Speaker 1: Don't you hate when your parents want to check in on your relationship all the time and they thrill you, just grill you with all these invasive questions like, so, how's it going with you two?
Speaker 2: Which hotel is the wedding at again?
Speaker 1: Why won't you let me meet my Grandchild's annoying?
Speaker 2: Well, wow, I'll admit sometimes we.
Speaker 1: Go parent mode and ask probing questions to our listeners that we've sent out on second dates.
Speaker 3: Oh, did you have a good time?
Speaker 1: Yes? And today we're going to reconnect with a couple who came on our show a few months back, and honestly, at the time they seem like a total mismatch. We weren't even sure if they both liked each other. But still they agreed to give it another chance, and apparently they have a big update.
Speaker 2: So we're going to.
Speaker 1: Play their original call and then get super like in annoying and ask what's new when we do your second date update update, next second date update?
Speaker 2: What's the wildest thing that you've ever done on a first date?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: First date?
Speaker 1: I know? For me, craziest first date was back in twenty sixteen when me and the mystery person did something I'll never forget dessert first, No dessert before the entrees, even before the appetizer.
Speaker 3: Shocked. Well, sir, you do know we haven't served.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was almost kicked out. I'm that much of a wild coup playing this up for you.
Speaker 1: Someone else who throws caution to the wind is Emily, who emailed.
Speaker 3: Us for help.
Speaker 1: Well, she says she can't believe what she did on night one of meeting this guy.
Speaker 2: So let's talk to her about it. Emily, How you doing good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: How are you you.
Speaker 4: Real rebel like Jeffrey?
Speaker 5: You're saying more?
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it, Emily, I get it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who did you go out with?
Speaker 4: Where'd you mean him?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So before I tell you what I did. He's really hot and hall he has pattees on his forearm, and like I noticed him right away because we just had like this instant chemistry going on to like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 4: Where? Wait?
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 6: I met him at a bar?
Speaker 2: Okay? And does he have a name or yeah?
Speaker 6: His name's Jason.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it sounds like Jason was so sexy that he brought the wildness out of you.
Speaker 6: I think so nice.
Speaker 3: That is always a good thing if you can do that to him, lady, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What did you That's right.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that things went pretty quickly if you're counting the twenty minutes of eye contact you made prior to him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what happened with you and Jason?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: Well, Like, I'm just at the bar and I decided to approach him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, what'd you say? What was your line?
Speaker 6: And I was like, Hi, I've never met someone so hot and paul at the same.
Speaker 7: Time, hoping there's going to be some sort of smooth line delivery, but you just went with brutal, awkward honesty.
Speaker 2: And what happened?
Speaker 6: So we were just hanging out, like we're having a great time, and I go ahead and I was like, would you like to come home with me?
Speaker 4: Oh? Dad?
Speaker 6: After one drink, I was like, would you like to continue, like having more drinks at my place?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're not playing too hard to get here? And what did Jason say to that?
Speaker 5: So he agreed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thing?
Speaker 4: Did he stay the night?
Speaker 6: Oh? But he actually stayed the entire weekend.
Speaker 1: What I've had dates like that too, Yeah, with or without permission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Leave wouldn't leave, but I didn't mind it, of course.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have also hooked up with someone who is maybe in between houses. Do you think that, I mean a whole weekend?
Speaker 6: Oh, come on, he's too hot to be homeless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that we titled this one too hot to be Homeless.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good one. Write that one down.
Speaker 1: Okay, now tell us how so how did your weekend long date with Jason end?
Speaker 6: So he didn't leave until Monday morning, what was it like?
Speaker 4: I mean, at that point you act so you are really getting to know this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it was comfortable. It wasn't awkward, it wasn't weird, but that is always good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like, hey, we never kiked it, but I feel like we can do anything.
Speaker 1: So after he left Monday morning, have you tried to get in touch with him? What's happened since then?
Speaker 6: She's left and she hasn't really been talking to me much, like maybe once or twice.
Speaker 5: It's just like really dry, like.
Speaker 1: He needs to hydrate after the weekend long experience.
Speaker 3: No, just I know what you mean. It's not the same. You don't feel the same vibe.
Speaker 4: Who stays the weekend and then right, because at first I'd be like, well, you had a one night stand and that's why this guy isn't calling.
Speaker 2: You think might be right, But.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you see, Emily that you think may have gone wrong or may have been a red flag?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so tell me that he was divorced.
Speaker 4: Are you thinking maybe he's not actually divorced, he's still married.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, because I have friends that have been with guys that said they were divorced, but then later found out that we were still married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I had divorce, But then he would be like, well, it's not fine. We're separated.
Speaker 4: I mean we still live together and you know, have a shared bank account.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna Normally I wouldn't make predictions Emily on this, but I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that he's currently hiding out in your crawl space.
Speaker 2: As we speak.
Speaker 4: He just has it left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still there. You know what, I could be wrong. That's why we're gonna play a song. We'll come back, We'll call him.
Speaker 1: Run.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it right after this hold On.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing. Right after you here part two, you've.
Speaker 2: Heard of seven minutes in Heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our listener, Emily says, that's child's play. Well, I do three whole days try and get me to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she met a.
Speaker 1: Guy named Jason at a bar, ended up taking him home within the first hour of meeting, and then he stayed the whole weekend. Oh my god, at her place, watching movies and doing other stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, what a great weekend.
Speaker 1: They had a great time. But after that, Jason seems to be avoiding her calls and her text messages, and she doesn't know why. Emily, is there anything incriminating that you haven't told us yet, Like you didn't stalk him at his work or dress up like his mom and show up at a family get together. Oh no, no, it's worth a shot.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is on, Emily, Like, I think you're right on something. Like he said he was divorced. There's some sort of secret he's hiding that he doesn't want to reveal.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but it sounds like he had like a kid free weekend and was.
Speaker 3: Like my weekend.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, like if I find out that he's married and has kids, like, it's just going to break my heart, Like I want.
Speaker 3: To have kids with him.
Speaker 2: Deep breath.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a lot of pressure on this phone call.
Speaker 2: Right now, but let's just out his number right now, right, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I'll be right here in the corner.
Speaker 1: Okay, there, put yourself in the corner for a second.
Speaker 3: Why do we all just look into the corner of.
Speaker 2: Just just make sure you don't say anything until I call you in. All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, is this Jason speaking?
Speaker 2: Just tall, sexy Jason with tattoos?
Speaker 5: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Somebody who knows you?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: My my name is jeff I work on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. What hey, Jason?
Speaker 5: What Hi? Why are you guys calling me? How'd you get my number?
Speaker 1: We got a number from a girl who listens to our show that met you recently. She's been trying to get a hold of you.
Speaker 5: I'm not really sure what this is about right now?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: This is this is a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and it's where we help our listeners get in touch with people after they've been on a date together, and you.
Speaker 4: Guys did a lot more than just a date, like a whole weekend.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a girl named Emily.
Speaker 5: Yeah I remember that girl, but I would hope.
Speaker 1: So why are we on the phone because she tolds you, guys met at a bar and hung out the whole weekend together. But after that, she's been trying to text you and you're not responding at all, and she's a little bit confused on what's going on.
Speaker 5: Listen. I didn't really ask for any of this to happen. I had a fun with the girl, but I just moved into the city. I'm not really used to all this big attention like this.
Speaker 2: You know. That's I don't know that this has anything to do with the city.
Speaker 3: I think it's you know, I mean, she had.
Speaker 2: A great time with you.
Speaker 4: You could understand, like, yeah, if it was a one night thing, I think she would have just chalked it up as just that. But you guys spent a lot of time together. You didn't leave till Monday morning, she said.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, when she asked me, I was surprised for sure to come back with her to the house. And then it turned into the weekend I'm not really good at saying no to people, particularly the girls. I don't have too much experience with that type of stuff, so I just wasn't really sure what to do.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? I feel like you're putting on this like country bumpkin shit thing, like, yeah, I came from a tiny town, doesn't even have a stoplight. I can handle myself.
Speaker 1: Why haven't you slept with four hundred people like a real country person.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Like you're saying that you just didn't leave because you couldn't tell her that you wanted to go.
Speaker 3: Works in the city.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I just wasn't really sure how to get out of there. You know, even at one point Saturday night, I think it was I told her I really needed to leave, but she just kept asking to watch movie after movie after movie. We watched so many musicals that weekend. I don't even like.
Speaker 1: To wait.
Speaker 4: So you didn't want to stay with her for the weekend.
Speaker 5: I did like her, I did want to spend time with her, but I didn't know when or how necessarily to say no so hard.
Speaker 4: I actually feel bad for you.
Speaker 2: Now, but I do so.
Speaker 1: But you haven't talked to her at all since you guys last saw each other on little Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, we texted a little bit, but I don't really want to talk to her on the phone because I'm scared she's just gonna get me back into something again.
Speaker 2: She's just going to lure you into another weekend long day.
Speaker 3: There's a Harry Potter marathon at least three days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm actually worried about him in the city now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was the first bar that I went into since I moved here, and it crossed me to go home with her. I wasn't sure what to do.
Speaker 1: I those are good odds for you should go out to the bars more often. But before we can get you there, I do have to let you know some news that's probably gonna scare you a little bit. But uh, actually Emily's on the other line listening right now, and she's ready to talk to you. Oh boy, Yeah, Emily, there, are you still being tall and cute?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm okay. How are you? I'm good.
Speaker 6: I was just worried you haven't been talking to me much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I'm sorry about that. I've been a little busy, you know, with moving in and here and everything, so oh, do you need to handle that?
Speaker 4: Take advantage of the poor boy she knows?
Speaker 2: Say no, Jason, do you need a hand? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I guess I could use some help.
Speaker 3: No, Jason, I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Is there like a surgery where we can insert a backbone into Jason?
Speaker 1: I'm worry, Jason. I'm really worried for you, dude, if you can't say no to anything? Do you accept phone calls from people that are like, hey, would you like to sign up for a monthly subscription to like random services?
Speaker 2: Do you say?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Listen, where I'm from, people are generally just, I guess a little bit more polite with each other and talking to everybody and everything and sir, with all due respect. It sounds like some of the women that listen to your show are a little loose. And you know, my mom told me about that.
Speaker 3: Decade.
Speaker 2: Did you step out of women who listened? But the women who work on the show that I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's the guy who went home with a person an hour into meeting them and spent all weekends like I mean, I'm going pot and kettle here.
Speaker 3: That's true. Sounds a little bite a bunch of floe.
Speaker 5: I couldn't say no. I already told you that I'm going to shame other people.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to, Emily.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's not necessarily ready to go out on another date with you. Not that he's not interested, he just needs a little time.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing somebody that wants to hang out so little try.
Speaker 5: Wow, this whole city thing is crazy to me. You guys are talking, so this is all going so fast. This is a whole lot on a sexual talk and all these terms and nonsense here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like the show Sex and the City. That is a true picture of what's happening right now.
Speaker 4: And except for those ladies are like eighty, we're not far off.
Speaker 1: And in keeping with the speed of what's going on, Jason, we would like to send you out on another date with Emily and will pay for it.
Speaker 4: Only say yes if you actually want to.
Speaker 5: Jason, Well, you know, I don't want to be rude. If she sees so much in me, you know, maybe I could give it another go. It's this is a lot right now.
Speaker 2: But okay, Emily, what's your reaction to hearing that?
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously I want to spend more time with him, and I think it's kind of fun that you can't say no to me.
Speaker 5: Oh, Emily, you're listen, you're a nice girl and everything, but maybe we could take things a little bit slower than we have did.
Speaker 4: If any couple needs a safe word, it's that.
Speaker 2: It's solid yes from Emily, no matter what he says.
Speaker 5: All right, well, thank you very much then, guys. You know I'm new here, but sounds like you have a good show. You're generous people, so thank you.
Speaker 2: You're not going to last.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: All right, it's been a few months, but now Emily and Jason are both back to tell us what's been going on in their wild city lives.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show, guys.
Speaker 5: How you been you guys doing.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 4: I'm worried that you're captive right now.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you guys are still together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it's been good. We've been going exclusively on it for the last couple of months. Here.
Speaker 2: You know, Emily, how's that going for you? Emily?
Speaker 6: What I mean? I'm not complaining. He's cute and I do whatever I want and he just kind of goes with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, relationship, I mean, are you worried that that will get old?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 6: I mean obviously we realize you have a hard time saying no. So we've been working on like having some boundary.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh really yeah, So I actually, you know, I've been waiting to brag about this a little bit. Here. The other night, you know, Emily wanted to go out and get enchiladas, but I wasn't in the mood, so I actually, you know, I said, no, we did not go out and get that Mexican food.
Speaker 2: Emily, did you make him sleep on the couch after that? That's really good.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you guys are you know, you're helping him and it's working in your relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know there was the other time too. She the other week, we wanted to go see a movie and I thought it might be a little bit too scary for me, so yeah, I suggested The Minions instead. We went and thought it was good that one.
Speaker 3: Not quite as except as.
Speaker 4: The No Da antiladas.
Speaker 2: But Emily, look, they've created a monster here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm so proud of him. I mean, you know, baby steps and he's doing.
Speaker 1: Well so far, okay, like you have an actual baby that you're teaching.
Speaker 2: That's it's nice.
Speaker 4: I would give him. Toddlers are pretty good at saying no.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's been good. She's been good for me. She's been helping me get out like comfort zone, especially in the city.
Speaker 4: To see like jumping off of curbs like I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Jason, would you like to as a thank you, donate a couple thousand dollars to the Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Foundation. Oh mah, yeah, we still have some work to do, but best of luck you two, and keep us updated on how your relationship goes.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, good to talk to you guys.
Speaker 4: Is a cute Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning