Speaker 1: Power rankings are powered by Arena Club. Yes, go check out the platform if you're into buying or selling cards. Okay, Cam, We're gonna let you go first. Then KP's gonna follow you. I'll go last. Give me your one through ten. We'll throw the board up there and talk us through how you got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I try to think outside of the box, right. I don't like to be like everybody else. So I love that we don't conversate before we send in our picks. So for me, number one is the Milwaukee Brewers. We talked about it the other day. They have a great leader and man and Pat Murphy. I think you know what they continue to do every year special. Then you have the Cubs right there. You know the record doesn't lie. I love the offense saying Suzuki should be getting a lot more love as we talk about Kyle Tucker and PCA, who's been phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And then you got the Phillies. You talk about it all the time, Scott.
Speaker 2: If Phillies do what they do do in the regular they went out and got one of the best bullpen guys in the game. I love the setting when he comes in. Now it's lit and the Blue Jays. Right, they locked up their guy in Bladdy Junr. They're playing good baseball right now. They look in thus they look like they're excited to be back headed to the playoffs. The Dodgers are have five for me right now, right a little bit, still in first place, right, still doing what they do and finding the way to win ball games. I've got Padres at six. I told you, I love the chemistry. I love the way they're playing for each other. They have the most impressive trade deadline of anybody in my eyes. I think, you know, filling up a lot of different holes. You got the Mets at seven. Still worried about their rotation a little bit. I love what the Manners do. They have one of the best starting rotations in the game. I mean it speaks for itself. You talk about Josh Nayler still in bases. They got one of the best, you know, first base coaches. I still stand on it, even though AJ is probably watching. They have one of the best hitting coaches and Kevin Seizer. Then you got the Tigers rounding it out. Love what they're doing. I still worry about that offense. The Astros, like KP said, earlier teams like the Astros, the Guardians. They just find a way to win when it's time to win. And that's probably what a top ten power ranking should look like. If you have anything different, I'm sorry, you're probably wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then we're gonna quickly go to KP, but I'm gonna make sure I point out a couple of things I noticed, KP, as you're going to walk us through yours. I did not see the Red Sox or the Rangers on CAMS lists, and they're not on mine either. I'll get to that. I also noticed there is one team that is in a very different spot KP on yours compared to CAMS. Do you know the team that I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I was really nervous doing this. This was my first time doing this, and I was nervous. And I will say that I factored in the standings, I factored in trade deadline acquisitions, and really just how they played recently. I mean, I don't know how everyone does their power ranking board, and I will say I went a little bit conservative here. I added an eleventh team. I had to tie it too, But I will say teams probably from five, five to ten are probably interchangeable. So if we can get my list up there, But the very obvious is I went with the Brewers number one. How could you not go with the Blue Jays at number two? With you know, they're in first place and probably the toughest division in baseball. I know they just played the Rockies, but you still got to beat bad teams, and you know, winning games in the major leagues is hard, and what they just did in Colorado was historic. You know, the Phillies with their rotation, their star power, the Phillies are the Phillies. The Mets was a team that as we got into the conversation about the Mets a little bit, I could have probably moved them down a little bit there. But like I said, probably from this point on, I think all those teams could kind of be interchangeable for me. But I had to give my flowers to the Red Sox. I have to give my flowers to the Rangers because the way the Red Sox have been playing, uh after the break and what the Rangers were able to do after the trade deadline and you know, almost swept, almost swept. The Yankees just swept the series before and I still don't think they're firing on all cylinders offensively. I definitely think they deserve to be in there, but I didn't want any want to get upset with me, so I had to go with the next team. I probably I probably could have. I probably could have put the Tigers in there too, but the Tigers aren't playing great right now. I do believe that they are a top ten team, but right now, the way that they've been playing over their last ten or fifteen games, you know, they're just the next team probably looking in for me. Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, so Cam, first off, just with the obvious, are we okay with eleven? When we.
Speaker 3: KP? This?
Speaker 2: Listen, if you ask anybody about KP, one of the best guys you're ever gonna come across.
Speaker 3: And it still shows. Still listen, this is what I learned KP. And I had to learn this in my first year.
Speaker 2: You can't make it everybody happy, all right, man, Hey, you know what, you'll have to leave somebody else. And it's kind of fun when you go to your you know, your little X page and you see people giving you, you know, giving.
Speaker 3: You hell a little bit. It's fun a little bit. So I encourage you to tap in to Pisson somebody trouble.
Speaker 4: Trouble finds me. Believe me, Believe me. I've been dealing with it for a while. But I'll be honest with you. I got the text from the group, you know, send your power rankings in, so I was I looked at the standings. I looked at like how they've been playing recently, and then I just started typing names in the order and I got to nine and ten so quick, and I was like, dang, I forgot some teams. So that's the that's the real reason why I put the eleventh team in there is because I just started typing teams and I'm like, dang, I forgot about the Cubs. And instead of fully rearranging everything, I just, you know, took the easy way out and I put you know, ten teams, and you're lucky. I didn't really do what I wanted to do, because after five, I believe all those teams are interchangeable right now.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's fun. That's why it's power rankings, and that's why the Cubs two and you Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing. I understand. It's my list. It's my list. It's not it's not scientifically proven. I have no hypothesis. It's my list. You can't argue with me about my list. That is my opinion. You can go out and have your top ten ranking and I'm not going to argue you. We can have some friendly debate about it, like, hey, why do you believe that this team's in the four hole or not the sixth hole. It's my list. Stop getting mad at me for how I feel. And this is this is the list that came up with.
Speaker 3: I want to see Scotty's though. I want to see what Scotty has.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here, I'll walk you through it. I mean, the Brewers are the smallest TV market, bottom third pay roll, and they're like, don't care. They're one right now, best record in baseball. I think it's a team that's going to be really good. They've got it all going. Yes, I factored in trade deadline. I didn't love what they did obviously, but they're still cranking, so I'm good there. Dodgers two for me, records still there, Guys are coming back, like Muncie making a big difference, maybe Roki at some point, Philly for me at three. They got stronger at the trade deadline. I like what they're bringing to October with that bullpen. Is it the best in baseball? No, but it's going to be up there for October when you shrink how many people you need to trust bullpen wise, So I like what the Phillies are selling me, and it's a really good regular season team. Padres jump up there in the number four slot, and that could move even quicker if they keep this up. That's a basically new looking team to me. Mets five really strong year, bad past week or so. I still don't love as I always have the Frankie montass edition, and I think he'll be booted at some point from the rotation, but for now, still a very good team. I was close with them in the Cubs. Cubs a better offense right now. I don't trust their pitching as much as I do the Mets. Mets starters probably in a similar spot, but I like their bullpen better than the Cubs Blue Jays, so this is the big difference for me. I've got six teams in the National League and then I begin the American League, which is exactly what I did last year. And here we are again, Blue Jays, Tigers, Astros, Mariners rounding it out for me. Tough one for me, guys was Red Sox and Rangers. I think there's a top twelve, and then I think it's a big drop off, but that's not how this works. So anyway, that's my Hey, it does work like that.
Speaker 4: I have eleven teams. You could you could have done what I did.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 4: You know I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I will. I will say where I do agree with you the most, Scotty, and.
Speaker 2: Where I have my most difficult time, because I think me and you are have been lockstep mckeeal on this. I think the National League is so far superior than the American League. But I do believe the Blue Jays are the exception right now. I like what they have and that's why they're in my top three. I do as I as I look, and this is why I love doing this because you guys.
Speaker 3: I am, I want to say, easily swayed. But the more I look at it, I do agree with you. Agree with you guys.
Speaker 2: If you did disagree with me that I probably could move the Tigers down on my list for sure. Yeah, I would, Scotty. I liked all the National League teams. I like how you did it because I do agree with you. I don't think like KP said, I don't anymore think that's the toughest division in baseball. I really don't. I think Tampa is, you know, I think they are who they are. Who else The Orioles.
Speaker 3: Are not what they've been the last two seasons.
Speaker 2: So and the Yankees, just to be honest with you, they are so inconsistent and they beat themselves so much that it has hard for me to say that like I used to believe that.
Speaker 3: So I do agree with you, Scott, I do like your list.
Speaker 2: On the fact that I do believe the National League is much more superior than the American League this year.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah, I mean, just for my test, that's what I'm seeing. And also someone from that top team is waiting to join us, so we're going to get to him. Let's show his teammate here on the way out, Christian Yelich. There's one of thousands and thousands of cards that you can acquire on Arena Club, either by buying if you have that card, selling slab packs if you're looking to get a big card but it's super expensive. This is an opportunity for you to land that card, the Holy Grail. Look it up arenaclub dot com, slash foul. I get the question all the time, Am I getting the actual card? Of course, it's in your showroom, and if you want the card itself, you ask for it and you get it physically. But if you're trying to sell, you don't need get the card physically. You can just sell it within the platform. Use the code foul foul for twenty percent off your first lab pack or card purchase.
Speaker 4: Crats.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of people out there that pay rent and they don't get anything for it.
Speaker 4: Might as well change that.
Speaker 3: You can get some rewards for flights, hotels, tons of stuff.
Speaker 1: With BUILT. You can earn flexible points that can be redeemed towards airlines, hotels, a future rent payment, your next lift right, and much more. It doesn't stop there. Built is about making your entire neighborhood more rewarding. You can dine out at your favorite local restaurants and enjoy experiences just for BUILT members. Every month, they're turning a monthly expense into an opportunity to earn rewards and discover the best that your neighborhood has to offer. Your rent is finally working for you. Earn points on rent and around your neighborhood wherever you call home by going to join built dot com slash foul. That's JOI, n BI l T dot com slash foul. Make sure to use our URL so they know we sent you join built dot com slash foul. Go for it, all right, I'll set this up and then former Blue Jay Kevin Pilar is gonna sizzle. So Jay's Journal with Jake Ferrara writing, put something out called outside of Rogers Center. Is there somewhere in Canada where MLB could showcase a Blue Jays game? This is coming off the Speedway series. MLB always does a few things per year in places outside of the normal ballparks, or in Sacramento's case, they're doing that for years. Sorry I had to, but anyway, they could play anywhere in the country.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This is Canada's team, so they have played at Montreal's Olympic Stadium. But there are other spots that are pointed out in this article. They said BMO Field, which is home to Toronto FC, although that's still in Toronto. Commonwealth Stadium is the largest stadium capacity in all of Canada fifty six thousand plus in Edmonton. And then they said BC Place is the biggest stadium, which is British Columbia located in Denver. That's got fifty four thousand and five hundred and it hosts both the CFLBC Lions and the MLS Vancouver white Caps. So, KP, what do you got for us? What should they do to have a little tour over the years, And they should definitely do this right, try to set up some games across Canada for fans that are living really far away from Toronto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys, sit this one out. Let me cook here real quick. You mentioned the games in Montreal. I got a chance to go play in those games in Montreal. I think we played the Mets one year and we played the Cardinals one year, And how could I forget that? That was we brought Vladimirica Guerrera on that trip. He was seventeen, eighteen years old at the time. Hit a walk off home run in the ninth inning. You talk about loud stadiums, these were exhibition games in Montreal. These fans are dying for baseball there and just for these exhibition games, you know, fifty sixty thousand people. I don't know what the stadium holds, but it was sold out for both nights. We talk about a couple of these other places, Vancouver would be the very obvious one. They love sports there. I had a chance to play there in the minor leagues for the Vancouver Canadians. Great baseball town. But the best part about being a Toronto Blue Jay is when you go to places like Minnesota, when you go to places like Seattle, when you go to any bordering state to Canada, you were getting those type of fans that are coming to see you for the first time and they were selling out those stadiums. And another great part about being a Toronto Blue Jay is where most teams do fan fest, which is typically just in your city, which Toronto is now doing. The Blue Jays are now doing fan Fest in Toronto, which they had never done. When I always a member there, we would caravan across the entire country. We would pick different places across the country and everywhere you go there were Blue Jay fans. There is so many great places. I've been to Edmonton, I've been to Alberta, But if I had to pick my number one destination, which is probably the most beautiful place on Earth. It would be in bands. It has to be in the summer because it gets really really cold in the winter.
Speaker 1: Okay, do they have capacity there to host you guys or to host the Jays?
Speaker 4: No, but they need to start working on that.
Speaker 3: Now, what about what about Calgary? I'm looking at like, what about.
Speaker 4: I mean Calgary Calgary. I've been to Calgary. I've been, I've been to a Flames game there and obviously passionate fans, But Calgary is also home to one of the biggest rodeos, the Calgary Stampede, in the summertime. What would be better? There would be no better event for me personally than going to Calgary in the summertime going to the rodeo, which I've heard is just the most insanely fun, insane event. Pairing that with a Blue Jays game, there you go. This would be unbelievable for baseball, This would be unbelievable for Canada, for Blue Jays fans. We gotta make it happen. Calgary Stampede meets Toronto Blue Jay What a What a week what a weekend?
Speaker 2: I'm there, Hey, somebody hits a homer. Guy comes out of the pin on the ball, right, like, let's go. Hell, I mean it, it would be awesome, right, it would be sweet. I would love to see it.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me let me be a dreamer. I'm not a logistics guy. I'm not building the stadiums. I'm not feeling them out. Let me dream on this. So my two places Colgary during the Stampede and then Banff and do they have the facilities? Not my problem, I'm just dreaming. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hire outsource it and it's not going to be the group that did the Speedway Classic. No offense to them, but they had culinary issues. I will say though. On the field, it was super cool to watch that event and it gets me thinking of how they did the race car doing a lap for a home run. That kind of stuff's cool.
