Speaker 1: With Alexia Napola and Marissa Patton, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hey everyone, Hi.
Speaker 2: We are in New York City, freezing our butts off.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so cold. It's snowing outside.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we brought the winter whites from Miami. We did this, look, did we No, we didn't, but we always coordinate that way. It's accidental always.
Speaker 1: It's so much fun to be here though, bro right, it's so much fun.
Speaker 2: We love New York City. Thank you to all of our fans here in New York City. I know Miami is working on that, so we.
Speaker 1: Stop. We are. Yes, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't throw digs. You're the one that throws the digs on our show. I don't tell you were in your face yea. So anyways, welcome to I Put Fallowed right from New York City at the Comrade Hotel. Live from New York City is Alexia.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and it's Tuesday night, Okay, does that matter the weekend?
Speaker 2: From New York City, it's Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I know.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, my friend. Well, okay, welcome anyways, guys. We have a lot of interesting questions that you guys have been asking and you want us to answer. So why did we start with.
Speaker 1: Fans questions day on the podcast? Okay, what's the first question, Alexe?
Speaker 2: Well, we have to tell them that we really love to hear our fans and we really love the questions they have to ask us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So here's our first question.
Speaker 1: What are three things you and Marisol would say or I must have in a friendship.
Speaker 2: That's easy, that's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: You need to be loyal. I need to be able to trust you, trustworthy one hundred percent. Yeah, you mean you you'll know like after a few years if you share some info and it gets repeated that yeah, there's no trust there, and then that is like that's like, you're out. It's done. They get the campy can't flirt with your man? Okay, No, I don't like Boo Bear. I mean I like him for you, not for me. I'm talking to me, not talking about you. I'm talking about friendships. Okay, you looked at me and you said you can't flirt with you. I was looking at you would agree with me.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you like yeah yeah, she said, I'm super possessive and jealous. Oh my god. Yeah, you better not be checking out, Todd. I mean, I know he's hoping, you know what, I look at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're out, You're finished, and don't mess with my money.
Speaker 2: You know you messed with my money.
Speaker 1: Friends do you have that will want to mess with your money? How do they even have access to your money? You know there's people that will pretend to be your friend and try to get into business, Joe, that's different. Those are people, know, but you know what the problem is.
Speaker 2: And I think you have that problem that you don't know how to differentiate between your real friends.
Speaker 1: Well said by you? No, no, how Now I have so few friends left there?
Speaker 2: Maybe I need to do the podcast US with Marasoon next to me, because she's screaming here right next to me, she's screaming, and I'm usually the one that's screaming, so I love to hear you screaming, but not in my ear. So anyways, I think it's important to be able to differentiate between acquaintances and real friends and business partners. Your business partners are not necessarily your friends and don't. So that's why my friends, but your friend never steal my money because I'm not I'm not your friend, they're your business partner. But yeah, it happens people.
Speaker 1: Oh sure it does. You know, do business with friends and it's the worst thing you could do. They're not you know, it's bad, right, all right, So that's well, we think we nail that one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I like my friends to be funny too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, I got that one way right right. I get some adds to all the other stuff. Okay, Mara, So you read the questions because I don't want to wear my gasses today because I know too. C Yeah, Oh my god, that's so hot. If you could see this course, is that course situation with the fishermen's like sweater? It's just soci Yeah, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Okay. What would you consider toxic enough to walk away from from a relationship or friendship?
Speaker 1: Cheating and lying right right? Talking behind your back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking behind your back.
Speaker 1: Lying, cheating, eating, lying, uh huh okay, okay, without mentioning names, does it amaze you that some women in the real houses in Miami go out of their way to be toxic, and yet some ladies remain friends with them and continue to treat them nicely?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that much? So I was doing press about that today. That's why I'm in my winter white here in New York City and I spoke about that. I've been really disappointed this season where Johanna, to be specific, I knew that was who's coming up, that's right.
Speaker 1: I mean we all know.
Speaker 2: I don't even like saying her name, but when she continues to behave a certain way, and how the other girls are not stopping her or giving her any advice, especially Nicole. So that's why I'm feeling the kind of way that I am about Nicole, because you know, I thought you would be the bigger, better person as long as she has You're so smart and give good advice, like you know, sometimes you have to be either well, Adrianna's Uplisa's but so of course she's not going to Adriana like it's like kissing her ass big time, So that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Well, as long as she has three people behind her, she's okay, and she's going to continue to do it. She's sorry, she's just wrong, and in real life situation, nobody should be supporting that.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not nobody.
