Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim Love Loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now, comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah? You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, we're gonna laugh, cut him and kicking and at again. We leave it with just a lift your spirits. Think you want to revisit? So your first second listen, young folks are your slip Oh folks say we dig it?
Speaker 1: Hey, no fish, do what you do? No this? Do what you do?
Speaker 3: Can no do what I do?
Speaker 1: No this?
Speaker 3: Hey hey hey, welcome to laugh and Learn. I'm your host, comedian Say Monroe, and today we are going to cover some topics, some topics and some topics because it's been a hell of a week along with my gorgeous co hosts Mis Bobby Clipper, how You to Hia Juts and I Wonder Produce to mister Aaron Howard. Today we're going to give you out and a short synopsis oh that America has to offer. And I'm not telling you. That's not very much right now, lady and gentlemen. So we're gonna just get it out there because what we want you to do is listen to us, weigh in on how you feel, and just let us let it rip. Bobby Clifford, the people want to hear one two words out of you.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, but I can't. Oh my god, I guess so many people in my inbox and tell me say I love them. Bobby says that I love you, mimick. Bobby, I says I can't. Last week, I couldn't do it. My voice was a horse.
Speaker 1: Well my ass is one. So we're even.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Bobby Clifford, Oh my god, I didn't stay she did? I did?
Speaker 1: I don't have to. I'm sitting on it. It's it's like a whole buffet table. I'm getting ready. My side take for for Thanksgiving is going to be renting it out with a with a table class.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so before we get started, I want to thank everyone who came out to support me when I was on the tour with Dave Chappelle. The tour is over. The I think I did seven arenas and it was a great experience. I learned so much about me as a comedian. And when I say that, I learned about my voice, on how to control a room of twenty thousand sets of eyes watching me, how to take them on a rad while sitting in a chair as a storyteller. I realized a lot of things about me. So the experience overall was fantastic. They don't even know. I would have did it for free just to get the experience. I'm glad it wasn't for free. I'm glad it wasn't for free, but I would have done that for free because I got an up close and personal masterclass each and every show. So to all the team Heather, Brian, Jake, All, behind the scenes guys, Donnelle Rollins, Marshall, Brandon, everybody that was affiliated with the show, Thank you guys so much for holding my hand and walking me through this process and walking me through this experience to make me feel like I was a professional comedian on the level that they are. That's how they made me feel. So I ain't say anything else I can say if I never do it again, I can say I did it and it was successful, and thank you. Dave Chapelle and his team. I appreciate you guys put.
Speaker 1: It out there so you do do it again.
Speaker 3: And thank you. Singa. Sena is Dave's first assistant. I appreciate you too as well, Sina, So thank you all right, Bob. But where we're going, what we're doing, because there's some great goals that happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's where the strike so you can say it, give the.
Speaker 3: News the strike is over. Yeah, I'm happy with so many of my out of work acting friends and out of the craft services. If you who are behind the scene now, they weren't calling me before the strike, I need you all to call me as the strikers over here.
Speaker 1: Well, now you've got you've got some time. I hope I hope that that the TV landscape looks sort of the same. The last time that we had a strike, my favorite show used to be Mike and Molly. I absolutely adored it, and it got written off and it was at the highest It just it just they wanted to bring something else in and it didn't find a place and they ended up canceling it.
Speaker 3: And it's a one hundred how many days was it? About one hundred and eighty eight.
Speaker 1: It was one hundred and eighty eight days or three months is what they're saying, one one or the other. So that's and it's a tentative agreement. They're not coming out with terms or anything right now. I'm sure you hear. You'll hear, but more about that than than we will what actually is decided. But woo hooo, people back to work and all those cropt service people as you.
Speaker 3: Say, and boom sound and producers and everybody. So heads off to them for reaching a strike. Thank you Frands Dresser and the sag after people for coming to the table and finally meeting at a happy medium because people need to work, especially now. Okay, Bobby, we ain't gonna stay on that. We're glad about that. But yesterday, yeah, I mean today is Thursday, but Tuesday was voting day.
Speaker 1: It was voting day. Did you vote? Did you get your did you get your votes in?
Speaker 3: We mailed I was in this year because last year we did a whole little dance move from Beyonce, know I love, But the kids have jobs now so they were doing their own things. So we just did mail in ballet.
Speaker 1: We had just local stuff here, like like I didn't have anything. I didn't have anything that I needed to vote at. But for Democrats overall, uh, it's you know, what the talking heads are saying is pay attention. Republicans was as much as you think you might have it clinched. The Democrats had had a pretty good a pretty good night with reproductive rights really kind of kind of driving the victories we had. We had uh Gabe Ammo from Rhode Island.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is the first Democratic Congressman of color in Virginia. They totally flipped everything. Everything is Democrat right now. They took full control of the state House. They also the dem swept Virginia's legislator uh in a major blow to the GOP Governor Glenn Yuke. And I don't know if I'm saying his name correctly, but the GOP did get a win in Mississippi, Governor Tate. Uh. Tate Reeves is clinch his re elections.
Speaker 3: So and isn't he the one that was under investigation about the welfare scale?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't. I know it's south, but I can't say for sure.
Speaker 3: And it was in Mississippi, and I believe he was the one. I'm not sure y'all can look at that up, but I believe he will have to.
Speaker 1: I'll look at that for next week and we'll give a Y A R A. And then in deep Wright, Kentucky, right, they got a Democratic, a Democratic governor Amy Bisheer, Andy Bisher. Excuse me, I'm messing up the names today. He won the second term and abortion whites rights was one of his key campaign campaign points. And so I'm telling you, the women are standing up and standing up for themselves and the men are just following right along, as Hillary Clinton said.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate I appreciate that by me that the women are standing for the sales. I had an interview with Comedy Hype, and I see it. Women will have to stand just like y'all fought. Women fall for voting rights, women fight for equal pay. I love the fact that women are standing on it. That is the this and that is monstrous. That is great, It really is.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's pretty, it's pretty. It's pretty impressive. And Ohio was another state that made it a constitutional right with the passage of Issue one for for abortion. So you know we're doing all right. I don't know if you saw Hillary Clinton on the view yeah, but she reminded us that that she thinks that Biden actually is she feels Biden's the right man for the job against Trump. But she said that Reagan, her husband, Clinton, and Obama all of this point, we're all way behind in the polls, so you know, but but that doesn't mean that means dusted off, pay attention, get ready to vote, and you know, get out there and kind of beat the druma.
Speaker 3: So well with all the court cases, where all the court cases as Trump's face, and even with them saying that if he becomes the president, he can be the president from jail, it's vs. I believe that it's vs. That is just a distraction and a smoke tree at tactic. I did see Hilly plinting on it. And I love the fact that she said that if this man gets back in office the America that we know, we will never know again. Very well. We've been preaching over here, laugh to learn it's never that I've never I mean, I'm not saying I want him go to jail. I don't care whether he goes to jail or not. I just do not want him in public office, especially in the highest office in the land.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I don't think as much as everything. And I feel terrible because I feel like I'm making a two tiered system, but I'm really not. I'm stepping back and saying what is good for the country. And I don't think with such division in the country that putting this fool in prison is what's going to benefit all of us. I just don't think we should ever have to hear from him, right, I really do. I mean, we have, unfortunately, due to age, we have a crisis of confidence with President Biden. I don't know why because there's only three years in between the two of them, but Biden's administration really has to come out and make a better case and have him be making a better case.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing that they're not looking at. About two weeks ago, Trump was giving a press conference. He was calling Obama's name and everybody else names he had. He was all lewey Louis. So I'm like, well, who y'all looking at? Because maybe he was in my lovelies. I think he had been in my loveliest Bobby.
Speaker 1: But it's the truth, I mean, And you don't think he's ever going to get tested or or anything like that. He's more confused than anything. I mean, there is a whole o go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the whole doctor thing was a scam anyway, because remember he had the doctor and the doctor said he was two hundred and two hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: Pounds, Like what color fifteen?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Bobby six, one of my boobs are two fifteen if you don't have none at all?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my left thigh, my left thigh is two fifteen. Please?
Speaker 3: But who that he implemented in place to say what he wants them to say, and we will and that's going to get worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's that's only going to get worse. He had some people that sort of we're able to keep him in line, and when they I don't know, I want to say in line, but they sort of gave him the truth. But this time he's not going to go for that kind of people. Did you see his This is this isn't even the flow of conversation. But did you that I wanted to do? But did you see his attorney. She's twelve years old and she is playing dress up or for Halloween. She is a Millennia lookalike. I mean, that's about all he can get. He can't even get like a normal looking looking lawyer. He's got she looks and she's all by herself. Remember when he started out with these with these lawsuits, he had a team of people that were going yet. But now he's got this one girl that's that's sort of sitting behind beside him.
Speaker 3: Well, he made it to difficult for attorneys. If I was an attorney with all that hubla he was having in court last week, talking back to the jist, had there been any other regular, red blooded, regular American, we would have been held in contemporar court and would have been abundant coutely.
