Speaker 1: We were Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with them love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting out comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: She raid shot towns. I'm speaking to the grown a second. We're gonna last cut up, the kick in and at the againd we leave it with just a lifted spirits make you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks say you slip? Oh folks that we dig it? Hey, no, this do what you do? Cany no this do what you do?
Speaker 2: Can' no? This do what I do?
Speaker 1: Know this?
Speaker 2: Hey hey, hey, this is comedians say my Roe and welcome to this week's episode of Last and Learn with Flame and Bobby. Bobby Clifford. Bobby Clifford, Hi you Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you happy Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Oh Bobby, it's been a week. Happy Wednesdays week on the countdown. This is episode number forty nine.
Speaker 1: Yes it is three more to go.
Speaker 2: We almost to the finished line, Bobby, till we could start all over again. Hello, Flamett. Hello everyone out there in radio and listening podcast land. Thank you to I wanted to producer mister Aaron Howard. It has been a week, ladies and gentlemen. It's a lot going on. I said, a lot going on, and I'm talking about I don't even want to get into none of my personals. I want to jump right into it because y'all been going crazy about this eclipse. Oh it's an eclipse. Oh I'm talking. I watched people just y'all made it like big parties, and I know it was a you know, it was maybe a once in a lifetime event, But girl, I see an eclipse every time I take off my clothes and walk in the bedroom, walk past the mirror, I see my eclips. And I'm not talking about the front. I'm talking about the back, Liz.
Speaker 1: I see all the craters and everything on mine.
Speaker 2: So we really couldn't experience it here, Bobby, in southern Californian we got a little grayness. But you guys over there, y'all get it. Y'all get it really good.
Speaker 1: We weren't in the past. But but if you bought the special glasses, which I did, they were twenty five dollars or five on Amazon. When you looked up, I will say, yeah, I even got my miserable sister Teresa out and she was sort of mesmerized. You put them on. It didn't get really dark. It looked a little dusky, but didn't get dark. You looked up and you could see the bright sun and you could see something that was covering it. In the beginning, it just looked like a little bite was taken out, and by the end, because we only had ninety two percent here of completion, it looked like a little crescent moon. It was cool. It was a cool thing. I'm glad I did it. I forced myself to go out and I can say I was there.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want them to start blaming everything. Oh my god, people are acting crazy because of the retro grade and the come like, if people acting crazy, they damn show acting crazy. Anyway. It had nothing to do with the sun passing the moon or the moon passing the sun. It's true, but it's any who. Where we at, Bobby, where we're going, what we're doing first? Where we talking about? I want to start with pleasant and we'll get to death.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even we don't even this, so so we can move right soultop, it'll be pleasant and then I won't. So today is e which is the end of the Islamic holiday, the end of Ramadan. So that's wonderful. It's a time of increased worship and charity and good deeds and sort of like our time up to Christian's time up to Easter, and today would be like a big feast, which is which is terrific. And they really fast, like the Catholics we have the McDonald's are fasting. We can have, you know, one meal and two light snacks, kind of like slim fast with.
Speaker 2: Ramadan. And the Muslims don't have or drink anything.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They they are really they're extreme. Yeah, they're extreme because doing it well while there's daylight, they can have no think to eat. I'm like, I can't even have water.
Speaker 1: No, you've got to be They're so disciplined. I am so not. Oh my god, yeah, happy happy. The thing that wasn't happy is I was seeing on the news that in Philadelphia there are three shots five in custody. It was right next to an e celebration, So we don't know who are the people that actually were shot, but supposedly everybody's in custody, which is which is pretty terrific.
Speaker 2: Good something I know that is terrible. Religion. Religion, religion and politics. Good God will shake some things up no matter what the identity, nationality, wherever you live. Those are two subjects that are sometimes very taboo to have a mixed company. But prayers to the people that got shot. But yeah, I was looking at the whole because I was speaking with Dlay earlier and the whole Rabadan thing. They I'm like, you, Bobby, they are serious about it. Oh my god. Yeah, and then they tell me like seventy five times a day on the little med I'm like, oh, very sad. I'm like, you get of me. I'll be like, okay, I'm tired of talking. You leave me alone.
Speaker 1: She's bitching about the same thing. That's what i'd got. But but no, I hope that nobody involved because because they don't have an actual link, it just happened to be right beside it. So let's hope that there weren't any innocence who were shot. Thirty shots though I mean it was it was quite a lot. And return fire from the from the police. So we'll get more on that as it comes along.
Speaker 2: I would really like to be at one of these Ramadan feast celebrations because I heard they have the real spree. They have everything.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they should. I can't even imagine. I yeah, not having anything. I'd almost be exhausted. They must like chew twice and go, you know. But from all that, however, many days they have of Ramadan, God bless them.
