Speaker 1: Ready, Welcome to another episode of Busting with Your Boy, Busting with the Boys, Busting with Your Boys. I'm your host Will Compton, co host Taylor Lawan. He is out in Canada right now. Your boy just got back from Italy. I'm about as Tanna as I've ever been. Get a good look. This will be the Tannis I will ever be. Before we get into this episode, we have to we have to shout out our sponsor Expedia for this episode. I'm just going with you, Chevy. Obviously, Chevy Silverado Summer is hearing. What better way to take advantage of all has to offer than with the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: Silverado Summer.
Speaker 1: Think of all the possibilities from off road adventures, to do it yourself projects and hardcore work. Silverado has a capability and technology to make this summer your best one yet. With nine different Silverado models and engines that range from the powerful Turbomax to the six point two liter V eight and the Durhamax diesel, you can count on Chevy power performance to get anything done. And like many of you, the boys have been hitting the road a lot lately and it seems like everywhere we go there's an Army of Silverado's and Silverado owners in Italy, So shout out all the boys game recognize his game, So head over to Chevy dot com and check out Silverado and all the Shouldy trucks, the official truck of busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Guys. It is.
Speaker 1: Two week vacation is a long vacation. It's a fucking long time to be away. But the wife he wanted it. The wife he wanted two weeks. She went to travel. She wanted hit Europe. Back before COVID hit. We had a trip planned, a two week trip that had like Italy involved in Europe and Croatia and shit like that. I was fucking ready to put a gun to my head because I don't enjoy being gone that long. But I've never really done it. The most we did was our honeymoon. That was the biggest vacation I ever went on in my life. I'm usually used to being gone for a week long weekend, maybe four days, maybe five, but never ten, never fucking two weeks. But I know how much we've been doing this year, and I know how many sacrifices have had to be made, especially on her end, so we can travel around and do all the things that we do.
Speaker 2: So Mama wanted a two week vacation.
Speaker 1: The best time to come up with it was uh late July, early August, in that kind of middle space around the beginning of training camp and everything else after our summer, because we had a lot of big things in the summer with our beer Olympics, which was an incredible showing.
Speaker 2: I forget what we did.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I wanted to go home for the fourth of July BoNT Missouri, see the beautiful dirt and fucking brown out there. And so the wife wanted to go on a two week vacation. I was all for it, just because again she wanted that was her like big things she wanted to do. She wanted to take our beautiful child Roue with us. That was a that was a that was a tall task as well that we can get into. My only stipulation was that we ride first class or business class on the way there and back, because it is a long fucking play And that's what I don't like about those vacations that take a long fucking time to travel. To my wife's half Filipinos, she wanted to go to the Philippines one year. I committed to it was fully my flight was booked and everything else. Back out last minute. Didn't want to do it. I'm just kidding. Free agency started in my Adre was like, what are you doing? You can't like leave the country when free agency is starting because you might have to do you might have to go on visits and everything else.
Speaker 2: That was the year I signed with the Titan.
Speaker 1: So when I backed out and she was upset about it because I made a bonehead, a bonehead mistake like I seem to always do. And fortunately when she was gone, that was when I went to Buffalo and then Tennessee. But hate long fucking hate long trips. My only stipulation stipulation was to be the first class and everything else so you can lay fly, especially if we're traveling with fucking Route sixteen sixteen months old. Lover her to death. She's the best fucking tidal on the planet. But traveling with the Toddler is tough.
Speaker 2: Is war?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are in battle. You are in the fucking trenches, And make no mistake, we were in the trenches a lot compared to all the high you know, the positives that I showed on Instagram and everything else.
Speaker 2: We get to the day of traveling.
Speaker 1: As everybody knows, I had to take the entire country into war with Expedia. Why because when we got to the airport a smooth two hours early, we were packed ready to go. And when I tell you it was time for a trip, I was excited to be the way I was excited to go to Italy. I was convinced. I'm like, oh, we're eating fucking pizza pasta. I carbloaded the entire time I was out there. And when we get to the airport and realized there's a little bit of a pickle that we're in, and I was like, Tapper, I'll say, hey, good thing we got to the airport earlier, were right, and we kind of chuckled and stuff.
Speaker 2: Rue was being an all star at the at the airport.
Speaker 1: We spent about four hours at the airport, only come only to find out that we were nowhere in the computers.
Speaker 2: We were nowhere in the system.
Speaker 1: And minds you, we had our receipts, like we had a receipt number, we had ticket numbers, we had our British Airline seats, our seat numbers that we were gonna be on showed in the seat map. However, British Airlines at the airport did not have us on the seat map anywhere in the computers. The only flight where we didn't have the seating assignment was our flight from Nashville to JFK because we had an infant, lap child, lap seat whatever.
Speaker 2: So they were gonna give it to us at the desk. You know how that goes. JP.
Speaker 1: We just had a little we had a little tiff with Taylor at the airport with his seat not being assigned. So I was a little nervous about that. However, so okay, we got our child. We'll just get that. We're just going to JFK. If if everything fails, I'll just buy this trip from here to JFK and then we get on that British Airlines flight from JFK to London, like was supposed to happen. American Airlines, they don't see us in the system anywhere we pull up their seat.
Speaker 2: We got this.
Speaker 1: The only thing we were told is that we had to get our seat assignment at the at the desk. We're here at the desk. We got a lot of looks that were like, oh shit, these this family is not on these flights. They are not going to Italy right now, So it seems like we couldn't just get on the flight to JFK. We back out of the line outlook up, you know. The boy adapt and provised overcome. Let's figure this out. We're going to Italy. I see the look on my wife's face. I see what's been going down. I know where this can go. This thing can go south fast.
Speaker 2: He's low key there.
Speaker 1: There there's a point where I'm like, a, I mean, it would suck, you know, sweetheart. I'll make sure we're in Italy. We'll go somewhere in the States. We'll go back to thirty eight. Yeah, we'll go the I was already thinking, let's do maybe thirty eight. Odd's a little hot right now. Maybe we'll figure something out. Maybe we'll go to Montana, but maybe we'll stay in the States. Maybe get that thing down in ten days.
Speaker 2: But we will go.
Speaker 1: Somewhere, sweetheart, don't you worry that we will figure this out. I see that there are flights available on that JFK flight. Hey babe, there's still some first class seats right here. We can fucking get there at the JFK. Once we get to JFK, we get on that same flight, the same flight to JFK was still there. They told us there are no seats. We messed with a gentleman that was not very much a gentleman. Fortunately American Airlines that will not shoot on them because they made it happen for us. This lady, God bless her work endless to the fucking end of time to get all of our situation figured out. However, that situation that got figured out and ended up being north of a lot of fucking the money. Let's just put it that way. And so I go up and I'm like, hey, here's our the fight JFK. We just buy this will be good to go right. No, you're not on the British Airlines flight, ma'am. Our seat is right here. It says we're on the break, sir. I'm just letting you know. I'm looking at the computers. The British Airline people. They don't get in here till four pm. But I've been on the phone with them One Traveler, One World or whatever, all the different phone companies, playing companies whatever. You're not on the flight. We need to be on the flight. Do you see what I'm saying? We need to be on that flight. My wife comes up, Hey, what's happening, sweetheart? You shoul probably talk to this scal because I'm not quite sure how we're gonna get on this flight. Doesn't seem like we're going to Italy anytime soon. So in another time, I'm fucking welling dealing all star dad like putting Root asleep, it's naptime. She's just get a little fussy. I'm like, fuck man, this is not good. And come to find out we can't go to Italy. However, we can now book. So four months ago we book our flights on Expedia. We've seen all the back and forth on Twitter, We've seen the comments.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We booked our flights through Expedia, which I have done in the past. I did with our trip to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Go ahead, JP.
Speaker 3: The people want to know, did you book these flights or did Charro book the flights?
Speaker 2: I booked the flights. I booked the flights. The people you were.
Speaker 3: Correct, they said Charo would never make this mistake.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't. She would and there was no fault.
Speaker 1: There was never at any moment in time of Charle being upset with how the process went. It was the lack of communication that we didn't know that there were we were apparently never seen booked on this flight, which is where the issue was. And four months ago I booked these flights. Again, my only stipulation. We travel business, and we travel we get the lay down seats. We travel first class to Italy and back, especially with Toddler, and if we're only doing two seats, because if we're not getting the third seat for Rue, I'm not fucking doing it. I'm not sitting. I'm not doing it. And four months ago, round trip about ten grand, which is a steal. That's a steal for this round trip to Italy. Fired the fuck up, we did it. We're going fast forward to day of. We're not on the flight, so now we have to rebook. I'm telling you the price that I had to swipe the card on it was more than two times that amount. And I tell Charlo and I see a look on her face. I'm like, hey, sweetheart, don't you find don't this is not gonna be the issue because we got to get to Italy.
Speaker 2: We're going to Italy.
Speaker 1: And then Charle gets on the phone with Expedia customer service while we're driving home. Are the person who dropped us off? She's now coming back to pick us up. Hey, good to see again. We're not fucking on the trip. We're staying here tonight, and we're on the phone with Expedia, and I'll spare you all the bullshit. Essentially, the customer service, like a lot of these big fucking companies, they just drag you through the mud until you want to quit. There's nothing. They can barely speak English. Let me talk to the team. Put you on hold for thirty to forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Come back.
Speaker 1: There's nothing we can do, or we'll give you a few hundred dollars in credit. We get back home and Charles like, should I hang up on I'm like, no, stay on the phone. Stay on the phone. We'll ride this out. We're gonna sit on hold as long as we need to. We get home, we give Roof some food. I ordered pizza. I tell my wife, sweetheart, we're in Italy. We're fucking going to Italy tonight. It's gonna be in Italy at the house. Pour out some wine, get out some wine, some bottles of wine. I'll order some pizza. I go and pick up the pizza we're in fucking Italy and we're on hold this whole time, and ultimately they're not able to do a whole lot. Then we get to somebody who we can speak to that's a little bit more competent and at their job. They're like, hey, we'll pay for the up charge of your tickets. That was solid, but I'm sitting there marinate on it. We gotta change. We have to change now. Our trip basically essentially gets moved back a day, so from instead of July twenty eight to August twelfth, it's now July twenty ninth to August thirteenth. With that, we had some cooking, we had some excursions that we were doing. We had our entire thing booked and planing and all that stuff. We had to change some stuff around now, which is gonna cost more money. We had to switch hotels, we had to do a longer, we had to do an extra day and could pre We had to switch things around to make sure it all like a line back up again, hoping that we would still be able to get on a.
Speaker 2: Couple of the things that we're supposed to get on.
Speaker 1: So we're still having to come out of park for some more money. It didn't sit right with me. So that is when I took to I had to, you know, take them go to the pantry, talk about this situation, use social media and leverage the influence and the political power.
Speaker 2: That may be.
Speaker 1: And so as we get going and I'm update and all this other stuff, I get to finally talk to somebody who's like more so the higher ups and everything else.
Speaker 2: We give them the ticket number and everything else.
Speaker 1: Because Expeedy was trying to pass the bag and say this is the airline's fault. We were standing there with the airline that lady worked her ass off to try and figure it out, like no, no, no, this is somebody the bag got dropped along the way, and the credit cards and the fucking transaction and everything else we need answers. So Expedia made the entire trip right, and it was a big win for house Compton and America because we almost had to sync.
Speaker 2: Their entire ship.
Speaker 1: I thought when Barcelo, when we were gonna have that team meeting, I text Dave and ask him, are we buying Expedia?
Speaker 2: If so, make me the GM. We need to make this company run a little bit.
Speaker 1: Better because I think like the customer service and just a debacle, and nobody has nobody, nobody is competent enough, nor do they care because they have to stick to a script, and then they essentially do the fucking bullshit. Let me talk to my team. They ain't talking to nobody. They're just putting you on hold, can't do nothing, hoping you hang up. And nobody has the power to actually make a decision, but they they take forever to try to get you to somebody who can make a decision.
Speaker 2: Fortunately it all worked out, but that was.
Speaker 1: That is the story about traveling to Italy and the Expedia and everything else. Are there any questions do I feel Do you feel like I covered everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So ultimately, were you h you were calmed?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, free trip to Italy free, Willy free, Willy free, Willy Italian.
Speaker 1: We yeah, the trip got the trip got comped, It got taken care of. We had a nice email that came to us. I showed my wife and we were we had to do so when we traveled over there. We were supposed to go from JFK to London to Naples, I believe, or Florence. I don't know if Florence has an airport. I don't know, but it was two. We only had like two stops. Basically, we had to rebook, we had do an extra, we had to do a third stop, longer layover.
Speaker 2: We were in u Madrid and that's when we got the email.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, sweetheart checked this out, cause she was kind of like chuckling and like, why are you gonna make a video?
Speaker 2: I was like, let's just see what fucking happens.
Speaker 1: Like I know that felt good too, Oh yeah, yeah, because sometimes when I'll make the videos I get there's a little bit of doubt that creeps in around me, like why you gotta why are you gonna just let's see this through, see what happens. The small guy had to stand up to the big billion dollar company somewhere along the lines, you know, when something goes viral enough, haters come out of the woodwork.
Speaker 2: There's some negativity out there.
Speaker 1: Oh look at this guy who makes millions and does all this, who's fucking bitching and stuff until he gets a free trip. We stood up to a billion dollar company eighteen billion market cap to be exact, we the little man had to stand up and there needed to be a voice for the voice. Not everybody could get on and talk and complain about how bad the customer services ran in companies like that. That is essentially the vessel that I was being. Was it trying to work out my benefit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, am am?
Speaker 1: I not being like sorry, I'm not standing and being like, hey, get it. Make sure everybody who gets fucked up, you know, make sure their trips get camped. If I see a bad situation, I am on their side. But something the New York poster writing about it. Dave comes in and it's like, hey, Dave, you want to be I thought you're trying to lead the ship. You don't look like you're trying to lead the ship. It seems like you're making it seem like we made a boneheaded decision. Whether that's up for debate or not, fine, I know it doesn't matter. I've always used Expedia. They've never burned me. I've always been a part on Expedia, Cap price line hotels. I'm always looking for the cheaper option. That's how it's gotta work. I've been that way since in college time. You can't forget where you come from, because because then you forget who you are.
Speaker 3: Oh you might have inspired Oliver Anthony to write, that's all.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's all I'm saying, bullshit, pay them over time hours.
Speaker 4: Richmond up in Richmond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look back. They know that, we know.
Speaker 1: But until somebody can fucking stand up strong enough and can be a little loud enough from the trenches of social media. But yeah, we got a free trip to Italy. Absolutely. Now here's where the accountability for myself has to come into play, because there is accountability in all ends, right you got You can't just watch film be like coach made the bad call he or made the wrong call. I was put in the bad position, the safety behind me, gave the wrong gave the wrong call. There's accountability for everybody to be had. Where my accountability lies is essentially a week in advance or days in advance. I need to figure out that we are established to be on these flights.
Speaker 2: That was a learning experience.
Speaker 1: Now and they're like, hey, can you look back at your credit card and confirm a lot of fucking transactions happen on my credit card.
Speaker 2: I did look back, and it didn't fully go through.
Speaker 1: It was on a hold for I don't know how long, and then ultimately it just never went through because I remember getting a little banner come down on my phone that we bought it because my wife and I we smile, We did a little ypia in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: We did it. We fucking booked it.
Speaker 1: We spent ten thousand dollars to get this trip to go to Italy, and so I saw that banner come down. Now when I looked back at my credit card statement, it didn't fully go through.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that is a mishap on my part. However, when it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Fucking go through, where's the communication that hey, this didn't fucking happen. Because again, we had our receipt number down to our seat assignment on our British Airlines flight to London.
Speaker 2: That was another thing.
