Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Getty. So I'm coming up. We will get to that national anthem that I think was the actual national anthem they played at the first women's professional baseball game in like one hundred years or something. Uh, how do you make that choice? Wow? WAITI we hear it, and I want to talk about the hypnotist. I took my kids to see. Joe and I have been talking about this for decades. We used to talk about it a lot. We even had one in studio a couple times. I think I still don't understand what's going on there. Anyway, more on that later.
Speaker 3: I think it may have some overlap with people who vote for Democratic socialists.
Speaker 2: I must it's got something to like that got to So can you remember the world before the internet or smartphones or various other big things that have happened in our lives. If you're barely of a certain age, things were radically different, and many, many, many people feel like AI is gonna be multiples of those in terms of change to the world. That's almost impossible. If it was going to be just as big as the Internet, I'm not sure I could wrap my head around it in terms of change, But it's going to be multiples of that.
Speaker 3: And I think if one thing, if there's one thing we've learned, is that we can't anticipate the extent to which the change reaches into the very basics human life, like talking to people and relationships.
Speaker 2: That is pretty interesting. I feel like the story they did on ABC this week yesterday was the biggest, most serious look mainstream media has taken that AI since the whole conversation began. And uh, I wonder if it's just going to be an ongoing thing where every week, for until our robot overlords are draining our juices or whatever happens, that we hear these stories. They opened with a clip of Elon saying he said, definitely within five years, five years on the outside edge of when artificial intelligence will have the sum of human knowledge that has ever existed and more. Okay, well that's great, that possibly go wrong, but anyway, they got onto the story that we talked about the last couple of weeks of open AI escaping from the sandbox hacking into a company, then Claud announcing, Anthropic announcing last week. Yeah, we went back and checked ours, and ours hacked into a bunch of people too, and oh, well, what are you gonna do. We don't know how it happened, or why it happened or anything like that. And so now Trump wants to get a bunch of people together and talk about some sort of regulations. This is from ABC, but the.
Speaker 1: Urgency for more oversight growing rapidly as AI's capabilities and potentially dangerous consequences have played out in a series of recent incidents seemingly drawn from the pages of a science fiction novel. On Friday, Leading Ai for Amanthropic announced one of its Claud models reached the Internet from within or while interacting with a third party evaluation environment, and then gained unauthorized access to the real systems of three different organizations.
Speaker 2: Again, I just I feel like they skip over the whole gained access to the Internet part a little too easily. Yeah, I'm gonna do what I want. How about yous Ai, how about just stop them from gaining access to the Internet. That's the thought we did. That's the whole ball of acts. That's the whole conversation. But they like put that in four words.
Speaker 3: As I said last week, King Kong was of the cage. The scientists said, don't worry, these buyers are more than strong enough to hold King Kong. And then King Kong bent the bars of the cage and ravaged Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, But here's the part that got my attention. And then we'll because we talked about this lot last week, and we'll move on to other AI topics. But this is the part that got the most attention to me. Hugging Face was the company that got hacked by open ai and how they found a way to boot open ai out or to stop them from you know, running ramp but within their system. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hugging Face detected the intrusion and stopped it by using a Chinese open source AI model.
Speaker 4: Fortunately we're in the I platform, so we managed to defend ourselves.
Speaker 2: Interestingly with an open model coming from from China, really interesting.
Speaker 1: Thropic's most powerful model because of guardrails put in place, the company saying in a blog post, the Anthropic model couldn't distinguish an incident responder from an attackers.
Speaker 4: The Chinese models they're sort of worse at this cybersecurity stuff overall. But they also don't have any of these limters, and they sort of can be used by attackers to find these vulnerabilities that no one knew about your yet.
