Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen.
Speaker 2: Live houred two On this Wednesday, Dan and The Dan Enstan Patrick Show. Is Dak Prescott a game manager. Cam Newton Coldy Mountain said that he's a game manager.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: When I was growing up, that's a compliment because Bart Starr was a game manager. Bob Greasie was a game manager. That's how you know, quarterback managed a game. It wasn't about you know, glossy numbers. It was what do you do? Do you make the call in the right situation. I don't view it as a negative. I said that before about Alex Smith when he played. Alex did not like it, didn't think it was a compliment. But I was giving that as a compliment. You're managing a game. It's like a pitcher who pitches a game manages a game. That's to me a compliment. But I think in today's game, it's not about I'm just managing. It's I'm dominating a game. I'm affecting a game. I'm the reason why we're going to win this game. But you can be the reason why you're winning a game by how you manage a game. Are you throwing into double coverage? Are you making the call? You know, the right call, you know when you audible like, that's managing a game. Being it's like being a pitcher instead of a thrower, that you're able to be well rounded, understand the game, your teammates making the right call at the right time. But Cam Newton came out and said that there are a few quarterbacks who are game managers. Marvin, do we have Cam Newton? Here is his comment on his podcast Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott brat parody like, but Brock, let's they're not winning because of him.
Speaker 3: He's not turning the ball over.
Speaker 4: He's managing the game. And if we were to put that in its own right as game managers, Brock parody to a tongue of below Jack Golf and really, Dad Prescott, these are game managers. They're not difference makers.
Speaker 2: Okay, now Cam was an MVP and was a difference maker, but I don't think Cam managed a game well. At times I thought that he impacted the game. But if he would have managed the game a little bit better, then maybe you would have had a better result. There is Dak managing a game, okay, and that's open to interpretation. I think he's done an incredible job. Brock Perdy has done an incredible job. Now you do have a lot of talent, but managing all of that talent, getting the ball to the right person at the right time, distributing, making sure you don't lock into just one guy managing a game. I don't think it's, you know, a negative, but I can understand with today's quarterbacks that they would probably take it that way. Everybody wants to be the difference maker, but a lot of these quarterbacks don't know how to manage a game. That's like I want, I want the big play, the splash play, I want a big highlight here. It's more of Hey, that's in front of you. Take what they're giving you. It's third and seven and you throw for eight yards, not for twenty eight yards. Now third and three, I'm going to audible and I'm going to make this call here. It's managing a game. I don't have any problem with that.
Speaker 5: Yes, buy It's like cam is it's a slight to calls on a game manager. What he's saying is that you can't do it on your own if you get in a situation where you don't have blocking or a couple of your receivers are out true, And you know, like remember Patrick Mahomes against Tampa Bay and he was running for his life and he was keeping them in that Super Bowl with zero blocking. That's where if it was someone besides Mahomes, that game could have been like forty to zero with no blocking. But you know, Cam at is peak could do it without wide receivers or blocking, and Josh Allen at his peak true can have lesser receivers, less blocking and still keep you in a game. And I think he's Camp's saying there's a category, but it becomes a slight of those who aren't in that category.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I know we'll get into semantics on this, but I think the reason why this stood out is he's calling out Dak Prescott by saying he's a game manager. If he says Brock Purty and Jared Goff are game managers, I don't know if anybody has a problem, but Dak Prescott, he's elevated his game and he's played well, and no turnovers. That's part of managing a game, not turning the ball over. And Brock Purdy has been great and so is Dak Prescott. And those are the two top MVP candidates right now. All right, got ahead of myself here, but we'll talk to Lewis Riddick of the Mothership get his thoughts on this eight seven seven three DP show. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock, that's our streaming partner. Thank you for downloading the app. And yes, in case are wondering this flannel shirt that I have on you can get one just like it. Go to Danpatrick dot com. We sold out initially all of the flannel shirts, so we just restocked so in time for the Christmas holiday that if you want to order some things, also, Tailgate, Moonshine, a lot of great things there at Danpatrick dot com. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Seaton Poll question results from our one and what are we going to go within hour.
Speaker 6: Two hour one we put up there Dan.
Speaker 7: Next year, Bill Belichick will be the Patriots head coach, coaching another NFL team, coaching a college team working in the media, or on Nantucket with his dog. Right now, do you care to guess it's a tie? But two options?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to say with another team that's one of them, all right, and with his dog on Nantucke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nailed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's going to leave the dog by himself on Nantucket. He takes another job.
Speaker 6: Nobody has him coaching college, nobody has him working in the media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see that.
Speaker 7: For hour two, I was actually going to recycle a poll question that we did on November fifteenth of this year. I want to guess what that was. That guy Randy Chipman sent this in. So this is November fifteenth, twenty twenty three, the guess that recycled Pulques.
Speaker 6: That recycled polk game. Yeah, was this.
Speaker 2: When Patriots came back from losing in Germany? Wrong? Marvin?
Speaker 8: Should the Warriors get rid of Draymond?
Speaker 7: How many games should Draymond be suspended?
Speaker 6: Your options are one or two?
Speaker 2: Don't we do this three times a year so far?
Speaker 7: We could have done it three times this year this far? Uh, three to five, six to nine, ten plus?
Speaker 2: How many should When you say three to five we're talking games, not years.
Speaker 6: Three to five games. Yeah, yeah, it's not a three to.
Speaker 2: Five Yeah, let's lock him up for three to five years out. Even if you did that at work, somebody was like jostling with you, have a little bit of fun. You just turned and then you knocked him to the floor with a punch, but acted like WHOA hit me?
Speaker 1: He turned me around.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it, all right. I can't explain Draymond Green. I can let him try to. Here is Draymond after the game with what he did.
Speaker 9: He was pulling my hip and I was swinging away to sell the call, made contact with him. As you know, I'm not want to apologize for things I meant to do, but I do apologize to you, sir, because I didn't intend to hit him. I sell calls with my arms. I don't fall to sell a call. I don't not a flopper. So I was just selling the call because he was grabbing me and pulling my hip back, so I spun away and unfortunately I get him, and so, like I said, I apologize to you, Seth because I didn't intendant hit on.
Speaker 2: U sept Nurkic got knocked to the floor. There you know, it's one thing if you're selling it and you're flailing and you go towards your bench, okay, But when you are flailing and then you turn and then you have a roundhouse that you hit him up the side of the head with a closed fist. I don't think that's accidental. I don't think you go, oh, I accidentally hit you. No, felt like you were going to hit him?
Speaker 6: Yes, How many times has he accidentally hit somebody?
Speaker 2: Usually in the groin?
Speaker 7: I mean usually he kicks people in the groin accidentally. He's done that while four or five times easily. And now he while not he won't call himself a flopper. He's just selling a foul and then he accidentally punches somebody in the face. That's that's Uneither he really is that uncoordinated and that unlucky, or he's lying.
Speaker 2: Is he really apologizing? Yeah? Here is Steve Kerr, Golden State's head coach.
Speaker 10: I haven't seen a replay, so I don't I have no comment on it.
Speaker 2: How big a swing is it? Losing Draymond?
Speaker 8: That huge, huge swing?
Speaker 10: You know, we kind of felt good about, you know, having him at the five, spreading the floor. We got shooters out there. Obviously changed the lineup around. We thought that could really get Steff some space, and you know, Draymond could use his speed. You saw you got that lay up the first play of the half the second half, and so I felt good about having him out there. And you know he lost his poise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does he ever find his pois? What did he have with I don't know. I think he lost it a long time ago. I don't know if he's looking for it. The Warriors did get eighty points from their bench in the loss of the Suns, and once again here we go, and you can't embarrass I think if you're humbled embarrassed, then maybe you change your ways. At this point, he's not changing, you know, if you take the approach that Dennis Rodman did, who's one of the brightest players to ever play the game. He understood how to be a pest nuisance, but he didn't throw punches. I mean, he got into altercations, but it was really just getting under your skin. Draymond's not that smart, at least when it comes to that. He's a really intelligent basketball player. Although when you think of these numbers eight points, seven assists, seven rebounds. Those are his you know, stats for his career. Now he's much more than that. But he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But I wonder when we think of Draymond Green when it's all said and done, do we go and that guy was crazier? What was he thinking? Or man he cost the Warriors? Or do you go? You know, he was the guy who really was the engine here. He made it all work, and when he played at a high level then it was different. He's not playing at a high level like he's an average player. Times out there, he's a liability at times out there still has pockets where you go, oh, it's Draymond making the right call, the right pass. I mean, he was their point guard, he was their assist leader. But after a while, you know this on Golden State, you guys are enablers here. Everybody's like, well, you know, we'll put up with that because we know Draymond's going to help us in may or June. Okay, are you guys going to be playing in mayor June? Probably not the way you've been playing this year, all right? Eight seven to seven to three DP show email address, DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter, handle at DP show. We'll also talked to Lewis Riddick of The Mothership about Bill Belichick. Tom Kern of NBC Sports Boston had this to say about Bill Belichick's future yesterday.
Speaker 11: When they came out of Germany. Conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made and they were going to play out the string and at the end of the year there would be a parting of the ways for variety of reasons, I think, and I was told this specifically, but the main one being no fire Bill Belichick during this season. It's just not going to happen. Additionally, though he's an asset, he's under contract for another year, which we reported after ESPN or NFL media reported there was a long term extension in place. It would keep Bill locked up long term. It's only through next year, so that would not be an impediment to them changing course. And it had gone too far. The Germany game, the Commander's game, the Saints game, all huge marquee games, and then there was a Chargers game after that. Just because they won last week in Pittsburgh in prime time. I don't think it quells anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Saints game was a huge game. Commander's game was a huge game. Man, we lowered our standards with what's a huge game here? The game in Germany was their super Bowl. And you know when Tom says the decision was made, not we're moving in a direction, A decision was made. But other media outlets haven't made a big deal about this. I think they'll probably start to. But yeah, I think they're gonna move on from Bill Belichick. I wouldn't be surprised. I get it. Uh Phil in New York? Hi, Phil, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 12: Dan Dennett's It's it's actually Bill. But that's fine, six foot great personality. Will leave it, leave it. We'll leave it at that if it helps, like puppies and walks on the beach.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 12: First, on the cam thing, Caam Newton, the converse to a game manager is a game missmanager. So I would probably prefer to be the former. But I have two quick things on the Belichick thing. First, I'm I'm a former journalist. Now I'm in the what we call the reputation management business, otherwise known as pr or flack. They have an opportunity here to get in front of this and just acknowledge now right, Yes, we've agreed, we're going to part ways at the end of the year. Do the right thing, say the right thing. We're going to do the best for the Patriots and the best for Bill Belichick. We're going to move on. Otherwise, you're looking at a slowan divorce. I've been through one of those. They suck so they can get in front of it. I think with Margaret Thatcher that said, if you stand in the middle of the road, get run over from both directions. That's what they're looking at. If they acknowledge it, it's not going to impact Belichick's future to be traded or anything else. Just to acknowledge what you're doing. Just say it. Otherwise, Bill Belichick is going to have to sit there for the next four games, right and answer questions are these rumors true, etc. The toothpaste out of the tube, whether it's true or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bill, thank you for the phone call. Chack's not going to answer these. Oh he has to do is say what he normally says. We're onto I don't know anything about that. That's what he does. And the media can't do anything about it because they'll be like, have you has mister Kraft told you they made a decision on your future?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Not done?
Speaker 14: No more.
Speaker 2: Are you going to be the coach? Have you been told you be the coach here next year? I don't even think about that right now. So chiefs are at the Patriots this week. I mean, that's what he'll say. I'm just worried about the Chiefs. I'm worried about Patrick Bilmes. You're not gonna say anything. Are they going to hang him out to dry? I guess. But it's not like Robert Kraft's going to get in front of the microphone where you can ask him. I know he was on Rich Eisen show recently, but and I don't know if Rich said has a decision been made? Because there was plenty of speculation. But I don't think anybody who else is going to talk. Somebody asked Mac Jones or Bailey ZAPPI nobody's saying anything the Patriots. I mean, this is as much information as you get out of New England, Shawn and salt Lake. Then we'll take a break. Hey Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 12: Quick question? You would be considered the greatest. I don't know you've referred to Bill as the greatest coach, But can you really be the greatest if you've cheated at your sport.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's widely considered the greatest or one of the greatest. I mean, if you want to put an umbrella over it and say he's one of the greatest, then great. You know that's fine. No, it's Lombardy better, or hol Is better, Shoel the better. It's just we we gauge our greatness with quarterbacks on Super Bowls and we should probably do that with Bill Belichick. Is there an asterisk by him? Yeah, there's always going to be, whether it's something that you actually see or that you imagine is there. But you know, Bill's one of the great coaches of all time, if not the greatest coach. Yeah, it feels like.
Speaker 7: His time has gone on and all the hysteria has died down. Both of those cheating scandals are kind of nonsense anyway. Most people seem to recognize that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, deflate Gate was silly. That was more about Belichick or Brady not telling the.
Speaker 6: Truth ideal guess law.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Of course, although the NFL never released the whole next season, they studied the footballs at every game and they never released those findings.
Speaker 2: I wonder why. I remember asking Roger Goodell, that's been a long time since he's been on the show, but I remember asking him about where's all that, you know, the Spygate stuff, and he said, oh, we destroyed it. I go why would you destroy it?
Speaker 5: It's possible that was for the reason he was on the show for the last name reaction when everyone found out.
Speaker 8: He said that we lose that number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well he hadn't been on since. All right, we'll take a break. More phone calls coming up. By the way, if you missed Charles Barkley last hour, if you're gonna podcast this, he was wonderful as you would expect out of Charles and told some great stories. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 15: Paulli Foosco here with Tony Fosco.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 15: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports talks, The Paully and Tony Fusco Show. YEA, Now the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is. Why Yeah, Instead of us doing that, let's just let our millions of fans do the talker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play the tape.
Speaker 8: You don't know? Crap about four own this crap.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong tape tap. Just forget that.
Speaker 9: Look.
Speaker 15: Listen to the Folly of Tony Busco show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts wherever.
Speaker 1: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: He is Lewis Riddick of the mother Ship, a former NFL safety, former front office executive with the Eagles and with Washington. He was on the call Monday night the Titans surprising the Dolphins, and he's got the Peach Bowl coming up. That'll be December thirtieth. It's Ole miss and Penn's state. Thanks for joining us. Do you think Bill Belichick knows that what his future is going to be in New England?
Speaker 3: And then I would probably I'd venture to say he does. I'd say him, And I thought, after all these years, what is it now? Twenty three years? Is the twenty three seasons that he's coached up there? Twenty four seasons. I would hope that they have the kind of communication that's ongoing and continuous that kind of lets him know that, look, this is kind of what we're thinking about and how things are gonna go here at the end of the year, and those are kind of things that this kind of like to me, would would seem like it would be a natural kind of conversation. That's the kind of respect he deserves, and I think he would want to know that kind of information, especially if mister Kraft, Jonathan Kraft and the rest of the gang up there, we're gonna go ahead and make a decision. Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be shocked by it at all if if it's actually coming to an end.
Speaker 2: How attractive do you think he would be for let's say, the Chargers, Washington Carolina, anybody else?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's He's attractive for everybody, especially from from a program building standpoint, in terms of philosophically, how he thinks you have to win in the NFL. He's always been a guy who's been a step ahead as far as scheme, strategies, tactics. He knows all that. So he hasn't lost his fastball in that way. But there's no question that some of the some of the can decisions that he's made as far as player selection have really burned him. Man, he's really he's really missed the mark on a couple of those. And see that's gonna be that's gonna be it? What kind of GM? Who do you got? Who do you got that you're gonna pair with him? It's gonna be able to withstand the kind of let's just say, pressure a guy like Bill will put on you. Because I can just tell you this, it ain't like anything you've ever seen before as far as being around somebody like that who is as demanding, as accomplished. It's not. It's not for everyone. It's just not.
Speaker 2: But do you think he goes in he wants to be the GM and the coach if he goes to another place, or would he be willing to acquiesce to a GM.
Speaker 3: I I don't. I don't really know. I would think that he would. Still, I don't think he would ever just give it up totally. I don't think he'll ever just be a guy who says, hey, you know what, I don't want anything to do with it. You just picked the players. I'll coach him, But I could see a situation. I'll like, remember Andy used to have control of every everything when he was in Philadelphia at one time. Everything. Now Tom Hecker worked with him, but Andy had control of everything. He became and he would probably tell you himself. And I don't want to speak for him, but I know how he has talked about it. But he became someone who became an even better coach as far as the details are concerned, when he took a lot of that off of his plate and he just had someone who he can trust. And right now he's hit the sweet spot with him and Brett down in KC. So could Bill get Could Bill do that? Of course he could? But who would that guy be? Who would it be that he would trust in that way?
Speaker 2: What's your level of concern for the chiefs?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's serious. It's significant because look, I think and he used to say this all the time, Dan when we were when we were in Philly, like when we used to talk about player profiles, especially at the wide receiver position, and we talk about all this stuff about short, airy quickness and explosiveness, and he can do this. And Andy used to say this, Look, man, can this guy catch the ball or not because misues okay, because he would say, you know what he goes. He'd be like, correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the number one job a receiver has to do is catch the thing? He used to say that all the time, and that worries me for this football.
Speaker 2: But how do receivers not catch a football?
Speaker 3: You know? Because honestly, some guys just have better hand eye coordination and natural ability in game situations to track a ball in the stadium when someone's coming at him. Then other guys do, and some, I mean, you know how it is. There's guys who are there's people who are practiced players, and there's people who are gamers. Some people, when you rep it and you're talking about it and there's no pressure, they look like all Americans, all of famers. When the lights come on, they shrink. Some of the guys there don't step up and do the right things when the lights are the brightest. And that see that that's all we're talking about with KC. Now, it's not about well, are they gonna make it to playoffs? And they are gonna be no with in casey, it's either super Bowl or the season stunk. That's all. That's that's all it is. So yeah, I'm concerned that I'm concerned for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sure that level of concern more for Kansas City or Philadelphia moving forward?
Speaker 3: Uh more for Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you why. In the NFL, the game still is going to be all right. So it's gonna be about winning at the line of scrimmage in the postseason, and it's about explosive plays in the postseason. That's what it's about. Can you control the line of scrimmage? Obviously, turnover differential is always going to be there. Can you win it the line of scrimmage? Can you create explosives? It's just too hard to go eight, nine, ten, twelve, thirteen plays all the time. Philly can create explosives because they have dudes who can do that. Aj can do it, DeVante can do it, Swift can do it, Kenny Gainwell can do it, and phil In Kansas City, Travis can create explosives, but he's a tight end. He's not necessarily that guy who can flip a game on its head. And who else they got. That's the issue. And when you're talking about winning at the line of scrimmage. Yeah, Casey's offensive line is still very good. In their defense is one of the best in the NFL. I believe Philly's pass rush will start to show up. I am concerned about their secondary, but I do think they are still built enough the right way, and Jalen Hurts will get on the same page with his offense and Brian Johnson will get it going to the point where I think they will still be there in the end. It'll be between obviously it'll be between Dallas, Philly and San Frean in the NFC. The AFC is a little bit tougher of a road for Casey, maybe that it's ever been, simply because they can't flip the game on its head with one play like they used to be able.
Speaker 2: To former defensive back now working for the Mothership with the NFL College Football Analysis, he's Lewis Riddick joining us on the program. I'm gonna play something that Cam Newton brought up on his fourth and one podcast and then get your reaction to it.
Speaker 4: And Lamar Jackson, obviously, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott Brat parody like, but brock Let's they're not winning because of him, He's not turning the ball over. He's managing the game. And if we were to put that in its own right as game managers, Brock parody to a tongue of Belowa, Jared Goff and really Dad Prescott, these are game managers. They're they're not different makers.
Speaker 2: Okay. In the start of that answer, he talked about you know mahomes Lamar Jackson, you know their they're difference makers, and then he got to game managers with Rock Perty, Dak Prescott, Jared Goff is not a slight? Was it meant as a slight?
Speaker 3: Of course, it's meant as a slight because you know, Ham sounds like somebody who and I like him. I like him. Every time I got a chance to talk to him, I've liked it. I like the guy. But Cam to sounds Cam Cam comes off as like bitter like because he thinks he should still be playing. And you know, you've often heard him talk about the fact that he's better than a lot of the quarterbacks that are still playing in the NFL. And sometimes when you have that kind of feeling, like your your opinions and your the lens through which you look at these guys, becomes a little bit distorted and jaded, and you say it in a way that kind of makes you feel better about where you're at, or rather it kind of makes you it just makes you feel better, for lack of a better phrase. Here, Look, you know, I continue to have issues with this whole game manager versus this guy wins the game bs because man, look, I played in an era.
Speaker 14: Where I hear the great quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I played against all Right, played against Troy when Dallas was mowing down everybody in Dallas. I played against Elway when TD was going for two thousand yards and they had McCaffrey and they had Shannon, they had all those dudes. I played against Joe and I played against Steve Young when they had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Ricky Waters, Roger Craig Block, et cetera, et cetera. You know what's interesting, I remember being a scout when when Peyton had Drin and he had Marvin Harrison, and he had Reggie Wayne, he had Dallas Clark, And I'm sitting there going, look, these guys then are now. These guys then and now were considered some of the greats to ever play the game. And they had Hall of famers all around them. But we become drunk with this notion that unless you are throwing the foot, unless you're getting hit in the face the receivers triple covered the windows and inch by an inch and you threaded through a key hole, you're not elite. You're not that great. You're not that unless you're throwing it off balance across your body. No, look, seventy yards in the air on a flat line, Well, that mustn't. You're just benefiting from all the guys around you. And it's really then it's become stupid. It becomes stupid the way in which we are trying to individualize the game that we all know reason why we love it's because it's the greatest team sport ever, but want we are so enamored with trying to put people in the levels and tiers. And that's why there's always this study about this is the category A quarterback, this is category B. It's like it's like quarterback wins, right, Like we keep using that stat even though a quarterback could do everything possible in a game, and if he doesn't have the ball last and his defense gives it up in the end, it still goes out of the loss for him. It's like we pick and choose, we move goldposts so damn much in this business, and we have such weird, weird ways of categorizing elite versus not. Yeah, we all know that Brock Party is not physically and from a throwing perspective as talented as Patrick Mahomes No kidding, So what you know? Joe Montana wasn't as physically gifted as Steve Young. Steve Young's not as physically gifted. Even though Steve Young's a Hall of Famer and one of my best friends. I love Steve Young to death. He's not as physically gifted as Jackson as a runner, better throw, et cetera. See, it's just so it's I hate, I absolutely hate these conversations because right now Rock Purdy is right in the cross hairs, right he's right in the cross hairs of everyone's debates right now concerning whether or not he should be he should be considered an MVP, because anyone could do what Brock is doing well.
Speaker 2: Also, if he was taken in the top ten, of course we get differently.
Speaker 3: There you go, And what does that tell you? The fact that we can sit here and admit this. We're already The fact that we could admit that that, well, if he was taken in the top ten, that I wouldn't be having this conversation already shows you that really, your opinion right now really doesn't mean a four letter expletive that I won't say. It really doesn't mean anything because you're already admitting that you're biased simply because of where he came in, and that right there takes all your credibility and you can just throw it out the door. I hope that I hope the guy I swear like, I hope he wins the MVP so bad because there will will be about six to eight months worth of conversation where people are going to be pissed off.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like when The Joker was going to win three MVPs in a row, and I think people had a problem because he doesn't jump high. He's there's no highlights. You know, a highlight will be a pass, and I think that that, well, he hadn't won a championship. So now he's won a championship and probably should have been the MVP last year during the regular season. But you know, I don't need excitement I need, and and Joe Montana was a game manager in my opinion, and Bart Starr was, and you know there's yes, yes, we get Cam was not a game manager. Well, that's part of the problem with Cam. He didn't manage a game. If you don't manage a game, then you mismanage a game. Patrick Mahomes manages a game. And that means I'm gonna make the right call at the right time. I'm going to make the right play. It doesn't mean you're limited physically, it's mentally you you're ahead of people. And that's what I think that it's not a negative to me to say, you know how to manage your game.
Speaker 14: Every great quarterback, guru, teacher, coach, whatever, if you ask them, give me the two primary factors that determine greatness and quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They don't go all schedule, throws in excitement and whether or not he can throw the ball seventy yards. They don't say that. They say decision making, accuracy. That's where they start. That's where they start, and everything else from there. Obviously you need physical skills and to be able to pass the football move. Yeah, of course decision making and accuracy. But for brock Purdy. It's like, well, he's not making decisions. Kyle's just telling him in his ear what to do. He's not actually throwing the football. That's an AI generated guy out there throwing the football. I mean, well, what the hell do you want? You know, he's getting penalized for the things that the great say you have to be able to do to play the position.
Speaker 2: Great, I like you fired up, like, yeah, I know you know what. I ready to hit somebody, you don't.
Speaker 3: You know, I always loved these conversations with you, man, this is always good stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what, go go drill or lof sky, like right in the middle of his back. Don't even tell him it's coming, just like sticking.
Speaker 3: You know what. Back in the day, back in the early nineties, when we could actually hit quarterbacks and people didn't cry, I would have loved.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have a quarterback cry when you hit him?
Speaker 3: Cry? No, you know what he was In our days, they didn't say a word. I mean because they expected it. They expected I mean, I can tell you, man, I can tell you. I can just tell you one quick play. We're playing the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason. Once down in Texas, stadium, Old Texas Stadium. We had scrimmaged against them when I was with the Raiders for like two or three days in training camp before that, and they kept running the skinny posts and I wasn't I kept getting I was laid on my break out of the middle of the field, and Gruden kept saying, He's like, are you gonna ever make a play on this Are you ever gonna make a play on this route? You're gonna make a play on this router? Are you just gonna keep watching them catch it? They ran the same play in the in the game then, and I saw it coming. I saw the formation I saw. I believe it was Jason Garrett was playing quarterback at the time. And I looked and I said, here it comes. I didn't even back up. I just made a bee line right for the receiver Dan. I hit him with everything I had, like it was a high shot up in the head. All this stuff. Nobody said a word. I literally walk by the guy and look. Now, I understand why you can't do that now, but the game is totally different. It's totally different now, and I get why no quarterbacks didn't cry there, but they can look everybody can You can't hit a guy hard right now without the whole sideline. You see everybody going like this. It's crazy. Man.
Speaker 2: You imagine the old Raiders, the Alan Davis Raiders, if they played today, guys would be in jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they sure would. You'd have on the commission on the suspended list. You have like forty.
Speaker 2: Guys the Raiders are on the Commissioner's exemplst the entire team. Hey, that's great to talk to you. Have fun in the Peach Bowl and thanks for joining us, of course, man. Thanks, that's Lewis Riddick of the Mothership ib BE doing the Peach Bowl. That'll be December thirtieth at noon, Ole Miss and Penn State. When we come back, guess the NFC and AFC offensive players of the week, Pauli said, you won't believe it. Well, we're gonna find out next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It was Serbia Knight in Chicago, and of course everybody came to see the joker. Well, he was ejected after scoring four points. Nuggets had to win over the Bulls. That's how bad the Bulls are. The Joker doesn't play and they still can't win a game at home. Everybody's showing up to see the joker. Serbia Knight in Chicago, he gets tossed. Good stuff. All right, here we go, guess the NFC and AFC Offensive Players of the week. We've never done this before.
Speaker 5: No, for probably a good reason. Maybe you didn't stay in.
Speaker 2: Your car, and Paulie goes, hey, I got some shockers here, and I go Okay.
Speaker 5: If I told you a month ago that these two guys got AFC and NFC Offensive Player of the Week, nobody would have bet on this one. Who wants to go first for NFC first?
Speaker 2: Seaton O'Connor, I had AFC first.
Speaker 6: Sorry, okay, let's do AFC first. I'm gonna go Bailey Zappy No.
Speaker 2: I had a good guess. I'm gonna go Zach Wilson.
Speaker 5: Jack Wilson is correct. AFC Offensive Player of the Week. A week ago he was they said he didn't want to play, Okay now NFC.
Speaker 2: NFC Marvin Justin Fields.
Speaker 5: No deeper cut Tommy DeVito, Tommy Cutlets is correct.
Speaker 1: Quarterback.
Speaker 5: I give credit to the NFL knowing how to milk a storyline and giving these two guys player of the week is a good job.
Speaker 8: By that.
Speaker 2: What do you get for offensive player of the week.
Speaker 5: I think you get a plaque, a plot like sent to you at the facility? Uh, Aaron Rodgers held it up once? Okay, but yeah, can you believe can you believe these two guys got it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can absolutely.
Speaker 8: I actually checked the source. It was a reporter who posted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I asked her if he was kidding.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jason Jason in Mississippi? Hey, Jason, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 3: DP?
Speaker 16: Long time listener?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 13: Wait?
Speaker 16: Six six.
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 16: Okay, first time called a long time listen. Let's say you added so color to the show piece.
Speaker 12: Came all this.
Speaker 16: But then as I'm watching the game last night, I see as they saw in the replay. I see the bench as they're showing it and may react. So when Draymond did that was just like, wow, I can't believe he did that.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 13: Reason?
Speaker 2: So well? I think the bench, the players at this point, you can't be surprised. You can't go h wow, Draymond just did that. I'm surprised when he doesn't do something. And this year, if you're getting thrown out of what twenty percent of your game so far, you know it's a systemic problem with the organization because you've allowed it, because you know, come May and June, that's when he's able to help you win a championship. Well, he's not doing that anymore. Adrian in Dallas.
Speaker 13: Hey Dan, how you doing great? Long time? First time five? My question is, and give me a chance to set this up and make sure it's not confusing for your football team. And I'd love to hear you guys discuss multiple football teams. Which would you rather have the situation as it is now to win the Super Bowl? Your chances of winning the Super Bowl take the situation as it is right now, or one play and from which yard line? For example, with my Cowboys, we've got a shot to win the Super Bowl. I might take a chance from the fifteen or in. But if you're Fritsy and the Broncos, you definitely take a shot from your own twenty on a hail Mary, how confident are you that your team is going to win?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I would take the Eagles at the one yard line ballgame, don't I don't know if there's another sure thing is that Gampon would it be.
Speaker 5: Great at the Super Bowl? Ended with let's say it was Eagles versus Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Push Eagles, it was four and they get stopped.
Speaker 5: No, it's fourth and two, not fourth and one with ten seconds left on the clock.
Speaker 2: So oh, I don't think they'd be worried about getting two yards?
Speaker 5: Would they still do it too?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what it looks like they could do it from like the five.
Speaker 5: I would love it for you to be like two and a half where they it caused a decision. I.
Speaker 2: I don't it feels like that they could get two Wow, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 8: They did the Toush push last week and they were in the end zone like three or four yards. Oh, they could have done this from the four yard line and got in. Yes, Tom, I'm surprised you think they would do it from the two.
Speaker 11: I thought they would like fake the Toush push, which is what maybe the defense is expecting they're going to do, and then you have Hurts roll out and either run it in himself or dump it to a tight end.
Speaker 2: Or No, I would do the tush push from the two, yeah, from the three maybe, and they already had that wrinkle, as we like to say, they had that wrinkle where they fake the tush push and then somebody takes the ball and runs it in.
Speaker 8: Yes, that tush push was originally handled by Crappensburg
Speaker 2: State oh oh Okay blue Bloop Crappensburg State Final hour in this Wednesday on the way