Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Its way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm excited for this one because Blast is here in the building with me.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: You know I've been wanting to get you on this show for a while.
Speaker 2: My producer will tell you, and I know, like things have somehow never lined up properly.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that radar Now, he'll tell you. I'm I'm always like I really like Blast, I really like his music. Thank you and so and so this newest project, Labor of Love, is not a disappointment at all for me.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you. That means a lot. That means a lot coming from a legend like yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you're in a new chapter of your life, so congratulations on that too. You know what's fascinating to me that you manage yourself?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you enjoy that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Not.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I was saying. I kind of manage myself too.
Speaker 3: It's not something that I like say with pride. It's just the reality of where I'm at right now, you know. But I still have a team around me that help me, you know, move around and make good decisions.
Speaker 2: Do you answer emails like yes, as yourself or do you pretend to be someone else.
Speaker 3: Well, I just don't say nothing, you know, I don't leave a name at the end of the message. I just say, you know, I just respond accordingly.
Speaker 1: Are you on point, like as far as somebody books you for something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on time. I stay on time, you know, I think. I I just respect professionalism. So that's just who I am as an artist in general.
Speaker 2: And just so y'all know he was here on time. And it's always a surprise to me. When you came in. They were like, Okay, Blast is in agreement, I say, on time and everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we.
Speaker 3: Try to keep that reputation a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, let's discuss labor of love. You even started off with just something very poetic about love is more than a feeling. It's actual labor and showing up. And so when you talk about this love that you have, it's love for not just music and your career, but also for family, yeah, and other things as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fatherhood, you know, love for self, love for the relationship I'm in, you know, all of the above, and the work that goes into that word love, the labor behind it. Hence the title labor of love, because for love. Love for me is more than just the feeling. It's the sacrifice and everything that goes behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to say, judging from this album, it feels like you're argumentative.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Wow, that's the energy you picked up.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you like to argue?
Speaker 3: I like to have a good debate, a healthy debate. That's what I would like to frame it.
Speaker 2: As you know, it feels like there's some fussing going on but you. But it also feels like you're the type of person that will get right back into bed with your lady and act like nothing happened in spoon, that's is that who you are?
Speaker 3: I like the spoon I say that, but you know, I don't like to act as if nothing happened though, you know, I like to move on. I like, of course, I like to move and I like to, you know, make sure everything that do happen don't define our entire relationship. So you know, maybe maybe an argument is what I do, just my immature version of myself and learning how to communicate. But it's not something that I want to be defined as.
Speaker 2: You know, I wouldn't say you're defined as that, but some people do Like I tell my man his love languages.
Speaker 1: He does like to like beef a little bit with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he get a kick out of that.
Speaker 1: And then I think guys like to do that and then they like to make up.
Speaker 3: That's funny. I feel like girls just like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's not spicy unless you got something to fight for. That's how y'all look at relationships now.
Speaker 2: I know that you've consciously slowed down, like touring, and it's been two years since you put your last project out, and I have to think that's also label changes and things like that. Was it like logistical but also family time.
Speaker 3: Man, it was a lot of things that went into that really just you know, locking in with myself and you know, financial ups and downs and restructuring my team and just locking in with how I want my future to be in general. So I think when you wearing a lot of hats, it kind of slow you down as a creative because you playing the you know, the business side too. But I think in actuality kind of helped me more than it hindered me because it gave me a more aligned focus on what I really want from the game and what I want to put in the universe instead of just making music that feel and sound good.
Speaker 2: People from the outside looking in would not think you have financial ups and downs man, because you've had so much success not just as a solo artist, but also on other people, you know, songs as a guest artist, also touring, also the accolades.
Speaker 1: Like for me on the outside looking in, I would think it was straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think from like that's a that's a good point. You know, every superhero go through something, and I think for me, as I gained success, my overhead got bigger too. So it's not I make I still make money, but my overhead is up there and a lot more exactly so.
Speaker 2: And that independent grind is also different. It's not like someone's handing you a budget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you got to put up your own money, it's like you bet on yourself every play. So it's not like, you know, somebody just fronting you a million dollars and you get to play around and have room to just make a mistake. It's like every mistake I make is gonna hit me harder than you know, just another person that got the bag from somebody else.
Speaker 2: Going to independent route, would you say no, pun intended that was chosen or is it something.
Speaker 3: That I think for me, I can't help but to acknowledge the ones that came before me, like the Nipsey Hustles, you know, and just the culture that I come from. It's about betting on yourself because I feel it's much more valuable when you take that risk and learn from your own mistakes. And I just applied that naturally. It wasn't something intentional, but I just knew how I wanted to create leverage, and I understood that this was a business from a jump, So that was my mentality.
Speaker 1: Other than this, what were you doing like before?
Speaker 3: Before music?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I was just running around being the kid. But I started making music while I was a kid, around sixteen seventeen, so this was always the thing. Outside of that, I was probably just skateboarding, you know, just being a little bad kid.
Speaker 1: Are you still good at that?
Speaker 3: Hell? No, it's too late for that now.
Speaker 1: Well you say it's too late, you're still Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once I broke my ankle, it was over with.
Speaker 2: I was watching I'm sure you don't watch the show, but I was watching The Ultimatum. I don't know why this is so funny to me? But one of the guys on the show broke both of his legs at the same time because he tried to do a backflip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was me for Shure.
Speaker 1: And he said no going back from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you know, once you get older, your bones just don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody trying to play basketball, get back on the court.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 3: You out for two weeks. You got to take off work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have time for that. It's over with now.
Speaker 2: This is a very personal album, labor of love, because you did everything for it, rote produced, yes, right, and that was something intentional also, or was it just like I don't have time to wait for other people?
Speaker 3: It was intentional in a sense that I wanted every piece to feel like it came from an authentic place and you know, the sound that people fell in love or blast for. In my early days, when my name first started getting in a game from No Love Loss, I was heavily producing every song too, you know. So I just wanted to circle back to the roots and just get a fans exactly what they loved me for. Sometimes you just got to get a people what they.
Speaker 1: Want, right, Yeah, and they did.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's good to experiment with different sounds, but it's a you know, it's hard because you want to please your fans, but you also want to have the freedom to move around through different types of genres.
Speaker 3: And I did that too, as far as like experiencing different sounds, different genres, working with other producers, because that's what you tend to do as you gained success and move around the industry, you start working and collaborate with different people. But for this project, I wanted it to feel like me and have something that I can be proud proud of ten years from now.
Speaker 2: You know, you know that's song on their Home that's a how was that writing that? Because reliving certain things that have happened from your youth and then now seeing this happen to you as an adult, like I know you weren't in the house, yeah when there was a home invasion, but even having a decision to put that on the album.
Speaker 3: Man, yeah, I think it's more healing now that I look back at it. But you know, it's funny because being in New York, it made me feel eerie every time because I was in New York when it had happened. But it was it was a moment that I'm proud of as I look back, because it's like I could turn my pain into art for not only me, but for my son too, because we both went through a traumatic experience around the same age, and it kind of made me look at it through a kid's eyes, but also now that I'm an adult, I could look at it from a you know, a wider point of view, you know. So I think it was dope to connect with my son on that and kind of just be an example of a superhero, like, yeah, we can go through things and things gonna happen. This is a part of life. It's gonna be ups and downs, but you got to learn how to adapt to your circumstances.
Speaker 2: Man, that home invasion stuff in La, it's crazy. It's crazy, you know. Me Being from New York, people have always act like New York is so dangerous. But I feel like La is a different type of like the things that happen is different than here.
Speaker 3: Every city got their own things.
Speaker 2: Because it's more spread out. I think that's part of it too. It's more spread out, like our houses are attached, We're so in close quarters that it's something happens. People really like if somebody does something in my house and god hate but I feel like there's so many people that would see that happening, and the neighbors, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for me it's kind of crazy because I felt like I moved out the hood, so to speak. But you know, shit like that still happened, and I became even more of a target actually, But also it kind of helped me develop a relationship with my neighborhood, even though I'm the rapper on the block.
Speaker 1: Now you know, you're on the block association. Do y'all have that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Damn near. We all got a group, a group thread and all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta do that. And there's nothing better than feeling like the neighborhood's looking out.
Speaker 3: Nah. For sure, it's good to be a part of the community.
Speaker 2: When they're like, do you see this just happen? And I have the citizens app that'd be always having me.
Speaker 3: I got that too.
Speaker 1: I got to take it off for a little while because I was like.
Speaker 3: For sure, you gotta you gotta be careful how much you tend to it.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about some of the songs that I love on this album. I like something about it that gives me a good feeling, like a good vibe, like a you know, old school, old school.
Speaker 1: What's old school love to you?
Speaker 3: Old school love to me is? It's probably not you, you know, it probably goes against with the now is. But for me, it's just about being a provider, you know, making your woman laugh, making her feel good, and just taking care of the household. You kind of control the temperature of what's going on. So in that song, it's kind of me being humorous, you know, and just not letting the small things be a distraction to what we really have going on overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been together for how long now with.
Speaker 3: Your girl over ten years?
Speaker 2: So that's quite a transition in your life from where you were ten years ago to where you are now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is that?
Speaker 2: Growing together and seeing like how you've evolved? And I'm sure she has too.
Speaker 3: Man, we was kids together, you know, so it's every day is a growing pain, especially when you've been with somebody through your twenties and coming of success too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, so you sometimes you feel like, okay, was I'm missing out on some things? But I think, you know, having somebody that can identify you being a human and you growing.
Speaker 1: And you know why they're there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and understanding that you know they have their own individual purpose. I think it's everything for me, and that's all I ask for. I'm obviously not perfect, she not perfect, but every day we figure out how to be imperfect together.
Speaker 1: I promise you you don't want to go back out there anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nothing outside for me.
Speaker 2: There's nothing outside for you, because imagine having to start all over and you don't know.
Speaker 3: Like that's my biggest fear. Every time we argue and I feel like, all right, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm stuck.
Speaker 3: Nothing outside.
Speaker 2: And you know, for her too, like you guys have two sons together. Y'all been together for so long. She knows you better than anybody. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be famous and then try to date somebody, you know, brand new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's scary. It's the thought of it is scary a long because you know you want something real, and that's the closest thing I got to something real, Like she knew me before any anybody knew who Blast was. So how can you replace that?
Speaker 1: Now? The album cover?
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that artwork too, because that's something that was important for you as well. Uh, that is a house that your grandfather built, that was your childhood home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, my childhood home on the east side of LA to be specific. And yeah, my grandpa he moved from Louisiana to Oakland and then they stopped in LA and that's where my foundation was. You know, he made a house for a kid like me to be a dreamer. So the house is you know, sentimental for me just to go back and connect to my roots and have it as a symbol of what I feel love is.
Speaker 1: Does he still live there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he still lived there. He's stay in the back.
Speaker 1: A nice house. And you said he built it with his own hands.
Speaker 3: See everybody say that it might be the way that I'm saying it in the but no, he definitely hired people to do. Probably have it a nail or we're gonna act like he did.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you remember buying your first home?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. It was it was a leap of faith. It was a leap of faith. It was right after no love loss, so I was going crazy. I had the song chosen, you know that took me over to it took me from blast to blast.
Speaker 1: You like, thank you.
Speaker 3: TikTok, Thank you TikTok, changing my life. But yeah, it was a beautiful home and I still own it to this day. So I'm proud to say that.
Speaker 2: You know, you talk about Chosen and what a big song that was for you. Sometimes though, people have a huge song like that and then it's hard to when you think you have to like top that.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking that at that time?
Speaker 3: Nah? I think it was like a cherry on top because that was my first project. So for me, I wasn't even expecting that type of success. So when it came, it was just like, okay, let's just right the wave. I think over time, you know, you start having conversations and people try to put it in your brain like Okay, you got Chosen, it's double platinum, what you're gonna do next? But for me, I had a foundation before Chosen, Like I had a fan base before Chosen from the sixth tape to Know No Love Lost, and the Chosen was on a deluxe, so it just added to the momentum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean things like that.
Speaker 2: Labels try to make it happen and do campaigns and figure out ways but that just went on its own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's good for leverage. Luckily, you know, my next deal was right after that, so I was in position to say, Okay, now I want to do this. I want to do this, and I got a bigger bag. But you know, ever since then, I've just been continued. You know, I don't like to look at music like I got to chase a hit, just like making a body of working connected with the fans one by one.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about this album. First of all, it's always totally my vibe. I love a good R and B, but it's got a hip hop type of vibe to it. Yeah, that's the kind of music that I enjoy listening to, like when I'm not at work anyway, And you know, we played this on the radio too. I really enjoyed the song work Work feature and shying right.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's one of the ones that give you that real deal that a lot of people don't talk about, you know, because my father was damn near a rolling stone. He got three baby mamas, and I was just you know, spelling that I don't want to be a fruit of that tree, you know, just trying to change the generational curse, and I'm sure a lot of people can connect to it.
Speaker 1: And you're the youngest, right, the youngest.
Speaker 3: The youngest boy. I had three older sisters, two older brothers and not even grow up with him, you know, And I feel like family is important, so I just try to, you know, change the generational curse and keep my family tight knit.
Speaker 2: How what did your mom used to say to you about your dad growing up? Because I know that's tough to being a mom. And like you said, your dad was a rolling stone kind of, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I wasn't. I probably was exaggerating by stone. He definitely was getting active at an exact age. He had his first kid when he was fifteen. Wow, so he was outside, you know.
Speaker 1: But so your oldest sibling is how.
Speaker 3: Old she got to be her fifty? Wow?
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, she's kind of up there, okay, but yeah, I forgot the initial.
Speaker 2: Oh what did your mom used to say to you about your dad growing up?
Speaker 1: I know he was trying it in your life.
Speaker 3: But she didn't really Like my mom is cool, like she don't really judge people, you know, So he was just doing his thing. He was kind of just like if I had to describe my dad, he just like he's so light. Everything is a joke, Like he don't take nothing serious. So that's where the friction came with my mom, Like she wanted to build a foundation as a family, and he was just every moment was the moment, like he didn't plan for the future. So that's the only thing that I can think of. But I think him living in a moment so much, she probably got tired of that. You know, my mom is more structured and she cared about foundation, So it just didn't a line in the long run.
Speaker 1: And you did live with your dad for a while too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. In my high school years, I have moved an hour away from la and I think it changed my life. It gave me the opportunity to focus on one thing at a time because it was a lot of isolation out there and not a lot of people that looked like me. So it gave me the opportunity to fall in love with something different than just what was in my neighborhood. I started skateboarding and doing things like that, and then I fell in love with music and it made me hone in on my craft because I had a lot of time on my hands.
Speaker 1: You know, is that where you first started doing music?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were like, Okay, let's get on this laptop, Let's get on this lab.
Speaker 3: And I was just teaching myself on YouTube, watching Ryan Leslie Forharrell Timmelin in the studio, teaching myself how to produce. And next thing, you know, Blast came about.
Speaker 1: What were you singing about back then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the same. I was always a lover boy, So even if I didn't have no wisdom about relationships, I was still speaking on it because it was just something that I naturally cared. I don't know why, but maybe because I had all older sisters, but I just love love.
Speaker 1: Were you very sensitive in relationships?
Speaker 2: Like? What were you like back then when it came? Since you were a lover boy? Were you always having a girlfriend?
Speaker 3: And I got I got played so many times in my early relationships. I was definitely a sucker for love too, and I think over time it kind of turned me to a savage. Like in my mid love era.
Speaker 2: They always say that a woman could make a man turn a man into a savage.
Speaker 3: Careful what I there? Man? It's some good ones out there that you can you know taint, you know, and I'm one of the ones that y'all messed up.
Speaker 1: So like what type of things happened to you?
Speaker 3: It can go it go crazy. Like where as a sixteen year old kid, I remember I had a girlfriend in high school and she turned she was a drug addict. Oh whoa, and I had That's how I found out, Like in high school and the dude that was I don't even know if this is ready your friendly, that's okay, but yeah PG. Thirteen version, she was doing her thing with the drug dealer that she was addicted to. Wow, buying drugs from you.
Speaker 1: Know, how did you find that out?
Speaker 3: It was a whole It was like a euphoria movie scene.
Speaker 2: That's a wild and you had no idea. You had no idea that she was.
Speaker 3: I had no idea, and that at that.
Speaker 2: Young of an age too. That's I wonder what was going on in her household.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had another uh my prom day. Actually on prom night, we went to the hotel after you know, when you in high school, you get a little hotel to have a little kickback. She was doing her thing in the bathroom with a whole nother.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's the story of Blast. There's a lot of healing I'm going through.
Speaker 1: How did you find that out?
Speaker 3: You found that I was there? What you mean how I fund out?
Speaker 1: So somebody told you?
Speaker 3: Are you? I was there, I heard it, I witnessed it. It was no no care for Blast.
Speaker 1: My gosh. So then you just went home after that.
Speaker 3: I had to thug it out. I have to thug it out.
Speaker 1: I know what. This all probably helped you do some music, if you think about.
Speaker 3: It, some stories to tell, for sure. They're still unfolding as we go.
Speaker 2: So then how did you manage to fall in love with with your lady now and basically link up and say this is it?
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever said this was it. It was just something that we just developed over time. You know, you trust is built and it could be broken overnight. So I think for me, it's it's a precious thing that I take serious and every day matters like something can go wrong tomorrow. So I just try to live in each moment and be aware of the love that we do have, because nothing is nothing lasts forever anyway, you know, we on borrow time, and even our relationship is not going to be forever, once I go or once she go, or if we go while we're still alive, Like, we can't control we can only control ourselves. So I just try to treat every moment like it's the last moment.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we don't think about what men have gone through when it comes to relationships, you know. I think for women, we're used to like, oh he cheated on me, he did this to me, But we don't think about men and having gone through having some type of trauma from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know, as a man, it's kind of you kind of look weak when you when I'm pretty sure it'll be a tough man that would never tell the stories I just told and they just regular little high school stories. But yeah, men go through things too, But it's not like you looked at as a superhero to tell those stories, like okay, tough enough and keep going.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing that would be crazy is if you stayed with her after that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, did you?
Speaker 1: I just had a double check.
Speaker 2: Okay, that'd have been like all right, blast, we gotta talk that.
Speaker 3: I ain't that much of a fool that.
Speaker 2: Being said, the song sent your way? Can we talk about how you wrote that since this is a personal album and you wrote everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, since your Way is actually about the pressures of feeling like you gotta get married.
Speaker 1: You see what I was leading up to.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I see where you're going. You're good at you good at your job. But it came from my grandpa actually telling me, like or asking me, like, when you go get married? And that was the only successful marriage I have ever experienced was my grandpa and my grandma and they've been married for like fifty years within my family. And then at this age, I start going to more weddings, like people from high school, see my friend, my younger friends getting married. So it kind of sparked that like thought of like damn, should I be getting married? Or like have I been going to getst the grand So it's just a it's like an open conversation. It's no answer to it, but it's like a question to my girl, like what happens if I take my time?
Speaker 1: Well you have been yeah I have. That's true though those weddings.
Speaker 2: Going with your girl to a wedding will make y'all start thinking like that was beautiful, and then you start sitting there, there's no way you don't picture like if that's you know what I'm saying, there's no way you don't think about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Is it something that you are considering at least? Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: I think I think marriage, well I have two ways of viewing it, but I think I love love and I think marriage is a celebration of that. So that's what I do appreciate. But when it comes to like the paperwork and it's still a business, and I think that kind of hinders my like my urgency. If you want to say, yeah, you know, but if we could just celebrate and say we're married, then I'm down for that. We can do that right.
Speaker 1: Now, some type of like promise ring or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, at the end of the day, like you never, sometimes we think about things and it just take one thing to make you be like, you know what. Sometimes it's the kids being like when are you guys gonna you know, they see that at school and they come home and ask you. And I've heard people say that yeah, or like why does a mommy have the same last name?
Speaker 3: Or I never experienced that yet, so maybe that'll spark.
Speaker 2: My you know, now everybody's asking about tourm So because I see.
Speaker 3: The comments, how you see you lying?
Speaker 1: I'm serious.
Speaker 3: You asked to go to my paper.
Speaker 1: Are you going on tour? I do my own research.
Speaker 3: And shout out to you. I am going on tour. It's a work in progress right now. But yeah, that's all I can say right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you have your working on setting that up and I'm sure you're going to have some good supporting. You could do this on your own though, if you chose to.
Speaker 3: You know, I really want to go on somebody. I've been torn headlining my own tour since I started, and I've never been on the road with somebody else. So that's something I've been thinking about too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're give him more hints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to be with if you were like, who do you think would be a good match.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that this is what's happening, but I'm just.
Speaker 3: Asking a good match.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes put things in the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: I think like a Brent fires Oh.
Speaker 2: Girl, Kayla, we were just saying that you have like a Brent Faires type of like both of you kind of would mesh well together.
Speaker 1: That's so that's the one person we said.
Speaker 3: That's the only person I could think about right now. Oh, I will have to.
Speaker 1: Ask y'all, No, I swear to you. We both.
Speaker 2: This is Kayla who works with us, and I promise you before you came in here, we were talking about you know, he's like they kind of would go well together. Not that y'all sound alike, but and then also like the whole independent.
Speaker 1: Vibe and the whole way you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I respect his career for sure, how he got it out the mud and created his own lane.
Speaker 1: Which is kind of what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Would you want to do some type of deal or is that something because I know you're an empire now, but that's still independent. You own all your own masters, right, I saw you talking about that. Yeah, but is this something that you are working towards because I know after empire a lot of times artists will go and do something like a major. I mean, you're doing so well on your own, but I'm not in.
Speaker 3: I think what's more important is creating your own team, because I don't look at a major like they're going to change my life.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think having a solid team management it's the most important thing, you know, at the end of the day. When you partner with a label, they just give you a plan of what they feel like you should do as far as marketing, and they give you a bag to do it. And if I'm not in a rush to have either of those And.
Speaker 2: Are there people you feel like you don't have access to though, because sometimes they do that too, like they might pair you with. But I feel like you could DM somebody if you wanted to exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like in this day and age, you can be your own PR, you can be your own A and R, you can reach out to artists yourself, you can head up platforms yourself, you can hit up brands yourself. So it's kind of like come it kind of comes down to how much output you want to do on your own.
Speaker 1: But I know it's also exhausting doing this.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not for the week.
Speaker 2: Because I can imagine that managing your I know for myself, managing yourself is a lot of work, and sometimes people want to focus more on just like being creative and not having to deal as much with the administrative side of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what I'm learning now, Like I'm strictly an artist before a businessman, like just naturally, so I think over time I had to learn that about myself, like, Okay, I'm not so I'm not the greatest act communicating or following up with an email or you know, things like that. So I'm learning and put people in position and delegating certain tasks.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need an AI assistant, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I use Chat every days. That's the co manager right there, Chat GPT. You need a percentage yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I really appreciate you for coming through here.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we've been trying to coordinate and make this happen, but I think this was perfect time because at least I got you after the album came out, so I was able to really sit with it and listen to it. And I do love it, and I think you're an amazing artist honestly, Like when they said, he didn't even ask me, because normally before we book somebody, they're like, oh, do you want this person? He was like, I just saw your name pop up on the schedule, and I was like, that's exciting. Blast is finally coming through.
Speaker 3: You know. I was kind of skeptical about doing the show with you, why because you got that freaky show that you.
Speaker 1: Be doing Lipstavers. We'll get you on the next and.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be the same thing, but this was actually one of the dopest interviews I had.
Speaker 1: Oh would think. I appreciate you also for being really open.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard not to because a lot of what we saw on this album is so personal. So I think that it made it a lot easier for me to be able to have these conversations just because you know, and I ruin that's another one.
Speaker 1: You and Sasha Kip.
Speaker 2: I just really enjoy when people and I know everybody doesn't write their own music, but I enjoy when people write their own music, when artists do that, because it matches up with like what they're really going through in life, right right, I feel that, And you really sat up here and went through it all.
Speaker 3: SOO man, thank you, thank you for having me on here. I appreciate your platform.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll be looking forward to that announcement, okay of the tour because I think one thing people do have to experience is seeing you live, and I know that's important to you. Having a great stage show also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we do it for. You know, you go in the studio, you make these stories, but the end goes to connect with different people about you know how what it means to them. So that's what I'm looking forward to. That's why I'm doing a meet and greet out here in New York as well. I know it's not a tour, but it's one way that I can still connect with the ones who've been tapped in.
Speaker 1: You can't be doing them Chris round pictures though.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you gotta hit the jam fall.
Speaker 1: No, I know. Is it hard? Like even taking pictures with fans. You gotta be careful too, because you know you got to go home like who is.
Speaker 3: That girl in the picture? Oh yeah, I do one post. I don't you know. I don't touch nobody unless they you know. But I keep it respectful. I don't want to know nothing going on.
Speaker 1: That's good, le stay out of trouble. I like that for you. I would never want to go on media takeout and see Blast laid up look.
Speaker 2: All right, but Labor of Love as you know, it's out right now to make sure y'all check that out and Blast.
Speaker 1: Thank you, so much, for coming through you,