.
Speaker 4: And I really like taking pictures, and I have a bunch of them on the wall and stuff like that. But how long is it going to be before people see, you know, the picture I'm so proud of, I mean, got the perfect shot at the perfect second, an eagle flying overhead or whatever, And they're like, eh, I'll just assume everything's ai.
Speaker 1: That's true. Why would it? Yeah, why would it strike you as worth staring at it? All? Right? Yeah? Yeah, huh. Maybe I'll uh. I've always considered.
Speaker 4: Wildlife photography to be my equivalent of hunting, because I have no desire to kill anything. If you do, go ahead, I don't care. I'm not anti hunting at all, but I just I've never felt the draw. Really, maybe I'll go back to shooting animals. I mean because getting a picture of them isn't satisfying anymore.
Speaker 1: Because AI is not doing that at least correctly. So maybe I'll murder them. Yeah, I don't know. So Yan lecuon, you and some of your Haitian friends going a cat hunting? Oh boy, that's uh.
Speaker 4: That's the misinformation and or disin information or mal information, which is the new one they've invented over there on the left where.
Speaker 1: They're trying to strike. Actually they're eating. They're eating of the people that live there.
Speaker 4: Does seem to be solid basis to believe the folks are snatching ducks and geese out of the park.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, I get woken up every night right now by the geese flying south.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Canada geese are a scourge. They are poop machines. They ruin golf courses.
Speaker 1: American geese's jobs, exactly the threat from the north.
Speaker 4: I call them, Where were we? Ah yon Lecoon? I hope I'm pronouncing mister Lecun's name correctly. He helped give birth to today's AI boom. He's one of the godfathers of AI. But he thinks many experts are exaggerating its power in peril, and he wants people to know it. Who's the old British chap won the Nobel Prize. Who who's really Jeff free Hinton, hasn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's really leading the Hey robot overlords. They're going to drain your vital juices and take over humanaged.
Speaker 1: And so so what's his name from Google? And you know lots of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Lacun disagrees completely.
Speaker 1: I kind of hope he's right. There's a lot more people that On the other side of it.
Speaker 4: He says, you're gonna have to partner my French But that's complete bs. He actually sounds like a really charming and likable guy. He's won every computing award that's ever existed. Well, I'm going to scroll down to the part that's git. That's interesting. He got into a nasty argument with Elon Musk on x this spring or the nature of scientific research. You might have seen that, But he and his buddies, who he is very much in contact with and works with, still diverge over whether companies can be trusted with making sure that futures superhuman ais aren't used maliciously or developed malicious intent.
Speaker 1: On their own they will be, and they are.
Speaker 4: He says that the current AI systems, the large language model things, they have their own severe limitations, and we'll never get to artificial general intelligence. It's got to be approached completely differently. He says, it might get to be about as smart.
Speaker 1: As a cat. I'd be fine with me if he's right. I doubt that he is. There are a lot of people throwing many, many, many billions of dollars at this because they don't agree with him right.
Speaker 4: There's a huge amount of hype to get those dollars flowing. But those dollars are indeed flowing. Two more very quick notes on this. The felines, he says, have a mental model of the physical world. They have persistent memory, some reasoning ability and capacity for planning, and are also delicious of my right haitians, and none of these qualities are present in today's frontier AIS. Then the final note, I want to say about this guy because he is what I want very much to be.
Speaker 1: Not a computer genius.
Speaker 4: Lord knows that ain't happening, But a guy who's worked with him since nineteen eighty six and disagrees with him said he is stubborn.
Speaker 1: In a good way.
Speaker 4: He is always willing to listen to others' views, but he is confident in his I.
Speaker 1: Hope he's right. That'd be awesome. I'm rooting for him being right. I doubt that he is, and my going the other direction of like not understanding at all what the Internet was going to do to the world, or even texting or smartphones right turned everything upside down. Jeez, all right, be terrified of cats. That's fine. I hope that guy's right. Stay with us.
Speaker 7: Riverside County Sheriff's office says they stopped a black SUV outside a rally for former President Trump in southern California. Driver was found to be illegally in possession of two guys and a high capacity magazine. Authority has identified that driver as forty nine year old VEM. Miller, a Las Vegas resident. They took him into custody Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco.
Speaker 6: The deputy noticed that the interior of the vehicle was in quite disarray. The vehicle had a an obviously fake license plate, and that prompted further investigation from our deputy.