Speaker 2: So getting to the phrase Joe throws out every time we talk about AI, what about China? It turns out that in this case, Anthropic, which is the most powerful AI in the world right now according to Elin and many others, has guardrails on it because they think they're doing the right thing by having various rules. Well, because of those rules in guardrails, Hugging Face couldn't use it to help them out. They used the Chinese model that has no guard rails. They got no rules. It can do whatever you wanted to do, and that's what helped save them. So where does that leave us as a planet. I don't even know, but it ain't good. Doomed. Doomed is where it leaves us.
Speaker 3: Well, Well, think about this TikTok is still going strong. It's utterly clear to anybody who takes a serious look at it. It's still under the grip of the Chinese Communist Party. They find ways it's I was reading about the incomprehensible number of lines of code that make up what TikTok is and how good the Chinese party is about speaking of escape, escaping the sandbox or the guardrails or whatever.
Speaker 2: So you've got that going on.
Speaker 3: If you think for a second these open source AI systems from China don't have some clever, you know, back door, some capability that the Chinese communists are going to exploit.
Speaker 2: You're crazy.
Speaker 3: So you've got a situation where ORAI stuff is barely under control. People are turning to the Chinese communist stuff, and we're designing to go back to your introduction of the segment the ultimate intelligence that is essentially a moral. If you don't know where that's going, well, I pity you. For the rest of us. I have four words for you. Run for your life. I don't know to where.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's one way to look at it. The other way the look at it is it's the first time that you had a big, real world test on this. It turned out the anti guardrail people were right, the ones that are saying, hey, if we put guardrails on our stuff, all that's gonna do is slow us down and muck up the works and give China a leg up, and the first big test of it turns out it's right. The only way we could stop and thropics out of control AI was with the Chinese AI because they don't have the government regulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, guy with a good guy with a gun and the gun is Chinese.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I don't know. I think this was a bad guy with the gun that had some interest to shoot the good guy or the other bad guy or something. I don't know what to keep this metaphor going, but that's highly troubling.
Speaker 3: I would say it is, Yeah, good God speaking of bad technology and good technology, and then we'll get back to that topic. There are thousands of places on the Internet that have a file on you.
Speaker 2: I know, it's flattering, isn't it.
Speaker 3: They have our home addresses, cell phone numbers, email addresses, our kids' ages, our medical conditions, how we vote. For the love of Heaven, you gotta get them to take that stuff down, and you can with help of Incognate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, your information gets out there, then people actually buy it from you. That buy your information, they keep buying it over and over until you make them stop. And within Cogny's help, they automatically remove your personal information from hundreds of data brokers in people's search sites. They send the legal removal requests, they follow up, they keep monitoring so your info stays off those lists.
Speaker 3: Yep, just go to Incogniti dot com slash armstrong right now, use that code. You get sixty percent off the affordable price in Cognate using your there.
Speaker 2: Are good computers against the bad ones.
Speaker 3: Go to Incogniti dot com slash armstrong right now. Well it's I ncog Ni dot coms and Cogniti dot com slash armstrong. Take your private life off the market in Cogniti dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Armstrong Andthropic is the company arguing the most currently for guardrails, and their guardrails made it impossible for this other company to protect itself and they had to turn to the Chinese for help. It should be a bigger story. The fact that that was like ten minutes into this long AI story. I thought that was the crux of the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you've got the transition happening where the very well developed, well regarded guardrailed American systems are quite expensive to use, and then you've got these open source or open weight I still don't know the difference systems that are just out there, and people are like, whoa, this is a way better idea. So the for profit guiser having to cut their rates a lot. I have no idea where this is going to be in two years, two weeks, like two years, right, make sure just tope and my vital juices are going to be so used up and kind of tainted that the robot overlords don't want them.
Speaker 2: It's my only hope. Cool. I like what Elon starts talking about, we won't need money in five years, will be no point in having saved money. What those of us who have spent, who've crafted our entire lives. That's practically everybody listening around, you know, having enough money to not eat dog food when you're retired, that's no longer gonna matter. Fantastic. That's good, and I'm supposed to like hear that and be happy. Oh cool.
Speaker 3: The best possible scenario is we all realize, oh, that wasn't necessary. I could have spent every dime, but you know that probably wouldn't have made it any more happy anyway. Although you don't know, like had to pass on the prosthetic leg because you didn't have the money, you know, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: What if it means everybody's brought down to a certain level of existence.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it's much more likely, yeah that it's that, or no, it's too much.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lay this on you. It's not better of it too devastating for a Monday, and he decided best to keep it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to keep it in my brain long enough to speak the words. So anyway, uh, coming up, speaking of computers and AI and that sort of thing. For instance, this young man's dad passed away young and he's had terrible, unresolved issues, dreams, all sorts of things. Since now AI can recreate his dad, at least his dad's presence, his voice, his speech patterns. This guy's working out his his s and it's it's been a very good thing. On the other hand, it can make you really really crazy if you use it wrong.
Speaker 2: The what are they calling.
Speaker 3: Them, death bot seems unnecessarily dramatic.
Speaker 2: That's not a good name, nor a loved one. Don't call it a death bot, I'm sorry, A grief bot. That's that's what they're calling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a death bot is what's going to come from my vital fluids and probably my kidneys if they're still worth a dam at that point. Totally different. Pot, don't mistake your death bot for your grief bot. Totally different, Adam.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, And we've got to get to and I know you've heard this before, but the worst national anthem ever played at a sporting event, Oh my god, among other things on the waist there worst sports national anthem ever perhaps coming up in a little bit. One of the things I don't still quite understand about the AI chat bots is is everybody programming them to try to pretend to be your friend? Or does it just sort of do that on its own. Also, I don't fully understand that, but it creeps me out. Got a good exam that to get to. Yah, Is that the Katie thing? Yeah? Among other examples I've got in my own life. My skin crawled.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we talked about this briefly, just to continue on the National Review with a story about a fellow whose dad died when he was young by suicide.
Speaker 2: It's very very tragic story.
Speaker 3: And and this young man who became the quote unquote man of the house probably suffered more from the grief and pressure than he realized, and over the years he would often dream of his dad, who was a figure in the attic of his home, whould try to approach, and his dad would vanish once his dad met his eyes and smiled, but that was all he vanished as usual without a word. I mean, I can't even imagine this psychological pain of that sort of thing. That's absolutely terrible. And this guy has embraced a grief bot, an AI chat bot that especially designed.
Speaker 2: The company Satan six six six dot com.
Speaker 3: That's slightly judgmental as we are at the outset of the discussion, but this, you know, the bot studies the person's communication even social media if that exists, and you can describe them in full, and it digests all of that and and spits it back out after sharing several paragraphs about his dead Oh, I just explained that sometimes called dead bots, again not nearly as good as name. These grief bots fall into the overarching category of generative ghosts that represent a deceased family member or friend. There is specifically utilized to help people grieve, trained with everything from the social media, et cetera. And they've gotten way way better than several years ago when we first discussed them, or better prejudicial term, more advanced and capable, right exactly. For an increasing number of people, they offer what feels like very real opportunity to grieve, And a lot of psychologists say, you know, for folks with un resolved feelings, never got a chance to say goodbye, need to work through that process, can definitely be useful.
Speaker 2: Well, I do have a pushback on that, and I'm not I'm not a professional. Yes, well, go ahead and push back before I get to that. My pushback would be, is there anything that's more the human condition throughout history than dealing with that on our own? And now we're interjecting some brand new way to bypass the way we've done it for all of our existence.
Speaker 3: Now I wouldn't worry about it. It'll be fun, so says one expert. While there might be limited uses of AI that help give someone an opportunity to say goodbye, especially in the context of psychotherapy, death bots have strong and concerning potential to offer the brain and impression that their loved one is still alive in the.
Speaker 2: Present, but they're not, you see, and sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. Training your brain over and over that they are actually around interrupts grieving and this expert what is her name, Mary Francis O'Connor, and all sorts of you know, credentials. She discusses the grieving process at length in her books The Grieving Brain. She specifically differentiates between the term terms grief and grieving.
