Speaker 1: All right, Sauce on the side, we have another fan favorite episode. I'm gonna that's what I'm gonna call these episodes when it's just you and me, or you me and Andrew, or you me Andrew and Josh. Oh god, very rare that last one.
Speaker 2: But if it is that people want them to like those episodes, it's a lot of pressure, is it. So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think there's any pressure at all, because either we have a guest and I get to have fun and learn something about them, or it's you guys and it's super easy.
Speaker 2: Because we just do what we do. Okay, no for you, fine, no herring fun fan favorite episode, I'm like, oh god, what.
Speaker 1: Would you like me to call it instead? And also, that's like so egotistical to say it's a fan favorite. I don't know if it's actually a fan favorite. I'm just gonna say it from from now.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just here, Okay, Hey, it's Sauce on the side. Diamond is just here. We have to work on your hype skills, Okay. I thought I was bad until I met you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Hi, one promo that we did for it, Remember I was making a video and I was like, hey, we have a new episode of Very Excited. You're like, it's okay, Yeah, keep the.
Speaker 2: Bar kind of like relatively low so that we over deliver.
Speaker 1: I wholeheartedly agree with that. Always set the bar low so that you are always impressing people, for sure. So I asked you before this episode started, is there's something on your mind? And you made a face, so obviously something is on your mind. We still have a couple ask me any things that I thought.
Speaker 2: Were really good.
Speaker 1: And we have not done the burn Book in so long that I think you need to while you're also speaking and doing this podcast, try and think of somebody who is on your list on my list, okay, I feel like your list is long and always growing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, okay, there are a lot of people, a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we haven't done this since so long. It could be okay, I can't wait to hear it. Okay, First, my question for you, did we catch up after your sister's wedding and ever address.
Speaker 2: Ith no in the podcast? How well it was amazing? Ten out of ten. Someone said that it was the most thoughtful wedding that they'd ever been to, And I think that that was the perfect way to describe it. She thought about every My sister thought about everything, like she knew that she was. I mean, it was kind of a destination wedding, even though it was in Philadelphia, which is like kind of local for a lot of people, but nobody lives nobody that went to the wedding lives in the state of Pennsylvania, so we all traveled there, and she made sure that she made people feel special. It was great, amazing, And your speech it was cool. The speech was okay. Someone laughed at a part that I wasn't necessarily expecting them to laugh at, so it kind of threw me off because it was about to get to like a very sentimental moment and I was like, oh great, and it kind of like stopped me in my tracks. But other than that, it was cool.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, again a very underselly way to sell it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. I mean, the speech was okay, But the wedding ten out of ten. Honestly, I say ten out of ten all the time. But it was really really good. Oh my god. The food, too much food. The cocktail hour was like just a row of like food. It was a lot. The groom is like a foodie.
Speaker 1: Any part of you, does any part of you think that you're biased, Because as you were saying all those things, I was like, oh, you know what, I think my sister's wedding was the most thoughtful wedding I've ever been to. Probably it's my sister, So I'm clearly coming at it from quite an angle.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess, so, I mean, yeah, probably, but I don't know. I think my sister's just amazing. So I'm like always gonna gass her up. I'm like, girl, that you did your thing. It come on, that's a lot. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hype my sister up too, especially because she doesn't listen to this podcast, so she's never gonna hear it. But her wedding was also really incredible. She made it a point. She is very much a person who hates being the center of attention, and I swear I think the only reason she even did it this way was to like appease my parents so that they had something for one of us. It's so compacity. So she did like a big Indian wedding, but she did sort of an abridged, like shortened version of it, so we didn't. Nobody made anyone stay for days and days. But instead of it all being about her and her and my brother in law standing up there in front of everyone, they had all of their married couple friends who they were really close with get up and give a piece of advice to the Oh. I love that, and it highlighted everyone else except for them. I love the whole ceremony. They did the little traditional things that they had to, but I know she was squirming through all of it. She didn't want to do.
Speaker 2: It, but it was really the way that they did It was very sweet. My sister did something like she thought about the people who were married. She did like a not a collage, I don't want to call it a poster board, but it was like this like stand and it had like pictures of everyone in our family who was married. I almost said within the past few years, but that's not true because my grandparents were on it. So like it was like a whole bunch of wedding pictures and stuff. Well happens in not divorced.
Speaker 1: They just get left off.
Speaker 2: They weren't on it. Somebody and we did get divorced in there, and I was like, where is Oh, never mind. Nope, there were out at.
Speaker 1: Your big family holidays like Thanksgiving. Yeah, do you have enough room for everybody to sit at the same table or is there a kid's table?
Speaker 2: So there was a kid's table. Now there are no longer any kids, but my grandmother usually doesn't sit at the table with us, and she does like a little side table with whoever she decides to gossip with that day. Okay, so it's not a kid's table. I call it a grandma table. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about someone shading you using their grandma the other day?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's another Okay, that's another person in the early Oh oh oh oh, they're number one on my list. Okay, let's talk about it. What happened? So I was working over the weekend and someone who I guess a colleague of ours who's not normally here, was here over the weekend and he came into the studio. First things first, he did something before Okay, first things first, he walks in, he says hello. I'm like, hey, how are you? He never he has never spoken to me before. We've seen each other numerous times. So the fact that he came in and said said hello was like okay, cool, neutral ground, right. He looks at my sweater and he goes, oh, I like that sweater probably costs like four thousand dollars. And I was like, okay, like no, not true, but all right, great, No, I don't well the sweater it was an essential hoodie and it's like the nit one, which is like the warmest thing I have in my closet. I love that sweater, but like, shut up anyway. So I was like kind of tacky, but okay whatever. He comes back a few hours later and he's like, I like this bag and I was like, oh, thank you. And before I could get into the fact that like it's a black designer whatever, he's like, oh, maybe I'll buy one for my grandmother. Oh, And I was like, oh, bitch, you queen, Like that's all I could think of in my head, Like you know how somebody shade you and it's like there are other people around and nobody catches it, and so you're like, I'm like, am I gonna be the person who starts an issue or like bring something up in front of people, or am I just gonna like I'm like whatever, hole, let's see what I really want to say. Oh, what I really want to say. I'm happy that I that whole came out because I really want to call people a whore like you fucking horror.
Speaker 1: I wholeheartedly support that in that specific scenario.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I find gay men to have some of the funniest insults of all time. Yes, and they do such a good job of guising it as though it's not really insulting. So my parents have these friends who I'm convinced that their son, and he's quite young. Yeah, I'm convinced he's gay.
Speaker 2: Okay, I keep it to myself.
Speaker 1: I don't say anything about it because it's none of my business.
Speaker 2: What do I care?
Speaker 1: Cool, live your life, dude. But nobody else clearly thinks the same thing. And they were talking about how he says really rude things to people about like you don't wear pants with a print and you can only wear a print on the shirt. And I'm like, yeah, gay, Okay, what little ten or eleven year old however old he is, is running around saying that stuff? But okay, cool, maybe just really in a fashion again, it doesn't matter. Then they were talking about how he was insulting his mom's feet.
Speaker 2: Oh, but the way he said it.
Speaker 1: Was I'm so sorry God didn't give you nice looking feet, And I was like, if that's not an insult on a gay man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What that is a queen if I've ever seen one. Okay, listen, my thing is what I don't I just don't understand, like why, like why do you have to why? Like what I think his grandma would like to have fuck him and his grandma Like that pissed me off so bad because it's like the more I think about it after the fact that I'm like, I should have been like, oh caught it. I caught it, babe. It was received. I get it. I get what you're doing. That's cute. That's cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like, so he didn't sing you enough on the first round.
Speaker 2: He circled back.
Speaker 1: And zing to you again.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, but like, do we really want to get into it? Do we really want to get into it? Babes? Please with that nose ring that is misplaced? Please please?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I was gonna say, do you want to name names? But I think anybody who does enough digging will figure it out for themselves. Cheers to them, Cheers to them. So that man is in your burn brock. What was on your mind? When I said, Hey, do you have anything on your mind?
Speaker 2: What was it? Oh? For the first time ever, I contributed to Thanksgiving in an actual way, so like everybody knows that. Like whenever there's a dinner party or something like that where people are expected to cook, I'm always like, yeah, I bring the vibes, like I don't brand, no, you know whatever?
Speaker 1: Same Yeah.
Speaker 2: See I made a full roasted chicken. Wow where he gets a recipe? Oh, I just did it myself. I put it together. What do you mean you put it?
Speaker 1: You didn't look anywhere for.
Speaker 2: Any type of chicken, No, just seasoning in vibes, So I did. Don't judge me. I don't want anyone talking about the salt intake. Okay, anyway I did. Is it like all all all spice, no all purpose okay, all purpose seasoning Now I'm McCormick or something, okay, garlic, powder, pepper, and sasson ooh okay, anything for moisture, oil, water, no oil obvious, Yeah, to get it. I based it real good. It was ten out of ten. Everyone loved it. I didn't do the Kamala thing where she goes under the skin. Also, I don't understand how people can really season like fol chickens and turkeys and stuff. It looks like a baby, it really does. It was freaking me out. I kept saying it, and my grandmother was like, if you don't, just fucking figure it out on your own over there. But like I was like, oh, like when you lift it up, it feels like a baby, Like you're holding a baby.
Speaker 1: Know anything about that. I don't just chickens or babies, So I'm safe.
Speaker 2: It's creepy.
Speaker 1: So people ate it and they liked it, and they're good.
Speaker 2: They loved it. That's exciting. And a week before that a babysat. So I just feel like domesticated diamond is making her way.
Speaker 1: She wants to be a wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My dad literally was like, whoa, You're going to make a great wife one day, and I was like, ill.
Speaker 1: Does he like you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: What is it you when you want to get married, family and have kids?
Speaker 2: Why is I don't think that like it's good to me me cooking should make me a good wife? Oh you know what I mean? And I think that people are conditioned to say things like that when they see a woman cooking. But like if a man was cooking, I make it a point to say, oh wow, Like my cousin's husband made dinner once when I was there, and I was like, you have a great husband, yeah, because like, hell yeah, come on, Like we don't need to only say that when you see a woman doing things like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And guys should be encouraged to do all the things around the house for themselves. Hell and not go put that on someone else's daughter. You should be able to take care of yourself. My boy friend who I always say was the best one ever, the one who passed away. His name is Chad. He was so domestic in the best ways. I mean he could cook everything like dumplings from scratch.
Speaker 2: No, that shit was bomb.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm gonna get to live my life exactly as I want to.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the best ever. Oh, this goes so great.
Speaker 1: And then I always say, whenever we go to like a hibachi restaurant or a tepanyaki place where they're making the food in front of you, I would make one of those men my life partner because they cook, and they cook food I really like, and then they clean up after themselves so well. That cleanup is my favorite part of the whole thing. I say it every time they're cooking in front of me. They bust out those lemons and the hot water and the squeegee, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, here we go, this is the show. Oh yes, peel it off.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. No, I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we get to the other thing. What was on your mind?
Speaker 2: That was on my mind? Oh, that you made the Yeah, because I was so excited and happy and it was the first time that I made something like that was a big deal and everyone's starting proud of you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you, You're very welcome.
Speaker 2: Come on, I cook.
Speaker 1: But in those situations I love to back off because there are people who take it so seriously and they just, you know, want to make all this stuff. My sister made a bang and meal, so shout out to her, and I just went and picked up ingredients. That was my contribution.
Speaker 2: Oh well, at l you did that.
Speaker 1: And staying out of the way and intercepting my parents and keeping them out of the way, which is a full time job it is.
Speaker 2: Parenting your parents is something that people don't talk about enough. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's it's one of those things where you don't realize. You just wake up one day and you're like, oh, I'm the captain. Now what do I do with myself? And who put me in charge? Of course they're never gonna accept that you're in charge, like there's no way you're never in charge, that it's never gonna happen. But then they're sitting there looking at me like how do I answer my phone? I'm like, oh God, here we go.
Speaker 2: Love you guys so much. You're the best. Oh they really are. It's like my dad tries to use Venmo but doesn't even know how to pronounce it, so he'll ask Siri I to like open it and he's like open Zinmo. I'm like, what is Zinmo? What is that? What are you doing? Like it's insane.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about this, but I was dying because my dad he has like figured out ways around things, but he doesn't understand that it's just much more cumbersome than if you learned how to use an app or your phone. So he figured out that there is Uber for people who don't know how to use Uber. What Yeah, it's called Go Go Grandpa. I thought I told you about them.
Speaker 2: No, that's insane.
Speaker 1: It's a phone number. It's a scam. I think it's ridiculous. It's a phone number that you call and then they call Uber for you, so like they have an app somewhere, they send you the Uber. So my dad is calling Go Go Grandpa to have someone send him the Uber. And it's just so frustrating because my sister and I were like, that's essentially calling us. Just call one of us, yeah, and we will send you the damn Uber. Also, I put it on your phone years.
Speaker 2: Ago, alcs ago. You're paying like probably double.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're paying more because who would just do that for no reason. The fact that it's called Go Go Grandpa is like dollar signs everywhere.
Speaker 2: They found a need. Wow, who created that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, I'm glad that there was a way that my dad could figure that out. But I was also like, dude, I put it on your phone, just let me come on man. And then I found out that he was calling Apple often did I not tell Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was.
Speaker 1: Upset that he wasn't included in the group chat. And I was like, Dad, the fact that you can see all the messages means you're in the group chat. Yeah, but my name's not in the group chat. I said, why would your name be? And it's your phone. Yeah, you only see the three of us because you're the fourth.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's you. He said.
Speaker 1: He had to tell these people what the name of the group chat was, and I named the group chat in the Crackpots because of this. So he's like, then, this guy on the other line is laughing that my daughter named it the Crackpots. I said no, he thought, Oh, this is accurate for sure, because you called Apple to ask why you're not in a group chat that you're in. What is going on? My man? Like, this is crazy work, but I love him.
Speaker 2: But also like, what was the person? Can they access the group chat from? No? Apple? Okay.
Speaker 1: Now they were like, sir, there's not a lot that we can really do about this. You need to reset your phone. But also, it sounds like you're in the group chat. My sister and I told him ten times, dude, you're in the group chat. No I'm not. Okay, Well, how are you reading it all? If you're not there?
Speaker 2: You should take him out or pretend that you had conversations without him. So that he really knows what it feels like not to be Do you.
Speaker 1: Know what that would do to my life?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, just really complicate things. Why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But parents are great. You gotta love him.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 1: I think it all the time. They taught you how to use a fork. You can't get mad that they don't, you know, how to use a freaking app whatever.
Speaker 2: I think about that all the time. I'm like Gandhi the great philosopher over there. I have to think about that whenever I get frustrated, because it's insane.
Speaker 1: I get very frustrated too, and then I'm like, calm it down, what are you doing? I don't know if I told you this, and I don't know, I think I could say it whatever it's getting said. So I was actually asked to be a contributor to a book about the Gandhi Mahakma Gandhi grandfather. Yes, there's a publishing company in India that wants to kind of see where his descendants have ended up. Where did they all land? Apparently there are you know, all across the map, even within my own branch of the family. You got some doctors, lawyers, engineers, and you have me, so of course they picked me, to which I will always say, there are way more interesting family members than me, trust me, like who are doing really good stuff. But they want me to write and be part of the contribution to this book, which I'm really excited about. And they're like, don't worry, it's very short. Three to five thousand words. That's incredibly long.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a lot?
Speaker 1: If I recall correctly, two hundred and fifty Double Space was one page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you you're talking like, what fifteen pages?
Speaker 1: A lot of pages.
Speaker 2: My math might be so off, but at least twelve ooh yeah.
Speaker 1: The three thousand I think would be twelve pages, So yeah, it could be up to fifteen, could be even more.
Speaker 2: Ick, But is it about your life? Yeah, so that's not hard.
Speaker 1: It's about my life, and I think it's supposed to be. I have to talk to them more about it soon, and who knows if it ever comes to fruition, But I have to write about my life and if his legacy has had an impact on me in a positive way or a negative way, and how do I look at it as a descendant.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool, kind of but I think.
Speaker 1: Like it's such a weird thing being this far removed from it, because like my uncle, my dad's brother lived with him until he was eight, so he has very vivid, clear memories of everything. Yeah, like he my uncle's name is Shanti, so he will tell this story about how you know he was being a little old naughty when he was younger. The name Shanti also means quiet, peace, like quite, like you could say it that way if you want to. So Gandhi was yelling at my uncle Shanti, but then the entire crowd became quiet because they thought he was saying it to them. He just got some really fun stories because he has vivid memories of being with him. That's my uncle, So it's like right there, Yeah, but I have none because I wasn't part of that. I'm obviously a generation under so there was never gonna really cross over like that, so I don't have memory. So to me, it's just as much of a story and a myth as it is to everybody else. I just know that I have that blood in me. But aside from that, I mean, I'm reading everything the same as everyone else. I think it's just as cool as other people think it is, and if anything, and not in a shitty way. I think it puts a little more pressure on me to be different than what I am, just because people expect you to walk in someone's footsteps. And I think what's really funny about that is, like, what do you mean walk in his footsteps? He did the thing like he was a revolutionary. The revolution happened, I can't do it again, and like India is free. Now what do you want me to do if you want me to start a revolution here? I've been working on it.
Speaker 2: Oh please not going well, no, no, no, no, they don't want that for me, trust me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You might be surprised, Diamond, But we were talking about that the other day, like overthings giving actually because everyone's like, you know, people give Abraham Lincoln all this credit and say he was one of the best presidents ever because he freed the slaves, but like nobody else could do it after he did it. You don't know that they wouldn't have. And also he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He did it for economic reasons, like there was plenty of other stuff that went into it. But yeah, first in the door always gets that attention, and then everyone else is stuff there holding the ball like, well, what am I supposed to do? I don't know. I'm just gonna go be on the radio.
Speaker 2: Like that, Like what can I do? Where we talked to.
Speaker 1: A guy about his dick on OnlyFans?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Good times, Twist and turn the peanut the squirrel story took, I mean, terrifying, crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Can you even believe?
Speaker 1: Like, right around this time last year is when it was all popping off. Everything was happening a year ago right now, Luigi MANGIONI, yes, see this thing right.
Speaker 2: Outside these studios.
Speaker 1: The peanut the squirrel saga was getting I don't know if it actually happened at that point or it was getting close to happening, but it was close to happening. There's just man, what happens in a year?
Speaker 2: What are we gonna talk about next year?
Speaker 1: Scare me?
Speaker 2: Can you believe that this time last year we didn't think aliens existed?
Speaker 1: Oh please, they're gonna land. I'm telling you give it another year. Things are so weird, it's it's gonna get weirder. We were talking about this off the air. I hope Sunday we talk about it on the air, you know, like this shift in AI is crazy, Like you saw the nano banana pro stuff. Have you seen it? So it's an AI generator, like a photo generator through Google. And before there were sort of some tells with like picture that you could see, Okay, I see the treatment on that, it's definitely an aiphoto or whatever. This makes it impossible. It looks like a picture that you just took off your phone. And everyone's saying like, this is the end of photographic evidence as we know it, because how do you tell the difference. Yeah, they're gonna be like watermarks and stuff in it, but that's really assuming that the everyday person is looking for those things, or we know, if we know anything, the everyday person is not.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So so many people are just gonna get tricked into so many different things. And it's super important that your family, they're saying, now, comes up with like a password that only your family knows. So if they get a video of you looking like you're in distress and asking them for money and saying like Mommy help me, you don't use that code word, they know.
Speaker 2: That's not you.
Speaker 1: Oh, Because people are going to get taken advantage of so much, and now we're going to be living in this society where you don't know if what you're looking at is real, And a lot of experts are saying they think it could lead to mass psychosis because so many people.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 1: I don't know, really, I don't know. And that was one of the first signs that maybe somebody was kind of uh, flow off. And now you have a whole society that's just not gonna know. It's crazy work.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do? There's no way. Okay, I know the government as we know it right now is just as insane as anything that they never predicted. But yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, but there has to be something that's done on a federal level to stop these things.
Speaker 1: Sure if you believe that at a federal level they want what's best for all of us, which I think probably we know at this point is not the case. They don't want what's best for us. If this becomes which it already is, this massive tool of misinformation and confusion, how perfect to just control a huge population of people, confuse them, scare them. Here we are, I mean, we've been seeing it without AI, without these pictures and videos and whatever, and now here it comes. It would be nice if there was some sort of regulation. We've talked about it so many times. Technology moves way faster than regulation, so we're going to be playing catch up, and I think it'll be a really interesting decade or so. Yeah, and you think about too. We're so lucky that weird generation that grew up without social media and then with it. We know the difference. Yeah, we know life exists outside of it, and it was actually much more glorious and beautiful and amazing. We could easily just fall back into that. If you've never grown up with anything different, you take something like that away from them, what happens? I don't know. And no one's saying you're going to take social media away, but it's just you know, something has to change.
Speaker 2: It's wild. Take those damn iPads away from those kids, sick of their asses with those damn iPads.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when parents have their kids at a restaurant on an iPad without headphones, like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: But I feel like the headphones are just as weird. Like you're at a table with other people, learn to engage with other people. Yes, without a damn iPad away, Like.
Speaker 1: My mom and dad were talking about how because they see it everywhere, and they're like, what the hell is that? That's so get that I've pad out of kid's hand, And they're like, you know, I don't ever remember you and your sister when you were younger creating a scene in public. I don't ever remember that. And I was like, yeah, because we were terrified of you. Yeah, there wasn't an option. Making a scene in public with those two wasn't an option because they had no problems making a bigger scene. So it was like, yep, dad's gonna be crazy, don't do it. Which I'm not saying everyone needs to scare their kids, but no, I do look at the option of like do I want to sit here and hear this person's iPad? The answer is never, Or do I want to hear a screaming kid that wants the iPad? I don't know. It's such a crappy thing. I would love for parents to just be like, no, when you're eating, you're talking to us yes and eating your food, and that's it.
Speaker 2: And I just think about the fact that, like when the children are older, we're already saying the GenZ is weird. They're gonna be Jenna Elfla is gonna be even weirder because it's like you don't know how to like engage with people. That's weird as fuck.
Speaker 1: You know how many people are saying and you would experience this probably much more than me. How many people on dating apps just spend a lot of time talking with no intention to meet up, and when it comes to the hey, let's meet up. How many people bail because a lot of people are using chat ept and essentially like chat fishing people into thinking that there are these charismatic, funny guys or girls whomever, and then they realize, oh shit, in person, I am not this at all. So it's just stopping like growing any type of social growth at all.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, scary. We're gonna have to take There are gonna be courses and curriculums based off of like building friendships in the future. How much you want to bet, I believe you there has to be.
Speaker 1: You should probably just start it now and make that money. Yeah, okay, first in don't forget first think at hello, helloy, teaching people how to be friends?
Speaker 2: I love this for you. That's good.
Speaker 1: I really think. I mean, I think you're probably right. I think that this is the stuff that's coming that's sad.
Speaker 2: Like hitch, hitch, Yeah, it wasn't Edie, but hitch yeah. Where like he had to like teach Kevin James how to like engage with women dance. But for friends, Oh that was funny. But for friends that's weird. But it's going to be necessary, I think. So, Okay, let's hit a couple.
Speaker 1: Of these questions and then I can see people milling about outside the studio because they want to come in and decorate.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Okay, so oh oh these are tough, Okay, Okay. We make the world feel seen every morning. I don't know if that's true, but maybe some people would say we make them feel seen. Diamond, who makes you feel seen? And what makes you feel seen?
Speaker 2: My sister, Yeah, she just like has this way of like letting me know that she understands what I'm saying, but not necessarily always taking my side and things, and I think that that's great. She'll say, Okay, I need you to calm down a little bit. You're getting a little too excited about this. I need you to like use your brain basically, and like she'll say like, well, here's where I don't agree with you or whatever. But at the same time, like I feel like she gets where I'm coming from without me having to really go into a lot of details sometimes, which I think is like amazing. I'm like, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think there's so obviously I would say my sister too, but I'm gonna try to pick a different person just because she doesn't listen to this podcast, so she doesn't deserve that. Jerdy got enough love today she did Priya one day listen, But I would say the same. I also think with sisters there is such a component of like genuinely sharing DNA that there's just learned stuff in your body, in your blood about the other person that you don't have to explain. It's just right there.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: A guy friend who I think sees me in a way that nobody else does because he and I have like deeper conversations and more real conversations than I do with so many other people, and it's such a judgment free zone between the two of us that I think I've told him some stuff that I probably haven't ever told anyone else, like including my sister. Yeah, just because I know he's not gonna judge and he's probably gonna be like, you, crazy bitch, what are you doing? But also he will listen and give me like really good feedback, and I appreciate that. So he's my dude.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what he does to make me feel seen is just listen. How sad is that?
Speaker 2: It's horrible. It's horrible. I realized that I don't listen to people like that. It's bad. Like I check out very easily when I'm not. It's not I don't want to say when I'm not in the mood or something like that. It'll just happen. Like I'm tired today, so I'm checked out, and I don't do it on purpose, but I'm like, imagine if one of my friends calls me when I'm feeling tired or whatever, and I'm not giving them what they need and I'm not actually present in the conversation, I would feel so bad.
Speaker 1: There have been a couple times where I've been trying to tell you something and it is definitely like the show is going on and you're answering phones You're trying to look at text messages. But in the middle of me trying to tell you the thing I'm telling you, you'll be like, oh my god, can you believe and just completely never change the subject completely and never come back to it.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, okay, I'll just leave you. No, I'm so sorry. So yeah, you are fucking terrible. You say that. You saying that makes me realize I probably do it so much more than it happens.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, people love I think if you want to be a good conversationalist, here's my tip. Okay, it's not anything new, everybody says it. I went to an event. It wasn't an event. It was a big party that one of my friends through last week, and I was there with some people that I didn't really know. But you know me, I'll just yep, yep, I'm a yepper.
Speaker 2: She will talk.
Speaker 1: So I learned very long ago you can have quite a long conversation with anyone if you just keep asking them questions about themselves. So people love to talk about themselves. So I'm sitting there asking, you know, all these different people, all these different things. I'm learning a lot about the people there. And my friend comes over and he's like, hey, man, these people freaking love you. He's like, I can't tell you how many people came over and we're like, girl or dude, your girl. She's amazing, she's so interesting, she's so fun. I said, you know what's funny about this? Not a word of myself have I said to them. I've said nothing about myself? Like, what do you mean I'm interesting? I didn't tell you anything about I don't even think you know my name at this point.
Speaker 2: But hey, I'll take it. But do you remember what they're saying to you? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna remember every single detail, but with a lot of those people I did. I had interest in what they were doing and why they were there and how they knew each other. I want to learn those things. So it wasn't that difficult. But yes, small talk, No, I will forget that. But it was just funny that he's like, the hell think you're so interesting? And I was like, I haven't talked about myself to them.
Speaker 2: You are interesting. I don't know, it's something about you. You could keep a conversation going. I'm like, I'm dying. Can we move on? And you're still yapping? It up with people. I'm just standing there. I'm like, okay, you just ask them questions about themselves, so go on for days. But is there a real interest there or is it just something that well, yeah, you wouldn't talk to anyone that you're not interested in getting to know.
Speaker 1: So oh no, I mean I do, I have done it. There are times you just have to but you have to be in public, so I'm going to ask you questions about whatever, but I don't want to ask you boring questions. So like, one of the questions I was asking people was who is your favorite person here? And why?
Speaker 2: Oh God?
Speaker 1: I wanted to know. And then of course you know, if somebody was dating or if there was a sibling, I'm like that one doesn't count, but who else here? I just want to get those answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, I'm just saying, wow, AnyWho?
Speaker 1: Next question? Oh, I think this soun's kind of interesting. When is the last time radio genuinely changed your life, not your career changed your life?
Speaker 2: Has it?
Speaker 1: I think this is an interesting question.
Speaker 2: When is the last time not career related?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's hard for us, obviously, because our career is our life right now. But I think, you know, aside from being like, well, I have this great job and insurance and it pays my bills or whatever. Outside of that, maybe were their experiences within radio since you've been here that you're like, wow, that was something that I feel changed my life.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there have been conversations that have changed my perspective or outlook on different things. I just can't think of it. I remember something, I can't remember what you guys were talking about, but it was at the old studio, like I could see it. I just don't remember what you guys were talking about.
Speaker 1: Amazing answer, I thank you for flying.
Speaker 2: I really don't remember, though, and it clearly if it really changed my perspective that much, I would remember it, right, But no, or like maybe something through radio off the grid that yeah, literally it made me want to try new things and like, you know, experience different things, which I think was really cool.
Speaker 1: That was our If people don't know, that was the first trip that we took in an RV Andrew, you and me, the one without drop West, Yeah, the one without Josh, the best one.
Speaker 2: He's in the other studio.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if he's listening. Yeah, that for sure, yeah, I would say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was life changing for sure.
Speaker 1: I was talking about you with that experience the other day because I was like, yeah, she didn't know that a jack rabbit was a real thing, or that a tumbleweed wasn't just in cartoons. She had never seen a storm coming in because she lives in Brooklyn, where you don't see that. You just get the storm yep, but you don't actually see that change in the sky. Like it was really fascinating to do it with you, and you learned how to swim. Yes, this is a lot from that trip.
Speaker 2: So much fun. We got it, but you I was about to say, like, we got to do that again. But that experience, for me, I'm never going to have again. Like that's specific.
Speaker 1: You know you can the first thing first time exactly, but you went whitewater rafting the second time.
Speaker 2: She may have shipped her suit. Who's to say. I could feel the cold air right now as we're talking. It was so cold.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a good time. I would do it every year if I could. I would do it every year because there's so much to explore within this country. And when you add in because it's driving right, it has to be a place where we can drive around Canada, Mexico, wherever. I think there's just so much to see and it'd be awesome. I think for me life changing experiences, I mean there are a million if you just add in stuff like that, but definitely the off the grid trips. I think the biggest one was probably moving, because moving as an adult is just an interesting thing that I think everyone should try once. I'm sure we've talked about this one hundred times, but when you grow up somewhere and you have all your friends and family, one, that's an incredible thing, by the way, and if you can keep that, keep it. But I think everyone should move away for a short amount of time and then come back if you can, because you learn a lot about.
Speaker 2: Yourself and who you are.
