Speaker 1: Can I tell you something? Go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gone for twenty four hours, but I missed the hell out of you. Yeah I did, I really did, And I thought about you, and the whole time I was in Columbus, I thought.
Speaker 1: You're a safety that my boy. I thought.
Speaker 2: I had to get dinner with the boys Friday night. Yeah, obviously it was an absolute amazing situation to go suit them.
Speaker 1: I had dinner with.
Speaker 2: McAfee, aj Hawk, kirkurb Street, his son, this guy named Georgie, who I love and they refer to him as Georgie before I could even real flip in an e on him.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Georgie was a beautician.
Speaker 2: This guy named Darren who's with Wheels up the Phenomenal Crew.
Speaker 1: Great guys.
Speaker 2: They do steakhouses the way you want to do steakhouses. The steaks are merely the star on a Christmas tree. Yeah, but the appies and the sides, that's the lights, and that's the ornaments, you know what I'm saying. That's the real meat and potatoes is what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: That was a good dinner. It was a good dinner.
Speaker 2: It was great the boys, obviously, they were very inviting and it was loving but I thought to myself as on walking zero point two miles away, I was like, damn.
Speaker 1: I really wish the boy was here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did talk right before you went in there. I know, I know you're with Sarule ripping it up. Do you mind throwing on that Chevy for me real quick?
Speaker 1: So are we rolling? Oh? We're absolutely rolling.
Speaker 3: Is brought to you by the greatest truck ever created, Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 1: That's right, dude.
Speaker 2: And at the Chevy Silverado, a lot of people are starting to see the contenders. Who's really going to be Who's who in the zoo in the NFL Season one people that are never contenders, Oh, never pretenders and always contenders.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna say, the Michigan Wolverines. I know you're going to NFL there and go to college.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: We're comparing the Chevy Silverado to a team and that at the collegiate level. That's out there right now, the pretenders separating themselves as contenders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the Michigan wolver The Michian Wolverine is the Chevy Silverado with the Bay ten. You heard it from Will Compton, Nebraska alum. Dude, Silverado shows up week in and week out with unstoppable great and determination.
Speaker 1: The Wolverines Heavy.
Speaker 2: Silverado is the old tailgate Flex with available multi flex tailgate and power outlet built right into the bed. The first ever ZR two is the ultimate off road machine. My boy Willie's got that.
Speaker 1: It's standing.
Speaker 2: It's an outstanding vehicle, drives like a dream too. You think off road vehicles don't gonna do too well in the cement, phenomenal handling.
Speaker 3: If we have wives that listen to this pot and the hubbies out there listening right now, all the boys like if you have a.
Speaker 1: White hubbies who have hubbies, keep laying right, if you have.
Speaker 3: Somebody who can spend that coin on you a little bit. Yeah you asked for the ZR two Chevy Silverado. I'm telling you it is my favorite vehicle I've ever had in my life, and I'll probably I think to myself, I want to keep this forever because I want it to become one of those like what do they call it an heirloom like the antique trucks where people look back to like, oh do you got Yeah? You know, I'm not really like a truck's aviol like that, But I want one of them.
Speaker 1: Sorill thirty five years old.
Speaker 2: Everyone wants to the ZR two and everyone she's like, my dad actually has one, all original parts and still runs like a dream.
Speaker 1: That's four one thousand miles on us.
Speaker 2: They see four thousand miles just to take care of because actually, you treat you like it still runs every single day.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: From tailgates and stadium's uh stadium lots to off road adventures, Chevy Silverado has you covered. Please head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Silverado will. That might have been our finest adway we've ever had in our entire life. But you really sparked a flame. You really sparked a flame by talking about the Michigan Wolverines. Can we just get a round of a pause?
Speaker 1: Mitch out of respect, just out of respect, But it's not Mitch's Ohio State guy.
Speaker 3: He picked him on in the Cuba when he was young and rowed with him ever since. Yep, he respect heads off to him. He as an Ohio State guy. That was an ass whooping. It was incredible.
Speaker 4: It was closed in they it was closing the first half. It's a good game throughout the in like the third quarter.
Speaker 3: What if I said all year, that's where I personally want to give you your flowers, saying that you were correct about that. Like obviously, when stuff like that happens and you're saying it's the best second half team of all time. They're doing it against all the you know the schmucks that they're smacking. Yeah, when they did it against Ohio State, I'm sitting back. I'm watching the game because I'm rooting for Blue like I just want you, and they're not playing corn whoever.
Speaker 1: To win that game.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be a dominant performance because we truly need somebody to represent the Big Ten. And with that said, hats off the Michigan is that second half team. Dude, is that second half team, and we need them in the biggest way.
Speaker 1: To represent us in the college football playoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what I found out too, And I'm gonna We're gonna stick on the Michigan for a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I need to give Columbus some flowers.
Speaker 2: I need to give Ahouse States and flowers too, because they actually deserve it. It sounds wild, but I'm not here to burn bridges I'm actually here to build them up because they really support the boys out there in Columbus. Everybody in the Big t Yes, oh boys, Oh it's the boy. Yeah. I will absolutely get into all that with you. But I will say now that the game is over, and I know this might be blasphemous, but Columbus, you need to support the boys in ann Arbor to represent the Big Ten. They're being disrespected. The SEC is God right now, Let's call it what it is. It's a David and Golai situation. It's Georgia versus everybody else. I know South Carolina had a phenomenal job nominal ending.
Speaker 1: To the season.
Speaker 2: That really is gonna take you guys maybe to a top tier SEC team in the future. We do definitely need he needs to talk about it. Oh yeah, we have to show respect. But this is it was unbelievable. I was driving back Vanessa. I stayed for the first quarter. I had to book out there because your boy had to get home to see his kids. As I'm driving my old man who drove with me, he's like, whatever it was. It was twenty seventeen at the end of a half, and I literally thought to myself, good it's close. Yeah, that means it's over. And then sure enough that I truly in my heart of I've like when I left Michigan, I actually hated Michigan, couldn't stand Michigan. But as I got older and I learned, maybe hit the therapy a little bit to talk to doctor Schwartz for a little bit. We put away the mom issues and really tackled those college issues for a little bit, and it was really more me than it was them. Right, So now I'm realized, I'm like, I'm really watching Michigan and I said, for the whole year, they're a second half team. I truly believe like we have a dominant coaching staff hardball and that what he's doing, especially if the on line coach I coached more, I believe his name is absolute stud. I had O Lineman after the game text me and be like, that was for all of you, alum, that was for all you guys, And I was like.
Speaker 1: So, fuck, isn't that fucking cool?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure they're just saying it, because they're probably just saying it, but it was outstanding.
Speaker 1: To hear that.
Speaker 3: If you're a player and you get on the bus after the game and you're shooting off your text like you got a shitload of texts if they're taking a helmet to write that out, whether or not it's bullshit or not, like that's.
Speaker 1: That's special. Intentional. Yeah, they're doing that intentional, Yes, and I think they have that in mind, thinking like we're fucking i mean, dude, how long has it been two years in a row and then winning at Ohio State for the first time since two thousand, That's what I'm saying. It was iconic.
Speaker 3: Did did they went back to back in two thousand? Or was that the last time they won ATAHA? Was the last time they won out AHOs State? Because we beating the hosts even longer with them back to back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean before and before last year o High State won seventh straight and fifteen of sixteen. So this is like the first time Michigan one back to back and probably closer to twenty.
Speaker 3: And that doesn't hit you until after the game, like you're so focused on the game, Like I'm sure they're hearing stuff like that, like oh, it's gonna be dope, like let's win blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But they're winning for each other.
Speaker 3: But after the game when everything's sitting in, everything is sinking in. They're like, yo, we legitimately accomplish something. Like I think back to the spring tour when we interview Blake Korum, God bless him, Like they beat him without.
Speaker 1: Blake Korum, they beat him, and they beat him in a way that no one thought mischieven. Had they didn't beat him in the air.
Speaker 2: I my mind was like, hey, there's got to manage the clock and keep their offense off the field. Legit their defense at HATS I was like, we got to keep their offense off the field.
Speaker 3: They're really doing something right strategy by hey, Ohio State, Like yeah, let's see if they can beat us in the air.
Speaker 1: Like that was the right move.
Speaker 3: But like again, like talking to Blake Koram and you could just hear it the way he wanted him and I'm assuming everybody else shares the same intention as like they wanted to change and beat Oha State, Like yeah, I don't want to go there.
Speaker 1: I want to beat them.
Speaker 3: Like they get to now sit back, not now like obviously that the job is now finished. It's just starting, right, but you get the after the game, you sit back and you're like, yo, we really fucking accomplish something that hasn't been done in decades.
Speaker 2: Decades, plural with an at the end of goose bumps. It's incredible. It is for the boys. Extremely happy for the boys. But we need everybody who listens to this podcast, whatever Big Ten team you're root for, like we're all one team now, Well we still Purdue and Michigan still to play the Bay Tens.
Speaker 3: No, no, Purdue, Dina, Dennis Kelly, he's a big listener to the pod, but even.
Speaker 1: Jordan Ruse also.
Speaker 3: I respect the Purdue ball club, but we need we need good representation in the Big Ten, like we need everybody in the Big Ten players, fans alike. We put the sword down and we have to back Michigan. This is Michigan against everybody. Dude needs to throw this Big Ten game.
Speaker 1: Yes, not not throw it, but their coaches need to be talking with the Michigan coaches back, Hey, well what looks do you want to see? Yeah? What do you want to see? Like our game plan?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: Who do you want?
Speaker 3: Like they need to they need to be impersonating in Georgia. This needs to be a tune up game to get in the College Football Playoff and ultimately they're probably not gonna play Georgia because Michigan is gonna be the number two. Georgia is gonna be number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, looking at it right now as the standings are, i'mretty sure it's gonna be Michigan TCU. No, Michigan US wins. CCU will be three, They will be three. USC's gonna be four. Now there's a there's a world where Ohio State steaks to these playoffs?
Speaker 1: Is a you think five?
Speaker 4: I saw something that was like, Georgia has a ninety nine percent chance to go in, uh, Michigan has a ninety seven and Ohio State has the third best chance in eighty eight percent chance to get into there.
Speaker 1: That crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't As an Ohio State fan, I don't necessarily agree with that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't care when as a Big Tens fan, I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with that. And again I'm not bullshitting Purdue. Draw up scout team cards, whatever Michigan wants you to do this weekend in the Big Ten Championship, and let's start prepping for who we think we're gonna play in the College Football Playoff, and I think that will be TCU, so let's are getting ready for that high powered offense. We need the TCU looks on defense. We need the TCU looks on offense.
Speaker 1: Perdue.
Speaker 3: If you're listening right now, which I'm sure you are, boiler up, help us out. Yeah, we've got to We've got to secure this. With that said, because I know I just big time stand Michigan. Listen, that's who I'm rooting for. You guys carrying this responsibility. If you guys embarrassed the Big Ten again in the college football playoff.
Speaker 1: That is on you. That is on you, and that is on Dave Portnoy. Wow.
Speaker 3: As the two Michigan guys out there trying to carry this flag.
Speaker 1: We are we as fans, we are carrying the flag.
Speaker 3: That is on you, guys, first and foremost, because you're calling for I've seen Dave.
Speaker 1: I've seen Dave say we will bear this cross. I've seen you. We're sitting here, we're all chip. I will bear the cross.
Speaker 3: If we're asking all of Big Ten country to back you guys, we will do that. But if you guys embarrassed the Big Ten again, that's on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: If Michigan has the same kind of showing they did in the first playoff game.
Speaker 1: That's a tough fucking deal to deal with.
Speaker 2: We had to do a lot of reevaluating, looking in the mirror internally and figuring out how are we going to take that next step to where we can be competitive for a national championship.
Speaker 1: Now we're looking.
Speaker 2: At back to back Bay ten championships, which is outstanding, But you want to get to the top of the mountain, dude, The bulldogs are standing right there and that's who you have to take down.
Speaker 1: Now, let me remind you of one thing.
Speaker 2: When we are at Michigan before the bust and Bowl, we spoke to the strength staff. How impressed for you the strengths staff. That's just a quick answer, one more answer, sir. Elite elite.
Speaker 1: Yes. Now made me think to myself, I wish I had known Taylor earlier because this is I would love to go up there and do all this shit that they're talking about. Assessment wise.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable they have because they're juicing me up for a year eleven, year twelve.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're fifteen, oh, mynd and with that coaching staff, you probably could get that done.
Speaker 1: But were you not motivated. No, no, no, walks away like, oh, we could play for twenty more years when they come back here next week training.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, they are the Michigan strength staff along with the coaching staff. It is the most professionally done setup, the.
Speaker 1: Most like, the way they detailed, the most detailed, the way they assess things, the way they do things in the weight room.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. It is truly truly incredible. Uh, coach, I believe it's herb right.
Speaker 1: We don't have a pull up. Pull it up real quickly.
Speaker 2: We got to send him a bottle of our whiskey too, because he's Yeah, he's a big whiskey face that that big uh man cave garage type set up.
Speaker 1: The MANSHD what men do not.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't been able to get some of that whistle, pig bust and whiskey, it is incredible.
Speaker 1: It truly is a delight in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Ben Herbert, Dude, this guy, first off has top five most intense eyes you've ever seen in your life. A handshake that will make God go WHOA. He is one of those red jacket Yeah, he goes. You need to take that off. I did tell him to tell you that. But I so this is a long winded way of because that was supposed to be a short answer, but we did a long answer, both of us. This is a long way of saying, like I brought up Georgia to them. I told I'd said, hey, that shit was embarrassing last time.
Speaker 1: And he legit.
Speaker 2: He laid down a sort he put his ego side. He goes, yeah, we got bullied, we got dumbing, but we know now, we're aware now and we've been preparing for that.
Speaker 1: They are ready. I and again, I've never been so high on the University of Mission of my entire life as I am right now. Yeah, I mean back to back hops fo a playoff Like I'm.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not even saying I'm not even saying that I'm but if they would have won like they did last year against the Hoose State, still a dominant performance, ran really well, but they took it to the air. They had guys putting burners on and taking it sixty yards for touchdowns. They were showing a different kind of dynamic in their offense that makes you go, this is a fucking complete team. They have the special teams, their defense does nothing flashy. They're gonna be in their gaps. They're gonna edge wall swarm. Their guys are not gonna fuck up. They're not gonna dive off the dining boarder and tackles. They're gonna do it right. And their offense showed us yesterday, which is Sunday by the way, when we're filming this.
Speaker 1: Showed us what's that Yeah, today is Sunday. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They showed us that they can legit win any way they need to.
Speaker 1: And that's all I needed to see.
Speaker 2: I am one willing to bear this cross that the University of Michigan is gonna win the national championship. They are going to win the national championship.
Speaker 3: I truly this is not look ahead, like we will look ahead, Michigan, focus on your shit right now when I will look ahead and get excited Taylor's claiming national title. Listen, I'm with it. I'm ready to sell out again once again. And I truly I want every Big ten fan, if you're on a Big ten team, I want everybody to we need to be in this together, right, we need to be in this together. The minute it's over and it's one, it's like, okay, the target is on Michigan's things. We got to take them down, especially next year September thirtieth, twenty twenty three at Nebraska.
Speaker 1: A down second annual Bustin Bowl. We need that fucking trophy. The Lombardy of college football in the Big Ten needs to happen. And you might be thinking to yourself, I fucking hate Michigan. I would never root for Michigan. I like X, Y and Z team. These are my teams.
Speaker 2: If Michigan wins the national championship, your team automatically got better. By association, the Big Ten is now the best power of five conference there is, and we can fucking ride that train all the way until next season. Then you got a round the back up and see what happens next time. But you have a full offseason to say, oh, I'm a Purdue fan.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys are in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: That's the best. That's the best conference in college football. Yeah, that is something.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know how many points the Michigan put up on Ohio State forty two, forty five. Excuse no, we didn't give up forty five points against Oho State.
Speaker 2: Nebraska, you know also didn't give up forty five points, you know, who Nebraska also didn't give up forty five points two Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait, that's what I'm meant to say. Yeah, I'm meant to say, perfect bitch. Oh if Ohio State and Nebraska played right now and Nebraska's hot right now, there's everyone in the continent and the whole country is lucky they're not playing right now.
Speaker 3: To Butcher a quote from Moneyball, if you don't win the last game, you don't mean shit. We won our last game. I know we're going into the offseason. At El High. We had a statement win.
Speaker 2: More tread on the tires. No no bowl game, even though they already played a bowl game this year. You play, Yeah, we want they don't have to go train for a January one bowl game. More tread on the tires, more me and the bone for next year when Nebraska gets real. Because Matt rules in the building, which I don't want to go to just yet.
Speaker 3: I want to get I want to continue to say that we have taken control of the border between Nebraska and iowaen we now control the cattle industry. It's back and I will like hats off to George Kittle with that. Mami hit me back with and ratiowed me. Yeah, phenomenal, I am. But again, what I Will hated us these last seven years that all we could talk about was the past.
Speaker 1: Now, don't start talking about the past.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about the past, talk about the five Natties that we got in the empty trophy case that you guys have. We can talk about the past you want. Yeah, you got the last seven out of eight. That's fine. We won last.
Speaker 1: You always get your last game. You're only as good as your last game.
Speaker 3: Now again, you want to talk about the best, that's fine, just inclusive the five Natties and our full trophy case compared to you have nothing in your trophy.
Speaker 1: Case and Iowa and Iowa.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna sit there and compare yourself to Nebraska who defeated you, comparison is the thief of joy. Don't take away, don't take away your offseason. You just get back in the way room and you keep working because guess what, when Michigan wins this national championship, you guys just got better too.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: This is literally a therapy session on the bus for the Big Ten. We are coming to take over the entire college football landscape. As a as a conference. This is not just Michigan. This is a conference.
Speaker 3: This is a conference and a movement going into the College World Playoff.
Speaker 1: And again, I respect Perdue.
Speaker 3: I wish they were undefeated too, so we could we could talk about how this.
Speaker 1: Is gonna be some sort of a game. It still could be a game. It could be a better nub. Yeah, we don't need it to be a game. We don't need it to be again, don't want it to be. Nobody wants to be, not even not even Purdue fans want it to be. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure they want to win their little you know, obviously the blind loyalty right now, I'm sure all the Purdue fans like these fucking clowns, dude thinking, then I'm going to root against Purdue this weekend. I trust me. I do understand that. My heart goes out to you guys. I wish I could share that same sentiment. But there's zoom out.
Speaker 1: A little bit. There's a bigger play at hand here, and that's again getting the little Bardy back to back in the big ten, back in the bag tench we talk about Matt Ruleton Nebraska. I would like to be right before we do that, I would like to give Columbus Flowers game time. We erveed this podcast to.
Speaker 2: Bring you another ad read game Time Created by fans for fans. Game Time is ticketing is the ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows. They are guaranteed lowest prices. If you haven't given game tab game Time a shot yet, Blush zoomed in on the words, so it threw me off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh so, all.
Speaker 2: Right, if you haven't given game Time a shot yet, don't know what you're waiting for. You guys are going to love this app. They've got great deals on concerts and NFL tickets. We've had a ton of barstool fans using it hitting us up on socials about the great deals they are getting, so we used to use amazing deals. It's the fastest growing ticketing app in the US. You are going to love it. Download the game Time app, Go to account, Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code busting that's b U S S I N for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms supply download game Time last minute tickets, low prices guaranteed. So thanks buddy, And back to this episode. You already did, No I didn't. I said they're a fire.
Speaker 3: You said I need to give Columbus flowers, and then you continue to talk about how great they were, and.
Speaker 1: I literally said it.
Speaker 2: I said, why I brought up Matt Roles, I want to talk about columb We don't got to.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying in the very beginning, before we talked about the game, I want to talk about my experience of Columbus. That's what I wanted to howl. The people were so nice. The people were incredible. You can double down. The people were a clip.
Speaker 3: This would be a great mom be a great time this week to like him saying him be like you did talk about He's like, no, I don't think I did.
Speaker 2: And then we run him saying that him doing it, Yeah, that'd be phenomenal. People in Columbus are amazing. They were great, They were hospitable, and I thought I was gonna be an absolute shit show.
Speaker 1: Matt Ruhle, No, hang on, if there's more weeds to dive into on the entire trip and experience with the Columbus, what exactly standing out to you where you're like, I've got to give this bouquet in my head in this moment.
Speaker 2: When I had when I was driving away from Columbus, when I was driving into Columbus, I thought it was gonna be Honestly, I thought it was gonna be a shithole. I thought the fans were gonna be mean. I thought I was gonna be like just an awful experience being in there, like can we Some guys were like, hey, fuck you today, but then they would end up with a tighten up or hey I messed with the boys or something like that. There was always insult because Mission and House State are playing, and then it was finish it with a compliment that literally people fuck with busting with the boys in Columbus, Ohio, which I thought in a million years that would not happen.
Speaker 1: Because they're for the boys, but they're just for their boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for the boys, they understand the movement, they understand the movement, they're about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, now the game. Going to the game would be a move Going to the game would be yes, like yeah, he said, like, well it'll be in Michigan next year. We figured it out anyway. Yeah. Side note I Fall Tour is going to be back next year. We'll see.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Matt Rule being the head coach of the University of Nebraska. How does that make you feel when those words come out of my mouth?
Speaker 1: Excited? And again I did my little video.
Speaker 3: I did my video and I talked about why, and there wasn't a whole lot of like I've talked to, like I've talked with.
Speaker 1: Guys, not the name drop, but the also name drop.
Speaker 3: Christian McCaffrey, Amir Doulah, Matti and Itis all had really good things to say about Coach Rule. Amir had a full two minute long voice message to the Husker group chat that we have talking about when he played for Coach Rule last year in Carolina. But I'm fired up, But I'm personally fired up because I know I talked about it. It's been the first time in a long time the Chancellor of the President and the AD have like continuity because usually, like with BO you had Tom Osborne, he was the AD the a D and the Chancellor didn't necessarily not like they didn't see ey to I. But the chancellor, that chancellor at the time was the one who ultimately pushed out Tom Osbourne eventually coach Bow because they brought in a different He brought in his ad that he wanted.
Speaker 1: That ad pushes out. Coach Bow brings in the coach he wanted.
Speaker 3: While that coach, Coach Riley's in there, that ad gets pushed out, a new AD comes in, like trev Alberts came in a couple of years ago, Walle Coach Fross was the wald Coach Fross was the head coach, not that he didn't want coach Frost to win. But again, like you have everybody that's sit in the room, and we just hired the president, mister Ted Carter. Phenomenal resume, Look him up, Google him. He's a stud. They just hired him last year. So everybody is now the number one priority, not the number one I'm saying this because I'm biased of the football program, but everybody knows the priority that it is to bring the Nebraska football back to where it has been in the past. I'm not sitting here talking about nineties and Natties and everything thing else, but just being competitive and not being the fucking doormat of a conference. And I feel like it takes a higher and scanning through and thumbing through being like, we got to find a coach who can coach ball build culture. And I feel like we found that in coach Rule because you look at his history we were talking about on the phone, it's history of Baylor. I want to say, his first year, they start off one and eleven. Next year they were about five hundred, and then the year after that they're eleven and one. You go back to Temple, they start off kind of the same situation. One a game or two or three the first year. After that, you know, they're about a five hundred team, and then after that they're ten and four, eleven and four eleven and three whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But that right there shows you.
Speaker 3: And then you know not to you know, not to quote a mirror, but obviously I'm talking about this stuff that a mirror sad mirrors. Like this dude is. He's a he's gonna build culture, he's gonna build discipline. The guys who are who don't buy in, Like from his experience on Carolina, he kind of weeds those guys out because he's so big on culture and buying into the traditions and everything else. So I'm fired up because again I feel like Trev Alberts take card the chancellor. I'm Jonah Blank to his name. But again, they're sitting there. I trust them, I trust their leadership. We got to sit in the box with the president, we got to meet the president. Obviously we already knew Trev. But it was like, you can tell, like they they know what I feel like, they know what they're doing and I trust them. And if that's who they feel like the guy is, that's my fucking guy, dude.
Speaker 1: And I'm fired up about it. I really am.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, again, there's gonna be a there's gonna be an article in a news There's gonna be something media related probably every day until Nebraska kicks off, because that's just how Nebraska football is. The expectation is gonna be extremely high, probably too high at first, but yeah, I love how.
Speaker 1: We're starting off with hiring coach rule and.
Speaker 2: If you look at his resume with like you're saying, Baylor and Temple, Temple, well how it started, it just progressively got better. We're not expecting I'm not sitting here expecting Nebraska all of a sudden flipp it around and go twelve to zero next year. But They're gonna get better and better and better each year. I fully expect three four years from now, as long as they stay true to matt rule and they let him have the reins and do what he's gonna do based on his experience and what he's done, I expect Nebraska to be back in a big way in half a decade.
Speaker 3: And you know, like that's what he's gonna get to do because he's signed an eight year deal, which is massive.
Speaker 1: By the way, It's like, oh, I mean, is that if you give his other bags back for this bag? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's like eight years. It's like, is that the right thing to do? Like give a coach eight years worth? But again talking about it too, like if you're a head coach, everybody talks about how non desira or undesirable the job is because how hard it is to recruit, the expectation level, YadA, YadA, YadA. Again, he's coming in with a group that picked him together, pushing the wagon the same way, and he's not gonna have to be a coach. It's like, who am I gonna have to please while I'm here? Like, oh shit, they brought it in a new ad. They brought it in, a new chancellor, a new president. Like who's asked, am I gonna have to kiss? He knows he's their guy and he's gonna get to work. You said half a decade, we're gonna be back, no question, in two years.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I hope you're right.
Speaker 3: I know you're not meaning anything malicious, but no, no, no, it wasn't mean anything with me up. I'm like, man, if it takes half a decade, like five years, will I don't think almost forty? Yeah, like I think next year we're we're I want to temper my expectations. I do think we're winning eight games. I think you guys are above five hundred. Okay, that's that's fair. We're going bowling is it is bowling six games?
Speaker 1: That's five hundred.
Speaker 3: Without pulling up the schedule. We won't do that whole thing. That's that is in due time. That is in due time. Yeah, we thought, hey all that.
Speaker 1: Man, hey, we gotta get coach rule on board with the bus and bowl.
Speaker 2: And listen if you're if your coach rule and you're thinking, okay, knowing what I have done in the past, how long it takes. How do I get people excited about them?
Speaker 1: Now? How do I fast track? How do I fast track the excitement for now?
Speaker 2: Well, if you do pull if you do pull up the record, the what the schedule from next year? Minnesota first game, that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell you a lot of conference games out of the gate. That's a tough team. Now that's a w But that's a tough team. That's good.
Speaker 1: Is it too? Out of the thought? It was Minnesota, a couple of whatever, and then Michigan.
Speaker 3: I think it's two conference games out of the gate. I guess we're doing this now, you got to pull it up.
Speaker 1: Just for clarity. I will not give will not give the result of the game. But we're starting off four and oh, I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: This skitter right now, I'm look at this guess right now, we're starting off four and oh with the bust and.
Speaker 1: Bowl on September thirtieth, I'm fired up about it. Boys, it's gonna be huge.
Speaker 2: But yeaha Minnesota, Minnesota, Colorado Boulder those Hey, those boys are too hot to play ball. They ain't got to going there. Northern Northern Illinois. They're the mac right, They're pretty good team in the mac that's a dumb Louisiana Tech. They're not going to be able to come in Nebraska country and be able to handle that kind of business.
Speaker 1: I fully expect a lot of times Nebraska to be four and oh going to the fucking Busting Bowl. Yeah, and if Matt, if you want to get people excited about this season, you being here, you're right until he gives us the coach rule. If you want to get people excited about this season and things going on you in Minnesota, people start to talk. Yeah, all right, Colorado comes in back twelve team but still a Power five conference.
Speaker 2: You win that one. Now there's murmurs going on. You signed this piece of paper. In the spring, when we come in for the bust and Bowl, people are literally gonna be saying, holy shit, we could win that this year. And if he wins the bust and Bowl, if he wins the bust and Bowl in his first year, Nebraska will be back.
Speaker 1: Well. If he wins the defending national championship team, he's the defending national champion team.
Speaker 3: I mean literally, last year we were three points off and some people say the rest told that game. Some people, some people do. We won't talk about that yeah, guys whooped our ass this year.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. It is what it is. Yes, I wish Jack was here. I know me too. You know why he's not here though, because he doesn't want the smoke. He doesn't want to smoke. He doesn't want to smoke. But hey, brother, congratulations South Carolina. Like they really pissed.
Speaker 3: Me off when they lost to MISSOI you know that, you saw the emotion when that happened. I was really on their wagon before that, the bandwagon with them before that, trying to be like, hey, you got a good ball club. Why are you feeling that way. I'll let you explain yourself. But the way you guys have finished the year. I saw the article you commented another two that was posted on barstool. Is South Carolina the best team in the country that nobody knew about late in the year.
Speaker 5: If this is March madness, were the hottest team and we're gonna make a run. But it's not March madness. Is this my turn to speak on South.
Speaker 1: This is your platform.
Speaker 5: How you felt after the Missouri game is how we felt for the last seven years. Seven years ago, it was dark. We were coming off eleven and two win seasons. Then we go seven and six. Spurrier built everything, he gave us a name. Third week into the twenty fifteen season, Spurger leaves us dark. We go three and whatever, three and nine. We're like, all right, who were hiring? There's rumors we're gonna hire rich, We're gonna hire whoever. We get embarrassed. None of those coaches come. We hire Musshamp. We're like, oh, man, we see Mushhamp's resume. He comes in, takes us to a bowl game. Year one, lightness, creeping in year two, nine wins.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're.
Speaker 5: Coming back your three darkness. We just slowly declined, decline to climb. We have dogs, we have Debo, we have Hayden, we have Jave and Kim Law, we have j. C.
Speaker 1: Horn. But no wins. We leave, we lose.
Speaker 5: We're winning three games again. We're like, man, where are we gonna go from here? In twenty fifteen, while we were in the darkness, there was a young man by the name of Shane Beemer waiting for this moment. He was in South Carolina, whisperer in the light, and now he was at Oklahoma, prepping, prepping for the moment of this season.
Speaker 1: Hey, this season.
Speaker 5: Come on the beginning of the year, they're like, oh, no, Shane Beemer. Maybe he wasn't the guy. He heard it. He addressed hearing these rumors. Midway through, we get a big win over A and M. Beamer is our guy, South Carolina, We're coming back. Then Missouri happens. Oh no, hey, back against the wall. We were being written off. What's the record at this point where let's see Missouri we need to check. But this is like classic South Carolina. We beat A and M for the first time program history.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was mad at JP. I'm like, why are you not? Like I say, hey, how do you feel about this Missouri game? He's like, oh, I don't know. I'm like, bro, like, how are you not excited?
Speaker 3: Like they seem like they're a good fucking team, Like, why are you not excited?
Speaker 1: And then they did They lost to Miszoo. I was like, yo, you guys fucking suck.
Speaker 2: You could feel it in South Carolina during the Tennessee game. I think it was like four minutes left in the game. They're up like twenty eight points in the finished score a touchdown. You can feel see him go oh No, they're gonna go back, gonna happen again.
Speaker 5: But dude, we lose to Missouri, it's like, oh God, barely score any points. Then we go to Florida in the swamp, don't score an offensive touchdown. Our punter had the same amount of passing yards to Spencer Raller until like the fourth quarter of the game scored like nineteen combined points. Tennessee just when it's like everybody on college game Day picked Tennessee. What happened, Yeah, they're the five team of the country. Honestly hung a sixty burger on him. Shane Bieber didn't care they wrote him off. He didn't right back the next week.
Speaker 1: What they do. Everybody picks Clemson.
Speaker 5: Shane Bieber, he picked the game Cocks, he picked Spencer Rattler, he picked all of the boys and a going into next year, we should be favored to finish top two or three in the SEC and the game Cocks are back. What do you feel like that depends on like Rattler staying, yeah, we definitely need Ralliers stay. And I think they've just have given a confidence to the team that like we haven't had, like guys saying they're going to drop their nuts on on dudes. That was like Spurriers teams DJ swearingery.
Speaker 1: So I go, I go.
Speaker 5: And now we're saying we're gonna drop our nuts and like that's a good sign the goons are coming back.
Speaker 1: You need the goons duns.
Speaker 2: So you you think Rattler has the opportunity to leave when your punter is the only person to score points and against Florida, like his last two games have been incredible.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you. There's just like you know, we're actually.
Speaker 3: Saying that too, like media, like, yeah, people are talking about him potentially like leaving.
Speaker 1: I have no clue what's he going to be draft?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I don't know what the quarterback draft class looks like this year compared to what it would be next year. Yeah, and like he's a good combine guy, like he has a strong armies, fast whatever. But I mean, if he stays another year and has a year similar to these last two weeks, it could be a top round draft choice.
Speaker 3: I like their colors. I like the logo. I like the camp I love the logo. It seems like the game, the atmosphere. You guys were there and could talk about it but yeah, I mean it just seems like a play where it's cool when they're doing well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think SEC dominates the Bay ten and when it goes to college atmospheres, yeah, which is unfortunate, Yeah it is. But there's just things they got to change a little bit, like when you roll Sandstorm out. I heard that fucking song eight times in that game and the lights flashing people like it was. It was pretty insane, And it's not like at the moment it was like South Carolina is a middle tier at best SEC school and I was seeing that kind of atmosphere at the end of the year. It's tough to think that there's a place in the Big ten that's gonna be like has that atmosphere Michigan amazingly Bake Stadium you can fit at more than anybody else.
Speaker 1: It's quiet.
Speaker 2: They gotta figure out a way to They got to take out those stands and put in aluminum stands like Washington does and Seattle does. Like get the echo going in there, close up, make those suites, close those things up, even if it's just metal. Just close the thing up and funnel that shit down. You get one hundred and fiften thousand people going in there. Finally it's gonna get loud, but you got to figure out ways to start making sure that loudness goes onto the field. Because South Carolina ripped, they were good. They were getting after it.
Speaker 1: Dude. It was cool. It was a very cool situation.
Speaker 3: One thing that we do have to hit on the Black Friday sale, as Fletely murdered, like the fact that we have a matter of fact, we do need to DM that dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been messaging with him due this said he spent eight hundred something.
Speaker 3: We had the double receipt. Yeah, tried to get tried to get that four spot. I mean I think we got enough for five of them.
Speaker 1: I saw the other d be like, hey, you can just have the four spots all day. I saw that. But the fact that we had we've like, I mean, there was like ten thousand dollars spent between like four or five people.
Speaker 4: And the top three, top three people, the top three people spent over eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's nuts, man, that's incredible crazy. The tier ones are the tier ones are them. We've moved like we've moved thousands of units and that is nuts, bro.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everybody who shops and like, yeah, the sales over, but we have a shitload of inventory still left with all the new items, Like we had twenty three new items, Like this was a massive drop, I know, and we were all like kind of nervous on your people, but we almost have too much. Like I think our shit's the best shit. Yeah, there's so many things to pick one from. You can't just sit there and dial in on like what our ballpark is. Like we have the lightning teas you want, like I want to sit there and have a post about the diamond hats. Those are like the best sellers. You still got the old pocket teas, the the with the logo, the bowt tie logo. Yeah, that one back there. They're kind of the girl that stuff the lightning teas, the just the collab with with Legends, the clab with Seeger that has a few units.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like it's so tough to keep up with to.
Speaker 3: Where you're like, man, it would be nice if we could just focus on a couple of things, but there's so much shit. But as always, the fucking tier ones and the people that are for the boys showed out.
Speaker 2: They really did did It was incredible to see that happen, and I was I was extremely nervous with twenty three new units coming in right before Black Friday. But it seems like there's a lot of people doing their entire closet because those things are moving like crazy. We can't think you guys enough for what you guys have done for us to keep this thing going. When you guys do that, we're paying salaries here, we're paying for doing more spring football tour stuff, doing more fall to he stuff, giving you guys more content. And it's our way of saying thank you, We're gonna do something special. We say it every time.
Speaker 3: I mean we were always going to be doing give ways and ship Yeah, but on the whole redoing the closet, Like when I loaded up the Chevy to drive down to Atlanta, I just took the box of like all of our new stuff from our shoot. I was like, Yo, I'm just gonna wear all this ship looks hard bottoms, Like, yeah, we do we have anything you own?
Speaker 1: You owned two pairs of pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know I and they're black too. Yeah, I've won these pants three days in a row.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Like we should we should get like sweats or something, but it was a couple bottoms and I was like, I'm ready to get just throw it in the truck and roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I legit is it is an incredible thing with Black Frida, I do they They really showed out in a heavy way and that was that's unbelievable. Do we can't think you guys enough. You brought up a little point right there that I do want to knock on year ten. A lot of people are wondering what's going on with your ten? Yeah, And I don't know how much you can or cannot say right now, but if you can give the people a nugget so they can feel a little better or a little worse, or at least they have some sort of clarity on their feelings. That way they can go to bed tonight thinking, Okay, no matter what will comp's going to be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I see everybody asking what's going on.
Speaker 3: I would hope everybody understands when I'm not saying a whole lot that they just know because usually I'm a guy who puts everything out. Yeah, I talk about everything. I take everybody on the story, all that stuff, All that stuff is still happening. As far as like remembering stuff, I will be sharing it like in due time, but like right now. Essentially, I drove down Tuesday morning at four am, got a physical, took like ten seconds. Hey, have you gotten injured since you were last year?
Speaker 1: No, you go up.
Speaker 3: There's contract stuff getting sorted out that I can't talk about right now, but I will be able to in the future. Everybody listening to this right now, it's Tuesday. We're sitting here Sunday night because we're going to New York to do the telethon.
Speaker 1: We're going Who knows what's.
Speaker 3: Gonna happen tomorrow with any of the contract stuff that's going on that could get the stuff could get figured out by the time you listen to this. But if you're listening to this and nothing's.
Speaker 1: Happened yet, like you know, in due time, there'll be a time and a place for all that. But just know your ten is alive and well. And let's just I.
Speaker 3: Was telling you because we had a we had a good conversation on my drive down. It was like early you were up dooing your thing early in the morning and you're like, bro, how do you feel about everything? Like in this wild and it was just insane that everything has kind of just like came full circle and it's all happened, and the opportunities happen, and I'm like, as far as I'm concerned, your ten's happened, Like I got the call to go out there and sign whether or not we get something to figure out. Everybody's optimistic, we all feel like there's gonna be a solution, but at the end of the day, it's just it's insane that this has came all the way around, and year ten has been manifested by talking about it all year long.
Speaker 2: Incredible, and there is a part of every NFL athlete that's like, I just want to go out on my own terms. I don't want people to say I'm done. I want to be able to say I'm done. Not saying your tend's the end of Will Compton. I'm saying, if Will Compton chose for your tend to be the end of Will Compton, he's making the choice, not somebody's making the choice for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah to that, sir, I appreciate it. That's inactible, same handshake. You did, the exact same thing. What was it the Raiders when they offered me when I ended up playing for the Titans. Was it twenty twenty it was going to twenty nineteen because twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen I went to the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but twenty eighteen, I remember sitting. We were in my driveway talking. We're talking about football, how much we're doing the class of conversation, how much long do.
Speaker 1: You want to play?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't I want to play seven more years? How many?
Speaker 2: How long do you want to play? And you were, I don't know how much you want me to go into this? You know the conversation, right, yeah, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: That was yeah you wears ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were like, I think I want to be done. I think I think I'm over it. I don't know if I want to do this anymore.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. And then we had that conversation like I love busting. Yeah, yeah, I love everything. I'm there.
Speaker 2: We could, yes, but there was like also that point where you could see it affect you, and it would affect me if I had to walk away by someone making me walk away there, like it'd be nice to go out my own terms. And every single year since then, you've been able to do that and that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just funny. You think about like each year there's been a conversation. I remember it's the COVID year and we were playing spike ball. Yeah, and the Raiders had offered that minimum deal and you're like, hey, you can say no, right, you can say know what me done?
Speaker 1: You got it? You got an offer. You no time, you've got an offer. Conversation.
Speaker 2: I've literally said to you, congrats, no, now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Love over again.
Speaker 3: Then later in August that you have face time and I'm like, bro, guess what You're like, you're fucking lying.
Speaker 1: I'm like very able to dude. That was the most I remember.
Speaker 2: I was pulling into Oku Sushi to pick up something during camp and you call him and you're like, hey, you want to be teammates.
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, You're like, you're lying.
Speaker 2: Bro, du that was the most insane ship. When I heard that, that was crazy. Then I had to go be a little bitch on my right knee and get my acl torn. We could have hung out the whole year, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were we started off like seven and oh remember we started off five and oh yes.
Speaker 1: Beating on Buffalo was brought to you by Zoom. Yeah, we practiced for like what nine days straight. We had to plan on Tuesdays. They like they pushed the game, they delayed the game. Then they were.
Speaker 2: Supposed to play the Steelers. Supposed to have a bye week. No, no, we were supposed to play the Steelers. So we're planning for the Steelers and then they like because what we had more and more COVID, they were like, this is your grasses bye week. So we like kind of practice did in practice?
Speaker 1: That suck? Yeah? That They're like, they took away our bye week. They moved the Steelers to.
Speaker 2: What our bye week was going to be, and they're like, you guys are playing the Bills in four days or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that that exact time.
Speaker 2: And literally I'm at my house in my dining room on a Zoom call going over what the Bills do, and we literally were getting ready for practice from me to JP. That's how the closest player was masks on, triple masks, fucking helmet has matt suits, talking into practice, going We're gonna get our fucking asses kicked this week because the Bills are still practicing.
Speaker 1: They were still practicing and doing their old thing, and all we did was prove that you don't have to practice in the NFL. We were so far up, We're like, yo, we don't have to ever practice. Yeah, we want like forty two whatever, it was forty two, Like, I don't think they score two touchdowns, did they? It was like forty two to thirteen. Josh Allen had like two picks. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: We were going crazy because before that game, we're like, it's either gonna be a close game or we're gonna get our asses beat.
Speaker 3: Because we would do these zoom meetings and you're like, man, let's get the zoom meeting over with because you would like they'd be like, well, hopefully you guys go out and do something outside, because they couldn't.
Speaker 1: They couldn't make us do anything.
Speaker 3: So you're kind of having all these off days and for all off because he's he's staying at home and Jen. He's like joking on Jenny's like I think she burnt a fucking pizza. Hear the fire alarm going off, like.
Speaker 2: We alarms going off and ship and Bray was just getting madder and madder about all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah that he has to be home, and he's like, yeah, I'm na place. It doesn't fucking matter. We're gonna show up and we're gonna beat some ass.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when Also, like all of a sudden, we got a massive out of trouble for practicing, Like the guys were practicing on some sort of weird practice like high school field.
Speaker 1: Each position group was going to like different parks around the.
Speaker 2: Different parks around the city, like the old line was on like a grass field and lipscom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were at some nearby parking.
Speaker 3: It's just us, five linebackers, and we were doing our individual and just going over tips, tips that we had learned, just learned on a zoom call, like hey, try to go over these formations or try to go over these plays.
Speaker 1: And there's five of us we're trying to like line up, no plan, no no plan.
Speaker 2: That's how me, Ben Jones and Rogerstaffel were like, all right, I guess we'll lead this thing. And then we're like, what do you guys want to do? Like we stretched, You're like all right, jone right, all right.
Speaker 1: Zone left a couple of passet's boys, Like we didn't like, what the fuck are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: And then somebody like take a photo or like talk about it, and you ended up getting in trouble. We ended up getting in trouble again because they're like, they shouldn't be holding yeah practices with each other, so they're defeating.
Speaker 1: The purpose of being separated.
Speaker 2: And then they come to find out that every and then they started watching our security cameras and they're like, we'll see if these guys are really wearing their masks or not. So then buttholes are super tight. When you get back at the building, you're walking around with the tip of your nose showing out. You're getting a couple of last year, you're getting verbally assaulted, rightfully, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, because buttoles were tight.
Speaker 3: Say we get coffee, we walk in, we'd have a mess down because you're used to just talking. Yeah, and you're like, okay, as long as i'm drinking or holding the drink, you can have your mask down.
Speaker 1: So everybody, we always got the right wing guy on a I'd be right there, hold my cup and my mask would be down a little bit, one pretzel in his hand, just the kind of holding out to his mouth.
Speaker 3: Get investigator investigated. Bro, it was fucking tubs everything. You're showered, Hey, put your fucking mask on, right, And they're like, all right, you dude.
Speaker 2: I remember Paul Kaharski and Buck Rising like texting me and being like, you guys are about to get the hammer dropped on you.
Speaker 1: You wanted the hammer. Paul wants chaos, dude.
Speaker 2: He's he's the joker in a non cool way, like he wanted all that ship to go down. Then before they started to penalize us, they start looking at everybody else. They're like, oh, we can't do shit about the Titans. Everybody like people were way worse.
Speaker 1: Than started to Domino Fixer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, though, it was wild and we just happen to be the first patient zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to get the example made of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sucked, But that was fucking a nice little rundown memory Lane, dude, that was a cool. Dude speaking of the Titans, dude, what a fucking bullshit call. It's Sunday night, the game was played five six hours ago.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. Yeah, they're going to call strong on that. That is one of those plays. Yes, it's against the rules. So all these Bengal fans that are watching this, I know you're watching. When you're watching. Oh, it's been it's been a rule forever. They all they're like, hey, that's a rule, dude, that is a rule that you that happens and they say, hey, don't do that again. They give a warning to the coaching staff.
Speaker 3: I know, bro, it's just when you just see them fucking refs rip the flag the thoughts so high in.
Speaker 1: The air, yeah, and change the game at the towards the end.
Speaker 3: It just so stupid, Like to me, the long snapper sold it a little bit. They was going through the inside shoulder, the inside the head. Yeah, he wasn't on his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going through the inside via a couple of them more hitting old boy and they lock and he just fucking Academy Award winner.
Speaker 2: They're bringing up here tart to listen, it's a v technique that is a legal play. Even if it's not a legal play, this ref should have gone over and say you can't do.
Speaker 1: That hard, Like why through the flag that hard? Dude?
Speaker 2: Come on, bro that the flop tech dude might be mad at us talking about this right now, but hey, we're the ones that are fighting the fight for you, right now we're doing what you can't, Bud. That is fucking ridiculous that that.
Speaker 1: All that the game was over. They literally just took a knee after that. Yeah, I know that kind of ruined the game. It's a minute fifty a minute forty three.
Speaker 3: It's hard for It's hard for Tart because Tart is getting a little more head up like Strong wasn't. I thought Strong was completely fine by what he was doing. I just felt like Tart did go a little more center. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, look at Strong, he's going to the inside v you look at Tart. Tart goes right to him. I think the long snepper flops. It is what it is like. You never want to leave it into the hands buddy, the refs. You're gonna say all the round, all the right things. At the end of the day, it's never one play, it's never one drive, it's never this is never that. But it just sucked that a football game like that, the match of the Bengals and the Titans, everything that happened last year. Both teams are hot, both teams are playing well. That that's how it ended. That's what sucks about that. That's just crazy. Dude that I loved the old lineman on his way out.
Speaker 1: Did you see the video he's saying, fuck the Titans Tennessee. Yeah, man, what exactly what was he's saying? But it kind of fired me up.
Speaker 3: It was like a little w W promos Like, I hate that he's doing it to Tennessee fans.
Speaker 1: I love what this guy. I agree with everything he just said. I agree with that.
Speaker 2: It's if you're a Bengals fan watching that, that shit's cool.
Speaker 1: It's uses you to put that in his roll of deex of look what I did get fucked bad bodyballer dude paras shoving up yours Tennessee points to somebody, fuck you like that is iconic. I hate that. I love that.
Speaker 3: The Nissan good for him, I know. Yeah, oh man, I'm out there. I'm adding that to my bag.
Speaker 1: But that's it. That's iconic. That's an iconic move by him. Hey you yes, dude? Oh is that the equipment manager? Dude? That was bullshit? You have a minute fifty lefs at the clock.
Speaker 2: The way Tannhill throwing the ball to on a bum ankle, they could have won that game.
Speaker 3: Well if if from this about trailing Burk's too. What a game he had he ever plays the big time catches. Yes, catching the ball, he bawled out.
Speaker 2: He's coming along because he did it in the last game to recover the thumb. Recover for the touchdown.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, and not to not to be weird, but decent looking cat beautiful eyes, great eyes. Yes, No, I'm with you, dude may Yeah, you see the show.
Speaker 2: You see him when he got drafted. He had the cowboy boots on, the shirt tucked in and everything. Oh, he's way way different.
Speaker 1: Than a ja. Yeah, I find myself a look major you have that. You have to if you're a fan, you're like, we traded this guy, that we drafted this guy, like that's just gonna happen myself clicking on his press conference videos not even to listen to what he's saying, but he slays with them eyes now you can look at their head.
Speaker 2: On the bus he can get he will absolutely come on the bus, did you Yeah, we need to get him on here.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you Georgia Boot, the greatest boots on the planet's super good looking, super comfortable, so comfortable. You never want to take these boys off. These boots hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style.
Speaker 1: It's the wintertime, obviously they're gonna hold up in the wintertime.
Speaker 3: But even though summer months, when you're grilling on the back porch, you're walking around the house and your wife doesn't make you take your shoes off, these boots are the best ones out there. Think of a comfort technology, if an athletics shoe packed into a great looking boot. Whether you're working on your feet all day, these bootst on sacrifice comfort or style. Head over to Georgia boot dot com and use code busting. That's bussi in for twenty percent off. Again, that's Georgiaboot dot com. Use code busting twenty percent off. It is hunting season, boys and girls, ask your wife, ask anybody out there to use the code busting for twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: Georgia Boots the best looking boots on the planet. Back to the episode, did.
Speaker 3: You see uh d Lineman custs out Russell Wilson, Oh my something, Russell Wilson. I don't really know what the exchange was, but just seeing the reaction, Yeah, these boys are feather.
Speaker 2: They're over him. They are so over Russell Wilson. I think someone tweeted that this is going to go down as the.
Speaker 1: Worst trade of NFL history potentially.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, look at look at that money going like and drop that happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I'm gonna switch up like go in. Uh. He's probably saying, hey, jog off the field, but he's saying run off the field.
Speaker 2: No, he's probably just saying believe in me. He's probably what the fuck he was saying?
Speaker 1: The fuck up? Yeah, shut the fuck off.
Speaker 2: Buddy, that is I mean, and watch Russell kind of quiver at the end too.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, I got you man, I got you man. As what we say right there? I got you man. What do you do? What do you do in that situation?
Speaker 3: I don't know what Russ said, but if that dude comes back at you, you're kind of like, oh shit, I'm a little embarrassed right now.
Speaker 1: Everybody's kind of just seeing, like go down. All right, brother, I got you. Take it easy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like this is not a shot, Russell Wilson, But you have to be delusional right now in your life.
Speaker 1: It's a shot. I feel like that's a shot. What do you mean It's not a shot, dude, It's just a reality situation.
Speaker 2: He's not playing well, and it's not like I'm coming out I'm saying I'd be a better quarterback.
Speaker 1: But like, so that was just funny right there. I'm not trying to take a shot out Russell Wilson here, but I think you're pretty delusional. No, he needs to be delusional his life.
Speaker 3: You have to be delusional. Oh, you're saying he has to be delusional to get it back.
Speaker 2: He has to be delusional to like be able to work through what's going on. All the heat that's on Russell Wilson right now, all the shit that guys have told us, Guys have texted us, someone that I know on the team, I've had a personal conversation with that. I've told you things about like he's gotta be delusional, that he's gotta literally look in the mirror and tell himself whatever he's got to tell himself to get through the situation. Get through it, and then unpack the trauma later, because right now you're in the thick of it. Let's get to the off season, let's unpack it. You're gonna be on the Broncos next year. No one's picking up that contract. No one's gonna trade for him, you know what I'm saying, Like he's got to just put on a fake smile, you know that meme, the gift of the guy crying with the smiling mask. That's gotta be him for the next seven weeks of the season, or you just.
Speaker 3: Sleep well known you've secured the fattest of the bags. And not to mention Wisconsin hard Luke Fickle, Like that's gotta be exciting, Like you know, in the middle of this dumpster fire of a year, like, oh, Wisconsin, the Badgers, my second school picked up coach.
Speaker 2: P Yeah, I guess so I can talk about that.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Dana Beers has got to be mad about that. He's gotta beat.
Speaker 3: The Cincinnati Bearcats logo on him legs, and I, you know, no like him, Like, yeah, you're rude for Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I know it's more than just football, Like you got baskets of basketball school too, But like knowing you got coach Fickle there, he called them big Dick Fick.
Speaker 3: It's uh wow, that's gotta be shitty.
Speaker 1: Especially that's the worst heels than Russell's taking right now. A rattling off to in a row there at the end too. What idiot.
Speaker 3: He had it coming for him, though, he had it coming for him. Yeah, the way he's, the way he swung, dude, just not.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going Michigan State the whole time. I thought it was gonna be Michigan State or South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are good.
Speaker 3: Those are those are good because you got both football and basketball.
Speaker 2: And he even had a tweet that was like, I thought I had my pick after Michigan State, but South Carolina, you guys showed blah blah blah blah like it was.
Speaker 1: South Carolina good to basketball. Okay, I was talking. I was thinking Michigan State and Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I thought, like, I thought Cincinnati had a shot just because they're in a ship conference with ball. They're gonna be solid with Luke Fickle there, but they're good at basketball.
Speaker 1: So I thought he was gonna go. Everything's on the up and up, everything's on the open up, hockey team's doing well. You guys are gonna be all right there. Yeah, what an idiot be? Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 2: I hope we could see him tomorrow, Jets. Yeah, it was what was his name Mike Mason was his name, Mike White, Mike White, Lightning, Mike White. Dude, dude, if you're gotta watch out for the horny quarterbacks, they're gonna fuck you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna there's that's a tough dude. And I was hearing all those things in the officers, I'm like, Oh, this kid's not that scared BYU. Kid with all the guys doing the science, so he got like a little nervous of the draft thing. This guy's a fucking stud. He's taking down moms, not just moms. Mohm's are friends, he knows.
Speaker 3: And now this, yeah, I mean it's that's a tough look, especially like I know, there's like a little bit of a laundry list with him. I feel like it's not massive. But after that press conference he had last week when he took zero accountability, when he had an opportunity to be like, hey, we put up three points, I gotta bui able the defense out a little bit more, when he just said no, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Feel like I could have. Well, what was the questions like, do you feel like you let the defense down? He's like, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's exactly kind of like, you know, touches. Do you just see the body language? You're like, bro, you're the quarterback. Dude, what's that dude?
Speaker 1: Booger, he had this whole long thing about how he he could be like an entitled Yeah, he's entitled.
Speaker 2: He came from Moneyball. But it's like, listen, that's that's a that's a terrible take. That was a bad take, Like he need to do a better job with that, But that benching was probably going to come regardless and the rest of that clib like Booger.
Speaker 1: Ends up talking about it.
Speaker 3: He's just trying to He's just I felt like he was trying to paint the picture on because again, you can justify and give background and context and story to literally anybody's decisions they've ever made in life.
Speaker 1: You go back for them, Oh that's why they did that. Let's empathize and justify it.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, not in not in the not in the league, not in the performance pace business, where you have to be you have to do certain things the right way or you are gonna get fucking get snipped.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: You can't just be making decisions like oh boy from Oregon just yopping that dude in the mouth after they go, what's with.
Speaker 1: Orgon guys here? Blunt? Yeah, state like what like ten twelve years ago. That's probably longer than that wasn't there, you know what I mean? At least there's like, yeah, some at least there's some back and forth probably going on in the game. Hey, Blunt fucking bitched his ass too. This is what Buddy the organ dude too. He threw a shot.
Speaker 2: He threw a shot, but you know it won, Like yeah, a sucker push. That dude was looking right in Blunt's eyes when he that d I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, and people are like, yeah, pep fans should be storming the field X, Y and Z after the game. It doesn't fucking matter, bro, when you're in that locker room and you're wearing the uniform and you're on a team and playing for a university like Oregon, really any university, like the fans in the the well, the fans and the people of the world are waiting for you to make a fucking mistake like that, right, it doesn't matter. And I'm not gonna say losers, but say that fan, like say you said some loser ass shit like that troll that is what they want to happen. They want you to fuck up and do that. There's only not doing nothing except hurting yourself. That's just the way it's gonna be for you. It doesn't matter what was said, You're just you're hurting yourself in the long run.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's one thing that fan could have said that is would make it justified for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure in the direct like you're letting all the emotion take over the the zoomed out version. It ain't worth hitting some fucking troll ass loser fan over that. It's not like I get that that is a bad fucking like you could say something that marks somebody off, like, no, you got to draw a line somewhere.
Speaker 1: I understand that. I'm just saying in the in the massive picture, say this guy, I don't know where he is, draft board league, he's a senior transfer from Miami stuff. I know that about him. I don't know the entire picture of like what his career and all that can shape up to be. But again, you let a loser motherfucker trigger you in that moment, Like I do. I do understand that. It's not like I'm trying to be like that. Doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, in his best interest long term after that bigger picture, don't let a fucking loser drag you down to their depths like that.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I literally had that same as that situation go down with me. Really what situation when that assault case I had going out of my senior year. We lost to Ohio State and these twenty nine year old kids were trying to beat up my brother, who is nineteen at time. I walked into a bar. My girlfriend at the time was like, hey, your bother. But again in the fight, I looked out and there's a four guys Ohio State and they're pushing my brother. I moved one kid to the side and yeah, yeah, well there was no it was just one bing and he this kid hit the ground so hard he spun in a circle and I was like, holy shit, I think I killed him.
Speaker 1: And I went and like and I'm sure when that happened, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh fuck, oh yeah, I thought I was like I should I why the fuck did I do that? But in your moment, I'm just thinking, hey, I gotta preg my brother, you know what I'm saying, And this guy. It's not like it's like it's different. It's a different situation for a couple of reasons. One, you just lost the game.
Speaker 1: I get it. That sucks. It's arrival. It's a civil war.
Speaker 2: But it's not like you're if you transfer from Miami, it's it's one year, Like you don't have loyalty to Orgon.
Speaker 1: Loyalty is really not like that. You know what I'm saying. Well, in the moment, he shouldn't have done that. Yeah, he should have done that.
Speaker 3: Thinking about yeah, like you said something to me and this is this is a no not this is a non negotiable for me personally. Yeah, which again, you can make a story and say enough to justify any action that you make. I didn't even think about that too, Like, yeah, the stuff and then getting questioned in the combine, I'm sitting here saying a speech, you're just thinking, oh no.
Speaker 1: Because when you're sitting no, when you're but yeah, no, when you're saying that, literally, I'm trying to I feel like in that moment, trying to grab him back. What are you fucking doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Right, we're in we're in public. We're in public right now. Yeah, just like that dude is what are you doing? Yeah? You know you just no, I'm with you. I'm also thirty one years old now saying hey, absolutely, I shouldn't have done that. Like I can sit back making that mistake when I was younger looking at this kid, going, bro, you can't do that stuff if you have a future in the league.
Speaker 2: You just hurt yourself. You just took money away from yourself. That's a bad fucking deal. You shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: But I was when I was speaking, it was speaking from the point of view of I've been him before, and I know what it's like.
Speaker 2: How you get your emotions. Your emotions get the best of you. You piece some kid up and it's like I fucking Then clarity hits ten seconds later. You walk in the locker room. You're like, oh, I'm such a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: No question, and you see the coach grab him. It's just like, ah, God, damn it, dude, what are we doing? What are we doing with older yourself?
Speaker 2: He should have just fought a football player. He should have if he got in a fight with another Like Oregon State kid, it's like nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it Like Michigan State, Like Michigan State, Michigan. You still can take one hundred of you and jump somebody.
Speaker 1: Holy shit. Oh that's jokes, man, that's just jokes. It's just jokes. Should we do uh, just so those guys should be arrested? Should we do a shout out? No free shoutout? Dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we're gonna do tier talk rivalry games and player. I know we're running on an hour right now. It's like we gotta get it fast. Do we tell the people we're not gonna have a tier talk today or do we do it quick tier talk because the tier talk is rivalry games in college football.
Speaker 1: I guess we could do Yeah, we could do that. Yes, we can make we can make it all quicker. The shout out, no free shoutout?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go around real quickly, shout out, no free shout out, Blossie, you got it, baby, mine take mine, don't take mine?
Speaker 1: My shout out. This week is gonna go to a game that just concluded.
Speaker 6: It's the number one defense in the NFL right now for second half shoutout one complete shutout, and that is Dimico Ryan's in the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Here we go up there. It is there.
Speaker 4: It is there.
Speaker 1: It is that's off to the Niners, like they're ballingall you never sleep on the Niners. Don't ever sleep on the Niners.
Speaker 4: Mitchie goes to something we were talking about a couple of weeks ago. Uh, it's that holiday season now and typically near like in the end of the semester. This goes back to high school. Uh, it's those pizza parties you have in your one class. You know, you're going into that classic Oh we're not doing a thing that's really good, cool work today. It's like where we're just gonna chill, eat pizza, maybe throwing a TV, throwing a movie, yeah, and just have it.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: I thought the way you were saying it's getting to be that time of year, my shot up to pizza parties something.
Speaker 1: I thought he was like.
Speaker 2: I thought he was about going home and having a pizza party of his friends, right, But hey, you rounded it out well.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, yeah, and we're back master. You normally have like a half day or something like, hey, we're just gonna have pizza. Yeah yeah, hell yeah, dude, that's a hitter day. That's a hader day. JP cheese and sausage. You like that. Nic shout out, no free shoutout goes to.
Speaker 5: Tell them, kid the South Carolina game Cocks for being back, and shout out to our punter who saved the game for us. Also, this is still South Carolina because they brought it to me twice. Storm in the field, bro, you storm the field three times this year? You know who needs to watch out? Oh Roan and Caleb?
Speaker 1: Damn will.
Speaker 3: My shout out no free shoutout? Is it's getting to be that time of year where it's cold out. I'm somebody who leaves my water bottles in the car all the time, and now that it's getting cold out, you know you're gonna have a fresh cold water every day, a water bottles sitting there, maybe a few to pick from, a litter to pick from. Net water turns cold in the wintertime, and you know your girl, anybody who's like, yo, what do you carry all these water bottles? Now is the time of the year where're like, this is the fucking research carry these water bottles.
Speaker 1: Boys. So my shoutout goes to those water water bots that turn cold overnight. Hmm, that's outstanding. That is outstanding. Uh my shoutout.
Speaker 2: If you shout, I'm gonna keep a shortened suite goes to the future national champions in college football. I listen, dude, everybody times in a row Columbus, Ohio with a donkey stopping like that twenty two point differential in the score. I gotta give it to the boys in Blue, especially that offensive line that is literally going to win the More Award two years in a row.
Speaker 1: That is my shutout shout out the year of the year. Maybe it's the year you guys end up winning the Natty, Like that's the shout out of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so we're gonna we're gonna do tear talk. We're doing rivalry college football. Correct, Yes, okay, Willie, you got him?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, bub So my Tier three is going to be I'm choosing it a game two that it's not like I always watch it, but I'm always like, oh shit, it's.
Speaker 1: That week, Like it's gonna be cool to see how this plays out.
Speaker 3: My Tier three rivalry game is gonna be, oh, Oklahoma and Texas Red River rivalry. I am a fan of that game, and it's early in the year, so it's kind of cool, like the sun is bright. You just know like these two teams are about to clash. It's going down Texas Oklahoma. That's my Tier three, my Tier two. Hats off to the game. Michigan, Ohio State.
Speaker 1: That is historic.
Speaker 3: That is probably the most traditional. That's probably the greatest rivalry game when you take into account the history of college football. But we're talking current college football rivalries. My tier one and yes we're what you got my tier one, and that goes to, oh it's not that damn I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: I should have said. I knew you was gonna forget. But start over. No, my tier one, fuck start over. Just cut all this and start over.
Speaker 3: And my Tier one, Oh wow, this is not gonna surprise anybody. Nebraska Iowa.
Speaker 1: One in seven in the last eight years. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 3: But we have, like I said earlier, we have controlled the border between Iowa and Nebraska. We Casey's gas station is ours, We own the cattle industry, and uh we own the Hero's Trophy.
Speaker 1: Currently. That's my that's my it's my list. Were doing on words, Yes, we're absolutely only words predictable, shout the fuck up? Lost? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry, when does throw in a few words disappointing, missed.
Speaker 5: Bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, my tier my Tier three Therese, there's a lot, there's a lot of great ribberries out there. I think my Tier three is going to go to a game that in recent years has has been amazing, like a second wins a lot of times. Is who's going to play in the SEC Championship. That is going to be Alabama versus Auburn. That is the Iron Bowl.
Speaker 1: That is my Tier three. You don't even watch that game. My tier this is my time.
Speaker 2: My Tier two is going to be the newest yet the strongest rivalry game possibly in college football the next couple of years, and that is two elite historic teams go at it September thirtieth. Next year Nebraska Michigan bust and Bowl. That is going to be in the near future probably a Tier one rivalry game coming up. And my Tier one goes to the greatest rivalry not just in college sports, but all of sports in general. The game Ohio State and Michigan. Whatdy Hayes back in the day win for two when they were up by multiple touchdowns at the end of the game, and when they asked him, why'd you go for two?
Speaker 1: He said, because I couldn't go for three. That's the kind of game we're talking about. That's a nice quote. That is elite. You are hurt by yours? Huh, Solid, No, I love my list. Oh sorry, Buss, go ahead again, Solid, Thank you good, respectable. How long were you holding that thing?
Speaker 3: I've felt it right when I got done, I was like, I'm saving this from out one word.
Speaker 1: Hey, And I pushed a couple of times just to make sure like it's gonna come out. Yeah, because you knew he was about to push like that. Boy, you got one. You got one moment to figure that out. It didn't take too long either. You're right when you ended, I was already like with the push, and I was like, all right, just push it down there and execute push it down there next to you. Don't get stage fright, will you? Guys didn't say Army Navy. I didn't watch that game, as much as I would love to. I respect it. That's not a good game. Yeah, it doesn't mean anything. Uniforms are always cool as hell. I think it was like fucking grabbing bring it in here? WHOA take it easy? Boy? Oh my god. The only reason I didn't choose the mad.
Speaker 3: The only reason I didn't choose the bus and balls just because we've only played one game, Like it's not it hasn't built that way and we got our ass kicked.
Speaker 1: So but you did you think to choose it? You literally said you forgot no when you brought that up. I did forget about it, okay, but I was still a pretty gung ho and wanting to uh.
Speaker 2: I thought the Red River rivalry game is a fucking great pull, and I was like, I can't take that.
Speaker 3: Like all I was thinking about is like, man, what big rivalry games do I actually like wat try.
Speaker 1: And keep up with.
Speaker 2: I think it's Layman's in the middle of the season. Though I don't like that. I like I like the last game of the year to be everyone's rivalry game. That's such an elite week of college football. I will say in this this past weekend was a good one, bro, Like really good good one. Great rivalry week, great Raflery week. It's off to everybody listen this week you're going to listen to a crazy podcast. Jared Allen comes on. Not all don't know what to expect. We know he's an elite football player. He likes to keep to himself quite a bit, but we talk about everything under the sun. That man talks about theories, we talk about religion. It truly is.
Speaker 1: It was one of the more fun podcasts we've ever done. I was literally gonna ask like how much fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we have on that pod, like there's some stuff to where I'm sure we're sitting there thinking like, all right, we're gonna go down this rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: Do we have a guest that where it's all gonna flow smoothly?
Speaker 3: And dude, it was like it was like sitting in the basement playing some video games, just talking shop with the boys.
Speaker 1: It's it was one of my favorite episodes we've done in like a long time. Yeah, it was. It was a It was a great time.
Speaker 2: There was a couple of times when the religion stuff hit. I was like, are we are we doing too much here? This is this too much apology the Mormon community. But just know that all the stuff that was said, we we we enjoyed ourselves having fun with you guys, but we didn't mean nothing by it, especially the Mormon religion. And I think scientology was we dipped our tone scientology as well.
Speaker 1: Awesome. There was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Also, I fucked up a conspiracy theory with the TV show, but I still think that that fucking conspiracy theory is real.
Speaker 1: I do need to figure out.
Speaker 2: Now before you get into that episode. This episode, you're going to have to listen to an adtery, But don't worry. It's an outstanding one and it happens to be Duke Cannon. The Duke Cannon Holiday Collection features scent that men actually like and package and keep sake boxes to be cherished for weeks. Bring great smelling holiday cheer to any stocking, white elephant, exchange or gift giving occasion made in the USA by humans, not else. Unlike the Cranberry spice candy, you'll actually appreciate the scent after December twenty fifth. A portion of these proceeds, by the way, they benefit veterans and active duty military. Shout out everyone that's active duty and has served our country. Shout out Blast Nandez Glossy Boy in the back. You can purchase everything and de Canon's Holiday Collection at doke Cannon dot com and at Target stores everywhere and wait, hold on. These are some of the big ass bricks of soap ok okay, so some of the big ass bricks of soap. I'm gonna'm gonna have to read this part real quick. Some of the big ass brick, big ass brick of soap. Holiday names and scents are illegal Pine cut soap.
Speaker 1: That's a frine. That's a fresh pine scent.
Speaker 2: Rudolph's much Deserved Nightcap soap, cinnamon and antique wood set Ooh, that sounds nice. Oops all Brandy, homemade eggnog soap, toasted nutmeg, and a must scent Frothy the beer Man soap Warm Sandalwood scent. Sandalwood does go a long way, dude, sandal Wood is a my favorite scent. I didn't know I liked and sell. Someone's like you gotta smell like sandal World. I was like, really I do, and I looked and it was at Sandwoods sent.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Check out Do Canada any target or on do cannon dot com and use code bust and that's b U s s I n for fifteen percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: Doke Cannon. It's not for clowns and Jared Allen episode Crappy The Drivers is bad. The highway system, it's more. I feel like it's more of the highway system than crappy drive. Driver drivers are bad, worst driver everywhere. Anything done out here, Like I'm coming, you know, Arizona.
Speaker 7: It's like the labor market is stacked out there, like you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.
Speaker 1: You got thirteen people knocking at your door and say I'm done in the West, I don't know, we just kind of we hustle a little more. I think I got here. I was like, you know, no one would return an email for like three weeks. That is a fucking deal. That is That is a bit of a weird thing. What is the texting? Is that just a Nashville thing? I don't know. You'll be in the middle of every middle of Texas somebody and it's just like, oh, I guess they're done. Yeah, that sounds like Taylor la One to me.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, brother, textbook me, dude, are living in the middle of the deep conversation.
Speaker 1: You'll send me a Texas long and I'll put my phone down. It'll be three days later like oh shit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I mean or or like you text somebody then they don't respond for like three days and you're like, well, really getting exposed over here?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, So no, it was then.
Speaker 7: I honestly though I didn't realize how much eras So we got here, and the year we got here, I think it was the twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: It rained more in Nashville than it did in Seattle, and I was like, this is when were you here? What time? What time of the year?
Speaker 7: Seventeen in September, right, So we went through that winter there was like that eight twenty eighteen was miserable, like just Randy Gray. So we were gonna move back, but then we just couldn't find the right school again to put our kids, and so we stayed and now we're building the house here.
Speaker 1: When you get in the winter months bro here, it is always gloomy, rainy, flowing. So it's got some good months, but it's like my kids at his age, I can't just going a lot, you know what I mean. I'm just every thought about homeschooling. Yes, so the dude, the pandemic was amazing. I say that not amazing.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't took it more seriously because my wife and I were in a situation where I was like, I don't have to be a part of it. Yeah, both don't work Uh, they offer virtual schools going for our kids. And I was like, so, we're just not gonna be a part of it. So right, we just got in the r V and we pieced out, took them kids all like the National Park, stayed in Taho and stuff like that. And I say that because, like I felt bad for people that were considered Yeah, gosh, what's what I'm looking for?
Speaker 1: Uh? They had to work what was the word questing working remote? No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, like yesilaric go sorry, yeah, Like, my my buddy's in a good question. Right, so he got he got deemed essential, and so it was like he's working, you know what I mean. And uh and so like people like that are like people, you know, you got kids that need to.
Speaker 1: Go to school for for meals.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm like like they if I don't have to be a part of the problem, I'm not gonna be a part of the problem.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just gonna We're gonna sit back and chill.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's I we we Yeah. I thought it was great. Right. It was tough for us coming back because now the kids are in all the sports and we're running like crazy to have my young kids with me and we like I said, you guys want to go to the beach for three weeks.
Speaker 2: Let's wrong, just out of there though, that life of retirement. Dude, you want to go down the hard work and I can just sit back and relax.
Speaker 1: That's to us.
Speaker 7: I'm built for COVID because it gave me. It gave me an excuse to say no to everything you said.
Speaker 1: To us a few times, ye multiple times on the bus with people, no math, we can do zoom.
Speaker 3: We're just like if he lives in Nashville, we want him on the bus. Yeah, She's like, oh no, he's not doing it. And literally, Mia, I'm thinking he doesn't seem like a guy wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody probably come around to me, like I don't wash his hands a lot, like like, you know, he's probably not wearing a mask. Yeah, I mean, actually you see his truck.
Speaker 5: He pulled.
Speaker 7: Dura actually one of the I got too much help for it, Like I was a Republican that wore a mask, right, Yeah, I don't. Like, first of all, I'm not a big human being fan anyways. Like people like I'm like a non social social guy, like I could do it. Yeah, fun, But if I have my brothers. I'd rather just hang at home or like go hunting by myself or people like golfing dayhuckom no golf.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't really want to golf with you me either. No.
Speaker 7: I did I rock the mask And I did all that and it was great because when people don't talk to you either, so that's that's a huge deal.
Speaker 1: So I did I rock the mask forever. I was like, man, my kids haven't been sick for like a year and a half. This is amazing because when they start going to school as hell, right, everybody the first year of hell, it's like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 7: I mean not even co We're talking about flu s, stomach virus RSV name.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. It just goes on the line of the family. Yeah, gets you.
Speaker 2: You're kind of out there playing dodgeball game. We're gonna lose every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We we just again we were like you know what, Nope, not happening. And then you know, we had actually, unfortunately, we had a couple of people get it really bad at the beginning, and I was like, that looks terrible. Yeah. Yeah, I'm also I'm also under the believer, right. And I had had an old neighbor business partner mind something the time.
Speaker 7: He said, the pioneers, we're the ones that took all the arrows. It was the second and third way of settlers that found all the gold, right. And he was like, the lesson is, don't be first right where he goes find a niche don't everything's been thought of, right, Just do what other people do better.
Speaker 1: That's the philosophy, right right. I was like, that's legit.
Speaker 2: And I think I think, like even with the COVID thing, when you're sitting there in red or blue regardless, I think when we're sitting there back twenty twenty in March, everyone was a little nervous and that's just started coming.
Speaker 1: You weren't nervously I was. I was in California, like, oh my god, we were supposed to go. We had a uh we I was probably got inducted into the Big Sky Hall of Fame, right, And it was in Boisey. So, but this was twenty twenty, and it was so Washington had the big outbreak right in the in the conference was going to be in boise My mom and stepdad are in boise And then we're gonna go see some people in Arizona. Arizona had like one case that we're like, Okay, we're not worried in but a Nashville, right right, And I'm like here in Washington. So I go on.
Speaker 7: I'm like, there's like three people from Washington coming to this thing. And I was like, oh, hell, nope, We're good.
Speaker 1: No ship, No, I don't want this to people people dying land to canceling the event. Yeah yeah, yeah, spilled over an Idaho. But that was the thing. Yeah, that was nerve wracking. I was like, and you know, buddy, Jerry was saying no to everything everything. There were times were got a little far out and Peggy was still seeing the same thing and I'm like, I think we're awling the clear here, like we level five. I took his far I took full advantage of saying no. It's like and she's like, will we have to book? And I'm like, we want him. He literally my brain, I'm thinking he lives in Nashville, and we're not wasting our energy doing him on zoom when he lives here one day, you gotta have my legend on the but yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Even my buddies were like, you know, even when we started traveling again, it doing all this stuff, and was like we were able to play it off for so long.
Speaker 1: Like he was like, I came home from somewhere he was like, wait playing it. I was like, oh, bro, I've been traveling for like the last you know, six months. I just just out there. Tell anybody out there we were. I guess that we were able to maximize it. And that was my thing with people. I'm just like I didn't really care what people's because when it got political, I'm like I told people, I was like, unless you're a medical doctor, I don't care what your opinion is. And the reality is I just have compassion for people, right, And so you know what if if someone tells me, hey, if you're going to be in a crowd, put on a mask and you might protect somebody, I'll do it. Yeah. I don't really care, you know what I mean. I'm not the same reason I put in my seat belt on. It is what it is.
Speaker 7: So unfortunately, people got crazy about it, and I think we showed honestly when I said, I said, he showed how mentally weak the United States was, right, Like, we didn't even have the mental capacity to like, just.
Speaker 1: Band together, just choose. I didn't care what size you choose from. Just band together. Right things got we were five. Yeah, even tell people you just coughed in the car before you.
Speaker 2: When you when it was mid pandemic and you were at the grocery store or something and you're thinking, and you're just you're dead.
Speaker 1: You're fucking dead. You do that, it's over. I don't have it, but then you would know you I got I got to. I got banged the first time. Okay, so yeah, I got it for the first time, like a month ago. I came back from Canada a month ago in Canada, oh for real, you know, and my wife.
Speaker 7: Was pissed because, uh, we're, you know, we're trying to stay healthy before we had to go to Minnesota, and uh, I had a little sniffles, and I was like, I'm just gonna test just to make sure, because I always test when I come home, just in case. And uh, sure enough, it was like, dang, I made it two and a half years without catching COVID.
Speaker 1: And then you literally got through the whole thing. You finish the race, and you got caught by a stray bullet. That wild bullet, dude, that is how you feel. It was a bad deal. Was super super super cere solid. Yeah, my daughter had my day. She got a daughter guy, my wife, my mother, daughter didn't get it and she had like a fever for half a day. I had a stuff And the worst part was like eight I got a sinus infection that was I tested polished for like fourteen days, which is actually another great thing because then it was like, all of a sudden, I started binge watching like Blacklist and all these random Nextflix day I'm like, yeah, man, I forgot how it was all supposed to sit at home and just went some you love. Oh yeah, and then it all's gonna be. People were calling me again like hey can you can you do here to do this? Or hey we got something.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I got COVID, And then all of a sudden, it's like phone stop ringing, y that's great.
Speaker 1: And then we came knocking again. Yeah, I was like, oh, like nope, I don't have COVID. You know how this is going back and forth with the Peggy of the times. But Peggy she's just always dialed the She's like, hey, he's hunting for a couple of weeks here, he's gonna be back there the next week.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: I'm actually now, l it's gonna be out like on the fourteenth or something like. If you want him, it have to be this week, right, you have to be this week? Yeah.
Speaker 3: God, it's just like, you know, it's getting like do we do we have the morning we passed. We've been playing the limbo dance for we have a years.
Speaker 1: You have no disrespect.
Speaker 7: I apologize for that, but yeah, we just I guess I got to know him back to back to normal now, but uh yeah, it was it was definitely well then, you know, and then I get it.
Speaker 1: I ended up catching in a crilling club and then, you know, I thought for sure someone's gonna have the flu or something from Minnesota being around like eighty thousand people all weekend.
Speaker 2: Nothing nothing, You've got first second, being able to get out of it today, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no. I was like, all right, we're here, We're good. It's you know, the right time, man, Yeah, yeah, no doubt and right, I'm right. Well, you know, part of it was I just wanted to make sure you guys a success level was up to par. You know what. I mean like we've officially hit the bar for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm all right, they're good, you know enough? I mean warehouse on a bus, like anything can happen. Yeah, cool, let's roll.
Speaker 2: We all tested policis for COVID today, so I'm it's a little wrinkle and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you want to start with it? You want to start at the beginning? We all just got canceled, just so I don't want to how quiet.
Speaker 2: Me and Will got we are political views are whoever? If you're talking right now, you're Republican, so are we?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: But that's that's kind of like honestly, I tell people to tell them, like, you know what the world needs, more independence, right, like earn my vote again, that's what I want someone to earn my vote.
Speaker 1: But uh no, that's politics.
Speaker 7: I try to My whole philosophy is that just don't be a bad person, right, you could be a good human being and we can get along.
Speaker 3: To me, It's just like when you see that look in people's eyes when they get big and you just know they're very like opinionated about some more passion.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna say opinion it like it's wrong either, But passionate. I'm more like, you know, I'm not I'm not smile enough with this. I'm just like, there's philosophy good people, right, So I have a philosophy.
Speaker 7: If you don't, if you're not like intelligence wise or on this topic, what societal the minimum of what societal norms are? Right, Like if someone would talk to you like I would talk to you guys like, okay, these guys would be considered intelligent people by societal norms, right, not a bunch of turns, right, Or if you've read two to at least two books on the subject, I'll listen to all your point of views.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If not, like, if I'm like my eh, it'd be like a homeless person trying to talk to you about your finances. We're just not even going to entertain that conversation because we're not on the same level. Like the levels just aren't even there, and you're not gonna understand what I'm saying. And I don't really care what you say because you don't have any you know, proof behind what you're saying.
Speaker 2: The problem of with information is you can if whatever your opinion is, you can find literature to support your opinion, and that is because it's just the Internet. You have all this flooding information. If you're like I feel like the world is flat, you feel like the world is flat, you can find all the information you need to know that the world is flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell those people start driving, Start to start driving me. It's just a fun conversation and have like your text should be a text when you get to the MP you go through the world is flat, the situation, the world is flat. I don't think so you like with somebody else.
Speaker 2: No, you start on the media other day. I think we were like on Instagram and you like, damn me something like it is the world actually flat?
Speaker 1: Oh? DM? Do you like somebody doing like a conspiracy thing of Oh, basically they got some points. I'm my will. I can't do this to you. I love like, I just love any kind of conversation, Like if somebody's a flat Earth, then they want to sit here and talk about I love doing it as long as we're not sitting here yelling at each other, because I just I enjoy when people are just fluid in their thinking. Yes, they empathize with the other person. They see we're all being good points back. I think we're not going to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think that's the biggest thing with like what happened with COVID is I think you used to have what used to social media, right, You used to have the ability, like Walter cronkuy would come on, it's about some crap off, and then you'd go have a couple of beers with your you know, whether you're a liberal or a conservative in the minute whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you tell me your viewpoints. I'd tell you to your points.
Speaker 7: We're obviously friends because we have some characteristics we enjoy about each other, so yeah, cool, then you go about your business. Right, But like you said, all of a sudden, it was the ability to agree to disagree went away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like ultimatum. People got the contentious. It was on my side, you're dead to me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like like stopping becoming friends. You have like they were like our morals don't add up. Yeah, no doubt be friends anymore.
Speaker 3: And then when you're on the internet too, like it's not you can't just be fluid because it's not like we're all sitting here talking, so it's just harder to Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was just like you know, and I mean i'd have conservative buddy to like everywhere, I'd calme like.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's up, Biden, Lover, what's up? You know, like literally like you're no longer you can't be your cultureself a conservative because you wear a mask. And I was like, wow, and you're a Christian and I'm a Christian and you sound like a complete a hole. Right, Yeah, So I'm like I want to go down that road. Uh So, No, dude, I think that's so funny because I actually enjoy like you said, they're conversations with people who think differently. Yeah, because hey, I might learn something, right, b it might just be absolutely freaking hilarious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want someone to try to convince me there with his flat Like. I look forward to that because I'm just like, this is gonna a good conspiracy theory goes along way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really good thrones. No, I couldn't get him. That's when you got a bone.
Speaker 7: Storylines couldn't get into me and my wife tried twice to sit down and watch it could get and you know the other one. Everybody's gonna hate me for it because freakin' uh, what is it with Jason Bateman?
Speaker 1: Brother? What the tried twice started that thing twice.
Speaker 7: I even got to like episode twelve or six or something, I don't even know when it went into it, and I'm like, it's the same. It's the same dang story every day. He's trying to launch some money for a drug dealer and he's trying to buy it. I'm like, this is ridiculous. How many people are gonna try to kill him?
Speaker 1: Like this is dumb. I couldn't see the show. So this is Will's battle to fight, but I couldn't do it. I was like, you're in right now, awesome, But I never got every every everything was the same. I'm like, Okay, he just bought another crappy business. His family hates him, you're laundering money for drug dealer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the story like and used to build, Like obviously you stopped. But what what's the show that you love?
Speaker 1: To know? What? I got? Anarchy this?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, side note, I know we're talking about the Hell's Angel stuff, like a great one to binge bro.
Speaker 1: I had a hard time getting into it. Dude. It's the same thing. They're trying to.
Speaker 3: Get out of certain situations. Yeah, but you're just trying to take it from violence and guns like, hey, let's do a cleaner.
Speaker 7: I appreciated the individual character building in those right, versus like in Ozarks, his character doesn't change, you know, the wife character doesn't really challenge that you're wrong.
Speaker 1: That's what you watch. Watch even game time. There's a bunch of characters and they're building through the whole time.
Speaker 7: Guy, Like, dude, I'm sorry, I can't get into that. Same reason I didn't like. I hated never in the story as a kid.
Speaker 1: I'm like, the big flying dog scared the crap out of me when I was little, and it still kind of does. But I'm just I'm not What about Star Wars for you?
Speaker 3: You take out the dragons Game of Thrones together? No, you you take out the dragons. Game of Thrones is basically based on a true story.
Speaker 1: Huh, this is what story? What's the story man way back in the day. Dude, that's not a true story based on what about should that happen? You think dragons are real? You think dragons are real? No? No, oh, I would love to see That's the thing. I don't think. I would love to say dragons are I don't thinking dragon Dan, I don't want to watch that I'm gonna sit here and say I think dragons probably real, don't know, don't know, so.
Speaker 7: But uh so you know with uh we build houses for handicapped veterans, right for wounded veterans. And one of the guys build a house from he was the first sergeant first class. And he was like absolutely one and dragons without a doubt. And he said this is why, said when he was in Afghanistan. Right, these people don't even have a word for TV. So you when you get up into like the up into the candlemright valleys to like he said, you're talking about literally people that have lived in caves. They have no outside interaction, right except from their tribe and their their individual He said, they don't know what a TV is. They don't they don't have words for this, but they have words for dragons. So he said somewhere along the line someone.
Speaker 1: He told me. I was like, that's actually strong. I see. That's why I like have a conversation. I would be like dragons, bro like firewear and dragons.
Speaker 7: No, maybe maybe it was some sort of flying tera doct prehistoric, prehistoric, you never know, but he absolutely And when he told me, I was like, well that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, if if they have a five thousand year old word for dragon, who am I to say that they're wrong? Exactly? I don't have a five thousand year old word for anything, nothing, nothing, but the thing that I say, he was like a conspiracy.
Speaker 3: As it continues to zoom out, like we're basically all within the wall and like all these all these spots with snow and everything else that we don't actually ever go where you guys.
Speaker 1: Be on the wall. Yeah, like you can get to the edge, but that's it. Yeah, we're all inside something. Yeah, I just I I love all of them. Think it's fun to to talk about it. I think it's fun to talk about I was like, I don't have a big belief system in much in many things. I kind of just like let them, let them, let everything fall where it may. But I kind of just let everybody else tell me their opinions. I just kind of consume what I want. Yeah, yeah, make sense a couple of things up, Dude, I will go with that original thought. I'm like, oh, I hear, that's cool. I'm gonna if you think about it. Does anybody actually have an original thought? No, there's no origin your business partner. There's no original idea, there's blueprints are out there. You just find ways to kind of regurgit it and maybe do it a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Even when you're a child, you're taught certain things, things you picked up from your father, your mother, that those types of things your friends.
Speaker 1: So oh, I gotta say flat Earth was pretty original. That came out of nowhere. I don't know. Yeah, yeah, you gotta have those people.
Speaker 3: But to me, it's the door opens when I see somebody's like, oh, you're you're an idiot, or once I see like, oh, they're not trying to hear that at all. This is where I need to figure out how do I poke them this time and be like, I think you're just being like, I think you're kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: I love I love smoking the flat for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like oh then yeah over here says that if you're a flat earther, you're dumb.
Speaker 1: But you think I'm dumb? You guys, why have you dum pieces? No, you haven't. One of the videos and then just start fucking spamming their YouTube is an incredible I think you rethink this and then they just think you're fucking crazy. Lizard people might be my favorite. Like, I don't know about that, but well I might agree with the barbershop dude, I only went out so like the lizard people.
Speaker 7: Again, I'm probably getting this wrong, so I apologize to all lizard people, who I am probably greatly offending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I will no longer be allowed in the lizard people culture. But basically that we're all of fing lizards or something that got sent down from a mother ship and about scientology, talk about scientology. Basically scientology and people pretty much the same from your stand right, it's about right town.
Speaker 7: But yeah, we're talking about the barber shopping night. But they literally think they're going to get transformed into some freaking lizard, and.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be so cool?
Speaker 2: I guess it's like getting abducted by a UFO. It's always in the Northwest, by the way, that being abducted by a UFO sounds like a deal you don't want to go through. But if you threw down a lot or something, I'd poke around for about.
Speaker 7: This COVID pissed people off so much. I heard this from a comedian actually based out of here in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Barazzi, Yes, you heard that line. But he was there.
Speaker 7: Was COVID was so divisive that the government came out and said there's UFO, and everybody's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool, yeah, fuck it, yeah nothing that did kind of go by. That's the real thing. There's a couple of real came out. I'm like, hang on, there's UFO.
Speaker 2: I'm the long ones right. The whole time he was that's the leading here for But he he only broke up with the band to go chase aliens. He's got he's got documentaries and this ship finally comes out that one of the biggest questions are we alone in this world?
Speaker 1: We don't know We're not there? Go hey, toti a little on a hand. Who you tell some people, Hey, by the way, there's aliens. Everyone's like, see, I want more We're master, you're about that. I want more proof though, Like I want to see an actual alien, not just like a floating light. Does those Air Force pilots the you listen to a few of those guys who like worked at Area fifty one that's been on, like you know, Joe Rogan's podcast, and you get some.
Speaker 7: My grandfather, so my grandfather was uh twenty three years of the Marine Corps he's passed now, first Force, recon, top secret clearance, all sorts of stuff right space a lot. So I remember my brother when he were a little added, do like an interview somebody interview hero and interview my grandpa, he asked. My Grandpa's answer always stuck me. He said, didn't say no, didn't say yes. He just said the government has stuff that people don't need to know about.
Speaker 1: Because they would ensure pure panic. No ship, My dude, that's better than saying yes. That's my point. I might yes.
Speaker 7: I've hung on that word sinceide since I was like six, And I remember the last time I had breakfast with them before it passed. I was like, Grandpa, like, you need to just like write a book, like just record it, record everything you know, give it to me, right.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing anything. I just want to know, like I just want to have our family.
Speaker 7: It's like all the stop, Sacred Clarence, everything you ever learned from divest you take it to the grave with him.
Speaker 1: He was that hardcore. He's like, nope, take not do a great job. Cool, great job, that's super cool.
Speaker 5: He did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm just curiosity. I know, I tell you whatman does a great job brainwashing. Throw that out there. I'll tell you what they do. They take it all the way they were putting him down.
Speaker 2: They go mission accomplished. Boys, that was the one we had to worry about.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, you're sitting there at the.
Speaker 2: Funeral and this morning and tell me nothing. Didn't tell me nothing about ghosts. But he was probably tapped the hard ghost to you. Yes and no, we're almost thirty minutes into.
Speaker 1: A podcast with no football like this it practice, and we're let's talk about football eventually.
Speaker 2: We will talk about football eventually, and make sure you market down boss when we start talking about football.
Speaker 1: So can tell people in the intro we uh like? Yes and no. So as a Christian, I believe when I die, I go in front of my maker, right like. But I've experienced some some creepy stuff. I know people that have experienced some stuff, right, So I I don't think it's past the realm of possibility that you can be visited. You know.
Speaker 7: I believe, dude, I believe there's angels and demons on earth, right, you know what I mean? So, yeah, I think things can happen. Do I think ghosts can harm me?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah? What about demons. Have you seen paranorm activity. Yeah, I don't do the other thing like I don't like I don't like like spiritual horror movies and ah, you're missing out, buddy. Those are the serious you don't want to believe that. You don't want to those.
Speaker 7: I don't think demons going because as as a Christians is someone that you know has confessed my faith in Christ, I'm untouchable from that.
Speaker 1: Uh boy, then I don't. I don't, I don't. I'm not trying. I'm not trying to push that either. I also know my limits. We talked about know your limitations, know your boundaries, and I tell you, and I ain't going to drink it with I'm gonna say something stupid. They're not as they're not as bad as they like. I'm either gonna want to join them, yeah, or I'm gonna or I'm gonna say stupid, your dad, you know what I mean. I'm with the limitations. So yeah, ghosts, I think so yeah. With that said, I think they're really that. You can you can have some things, but I don't think on that whole like, man, I be honest, I don't know. But paranormal activity, I think that's a bunch of crap. I think if you need to watch it on Netflix stage right, I don't know, it's like Bigfoot, right, it's like big different situation. Did you hear the knock again? Yeah, we'll never get a picture of it, and we heard would be so bad. There's video evidence of the foot. Let's go, let's let's not get hung up on the ghost. Lets let's sting ontost Northwest conspience. Northwest has a lot of nice conspience, but might as well be a ghost. I'm out on that.
Speaker 2: You know, have you heard of the movie The Conjuring Annabelle. Yes, okay, those great horror movies. Two people who like found all that stuff and had their little museum downstairs in their basement. Yes, they had this philosophy that takes twenty eight days to like really experience an either effect, take away, demon or whatever. Twenty eight days you have to be isolated in an area. So Netflix has done this thing. It's like these paranormal activity people. They go into these haunted areas with no information about anything that's happened, and they spend twenty eight days.
Speaker 1: I think it's three teams.
Speaker 2: All three of these teams find out what happened in there, who did it, and all this crazy shit that they had no preregistered.
Speaker 1: Information too, They had no preregistration. Listen, I understand how TV works. I get what you're saying. Until I see someone buddy.
Speaker 7: Sitting there and all of a sudden, the ghost Jackson in the face that it is choking the mouth.
Speaker 1: We got a buddy going in the power of Christ compels you, and a fucking jar moves off a thing. Actually, we had that in college. We have The system is a true story, real thing. I agree. I agree with that one hundred percent. I agree with you believe in purgatory. Point out. I believe you go to heaven. You're either in heaven or hell.
Speaker 2: So you don't think there's a big fucking waiting list to see God. You think when you die, you're just gonna be in front of him. But there's a lot of people that die every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can't.
Speaker 7: But they believe that says you can't even comprehend your your mind can't.
Speaker 1: Dig with I notice at all. Listen. I feel like I figured I figured it out a little bit of when I was banged up a little bit. Oh yeah, I was up in the sky. My boys in a car accident, had a little edible, and I always telling my wife. I was like, I figure, I think I figured out what heaven is. Stick with me, boys, I'm here. I'm listening to break down the moment religion because I think I have a couple of ideas moment religion. I think I think we got to do something there.
Speaker 3: You know, you know how, you know how when you dream like you're just you're just in a dream, and then suddenly you wake up.
Speaker 1: Obviously, when you're dead, you never wake up. What if the entire time like you're in a dream.
Speaker 3: Everybody always like, oh, and you go to heaven, you're gonna see this person, You're gona se About're gonna see all these different people, right, No, no one knows.
Speaker 1: But you're in your own dream, like you're in your own heaven.
Speaker 3: You're seeing everybody that you've like your grandpa that you've explain, you're seeing him in his best ways that you know him to be, Like all of your people that you're seeing, like you're just in a constant dream that's yours forever. Like my dream in heaven's gonna be different than your guys, because we're all gonna be seeing each other differently.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's that's just us being sad by being dreamed dreaming, Like we're just dreaming.
Speaker 7: We're in a dreamer basically, you say, you know, when you die, your soul becomes your sub your subcondent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just because you never like now, you never wake up and get up like I'm seeing my mom, I'm seeing my grandpa, I'm seeing my kids, my friends, I'm seeing them in the ways of the memories that I remember them. And then obviously Streamlin like we're all doing the the best of all time about scary dreams, that's hell. Maybe maybe you're living at Maybe that's the way it is. That maybe you have so many bad things that you just have in your brain that you're just you're experiencing, like that's just your way of that's.
Speaker 1: Your basically where an astuaganda trip or whatever. Yeah, by Alasco, which we need to do that too, by the way, But if I have I don't want to go to hell to find myself. Like how lost are you? It is through it, Boston, The only way to it is through it. I I think you need you need to face the names. It's like you probably got a couple of skeletonism closet that are just itching to come out right now, Like, yeah, when do you get arrested? You know, when you're in the NFL, they all come out, you know, I mean you got to rest in the league a couple of times. Yeah, would you get Dewey's Yeah, hey, listen.
Speaker 2: We'll un back yet later. Get chick on the heaven and hell. Thankers, because I really think that the Mormon religion kind of has it like a full proof plan to get the heap. Well, hang on, what did you think of what my I thought?
Speaker 1: You're thinking, like, you know, so the only thing that is unexplained on that right? Actually? Okay, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 7: So I believe in the rapture that one day Jesus is going to come back and that we will and have but the earth again in eternity.
Speaker 1: Right, But then what do we do? I created the earth, I love a different body. Right.
Speaker 7: That says you'll get your heaven body and one day life will basically eternal, no sin, no sorrow.
Speaker 1: That stuff people that are in hell is living with the absence of God. Okay, but real quick, just off that one statement, how boring would that be? Well, you don't know. I mean, but you can remember everything. In my opinion, everything fun that's been created and awesome is from Christ. So it might be like just endless. I mean you might hear yours that run perfectly straight, just endless loops. He Here's where my dream makes sense, though, you know what I'm saying here, what if you had a raining horse that had a hundred foot slide? What? Yeah, you're getting hey plus one plus here's where my Here's where my dream makes sense. With that one though, it's like you're relieved of all of any pain, Like you're just You're just in peace and happiness. Yeah, you're just Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's like it's like taking Ketmane and just being there all the time. I love to settle this. That's how I like Suttle crap in there talking about heaven. Were talking about kendem me right, you got boys. I think I figured heaven out. You got Will comes and figures out heaven. You got some guy right now listening on cat Trick, Liza's like I'm in heaven and until tomorrow. Yeah, then it all kind of wears off and them scary. So what's Mormon levels?
Speaker 2: I will talk about the moment. I want to talk about what I think heaven is. Okay, real quick, this is you the Mormon. I will tell you this is me. Okay, Heaven if heaven is truly real, which I'm not saying's not say it is. I'm just saying for the arguments out there, I think when you die, you go to whatever land that is, it's paradise, and every single person you know is also there with you because time is no longer a concept.
Speaker 1: So like, let's say I die.
Speaker 2: The minute I die, you're there with me. You might have died forty years later, but I get to be with you right now because there's no longer a feed of time.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In my grandfather died, he's gonna see me the minute he opens his eyes and goes through the gates.
Speaker 1: I think that is exactly what that is. That's actually thank you, It's actually yeah. I was gonna yeah, I was playing off a wheel stick. I wasn't. No, no, no, I'm very much. But I think, like what you just said, I think we're I think we're figuring this ship. I think because again, like like this is a whole new stuff for bus, Like we we could we could be dreaming tonight garling dreams and we're in them, like we're just yeah my dream every night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but me and you were hanging out in my dream currently even though you're sleeping. Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I really you're talking about dude, Well, think about all these Well I don't think that creeps living in the metaverse. I don't know about reality, but what if the metaverse is reality whole? My like ready player one right, yeah, or like exception, because it's hard for me to believe that my conscious has been doing all of this stuff for life and then all of a sudden it's just black and there's no there's no like standing up or but it's just the way we're thinking. You won't feel anything. It's just over. Definitely. What why is there a reason of fear death? Then? No? No, no, no, well I think no one ever really know. But like I love life, so I don't want to die. Going all the way back to the Dragon's comment, right right, You've got these people that have a five thousand year old word for dragon. There's not a civilization on earth that has existed, that does not believe in an after life of some form. Yeah, I can't want you to think. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe, like there's a zero partment that can believe there's just absence. Well, and then it's just zero part. Try to try to think of absence. We even trying to talking about it before.
Speaker 2: It's impossible, Yeah, to think about absence because Eve, when you think about asence, you think about black. Like if you're in a room with everything, you can't see anything, but then even in your mind you're like, I'm seeing nothing because you're just still seeing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that craziest shit ever? Oh yeah, Bro, if you believe you have a soul, then you believe you don't. You're not just so that this is.
Speaker 7: This is what I love you talking about you like you know you're having this are your conversations with people have views differently. I like having conversations with like, you know, atheists or agnostic.
Speaker 1: People or people that don't believe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, and then because I like to go back and say, well, you know, oh you don't have faith.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: The whole concept of faith throws people for a loop. But the reality is everybody has faith. Just what is your faith then?
Speaker 1: Right? People just have a faith in nothing? Right, Right, so there's well still believing in something. But yes, but you're putting all your eggs in one basket.
Speaker 7: Like I'm like, listen, I'm not a gambler, but right, you know, if I believe over here and I do what's right to that, I'm gonna get right.
Speaker 1: Like, if it really is nothing, my bets are hedged. If you have your all your faith enough. But if all your if all your eggs are in the basket of nothingness and heaven and hell does exist, that tough dark. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there's so many different varieties of your religious choice, Like there's every religion for religions, just say so every.
Speaker 7: Religion has the same premise of a higher power. So I should say the main ones, right.
Speaker 1: The core points.
Speaker 7: The core point is right, you know, you got you know, I don't know what the Hindu religion and that kind of stuff, but you take like you know, Judaism, Christianity and Muslim right, like the premise of it is, it's the same God. Our our variances are and how you how we get about wea christ Christians believe in Jesus, he's the Messiah, right, Muslims don't. They believe Jesus was a prophet, and they believe obviously more of the Old Testament of the kran of it almost.
Speaker 1: Works, will get you to a certain level. Juda is the same way.
Speaker 7: Judy believes in obviously God as the whole, but it doesn't necessarily believe Jesus himself is Messiah, and Messiah so doesn't come right. And again for all the scholars out there, don't hate you, but that's the simplistic version.
Speaker 1: So the you are, you are lily dropping some knowledge that right now, at the core of it, at the core of every religion, there's a higher power, right, and that you're that you're deemed to have to atone to even scientology they believe in a fricking mothership. And you have to pay, you know, you have to pay that with the one guy a lot of money. And then you're saying, isn't forgiven because now you're neutral whatever that is. It's a wild deal.
Speaker 2: But definitely don't want Scientology not on your bad side, like you want to keep them because yeah, well murk, you were just like kind of like chase you around a little bit like your phone call the phones or something like that.
Speaker 1: Now, what you're saying is, so you're saying, there's there's.
Speaker 2: God, and everybody has like Judaism, Muslim and uh, Christianity, we're all gonna we're gonna put this.
Speaker 1: As God here exactly. Everyone has those three religions.
Speaker 2: You have three different road maps, which one actually leads to the God because not all three can, right, Otherwise we could believe in all three.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, And that's and that's where that's where faith comes in. Right. So through through my through the Bible, that's a book called The Case for Christ. Right.
Speaker 7: It's actually written by an atheist. I won't spoil if anybody wants to go to is the Chicago That one's a popular one too, because there's a Chicago investigative journalist, right, and his wife was a Christian, he was an atheist, and he goes down this entire investigative journey and at the end he has to take all the evidence that he has and he's like, basically, I'm at a crossroads. You have to make a decision for against right. But with that said, it's again it's you know, yes, through through my study of the Bible through through my belief system what I've taught, right, I obviously a Christian. I believe that the Messiah, and that's the way we're going not to say that, you know. Again, I mean the.
Speaker 1: Muslims one of the oldest religions.
Speaker 7: I don't know how God is gonna view like, you know, a devout muzzle, you know, because they have again the same God, obviously different we we believe sends our tone for differently. That's kind of the kind of the deal. So yeah, with that said, that's that's that's everybody rolls, I guess.
Speaker 3: And you were basically saying you enjoy having those conversations because ultimately, like it's like a faith based thing.
Speaker 7: I do, because I think you can find I think you can find supportive uh, you can find supportive information within like it's in the Bible, because the Kran, the Old Testament, and the Torah are pretty much the same, right his homework.
Speaker 1: You do say, like nine A relations are basically the same. It's the New Testment for us that's different. Right.
Speaker 7: So so again, I I enjoy you know, learning road maps and especially talking with scholars.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that because I think just a little close to your face. Expand, Uh, you expand that. I'm not used to having things in my mind like right, well, yeah, we'll do put anything anywhere. You know what I'm saying, love theme to the bus. That's why we're in a warehouse on a bus. Yeah. I don't don't tell people where this is now. You know what, the bat cave, this is nice without air conditioning. We got some America has to turn it up. That would be nice. I'm a little sweaty.
Speaker 3: Can we turn off the AC back there or just or just starting not up there? I'm talking about outside there.
Speaker 1: Don't have you guys, You guys don't have like just someone like Fanning you I wish man. We haven't made that kind of money yet.
Speaker 2: We we're gonna work on that back there like this, yeah, yeah, no blowers on the bus just yet. We're still working on the fluffs.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Obviously all super interesting, incredibly interesting ideas, and it is like, how do you figure out? I think on Joe Rogan's pockets, he had something on there and it was like love a bro Jogan talking love it, love it, dude, But I never listened to it.
Speaker 1: I think you'd really enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I think you'd really.
Speaker 1: Right now, you never listened to a podcast? Oh really until after today? After now, Yeah, I don't really like listening to myself talk because I'm pretty sure I'll say something stupid along the way, but I have to relive it. I'm like, we say dumb shit all the time. People remind us all the time that don't.
Speaker 2: Well that is great when you go on the bird and people are like you said this, and it's like, well, I've changed my mind now, Like it's that easy. Should you remember about anything? But uh, Rogan had some guy on there and either Roman said this or this. This gentleman said, this is like having us understand the idea of life in the universe is like trying to have a mouse understand a cell phone.
Speaker 1: Like you can't.
Speaker 2: We can't fully our brains can't fully grasp the idea of what's truly around us. Have you ever seen just like been on Instagram and seeing somebody show you like what our solar system is and all the other so like it shows like let's say where you are, and it just starts zooming out.
Speaker 1: I sent you that video? Did you send me that? That's for the Beyond the Wall one? No different but going back, you never even laying in bed, like on a room, and they just zoom out. It's insanity. And it's like, it's that because if the space is truly infinite, we'll just look outside when you're an airplane. Yeah, like you also see the curve on a clear day, the curve of the earth. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Right now because it's mirror, there's a there's a mirror, yeah, fucking reflecting back at you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, They like probably the one.
Speaker 7: Honestly, that's probably the one topic I would love to have a conversation with somebody. At at some point, I'm probably just gonna be like, probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, which one?
Speaker 1: Which one? These flatters than lizard people, it's up there.
Speaker 7: It's because it's it's it's rational people telling you, like a lizard person, I expect.
Speaker 1: Them to be off their rocker. Yeah right, I can understand that you're talking to them for an experience. Yeah, you're like, you gotta he's got his tongue splitting scales tattooed on him. Yeah, he made his life decisions. Not done it good, He's done it.
Speaker 7: Here's like normal people like arguing about flatters. And then I'm like, you're not so normal anymore.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, like you was. There's a globe and planets and have telescopes and they look at them like were you were the only planet? We're spinning eight hundred miles an hour east.
Speaker 3: Some people's right now, government trying to control the way we're seeing everything.
Speaker 1: Conspiracy there.
Speaker 3: Maybe your grandpa didn't tell you because he was tapped the whole time. He realized if I tell him, they're gonna kill my whole family.
Speaker 1: I guess right. Imagine that you were the reason why your whole family had to die, because oh damn, that'd be so tough. That'd be tough pill to.
Speaker 7: Swall Before explain how I took off in Australia, I ended up back in La.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a whole conspiracy theory that Australia is not even a real place. There is a whole conspiracy theory. They put you up, they're in the air, and they fly in circles for hours and hours and hours, and they land you somewhere Australia whatever that is like that, but really you're not very far off from where you were.
Speaker 1: That is just it was like flight three, what was it, the Indonesian Flight three Agasis.
Speaker 2: Right, there is a flight from like the fifties that took off in New York to Miami, and I'm going to butcher it.
Speaker 1: But the flight disappeared off the radar. No one could find it.
Speaker 2: And then like twenty years later in the seventies, this flight lands in Miami and all those people thought they're on a plane for two hours.
Speaker 1: Netflix called Manifest. Yes, bro, I've watched it. That's a show. Yeah, no, no, no, no, that's a true story. I've never seen that show. That's a true story. Prove it. Prove it and I promise.
Speaker 3: And then when they landed, the government was basically killed them off or control them for experimentation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know that part. I just know that this shit happened.
Speaker 8: Prove it.
Speaker 1: It's Manifest based on a true story. You read it? Well, you know what was that good at reading? Well? Manifest does reference real life events, artifacts, and people. The show is not based on a true story. It's purely a work of fictions coming from the mind of creator Jeff Raight. I'm going by, dude, I'm standing by what right. Really, I've never seen this ship right now. And I know, but right now somebody out there was just like, well the Wan said this right right gospel, and that's now getting posted. And I guarantee somewhere in the metaverse there is going to be a freaking time travel like something about time traveling travel.
Speaker 3: Somebody's that somebody's gonna be a Cetaria lunch room like vain sticking out of their neck trying to prove what you're saying is correct. I believe I stand by them, and going off the whole uh element of the faith and all this stuff, like the one of the human needs being certainty every people find certainty in like making themselves believe those knowing knowing there's certain that that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Here's it here, Okay, here are ones that are more like on the on the era. Jerry might have to be a regular on the show. We work another years. Hopefully COVID doesn't happen again. Your guys, is a j Hawk pop on for an hour. We're not doing it in zoom though. You have to drive here, and we're not even talking ball, we're just talking house. You release this good for you one?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you feel about JFK. Was that inside job by the government or the mafia? Who So let's go down this road's fun when you when you played in Dallas.
Speaker 1: This is a perfect segue to the NFL. Lamar Hunt. We're connecting JFK to the NFL. People really want to see it, I know people.
Speaker 7: So if you read Lamar Hunt Junior's book, he talks about his death. So his dad was an avid like right wing Republican pretty much right. I hated JFK. They found a business card the f by they say they they say they obviously investigated all this. The guy who drove Learvey all Dwells right as a shot, dude, the driver of him was found with Lamar Hunt Junior's business card in his office. He was he interviewed for a janitorial position at the at the Hunt business really and the theory was, like, why would a person for a janitor job be interviewing with the president of the company, the son of the owner of this company of Lamar Oil whatever Hunt Industry.
Speaker 1: I don't know what their company name is. Chief's owner, Yeah, the old not the new. And Lamar Hunt. Uh so Clark Hunt, Lamar Hut Junior was there when Eric when I when he drives to me Chiefs that cheated this past sweet sweet man, I love. But it's and it's in it's in their own books so they obviously. But yeah, that the guy who drove the shooter of JFK was found with his business card in his pocket and his dad, uh not his Laura Hunt senior.
Speaker 7: Uh mister, his dad, mister, his dad, mister Hunt because Lamar Lamar Hunt Junior is not Lamar Hunt was the owner of the.
Speaker 1: Chief of Lamar Hun Junior is still live. Sorry I corrected myself, that's the Sun.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, so Lamar Hunt's business card was found in this dude's deal and it talks about how his dad had like two separate.
Speaker 1: Families, right, like they didn't know about it, like he had on two super side.
Speaker 7: Alice, right, but he was obviously that's a limited But JFK is assassination. He was investigated through the potential connection of the Hunt family, which is in the you know obviously NFL owner and.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs and the Chiefs which cheated last night. Yeah, I didn't watch the game. What happened. I saw, I saw the times were smoking.
Speaker 2: That part's not important I really want to dive into this JFK thing. Obviously you played in Dallas at at some point in your career. Did you ever go down to where JFK the buddy? They had literally have x's where the first shot was, the second show was, and there's conspiracy theorists all over the place, and then there's the building with the windows still cracked the way.
Speaker 1: It was when he was shot. It is a wild deal. Well, not only that, have you heard.
Speaker 2: About the similarities between Lee Harvey Oswald and John Wilkes Booth that's the guy who'shot Abraham Lincoln, Right, Yeah, have you heard like it's like insanely similar situations, insanely And so they.
Speaker 1: Did an episode on too like the how fast Gerald Ford was? Gerald Ford? I believe what? No? Was it Johnson? I'm sorry Johnson got Johnson was vice president? Correct Google that I don't listen. I'm what year we'll do the internet? It was a fifty four sixty something vice resident of JFK. Yeah, anyways, how fast he was? Like it was yeah, Lynda B.
Speaker 7: Johnson like he was like Air Force two was there and they shouldn't have happened because they should have never been in the same spot at the same time my Air Force two was there. He was immediately like sworn into office, like before he was even confirmed that he was dead.
Speaker 1: No way, there's all sorts of weird. So where do you stand? What do you stand on JFK. Was it an inside job? Is hell? That's all I'm gonna say. I don't think it was random. Uh So, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 7: I am not a conspiracy theorist by far usually right, but I do think I'm also not like a big coincidence guy. Yeah, Like there's too much shady crap that you can you can piece together with real evidence to say that JFK likely not a random event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm buying that stock. Yeah. I mean, just like it's aggressing no situation too with the mafia.
Speaker 7: And I just don't understand the play. Like again, I have to go back and read up on so I you know, read up on it, but I don't. I don't necessarily what the benefit would have been, know, to take them out, But I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just presidentially like you know, he was probably doing something on the inside we didn't know about for sure, And I think that's another thing that goes back that kind of circles us all the way back to our sovid thing or just in general, like us, the gen pop we sit here and we pretend like we have all the answers.
Speaker 1: No, we know, we have no idea what's going on in the government. We have no we have no clue.
Speaker 2: I mean we have there's clues, there's clues, but we have we truly have no idea what's truly going on YouTube people understand that we'll.
Speaker 7: Get on whatever side they're on, and then they start yelling really loud, yeah, and they're like, don't like, don't follow the herd or some crap like whatever they're saying. It's like, you're just getting fed. You're getting fed right wing information. This idiot is getting fed left winging information right right. And then like the majority of us are just too busy working trying to make a dollar, you know, the care where it's like what why why all the squeaky wheels get the grease? Yeah, but it just it drives me nuts. People are like, Nope, that's it's like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 7: When I was talking to something and I asked him, I was like, where did you get that information. Oh, it's right here on like freaking b k x T news. You don't have bkx I'm like, yeah. The f is that it was like something first site to any site you have to log on with like a back slash, an abbreviated word, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like dot net like it's not truth. If the title says this is the truth, it's probably a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gotta be a tough deal. It's got to be a tough deal for us all to figure that whole thing.
Speaker 7: But yes, we're all just getting fed crappy information and the information stream no one knows it's infinite, right.
Speaker 3: That's why you gotta have a fluid That's why you just gotta have a fluid mind. Not take life so seriously. Enjoy the ride man half phone with everybody around you.
Speaker 1: You get on board, baby, Yeah, po podcast got hit.
Speaker 7: If you got hit by a bus tomorrow, probably pretty pissed off that you were down at like the school boards screaming and like threatening doctors and probably and then like it's the better ways to waste your last breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. But you know, people are just addicted to problems. People are died the drama. Yeah, yeah, it's just not equals problem. Sure. A lot of people like to insert themselves and other people and problems help people like relate to whoever's like in their tribe, just so they feel like some sort of significance. Yeah, they want to be a fixer. Everybody thinks they're a fixer, right, They're gonna fix everything. Yeah, I got the answer for that ball. What do you think about Mormons? Real quick? You want to they're more interested in you intrigued because I went to with a bunch of more and everybody who's listening probably fuck they got off the they got off the cell. Okay, so I'll be quick. So uh this kid and he was he's a Mormon kid.
Speaker 2: Like, by the way, if you meet a Mormon person, are they not the nicest people you've ever met in your life?
Speaker 1: Ever? They're friends.
Speaker 2: They give you up to something vibes, because if you're gonna be that nice, you up to something.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a problem. I can't trust anybody. Devices gotta have a vice to have a vice. So this this individual does not have any vices.
Speaker 2: And there's another kid in our room who's Christian hardcore bim and the most fun thing is you get a five minute breaking meetings and you just watch them go at it each popcorn out and you're just enjoying it. And then once such a slow down, you kind of pepper something in there for sure if it keeps going. Now, I was in Tampa Bay or Practicants practicinganst the Buccaneers, and I pulled this. I was like, hey, give me the rundown on being a Mormon, and basically I'm gonna butcher it. So if you are Mormon out there, I'm so sorry. But basically, there's layers to heaven. It's like Terror Massoux and obviously the one, the top notch dog is what you want to be, like, you want to be in that one.
Speaker 1: If that shuttles the white people, I allegedly, okay, so just for the white guys, but they've changed that along with the multiple Why won't they won't claim that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so if you look at the hierarchy calendar, it's just a bunch of old yeah, white dudes.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, but everyone everyone has to think.
Speaker 7: It was like, yeah, if you were a person of color, you couldn't get into the highest levels of heaven, and Mormon religion.
Speaker 2: That's a tough deal. That's that's a tough swing for the Mormon religion. But there's all like, you know, the Catholics have their prest boy thing going on. I think the Christians were big on that.
Speaker 1: Christians theirs. There was actually more abuse in the more mature I'm not doing this with you. Google outside my clone right now. I like the water is not as deep as what's happening in your head about him. I'm thinking about who's listening, Jared. My point is we're in the South, dude, I'm doing my best.
Speaker 7: My point is, what do you got certain things? There's there's what I said, My whole point is when people seem too perfect up front, usually hiding some crap.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with that. The day the elevator, so there's there's levels. Obviously the top one a spaceship just for white people. And I was like, hey, so what happens when you got back to the picture. He just had it pulled up, go back to the hierarchy picture of all the founders.
Speaker 1: I just saw it up there. Oh back again, they keep going there was it had the big imagery of the I think it's just going back and forth, things beam, Yeah, a lot of pails. All right, let's that's a top deal. I didn't make this up. I'm not Mormon. It doesn't hurt me. It doesn't hurt on those levels. No, those are.
Speaker 2: Those people who are officially Those are people that are officially am So when you die, if you don't believe, you're like, if you're like me, who's not Mormon, you go into purgatory. It's like a waiting room, and you can only leave purgatory once you believe there's really no hell.
Speaker 1: The bottom floor is purgatory. So I asked him.
Speaker 2: I was like, what what is the first level? And he's like, it's like Earth, but a little bit better. And I go, that's perfect because.
Speaker 1: I love Earth.
Speaker 2: I will literally I might be Mormon now, because all you have to do is once you die, you go. You go in this waiting room. Some reception at the desk is like, hey, they'll see you when you believe this paperwork. But the issue is it's just as I it's as I die, gunshot boom, I'm gone, I wake up. I'm in a waiting room. I am now sitting here with a lady going, hey, once you believe, you can leave.
Speaker 1: I well, no, do you have your insurance courses and you forgot and you forgot all your ship. You literally, once you get into purgatory, you've already they've proven. So there's now you believe in what's real. Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So literally, being Mormon is a full proof plan of getting to heaven, full proof level didn't do all that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't go that far. I was really just focused on level one. Okay, so I know I can get there. I've been to I've been to a Mormon wedding.
Speaker 7: There, so I've been to a Mormon wedding and I've been to it Mormon uh like baptism and uh so it's a Mormon wedding and you're not allowed to go to the temple, right, so this is this is fact too.
Speaker 1: Oh buddy, I got something. Women.
Speaker 7: Women can't get to the levels of heaven like that their husbands can unless they get called by their chosen name, which I like to assume it's like like an alien name.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, people they know what they're that's why they get married. You have to be cleansed or whatever, and then you can get into the temple and only certain people can go into the temple during the marriage ceremony because that's where I guess the wife gets her chose a name or whatnot, and then that'll bring you that that's a level that they can they can't make it the t they can't get to the next level of having a list, like they get called by their for their husbands chose a name and again probably getting canceled for this because well I learned this years ago.
Speaker 7: But my my favorite argument with Mormons are is I asked people, I go, oh, when was your religion founded? And they're like, oh, you like, you know, seventeen ninety six by Joseph Smith or bringing me on whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, that's funny. Mine's just the beginning.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, but if you haven't established and I have good friends that are Mormon, I've had this conversation with them.
Speaker 1: Right, if your religion has an established date, if the starter has a social Security number, it's probably not on par with what you're saying. Some of the religion's nineteen I'm all for it. That's pretty far back from we could start one kind of yeah. I mean a lot of people start them. I mean the tax breaks. But no, I just some of the some of some of the.
Speaker 7: Smartest people I know, outing the smartest people that I know or Mormon, and I just I shake my head sometimes. And because you got the Book of Mormon in the Bible, Yeah you can't, can't.
Speaker 1: Joseph Smith found that Book of Mormon.
Speaker 2: Yes, Joseph at one point, I'm pretty sure there was well yeah, but listen, he wasn't a horse the lowest.
Speaker 1: That's Morethur Smith Dife stuff.
Speaker 2: There is just so when you're talking about a temple, there's like like things you have to go through in the Temple of Mormonism to like get in. There's actually secret handshakes. I went as far as to learn one of those secret handshakes. So he would I honestly do it if that guy forgot it. But I did do this, found out he wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Allowed in the temple. Oh that I'm not gonna if who found a story like if if the temple of the guys on there, Yeah they found out. Yeah, you can't. Like so first of all, too, so I didn't find out through him. I found out. I found out to somebody else. Okay, but yeah, I was when we were in when we were in Tampa, I went up to him and I did the handshake to him, and he's like, big smiley guy. He's like, don't ever do that again.
Speaker 2: That can't ever do that again. He was like, legitimately, I won't ever do that again. I was like to the point where I say, I am so sorry. I obviously found an envelope and I pushed it too much. Point to that being that there is proof that it's cult dish hold on.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not far off there. That's like.
Speaker 7: It's like a fraternity or you throw up a cute you throw up a Q dog sign. If you're not a cute dog, you're good at me. Crap kicked out? Is it's a club then, because if you're gonna fight somebody over a handshake into your club, like religion is supposed to be all encompassing, all welcoming. So you can't fight me because I learned your handshake. That's not cool. That means you're hiding some crap.
Speaker 1: I got a question hit in the temple. I got a question.
Speaker 3: I gotta get that motherfucker the Mormon stuff. I'm not as like privy to all this. Are we gonna get killed for this conversation. I'm kind of nervous. You kind of take it a stick. Literally, you're a grave digger right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just keep taking interest.
Speaker 3: Opinion by Jared Allen on Woman all his opinions myself Taylor too, you get some stuff wrong.
Speaker 1: Free boys.
Speaker 7: But again it's fascinating because I'm like, I just have we just have a church, like anybody go into our into the church. Yeah right, I don't know what's with the secret temple? Can we put and again, can we pull the picture back up? We pulled the picture back up and highlight this that looks more like a stockbroker's like a banking system, and it does the.
Speaker 1: Encompassing a lot of bald heads on there, a lot of a lot of all. I can find my CPA right there, not necessarily necessarily my pastor. Listen, this has been fun. This has been a we gotta we gotta get once we'll put up death.
Speaker 2: I was like, we really should get the fuck out of here. By the way, on eighth have you been on eighth eighth Avenue the Scientology building? Have you seen the Scientology building? No learning, No go in there? Monday through Friday. There's free personality tests. Wow, check it out sometimes and.
Speaker 1: What personality test? Why? Ron?
Speaker 7: Does anybody know what on the one on hills with the mink is that Minka Micah? What's that temple all about down there?
Speaker 1: T'me my up Ethel No old went on Old Hickory and on Hillsborough in the corner of Old Hills Grown on Hickory or I think it's on that or just like those you're going to Franklin m I c h A Like yeah, if you're going, uh south on Hillsborough right, no, no, no, past it past that all the way down right on Old on Old Hickory and hills Brothers that like in my c h A Micah temple or something. I don't know, but that I know Bethel.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people up in arms about Bethel, which is on Old Hickory right before Granny White.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lived. I lived down the street from there. I've never gotten in that one, but yeah, yeah, it was just like a Baptist church, isn't it. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know that I used to live off Mary Helen and Grannie White, which was like right next to greeny White Market, and uh, theres always be these big signs like stop Bethel and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh, yeah, they were they were trying to know, they were trying to build out of that. We were trying to do some light show or something like that. Yeah, well it was nothing about the church. That's a Christian based church. You're gonna protect them.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I listen, I've never been in there outreach church world outreach.
Speaker 7: I think, right, yeah, okay, oh man, that's educated. But no, I will say this to all the all the moral listeners like I have. It was just just half joking. But I got a lot of good friends that.
Speaker 1: But again, hey, I love how we're all trying to tie up loose. Go ahead, I'm going there. There's a lot of good people in the Mormon religion of people these people say, I was actually gonna say, I wish someone would explain this to me. So when I was in college, I went to school with a bunch of missionaries, right, and they came, they came back, and they can play football to the thirty because you get, you know, an exemption to kill your NFL career.
Speaker 7: Yes, for sure, but you would they weren't allowed to drink pepsi on their missions trips.
Speaker 1: Or go in the water, was responsored by Coke.
Speaker 7: Well, then yeah, then they went and bought like I think they ended up buying fifty one percent of pepsi and then they could drink pepsi.
Speaker 1: Pro you're lying, it's true.
Speaker 7: And then I was told by a person one hundred percent the Mormon Church of the guy I can fucking mom the Mormon Church.
Speaker 1: The Mormon I watched TV, but you guys, definitely the Mormon Church at some point owned like a large chunk. I believe it was in PEPSI. Again, verify me if I'm wrong, I apologize, but I'm going to put out what's your social media one? Right, go ahead and verify me the wrong.
Speaker 7: I do apologize for I uh, but I was straight up told this out of the horse's mouth of a return missionary that said they weren't allowed to go on the water, like while they're on their mission trips.
Speaker 1: I was like, why couldn't you go on the water? They were like they said because in they're belief or whatever outside the United States or whatever it was, that the devil controlled the water. They weren't allowed to go into the water. Interesting again. Levels levels, it's levels levels, levels, I get listen, I like next. I'm sorry, Mormons, I really don't know. Here's here's what's Mormonism a real word? Yeah, yeah, Mormonism, Mormonism Okay, I just didn't know if we were just putting it. By the way, Hey, did you notice this? I did. I saw the little bag. I didn't say nothing boss the whole time. That's where you're going to mullet. I'm going to mullet situates it. I decided about a week ago, went to Alan give you. You didn't let them. You didn't let him give you a fade though. I don't want to fade fade that thing up right here a little bit. I don't want to do that. I'm telling you, what do you mean, it's the next move.
Speaker 2: I'll do it next time, just to fucking do it. But I don't like it real tight in the sides. I like to have a little bit of something here, yeah, like wings.
Speaker 1: You know, I do look like you faded yours on the side before I had it. I've had I've had it tired, I've had a Sometimes you gotta look at the racist stripes in there. Sometimes you gotta let the flow go. Yeah, I get it. Listen, Mormons, I'm sorry all let's go. We interrupt this episode to bring you the Ridge Wallet. The Ridge Wallet is an ultra slim, minimalist wallet and I'm literally I just found out, Blash, you have the Ridge Wallet. Yeah, I have the Ridge Wallet. Keychain for anybody who professional quick, for any kenny, you know, I got the I got the keychain. How is the keychain? Because it says the keychain secures anywhere from two to six keys, that organizes your keys? Is that? Are you in love with the ridgewallet? Brother? Come on now, we got some problem with it.
Speaker 6: It holds on my keys. I got my house key, I got my key to the bus. It organizes them pretty well. It's pretty compact and it doesn't make any weird noises. You know those annoying keys fit well in your pocket. It's incredible in my pocket.
Speaker 2: What color did you get? Do you use the carbon fiber, the burnt titanium? Would you do the black?
Speaker 6: And I'll show the camera right here, black Ridge Wallet.
Speaker 3: I love that, brother, The Ridge Wallet. The we just talked about the keychain that bloss has. The Ridge wallet is. It is an ultra minimalist wallet. It holds up to twelve cars plus room for cash. There are over thirty colors and styles, including the carbon fiber and burnt titanium and clearly black that bloss he has. It's made with RFID blocking technology that protects you from digital pickpocketers.
Speaker 1: That's real.
Speaker 3: Get the best offer at Ridge dot com for slash busting and say forty percent through December twenty second. Guys, this isn't ten percent, this isn't fifteen, this isn't twenty. We're talking forty percent off up until December twenty second. By this for your homie out there that know that you know he needs a wallet. He needs something new, not that fat stack wall where he's gonna throw this lumbar out. You need that minimalist wallet and it's the Ridge Wallet, Ridge dot com for slash bussing.
Speaker 1: Uh, say forty percent. Back to the episode. I have a question. I hope people. I hope people realize this is pure comedy because you can probably have a we have a we are our audiences us comedian or this is we're comedy, we're comments. I got I got a comedy card in my wallets. Here you go, you're part of that. I'm gonna stand up like I'm a comedian. Yeah, I was with him that day. I count we did a live show. We're comedians. We did a live show at Danny's. Was sold up and were We're done. Nice. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of a big deal. Anyway, let's go to football. At a minute, sorry, an hour and eight minutes.
Speaker 3: I have a question, go ahead, will how have you been feeling about this, this new roughing the past or all these roughing the pastor pillal.
Speaker 7: We're just as long as we're going on the path that being brutally honest and defending everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, no, it's this. It's the stupidest thing on the face of the earth. It really is.
Speaker 7: Like again, I just don't understand. Like they make the most money, they should assume the most risk. In my opinion, the quarterback should assume the most risk. You make the most money.
Speaker 1: That's a strong start.
Speaker 7: The NFL wants to protect it, I get it, but don't but come out and just be honest about it. Don't say you're protecting it because of player safety, because it's not players safety.
Speaker 1: It's play your singular safety. You're protecting quarterbacks, that's all you're.
Speaker 7: Doing, and it I think it changes the outcome of games when from a defensive standpoint, you can't rattle a guy, right, I think anything malicious needs to be taken out right, and that you want tide about player safety. Take away you know intent, you know, inside out or outside in low blocks, right, and take away. And like even if a guard is pulling and you know we used the knife knees of guards that were pulling right crackbacks. I get all that, right, take take that the malicious out but you take like the Jones play, You take the there's so many examples of.
Speaker 1: Guys making great plays and then you getting punished for it, or you take you look at Tom Brady a few weeks ago with the Atlanta game.
Speaker 7: You look at it now, they're saying, like, I mean, you got pads on, right, So how are you supposed to be running full speed tackle somebody? But oh, let me gently lay you down. Sorry, I was never in that control of my body. I'm not that good of an athlete.
Speaker 1: So I just I just think you you hinder the tactics of the game, right, flashing in front of a quarterback, and you you know more you try to, like we try to be in contact with the quarterback all the time.
Speaker 7: I'm bumping them on the way back. I'm talking to them, I'm telling you and letting them know like we're coming, We're gonna be around them, because if I can get you to chicken wing a ball or you know, I think you're gonna get your hand hit on a helmet, or you know, if I can you know, look at the last play the Green Bay Commander's game a few weeks back, right, he steps in there and makes that throat of the sile on the out with a D lineman trying to like chicken wing him in his chest.
Speaker 1: Whether a D lineman would have ran through his neck, you know.
Speaker 7: Put his helmet right unerneath his chin, or had his arm up not worrying about accidentally tapping him on the face mask into fifteen yards.
Speaker 1: Maybe that arm gets pulled back, Maybe that outcomes different. So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just think, like you know, malicious hits should go away. But things that happened in the act of play, you know, by by throwing a flag on house, somebody puts somebody on the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's ridiculous. Do you think following your entire body weight on a quarterback is fine?
Speaker 2: Okay, the rules are pretty ass backwards because if you're in the pocket, you can't go low in the quarterback. As soon as the quarterback breaks the pocket, the smartest move is to go low because if you go high, you can get a rough. In the past, hundred percent, it's a it's a backwards a deal.
Speaker 3: And even on the one with Brady again, that dude, it was the most he cowboy tackled him and just rolled him over his bike. What you're saying he threw him too hard to the ground, Yeah, which you know what I'm saying Like that, it's basically like a rat tackle. He's doing everything right in the situation violence.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, I'm not gonna go on top of him. I'm not gonna be off top. He's around his waist and going like this and doesn't even like whiplash. No, as soon as you news he's going on and letting go. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, then become popular because of the dancing and the end zone, you know what I mean. Like, it became popular because it was a violent sport and people like watching grown men and and you know, and and see the athleticism amongst that violence.
Speaker 1: Right, So to take that away or try to enact to.
Speaker 7: That again, you can the right way if he if he tackled the running back like that, Right, if he tackled the running back like that, fine, that's fine. But because it's the quarterback, so you're saying the quarterback is a bigger, worse than everybody else, right, I mean, that's that's my point of it.
Speaker 1: It's it's absolutely stupid. Yeah, I mean, it affects.
Speaker 7: The outcome of a game. You're penalizing a guy for winning. You're penalizing a guy for tackling somebody. How he's and he's already adjusted, right, he could have slammed and he rolled him over that, right there is agreedious Like Tom Brady should try to kick him, look at it. He should have thrown a flag on him or kick him. They should test the air on the ball. Oh yeah, the thing if you pancake me, right, if you were to dump a defensive end happened in twenty sixteen. I've watched the tape on that one. Let's review that. Let's review that please.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen, it probably apens I didn't play in twenty six, twenty fifteen, fifteen, the review.
Speaker 7: Flag on that saying if you get dumped right by an office line or a defensive lineman.
Speaker 1: They're not calling that if I blow my shoulder out, because what's happened to me.
Speaker 7: I got landed on by somebody, blew my ac joint out and like eight right, and I can't remember what game it was, and that's not a not a penalty. So why is it that if a running back or a quarterback gets flung to the grounds, then it's fifteen yard And the statistics that show like if you get a penalty within a drive that continues at first, like most time, at least to a touchdown, so you're generally affecting the score.
Speaker 1: And that's what's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about this last night when the Titans were playing the Chiefs. There were so many flags thrown on both teams. I think it was equal at the end, but uh, it seems like every year when you sit in team meetings, they always have refs come in to practice and they say, hey, these are the new rules. This is what the point of emphasis, emphasis is, and it's always like it's their idea of trying to meet the game better and safer. But it's like, there's so much more to worry about now you're thinking about too much shit. Yeah, when you're trying to play the game. Also scoring they have these stupid ideas in the uniform too, like who gives a shit how you wear your uniform. The big thing this year was you have to have your knee pads all over your knees. It's like, who fucking cares?
Speaker 1: I want to see the stat that says that little thin piece of foam, Yeah, good luck, good luck, And I'll tell you now, I don't let you know if you would have had your knee pad properly, it probably would have worked out. It's just fine. It definitely wasn't It was definitely up here.
Speaker 2: But it's just it's just frustrating because it seems like they do these tiki tacky things to make it seem like safety is a priority when you can do other things for safety. Helmets have gotten a whole lot better from when you started playing to the end of your career. You could see the helmets getting better.
Speaker 1: Rocked the original Ride Dell the whole time that I saw the one I wore the same one and it was it was a badass helmet, but they just neverminded it in like I think sixteen or.
Speaker 7: Some promise they came out with a concussion proof helmet. And then you take these dudes that are running like you got linebackers running, you know, sub four fours these days, right low four fours, and you're telling this guy he has a concussion proof helmet, and so he's gonna lead with his head and.
Speaker 2: Just right, you know, destroy himself. Yeah, that's it's just fucking The whole thing is a little frustrating. It seems like some of the passeengery of the game is being taken away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well again, Yeah, I think it just and they don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think they realize that there's there's strategical things about everything.
Speaker 1: Right. It's the same way, you know, you guys just be able to motion a tied end, you know, from the outside. Oh yeah, and get ear hold as I'm pass rush mode.
Speaker 2: I happened like two three times yesterday. And guess what they still allow that to happen. That's brutal.
Speaker 7: It wasn't Vandibosh. I think the Texans did it against you Goes Vanderbosh kids flown across, takes out a detackle's knee and again that's okay. But again I'm like, all right, let it ride, because that's the heck of a way to you know, to tour a defensive end from.
Speaker 1: I definitely got I gotta recognize, right. So I mean again, at what point is that like, well, a chip block?
Speaker 7: I mean, thinking about it, if you haven't taken a chip block to the rib cage, it doesn't feel good. You're you know, your liver, You're like what you chraikis how am I not defense? I'm engaged with somebody else and you're gonna, yeah, you're gonna attack that way. So I mean, so you go down that road, and I think it's just it's ridiculous. They need to everybody needs to assume the risk. Everybody's making a truckload of money. We all sign the dotted line on the contract. Nobody goes into the NFL or plays football with this idea that they're never going to get hurt and if they do, they're full of it. Their liars and every single one of them to uh, you know what, that was the big you know thing guarantee you if you told him before he signed one hundred million dollars contract, you're gonna get your head snapped off the turf and missed a couple of games with a concussion. You still want to do this? He would say yes every single time. You know, I mean, they're not You're not turning down that kind of money. You're not turning down that kind of passion. And again he probably told the guys he was good to go back. I'm not saying you don't need to look out for people. You know, you got to remove people from themselves. Sometimes that's definitely thing.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, the assumed risk is there, and you just you're you're you diminish the product. In my opinion, the more you try to overside it overside it over.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, they get to the point where they knew it a little too much just because again you assume the risk going in. I understand taking out some of like the cut blocks, the knifing guys out, like going low on quarterback, like you're trying to make it to save it, like as safe as you can. But again it's like part of that that gladiator of violence that you you were, like people pay for you were like growing up, you like love seeing that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, well, and I talk of this all the time, like when you're younger, you're in high school, in college, even your first couple of years the leak, Like you think to yourself, if I die out here today, what a way to go?
Speaker 1: What a way to go out?
Speaker 7: What aut Oh like catch a one handed catch, get hit and crack my neck and just be laying there but.
Speaker 1: You caught, but you got it. Yeah, it's just funny movie. Jerreed maguire. Yeah, I mean come on, right, right, right right? What do you say? He's like, just let me take it in, Just take it in, show the money.
Speaker 2: It really is like, uh, this this idea we have, like you get brainwashing football, like you legit, go in there and you're like, I'm willing to die for the.
Speaker 1: University of Michigan or Nebraska. Yeah, so much today with the transfer portal that is that is way different.
Speaker 2: We missed that like transfer when even when Will and I played, it's like you'd have to miss a year sit out of you like there's a whole bunch of different hoops you have to jump through.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and then you couldn't You couldn't go accept money if you didn't get your release, and then you had Yeah there was Now it's like just the fairest wheel.
Speaker 1: Of what was what was your recruiting process? Like in high school? Oh, it was good. I decided to play a prank and well not me, but I was a part of it.
Speaker 7: The football team, the seniors and the football team. Excuse me, yeah, I can't can't clear your throat no more.
Speaker 1: And now everybody we just made fun of, like your voice anyway you so the entire time covid from making fun of people what what a turkey is? But no, it was.
Speaker 7: My rooting process was strong until we decided to steal all the yearbooks at the school and by still borrow them because we thought it was funny. The school did not think it was funny when you know a bunch of people that paid for the yearbooks didn't get their yearbooks.
Speaker 1: How did you steal the yearbooks? We took them? Yeah where storage room? No?
Speaker 7: No, no, So like we knew everybody, the yearbook committee, so the entire football team, and like the senior pranks, we went and had Yeah, we took the boxes and then like I had.
Speaker 1: Like three in my car, and you know, I sold them to a couple of people at a discount of price. Opportunity. I saw opportunity, opportunity. So they didn't really like me.
Speaker 7: The school who was I was on an interest insur district transfer And I was a little bit of a hell and as a as a kid, and so.
Speaker 1: I took the fall because you know, snitches get stitches. I refused to rat on anybody guy, and uh, I took the fall. They kicked me out of school recruit for a Hell's angel for real, right right back at the beginning.
Speaker 7: And now you and now you know why I became a Christian one or the other, one way or the other. You that's how I probably would have been open to Mormonism.
Speaker 1: So were you get recruited by big where you getting recruited by big schools?
Speaker 7: In the University of Washington, I thought I was one of you. I was like playing in the pack ten, That's all I ever thought.
Speaker 1: Ye ended up at Idaho State and they were beating down my door every day, like Coach Bray was up every week, was there?
Speaker 7: So But yeah, that's that's how mine got. Then I went to Los Gadows and then I'll never forget. Like I commuted, I s you went there and I came back.
Speaker 1: One time when I went into my coach's office and I saw my box of like my hall my senior film was still in.
Speaker 7: His office, and I was like, noose shit I got. I got a call from Stanford. They came to practice the viewer tight end. He had like a four point eight GPA or something like that. I got a call from a random number.
Speaker 1: I was at a you know, high school volleyball game or something on Friday, so acting like a real idiot, and I was like, oh, this guy said, this is a coach from Stanford. And he was like, you know, we watched your practice day. We'd love you know, you know, Greg Schandler would love you to come up and take a visit this. Then there he's like, what you get on your GP on your your SATs. I was like nine sixty. Yeah. He was like you play on Takemo again. I was like he was like nope. He was like all right, well dog.
Speaker 2: You no doubt Stanford's dude. So I had a two point seven gpa. Uh at the end of my senior year. That's how I got I got in that motherfucker. But like when I was like going through that process, Stanford Jim Harball came to my school. They were recruiting this kid, this d N Craig Row and they're like, hey, we love your film. Like they look at my transcript. They literally laughed and they said they had there's no show and they just laugh left.
Speaker 7: We get one. We get one scholarship a year that that we get to push through. It's like and we always use that on a skilled position. And I was like, okay, well I was like look if yeah, I know, it wasn't on my list either, but I ended up there the Bengals, babe. And then I actually so my sophomore year I was going to transfer. Our coach with Paressa was our offensive coordinator, and he transferred. He went to USC and he called me. He's like, hey, we got a scholarship. Your name on it if you want it, right, And I was like yeah, man. So I go to get my release and my coach was like nope, and see no transfer portal right, So he's like you got to stick it out of state, which I'm glad I did because I, you know, I hadn't accomplished all the goals.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do there anyways, But what year was that for you? Goodness? So I could create a two thousands. It was two thousand and two, going to two thousand and two season. I was trying to transfer to SC and I was like, no, sir, like all right, coach. So you end up getting drafted by Kansas City in the fourth round, fourth round? You have fourth round? What uh?
Speaker 2: And obviously it seems like things were going well in Kansas City to get traded for a first and two third round picks, that's pretty incredible to Minnesota eventually, but before that you had to go through like a tender year and a franchise year trying to get a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that was the frustrating part, right.
Speaker 7: So uh, when I played on my contract, you know, you know, I got a bit of trouble with my third my third year. So I told them, I was like, hey, let me prove to you guys like that I'm matured out.
Speaker 1: I got this handled. You know, I'm just acting good done. Were there issues in the first couple of years, you know, just third year?
Speaker 7: I mean, at some point, you know, you give you give a young kid with nothing but time and too much money in his pocket at that time, you know not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what it was when you could. What year did you come in? Uh?
Speaker 7: My first year is twenty fourteen. Oh geez, your league minimum was insane. Our league minimum was two twenty five. Yeah, and then they took half of that in taxes four fifty. Yeah, in a good fight. It's so uh relax, I was finding that good after sonny, but no got hurt after was hurt a little bit. Yeah, so said, yeah, were still find a good fight.
Speaker 1: I got to buy it. I got to buy it. I have to buy a brand new use truck. That's what I got. Yeah, and so no, I don't know where I was going with that now, but so yeah, so young like making six figures. This is insane. So getting get controlled a little bit my third year. And are you able to talk about the trouble? Oh yeah, I got caught. I got to do two d u y s. Are you drunk right now? No? No? No, Yeah, it was it was a bad, bad, bad time for me.
Speaker 7: Bad time was just rant and dumb and just you know, actually no responsibility, right, living living like you have no responsibility, didn't understand what being a role model was or being or being a productive part of society because I was a complete meat stick, right, I played football, drink beers.
Speaker 1: What I do when you went on Jackass?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, I went on Jackass years years later. And so so anyways, I went through that I was. I told him, I was like, hey, let me let me prove to you guys, I got this handled, right.
Speaker 1: I mean I went and did this, you know, outpatient, like alcohol classes, all this stuff. I was, I gotta figure if I got a problem, I got a problem, own it, you know, literally talking about my grandfather. He called me, he was like, listen, I didn't bring this last name through three wars and multiple complicts for you to f it up.
Speaker 7: So I figure it out, no ship, yes, sir. So I was like, let me figure this out. And honestly, I mean it was a maturity show. I think I was a distant, dumb kid, you know, hair on fire, like I used to think.
Speaker 1: I got played on the edge, so I had to live on the edge, right, and so so you know, but so I went to them and told him like, hey, like let's just let's pause this. I'll sign my tender, right. But I told him I was like, if you franchised me, I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 7: So long story short, we get through the tender year, right, going to uh, you know, lead the league and sacks all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Get ready to get my contract. You led the league your tender year my fourth year by the way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in fourteen games, right, So I'm like, you know, we got this and I'm thinking I'm getting into you know, we gave them what we at that time, which was going to be a great contract. They turned it down and I'll never forget the breaking straw. We had a We had a phone call we were supposed to be on with Carl had Peters and a Danny film. You may age jump on the call. They set the call up, by the way. It wasn't like we were like, hey, can we call it this time? So we got on a call, We wait for twenty minutes on hold. Denny gets on the phone and goes, we're gonna have tough schedule. Carl had to leave the country.
Speaker 1: Like I just on a whim. You had to leave the country, you guys schedule this call you had. I was like, you know what, that's the last straw. I called Clark and I was like, here's your guys. The option. Do you either trade me or you rent me for two years? And I promise you had pull a hamstring every time, like when I come in, I'm coming in week six and uh, pull a hamstring? Yeah? Or we I think I play six games. So got them to trade, asked got them to give his permission to trade toxic during the franchise year. Yeah. No, no, I didn't play the franchise year. Someone never signed the franchise tender until we had we had to sign and trade and deal with. So so I got them, what's the kid, what's the Uh, I'll bow after six weeks? What'd you have to do for six weeks? No, you have to you have to play at least six weeks.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. So I could show up. We tend you have to put at least six weeks to get a credited year.
Speaker 1: Gotcha at that time, because now it's three games.
Speaker 7: Now that's time you had to you had to be on the raj you know, six weeks. So I could basically hold out for ten weeks show up for six. And I told him, I was like, pull a hamstring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be good.
Speaker 7: So, you know, got them to allow me to trade, get the trade and talk to Tampa Minnesota, and then got the deal done with Minnesota. But during that time, it was like hat God said, dude, because the white Freenni comes out and breaks the bank, right. You know, back then I was trying to get seven a year ap y and because I was right run where Jason Taylor was getting he was top five in the league at the time, and then Freeney comes in gets twelve a year and I'm like sitting here like, well my numbers are passing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting super paid, right, super duper paid.
Speaker 7: And so that ended up ended up working out, and uh, you know it was tough because you know, Herm and I have a great relationship he was my coach at the time there, and I have a great relationship to chiefs now like you know, they have happen me back multiple times. So no hard feelings, but yeah, was it was a tough time because I'd never I was still this meets like you said in college, your brainwashed, like you run through prick walls because they said, I come in with a meal, who's old school, right, Like he'll beat you into a pulp, but then give you a hug and tell you he loves you and you're.
Speaker 1: Like my dirt sixty like mine.
Speaker 7: No, I needed your approval like a father. I'm a good relationship my father, but I'm in yeah, man, And so then you know, so I'm dealing with.
Speaker 1: The business side of this thing now, and it was due. It was hectic.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie, but uh, I said, I worked out great. Minnesota was phenomenal, obviously. Uh my career path worked out okay, But yeah, I'm more lucky on all my trades. I asked to be traded and ended up in the place I wanted to be and uh never got cut, So it.
Speaker 1: Worked out all right.
Speaker 2: What was that situation like where you were literally with Kansas City say, I'm not playing for you guys.
Speaker 1: You know you have to trade me, so obviously it's cold.
Speaker 2: And then you get Tampa Bay in Minnesota and they're both You're negotiating a contract while you're getting traded, right yeah.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so you got permission at first, we were only getting permission to talk to Tampa, right, which was fine.
Speaker 1: I'm a Grooden and a group of Raiders fan yeah, grinder, Yeah, And so I don't even know what that was. But it was awesome. I got the T shirt and everything.
Speaker 7: Cool, Like I don't have one of those. That's accomplishment. So but then there I think it was it Bruce Allen. Was it Bruce Allen or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea Bruce Allen. Yeah, so he starts talking the same nonsense.
Speaker 7: They were like, wanted to put restrictions on my contract because you know, he always at risk, this.
Speaker 1: That and the other.
Speaker 7: And I was like, man, I'm not going from one organization that doesn't believe in me to the next. And then you know, so we went visit Minnesota first and they just didn't let me leave. And you know, so it worked out all right, So you actually went to Minnesota and was like checking it all out and everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we got we got permission to get to seat the trade. Right we went up there.
Speaker 7: He's like, I said, you got to hammer out the contract, right, So now we're but not only that, we're trying to hammer out the contract. So we finally get the contract hammer out, but they're trying to hammer out compensation for the chiefs all right, So I mean it could have paid me whatever, but as the chieftain agree to the compensation and it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really not only.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you know, for them to for them to give up at that time, you know, a first two thirds and make me the highest Bay defensive playing NFL history, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a nice thing. That's that's where you're a dude. It was I'm not a liar. Stressful. So not only like that, it was just like not only did maybe the highest pain.
Speaker 7: You know, they mortgaged the farm to make sure I'm not a bus So luckily for you, I'm a kind of you know, I try not to have a rest of my laurels, right, I'm I. I always trying to outdo myself and very self motivated. So uh it worked out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 7: It's a stressful time when you're doing it. I was in the room for all the negotiations. You're sitting there like, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 2: I'm fucking button up collar shirt that you found in the back of your closet.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll wear this today. You're sitting there still got.
Speaker 2: Wrinkles all over it, and they're over there hammering out business calls and you're like, holy fuck, Yeah, it's gnarly.
Speaker 1: Was it a fresh start in Minnesota. Is that a thing where you're like, you know, you're about to go to a new team, and you're kind of like, fuck, like I really wanted to be Here's here's the deal, Like it's it.
Speaker 7: It's actually scary, right, because now that's why I actually got I got respect for Brady on what he was able to do in Tampa's first year there. Right, you go from being in somewhere your entire career coaches city, you know, routine strength, coach everything right to figuring out something new. So I got like Minnesota was awesome because like I had my trainers in Arizona that I worked with, Right, I'm coming off, you know, I you know, I got my weight where I wanted to be, just at the league in sacks like I have.
Speaker 1: I'm in a rhythm now and I'm like, all right, this is I know how I need to train and I see what success is.
Speaker 7: But a lot of times you go somewhere new, like when I went to Chicago, like they went also, they want you in the weight room. Everybody wants to coach the new toy, right, And you're like, so I gotta give Minnesota credit, Like I told Brad I'm like, listen, I'll come up here for a little bit of you know, OTAs and this kind of stuff like that. But you know, get settled in. But you know, I got to get back with my trainers. You guys, you guys want me at this level. This is the level I gotta be at.
Speaker 1: And Tom Canavy, you know Canavy, I know he was my strength. Hey, Jared Allen by the way, and so, but like he had no ego and wasn't like hammered me on like have to do his work guys. And the other totally cool like hey, what do you need from me type of guy. Yeah, And it was great and so they made it feel like home.
Speaker 7: And they had Kevin and Patt who I mean, our D line room was so crazy crazy competitive.
Speaker 1: You didn't even matter, right, You didn't want to show up.
Speaker 7: You weren't worried about showing up on film on Sunday or on Monday to like for the for the team meeting or defensive meeting to get ripped. Like if you had a bad game, you didn't want to get that D line room. You were really each other pour apart. Like I got there, my I think I had like fifty seven tackles and fourteen and.
Speaker 1: A half sacks started fifteen and a half sacks and o seven right.
Speaker 7: Uh, the year before that had like sixty five almost seve one year, I think I had close to seventy tackles in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: And I got there and they're like, we played the run here, brot better check my staff playing the runs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, take yeah.
Speaker 1: From Marty Ball here.
Speaker 7: And I was like, we come from Marty ball, dude, you know what I mean. I'm like back in back in the day where you know we're playing. Uh, there's San Diego and they got a three hundred pounds tided. Jason Dunn was a three hundred pounds tighten with us, right, and and so they're they're they're giving me hard time, Like you better.
Speaker 1: We earned the ride around here. And on my first of ball, I got more sacks than any of you guys got combined. Yeah, but I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, Patty came like Kim was one of my closest buddies dude, And uh, I love those guys my brothers, like, because we just pushed each other non stop.
Speaker 1: Dude. It was just like me again, you couldn't you couldn't slack because they were coming.
Speaker 7: I'll never forget like Kevin jumped out he had like five or six sacks early and O four and i was sitting at like one or two and I'm like, they're gonna like they're paying me all this money. I'm getting beat by a three technique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, this dude was on insane face, but the numbers up Homeie. It was. It was. It was one of those deals.
Speaker 7: Where it couldn't have been better for my personality for that time of my life, my career to be in Minnesota because you know that I was saying iron sharpens iron, but I mean it was you know, more like you had bulldozers pushing you because you know you didn't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well were what are some some teams or tackles Now that you look back on your career, like what were games and players that you looked at You're like, oh, I'm about to eat this dude up.
Speaker 3: A lot of them, a lot of them, you go, he I mean his career and you averaged over ten if you look at you play, what twelve.
Speaker 1: Years, eleven eleven and some change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're averaging ten sacs a year, like it's stylistic. You have to know, like, all right, I'm about to get a bump this week because I'm going to get so tight.
Speaker 7: Well, it depends it's stylistic too, right, So you hate to play a guy, No, you hate to play a team. Like I said, I I would rather play against Taylor right, all pro guy because they're gonna leave him alone.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna get all the help, right, So it's gonna come down to who's better that day, yeah, versus you're playing against you know, I don't know when Green Bay had like you know, they.
Speaker 1: Moved Darren College from guard out to tackle. They had TJ. Lay. Yeah, you're gonna get chip, You're gonna get this. They don't have a technique.
Speaker 7: Or if you're playing against the guy who just likes to float back and gather, like you know, a lot of times you play against the guy you're like, oh, this dude's a scrub. I'm gonna I'm gonna smash him. But guess what, you're gonna get tight end ship, You're gonna get this.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do this.
Speaker 7: Where if I got a guy that's okay, he's rhythmic he's got strong he's got strong hands, Like, let's hand fight, Like we're gonna hand fight. I'm gonna eventually win at some point, right, And so guys like that or you know, even you know a quarterback you play play a guy that's got a decent tackle and a good quarterback, all right, they're gonna they want people downfield. They don't want people inside, you know, to help it out. So that was more of a deal of what games I was gonna get, my my matchups I want right versus games like, oh crap, this dude, they got a bomb a quarterback, you know, playing the back like.
Speaker 1: We're playing the backup quarterback. We're getting three step all day long.
Speaker 7: That's why I love playing Jason Peters, right, our styles matched up against each other. For me, well, because he's he's a Pro Bowl tackle, they're not gonna give want help.
Speaker 1: He has a similar set every single time set every time I know how to rhythm break him right, like you know the same thing.
Speaker 7: It's like you know you've been playing against you, like I would know your rhythm right, But that was that that screws that goes against me. If he rhythm breaks right, if he does you're gonna catch him. But also then then that quarterback. So when they had Mariota, you getting not not only rushing against the tackle, you're rushing against now with mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So what might work so he can.
Speaker 7: Get away with he can get away with probably being over the top more for example, because if I take an inside move, Marrio is just gonna sleep put it in his vision right away home. In his vision, he's gonna signe step over Walter Jones that way. Walter Jones would cut you off then bail straight back.
Speaker 1: And you think you had this inside route, and then Hasselback would step you know, just slide over or walls it a a wall, right would roll out, and you're just like, I feel like I'm getting such a good rush. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm getting no results. And sometimes that's how it is.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you might have a good rush game, but you get no results. Some days it might be sloppy as all the hell.
Speaker 1: And you might take too you know, take two. It's one of those games.
Speaker 7: It's but yeah, there's there's certain guys and then you can see trends of the offense right like, so you know, you never want to play a team right after they just gave up like eight, You're like, oh, that's like you want to begnificant murdered in the room. You want to play a team that You're like, all right, did they They've been giving up consistently, like two or three four games, you know what I mean. And then you're like, they're not gonna do They're not gonna go overboard because they still just score points. And then yeah, them, So, yeah, we had to play Chicago. I got to play Chicago one time after I think what was it the dude from the Niners got like five on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, Yeah, it's not gonna happen. It's not gonna be a solid Yeah. Well here goes max Pro every freaking day. Yeah, seven man pro H two H three type stuff. Yeah. That uh, that stuff's well.
Speaker 2: When you were in Minnesota, you guys were playing the youuys were playing in Tampa Bay. Fourth quarter either you guys are down I think thirteen points thirty to seventeen, and Donald Penn I don't want to say big dogs you, but he kind of baked dogs you for a second. From the helmet off, he had you bleeding down the nose. It looked very cool. By the way, he looked very cool. And then there was like a minute and a half of time stoping, so you guys could talk ship to each other forever. And obviously the next player you get a big sack. And then fucking that old Minnesota stadium was going fucking wild.
Speaker 1: Ye that was that was? What was that situation like for you?
Speaker 7: Donald Pint and I Donald likes the chirp as much as I like the chirp. Yeah, and so it most of the time plays in my hand. I remind him on my brother, like you've never not gotten a sack on you.
Speaker 1: So it's a tough thing to tell somebody, you know what I mean. So eventually it's happening. Yes, this is gonna happen. Just lay down. So I lay it down, go and taste it sitting inside.
Speaker 7: Move and you know, he's giving a little extra right like.
Speaker 1: You pull pulled that clip up because it goes hard. I slide, you know, and I kind of like I'm already down.
Speaker 7: So he's trying to bury me into the ground and I'm like, bro, like we already watched, but she's on your feet, which but I'm like block me. So I'm telling I'm obviously talking trash because I know he's pushing me. Eide right, So I'm like, I'm like, dude, you know, block me straight up while you hit me in the back. You know, you said some choice words, and in the process, you know, of exchanging, my helmet comes down and busts my nose open, right, helmet comes off, you know, I hold him, you know, like like my seven you know, like your little brother or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you see, I came for an inside move. See that's the one right there, That's the one I was pushing to finish, saying.
Speaker 7: I'm already on my knees, like you're gonna try to now you're trying to take a little extra.
Speaker 1: Which, yeah, I get it. I'm all for it. No mullet there, by the way, no mullet.
Speaker 7: Helmet comes off you. Then they're throwing punches at me, rips my helmet off. I had by the face mask, Like all I do is holding my face mask, and so.
Speaker 1: Oh we gotta we gotta like a fight right here. So I go for an inside moved. That's a terrible, terrible rush by me right there. I trip.
Speaker 7: This is the one I this is one I had cosmetics right there, and now you still want to go right That's when my nose gets bloody when my helmet comes off so little.
Speaker 1: That's far right there the whole dude, you never want to be you you got, bro, that's a bitch of a move, Dude, I hate did you have the long arms and there's fucking holding you at a distance? So is it is a volume on this thing because you can hear the whole stadium is going throw the ball up seventeen to thirty, seventeen to thirty. You can't always come in the bite. He's like, oh yeah, bits, oh you can't get hear. Here's my address, bro, Like, here's here's my address.
Speaker 2: We can while this clip is going on right now, Chris Collinsworth is just doing this. He's on zipping Aunce. He's pulling that fucking thing out and he's about to go a ham on him.
Speaker 1: He was watched this guy.
Speaker 2: I guarantee they're not exchanging phone numbers right now. They just started really getting into it, like WAITNTE, I probably gave him.
Speaker 1: My number one, you lie, give a lion. Here's my he's a big ass address. Here's my It's on the next play. This is the very next play. Here's my address, here's my phone number anytime any players. That's wrong? Oh so little storry, Like, what a fucking deal that you couldn't have drawn that up better? They would wouldn't too. I would have judged the best. I would have jumped out the size you were going. You were fucking going, losing your fucking mind right now. That was a dope, mama, right there. That was a good one. And you go, I get a sack on you all the time. Just let it happen. I know you're hype, right Is it a game? They trying to ship me too?
Speaker 7: Like, you know what I'm saying. So ever since it was like what do you want to do? And I was like, just go, I'm running through this dude's neck, right, Yeah, there is to it. It's it's all you know.
Speaker 1: We were just going. But that actually worked his disadvantage, right Like, But that's my argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta pick and choose the time you talked ship because from ar working at a third and seventeen, you're probably gonna wait to that first and ten to go back heyn when I bitched you.
Speaker 7: But remember that at the same time, I'm trying to I'm sitting over there, and that's what I was starting telling Mike Bro, you're that good?
Speaker 1: Like why they chipping him white chipping? Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah. Donnald was a big man. I mean he was that. But he'll go, he'll like, did you win after a troll in the parking lot got out of the rolls? I honestly like his personality. I love his personality is great.
Speaker 2: And he was an undrafted guy too, right, like Minnesota's practice hell.
Speaker 7: Always, he always he came from Minnesota's practice squad when you were there, no, no, before I was there, So he always had had something to prove against Minnesota, right, and he went on to have a great career the Raiders. And so him and I always mouthed and job back and forth at each other. I actually to meet. Those are the fun skate If you want to actually get to me, don't say anything, right, if you're quiet and don't talk like, that's not fun. Now It's like, okay, I got no one to, you know, to talk trash to. But yeah, him and I had some battles and it always ended in people getting dog.
Speaker 1: Cuts and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: And uh but see that's right there, right, So this is where this is what works right there, So he he knows I'm coming for a bull rush, right, he's leaning so lean and leans and actually he knew he had Chip help, so he stopped short right, so that allowed Eversin to clear. So if he he actually wouldn't have had Chip help on that and he would just set, we'd never got to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: But you know, just talking ball, you know, that is a big does a big win when the coaches see a fiery talk going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, we're gonna throw my chip real quick. Just exture everything's smooth, just to make sure everything goes as planned. I was kind of looking at the side. You appreciate you ball?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I would, but like a lot more times than not, the chipper can can screw stuff up, right.
Speaker 1: Yeahs that ever since Griffin, you're talking to every Arizona kid. He was like, he was like, what do you want to do? What do you want to do? And to Mike, what do you mean what do you want to do? Like you need to just get out of my way? Yeah, yeah, they said they almost they almost got me off side there. Yeah, I have missed right there. Uh, we were high. We're all going whoever gets their first ding this game? Oh they did they uh probably that score probably probably have like Big Rivals, was like that before you go anywhere.
Speaker 2: That nothing says a heart o white guy like that barbed wire or tattoo going.
Speaker 1: On, not going there, ball driver, tribal, that's tribal. Barbour's back when Goldberg was hot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, him and Brian Phil Victims. That was a college college that was a freebie.
Speaker 1: That's when those were hot. You go to Idaho's host you get you a nice little trivel like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was that was That's what I wish I could. I could probably take back. We people say like, oh I have no regrets in life, ye know, tons of them, tons of them. Yeah, not saying it didn't make me who I am.
Speaker 2: But right if Frank Sinatra said it best ud regrets you have a few. But then again too few to mention, right.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, tribal tattoo and I'm not there's nothing tribal about me.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm getting that removed right now. This place in Nashville is a Picico laser. Get that thing done.
Speaker 1: You'll get that thing off in six d ad sessions, no problem. Yeah, really I don't think you should nose that's already I got. I have lit me of bad tattoos though, like I even what's your least very one besides that one? Well, it was my favorite then I had. I told my mom and my wife was my favorite. No, it was. It was dumb. So I I do a lot of things off. Dumb bets are just because I say I'm gonna do something I don't ever welch. Yeah, so I told. I told my brother one time I was gonna get like a dollar bill tattooed. You know, you just grazed your fingers across your lower stomach. What's going on? Words? And I saw you're pumping that tarp off. There was something down there. Yes, I got a butterfly coming off across or something. Oh it's a it's a deer with a gun underneath. Oh yeah, dude, I screamed and broke back mountain stuff right. The well, the buck is a cover up. The buck is the gun. The gun is my lower The gun the gun is the cover up. Because it used to be like a word puzzle. What you so you used to used to oh what's the word puzzle?
Speaker 7: Well used to know I'm like I say, guy, I got I also're never going to hear this. But so the tattoo, I can't hide from it, right. I used to say, all you can eat.
Speaker 1: Buddy, that limits fucking awesome dude under Yeah, no, I get it. I know exactly when it's applying, So you should have never got that covered up. I tried promise. My mom cried over when my mom my mom found out.
Speaker 7: She cried when when I met my wife, she was absolutely disgusted with me before it, and I was just like, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was like twenty two when I got it. I thought it was way cooler them, So I told her. I told my mom, was like, as soon as I get married, I will I will cover that up. I mean, I think we went from our wedding reception parlor, no the coast.
Speaker 7: I put a gun under it, and now it just looks like I like hunting so much. I put a freaking you know, elk or a buck with a gun underneath my belly button, which is so dude, that's probably one I need to get removed, because yeah, dudes shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have lower belly button ink or low back ink. I I disagree, and I disagree whole hard. I think you get it right. I think you get it right, inspiring some college kid with them all like, oh yeah, I need to get you guys doing this. We're crossing my ear. That's That's one.
Speaker 2: I don't think this story alone is just incredible. Are you don't getting tattoos?
Speaker 7: I say yes, right, I think like if I if something cool, like I don't know, Like at one point I was like gonna sleeve my arm up with my kids and all that stuff, and I'm like, you know, at some point, you can only have so many names on you that you know, my kids know their names. I know my kids' names, right, I don't know. I like tattoos. I think they are cool.
Speaker 1: I more feeling.
Speaker 7: I'm like, well, I don't really work out like I used to, and you know, tattoos and like dad boss saggy kind of dad boys don't really vibe.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I disagree with that too. I think it goes hard, dude. I think that ship goes hard. People always say like, oh, why would you get tattoos? Why would put a bumper stick in a Lamborghinis? But we're not Lamborghini's. We're honesiviics at best, dude, let's put my ride. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Let's get fucking wild with that thing.
Speaker 1: I I'm I'm a fan of tattoos. I have no problem with them.
Speaker 7: I feel like, if you're gonna do it, though, you have to you have to understand first of all, you have to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Right, So, like for a dude from uh oh rootoff, Kyle Rudolph, right from Minnesota, love Kyle ri if he came from Notre Dame. Yeah, you know, the big, big old white glove hands.
Speaker 7: You know, he's like the Pillsbury guy, right, yes, everything next thing, you know, he's sleeved up. I'm like, I just don't know if like you've had enough struggles in your life to be sleeved up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I think like you gotta be a little you gotta be to have a couple of stories that go, Okay, he's been throwing, especially when you have bad tattoos, Like right, like my life story, You're like, you would expect me to have some bad.
Speaker 7: Tattoos one hundred percent, right, Yeah, I'd probably have some really crappy tattoos, right, I've outgrown.
Speaker 1: Them, out grown them. It is what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the thing you got going for you, dude, is you got a nice little You have the you have the mullet going, you have the belt buckles, you've you've driven your path of what your style is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the tattoos play perfectly into that hand.
Speaker 7: K it goes out and gets a neck tattoo, You're like, Okay, now you have to be an athlete or in music, right, you're limiting your life skills, right, But if you're gonna get sleeved up, you know you got you gotta have a little edge to you, right, And like, okay, yeah, what I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I don't know your history, but I'm likely a tattoo. Guys. My point is like, yeah, I see tattoo. It's like that make Arizona. Like, how much harder does it get? Great? For sure? I mean tattoos makes sense. How much harder does it get? Willie? You know what I'm saying. Grew up on a ranch.
Speaker 2: Come on, hard working, hard working dude, bucking stalls at four am in the summertime, Yes, sir, what y'all do?
Speaker 1: Come on? But you're like You're like a California Arizona gay. You're not like a Texas You're not like a Texas Arizona.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think what I'm wearing right now would definitely support what you're saying, but like where I grew up would be I guess more Texas Arizona. You've been up to Cave Creek, you know, so you know. Yeah, but I've chosen my path. Actually I haven't chosen my path. I think I wear different shit all the time, but like kind of contradicts itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: But guess because I'm social, I don't want to fucking draw my line too soon. I want to have multiple lines. Is that possible? Here it goes yeah, sure, yeah absolutely.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Idaho State Charlie Ragel, my head coach at Chaparral High School, is now the head coach at Idaho State University.
Speaker 1: It's not a big sky we go full circle, dude, it is. It's like the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon. That's what's happening right now. And I think that what do you think Charlie Ragel is going to do for that university?
Speaker 7: I don't know him personally. I've a lot to talk to him on the phone. He's a high energy guy.
Speaker 1: High energy guy at one in eight or one in seven where we're building. Don't know what his coaching sayst style is or isn't. Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't have an expectation rather than next year. Obviously can't get much worse.
Speaker 1: So it's got to be better. There you go, your expectations low, so you can only go up from the key to happiness.
Speaker 7: Yes, I had a fortunate cricket one time. Tell me, if you never climb, you'll never fall.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: It's big brain thinking right there. That's big brain thinking, dude. I think you guys are going to be solid. I think Charlie's a motivating he's incredible.
Speaker 1: I think you'll be able to recruit and I think guys will play for him. So I think, like I told you earlier, I think they're they're going to ask like thirty five people to leave the program. So I didn't know you could rebuild in college, but yes, they're gonna do it. I rebuilt.
Speaker 2: We talked about before you need to go to the nearest juvenile attention center. Yeah, yeah, a Baker's dozen there, and then you get a couple of guys that are good leaders, and let's just point this car in the direction we want to go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just we need like old school raiders, I told I told her our ideas that we need. We need uh an identity. So we need to figure out what that identity is. And in my personal opinion, if unless you have a rockstar quarterback, go get the best olignment you can possibly get and run the ball.
Speaker 1: I would I would be I would be in freaking wing tea style. Just I would be in a heavy over load wing right, just power I back football. What's the military schooler runs? Is that Navy? It's a arm air Force, air Force, un force run wing tea.
Speaker 7: But I would literally go back to straight power eye football because think about everybody's a specialty these days, no one wants to get hit in the face anymore. Yeah, So I would just WoT, I would just murk. I would put a freaking two hundred and fifty pounds full back and just I so.
Speaker 1: Just killed guy. Every single time you do that in Juco, he eat all the Juco kids up there, No problem. Now he's your D one, right, Yeah, do you want what is it? Fcs now? At D one? Double. Aw. You guys are d one double trying to compete with like the North Dakota states of the world. Yeah, it's hard. Is Idaho state they had success back in the day, back when I was there. Yeah, we did. We We just had our twenty year reunion for winning the Big Sky. Uh. But we were we were We were some ruffians. But that's what we did. We ran the ball. We we literally ran the ball out people's faces. We just just made it happen the ball. We had a couple good quarterbacks, good Roger Shavers. We were all one a players that got in trouble and so ended up. That's incredible. That's exactly what they need to do. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying, Charlie Rachel. I believe in Charlie Rachel in person. So if you believe in him, I believe in you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love look at us, Look at us, dude. This has been incredible. Yeah, it's been an incredible podcast. Who's the most interesting player you've that you could with your life?
Speaker 7: Where I gotta wrap this up a some poret because I gotta get.
Speaker 1: To my daughter's karate class, But.
Speaker 7: Interesting player, Oh gosh, dude, played against or played well.
Speaker 3: Played with, like in your locker room that you've seen interesting cats and they're like like I played with Griffin like he was an interesting like you. We would hear I would hear from Afar in the Washington locker room that he would like beat his own teammates up.
Speaker 1: No, I never saw him beat like a violent teammate, Percy Harvin. You've heard stories love personal. I was with the person person was actually a great teammate. Everon got Everson had a few.
Speaker 7: Issues, but when we were there, like ever Sin, he actually he knew his role, like where he was at right, So was was actually very managed.
Speaker 1: Boy always knew he had an.
Speaker 7: Incredible skill set, right just if he could keep it the mental side, you know, check in, check and going, but not not even just just focused, right, he can focus on his task through the duo, was I mean?
Speaker 1: And you can see it in the Monster. Then he run down on Gunner like he's a gift beyond measures. But I got to play with the likes I mean Tony Gonzalez, right, will Shields, Willie.
Speaker 7: Rofe, you know, Randy Moss. I played for a little bit. But even Kevin, like you said, Kevin and Pat Williams. I got to play with ty Law, like you know, so the list of guys just from a skill set that I got to play was insane.
Speaker 1: As far as characters. I mean, Eric Hicks, I mean he was like you know, Vonnie Holiday. All these guys were my big brothers. You know, man, I'm trying to think probably, I mean probably, honestly, one of my favorite human beings was something John Browning, Right, he was just a soft spoken dude, but his John Browny will you so will I give?
Speaker 7: Willi Rose's probably one of my my all that favorite. So Willy Rose's when he retired. Well, the way I remember it was so we were at OTAs and we're hermity getting We're getting after pretty good, right. Willie gets in his car after practice one day, you know, leaves and no one thinks so he doesn't show up, but O ts that one's really thinking much of it. Yeah, uh, training camp comes will He's not there. I remember her one day like, hey chills, anybody huh rope. I guess he decired one day during ot As.
Speaker 1: He was done. He just and then that's how he retired, but just like didn't left.
Speaker 7: I'm sure I don't live when I asked him most sorry. I remember one day he was at O. T S and then I never saw him again. That's like the kind of a football field. Yeah, that's an iconic way to go out. You you also had an iconic way to go out riding the horse up into the sunset.
Speaker 1: How was my wife's sid D I gotta give her all the credit in the world for that. She she came up with that idea and it became legendary.
Speaker 3: It became Yes, that was the legendary. Whenn'd you know, like, I'm doneb hanging it up? After this was done at year ten?
Speaker 1: Right, I was done at year ten, and then the Bears through a contract at me. I couldn't say no to a year. It was a four year avoidable four three year but I made all my money in two, so I took it.
Speaker 7: And then, uh, when I asked them, but you know, then I asked them, but you know, they they they had a whole regime shift.
Speaker 1: I asked them to trade me to Carolina. Right, So I get traded to Carolina and he's like, hey, we're good, Like you know what, You're gonna havet the pa any of that back because I knew I was gonna retire too.
Speaker 7: Right, So everybody was so worried about Cutlers. You know, ten million dollar roster bonus that they had to get. Yeah, they forgot about. They won't even paid attention to mine. Well when and then, like I said, so then I get traded. I mean, the Bears are still paying eighty percent of the salaries, so why are you know, why were the Panthers going to convert anything over to signing bonus? So after you know X amount of games, your roster bonus is locked in, and I got.
Speaker 1: To keep it all I got paid for, almost got a super Bowl almost. Man, that was close that I'd tell you it was more painful losing the NFC Championship game than it was the Super Bowl because you're there, you know, you're there, you're experiencing yet. But but yeah, that was a rough I mean, we played, we played well too, it was it was a game and awesome game and it was honestly got out.
Speaker 7: We just got out played on defense, right if you think about it. I mean, and we played, we helped Payton one hundred and eighty six yards. They scored on defense, we didn't.
Speaker 1: And then von Miller just went nuts. Yeah, he went nuts. He did. Dude, how legendaries Luke Keekley, Oh, dude, dude is stud I did that? Dude. That dude was balls to the walls. Like he was every bit every bit of what you thought. That's that's what he was. Smart as all can be hard. You love him, but dud hard. Ye godd when you know when you're a backer.
Speaker 3: Dudeley was like he's said, I I like you wanted to be called the poor Man's Luke Keigley.
Speaker 1: And that's the deal, like and and he was a blue collar dude, just worked, worked, worked, always a practice.
Speaker 7: The promise like if he if he could have stayed healthy, he could arguably be one of the all time all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, is he not? Yea, he might be, He might be still.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like Patrick Willis Patrick, right, you gotta say ten twelve years from a long jevy and point Patrick Willison another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he only played nine and studu Yeah, just studs. That's crazy. I know, you got to get out of here. But Hall of Fame. Yeah, man, if it happens, it'll be one of the greatest treasures.
Speaker 7: Like I'm hoping it's it's it's an odd process, right, and you know you kind of you know, being a first ballad finalist with Peyton and them, Yeah, it was an incredible class like crap, that might argue with the greatest classes ever, right, So I don't get on that class.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, well, I'm a shoeing for the next class.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, don't get it on that one. I'm kind of like I had no expectations first year. Then I'm kind of like sad faced for a few days. But I try generally try to keep things in perspective, right because I'm getting rejudged.
Speaker 1: On things I already did.
Speaker 7: There's literally zero and if it's and if it's a popularity contest, then you know it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm not going into the patage. I mean you pretty fucking yeah, popularity is there, you're you're O g JJ watt. Well hopefully you know it's bat and balls down. Wait, before that, Cats had the monody of the celebration. That had to be one of your great accomplishments. That was great.
Speaker 7: Those dudes are tolf and they became friend. That's that's a quality of a bunch of guys like honestly like Knoxville and those guys were freaking phenomenal. Talk about not you know, judging a book by its covered, great dudes, So yeah, I mean the Hall of Fame to me though, it's it's that's why I tell people it'll be one of the greatest honors bestowed upon me, right, But it's not gonna change my life, you know, to have a gold jacket versus not a gold jacket. I mean at the end of the day that the pomp of circumstance will be phenomenal. It'll be great to represent the NFL. You know, my body will work and be a part of that fraternity. It'll be insane, but it's not gonna make my wife love me anymore or less. My kids aren't gonna love me anymore or less.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, I'm still going to be, you know, help muckingstalls if my dad, Yeah, still picking up dog crap.
Speaker 7: Laws gotta get mode. So I try to keep it in the circum like in perspective of that, I have no control over it. So do I want it to happen? Absolutely When it happens, will I be elated if it happens? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: If for some reason it never does, I'm not gonna look at it as a failure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to think that it's not gonna happen. I think it's just a matter of time for you. And the perspective you have is incredible to be able to know those things. Your life's not gonna love you more, your kids are gonna love you more. But that is when you play football.
Speaker 1: That's what we all do about. Yeah, it'll make it cooler, for sure. It'll this podcast I might need it, right, there's some people not elevate. Brother, this is gonna help. I really, I think you do a phenomenal job.
Speaker 2: If you start a podcast, especially the things you love, horses, all that stuff, I think you would do an incredible.
Speaker 7: Job that days, time and effort. Then I couldn't be on you know, Then I couldn't just be the guests and dumb crap you know there. Yeah, maybe we just maybe we all do a show one day.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm getting I'm always out away. I'm just saying Jay Hawk love AJ does He's great? You want to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I mean, I think I could be the a J Hawk of you watching a ball I can would you sure?
Speaker 1: What do you need for me?
Speaker 3: Or is it more like a macrodosing style show where we just talked like the first hour?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, hey listen. I'm I think the more this man's on the podcast, the better front. I'm opening all possibilities. You know what I'm saying. He's throwing out numbers one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: That McAfee, but he'd be cleaning them up numbers like that. No, I said McAfee.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: McAfee was on when we first watched on the bus. How do you say crazy numbers to will a phone? In three years we're gonna be here?
Speaker 1: Was like, okay, you know what I mean because big kid, even fucking big can I get's just a slice of that? You know? Yeah? You got between curling. I mean I could make up dude curling in himself. That's a dog. Yeah. How much that I know you got to go? Is the last question? Back? Row back question, row back question right here. I got Olympic I have, I have this Olympic cycle to make to make good on the bet. And you think you got a chance. Yes, I I why I'm all in. I am paying our my teammates to live here in Nashville and curl full time. Curly does.
Speaker 7: That doesn't bring in the greatest amount of sponsors. So I actually had some somebodies that we're gonna self sponsor. They've just never paid their check. So if they're out there listening, dude, write the check. Bro Also, Bustin's always wont to sponsor an Olympic team.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm in. Like, come on, we can make it. We're not gonna pay you nothing, but it will get We'll buy the pennies good. You never know, we could bags, dude if you got if barstool needs content, like you know what I mean, just buddy, we would the next Olympics. Just telling you you road back question. Do you really think you can do? Matt Hamilton? If you're gonna do road back question, you gotta read the roadback thing. Can you pull that ub ject? Well?
Speaker 2: The road back question up real quick. Hey, you're gonna see how good I'm pretty good reader.
Speaker 1: I have read my daughters class road question. Come on, come on, you got to go question. This is the last question of the day. Okay, last question, the rowback question. Use codeboys on Roeback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase.
Speaker 2: That's our h O BA c K dot com. Code Boys. They work with the best college athletes from Will Anderson to The Boy Michael Mayer to b Jeon Robinson. They also just dropped new performance joggers. Trust us, you're going to want these, so use the Code Boys for twenty percent off. Everything was going so well that last line. I was cushing it, dude. Literally, I'm actually really proud of that. This is the roadback question. Do you think you can truly beat the legend Matt Hamilton into getting one hundred Olympics?
Speaker 7: Explain yourself one hundred percent? Well, first of all, I think I have ultimate faith in myself.
Speaker 1: Sound like Liver King when he said that, and I think I know who that is. But hey, if you sounded like that, that's probably cool, dude.
Speaker 7: That yeah, And I just think in a matter of time, like we're we're all in. I mean, we curl every single day. All that we have nothing to do with my team is what we do.
Speaker 1: We curl.
Speaker 7: I mark other things with the kid, but every morning we're at we're at tea line right here in Nashville. Throw yeah, that or do you swish Swisher? Well, everybody sweeps, everybody throw, so I play second. So I actually play Hamilton's position, and I'll be playing him this weekend where MINESDA in Minnesota. He's in art he's in the in the in the opposing pool. If he's well, I don't know if he's going to be there. Shooter's going to be there. So he met Hamilton rotates with Colin Hoffman every once in a while. But uh so we're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: I might played against him yet. Yeah, my very first curling match was against Shuster and Hamilton. Right.
Speaker 7: Ever, my very first one, I played the gold medalist. That's how ridiculous curling is that a schlub like me came off the street, paid my entry fee four.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars the ghost curly. It's the gold Medalist. How did you do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: We lost missile misery, but miserably. But me and Matt had a bet side bet.
Speaker 7: So in curling, if you're losing bad enough, you just give up, right And my coach at the time, who was filling in for our other teammates, was mad that he wanted.
Speaker 1: Us to give up. He threw I actually played really well. He threw a piss poor shot. We gave up like five points like the third name when it was close games. But I had like a six point cushion with the busses falling apart up here. That's cool bro, all right.
Speaker 7: But so yeah, me and Ham's curl had a freaking uh had a side bet. He gave me like X amount of points and we already knw we're gonna play it through.
Speaker 1: So I lost.
Speaker 7: I had to give him a jersey. He's a Packer fan and he wanted to Carolina jersey, so I sent him a Minnesota jersey, and uh yeah, that's my guy.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 1: I like that. We like to talk trash to each other. But uh yeah, if I didn't think I could beat him, then you know I gotta beat him. At some point I was like going to welch on my bet. Yeah, I love that. When do we find out about that? I'll let you know with the bet. Yeah, Olympic trials in about three years. Love. He looked at your not wash that wasn't there ye years too, We got three years bust on the boys. I'm betting on you on you. I love you right now. I love Matt Bear, no expense to make it happen. Oh really, you'll get on PDS. No, gosh, I get tested. I can't cheat. Literally, just said, whatever it takes, I'm not gonna cheat. I'm not a cheater. You're a cheater. Gotta keep you how PD is gonna help me a curling anyways? Never blood doping? I guess why not blood dope? The blood dope. Yeah, we appreciate having you on. Man, it's incredible, and that's that's that's the goal. Yeah, dude, this is the best. This is I love this carried Allen. I'm busting with the boys. Subscriberry five stars. Please buy our Merchant's incredible