Speaker 2: Grief is recurring.
Speaker 3: You will experience pangs of grief over the specific person forever.
Speaker 2: I think we can all relate to that.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, grieving is a person's relationship to the sensation of grief. It is a process with a trajectory, and it changes over time. And to constantly light up the wrong part of your brain as you're moving along that trajectory through time. That gets to what you're talking about, Jack, There's a process that's pretty time honored in the human brain for dealing with this stuff.
Speaker 2: Tweak it at your risk, no kidding, interrupting a national process that evolution. People who have been able to do that, you know, survive and people that can't don't. That whole thing. And I about said and thought better of it that well, you know, if it makes him feel better, it's got to be good. No, that's not necessarily true. There's all kinds of things that make you feel better in the short term that aren't good, all kinds of things, from booze to pretending your dad is still alive.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, Yeah, I see this like a lot of treatments, because here's a guy talking about he also lost his father. I said things to my father's AI ghost that I never would have said to the real man, and so help me clarify some of my version of our relationship. As I explored my take on our history, I felt it my attachment to my version diminish.
Speaker 2: I still thought I was.
Speaker 3: Pretty much right, but I found myself feeling more empathy than usual for my father.
Speaker 2: That's a working through things.
Speaker 3: But to me, it's almost like taking a powerful drug or whatever.
Speaker 2: Do it for a little while. Maybe, Yeah, writing a letter to your dead parent to deal with some stuff if you never talked about has got to light up different parts of your brain than actually seeing them and hearing them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is mostly chatbot, it's not like a hologram or anything. Then you're really getting into crazy or like six months from that, I guarantee you. Hey, look, kids, I see the crazy Ville skyline from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolutely right. Oh boy, so much on the way. If you missed the second week get the podcast Armstrong and Getty. What was it that you said the other day you're texting me about you'd rather talk about this than that? What was that? Oh?
Speaker 3: In general, I'd rather talk about I agree, is than events.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I brought it up.
Speaker 3: Aretary news stories that nobody will talk about in two days and yeah, and actually matter.
Speaker 2: And I believe that wholeheartedly. And I don't know if it's just like been doing this too long, or my age or the media has gotten suck here, Like I turned on ABC this week. I've been watching the Sunday talk shows for thirty years longer, and they just have become so irrelevant to my life now. I turned on ABC this week. The Todd blind sharing is like click fast forward. Then there was some James Comey's case about click fast forward that nobody, nobody, I know, no real.
Speaker 3: Human being is thinking about this stuff. I think you've hit on something really fundamental.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: When the government gets so enormous and powerful and rich as it is now, policy doesn't matter anymore. Who's in charge of the levers is the only thing that matters, and so often, you know, our votes are divorced from reasonable discussions about policy. So yeah, I just and I don't mean to be super negative. Life is still worth living and I intend to have a good day to day. But I'm reading Tim Sanderfer's absolutely wonderful book Proclaiming Liberty, Jefferson Adams and the Declaration of Independence, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. But it's impossible not to compare and contrast the philosophies that launched this country and the idea of what the government would and would not be with what it is right now and not be a little bit discouraged.
Speaker 2: Anyway, back to you, Okay, mirth first Earth for gods, I was just setting up. I agree. I'd rather talk about bigger ideas or bore big news events, but got the daily nobody and nobody can be talking about some of this stuff in a week, Nobody and cable news channels who have no viewers. I have to remind myself talk about it all day long.
Speaker 3: You know what one of my favorite parts of Tim's book is is and then we can get into the mirth ah ah ah, the fact that all these great thinkers that we talk about from the Revolutionary period, the founding Papas. A lot of them had read each other's screeds, but they'd never met. I mean, the vast majority of the Boston the the Massachusetts guys knew the Massachusetts guys. The Virginia guys likewise setter up and down the coast, but they'd never met. And so when they first got together for the First Continental Congress, it was like, dude, big fan ears, really big love that piece he wrote about Wow, I tip my feathered cap to you.
Speaker 2: And there they'd be like, odd, please, you're too kind what you said about that? Oh, dude, you are the man. And there's a fair amount of that which is kind of cool. Love your stockings knee high cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, nice fit to them. Where do you get those? So the first professional women's pro baseball game in since whenever that Tom Hanks movie There's No Crying in Baseball? Is that World War Two era that they decided to have women's professional baseball? I think because the dudes are off fighting. Yeah, I think that's right. Anyway, they brought it back. And so here's just some of the tweets I saw and I actually have only heard a few notes of this song, so maybe it gets better and I'm hyping it up too much. But I saw all these different people that I know. Absolutely nothing could have prepared me for the national anthem at the women's pro baseball game. Another one. Nothing will prepare for you for this, and I mean nothing. Here's another one, the worst national anthem performance in history. Here's a here's a palate cleanser, and they bring a bunch of people. Had Whitney Houston's or Chris Stapleton's for a couple of years. That was, oh so good if you need to cleanse your palate. Uh, this national anthem is sung at the worst professional baseball league game. This is a hate crime. Okay, having set it up that way, let's hear some of it.
Speaker 6: Oh see, can you see bye bye? Was so foun well the time, yes, last please ge thrive sad r.
Speaker 2: The past. And she told the other chick we were doing this sweet. She catch her off guard on a massage chair, like a massage chair exactly the bogs bursting in air.
Speaker 5: Okay that part Her partner said, I'm out that I was still the same King's.
Speaker 6: Still there, saust thing.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, okay, Oh the land, Oh.
Speaker 6: And the whole of the.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: Is anybody hurt? I would have to say, I actually believe that might be the worst version. That wasn't on purpose. Bad people use the uh Roseanna. She was trying to be it was a comedy act, which she shouldn't do with the national anthem, but she wasn't trying to.
Speaker 3: I think she screwed up and was embarrassed and was trying to cover it with comedy.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it doesn't matter. These people were trying to sing, well, yeah, that holy cow.
Speaker 3: So my wife is in a women's chorus and one of the things you've got to do is eliminate your vibrato when you're singing harmonies like that. That was like the most horrendous vibrato I've ever heard in my life. She changed keys several times. It was more of like free jazz than you know, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That part where she bailed at one point because she ran out of air or something or partner who I don't think had been alerted that they were doing this until it happened.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's sing the national anthem. We're gonna what one, two, three? Now I'll sing the high part. Wait a minute, what high part? Still that's exactly still there? Right right, He's still there, still there? Oh, give us do we have that last part o.
Speaker 6: The land on the.
Speaker 2: And the whole.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Same key? Like messing with the tempo right fast and really.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, Hey, I wish we'd gotten a chance to practice this.
Speaker 2: Can I read something? I meant to do this on the air after all? The fourth of July two hundred and fifth birthday. Stuff about the national anthem. It's the only national anthem in the world ever. That's been a question. It's a question. Can you see can you still see that flag? It's still up, We're still doing it, We're still together, We're still a country. Just yeah, it is. That's very very cool. Who first put music the The blame seems to be put on fun spirits Gerald. It's Francis Cocky, Yes, Great Gatsby or national anthem. The blame seems to be put on Francis Scott Key. He wrote the words, he didn't write the music right, correct. That's an old English hymn. I can't remember the title. CHOI chose something with a range of eight octaves to be to put the words to it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't, but they're a blot on American history, and I damn them.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I've never you were at the same a's game. I was at Hanson a couple of weeks ago where we both noticed this port Nice high school girl singing the national anthem. Cute Nice won some contests or whatever, but started too high or too low or something. I mean, there's just very few people can do that actual range very well. It's hard to start on the right key, or you're doomed, doomed right. And I think sometimes people they get and then that's what distracts you. On the words. You get a certain way and you think, I think I started too high, or you get into the high part, I'm not sure I can do this, and then you get the words raw.
Speaker 3: You know, you want to hear something bizarre. I don't know why, but I was thinking the other day you quoted some songwriter who said, if you can sing the words to Amazing Grace to a different tune, you can be a songwriter.
Speaker 2: It was something to that effect.
Speaker 3: I can't remember, and that's stuck in my mind since you brought the quote to me years and years ago.
Speaker 2: And so I was.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I popped it into my head. But the other day I was in my kitchen singing the lyrics to the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic give me three steps to the tune of the national Anthem as one does, as one does to pass one's time. That's harder than it sounds. Yeah, that's an interesting brain trick.
Speaker 2: I'll bet that's separating different parts of your brain in a way that's pretty complicated.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, I'll bet it is. I'll bet it is. I did okay, but not great.
Speaker 2: So anyway, there you have it. I think that does qualify as a I don't know if it's a hate crime, but it is a it's hard to enjoy national anthem? Well you know what it made it? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need to just be mean to people at this point in my life.
Speaker 2: There was something.
Speaker 3: About it that it was like joyful and they were enjoying themselves even if it was just god awful.
Speaker 2: That made it extra enjoyable. As as crack. Well, it seems it was a stylistic choice. I think they'd say, what do you mean? What's wrong with it? It came off exactly like I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: God, that woman's vibrato or something. It's like she's in that Japanese earthquake or something.
Speaker 2: When she bailed out on the words in that one phrase, that was kind of funny. And then she it was like.
Speaker 3: She was singing while somebody was doing CPR on her.
Speaker 2: Pump pump poomp. I man, we ought to check in on the war with Iran.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Uh, Trump really really really threatened big this time and then backed out again for better or worse nerd dipping opinions on that. Lots of other stuff on the way, So stay here, Armstrong, heyetty.
Speaker 7: Last month, so Democratic congressman released an open pledge they wanted their fellow Democratic members to sign. It said, we are capitalists not socialist. We want safety not lawlessness. We are proud, not ashamed of America. These should not be hard words for a Congressional Democrat to sign on to. You know how many did eight eight out of two hundred and twelve, guys, Really, there's got to be an easier way to lose the swing States.
Speaker 2: Bill Maher taking on his own party, in particular the National Socialists, the Democratic Socialists of America, and we'll get into more of that in hours three and four, pointing out to his crowd that hadn't heard it apparently that they believe in no prisons for instance, right right.
Speaker 3: A lot of folks are shocked when they hear what the DSA is actually for because they haven't heard it from their favorite lefty media organization. More on that to come. A handful of headlines worth squeezing in. Delta and United have banned humanoid and animal robots from flights. Well, thank god, a little late for my money, but was that necessary? What if you buy a seat for your robot companion or perhaps your sex spots?
Speaker 2: Were they afraid this was going to take over like comfort animals?
Speaker 3: But they don't really, they don't really say. Part of it has to do with a lot of these beasts. A lot of these devices have heavy lithium ion batteries.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so their concern is less.
Speaker 3: About you know, you know, the dog bots or sexpots than batteries moving along the US government map of Africa at an international conference.
Speaker 2: A second, how's your sex spots? But you're going on vacation, you're supposed to leave your sexpot at home? Certainly, not that you did get her. She doesn't travel with you.
Speaker 3: You check her stuff are in a suitcase. Not at all troubling. Oh my god, he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: It gets it. Look your ship her there, she's waiting in your room when you get there. Wow. Charged, All right, this is.
Speaker 3: Basically staying at a high end place. Yeah, that's some good service.
Speaker 2: Yuck.
Speaker 3: US government map of Africa and international conference had mislabeled every country in Africa Global conference in Brazil, causing a stir among attendees who took screenshots and posted them online.
Speaker 2: I'll bet they did.
Speaker 3: It was the AIDS twenty twenty six conference in Rio dejian Era.
Speaker 2: How in the world does that happen?