Speaker 1: When you don't have the people around you who you know you can make laugh laughing and encouraging you. You just kind of have to stand on your own two feet, whether the storms. And I've moved so many times because of Radio. I feel like that's made me a better person. The people that we meet constantly and the stories that they will tell you about things that have happened in their life, is it makes you look at everyone differently. I think and know everyone really does have a story, and if you're any part of that story, even if it was just you, uplifted them on a day that they were having a chemo treatment or whatever it is, that's pretty awesome. And like, I don't know that this changed my life, but one of the best days of my life was when Danielle and I were on Broadway in Aladdin.
Speaker 2: That was insane.
Speaker 1: That was amazing. Like I really undersold it before we did it, because I just didn't want to get like two hyped about it. But walking down the street and seeing our names and the marquis.
Speaker 2: On Broadway, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: And then actually getting out there and not messing up the lines was crazy and getting that like I think I got the bug. I want to do it. I want to do like live performance. I told you, I want to do stand up by the end of next year.
Speaker 2: That is my goal.
Speaker 1: I've been really writing my routine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna the well, I'm gonna support I'm gonna support well.
Speaker 1: Glove for it. But yeah, it was like, this is really cool and I had you know, you just get such a not that you don't already respect these people and what they do. But when you watch how they actually set this all up and what it takes to put on a live show, it's wild. That was super fun. So I don't know, I feel like there have been so many different life changing moments. Skydiving for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: You never thought you'd white water raft.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I could tell you for like I wanted to say, for a fact and for sure at the same time, just now, not gonna happen. Never. Never.
Speaker 1: What if you were like passed out and you woke up midway through the fall?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, heart attack, Yes, okay, for sure, I'd ship my pants, I'd throw up, and I'd pee everything.
Speaker 1: They say it's really impossible for you to throw up when you're falling like that because of the placement of your stomach apparently, I don't know if that's.
Speaker 2: As soon as we hit the ground, PI would be puke and shit everywhere.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to do it with you now.
Speaker 2: I have one percent believe my heart would stop, it would explode. I know, I'm my hands, she's sweating.
Speaker 1: No, okay, we will not force you into that ever, but life changing.
Speaker 2: I just like My question is like, what would make you actually want to do that?
Speaker 1: Well, I always just thought it would be super fun. It seems like one of those adrenaline rush things, and it certainly is. But the feeling for those, however, many maybe you get a minute two minutes that you are just falling the level of no fucks given For me that I felt in that moment, because I was like, there's nothing I can do. If I am meant to hit this ground right now, I'm gonna hit it, So I'm just gonna enjoy this right I feel like it kind of reframed a lot of things in my life, Whereas if I don't have control over something, I shouldn't say. Whereas where if I don't have control over something and there's nothing I can do, I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna let go and just enjoy this for what it is and we'll see what the outcome is because I can't control it. And I sort of feel like skydiving reframed that. And I said it to Bobby Brown not too long ago, and she was literally like, Yeah, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: I just my thing is she has no whimsy. You do have control. Your control is not doing it right. You decided to put yourself in that situation. Did you think while you were up there, like if I die, I die, like literally yeah, absolutely, But was there like any type of fair like, oh wow, I could die right now.
Speaker 1: No, because I know I could. So what am I afraid of at that moment?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? You know I didn't think like I've always been scared of it, but the thought of like jumping out of a plane was scary. The fact that, like, after you guys did it, we talked about the facts that you quite literally could have died. Yeah. I was like, that's insane, I.
Speaker 1: Will tell you, which we've talked about repeatedly. The scariest part of the skydive is the ascent into the sky very slowly in a small plane with Andrew and I. When they said if you hear rain on this plane, we cannot jump. We then heard rain on the plane and one of the guys was like, we're jumping.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: That was scarier than the actual jumping. I mean, and Andrew was attached to him, so every time that guy got angry and flailed, Andrew was just like flopping left and right.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, but then you guys went back. Yes, that's insane. I know it was.
Speaker 1: Great, best time ever, but I do not expect that from you. Okay, So the decorating people have now looked in the window seventeen times. So if people want to find you online, where they find.
Speaker 2: It At Diamonds and Cero on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I am at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram.
Speaker 2: What else were you saying? I was, I'm gonna try to give threads another chance. Okay, start threading. I'm gonna start threading okay.
Speaker 1: On Instagram, you can also follow us at Baby Hot Sauce. No, that's me, Yes, at Baby Hot Sauce is me Sauce. On the side is the podcast page and like follow, subscribe. We always appreciate that. Leave us a review and leave us a talk back and we'll be back next week with God was who.
Speaker 2: Who's to say? Until then?
Speaker 1: Say by diamond bye
Speaker 2: Mhm.