Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, it is between its Dring Drink Tea and you are listening to Eyes up here with drink Stein in the iHeart Radio Network or work rad podcast as.
Speaker 2: Always on, Dad, Dannie, How you doing. I haven't really talked to you in the last couple of weeks. I was away posted a video of me, Uh, don't work for me and want to say ride, I was on vacation.
Speaker 3: I'm emotionally exhausted, but I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Well in a good way. Just sports related, but in a good way.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well let's let's go mix whatever. We are late to the party on this one. But I have had so many requests that I finally sat down and watched Mister McMahon didn't want to watch it. I really was like, I don't really feel like watching it. But I will say once I got into it, I enjoyed it overall. I will admit that. M Now, there are things that bothered me, and there are things that made me extremely sad and touched me in a way, and well we can go over that. But you you saw some of it, you said, and you saw a lot of clips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were I was out. I didn't I had no interest at first. I just I was not you know, as it was leading up to it, I just I decided. I was like, you know what, I'm kind of done with this. I just I don't want to watch this story again. As like kind of early release notes were coming out about it. It was just the same stories being regurgitated and so on and so forth, and I was like, you know what, Chad's gonna kind of dip out on this one. I'm not, I'm not in. But then I started to see some stuff and I was like, oh, once I'm out. Of course, it always pulls me back in, as it always does. But uh, very curious to see your thoughts. So I did. I checked it, I checked out what I what I could, and I got a good portion of the story.
Speaker 2: Of course. Okay, well, I made it a point to sit down and watch all of it. I watched it in two nights, and I will say the most interesting I guess segment to me or episode was the first one, which was, yes, I am not an officionado on Vince McMahon. I did not know a lot of his backstory. If I did not know Vince McMahon. Now, I'm not gonna say I really know him as a person, because yes, I've worked for him, Yes I have my stories about him, but I didn't have a relationship with him. Okay. I wasn't friends with him like I was friendly with Paul Hayman when I worked with him, close with Paul hamm wasn't close to Vince McMahon, okay. But all the stuff that we do know about him kind of makes me not like him as a person. With that said, if I didn't hear of all the allegations and the way he treated people and all this stuff, and I saw this first episode, I would feel empathy for the man because I did not know about his background, with his father not knowing him until he was twelve, growing up in a trailer park, broke poor, never receiving the love and the affection, and just having a dad that wanted to be around you. I didn't know any of this, so that part touched me. I said to myself, this poor guy. I'm not justifying anything that he might have done, because it's all allegedly. We always say that here not justifying any of it, but seeing this part, there is a reason why he is the way he is. Yeah, and I'm not saying it's you know, acceptable to be like that, because, like I kept saying, if you come from something like that, you should reverse it and treat your children better than the way you were treating. Like I'm saying this out loud, I'm telling my husband, I'm thinking it, you know. But there is a route to where this all stems from the way he is, the behavior, the I mean, how can it not affect you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So, this to me was the most interesting segment of the six going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it. I love that whole episode. I knew a lot of the story from over the years and reading interviews with Vince and some of the media that he has done. It's weird that he says, you know, I don't like talking about myself, and you know, I don't like doing these interviews, and I don't really do these interviews. He's done a fair share over the years, and he has told some of these stories, so this was just more of an elaborate telling of them right on this first episode. But to see him get emotional over his father telling him one time he said that he loved him, and it was the day before he passed away. To see Vince McMahon tear up, pink eyed and everything. That was like wow. That to me, that was the first shocker of the series, was the Vince McMahon tear welling because all he wanted to do was prove to his dad that he could put the business where he wanted it. And it was like he was against all odds, you know, and his dad finally saw what he his vision was. But towards the end, towards the very end.
Speaker 2: To me, he came off in this first episode. He came off as child blake. His speech wasn't that confident mister McMahon. To me, he was a little more timid. It looked like he was uncomfortable at times with sharing that information, even though you said he you know, talked about and then the past or whatever. This was a side of Vince that I had never seen before. And I mean, as sad as it was, it was also refreshing because you say to yourself, ah, you know, the guy does have a heart. He is a caring human being in some aspects, you know what I mean. You hear all this horrible, horrible stuff about him, and then you watch this first episode and I just in a way, I felt bad for him. I felt bad for that little boy, not so much the adult Vince. I felt bad for the child, Vince, because no child should have to, you know, beg for love from their parents. Horrible. I tell my kids I love them fifty million times a day, and it never gets old for me. I never, I will never not accept a hug or a kiss or a snuggle like I love that kind of stuff, you know, And I know everybody's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And even in buying the company from him, I mean, they're expecting him to fail, right, he purchases his business and the deal is, hey, you miss the payment, and the company goes back to me. He's saying they're expecting him to fail the whole time. So and Linda used the analogy of robbing Peter to pay Paul that they were basically just using the funds that were coming in from the shows to make the payments on the business, and you know they would eventually lead up to starting to make the money. But you know, they were expecting him not to move on, and he kind of pried the business away from Guerrilla Monsoon, which again, you know I've heard that over the years. They showed his trajectory from the announcer who he stepped in when they needed him, and they said he wasn't very good as an announcer, but he had some presents and you know, he could kind of tell the stories. They didn't have faith in him as the owner, and they thought he was gonna fail and not make the payments, and just very it was. You were right that he didn't have that same mister McMahon confidence in Aura as he.
Speaker 2: He didn't have his swag on. He was very timid to me when he was speaking. And when they showed him, you know, doing the commentary and stuff, I guess those were later episodes or later broadcast because I thought he did really well and I always.
Speaker 3: Loved him in the commentation.
Speaker 2: From what they showed, you know they did. I don't know if they showed his very first you know, try it, or if the father just pushed him into it and he had to know moves and backgrounds. I mean, that's amazing. If he didn't have an ear piece in his ear and then just go on the fly, that's not an easy thing to do, you know, So I give him credit for just jumping in and later on we see that Shane pretty much did the same thing. He was the referee, the announcer, he was this, he was that, blah blah blah. So they're paying their dues and I love that, but it just was to me, it was heartbreaking. He just looked so uncomfortable speaking about his past. And I you know, he's a great actor. We all know this, So is he doing this to get sympathy or was that the real Vince McMahon that we never get to see. Either way, that was my favorite episode of the six So empathy for him felt really sad for him as a child. We all know how he turned out to be as a as an adult, but going back, I didn't know that stuff. So that was intriguing to me.
Speaker 3: Can I say? In episode one though, I thought that for all the flak he gets when we talk about him, Hulk Hogan came off amazingly. I thought this was the best Hulk Hogan has ever looked on a documentary. I thought this was the best you know, retelling of stories that we've seen him in recent years, uh not you know, with the embellishments, just retelling you know, things that had happened with you know, with footage, you know, like they showed what happened as he's saying it. I thought Hulk Hogan was awesome in episode one because it showed his trajectory and his growth as well, alongside Vince, and how Vince plucked him as a replacement for Bob Becklan, who was his dad's chosen champion, the good, the all American boy. Well, he wanted the larger than life superhero and he had Hulk Hogan, whom he had met years before when he was under Sterling Golden.
Speaker 2: There was one, I think one part that I called Hogan in a lie and I can't remember off the top of my head because everybody else said something different than Hogan said, And damn it, I wish I would have wrote it down. I just I don't.
Speaker 3: If it was followed by Tony Atlas, I automatically will say I'm on team Hogan.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something about Tony Atlas. I thought he came off the best. No. I I thought Tony was extremely honest with his answers because it seemed to me like everyone else was kissing ass they except for Brett Hart. Brett Hart from episodes past, he does not care anymore, he's just whatever. But I think Tony to me was the straightest of shooters. He told it like it is if you if you watch every single episode, there are instances where people give answers and Tony's just like this is how it is and blah blah blah and and did not agree with the rest of the cast. So I thought that Tony came off the best out of all of them.
Speaker 3: The one, the one instance I guess we could mention later on that where he gives he did give his best answer. Okay, we can hit on that, but that was where, you know, when they did play the different people. I love to see which one you meant, because I thought Hogan was great. I thought everything he said was awesome, and.
Speaker 2: That saying he wasn't he wasn't, you know, a good interview in this. I think there was one thing where I said out loud that was bullshit and I can't remember, damn it. I should have wrote it down. I can't remember what it was because I had heard different. Maybe as we're good, maybe as we're recapping it'll pop up in my head.
Speaker 3: What quickly, what did you think about when they went over the Stossel and the Richard Belzer incidents leading up to WrestleMania one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so John, I remember that happening, and I remember the slap. I didn't know about like the lawsuit, how the lawsuit played out and stuff, but I do remember that happening Belser. I didn't know that he literally fell and hit his head and was bleeding. So that was interesting to see because I had no clue that that even happens, because again I wasn't into it back then, so I I you know, I wouldn't have watched these late night shows to see him on there because I wasn't a fan. But when they showed the clip and the blood was on the flour, I was like, holy crap, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But looking at it, if they looked at it through today's eyes, right, if we if that was to happen on TV today, I don't think that the WWE would would lose that case because he takes that fall so poorly on on a stage a uh you know, a stage that's not yeah, like a hard surface that's not made for a wrestling fall or you know what I mean. It doesn't know how to take it, so of course he cracked his skull.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but one could argue that they didn't tell him beforehand, I'm going to put you in this whatever move and you know you should, I mean common sense, like tell the guy, are you okay with doing this? Because you know, even in today's world, there are so many Karen's out there. You you point a finger and they'll oh, my god, that person touched me or blah blah blah. If they would have went over it before he and said listen, I'm gonna put you in this and just pretend to sell or whatever however you want to word it, it would have been so much better. But I think he admittedly said he wasn't aware of what was going to happen. And I don't know if if he legit got hurt and just fell like I don't know if he was trying to sell it like it was death. But he hid his head. So if Hogan didn't touch him, he wouldn't have fell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hogan's book, he tells the whole thing, you know, it's it's a great story. It's the full thing, if you know, from the beginning of the day, because mister t was very weird leading up to that whole interview which is why that segment developed the way it did. So like the full story, which we don't have time to cover. Fascinating, fascinating lead up.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that's a future YouTube.
Speaker 3: To watch that whole segment. If we watched the FOSCIL incident and that one back to back, that would be that would be a great future episode.
Speaker 2: Make a note right now, I will absolutely Okay, all right, So the first, like I said, the first episode was entitled Junior. Now, the second episode, which was a good one, was entitled Heat, Yeah, in which they talked about you know, getting heat in the wrestling business and all work and a shoot and what you know what mister McMahon the character portrayed. And it was funny because was this the one that they were just everybody was saying, he's not like his character, uh you know, and he said he's not like his character. But then everybody's like, it's pretty close to his character.
Speaker 3: And heat I think I think that's how Yeah, because they were showing they starting to show a lot of the backstage stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so they talked about Vince's reputation, the scandals you know, in the media and stuff like that, and and I found this to be interesting as well. And it's funny because you know, I could relate to everything that Vince said about getting heat from the crowd, and it just made me go back and think of like things that I wanted to do to get people to react to me and and the chance that used to come my way. And it was fun to look back and see him evolve from just this mediocre owner of a company walking down the aisle to having that strut to having that you know, that that voice change, because he went from a very somber Vince McMahon to this you know monster that was just a megahel And I don't know, I gravitate to the heels myself, so I've always been a fan of heal mister McMahon. But it was fun to see the evolution occur.
Speaker 3: Great foil, he was just a great foil as that when he first became a heel, and the facial expressions and how he would play the dummy, even though you know, you know, he's his genius business guy at the time and where he brought his business to, but to play the foil and the dummy, I mean, it was unbelievable if you were a longtime fan watching him at the time. It was like it was it was can't miss television.
Speaker 2: So on this episode as well, they talked about covering up a lot of things. Yes, one one instance was Jimmy Snooker. His girlfriend Nancy was talked about. It was eluded. Did Vince make this story go away? You know she had died? Was it in a hotel room?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was, Yes, it was in the hotel room.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: They talked about the ring Boy scandal. Tony Atlas says he was sexually harassed by Pat Patterson at one point, and you know a lot of people jumped on the no, we like Pat bandwagon. Pat didn't do anything to me. So again there's Tony, I think, being real and telling it like it is now. You know, I met Pat once or twice when I worked there. I never had to deal with them, and I'm not a guy, so I can't you know, I can't tell you that I had any problems with him whatsoever. But you hear a lot of stories, and I feel like Tony had the balls to just be like, yeah, he grabbed my He said, pecker, you grab my pecker? Yeah, you know, And it was brutally on honest, and I like that about Tony. They also talked about Rita Chatterton, the referee.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is where this was the first I think burial of Vince took place, so documentary.
Speaker 2: Here's what I didn't like about this segment. Vince came off so nonchalant about this and was like, while it was consensual, which he's admitting it happened.
Speaker 5: But all these years fine and not saying it was forced upon, but saying, well, the statue of limitation round round out anyway, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, what are you gonna do? And it's kind of like ew that made me not feel for him anymore, and I was just like back to like ew R like that, like you can turn it off like a light switch. It was like I really like this guy and now I'm like, oh, I'm back to not liking this guy. So that for me was like not a good moment.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In my eyes looking at Vince McMann, it was kind of like, he doesn't give a crap about this woman. And you know, even if it did happen, oh, well, time's up, move on, get over it.
Speaker 3: Can I backtrack to Pat Patterson for one second?
Speaker 2: Sure? Uh?
Speaker 3: What did you think about when the producers asked Tony Atlas if he went to management about the Pat Patterson thing, and he.
Speaker 2: Just one hundred percent on the money. Who First of all, you're going to go to the boss and you're you're either gonna get fired or you're gonna get punished, So why would you even open your mouth? He was one hundred percent correct. We've seen people in the pants run to the office and then they're gone or they're punished. So Tony smart. That's why I love he was so refreshing in all six episodes because he's just brutally honest and he didn't care who heard him, and I admire that. I like that because when I'm watching it, I don't want somebody bsing me. I'm watching this to learn more about certain people, and I just love the way Tony came off in these segments. But he's one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was great. And everybody that I've talked to that is not a wrestling fan that has said, oh, have you seen the Vince wick Mann documentary on Netflix has asked me about that, and it's like that was the eye opening part of the documentary. I was like, well, that's all I've ever heard about wrestling is open your mouth and it's going to fall on deafy or so can't say anything. Yeah, I can't say that. I haven't heard that from people that Pat Patterson's done that too, the boys.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh yeah, I've heard so. I mean countless number of stories. But again I wasn't there. We always say allegedly, so if it happened, you know, but there's a lot of them out there. Did open up the stumpisode with them singing that song stand back, Yes, yeah, we went over and it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: And the steroids too, and they handled the steroids. I thought very well. It showed Vince telling everybody, hey, I told Haltogan, admit everything, say that you took steroids when you go on our sinneo and they go, oh did you take steroids? Yep, right, So that I thought was was great. And they showed Zaharian, the guy ended up going to jail for Selless wrestlers. They showed all the different clips of him as the licensed doctor for the state of Pennsylvania in the w w F ring, you know, from when it was a little bit more accustomed for the athletic commission to be ringside during the you know, the early days.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was a good one. The third episode was called Screwjob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is this is where, like I said, I wasn't interested in this stuff, but I saw the clips of all this.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was interested in this because hearing the story about Let's see, well, first they started the Windy Richer thing, which I didn't know about. Yeah, well, you know, I understand that back in the day, and I don't know how much they did of it in w w F at the time. I know the territories, like the heels would be on one side of the lot of the dressing area and baby faces would be in another room, and they really didn't get to talk much and this and that. But you know, as I'm watching this, I'm saying to myself, back then, did they just call everything in the ring? Was there no communication or is everybody just lying to everybody? You know what I mean? Because not wanting to do a job, I mean, that's that's a tough one, because I'm sure that people have their reasons why. I mean, I've dealt with it in EC not me, because I wasn't wrestling, But I've worked with guys that blatantly did not want to do the job to certain people. And we're not going to get into that because that's a whole mother ballgame. But like in Wendy's case, I didn't really like I didn't know the story. I don't know her. I don't know much about her, So, like, do you know any backstory to this that they might have not covered?
Speaker 3: Now they covered it pretty pretty perfectly.
Speaker 2: Did you watch this?
Speaker 3: I saw this? Yeah, I saw this segment. Now they covered it well. I was surprised that they did cover it, to be honest with that. This was one I was shocked about.
Speaker 2: She just didn't want to drop the title?
Speaker 3: No, No, didn't want to drop belt?
Speaker 2: Was it? Now? Was it a certain person was presented that she didn't want to drop it too? Or did she just think she should be champed forever? Like that's what I'd even get? Was it the person? Because she ended up working with Moolah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was there beef between those two?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well of course, And I think it was to Mula number one and Moula. It was almost positive Mula is the one that broke her in.
Speaker 2: So but that's what I'm saying, is there a backstory? Because we know Mula's story and allegedly her sexual prowler with the women and stuff. Was there a backstory with her Windy I wasn't mentioned here, and that is that why she didn't want to drop the belt to her? Like I was trying to read between the lines a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, and I yeah, I think she's a part of Mulla or was in Mula's camp. Perhaps, I don't think. I'm almost pause. I think that could be on the dark side.
Speaker 2: I just okay, send me a little bit looming there.
Speaker 3: But if you're Wendy Richter in nineteen eighty five and everybody's making money hand over fist and you're the champion, why you you don't want to lose the belt. Hogan's not losing the belt. You know, Hogan and Piper are going back and forth, and Piper till the day he died. That was the argument. You know, if Hogan just dropped the belt to Piper and they they swapped it back and forth, maybe the business even goes further, right, the money just keeps going up. Well, she doesn't want to drop the belt because that was what it was all about. The champ makes the most money. I know that was her feeling. But yeah, her Mula, you know, was a tried and true soldier of the of that McMahon guard. So we're gonna put the belt on Mulla because everybody knows Mulla. Mula was in the cartoon, just like Wendy Richter was. So we'll trade the belt back and forth with Wendy Richter and Mula. I don't know how, you know, Spider Lady, you know, right, tell Mulla, you know, but yeah, they got the belt, they got her.
Speaker 2: Well, she looked like she was gonna shit her pants. It was like what just happened? Was pissed And I've never seen that.
Speaker 3: That's a great clip.
Speaker 2: Again. For me, that was like something cool because I'm expecting to know everything going into this doc and I I never saw that part, so that was pretty cool to see.
Speaker 3: And hearing Vince talk about it for me is cool because his old school fan. I don't I'd love to hear him talk about that because you think he forgets this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he came off as kind of not even caring about Wendy, like not even and her over you know what I mean, Like didn't even give her any accolades or any like, you know, like it was like she was disposable. And I know we're all disposable in this business. I get it, but there's certain people that you praise and say, wow, what a great work and what a great person. And he was just kind of like, Eh, you didn't even like, really say much about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think she's been very favorable to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then then there's a backstory.
Speaker 3: She was one of the people that, you know, like I always said, I didn't think they were gonna pad this with the people that you know, don't really like Vince, you know, the David schultzs and the nails is that you can say nails is of the world. So she was one of the names that, you know, I was surprised to see because I did. She wasn't one of the ones that they promoted. Yeah, so I knew she wouldn't really say that much in the positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know. It was interesting. Nonetheless, they also start to talk about WCW and how they became their top rival. One of the major competitors starts talking about Ted Turner and they show clips of Ted and Jane Fonda and you know WCW as a program, they told a lot of stories about wrestlers jumping ship and going to WCW, and Vince even explaining, yeah, they went there because they had more money at the time. You know, he couldn't compete with their bank roll. Here's Ted who's a billionaire, and he's got very deep pockets and he's picking them off one by one, and here everybody's jumping ship. So and I knew this. This is one of the things that I've seen a million times, but it was still cool to watch. So, you know, Vince a little humble. I would think in this segment becau because he knows he can't compete with ten Turner's money. Right, you wouldn't see that now because you know, he's like the biggest game in town. But then it wasn't that case. And they also start covering Bischoff, which we get our first taste of. And I loved seeing Bischoff do the interview in nineteen ninety and try to I didn't know that there's another bibit I didn't see and I had ago I don't remember you saying that. But it's funny, is you're a hatred for Vince McMahon or you're you know, your competitiveness because they didn't give you that job. It's like no, but it was. It was funny to see him try to get a job there, and my goodness, if he did work there, how different things would have been. Yeah, how crazy because I'm assuming he would have you know, went up the ladder in in the WWF and maybe we could have saw the nWo in WWF possibly, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh. There was also the Billionaire Ted.
Speaker 2: And oh the goofy segments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and getting to see Ted Turner you know, love it see And I mean that's another thing I never would have imagined that, Yeah, he loved the billionaires like a hyena.
Speaker 2: It's like, what a good sense of humor this guy.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was pretty cool to see. Yeah, they talked about the NWOL a lot, and then they they ended with the Montreal Screwjob, which now I have always heard stories about this, but I've always heard them second, third, fourth hand. I've never really watched an interview from Brett Hart about it. So for me, this was cool to see because I was like, Okay, is there something that I didn't know about it, and I didn't know. I always heard he punched him, but I didn't know how it came to be at the end with Vince saying, Okay, I gotta go in there. I know I'm gonna get punched, like in other words, I deserve it. The spitting on Vince's face, the writing of w c W in the air, I never saw that. Okay, so you know, I always saw a clip of the you know, Earl doing the fast count or whatever, and then the chaos, but I never saw the fighting at ringside. I never saw bred at ringside. So this to me was cool to see because I've heard so much about it. And then to hear afterwards, you know, how the the punch actually came about, and to see Vince's eye, I was just like wow, Like you think Vince would have just high tailed it into like another atmosphere at this point. No, he went up to him and was just like, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not many men, I don't think would do that. A lot of men would run away. Vin's had some balls to take that shit.
Speaker 3: Scat balls, just eyes of grapefruits money. I always said that. Then I'd recommend you watch wrestling with shadows as you catch up on things that you never saw before, because that's the documentary that they used footage from, you know, to kind of show us some of the stuff that was it. I mean that's the whole thing. I mean, they had the cameras there amazing that showed us everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just was like, wow, that's pretty cool. But you know, for me it was something new. So I don't know. But now we're getting into episode four, Uh, this is about the Attitude error. So it started. This is when he actually transitions into Mickster McMahon and they start to talk about who he liked as a child growing up, and his favorite wrestler was doctor Jerry Graham. Yep, I didn't even know who he was, to be honest with you, and how he emulated some of his traits into his character to become mister McMahon. So that was interesting to me because I never knew that, never heard of it. Talked about the attitude era that I can remember, and I really liked watching Undertakers take of things. I thought he was honest, not as honest as Tony Atlas, but I thought it was refreshing to see on it. And I never really came across the Undertaker too much, but when I did very nice and that was few and far between times, but he was always a very nice gentleman. You start to see Paul Hayman a lot in this episode, and I turned to my husband and I said, Paul is one of the most eloquent speakers that I have ever heard. Everything that comes out of that man's mouth is like a promo. It's just like, no, no, pauses, He's not reading a script. I don't think. I think this is just out of that brain, which is brilliant, and he's just going off and giving thoughts and I'm just looking at him and I'm like, wow, what a talker. To this day, he still has the capacity and the just he can just he's mesmerizing. When he speaks. It's eloquent. It's the sky is blue, the grass is green. No, the sky is green, the grass is blue. Oh right, Paul. Anything he says, you're like, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 2: A hypnotist. I don't know what else to say. And I'm not taking the kool aid. I'm not listen. I know him, I'm looking for it. No, he's just he's a phenomenal speak He should be like a speed a public speaker, like a promotional speaker, like go to schools or do after this is done. He's got the gift of gab man and that's why he's in the position that he's in. He is one of the greatest talkers in this industry, bar none, whether it's a script of promo or thoughts off the top of his head. That man can talk. I just had to put that over because I haven't seen him talk in a minute, and by god, he was just and I was just like, is this off the fly? Did he make notes? Because if he didn't, he's just brilliant.
Speaker 3: Come on, let me make this point about it. I actually felt he was the guy who came off the most his character on this. I thought he was more like Paul Hayman, the on screen character than anybody else who was on the show or at a documentary. All the interviews, I thought, we've got more of the wise man Paul Hayman than we did Paul Hayman, the Paul Hayman. But again, maybe that's just me looking a little too much.
Speaker 2: Well, I can say this, you don't know Paul personally.
Speaker 3: But that's this is what I'm about.
Speaker 2: To say, this is how Paul will speak, you know what I mean, Like, this is Paul I don't know, Like I can see similarities between Paul the person and Paul the character, just like they were talking about Vince, are you that character? And Vince saying I don't think I'm that character, and everybody's saying, yes, you are. He's exactly that character. I see Paul Hayman as I see the Wise Man or whatever the hell they call him like that. He's always like spoke, you know what I mean. When he talks to you, it is very intense and it is very deep, and he leans over and he looks into your eyes and he has this sense of control over you and you're just looking at him like, oh my god, it's amazing. I'm not gonna say what power he has over people, but he is such a good speaker, he's well versed that you're just gonna take in everything that he says and you're gonna question yourself at one point. That's what Paul does. I'm not the only one who says this about him. Everybody says this about him. A lot of people will say he's a bullshitter, you know what I mean? Like you have those people who are not Paul Haman, guys who don't like Paul Haman. I'm not gonna sit here and trash Paul. I've never trashed Paul because guess what, I wouldn't be sitting here without Paul. All I'm saying is he has the power of the gift of gad to just convince you of not even doing things that you don't want to do, but just convince you, yes, you are a good worker, and here's why, and giving you this, that and the other thing, you know what I mean. Like he's just he's a good talker. And he came off brilliantly. Every time he opened his mouth, he just did I'm sorry, I'm not drinking late. I'm not kissing his ass. It's just watching this, I don't know performance, if you will. I just thought he came off very well again, not Tony Atlas, refreshingly, you know, he came off company to me, like a company guy. But he just was eloquent and he made so much sense with what he said.
Speaker 3: Yeah makes sense. Not again, And I just felt like it was a performance and it was over the top sound trying to be too much like the character. But again you made the point that I was going to say, I don't know the man, and that could be how exactly how he is, And times when we have seen him where the curtains supposed to be down, like in beyond the Mat, sounded like how he was, and beyond the mat when they were interviewing him. Right, that's the only thing I can really see where all right, this wasn't him. When they released the DVD documentary on him sounded the same. So I mean, look again, I just felt he was the most in character because Haul Cogan wasn't on there going like, let me tell you something, brother about nineteen eighty five. Right, you know it wasn't that. But you know, we can obviously go into a little bit more as we start to get deeper in because we're not done.
Speaker 2: But no, no, there was a lot to cover. In episode four, they talk about ECW, They talk about Steve Austin, the evolution of Steve Austin and how he you know, came the e c W and Paul knew he wasn't going to be here for a long time, but man, was he going to utilize him as much as he could. And we saw some clips of him and Mike.
Speaker 3: He do you ever think when he stepped on your white shoes that those clips would be used later?
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, I had bought new sneakers that were pure white, and Steve King stood next to me in front of the monitor, and I don't know how we I must have said, hey, do you like my new shoes? And I said, don't scuff him? And he stepped on them one purpose and started laughing. So that was mine.
Speaker 3: I had to bring that up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Steve Austin wasn't hateful or malicious, just being you know, just being Steve. But anyway, continue, Yeah, so we see Steve, We see uh, Stephen Mikey in the ring. Then we see him emerging a stone called Steve Austin the impact he hadn't do? W e their fans They showed Mike Tyson. And the funny part about this was Stephanie Mann saying, oh was he? I?
Speaker 3: I don't want to use the word, but I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know something that wasn't against against somebody's will.
Speaker 2: Something against the woman. And apparently like if you hire someone, shouldn't you know their background?
Speaker 3: It was pretty well publicized all the time.
Speaker 2: Did she not know which I you know, I just laughed at that. I was like, okay. This is where Vince starts saying that it bothers him that people think he's like his character. So then you get Bischoff, Bischoff saying that he was mister McMahon before mister McMahon was mister McMahon, that mister McMahon bit the character from Eric Bischoff because Eric was the boss, you know, and he did it it. Vince McMahon did it better, but he did it first, and then Vince goes, okay, so I did it better, and that was that.
Speaker 3: It's like draw you know, great, it's a great Uh, He's not wrong, I mean was Bischoff was awesome when he first turned He Yeah, he was great, especially because he was this little runt with these big guys, you know, and try and look he was the executive trying to fit in with this cool group. He was awesome.
Speaker 2: At the nWo Yep, yep, the rock comes into the picture starts. Uh. They start to cover his entrance into the business. The go over his family legacy. Shawn Michaels talks about how women were portrayed not good, not being portrayed. And there's a million stories about Shawn Michaels and women. But you know, as he states, I was a prickback then. We I mean, you know, take that as as you will. But the women portrayed in the Attitude era, you know, not really good. And I think I think I was in one clip in this when they showed I didn't when they showed you, and I'm pretty sure it was just yeah, it was just me being pummeled by two men to speak, which was awesome to watch. But yeah, that's pretty much it, you know. Uh oh, then I'm sorry. Brett Hart. Bretttheart talked about Owen and this. He said something to the effect of he thought Owen would be punished because of him leaving.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's let's do this, let's pause on that, Let's do a cliffhanger and pick this up for another episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because we can run, so let's do that, and let's do the next episode this Thursday. What do you say? So we'll do Thursday. Okay, that sounds good because we you know, we don't have much time and we have a lot to cover, so I would rather do this in two episodes, so a.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent agree. That's a great that's a great stop right now.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything to promote really quickly?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just you know, no, just chatty and be on X and at IB exclusives on Instagram. Uh, I'll let you do the big plugs because no, I just want to keep going. This is I'm very into this right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, across the board on social media, you can find me at ACW Diva franccene. If you want to go over to YouTube, you can find us on YouTube ECW Diva, Francine exclamation point, hit that subscribe button, ring that bell, let us know you're getting the notifications. They have been very wonky lately. Some of you say you have, some of you say you haven't. I don't know who's telling the truth. I don't know what's going on, but there's problems over there. And if you're not subscribed to me one Spotify, iHeart Apple, please do so. Tune in this Thursday for part two of the Mister McMahon doc. I hope you're saying safe. I hope you're saying healthy, and most of all, I hope you're saying extreme.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh uh Frand Scene Fran Scene Frand Scene, Queen Extreme Extreme ties up here, The Queen Extreme Podcasts.
Speaker 6: Tides up here head the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Beauty and the legend.
Speaker 2: She is the woman nifty Dreams.
Speaker 6: Legend on the Scene Francine Podcast. What you Mean, What your tran Places to show you what you mean? Just friend the stand of Queens from the beginning of time. Odds here our heart Radio, shine only a head and tell you stories from the war. The Legend odds up and here The Queen Nobody's like Frand Scene odes up here