Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Katty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: President Zalinski's coming to see me on Friday. Friday morning, and we're going to be signing really a very important agreement for both sets, because it's really going to get us into that country. We'll be working there, We'll have a lot of people working there, and so in that sense, it's very good. It's a backstop. You could say, I don't think anybody's going to play around. If we're there with a lot of workers and having to do with rare earths and other things which we need for our country, then we appreciate it very much. And I look forward to seeing him.
Speaker 4: Are there areas specifically of Ukraine that you're talking about in giving back specifically Crania.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking about that. We're going to see if we can get it back or get a lot of it back.
Speaker 5: So he says he's gonna converse with Putin about getting some of the land back.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: It's the first time I've heard him say that of a Ukraine getting some of their land back. And then also the first question was about whether or not we're going to send troops or anything like that, and he said, no, but we're gonna have a lot of people in there. We're gonna have a lot of people, and I don't think anybody will mess around us with us when we've got you know, all these people working there.
Speaker 2: So I don't it's.
Speaker 5: Hard to say with Trump always if that's a veiled threat or an outright threat, or just an assumption that if we have a whole bunch of USA dump trucks and machinery and scientists and whatever else there, that's ours.
Speaker 1: Right, right, or it might be red herring because sometimes Trump throws those out. We've referred to it occasionally as you know, you're in a negotiation and you demand an elephant, and they yell, they they tell you we can't afford an elephant.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to put an elephant.
Speaker 1: You say, no, got to have an element, and you make the other side to spend a certain amount of time and energy on getting the element, the elephant out of the contract. You never wanted an elephant. Trump does that too, so it's really difficult to discern what his strategy is, which is part of his strategy.
Speaker 2: No doubt. So you think it's possible.
Speaker 5: I assume you're talking about he's trying to work Putin, So you think Putin's gonna think I don't want the United States invested heavily in Ukraine with equipment and manpower there.
Speaker 2: That is not good.
Speaker 5: Maybe I should give back some land or whatever to keep that from happening.
Speaker 2: Right, that's possible.
Speaker 1: And I was going to get into this factor a little later, but we'll just go ahead and do it now. The problem is, though, and often the folks on the kind of New World Order Tucker Carlson Wright don't mention this, Ukraine has zero interest in being under Russia's thumb. They would die literally, they're doing it before they accepted that Russia and the Soviet Union interchangeable practically with Putin in charge, starved tens of millions of their family to death. They have slaughtered civilians, they have systematically tortured people. They have kidnapped tens of thousands of their children. How would Americans react to a power that did that. We would fight them until our dying day. If it took fifty generations, and the Ukrainians feel the same way, So keep that in mind anytime you talk about some brilliant broker ceasefire that's going to include mineral rights or whatever. The other factor that you really need to remember is that Putin will only keep an agreement until the minute it's more profitable to abandon it. His word is worth nothing on the international stage.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: And you can start with when Ukraine yielded its nuclear weapons in nineteen ninety four in exchange for security guarantees from the US, UK and Russia. Moscow explicitly promised to respect Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and refrained from economic coercion. And they went back on that the minute it was convenient. In three Russia began building a dam on the tiny Ukrainian island of Toslow without warning or permission. Ukraine responded by deploying troops. Crisis diffused only after the current president then struck a compromise with Putin on terms heavily favorable to Moscow.
Speaker 2: Oh Boy.
Speaker 1: Moscow resorting to energy extortion to draw Kiev into its orbit. After that, weaponized its trade with the Ukraine. In twenty thirteen, they blocked Ukrainian exports at the border while backing a puppet regime. There are all sorts of examples of their agreements just falling apart again the minute it's convenient for Putin to blow it up.
Speaker 5: I gotta believe though, since France and Britain have agreed to thirty thousand troops boots on the ground there, and we're talking about having you know, USA man power there to get the minerals out and also probably some sort of backstop that remains very misty, that would be suicide for Putin to attack that. I mean, he'd be full on at war with NATO if he did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, although you have long questioned are and the other NATO powers commitment to actually living up to their Article five obligations. If one are attacked, all are attacked and we fight back. In fact, Trump is explicit he said, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a difference between I'm France and Tonia Estonia. I don't know the name of some of these countries gets attacked and I think, okay, do I want to send French troops and French troops are being.
Speaker 1: Attacked, Well, there are only like one hundred French troops and they're wearing panties. So let's go with a country with a real military. If we can find on Finland, well that's so on, so on fire. Really, I don't know, so I tell you the one thing I approached this somewhat humbly, because nobody, including JD. Vance, probably knows exactly what Trump has in mind, what he considers an acceptable outcome, and how that squares with what he talks to Selinski out behind the scenes. Very difficult to know where this could go. But back to your point and then be done with it.
Speaker 5: Is the imagine if you're a Ukrainian and your kids were taken at gunpoint from your home and now lives somewhere in Russia and twenty percent of your land mass is gone and all your buildings are rubble, and you're just supposed to accept this.
Speaker 1: Deal, right right, It's not going to happen, can't even mean Yeah, guerrilla warfare for decades. Who knows what shape it'll take. But I have no idea. I usually have a theory how these things are going to shake out. This one is just all wild cards speak thees. I got a theory four year right after this.
Speaker 2: A word from our friends at Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: It's the best way to get action in on sports and more than thirty states, including California, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. Prize Picks is the best place to get real money sports action.
Speaker 2: Join over ten million users. Sign up today. Basketball is hot right now.
Speaker 5: You can turn your opinions into money with Prize Picks. You want to download the app today. On who you think is hot or what team is hot or whatever.
Speaker 2: Sign up today.
Speaker 5: I get fifty dollars instantly when you play five. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It is guaranteed and it's super easy too.
Speaker 1: Just pick two or more player prize or stat projections and say more or less. It takes like sixty seconds. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use that code Armstrong. You get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: It's automatic.
Speaker 1: You don't have to win, Just play five to give you fifty to play round with Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: The coat is Armstrong Prize Picks.
Speaker 5: Run your game, okay, wife trips over space, heater drops pills on the floor, hits her head dies. Okay, dog dies in the grate, starves, which is horrible obviously. Oh so Geen Jeane with dementia, sees wife doesn't know what to do, gets confused, He's stumbling around the house. He does not do anything at this point in his life. He's ninety five years old. He gets weak, falls, hits his head and dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even the broad outlines of it, even if some of the details aren't there, hits her head and dies, it doesn't happen a lot deceivable.
Speaker 2: I got a.
Speaker 5: Friend he tripped on the curb a couple years ago. He was like sixty and he's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got for a walk with his wife, fall in the bathroom, and then very old Gene Hackman.
Speaker 5: I, Well, what I like about this theory is that a weird odd event happens with the youngest healthiest one in this one, and then you got a ninety five year old on their own, and then anything could.
Speaker 1: Happen, right, Yeah, And given the timetable and the mummification, et cetera, it's entirely possible that he passed three days after her, although if he was out of it then he would have been getting full time care. I would think otherwise you would have called the cops. They had phones. She would have been full time care for him, and then she was dead. Yeah, it's possible. So your money is on truly unfortunate string of events and not foul play.
Speaker 5: Now I don't think there's foul play, but I'm still going with He has a heart attack in the mud room. She sees him dead as so despondent, she says, I'm gonna kill myself, goes and.
Speaker 2: Gets the pills.
Speaker 1: Executive producer Mike Hanson makes the trains run on time. He's a practical man. What is your theory, handsome?
Speaker 6: Similar similar theory, but involving heartbreak. So the wife has a heart attack, perhaps due to the stress and strain of taking care of her elderly. What next, she has a heart attack and dies. He finds her sometime later, distraught, stumbles around the house, has a heart attack himself, falls and dies.
Speaker 2: The pork dog is stuck in the in the kennel. Yeah, it's all about It's all about heart heart to break.
Speaker 5: She is just similar to the text that it makes more sense if she goes first, because then he's on his own as a ninety five year old, and quite possible he would have just if you if she's gonna sell, he dies, he doesn't know where he is, or can't get out.
Speaker 1: Of the house or whatever, or he discovers his wife didda the heart attack and rushes to grab his phone, falls and hits his head.
Speaker 2: That's it could be as simple as that. Okay.
Speaker 5: She comes out of the bedroom. Dog is barking. She puts it in the great shut up dog. She goes up, bigfoot, standing there.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think you're taking this serious anyway.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of techs.
Speaker 1: She seizes her chest, says, yeah, Well.
Speaker 5: We got a lot more news to get to and a bunch of different things.
Speaker 2: Is the Great blackout going on?
Speaker 5: Has anybody noticed our liberals not buying anything today? On the Great Economic Blackout? Does anybody notice that at all? Text four one five KFTC.
Speaker 7: Well, guys, the ninety seventh Oscars are this Sunday. The Best Actor nominees include Timothy Chalomey for his role as Bob Dylan and uh Elon Musk for his role as President. I heard that this year's Oscar gift bag contains two hundred thousand dollars worth of item.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's one carton of eggs. So I was just rang joke.
Speaker 5: I was just written an interesting thing. I'm rooting for the Bob Dylan movie for a couple of reasons, including it's the only movie nominated movie I've seen, so you know, make me feel better.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm rooting for the transgender cartel boss pile of steaming Wells.
Speaker 2: I saw that one. So I was just.
Speaker 5: Reading how because of the controversy around that, with the star of the trans movie saying uncool things and they know, they're really screaming toward non controversial and it's been a big break for the Bob Dylan movie that might have, you know, not won much in the face of because it's very big to give these awards to things that fit with the political moment. See you have a trans movie when you know, we don't know how that works. But they might be going non controversial just to stay out of the trouble and leaning toward the Bob Dylan movie. That's the latest feeling in Hollywood, according to people watch this sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I watch that movie, but I would have to go to a movie theater, so that's gonna interfere.
Speaker 5: Okay, here is I know some of you listening probably already know this. I did not know this until last night. So someone I know hipped me to the fact that. Okay, so Macrone was in Washington, d C. Meeting with Trump and a person says to me, of course his wife's a dude.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha. I just looked at him, and.
Speaker 5: You don't know that, know what that Macrone's wife is a dude. And so apparently Candae Owens, who we actually kind of know, and others have videos showing mcrone's wife in various situations where she looks very much like a dude.
Speaker 2: And this person says, they're all dudes. You know. Michelle Obama's a dude. And I said, well, I've heard those jokes.
Speaker 5: But and says, no, you know the Ellen video And I said, what, So you should grab your phone, Joe and Katie should grab your phone because I've forwarded you the video. So when Michelle Obama was on Ellen, you know, when you went on Ellen degenerous, you had to dance. Everybody had to dance when they came on. If you zoom in on Michelle Obama in her loose fitting slacks at least in this video that it looks like she's got a penis.
Speaker 2: So that is the anyway.
Speaker 5: So I guess that's a big theme for a lot of you.
Speaker 2: What do you think that is? I'm not. I don't think Michelle Obama's a dude, by the way, I don't. But yes, Katie, I can tell you what I think it is. It's ai that's fake.
Speaker 1: Unless you have police powers, you cannot compel me to join in this idiotic conversation.
Speaker 2: But I respectfully abstained.
Speaker 5: No, the conversation for me isn't is mccrone's wife a dude or Michelle Obama dude? The conversation is there are lots and lots and lots of people who believe that and use these videos and stuff like that for evidence.
Speaker 8: It definitely looks like she's she's got a thing in this in this video.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's that's that's swinging in man. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as I said, you'd think, you know, I'm a guy, I would wear some sort of underwear. If I was wearing those pants, I wouldn't be uh, you know, fbing it if.
Speaker 1: You will, Right, it's just sensible, that's right. So what are you asking me? Do I think Michelle Obama has a sponse or does it look like it in the video, or you're.
Speaker 5: Just times that you just want to Okay, it's interesting that there are lots of people, and again, I don't know if it's ten thousand or ten million people that I believe this.
Speaker 2: I mean into I'm trying to get my arms around.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Michelle Obama and old Lady McCrone are dudes.
Speaker 2: Who else is a dude? All of them?
Speaker 5: A lot of the day, A lot of the Democrat, high level democrats, their wives are dudes.
Speaker 2: Why I don't know.
Speaker 5: But but this person I was talking to, college educated person, you know whatever, one hundred percent believes that.
Speaker 1: It's not like they were laughing about it. Oh yeah, they're all dudes. I don't know what to do with that. I mean, if they said they're all squirrels, I would have the same reaction.
Speaker 5: I mean, the conversation, so the conversation actually immediately went on their end from I don't understand why Barack Obama just didn't run as a as a gay man married to another man, I don't I guess maybe they didn't think he could get elected in two thousand and eight. With that you could now probably, but it's just surprising me the I mean, so they immediately went to the practicality of why they hid the fact that Michelle is a dude. The question of whether or not she's a dude wasn't even there anymore. We're onto the.
Speaker 2: Settled Yeah, that's settled science.
Speaker 1: Well, that is fascinating to me and is one more reason we should unplug the internet.
Speaker 2: Should I post this video? Helly hilarious? Yeah, post that video so people can check it out.
Speaker 5: I mean, in this video, this person dancing appears to have male parts in loose pants while they're dancing on Allan.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think it is AI adjusted.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna get Katie's corner ready and I'll put it there. So I don't put that on your hot lengths and trash things up because I'll upset Joe and.
Speaker 2: I hadn't heard the mccrone's wife as a dude.
Speaker 5: Also, anyway, it fits in somehow with the Epstein stuff.
Speaker 2: That that crowd is very excited about the list coming out.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to come out yesterday, didn't Pambondi's believing the FBI stonewalling. Wait a second, Cash, Betel's stonewalling you. That doesn't make sense, So I don't. I don't know what's going on with any of that, and I don't believe. I'm all for the jokes. The jokes are funny. I've laughed at many of them. Like Greg Gutfeld the other day about it looks like the Obama marriage is doing okay, and he said, I don't know why. They just can't settle it like men. I mean, so that's a winking.
Speaker 2: A nod to the crowd. Sure, and I laughed, But I don't believe Michelle Obama's a dude. I don't at all, not even a tiny bit.
Speaker 1: So coming up, the Democrats are about to squeal like spine about Medicare reform, what it is and what it's not. Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty, As I said, you'd think, you know, I'm a guy, I would wear some sort of underwear.
Speaker 2: If I was wearing those pants, I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be, you know, being it if you will not right, it's just sensible, that's right.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty show el.
Speaker 5: Right, which har comes back to a story I told about a marine. I was on a boat with in Hawaii talking about the song free Falling and how he would sing it and how hilarious it was, and everybody it's from back in the summer.
Speaker 2: Find the podcast. It's an annoying story. M sorry it was brought up again. And it is no new news. It's redundant.
Speaker 1: It's no news that the Democratic Party has no idea what to do with itself and is wandering around in the wilderness. And as soon as the let's be moderates like we used to be wing gets a little momentum, the lunatic left just cuts them off the knees and docks them and threatens with primaries and gets rid of them. And then Kim Strassel and the Wall Street Journalist wrote a great article today, great to think piece about how you know, the moderates of the past are gone and those of the present are just getting murdered by the lunatic left.
Speaker 2: And one of my favorite lines.
Speaker 1: From it is if if the Democrats didn't already know the progressive agenda was a political loser, they do now what to do with an ash heap of a political platform, one nonetheless rigidly enforced by liberal shock troops, and no charismatic figure with the spiner know how to lead a change of direction, engage muscle memory, and do the easy fight fight fight. Thus the bizarre site of Democrats rallying fervently in favor of government waste, fraud, and inefficiency. I expect this to continue. Yeah, and she mentions Chuck Schumer shout gasping, we will win, we will win, which brings us to the next strategy.
Speaker 2: We're going to hear and the media, of course.
Speaker 1: Will echo this as loudly as they possibly can, and that is shouting about the Republicans so called Medicaid cuts. There are no Medicaid cuts coming. Some more on that in a minute, But keep in mind that Medicaid, which is in great need of reform, was established to help the needy, poor, children, pregnant women, the elderly disabled, and Democrats have expanded it bit by bit by bit into a much broader entitlement for able bodied, working age adults with lower incomes. So, not surprisingly, Medicaid spending is out pacing even Social Security Medicare. Federal Medicaid Outlaid's outlays have increased two hundred and seven percent since oh eight, and fifty one percent just since twenty nineteen, Medicaid spending is a share of federal outlays rose to ten percent from seven percent over the last twenty or so years. Well, the share of Social Security and medicare remained stable. Now the press is claiming Republicans want to gut Medicaid, but it's not true at all. They're not proposing a cut. Medicaid outlays are on track to increase by two point four trillion dollars through twenty thirty five according to the CBO, So shaving eight hundred and eighty billion from that baseline of increase would still amount to a one point five trillion dollar increase in Medicaid spending.
Speaker 5: This is one of the older tricks in the book of this sort of thing. We've been talking about this for decades. If you try to slow down the increase in spending, it is portrayed as a cut, and because very few people pay close enough attention, it usually works.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she points are the editorial board, I guess it is. The journal points out that Republicans should have fixed the baseline increased thing, but they've lacked the nerve. So to hit the target, Republicans just need a slow Medicaid spending growth to about two percent annually, which follows Biden's increasing it by nine percent a can.
Speaker 2: You imagine wow.
Speaker 1: But one reason is that Democrat runs states have figured out how to scam Medicaid to finance their other spending priorities. Quoting the Journal, one trick is imposing taxes on hospitals and managed care insurance plans, which states then use to spend more on Medicaid to collect more federal dollars. For every dollar state spend on Medicaid, the Feds chip in one to three on top of it, so the match is nine to one for the Obamacare expansion population, which gives states an incentive to spend more on the healthy, abled bodied then on the vulnerable.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of government spending, especially when the Feds and states get into bed together, he's such an incentive to spend as much money as humanly possible, even if it is utterly at odds with what medicaid is supposed to be. Democrats and Republicans joined in ninety one to impose limits on these tax schemes.
Speaker 2: One reason the.
Speaker 1: New York, for instance, received three thousand dollars plus for each state resident in twenty twenty three. Based on the recent federal data, federal medicaid dollars also subsidized California and Illinois much more than the Red states because of their policies. So when you hear that, you know Republicans are gutting medicaid, balancing the budget on the backs of the poor and the sick and coughing babies.
Speaker 2: It's just not true. Well, good luck on winning net messaging. It's a tough one. Yeah, it's so frustrating.
Speaker 1: I remember roughly the first time I heard the expression in politics. If you're explaining you're losing, and that is just that is really really discouraging. Yes, i'd say, I mean, especially because we've let the government, the federal government, grow to such astounding size and complexity.
Speaker 2: You can't explain anything.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you can't really describe or discuss anything without explaining.
Speaker 5: You're punishing poor people. Now you have to just how many words was that you're punishing poor forwards, you would have to take paragraphs to explain how I'm not punishing poor people.
Speaker 1: If you liar, it's probably not that effective, But it was satisfying.
Speaker 2: Your husband's your wife's a dude, that's how you would reply. So's your sister. Oh, speaking of fake narratives.
Speaker 1: The whole the public school thing is, we've discussed many times, is utterly corrupt K through grad school and needs to be torn to the studs or just eliminated. But may is out main another blue state out with their educational stats. Their scores are plummeting, and anybody who's telling the truth says, yes, it's the giant influx. Well, it's keeping our kids out of school for like the entirety of COVID because it's a blue state. So of course you had to do that because Trump said to open the schools. But that and the influx of illegal immigrants. It's a Democrat dominated sanctuary state. And the number of children who cannot speak English fluently is sword in the last decade, and the scores are plunging. Only thirty three percent of children in the fourth grade and main and proficient math twenty six percent, are fluent in reading only twenty six percent, some of the worst scores in the nation.
Speaker 2: And the older kids.
Speaker 1: What is that sixth grade they test them again, I'm not sure, but the older kids are even worse off A mere twenty five percent proficient in math and twenty six percent in reading.
Speaker 5: I think maybe the best strategy would be to strip down schooling K THROUGHHD to just like STEM stuff. So what's STEM stand for science? Technology, technology, engineering.
Speaker 1: Engineering, and and and manliness anyway, mathematics even then you're up against it in some cases, as we've learned, as they got woke stuff.
Speaker 2: Slipping into math and everything like that.
Speaker 5: But I had a little thing I was going to read the other day about how at the university level, anthropology, sociology and one of the other one ologies are just so incredibly woke. I mean, they're just they're so out there crazy that they're they're definitely a net deficit to society and you're not freaking learning anything. And I thought about that when I was reading joy Read's bio the other day when we were talking about how she's leaving MSNBC. She went to Harvard, but she was a film studies major or something like that, and boy and all of that sort of stuff. The other day, I was thinking, because I've really gotten into the history of the Impressionists lately, and I thought I wish I had taken art history in college.
Speaker 2: I should take art history. Maybe I'll get a minor in art history or something like that. Then I felt, why would I do that?
Speaker 5: Every bit of information I want to know about art history is out there, either in a book or I can watch endless YouTube videos of the smartest people on the subject giving endless lectures about whatever I'm interested in. There's no reason to put it in the world of a university, all of that stuff, there's no point in it. There's no point in paying for your kid to go learn art history or like a nine gazillion other.
Speaker 2: Things that you can learn on your own. There's just no need for it.
Speaker 1: It's as if people are still carrying around a calculator in addition to their smartphone, like the word hasn't gotten to them that this is an utterly unnecessary redundancy. Now, if you want to have somebody guide your learning, design the curriculum, but again that can be found online without indoctrination.
Speaker 5: That can be found online too, guiding your learning and a curriculum very easily. And it used to be kind of funny that mentioned, because I saw one of these yesterday. So and so college, and it's one of your top schools, is now having a class in Beyonce in which they'll study the artists.
Speaker 2: And that stuff is just crap.
Speaker 5: I took a rock and roll history class in college, complete waste of time and money. I had a full time job. I can't believe it. I even showed up to that BS. What the hell are we doing here? I took a bowling class. What the hell I understand it's a part of being a well rounded whatever that went out the window a long time ago. This is just crap. You're wasting my time. I got other things to do and stealing money from me.
Speaker 1: Final statement in summary of the earlier education stuff, and this is undeniable. The data, and it's everywhere suggests rather strongly that as a American school systems all over the country restructure in their struggle to educate migrant children illegal immigrants, mostly the children are the losers.
Speaker 2: Of course, students are the losers.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe that makes you sad or uncomfortable or sounds like you're blaming brown people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, let's deal with facts. I'm blaming reality. If you have someone in your class.
Speaker 5: If you have two, because I've seen this, you got a class of thirty kids, twenty eight of them speak English to one of them speaks Chinese, when of them speaks Spanish and the teacher doesn't speak Spanish or Chinese, and the teacher stands up there does it in English? Then does does their Google translator thing for Spanish and for Chinese? How long do you suppose that takes to get through any damn lesson when you're doing it that way.
Speaker 2: But that is the way they do it. And if you have more kids, there's even more.
Speaker 5: I mean, you might have four different languages in your classroom instead of just three.
Speaker 2: It's happening all across the country or now. It's insane. That is insane.
Speaker 1: The degree to which the left establishment and the teachers' unions will abuse the children, and I don't think that term is misapplied to further political their political aims is sickening.
Speaker 2: Sickening. They would they will let.
Speaker 1: The kids coast through school ignorant, and you know, not coast through school at all during COVID if they preserve their wealth and power.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting, you know, it would be an interesting experiment in a parallel universe.
Speaker 2: How long would schools have stayed closed.
Speaker 5: In the bluest areas like where I am if there'd been zero pushback, if there had been no pushback at all, how long.
Speaker 2: Would they have kept the schools closed? Would they still be closed? They might be, they might be. It's so obvious looking back at it.
Speaker 1: The teachers' unions knew the parents and the kids were desperate to have the schools open. If the person on the other side of the negotiating table with you is desperate or from you, is desperate, you've got some great power to get all sorts of stuff. And that's what they did, and the kids' minds and souls be damned. Uh.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we got a bunch of things to get to.
Speaker 5: Major football star makes a retirements announcement if you're an NFL fan, and some other things.
Speaker 2: Oh, a couple of things.
Speaker 5: I'm I might actually watch a little of the Oscar Sunday night. I thought I would never say that again in my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, coding onto the dark side, folks, He's woke, woke.
Speaker 2: Jack Conan's the host anyway, more hilarious. More on all that coming up. Stay here, Armstrong and.
Speaker 1: One one.
Speaker 2: Where's your emergency? I've been locked in the storage unit for about a week now, and I just now felt.
Speaker 4: My phone a girlfriend has outstanding words for attempted murder and for kidnapping, no food, no waters. You know, like I said, if we had been in the heat of the summer or the super cold of the winter, this would be a whole different story.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, Katie, are you behind this clip? There's a lot there.
Speaker 5: First I thought the guy accidentally got locked in his storage unit for a week.
Speaker 2: Who brought us this? Mike Hanson? Is that you? Yeah? Okay, So what's the background on this? His girlfriend locked him in the storage unit for a week. Indeed, Jack, his girlfriend locked him in a storage unit for a.
Speaker 1: Week, and his phone was with him but not handy and he finally found it.
Speaker 2: Well, or it be pitch dark in there? Yeah, yeah, As as.
Speaker 1: The chief investigating officer, there's something that doesn't quite fit here. And then where we kidnaped him and shut him in a storage unit and didn't take his phone from him while he was presumably unconscious or is she a big beefy.
Speaker 2: Gallon just overpower? And where was Gene Hackman's body and all this it could be related. We're not ruling out a connection. Say you're suspicious of something, yeah? Absolutely? Coming up next, hour.
Speaker 1: Why women love woke, a British woman columnist has nailed it. Women are making themselves miserable, and being miserable makes them more woke.
Speaker 2: Stay with us a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Travis Kelcey of the Kansas City Chiefs announced he will absolutely be.
Speaker 2: Back next year. He plans to get in the best shape of his life.
Speaker 5: He can't end his career with that taste in his mouth, he said, So we'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Tea Swizzle is happy with that or not.
Speaker 5: You said you were gonna quit. We were supposed to go to Bali Bali, someplace fancy. I think they can still go to bally Bally. It'll be fine. Anyboddy noticing the big liberal walkout today?
Speaker 2: Is that happening anywhere? I haven't gotten any texts that people have noticed. They're supposed to.
Speaker 5: Start at noon Eastern, so I guess it hasn't heard yet as we are broadcasting this. So we'll see if you're not supposed to buy any like fast food or anything at a store, or buy any gas or do anything if you're a liberal to show how much you hate Trump and Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a good day to go shopping and eating and buying gas to me because I'm not gonna running in any progressive jackasses.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: You're the umpteenth person I've heard say that today is the day I'm always a shop extra.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're saying, I say the obvious, I got no originality. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: It was? Text you Sorry, that was a little quick.
Speaker 5: I just think it's funny that that's what everybody's If you're not, you know, a lefty, that's your reaction.
Speaker 1: Cool, I'll go shopping. How about how about we make you the whole weekend. Let's show those conservative jack Let's.
Speaker 2: Let's show them by not going.
Speaker 1: Out at all all weekend and also not saying anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is there any way you could like not go to restaurants the entire weekend and then the rest of us could go or whatever. That'd be cool, like the sound of that. There was one more thing I wanted to jam and before I get to that, I'm still ill. So there's no cold medicine that does anything. By the way, it is all a joke. It's all a joke that the pharmaceutical industry is playing on all this. I don't think there's any cold medicine that really does much of anything.
Speaker 1: I think to the extent it has a set of minifin the active ingredients in Thailand, all right, that helps the rest of it's just nothing.
Speaker 5: No taking thailand al or ibuprofen or something like that will help. But the general this is for severe cold that has thailand al or ibuprofene in it, and then fennerin or in or whatever that stuff is that the government itself announced does nothing.
Speaker 2: That's in every one of those cold medicines.
Speaker 1: There is one medicine that actually does work, and I'm trying to remember the name of it. I love it, and but why it works is a really disgusting phrase that I'd rather not say on the air.
Speaker 2: It's a phrase no one wants to hear. Well, it's cold and flu season.
Speaker 5: I've got a cold. You know the medicine that actually works, You've got to tell us. I'm trying to remember the name of it. I know where it is in my cabinet in the kitchen. But it works, Jack partly because it thins your secretions, all right.
Speaker 1: You're right?
Speaker 2: Are are my secretions too?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding the syrup please, you should be ashamed of those secretions anyway. It's what is it, I'll try to think of it. It's a cough suppressant and uh and uh and and a four discretion thinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Uncle Otis's secretion finner, Armstrong and Getty