Speaker 1: And I obviously hadn't watched, you know, I didn't know what was going on behind my back. But guess what, guys, we're having the reunion this week and that's why we're in New York City in our winter whites. Yes, and you're gonna love our scene. By the way, you guys will have to watch because we're gonna kill her the same is so, yeah, I know how much I did press today. I'm supposed to know exactly what I'm doing. Don't overtease, so it's not an overtease anyways. So you guys are going to have to watch because that's where we have that opportunity to talk to each other or fight with each other and make our points and bring up all the things that we need to bring up and all the information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we may have to do what Heather's doing. You know, the proof, the receipts, the timeline. What else am I missing? And I didn't watch that?
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's become iconic, you know, it's become iconic with the politicians, with Kevin Hart.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Heather.
Speaker 2: We love you, Heather, Hell, we love you.
Speaker 1: Anyways, what's the next question?
Speaker 2: But that was a very good question.
Speaker 1: However, asked that it was so funny because all I thought about was Adriana the whole time?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: Okay? How do you feel about previous cast members of our HLM resurfacing? We saw Leah come back? Now Ana, who's next? Who would you like to s and who would you like to see resurface? Who would make you say I pull forward?
Speaker 2: No? I mean I think there are yeah, I open, no falling No, Yeah, okay, you know, and there's a reason for it, you know, I call on you know. It's like evolution progress. Yeah, and no, there's no room for anybody else. I think we have a great cast.
Speaker 1: Me too, I agree. I think it's perfect the way it is. Okay, so we're not going to touch that. Okay, now there are JOm has been on the air for three consecutive seasons. How would you compare the fandom from back then to now? So they want to know what the first three seasons spelt like fan wise to now. Well, the entire world is completely different now because of social media, true and Instagram and just like everything right, So I feel like also the popularity of the show has grown. It's a big it is, so I feel like it's way more what's the word loved? Accepted? No, bigger.
Speaker 2: It's a phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's just like, you know, these kind of shows, you know what people say it, yeah, yeah, have become like huge personalities. I mean they're talking about the Housewives in the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes and all the red carpets. It's amazing. I don't know, and all the red carpets, but I know that you know, particular yeah, particular stars and actresses and actors you know, do love the show and reference the show. So I think that back in the day, people didn't really understand it, at least in Miami, Like, I don't know, you said that you shared stories work, you share one of those stories. So I remember back in the day when we first started, I went to an Ocean Drive party and with some of my employees because we would do that because the magazine supported our business.
Speaker 2: And I remember walking in after the show.
Speaker 1: Had aired a few episodes, and I was mobbed, like everyone was screaming coming around me, like, hey, my forfoward. That hasn't even happened to us now, I did, Aslon, we can call Lauren right now, she'll tell you. She's like, we got to get out of here. I can't breathe. Everyone was getting we were getting trampled. It was crazy in my own town. But I have that hasn't happened like that right well, these days, I've never seen that happen, and especially in Miami. It surprises me because I don't think that our.
Speaker 2: Show was so watched, you know, back in the day, and I think people just didn't understand our show and understand like the concept of the housewife show, even in other franchises. And I think in twenty ten when we started, it was popular, and it was popular amongst women that watched these shows, but it was kind of like their guilty pleasure, you know. It was they would watch it, but they didn't want to admit it, and they were kind of like embarrassed about saying it. So back in the day, it was like ew, like.
Speaker 1: Why what are you talking about with show? Oh? Who would want to do that? So was it kind of like watching porn? No, not at all like watching porn, but you had to hide it and you're embarrassed about it. Well, I mean it could be so for some people. Yes, But you know, I'm proud to say everything.
Speaker 3: I watched, Well, no, I'm glad to say that I do my phone, and I'm proud to be on my show as well, and I always was, but I just feel like we get a lot more love today.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just because this show has turned into like a phenomenon where everybody like watches it and talks about it.
Speaker 2: We're having a booze delivery. We are a guess for who guess for whoops? Yeah, someone's got to entertain around here.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, all right, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're hydrated.
Speaker 1: Said, we're ready. We're drinking with you.
Speaker 2: Guys, So if you're a home right now and are thirsty, just grab yourself a drink. We're drinking with you and we're ready to talk. Yeah, we're ready.
Speaker 1: And listen, don't discount a Bacca Cranberry because it's an excellent choice when the OJ is fresh.
Speaker 2: That's just saying. Okay.
Speaker 1: Next question, what part of your culture are you most proud of? This? Guys, everything I love. Listen. You know what I really love about our culture? The family? I love the family component. Family is so important to us.
Speaker 2: Are fun, happy people.
Speaker 1: Everything is laughter and giggles and exaggerating a story and making it fun and funny and light They're just a happy people. We like to have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's just a fun fun.
Speaker 1: We really drown people as well. Oh yeah, I think we're the best. We know everything. Nobody can teach us anything because we know it all. Cheers to that, bro, cheers to cheers. Cheers, cheers. My dad was from Connecticut. He was the same though I think it was born that way. Okay, what do you think Cubans have in common with Panolis? I only you can answer this, because I really don't know. We have so many similarities. I think you know, our foods are different, and obviously we speak Spanish, but depends which Oh my god, I'm speaking Spanish weird, So it depends what region you are from Spain. You know, you can speak the Castilian Spanish or you can speak like Andaluside from the south. But I think it's just like our language, you know, just the fact that you can communicate and we have that in common, even though with a different accent.
Speaker 2: I think it makes it everything. And I feel like we share like the same love and passion for live for life. Yeah, absolutely, enjoy the moment, live in the moment. We love to eat, drink, dance by line, and it seemed to be thinner. Okay, well that's because they live in Spain. They walk and there everything is like organic, you know. That's so that's a little different. So I was trans fats in the US and the hormones. Sorry, I'd hate to take it back to Wait, it's an obsession. What is she talking about now? The Cubans are heaving, the Spaniards seem to be thinner.
Speaker 1: There's more. I'm gonna walk have a different lifestyle here, right, walk. Who is one celeb that each of you have met that left you completely starstruck? I've met a few. I've met a few.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick Ricky Martin, and I'm gonna be picked Ricky Martin not only because he's Latin, you know better, because I was bragging about how I've never been start stroke about anyone. And I was actually in the lobby of their offices where he was being interviewed. I don't know what you recall when Ricky Martin came out with the book, when he was first book and it was like his coming up book, right, So all the media allists wanted to talk to him, and I had the magazine at the time. He was the cover of the magazine, so therefore we too that you had him on the cover, and of course I said I was the only one that was going to have him in the cover. But then I realized that other magazines also not that same month. But also, you know, obviously he was like the hottest thing. He had just come out with a coming up book, so everyone wanted a piece of him and wanted to interview him. So basically, I that was in my job to interview people, but I couldn't give an interview. Just like I can talk, I can ask questions and you know, write down and all that, but I went with my writer, and I'll never forget. I was in the lobby and we're all sitting there and everybody's like, oh my god, I can't wait to meet like Ricky Martin blah. And I was like Fran and they're like, oh my god, like when I see him, I'm gonna like jump up. And everybody's like saying, like all these stories, and I'm like, I'm not. I've never been starstruck by anyone. I don't think it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen to me.
Speaker 2: You're so funny with your posture and your know and by the way, I was going to a fashion show after so if ya.
Speaker 1: Word so long. Yeah, I was like, I'll take don with like what I was waring for a fashion show?
Speaker 2: Oh my lamb, hair and makeup and the whole thing. So first of all, I walked in there and it people are like, who are you?
Speaker 1: Like, you're not the journalist.
Speaker 2: You probably want to convert Ricky Martin and what so even like that, I kind of like his his manager and his people were like, Okay, who are you? What are you doing here? But anyway, so everybody's sharing your story and I'm like, you know what I've met, like because of my magazine and because it's just my life, I've met different actress and actresses. I've never been starstruck. Like I'm not going to be starstruck, mita, I'll never forget. It was like a wall and then there was a window. There was an office in Lincoln Road.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you knew.
Speaker 2: It was like a big media office and it was a wall would have been Sony because he was also had a record label, so it could have very well been Sony.
Speaker 1: And it had a window like on the top like that, like just long and I didn't know that Ricky Martin was so tall. So he's yeah, he's tall. He's tall. No, but he's tall. He's tall.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought he was like a short guy. But in this case, there was no, he's not. There was a there was some tall because you admired. No, no, I'm going to tell you why I saw him tall. So the wall was like this, and then there was a window. So I'm sitting here, Ricky Cain. Ricky walks through there and all I sees his head. Oh all, I sees his head on the window the wall.
Speaker 4: No, not yet.
Speaker 1: And anyways, so he so I see him walking by, and I'm in my chair and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Ricky he sees me and he goes like this to go a big exactly. So that's why that's my story. So I was literally starstruck with Ricky Martin wan the Yobi. I say, oh dy, this is beautiful because you know what makes him even more beautiful his energy. So anyways, fast forward, so he sees me jumping up. Nobody else everybody said that was gonna be starstruck, not in Loyo. And I saw him like this, and I was like, oh, my god, Oh my god, Ricky. So obviously they let me in and we're sitting down and I was like, he was in front of me and he like crossed his legs like this, and he got like in a Buddha position and he was talking and his energy and everything was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: He just sat down in the middle of nowhere and position in the conference room. There was a conference.
Speaker 2: Oh, they take us to the conference room. But I was mesmerized with this guy, and you know what, I liked about him even more than I ran into him. Two weeks later, I'm soho and he goes Alexia and all my friends are like, oh my god. You know, come on, They're like, oh my god, you know Ricky Martin. I'm like apparently apparently, yeah. I was so starstars me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I was starstruck with him, and he's been the only person that I've ever acted silly like that.
Speaker 1: I've never done that with anybody. I could see whoever, and I'll be like super cool and calm it. With Ricky, I like jumped off my chair. Well, So I grew up and hung out with a lot of very very very very big celebrities at a very young age. But the person that I think the most starstruck about from is because I only met him once and.
Speaker 2: Then he died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I went to dinner with my mom to Gianni Versace, and you were going to say, yeah, I went to the house and I had dinner with my mom, Johnny and Madonna.
Speaker 2: I think Bruce Weber was there, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was like a few people. It was like a table of sixer he was. He so handsome, he was just so nice, so nice. I was married to my first husband at the time. He was Turkish and I was studying to be a school teacher. And he said to me, so what do you do? And I'm in this little tiny dinner table in his dining room, and you know, I've met a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that impressed at the moment. You know, I was just like, he's cool. I love his dresses.
Speaker 1: And you know, I was really in it in the whole Hollywood scene back then, so it was just another big person I was meeting. So what happened? So let me tell you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying that you were in the Hollywood scene. So then you know in Miami, the Miami Hollywood scene. So he says to me, what do you do? I got some studying to be a school teacher, goes I was a school teacher. Oh, teacher?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And then he said to me that he went to private schools and he was taught by nuns. And then during class he was always sketching women and clothes and he would get in trouble.
Speaker 2: But he, I guess already at a young age, he knew.
Speaker 1: That's when I wanted to jew and he had it and everything, and he's studying to be a school teacher too.
Speaker 2: Was very nice.
Speaker 1: I told him I lived in Turkey part of the year. He's like, I love Turkey. Can I come stay with you? I was like, you want to stay with me? Look at your house. I don't think you want to stay at my house. This house is great.
Speaker 2: It was just a beautiful night. And then you know you could get through some God. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Have you been to his to his mansion? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you see his bed?
Speaker 1: Did you see the size of his bed? Why are you making this a dirty story?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You to me? Why can't I do it to you? You make everything a joke.
Speaker 2: You make me say your job can I say your joke once in a while.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Listen, a lot of people are thinking the same thing. I am like, why can't I say what I'm thinking? No, I'm known for that, Okay. So anyway, we leave and then two weeks later it was you know, taken from us, which was very sad. So for me, you know, that was he left an impression on me. And I'm still starstruck because he was so big and so amazing, and I appreciate it in the moment, but I really appreciate it now because I look back and think he was a legend absolutely out of all the people that I met, and he's still losing a lot of people's cars and memories and his clothes. I took him.
Speaker 2: They dream in my closet and we're such huge fans. And he was another good one that got to go at a young age and he didn't deserve it. It was so nice. I was just a beautiful life like ahead of him, right, and he was so full of life that took how I always saw him.
Speaker 1: He was just so real and normal and down to earth. You know, he really wanted to hear about me and learn about me.
Speaker 2: And I'm in his home.
Speaker 1: But who was starstruck him? Or you know I was because I didn't want it. No, I am now looking back, you know, still to this day that that was a huge, amazing opportunity that sat and had dinner with this man at his table with only you know, seven other people, and he took an interest in talking to me. And he's no longer with me, and that was a legendary moment. And I'm started by it. That's it, that's my start fall. Yeah, it's much more meaningful and deep than mine. Jumping off the chair when I saw Ricky, but yours was super cute and he will were platforms.
Speaker 2: Stopping.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need it.
Speaker 2: He's tall, handsome and beautiful. You know, he's taller than the wall. When I saw him with the window and I saw his face and I jumped up. Who would have you start struck?
Speaker 1: Now? My friend?
Speaker 2: Who Now would I strike myself? Star struck with myself to strike you with a microphone?
Speaker 1: For real?
Speaker 2: So you know I think that I don't know, maybe Brad Pitt, Oh he's pretty awesome. Yeah, I think he thinks like Brad Pitt, you know, I mean, I don't know. I saw Tom Brady, I was gonna say, don't say Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: When we fail.
Speaker 2: No. So, actually we were at the opening of the Phone Bloom in Vegas. Was he there? There were a lot of stars and Sylvester Saloon was there, and I wasn't starstruck with him. It did strike me that he was so nice and pleasant, but I was actually more impressed with his wife, Jennifer Flavian.
Speaker 1: And by the way, they have a reality show now I know.
Speaker 2: So I was very interested because it aired in her Yes, I was very interested in her how she got her scripted actor husband to participate in this reality show. Everyone's got a reality show now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Anyways, but we did see Tom Brady, and even Todd was starstruck. And it is not starstruck.
Speaker 1: It's just like some people, like some actors and actresses and family presidents have this very strong presence. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like, even if we didn't know him from football and from his personal life or whatever, he walks into a room and people are going to look and.
Speaker 1: That's what he did. For us.
Speaker 2: It's like he walked and we're like, whoa who is that? And obviously it was like Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: So it's not that it's like starstruck, but like some people are born yod yeah yeah, so you know, you know that's how it is. Nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so translates that for the people don't speak Spanish English, peace, You're you're getting the American star and some people are just struck by a star.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, Thank you, my friends. It was very good grass.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's no secret I love Tom Hardy.
Speaker 2: You know, I just I do got is that the.
Speaker 1: Guy from the Hearty Genis. I'm kidding. He's an actor. He's he's an amazing English actor and I just I just love Tom Hardy.
Speaker 2: He's so great. Did you see him in was it Legends?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no?
Speaker 1: What was the film that he did with with It was such a big Oscar winning film, The one he did with the Table, the one that's always in Miami. Date's only twenty year old Leonardo DiCaprio was called I don't Know. And then he did another one called Legends, and it was about these it's a true story, but we don't want to hear others. So he's just so great. Can I tell my story? Nobody wants to hear about his.
Speaker 2: Movie, like trying to the people Yeah, No, like talk about your show like that, that's where you're trying to promote, or like our podcast or our live show that we don't feel like not a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That nobody the audience, you know, who people care about.
Speaker 2: The people that were at the Blue Yes, he's legendary, Tom Brady justin Timberlake. Okay, Well Trump, Ivanka Trump, Kim Kardashian, Well, I'm hard is better than all of them put together. Share, I love Share, Share was there? Okay, She's fabulous, you know. And when I love about all of them that they were so like down to earth, you know, they were all there just like hanging out and just talking to everybody, super chill.
Speaker 1: You know. I feel like a lot of that has changed from in the day when you knew Versace and how I met Ricky. I feel like a lot of actors and actresses now in celebrities are more accessible to us, or at least we feel older they are because you just like being nicer.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's because of social media. I think that that platform has given us that our fans think they know what's when our case they do because they follow us our TV show and it's like our real lives. But I feel like the other actors and actresses that do share a lot on social media, we feel the same that we know them not only because of their movies, but because what they post.
Speaker 1: What were each of you like when you were young? I'm sorry, I'm meeting I was when I was younger, I was very afraid to do anything wrong. I lived in a very strict home. My parents were extremely strict, very tough, and I mean they had egalized on me and I just like if I even breathed in a round direction, I was in trouble. I get u spanking and I just was a stellar child, never in trouble. And really yeah, I did join up in boarding school. Well so I did that to myself. Actually, so I lived and keep a skin. And the last grade you could go to and school back then was eighth grade. So after that I'd have to leave keep a skaining to go to a high school. And my mom and dad wanted me to go to all the like private girls school was like the one I went to Carrollton and all that. I wanted to go to the Saska. I wanted to go to public school with my friends, and so they took me to take all those tests at all the schools. I filled all of them miserably on purpose, because I figured, Okay, I'm going to end up in at Gables High School with all my friends, public school with all the delinquents, right, so then all the bad boys, well, all the fond people exactly. So then my dad, his business partner at the times ex wife of in Palm Beach, and the daughter was a day student and an all girls Catholic day and boarding school.
Speaker 2: And I ended up in that boarding school. It's my own. I was there for two years. That's really sad because if you were really a good girl and you ended up there because of that, because I feel like all the bad girls.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody wanted to me anywhere else. I was allowed to go to public school, so I had to go there. Well, I would have helped you.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go to the other schools.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: I went there, and look at me, I'm like perfect. I'm like, you know what happens when you go to those schools. No, I'm just saying that I'm not perfect, like the perfect person, but I'm just saying that I'm good with you. I think you're perfect.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 2: But what I'm trying to say is like some people think, oh, because you go to certain schools and you turn out a certain way, and yes, sometimes, well I just that happens, I know, and it matters.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, you know what, we didn't turn out that bad.
Speaker 2: But back in the day, I felt like the girls didn't have to worry so much about the way they looked or about taking time to do your hair and makeup and all that to look good in school, so we would focus more on the academics and the corriculum.
Speaker 1: So I think that's good.
Speaker 2: And another thing I see that the girls that went to all girl schools, they were like more competitive like and even with themselves, and they were just brought up was like a certain kind of confidence, you know, kind of like you don't really like need a guy, or like you know, you can do this like on your own. I don't know, I think it was like a little different. I think that the mindset was like a little different. I don't know that it's I got today, so don't well.
Speaker 1: I know that the best grades I ever got in my life, and I know that you don't agree with me. But I was diagnosed dyslexic. And the best grades I ever got in my life was when I was away in boarding school because we had two hours every night after dinner of study hall and I was studying because I had to study, and everybody was studying and I was doing straight a's there, that's how I got out potential. Well, yeah, because I had to. It's such a funker. Okay, guys were so lot wearing.
Speaker 2: So anyways, guys were so lucky that we live in Miami and it's it's it's hot, and we use the air conditioned because the heater.
Speaker 1: Everything is so dry in here, dry dry, Like I'm itchy my face. You're like, okay, so what's next? What's next? Guys? What do you have for us? What was something you would always get in trouble for as team? Wait?
Speaker 2: How did you say with my My childhood was like, oh sorry please?
Speaker 1: So I felt like you talked more than I did on that. Well, but go for it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well are we competing with one another? Well that's one of my qualities thanks to my school. I'm very competitive. So anyways, so no, my childhood was I had a very strong mom, Nancy and she was at her and then I had my grandmother there. Raised me that my mom was more like the dad and my mom. My grandmother was like my mom. She was like more nurturing. She would cook Cuban food for us every day, but went in the house with us. And then we had a housekeeper too, and then we had my brother and my sister, and then my dad was also involved in her life. But my parents were divorced. We always went to a Catholic school and grew up in the South and I always kind of in the South in South Miami, Miami. Yeah, no, no, I don't have anything the.
Speaker 1: Southern. I don't have that southern.
Speaker 2: But anyways, but my parents were very strict, like he was also, and I think that sometimes when they're that strict, you know, you gotta like do different things behind their backs. But it's like different times, you did a lot of different things behind your back when I had to, because I get like they were always like watching out, you know. For me, it was very different. But I was not a good relationship, you know, with with my mom. I loved talking to my mom and hearing all her stories about her patients and have hip hop back then, so my mom can tell me, yeah, I loved it and now yeah, I mean I was wanting to be an attorney.
Speaker 1: As you can see if I come bad of Yes, I love an argument, yea and yeah.
Speaker 2: And I never really dreamed about being on a reality show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you did. I didn't even know they existed.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I didn't dream about it. But at some point I was laying in my back watching TV. I remember I was watching TV like in the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: I was watching Orange County because I would come home from my PR firm in my events and I would literally land back for two days straight and just watch TV like a zombie. It was my therapy. And I started watching Orange County and I thought, what is this I want to do that, I can do that, I want.
Speaker 2: To use that.
Speaker 1: I thought that way you wanted to do it, and my gut, I was like.
Speaker 2: I gotta do that.
Speaker 1: And who knew it was going to come wrong?
Speaker 2: I end up doing that. I didn't even look for It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just one of those unconscious manifestations. Anxiously manifest a jet for us.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, there's a lot of things I would want you to manifest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, for me, it wasn't like that. I never really watched these shows.
Speaker 2: But my friends that would were like, if this ever comes to Miami, you better try out because you're like thissper, like you would be so good on the show. But I never really watched the show. I still don't really watch the show because it makes me like uncomfortable, and watch the show because the reunions and watch I actually have, but you know, you know what it is like I'm part of it, Like I'm part of like every scene.
Speaker 1: I see it all I know.
Speaker 2: So what you guys see is different from me because obviously I've been there longer. You know, we're there in the scene, the scene takes much longer. So I know you're just gonna get a snippet. You know, the show can't be like only about me or about whatever scene I'm in, So you know, I get it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I do watch.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that I don't watch other franchise like as much because I've never been that person, Like it literally makes me uncomfortable to see other women fighting. Yeah, I have to do it because I have to defend myself and it's not fighting, you know, That's just the way I talk.
Speaker 1: You're in it, the train's moving, you got to keep going to the train. You're like on that train, and it's like you have to do it. So you have to get me out of it because there's just a reunion, So you better do it. Remember, I'm going to remind you that little train choo choo choo juo. So, but you didn't answer what you always got in trouble for as a teen? Oh, I didn't hear that question. That was the question I would always get in trouble for having a big mouth. Oh yeah, I always had like an answer, but respectful. You know.
Speaker 2: I think back in the day, our parents didn't really did teach us.
Speaker 1: So I thought that I meet up. I mean, oh, I've always been like that. No, I mean is just like you.
Speaker 2: I would always have like a reason and start in my house. Well that's what I'm saying. So you're asking me what would I get in trouble for. So I learned to like kind of stay quiet. But I was like, no, but just having like a different approach and getting it out. I mean I would get in trouble for like, you know, not getting home on time like they would tell me. You know, your curfe is twelve o'clock and I would get home at one o'clock in the morning. I was in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: The only thing I got in trouble for was bad grades. But oh no, I always got good grades. I never got in trouble for them. I used to get some spankings for bad grades. Yeah, it was. It was hard for me. It was very hard for me. My reading comprehension was very bad. My retention my friends, I know you maybe that was in high school, but whatever schools you went to, with teachers you had helped you a lot, because I see you read your emails faster than everybody and answering the questions and I answered wrong because I so let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I always answered wrong, and they're like, that's not what we asked you.
Speaker 1: What. There's the dyslexia, right, I read it wrong and I a slexia or the vodka.
Speaker 2: No, man, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so back grades, I'll get some spanking's eye befalls. I don't like parents to be spanking their kids because they get back grades, especially if they have, you know, like a reading impediment or they have like some kind of you know, I think learning problem.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think that's Back in the day it was like that. It's different. Honestly, I didn't seem bad wins and you're smart and you don't want to study and you don't do your homework spanking or you're screwing around Like I was home all the time.
Speaker 1: I would just be there. You just were not interested. No, I just it was hard for me by reading comprehensions, very difficult, Like I read, well, you've come a long way, my friend. You know that's look at you. You're reading the questions for me. Well, they are like three word sentences. I can't sail, like you set me up to win. Here, Yes, you're winning, my friend. So what's one piece of advice that you think everyone in their twenties needs to know?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Everything that we think is so bad and so chaotic, and your world is going to end and this, you know, the walls are crumbling down around you and it could be the littlest thing. It's really not that bad. Another day comes, people forget and everybody moves on. And the thing you think is the biggest thing in the world that's going to ruin your life and you lose sleepover it really is not the biggest thing in the world. It's just a hiccup in the road that soon will pass.
Speaker 2: That's what, right. I like that advice. Yeah, that's very good advice. It's very beautiful, and I think that does a very important message to give to young people that are sometimes don't have the capacity or the ability. They're going through things, and they think it's the end of the world, like you said, and they take their life sometimes over silly like things. Maybe it feels like a big thing to them. It's not silly, but you know, if they wait it out, it becomes nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with that. And also, you know the young people. You know, I feel like a lot of young people want like shortcuts. You know, they're not willing to put in the time to put in you know, to put in the years, to put in the work, to put in the effort. They want like instant gratification right away. And you know, I believe that there's time for everything. It's like slow down, you know, take a breath, enjoy your life, enjoy your present. Yeah, but social media is like maybe very different it's a big pressure that they have. You know, everybody like wants to live how the other person's living, which is all faked by the way they see somebody going on a trip.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm going to make it us. Oh like in just like a twenty year old like influencer or whatever and make it over. But you don't know how they got there. You don't know if they who paid for it, how they got there, what they're doing. So it's kind of like stay focused. It's hard because it's a hard work hard, stay in your own lane, don't compete with anybody else, focus on your stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's never too late. It's never too late. You're only twenty. You know, look at us.
Speaker 2: You know, I you know my my stage of my twenties was different what I wanted in my twenties.
Speaker 1: I didn't want my And it's never too late because you could be who you want to be and do what you want to do at any age in your life, and you just have to want to do it. Some of the wealthiest people in the world didn't even make it till they were in their sixties and seventies, and so, you know, don't rush yourself stay focused, don't get down on yourself. Anybody can do anything. We live in the United States, for God's sakes, anything is possible. You just kind of have to keep plugging away, plug and away and believe it that you can do it, and you can do it. Amen, Amen to that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh. Beauty and Lifestyle questions. Daily diet, what's.
Speaker 1: It looking like this? Well? Yatoo? Savy.
Speaker 2: Marisol's diet consists of when I you said you're vegan, well, I'm plant based. I'm plant based. But after December thirty first, I started having eggs.
Speaker 1: It's January, broom, So do you incorporated eggs after December thirty first?
Speaker 2: Okay, incorporated eggs.
Speaker 1: I've only had them twice and cay, no, I do, but I just I keep forgetting I can have them. I'm so used to eat every remind you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: And you know, and you put a lot of salads, right, No, I eat healthy because tad's are very healthy, and so that's like rubbed off on me. And I actually like a lot of salads. So I just kind of like cut out my Cuban food, which is my weakness. But I kind of like don't think about food like all day long, I'm like that kind of eater. Then it's not that I'm intentionally trying to fast. I'm just like, don't think about food, and I'm not interested in food during the day because I'm so busy. I'm doing so many things that it's not even like in my radar.
Speaker 1: Obviously, if I go to.
Speaker 2: One lunch or something in a restaurant, I'm going to eat because that's what I'm there for. But it's not I don't even think about food. My favorite meal of the day is dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love to have dinner, like sit down and dinner and have a glass of wine. And at dinner, I eat whatever I want, you know, I eat everything like Steve. Yeah, so you have like one good meal. Yeah, that's his big meal. And my favorite meal is breakfast.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I'm you know why, because you don't need anything for the rest of the day. So in the morning, okay, same for you, that's your twenty four hours exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, okay, So basically we're fasting. Okay, good, but you you're skinnier than me, So what am I doing wrong? I'm smaller than I'm just a smaller like person, I'm shorter, I'm an arrow. I like the way I look and by the way you have muscles. I don't what is your favorite fragrance to take that? So my fragrances, I'm very particular with fragrances. I like more like woody, I like more masculine sense. Oh really, a lot of my fragrances are unisex. Is that why you give me like big dig energy? Because I smell you that way? Listen, I'll take to me. That's a compliment. I know, like you we're trying to throw a dig at me. It's actually a compliment because the only thing.
Speaker 2: You should be proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing I I'm like jealous of is that I don't have that big dick. I know, I just smell like it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I still don't know what brand of foundation do you is? Should I have to go in the bathroom and look, I forget the name of it. What's that's not your No? What's that brand that I had at my event? I forget? No, I don't use that. Oh Patrick m Patrick McGrath, Pat McGrath, Yeah, Pat McGrath, that's the foundation. Okay, that's good. I used that one too, and I also use makeup forever. Oh that's good. The little sticks are very good. M hmm, okay, well taking chubby like you like? I like my drinks. Yeah. What's your favorite skincare brand? I have so many. There's so many great skincare brands out there. I am so simple.
Speaker 2: I literally wantsine that's not even skincare.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not soap liquid soap, aquafor and some other stuff that I that's like it's for people with eggs. M. I've been using it since I'm thirty. I forget what it's called. Lack hydrant. I put that on my skin. Everyone's like, your skin is so beautiful. What do you do? Honestly, my skincare costs probably one hundred dollars a year, not.
Speaker 2: A year a year, but I went on, I'm very high maintenance, so I don't use that. I don't use that, but I do love I love to switch it up. I have like post yeah, so I'll do like Nutrigena, which I love as well. It's good. I love the hydro boost. It's so refreshing. It's a water based.
Speaker 1: Because I don't like so thick and creamy. I do realize that when I need a hydration, I use it at night. I love the Keels Ultra Facial cream. It's really thick and yummy. Just for that. I kind of have dry skin, so I need to hydrate. My mate super dry dry skin. And La Mayer also I like, but I like to switch it up. Yeah, I switch it up. It's really good to switch up your skincare. They say, just keeps your your your your skin glowing and healthy. I'm just you know, I'm too.
Speaker 2: Which one I love? Also the Charles, the Charlotte Tillsbury, the Magic Cream. It's called the Magic Cream. The texture, the texture is like divine. It's like smooth on your skin.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: And the Underrege cream also, thank you watch What Happens Live. They gave it to me and that's how I tried it. I got booths and chocolate. It's nothing I could have. No mescal, I hate me scal.
Speaker 1: To. What's your favorite fashion store? Ooh?
Speaker 2: I love fashion. I love shopping. So many stores that I love, and now I'll have like a new love for online shopping as well, because I don't have that much time to go to the stores. I love online. I never go to the store. Everything online. A lot of these websites, like you know Forward, my Teresa. I have got a lot of my Teresa. They have all the designers. I have everything.
Speaker 1: It's so easy, and they make it so easy. They ship it right away, they make it so easy. Doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, I still love the old fashioned shopping, Like going into the department store. Oh my god, I get so happy. I'm like so happy, Like I don't even think about food. I don't think about talking to you, calling you on the phone. I don't know anything out of the stores. I'm like disconnected. I'm like in my element. I love a store. By the way, I want to go shopping tomorrow. Oh I can't.
Speaker 1: No, it's detail therapy.
Speaker 2: I've got. And I spent a lot of money on jewelry this year. I'm done shopping. I'm good. I'm good. I love clothes. I love clothes.
Speaker 1: I can do without the jewelry, but I love clothes.
Speaker 2: But anyways, Yeah, so I love all the stores, of all the designers.
Speaker 1: I love shopping. Yeah, I know you do, all right, So we're gonna wrap this up, my friend, And how fun was this? I watched you and Margareta. I know, guys, I had to eat a few French fries while I was talking to you.
Speaker 2: You couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: We can see it. You were quite eloquent. Oh, I learned that from you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Let's compliments. You think we do that we bigger, and then we compliment each other and we're like, you're just so amazing. You know how much I stop bigger with my mother and my father, the people I love the most in my life, that I have the same approach, in the same attitude, right, so you know what I mean. It's family.
Speaker 1: That's what family does, all right. Well, thanks for tuning in, guys, grass Yah and I pull Forward, I Forward.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see you again. Will be in Miami. Thank you for tuning in into our iHeart I put forward. Yeah, thank you, I love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward Podcast.
Speaker 2: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. Attalueo Astella Proxima