Speaker 1: The NBA eighty two game grind is done and the real fun is begun. The NBA Playoffs are here. It's time for all the high stakes, drama, clutch moments, and jaw dropping plays. The first round was so awesome. Round two is going to be even better. If you're looking to make the playoffs more exciting, Draft Kings sports Book has you covered. As an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Try placing a bet on your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty points, forty points or more your call make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Booto Casino and Resort can is this twenty one plus age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms of responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 3: This is a podcast call twenty five whist stuck in fun fall and they a wir whizz So yeah, it's too bad, But what did you expect? It's a podcast call twenty five whistles twenty wine.
Speaker 1: Wait what Welcome to the show everybody. I just want to say that if you can't do a postgame interview ever, you're not an athlete. So if you're a horse, you're not an athlete. Well you're not. No, the Kentucky Derby is not a sport. That's not sport. If you were making the jockeys famous and it was all about all the horses were even and it's the best jockey, that's not sport. And I get it. It's an event. It's fine, you have a getdressed up in the big old hats. They go out and do the thing. But you can't if you don't even know the concept of a trophy, or if you can't even understand what winning is or speak English, No, because that's not that's racist. No, I mean like speak because other countries play soccer and don't.
Speaker 4: It's because in my mind I was thinking of a horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean speak a language like a human language. Yeah. Again, if you can't hold the trophy, that's not a sport.
Speaker 4: But doesn't the horse train?
Speaker 1: The horse doesn't know what training is or understand the concept of it. The horses gets on runs, So they're like, it takes strategy, It takes incredible discipline. Yeah, from the jockey. But the jockey's not who we're making famous.
Speaker 4: What does the jock even do?
Speaker 1: Rides just rides it, rides the animal. WHI animal for glory?
Speaker 5: He does?
Speaker 1: I think the jockey knows the horse and knows when to open the horse up. I grew up near Oakland Racetrack, so we started going to the races when I was like ten years old. Sneak in. Can't make a bet unless you're eighteen, but you get people to make bets for you as kids. They do it all the time.
Speaker 4: People. Yeah, that's like buying beer, like you don't drink, but you don't know the struggle of like trying to find someone to buy beer for you same.
Speaker 1: Deal, not exactly the same deal. But yes, I feel you. But yeah, I feel like that's not a real sport.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: I think horse racing used to be one of the biggest horse racing in boxing where America is two biggest sports at one point. Yeah, in the black and white days, so everybody gets in little suits. It's a fun event the old day.
Speaker 6: You ever been to the Derby, Kentucky Derby, Yeah, Kentucky Derby got invited a couple times, got invited this year. Really well, it would have been a bad year because yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: They were yeah, flopping through the mund Yeah, but you can't even keep up with them for the season. Everybody acts like it's a sport, Like Golden State in Houston played last night, Like we've been following the Warriors either this year or the last ten years. You know, Steph, you know, Jaymond Green, you know, you know, I'm in Thompson's been awesome.
Speaker 6: Give me Butler, all these guys.
Speaker 1: That's a sport.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 6: Seabiscuit, Yeah, the one because they made a movie about him.
Speaker 1: Well out of here naming people like you know, thunder Britches. We root for him for one race.
Speaker 6: Jason Worth his horse Mohawk something mohawk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: You remember Jason Worth from the Phillies. Yeah, he has a horse now something Mohawk. I bet on him just because of the name Malone and I found out it was Jason Worth a horse, and I was like, perfect, Yeah, I don't win.
Speaker 1: They they didn't even interview the horse. They interviewed the jockey. So then so anyway, that's jipped. Yeah, I think this is not I mean in a NASCAR race, they don't act like the car of the athlete.
Speaker 4: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: So, no, horse racing is not a sport. It also doesn't have a ball. And I think for the most part of sport needs a ball.
Speaker 4: But neither does gymnastics.
Speaker 1: I said, for the most part needs a ball. You didn't get me because I said it for the most part. Again, I think there are sports with that balls, but for the most part, you need a ball to be a sport or the person needs to understand what winning and losing is not just I'm getting hit, so I need to run run faster to get food the line. So golf golf sport, Yeah, right, absolutely, handout coordination ball, you're competing against others, you get a trophy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, extremely difficult.
Speaker 1: Horse racing, well, just being difficult doesn't make it a sport, algebra a sport. Yeah, so I just want to start with that. Okay, I don't even I didn't even watch it. I was listening to a podcast though about how boxing and horse racing used to be America's two biggest sports. I was like, what losers people had to be back then?
Speaker 6: Is boxing a sport in your mind?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Keeping up with a I swear to god, I.
Speaker 4: Said everyone every time there's one without a ball like that.
Speaker 1: But it's like you can keep up with the person wins and losses. We don't know a single one of these horses. There's not a casual that can just jump in because these horses run so little. And again we don't follow them track to track, week to week. It's not a team. They don't represent a city. They don't represent a group of people.
Speaker 4: You think tomorrow, like all of us in here can jump on horse and like right and race.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think you can jump on a horse and ride a running horse and a gallop without going out out out.
Speaker 4: Oh, it would hurt.
Speaker 1: I think you'd have trouble on a rapid gallop. You'd have trouble. Would it change if there was a ball, it's a good point.
Speaker 4: No ball.
Speaker 1: I when I had to do a couple of things, but like I did, break you, Bobby Belles went to Wyoming. I went to Montana sit up there for like four days. I had to reacquaint myself with riding a lot of horses because we were moving. That's the only way to get around.
Speaker 4: That hurts the nuts.
Speaker 1: It hurts well, it hurts the and then we can talk about what we call it the tang.
Speaker 4: Yes, the whole region.
Speaker 1: It hurts that area pretty bad. But even I ride horses as a kid, not like equestrian. That's like rich people's stuff. Like my uncle Rick had some horses and we jump on a bare backs.
Speaker 4: Uncle Rick didn't jump to the bars.
Speaker 1: No, none of that was happening Rick's house. But even then it had to like get it down again because you could easily fall off. We're going to talk to Matt stell In just a little bit, who was at Game seven last night nice, which I watched it this morning on high I watched the highlights, but it was like an extended highlights because I wanted to see as much as possible. It's not like when football does every play crammed in, because that would just be the whole basketball because basketball is not like football football, there's time running while they're not doing anything. Basketball times running, they're playing.
Speaker 4: Back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, but it seemed like the whole time they had two guys on Steff, not just when he had the ball. They were double team to Steff at times when Steff didn't even have the ball. So they shut Steph down. Buddy Hild had Yeah, he went, now I.
Speaker 6: Have nine three pointers, had like twenty three in the first half points.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, but what them being so attached to Steph did was allowed Buddy Hill to actually shoot the ball and made a ton of Shoy Thompson. What I'm just saying, like a Klay Thompson back in the day. Yeah, but Buddy, Buddy Hill is not Clay Toy.
Speaker 4: You know. When we went to the Pacers, though, and we went to their practice facility, there was one player in there shootings three and that was Buddy Heel.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: You don't remember? Yeah, remember that you're lying.
Speaker 1: We talked about when we went we met UH coach Pargo, Gennaro Pargo.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and there Buddy Heel was by himself shooting.
Speaker 6: Before we started filming this. Okay, you're right, Okay, sorry. While we were shooting, I was like, what, don't choose on me?
Speaker 4: A liar?
Speaker 6: I was like, that was us shooting threes?
Speaker 4: And you know what I thought, I'm not kidding. I saw him and I was like, I bet one of these days he's gonna just shine because he's working here when no one.
Speaker 1: He also could have been in their shooting because he didn't show up to practice and the coach is penalizing it. And I don't know that's the case, but that just shows you what stories you can make up in your head. Are we going to call him when he's ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Waiting on him?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Max.
Speaker 4: Still get this. I don't understand. We just saw him on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, and I'll be completely transparent, a boy. This We did I our country festival on Saturday night, and so we left right after the show and flew private home because I have to leave again to go back to Dallas on Tuesday. So I just wanted to get back home to my bed. So we get as soon as Josoe we go to the airport. We get on the plane and Matt's friend of mine, Matt Stell by the way, who has songs like yeah, hold on.
Speaker 7: I've been down to me fish and Dumpty not some multi bees, I've been anywhere.
Speaker 1: But he also had to pray for my melodies on you got it, you got hold on, let me do it this here, pray.
Speaker 7: I've been down there, them gang and names before they a miss.
Speaker 1: I pray for you. That's it. So he's got all these number one songs and he played uh. Earlier in the day Matt's friend. I said, hey, if you want to fly back with us because him and his wife obviously live here. And I said's me Eddie and Amy my wife Morgan number one, who's our manager. Uh, you guys can hop on the plane. He's like, great, we don't get back to like one in the morning, and so as beat by the way, Kevin text me like seven in the morning, we didn't get into I didn't get a bed to like three dude.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: As soon as I said, I was like, wait, what am I doing.
Speaker 1: On a Sunday at seven thirty? Like, hey, man, what if he's a church dude? Just don't get that church is not at seven.
Speaker 6: Thirty and he's getting ready for church seven.
Speaker 1: So still flies back with us. He's like, thanks, man, say later, let's play golf. Whatever goes home. Text me later that day goes, hey, I'm on the way back to the airport. I say, why, goes I'm going to Houston to game seven. I was like, why did you fly home? You could have just driven?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: I don't think he knew he was two hours away, like two half hours. He just could have driven right up to Houston, went to the game. But he landed, flew back, then flew back down to go to game seven.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know, you said Matt still and like, dude, he mightded be played golf on Sunday. He went to the game.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably the last minute deal. That's cool, But I was glad to see that Golden State one. I think the two breakout stars that are now gone, but like, hello, we've arrived, or one K Cunningham with the Pistons and then also like men Thompson's awesome, Like the guy plays defense. Had he not been hurt, I'm not even saying that because he had a calf thing. I'm not even saying they would have won the game. But he played as good at defense as I've seen, Like he was on Steph the whole night. Uh. But yeah, so Twins got still or coming on here? You're gonna call him. He's a relady, all right, go get him on.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Tonight it's the Knicks at Celtics. Well, Kevin Celtics. How did Casey has been here way less than Kevin get known as the Knicks fan went Celtic.
Speaker 4: Champions on the show. I never know who he's rooting for, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Nuggets and Thunder, which is interesting because listen, the Nuggets played hard. Think about the Nuggets. They got to be tired. They went seven games, by the way, they won Game seven pretty easily. Yeah, but after a seven game because but also Harden sucked Game seven. What else is yeah again, Harden's terrible Game sevens Yeah, heard and terrible in the playoffs for the most part. But Oklahoma City and Denver and Oklahoma City Game one, that's the night as well, oh, okay, so he's.
Speaker 5: Gonna run them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Game one, Game one, yeah, I think. Yeah, they just finished playing like an hour ago. Now they're back exactly. Yeah. So and then I have Sovereignty wins the Kentucky Derby at seven to one. Not a sport, although fun.
Speaker 4: Sovereignty is the horse.
Speaker 6: Did you bet it is that you're singing?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 4: No, we couldn't.
Speaker 1: Oh we know, we didn't. Better. I didn't even watch it. The Preakness, the Triple Crown second leg will happen on Saturday, May seventeenth. Okay, is he on?
Speaker 5: Got him?
Speaker 1: Okay? Put him on on with us? Now country music superstar Matt Still. We were telling the story about how you flew with me back to Nashville and then like six hours later you were flying back to Houston, which was literally down the road from where you came from. What happened with that, Well.
Speaker 8: You know, I got the call from one of my buddies that was like, hey, do you want to drop everything and go watch one of the greatest players to ever do it? Uh playing a game seven? And I was like, I absolutely do, And so that just hopped hop back on a plane and head back to Texas.
Speaker 9: And how was how was it to see Buddy Hill the greatest, the greatest bohemian bucket we've ever seen in our in our lives.
Speaker 5: Bro he was balling.
Speaker 1: So just from watching on my computer, it looked like they were doubling Steph all night when he had the ball, obviously, but at times even when he didn't have the ball, I mean, was that very apparent from where you were?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So you know the thing that we noticed is that even even when Steph was like out of the play, you know, there was there.
Speaker 5: Was no space given to him.
Speaker 8: And and this and this time of year, you know, basketball gets gets like they don't call near as many fouls and and you know a lot of times that's a good way, but man, Steph has to fight off the ball because he's also you know a lot of these other guards that get buckets like Steph does, they start with the ball in their hand.
Speaker 5: Where Steph and the Warriors, you know, they run.
Speaker 8: Action for him, so like he's he is always moving coming off screens, trying to get open that way. But man, anytime that anytime he even came close to the ball, there was at least one guy on him.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, What did you think about I'm in Thompson last night was saying one person, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, he's just he's athletic in that in that next he's athletic among athletic people.
Speaker 5: Man, It's like he reminds me.
Speaker 8: Some people say, you know, he's got some Westbrook in terms of just pure athleticism, and I get that that is toping athleticisms like that.
Speaker 5: But I tell you who he.
Speaker 8: Really reminds me of more right now is a bigger John Wall. Like he John Wall had had had that burst and the elite athleticism, but he's also smooth with it in a way that sometimes Russ is just like so explosive to a fault.
Speaker 5: And that's kind of what what he looks like to me. That that would be my.
Speaker 1: John Wall is also a lot longer, and it seems like the Thompson twins are both a lot longer than like a Russ.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean they're big. I mean they're they're both they're they're huge, guy. Yeah, absolutely, they're they're playing you know, they can they can play the two, and that's another thing about you know, they can play one through three. Really, he could probably guard bigger than that, depending.
Speaker 5: On who it was.
Speaker 8: But that's the thing about Houston, man, they can switch. You know, Tari Easton can switch on the steff. You know, Fred van Vliet can switch on to stuff. And then obviously you know Thomson with the primary defender. Like that's another reason that makes it really tough with those guys. But yeah, man, it was. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: What was a vibe like last night in the arena, pre middle end, at the end.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you know, early early on. You know, I've been to.
Speaker 8: A few games in Houston at this point, and Houston is a great is a great city. I would probably say that basketball is their probably third favorite sport, uh there because a lot of times you'll go to Toyota Set and it'll be you know people, it'll be full, but but people are not in a rush to get there for tip. But that was not the case last night. Man, everybody was was in there, they were locked in. I think, uh, I think you could kind of early on it felt like it felt like Houston really would have something for him because the Warriors were shooting really well and and we're only.
Speaker 5: Up a few points.
Speaker 8: But uh, but man, it kind of came back to bottom that they don't have one of those go get a bucket guys yet. You know Am and Thomas have played great, but he's not quite where you can just like hand him the ball and him go get a bucket.
Speaker 1: Were you rooting for Golden State?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 5: I guess I was.
Speaker 8: You know, I was there just to be one hundred percent honest, Like one of my one of my buddies is his buddies was Steph and that's kind of how we got there and got the tickets. So yeah, man, I was pulling for the Warriors last night, not only because of uh, because of that, but man, like you know, it's easy to take some of these guys for granted. You know that are that are getting because you know all of these, all these superstars played for so long, you know, Tom Brady, Lebron and and you know Steps you know not so many years behind, you know, behind Lebron.
Speaker 5: You don't know how many, how many of these games you're gonna.
Speaker 8: Get, so to to watch the to watch the like grizzled Veterans go up against this upstart super athletic squad, well coached, tough, you know, hard nosed team. Uh, I guess I was kind of rooting for Uh, I was kind of rooting for Golden State.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you get to meet Steph after the game?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Man, I yeah, yeah, I say what's up before the game?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 8: I'll send you, hey, I will send you a link to like a Twitter link of a video that like we were there at his shooting around. We were sitting on the bench and uh and then my buddy Will knows him and uh and and actually threw threw him past sort of, uh, make his last three.
Speaker 5: So I'll send you the video.
Speaker 1: No way, So after the game, do you go back go back in the locker room away?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, he you know this game said, hey, they've got to play in forty eight hours. So it's not like it's it's not like they were all they were so pumped to win. But you know, Steph had his wife and kids there and I think his mom was there too, So he's got his guy, his like security, like a number one dude. Yusuf is kind of the the one that took care of us last night.
Speaker 5: So we could get down there a little bit. So shout out to him.
Speaker 1: But how'd you get home?
Speaker 5: But yeah, man, that's good. I got home the old fashioned way.
Speaker 8: Hey, you remember that flight that I that I canceled to fly home with you. Yeah, I just repurposed that thing to get home, to get home from.
Speaker 5: Houston, Texas.
Speaker 4: See that was meant to be then, So this.
Speaker 1: Morning you got home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in Nashville right now.
Speaker 8: I'm over here trying to write a song, trying to rhyme girling truck together.
Speaker 1: But all right, I'll let you go do that. Thanks for the story. Talk to you soon, all boys, All right, he's the best. He's fair.
Speaker 4: No, dude, he's so funny to me.
Speaker 5: He is. He's fair.
Speaker 4: Like, how was he in the cockpit of that plate?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: He kept going to the pilots. He like got their iPad and wanted to see like how to land? He was like a nine year old what do you do? Yeah? What do you do here? What do you do here? So yeah, yeah, there's Matt Stow. You guys go follow him on socials and stuff. I don't even know what he's doing. Bill Belichick, talk about him for a second.
Speaker 4: What about it?
Speaker 1: The story where his girl supposedly, because now anybody that has any story knows they're going to get a little cloud they say anything about it, they have any sort of inside information. And somebody was talking about how she forced her way into the Dunk and Donuts Super Bowl commercial. She wasn't really supposed to be a part of it. Oh and because she's running all of his empire now that she insisted she being the commercial, it wasn't like the creative that was already.
Speaker 10: After watching it in that light, now it's it's very different.
Speaker 1: She seemed forced in a little bit. Bill Belichick has found himself in the news recently for some unexpected reasons. I'm gonna read this from Larry Brown Sports and the legend coach. Maybe looking for some help in that department. Apparently he's looking for a new PR like just in general, to help with a bad PR for her being his PR, so.
Speaker 4: She can't get a MODR for the PR.
Speaker 1: No, she's still the same, but they need someone to fix the image of what they're doing.
Speaker 6: You can't demote her, so he's.
Speaker 1: Belichick has had conversations with at least one public relations specialist in recent months. One PR expert that Belichick has spoken with is a former Chicago Bears vice president of communications. Belichick has not formally hired anyone. One goal would be to boost a tour for his upcoming book, The Art of Winning, And then it goes on talks about what happened on the CBS Morning Show and how she was a constant presence during the interview. One recent report claimed that North Carolina is concerned about Belichick's relationship with Hudson, as she appears to be operating as his manager in addition to his girlfriend. So some people are going, who cares if she's his manager? And right, it's his right and it's not even an age thing or a girlfriend thing. She has no experience being a manager of such a successful, famous, such a dependent because there's so many people depending on his success to work under him and with him, the university that works alongside him, and now she's managing that, it could hurt a lot of other people. So Belichick apparently is looking for someone to help manage the PR that he's gotten from his bad PR that she's created. What a mess, It's a mess.
Speaker 4: What would what would you do? Like, what would be the first thing you would do if you got that job?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Are you saying if I got to be king of that job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I understand there are probably some there's some nuance to that which would be very sensitive about their relationship. But if you're like you get to be king, we'll do whatever you say. Eliminate her from any narrative. She doesn't exist anymore. She could be your girlfriend of pictures and go to stuff, but you got your girlfriend being your manager, which it doesn't matter even if there's not an age difference. That can be weird that it's a dynamic, like if my wife was up here producing the show, or like telling Scuba Steve like, don't that's that's publicly that's weird, right, yeah, and people can be resentful of that, and people as your wife ever ran a syndicated radio show, No, no, no, So I would but give her a chance.
Speaker 4: She's good.
Speaker 1: I would pull any way for anyone to see she's doing any of that at all, whatsoever. So you got to remove her.
Speaker 4: I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: And the problem is, but he's not going to or he would have already.
Speaker 4: And whoever gets that job you think they can say that, Well, you asked me what I would know. I know and accept it.
Speaker 1: No, because what I would say is, if I'm really going in, I'm going Hey, how do we limit the negativity that comes from whenever both of you do something in the press that's out of your control, because then you're saying the same thing, but now you're saying it in a way that it's not their fault. It's out of their control. People are going to do this. But how do we make sure it's not as bad as it has been it's all going to be, and how sensitive they are with it? And will they be able to remove her totally? No, because he wants her there. The fact that and again this is just a story, the fact that she wears his Super Bowl membilia and makes it like crop tops and wears it to bed and.
Speaker 4: Stuff he does, game warn stuff crazy.
Speaker 1: This is like Yoko Ono level a bit or Yeah, I mean the elder abuse thing was always funny, funny, but now you're starting to wonder, like, what's happening here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Because I don't think it's elder abuse. I think he knows, but also he's in his seventies and I think he likes what. I think he likes it. Yeah, but I also think I don't think he's getting it's getting to him how toxic it is for him. Because they talk about how he's never online. He doesn't go online. He doesn't see a lot of the stuff. So if he's never online, he doesn't see all the toxicity that's happening from this, and it's only coming from other people to him, and people going to him a lot of the times aren't going to say how they really feel. Because the Emperor wears no clothes, he's not he doesn't really have an understanding of it. I think this interview probably opened that door to, oh, this is actually a lot bigger than I think. Yeah, and he's had to reevaluate, and his evaluation might be now, I'm good with it. It could be that, but he's had to probably if not reevaluate for the first time what's happening to him publicly, which could also hurt recruiting or be a little staying at North Carolina football. It could be the main story at Carolina football. If they're losing, it's probably going to be her fault.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, even I and.
Speaker 1: If he loves her, you don't want that for the person you love to have to take the blame if the program's losing, because it's not going to be her fault, probably, but it will be to everybody in the media because they'll go well, obviously they're losing. Look at the distraction to the head coach. Not fair, But what about the media is.
Speaker 4: And I bet he does love her very very much. I'm sure he does. I'm serious. I don't know if he loves him, but he loves.
Speaker 1: They can't even go jogging together. How far can he run before he gets tired?
Speaker 4: The point yeah, point drive away. He'd be like, just go, I'll meet you at home. I turn around. I thought you're done, I'll be home. But it's more like it's like.
Speaker 1: Later, like he wants to watch gun smoke, she wants to watch.
Speaker 4: They agree on the house.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't even think he has any saying anything with her. What I like, I don't even care. Whatever you're saying he doesn't have. You're not saying he doesn't have say you're saying he doesn't want to say. Yeah, he doesn't care enough to have to say, to have an argument or to He just lets her do whatever.
Speaker 5: The hell she wants.
Speaker 1: Obviously that's what's happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then it's reached now to the point of his professional career and everything where it's like and then to your point now he's seeing the ramifications of it where he's like, oh, maybe this has gone too far.
Speaker 1: Actually he's gone from the constructions in any way.
Speaker 6: That's the crazy part. Imagine being like a former player and be like, wait, I got like fine for this, or I got traded for this, and you're out here doing this with a twenty something year old girl. That's crazy and.
Speaker 1: That that's okay to do something like that with the twenty seven year old girl. But the pr part of it is a big part of being the head coach of a Power five school, especially a school that probably has the best colors in collegiate sports.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean that's my favorite color, but that North Carolina blue is pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Blues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's literally Carolina blue. It's not baby blue. I think it's I think it's its own official Like on the wheel has a number, I think it's Carolina blue. You keep liking certain little things like maybe blue a ball, but you're wrong again like technicality, Yeah, yeah, why do you be in that guy today?
Speaker 4: I was just trying to picture a crayon and mean, like, I've never seen Carolina.
Speaker 1: Blue, baby blue? What do you say kran you say it, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 6: No, you said like cray yawn, I say crazy. I've heard that's like two words.
Speaker 10: I've heard people say crown.
Speaker 5: I don't know crown.
Speaker 1: I could accept crayon, being that you're not from the South. Yeah, it's weird that you say crayon. Yeah, maybe maybe detective from you Hillbilly. The NBA eighty two game grind is done, and now the fund's here. I'm talking about the NBA playoffs, all the high stakes drama, clutch moments, jaw dropping plays, and if you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, DraftKings sports Book, as you covered as an official sports betting partner of the NBA, try placing a bet on your favorite player's performance. You do points, will they drop thirty points, forty points or more? It is your call. Something special for first timers. New Draft Kings customers bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. When you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem call one hundred. Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven to seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on how Booto Casino and Resort, Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 1: So Jim Harbaugh says that the Kicker job with the Ravens, it has to be John Harbal.
Speaker 6: I say, John, Jim, you said, Jim, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna preck to you though, John, thank you.
Speaker 1: Technicality it starts, this is horriball got Harball's right, John says, the Kicker job we based solely on football, Yeah right.
Speaker 4: What like what is it like there's problems?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does the greatest kicker ever. You're talking about.
Speaker 1: The Justin Tucker massage parlor problem. Yeah, so I'll read you this. At the end of the month. The Baltimore Ravens from ESPN could be facing a situation in which kicker Justin Tucker shares the field with his potential successor, Tyler Loop. They drafted Loop as which you don't often draft a kicker unless you plan to start the kicker. I didn't catch that, especially if you draft them not in round seven. Yeah, asked how the Ravens would handle the dynamic of Tucker and Luke being in the same building.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 1: Every decision we make has to be based on football. There are a lot of layers to that. You got a rookie kicker, and here you took them in the early sixth round. He's a talented guy from a football standpoint, salary, cap all different things. You have to take that into consideration. In the off season, Tucker has been accused by sixteen massage therapists of inappropriate behavior, including sexual misconduct. According to The Baltimore Banner, he has twice publicly disputed the allegations. I'm gonna need at least sixteen disputes. So I'll be honest with you. If there are sixteen massage therapists, I'm going to need sixteen individual disputes.
Speaker 4: Twenty wouldn't hurt either.
Speaker 1: Does that mean fourteen or non disputed? Exactly? Yeah, Oh my gosh, sixteen that is that's a bad number, and not the number sixteen itself, and then number one is a bad number. When it comes to this, I could see someone lying and using it to make money in an unfair way, or a couple people. When it gets up there to like four or five, seven, sixteen, you're going, man, that's a lot of lion Yeah, by a lot of people if they're lit. So you go, well, since there's that many, I probably tend to believe that something so good. I know Tucker's been at the Ravens facility the last couple weeks, kicking and working out. I wonder what the other players they look at him, like, Oh boy, does anyone say anything? They may take a picture with them, you know, taking pictures of camp. You probably don't go post on Instagram me and my boy talk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nope, you crop them out.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Teams officials wouldn't say that they'd make a determination on Tucker until the NFL had finished investigation. I agree, investigate it fully. A month later, the Ravens drafted a kicker for the first time in franchise history. Tucker thirty five is the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but he's coming off the worst season of his thirteen year career. He missed ten total kicks. Do we think that was because he knew it was all coming out?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, that Metal game nails he was so good. Yes, and I agree it probably was because he knew what was coming. He is also getting older, but I still think it's probably, Oh God, any any day this could come out.
Speaker 4: And now Joe Buck and Aikman can relax. It wasn't them jinks in his kicks.
Speaker 1: True, they do love when they miss it after they say he's never missed all that was probably on me. So yeah, justin Tucker's in the news.
Speaker 10: Well, they've already seen the Deshaun Watson stuff play out, so I can't imagine the Ravens let it play out that long.
Speaker 1: You know, Deshaun Watson did play again though he did, right, he did, because they settled. All is all settled, nothing criminal. So but Also, a kicker is not a quarterback, and you have the money committed to a kicker that you do a quarterback, and the money's not all guaranteed with the kicker. That Brown situation, in many ways was an anomaly because they shouldn't have given him all the money up front. That'll never happen again. He run that for the future for the next twenty years of.
Speaker 6: Anybody doing that, every other quarterback is pissed.
Speaker 1: Yes, when every other owner was pissed at first, because had Deshaun Watson been good, that then set the standard for what everybody else was going to have to do to get a free agent quarterback. But now all the owners like, thank god Deshaun Watson's a bad person, because they never have to do that now. So I don't think Justin Tucker will be with the team when it starts. If I'm just guessing, if I'm rolling the dice, I.
Speaker 6: Think Belichick might need to get the pr team from the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe they're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: I almost got a hold of one.
Speaker 4: What not.
Speaker 1: Well, so I'm blind, which makes it even more impressive. That's true. Well, I can see the ball in front of me. But since when I hit the ball up, A lot of times I can't see it, and so I'll be like, did you see it? If I hit it right down the middle? A lot of times if the weather's good, I can see it. But that doesn't happen a lot. Both don't hit it down the middle a lot and then weather's not always great, So a lot of times I'm just like, hey, you see where the ball went. I need to get one of those like at a crosswalk for blind people.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so we're playing a part three at this work event we went to. I've never hit a hole in one and I hit it. It's part three, like one fifty five or something, and the three guys I'm playing with start jumping up and down. I knew it felt good, and they're going, oh jumping up Down'm like, what happened? Oh what happened? I thought it hit somebody or a hole in one, one of the two and you've done that before. Yeah, I have hit somebody. Yeah, And so I'm like, oh my god. And then they go because there was a hill and they were like they all thought it was going in and it rolled past the hole by about two or three feet.
Speaker 6: But you didn't, but you couldn't clearly see it.
Speaker 1: I never saw anything. All I saw was them jump up and down.
Speaker 6: But did they even see it at the end or no? Because of the hills.
Speaker 1: They saw it roll right toward the hole and then it kind of went over the hill, so in their mind it wasn't for sure in, but they up because it was go it was tracking to go in. Then they lost it and then they were like, well, now we don't know, but it could be in the hole. And then you get up there, you drive up and you're looking and when you get to that that level in the elevation where then you see the ball, you're like, oh, but good news. I missed a birdie putt.
Speaker 4: That's golf.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say that, that sums it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed missed the birdie put there.
Speaker 4: So you said, you the ball I went past the hole about three feet.
Speaker 1: It rolled like not straight on. You saw the ball mark about three feet right in front of the hole, because that's what they wanted to see where it was right on it, and so it hit and just because it just kind of rolled to the right. Yeah, yeah, I missed that BIRDI putt. That's pretty cool. I thought it for like five seconds. I was like, wow, I think I got a hold on one, but I never saw the ball in the air.
Speaker 4: Is that the closest you ever been to hole one?
Speaker 1: No, I've been probably three inches from one.
Speaker 5: Befo.
Speaker 4: Oh see that is Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know until I got up there. This one I thought it was because they were all jumping up and down. Thought there was a chance. The one I was really close to, I didn't think it was a chance, and I got up and I was like, oh my god, that I almost went in. That second one was more fun, the one I'm talking about back in the day or three years ago, because I never thought it was going in. Then I get up and it was so close. I'm like wow. The first one was a little further off the hole when I got there, but I thought there was a chance. So there was disappointment involved.
Speaker 6: Are you like, what is it mentally selling yourself like there's no way, no way, just so you could be like what if it happens though, like the reverse psychology? There you go, That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: I didn't even start walking. I didn't even start recording on my phone. So I didn't believe for a second. And maybe I'm just keeping the like super non jinks. But I didn't. But if I think there's a chance of it, I'll record on my phone going up to it. I didn't turn my phone on.
Speaker 4: There's there's always that time too, where you like, you think it's a home one that's hidden, and you go up and you don't see the ball in the green.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, tis maybe it went in and you go and you slowly walk up to the hole. You're like, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 6: Oh no, then you gotta find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sucked. So yeah, that's what's up. The NBA eighty two game grind is done and the real fun is begun. The NBA Playoffs are here. It's time for all the high stakes drama, clutch moments, and jaw dropping plays. The first round was so awesome. Round two is gonna be even better. If you're looking to make the playoffs more exciting, Draft Kings Sports Book has you covered as an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Try placing a bet on your favorite player's performance. Well, they drop thirty points forty points or more. Your call make it a playoff run to remember. With Draft Kings, download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Booto Casino and Resort, Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario, New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms of responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 1: Anytime about the guy you said the NFL player had the normal job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw a tweet or something and it was this NFL guy who plays for the Titans. Now his name's Xavier Woods and the headline was Xavier Woods, NFL player has side job. And I'm like, okay, let me click this, and yeah, yeah, he gets paid a lot of money in the NFL, but he also says that he makes smoothies on the side something. This guy work at Smoothieking or something. And so I think I got clickbaited. I clicked the same article, did you. Yeah, he owns a bunch of them, yes, yeah, and maybe once in a while he goes in there and makes a smoothie or two. But I thought this guy had a part time job while he's the NFL, and like that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole story was he has a second job, but he really runs the business. But he's like super smart for investing his money. I don't think he makes a ton of money. He may look up a salary. I don't think he's making like ten million a year.
Speaker 4: I think he had just sound like a five million for the Titans one year contract year.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the whole thing was not all athletes waste their money. Some invest Yeah, what's an article, But what's to do.
Speaker 6: Right a two year, eight million dollar contract?
Speaker 3: OK?
Speaker 4: So a little off on that.
Speaker 1: No, you could have, correct, I just likely check it out. You know, four million a year. Hey, pretty good money. Get it if you can get it. Yeah, speaking of money, I was looking in my credit card points, which I've never used a single credit card point.
Speaker 4: Dude, you're balling like you've got to have so many?
Speaker 1: Well, hold, I've known that I've had them, but I'm always like, I want to save them for a rainy day. But I've been saving for rainy day for like seven years, and so I don't even do the let me see what it could buy me. I just see the points, and I don't really do the Well, if I did use them, what could I get? And so are all points different? Meaning if you have one hundred points, it's not the same as one hundred points for another company? Correct, Like do you know like?
Speaker 4: Correct? Because I have an American Express and then I also have like a regular capital want.
Speaker 1: When you log into an American Express, do you know you're logging?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I have to call my wife for that.
Speaker 1: Text her and ask how many points you have? Okay, what you know? What you respond in the next few minutes? Yeah, okay, text, maybe I'll log into it.
Speaker 10: Man, I have the information he has.
Speaker 1: We all have our stupid read pictures up too. Oh yeah, mine's in my well, you're you're on Amy's desk, so you can't really can do that.
Speaker 6: It's on my backpack.
Speaker 1: I really thought Reid got us a nice gift because it was like he like a week prior, is like, I like to get some time to give you guys your gifts.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, the guy went out of amping us up.
Speaker 1: But I got surprise for you guys, and it's all just a picture of him. But it's sitting here.
Speaker 4: My wife responds, not many, hold.
Speaker 1: On, I'm just curious because I'll anybody else have American Express.
Speaker 11: I have a Chase Sapphire and those points. I can transfer to any airline and it's like one to one. But I also have like a Southwest car that's like only for Southwest, and I think like the conversion for that's different.
Speaker 4: But but with American Express you can buy golf clubs. You can there's a catalog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I just looked at the catalog. Let's go, But I'm curious as to let's gool Like it's your eight she said, eight thousand.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a lot.
Speaker 11: It's kind of low.
Speaker 1: Actually, i'll tell you. I will tell you how many I have. But let me see. I'll tell you what eight thousand can get you, though, because I think it tells him.
Speaker 4: I pretty good though, that's what I think she says.
Speaker 10: Not good.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, boom, we gotta This is not a commercial, by the way, I don't think American Express does anything with us.
Speaker 4: No, nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: On the contrary, that call whenever I use it and I'm out of town and tell my wife you know your husband's in Vegas using your residen, Well, how are you thinking that too much?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have you, I'm saying on this show, oh, this show, yeah show, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I use obviously, I use American Express because I'm looking at my points here, Eddie. I can just show you my points too, if you'd like to see.
Speaker 4: I would love to see.
Speaker 1: Well, not yet yet, I want to do I want to see how much how much you can get? So how many points do you have?
Speaker 4: Eight thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you have eight thousand points you can get that's worth forty eight dollars? Right, you do it? Did you do that?
Speaker 10: I was just looking ten thousand points can get you seventy dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeay, and that's what my wife said, is not much. It's like thirty thousand for round trip.