Speaker 1: And that's the two tier. I think the other problem is, I mean, I'm not writing his check book. I don't know if he's paying anybody.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a no brainer. You already know that he ain't paid nobody, including his taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that, that's absolutely But there's a whole group of people that are coming out that's saying, and one of them is a Harvard Law attorney as well, that's saying that he's reaching the Fourteenth Amendment. The Section three of the Fourteenth Amendment, which which was put into actually was to ratify to keep Confederates from from running for office. So but there there are questions with it was January sixth, you know, applying it was it an insurrection, did he actually engage, which I think we proved it that the or they proved that he did. And it says something about officers running and president isn't necessarily an officer. But people are going to be looking at it. I don't know if I think he thinks that he's going to be able to run, but I don't know if in the end, if he's going to be able to if people are really paying attention. And it goes to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Well, allegedly he wants to rewrite the Constitution. And I was watching Chris Christy on CNN today and last night at the debates, which we were going to get to. But Chris Christy was like, if he gets in, he will get rid of all of the whole voting system because that he was going to be and Hillary said that that authoritory intempt. Oh my god, I can't say the words, you know, the word Bobby authoritarian dictatorship. And he wants everything to go his way up under his rule. So and why would they put him in office when the first time when he lost to Joe Biden, he did not leave the office. He will not conceived. So do you think things are going to change? I'm like, oh my god. If he's on a vengeance. He has already said that if you win against him, he was going to use the DJ to go after everybody that was a good him up.
Speaker 1: So he's telling you, do you remember there's a Maya Angelou line that it's really supposed to be about a man and a woman. But if he tells you who he is, believe him.
Speaker 3: Somebody shows Yeah, the line is if somebody shows you who they are, believe them.
Speaker 1: That's it. And so that's he's coming right out and telling us, you know.
Speaker 3: Dancing but again a laugh and learning maybe three or four weeks ago. This country rewards bad behavior. The worst he acts, the more popular he becomes. It's mind boggling. It really is mind boggling.
Speaker 1: It is cultish. Even even Christy on one of his interviewers, said, Dodd, it goes it's sort of which I was just shocked. It sort of is. So he really holds onto that thirty percent of the GOP and we have to we have to shake through things loose. Unfortunately, we have people that aren't running. Buck is his last name. He's a congressman, but he's not running. He thinks that Ken ken Buck is his name. He's not going to re seek reelection. He says. His quote was, our nation is in a collision course with reality, which is going to be a real loss flame because these moderate people who know what reality is, if they start leaving the GOP, we're going to have more of the right wing.
Speaker 3: Nut jobs more get.
Speaker 1: That's exactly it. And Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 3: And look and Joe Manchin who decided not to run to West Virginia's government anymore, and that he didn't use the hell out of the state. Now he thinks about running for the president because you know, he made those people believe that he was going to bring back the cole Man just to play them and use the hell out of the state good. Some people just don't and he is behind. That blows me. Bobby, You don't you see it, but you just ignore it like it's gonna go away, Like if I got a ward on my aid. It's not gonna go away. It's gonna sit there until I do something about it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's we like all of the reality TV. We like all of the pageantry and all that nonsense. So yeah, mentioned and it's I mean, it's him not running as he's definitely fueling speculation that he's gonna mount some third party uh you know, election presidential bid. But but all that's gonna do is take from votes that that we might actually get independence votes who are the bulk of the voters right now. It's gonna it's gonna take those away from President Biden, which is gonna really f things up.
Speaker 3: It's it's and I think it's done purposely, honestly, you know that. I think it's done purposely because they really want this man back in that office, and they petrified of him. Let me take that back. I'm not going to say that they necessarily warn him back in the office, but they're so afraid of him that they go against the grain and fear of him getting back in the office. He's on a mission to be a battle act.
Speaker 1: Oh he's, he's and he's telling us it's a retaliatory. The whole thing is his retaliatory parade. It's his comeback tour, which is I imagine.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. By his come back to it, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: But you know who, you know who who won a New York City Council seat was the one of the exonerated Central Park five UH members, which I thought was pretty great. I thought, from prison, not that he should have been there, but to be able to actually run and maybe he'll he'll do a little something for the for the city. I'd like to see a little prison reform or something. I don't know what what his actual powers will be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a boomerange. Redemption is a beautiful thing going on from that, Bibby, let's go to this debate last night, because I watched the debate, and I'll tell you something, if I've never gotten more of a respect for Nicky Haley last night, I thought that Nicky Haley was not having any of the Vega River swami's yet when I tell you that he is a cookie cutter, three dollars bild phony, fake whatever he is, I don't get him. I don't know. I don't I think that he I know he made investments to get his money from what I hear, but he's I wouldn't I wouldn't trust him, Bobby if I needed a glass of water and my ass was on fire, you know.
Speaker 1: You just don't. I watched a little bit of it, and then I get bored. I just it's the same old, same old stuff that you sort of expect. But the clickbait stuff is sort of what we saw. And him going after her first, I'm talking about TikTok, and TikTok should go away. And I don't necessarily I like the idea of that type of platform for the kids, but the fact that you know that China is the one that's running and getting all of our personal information, I'm not so crazy about that. But him telling you so she maybe she should stay home with her children. I thought was just an absolute and she calls him scum.
Speaker 3: I loved her comeback. He told her she had nobody in three and tears. She said that five and I can run him. I say, get his ass and they can get him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's one of Yeah. He was telling her he doesn't want to dick Cheney with three on chills. You know, suck it. He needs a box to stand on.
Speaker 3: If you watch him the way he speaks, it's so calculated and so pretentious and nothing is real. I'm telling you, I don't know. Maybe I got a third that bland, but I see the fakest, phoniest, most ridiculous person ever. Oh yeah, I would like to I would like to put him in a box.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's anybody. That's anybody with privileged in money. And I don't care that he's of color. But you know, he came from a really nice, solid family. I think the father was a patent attorney or something, and the mother was a was a physician, maybe a psychiatrist, and he got to go to Harvard. You know, they probably paid the billy, probably didn't have to go on.
Speaker 3: With scholarships.
Speaker 1: And then he made all this gazillion dollars you know, investing coming out. He was a finance guy investing his money. So I don't think he's done a lot of hard physical work or worried. I don't think. I think the part that makes me nervous is when none of the candidates, or the candidates who have never worried about having a meal, you know, when they were a kid or an adult or putting a meal on the table, they can't they just can't identify with with people who have less stay on. So that's why I'm always amazed with Trump. Right, He's never had any He so couldn't care about the people who who are in his base. It's not even funny.
Speaker 3: This paperwork coming out because they are getting some of his ex employees from mar Lago because he was so frivolous and showing off the paperwork and bragging about it, and he had it. That is going to be and they trying to move their case. They're trying to get that trial in May, and I'm hoping they do because we need that trial before the Super Tuesday because that's when he might possibly get denomination.
Speaker 1: But what we really need is and I don't know if we're going to get it. Like my mom was watching, was watching everything that came out from Monday, and she said, why aren't we seeing it in the courtroom And I said, they're not going to film thema And she said, but if they don't, then his base is never going to believe what happened. You know, they're going to think there was some sort of flim flamming. So it would be nice if there was some sort of I don't know, some sort of thing that they could do that people could actually watch it in real time, or maybe not watch it in real time, but have clips for what happened. But I don't know if that's actually what's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: And that is such a catch twenty two Bobby though, because they'll say all they're they're they're they're bombarding him, or they're they're going after him as opposed to them. Thissens to say that he's being disrespectful in a quarter of law. That is the first thing they tell you is to respect the Jews. That's the problem. He has no respective authority.
Speaker 1: Actually for a bench trial, right the judge is one hundred deciding what's gonna happen with your with your like, where's your common sense with your life? You don't irritate them and you don't have your your you know, little miss Millennia irritate his attorney irritateum either. And she's outside boo hoo hoo, and she's talking about the pole numbers don't lie. And I'm thinking, sweetheart, in my best Boston accent, what the hell are you talking about? This isn't the run for the president. He's got to He's gonna be fine. Two hundred and fifty million, and blah blah blah. That's what you're supposed to be talking to, not about his poll numbers. He's even got her band bozzled.
Speaker 3: Somebody should have asked her to spell pole numbers. I'm just saying, well.
Speaker 1: Nipa, because she was on the pole though, just before that of an um bump, that's what she like. She sat there with her mouth open, and she's trying to do her best Malania, you know, that smoky stare or whatever. I don't know, God bless her her career. It'll either take off or this little ruin or the poor thing. But I did. We didn't hear a whole lot about what the kids said, other than they said that avuncle was very measured, you know, very measured what she spoke with. She didn't recall things. You know, she got a twelve an apartment in her father's building for less than twelve million. She had to finance underneath the underneath price. And how could that happen? Was it a gift from him? And she couldn't recall.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course she couldn't. And again, if we go back to my old coffee times, the smartest Trump kid was Tiffany because she's not involved in none of this foolishness. Mm hmm. She married her a billionaire and changed her name to Casper the Friendly Ghosts and got invisible. Smart girl she.
Speaker 1: Is, and she got the best of whatever. She probably got school paid for, although that wasn't necessarily him. The great grandmother put education funds in for them. But it'll be interesting to see that the fourth one, the fourth one's actually going to be on News Nation, Elizabeth Vargas and Megan Kelly, you're going to do it. I think it's It's in Alabama on December sixth, if memory serves me correctly. So we're loving the News Nation where my Chris Cuomo, who I love is from. Hey, you knew who I was speaking of, Chris Cuomo. You knew who he had on and it actually was on tonight. And I think it's somebody I don't know if you know anything about them, I have to tell you, I knew nothing before today, but I think it's somebody that we need to pay attention to. Is Maryland's Democratic governor Wes Moore? Hey, do you know anything about him?
Speaker 3: Very little?
Speaker 1: I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Now I could be I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, and some of the stuff that he's actually putting into place, he is uh, he's putting in for kids, for high school kids. He you know this in this gap year society that we have but a year of service. And in the year of service, you know, he'll give them jobs make fifteen thousand dollars. They have the ability to get a six thousand dollars award which they can put towards college, trade school, or career. They'll also have access to continued coaching through any of those three things. They have to work thirty hours a week. I just thought, if this is instead of going into the service, it's his state will allow you to do this instead. So I'm thinking, and I'm thinking. We were talking about drafts and stuff. I think in one of the coffee times or if a draft came, and I thought, wouldn't this be nice if some of the states offered this instead. You can work with elderly people, you could do anything within that year.
Speaker 3: The only problem I have with that, Bobby is I love I love that whole thing, but it's so many Republicans running up under the Democratic ticket to smoke screen Americans, and we've seen to be a little slow this generation. We seem to be a little special sauce we do because we fall for the okie dook all the time. And that's my fear. Are you just saying the right things to get in position and then you're gonna flip the script because it keeps happening. A lot of these Republicans are running as Democrats, but they still have the Republican partisan. It's partisanship and the pre Republican mentality. And that's not to say that all Republicans are bad.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like the part about work for your living. I like that part. But give me apple opportunity and give me equal opportunity to earn my money. Don't discredit me or discard me because I'm black, or I'm a minority, or I'm trained so I can't make equal pay. That is how women feel. I want equal pay, So give me ample opportunity, especially if I have the education I'm qualified to do the job. A lot of them are just running as like, what does the Bible say a woof in sheep's clothing. Maybe it's a lot of wolves and it could be.
Speaker 1: And I don't as I said to you, I started out, I don't know, but I liked his I liked his vernacular. He was really excited because the FBA, FBI is because the building and the building is literally falling apart in Washington. D see the installations moving to Maryland, and he was very haph think it's gonna bring seventy five hundred jobs and this is makes Marylyn now the tech capital of the country. And he just I don't know. I just got a kind of a good vibe off him. And of course Chris was pushing him. Why wouldn't you want to want to run where there is such a crisis with Biden right now? Why wouldn't you want to think about it? And he said, no, I'll support him. I think he's doing a great job. I'm going to support him. And not all of us are meant for certain positions. Some of us are meant to be to be in a supporting role. He went from being a big finance guy to deciding that he wanted to fight in the war in Afghanistan. He did that, he came back, came back and sort of put his life together. I don't know, I got some warm fuzzies off of him, so I just thought, geez, I'm gonna I'd love to keep he seems young. I don't know. I'm gonna have to look up his age when we're off. I'd like to see him in the next ten years be running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as watching a bag last night, Tim Scott w os wasteless space and as much as you know I was, Christy was offence writer to me, I'm really liking the fact that he is really publicly going after Trump and giving out all information. So maybe you know, people can change, people can learn. I think he learned because before he was a Trump gooobla woolah woola. But I think he learned, and I appreciate that. I don't know who is going to come down to Bobby, but I do like some of Nikki Haye. I like a lot of Nicki Haley's talking points.
Speaker 1: I like some of them. I like a little I don't. I don't like anything from Mama Swammy. I don't like anything from Scott so yeah, and I don't like anything from DeSantis.
Speaker 3: You notice how you notice how we never mentioned his name at all. He was obsolete. I almost forgot that he was running. I almost forgot that he was a part of the debate last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was. Yeah, He's the only thing that I liked about all of them is they y'all started out by by they are saying that they all sort of appreciate what other than Ramaswamy, what Biden was doing with the wars, you know, like by supporting, by sending the packages by you know, of course they have to kind of you know, kick the can down the down the road. But that's all right because on they're on the other side. But I sort of liked that.
Speaker 3: But remember when we when I told you that we were not going to discuss the war. Rama Swami might have put the nail in his coffin last night talking about that war because it is such a touchy everything on both sides. You know, he wants to take Saz. He might put his nail in his coffin because that that Israel Palestine. That is very scary, Bobby, it is.
Speaker 1: It's a crappy situation. All we can do is is support them. But we're we have backed They're going to have a four hour break the Israelis every day and to try to us try to get humanitarian aid into Palestine. So it's it's we're sort of as Americans, we're sort of in a no win situation. We have to support our sister country our ally, but we also can see the need. So let's hope that that something happens with that. I did, like I don't know if you saw. It was probably a week ago. Zelensky, Ukraine's president. You know, Trump was going on that within twenty four hours he would have the if he when he gets back into office, he would have the Ukraine war shut down. Well, Zelensky invited him to come over, and he said, but it will only take me twenty four minutes to explain, not twenty four hours, why that can't happen, and let me show you. Well Trump didn't pick him up on his invitation, but I thought that get him where he's at. You know, you invited him right over. There's no way in hell he want to go into a war zone anyway. He's not that. He's not a president Biden who's going to go over and worry about the people cruel.
Speaker 3: Remember this is the same one who hid under the bunker and it wasn't nothing happening. So yeah, we no better right, right, you know, it is. It is bananas there, and I'm glad that people came out to vote. I'm telling you, I was so happy to see all of the women who came out to vote against that whole abortion thing. And there was a commercial in Ohio. This is how the guy in Ohio lost. They had a young lady who did a commercial and she said when she was twelve years old, her stepfather constantly molested her and raped her and she got pregnant at him, and she's like, she didn't want to have the baby, but they forced her. So I thought that was so such a strong commercial against them messing with women's rights because it's not our choice, it's not our bodies, it's not our choice.
Speaker 1: We don't have to agree, so you don't have to do it for yourself. But you can't tell somebody else because everybody, everybody has different a different belief system, and who's to know what's exactly right. I can tell you what's right for me, but I can't tell you what's right for you. Now that your way, I want to know, it's not my business.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm double protected. I've had to psected me and got my twolstad I guarant see you. I'm not getting pregnant plus laughing. This is laughing learned lady.
Speaker 1: Get a certain age, so menopause.
Speaker 3: And when you say men o pause two men exactly what? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, please my mind. My eggs are hard boiled and they and they've brought it already. They're like an old easter egg that you find two months later hiding in a bush. Did you see Tracy Chapman's song Fast Car Wanted to c A?
Speaker 3: Is that great first black, first person of color to win writing, Best Best Writer, Best Song? You know? I thought, and you know what I loved about the Country Music Show last night, Bobby. It is so different from what it used to be. It used to be only like hell Billies and Red Nicks, and I don't mean that.
Speaker 1: With their jeans.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Even started with Jelly Row. Jelly. I just fell in love with Jelly Row. His personality is so fun. He has beautiful voice, and I was so glad to see with no Ona writer and I just love the country. The face of country music has changed because all we had as a black country music artist for years was Darius Rutger. That's all we had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I goot uh I yeah, I got I thought she she did, she did all right. She was in Naoma, that's the mother. Why no, why no, najad. She she did all right. She said she was so nervous with Jelly Roll coming out that she wanted to she wanted to do a really good job. But you know, hey, God bless her. I thought you. I thought you did great. But I thought what a coupe for for Tracy, especially thirty five years after it was written. I mean, talk about getting kudos. And you know what else? I loved this week? And I know this isn't political, but it's fun stuff to talk about because he's our age. Is Patrick Dempsey winning winning, you know, hunk of the year or whatever the hell it is?
Speaker 3: What hold on Bobby? Back that up? I am not your age. I'm thirty nine. Don't do that. Jelly Roll and I, jelly Roll and I are the same age, We're just not the same side. But I love his story prison and you know that life and he look at look at him now. This is is a story of the American dream. Because you have hiccups and mistakes. If you come come out and you have a plan and you go after your dream, it could happen. Now. I love his story. I love it. I don't love his shape, but I love history, and I love his voice.
Speaker 1: I do too. And I love the idea of second chances right and at any age you know the wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, Bobby, second chances. Be careful how you say that, because remember we got somebody running an office that wants a second chance.
Speaker 1: Not that second chance, no second chances with with coming back with life. I love it, you know. I'm liking I'm liking seeing people kind of explode and kind of come into their own in their fifties thinking it's all over. Not for him, but I do. I do love that he had the opportunity. But I thought that was great. And Usher is I read Usher is heavy into the Super Bowl rehearsals.
Speaker 3: He is such an and he is such an amazing entertainment. My favorite songe by Usher, is you make me want to leave the one i'm with start a new relationship with you, I asked, my son, he's very sick. Let me tell you something I don't know about them, room, I'll tell you what I don't know about them, Rumors about what he's supposedly Hey, it's allegedly. I don't believe it, but I'm telling you, if I'd have made him on my youth, I would definitely have herbes if that was the case, I would definitely.
Speaker 1: Have Absolutely, he is a panty dropper. There's something, you know, some people just have it like this. You can have guys or women just the same. They can pull it together and they clean up while, but they're not you know, they're not stunning or thank you.
Speaker 3: Bobby, thank you Bobby, I clean up?
Speaker 1: Will you beyond clean up? While and you're stunning. But some people they just have it. There's just a kind of an aura about them, and I think, are sure. You know, he's a good looking guy, but he's got that sex appeal that makes him like twenty times better look at and he keeps even at his age, he keeps himself an unbelievable shape. It's all the dancing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that roller skating and the dancing. And you know, if he could dance like that off the floor, imagine his rhythm in the bedroom. Good God, Jesus, take oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well that's why he's been in. He's been in a few times. Hey did you see that the the riverboat dock worker, the the one that with the head. The riverboat captain asked him to get off the boat, move and move the pontoon and the whole big debacle.
Speaker 3: He's being charged, yeah, of course because they were fighting.
Speaker 1: Because now he'll probably be exonerated when he gets in there. He doesn't seem to be worried about it. But the two people there were there were three other people and Alan and a Mary Todd and then the the kid who picked up the chair. They were they were all charged as well. There there's hasn't gone to I think it's happening in November.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that they I think that they charged like both sides because they wanted to show some kind of fairness. I don't I know that from what we've seen because I wasn't there, But from what we see and we all seen the same thing, I don't think that they instigated it. But I think that if they wouldn't have charged the other the black people, and only charged the white people, that it would have been cements. And again, the guy with the chair was hitting everybody, the women and everything.
Speaker 1: So I was never That's what I didn't like about that. It's that a he wasn't he was, I guess in his mind or he's trying to say he was protecting people, but you were hitting the people on the ground. Nobody had attacked him, and he was hitting the people that were already down, hit the people that are common at you are at a standing, but don't know that I'm teaching him how to how to be naughty. But I just thought that was I was a little disappointed. I was like, you know, I wasn't. I wasn't looking for that, or it's.
Speaker 3: Something that you would want to It's not over. It's not over yet, so we'll see what happens in court.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to mention because you had you had sent it to me, I hadn't done a whole lot of investigation prior to it. Is that Elijah McClain case that this these there are three cops who have been that has been in trio. Well, no one one was held, one got charges, one one wasn't, and then this guy wasn't. And the reason that this guy didn't get any charges is because he wasn't near He wasn't near McLean at the time he had left. He went over to talk to a supervisor on the phone, and then he was in the car and when when I guess he died from a ketymine overdose. No, I don't. I never knew that paramedics are e mts. I'm assuming they're paramedics were able to give kennymine to anybody. I guess they do it for delirium, you know, because you get that you're strong and all that jazz. But I don't know. I don't this this too much to this case that I would have loved to have a little more detail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we were, Yeah, we would dive into that more. But I'm telling you the guy was special needs, and I'm not going to say that you could see that he was specially but he was so passive and he was like, I'm just kidding off. He was just little.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even say special, he was just a little. He just marched to the beat of his own drummer.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The call originally came in because he was flailing his arms and he had a ski cap on. But friends said he might have been dancing, you know, like that wouldn't be unusual for him to be dancing, and that just because you weren't a ski you know, you shouldn't. I mean, you don't need kennemy just because you have a ski mask. You know what he probably was playing. I mean, not that I am no psychiatrist. I wonder if he was just on the spectrum, you know, so socially, if people come up to him, that would make him very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: How about he was in a joyful place and just walking down the street happy. I do that sometimes I skip, you know, I don't, I don't pretty much, and there would wear hoodie. But maybe he was just in a good place and it just I don't know. He didn't know how to express himself, and from what we saw on the video, they didn't allow him an opportunity to express himself. They just went after this young medu. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, well I think what happened is I'm guessing, and I don't know the personalities of the cop, especially the Woodyard, the one that originally spoke to him. You know, so sometimes people don't like when they get ignored, and I think that that's what he was doing. I think that he kind of That's why I'm wondering if he was on the spectrum. I think he kind of put his head down and he was mumbling a bit, and I think he just wanted to get home because he was I think he could almost see his house, like he only lived like across the street from the convenience store. But follow him home, like, you know, like let's see if he's only across the street, just make sure he got into his own house. Because he wasn't bothering anybody. The caller said, he didn't look like he had a weapon. They were just frightened. That's something he was having, some sort of you know, problem or fit.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, which goes back to these people need sensitivity training, and you need to put people who look people who look like you and have grew up in your hood to under your neighborhoods that understand you and your ways to be police officers and be authority in those neighborhoods. Because you cannot take a square and put it in a round pig. It just will never fit. And a lot of these police officers and people of authorities are They get the jobs and then they put them in situations where they don't understand them. I'm sorry they say that Black people talk progressively. We talk with our hands. We can get a little force when it seems like we're angry, but we're really not. That's just the way we talk and we understand it. Just like I've seen white people get drunk and they talk, but but they're not gonna hit you. They just that's when they're gone, they drunk or and I've seen white people be very passive and mean with all people. Ain't gonna just blame no color, but people just so. But you need to know how to de escalate the situation. And a lot of these younger officers, especially have no training in the escort. It is all about force and.
Speaker 1: Power in controlling power, right, So I think that they want to make sure they're not losing it. Something that we had heard, because I feel like we've had this conversation so many times over the past year. One of the things that had come out is that is sort of under police reform, And it might have been President Biden even that had said it, you know, because he's leaving it up to the states, but he said something that he would like to see is social workers, more social workers in police roles. So if you thought that there was some sort of sight thing that was happening, you could have called flame and she could have met them. She could have been one of the officers that met them, and she might have been able to speak a little better because I don't think this kid's language was black or aggressive. I think this kid's language was, as you said, a little special, a little not the same as as somebody else's. So he needed to have people stand away from him. He needed to have, you know.
Speaker 3: Because isn't it like what is what is? Isn't it like like off burgers or something. They can't have that on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, they have soci no aspergers. You said it right, That's what he means by in the spectrum. He might have had some sort of autistic tendencies and they don't like to be touched, and they don't people crowding them. It's very threatening to him. And I think what happened was I don't think he was aggressive. I think he shut down. Somebody thought at one time he went for the gun, but he might have been just like flailing and hit it or I don't think he was going for the gun. But I mean, it's a tragedy period because everybody said he was lovely, he was some sort of massage therapist.
Speaker 3: I don't like the fact that they like I don't like that that that is not that is not speaking, that's not showing a good light for the American justice system. But we already know better than that.
Speaker 1: Well, we need to change. We need to change our laws too. So if they were trying to get this guy on the first of reemanslaughter and he wasn't proud and he you know, like, they maybe charge them. I think sometimes the das are a little aggressive and they want to get the most. But let's get something that we can actually get him on, do you know what I mean? Like, I don't think I think that might have if he's not and if he wasn't around, then you're not going to get first degree. But that's what the jury had to choose, right, So I don't know. I think we have to We really do need a reform.
Speaker 3: We need prayers to his mom and his family and all the people involved. You know what I'm gonna be. I'm gonna be a bigger person to that. I'm gonna even pray for the officers if they find some kind of solace and peace, because that there is hell in their heart and there is miserably misery. And I'm not saying that I wish them joy, but I hope wonder that they could find rediption in peace. Wow, Bobby, this was an episode you are just oh my god, it.
Speaker 1: Was and can I end it? Can we end it on one saying that let's remember what Saturday is, everybody, It's Veterans Day, and let's try to do something nice for a veteran. Tell people that we appreciate their service. Flame and I appreciate all the veterans out there and anything that they've done for our country and their families especially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, LB is a man, all your sacrifices. LB is a veterroom. I'm gonna give her a little extra special kiss for veterans.
Speaker 1: Bed, dirty bird. You're dirty Veterans Day, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, lady, we appreciate you guys so much. Three years in slaugh and Learn, I just love my new co host, Bobby Clifford. She is such a delight And I love the positive messages that you guys send me for Bobby because of the conversation that this Irish American woman can have with this black, this black person of trans experience. But guess what if you remove all the titles, the hair, the color. We are all Americans. I say that all the time. You got to remember we Americans, and we need to save our country because she loves us and we need we need to show her that we love her back. Because you're a laugh larin. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind. Because why Bobby.
Speaker 1: Because the mind is a terrible thing to waste, so wasted.
Speaker 3: And some of y'all are terrible. Y'all managers just shot the shit. Let me just see. But we appreciate you here. We thank you for listening in. We ask you to like, subscribe, share, tell your friends to listen to us on laugh and Learn. All we talk about is just what is happening from our perspectives. We are not trying to get you to go this way or that way. We just want you to go the way that makes you feel comfortable. Thank you, mister Aaron Howard, our great producer, Toots. I will see you on next week.
Speaker 1: I will see you too. But let me ask you before you hang up, where are you going to be? Are you gonna be? Are you you still have a date or two with Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, I do. Still on tour with Tiffany has we the eighteenth we will be in Oakland and the fifteenth I will be at the Miracle Theater with Chris Pincher. I'm not on the show. I'm just hanging out. But I guess some other dates coming up tentatively, So we're waiting. We negotiating the money. You know. I don't release nothing until I got a contract in my paper. Than but thank you guys for showing us. Thank you, iHeart, thank you, Black Effect Network, charlamage to God. But keeping us and our my rhetoric and our foolishness and our whatever we have to bring from our perspective. That is very important to us that we have a platform that people listen and actually learn from listening to us, because I hear that all the time. It's great. I appreciate it. Thank you, Bobby Clever. I'll see you next week too. Ay con good Bobby saying say it for Bobby. Thank you, Aaron Pace. Y'all don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 4: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, al Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 4: Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Our objective producer is Tiffany Hattish.
Speaker 4: Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and Learn