Speaker 1: So the interestingman, you get pulled over for being a slob.
Speaker 4: Hey, I throw the the McDonald's bags in the back and clean them out and out again.
Speaker 1: So boy, I'm not that way my kids there where. I'm so big on this. Every time we get out of the car, all the trash goes with us, every single time. Excellent policy. But so this guy gets stopped on the way into the Coachella thing where Trump was speaking and all the stuff you just heard there, and he's all kinds of not Jason Bourne brilliant. I mean, he doesn't have a driver's license with him, he's got all kinds of obviously fake stuff and guns that aren't registered and expired tags. I mean, just like nineteen different reasons you're not going to get in there. The shaff One of the reasons this made so much news is the sheriff all day yesterday was saying, I consider this a third assassination attempt. The FBI is saying we don't think it's assassination attempt. And today I heard a Trump spokesman say we're not considering this an assassination attempt. Wow, Trump person. And they got every reason to build it up.
Speaker 4: So this was just a loser passing through town and the guy's out on five thousand dollars bond or bail or wherever you go, and which we got a number of text people say, can you believe they let another assassin out on He has been interviewed and I've seen it saying I'm one hundred percent of Trump supporter.
Speaker 1: You can't find a bigger Trump supporter than I am. And apparently they've looked into his background and he determined that's true. Oh so he's just passing through. He is a I'm a Trump supporter because I believe Venezuelan Muslim, Russian something or others are trying to take over the country. Kamala Harris is going to let him. But he's all kinds of like, you know, armed to the teeth because we're about to lose our democracy and everything like that. Oh but that's why he's on Trump's side. Oh boy, So he might be a danger to society or a little off his rocker, but he is not there to kill her. Danger to Trump? Yeah, yeah, okay. Interesting. A couple of texts we got tangentially related to the presidential election. As we have been saying, Kamala Harris, it seems like maybe her closing argument is going to be Trump's got dementia and needs to release his medical records. She is big on that at her rallies over the weekend. She released her medical records on Friday. She's fine, she's fifty nine years old, and she's going after Trump. I don't I don't think this is a very good closing argument. But anyway, we got a couple of texts. The only test I want to see Kamala take as a breathalyzer. And also Trump should take a releases medical records if she'll take an IQ test. Okay, that's not helpful. Okay, another different tomy that I can fit into the final minute.
Speaker 4: The setting guy is seen now and he released to his records and the doctor said, yeah, he's fine.
Speaker 1: So come on, had those hurricanes anytime you saw a story about the hurricanes, they always mentioned climate change, any mainstream media story all the time. Saw some more articles over the weekend proving that nothing has changed for hurricane wise. There's no way you can look at a chart of hurricanes over the last however many years and determine that there are more now or they're worse. It's just not true. And learned this nugget that I'd forgotten. The Miami Hurricanes football team, which is ranked fourth in the country or something like that. They were named that in nineteen twenty after the biggest hurricane that ever hit the state. Wow, And why do you explain that particular hurricane or lots of hurricanes they've had over the last one hundred years that were stronger than weaker, than stronger than weaker.
Speaker 4: And nobody has found that name triggering for a century. Either, it's fine, what happens?
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getdy Live, go over to Tim Walls. Okay, something that's keep me a glove apupp it.
Speaker 3: This is right in my wheelhouse, in my glovebox. I got hot hands napkins from Ronza, and gotta have tombs in case I eat something spicy like tomato.
Speaker 1: If you say so, sell me some white moss. It's sorry, not up there. So that's from the open of Saturday Night Live, in which they the Harris people were playing family feud against the Trump people, and it was pretty dang funny, it was, and not flattering to either side, which is the way that sort of satirical political comedy should be. Yes, indeed, and you used to be and maybe again, I don't know. Anyway, Here's just when Trump was asked, the question was, uh, name something you find in your glove compartment? All right, President Trump.
Speaker 8: What you got? Well, Steve, I've never ridden in front seat of cars, so this question is very unfair. So to answer this, I'm gonna do one of my signature weaves.
Speaker 1: Right, It's called the weave where I say lots.
Speaker 8: Of different things, but it all comes together so beautifully, like an episode of Seinfeld Seinfeld. You know Jerry was always wearing mom jeans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bad jeans.
Speaker 8: Just like the immigrants who are ruining this country.
Speaker 1: They're eating the pets, they're eating mood dang.
Speaker 8: But it's so so we are getting an assets kid. I mean you look at Korea, you look at Japan, America, it's not even include.
Speaker 1: There's no room. So it's like glunk compartment, right, there's no room.
Speaker 8: You see what I did this stear.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know exactly what you did.
Speaker 5: Tell me. Dementia eating the pets, they're eating mood dang, which I did. Remember that's the baby hippo that everybody was oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't catch that reference. No, I didn't get it. Henry laughed really hard. By twelve year old. I said, what he said, that's that hippo, that cute little hippop Pigmy hippo America fellon. They're reading the pets, they're eating mood. Dang, that's funny. So watching the talk shows yesterday, like three or four major polls came out over the weekend in New York Times, your NBC or CBS, you're Wall Street General, all these big poles came out. They all are in agreement that the race is incredibly tight. And it wasn't like a month ago Kamala had opened up a little bit of a lead. All that has gone away. Are we talking national polls or swing state all of them? Okay, so any we literally just accidentally reenacted what poles all of them? And I said, okay, wow, but uh yeah, So nationally and in the battleground states are all back to tide. So there's a couple interesting things about that. And this has got to be why the Democrats behind the scenes are really frightened, because she had the greatest rollout, all the combination of things, the not having to go through a primary where you get torn down. The one hundred percent media is behind you. The just everything on your side, and she got a couple of points, and a dissipated has got to I mean, because it's not going to get better from here, right, There's zero chance it gets better from here. Right.
Speaker 4: You're running against such a known quantity. It's not like they're going to come out with some you know, October surprise that says Trump is an ego maniac who's had a handful of wives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or hit on women or the name or name something that anybody'll be surprised by. So, yeah, it's only going to get worse from there. So I thought that was damned interesting. One more thing about the polls after I read this, Vice President Kamala Harris. This is from the New York Times, particular aspect about Hispanic voting. Vice President Kamala Harris's support among Hispanic voters is in dangerously low territory for Democrats, according to the New New York Times poll, While her rival, former President Donald J. Trump has maintained his strength with the fast growing group poised to play a key role in deciding control of the White House, Kamala's underperforming the last three Democratic candidates for the White House on a slate of top issues including the economy, immigration, in crime. So she's way under performing with Hispanics previous Democrats and also on the economy, immigration, and crime. So a couple of things on that. One the biggest knock on Trump through the twenty sixteen election in a lot of the twenty twenty election was he's a racist, particularly against brown people, right, And he's doing better than any Republican has ever done, and she's doing worse than any Democrats. We're done. How is that not more interesting to people? It's inconvenient? The murder that is fascinating, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: I wonder if and I hate to even generalize about why this is happening, because then I have to generalize about Hispanic people or black people or whatever. And that's kind of the point of this show is that that's not a good idea. The real white privileges. We get to think for ourselves and vote however the hell we want. Anyway to suggests you do the same. But if I was going to generalize or guess, is it that.
Speaker 1: She is the.
Speaker 4: At least middle class, if not comfortably middle class, daughter of two Marxist professors who spent her teenage years in Montreal, you go where your parents take you. I don't falter for that. Really, you're trying to make a big deal of it exactly. Well, did you read the Washington Post story about that. I read something about that that there's like four words of her entire time in Montreal in her autobiography.
Speaker 1: That's the interesting thing. Yes, it is she's trying to hide is that she never talks about and it was all of high school plus a year. It's not like those are minor years of your life in terms of shaping you. And she had like a paragraph about it in her book about her life, and the Washington Post contacted her and had questions about it, and they didn't want to talk to them. She wouldn't talk to the Washington Post about her MONTREALI years. So I do falter for the fact that she's hiding right a chunk of her life. There's obviously a reason for that. It doesn't fit her personal narrative. But I wonder if the reason that she's, you know, fallen so flat with some of those ethnic groups is that she's trying to pretend to be straight. She's inauthentic. Well, that that might be with the black consulting, I feel really uncomfortable even trying to guess. I mean, why would I guess? No? But with the Hispanic vote, I think it's Hispanics tend to be conservative, and all of this crap about pronouns and transition, this and that and all.
Speaker 5: Those different things.
Speaker 1: It's spending. Crowd isn't into that, right right, yep.
Speaker 4: They hate the complete lefty neo Marxist woke stuff, even if they don't recognize that as neo Marxism, they just don't like it.
Speaker 1: But on the polling in general, I was thinking yesterday, this is what I'm going to say on election morning. I think, unless something changes, this is probably what I'm going to say in election morning, which is three weeks from tomorrow. Nobody has any idea who's going to win. Because there's the biggest question hanging out there is are the models they're using for polling correct in that is everything the same as it was the last two cycles, because they're using that same model from sixteen to twenty, Who will actually turn out? Who's actually going to turn out the way that they try to get voters and everything like that. If those are if nothing's changed, Trump is absolutely going to win absolut freaking lutely. He outperforms the polls by quite a bit, and he's he's winning just straight up right now, most likely in the way he outperforms the polls, He's easily going to win. The only question is, and again, nobody knows this, and anybody who claims they don't is really full of I mean, do is full of crape. Nobody knows if it's if everything is changed, Trump could be he could be polling better than his actual performance. Now, I mean, you don't know. Things can change a lot in eight years, right, So it's all about whether or not the polling models are right or not. But if they're right, he's absolutely going to win. There's some people arguing out there that things have flipped the way it used to be for Democrats, that when you see a big number nationally, it's because there's so many California voters. Yes, well, that doesn't do you any good, because only you get the same number of electoral votes, whether you win all of them, are fifty one percent of them.
Speaker 4: Then add in New York and Massachusetts and your other populous Eastern states.
Speaker 1: But there are a number of people arguing, including Nate ConA The New York Times and Old Nate Silver, the two Nates that Trump is now kind of in that category. He's dominating so much in places like Florida, for instance, that that is exaggerating that number. And the same thing applies that even if you get one hundred percent of the Republicans in Florida doesn't change the number of electoral votes you.
Speaker 4: Get, right, which is why please swing state poles.
Speaker 1: As states are getting insive, redder and bluer. It's working both ways. You know, you get all of the red votes in the red states. But right so, I don't know. It's all about whether the polling models are right or not. But if they're if they are correct the way they have been, Trump's as a freaking colutely gonna win and it's gonna be so fun to watch.
Speaker 4: On a slightly different topic, headline a story that has gratified my soul. Again, we're not winning or just at the end of the beginning where we realize we're in a fight more and more people against the neo Marxists. Transgender sports is a sleeper issue. You in a number of very very close Senate races. Speaking of Hispanic vote, and black voting.
Speaker 1: Exactly how many male black voters like the idea of dudes participating in girls' sports? Right? Right? Is what a crazy notion?
Speaker 4: Or Dad's there, They're little boy being talked into becoming a little girl. Anyway, you know, I think the editorial board of the Journal made a good point that every election issue you have, or every election rather, you have issues that are predictable. Abortion, in the economy, it's just immigration. But then there are also some that surprised the political class. And this year one sleeper issue is progressive transgender coercion, as they put it, which is playing against Democrats and races across the country. And you know what's kind of a tangent to this is, for instance, Shared Brown is running in Ohio and there's an ad running against him in which a narrator says, mister Brown is too liberal for Ohio. He voted to let trendsgender by a logical men participate in women's sports, and one of the big news stations fact checked it and declared it false, even though, as the editorial board points out, it's completely true.
Speaker 1: And they really torture the argument.
Speaker 4: It has to do with funding for schools and you can't have funding if you do this, And they said, well, he voted against a funding bill.
Speaker 1: Not transgender anyway. Tortured logic.
Speaker 4: But they go into several different races in several different states Wisconsin, Montana, and the poll numbers are terrible for transgender, for men competing in women's sports. And it's funny they use the term declared male at birth. No, you're either male or female. You can declare me a wombat. I'm still a male human being. Declaring got nothing to do with it. I declare Mars a sack of groceries. No, it's still the planet Mars, or was I. Last year, sixty nine percent of Americans told Gallup that quote, transgender athletes should only be allowed to compete on sports teams that confirm with their birth gender. Again, don't even use the term birth gender, because that they're pulling you into it. It's not bigotry for most Americans. It's a matter of fairness, Title nine, et cetera. Not long ago, most Democrats believed in that principle, But these days, the hard edge of the transgender movement has dictated that its view of gender must be imposed nationwide. Senate Democrats have towed that line.
Speaker 1: So it's so easy to explain this, As the New York Times said, the Republicans are going to take back the Senate. They just splait out stated that last week. Republicans already have the House and are probably going to keep it, and then Trump's going to Trump's likely to win, So they're going to have all three branches and you know, the spring everything, and they've got a governor.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Right, But it'd be so easy to explain it. All this crazy crap most people don't like. It's not hard to explain. Yes, people don't like open porters, they don't like all this pronoun stuff. Then it's not difficult. It's nice. You don't have to be a political science major, like to really dig into the numbers to figure this out. Yeah, all this crazy stuff you're pushing in the mainstream media, most people think that's nuts.
Speaker 4: And if Trump wasn't so disliked, if it was a fairly likable average Republican, they would win forty three states.
Speaker 1: Right, and if Kamala Harris wins, it's the guy he encouraged people to storm the Capitol. He watched and was happy about it. Yeah the end. Yeah, so either way. It's pretty easy to explain. The strange time. I think he's gonna win. Willing to bet on it? No, God, anybody who would bet based on this polling is be crazy, right, that's uh we we this is not for now. Yeah, oh that's it. I got confused, right right.
Speaker 4: Hanson filling in for Michaelangelo is sending us mixed signals through our it's it's mixed signals Michael through our ears. Do we know where he went? Did he say where he went?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, he's a famous celebrity. You can't say that. Do you think Michael Angel anniversary trip? He and his wife are four year anniversary and they're doing something. My god, it's four furry convention. No he isn't, Hanson. I think he's in Fresno. Doesn't he go to Fresno? There a lot of the Paris, of the planes, exactly of the planes. All right, let's go to break all right, more of the ways stay here. I like that music, Hansen, whatever it is, that's kirvy. I don't know much about this. One hundred troops were sending to Israel and new equipment for shooting down missiles. I have to up on that I.
Speaker 4: Think it's probably closely related those two things. I'll bet they help run and trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I assume that, But why now?
Speaker 4: And I always assume we have troops and spooks and trainers and oh yeah, military folks in Israel.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I mentioned this like practically every day. But I'm still reading the David Sanger book New Cold Wars and talking about early in the war in Ukraine, where we're trying to make it so clear that the United States isn't involved. You're not a war with US, You're a war with NATO or Ukraine or whatever. You're not a war with NATO, You're not worth with the United States. Anyway. We got some of our top people meeting on the border, like standing on the other side of the border in Poland, so we can talk to Ukrainian leaders and tell them what they need to do, but won't step foot across the border. What Ukraine thought was hilarious, but they made it clear that Joe Biden says, absolutely no, we can't be seen being involved in any way. Wow. They actually meet on the border so they can tell them, Look, this is all the information we've got. You didn't hear from us. Wow.
Speaker 4: Nuts so the media wouldn't wed its pants about boots on the ground. Although I suppose, you know, it's a legitimate concern, I shouldn't have said with our pants. I just like I say, we have special forces all over the world in incredibly dangerous places right now. In fact, Next Hour got a feature ed on what's going on in Africa?
Speaker 1: What's up with Africa?
Speaker 4: If you don't get Next Hour, grab it via podcasts, subscribe Armstrong and Getty on demand. But anyway, so I don't I just if they're infantrymen sent to fight, that's boots on the ground. Some general meeting on strategy in some town I've never heard of, you know, one hundred miles outside of Kiev.
Speaker 1: Not that worried about it. No, and no normal person being we shouldn't equivocate the two.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: And one of the things was so we have so much more capability than I hope anybody else in the world, certainly than Ukraine did to just bring in all kinds of information from satellites and hacking into things and all that sort of stuff. Anyway, we're helping out Ukraine there in the beginning, and trying to hint like they would hint at things. We can't say where, but it might be a good idea if a place by a river got a little more scrutiny. I mean, it's just dump heap. I know, it's just dumb that we play this game. But anyway, at one point one of the Ukraine people said, why don't you just join our side? Why don't you just fight on our side? Russia is an evil country, just like you know, what's with all this kind of happen us A little bit hinting whatever. I mean, you have the ability to stop this. Why don't you just stop it? It would be very frustrated. Sure, but the whole chapter about modern warfare was so fascinating to me. So I like the Twitter feed. We mentioned a lot the open source intelligence. There is so much stuff floating around in the world that anybody can grab, but you have to be smart enough to know which stuff to grab and how to put it together. And we're better at that than anybody else in the world. Interesting. Yeah, So, in addition to.
Speaker 4: The African thing, next Hour one final kicking of CBS News for the recent politically correct bias, woke garbage and the incredible, incredible hypocrisy of Gavin Newsom outlawing legacy admissions to colleges.
Speaker 1: They were armstrong and getty