Speaker 1: The same flights were still available from Nashville A JFK and JFK.
Speaker 2: To London on British Airlines.
Speaker 1: However, the lady at American Airlines was on the phone British Airlines and she even told me ahead of time, she goes, even though that's available, they're not gonna let you book the day of. Because I was like, we can bite the bullet and pay for these fucking flights. And there were a couple options, which was like quadruple, and that was when I was like, we're gonna get this figured out at some point, but right now, in the midst of chaos, when shit's in the fan, you need to make sure we're going Italy. But you couldn't buy a day of flight on British airlines. I don't know the reason. I have no clue, because there were still seats available. It's like, we can get on these same exact flights, we just have to kind of buy a day of versus when we bought four months ago at a way cheaper price. So that's where that is where I would say my accountability lies. But there's no urgency, there's no play to take that and show any type of that weakness. When you are in the middle of war, when you are in the middle of negotiation with Expedia, you can't see. You can't let that leak in the pipe happen. You gotta stay strong to what you gotta stay Intento's down. That's what we did, That's what we did as a country. And uh against for all the haters. Get fucked. Another l Yeah, another l um which leads me into my next segment, Shittiest Moment, presented by dude wives, are you still using toilet paper?
Speaker 2: Fucking stop?
Speaker 1: Drop the TP, pick up the dude wipes, the wet extra large flushble wipe that clears instead of smears. Wiping wet just cleans better than wiping dry. Get confidently clean with dude wipes that gets all the shit toilet paper left behind. You can pick up dude whites on Amazon or Walmart and Target nation wide. Shittiest moment of the trip is going to also lead into my shout out, no free shout out the shittiest moment on my trip, and it is, without a fucking doubt, boys, it is getting on that flight from London to Nashville.
Speaker 2: The benefit.
Speaker 1: When we were on a cap we had to wake up four am in the morning local time, Capri wake up, get a taxi down to the port. Go from the port, Get on a ferry, massive boat. Get on a ferry. Witch seemed a little dicey. There were some fellows on there. I was like, we could be in a situation at any moment, all right, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Not fucking lying. There are a few chicks.
Speaker 1: They seemed like hookers that they were traveling with, these fucking security motherfuckers. They look like the cats from like taking because dude, big dude, big ball, motherfucker black Beard, like, look like, you don't want.
Speaker 2: To fuck with this dude. Andrew Tate.
Speaker 1: No, no, not Andrew Tate, not entrewta But he comes out of the bathroom and I'm kind of it's kind of an open there's a lot of seats, so fortunately we had some space because we're rus being awesome at this point.
Speaker 2: We're traveling smooth. We're worried about just making.
Speaker 1: Sure we get on our flights because we don't want to the same day before. We're like, hey, we're confirmed for tomorrow's flights, YadA YadA. And this guy comes out of the bathroom and walks next to this gym and trying to fall asleep. Just does a massive clap next to him, kind of like wake some of the guy like looks as he's like walking by.
Speaker 2: He kind of looks back and chuckles.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking we got a fucking bully, possibly a murderer on this flight. They're sitting kind of away from the girls and kind of looking around and stuff like that. But it fell at a little dicey, and so we take a ferry over to Naples, Napoleon, Napoli, Napoli, Napoli, and when we go from all Napoli, we get on the flat Napoli, fly up to London and then London over.
Speaker 2: To Nashville, which is a smooth, smooth transitions.
Speaker 1: We get to London, we get the London airport, beautiful airport, by the way, and Rue's being phenomenal at this point. This is the shittiest moment is traveling with your toddler. We get on the flight to come to Nashville. Rue once decides that she wants to have the worst moment in her sixteen sixteen months of life. While we're all seated around everybody and I'm talking hyperventilation, I'm talking it was.
Speaker 2: We were in the shit. We were in the fucking trenches. Leave there.
Speaker 1: That was one point where I look back and if I had the option of taking the electric chair, I would have taken the electric chair.
Speaker 2: It got so bad that there.
Speaker 1: Was one moment trying to like, Rue, you have to stop stop crying, like you have to calm down and breathe because we're you know, we're weathering the stone.
Speaker 2: We're sitting there, we're fucking doing this head, no fucking I'm doing.
Speaker 5: We're doing.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's tiger, Tiger. Oh, look at this, Look at the plane, Look out there, look at this. Trying to get her calm because she's she's just overtired. She hasn't taken a nap. We're trying to get her to sleep. She wants to climb on stuff. She wants to sweetheart, you can't do that right now. We have to put this red seat belt on you. She didn't want to get be confined. She's very independent, wants to move, wants to be out and about. Doesn't want to be confined by the infant seat belt. Even got to a point to where some older gentleman you heard like Ash's crying. You just hear wa where And buddy, when I tell you that I wanted to come unglued, we stay composed. And I kind of did one of those things where I kind of like sit up and I like look around and I'm trying to make contact with anybody it could have been throughout the thing, just to let them know, Hey, I know he's an old man and you're about to get the young bull. The Pauls were about to be pought on this old man. Yeah, come for the belt shot at the title might have had to happen. Charles seemed to think that, hey, I think something is a little off with the old man.
Speaker 2: So that will give him that reason.
Speaker 1: But I was ready to fucking drag this person because there's nothing worse. First of all, there's nothing worse than that happening. My anxiety already builds up because I don't like, Hey, let's fucking I'm We gotta keep our head, we gotta keep level heads. I know you're sixteen months old, but we need to have some poise. You're not gonna make it the second preseason game. You're gonna have to turn your iPad quick if you keep this shit up. And the parents are in it, right, you know you have to say whatever another lady, Hey, we think she's this and that and blah blah blah, and it's like, okay, fucking stay over there. We appreciate you for helping. We know ultimately you just want to help out as well. But you're just you're in it, you're upset, you're tired yourself. But that was the shittiest moment brought by dude wives of the trip, which leads into my shout out, no free shout out, there is no better feeling.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, sponsors. Yeah, so we got two separate ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that Rue having the worst moment in her sixteen months of life. How to happen when we haven't even taken off from the flight in London. We're still sitting on the runway. Bags took too long to get loaded. Apparently we're an hour delayed, so we're sitting on an extra hour. On top of that, I ate our flight. Ruth's having this moment minute twenty probably span out over twenty five minutes for dad, fucking fot why bother the year?
Speaker 2: Gets her to sleep?
Speaker 1: Thank God, I'm talking not only get her to sleep, but she's so hot and sweating from all the hyperventilating and crying. I'm sweating, I'm leaking everywhere, and I just have to sit and take it. Boys and just smile. God next to me, Stevenson Ranch rocking and Stevenson Ranch hat.
Speaker 2: Even more paramount than I say, poise.
Speaker 1: But he looks over and smiles that we have a seven month old, like just trust us, like you're not bothering us.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking she's bothering you, she's bothering me.
Speaker 1: And it's all right if she's not bothering you, because I'm fucking I'm in it right now. But leads me into my next shot out, no for shoutout, which is brought to us by Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: Guys, stick with us. There's a lot of ads on this episode.
Speaker 1: It is what it is, but this shot out, no for shotout is coming to us from Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: Can you feel it?
Speaker 1: Do you feel that tickle that's going on down in the forest?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's almost that time of year, that time of year, football foot fall season once again. You're home to stream the NFL on CBS all season long. Your Paramount Plus account also gives you an all access pass to twenty four to seven NFL content all week.
Speaker 2: With CBS Sports HQ as Headquarters short for Headquarters.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Today, NFL Slime Time, and much more. Stream Paramount Plus on any device at home or on the go and follow the Road to Las Vegas as Josh Allen, the Boy, Joe Burrow, Aaron Rodgers, the Boy, Justin Herbert Jalen hurtson all of the NFL's best try to take down Patrick Mahomes, not the Boy, and the defending champion the Chiefs. Watch your local game live every Sunday, starting at two dollars and fifty cents a month for twelve months. If there's a Paramount plus dot com slash NFL to start your free trial today. The aller ends on September twentieth. Annual plan only terms and conditions apply. Stream the NFL on CBS Live on Paramount Plus, which leads me into my shout out, no free shout out. There is no better feeling than once you arrive and touch down on us soil, drive home, get home to a clean house, and get in your fucking sheets. Boys, baby goes down easy and smooth because she was overtired again.
Speaker 2: We battled a long time on an ur.
Speaker 1: Flight and we had such a great vacation, like Italy was incredible, incredible, breathtaking. All the spots we went to offered something different. And I'm sitting there wondering why am I so fucking happy to be home? And I thought about the shittiest moment when we had the battle for those eight hours on that fucking flight home. We were so happy to get home, and when I laid down because the beds were a.
Speaker 2: Little stiff in Italy.
Speaker 1: Just FYI, anybody in Italy over there listening right now that owns a hotel, beds are a little stiff, but the comfort of your own bed and crawling in them sheets, and getting home and getting back from a long trip, being gone a long time, We've been smiling ever since. But that is my shot out, no free shoutout, is getting home after a long fucking vacation, brought to you by Paramount plus Taste the Mountain. What else has happened? Man, Barstool Dave Portnoy fucking does it again, Savage? One of the it's been said and talked about, one of the Hall of Fame business deals. Years ago, what is it? Three years ago Penn bought Barstool Sports for north of five hundred million dollars half a billy, as they like to say. And now three years later, seems like Penn got into a position to where we didn't make the right decision as far as wanting to capitalize on the market share that we thought we could acquire versus their competitors like DraftKings and FanDuel and all the others that are out there. So they wanted to make a pivot and get in bed with the ESPN. So when you've acquired Barstool, now you got to go to back to where that conversation started.
Speaker 2: All roads lead back. It was always Dave Portnoy.
Speaker 1: And Dave at this point now has the leverage to Okay, well, how do you want to do this? Now you sign a little non compete for several months and you get your company back.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you have to give fifty percent of the pro seeds.
Speaker 1: If you say, if a sale happens again, that Dave is probably never.
Speaker 2: Going to sell Barsol Sports again.
Speaker 1: So Penn will probably never see that upside of that fifty percent. This is a massive win for all of them. And a lot of people were like I was seeing people say, oh, this is hilarious. Pen realized like Barcel sucks. They they weren't the right partner. YadA, YadA, YadA. Like Barstool now has full control of their brand again, like they have full control of the Pirate Chip. They've port of owns one hundred percent of that. And now there's new life and you can see it already, you can feel it, you can hear it. There's new life in all the Barcel offices. They're having all those meetings and everything else. You can see every personality now has new life injected into them because they're now and full control and back to what they were known as, which is they've said it content content content.
Speaker 2: They don't have to.
Speaker 1: Worry about when you're in that world of what is it called regulate, that regulated world of the corporate world, public publicly sold companies, all that kind of stuff. It's more of a bottom line mentality. And when things aren't going well, they might be funny to you all that could be a good little stick, that could be this that the other. If it's not pouring into the bottom line, you have to cut them loose because you have to worry about the bottom line more than anything else, because you have to appease the shareholders and the people, the powers above you that are there because again it's a publicly traded company and they're competing against all the big players in the in the in.
Speaker 2: The industry right.
Speaker 1: And the reason it's a win for Barsool because they now have full control. They are now operating the way they want to operate, freely with no no like the MINSI Minsi's back day want sign MINSI back. The pirate ship is back to what it was known as their authenticity, their creativity, allow their creators to create and it's all but fucking good content. Work your dick off and create good content. Knowing that Dave is not going to sell and Dave is kind of you can kind of see the energy that Dave.
Speaker 2: Now has getting back into it.
Speaker 1: Leading with that with that iron fist messing with everybody back at HQ. The reason it's a win for also another reason it's a win for barstool because I'm somebody who has some stock equity and stock options in pen with my individual deal that I had when Bustin extended their deal.
Speaker 2: The reason that that is a big win is now that they're no.
Speaker 1: Longer in the public eye partner with a company like Barstool, They're not partnered with a company like ESPN. ESPN is throwing a fuck load of money. I've been seeing that. It's like, hey, this is scene as kind of a hell Mary, because ESPN has been a little late getting to the into the game. However, you go from I want to say barstool is around how many monthly viewers, what's their monthly audience, like sixteen million?
Speaker 2: I could be butchering that.
Speaker 1: But let's just say it's one or two tenths of what the ESPN and audience is in ESPN on the outside looking in Disney, all that other stuff they're buddied up is more of like the good player, not the edgy. Holy shit, they're in bed with Barstool. People hate them. They want to see him go down, so every hit piece will come out. No, they're they're in with a partner like ESPN. Now they have big players like McAfee and everybody else. Now with PEN position and partnered with ESPN, now you can see people who have are in the game with the stock and everything else that hopefully knock on wood. We're all rooting for it to work out. The partnership with Pen and ESPN. You want it to work because you want the stock price to go higher because then the money that everybody had in PEN that was with Barsool, that goes higher as well. So everybody's like, oh, it's hilarious days failing he lost so much money of the stock.
Speaker 2: Plumbt YadA YadA. No, now you.
Speaker 1: Get, we get they get, We get to sit back and people get their Barsol gets the root for the for the billion dollar corporate entity because there's some skin in the game still there, right, So that is why it is ultimately a win for a place like Barstool, where it's a win for pen Is they are now partnered with. They need to acquire more market share. The deal they had to sit back and look at it with Barstool, that wasn't a good enough move to acquire Barstool and lean on them fully to establish a higher market share when it comes to competing against the Drivetkings and the fan duel. Now they have to partner with somebody that's a more credible and more credible corporate entity like an ESPN to hopefully drive that market share up because now they're going to be hopefully in more homes. You hope people like Pat McFee and them get involved. They're pushing this ESPN bet. The same sportsbook and operation and tech that Barsol sportsbook was using.
Speaker 2: Now hopefully they pour into that tech with ESPN and they boost that to the moon.
Speaker 1: So that's why it seems like a win for everybody, and the win for ESPN they don't get there's no acquisition to be made. They're licensing their brand, So pin the spot that they're in. They go from buying a company to acquire market share. Now they're out of it. Now they gotta spend three x and instead of owning a company, now they're licensing it for ten years, hoping that this move pays off and acquires them more market share. So there's a lot of moving parts, but ultimately it seems like the right move for everybody and a big win for everybody. The one you're rooting for and everything else is now penned because they're making these big pivots and trying to pour in.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's fucking.
Speaker 1: Try and acquire a little bit more market share and usually utilize a company like ESPN because we feel like we might be capped out and tapped out with barseool.
Speaker 2: So all that makes sense, the art of the deal, the art of the deal. They've bought that company back for one fucking dollar.
Speaker 3: And it was like you said, win win one win was probably a little bit bigger than the other, but it's win win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a win win.
Speaker 1: Like at the end of the day, you're gonna see everybody talk about you know, people are like, oh, Dave's gonna sell his stock. There's no reason to sell the stock. It's still sitting at a spot where during COVID it was up. It it was up as high as one hundred per share at one point, but it's not where one of And if you sell now, there's a lot of tax. There's a lot of like tax taxing penalties that happen if you sell in the short term. So you want you want to root for them, Hey, go run off into the sunset with you. We get to do our thing what we were best at. We we don't have to worry about it. We don't have to stress every night about what what the bottom line looks like. Dave has made so much money that he gets to sit back and run it. However he wants to run it, and he empowers his creators to do so, and everybody that kind of run their thing and do their thing, which is what you want.
Speaker 2: But yes, it is a win win.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, we've been we've been, we've been slinging it boys. What else do we have your tier talk? What do we want our tear talk to be? The tier talk? Oh well, we'll wait, We'll take a pause right now, We'll take a little bit of a breather, and.
Speaker 2: We're back we'll be Yeah, we tier talk.
