Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game with Ryan Gradusky. Thank you all for being here yet again. I hope you like to Monday's episode on IRAN. I think it's a little different a story that now is in the news, but I was trying to cover it before it was. But I want to take things back to America. Look in our country. And I know this is a podcast that I'm a Republican and I primarily talk to Republicans. The audience is conservative, but I want to spend an episode talking about Democrats, and not even in a negative light, but really exploring where the Democratic Party is and where it's going. There's been a lot of news on the direction of the Democratic Party and who their future leader will be. And while Republicans have a clear front runner in twenty twenty eight being Vice President of Vance, and even a secondary front runner being Marco Rubio, Democrats are really lost in the wilderness. There's not a clear concise future for them. First, there's a lot of leaks coming out. This week started with a lot of leaks coming out about Joe Biden, the last Democratic leader, thetmomer president, in a new book called Original Sin, and it's about his cognitive decline and how the efforts on the part of the media and the White House to hide its severity. One of the leaks in the book I haven't read. I'm supposed to get an advanced copy soon, but one of the leaks that did come out was that the White House was afraid if he fell one more time, that he would end up in a wheelchair. I will say, personally, as somebody whose grandfather had Louis b dementia and I saw somebody severely declining every single day, there were moments in time looking at Joe Biden that it reminded me of my grandfather in some of the worst states of his decline. And the media and the White House cover it up, and the Republicans did market maybe to an unnecessary point, but they rightfully were the only ones pointing it out. So the book Original Sin, which comes out I think next week, one of the authors, Alex Thompson, told me he'll be on the podcast to talk about it, which it's very exciting. I really want to talk about the state that the media and the White House covered up Joe Biden's health, and I'm actually going to ask hell listeners if you have a question about this and you want me to ask a certain question at one of the authors to Alex if he does come on, I think he will least they will to ask him. Shoot me an email at Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com. Ryan at Numbers Game Podcast. I comm and I'll ask him when he comes on. I think that people need to know more because so much was hit him. Anyway, a lot of Democrats have talked have been trying to avoid the conversation on Joe Biden. Chuck Schumer was on MSNBC and flat and said, we're not looking back anymore. We're going to look into the future as if it's not relevant, as if the last four years have not been relevant. Even though Joe Biden is out there and he's still doing media. He was on the View last week talking about how he's going to prepare to take on Trump on the stump, rigorous, eighty three year old Joe Biden just you know, hitting the campaign trail yet again. And at the same time that you have the conversation Joe Biden out in the media again and it's not going away anytime soon, you have the negative comments and coverage coming out of a Pennsylvania senator John Fetterman, if you didn't read, his former chief of staff came forward in a piece in New York Magazine saying that his mental state was in basically freefall and that he was angry and lashing out staff Andator Senator Fetament deny these allegations, but since the piece came out, more staffers have resigned from his office, and it seemingly that the Democratic Party, some members of the Democratic Party and Democratic activists are cheering him leaving because he is a more moderate voice in the Democratic Party. Although he still has a pretty progressive voting record, he's more moderate voice, especially on the issue of Israel. And I think it's noteworthy if Vetterman resigns or leaves early or doesn't run for reelection in part because of being attacked so regularly. Now he did have a stroke, he probably does have some cognitive issues because of that. But when he was running and had cognitive issues, when he couldn't finish a sentence during his debate, he was brave. And now that he has been a stalwart for Israel, is you know should think about resigning or think about retiring early. I think that's very interesting, and especially coming out of a cycle where Joe Biden was healthy and rigorous and it was the best he's ever been if you listen to Joe Scarborough and now until he had to resign. So anyway, you look at those two cases, those two stories going in about it, and you look at the forward into the twenty twenty eight election, which is, I know it seems like so far away, but a candidate will be announcing that they are running for president the day after the midterm, if not beforehand, honestly, but probably right after the midterm. You'll have your first Democratic nominee. And I think that it's important to look at who is floating themselves out there. Arizona Senator Reuben Diego, he was out this in the stump recently. A lot of these Democrats right now, by the by, are doing small tours, big tours in some cases, but mostly small tours to important swing states and small and swing regions and especially important primary and caucus states. So you have Arizona Center Roup and Diego. He held events in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. You have former Transportation Transportation Secretary Pete Buddha Jeedge campaigning in Iowa with a beard good for him. Minnesota governor and former Kamala Harris running mate Tim Waltz was in Wisconsin. And then you have the media tour on podcasts coming from like Gavin Newsom in Chicago Mayor rama Manuel. He was the he worked for President Obama as the chief of staff, and then he was the mayor of Chicago, and then he was the ambassador I believed to Japan under Joe Biden. He is being ripped on the coals in a lot of these podcast interviews. He's doing such a horrible job, but he's floating idea for presidential run apparently. And then you've Senator a Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy. They're all making the tours, making the rounds, getting support early, and then there's the aoc of it all. She is done across country tour were called the Fight the Oligarchy Tour with Senator Bernie Sanders, and it very much looks like she is possibly gearing up for a presidential run. Chuck Schumer's up in twenty twenty six for the US Senate seat, but I don't believe that she's gone a vuying for that. It'd be very tough to oust the minority leader, especially he's been there for so long and has so much institutional support among organizations in New York. New York as a lifelong New Yorker. In New York is not a progressive state as much as an establishment Democrat state, and certain organizations and institutions keep the party from veering too far to the left. It's not California, it's not Vermont. It's New York. It's different. So I don't look at it and say she's going to run for the Senate. I think she's looking for and eyeing a presidential run with what she's done so far, based upon what I've seen. But let's get to the numbers of all, because numbers do matter. This is the Numbers Game podcast. It's extremely early, but Democrat voters when asked a question of who would they support in twenty twenty eight, Kamala Harris is the lead because she was the former vice president. She is the highest name ID. People remember her, people know her. That's very very common. Sarah Palin was leading out of two thousand and eight electional loss. There's a lot of people who run who lead. Paul Ryan was certainly very high for some part after twenty twelve, just because they know their name. That's why they slip their end and gal and support them in these early polls. But I don't think even Kamala Harris is going to run anyway. Second place is either Pete Bootage Judge or Alexandro Cosia Quartez. These are two very they're young, but they have two very different parts of the party that they seem to represent. Also very high in single digits in these polls is Corey Booker and Gavin Newsom. Corey Booker center from New Jersey, Gavin Newsom Gaverner from California. When aggregated Democrats support Kamala Harris a twenty seven percent, that's a very high number for all these polls, but a very weak number overall. Once again, I don't think she's running. Pete Bootage was at sixteen percent, AOC was at thirteen percent, Corey Booker at nine, and Gavin Newsom at seven. That is a pretty open primary. And remember, once again, Kamala Harris, if you take her out of it, because her numbers are maasoning name id, you have this giant hole of who is the future, who is the leader of the Democratic Party. Partially that we're going to see these the future leader comes from money. Money tells us part of that story, because the people who donate to politics, people who sit there and give their twenty dollars a month to a candidate and a recurring donation online. By the way, if you ever want to give to a candidate, giving a recurring donation is the best way that they'll receive that money. Most of the money will actually go to the candidate and not to all the fundraisers and funding. If you do a ten dollars donation once every month for a year, over one hundred dollars donation just a little thing. The ten dollars donation actually goes further. But that's besides the point. But who is giving those recurring donations in democratic politics? Where is the grassroots? They're behind AOC. In the first quarter of this year, from January to March, AOC raised nine point six million dollars for her re election campaign in a seat that no Republican can win ever. I mean maybe in the future sometime, but not in today, not in twenty twenty five, not in twenty twenty six, probably not in twenty twenty eight. That seat cannot be won by a Republican. It's a seat that Kamahers won by twenty two points. So why are they giving it to her instead of let's say, a vulnerable Democrat running for the USN and in Michigan or running in a vulnerable House seat. Because small dollar donors believe in her message and they believe in her vision. They think that she represents the future of the Democratic Party, or at least their version of how they want it. Or maybe she just even represents somebody who's going to fight Trump and Ela Musk and jad Vans and the Republican Party as a whole. They think that she's their only effective person really doing it. And I want to compare. Nine million dollars is a lot of money, but I want to just show you how much money it actually is. Chris Murphy, the cenator from one of the wealthy estates in the country, Connecticut, not a poor state, very wealthy. He's very well known, he's very ambitious, he does a lot of media. He raised eight million. She represents one little district. Jasmine Crockett, who's done a ba Jillian media interviews, recently raised one point seven million, which is the same amount that Corey Booker raised in New Jersey after giving the large longest speech in Senate history, trying to sit there and raise money for himself. AOC is enormously popular in the party and possibly the future of it if Democratic voters across the country, because regions do matter, especially in a presidential primary. You have to win black voters in the South, and the Latino voters in the West, and then you know progressive voters in the Midwest and progressive voters in the Northeast, progressive white voters. It's very difficult to see that they'll all sit there and rally around her. But so far the grassroots have opinion. They have a pick, and AOC is right now their pick. So the party activists, those who put their wallets and spend their time and do the door knocking on behalf of the Democratic Party to elect somebody they like AOC. To quote Sally Field when she won her oscar in nineteen eighty five, they like her, They really really like her. But I'm a Republican, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to what Democrats want and who their party leader is. Up next is a Democratic polster who does so stay tuned with me for this Thursday episode. Is Democrat polster Carly Cooperman. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: Carly, Thank you for having me so Carly.
Speaker 1: I want to ask a question because I think most Americans want to know who is the leader of the Democratic Party, because for the first time, I think it's like nineteen ninety one, there's a void, which is nerve wracking for some people, but it really is very exciting because out of that nineteen ninety one void you got Bill Clinton. Do you see a star like that emerging or is there a leader that we just don't kind of forecast as a leader right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think we know yet who the leader is.
Speaker 3: I definitely think there's a void that came out of the elections. Democrats are really down on their party right now. They desperately want fresh leadership. They want people who are going to come out with new ideas. They want people who are going to take on Donald Trump. I don't think today it is clear in terms of that Kamala Harris is going to fill that void.
Speaker 2: I don't really see it going in that direction.
Speaker 3: You've got somebody like AOC who is outspoken, she is an effective speaker, but I don't see her taking hold of the of the party. Despite the fact that she's been out there, there's been a strong response to her and Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 2: She y had, she's raised a ton of money.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean there's a huge positive response into her and Sanders going on the road because no other Democrat was doing that.
Speaker 1: You're right, the oligarchy tour. Yeah, let's call I'm not joking. I think yeah. I think it's called the oligarchy Tour.
Speaker 2: I think yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, people, I do not think Sanders and AOC represent a majority of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: But people were so happy. Democrats were so happy.
Speaker 3: To see somebody speak up because you know, the party is down in the dumps. They are out in the wilderness. They are trying to figure out how to come back. Like obviously the first few months, you're going to see some people disagreeing on what that strategy should be. And I think the shell shock of you know, the force for which Trump came back, pulling the levers of government so much more effectively than the first time around, was just huge. But I don't I don't see her coming in and look, there's some people on the bench who are trying to, you know, assert themselves more. You've got Gavin Newsom trying to come on and you know, go on other podcasts and try to like.
Speaker 1: A podcast host.
Speaker 2: Now I know, like that's that's what happened with media this cycle.
Speaker 3: And you know, young people are consuming content on podcasts, They're not consuming content through traditional news sources, and they are.
Speaker 2: You know, young men especially.
Speaker 3: There's obviously been at nausee in this amount of discussion around it, but it's a real thing. Democrats used to be able to rely on young voters and that is not where things are right now.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, the David Shore data was really like it's very startling, even even on the Republican side. After winning, I said, wow, those are very stark numbers. What do Democrats want? What did Drank about Democratic voters want from their leader? And is there a difference among age, race, sex, geography? Is there stark difference? Is that really does matter as far as the future of the party, not just you know that the young people would decide, but people in key states decide a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two, is there a difference?
Speaker 2: Well above all? Right?
Speaker 3: Now, what Democrats want are leaders that are going to stand up to Donald Trump. There was a poll that came out with the End of the West we I said, seventy five percent of Democrats want somebody who's going to stand up to Trump, and that was stronger than anything else in terms of ideology. If forty six percent plurality of Democrats said that they want, you know, the party can stay the same, and then it was twenty percent said it should be more liberal, twenty one percent more moderate.
Speaker 2: And so basically you're.
Speaker 1: Saying they were very broken on the direction philosophically. They were just very strongly opposed to Trump, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are above all.
Speaker 3: It's not an ideological thing right now, above all, it's I mean, look, opposition to Trump is something that has historically unified Democrats above all, but there was you know, I think part of the problem is that there husband this leftward drift of the party over a lot of years, and at this point, you know, I think there's an awareness that that is, as you know, the party has gone too far and they want their leaders to connect.
Speaker 2: To work in class voters.
Speaker 3: This is a voting block that they used to have, and they want they want force that's going to stand up for Trump. I also think you know, the first time around with Trump, you saw people have an interest in you know, this idea of bipartisanship and you know, working together, and I think a decade later that's kind of out the window. That's not where people are at this point, and so they want there to be a stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the thing that I want wonder is that you have a lot of Democrats who kind of float ideas that are i would say, quote unquote moderate. Right, it's for like you'll see like a John Fetterman talk about like Israel, or you'll see I forget his name now, the congressman from Massachusetts who was like biological men don't belong in girls sports, or you'll see one once in a while they'll float something up. VINCENTE. Gonzalez voted for the law that named after the young woman murdered by Eliba Alien in Georgia, whose name also just slipped my mind. Really good to my research and my memory today, but it will come to me the minute this segment completely ends. I'm like, this is the law. But you see that, and then there's like a big pushback among like the twitterverse, who don't really represent the average voter, because most voters aren't on Twitter, but the fear of being mocked on Twitter drives a lot of discourse. Do you think that that is true and that someone will be like, hey, listen, we'll stick to our progressive values on healthcare or gun control, but we're going to moderate on the border, you know what I mean something like that, where they're going to look for things because there are issues that Democrats are much more popular with the average American on, and then there's some issues that Republicans are much more popular than the average American on. And I think what Trump was able to do is really abandon a lot of conservative issues like abortion that was not popular with the average American and say, no, we're not going to do a nationwide bam, We're not going to do anything like that. On healthcare, really don't really know what Trump's position was, but it was like, we're going to take care of everybody, and yeah, exactly. But do you see a Democrat willing to sit there and the same way that Trump was willing to tell pro lifers, hey, guess what, we got everything you're going to get from us, and then that's that and the rest of it you deal with on your state level issues, do you think that a Democrat would do on let's say the border for example, Well.
Speaker 3: I absolutely think that the party if you look at like the average kind of center where the party is on something like immigration at the border, it is one hundred percent moved to the right from where it used to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have Democrats coming out and just just speaking acknowledging you know, immigration has gotten out of control. You know, what's coming into the border is too much.
Speaker 3: We support getting illegal immigrants, especially who are convicted felons, to leave. I like, so I think that there has been shift in a response to where you know, the American the electorate really is on that kind of issue. Donald Trump has done a very effective job, you know, really hitting home that issue. And when he was running list hear that in the economy, the cost of living, you know, he connected to voters on those issues, and the Democrats were far too late scrambling to acknowledge that. And so I do think you're seeing to some extent a response and a willingness to.
Speaker 2: Come there.
Speaker 3: But I also think part of the problem with the Democrats last cycle is that they were really afraid to go out there on Twitter for instance, and or on podcasts and let them be you know, exposed to those sorts of attacks, you know, something like abortion rights. Democrats squarely were in the majority in terms of their attitudes to that issue. Most Americans. Polling shows time at time again nationally in swing states that people believe there is a legal right to abortion. And so we saw that that helped the Democrats in twenty twenty two. There were a lot of bowet inities that were being put on balves that people thought were going to help, you know, in terms of the actual presidential election, and so great, you know, they can talk about that, but at the end of the day, it was very clear that in a cycle where people felt like the cost of living was too high in their day to day was too hard, that just wasn't important. And so I do think they absolutely need to and there will there has to be if they're going to be successful in the midterms, some kind of reconciliation.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about geography because I think it's a story and a narrative as someone who worked on politics basically my whole life. The only other job I ever had was Victoria's Secret So this is like my whole kid in kaboodle. I mean, I have geography is a very important narrative that people don't cover because have the Democratic have the Democratic primary not had such a strong emphasis in the Deep South, on the Southeast so early, it wouldn't Joe Biden would have never been nomine He would have been saved. He was saved by black voters in this southeast. Bill Clinton was saved by black voters in Southeast. Barack Obama was helped by progressive white voters in Iowa who gave him a chance and legitimize his candidacy. Geography really matters where the party. I think. Listen, if in twenty sixteen had the Republican primary been Iowa than Texas, Ted Cruz likely would have been a nominee and not Donald Trump. Geography does matter. The primary start of this year in South Carolina. They said we're going to start them in South Carolina stead of Iowa and New Hampshire. That will be very, I think important when it comes to progressives trying to get a foothole because South Carolina Democrats are not the more progressive members of the bunch. That's more of establishment state in democratic politics. Do you think that if they continue that it's a way for the party really to avoid a case where maybe the more left winger would come in. And do you think that that's act my take on it is accurate kind of prognostication of the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a really fair point you're making. I think that.
Speaker 3: The Democratic Party is not going to change it in a way where you have some of the states that are really far left or have a stronger far left presence go first.
Speaker 2: It's just happen now.
Speaker 3: No matter what you're going to see in four years, I think you're going to see a wide range of candidates come forward, and you're going to have some on the far left. I think the ones who've been most successful in a voice or at least in the conversations about potential in the future. Pete Bouja, Gretchen Whitmer, you know, knew some like we talked about JB. Pritzcare like those kind of people, the ones AOC aside tend to, you know, be ones that are attempting to be more modern.
Speaker 2: But also it's about that where we are right now is a country I barring.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of crazy that I'm sure is still yet to come from Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I cannot see us being in a place where the shift could go that far back to the left.
Speaker 3: And so, you know, kind of responding to the moment of where we are in politics right now, I think the Democratic Party has to continue thinking about those sorts of states and it really does matter, but there's more to it that matters to in terms of just being able to build that coalition and the momentum. And I don't see that being a far left candidate right now.
Speaker 1: Really, what about Josh Shapiro, because that's the name you haven't said so far, and it is two Republicans. Republicans feel like Jos Shapiro. He does have an Obama accent. I'll just sit there and say that he does kind of speak like I've never met a Jew who has a blackbeet preacher accent besides Jos Shapiro. But that aside, he's extremely popular in a very critical state and a lot of Republicans saw that he was stepped aside, and that there is kind of this big question mark of does he have obviously is a place in the Democratic Party, but does he have a future where he would be the leader Wes Moore. He said he's not going to run and let's see if he sticks to that. But Wes Moore is also a very very viable Canada government crea and super amazing resume, really young, black, you know everything. Do you think that Josh Shapiro because he is frankly, because he's Jewish, faces a big problem within a certain fraction of the party.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a concern I have. I did not intentionally leave off jos Shapiro.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I'm not blaming you. I'm just it just came my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think he's one hundred percent one of the rising stars future of the party.
Speaker 2: He you know, people respond really well to him. He is.
Speaker 3: His favorability readings last year round the election, I mean it was higher than almost any governor I would argue in any state, upwards of sixty percent. Very well liked, perceived as more moderate, and I know a lot of people that were disappointed that he was not the Democratic nominee.
Speaker 1: I was shocked. Yeah, I was genuinely.
Speaker 2: Shout in terms of like how that went down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they heard the meeting went badly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I do have concern about a Jewish person too, though, it's tough. I mean, same with Pee poota judge and having a gay person get elected. And by the way, Kamala Harris, there are a lot of things that went wrong with that campaign, but she was a woman, and you know, it's not left to be unsaid that our country is not yet elected a female president either. So it's a big country and there are a lot of you know, specific demographic car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't I don't think that in the same way that I don't think and this is just my personal take. I don't think the Democratic Party is going to nominate Pee poota judge, in part because I don't think he can win over black voters in the South in the primary. I don't think that the Republican Party is going to nominate a gay person either, even if there was one. There's not one on the horizon, but if there was one, I don't think that that would be a possibility. Despite you know, they like certain figures are our gay I don't think they would do that. I don't think that the Republican parties don made a woman in the near future either. And I don't think that and my person because I don't think the Democratic Party will too after being burned by Hillary and Kamla. Do you get that from from Democratic voters?
Speaker 3: I completely agree. I mean, I don't know that it's being said as frankly and as honestly.
Speaker 1: As I'm just saying it like it is. I mean whatever I mean, people could disagree with me, but I think that that's what I see it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I do. Look, I also think I mean the movement that we're seeing in America around like a resurgence in religion right like even the response to you know, having a pope from America.
Speaker 3: I feel like there is this cultural moment right now in the country that is going back to you know what tends to be associated with right word policies. But it makes some of these demographic groups harder to see as somebody who's going to get elected nationally.
Speaker 2: And that's the reality of things right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, last shoe questions. One, What are like two or three things that you could think of that you think Republicans don't understand about Democrats but they should.
Speaker 2: Republicans don't.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, uh, for a lot of Democrats, you know, issues like climate change, you know, LGBTQ issues, things like that that you know there's a values component to it, and I think that it matters to Democrats, but I think too many many Democrats it is not the top of mind or like issues that are driving them.
Speaker 2: And I think that at this point.
Speaker 3: Partially you know, as you know, giving credit to effective communications on the Republican side, and you know, I think Democrats have been painted out to be this very far left leaning, really out of touch, like wacky liberal kind of thing, and I don't really think that speaks the truth to a lot of Democrats. And it's a messaging problem too. But I feel like there is a misperception at this point of where a lot of Democrats are.
Speaker 1: What are now? I mean, is the economy still the number one issue for Democrats going to rights as of right now? I guess stopping Trump will be number one, and I guess the economy probably number two. What is a ray if you looked at all the polling and I've looked at a lot of polling obviously going into the midterms and into these special elections, what are give me one or two things that Democrats have twoth look of that's positive in this moment.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that there's a belief that Trump is going too far.
Speaker 3: I mean tariffs like tariffs one, two, and three, right like he Trump got elected because he convinced people that he understood how expensive life was for them. You know, he said that everything was going to get more affordable. And I mean it's been a roller coaster over the last two months with what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: But now he's having a message that we should.
Speaker 3: All endure a short term, short term pain for this long term, you know, complete reshuffling of how the.
Speaker 2: Global economy is going to work.
Speaker 3: And yet now he's backing away from that, and there's a lot of inconsistency. I don't see how this doesn't make life more expensive for people in the short term. And I think that it gives Democrats an opportunity to come back to their own economic message and connect with working class voters.
Speaker 1: So that's a good positive for Democrats if they can, if they can hit on the moment, because I always say different politics is like an open window. It's only open for a little while and then it's shut And asked Chris Christy, once it's shut, its sometimes it never reopens. Carly, where can people go to read more about you? You're pulling your information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm on Exit Cartley Cooperman and you know I write up eds and the like off and on the Hill.
Speaker 2: Oh and I go on Fox News.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well, Carly, thank you for being on this podcast. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: You're listening to It's a Numbers Game with Ryan Grodowski. We'll be right back after this message. Our question today and they Ask Me Anything segment actually comes from on Twitter from a guy name as at Jared but Jared Smith spelled but Jared. And if you want to be part of the Ask Me Anything segment, you can either tweet at me at Ryan Gerdsky or you can email me Ryan at Numbers Game podcast dot com. That's Ryan at numbers Plural gamepodcast dot com. Okay. To Jared's question, he asked, when will labor unions wake up and oppose mass migration as a wage suppression scheme. That is a great question, Jared. So, Donald Trump's candidcy back in twenty twenty four last year was probably the most not most likely, but it was. It was the most pro union nomination or Republicans had in decades. I mean, you have to probably go back to Nixon or even further. And it received actually very little union support as far as the organization goes, not union voters, voters who are members of a union, but the organizations. Trump received a lot of support from police unions, some the Border Patrol union, and he got I think one steam fitters union and one steel workers union, but they were local unions and that was it. Famously, the TA Seamsters did not endorse, which is a big deal, but it wasn't like they jumped to the Republican side, despite Trump doing everything he can to really ask them for it. But part of the problem with the unions is that they are partisan, like they are activists within the Democratic Party. The AFLCIO is a wing of the Democratic Party. I don't think that they care so much about the best interests of their voters as much as they care about the best interests of the party as a whole. They're just an arm of it. There used to be a time in our country where Democrats and unions, but a lot of times union and union activists really opposed illegal immigration and mass immigration. Ceesar Harbez, the great union activists of the twentieth century. We used to call illegal aliens wetbacks on a regular basis. He was a very big opponent against illegal immigration. He was Hispanic, He was a Democrat, He was a progressive Democrat. He was a labor activist, but he realized that you could not be pro labor and pro illegal immigration and mass immigration. That was a very big part of the Democratic Party and the unions as a whole. I don't think that's going to change unless the union leadership has changed, because I think where rank and file voters are within the union is not the same place that union leadership is. It's a lot like the Catholic Church in any ways. The Catholic Church, the cardinals are much more progressive than the younger priests are. And I think the union leadership is much more progressive and aligned with Democratic politicians than the actual rank and file members are. And I think that that's not going to change until the non establishment figures within these unions start winning their union presidencies and their elections, which they are very expensive, costly elections where union members vote. That's I mean, that's basically until they change. I don't think that it's going to change. The Teamsters union is the only one I could see the major union maybe changing now that they are at least willing to say, hey, our votes possibly up in the future. They did just doors Josh Holly for re election in Missouri. I think that maybe they'll be the first ones if we see one, but I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing one. Hopefully one day. I think it's important. I think that they will benefit from that. They'd be a big boom for union and for a lower wage for workers to sit there and increase their wages if we crack down on mass migration. But they have to be there and their leaders supposed to be there. So thank you for that question, Jared. Please email me those questions though. They really really help with this podcast, and you could like and subscribe on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts. Please give me a five star review if you like the show, and we'll be back next week.