Speaker 2: So oh I think is a I think it's a week. I'm not sure. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, now have to I have to go and look it up. I feel like they see research, are the research. It's something. As I'm looking that up though, something that was actually good, it's not good because of what happened. But the East Palestine, Ohio, you know the train derailment. They actually have a six hundred million dollars settlement for that. As long as the court approves that, and that will resolve all of the different lawsuits that have come There are thousands of them within a twenty mile radius. But their poor health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and with that body so some people closer I will get if they win this lawsuit. If they passed this lawsuit, will give money for a certain thing, for health care, for suffering, and for their damages to their home in the air. But some people that were further out will only get money for one like maybe the air quality or something. I saw that. Yeah, because if you were closer to it, you get more risk. Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's and you know, but some people aren't going to be happy with that because everybody's gonna want the same. And I will tell you the people that are very close, so forget even what their physical damages are, because their medical bills could be huge. Their property values have to be worth nothing because I don't know how long these chemicals will take before they they dissolve, So you know, that's kind of scary. So Ramadan thirty days flame, thirty days they.
Speaker 2: Suffer thirty girl, that's ring, that's ring.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a lot of days not to eat. I thought we should do it for a giant.
Speaker 2: I would have to call Allah and Buddha and all them people that's involved in it to be like, let me tell you something, if I will not eat for thirty days, you will have to pay my rent next month or my mortgage. I'm just not it's a trade off.
Speaker 1: Honest to God, icon even icon even and somebody else that got their come up and were the crumblies they had, That is the Ethan Crumbley who was the Oxford High School student who had shot and killed. They are actually the parents were held responsible as we knew. They actually got their time. They're both to serve ten to fifteen years and we had spoken about it before. I loved how the judge just debased them.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think what got her was that the mother. You know how they can they can say a speech so the victims can speak to the to the parents, and then the parents can come back. The mother didn't seem she didn't get it. The little snippet that they played on the news. Her big news to everybody was this could happen to you. No, her message should have been, don't let it happen to you. Pay attention to your kids. She still wasn't take any accountability up to the end.
Speaker 2: Bobby, and as a parent, which we both are, I heard that and I was heartbroken for the whole situation. But I have done my whole due diligence with my children and I'm not giving this woman or this man to pass whatsoever. But I have done everything I could, just teach my kids and show them to go the right way. You really have no control of what your child gonna do. But the problem with that whole situation is they knew that this kid was see the target the school. They had went to the school that morning and had a meeting with what she did with them, and the kid was and then y'all give him a gun, they taught was a joke. Yep, y'all get y'all got exactly what y'all deserved. And then they put both the father and the son. Both are in prison and in separate prisons. So no, no, no, the father and son. The son's side was, oh, oh we know that.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I see what you say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they put them. They didn't put them in prison together. They separated the different facilities, which I think is great, which I think is fantastic because he needs his parents now, but when he really needed them, they weren't there. So now you don't have the luxury of having them, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, flame he doesn't. I disagree with that to the point of he doesn't need those parents right now. He needed a good set of parents right now. He wouldn't get anything off of them, and all they would do is sit and look at themselves and how they were victimized themselves. He needs somebody that's actually going to listen to him if his is any hope of any type of rehabilitation. And I don't think. I don't think he can even get out, but if he did, he needs to. He needs some sort of therapy, not those two dragging them down. Oh god, Oh yeah. So anyway, Crumblings, they got there.
Speaker 2: Well, since we're talking about bad parenting, let's keep it moving on bad parenting. Because the Ebony Parker's her name, and I only remember her name because her last name is the same last name as mine. In Florida, the one year old or the first grader who shot the teacher. The teacher didn't die. They arrested her. They put her in jail because she just did not care either. This was a black woman. The Crumbleis were white people. And this is what I'm saying, and I'm not saying this to point out they're racist, but you just people are people. It has nothing to do with the color. Bad people are bad people, and good people are good people, and non caring people are non caring people. But they arrested her, asked, and slammed her in jail because this one year old boy took us gun to school and they knew that he would have violent tendencies. They had warned her and warned her, and she just did not care.
Speaker 1: And I'd love to know what he saw in the home that made the violent tendencies and what did the other one see in the home. I mean, there are some children that are born, they're a chemical and bound. There are all sorts of things that are wrong to begin with, but at such a young age, I'd love to see and I'm with you, flame Aussols come in all colors, shapes, and sizes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know what went on in their Homeboby, because then we would probably really be mortified on what we did not know on the other side. But I'm hoping that this sets I hope I'm kind of on the fence about I hope it sets the presidents for parents on both sides, because now I'm looking at it like some parents really do do all they can to make sure that their children are in a good place, and the kids still, like you said, they still turn out to be bad. Sees, But so do we hold those parents accountable? Because now how do you differentiate I was a great parent and my kids turned out messed up, or I was a bad parent and my kids turned out messed up.
Speaker 1: You see the effort, right, So one of the easy things that they saw was exactly what you just discussed. The mother was an earlier. She sends a text, don't get caught. That's not a good parent. And the judge even said she wasn't judging it. I would have been judging. But if you have a parent, like I'm super white, my kid complained about feeling sad one day and had his ass and a therapist. If you have a parent that's making an effort and doing everything within their within their control, then no, they should not be held accountable because we can't. We can only do what we can do. And I probably went the other way. I think that I over indulged my son trying to help, and I didn't let him solve some of his little problems himself. And that's how we learn. Cuping is to to be knocked down and how you're actually going to pick yourself up.
Speaker 2: Well, And I'm only pointed that out to say that because we get so we faced such racism in this country right now. But I just wanted you to see that we are the same people. Some of us just do different things. And that's not to say that we're all bad. There are good people with good parents, great parents, but that was that was just a mess up situation all the way around. And and since we harped on that, Bobby, we're going to stay right in the same subject. Right now. Here in California, a lady a mental illness, I believe you know, stabbed her boyfriend and then through to her nine year old and her I think eight month old out the car on the four or five freeway, which is one of the most dangerous freeways here in California, in southern California, and the eight month old died apparently on impact. The boyfriend died. She crashed the car into a brick wall and killed herself. But the nine year old is still alive. And I thank god that the nine year old is still alive, but still alive. To what what kind of damage has been permanently done to this kid? Right?
Speaker 1: It almost would have been better, And trust me, I really don't mean this. It almost would have been better if it had flip flopped, because the nine year old's going to remember everything. They have a memory. The six month old would not have had a memory, you know, like they wouldn't you know somehow they could have been spared. I don't, but you know, either way, I'm sure that nothing's going to make it, make it better.
Speaker 2: Prayers to all involve the victims, and also listen, I know I'm growing up, I'm getting older, the victims and also the victimizers, because I hate to see people in chronic pain and hurt and I just don't know what kind of place you could possibly be in, and I don't ever want to know either. I'm saying this hypothetically that I would do some harm or cause some bodily injury or harm to my own children, because here's the thing we are as parents, we are supposed to cover and protect our children. I don't know where she was at her mind mentally, or what life had did to her. And that's why I said earlier when we talked, you never know, you know, we quick to say, oh, she was crazy, she was this, so this person was that, But you never know what kind of stripes life gives you that you came in because life is going to give you some stripes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you were right. Eight months and the eight months old she could have had postpartum depression. Plane yeah, you know, and had some sort of psychotic break, which is which is absolutely awful. I hope that the baby died an impact and somebody didn't run over it.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they said, that the baby dad will impeg.
Speaker 1: Oh thank god.
Speaker 2: So that was tragic. But and speaking as a parent and as a dad, even though I'm transgendered, I was with my baby mom and she went through postpart of it, and I never believed that that was real. You know, you would hear that she just don't want to be bothered with no kids. They don't want to have to be no parent, they won't have no baby. But I witnessed it with my own eyes, and we didn't know what it was. But when we found out what it was, I seen it. So I understand that for women I seen. I've actually physically watched her emotions go twelve thousand emotions in five minutes, from happy to laughing to crying, to say to depressed to just dark until oh it was bonkers, Bobby. And so yeah, that is postpartum is definitely a real thing. Okay, where we going, y'all? Where we going, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 1: So the other thing, of course, now that I have to fly, I am going to be all nervous is air safety. Boeing is is being investigated.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: They had a whistleblower. I think it was an engineer who said that they were cheaping out on some of their planes as they were putting them together. So keep your ears open for plan fear any cracks or bangs, report it. Hopefully that they'll be able to somehow though on this they'll they'll discover something or be able to repair whatever the existing fleet is and and maybe discover, you know, something else that's gone wrong in other planes before it they actually go back up into the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've been flying. I've been flying more a lot. Very Yeah. That's very scary, Bobby, because you just don't know, good god, I mean.
Speaker 1: You don't They they had a Southwest, which is also a Boeing, that had to return to Denver International after losing an engine cover. I don't know if that keeps out the dust. I know when my car sounded like a truck, when the when the cover on the underneath came off, so I can only imagine what it sounds like on a plane. But the passengers replaced reported it. They you know, everybody was telling me there's airline stewards. I know that's not the right thing to call them anymore, that's not BC. But they attended. There you go, there you go. So thank god. I am just looking. Oh god. You know who had a really bad day today? Was was Mike Johnson.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Late this afternoon, they had they had his own people had voted down that that I think it's FISA fi s A that Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act bill. That's the bill that allows the US government to collect without warrants or anything, communications of non Americans that are located outside the country.
Speaker 2: And for those of you all who are listening in, Mike Johnson is the Speaker of the House.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'm so sorry. And who killed it was Trump. He feels that that they listen into his his election is campaign, which is completely untrue because he's a he's a American citizen that's within the country. They use it to spy on him. So he put it out there on truth Social to kill the bill, and it was killed and sort of everything was killed. They didn't get anything accomplished. They were supposed to be talking about a to Ukraine. And President Zelensky is he's adamant that they're going to end up losing the war soon if they don't get some sort of help. I don't know, They're going to have to do something. This is this is absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: And President Zelensky, I hope that they get the help that they need because he has put up such a state fight. He has put up the good fight.
Speaker 1: He really has, and he's like he's there, he's he's walking the walk. He's not walking around in a beautiful suit, and he is like, you know, right down order and ordering.
Speaker 2: Chick fil A, gonna say it, gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I kin'd even I can't even talk about the Chick fil A thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sop. So the backstory about this before we get into that story, is Bobby Clifford absolutely loves Chick fil A.
Speaker 1: Oh yes I do. I'm addicted. I need a twelve step Hi, my name is Bobby. And then looking for a for a support club.
Speaker 2: I like Chick fil A, but not every day. Good god. Uh. We'll get to that story. Later, y'all just hold on to that. Where we going next? Bobby C.
Speaker 1: So, oh, I don't even know. If we want to, we might as well go into Trump. His stocks are plumbing. They've been all over the place. It's lowered his value by a million dollars, not that he seems to needed at the current time, although he likes to brag. He wanted to postpone the hush money trial, which is really election interferen's trial. We just call it hush money and nope.
Speaker 2: So his apparently so his podcast not his podcast, so his streaming, his streaming service tanked.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not worth what he's got. He thought he's he dropped by a billion, so he must have been bragging on it. They say that the the listenership is not that high. I had the numbers last week, but I didn't put him up against this this week. I apologize. I'll put him up for next week. So it's you know, if you don't have listeners, then you're not bringing in ads and all that jazz. So not that great. I mean, I don't even know what truth social looks like. I wouldn't even know what to get it. I guess the app store.
Speaker 2: No, well, he'll just put up an ad, a go fund me, or you know, sell he's been selling sneakers and bibles. Maybe he'll start selling used cups from Chick fil A. Since he was just.
Speaker 1: Articulating, maybe he want maybe he was applaning for a job.
Speaker 2: And he ordered thirty milkshakes and chicken sandwiches. And it was in a very African American area that he went to this Chick fil A in and they had a woman who came up and said that she didn't care what the media said, that we were we stand behind Trump. And it looked staged. It looked very uh and I would when people were questioning why would he go to Chick fil a, Listen, that was a step up because you know, he served the football players McDonald's in the White House, so that was technically a step up.
Speaker 1: I mean, they did say that day that he was going to be at a fundraising luncheon. Maybe that's where he brought used Maybe he brought his donors to Chick fil A for a chicken sandwich and although it would have been delicious and a milkshake. But it looks like the hush money trial is going to be starting on time. The judge released a questionnaire for Jerry selection, which I was super smart because then they can sort of start to vet people, and he asks if they're part of any Proud Boys organization or antifat anything like that. He is also asking them if they have ever been to any of the former president's rallies. So I think he's trying to, you know, uh, squeeze out the ones that we don't want, and then if they lie, you know, they can come back after them. If they answered, if they fibbed down there.
Speaker 2: As well, you're ready to come back after them because they're all lying. And now you see, But we got off of Mike Johnson too quick. But did you see that mis Taylor Green was called to a conference with Mike Johnson because she was the one who was screaming to have him removed as speaker at the house. He's not my favorite either, but I would, God forbid, I would rather swallow broken glass and agree with Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: They well, I would to. I mean, first of all, it would be horrible for the country. We need a speaker. We just just spoke two seconds ago about Ukraine. We also have aid that needs to go out to to the Palestinians, right, we have to get aid to to Gaza. I think we need to almost hold off a little bit on Israel to see what Netanyahu's gonna do. If he's gonna let the aid in easily, and if he's gonna he's gonna take his part and feed these poor people and make sure that they have housing. But we need to be doing something. We compy without a speaker, I mean, it's it's unfathomable, it's it's reckless.
Speaker 2: In her God, we can't do without a speaker. But we can damn shoe without We can damn she do without a Marjorie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Absolutely, I mean and I'm not so I'm not thrilled over him either. But the one thing that I do know is that he's been trying to work. It's on staff. You know, he would I think he would like to even bring the Ukraine forward, but you know he's got those far right people that are that are screaming about it. But it mean, use your head. If we don't help the Ukrainians and to put the war here, or they'll end up attacking you know, our foreign interests. No, this this is nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were doing bumby. We're in the place. But I'm telling you something right now, when it comes down to this election and where we are and how we stand, I'm gonna call on rallying biological women to save us. The only thing that will save this this election is women. Women are the ones who stand to risk the most loss in this next election if the Orange man wins, because he wants to already say he liked the grab yard by the wuha, now he wants to own your wuha with this whole abortion thing. And he has flip flopped and swung his legs and fence road the whole time because he was the loud voice and the proud ones to scream, oh, I put three elected right people on the Supreme Court, three conservative judges on the Supreme Court. We overturn Roe versus Way. But now he's backtracking because he perceived that women. He's losing the side of women that were even the younger demographic that was teen Trump because now you are trying to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body. And I'm telling you right now, Bobby, I need women to pay attention to the flip flopping and the Flint family because women rallying together and I'm talking about biological women who can have babies, who have uteruses, can save this country if they band together. Yep, Biden, it might not be your favorite, Biden might not be doing everything that you want him to do, but Biden is not trying to invade your privacy when it comes down to the decision that you want to make about your body on what you want to do, he is not no.
Speaker 1: And he's certainly for reproductive rights. I mean, you know, the big hallabulu this week was the Arizona Supreme Court rules state is going to go away here to one hundred and sixty year old law that bands abortions except for if you can, if you can save the mom's life. Forget about rape, forget about incest. This is something that was codified back in nineteen oh one, before Arizona was even a state. In nineteen twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was eighteen sixty four. And Bobby, you made two very pertinent points. But that's what people keep saying, unless it's incests or less it's rape. How about I'm not ready to be a mother. How about I'm not ready to have a baby because I'm not mentally or in a financial place to take care of it. But then when you have the baby and you're not mentally or physically ready, stuff like what we just talked about earlier with the woman getting rid of her children, you know, or just being a horrible parent, then none of that is being taken into accountability. It is just either you have it and you deal with it, or it's our way that is just not you're not taking Some people don't want to be parents. Yes they had sex, Yes they made a mistake. Sometimes the contraceptives don't work, the condom breaks, or the such and such doesn't work, the IUD so, you know, or the shot just didn't take. Anything could happen. So you're not giving me a choice. And I don't want to be a parent. I'm not ready to be a mother. I don't want to have a kid at this time of my life, or I don't ever want to have a kid. That don't make me. I don't want to feel guilty that I'm not having sex, that I shouldn't have sex. It's just it's so many variables to this. But women, women, if you hear me, the ball is in your court. You got all the aces I need you to play them. I need you to play the hell out of them too.