Speaker 3: It could be like how best Italian dishes or best overall cuisines.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we want here kind of tough on the best way. Yeah, yeah, because Taylor thinks Italian's overrated. Oh I'll say this just going back on the Italy trip, because I essentially just talked about the Expedia and the shitty travel back and the shout out that led into that.
Speaker 2: Dude, Italy we again.
Speaker 1: We hit Florence, Rome, Sorrento and some of the Multi coast and then Capri. Every spot in Italy has just something different to offer. Like, it was incredible you saw off in Florence and you just feel the vibe of like it's gonna sound cheesy, but like love and passion is the fucking games a little it's not a little gay, but you changed the cuisine, the just the walking in their streets and their buildings and like, I don't know, man, it's it was incredible.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: You just felt like you weren't on that the people over in Italy, especially in Florence. You're not on the Hampshire wheel of life. You're not on the grind of just I'm sure people are over there, but I'm just the vibe walking around. Everyone so hospitable, everyone is so nice. It was, it was awesome. Then you go to Rome and do the history in Rome is insane. I found myself on chat GPT just getting lost and asking all questions about like how Rome fell because all the statues and you realize there's buildings that are standing there for two thousand years. Why are they still standing there? Why is they they etched in this concrete into statues and storytelling and everything else.
Speaker 2: Why did it fall?
Speaker 1: What Roman emperors came through that ultimately led to the fall of ancient Rome?
Speaker 2: Why did you know? How did it move forward?
Speaker 1: And how did Catholicism become such a mainstay over there when Rome fell at the time, Because then we go over to the Vatican and you're touring that all of those cathedrals and everything else and seeing where the pope was and all that shit, and it's just insane. And then you understand. And again, I was never a history guy growing up. I was like math and science because there was always it was. Math and science are more objective than anything else. There's not a lot of subjectivity like history and fucking English, those classes and writing and reading, and so I never really cared for history. But I'm sitting there listening to everything and again with chat GPT.
Speaker 2: I know that sounds.
Speaker 1: Hilarious, but you're learning about Michaelangelo being up there for five years painting that Sistine Chapel, and it's just fucking insane. All of the history that's there, and how it has stood the test of time, why it stood the test of time, why stories have changed now you're going on tours, and why these these people leaning the tours are saying it this way and not a different way. And I'm wanting to learn about how the emperors, because you know, the victors write history. So it's like, I wonder how these powers came about. Then you're seeing the Colisseum and thousands of men died, like at any given moment, fifty to eighty thousand people stacked that place screaming for death and fucking bloodshed, loving it. And it's like the modern day gladiators of the UFC that we have now and thinking about playing football and just for entertainment everything else, like it was no different.
Speaker 2: However, it was fucking death. People died, man verse man.
Speaker 1: They want to spice it up man vers animal, animal versus animal. They're bringing in fucking drafts for men to fight because they're exotic and they weren't known, so it's like, oh, what the fuck are these beasts gonna be like? Only to get taken down by the sword. But all of these different games just to entertain the masses. It's insane. And now look at us, and now look at chock. Can you get that sunscreen on my back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that SPA fifty you might get in that fucking uh what's it called?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: The uh? I forget what the sunscreen is called. But you're right.
Speaker 1: Can we get the ac? Like what these fucking hotels in here? We need a little bit more. We need Italy needs to bang the AC a little bit more. I'll tell you that, because it gets a little stuffy over Then they don't. I want AC blasted in the car. I want AC blasted in my hotel room. But yeah, now look at us bitching over Expedia. But me and they were put us in the arena soft man. But it was fucking awesome. We watch Gladiator one night because you just get so motivated and inspired by it all.
Speaker 2: Then you go from Rome which is exactly like you know, just like the.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna butcher all this, but just the just the stone and the red and like the vibe the environment it feels. Then you're in Florence and there's more greenery and like I said, love poetry shit like that. Then you go down to Sorrento and just a gorgeous fucking place like out of a out of a Disney movie.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 1: Then you go over to Capri and you're you're getting a tour around the island and you just see, you know, you just see it all like art. It's fucking weird. It does something weird to you that makes you want to look into it and it's like, you know, maybe I kind of do want to pick up the book Sapiens. Maybe I kind of do want to read up on history now because you just get like you just feel it over there. It's really cool, man, But Italy was awesome. Is there a tear talk that we can now go off of that will be this tear talk will be brought to us by whistle Pig whiskey boys.
Speaker 2: There's different kinds.
Speaker 1: We got the rye, which is what they're known for out on the Hills of Vermont, the Mountains of Vermont. They're ten their age ten years. They're a small batch ride from whistle Pick. I like their twelve year of the best. Their ten is fucking phenomenal and very popular. They're most known for their six year. That's the one that gets sold by the masses everywhere else. And then they got a little spice. They got a little spice in their nuts and they wanted to drop a bourbon, their bourbon. They wanted to partner with busting with the boys. That's why you see a little sticker. We got to pick our bottle of bourbon while we're out there in Vermont. So you can get You can get these whistle Pig bottles anywhere at your local retailers that sell whistle Pig. Summer Fridays are a thing of the past. It's time for the Friday Ridday and whistle Pig whiskey. Grab yourself a glass, grab yourself a bottle, like I just said, a bottle of whistle Pig whiskey, and kiss your work. They could buy this summer Summer ride Day brought to you by whistle Pig. We will now talk about our tier talk. That's brought to us by Whistle Pig and our Tier talk this week will be.
Speaker 3: It could be Greatest Warriors, like you know Gladiator Alexander the Great.
Speaker 2: I watched Troy.
Speaker 1: I wanted to text you, but by the time I got downe watching it, I'm like, Okay, he's he's probably in bed right now, like you're on a weird fucking schedule time clock when you're over there. But I watched Troy. Hey loved it. How sexy is that motherfucker? Brad pitt O?
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's why your name won't be remembered the little kid when.
Speaker 1: He Johnson told that story, I'm thinking he's talking to some fucking adult.
Speaker 2: He's talking to some little boy.
Speaker 1: Are you never scared? I saw this man. You won't be able to beat him. He's he's massive. That's why your name won't be remembered.
Speaker 2: We can do that.
Speaker 3: We can do best best smells. Oh, I'm not prepared for tr talk best amenities on a plane ride, we.
Speaker 1: Go for best smells, best smells, best smells, JP, Do you want to kick us off with best smells?
Speaker 2: Tier talk?
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, I can do this. You can do this shape.
Speaker 3: Let's see Tier three I will go with fresh cut grass.
Speaker 4: Talk to you feel the hard work when you smell.
Speaker 3: The fresh cut fresh cut grass, and that's always a nice smell. Tier two Japanese food, and I love especially when you can smell it when you're driving past the Japanese restaurant and you're like, oh man, what was that or free samples. Those smells from the Japanese places are really good. And Tier one on the opposite spectrum would be a fart, a fart that really smells.
Speaker 2: And everybody don't.
Speaker 3: Lie only if hey only if it's coming from only if it's coming from you, though not somebody else's because when you touch of in yourself in the bed, we all do take that little that's small, little sniff to and if it, if it is ripping, you're like, you hate it, but you kind of love it. You're like that was kind of that was impressive, Like god damn it, but you don't share that with anybody, but you do, like you everybody smells it. Yeah, those are my my best smells.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 6: I love that, Jack oh Am, I going on one hundred three JV putting something that comes out of your ass as the best smell out there.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, going inch north, tell them what the telling what the teer three?
Speaker 7: Your Tier three smell is Tier three for me is fresh cooked bacon in the morning, waking after that. This is a good breakfast played, especially when it's unannounced and someone just kind of woke up early and it's cooking breakfast made for the squad.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 7: Tier two is going to be, uh what dryer sheets in the laundry. The smell really like freshens up that that load after he gets out of the dryer. Love that smell Number one, No, it is, It's just it's not gonna be ass I know that. It is Subway in the early two thousands, Yes, dud, what I'm talking like, it doesn't know. Yeah, or but Subway back in like two thousand, likes seven or eight you walk in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was. It's something in that bread.
Speaker 7: But yeah, something about Subway in like the mid to late two thousands was a special time. So yeah, that's my number one.
Speaker 8: Mitch, My Tier three, it's gonna be walking into a diner, just that smell of all like the fresh bake goods, the fresh breakfast, the bacon, like what Jack said and just just breakfast food and the environment of the diner.
Speaker 4: It's just like I'm ready to just pound some food hard.
Speaker 8: My Tier two is what JP said, fresh cut grass, just the the like smelling that reminds me personally a fall and like a football and it's just like, hey, we're back, like football is back, and you there's it's you just can't beat that, like just with football in the air.
Speaker 2: It is that fresh cut grass in the air.
Speaker 8: My Tier one is, uh, is gasoline going to going to like the gas I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna smelly blow key you took mind.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not gonna smell your hand right now, but I get it. But like when you're when you're at like when you're at the gas station and like you just tie. It's definitely it's definitely not good for you. But my tier one.
Speaker 1: Gasoline, I like that With that for that reason, I guess I won't use it because gasoline was in mind as well. My Tier three is going to be at fall weather, the autumn leaves, that crisp wind that hit your nostrils when you step out that front door, and you know, could be Thursday, it could be Friday. You know, the weekend is upon us. You know that college game you're gonna go to is that much closer. That car you're about to jump in for a little road trip to the college game, that Sunday NFL game.
Speaker 2: You're gonna watch with the boys is that much closer.
Speaker 1: And the radio you just you fuck with it a lot more when it's full time football season, like you said, with your fresh cut grass. But that autumn wind once Spootober is here and you just have those nice Friday morning vibes when you step out the front door. That again, that crisp that hits the nostrils.
Speaker 2: My tier too. It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: That the body odor from the shoulder pads when you walk in the line room on that first day of whether it's training camp or.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 1: It's here, and you smell them paths and they fucking stink, and you you crave it, like, am I gonna put my shoulder pads on to day with no undershirt? Am I gonna give a little whiff to that, to the little belt to connect to smell that odor a little bit more, to know that sweat equity is getting put in. That's my tier two. The body odor of shoulder pads My tier one is gonna be cal manure. When you're driving out in the country, or you're in the country and you crack them windows, or you step out of the car, you step out of that car door and you get a whiff of that manure around and you just know you are in God's country. You are in the authenticity of what American soil is about. And that is maneuver. That is my tier one, and that concludes my tier talk. My tier three is gonna be gasoline. But you you snap that up. And then when you said football, like, I know the fresh cut grass, which is true, but I want something a little different, a little spicy. All right, what else do we have? We're gonna we have a Christa Stefano. The interview insane. I've been seeing people, they've been craving the Christa Stephano interview. He threw me for a loop a little bit by surprise. I was caught off guard. He was right after Tom Sagura. It's kind of like Shane, you didn't really know a whole lot. I know the clips I saw christ Stephano. He seemed like a very high vibe, high energy cat. But the dude goes every different direction that gets you a little oh shit. Yeah, okay, we'll talk about that, but you sit back and enjoy this one. This one's a great time. But without further ado, here is Chris comedian Chris the Stefano. All Right, we interrupt this episode to talk about our experience using cars dot Com. Wherever life takes you next and whoever you're looking to be, there's a car for that on cars dot Com. Whether you're moving from the subs to the city so you want that smaller sport of your car, or you've taken up snowboarding and need more of that cargo space for that gear. They have deal badges that identify the best deals at the right time. Their advanced search filters help your narrow down the car you're looking for, the car of your dreams, the car that just needs to get from point A to point B and everywhere in between. And they have quick and easy ways to sell or trade your car in over two million cars for two million possibilities to meet your changing neees. There's up to fifty thousand cars that are at a daily to cars dot Com, so no you'll find the car that you will love, find your next possibility on cars dot com where to next. I know when I would sit, especially when I was looking for that next car, when I was looking for that Chevy. When I would car search back in the day, whether it was through my parents, like hey mom, dad, you gotta buy me this new fucking sports car. No, you're getting this little beater, I would always use cars dot com. So shout out the boys acars dot com. I am proud and happy that you were sponsoring Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode we were rolling, we were just talking about diapers.
Speaker 9: Though, yes, my wife wants to do a th and like the number one thing keeping me away is having to go through it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's people for you. Forget about the diapers. That's the hardest part of everything is the diapers and the carrying her. You know. I it's like when you pack it up, it's like it's like I'm packing up for like a mission, like a Navy seal mission, and you're just going to Every time I pack my kids up to go to the supermarket, I'm like, we're gonna kill bin laden again.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. If I see them, I'm gonna kill them. Yeah, yeah, yeah and so.
Speaker 5: But but it is the most beautiful thing to have kids, especially girls.
Speaker 2: And by the way, everybody I know is having girls.
Speaker 5: There's not one person if it's almost like if you have a boy, I'm like, yeah, but it's not a it's a girl, you know what I mean. It's like, that's it. It just has a big clips your choice. Is that what you're saying, Well that yes, well yeah that yeah, let's start having gender reveals on the eighteenth birthday hundred per But I just think there's actually something in the water or like maybe it's the vaccines. I don't know what's going on nation of the two. Something is causing for sure, more females than males. I think it's like a fact. I think it really except in China. China is the only place that is having more boys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a tough deal. It seems like China's having a hard time right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Russia's having a hard time too. Russia's yeah, Russias, how you're having the hardest time.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine how stupid you must feel if you're a Russia. Like, for the longest time, we all were like, dude, Russia will kill us, Like you do not want to fight Russia and now are like, dude, I'll fight Russia by myself. I feel like I can beat them by myself. I feel like Russian Americans, Russians.
Speaker 9: Russians, Americans have been afraid of Russia since the eighties or whatever the Cold War was, and then Rocky until Rocky four came. When four came out, were like, we can handle the Russians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we can beat these motherfuckers up, no question, dude. Yeah, is a fucking yeah.
Speaker 9: But it is a weird deal because three months ago we're sitting there going, hey, Russia, China, they think they're getting together, Saudia.
Speaker 2: Rapis jumping in the pool for some reason. Yeah. Then all of a sudden, the cou rips.
Speaker 5: Off and all like I think we're like American prie to nationalism's coming back. Where it's like when because you used to feel like, not necessarily me, but you would feel I'm just always been a pride for American even like when my comedy friends were always like.
Speaker 2: The police suck.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'll shoot you, get off my property. So you know, it's just like just I was always the guy that was like, you're just stop being a stop fucking listening to everything the news says, please and just be a regular human being and understand that police cops fire.
Speaker 2: Them in the army. Everyone's just doing the best they can.
Speaker 5: Besides a couple of bad eggs that we fucking have even in our business. It's just always that's what it is.
Speaker 2: At every household too.
Speaker 5: Everybody. It's like, just shut up with the media, fear, porn, cherry picking, bullshit. But I think more people are starting to see it now, right. But I always was like American pride whenever. But then I noticed, like for a while, they are no American flags. You never saw American flags that much.
Speaker 2: You saw it.
Speaker 5: And I grew up, you know, nine to eleven, I was a senior in high school in New York. You better have an American flag up and down the streets or we're like, what are.
Speaker 2: You with them? What are you terrorists? And now?
Speaker 5: And then it flipped for a while, whereas like if you had an American flag, people like, what are you terrorist? What are you white white supremacists? And it's like, no, I just I live in America. Because there was for a while. I gotta be honest, Like when I was walking down New York city in the West Village. This was like a month or two ago I saw, and it's not there as much anymore. I saw. I walked down the block and all I saw was Ukrainian flags and rainbow flags. And I was, like, am I in the gay part of Kiev? I mean, I thought I was in the United States. What's happening? And I like the Ukrainians. I like gay people. I mean, I'm not saying I'm not gay, you know what I mean. I don't think I am. Everyone's on the spectrum exactly. It's like I support it because like that's what the rainbow is, like a spectrum of colors. I'm a human being, Like you know, I might go the first fifty straight to the last fifty gay.
Speaker 2: That's possible.
Speaker 5: I love, you know, But I do feel like now, like I'm talking about very recent, like over the last six to eight weeks. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the bud like controversy, maybe it's but American pride. I feel for the first I see, like the first.
Speaker 9: Glimmer of it again in a while, and you can't put your finger on it.
Speaker 5: I can't put my finger like this fourth of July was just it was just good, like yeah, like I works for a brighter. Yeah, dude, we lit.
Speaker 2: I lit.
Speaker 5: I have neighbors who had a British guy come over. I lit him on fire right in my yard and everybody it was fucking great, dude, and nobody cared, which is like at other times they would have been like, you can't do that. Respect its right, so but I'd fucking let him on fire, and I suck it. Nigel, yea motherfucker. Yeah, piece of shit.
Speaker 2: It is wild.
Speaker 9: I was in Florida during forth of July and it seemed like, I don't know, Florida is its own unique place. I don't think they have a loss of patriotism there, but I did feel a certain sense of like, hey, because I'm not big and jumping into politics, but I am big on wherever you're from. Have probably where you're from regardless. I just grab a little something from where you're from, take it with you wherever you go. And I feel like with America, it's like, yeah, yeah, we've dated people, you've dated people you loved and you got your heart broken. But there's things even when you're in love, you're like, this bug's the shit out of me about this person. Same thing with America, if you can be from America, not like all of the things about America. Sure, like all the things about America, but I'm fucking happy to be America.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like the ones who like just shit on the country all day, every day. It's like it's a broken record and just shut up. There's what do you Where are you gonna go live? Where do you want to go live? Where do you want to do you want to live?
Speaker 2: In Canada? Everything's on fire? Do you want to live? You know?
Speaker 5: Like it's like it's like I've heard I've heard some of my you know, in comedy, a lot of a lot of gay, gay people, you know, a lot of gay people talking. I heard somebody say, this is the worst time to be gay in the world is right now in this country. I was like, do you know if you went to the Middle East state, throw you off a roof. They would throw you off a roof and people would be clapping and celebrating.
Speaker 2: It's like, what are you talking about? What?
Speaker 5: People are just so indoctrinated and sucked into the media. But I think I think that it really is like a lot of people, don't they don't really. Uh, they're not as fooled anymore. Even somebody like my mom, who was like, just what anything the news caster says, she takes the truth. She's starting to question now, which I think is good, right, I mean I think it's uh, I think that's better. I mean, none of this is comedy. But I'm changing my I'm changing my profession as I am. I'm running along with r Yeah, and I'm gonna be Yeah, I'm shooting. Uh, We're gonna be sucking the vaccines out of people and just repin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have a magnet and start sucking vacuus.
Speaker 9: Got a lot of stuff going on, very political right now. Yeah, ditching comedy. Jeffrey Dahmer's glasses on.
Speaker 5: By the way, this is the first five minutes of the podcast. You'll see by the maybe the next twenty minutes. I'll be the op everything I just said. I'll be the opposite. I'll play different characters for an hour. I'll just say I will absolutely, I'll start kneeling. Put the national anthem on, I'll kneel. I just you can't. That's my whole thing is you can track me down. You can't I'm funking Chrissy gray Zones.
Speaker 2: Chrissy Gray Zones.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is also a very educated individual, like you love yourself some history from what I've been finding.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I love history. I love I love trying now to sell I'll take like a different era. Like somebody, somebody came up to me the other day and they were like, oh, I mean listening to your podcast, you're talking so much about finance.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, that was three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: I've moved on to ten other subjects that I've been obsessed with, ten other subjects. And then I'm the guy I read half of a book and I'm like, I'm an expert, let me tell you about it. Yeah, And then all the people are like, you fucking idiot. All you're doing is making mistakes. But I think it's that my grandfather gave me like good advice, right, you know, he right before he killed himself in front of our family. But he he he, he said, but he did give you great advice. And he said, uh, he said, if you're the smartest person in the room, it's time for you to find a new room. You always you always want to be dumb. Around the people you're hanging out with. You never want to be the because then you're not learning anything. So I always try to, uh be the dumbest person in the room. But now I'm in bye bye being the smartest. By right, read half the book, I'm the smartest. Let it fly, dude, you're fucking way of okay.
Speaker 2: What you're saying.
Speaker 5: Hundred percent? Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, I'm in and out. I'm always fucking listening, baby, I'm always listening to this. This guy says, yes, I heard your southern accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, South Carolina boy. Game cock.
Speaker 2: I love it, baby, love the cock. There we go. Yeah, that was a nice that's you. You do dance around?
Speaker 9: You said that you might go fifty straight fifty gay. Yes, that's a nice little I feel like a nice Daniel Toshball he I feel like he was one of the first comedians.
Speaker 2: Kind of is he is he not? What's he going through? I was enjoyed watching him to the line. Yeah, it's always fun toe the line. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Whatever happened to Tash he's I think he just did so well, made so much money that he's I think he's just like maybe writing new stuff. I think he's taken a break from everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's not on I never see him anywhere, but he might live in l A. I think he's from Germany, right, he might like live in Germany. He might be dude, the Germans were coming back.
Speaker 2: But I feel like he doesn't do anything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think he I think he's I think he's truly made like one hundred million.
Speaker 2: Dollars like he's he's he he.
Speaker 5: Is not even quietly like he He has done so well in this in the comedy business that I don't know that he has to. I mean, I don't know his finances at all. He could be horrific with his money. I have no idea, but but he seems like he's made so much money that think it gets to a point where you're like, all right, man, I got to take like a couple of.
Speaker 2: Years mental break or something.
Speaker 5: You also need to find the matilia to live new experiences, because the thing I think with comedy is is if you get too big, Like music is different, go get as big as you want. But with stand ups, if you get too big and you lose sense, you lose touch with the common man. Your comedy. You can't do like a crushing hour about your yacht. You can't do it like the people in the front rung. But what the fuck you're talking like? You're supposed to be the common man like us. You're supposed to be mad at shit and kind of have an opinion about stuff. So I think maybe maybe he's doing that, like just kind of taking a step back to just ground him. I mean, not that he might be. I think he might be. Again, he's not. He lives in La, I think so I'm always in New York. I'm one of those like New York guys like I don't you could be like, hey, dude, if you just moved to LA or Austin, you would you'd you'd make ten million.
Speaker 2: Dollars more a year.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, I'm never I'd literally I'd rather drive a bus in New York. I don't want to leave New York at all because I think I'm just I don't have anything against La or Austin. I'm happy they're beautiful American cities and not taken over by isis. But I think that I'm just a very New York guy. I like to be around like my family, my friends from home. I like New York is always like there's like new things happening always, and every time I leave New York, I don't I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm always like I'd rather just I like quick hits.
Speaker 5: I like to go somewhere for two three days and then go and then leave and come back to New York. I'm comfortable here, I'm comfort want fee here. I'm a little uncomfortable outside of it. But yeah, I don't know. And I also kind of don't feel like my whole like the being a comedian is like the fourth thing about me, you know. It's like my comedy career is like I'm not one of those guys that are like and I get my peers that do. They're like, I'll do every dig for comedy. I want to be the greatest of all. I'm like, dude, knock yourself out. That's the last thing I'd want to be. Really, I'm any kidd of me. And you know how much pressure that is. Also, nobody fucking cares. Do you think Alexander the imagine Alexander the Great came any here right now, you'd be like, look at this asshole in a toga Look at this dumb fuck.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows who this retard is, and.
Speaker 5: He was Alexander the Great because no, truly nobody cares, nothing really matters. And that's not pessimistic. That's up coming from a I'm a happy person where I'm like, just take a break, like relax, like who I have to what is the greatest of all time? And at least in comedy, mean you know what that means. In my opinion, I'm never gonna see my kids. I'm never gonna see them. I'm gonna all I'm gonna do is look at them through memories. I'm like, I don't want to do that. I'd rather be just the piece of shit comic that I am. That's doing okay, But I'm like at my kid's stuff, you know what I mean, And then when they find out their father's game, they don't want to talk to me.
Speaker 9: I'll go in a world to that. What he said, it's the force the fourth thing about you? What are the the three what are what are the three things that are just the most interesting to you outside of well.
Speaker 5: First and foremost, I'm a white man, don't forget that very important to you straight white male.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I love America, Love America.
Speaker 5: I think you know number one definitely, uh father, you know, like that's that's the main thing about me that I care about the most.
Speaker 2: Like I just I don't really care like.
Speaker 5: What people think of my comedy or what people you know, what some executive thinks of my part I don't care at all.
Speaker 2: I just care about, like what my kids think of me.
Speaker 5: And then I think to being a partner to my girlfriend is huge because we have the kids. So I think like that is is very very important to me. And then third son, my you know, my I'm very close to my parents, so like got to be like a good son even though I you know, go on stage talking about you know, come leaking out of my asshole, it's you know, and and but yeah. Then then the fourth thing is is listen, I love doing comedy. It gives me an outlet. It's it's great, you know, it's like cathartic for me to like, you know, I feel bad for people that don't have an outlet. Like you'll see something on the news that really angers you or social media that like angers you, and like you have nowhere to like you can't get it out where I can get it out with comedy and say how I feel and joke format and it makes me feel better.
Speaker 2: But I think, you know, doing this for the money.
Speaker 5: Comedy for the money is like, that's when I think we all start to and I, by the way, I went through a phase last year where I was like, I'm definitely doing shows and meet and greets and stuff for the money, and I couldn't figure out why. I absolutely hated myself even though I was selling tickets making more money than I ever made. I was like, but you, like I would look in the mirror and be like, you fucking suck. And I couldn't figure it out. And it was like, oh, because you were starting to do things for the money, not for the creativity. So now it's changed. Even though I know I'm wearing these glasses and you're like, what are you talking about? Like you look like an asshole right now.
Speaker 2: I actually like the glasses. Quh. I appreciate it. It.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes me I do it. They're very Jeffrey dahmeresque, and I just, yeah, I want to it's good. I want to eat black men.
Speaker 2: Inspission for you. Jeffrey Dahmer.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, no, I actually saw what happened was as I did. Here's the thing with me. Okay, here's what you have to know about me.
Speaker 2: Boys, we interrupt this episode. Duke Cannon.
Speaker 1: The Duke Cannon Scent Trophy Game was created by the Boys for the Boys. Support from bus with the Boys team, and it's available now in Thick body Wash and The Big Ass Brick of Soap. The idea was hatched at the bust and Bowl with the Duke Cannon team.
Speaker 2: We wanted to bring a scent to.
Speaker 1: Life that celebrates college football, the greatest rival rivalries that autumn morning that we just spoke of. The trophy game has notes of smoked leather and amber and smells like a collegiate football fall. Not only you're randomly fuck not you're randomly assigned freshman roommate. Thick High Viscosity body Wash. Thick is formulated with a noticeably higher viscosity and built to work effectively on your body and not spew down the shower drain. The Big Ass Brick of Soap is three times bigger than the common bars of soap, Triple mild for super quality, for superior quality, and it's made with natural oils.
Speaker 2: This is this is the scent.
Speaker 1: This is the oil that you want on your body, whether you're out about, whether you're under them shoulder pads trying to get a little musty. This is the soap for you. Find the new new Duke can of Scent at Duke Cannon dot com. Slash Trophy game brought to you by the Boys. Busting with the fucking Boys. Back to the episode.
Speaker 5: And anyway and and my career whenever whatever you know, like Midas, you know, like anything he touches is gold. Anything I touch. Just know that if you put me on your network and I feel bad for you guys with this podcast when I when you get me on, things start to go bad for you. I don't know why this happens, but it just starts to include So. So I I came up. I did uh in hours? Uh you know it was forty five minutes that we put out for Netflix. Okay, put out for Netflix. Great, Loving It show comes out immediately within twenty four hours of my show coming out, Netflix announces they've had the worst quarter in the history of their business and the stocks have fallen so much that like they may have to shut down their business. Great, then I do a show for Vice called Super Maximum Retro Show. Okay, came out, the show comes out, It's actually doing pretty good. I'm like, the curse is over. Vice has now completely shut down as a network. It does not exist anymore. This happened in like a month ago, Vice completely My show came out, and then Vice crumbled, absolutely crumbled to the bucket, to the ground. You know, I had a pilot. I had a pilot show for CBS in twenty sixteen. I thought it was going to make me like the next Ray Romano, like that's what I was being touted as and everybody I'm talking about being from Queen's and my new version of it whatever. Literally the day that the people who pick the the shows that like, the actual people who are in the room who pick the five pilots that are going to go to series that America is going to see on the day like May fourteenth, twenty sixteen, I'm talking about, not the day before, the actual day they're supposed to pick. At eleven am, the day the guy our champion is gonna pick dies of a heart attack right away, like dot dead, heart attack, see you later. Done. Show never gets picked up. So I think, so the thing is with me is I've just accepted that that there might be a level here that I'm never gonna get past. But right now, if you allowed me to like push a button and say you will never get another dollar, you will never get your life won't change. You'll never get a dollar less, you'll never get a dollar more, you'll never travel less, you'll never travel more. Your life will be this for the next thirty years. I would push the but I would push it immediately. So that tells me, well, then you must be happy then with your situation, because I mean, it wouldn't even be a thought, it'd be like done in yes. Because it's also like to the point, like when you get so famous, it's like, what's different about that? It's just more fucking people, you know, wanting to bring you down. Every ladder you go up in this business, it's ten more people are trying to pull you back down. It's like, after a while, you're like, what what is the point? What is the point of this? I just want to make enough money to invest it properly. I want to try to convince enough people to invest their money with me so I can swindle it. And then I just I just want to like be a good dad and be there as much as I can, and try for dear life to just white knuckle hold onto the current relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean, even though that's the falling apart.
Speaker 9: When you're when you're sitting there, when you're sitting there a year ago, and you're doing meet and greets and all this stuff for cash and all that, and you're like, you hate yourself.
Speaker 2: You can look in the mirror and be like, Okay, this is why this is happening.
Speaker 9: What changes did you make from Okay, sitting here today, all this energy in the world, but.
Speaker 2: A happy person. Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He wanted to do something and and and so so what happened was is I couldn't articulate why I felt gross about the meet and greet because I knew that the people who paid were actually happy. They were like, I don't mind paying this money, you know, even but I couldn't articulate why why do I feel so bad about it? And I think it was two reasons. One, I felt that I would do this for free for them. I genuinely like so appreciative with the people that come to the show. It's like I will stand out there and do it for free. I honestly like, you don't have to pay. And then I heard my favorite band is the nineteen seventy five and the lead singer, Matty Heally, I heard him say on social media about meet and greets. He was like, if you're an artist doing meet and greets, he goes, here's what I want you to do. He goes, rather than going through ticket master or your agent to get the ticket, you know, money from the fans, take the picture with them, talk to them for thirty seconds, and then ask them to give you forty dollars in cash and see how you feel. And I was like, I E the os Meal. I was like, that's what I'm doing. And again, it's not a just it's not a thing. If people are doing it and the fans who want to do it great, just me as a person, I was like, I can't do this. I'm I feel like I'm giving you the what you're paying for is the show, my jokes that I've written, like my performance, but half that I don't want to take any more of your money, even buying the merchandise. It's like sometimes I feel but it's like I don't you almost like you know, it's like how much money.
Speaker 2: Do you fucking need? Man?
Speaker 5: Like you know, like you're you get to a point where you're like, I'm on this hamster wheel where it's like, I mean again, going on a world tour is great, it really is, but it's like, you know, it's just for me time away from my family because time and money are the same value. Actually, time is more valuable to me now where I'm like, if you told me, hey, i can get this amount of money, but it's gonna cost six months away from my family, I'm like, I'm there's no way I'll just make less money.
Speaker 2: I'll live, I swear to.