Speaker 1: Do you want to see how many points I have?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Can we guess, but you're going to guess over the problem with that is it minimizes it not be like not your fault, right, and if I move and I'm like, well now, well now it's not even interesting.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: Can I see it?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 4: Come on? Now that I know that what was it was mine eight thousand.
Speaker 1: I'll text you a screenshot because I haven't thought about what I want. I just my point is I actually just use them instead of waiting for a rainy day.
Speaker 4: Right, you've waited.
Speaker 1: I've waited forever and.
Speaker 4: It's rained a lot of days raining. Now it's raining.
Speaker 1: I texted it to you. There it is.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 10: I.
Speaker 5: Saw it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Like if you would have guess five million it, I've been right.
Speaker 2: Really, you you could go to mars By that company you buy five million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right at five million, like four million, almost four million, nine hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Dude, You're probably the topic of conversations some of their board meetings, Like guys we have problem. We have this guy who's never uses he could buy us out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should use them though, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean if you want to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But then it becomes like how long can I go?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does start to be a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you do like games.
Speaker 1: I do like like holding out in bits. Okay, so what if I do? Let me see what this is worth though, because I can type that in yep, you already look it up. Yeah, so what do you what's worth? Cash wise? It harready get cash.
Speaker 10: I'd say it's right at ninety thousand dollars two million, two millions, forty four thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well if two millions forty four thousand, oh you're four point eight Yeah, I'm like four point nine basically, Okay, I would just round it up to five. Okay, five million. Let's just.
Speaker 10: Try and try and hang it.
Speaker 1: Let me get out my daddy guy over here.
Speaker 4: There's crunch. He's crunching the numbers. Everybody's crunching the numbers.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it says it's like between ninety and ninety five thousand.
Speaker 4: Basically, let's say ninety grand Do this crazy?
Speaker 1: They have you have the catalog? Yes, but the problem is with the catalog is you can get gift cards to all these places, but they only come like one hundred dollars at a time, so you got to buy like the multiple hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 4: And again, they probably made that rule because of you.
Speaker 1: They're sitting in a board right now, but we can't let this guy. He's gonna have one. He's gonna buy all our golf clubs. He's gonna buy a seat on the board.
Speaker 4: My points, How did this guy get here?
Speaker 1: Rewards?
Speaker 6: It's like a giveaway.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, dude, congrats, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what to do with them because I can read you some of the places that I can get, uh, like the points from.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you've ever been a Bolli before?
Speaker 1: So they had even like straight American Express gift cards, right, and that's just wherever because everybody takes that American Express gift card r Yeah yeah kind of.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: I've had problems like buying shoes, like on a website, like.
Speaker 1: They just have an update and I don't want that. You don't want this see update good or bad news. If it's bad news, I want it. It's good news, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 10: It could be worth up to one hundred and ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good news. Yeah, you know what, you guys gonna have it. Whoa, it's nice.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask, but I didn't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to ask. You text me at seven thirty on Sunday. You're out. Yeah, that's fair, that's fair, you're out of here. Uh yeah. So I don't know what to do because I don't want to hold Once I did a whole bunch of Amazon cards and they got sent to me and somebody had seen them in the mail and taken all the codes off them. So I got all these dead Amazon cards, who like two or three thousand dollars in Amazon cards because they were like one hundred bucks apiece and someone had opened it, stolen all the codes, used them all. By the time I got them, they were empty. And so I called the play and they said, no, they're empty. We we're not falling, we're not gonna scam us, so we're not gonna give you any more card. So I just out the money. That's a terrible it is a terrible story. Yeah, yeah, sorry about your eight eight thousand, Like.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. When my wife responded like that not a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry about your eight thousands. Okay, then I think that's it. Thank you guys for being here hanging out. It's a weird sports time where we have talk about horses and complaining about horses.
Speaker 4: Did you see Scottie Scheffler though, Like, I think I shot like thirty five under or something. Fuck, it's crazy, doesn't home course?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Well maybe, but that's the first time they've ever played the Byron Nelson there, so I don't know. And he lives there, you know, he lives in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Maybe that that's just his hometown.
Speaker 4: Still, dude, thirty five under, like, that's I've never seen that before on the on the board.
Speaker 5: I saw him at eighteen.
Speaker 6: He got all the way down to thirty five.
Speaker 1: Let's fact check that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's in the thirties. Maybe he like had a couple of bogies.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, minus thirty one set you a good thing. Technicality, take Caroline of Blue technicality. Let me look at that real quick.
Speaker 4: I know at one point he was thirty five hundred.
Speaker 6: Dang, and then he's got bored, you know, dude, boge.
Speaker 1: Here there it's Carolina blue.
Speaker 6: But I bet he didn't almost get a hole in one.
Speaker 4: I bet I bet he did.
Speaker 1: He probably did like five times, those guys always Carolina blue is a specific shade of blue and it has its own like number color code. Oh, Walmart, it's really nice. Yeah when you get painted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know how many people probably have rooms in the houses painted Carolina blue.
Speaker 1: It is pantone five point forty two is protected by US trademark law. Dang, so not quite baby blue technicality.
Speaker 5: You were right.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying yea. All right, thank you guys. We will see you guys later on this week. All right Byebody who Whistle? Everybody? Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music.
Speaker 12: You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at, producer Reddy, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro.
Speaker 1: But most importantly, thank you for listening. Im Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five Whistles