Speaker 1: I think this will be the Achilles Heel for the Republicans because even the Arizona Attorney General she vowed that she would she would never this is a draconian law and she will never prosecute anybody for this because they're telling providers that if they perform the service, they could be I think it's two to five years that they could go in prison for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could lock up the doctors.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. They had on Oh my god, And I wrote her name down somewhere and I can't find it here. It was a sound from Arizona. And she actually just had an abortion two weeks ago. She has had many she's had infertility issues, she's had many miscarriages, and she found out that her current pregnancy that the heartbeat went and and she needed to well we so they call it abortion, but it's it's a d n C that that that's also what people are calling it. And so she was very concerned that her provider, had they had they done this, would face up to two to five years in prison. You know, it's ridiculous. And then Trump's trying to say that he wants to make it a state's issue. Well, you're going to have states that are going to be completely empty. If that's the issue. Going to the other states, you know, it's absolutely crazy. You know, the people will be moving.
Speaker 2: So I am telling you now he wants to go from state to state. But he held his head up high and raised the flag that he was the one who's single handedly pushed to have Row versus Way overturned just two to.
Speaker 1: Three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so like people have to think about it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I need y'all to pay attention to what you are facing because if he changed his man on thatt, if y'all put him in office, what else will he change his man on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's ridiculous. So first he was bragging about that. Now that he's saying Arizona has just gone too far. Please, I can't. I can't even I'm looking. I think that's I think that's all for him. He's he's going to be. The Supreme Court's going to hear his arguments, the community arguments on April twenty fifth, and I think that they're saying July hopefully that they'll be they'll be they'll be through. I hope that Jack Smith is like on it like a bonnet and we'll be able to move as of July, because that's what he's counting on.
Speaker 2: Right he is going to lose. I'm saying that today and I'm manifesting. And they said during the eclipse, if you manifest something, I'm manifesting that he will not be the president of the United States. I hope to God.
Speaker 1: I hope to Godden. But I'll tell you the guy who I hope is because he is our choice choice right now. He just announced Monday about more student debt relief. So I know that a lot of people aren't seeing either their group. They're not they're not hearing the words that President Biden is working working for you, But he is. He He might not be doing absolutely everything that that that you want, but he's doing everything that he can get passed through the Congress, Senate, and what he can get done that won't end up going to court by executive order like he was trying to get student on the first time, and then of course he was brought to court over it. So the new the new proposal, I guess it scales back. It'll give potentially up to five thousand dollars and then there are there are you know, the other side is really unhappy. It's not fair to taxpayers who didn't need it. But that's how a lot of stuff goes, you know, like when we have taxes that are raised for schooling. I don't have any kids that are in school anymore. Why should I have to pay? Because that's the way. That's how society works, you know. And what's good. If people have more money to spend, they're going to be stimulating the economy, which which is a little up right now three point five percent. It went up because because cost costs for housing, costs for gasoline, costs for groceries are not they're a little stubborn. They're not coming down. So I mean, but that's how it sort of works. The other thing President Biden did, and I haven't heard a lot about it. I don't know if you have flame, is that he was hosting the Prime Minister from Japan, Fubio Kashida, I believe, and his wife, as well as for the President of the of the Philippines, the Prime Minister of the Philippines, trying to show that we're we're you know, working together and that the economy is going going well, blah blah blah. I know that Japan was looking to take over the American Steel, a big, huge American steel company, but that wasn't on the agenda. Usually there are like twelve things on the agenda for when we have these big state dinners in these powows. But President Biden has actually packed it with seventy things. So hopefully they get a little bit done. Paul Simon's going to be performing at the at the dinner that would come kind of be nice.
Speaker 2: President Biden is on his hustle. He trying you know his hustle right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's trying to get in whatever he can too elected, but whatever he can get pasted. On the off chance that he doesn't get in, what can he what can he move? Can you believe they're still talking about impeaching my orcists? I guess that that's they. It's got a few days. They've got until next week to get their their articles in order. It just seems so stupid because it's not going to go anywhere. So, I mean, what a waste of tax, pay your money.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of distractions.
Speaker 1: But you just said it. It is a lot of it just directions everything to disrect from what we were supposed to be paying attention, which is the election. You know, Alaska and Wyoming are going to have their caucus, the Democratic caucus this week, so there's no surprise. We know that it will be Biden. But a lot of the what do you think about the A lot of the television networks are are coming together. They want to see some sort of some sort of debate between Biden and Trump, and I think Biden has been putting it off because Trump is notoriously bad and he lies the entire time. I think it would be fruitless, to be quite honest.
Speaker 2: With you, well, I think that Biden has the right idea because this generation is and not just the youth, but a lot of people are really directed by the Internet and they are very indecisive. So Trump Trump's voice is authoritative and is strong even when he lies, and he pushes the narrative so you will believe what he's saying. So I'm kind of weird Byen because if they did go at it, Biden is not going to be rude and disrespectful or loud and obnoxious, but he's going to be factual. But the society that we live in right now, don't want factual, they want the antics. They want the foolishness, and that's what they'll believe. So I'm kind of weird by it. And I don't think that he if he didn't do any of the other debates, because we already know who he is, there's no need for us. That's right show by Trump. Trump shows us every single day exactly who he is.
Speaker 1: Right, you're exactly And I think so too. I don't. I wanted to see them the last go around, but now after seeing he No, it's not gonna go anywhere. We're not gonna get answers. He's gonna talk like bibbity bobbity blue, the sky is blue. No it's not, it's red it. You know, it's just gonna be nonsensical. He's just gonna throw out catchphrases.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of his uh oh Alaska Palin remember when she was she was debating, like she talked about park bellies, like she made no sense, She never answered the question. You always saw the moderator kind of looking at her, and.
Speaker 2: Like what I think Biden, whoever's advising him on this is very savvy with this because it could turn out bad for Biden because Trump already showed what he debated Hillary Clinton, that he walked around her, and it was it was very it was very distracting, and it was very aggressive. It was and it made the aggressive Americans that believe him by in Trump, that's what we should do. This is how you do it. But it was it was never the right thing. It was just what he did. So yeah, I'm I know, absolutely not. If he did not debate with all the other candidates, then he should not debate Biden went on one. Because it's not that I don't think Biden is qualified to handle him, but he's going to be a nightmare. And that is what they want. They want that hostility. His followers want that combativeness and that argumentative and that disagreeableness. They thrive on it. They drink that kool aid. Oh my god, that KOULI could not have no sugar. I don't even like orange kool aid.
Speaker 1: It is he was like stock I ish you know what it reminds me of. It will remind me of a bad wrestling match. You know how one just keeps circling the other one. You're waiting for them to pounce. I don't need the theatrics. I've got enough stress in my life.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: He won't come prepared. You know, you can't prepare him because he knows better than everybody else.
Speaker 2: Well, he always goes off. He always goes off topic.
Speaker 1: Always goes figure off topic, he goes Yeah, he just free ranges. He does whatever he sort of wants. I'm sure his advisors are like having the rice crossed after you know, four sentences in. But something else that President Biden did that I forgot to mention this. We had big environmental stuff this past week. He finalized the first national standard to limit they call forever chemicals that are found in our drinking water. Nearly half of the drinking water in the US, which is a huge breakthrough this stuff. Most of us have ninety seven percent if they they test us of all Americans have the I have these chemicals that are in their body. So to think of all the new little little ones that are coming along that won't have any of this, because this will actually go away. I absolutely love they also are he puts more restrictions on chemical plants. Are two hundred chemical plants that have to cut back on toxic pollutants that are linked to cancer, which I think is which is terrific, you know, and their there are chemicals that are used for like rubber and shoes and stuff, so there's purpose for them. But they're going to have to figure out another way. So I sort of like that too. Yeah, I like any any progress. We already talked about the economy. Oh you know something I saw? Oh go ahead, Sorry, heny.
Speaker 2: He is again, we are in such a crisis in America Asian gentlemen. Neither one of these candidates are my favorites. But the option that I have, that I personally have because I'm lgbt Q I A plus, it's Joseph Biden. Because if you non committed and third party, I'm telling y'all, y'all splitting the vote and wasting your time and wasting hours, you're wasting the country's time. Yeah, I get it, I understand it. I hear you. I see it. But you waited too long to see eleventh hour. The only person that shows up in the eleventh hour is the Lord. Baby, the Lord don't want no part of this. If we wanted a third party Day one, when Joe Biden got in office, we should have started pushing to have a third part. We would have had four years to really push that narrative. But now y'all waiting to really push this. It's just senseless, Bobby, and I hate that they don't push that. That you're wasting time and you're wasting that vote. We need those votes.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with that. I was looking at when I was doing some research over the past few days. A couple of the newspapers were like, well, who could it be If it wasn't Biden, who is it? Why talk about it? You know he's already he's already accepted. Why talk I know that we have to wait to the convention until it's actually legit, but I just feel like it's a waste of time and I think it's confusing people. I think that they think that they actually can get somebody else in there, and I don't think it's a I don't think that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: That's why I was telling you, Bobby, you have to be decisive now. You have to make decisions for people because the people don't know what. Sorry to say that this this this generation seems that they don't know what they want until you show it to him. Yeah, which to say it, because that is where we are and you have to be decisive. So if you are a leader or you are in a position of a thought. That is why they bad what Trump says. Even though Trump is lying, we know because we're seasoned, we understand how the world works. He tells them what he wants them to do, and they do it. The Democrats give you a choice of this that you have to be decisive with people so that they will make the right decision because they don't know which decision to make.
Speaker 1: No, and you got to spell it. It's almost like kindergarten, right, you gotta you gotta show me. You got to explain all of the reasons they had. You know how they have a lot of these Jimmy Kimmel does it all the time. You know, these rovers in the street that will that will speak to and they'll speak to anything. But lately it's been political stuff. And I have watched them grill Trump backers, the real trumpelkins. Not we're not talking about you know, the rest of the GOP and the rest of the Republicans. We're talking about the far far right. And they gave them a bunch of facts, they were still backing them. There was just a blue collar guy, and that the the rover was saying, well, you know, he doesn't pay his workers, and they he gave like five different instances, and instead of being outraged, she thought about it for a minute and then all of a sudden, he's like, well, they didn't deserve it. They probably didn't deserve that money. And I wanted to say, which I would have backed, but what if you didn't get paid? What if all of a sudden decided you did your full work and you weren't going to get paid, Like I, they beyond drunk the kool aid. I just don't understand. And we're not going to move those people. So that's fine that thirty percent of you know, of his base, that's terrific. It's the rest of the votes that we need, especially those independent votes, so please people.
Speaker 2: Well, Bobby, you just said something miracle that this would that would be miraculous. You said if he did the work and didn't get paid, first of all, he's never going to do the work.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, absolutely, Well, speaking of someone who didn't do the work, Tesla had just had to settle a high profile okase. But you know, that Elon Muskus going right down with He's still backing his robotaxi thing, and you know the autopilots, it works sometimes.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk is a primary example. If you ever wonder what it's like to have so much, too much money and you don't know what to do, Yeah, he would be the face of that because he just got ridiculous money. Why he not vacation it somewhere? Why he not enjoying his life?
Speaker 1: He is because he wants to say, well, they want power, but then you have people like and then they're not perfect. So don't everybody eat my face off. But like the gates that are setting up all over the country, I mean not out of the country, all over the world, excuse me. All of these charities and trying to figure out ways to make things better and how to put in drainage and sewage and third world countries and get get food to them. Why can't he be doing that instead he's worried about a robotaxi.
Speaker 2: Which this is where we are, America. And I'm telling you the decision is not on me and by me and by me just talking about what you guys talk about. The decision is us to us and getting into these polls. November fourth, it will be whoo, get your bust to the polls to make a decision for your life, for your children's life, for your children's children's life. Because I'm telling you right now it's looking bleak.
Speaker 1: It is, but you don't. Let's leep. Let's end on something positive. So March madness. The women won. Not only did they win the not Iowa, I'm blank and I'm having a brain cremp South Carolina. They had they had better viewership. They had eighteen point nine compared to the men who had fourteen point seven.
Speaker 2: And a lot of that was brought on by that star athlete Caitlin Clark. So yes's off to all who brought it to women's First of all, it was a women's college sports team, which is to get that many viewers is like miraculous. That was miraculous because they love to say that the WNBA and women's sports don't get the coverage that they need. So you see that there is a great interest in women's sports. Now, since you open this can of worms, Bobby, we're not going to leave without this positive message from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I say again.
Speaker 2: So Dawn Staley, who is the coach of the team from South Carolina, who this was their third consecutive win for college, which was a great accomplishment. This is my problem here. So some reporter asked her out of nowhere, should trans women be involved in women's sports? And she took a big drink of water because you could clearly see that she was uncomfortable with the question. She really did not want to answer the question because they got you. The society has us now to where you're almost afraid to speak against the LGBT community or speak up four because you just never know which way it's going to go. She took a big drink of water. I think she's a lesbian, and she said that, yes, I think that women should be trans women should be allowed to be in sports. She's getting a lot of backlash for. But my issue is not even that her answer, what her answer was. My issue is that the reporter, out of all these accomplishments, you are taking away to shine from these young girls who just want who are on a natural high, and you bring them down by asking this question that had and I get that the question needed to be asked, but not at that time that was not the time nor the place. My stance has not changed on how I feel about trans athletes competing in sports of a different gender, because here it is, and here it is plainly to me. This is my opinion. I am a transforman, but I am not an athlete. We could ask it part of the lgbt Q I A plus community. We could come up with a new pronoun. Every other day. You tell me that we can't band together long enough to put together an organization to create a trans league for our very talented trans athletes because they keep saying, oh, it's not enough, it's not enough, it's enough for you make a mistake about it. So if it's that many people make a mistake about it, it has to be that many athletes that want their own division. That is my staying. That is how I feel. Bobby, you have your opinion may be different. I want to hear it. No.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure that that reporter was responding to the nai A say that ten times fast their new stance, that that they don't want them to to compete trans trans women to compete with biological women. So I'm sure they that since that topic was hot on the press, that they probably wanted that. No, I'm with you. I think I think you're you're putting forward a great solution. I know that there might not be as many athletes as there will be for biological women, but I think that'd be enough if you didn't the country.
Speaker 2: But and Bobby, with that, I'm going to cut you off everything to grow. If you plant a seed in the ground, it has to grow and to become something else. So when the Special Needs Olympics started, it was small. When the NBA started, there were small leagues. Excuse me, when the Paraplegics started, it was small, but it grew into something started and allow it to grow because trans people are coming out more and more each and every day, and I'm sure a lot of them want to participate in sports, but they want to be in an arena, whether they feel safe, whether they feel welcome, whether they feel seen, where it's good competition and healthy competition. So let's just plant that scene now and allow it to grow. As opposed to taking my weeds and putting it in your rose garden, destroying your rose garden. That is not what we want you to do.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with that. I mean your just Shriver started the special Olympics in her back yard flame. That's how small it was in the beginning. It is worldwide. So maybe you each high school doesn't have their own their own teams put together, but why can't you do it by counting? So I live in Middlesex County, Middlesex County would have their own forty kids that would get together and go against Essex or go against Suffolk. And it's not going to be perfect in the beginning, but I do want I want the kids to be safe too. I want the biological girls to be safe, and I want the I want trans girls to be a set. I want them to be safe too. I don't want them too hard.
Speaker 2: Create an environment to where I would feel safe as a trans athlete running against another trans girl, because the people who came to see me know exactly what they came to see and support, not the hazing, not the hate, not the booing, because they're already under scrutiny and already on the defense about living their life as a trans person. So now I got to have this double hurdle. So no, make a safe environment for them to compete, healthy and happy, and make it a sport. But this is a crisis that we are at, and it's going to be a topic. And I think my personal opinion, and I've said this and I'll say this again publicly, is that I think to show good faith and to bin to bridge the gap between trans athletes and biological athletes. If for Caitlin Jenner, who was given the SB Award for Women of the Year because when she was Bruce and she was on the WITTI box, I don't remember them giving her Athlete of the Year, if she was to give that back in good faith and say, you know what, thank you, but let's change this to trans women of the Year and allow women of the Year to have their lane and create a lane for trans athletes of the year. I think that that would just say hey, we hear you. We have come to the table to do just what you do. You guys want to invite us in. We want to come in on this term and everybody should seem to be happy. But I don't know if that's ever going to happen.
Speaker 1: By it, I just don't, but I hope I want people to keep an open mind. You know, I don't think you're saying to take away from anybody. And I don't know. That's definitely not what I want. I want the athletes to be able to to be able to compete, I mean, because it's in their blood. But I want, I want everybody to stay safe. I want the as I said, the biological girls to be able to stay safe physically. I want the trans girls to be able to to stay safe mentally and not feel like they're being put out or ostracized or or whatever.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, it's such a touch tough subject because if someone doesn't get off the plot and do something soon, you know, some of these kids are missing out, and I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 2: And again, if you are unsure about who you want to vote for in this next election because you don't like either one of the candidates, but you feel responsible as an American to vote, please vote for me. Please vote for me. If you don't understand what that means, that means, vote for Joseph Biden. Because Joseph Biden not only sees and hears what respects the lgbt Q I A plus community. I know y'all might think, well, he ain't doing this and he ain't doing that. If you have anybody affiliated in your life. That is part of the community. Joe Biden is part of that. Because I'm telling you right now, the Orange Man on a different mission, and I'm not going to I can't say publicly what it is, but I believe that he is on a different mission. All right. Let me get off of that. Let me get off my soapbox. Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you guys so much for joining us here at Laugh and Learn. The twenty second. Less than two weeks from today, on Monday, April twenty second, I and Bobby Clifford will both be on the Sherry Shepherd Show. I'm the feature comedian on the show for the laugh Line. It's her big birthday show, so it's gonna be a big deal. I'm having them acknowledge Bobby because that is my partner on Laugh and Learn, and we are three episodes away from season four. WHOA thank you, I hear, thank you Black Effect Network, thank you Aaron Howard, thank you Charlemagne, the Gud and the Dolly Bishop. And that Later to day, I'm doing a pop up show at Comedy in Harlem, which will be like a live love lounge and a Q and A and a whole bunch of other stuff I got. We got a very special guest coming who used to have a talk show. I can't tell you her name, but be there find out. All the information is on one of my websites. Secondly, I am so elated to say that I got my original Instagram page back, Monroe Flame. We are back, yay, So follow me on Instagram at Monroe Flame. Maybe I do a love lounge tonight to really invite y'all back, since it's such a beautiful day in California. Thirdly, April twenty sixth and twenty seventh, I'll be in Kylleen, Texas at the twicees Fundy Comedy Club. May tenth is the big showcase for Netflix is a joke. I'm going to show my new hour and if they don't pick me up by that Monday the thirteenth, I'm gonna start a go fund me on that Tuesday the fourteenth to produce my own damn one hour special. June the thirtieth, I will be in Chicago for Urban Pride, and July nineteenth and twentieth, I will be at the Uptown Comedy Club in Atlanta, Georgia. Go to my website check out everything but The biggest thing coming up is the Shery Shepperd Show April twenty second, Oh and April twenty third, I'm doing the Breakfast Club again. Yay. Let's see how many views we get out of this one. It'll be my first time me just hilarious that I'm looking forward to that. So y'all tune in and listen. You could follow me on all social media platforms at Flame, Monrow and Instagram at Moro Flame. And where can we find you at Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just hang around the same places, so Clifford Bobby on Instagram and on Facebook, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: Yes, and thank you guys so much. Listen, we are on our way to season four. Thank you Aaron Howard, our producer. We appreciate you here, we see you, we hear you, and we adore you, and we will catch you next week because I'll tell you what. Here at laugh a Learn, the motto has not changed and we'll never change. Here at Laughing Learn, we are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 1: Because why Bobby, Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste and A.
Speaker 2: Vote for the wrong party is even worse thing to waste, so vote right. Thank you so much, We would talk to you next week. Bye Aaron Bybie Bobby. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, iHeartRadio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn.