Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, Welcome to another episode.
Speaker 2: Of serial Killers.
Speaker 1: What why can't I hear anything?
Speaker 2: Because I'm.
Speaker 1: How about now the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios. This is serial Killers? Cool?
Speaker 2: Okay, you caught me off guard. It's June. Welcome to June. What do you mean I caught you off guard? Which camera we're using?
Speaker 1: We're using this one. People said they were getting motion sickness from the other one. Yeah, because it I don't think it hurts. Dang it. I think dang it.
Speaker 2: Can I adjust it so we could see the surreal part?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Explain while I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: So what wound up happening was it would auto focus on us. To your point, you called it out. You did say it. What I'm going to give you credit for it? What that the camera was focusing in and out as we were recording. So I'm giving you full credit on that one. Scott.
Speaker 2: You couldn't just set it to like just like just keep what it is.
Speaker 1: Personally, I don't know how to do that. I don't know until I figure it out. Until I figure it out, I'm not touching it all right. But so yeah, welcome to another episode of serial Killers. Really excited to have you guys here, Uh, okay, listening or watching It's June. It's June, Andrew, it's June.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can stop yanking and hitting yourself in the face while you yank your microphone because I've been really work all right, So thanks to our good friends at General Mills, they send us another big new cereal box.
Speaker 1: Ago.
Speaker 2: We're in the pro department now, yeah, we are, and I'm going to do one that was in that box. You don't want to do it, but I want to do it, so.
Speaker 1: I win because you curated it. But meanwhile, this is the dumbest thing in the world. This is team Cheerios. It's I said, this is for the Olympics. He goes, no, it's not. I said, the Olympics are in Paris. This is the French flag.
Speaker 2: It's also red, white and blue. It's for us too.
Speaker 1: It's really not, because this is legitimately the French flag.
Speaker 2: I don't think that Cheerios is putting out friends stuff.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with that. It's for the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I see red, white and blue is what I see.
Speaker 1: For the France flag. And then they even tell you about sports that are featured in the Summer Olympics.
Speaker 2: Does it say anything about Olympics on here? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It's just a known thing that it's the Olympics. No, they're not a sponsor or anything like that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say it. This is red, white and blue. Team America is what this is.
Speaker 1: But it's the frances This is French.
Speaker 2: Right, but America because General Mills is an American company and it's for the American team.
Speaker 1: It's not it is okay.
Speaker 2: Should we fight?
Speaker 1: We really shouldn't. Anyway. The original it would be Olympic sport.
Speaker 2: The original the original Team Cheerios was came out in ninety ninety.
Speaker 1: Sex one of my personal favorites of all time.
Speaker 2: Hold please. It came out originally as Team USA Cheerios and that was for the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in nineteen ninety six. Then it was relaunched in nineteen ninety seven as just Team Cheerios. And that's the one that you remember. That's the one that you remember that had three different o's. I think it was corn and yes and frosted whatever, and it was frost It was the best.
Speaker 1: I miss it. And now they keep relaunching because This is the second time that there's been a Team Cheerios that we've had, and it's just basically like we never had we had a Team Cheerios. Yes we have because they relaunched it and you were like, oh my god, get excited. It's Team Cheerios. And it wasn't the same recipe. Really, isn't the Millennials that I gave you. No, Millennials were just frosted Millennium flavored from the Millennial Yeah, which I thought in twenty twenty three was just a special edition.
Speaker 2: Listen if you could find that episode, you need to watch that if you haven't seen that, because that was just incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so much use.
Speaker 2: It was good times.
Speaker 1: Love that for me.
Speaker 2: I didn't So this is frosted Berry. So you've got three different o's here, You've got some pink ones.
Speaker 1: It just pisses me off because it made Team Cheerios so good. Was that it was every Cheerios flavor essentially. You had your Honey, you had your Regular, you had your Frosted, you had your multi grain. It was delicious. It was so good. It was the only time you ever got them all in one place. And now they're just throwing in, Oh hey, yeah, it's just berry cereal. I don't want that. I could just buy fruity cheerios.
Speaker 2: And I was just gonna say that it's kind of weird because we just did fruity cheerios and they look.
Speaker 1: The same, pretty similar. It's the same, it's the same muted color. It's definitely muted. What are we doing it? It's dull. Have some more imagination cheerios or I guess General Mills they do. Let's be nice to our friends before you even try it. Andrew, Well, if you're telling me it's sponsored.
Speaker 2: Then no, it's not sponsored. It's not sponsor.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give my honest opinion. That's fine, as you would say. That's what they're here for, bro, that's what they're here for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honest opinions. People count on us for honesty. I'm gonna go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairyes, Fridge.
Speaker 1: Can I smell the fruity cheerios? Sure you can, because if it smells the same, then I already know what that's gonna taste like. Well, how is the fruity cheerios? Yeah, exactly?
Speaker 2: How are they described on the box?
Speaker 1: Andrew made with one whole grains.
Speaker 2: Okay, doesn't anything about fruit?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: Was that say over here? Fruit flavored with other natural flavors?
Speaker 2: Okay, and this has frosted berry flavored with other natural flavors, and berries are fruit, so let's see, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Nope, I think I just pressure keyboard. We're off the air.
Speaker 2: There is more berry to it.
Speaker 1: I like it. That's what makes me angry right now, is that I do like it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you want them to not like it's so bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I really just want them to get the message that I really miss Team Cheerios, the original recipe. But in the meantime, this is a good solve.
Speaker 2: I guess if you just get the multi grind cherios it maybe sprinkle a bit of sugar.
Speaker 3: On it, you know, not the fame. Okay, four bowls?
Speaker 1: How many four bowls for I'm gonna do the same.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it four bowls as well. It has a nice flavor. It's still you still get the Cheerios essence in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Get you taste the oats of the cheerios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I taste the oats.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when I think getting.
Speaker 1: So many emails, oh because you're so busy, so busy.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as bad. It's not bad. It's just if you're watching this, General Mills, I love you so much.
Speaker 2: They do pay attention to us, just so you know.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you sending us stuff. But please, for me, can you go and make the cereal that just blended everything together? Just give me the nineteen ninety six version of Team Cheerios. I have such fond memories of it. Please just relaunch that.
Speaker 2: Well they did send us the peach mango cheerios too, but that's not a team Cheerio. Well, it's a team.
Speaker 1: A team should imply that I am getting oh uh, you know the frosted Oh, I'm getting the multi grain, not all just fruity.
Speaker 2: I think peaches and mangos together make a great team.
Speaker 3: Okay I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna move on, and you know what the next one's gonna be. So my daughter Ashley knew that we had this granola here, and she's like, can you please bring it home for me? She's been asking me for it because she can't find it in the store near our house. So we're gonna try it today. So I can bring it home for her.
Speaker 1: I love that she gets the same day advantage. Meanwhile, I've had cereals here for months. Next time, I just need to say, I really want to bring it home. No, this Cerea has been here for a long time, but she asked for it.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna this is. It's purely Elizabeth. We've had purely Elizabeth before. I don't think that we loved it. It's mostly granola, although there is a box of purely Elizabeth there that Matt sent us. They're in this doing flakes now, so I'm gonna carefully open this. It is created to help you thrive. Okay, that's what Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: I eat this and I don't feel thriving. You will know, audience.
Speaker 2: So this is chocolate chip cookie granola. It's exciting with grains baked with coconut oil, and these are big, big chunks.
Speaker 1: I feel like they just trolled the target aisle. Also, why is there a spike every once in a while on the audio form?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess when we listen back, we'll find out. You should this is your job is to get the audio. How are we getting bad audio?
Speaker 2: It's not I probably like snapped.
Speaker 1: Watch this right, see snapping people in your car.
Speaker 2: When I ripped the top off of this, it probably made a loud pop. So these are big, big granola pieces.
Speaker 1: Like it's probably easier to show it on your hand than it is inside of a bag.
Speaker 2: It's like broken up cookie. So I'm just gonna put like three in each one, you know, because my daughter wants it. One, two, three, I got four.
Speaker 1: That's like regular granola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a granola bar, broken up is what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm eating three pieces of granola.
Speaker 2: Non GMO, gluten free, vegan, no water feat.
Speaker 1: I can't have a full scoop of cereal.
Speaker 2: That is a scoop. That's one scoop.
Speaker 1: So it's hope I like the one scoop because Ashley needs it. Farms a bite of it and be like ew farms it. Now I'm trying to give the name Andrew Farmland Fresh Dairries Organic whole Milk, and we finally have a day on the calendar to go visit the big Farmland Fresh Dairies plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited. Well that wasn't a very enthusiastic yay Andrew.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to get my two pieces of cereal that I was allotted. Mm hmm, he's good after a granola bar. Yeah, I like it, not really good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess if you just like took a nature rout and broke it up and put some milk on it, that's what you get.
Speaker 1: My three pieces of it. We're delicious.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: I give that five bowls.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you a question.
Speaker 1: I give it five bowls.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I taste coconut in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: Oh so when's the last time you finished the entire cup of cereal I've given you?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: So why would I overserve you when you're only gonna take one spoonful?
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's a difference between overserving like you usually do, where you pour half the box in, and underserving where you gave me two pieces that my chucket's poot ball. It was so good. Yeah, there's a difference.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: It's great. You just have like a little more, no, please, just like a small I have another one. So you gave yourself extra and I was given three pieces and.
Speaker 2: I got four pieces. Okay, Yeah, I'll make it even tit for tat guy. There's one more you're dropping on the floor, you giant.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 2: Stop got it? You wasted them.
Speaker 1: Where nothing is on the floor. Oh there, you.
Speaker 2: Drop two pieces on the floor. You're a big baby.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's delicious, all right. Well, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 3: It's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Whh And we're back and we're back. Oh, so many emails. So important, Hakamino, shut the bring off.
Speaker 1: I have to pressure sound button.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I said it, but I gave that one four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: I'm even gonna drink the milk.
Speaker 1: That was exceptional, so good.
Speaker 2: Why did you throw the cup out? You got another cereal to go?
Speaker 1: Because you give me a fresh cup.
Speaker 2: Because you love killing the turtles.
Speaker 1: They're paper cups. You're the one who said I want to start using clear plastic cups so people could see the cereal.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to kill the turtles. Also, can I say something, no, why are we using plastic cups but paper straws When it used to be paper cups and plastic straws. The straws are worse than the cups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the straws get stuck up the turtles noses.
Speaker 1: But the cups break up into a million parts.
Speaker 2: They don't break up. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Huh. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We got everything back to go plastics, everything back backwards.
Speaker 1: Everyone keep saying microplastics. Then I don't know if I should be worried or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means a little baby plastic.
Speaker 1: I know everyone has them, like billions of microplastics.
Speaker 2: We've all got them up in you.
Speaker 1: I know, scary. What does it do?
Speaker 2: It kills you slowly? Okay, Well, so anyways, okay, so our friend Matt has sent us thousands and thousands and thousands of cereals. We can't get to all of them before they expire.
Speaker 1: Haven't we only done a thousands cereals?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, so now we have like thousands to go. So what I'm going to start doing is putting them in order of expiration date or best buy date. And that's how we're going to start doing them from now on.
Speaker 1: We don't have a cereal.
Speaker 2: Please don't use tissues to clean things up. Well, I have napkins over here. Okay, dear, tissues are very Scarce. Okay, dear miss saying okay, you don't.
Speaker 1: You have to use the proper paper products for the proper job. I feel like you just wanted to say proper paper products. Can you see that three times fast?
Speaker 2: Proper paper products, proper paper products, proper paper products.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
Speaker 2: And it used to be a stornium we called proper papers. It was like stationary, and people used to get stationary.
Speaker 1: So this is it's still as for stationary.
Speaker 2: Well, I need letterhead. Sometimes people like a custom handwritten note.
Speaker 1: A handwritten note, don't you think so? And a firm handshake.
Speaker 2: It adds a touch of of you know that. Yeah, if I'm sending something to a listener, I'm like, dear listener, thanks so much for listening. Signed Scottie B.
Speaker 1: Good listener, Thanks so much for listening. The most elegant. I'd appreciate that letter any day.
Speaker 2: It's just a personal touchhand It makes people feel better, yeah, you know for sure, it makes them feel warm inside, you know, cool? All right, So this is a Ralston. You didn't even know they were still around.
Speaker 1: Did you. I didn't even know they existed oh, here we go. Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cookie Crisp in the eighties, Pal, yeah, pal remember the checkerboard God, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: And then Purina Serina went out of went to dog food and that's why they have a dog with Cookie Crisp to still maintain their roots. Is that that right?
Speaker 2: Not at all. I think it's not even close. And we've talked about the cereal brands and many many episodes. If you go back and listen to episode seventy six, that's when we talked about Rolston Purina.
Speaker 1: So episode seventy six, yep, did you go back just to find that episode?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I just pulled it out of my butt. So if I go to episode seventy six, no, but it's somewhere around there. Oh okay, you know so many things.
Speaker 2: So Matt got this from the the Amish country store that he has by his house in Pennsylvania. This is oats and more. If you could tell me with almonds, if you could tell me what cereal this most closely resembles, I'll give you a two dollars bill.
Speaker 1: So now I'm actually purposely hoping to lose. I think it's going to resemble honey bunches of oats. Okay, I reached into my pocket. Here you go. Pal Wow, Yep, that's it. That's all the fan fair.
Speaker 2: Yet, I bet from the signatures on this bill, that is a twenty seventeen serious Yes, it is a look at that.
Speaker 1: Also, it's hysterical that when I get something right, how defeated you get.
Speaker 2: I wasn't defeated. I gave it right to you.
Speaker 1: I know. It's just usually it's like you expect me to be wrong, and then when I am right, you're just like, okay, yeah, well all right, moving on.
Speaker 2: The reason that you're right is because the box really looks like honey bunches of oats. Oh yeah, so not that you.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 2: You know a company makes honey bunches of oats.
Speaker 1: Uh, Procter and Gamble, all right, that one is made by they get out of the food. They get out of the food. Give a while ago.
Speaker 2: No, it is not general, is not either one of those adults. Yeah, you know because it has the big post on the third times of charm Andrew.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hm, anyway, moving on, thank you for saying it for me. Is this another tour?
Speaker 2: There's so many tours here.
Speaker 1: They're going to walk in here I feel like they're the types of Dodo birds that would just walk in and be like, oh, you know, we should guys recorded something. We should starts also feeding in there. Can they hear me? Yes?
Speaker 2: We should start selling tours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right for charity, of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: All right, So it looks like honey bunches of oats. It's got both handing me my cup. I rally both flakes. It has the clusters. I see a couple of almond slippers in there. Almonds, almonds, Rawston, rawston. If I closed my eyes, I might not know the difference oats and more. Oh yeah, it does taste a little bit different.
Speaker 1: It tastes like nutmeg, like Christmasy.
Speaker 2: Like a little Yeah it does, it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know where that's coming from.
Speaker 2: It has that cold weather feeling.
Speaker 1: No, it's not the feeling, it's the taste the season.
Speaker 2: Yes, it tastes like the season.
Speaker 1: It tastes like Christmas. Okay, I don't know how. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it doesn't take much.
Speaker 1: You're just whipping them out today. It's so funny. I give it two bowls. It's the wampa. I'm not a fan. Could I have one of the granola.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry. It was very expensive that bag.
Speaker 1: How much it was very expensive that bag? Look, men say that because I didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: That was nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm giving his three balls. There's not the worst thing in the world. But there's no honey bunches of boats. There's just oats and more. Yeah, I mean spitting all over the keyboard.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, I'm not it. It tastes Christmas y. I don't really love it.
Speaker 2: What is the little game on the back of mind? You of because I tell you what I see right away?
Speaker 1: Mouse trap?
Speaker 2: Nope, No, that's the mountain climber from from the Price Is Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, mountain climber from the Price is Right.
Speaker 2: And the guy falls over the cliff too high.
Speaker 1: The price is too high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: The Price is Right.
Speaker 2: It's actually called cliffhangers. Drew carry, Yeah, it's called cliffhangers.
Speaker 1: He did, yeah, he did. And they had the wheel, the price wheel.
Speaker 2: That is that? Yeah, the big wheel yeah mm hm cool. And and Cubby and I got to run around the set of prices right drunk one time with Henry Winkler. I think I talked about this because he was he was on Hollywood Squares and it's done on the same lot, and so we got to run around and see all the different prices, right props.
Speaker 1: I could see you just living your best life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're waving to the to the crew in there while we're recording this.
Speaker 1: Hi crew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna look here now and see if we have the Cliffhangers music because it's a lot of fun. Why because I want you to see that.
Speaker 1: What are some of these things? Snoop Dog Millionaire, California girls.
Speaker 2: Oh, these are all the morning show things. Oh so I'm going to control f which means fine.
Speaker 1: Oh, no way, you're teaching me things about computers.
Speaker 2: So cool cliff hanger, Cliffhangers. Let's see if it comes up. That'd be really cool.
Speaker 1: Strike cliffhanger. How would I? I think it's on the next there, I think it's on the next what's on the next? Mean I've seen what they look like. Just type in c k K. What do you talking about that? Because we have one already made.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. Yes, we do the cliffhanger music.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it goes and Stax goes on the next Serial Killers. What are you talking about? I'm actually concerned that you have no clue what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the music from the Cliffhangers game.
Speaker 1: Oh oops, I'm the Dodo Bird. Yeah, Hi, I'm the Dodo Bird. It's me.
Speaker 2: We should probably go now. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us at.
Speaker 1: Serial look in the systems and not go on YouTube when you know that feeds in and we could just hear it. Why are you looking inside of the radio station to have weird specific music? Well for ice Climbers from the price is right.
Speaker 2: Because we probably would have that for the morning show.
Speaker 1: Why we never played a game like that ever, but.
Speaker 2: You know we like that goofy stuff. Watch this cliff Hangers game.
Speaker 1: The second result is racist to that.
Speaker 2: Oh here here, here, let's listen. Oh this is the Bob Barker one.
Speaker 1: How do I get it? On? Here?
Speaker 3: T Painkiller Remote Monitoring.
Speaker 1: And Management stupid ad one. Skip to fis game.
Speaker 3: Keep that mouth entire falling off that. Here we go the top of the mountain, and if you know enough about the prizes and three prizes, you'll be saved. What are those three prizes. Five, five, What is the price please? It is the thirty seven dollars?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: It is not? And here he goes six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Speaker 1: Eleven, twelve, and there is that was the music?
Speaker 3: That was your price thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: I love music, hyper fixate on. It's like, oh my god, stop the show. I'm thinking of Chips episode six. Uh there's a biff runs away from the bank and do you know what plays this very specific melody? Stop hold on? Let me look. People know that, people know that. Yeah, it's just we ended the show like that was three minutes of us talking about a very specific odd.
Speaker 2: Thing that's not cliffhangers is huge, It's it's very pop culture.
Speaker 1: It is very pop culture.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Thank you for listening to Serial Killers, follow us do all those things, and check out our friends Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram. That is their handle. And until we see you again, hopefully with a bold chat sometime this week, such Do Do DoD and the more it went like you were gonna lose You wanted that song to be short.
Speaker 1: Oh okay,