Speaker 5: God, I'll go back to being being a physical therapist. I just don't. The entertainment business, I think has just there's like a nastiness to it that I'm like, I'm happy I'm in it. I love doing what I do, but there's a limit to like what I'll do. And I'm not saying that limit isn't sucking cock to get on TV, right, I will blow up.
Speaker 2: That's always that's always out there.
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, That's why I wear these glasses in case you guys wanted to poo cocky or something like that i'd be like, I'm protect did at least I won't get pink guy, because my kid is a big uh summer presentation.
Speaker 2: I have to be at before hold before you ask that question. In the nineteen seventy.
Speaker 9: Five Yees song Girls, I Love Girls, that YouTube, Yeah, that YouTube music video is the music video.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've seen the music video.
Speaker 9: It's black and white, and the lead singers like, hey, we're a punk band. We don't do pop stuff. They should be in black and white, and it's automatically in color, and there's basically a parody on like they're trying to be a punk band, but they're playing a whole bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I have seen that video. Go in it.
Speaker 9: And the lead singer, it's a model, she's like six to one. As soon as that music video came out, I was like, I have a massive crush on her.
Speaker 2: That's the pivot. Go ahead, and we'll ask your question. If you're good, dude, if you're gonna do it, do it the right way, give me.
Speaker 5: The right ways, the fucking lips, dude, exact fucking guy, give you dude, you're done already.
Speaker 2: He's done already, we bodybaged you guys on accident. I'm so sorry. Thanks. I love you fight if I closer, Yeah, you need champstick. It's a little champion. I I could deal with it.
Speaker 9: We had cigar on right before you came and we went, like what today he just walked in and out?
Speaker 5: Man, Tommy, Yeah he's still here.
Speaker 2: He might be still here, but like, yeah.
Speaker 5: So Sigura is the perfect example of a guy to model a career after in my opinion, Tom. I know he just went on the tour and all that, but he did it that. He brought his family to a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Tom is a guy.
Speaker 5: He's doing everything exactly what he wants to do. He's making incredible money, he's there for his family, he's there first fans, He's doing everything his way.
Speaker 2: That's the guy that I look up to and model. What about the guy you cried with on on the podcast? Bert Bert? Oh?
Speaker 5: Bert's another one Bert's. But I've actually heard Bert recently say that he feels he's doing too much now. So he's actually which is understandable. He's like, I think I'm doing I think I'm doing too much. So he's got good intuition. He's like, let me scale it back, you know.
Speaker 2: But Bert, by the way, what a clip, Like, what a moment? Oh yeah, that's just your acting, dude.
Speaker 5: Which we spoke about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we uh sixteen pilot coming out and you dude, oh yeah, getting ready to roll.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: I put that. I put that twenty sixteen CBS. That's the thing too with people like you know, I think if you just at times, I mean, I'm scared of a lot of shit, but but I think at times, if you're just like fucking I'll ask for you know, I'll ask for perm I'll ask for forgiveness later. You know, I'd rather what do I say, I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission. They tell you to like you're like a million times your a lawyer will tell you if your pilot doesn't get picked up, you cannot ever post this anywhere. You know, you cannot ever post your special anywhere other than on the platform. Blah blah blah. I was just like during the pandemic, I was like, I'm just gonna post my entire CBS pilot on my YouTube. I'm just gonna do it. I don't fuck what then sue me. I was like, if you assue me, I'll just talk about that on my podcast and make that a clip. I'll just fucking monetize everything. I'm a beast and so and so That's what I think our careers now have become with this podcasting is like whatever you do to me, whether you cancel me or say this, I'll just make it content. I'll just so it's like this thing that it's like it's kind of like it's always like, look at Shane, look at Shane Gillis, Like he's got one of the biggest careers now ever, and it's like it all started with people trying to take everything away from it. It's like you're like pulling back a rubber band to shoot it even higher. Yeah, but I think people are getting that now. Don't you feel like people are understanding that now?
Speaker 2: I feel like in a lot of ways, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: But it also is like you guys being like comedy is the one thing that's like truly still everything's on limits. And I know people like the you know, the letters and stuff like that. Everything is like you're allowed to go at everybody still, even though like I know a lot of people the LGBT community, lg whatever, the letters. They get really they get upset about stuff that community comedies, Like they try to cancel Chappelle when he came out with a special and the whole thing was about that. But it's like comedy is like the one beautiful spot that no matter what you do, it's going to pivot back into comedy and they're gonna be able to use whatever you say to get back right into that area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I think a lot of the power is going back through like the content creator, like the creator right, because people or figuring out that they can be authentic and there's still ways to pivot a long way being authentic because you're not like just on a TV show in the minute you get fired or canceled or whatever the case may be. There are other ways to you know, still recreate yourself. We're still create yourself.
Speaker 2: Well that's why the stream is going, Yeah, it is going out the window right the wind. Yeah. Well, I think too, it's important too.
Speaker 5: That's why it's important to have a family, whether it's kids or a husband, wife, partner, whatever. I think it's important to be able to get outside your career and whatever it is, whether it's in entertainment or not because you start to just realize like the petty bullsh like especially like with social media. It's like I haven't been on social media and I think it's going on ten months now, and it's like radically change my life. Like I still need someone to run it, to sell tickets and be out there. It's just part of how we promote ourselves. But I don't see the comments at all because I made a decision. I said, I'm not gonna let a complete stranger influence me positively or negatively anymore. I'm not going to take them saying that they think my comedy is great, it's not going to get to me, or that they think I suck. It's not going Only if I'm in the physical space with you or you're at my shows, does your do then I value your opinion if I don't know you at all, Because I was like, man, I'm letting somebody who lives in London, you know, control my day. It's like our brains are not designed for that. So I was like, I'm getting off it. And it's interesting. My Instagram when this happened ten months ago, wasn't I just could not sign in right password even when I got the recent it was some kind of bug was in it. So we got in touch with like a pretty high up person at Instagram to help me out. And then I was speaking to him and I was telling him what my plan was to get somebody else to run it. So I had that person on the phone just give this guy the password whatever. And he said to me, he goes, this is really smart what you're doing. You're really really smart that you're getting off this, And I was like, really why. He was like, because he's like, we're doing internal research right now that company Meta. He's like, we're doing internal research right now, and we're seeing that if you have more than twenty five thousand followers, that seems to be the cutoff.
Speaker 2: These people, the people.
Speaker 5: That that the people with more than twenty five thousand followers, it has major impacts on their social identity, major impacts on their personalities. It is not good at all for human brains to be dealing with this many people commenting on every aspect of their life. Where like seeing it and it's like it's going to probably be things that radically change in the next few years. So it's good that you're getting out of this now. He was like because you're it's it's not good and we're and we're seeing that in house. I was like, wow, and I tell you what I feel it like. I used to get angry like at even like if I would come into a podcast and you know, somebody I felt like was like disrespecting me or making fun of me, I would internalize it. And now I'm like, oh, dude, I don't. I don't, I don't care. I've I've gotten so much less angry because I'm just like, man, people are going to say what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: I don't really hear.
Speaker 5: It that much. I only hear it from my family and close friends, good reviews and bad reviews. So if you give me even a bad review, it's just like it doesn't make that. I don't hear that all day. But when you're hearing bad reviews or good reviews all day, you're like in this manicked state twenty four to seven, then I'm not. I'm just not in anymore. And I think it's good to not have everybody has access to here. That's like not good. It's just not good at all. Because you're like I keep my circle small tight.
Speaker 1: I think that's perfect that's why I downloaded twiler yesterday. Yeah, downloaded threads from Instagram.
Speaker 2: What's threads? Threads is now the Twitter of Instagram.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Heavenly Father, We interrupt this episode to bring you straight Talk.
Speaker 2: Are you paying too much for your wireless plan?
Speaker 1: If so, straight Talk just introduced the new straight Talk Multi Line Plan, where more lines mean more savings for just twenty five dollars a month per month when you get four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on all nationwide five G plus, No contracts, no hidden fees, no bullshit, no compromises. That's just straight talk, talking boys from straight Talk. Wireless available at Walmart and Walmart dot com. We love Walmart dot com over here. We love Walmart over here. Been a very faithful shopper since nineteen eighty nine. Learn more at straight talk dot com. Forward slash multi line question mark, UTM underscore medium equals BAC and UTM underscore campaign equals a W and UTM underscore content equals e v r g r N and UTM underscore term equals g n r C minus percent sign twenty two five e p I D exclamation point underscore percent sign e c i D exclamation point.
Speaker 2: Do you have cauliflower area? You're like an inn between er. Yeah, I got a little, I get a little twetter calflowers.
Speaker 5: But it's not so pronounced yet, so it's almost like why is why don't you have if you're gonna go califlyeril, just go fall?
Speaker 1: Well, Fortunately, like the calflower ear happened like when I was really young.
Speaker 2: So what happened wrestling? Ah? You know what I mean, like rolling around on the mats and professionally, not like with your dad or anything as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess so, like get out then the singlets in the circle shake hands, red and green.
Speaker 2: You wrestle a.
Speaker 5: Little bit like you look like it like an almost Channing Tatum type thing, right, I will very close.
Speaker 2: That's a nice little yes.
Speaker 5: You look like I like it.
Speaker 2: Man, I appreciate that. But it's good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but dude, because you have a you have a you have a like an ear that I wouldn't fuck with. You know, I would look at your ear and say this, even though it's almost cauliflower ear, you don't want to fuck with this guy? Like that's enough of a resume, that's enough to say, don't I don't want to go there. I don't want to go there.
Speaker 2: It's good to know have that kind of respect. You should have had your ear coming out of your helmet when you were playing a nice little deal. I Will.
Speaker 9: He comes from Missouri, and Missouri what they do is they wrestle. Yeah, and I've wrestled Will. I at one point outweighed Will by over one hundred pounds. And I wrestled Will on three separate occasions, and all three times he body bagged the fuck out of me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and you could tell, Yeah, you could tell he's got he's he's a nice guy. But you could tell there's a darkness, there's something missing. Yeah, you could tell one hundred percent there's I don't know what it is.
Speaker 9: I don't know if more than twenty five thousand followers, there's no question it's one of those you're saying that I'm on the wrong I'm going down the wrong.
Speaker 5: Path, Like I kind of almost think, like, what's gonna unfortunately, probably happen to both of these. You're going to see the real him in the last five seconds of your life. Oh no, it's a little gonna be what we call a murder. Siuie will we right here on the pod. Yeah, and it's and unfortunately you're gonna have to deal with it. But it'll be great for the numbers. Yeah, I just don't have to.
Speaker 9: But the numbers won't matter because I'll be dead. Yeah, but no, But how do you monetize when you die?
Speaker 2: I'll put your numbers on your grapes though. There it is. That's all I need to hear.
Speaker 5: Give it to the family, and you give it. You just give the money back to Dave Portnoy. Okay, that's what it is. He deserves it. He's put a lot of work in. Yeah, put a fucking lot of work in, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna ask earlier is how do you plan ahead now to account for like that balance you want to you want to have in your life.
Speaker 5: So what I do now actually is I've taken my uh uh kind of a not enough seven. But I've really tried to self educate myself on finance. I've really tried to say Tiki Barber, NFL guy, I got to do a show with him a few years ago called The Ultimate Beast Master that I got fired for because I said it was like this international competition and like Tiky and I were the host of Team USA. But then like everybody had teams like Team Britton, Team India, Team China, and when you fell off the obstacle course on the Ultimate Beast Master into the water, you got like eliminated and they called it the beasts Blood. Right, It's just whatever. And so we were doing the show like you know, forever, like a week, and then the producer in my ear was like, hey, Chris, like when this next competitor goes up, like just give us like an alt name the Beace Blood. I was like, all right. So it was a competitive Chinese competitor and and he went up and I was like, I don't have anything. And then as soon as he fell, his name was Ben Fung. As soon as he fell, I was like, as he was falling, I was like, oh shit, I got it. I got and I said, I swear to god. I had like a moment. I was like if I say this, I'm probably gonna lose my job. But like I have to say this, and he hits it, and then they're like waiting and I go. I went there goes Bin Fong into the duck sauce and and Tiki Dude was fucking diaglaughing. I get called to the boots fired during the show.
Speaker 2: See uh yeah then and.
Speaker 5: Then it was like the last day anyway. And I mean, dude, Tiky and I still like, I just saw him a couple of weeks ago, Like every time he sees me, he's like, I cannot I still cannot believe you did that. But he was like, it was one of the best moments in my life to just call my wife. But you never get believe what this kid, Chris just did. And so but anyway, so we became like close friends and and he talked to me about investing. He talked to me about how he has a company for NFL players, especially the rookies and stuff coming in that don't know anything really about finance, but they're getting this money. They invest money with him because they trust him and he he's educated himself so much on finance that you invest with him through his firm and he helps you this way. You're not going to get your money stolen by your family or bad invested whatever. He like guides you. So that kind of got me to start thinking, like, man, I got to know what's going on with my mind. I can't just give it to somebody and give them one percent, because you think of financial wealth advisors like, oh, they're only taking one percent, it's not that much money. It's like, over the course of twenty to thirty years, like they're taking hundreds of thousands of dollars that you could have invested yourself, and then with compound interest, that could turn out to be millions and millions of dollars that you just gave away. So that's the thing that I try to plan ahead now is kind of managing my own money. And every dollar I make on the road or through podcasting is like, you know, what dollar has to go to the cost of running my household and my family and making sure they are well taken care of and then investing for the future. So I don't I don't want to be that guy that's, you know, fifty five years old, like I have to go, you know, to go do some comedy club in the middle of the country if it's there, if I wanted to. But I don't want to be the guy that has to do that. But I'm aware that at if I'm gonna be the guy who's gonna get to that mega money through comedy that's gonna take a lot of time away from my family. So I'm trying to find the balance of make money here at home or being on the road as little as possible, and then taking that money and making the work for me in uh in other ways.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so if guys want investor money with me.
Speaker 9: You start hit a t barber thing. I started getting nervous. Yeah, give give me your money and I'll invest it because I'm educated.
Speaker 2: That kind of scares me.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, that's coming from Chris, Like you know, he's kinda he's just kind of napped and saying all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know once he brought up rookies and programs like I'm sure he's got Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I think it's all through the NFL. I think it's all through the end. And I might be even kind of missing parts about it. It might not just be like he was just the first I remember he was the first guy. We were walking because he's a great guy, and we were walking and he saw like this open plot of land and like, uh, I think we're in like Valencia, California, and he like called somebody and he like gave him like the like co ordinates like lad like attitude longitude coordinates of this play. I was like, what the fuck are you like gonna drop a nuke? And he goes, no, dude, this this this land can be a parking lot. This is just unserved land. I want to buy this land and put a parking lot there. I was like, whoa you think like that? He was like, absolutely, he was like he told me. He was like, the thing is is like most people and again, I haven't put this into practice yet. You know, I'm living in a one bedroom but you've read so far, you've read half the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but most people it's like it's it's easy to not it's the money is there for the taking. It's just you don't even you don't know. Like he was like, you see a plot of land, you think, oh, it's just land. He goes, but I see how cow can this land make me money? So it's smart And he's made for sure more money now than he did during his playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's he's he's a great guy.
Speaker 9: When you talk about the social media and getting off social media and then everything you're doing is in the public eye, yeah, do you do you ever struggle with that?
Speaker 2: At all. It's like, is this the right avenue for me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But the podcasting and everything, Here's the thing is is sorry, yeah, okay, whoa, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Now now I have Collie Flower, Dick and and uh and he uh. So It's interesting because I feel like with podcasting right is in a way, when we first started doing it right, everybody was doing it kind of on the heels of everybody saw how successful Joe Rogan gone at it, and and kind of it was just the only way for a lot of us to kind of have any way to get our message out because we weren't getting on the TV shows, we weren't really getting in the movies, and so a lot of you know, the comics, you know obviously the ones that exploded, the Theo Vannes and the Joey Coco Diazz and all those guys. You know, it was kind of like we were watching them in New York like this is the past, like this where they're gonna let us talk, you know, uncensored to our fans. We're gonna get a fan based, a niche fan base, and that's what we'll get tickets. And that happened for a lot of us and it's and it's still continue to happen, which is good, but it feels like it's shifting now because now the big, big, big comics that I mean are exploding, like you know a Matt Rye or Jessica Kierson that they don't have podcasts, they have just clips on the Internet. It went from long form content to short form content. That's what the consumer wants now. So I have been questioning as times when going on, like should I make my podcast a little shorter? Should I be talking all the time about everything always? Because it's like, if you look, I like the Stoics. I like Stoic stoicism, and like the guys like Marcus Aurelius and Epicteus. I like them because it's like, it's not that I don't like the modern day thinkers, like the great guys like the Gary vs and the Tony Robbins, They're amazing, but it's that the Stoics wisdom has been around for two thousand plus years, so it's like battle tested wisdom. That's why I like, I always go to like what's been around longer, And so they are always saying, like, you know, like this guy Kano, who he was like the stoic stoic. He was like the Davitel the comics comic where everybody like loved this guy. He was like, you know, you have one mouth, two ears, you know, just you know, you have two years to listen, one mouth to talk to talk less, listen more, just talk less. And he said, you know, always be aware if you're subjected to the third thing and the third thing. Mean like the first thing is you do to do something, the second thing is it helps someone, and then the third thing is needing to get admiration for it.
Speaker 2: That's where the ego comes in.
Speaker 5: That's what's gonna lead you down a bad path that I'm like sometimes I'm like, all I'm doing is talking and wanting admiration for it. It's like I am falling into the third thing and just talking too much. And I don't know that it's like that on point, but lately I've been like, what am I doing? I think I'm because with podcasting a lot of times we're talking and we're having these half thought out thoughts and we're just spraying them out, and that's what gets people in trouble later on, because you're like, I didn't even stand up is different. It's like whatever I say on stage, I've thought about that, I've tried to perfect that as much as I could, and it is edited and in my brain at least, and I'm like, I have thought this out.
Speaker 2: We're a podcast.
Speaker 5: It's like people will send me clips sometimes of what I said on a podcast four years ago, and I'm like, I don't ever remember saying Hitler had some good ideas. I don't remember that at all, but I like clear evidence that I said it, because you're I'm literally in a Nazi uniform screaming at hailing so and I don't but I don't remember it at all. And so there's things that I get weary of with podcasting. And I think we all know it's very oversaturated now, but that's okay. I mean everything gets oversaturated, and I think, you know, sometimes people will be like if they come up to different comics and they're like, oh, I saw you on TikTok, Like some of my peers will get upset at that. I used to get upset at that, but it's like that's just the new medium people are finding. Like I heard like Jackie Gleeson used to get mad if you recognized him from his TV show because he got big on the radio. And it used to be the radio is everything, and if you're on TV, you're a hack. And then it went from well TV's going away and you need a podcast, and if you're on TV, you're a hack.
Speaker 2: It's about the podcast.
Speaker 5: And now it's starting to become well everybody's on TikTok and it's like, what are you just another guy with a podcast? So it's constantly evolving, I'm realizing. So it's like always about trying to get to that next thing, which I genuinely have no idea how to get to or what that is.
Speaker 9: That's it, Yeah, that's that's the That's the fear when you're trying to stay in front of everybody's eyes, is like, what is next? How do I stay on top about? Just like the Threads thing you were talking about. Yeah, threads, what that was? I thought it was. I thought it was a competition of bird dogs. Yeah, I thought it was shorts.
Speaker 2: Right, But we're driving here, it will yeah, literally away from it.
Speaker 5: It starts to ride that crease the ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: But Threads I didn't even know about. Literally were driving here and they're talking about threads, and I was like, what the fuck is what? What is threads? Yeah, I'm in my head, but like things just coming out of nowhere like this. Have you seen this grimace shake thing? Look at this You've you've been rolling it a million miles an hour.
Speaker 2: It's unfucking believable. What's going on round? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And people are like, you should get They'll send me messages. Oh, you can get injections, botox injections. You can get this to on death. This is natural, dude, this is natural leak anatomy. And I don't care because you know what, I'm sweating out the vaccine there. You have to no, no, no, no, no, yes, yes I did.
Speaker 2: You're in New York.
Speaker 5: You had to get it, dude. You had yeah, you had fucking no choice. But I got it out of me. Oh wait, yeah, dude, I got it right now. I just as soon as I got it, man, I just started jerking off like me. I was jerking off in the Walgreens to just get it out, get it out of here.
Speaker 1: What what do you read and listen to stoicism? Okay, clearly, so.
Speaker 5: The last two books I've read. First one is called The Simple Path to Wealth by J. L. Collins. That's a great book about finance and stuff like that, very puts everything in layman's terms. Then I've read, I read every morning, I read a page of this book called The Daily Dad by Ryan Holliday and The Daily Dad So if you guys don't know, that's a little email subscription. I'm subscribed to that. And I read a page from The Daily Dad every day. And now I'm reading Atomic Habits by James Clear and uh, and I'm also reading seventeen seventy six by David McCulloch just because, you know, fourth of July. I was like, I just want to be reminded that, literally, your patriot, I mean, we are the greatest. We are the greatest three hundred and fifty million humans the world has ever seen is the America, every single one of them under Yeah, dude, Yeah, literally, an American in a wheelchair is better than the best fighter that Russia or Ukraine has ever had, just because he's got red white.
Speaker 2: You're talking, you're talking literally.
Speaker 5: Ready to aps fucking lutely.
Speaker 2: Hell. Yes, my wife from Canada, she just doesn't get it. Yeah, she doesn't fucking under She doesn't understand at all.
Speaker 9: I was trying to tell her, yeah, about the Fourth of July and the reason why fireworks are going off, Yeah, and the reason why we celebrate all of this exactly.
Speaker 2: Just telling you that. He just say thank you, yeah, for everything we've done for you. D day. Yeah. Well we're back to back.
Speaker 5: You're welcome. And she's just sitting there fucking rubbing maple syrup al over No question, that's wearing all. Yeah, No disgusting. I got fucking hot dogs coming out of every hole in my body, no.
Speaker 2: Question, dude, speaking of hot dogs.
Speaker 9: Joey chestnutt the best American hero, no reflex, No, he just rolls.
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 5: Just the thing I like to think about Joey Chestnut is could you I would like to see? I really would like to because we all know what he could do there. I need to see the toilet bowl twenty minutes later. I think that's the documentaries. What does this guy's shit look like? Because how can you possibly consume sixty five hot dogs in whatever it is, ten minutes and then not ship blood?
Speaker 2: How is it possible?
Speaker 1: Fucking up the toilet paper brands? You need to be stocking him up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charmon needs to be a man sponsor.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, they they because it does that. That makes a lot of sense. And I think the guy before in the Kobeashi guy was ripped. Dude, ripped because I think he used to eat like a lot of ruffage and kind of he was. He would talk about like eating lettuce and stuff that was like an actual like ab workout, Like if you don't have to go to the gym, you just eat a bunch of lettuce.
Speaker 2: I don't think that plays, dude, I don't tell him. He looked great. I know who you were talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every might I see a guy with as I'm like, like, he eats mad lattice.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that. But that guy fell by the wayside. Now Kobeyashi, he's that Joey Chestnut crushed him. I saw Joey Chestnut once in Buffalo, and I was like, Joey chest and he acted too cool. I was like, relax, you eat hot dogs to just relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was around. I was around him one time as well.
Speaker 1: I forget it was in Florida, and he does have kind of that vibe like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Which hate You're the best to ever do it best to ever do it, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also like, guy like, why don't you you know what I mean, just let's just relax. You see it.
Speaker 1: You can see it on his face, like as he's going back out to the rally, the people to have that, yeah, you know, put the show back on, the show will go on.
Speaker 2: I hate that, but you need somebody and the act like that. He's well, he's one of the goats, so he is. We don't know what it's like to him. You're right, you know what, I guess. I guess that's a lot of pressure. It's one of the goats. He's one of the goats of like the food industry.
Speaker 5: Like I think he's got to be the goo. Yeah, he's the goat of that. Like, well, I think I think you think of the three goats. I think you think of the three goats. I think you think of Joey Chesslunt, you think of Gordon Ramsey, you think of Jared Vogel. That's what I think you think of those.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 5: No, but I think Jared Fault. I think you think you know he used to go for sub boy sandwiches, you know, not for the other stuff. Well, I mean, although you know, if we're just talking about pure numbers, he might be the go to that too.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Papa Nice, Yes, Papa John. Papa John's one of.
Speaker 5: Those guys who I actually never minded Papa John's pizza. I never minded it at all. It was sometimes so good that, you know, I remember eating, especially the pizzerias in Brooklyn. You know, because the pizzeri is in Brooklyn. That's why I think I like Papa John's because the pizzeri is in Brooklyn. I mean, those guys are all saying the N word. So I was like, I was like, oh, this is just what pizza makers do. So I didn't understand what the CoA.
Speaker 2: This feels like home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, I thought, I thought, this is what these guys do. I thought, oh, okay, because Vinnie from Third Avenue says that every oh every time I get a sun Tan that.
Speaker 1: Calls me, Papa John's was the spot where you went for the specialty pizzas one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Now in Missouri that's like a gourmet, right, like Papa John's Little Like in Missouri, Missouri? Is it Papa John's Little Caesar's Pizza? Where are you taking like your mom out for a fiftieth birthday. Where's a nice place, like, Mom, I'm treating you Olive Garden. Olive Garden, that's where you're gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Olive Garden's like a five star established one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, breadsticks are legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you'd have like prom or any type of formal dances in high school, like you're trying to get up to the city forty five minute drive and take them to Olive Garden.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's because where's the Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: Saint Louis was the closest city, all right. There's nothing going on in Saint Louis. You know, we got the Cardinals. We got the Cardinals, we get the arts, like the arch, the stadium, right, ballpark, village there you go. Yeah, they got a couple of things going on out there. Nelly, we had Nelly figure, Oh there, Nelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually like Saint Louis. I'm gonna be there in I think October. The pageant theater I'm gonna be at. And I remember when I went to Saint Louis, when I went to the Cardinals game. Tell me if I'm wrong, But This is just the observation I made when I went to the Cardinals game. It was weird because it was like one almost one hundred of the fans watching the game, we're white, and one hundred percent of the workers were black.
Speaker 2: Is that true? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think we did zoom on his face. I want to see it.
Speaker 2: It just started like sweating. I don't know if that's yeah, his.
Speaker 5: Pits are like this, Yeah, I know. I think Bush Stadium is one of those stadiums. I think I heard that they designed it where every seat is like angle toward home plate. So it's one of the best spectator parks.
Speaker 2: It's one of the Yeah, Cardinals baseball is one of the best. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I will say when I worked for the I worked for MLB. I did a show called Off the Bat there I was on MTV too, in like twenty fourteen. I mean, nobody watched his thing and and again kissing Death and and.
Speaker 2: And this might be your big break, is busket?
Speaker 5: I hope so? And then uh and then so. I remember we did the show and every team was cool except the Cardinals and the Yankees, like they thought, like who the fuck they were? Didn't want to work with anybody, and I was kind of want to be like guy, like nobody cares about really either one, like just shut The Cardinals are great and the Yankees are great. But at the end of the day, like fans of sports, I'm a sports fan, but like the fans that like live and die with their teams and players, I'm like, like, so I'll sometimes talk about like sports on stage and somebody like if I talk about like the Mets or the Yankees, somebody's like.
Speaker 2: Boo thomb a Phillies fan.
Speaker 5: It's like, do you realize that you as a diehard Phillies fan, if you got within one foot of Bryce Harper, he would hit you with the Louisville Slugger across your fucking head and you would look like Stephen Hawking for the rest of your life. So stop praising athlete, Like, don't make it your whole identity a fucking sports team. You know what I mean. You guys are NFL athletes. I fucking it's great. I'm like, wow, that's awesome. But it's like, at the end of the day, it's like I just felt like the Cardinals and the Yankees like they thought they were like gods. I was like, I'll you know, dude, I'll fucking I'll give I'll give you all, Tommy John right now. Shit, I'll give you all. I'll just start, I'll cut over slash and elbows, I'll start. I'll literally pull out your owner collateral ligament right now, and I'll fucking eat it like Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 1: All right, bear with me. I know we're interrupting the episode again. For light Box Jewelry, this is a reason why we have to interrupt this episode. The gift that's changing the game level of your gift giving with light Box Lab grown diamonds. You can buy set jewelry from lightboxjeweery dot com, or you can buy a loose lab grown diamond ready for your gift e to set how they like, or create a piece together stunning loose stones with transparent pricing and fantastic value for the quality of stone that you're getting. Light Box has leveled up its lab grown diamonds, combining innovation with lab grown diamond quality that has to be seen.
Speaker 2: To be believed. Lightbox has changed the game.
Speaker 1: What you see is what you get, boys, and what you get is ready to take a jeweler from a stunning custom piece like a necklace, pair of or just a simple ring and score major points with the perfect gift with the woman in your dreams. A lot of people think custom jewelry is out of their reach. That's bullshit. Light boxes easy, light boxes, easy approach to buying stones means you can shop for a great value, quality, great lab grown diamond and have express shipping ready to take to a jewel, Ready to take to a jewel.
Speaker 2: Take ten percent off.
Speaker 1: When you shop now at lightboxjewelry dot com using the code the Boys Pod ten.
Speaker 2: That's th h E b O Y s.
Speaker 1: PO D one zero and you get ten percent off lightbox Jewelry dot com. Back to the episode there, we were doing a h draft, a fans draft with the Chicago were you were you You.
Speaker 2: Wasn't on that, but they were.
Speaker 1: They were going on and on about Yankees fans and Cardinals fans, Like Yankees fans are just unbearing because you got the Northeast people.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, it's just like it's over the top.
Speaker 1: But also then like they talked about the Midwest, like with San Louis Cardinals fans, and it's like the fans in baseball think they're so much better than everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, I'm telling you your Bronx tail with chas pmmonary. That's like every child should just watch that because it's like it's so much knowledge in that movie. Nobody cares, you know, he talks about Mickey Mantle when the kids like opsessed the Mickey manthors, like Mickey Mantle doesn't care about you. It's like it's so it's so it's so beyond true that I I like the athletes I liked. I'd like to see more athletes just leaning into that. It's being yeah, being like I don't you know, like I'd rather be having sex with my side piece than going to visit this cancer hospital for the kids. I really would love to get a blowjob before the game, but I have to talk to this kid who's gonna die next week whether I hit a home run or not. It's like, just give up, you know he might. So it's like, I like, I like more real people where they're like, yeah, I forgot somebody was real about something an athlete last year. I won't remember, but somebody said something that was it was like fucking hilarious, Like I forgot. Probably Marshaun Lynch or somebody great like that. That's just like, yeah, dude, it's it's it's uh. I mean, did you guys feel like as athletes, like you know, you have to like be godlike to the kids.
Speaker 9: I think at points, at points and points in time, yeah, you had to. Like, but if kids are way different than the you know, forty five year old adults that are wearing your jersey, it's a way different vibe. But if kids are looking up to you, I'm sure truly thinking of he was a good point. You want to give them the time to be like bro children. If a child, I think that's a good point. Games and stuff like that in a sports rings that should be for I think going to sports games and jiu jitsu is for kids. I don't want to see you as an adult doing jiu jitsu either. You did it and you learned it.
Speaker 5: I don't need to see you forty five years old fucking just getting into jiu jitsu because Anthony bor David he also killed himself rightfully, so so it's just like, just stop with jiu jitsu as an adult and stop going to games and making your fucking life. It's like that's I think, yeah, it should be kids stuff. I like, I like a child in a jersey. Good call, good call on that. Yeah, but but but but adults. Yeah, there is something weird about a forty five year old guy. That's like he wants a base. He wants another man's name on his back. Yeah, birthday, we have a thing. If you were our names in the back of your jersey, we get the fuck you we have free.
Speaker 2: I'm all about the jerseys. Yeah, I don't. I don't mind it.
Speaker 9: I just want to know how that option if it all comes up. That's the availability. Here's where I think fans put their identity in teams is as human beings cavemen. We want we want to be a parceling. You feel safer that way. If you're part of a village or a community, you feel safer and you have an identity in that, and you're able to grow and flourish much more. Right, and so we haven't evolved enough we at the end of it. Go to college, you want to be a part of a fraternity because you want you want a sense of community.
Speaker 2: You get out of college, you're in a city.
Speaker 9: Let me join this fan base and be a part of it and you raise your kids and like that is the community hospitalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, in a way. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing though, here's the catch. And my father knew this. I really I dated a girl once ten years ago. I really liked her. Right, great, this got to bring her home to meet my pops. Immediately I could see my pops does not like this girl. And I'm like, oh my god. You know, I don't know what it is is because she's Chinese. I have no idea, and I I'm like and I'm like and I'm like, I'm like, so what is going on?
Speaker 2: So she leaves. I'm like, how great? You know? Was she? I was like, it seems like he didn't like her. He goes, yeah, damn right, I don't like her. I said, why he goes?
Speaker 5: You can't trust this braud, I said, what, he goes, she's a Yankees fan. I said, yeah, exactly, we're all Yankees fans. That's why I thought you'd love her. She goes, she's from Boston. Why the fuck is she a Yankees fan? And I was like wow. He was like, you're never going to trust anybody that if they go against her own town and they picked the rival team fuck that person forever. And I was like, holy shit, and dude, she turned out to be a bitch. No, she turned out to be a fucking bitch and she and she was actually a deceitful person. And my dad knew it. My dad called that just on that thing. He was like, I do. She was trying to empathize with him about all, I'm a Yankees fan too, and then he was like oh really. He goes, where'd you grow up? And she's like, oh, I grew up in Boston. And then immediately he.
Speaker 2: Knew right then and there, he was like this fucking this because you.
Speaker 1: Know, learn that lesson unless you have the fandom from me, Because he doesn't care if you're a Red Sox fan, even though that that's not the team he likes.
Speaker 5: He's like, if you're from Boston, go for it. I'll get along with you because at least it's one town. You know, your your your your town, your team.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: So he he never understood the people that were fans of other teams. If you're from that city, He's like, listen, you know, like it's uh. He would always say, like, you know, like geography is it's your destiny. If you were born there, that's where you were fucking born. Unfortunately, gotta like that team, even if they're a last place team. That's just how it is. And I'm like, all right, man.
Speaker 9: So he's always a big line toe on the sand, though, is just he just as you're born there, you have to be a.
Speaker 2: Fan of that. He's like that.
Speaker 5: That's that's all. It is the Northeast, That is the northde My dad ready for this. My dad's seventy five years old. The first time he crossed left New York state lines was three years ago, right before the pandemic. He never left. He never crossed one toe outside New York state lines. It's just old sate. And he didn't care, by the way, he didn't care. It was his wife just made him do it. Really, he just didn't care at all. He was like, I I couldn't care less I ever leave the state, which is interesting, you know. I was like, don't you want to like see Italy's Like, I'll see it on YouTube. I was like, nice, dude.
Speaker 2: The pride in people of New York is insane. It is insane.
Speaker 9: It's it's a wild fucking deal. Because we were driving here now I was looking at all these buildings, like how do people fucking live here? And you're telling me about your dad who would never fucking leave here.
Speaker 2: Never. You're saying you never fucking leave here.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing. It's like, you know, like I almost envy people who aren't born and raised in New York because you guys had experience, you left your state, You had a motivation to want to get out of your city, get out of your state, go to another college, see stuff. Where New York it always felt like everyone was coming to us, So you get this mindset, you're like, why am I why don't want to leave here?
Speaker 2: Like none of my friends out of like my I.
Speaker 5: Have like a big thirty person friend group, none of them, not one left New York to go to college. Zero people dormed. Everybody went to school locally, and which is like you go to other places, like that's unheard of. Everybody's going to schools all over, everybody's getting out. But growing up here's weird. It's like you just like I don't know if it's changed now, but back when I was in college, high school, college, it was like people stayed local all the time. Because I think We're like, we got the best clubs here, we got the food, we got and it is a little bit silly. I mean, you got to get out of it and to appreciate it more.
Speaker 2: But that's it's like a mindset.
Speaker 5: Like most people that grew up in my neighborhood, they've been in that same ten block radius their whole life.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it's good and bad? You know, yeah, you know, but it's you know.
Speaker 9: Of all the places you traveled, if you couldn't live in the Northeast, because I feel like an easy cop out here would be like a boss or something like that, where would you live? Where would you want to live? Because I'm sure you've traveled a lot for comedy. You've seen probably most of the states.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I've seen. I've been to almost all of them. Now I would say where would I want to live? If I could tell you're saying I could take my family.
Speaker 2: You're allowed to take your family. Brother, We've done a lot. You have made it very clear.
Speaker 5: I could take these Puerto Ricans and I'm not gonna have to pay Puerto Rican tax no anywhere now. And if I want to go to like some real southern state, where they you have to pay tax.
Speaker 2: If your kid is from an island, you're a freekly.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty and clear of that tax, of the Puerto Rican tax, the PRT. I would move to Charleston, South Carolina. Reason where you're from. Nice that city. I love that city. That city felt like that city felt like to me what I would imagine like a colonial like how it felt in its colonial days, like it kind of got that. I just felt like that city. I love the history. I'm a big history so boom. It was small enough but yet big enough where I feel like I wouldn't be able to consume it all in a week. And there's probably new things happening all the time. It's an up and coming city. You can go to different places that are just twenty miles outside of it, that are structurally different and you know, politically different, so it's all different schemes. And I just and I thought the weather that I know, it gets hot as fuck, but I thought that like the weather at least when I was there in the wintertime, was like beautiful perfect.
Speaker 2: I think I'd go to Charleston. Yeah. And I love the food.
Speaker 5: I love the food there, and I love the people the vibe of the people there were really really good. People were real. It was really like a good vibe. That's because you grew up here, right, because you don't like them where you're from.
Speaker 1: Not that not that you don't like Northeast people. It's just like it's just a different person. Like it's a to B. It doesn't matter what's going on in your way. People just know it's not a very hospitable right.
Speaker 9: Every region you grow up and you're told that the other regions are like X, Y and Z. A group in Arizona, right, oh, man, Northeast are all mean up there. And then you live in Michigan, like down south best, right, you know, it's like it's a whole different deal. Right, and then you go, I have like I've been up north, I've lived down South, I've lived in the West, and it's like everyone's kind of the same. It's just how they approach their delivery of how to say things.
Speaker 2: You can't generalize.
Speaker 5: Anybody who like generalizes a group of people, I think is a fucking idiot. It's like it is so like case by case basis it it's it's it's been proven time and time again. It's like you can't generalize groups. The tribalism thing is real, that happens in every animal, the animal kingdom. It's like, you want to be with like minded people. You want to be with people that if it's if it's if it's that they look like you, if it's I have the same religion as you, the same team, whatever. But I think that, yeah, man, like you can't just like when I was in I probably like Charleston because of these the people that I met in those specific days I was there, right, So that's why I'm like attached it. So it works for me. But you know, I just went to Italy or Sicily, and I went to Taro Mina, Sicily, and we had a great I had a great time. There was awesome, amazing, and it was the first time ever that I went to a place and I actually fell in love with the people. I would hear people say that, oh, you fall in love with the people, and I would just be like what that. It meant nothing to me. I never felt that, But then with these people, I felt it because they're like in more ancient culture, way more ancient than you know, American culture. So I was at the hotel and I asked the guy that I gotten to know there for a few days. I was there as like an old like wise Italian guy. I was like, what do you think? Like, what's uh, what's something you notice about people here? He was like, here's the thing, the number one thing that I noticed all these years I'm working at this hotel. He was like a baggage hop guy, and he was like, the people that have the most luggage have the worst time.
Speaker 2: Always exclusively.
Speaker 5: If you have a lot of luggage, you will inevitably have a bad time because you're totally consumed with yourself and your things, and you don't realize that you're coming to a place to not to leave. You leave those things behind, You're coming for a new experience. He goes in, it's always Americans mostly, it's always people from the America, Canada usually there.
Speaker 2: They come with so much stuff and they never have a good time.
Speaker 5: He's like, where I see people from the Philippines, or it's like I see people from the Middle East. They come here, they have just like a book bag. They're having a great time. They're like no complaints, they never work, they never yell at the staff, they never want more, they never demand of us anything.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, so pack light that's right, baby, bud light twisted tea. Yeah, I like to twist the tea pot? Is this a twist? T shot it out? Love? Twisted tea?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Do I really don't?
Speaker 5: I mean, whatever, dude, go to as long as you that's your Uh, that's probably you know.
Speaker 2: Before you even came on the podcast, like, hey, let's make sure you never know. Probably sitting in the car and I don't know who these guys are.
Speaker 5: Hard What do you think I drink off to? And yeah, one hundred dude, Jeffrey start, How great was that?
Speaker 2: It was amazing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a very unique experience for me.
Speaker 9: Nice, how's the cock bigger than I expected? With that slender body? You think I was thinking a little less?
Speaker 2: No, dude, when you see a slender guy, you know that you have. Let me tell you something. I can point him out.
Speaker 5: Now let me answer.
Speaker 2: You live in a locker room long enough, you know you know the type.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this moment to bring you twisted Tea. Our twisted question is brought to you by Twisted Tea, the smoothest hard iced tea out there out in the game. Perfect for pool parties, perfect on any occasion. Keep it twisted with twisted tea. This drink fellas iced tea on steroids, iced tea on alcohol. It goes down smooth, it'll sneak you up by the end of the day. But it is the most refreshing drink to have when we open helped open the barsel bar, the barsel bar and shot that thing off having twisted tea. There, I'm telling you it is the best drink for the best occasion. Grabby refreshing twisted tea today, here's the twisted question.
Speaker 5: Well who I don't know if you've spoken about this on the show, but who that you haven't seen? Okay, so can't you know? Who do you think has the biggest dick in the NFL? Right now?
Speaker 2: It just off looks alone. A couple fucking jump out of me right right now. You've seen a lot, right.
Speaker 5: Because you've seen them.
Speaker 2: Also the one you might know for sure, But like, who is it.
Speaker 5: Just the biggest fattest uncircumcised cock in the NFL?
Speaker 2: No fucking shot.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I used you know what I'm saying what you haven't seen. I'm saying about what you.
Speaker 5: Think because I've seen them all, that's.
Speaker 2: A good question. Yeah, it's got to be a dB. You think, oh wide receiver.
Speaker 9: Yeah, dude, the big boys, all that meat on them, he pulls it away.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Hopkins might have something.
Speaker 5: That's what I was thinking about. Bro Hopkins was in my head.
Speaker 9: He is five X slender guyler that he had the shoulders forward walk. That's what I thought, short, forward walk, big hands, slender body parties.
Speaker 2: Is he It's rumored.
Speaker 9: It's rumored to me, you know what to as I might be cheating a little bit because Ben Jones did tell me that it's a fucking.
Speaker 1: Well that's good though that I got to say, because I didn't know that, and I was thinking of so that that has to be that he has to have.
Speaker 2: A huge dick, thinks gotta be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you got and you might have talked about this before, but this is when you guys like was it a call that you got like saying like, hey, I'm going to the NFL? Like what what was that Like? Was it like a moment that you'll never forget it? Was it like just a moment that came and went.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a it's a moment you never forget, like, never forget, like you started crying, no, not for me.
Speaker 9: When you talk about like Ryan Holliday, the egos, the enemy and stuff like that, Like when you're in college or at least then you're so wrapped up, and when am I getting picked and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 9: I was the eleventh overall pick in twenty fourteen, and there are two tackles taken before me.
Speaker 2: Look at you now, and I was fucking mad.
Speaker 5: I was livid because people were taking before you, taken before me, because you thought you deserve to be number one.
Speaker 9: I'd thought I deserved to be the first or second tackle taking off the board.
Speaker 2: I was the first pick in your draft. First pick of my draft was Jadavon Clowney. Okay.
Speaker 9: Second pick was Greg Robinson. No, Greg Robinson, then klil Mack.
Speaker 2: Greg Robinson was the left tackle. Greg Robinson was LA.
Speaker 5: Feels like this draft they were picking in Dick's eye, they went down Clowny's number one, and you're the eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I would have been undrafted free agent. I'd been fielding calls, hoping to get a tryout.
Speaker 2: It happened for me.
Speaker 5: So so you were in that's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also.
Speaker 5: If you got spoken about this that nauseam. But I just think that's fascinating right to to think because you're such an elite athlete, if you're the eleventh pick in the draft, but you still found a way to be upset or as all human minds.
Speaker 9: But that is like, that's I think that is such a play, such a big factor in sports is you have to have like some sort of like reason to keep a chip on your shoulder, a reason to be like what's next. You're never in the moment. You're always consumed about what's next. Comment and get there and I all railroad whoever I gotta do to get to the point where I feel like I finally succeeded in everything.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard Joe Rogan say once in his podcast, I forget too that like you have to create a vendetta with someone sometimes even though it's not real, keep it in your head.
Speaker 2: Tell them about it. Yeah, keep it, but you have motivation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it is one of those deals, at least for me. I'm sure a lot of guys have different paths and because you can't generalize everybody, but for me, that was definitely what kept me motivated is if I were to have success in a season individually, the minute that success was announced, I would be solely focused on making sure it wasn't a fluke. And people think this is a one time thing and you literally tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself to make sure that it happens again, right, And it's a brutal way to live your life. But when you when you get cut, like for a lot of guys, it's it's way different.
Speaker 2: For me, the writing was on the wall. I had two acls and three years.
Speaker 9: So for me, it's like you have two acals in three years in the contract I was supposed to get to the next year, it's like, obviously this is gonna happen. And then have this to fall back on and be like there's a level of safety and knowing like okay, like I know there's a way to financially figure out what I want and have fulfillment to where you're like, all right, this is I'm gonna be okay, which I think a lot of sure, a lot of players don't get a lot of players try to start the next thing before they're even done.
Speaker 2: And the ability we started this in twenty eighteen, and did you meet on the field. We played each other in college going to Nebraska in to Michigan, but we didn't meet, like we didn't know each other. It was a white boy. A white boy was the last name of Compton.
Speaker 9: I was like, holy fuck, this guy's a problem. Probably how little did I know?
Speaker 5: And then you and then you what were you drafted? I was undrafted, So so that's so it's for you. Then you just kind of call out of nowhere like you're getting to the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like hopes of being drafted in the later rounds, and when it didn't happen, it kind of just happens quickly after the draft, like hey, you know, there's a few teams in the mix. And then the agent calls and like, hey, you're signing with Washington. So then the next week you go out to Washington for rookie mini camp and everything else. And then my first year I spent on the practice squad and then was active at the very last game of the season in Week one, which was my like moment of like call my dad and being like, Yo, this is fucking I'm doing it, Like I'm getting called up.
Speaker 2: And that must have been a stick call for your dad. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, then I love that. Yeah, Bill was so fired up. And are you a big football fan, Like do you know who London Fletcher is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, uh he's uh. I like, I like the first team for you is the Redskins. You look like you have the voice of like the guy that invented the name.
Speaker 2: That was funny as.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, in the second year I got I made the team and every everything else, and I had like kind of like a slower climb and all that, but a lot of my like chip and everything else came with like front office fans like you just wanted to prove everybody wrong, like I belonged in the league right it could play, and each year was trying to attain like a new levels.
Speaker 5: And how many years you were you at nine?
Speaker 2: Wow? Ten arguably, but also I have to cut it. No, don't cut it, clip it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, what's up?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know argument you played ten years?
Speaker 4: Taylor says you played maybe seven?
Speaker 9: Hey is what I did. But we don't have to go back to NF I think we've done a lot of work since then. Will played ten years in the NFL. Everything except for stepping on the field for the.
Speaker 1: Tenth year, having a like a having the the series back and forth.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 1: I was about to play my tenth year, we had a game or I had a gambling show going on, and so the NFL didn't allow me to get back.
Speaker 2: And when I was about to sign with Atlanta last year, those bastards, Yeah, a bunch of cunts.
Speaker 5: But you're done. You don't want to even go back to the NFL? Would interesting depends nice situation, dude, you should just you should. You should start a football league in Saudi Arabia. That's what I would do that.
Speaker 2: That's what money is.
Speaker 1: I tried telling the Rock, like I tried making a video and telling the Rock I'd come to the XFL if he came on the podcast, but he didn't want to listen to you.
Speaker 2: Now it comes out they've lost millions and millions. Exactly, there you go. They probably would have made that.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one thing. You know why I pick you over the Rock. You got califlower ear, he doesn't. Exactly. I go with a guy with collie flower to fucking day. Dude, I I'll nibble your vegan ears all day.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that that that's it's.
Speaker 5: Really like an amazing thing to be NFL players, Like it's such a small percentage of human beings that would ever do that. It's like fascinating. Like you're like, you're like, just think about the amount of people that ever lived and how hard it is to be a professional athlete in America and you both of you guys did that. Don't that like has to be But it's amazing how your brains will convince you, like like Kevin Heartspring will convince him that your guys aren't ship and that like you'll look at we're like, well I'm not Tom Brady, like Kevin hard will look at you know, somebody would be like I don't have as any specialists George Calin and Richard pirates. Isn't it fascinating? But I think that's a defense mechanism to our brains, like survive, survive, keep pushing.
Speaker 2: Motivate, imposter syndrome, all that ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, you guys. Unfortunately it didn't work out long term you're now doing a podcast with me, But the on the years that it did work out, it's fucking fascinating, And that's pretty that's really really cool.
Speaker 2: Good things have to come to an end at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, broadcasting or something, you know.
Speaker 1: Is it really you only get you get told.
Speaker 9: With the like you know, you gotta can't say this, I have to say that, talk.
Speaker 5: About Yeah, I want to talk about my ass swartz, and I can't do that on Monday night football.
Speaker 9: Can't do that, pussies exactly know. But you give all these complements to us, do the same thing goes for you. How many people in there this earth have gotten a laugh from somebody else who could do a.
Speaker 5: Professional A lot more people than have done in the NFL. I mean what I I mean way more people. It's so much easier to get a laugh than get into the end of.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys have fucking done crazy shit. Hey, how many comedians would you say make six figures a year?
Speaker 5: Three hundred and ninety eight? No, No, how many comedians make six figures a year?
Speaker 2: I would say six figures.
Speaker 5: Now, with podcasting and being able to monitorze on YouTube, I would say we're probably at if let's say we had one hundred thousand people doing comedy right, which is probably less than that, but just easy, I would say at least twenty thousand of them are making six figures and then I think, you.
Speaker 2: Know, twenty thousand, you think it's too high. I don't know.
Speaker 9: It depends if you're IF's let's talk strictly comedy, selling out shows, touring, doing specials.
Speaker 5: Selling out shows, touring, doing specials seems like a lot of people, but it's actually really well. Now, anybody can put out a special on YouTube, but let's just say, but selling me, let's say selling out, selling out shows, you know, comedy clubs and or theaters. That's the actual barometer because it's like whether you get on TV or have a specialist irrelevant. It's if you are selling the tickets or not, is what Matterson is the barometer kind of for us. It's like our professionals, like, if you can sell out a theater, you know, off a thousand seats and more, it's like you're doing very very well. So that that that that I think in every in any given year, honestly, truly, because it feels like a lot. But I think truly, uh, maybe like a hundred that in the whole country.
Speaker 2: Because I mean you have the Kevin Hartz and those of the world.
Speaker 5: I mean, those guys are in the Stratsgy, but really there's only like for comedians, there's only like not only there are about ten arena acts, right, you think there's so many, but it's like ten. It's like Kevin Arts and Baston men of Scalco, Nate Bargatzi now from Nashville's getting up there. You know, like there's not that many that are ber Kreischer, Thom Sigura big acts. But then it's like after that, it's like you know Andrew Schultz, but it's like already it's like there's not that many more like so, so I think there's only like a hundred that could like sell out because you think that people are bigger than there are. You think like, oh, so and so's got a movie or got a big TV show, one an Emmy, or is on SNL. And then you go you'll talk to the club or theater managers. They're like, oh, so and so is here. Last week, they didn't sell Dick. They sold like thirty percent of the room out, And so I don't know what the reasons are why that happens. There's many many different variables, but I think that selling tickets is always what my goal was is like I was like, I just got to sell to That's what gives comedians the longevity. It's like ticket sales, because the TV show can go away, the podcast can go away, but if the fans are going to come every time you come to their city, your golden dude, that's all you gotta fucking worry about is live performing. And that also is the separator, right, Like anybody can put a YouTube special that, anybody can have a TikTok. Anybody can do that, and anybody can get big doing that. But when you come, when they come to see you, and you can kill live, that's the thing. And then when they come back, the big, the biggest test is the second year. What is your new material, what is your new hour? And if you can you know, kill again, then you start to become like, Okay, now I got this shit.
Speaker 2: Anybody can you know? Everybody, we could.
Speaker 5: All write a ten killer minutes right here, and then you can just keep doing that and throw that out on TikTok and get twenty million followers and then sell out a fucking theater tour. But you can do that once. It's about the guys who can do it again and again and again. That's like the difference maker.
Speaker 9: Right, when you start a comedy, how inviting was that culture?
Speaker 2: Was it tough or was.
Speaker 5: It not inviting at all? No, not at all, especially in New York. No way, dude, they dated and that you have to The difference is when you start in New York City, Okay, you have to go through the open mic scene like you have to do in any city. The difference is the key difference is when you go through the open mic scene. In other cities, it's paid all. It's audience members. It's like people who don't know who are just going out for a show and they're like, oh, this is new joke night or this is open mic night. So it's a difference. When you go in New York, it's other comics who are in the crowd. So those other comics the last thing I want you to do a succeed because they're like, you're in my competition. Fuck you. They're also never listening to you because we're worried about writing our own jokes and get we're on stage next. And their minds are so dark that when you get a laugh, you have to question is this actually funny or did I just say something that is so disgusting that it made these psychopaths laugh so and and and also the best of the best for comedies. You know, at least when I started, it was Now it's Nashville and Chicago and La allf huge scenes, but New York was the big scene. It's like you have to cut through so many motherfuckers to get even on stage that it's like it's the ones that can make it through there, like you've almost made it like nationally then, because it's like it's a lot easier to get out of even great cities like Boston. They have great comics there, but it's easier to get through that scene because it's just so much smaller. We're in New York. You have to get through, like you might have to get through like five thousand guys to get on stage. Like it's just a it's a lot of guys. And I know, you know, I know, we all fucking we're not bat and I have five thousand guys. That'sday night for us. But when it's comedy, it's it's just it's just it's it's hard to make it out here. But that's also another reason why I don't want to leave, because I think there is something subconscious where I'm like, that's song.
Speaker 2: You know, if you can make it here, you can make it anyway.
Speaker 5: I think that it's not as prevalent as it was when he sang the song, but I still think there is something about New York where it's like the top people in every field are at least some of them are here always, and so there's a very there's a you know, it's it's the hardest path, you know, the most resistance is definitely here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Nate on the first time he talked about that, just the grind of being in New York.
Speaker 5: Dude, you look back at old pictures of Nate Bargazzi when he was grinding here, nobody he looked like in lesbian He literally looked like a full lesbian woman.
Speaker 2: That's what New York.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say. He went from literally looking like a full lesbian woman to like, he's like one of the most handsome men to ever do comedy because he just he he fucking well, he beat New York. He fucking eat. But it took a toll on him physically. I mean, he looked like an amish lesbian, like he had bangs. It was bizarre with Nate looked and then he came out and now is one of the biggest comics in the world and is one of the most look at Slann Pepper.
Speaker 1: Here's a gorgeous guy. Well yeah, because now he's living in a state like Tennessee exactly. He's making his way over there and getting out of New York. He's transition.
Speaker 2: But he did it right.
Speaker 5: Nate wouldn't be Nate, I don't think unless he came through the grit and grind in New York.
Speaker 2: He had to.
Speaker 9: You know, you're actually different like that when you were when you were coming up, Who were you like basing your game off of it?
Speaker 2: Bill Cosby? Nice? Yeah, I thought which game?
Speaker 5: Yes we're talking off stage on stage?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Oh No, who was I basing my game up? Bill Burr and Louis c K. Bill Burr and Louis c K are the guys. When I first started, it was like everybody was like these guys because Dave Chappelle was already massive star, you know, and so I think the guys were a little bit older than me, like Dave Chappelle, but obviously Dave Chappelle legend, Chris Rock legend because you can't just say two white men.
Speaker 2: You better balance that shit out ethnically quickly.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, everybody's legends, okay, and so and so they really are the amazing comics. But for me it was Bill Burr and Luis c. K. When I watched those guys, I was like, holy shit. I remember watching Bill Burr when I was twenty one years old on his Comedy Central or HBO half hour special, being like, this guy is like I have to try to follow do what this guy's doing it because I remember at a house party and he was fucking killing. I mean, we were watching and we were like dying laughing. I was like, I gotta, I gotta get on this path. And then it took me like five years to work up the courage to start comedy. But then I'm then I did it and now and now I'm nowhere near Bill Berr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bilberg is a legend.
Speaker 9: What last I asked Sagura this, but like, was it ever difficult for you when you first started comedy, not sniping people shit, like taking some of their jokes or making their jokes and twisting it to make it your personality and moving forward?
Speaker 5: I think I think that so what happened was in the beginning with comedy, and I think most do this, or at least I didn't don't know most, but I did this. Is you unintentionally, or at least I unintentionally emulated somebody's energy like I but because I didn't know what to do, and I would just see somebody even though I'm not taking their jokes, it's like maybe a mannerism they would do or a technique they would have, because you just like don't know, and you're like emulating someone who's doing really well, and it's almost subconscious. And then it took one guy to tell me very I was still an open micro. He's like, hey man, you're like you're you're doing you're not taking my jokes, but you're kind of acting out my mannerisms and you're kind of stealing the essence, which is worse.
Speaker 2: And I never knew that.
Speaker 5: And then once he told me that, I was like, oh shit, I didn't even realize that. But I think what I do now is that's why from that day, again, I was two months into comedy, but from that day I was like, I'm going to tell as personal of stories as possible, Like even I'd rather be more personal and less funny, because I'm like, I know that if it actually happened to me, or actually, you know, if I take something that happened and I'm creating it in my head how I wanted the details to go. I know that I didn't take that. I didn't steal that from anyone. I'm not emulating anyone. That is my style and my comment. That's why I talk about my family so much. But I think that you know that is actually with comedy you can even be a hack. You can be a hack and have you know, do corny generic jokes like Asians are bad drivers, or jokes about airplane food. You can do that. It's it's up to you. If the audience wants to laugh, they'll laugh whatever. It's if you steal a joke, though, that is like being branded a pedophile. That is the only crime in comedy. That is the only thing. Everything else is good to go. Whether you think it's funny or not as subjective, it doesn't matter if so and so is funny and you don't think they're funny, and you'll say, well, how are they sell so many tickets? Like, well, their fans think they're funny. This is a subjective art form. Yours football is more objective. It's like, whoever scores the most points wins, that's what the game is. This is subjective art form where it's like it's up to the it's up to the fan. But if you're stealing material, that's the only thing that all of us will be like, you're out of our community forever and you'll never come back in, and you'll never be even if you do get back in, you will never be trusted in the same way. It's the only cardinal sin is stealing material. It's literally comedy pedophilia.
Speaker 1: Who do you feel like has that type of image in the comedy community that the outside world might not know?
Speaker 2: But who's who stole jokes? And who stole those who allegedly stole jokes? Like you if I say, hey, who's who's got that vibe out there?
Speaker 5: You have like like like you know, I think the most famous one and I think, actually, this guy has done a really good job of cleaning up his image and he does fucking annihilate on stage, So you can't take and with absolutely his own material.
Speaker 2: Now, But Carlos Mencia.
Speaker 5: Insurance policy was there was the first well, it's true though, because it's and it's interesting, you know, it's it's time is very interesting right to me, or like when you when you think somebody it's like I heard somebody say once like sometimes uh you're behind, sometimes you're ahead. But in the end, the game is long and and it's only with yourself. Because it's true. Because at that time, I think, what ever, it was two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine when Carlos Mencia got accused of stealing by Joe Rogan. I believe Arri Shafir was in that video. It was like a famous video and it kind of like derailed Mencia's career for a bit. The Comedy Store in Los Angeles sided with Carlos Mencia and banned Joe Rogan from the club because Joe Rogan was he was a famous comic to us fear factor in news radio, great specialists, but nobody knew Joe Rogan collectively as they know him now.
Speaker 2: They sided with him with Carlo s.
Speaker 5: Mencia and they banned Rogan, and Rogan moved to Colorado and then started Joe Rogan Experience and became Luisias.
Speaker 2: Now, so you would think and that wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 5: It was twelve thirteen years ago, but it was like, wow, the comedy community out large was valuing Carlos Mencia over Rogan and now it's all changed so much and I think everything's patched up and all good now. But it was always interesting to me. I was like, it just depends on like what time you're in the game, Like what year are we talking about? What month? It's like different things are happening to different people at different times. But he's the only one I think that on. Fortunately, if you talk to comics, he's like the synonymous name with the stealing, which I don't know is that fair anymore because he's done such a He was always a comic that crushed that. I don't think anybody would deny that absolutely crush for two hours. So it's like that's very, very extremely talented. But you know, if you rip just a few jokes, that's the thing. It's like it's not a small you think it's just a small crime, but it's a huge, Like you you can't do that. You can't because it's it's it's like the only thing that we have, you know. Now, there is one other school of thought where it's like what the stoics would say, who cares if they steal the jokes?
Speaker 2: That's not about that you did the joke. You did the good thing.
Speaker 5: Uh, you're now you getting upset that he or she stole your joke as you being obsessed with the third thing, needing all the credit, and that's your ego.
Speaker 2: Let it go. There's a there's that school of thought.
Speaker 5: But most comics don't think like that, but I do because I'm just a great person. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Why then til four at four where we are now.
Speaker 1: Twenty one fucking piece of ship? That's sorry, this has been fucking awesome. It's been awesome.
Speaker 2: You gotta do you better? Does your wife talk more than you? Or does your girlfriend talk more to you? She doesn't speak English? All right, that's that's what I think. You like it. That's the man marry an immigrant. That's what it is. That's what I did.
Speaker 5: Is what I did is I married her from Mexico and then I put up a wall emotionally.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it.
Speaker 9: Hey, this has been awesome, what a deal. Thank you very much coming back you awesome.
Speaker 2: Do big hugs, tiny kisses,