Speaker 3: The State Department said it took partial responsibility. Oh I'm sorry, No, I misread this full responsibility, the most meaningless phrase on the planet for the confusion caused. All right, nice job. How about this hunter? Biden says he doesn't even own a cell phone, he has no car. He's so broke in a deposition over the I think it's seventeen million dollars in legal fees he owes various law firms.
Speaker 2: According to Mark Alpern's writing, that's pretty much your situation. For the whole family.
Speaker 3: I don't have any assets. I don't own a car, I don't own a phone, Biden said in the deposition. I don't own anything of value other than I don't know the value of it. My paintings, which I painted myself.
Speaker 2: I have a value. Would you like me to tell you?
Speaker 3: I don't what you pay for the canvas. And I don't even have any other assets at all, stocks, bonds, anything like that, savings accounts, nothing. My family doesn't have any money, and it's not their debt anyway, he said.
Speaker 2: Well, all a life of crime would be one way.
Speaker 3: Now, his see now father reportedly received a ten million dollar advance for e book schedules at least in November.
Speaker 2: How is that even possible? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, And former First Lady Jill Biden likely got a hefty book advance for her memoir, published in June, peaked at number one on the New York Times completely phony best seller list, though juiced by bulk sales, which the New York Times counts against Republicans but not Democrats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by their own admission in court filing, So the New York Times list is made up. So yeah, but I don't understand who's I don't know the math of that. Like back in the sometimes you you know, donors buy up enough books to put you on the list because you can still do favors from it.
Speaker 3: What favors can the bidens do for you at this point, I can't imagine, unless you're looking for a beach house cheap. I would like, Speaking of beaches, I'd like to get to a.
Speaker 2: You have a Michael problem, Doctor Jill comes and helps you out for nothing. It's a good point.
Speaker 3: Does house call a Nantucket store has a big no influencers sign that's stimulated heated debate, I'm told, but we don't have time for that, because I wanted to get to this. The Wall Street Journal over the weekend with a couple of really interesting articles about a story we have not hammered and milked and obsessed over. That's the disappearance of poor Savannah Guthrie's poor mother. But now the view of the story has changed substantially. Those two ransom notes everybody's talking about were absolutely legit from Earl.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: The first one gave details of the crime scene, the bedroom, et cetera that nobody could have had except the kidnapp her.
Speaker 2: How come they didn't tell us this back in the day. Didn't do the investigation any good to put it out.
Speaker 3: You know, they were holding back, as they should, so that they knew from the beginning that it was legit.
Speaker 2: The second note. And she's a partial so did she probably know that too, Oh yeah, okay, so she knew red. Oh that's why they took it so seriously. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the second note, which was which came just before the tearful you may picture it. I think they were on the Great Couch, Savannah and her two siblings crying about please return us to or return her to us, do the right thing. They had received the second note, which said, in part, we did not fully grasp the seriousness of her physical condition. We never intended to hurt her. That was not our intention. She perished shortly after she was taken. We believe it was heart related. She is buried in nature.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my god, I hadn't heard this. Yeah, yeah, it just came out, I guess. Wow.
Speaker 3: And the other aspect of the case, and so we of course that.
Speaker 2: Could be a ruse, could just be one person.
Speaker 3: But yeah, exactly that. I wouldn't take that too, seriously. But I noticed the same thing, and the only other thing was the Wall Street Journal goes into rather brutal detail about how the investigation could have been run better, and it certainly looks like the Pima County Sheriff's Department absolutely botched it. The guy in charge had been disciplined for not securing crime scenes, and the crime scene wasn't secured. And this phrase just astonished me. They failed to take the blood droplets on the front patio. Seriously, they assumed it was part of a separate incident.
Speaker 2: What I know, what I know? Wow, I know.
Speaker 3: That's malpractice. It's horrific malpractice. Yeah, anyway, much more to come. If you don't get Next Hour, you can't hang around Grab it fire podcast. You ought to subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand. It downloads automatically.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty