Speaker 1: The microphone smells like what like? Maybe it's from when I spit milk into it a couple of weeks ago. How we're playing the jingle again.
Speaker 2: Some boys watch sports, some boys play sports. These two don't play a wait, these two boys will save their pennies two by special k because they are living in a Cereal boat reviewing cereals?
Speaker 1: Is there gold Scott.
Speaker 2: And Andrew living in a Cereal boat, cretaking some new ones.
Speaker 3: And some oats. We couldn't live in a Cereal game.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody can hear this song is so loud.
Speaker 3: I don't know how lower cereal.
Speaker 2: Cereal Cereal isn't the feet out from this one?
Speaker 3: Like seventeen years in the Cereal.
Speaker 1: This is not a good way to start off a podcast. And what are you because it's already a minute in. If we haven't said any.
Speaker 3: Of the cereal, I think it starts fading now we're gonna need a new version. Just turn it down. I can't. It's only on and off. It's up and turn it off. Okay, here we go, it's off. Now, welcome to Cereal Killers with a Sea.
Speaker 1: If you haven't turned off yet, I'm Andrew.
Speaker 4: This is episode Sweet sixteen. And I'm Andrew.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I'm Scotty.
Speaker 1: Be there it is.
Speaker 3: How are you great, Scott? Are you hungry? Uh?
Speaker 1: You know moderately?
Speaker 3: We ate so much food today.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Correction, I did not you did.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, let's go.
Speaker 1: Over what you had today before you go into the cereal.
Speaker 4: This is about cereal. It's not about other foods. We can't discuss anything else. Fine, however, were you We can discuss breakfast pastries.
Speaker 1: I like breakfast pastries.
Speaker 4: Well, see, I don't eat pastries anymore. This is a whole long story for another day.
Speaker 1: Do it while we eat the cereal.
Speaker 3: It's another story stories for another cereal.
Speaker 4: But I don't eat pastries or donuts or cookies or cake or any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: The reasoning is so stupid.
Speaker 3: However, I found a loophole. Let me go to the cereal sack.
Speaker 1: Fuck Andrew, h Scott.
Speaker 4: You're new from post It's hostess Honeybun and powdered donuts.
Speaker 3: Cereal. I am so excited for this. Yeah, so excited.
Speaker 4: So since I don't eat pastries anymore, I'll just eat cereal that looks like pastries.
Speaker 1: This is the coolest thing ever. I didn't even know they made this. Yeah, oh I love honey buns.
Speaker 3: That's what you called me last night.
Speaker 1: Oh god, the one thing that bothers me. The n in this packaging looks like a backwards end.
Speaker 3: Can I see?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it's kind of stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so which do you want to do first?
Speaker 4: See, here's the problem, because none of these are classic, because they're both brand new. Yeah, it says on the box new yes again. Post has gotten the rights to all these brands. And now there's Hostess Cereal.
Speaker 1: I say we do the donut Cereal. I mean donuts, doughnuts, that's how you say it. Yes, it sounds like a really like trashy Italian name. That's my cousin the net.
Speaker 3: Well, these are little donuts, so they're donuts.
Speaker 1: No, that's my cousin. She lives out in Staten Island.
Speaker 3: You're gonna say, I was three left those.
Speaker 4: I'm about to say something. If you remember, you probably don't. It was like probably late eighties, early early nineties. Duncan Donuts had a cereal.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you if Duncan ever made a cereal.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know what company. I think it was Ralston Purina that made them back in the day. Little checkerboard that was a it's a now defunct cereal company.
Speaker 3: How does a cereal company go under?
Speaker 4: They are bought and their merged and whatever. They also used to make cookie cris back in the day. There's a little checkerboard on it. Ralston Purina. Yeah, now they make dog food.
Speaker 1: That's worrying.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Yeah, dunkin Donut Cereal was a while ago. I think I think it came back, maybe not terribly long ago, but disappeared again because you know, I guess people just want real donuts for breakfast. Yeah, it's true in cereal form. All right, so we're gonna go donuts first. I would have gone the other way, but that's fine. We'll go donuts first.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm expecting to like honey buns.
Speaker 3: These are powders.
Speaker 1: I just want to get Wait, the cereal is powdered.
Speaker 3: Well, no, they're powdered donuts. I don't know. Maybe there's maybe there's powdered sugar.
Speaker 1: Right, they're the same shape as fruit loops.
Speaker 3: They're just white.
Speaker 1: It's albino fruit loops. Oh, I want to smell.
Speaker 3: Tell me what it smells like. We've had another cereal that smell just like this smelled again.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's sweet Luccio's.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're so right right, it's the vanilla. It's smell.
Speaker 1: I forgot Luccio's. What is it with these Italian sounding cereals? It's like these fall into the cup very softly. I can almost hear the powdered sugar on it as it falls in, and I'm very excited for these.
Speaker 3: I have to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: My wife right now is like, you're such an idiot. See you're eating donuts. But no, it's cereals, so it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: My question is, can we one day actually measure the actual serving size?
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, we've never done that.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm interesting to know what of a cup serving is?
Speaker 4: Well, this one is a serving size of one cup, so we're about half a serving size here.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always thought that we were doing terrible because.
Speaker 4: Well, every cereal is a different serving size. Oh they kind of get you that way, all right, So here you go one percent milk.
Speaker 3: I like that you have to give the disclosure.
Speaker 4: Well, because I want people to know, because I'm telling you, cereal tastes different with different milks.
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 1: I don't The look of it is very odd.
Speaker 4: Right, there should be some marshmallows in it.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going there again.
Speaker 1: It's like mixing with the milk, like I don't know where the cereal is.
Speaker 3: It's not that white.
Speaker 1: It is, all right, you're ready, one, two, three, No.
Speaker 3: No, you fail. That's awful.
Speaker 1: It's like a cardboard box.
Speaker 4: There's another cereal that tastes like this, long time ago. I can't quite place it.
Speaker 1: It's like overly crunchy.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's like eating a stale powdered donut.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to I'm telling you. Was that their goal?
Speaker 4: There was another cereal of my childhood that tasted just like this, and they'll come to me. I think General Mills had a cereal called powdered donuts or something in the eighties, and it kind of tastes like that.
Speaker 1: I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: Eat some more.
Speaker 1: Two bowls be gone.
Speaker 3: I want more, well, I mean, because you don't eat donuts. This is my way around.
Speaker 1: His way around is the stupidest thing in the entire world. He swore off pastries, He swore off all these things. I'm sorry, I have to go into it. We have to talk about this because he's convinced that he can eat the cream inside of a Boston Cream donut and it's not as bad as eating the whole donut.
Speaker 3: Can I just tell the story really quick. A couple of years ago, I ate.
Speaker 4: About seven little cinnabon minis with cream inside of them, and I ate them all in like a minute.
Speaker 3: And a half, and I literally fell over.
Speaker 4: I passed out in the studio and they came and they, you know, were blotting my head with a cool rag.
Speaker 3: And I came to him, like what happened? And they told me what happened.
Speaker 4: And from that day on, well, first of all, I went to the doctor and I had raging high blood pressure, my cholesterol was high, all that good stuff. So I just decided on my own. I eat lots of donuts, lots of cake, lots of cookies. I'm like, you know what, I'm just cutting that out. I'm a big sweet sky. I love desserts, so I still eat ice cream or whatever, but I said, you know what, I'm just gonna cut out the baked stuff like that, and I lost twenty pounds in like three months, and so I mean, you all can make fun of me as much as you want.
Speaker 3: And my wife is like, you're so tra nudi it. But whatever. I feel like I made a imagine.
Speaker 4: If I didn't stop eating that stuff, I'd be like two point fifty right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to go back to you eating seven cinnabonds in a minute and that not being your problem.
Speaker 3: That was an error in judgment.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you eat the cream inside of the donut, you're not doing anything to help yourself.
Speaker 3: But if I don't eat pastries, I can.
Speaker 1: Pastry is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 4: If I don't need pastries, I can dissect the donut and eat the ins.
Speaker 1: If I like, do you eat the chocolate on top of the Boston cream?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: So you eat the cream, you eat the chocolate, yes, But for some reason, the dough part is where you're like, that's where that's where it gets you.
Speaker 3: Because that's what I cut out. So that's what I'm not gonna eat.
Speaker 1: I guess, tell yourself what you gotta tell yourself, man.
Speaker 3: I am Now let's eat some honey. Buns.
Speaker 1: No, you can eat this because it's in cereal for exactly, so if it's ant sized, technically it's not as bad for you.
Speaker 3: I love honey buns. I'm not sure if we're gonna enjoy this or not smell it. Oh no, it smells good.
Speaker 4: It smells like it actually smells like a freshly baked honey bun, or at least a packaged toney bun.
Speaker 3: He's gonna say, how do you know what they eat? That's what it smells like. Have you been to a honey bun?
Speaker 4: Factor, it smells like a packaged hosted honeybun? Is really what it smells like?
Speaker 1: Now? I feel like a homemade honeybun would be delicious.
Speaker 3: Not after you eat this, you won't think that.
Speaker 1: The doughnut cereal. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't rate it. Yeah, you gave it what two bowls?
Speaker 4: I'm going to agree with you, actually and give it two bowls because it was okay and I kept eating it, but I wouldn't I wouldn't purchase it again.
Speaker 3: It was okay, you want to try it? Try it.
Speaker 4: If they made a chocolate one, it would probably be pretty awesome. But I can actually agree to that, right, all right, so let's go honeybun here, here you go, sir?
Speaker 1: Why thank you?
Speaker 4: H all right, I don't like the fact that there's no fun anything on the back. It's a honeybun cereal kind of day. Do you love the sweet taste of a host is honeybun rolls of honeyglaze pastry wrapped in circles with a wisp of cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Now you can.
Speaker 4: Enjoy all that classic flavor in a new way with Hostess Honeybun Cereal. Try a ball to start your day and get ready to roll. But wait, look the part of this complete breakfast on the back. They have honeybun cereal and a freaking honey bun.
Speaker 1: Can I just say what actually is a complete cereal? Because they always make it like it's fourteen thousand things?
Speaker 4: Well, generally, part of a complete breakfast is usually the bowl of cereal and toast and orange juice. That's fine, I know, but that's part of a complete breakfast and supposed to have one serving size?
Speaker 3: Who does that?
Speaker 1: So you're supposed to have basically a three forths of a cup of cereal at all that other crib hoast uh huh orange juice. Yeah, that seems like a health crisis waiting there.
Speaker 3: Let's dive into honey buns.
Speaker 1: I'm in oh man, that's globe.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what to think yet.
Speaker 1: Know what it tastes like.
Speaker 3: It also tastes like some other cereal.
Speaker 1: I could tell you, tell me French toast crisp.
Speaker 3: No, because it doesn't have the maple.
Speaker 1: I disagree, and it does. It looks like the ones that was that French toast crisp, the ones that were shaped like little toasts.
Speaker 3: French toast crunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it tastes like. I love this.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll tell you what this tastes like and you'll agree instantly. When cookie crisp gets soggy and milk, that's what this tastes like.
Speaker 3: Chaste it again. Picture this is cookie crisp. It tastes like French toast. I hate you so much, Hunch, just so you know, it tastes like cookie crisp. Okay, French toast crunch. What are you thinking? Four balls? I love this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have this for breakfast tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go four balls too.
Speaker 4: It doesn't taste like a honeybun at all, but it's good. I'll go four bowls on it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh oh wait a minute. Serial Killers listener request, So what the hell is that?
Speaker 4: There were a couple of people on Twitter. They send us like do this cereal? Do that cereal? All the time.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused who did that?
Speaker 4: So I forget the guy's name, but someone like, can you just try regular Kicks? So hold on, thank you for your request.
Speaker 3: I think it was me. I was the guy. No, it's on Twitter. Do I say to my own jingle? So let's tone down the sugar first. I stop eating that.
Speaker 4: I love honeybuts hmm, let's tone down the sugar for just a second. Regular Kicks, plain old regular kicks A man, kid tested, parent approved. They got with it because do you remember what it used to be?
Speaker 1: Kid tested, mother approved?
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know when that changed that actually, but I saw this on the box today and I was like, what they changed Kicks so much?
Speaker 3: Oh hey, everybody, it's Diamond. Let's just walk in while the recording lights on Diamond.
Speaker 1: Can you eat Kicks?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Diamonds having a bad day and we don't know why, but she's just moping around today, So we're just gonna let her be sitting in the background there, Diamond here.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to mix my kicks with the honey buns milk.
Speaker 3: You can do what you wish.
Speaker 1: You can't. That's not rules, that's right, that's not the pure form of kicks. I love kicks. I already know what this is going to get.
Speaker 3: Well, you can mix anything you want after you try the pure kicks. Thanks dad, No problem, parent? Oh sorry, parent? Oh god? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Fuckum, I just broke my rule of you have to try not sweet cereal first.
Speaker 3: Because I just taste like garbage. Right. Because of that, I don't like this at all, mean neither it tastes like cheese doodles. This should have been the just ever, this should have been the first one we have. Yep. So I don't think we can give it a fair rating.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, we need to. Can you play the jingle again?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hold on.
Speaker 1: Second, Serial Killers listener request We can't give this.
Speaker 3: A fair rating.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm sorry Twitter follower who requested kicks, which was me, I am Twitter follower.
Speaker 3: Do you want to maybe just do it another time? Yes?
Speaker 1: Because this right now gets a one bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like it. We can't.
Speaker 4: We can't give it a fair shot. So what we'll probably do is maybe we'll do kicks and berry berry kicks one day, but you'll start with we have to start with regular pure kicks because you have to start with the dull, drab cereal first then work up to the crazy sweet cereals.
Speaker 1: Can I get more honey buns?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, I spilled some milk on myself.
Speaker 4: So that was a great Sweet sixteen episode?
Speaker 3: Did you enjoy your party?
Speaker 1: You just name things and I'm just always confused why because it's like you're so into being like episode f seeing our kidsannera episode sixteen, it's our Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Wait till the next one, seventeen.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but all I know is I promised a few episodes back that's seventeen will be the cookie episode. So get your blood sugar ready because it's cookies next.
Speaker 3: He's gonna eat.
Speaker 1: An entire box of it in a minute and then be like I have to cut off all cereal and then the podcast is over.
Speaker 4: Please follow us on Twitter at Serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a C at PC is for podcasts because some idiot already took serial Killers, so we just had.
Speaker 1: A big also a cookbook. There's also a restaurant named serial Killers. Our name isn't that creative?
Speaker 4: We just but we thought of it. We didn't look it up first. We thought of it, so I was in charge of looking it up.
Speaker 3: I agrat it. You failed that, so follow.
Speaker 4: Us please and like us and subscribe to our podcast and give us stars and give us five stars. Names and purple hearts and pink clovers and blue diamonds.
Speaker 1: You're confusing people.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, until we eat cookies crunch. Oh wait