Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisilne, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome in to Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by invisil Line.
Speaker 3: In here in the SABC studio, I'm Nicall.
Speaker 2: I just sent alongside Ayisha Morris and Bonnie Jill Laplin and Christy Scales. Ladies, what's popping on this lovely Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, happy Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Here, y'all? Good.
Speaker 5: I can't hear y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh it.
Speaker 6: Podcast?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 6: I don't have to listen to go for you can hear her.
Speaker 5: But I can't hear and here?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah he can you? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? All right?
Speaker 6: Well yeah, well, I mean the big news obviously with Dak and at least I think the main thing is we all knew what was coming, you know that he would be on IR and probably not play this season. But news out of New York after he gets the consultation with the doctor with whom he has a previous history already. They're going to go ahead and do the surgery, so any mystery is removed, not that there was much of any to begin with, but the faster you get it done, the faster the healing process begins and the rehab. And if it's true that it's a few months of a recovery from a partial evulsion of a hamstring a surgery to help with that, then he'll have most of the off season to get ready for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: One thing I learned is that it's a hockey injury. It happens a lot in the NHL, so that's why he's meeting with a specialist normally does NHL surgeries in New York.
Speaker 3: That's insane interesting. Thank you for that. Yeah, I think hearing that reattaching it is supposed to lessen the possibility of him having it happen again. I think that's going to be important. But with this injury in particular, the X injuries have been kind of weird. I mean, I don't know, I just feel like with this in particular, I've talked about how much I feel like him being mobile is important to his career and mobiles and just running mobile is how he navigates the pocket in and outside of the pocket, rolling to his right, roll in to his left. I'm really hoping that this because I've seen his train He's talked about his training, He's talked about how he trains in the off season. I really am curious to hear how this shifts how he trains in the off season, what he does. He is very intentional with his body and how he takes care of it. I think I really want to know if retaining and keeping his mobility is something that is important to him and what he's going to do moving forward, to adjust as his body gets older, as his body changes, to not have these things happen again, but to not take away from some of the amazing things that he's able to do as a player.
Speaker 2: That's something I was gonna ask you was do you all think that this would kind of hinder him from being a little bit more mobile next year as it comes back, do you all think that.
Speaker 6: Well, what it wasn't that the criticism up until the Atlanta game that we wanted to see him use his legs, And so I think it's all right, this has been in the works and it's not just something that is only with Dak Prescott. I mean, as quarterbacks get older, this is kind of the norm, and so I think you've already seen it in terms of like will things change moving forward? I assume that you meant, like with the offense and play calling and.
Speaker 2: Things out saying, do you feel like, because now when you look back at the play, it was because it was a mobile player, he was trying to move out of the pocket. Do you think that that will keep him from being confident and using his legs because again we were kind of criticizing everyone was.
Speaker 6: I think he's already pulled back.
Speaker 3: Both of his injuries have been when he's been on the move, and we've talked about like there's a mental element of this game. You know, him being okay with doing that understanding I think he also understood from the lack of mobility that he's played with this year, is like how important his presence was to the team as well. It's just one of those things where it's like easier said than done, but scare money, don't make no money, And that is too intricate to his play and his threat and what he's able to bring to the game. And so it hurts me to think about it, to think about the idea of him just shutting that part of his game down completely, especially since we have seen in the NFL there are not that many true pocket passes in this game anymore. Every quarterback is mobile because defenses have caught up and it's such a threat to a defense. But specifically with him, it's it's too important to his game. I feel like, if he did decide to completely stop running, he's just gonna have to be super tippity, top tier. Not that he already isn't like super mentally uh cerebral at the line of skrimmage and stuff, but he's just gonna have to be super pinpoint accurate and perfect in that pocket, and that's just not what I want from him. For him, that's difficult to do.
Speaker 5: And ironically enough, remember Jerry had said that he's like, I don't want my quarterback running, and then that game was word.
Speaker 6: Exactly. So many of the big plays are broken plays, and obviously, and broken plays often come from when the pocket breaks down and you know you're having to to, you know, improvise, improvise exactly.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite things about him. Some of his biggest plays have some improvise and we talked about it the other day. What's one of your favorite Philly games? Guess what improvising? Roll into his left Yes, instincts and and it's it's instinctual for him to run. So him not doing that change to this could be an identity shift for him in a sense. I hate it all.
Speaker 2: Right now, you assess the quarterback position, the quarterback room. You have Cooper Rush who has been named the starter for the Texans on Monday Night Football, then Trey Lance falling behind him, and the news of the Cowboys resigning Will Greer a reunion there to the practice squad. But we'll get to Will Greer in a few seconds. But I want to assess a little bit of Trey Lance's performance. What'd y'all think about Trey Lance Sunday against the Eagles? You look at the numbers, four six for twenty one yards, one interception, didn't really get any playing time to the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: But was what was y'alls thoughts? What was the rushing yards?
Speaker 6: He had the one good at the right end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, So he's great on the move and he can run, but we all know with lack of experience that he's had. I mean, he hasn't played a real full season y'all since twenty seventeen in high school. That's a long time. So he needs needs experience. Is it here? Do we want him to develop him in these last few games? I don't know if that's the answer. You know, he's going to make bad decisions. He's gonna throw a lot of picks. So it's you know, it's kind of up to the Cowboys what they want to do.
Speaker 3: Well, they took him, they gave up before for him, so they better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so here we go.
Speaker 3: I mean, tried it out. It's just one of those things where it's like, yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 5: I don't think we saw the best of Cooper either. I think that was a really bad game, you know, and.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was the nerves from Cooper.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 6: No, it's really interesting what Jerry Jones said this morning, and I had heard something similar, not during the game on the sideline, but remember when he had the fumble on the third play at the game and he fumbled the shotgun snap and tries to fall on it, and then the Eagle defender is going in in it and they kind of crunch each other they rock them, sock them, robot their heads together as they're going down, and that a little bit of a next strain there. Interesting, so that he wasn't wasn't feeling one hundred percent. So you know, you could tell that things were different after that, and you think, oh, maybe he lost some of his confidence, and I'm like, no, Cooper's not.
Speaker 3: That kind of guy.
Speaker 6: You think it was that he affected the rest of the game. Now that in hindsight, being twenty twenty, you can kind of see that now, And I wonder if if it's the case, is that why he wasn't pulling the trigger on some of the downfield throws. Is that possible or is there because some of the wide receivers, if you're not Ceedee Lamb, aren't great at getting separation.
Speaker 3: So that's different conversation.
Speaker 2: Now you're dealing with another quarterback who could be injured moving in less forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's a part of it.
Speaker 3: Is like again, like there are just times where he felt like he was in mud. No different than that, Like this receiver corps has had issues getting off of press separating in general, love me some Jalen Tolbert. He needs to be stronger at the point of attack. He needs to be stronger getting off the line of scrimmage. He needs to fight back to the ball. Like Jake Fergus say, we know he's been dealing with the knee, but I do feel like he's starting to look more like himself to me, and some of the wiggle he has and stuff like that, I just didn't see. When you go back and look at the tape, you see why Cooper Rush is hesitating, and it's because guys aren't open number one. And if he was dealing with an injury, that's even more. That's even more to add on to it. So I I did see that stat.
Speaker 2: Cowboys receivers have had less than a yard of separation from the nearest defender on a league leading twenty two point eight percent of targets this season.
Speaker 6: They've also had the second fewest.
Speaker 2: Average yards of separation at the time of past arrival in the It's.
Speaker 6: Hard enough to play quarterback in this league, and it's already tight windows that you have to throw into. And that the other thing is it's not just the small windows, but fighting for the ball. There are too many times the defenders get in the interception because it in a lot of times. And granted the wide receivers have done this several times, but when you're not going to get the ball, you make sure.
Speaker 3: They don't get the ball. They don't get the ball, do something somebody I know, I agree now with the separation as well. You're seeing a lot more teams play zone understand. Yeah, there are some times where you'll see them do some zone man match stuff where they have someone just carrying CD, but the rest of them are kind of in the zone front or whatever the case may be. Because of the zone. That's a lot of the reason why they're not getting separation as well as because I mean, for your three wide receivers going out on routes, there's six defenders out there, and so that's also an issue too. So you talk about again this is the next week, maybe how Mike McCarthy game plans to create separation. Because here's the thing, we're how many weeks are we in, We're going into weekend, We're going this week eleven. You have more than enough of information. I know the data analytics people are telling you you have more than information. Enough of information. I'll let you know that these guys aren't separating well outside of ceedee lamb. You gotta create it. You gotta find a way to create it. It may be difficult. Now, what I will say is that going into the next game, your run game is showing. I don't know how much another team's gonna respect it because they but they are showing that they can run the ball in spots. You need more consistency. But I think rick o'dada was showing that he can he can carry, he can leave the charge. Ter Steel has been better and run blocking. Tyler Smith had a good day in run blocking. So awsome Richards do some things. They are getting some movement. If they can continue to do that, maybe some of those people, some of those teams are like, well, maybe I do need to put a safety down there, Maybe I do need to help out down there. The Cowboys just need to stick to it, establishing and not get beyond the sticks. As we have talked about before. Let's talk about it a lot. Yeah, but they're one of the worst teams on first down head it's ro it's rough.
Speaker 6: Out here, all right.
Speaker 2: So I don't when you looking back at what he did do for the Cowboys in twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, He was cut in the twenty twenty three preseason after the team acquired for Trey Lance.
Speaker 7: What do y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember, because y'all were here at twenty twenty three when he played his final game in the preseason against the Raiders and bald out.
Speaker 3: What you remember, Oh?
Speaker 6: I remember that they let Dak Prescott call the place?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: And I remember we were given Dak a hard time because he's over there calling plays from the sideline and you see it on TV where the and it's actually a restaurant commercial with Dan Campbell where he gets you know, whoever's calling plays. They always put something over their face so that nobody can read lips, and Dak's just there. N It's like and he needs to, you know, it's to look more professional there if he's going to call the place. But Will Greer lit it up that day, so they let Will Greer have that entire final preseason game. They let Dak call the plays because Will Greer had found out three days earlier that they had given his job away to when they, as Nicole said, acquired Trey Lance for the fourth round pick the trade with San Francisco, and so he lit it up. I'll say that in the two and a half years that Will was here. One of my favorite locker room guys. Just a great guy and girl dad. He's got two little girls and such a nice wife and family. But he is more of a kind of a gunslinger.
Speaker 9: Kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Else.
Speaker 3: He's got a little.
Speaker 6: Swagger to him.
Speaker 5: I was watching some stuff. It seemed like a little bit of it.
Speaker 6: You want a fun fat I'll ask you this. Okay, So Will Griers from North Carolina Davidson, North Carolina and huge recruit coming out of high school, Parade All American Mister Football USA. He set the high school record for most passing yards in a single game. So I'm gonna let you guess how many and I and I'll say it's a lot in a single game. And in high school when the opponent is overmatch, you can put up some big numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go mmmm, is it like a wild number?
Speaker 3: It was a hint.
Speaker 6: It's high, Oh, it's high.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go crazy.
Speaker 3: I'll go high school high school seventy four crazy. He's gonna go up too.
Speaker 6: He says a single game record. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: Five thirty one, just to be crazy. Five thirty one just to be crazy.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go, I'm going to go ten to.
Speaker 6: Eighty six, well eight eight hundred and thirty four yards in a single game, saying he threw for eight hundred and thirty four yards. Went game in high school they playing I'm a League DA Sisters of the Blind. Yes, I don't know when he was a senior. Actually it was a junior in high school and three for eight hundred and thirty four yards. So yeah, but it's interesting because, uh, he didn't come with Philly this weekend, but he had reunited with Kellen Moore this offseason. He was actually on Phillies practice squad, so he's one of these guys. He was with the Bengals the previous year, that's right. Yeah, he started his career with the Panthers and the Panthers let him go. The Cowboys signed him away after they had let him go. He played, he started a couple of games for the Panthers, was with them for two years. Had been drafted by the Panthers out of West Virginia. But he's one Florida then West to West Virginia, lit up everything, and I think he's going to be one of these guys where whether it's the Cowboys or he's always going to have a job in the NFL because he'll know the system and even if it's a new and learn it quickly and just always be ready. So quarter but he's practiced squad, so he'll probably take one of the spots on the game day active roster where you can.
Speaker 2: Have Johnson from practice squad, So that, I guess is a.
Speaker 5: Little bit of a roster, especially with especially with Yeah, someone was waiting for that.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, if Trey Lance and a Will Greer are your quarterbacks, I know were about to have fun. Because let me tell you something, Well, in particular to Will Greer, I think that is why teams have I think that he gave himself opportunity by playing that preseason absolutely because he just plays and it's give and take right, because I think of I think Baker is a guy that I considered Baker Mayfield is a guy that I would consider like a gun slinger, and he's he's matured and developed. Yes, he's matured and developed to a guy that is comfortable revived his career and has the right people around him.
Speaker 5: Goo O.
Speaker 3: See down there at the Bucks, and I think about him. He reminds me of him and just the way that he's free flowing. He'll run, Yes, yeah, he'll make some decisions that will make you be like and then and then it works or whatever case may be. So I agree it's fine to get him in again. He's familiar with He's also familiar with this place, yes again, which matters, especially bringing someone in given what's going on with this team, this locker room. You know, he's not gonna be divisive anyway. He probably will be good energy and stuff for the team.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's good to hear one other thing. I would just say the previous year, twenty twenty two, it was between him and Cooper Rush. He was pushing a lot of a lot of us thought that he was going to be the backup to Dak and and surpassed Cooper Rush, and then he got hurt in training camp and didn't get to play the rest of the preseason. But most of us were thinking that it was gonna be Cooper number three. And will Greg.
Speaker 3: Have a little fun here?
Speaker 5: So do y'all think she's laughing? So it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: Hear me out here?
Speaker 6: I'm saying, do y'all see I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the opportunity of maybe it's like Cooper Rush. All right, we tried it, Maybe try trailing it's up next and then.
Speaker 6: I no, uh no, they're going to give They're going to give trade if if it's not going well with Cooper Rush, Trey Lance is going to have every opportunity because you traded a fourth round pick for him and you didn't all the time. Yeah, you will only see Will Greer if you get injuries to Cooper uh and Trey.
Speaker 2: I get that, But do y'all think this isn't just I don't want to worry about what Michael McCarthy was, you know, the whole ladder. I want to know what y'all think about out of the quarterbacks we have.
Speaker 3: Who do you feel from what you've seen, could be a starter?
Speaker 6: Should be Again, this is not like I'm not supposed to go. I think that they will and and I would do the same thing. You go with Cooper Rush until you are eliminated.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't let him play. Yeah, and will be the emergency guy. But we're saying that, we're saying the right thing. But listen, I'm.
Speaker 6: Thought because because here's the thing right now, there's no question in my mind that Cooper Rush gives this team the best chance to win right now, right now if you pay better, and this staff and everybody in this building owes it to every single player and every single coach to give these guys the best opportunity to win. And that's why they're going with Cooper Rush. So I'm sorry if the entertainment value is not what you may want it to be on Sunday or Monday nights, We've got a couple of those coming up on the schedule. But I really believe that that's why it's it's going to be Cooper unless again, with the injury.
Speaker 5: We know about this injury, how significant.
Speaker 6: Don't put the fact that Jerry alluded to. Of course, he alludes to a lot of things that everyone's like, yeah, I'm not gonna but but but I didn't. I don't want to answer for everyone, But do you have an answer? I know wants to see more Lance because you got to see what you got.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean if Cooper Rush because that I didn't know that information, that would make sense. I mean, I think the receivers got to play better anyway, But I think there was some clean pockets. There was some opportunity if he wasn't feeling welled. I wasn't privy to that information before because his play was his play last week. We can't negate like what we saw in that sense. So if he's gonna, because I will say, if he comes out this week and place that way again, then he doesn't give you the best chance.
Speaker 6: Right and and then then you can justify yes, yeah, so that you can justify.
Speaker 5: To watch the film information.
Speaker 2: Also, don't you if his there's a next strain like, I just don't want you already lost your starting.
Speaker 3: Quarterback and struggled with that two with the shoulder and the neck situation.
Speaker 5: A kind of connected.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I don't want it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's stick here our first break. You're watching World Star Boys Dog presented by in Visits Line will be right back with more Cowboys talk.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 3: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 4: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper. Because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Dickey family always mandated that the only Polish style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings.
Speaker 7: We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 11: Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickey's Barbecue pitt No One out smokes us.
Speaker 7: Order at Dickey's dot com for groups called eight six y six barber cut on the rims.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys Now apps stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcast docuseries like Deep Blue, and much much more. Download the Cowboys Now app on Amazon Fire, Roku, and Apple tv oo.
Speaker 3: Download all the apps.
Speaker 2: Boom wish we had a little Dan jazz ding.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 3: Thanks, appreciate you girl, all right, but we got it.
Speaker 6: If the season continues.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna go to Bonnie Joe chuse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bonnie, she's over it.
Speaker 2: The season continued, Will it be time to let Mike McCarthy go, And again, let me throw this out there, just disclaimer, because I want nobody running with our words.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is.
Speaker 2: Not what's going to happen, this is not what's been said.
Speaker 3: This is just our opinions.
Speaker 5: I'm not Michael Parsons, so people won't care as much about what I say. But no, well, girls get yeah, well, of course the obvious. He's not under contract, right, So that's number one. Number two. I just think we've seen what is going on with the personnel of the coaching staff. I'd love, in a perfect world to get a young offensive mine. That's my like a McVeigh shanahan. People are even saying, what's his name, Cliff Kingsbury, thank you. He's OC over at Washington. I don't know if he's in HC. So there's that that we sometimes we're not sure. Maybe dcs make better head coaches, But in my mind, yes, I think it's I think the players are from what I have heard and seen that maybe they're ready to move on to the next chapter. I'm trying to say that is trying to honest walk the line. I've just you know, that's my opinion. It's honest, and that's saying I don't like macarthy. I've seen you what he's done. He's proven he's actually I was looking at the stat that's funny. He's actually has the most wins on the road as the head coach is Mike McCarthy when he's in Green Bay. So I just I don't know, it's just not working sometimes not clicking.
Speaker 6: Most road wins, and then the last couple until this year, the home home is where the Cowboys were making.
Speaker 5: We can't perspect the home field.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not her field advantage for us first four years. Yeah, So that's tough ch correct.
Speaker 3: It's a hard thing to answer, but I find it.
Speaker 6: I'll give my honest opinion on it. At this time, there's eight games to go. I find it disrespectful that people bring it up this time. And I get it, and I know that in media that that's what we get to do. But I'm telling you, as someone that's in the building that's been around this for thirty four years, it boils my blood a little bit, it really does. I find it so disrespectful and you because I well, I'm everybody knows I'm a softy, but we did we do.
Speaker 5: At the end of the season, right, We're not talking about right now, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: This is yeah, I'm talking about the end of the season as well. Because now Mike, Mike has a couple daughters who were who were still school age. Your quarterbacks coach has three little kids. One of them's about to turn a year old, the youngest one. And so when someone says one of the names of the coaches to me, I don't see them. I mean, yes, in my mind's eye, I see them out on the field, but I also see them Saturday after practice with their families here, which they do a really cool thing here in relationship, another personal relationship, different them. So so I I am biased, and I'm biased the other way. I'm biased for these people. So I'm sorry that I'm not toss in Helen Brimstone and adding to this, But but my perspective is different, and and I don't like change for the sake of change, And I don't like to see families having to relocate and kids get pulled out of school. And let's be honest, Mike Zimmer is not working with a full deck this year, and neither is Mike McCarthy. Yeah, So I don't think that you take three consecutive twelve win seasons and sweep it aside. Would it be exciting if you get like a Ben Johnson or one of these hot Kingsbury or something. I think it would fire up the fan base and it would get media and.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 12: But you're talking about you're talking about as a new coach everything every either yes, yes, and is that yeah, But until the personnel gets better.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna better. Yes, go ahead, comment, you got it.
Speaker 2: I can agree with that one hundred percent agree with that. And I say that because I mean, you do see when players get cut and you have built relationships with them or whatever and they leave, it does suck. And but I think it's it's kind of hard because you're dealing with the business side of it. Yeah, of course we're not on the business side of it, thank god, But.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to deal.
Speaker 2: You have to look at like the business side of it and whether or not you're bringing in wins, which, of course michaemccarthy has twelve one seasons and three straight seasons, but when you look at this year, it's not really the same. Again, the personnel has not been there and that is not on Micha McCarthy.
Speaker 6: So it's like you.
Speaker 2: Look at the business side of it, but then you look at the humanizing side of it and you see it how well he connects.
Speaker 3: With these guys.
Speaker 2: You see how much these guys love him. You see what he's done with Dak Prescott and how he's just improved him over the last couple of years as well. And it's I'm kind of like down the middle, like I don't know how, I don't know if I've decided if like it's like all right, time to go and get rid of Mike McCarthy, or it's you know, I haven't really just to nail that.
Speaker 5: Though, because it is like, at the end of the day, football is a business, but at the same time, there is the human element to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 5: We've seen that with Jerry Jones that he's very close with you know, Red, with Jason Garrett and you know, whoever it may be. And sometimes people say that hurts an organization, you know, So I don't know, it's tough.
Speaker 2: And you just and Christy headed on the nail too because she said that, you don't know, with bringing in it's gonna it's gonna make a difference. It's gonna make a difference or not. Again, you have to start with the person.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and we don't know what that looks like exactly right and different things.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It could be much greater, or it could take a few years.
Speaker 5: And maybe it's a couple of pieces and it's just it's not the coach. I don't know what the problems. We don't know.
Speaker 3: I was listening to y'all.
Speaker 6: I've made me feel bad. No, I'm not to do that. You asked, And I'm trying to bring a different perspective.
Speaker 5: Because you have and you have a relationship with them.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate the transparency. I was able to connect with some of the coaches who were here previously, and I do understand the human element of it as well.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I remember even hearing Joe Witt talk about I don't want to move my girls again. I don't want to have to do that. What I will say about what's going on with Mike McCarthy, and this stems back to even when dan Quinn was here, the constant conversation of always dan Quinn going to be the take over the job next year. That causing contention just and I just believe that every coach is in this building right now came into an unfortunate situation from the start this year. The lack of depth because of them not attacking free agency, the amount of and you Christy, you mentioned you know the stress that it puts on the coaches. This puts the way that the Cowboys are run, puts a lot of stress on their scouts as well. Yes, they don't have the opportunity we're seeing unfortunately, which happens in draft. You're not always going to be right about everyone. But we're seeing really that the draft class from last year, not this year, last year really hasn't supplemented in the way that you needed them to. And that's a trickle down effect and that comes back to your scouting department. But also too, you need free agency to help bridge that gap between those rookies as they develop and they get better. So I do agree that I think that there's some systematic things that are not being done well enough to benefit these coaches so they can maneuver how they need to. I feel like we have quite a few coaches here on one one year deal since that brings me to my second point is I understand the human element of it. But when you're taken one year, dear, you know what's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, truer point. These are all the big boys. Yes, their big boy pants, and everybody knows. They know that coaches are hired to be.
Speaker 3: Fired and it's and it's And this is something I can speak to personally. As I have tried to look into what avenues I wanted to pursue my career and things like that, what I've learned is that coaching is it's not a stable thing, and you can't you cannot become content in coaching. So with that being said, I I think that Mike McCarthy and those people, despite the fact that it is harder on their families and stuff, there probably is planning and stuff in place for those things. So I empathize, but I trust that they have a plan for that. Number one, But number two, I do think that we are at a crossroads with philosophy, with just the way how again, how things are run. I think we are at a crossroads with what's happening up top and what is trickling down to the coaching staff. So part of me is like everything you guys said is accurate. But I also am just like, go live y'all's life. I know I'm not trying to be mean. I'm not trying to be but you guys just mentioned with the way that this team is run, it puts immense stress on the coaching staff to elevate what they have around them because they don't attack things the way that you need to, and so it's always going to be a damper on the coaches. It's always going to come back on them until they're whatever coach. If it does happen there there needs to be a marrying of the front office and the coaches in a way that's like we understand what you want to do, like the coaches need to be able to implement the stuff that they want to do to forward the team as well. So for me, for me, Mike McCarthy is great. He's I always vouched for him. I've always thought he was great. I love how empathetic he is to the players.
Speaker 5: How much can tell you you can tell.
Speaker 3: But I do think that maybe some of his philosophies, some of the things that he wants to do are not within the realm of what the NFL looks like now. So if you were to bring him back, are is he willing to be open to some of the change. Is he willing to be open to some of the things that would make even a lesser roster be able to perform like.
Speaker 5: An old school mentality?
Speaker 3: Now new school intelligence coming fund necessarily, but just okay with moving forward because I don't it doesn't take rocket science to see that a lot of the philosophies and the way they run the ball and the schemes and the lack of motion. I mean, they have literally been bottom of the league in motion as the rest of the league, every good offense in the league, and it's just like trying to hammer in something, and every coach has their philosophies and what they like to do. Is he willing to train some of those things? If not, then there's a whole nother conversation. But I just think again, this whole situation has been unfortunate for the players because of how things are. I feel for the I feel for the young linebackers. I feel for these young players that need guidance. Mozsie Smith doesn't have a nose. Tackle too poor into him to teach him the game there's just there's a lot of things that the coaches don't have control.
Speaker 5: Over that it's to you, you said to all the football scouts.
Speaker 3: No, I just I just unfortunate to begin with. I do think that you are at a crossroads with Mike McCarthy and some decisions have to be made.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing though, about the changing and philosophy. If Mike McCarthy is willing to change, I don't know, because no I saw. But you look at last year and they were at the bottom of the league in motion and you saw how they changed it and look at what happened. They had one of the best, the best offense in the NFL in twenty twenty three. So I mean you I feel like he's willing to But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he also needs the offensive It's also to the offensive line. It's also to the pre snap penalties. It's also like this all ties into you have a lot of Yeah it's a lot, but you got a lot of young players on adults not doing doing I've been in the league years stuff.
Speaker 5: And making an impact immediately, and if they don't, there's all the pressure again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there is whoever coaches here has to any whoever coaches here is going to be navigating some things that are different and they have to be cool with accepting some of that stuff. And it does cause contention. When when when when when When you as a coach, want to conceal an injury and then you hear it being announced, it's this is it's not always. They need to be together what however it works, and that's the scouts, the draft and philosophy, all that needs to be together because right now it feels like people are doing or have been doing, kind of what they want to do or what they deem best, and that's just not clearly hasn't resonated well in the field.
Speaker 5: They said that sorry real quick. Aaron Rodgers did say that Mike McCarthy does the best in adversity, that he's really good when he's when he's I guess you know, the hot to see whatever you want to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's always had. You know, there were years in Green Bay where they were decimated with injuries. But this year, with what's happened with the defensive end position and the others, it's just it's a contract year and timing is everything in life, and for these coaches, this is a bad year to be in the last year of your contract. Well, for when you have these injury situations.
Speaker 3: We're going to take our second break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back more with more Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by and Busit Line.
Speaker 10: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality course ground beef and port rich spices and.
Speaker 7: Fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 11: Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys, the perfect matchup on game day Dickey's Barbecue pitt No one out smokes us. Order at Dickey's dot com for groups called eight sixty six BARBERA cute lives on the rims.
Speaker 8: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's Yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing.
Speaker 3: Ice cold Coola, a journey.
Speaker 8: To foodopia, burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who.
Speaker 6: Will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 4: That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 7: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 9: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: Gear up for the Turkey Day the Cowboys Way Score all the essentials for the perfect Thanksgiving Day outfit at Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience, and stay ready to cheer on the Boys at the twenty twenty four Salvation Army Red Kettle kickoff game. Nicole, why don't you doing stuff with the Red Kettle today?
Speaker 6: Salvation Army.
Speaker 3: Salvation Army so important.
Speaker 2: I love that I went last year too, but yeah, this year you a lot of the guys actually were there feeding and delivering plate not delivering plates, but handing out plates to the less fortunate. I believe it was over six hundred men and women that they fail it. And so yeah, you saw Brandon Cooks bring his son so cute Zach Martin there for his eleventh year, like he loves being in the community demo. Was there a lot of guys with the Cooper Rush.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was really nice. It was from eleven thirty this morning to like twelve.
Speaker 5: Love to see it. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, professt we got before we wrapped things up.
Speaker 6: The Texans.
Speaker 5: It's your town.
Speaker 2: Holiday, dath Sor I'm sorry, I forgot.
Speaker 3: I forgot perday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h Down comes to Dallas, Texans.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be the battle of who runs Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be fun to watch Christy break down the different approaches taken by the Cowboys and the Texans and how it's paid off with joke Mixing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what happened was the Texans, we're gonna be without Devin Singletary because he took a they he had been their starter and he went for bigger money with the New York Giants, and so they wanted to a veteran and they ended up getting Joe Mixon from the Cincinnati Bengals. Remember this a Pro Bowl running back who, along with Joe Burrow, leads him to a Super Bowl and you know, all these thousand yard seasons, and they got him for a seventh round draft pick.
Speaker 5: A lot of those because the off the field problems.
Speaker 6: That's true, that's true. But they got him back in March for a seventh round pick, and they immediately signed him to a contract extension. The Texans did three years, twenty seven million dollars, thirteen million of it guaranteed. But even before going for Mixing, they got out bid on Saquon Barkley. They had a budget in mind, and they offered him. I believe that they offered thirty three million to Saquon Barkley. Wow, and Saquon took the bigger money from Phililadelphia.
Speaker 5: And uh, I don't think I remember that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well with the Yeah. So anyways, so Mixing's cap hit this year is five point five million dollars and uh yeah, and how well has he been doing through this first half of the season. First NFL player to run for one hundred yards and five of his first six games with a new team. So, whether it's a rookie and you're a new your new team in the NFL, or you get traded or leaving free agency and join a new club, first ever in NFL history to rush for one hundred yards and five of his first appearances with a new franchise. So yeah, so he's coming here. So the Texans were aggressive. They were very aggressive, and it's paid off for him so far.
Speaker 5: I really did.
Speaker 3: I love that for them. Good for them.
Speaker 6: Where should we have.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was imtant. I would assume it was. They were aggressive because it's important, like c. J. Stroud continues to develop, to develop. We've seen that he is different this year. I'm not gonna act like he's like bad or anything. He's not, but he is. He's learning, he's learning, he's learning, and a good running game is literally always going to help a young quarterback. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And he's good out of the backfield catching the ball, he can outlet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is would you say they got for him again?
Speaker 6: Seventh round pick?
Speaker 3: All right, let's just time.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be breaking down the matchup.
Speaker 3: We feel real confident.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that I'm the softy.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll be back here with more Cowboys Texans breakdown throughout the week.
Speaker 3: We'll be back here tomorrow, BOK.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club