Speaker 4: I loved that.
Speaker 1: I mean from a from a visual perspective, it was great.
Speaker 4: So I'm all, I want to see more. I want to see more. I think it's a shame that, you know some of the issues, and obviously the fans are really important. They need to be treated correctly, especially with the rain delay. And you know, I was away, but I was watching the game on TV and I'm seeing kids in there. You know, sitting with their parents with their ponchos on and the fact that the food situation wasn't very good. I don't want to let that overshadow from you know, at least my point of view being at home and seeing it on TV. What a really cool event, the first time we had Major League Baseball in the state of Tennessee. We need more of that, and we can't overdo it. We can't have it every weekend. But I love these events.
Speaker 1: I agree, I love them too. So if you're doing this in Canada, I know they have great food at the ballpark at Rogers Center, but what are you making sure that you show off in a showcase event that everyone would be watching in a different destination in Canada? What's the go to out there?
Speaker 4: I mean the obvious is the pootine. You gotta go poutine for people that don't know pooftine. That's basically not choose, but use French fries and you could pretty much put whatever type of toppings on this. Yes, and you go as basic as you want. You can go as extreme as you want, but you know, for ballpark food, you have to have poutine.
Speaker 3: That was my favorite thing as a visitor. I will ask the you know, the guys.
Speaker 2: In the kitchen, like, hey, anyway you could have me some poutine after the game, please, Maybe some bacon, maybe a little beef on there, you know, whatever you want some jalapenos.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, you're right.
Speaker 4: I mean I will take this kind of I mean we're in the same you know, realm of conversation. But do you guys have somewhere that you would like to see a game played? You know, maybe aside from like Canada. But like, I mean, the racetrack idea was good. Could they do it in like Daytona, Florida? I mean, obviously the racetrack thing has been done, but there's so many other great creative ideas.
Speaker 1: Scott, you go, I got one. Yeah, I mean I have a bunch. But the one that stands out to me because it's part of a bigger problem in our sport is Omaha. I would love them to play a baseball game in Omaha and have the draft there during the College World Series. Why is it a good idea? Because it was an idea that was actually discussed and I think was going to happen, and then COVID kind of ruined it, and then somehow we took it to the All Star Game, where I think it gets overshadowed. So I think it would crush out there. Obviously, there's plenty of players that are getting picked from high school and the fans that show up for the College World Series don't necessarily know them. But there are plenty of college starts. It's a way to elevate them. So I think you make that a showcase, you make that part of the College World Series experience, and you get a game over there plus the draft and now you're talking. I like that idea. I think that would be super cool. What do you guys think that would be cool?
Speaker 3: I think that would be sweet. I think that would be awesome. That would be so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be awesome to kind of integrate everybody and everything together.
Speaker 3: That would be sweet.
Speaker 2: But for me, I think playing for the Padre is one thing that I really really love so much was honoring our militaries, and for.
Speaker 3: Me, I think a naval base, like I know you have to get around.
Speaker 2: Like some security stuff, but I think like if you could somehow put a you know, stadium or build something like they did, like do everywhere, you know a field and do it on a naval base just to kind of on our military. Maybe have you know, different branches of our military show up as well as some fans.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it would be some security checkpoints you have to go through, but I think that would be so cool to do it on like a you know, on the water or something crazy or you know, some type of bass.
Speaker 1: I'm with you in cam Obviously, it would be a smaller event, so I would say, just keep the military personnel to keep it right. You know, it's not it's not a money maker, although the TV side would be right so that that covers the event. But I think that would be sick. I'm all for.
Speaker 2: I think that would be awesome, Like maybe like on the water, like that would be crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna you know, I'm a piggyback the because I'm a big military guy, and I think we we owe it to them to you know, do a game at a Navy base and kind of highlight what they do, you know, for us in order to play baseball, what they do for a country. To piggyback that it needs to be done in Hawaii because I would love to see baseball in Hawaii. I love going to Hawaii. I know it has got a rich culture of baseball. So do the military game at a naval base in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Boom, done, amazing. That would be awesome. Yeah, yeah, and we got it. Okay, we'll bring attention to it. We'll do the show their live ft from Hawaii, Hawaii.
Speaker 4: We got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I'm with you. I agree. I would love to see a game out.
Speaker 3: There, a k pre and post game. We got it.
Speaker 1: It's done, done, done.
Speaker 4: We'll do the Hawaii I'm there.