Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones welcome back.
Speaker 4: I remember two Kentucky Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text Machine is seven seven two four five two five four. This segment sponsored by Club Blue, the official NIL fundraising partner of the University of Kentucky. Now I remember, they've teamed up with Bespoken Spirits to create a Club Blue basketball bottle, honoring this year's squad with a bold, weeded Kentucky bourbon whiskey. Eight hundred bottles are in circulation. That's eight hundred, so you can use them for future signing tours or your home bar lineup. It's available now at Liquor barn across Kentucky. But there are only eight hundred bottles, so get out there quickly. The each bottle sold fuels UK's NIL. Eight hundred bottles drew for this. Uh this new collection. That's kind of exciting. I didn't even know that existed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's been a good response to to the I guess we'll just call it the Booze the bear end the bourbon coming out. I know a lot of people bought up the bourbon for the March Madness run. It's been popular and it's helping pope out in the portal now, so keep it going.
Speaker 4: It's ask anything Wednesday. I like this question, Shannon. This is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. One person writes, Matt, I really enjoyed Ryan teaching as science yesterday. But I have a bet with my brother and I won't tell you which side is which. But do we want to know if Ryan, without looking it up, could name ten elements from the periodic tape?
Speaker 2: I love this question?
Speaker 4: Yes or no? All right? Before Ryan, you just sit there and think for a minute before Ryan were to say it, Let's guess, Shannon, do you think yes or no? He can get ten?
Speaker 3: Ryan knows a lot of just random things that you wouldn't think that he would know. I'm going to go all in and say yes, he can get ten?
Speaker 4: All right? Uh, Drew, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: If this were a prop bet on DraftKings, I would be hammering the over on Ron Lemon at ten point five elements?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna say yes. But then here's what I want to do. Let's let's I don't know if he'll get ten, but let's assume he gets ten. How many do you think he can get before he gets one wrong.
Speaker 3: Shit, I'll say he could get to like fifteen.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, what about you, Drew, Fifteen is a good number.
Speaker 5: But I'll add the word he will say will not even be a word. He will just make something up, just comes out of that. Ryan Lemon, brain will be his first miss.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say twelve. I think he gets ten. I don't think he gets twelve. All right, Ryan, you have the floor.
Speaker 3: I like to look on his face.
Speaker 4: I want you to.
Speaker 6: Name I want to take my bed back elements.
Speaker 4: I'm wanting to count them as you go.
Speaker 7: Here we go octygen one, nitrogen two, helium three, hydrogen four, sodium five.
Speaker 4: He's starting away version, Okay, go ahead, Nickel nichol is six? Okay. Bronze is bronze an element?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think thinks element. Yeah, I don't think bronze is an element. Hang on, uh, hang on? Is bronze an element?
Speaker 3: It's not a single element found on the period.
Speaker 4: He got to six. Wow, so an upset didn't even get to ten. All right, Let mean, let's just see bronze at least was something, even if it wasn't an element. Can you could you stay. If I gave you one, stinker, could you go now and see what you could get?
Speaker 2: I've got four more written down, and I'm not for sure if there're an element or not.
Speaker 4: Well, if you already said bron Shannon, I don't feel confident about the but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Carbon.
Speaker 4: Carbon is is the basis of all life. You know. Carbon is the central thing that bases all life. And you went with bronze before that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just reading my list. Plutonium I think that is one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually all right.
Speaker 2: Titanium yes, oh how many is that?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 2: Two, three, four, five, six.
Speaker 4: Nine if you don't count the one you missed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, two more and we gave you one mulligan though, yeah, yeah, I are you done now?
Speaker 2: I'm stuck. Hydro carbonate.
Speaker 4: Elements. That's a mom that you just combined hydrogen and carbon. That's not you. You have no more laurine. Chlorine is one, yes, I'm not. Instead of bronze, why don't you think about the other uh, the other medals in the Olympics gold, yes, silver, Okay, there you go. So why let me ask you a question, just again, trying to understand your mind. Why did you skip first and second ice and go directly to third.
Speaker 6: I'm more of a third place guy twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a bronze medallist.
Speaker 5: What about some of the vitamins and minerals on the cereal box that you read every morning? Yeah, you just think about your cereal in the morning.
Speaker 4: About what's it? What's in your cereal or whatever? You eat? Wheat? Sugar an element? Sugar is not an elemants potassium? There you go, nice? What what? What? What else can we get? Wheat? I like that you guessed wheat salty things?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, salt?
Speaker 4: What No? Sodium?
Speaker 2: Said sodium?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said sodium hydrochloric acid. But again, now you're combining them, you're taking two ones together. You need to get make them separate. How about there was a Nirvana song that was called one of them? What what's the Nirvana song?
Speaker 2: All we Are is all we Are?
Speaker 4: That's not that's that's not lithium lithium. What about what about what your cans are made of? Like an aluminum? Aluminum? That's right? What about like a bright color what do they call a bright color.
Speaker 7: Leon?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yes, what about what you put like like the RFK wants to ban it but you give you give it to children to help their teeth flooride fluoride. There you go. So see, there's more than you knew. You just didn't know they were actually actually actually your.
Speaker 5: Your shirt's really wrinkled today. But if you did want it to be wrinkled, but would you use it home before you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: There's another one. I wanted to set them up for. Okay, I think I know what I was gonna do. I was gonna set him up for silicon too.
Speaker 4: I thought you could.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we know.
Speaker 4: That one. I got a story.
Speaker 2: How I remember sodium on the properiodic table chart is in a you because because a student in classmate of mine in my class had a goat named Sody and goats go ney. So I always remember sodium is in a well.
Speaker 6: How did you not get sodium?
Speaker 4: Said? So you remembered sodium by goat going ney.
Speaker 2: Goats gony, and the ghast's name was Sody. Sodium goes nay, all right, I remember it.
Speaker 4: Six is really bad. I just want Shandon for the record to show six is awful.
Speaker 2: I have one mulligan and then I got like a couple mores.
Speaker 4: And you still didn't get the team, even with the mulligan, you were not able to do it. All? Right, who's up next, Let's go to tray, Tray, go ahead, tray.
Speaker 9: Hey, Matt, So you're a professor. What grade you give Ryan? Does he get a bump because his attendance is good?
Speaker 4: You mean for the year or for that particular segment for chemistry? Uh? For chemistry he gets a see because that was terrible. If you're just talking about overall as a radio host, I would say a minus. He always shows up, he gives his efforts. Sometimes he says things I wish he wouldn't, which makes him not get to A. But he's a solid A minus.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 9: That's closer to an A B. I guess uh. I got one thing about the transfer portal, Guys, I'm not worried about it. I trust Cope and the scouting team more than you know these online rankings. I will say, we know Pope how he plays. He needs a point center, Amar Williams Khalifa b Yu. He uses a very specific type of big man. I think we let him choose who he wants and we throw a bag at him because it's Flynn Pickens with the type of big man that he uses.
Speaker 4: I that's fair. I mean to me, there's I appreciate the call like there's a lot of different guys you can win with, but at a lot of positions. But I do think in Pope's offense that point center and a point guard are huge. I think there are probably more guys out there than you think that can do it. I don't know that they're all gonna be as athletic as Amari, but Amari couldn't shoot threes. You might be able to find dudes who can shoot threes, but Drew, I do think if you're looking at Pope's offense, those are the two most important positions, your point guard and that sort of point center.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know he loves to run the offense from the high point. There might be some guys that are capable that it just where they were, that's not how they were asked to play. Pope would know more and getting deep looking into that and maybe you know, I know everyone doesn't love it as the first pick, but you know they're still high on Brandon Garrison for running that role. He wasn't Amar, but if he makes a lead forward, he's got a little bit of passing and shooting in him if you have to tap into that, but you'll need pieces with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we also, I mean that's another thing some of these guys are hopefully going to improve, right, I mean, you hope to Ryan see some of these dudes coming back get better.
Speaker 2: We saw Brandon Garrison's shot get better as the season went on. He ended up being a pretty decent three point shooter by the end of the season. So it definitely the more they work on them, the better they get. I think he definitely still want you do you think he still wants a big butt, powerful sky like Amari though too, who's so strong in the baite paint.
Speaker 4: I think he that there's a couple different ways to do it. I think you can do it where you are a dude like this, you know that's a big that can shoot. I think it's gonna be hard to find an Amari an athlete like him at that position is hard. But Amari could not shoot, which did clog the lane up. You saw when Brandon Garrison was there, when he didn't turn the ball over, they could, you know, they could really spread their offense out. Omary couldn't do that. But Amari could do some things that nobody else could do. I think it's gonna be hard to find a dude like Amari. There aren't a lot of athletic guys who could handle the ball like he did. But are there guys that can pass, stand at the top of the key and make threes. Yeah, I think those guys exist in the NBA. Last night, by the way, there were some amazing performances drewe Let me just go over real quick, because I do thinklast night was kind of a historic night. Steph Curry had fifty two points, made twelve threes in a game. That's pretty amazing, but it was only the third best performance of the night. Jokic had sixty one points and a triple double. Think about that, sixty one points in a triple double. He's only the third person in history to score sixty and get a triple double in the same game. Sixty one in a triple double. And then the Milwaukee Bucks last night broke the all time NBA record for best field goal percentage in a game. They shot sixty eight point eight percent from the field in the game, sixty eight point eight percent. They made over two thirds of their field goals Drew. Those three stats all occurred in the same night last night in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got close to one hundred and forty points in that one with Jokicic. I know we all want Shay to get an MVP, but I don't know how you.
Speaker 6: Don't give it to that guy every year. He is incredible.
Speaker 5: I mean the way he sixty sixty points is enough in itself, but he's got like one of the best of all time. With the way he passes rebounds.
Speaker 6: Does it all?
Speaker 5: Triple doubles seem to just be a given for him. I don't know how he doesn't just have it every single year. Maybe he does again this year, but uh, he's insane, and I like that.
Speaker 4: He's not in shape, Like shit, he's like a big dope boy out there.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna say, Like, how does that guy get sixty one points?
Speaker 4: He's not fast, right, he's not strong. He's big, but he's not in shape. And yet Drew no one can stop him at anything, and.
Speaker 5: He's hard, especially maybe it's because he plays with Murray. It's hard not to be a fan of Jokic for that reason. I mean, in the offseason, he just drinks beer and bets on horses, then just shows up and dominates everybody every night.
Speaker 3: He's the John Daily of the NBA.
Speaker 4: Really he is, except he stays good. You know, Daily won like two tournaments, like Jokis has been the best player in the league for five years.
Speaker 3: Like he is just the type of guy that will like, you know, blows cigarette, smoking your face and step back.
Speaker 4: When the season's over. Lebron like goes to Germany and gets all these like injections and cryo. He goes back to Serbia and just bets on horse.
Speaker 6: Races all summer hockey.
Speaker 3: You not love that guy?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: How I liked In the Warriors game, they interviewed some big white dude off the bench after the game and they're asking about the game. He's like, why am I here, Steff at fifty something points, why do.
Speaker 4: You want to talk to me? He's like, why in the world do you want to talk to me? Tell me about stock toor Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Right, Stockton Mortgage the people that can help you reach your home ownership needs and if you have goals and maybe this summer, this spring you're wanting to maybe step into the home ownership world sector. Mortgage can help you. They're easy to work with. You work with the same long officer throughout the process. You just go to the website Stockton dot com. There's a button there it says get started, and they'll get you on your way. I've had several people us Stock to Mortgage and they get you the closing table and that's what it's all about. So give them a try. Stock to Mortgage n MLS a two five nine equal housing lender.
Speaker 4: We've had somebody invit us to go to one of those bee places where you put on those suits and they can they have the hives and all that. Would you want to do that?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I would, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I don't know would you all want to do that?
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to watch Ryan in a bee suit. I don't want to get stung, but we're not gonna get stung if you got a be suit on, right, But.
Speaker 4: I think that would be I don't know, I think that'd be pretty scary. I'm not sure that I.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, she had a protective suit on Macaulay Coukin movie.
Speaker 6: What was that one that came out?
Speaker 4: We're all under no. Apparently the kid from Florida State, Taylor Bowl Bowen, was at Jeff Ruby's Friday Night with the UK coaches. He's six' ten, Sophomore so, SEE i mean that's he may be the. Same he may be our magoon.
Speaker 2: Replacement they do seem to be casting a wide net on big, Guys like if you're one of a big, guy there in the net is Wied Taylor Bowl.
Speaker 4: Bowen we'll take a black break and be right. Back It's Kentucky Sports. Radio welcome, Back Tekey Sports. Radio If i'm nine two eight twenty two eighty, seven one person who, Writes, matt what do You it seems like EVERYWHERE i go people are talking about The Cassidy road. DECISION i feel like you are in the minority on the position on. It do you think fans agree more with you or more With ryan And? Drew you, KNOW i don't. KNOW i mean, ONLINE i Think i'm clearly in the minority position on, it BUT i don't know about the average fan on whether or not you, Know kenny should have or had the right to take this. Scholarship you, KNOW i did have a lot of people say to me that they didn't even know there was another girl in the same. POSITION i think part of it Is ryan her dad has made it like a media. CAMPAIGN i know he went On Alan cutler's. SHOW i think he's done a couple. INTERVIEWS i think he's he's made it a big. Thing i'm not sure if the other young woman's parents have said. Anything, so you, know where do you think the Fan, Like i'm not going to put a pole up BECAUSE i DON'T i think that would lead to a lot of. Negativity but if you were to poll the fan, base do you think the fan base as a whole is very, upset agrees With kenny doesn't, Care like where where do you think people would?
Speaker 2: Be you, KNOW i mentioned this when we talked about it. YESTERDAY i think it's kind of fractured the fan base for THE uk women's. BASKETBALL i mean there is a definite split with people that are supporting her and the people that understand what Coach brooks. Did so to answer your, Question i'm saying it's. PROBABLY i mean it's like maybe sixty forty leaning towards.
Speaker 4: Me you say, fractured, though what do you? MEAN i? Mean is it like LIKE i disagree with, it But i'll move on or is? IT i, mean do you think there's really like a long term impact on the, women because you, know women's basketball fan base is A i want to say, small but it's a there's a core group that been going for. YEARS i, mean do you think it you think that's gonna be a big.
Speaker 2: DEAL i think that's that's the. Grip i'm talking about that core. Group it's kind of, fractured AND i think it's gonna. Set it's gonna they're gonna hold Against kenny for a long. Time but like you, said he gets into the final, four you start, winning people are gonna forget about what just. Happened but as of right, now at this, MOMENT i THINK i think there's definite.
Speaker 6: Fracture, Drew, YEAH i think.
Speaker 5: Uh i'd put it at least the on, online which is never how you should judge the entire fan. Base but it's like eighty percent. Upset there's some people claiming they won't even support the. Program, now even if you're, UPSET i think that's a little extreme over one, issue but people seem to be fired. Up i'd say the fan base, overall people not online probably have no. Idea it's, happening but at least On, twitter if you search her name Or kenny's there's a lot of people upset and, saying, uh some people are they're done with. THEM i think that's, crazy but they're they're.
Speaker 4: Mad, YEAH i don't. KNOW i MEAN i wonder how many these people really Mad shannon ever went to a game to Begin.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah it's fake. OUTRAGE i, mean that's what the internet.
Speaker 4: IS i think there's a lot of times THAT i think in sports there's fake outrage for. This and this goes on all. Sides people want to make a point about something else and then they use a sport they don't even care about to get very angry about. It you, Know i'm NOT i have many examples of that over the last few. Years BUT i do wonder. TOO i, mean If I'M uk women's, basketball WHAT i care about Is i've had a core group of fans for a long time that have gone to. GAMES i, mean those are the people that On sunday afternoons are there Every. Sunday they're into. It we can get a lot of them at our bar before and after the. Games they are people who women's basketball is a passion to. Them it's not just like something that occasionally they tune. Into AND i would be very Intent ryan on knowing what those people, feel, Right AND i don't know what that answer is Because i'm not gonna claim to be dialed in with that group, completely but that would be WHAT i was interested. IN i, think as is often the, Case like let me give, example if you went On twitter last year in Like, march you would have thought the fan base was divided fifty to. Fifty on COW i Think drew that number was like eighty twenty against, him but online it might have seemed fifty to. FIFTY i just can't don't have a Sense ryan of whether or not the actual fan base is. DIVIDED i agree With. DREW i think there's a lot of people don't even know this, happened you know WHAT i? Mean, LIKE i think you have to be sort of dialed in to even know that it.
Speaker 2: Happened, YEAH i agree with. That probably a lot of people don't know what's. Happened but for the core fan base this is a big, deal it seems, like and it's another.
Speaker 4: Way why do you say? That, Like I'm i'm not disagreeing with, you but why do you say the core women's fan base is upset about do you feel like you have a pulse on? Them BECAUSE i.
Speaker 2: Don't, No i'm just going on WHAT i, hear and you, know just people want.
Speaker 4: To see what you hear from, Where like give me an, Example.
Speaker 2: Well LIKE i just If i'm going out in, town LIKE i go to the bank or, something and That's they're not talking about the transfer portal or not talking about what THE uk Bask men's team just. Did they're talking about this.
Speaker 4: Cast people are talking about.
Speaker 2: This, yes yeah they had they are right. Now it's such a hot button. TOPIC i think at the, MOMENT i think it'll definite. Past.
Speaker 4: YEAH i GUESS i hadn't realized. That maybe you're right on a personal. LEVEL I i it's weird because this show is almost split too. Too shane AND i seem to Understand, Ye drew And ryan seem to be. Frustrated What's billy's take on, It, shannon maybe he can break the.
Speaker 3: TIME i Think billy is on our, Side, MATT i think that you know He, NO i THINK i don't want to speak FOR i Believe i'm right WHEN i say.
Speaker 4: IT i don't know IF i want to line up with the pre show against.
Speaker 2: THAT i, MEAN i think the fans are still going to Support kenny and the women's, program BUT i think they're very unhappy with this decision that he.
Speaker 4: Made but here's my. Question are they very upset that the other girl was that to leave? Too because if they're, not that's hypocritical to. Me it is if you're not upset at. Both if you're upset at both of, them fair, Enough but if you're only picking, one to, me that's hypocritical just because the one girl's From? Kentucky was that really what you?
Speaker 5: Believe?
Speaker 4: LIKE i, mean do you WANT i don't. KNOW i mean to, me if you want to be upset about, both if you want to take the position that if a kid plays here for three, years you should never ask him to, LEAVE i accept that that's a reasonable. Position but if you pick one and not the, OTHER i do have a question of why you doing? THAT i, mean the the other girl gave just as much the program as she.
Speaker 2: Did would it be the other girl was here just one year And cassidy's been here three. Years in addition to her being.
Speaker 4: The other girl was here two, years, right she was here one year with but.
Speaker 6: With, no she's been here three years as she so she's been.
Speaker 4: Here three years and the. Other and part of the thing is we don't even know how long she's been. Here so why is one of them a big deal just because where she's? From? Well is that? Really but is that? FAIR i, mean Does Otega away love this program less Than Dante allen because he's not from?
Speaker 2: Here probably, Not probably loves it the.
Speaker 4: SAME i, mean all those guys were, Crying, Lamont butler And, carr none of them are from. Here, yeah SO i don't know if You're if you feel that way about both of, them THEN i get. It but it's weird that there's outrage on one and not the. Other we'll take a. Break take your. Calls right after. This IT'S. KOSR.
Speaker 6: Tj, smith personal injury attorney CALLED. Tj he'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more Of Kentucky Sports radio presented By Stockton. Mortgage Here's Matt.
Speaker 4: Jones welcome, back tell you Sports. Radio. Ryan i'm very happy they got rid of the chain gang in THE. NFL i saw. That it's Now i've been on this for ten, years yep at, least and now they're at least gonna use. Electronics the chain gang will be a. Backup. Uh But i've always thought this was, stupid and it seems like we're finally moving in the right. Direction now we need to do it for college football as. Well But i'm happy about. It.
Speaker 2: Well that the technology has been there and why they've refused to use it up until this point is a little. Puzzling, Yes i'm told.
Speaker 3: That for the people that lost their, jobs, though what do they do? Now what's the change they going to?
Speaker 5: Do, well they're all seventy five years old from WHAT i can tell Watching.
Speaker 4: GAMESGOW i, mean when we went to, computers the people that made typewriters lost their job. Too sometimes we just have to. GOOD i, mean there'll be people who have to operate the. Electronics now that'll be a job's.
Speaker 3: Right do you think seventy five year olds can operate? ELECTRONICS i, MEAN i don't.
Speaker 4: Know MAYBE i have to teach, them. RIGHT i don't know one person that wrote writes in on the text. Machine, Matt what the heck are you rambling? About of, course a kid From kentucky has an innate love FOR uk basketball on a deeper level than some kid from out of. State, maybe or maybe. NOT i mean like you don't. KNOW i, mean, again we don't know these. People i'm sure she, does but how do you know that other girl? Doesn't she was here three years. Too SO i, MEAN i Think Travis perry And Trent noah have an innate love For kentucky. BASKETBALL i also think that we have a history of a lot of dudes Like Kenny, walker who didn't grow up here and who still lives Here ryan and who has an innate love For kentucky. Basketball, Right SO i, MEAN i DON'T i think growing up here gives you a head, start but it doesn't mean that you're not gonna immediately fall in love with, it even if you're not from.
Speaker 2: Here So i'm not saying this is somebody sent this to, me AND i want you to hear you guys.
Speaker 4: Opinion oh here we, Go. Shanon he's not, saying he's not, saying but he's, Saying, okay.
Speaker 2: It's the text kind of. Read you, know you guys always say When kentucky's are, down we're the first To linda helping. Hand, well she's A. Kentuckian should we even be able to you, know kind of also lend a helping hand to her for her senior year to finish school be On.
Speaker 4: Scoen but that's a different. Issue there's a different issue to me about whether or not the basketball team and then what is? It is she going to LIKE Pt school or something like?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 4: UH i, mean if the university wants to honor like an academic scholarship for her to go TO Pt, School i'm fine with. THAT i don't know her exact. Situation, listen if it were up to, me everybody From kentucky would get to go to college for. Free and that may be, socialist BUT i don't. CARE i actually think we should find a way to do that as, So i'm fine with her going to college like OR Pt school for. Free that's a different question though than the amount OF ncaa scholarships you get to have on your basketball. TEAM i do not Think drew that the reasoning for having her on the basketball team should be that she can go TO Pt? School? Right if she should be on the basketball team or not based on basketball?
Speaker 5: Reasons, Yeah and REALLY i think a lot of This Kenny brooks comments about her before the year are working against him now because he said something LIKE i met with her to talk about the portal and she was crying about her experience At kentucky and she had blue tears and how meant so much to. HER i wonder if he wishes he hadn't have said that out loud. Conversation i've been out of the loop a little. Bit has he said anything about it?
Speaker 4: Yet? Nothing don't you think everybody owes it to at least hear? Him shannon one way or the.
Speaker 3: Other, YEAH i think you should speak on.
Speaker 4: IT i, mean why do we Hear Mark pope And Kenny brooks will at some point do press conferences about their portal. Class he will be asked about, This AND i do think there's a Level ryan of people should give him the courtesy to be able to talk about. It i've asked to have those guys. On the university has respectfully, said can we wait till after we get our portal. CLASS i think that's a legitimate, weight because they can't really talk about these, guys and that's what part men and. Women but LIKE i do Think, ryan there's a level of like you should at least hear his side of. It to the extent he may not even feel like he can say anything out of respect to, HER i don't. Know you, KNOW i don't. KNOW i don't know what's gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen so that's, true he's not said a. WORD i think we owe him that dignity to allow least let him answer to why this decision was.
Speaker 4: Made, yeah all, right who's up, Next?
Speaker 3: Caleb?
Speaker 4: Caleb go, Ahead.
Speaker 11: Caleb, hey good, morning. Guys just wanted to wish happy birthday to a fellow listener and best, Friend Austin lindsay up In Boone. County, SECOND i wanted to ask, you. GUYS i know it's probably not his priority to not get the big, recruits but do you think getting these guys from smaller schools and maybe thirty through fifty on the transferred portal kind of shields them from that scrutiny if we had given them a whole bunch of nil.
Speaker 4: Money, WELL i mean there is some of. That when you give a guy a ton of, money there is a lot of. SCRUTINY i wonder if the rankings people for these portal if like, so when kids come out of high, school ranking is not an exact, science but you get to see them play against each. Other andrew AND i have talked about this over, time you kind of see who's better and who's.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 4: Right it's not, scientific but it's pretty. Good but my question, is how do you rank the leading score At Kennesaw state versus the guy that's averaging twelve points at At? Nevada, like how in the world do you rank? That? Drew how in the world could you figure that? Out and unlike THE, nba where you have a combine and guys play each, other you have, workout how do you decide who's better the dude At Washington state or the dude At. DREXEL i don't. Know AND i think if you look at the rankings last Year, drew they weren't very. Good BUT i think it's in part because it's a very hard science on these transfer.
Speaker 5: Rankings, YEAH i remember last, year you know you're considering one, guy like when they were looking at Chas, Lanier it's, like, WELL i, mean you put up a bunch of numbers down At florida.
Speaker 6: Whatever he was. At how does that?
Speaker 5: Translate and then you Got Otaka away who was ranked forty something and he comes in he's all second team all Sec amari WAS i want to, say like number seventy three in the portal rankings at one, point yeah three Franked.
Speaker 4: God Besides, almanor and he was maybe our most important. PLAYER i just think it's really, hard AND i appreciate the call in the in the, Portal, RYN i just think it's really hard to. Know you, know when you went and Saw Anthony, davis you knew he was the best player In. America it was. Clear but when you get to these guys that are not NECESSARILY nba, players and they each have different skill, SETS i do think it becomes very hard to know who's great and who's.
Speaker 2: Not that's WHY i always will praise poping his staff for this first, class because they recruited guys to fit their. System like they A mario was maybe ranked seventy, third but they knew he could do what they wanted that guy to do at the five, spot dribble the basketball and make good. Passes they were very distinctive about who they were going to bring.
Speaker 4: In so that's partially, Why like you, KNOW i Mean Aiden, MAHONEY i thought when we lost him last, YEAR i thought that was a huge. LOSS i was like that we need that. Guy he averaged four points a game this year For shannon For yukon for he didn't even get off the. Pitch so who knows who's? Next?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 4: Jack go, Ahead?
Speaker 8: Jack hell IF I i was wondering if any one of you picked up on. This during The Duke alabama game this past, weekend the color analysts made the following. Statement he said that If duke were to win the national, Championship John shire would be the only coach IN ncaa history to not only play for a national, champion but coach a national championship team in his alma. Mater that's, False.
Speaker 4: Okay What JOE? B JOE? B, yeah So joe by which national champion team did job play?
Speaker 8: On it was either the forty eight or forty nine team with the fabulous?
Speaker 2: Five was?
Speaker 4: He did he play that? Long he doesn't feel like he was that? Old was? He when Did JOE? B? Play he looked that? Up he, was, well we'll look it. UP i appreciate the. Call you may be right about, THAT i. Did, YEAH i appreciate the. Call what to look it? UP i don't feel like was he that old that he played on that Forty he played At. Kentucky, yes he played At kentucky forty, eight forty, nine and then he played At. SWANEE i didn't realize that he played one year At kentucky and then he went To. Swanee did you know?
Speaker 2: THAT i did not know.
Speaker 4: That So, shannon is he A uk player if he didn't finish his career At? Kentucky course he. Is.
Speaker 3: YEAH i mean yeah to, me if you played one, game or even if you were on the team for one, game you're a.
Speaker 4: Cat that's an interesting. THING i don't THINK i ever knew that he didn't finish his career At.
Speaker 6: Kentucky so the next time you make a, statement, point is that?
Speaker 4: Right so the next time we make a statement that a kid lived at Leaves kentucky and he must not love, it remember that JOE. B Hallift.
Speaker 5: KENTUCKY i think you're gonna lose that argument if a test.
Speaker 4: Process So Joey all played one year of varsity Basketball kentucky and then he transferred to Swan he then toured with The Harlem.
Speaker 2: GLOBETROTTERS i never never heard.
Speaker 4: That did anybody Know Chubby hall was on The Harlem.
Speaker 2: Globetrotters, NO i did not know that till you just said.
Speaker 6: It you sure wasn't The Harlem.
Speaker 4: Globetrotters, wait he had to have played for The. Generals he did not play for The Harlem Globe.
Speaker 2: Truts he played for The. Generals yeah, to he toured with, him but he turned as part of The Washington. Generals, No i'm just saying he definitely would not have been on The HaLeom Globe trotter had he been on The Washington. Generals.
Speaker 4: Wow well you, boy you learned something new every. Day all, right let's take a. Break we'll be right. Back this Is Kentucky Sports. Radio welcome, Back Tekey Sports. Radio shannon AND i get on TikTok and then sometimes like these like musicians just get my algorithm and LIKE i just see it. Over so this dude is named what's name Like Niko, moon is that? Right and you AND i know this Song fishing in The, Dark well he has a. VERSION i only see the live, version and it's like they make it like a dance version of, this, right and it like they turn it up right, here see if they do it.
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: Right so you see What i'm, Saying like they turn it into almost like A i don't know what you would call, this like beach technoy and something.
Speaker 3: Like modernize a modernized version of the, song like.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's just a little. Bit but like this, dude if you look at, him he looks like SOMEBODY i would just not like at, All like you, KNOW i, MEAN i don't know what it is about, him but he's like wearing shorts and he's like, acting he's like act like he's a hip hop. Guy BUT i have to say this version of the song when it comes up with my, TikTok the crowds are going. Insane he is he's coming To, LEXINGTON i, Think And i've not seen one song by him that's not this, right SO i have to assume he's not good besides. This but the question would be for, Me, shannon would you go to a concert to see one? Song like you, said LIKE i enjoyed, This i'm gonna sit through all of this from a person THAT i think objectively looks like he would annoy. Me no for one? Thing, no would you do? That?
Speaker 3: No, No, NO i mean that's the, Case like you, know for an opening, band like you might get there early for a concert of another band that you actually want to. See you might get there early to see this guy sing this one. Song but for an entire. Concert, no what about?
Speaker 4: You? Right would you go see a concert for one?
Speaker 2: Person no, Way, nope for one not doing, it not for one. Song the popper song is gonna be the last song he.
Speaker 6: Plays i'd, go and my friend's. GOING i don't.
Speaker 5: Care i'll do Whatever i'm in for whatever the group's, doing if my buddies are.
Speaker 6: Going i've been to A Dirk's.
Speaker 5: Bentley concert AND i don't like any of his, music so, yeah i'd. Go they're serving.
Speaker 4: Beer, Yeah Dirk's bentley's wife tried to fix me up, once SO i THINK i would go see him for just for.
Speaker 6: That it's a terrible, concert by the.
Speaker 4: Way, yeah it was At Bobby bone's, Wedding LIKE i just just recently become, single and she was, like we're gonna fix you up. Tonight didn't, Happen, shanton but, NEVERTHELESS i appreciated the.
Speaker 3: Effort you know, WHAT i don't believe Anything Dirk's bentley wife ever tells.
Speaker 4: You, no she was very. Nice don't you be saying that About dirk S bentley's. Wife she was extremely nice to me, though no shot that she. Tried you, know this was a celebrity. THING i don't know that there was somebody would to me. ANYWAY i don't Think i'll, go BUT i do see that dude on TikTok all the. Time If i'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty. Seven one person, Writes, matt if it were men's, basketball do you think people would be harsher about the scholarship thing because they would want us to have a full roster of great, players? RIGHT i kind of think they. WOULD i think. THAT i, think like you, KNOW i think there would be there's much more of a we see it as cutthroat with the men more than we do with the. Women do you agree with?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: YEAH i don't know WHY i, agree BUT i THINK i. Do if this WAS uh Coach, pope if he even Cut Travis, PERRY i think there there would be some, outrage but not as much As i'm feeling For Cassidy row right.
Speaker 5: Now it's not a, lot but there are people online Saying Travis perry can't play. HERE i, mean it's kind of you saying he doesn't Love, kentucky doesn't deserve a spot missed all time leading.
Speaker 6: Score it's a small, group but those.
Speaker 4: Shitimately angry about. It brian are you, LIKE i don't AM i reading that?
Speaker 2: Correctly i'm not, angry But I'm I'm i'm more leading to the side that he shouldn't have done.
Speaker 4: It but you're not angry because you SEEM i know you and it seems like there's like it seems like you would yell At Kinny brooks if he walked. In would? You would you scream at him if he if he came?
Speaker 2: In, no you, know you got to ask those hard. Questions BUT i wouldn't scream at, him.
Speaker 4: And you'd be you'd be the journalist.
Speaker 2: Though oh, YEAH i put my hat.
Speaker 3: On you could probably.
Speaker 4: We have he, man can't you know What he's gonna do, shit and he's gonna get under the. Table she's Gonna i'm gonna be the one that has to ask the question because mister hard you know over there.
Speaker 3: You always give him one. Question you should just save it till the, end not even save, it you know.
Speaker 4: What that's exactly. Right we'll see how tough you, are, Right we'll see how tough you asked the. Question you get to ask the question when we do the. Interview how?
Speaker 2: Gotcha i'm on it all?
Speaker 4: Right, yes, spot who's? Next, Scott, scott go, Ahead, Scott, Hey.
Speaker 12: Uh so you KNOW i hate To scoop missed a shot on. Mcgoon uh you, KNOW i mean The Blue magoon would have been the most glorious of all. Nicknames goon.
Speaker 4: Squad it would have been, Great, yes goon.
Speaker 12: SQUAD i mean question for, You. Matt on the pre, Show billy said he would consider getting A Matt jones. Tattoo if you've got A Billy rutleds, Tattoo i'm just, curious and there're any amount of money or any circumstances that would convince you to take him.
Speaker 4: Up ON i heard that. CONVERSATION i would never Get billy's name on my. Body, EVER i don't THINK i would ever get a. Tattoo there's a world WHERE i, could like IF i had to get a tattoo of like THE ksr logo or something SINCE i started, it But i'm not GETTING i generally have a Belief i'm not getting any person's name on my body because with the exception of my, mom like anybody could go out of your, life so like it's not.
Speaker 12: Happening, yeah, well speaking of THE ksr, Logo i'm just curious if you could tell the story about your caricature. ARTWORK i love that, picture just.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah the guys That Kentucky branded did it. ONCE i appreciate the. Call we were looking for something for A t shirt And, ron do you remember who drew? That because it's a great. Piece it's lived with us. Forever it's a great little.
Speaker 2: Drawing he was a cartoonist With Walt Disney, world is ALL i. Remember they contracted out and had this guy do.
Speaker 4: It, yeah it was the original owners Of Kentucky branded did, it and we've been using it ever. Since AND I i love that. PICTURE i think it's. UH i think it's like one of the cooler things we've. DONE i like that lego picture too that you sent Me, ryan except it had me as. Married it had me with a wedding. Ring where did that come?
Speaker 2: FROM i didn't catch, That but like a lot of the people on THIS i think.
Speaker 4: Does A i Think i'm married somehow they're not telling. ME i didn't know.
Speaker 5: That WH i did to take my wedding ring? Off Because i'm wear in a shirt that Says. LISA i had to sleep on the couch last. Night Who's lisa's WHAT i?
Speaker 6: Hear WHEN i get.
Speaker 4: Home, hey, folks the KS R Golf scramble is on sale. Now there are there's two. Courses one of the courses is, full but we got a handful of spots In lexington at the other one at The University. Club it's gonna be our biggest one. YET i can't wait to do. It but there are a handful of. Spots i'll tweet out the link later this. Afternoon But, Drew, well you can maybe tweet it now if you will wind. It but the KS R Golf scream we. Got it's a handful of spots. Left go ahead and fill them up and it's gonna Be it's gonna be an awesome. Day hopefully the weather's. Good it's what at the end Of? May is that Where may? Thirtieth that's exactly. Right who's? Next?
Speaker 2: Justin?
Speaker 4: Justin go? Ahead?
Speaker 10: Justin, YEAH i was JUST i don't understand all the frustration That kenny's getting on the. End if he's doing what's best to make the program, BETTER i feel like the people that are upset are the ones that still believe in participation.
Speaker 4: Trophies so, WELL i appreciate the. CALL i don't know if it's participation, trophies but you know there. Are it'd be. Interesting it would be interesting to me for me to, see BECAUSE i do think it's a wide different types of people that are. Upset and then THERE'S i don't like being aligned though With shannon And billy Against ryan And. DREW i feel Like shannon And billy do not have hearts And ryan And drew, do so that makes me feel kind of. Weird let's, quickly who's? Next one? More, Alan, Alan we got about forty five. Seconds go.
Speaker 13: Ahead have you CONSIDERED i think it's good on it and you.
Speaker 3: Consider getting a phone that?
Speaker 4: Works that was very. Mean that was shinning that said that not. Me, UH i appreciate the. Call i'm not a play by playing. Guy that's. Okay. Uh by the, Way Supreme court upholds AN fda order barring retail holders from shop from marketing flavored cigarettes to. Teenagers that feels like a good a good. RULE Voa Mid states is part Of volunteers Of. America they have a new house In, Louisville kentucky in. Downtown they help thousands of women's and families Across kentucky recover and. Rebuild IT'S Voa Mid states whoever you, are wherever they're, there they're there to help at voamid dot. Org thank you all very. MUCH i will see you in two and a half. Weeks hopefully we have a. Team enjoy drew Up palooza AND i am headed to The. Netherlands this has Been Kentucky Sports. Radio