Speaker 1: Alright, Goust. We got a lot of great Commander's content specifically exclusive to the Commanders. Right, We've got training camp specials live. We're covering that, right, freend.
Speaker 2: We all on the sidelines and we in the booth too.
Speaker 1: An, Tanna, we have another podcast coming up this week which is new, and we are previewing the Browns game, right, Tanne, Yeah, the brown the Browns. Right, So make sure you check out all that content. And uh yeah, welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson Smooth.
Speaker 2: Seven days, seven days. You were gone coming the whole entire year. I take off one week and you act like I just been missing.
Speaker 1: We were worried about him, man, We were like, man, what's up with Fred? We gotta call the cops.
Speaker 3: We honestly thought she tapped into the old Free You know, the old Fred used.
Speaker 4: To just not even tell nobody where he was at.
Speaker 2: Can come up, go up on the bend.
Speaker 4: It was a long night for him and he be going with Friday's.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't just us, man, Fans were asking about it, where's Fred? Wor's Fred?
Speaker 5: We got fans actually missed me? You didn't actually miss me? I actually miss Fred, I told.
Speaker 1: You outside I missed you. Yes to see you. I said, it's good to see you.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: That's me saying I miss you. And then Santanamos, the guy that's just cool as a cucumber all the time.
Speaker 4: Damn, I don't even like cucumber.
Speaker 2: I know it's drunk of cucumber shaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I told you the apple drowned it out.
Speaker 1: A little bit, so you know, well that's a weird that's a weird turn of expression. Cool as a cucumber.
Speaker 2: Well, because actually cucumbers mostly water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean they wanted the few vegetables they can freeze.
Speaker 1: Oh freeze, I mean that's afraid. That's what I mean. I respect it. Can a watermelon freeze?
Speaker 2: Yes, the water in the can. I just told him how to make a watermelon.
Speaker 5: Uh not the icy shave dice if I wanted to make a shave, but if I will put this in the fridge for like eight hours, let it freeze.
Speaker 2: HOI brick and did scrape it.
Speaker 1: Because people are listening to this, they can't see what you're pointing at. Fred from his garden, Yeah, brought in a watermelon. Yes, they had to wait man, we.
Speaker 5: Were straight out of safe way.
Speaker 1: And we are going to try it later in the show. It's our last segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got but I got some scrawberries two hours. Did you grow those two? Yes?
Speaker 5: They're not easy your wash and grow. They might need a little, but I don't use pesticides. All my stuff is grown.
Speaker 1: U fertilizer. What are use for fertilizer?
Speaker 5: Well, all you gotta do is grow red peppers around this stuff and insect hate red.
Speaker 2: Uh, incorporate grow red.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm laughing to my secreuse. I actually want to go see him, and he's gone and it set up.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'll be in there like mama and then like somebody grandma.
Speaker 2: Listen to mob and game player. I'm vegetables love and listen to mobbing day.
Speaker 1: There's there's a thing right about vegetables and music. They like certain times of music.
Speaker 5: Vegetables and animals were go. Cows listen to music daily.
Speaker 1: Drink a lot of beer too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do drink beer to keep keep that all the bacteria.
Speaker 3: And I heard something about it, and I'm not sure this got anything to do with you know what we're talking about. But seriously, I heard something about water. Scientists got water and basically, you know, put in a negative environment, blasted some negative you know music, music and voiceovers and frozen and said you can see the water.
Speaker 4: Look it froze different that they did it.
Speaker 3: What they did the same water with positive surrounding, spoke positive.
Speaker 4: Stuff in the air and it was crystal. It was like clear water, icicles and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, it's emotional water out there.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that they say that we can shape stuff off of motions, off energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I believe that. Like I say, I don't know this.
Speaker 1: I heard it.
Speaker 3: For me to tell you about it, For me to tell you about it, that means I heard it.
Speaker 1: So what I know, I'm going to be a nerd. I'm gonna push my glasses up my nose here. I think this might be spuriously correlated to some other factors. Because water has no perception of emotions, it looks like it's just noise to water. But okay, that's the whole time out. But music is operates at a certain wavelength, right, is a wavelength, and so the water doesn't it's going to perceive the wavelength.
Speaker 2: That don't shoot the.
Speaker 5: Water don't shoot the message. Yeah, energy is organized chaos.
Speaker 3: Okay, A couple of fans listening and going to say, yes, I saw the same thing.
Speaker 4: I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you, if you, if you heard this, leave a comment. If you're a scientist, also leave a comment. Angry Water, if you ran this experiment, leave a comment. Maybe calling the show. We got a special guest. Our first special guest is about Angry Water. Right, But let's get back into what we're good at talking about, which is Fred's farming, but also football, right, Yeah, and this week we're going to do a deep dive on the NFC East, just kind of talk about like where the visions at, what each team's doing, and then maybe like a bigger, high level picture for the division. All right, so let's just start with I don't know what do you start with? The Eagles? Guess cause there were a super.
Speaker 5: An the crop last year. But let's be honest, the NFC shocked everybody last year. We was almost the first division to have four teams to make it to the playoffs. So everybody, and how so soon do they forget? Because now all of a sudden, we six months removed and everybody saying that the AFC East is going to be the square.
Speaker 2: I think is uh, who's a Brown's Ravens Bengals.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be the squad this year.
Speaker 2: No, they're saying distance.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, jackson Ville, not not Jacksonville, but that division that everybody's hyping up. And now just about the fact that Dallas is stacked, Philly is restacked. The Giants I think might take a step back. And I thought we got better in the off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean Philadelphia like that was maybe the best roster in football last year. Everyone says, oh man, they do. Their offense is so crisp and so simple. It's one of the things you can do when you've got a really good football team is run a Chris simple offense. Are they able to get back? They lost their left guard, Isaac Suppogo. I forget it's probably yeah, butchered as well. He's he's in Detroit now. They got to replace that guy that drafted Tyler Steen from Alabama in the first round. Yeah, and then they got you know, the linebacker's gone, Nakobe Dean's back defensive lineman. They kind of have our re stocking, but with some people and pieces that are a little unknown. And our producer brought this up, and I think this is a really good point. Jason shout out new dad, what's up? Yeah, Yeah, he had yeah something weeks. He looks good though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I will say that it's really hard for teams to repeat his Super Bowl Champs unless you got an elite quarterback. And is Jalen Hurts an elite quarterback? When Champs, they was running and runners up?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: And is it can they get back to that same level or is there going to be a regression? And is there going to be a regression? Let's just start there with I think that's a great question.
Speaker 3: But I think one of the things that stands out the most that we haven't talked, but it's just a lot of those coaches that have departed. You know, Yeah, the players play the game, but trust me, we know throughout the week's preparation is key. And if you have a new guy, a new instructor that's teaching you something.
Speaker 4: He might not be you know, comfortable with coaching real.
Speaker 3: So I played on plenty of teams where we had the players and we just wasn't giving right right bingo.
Speaker 4: So that's my question.
Speaker 3: I think when it comes down to what they have, they restock the d line. They got so many guys from Georgia that we don't know what they're trying to do over there. And then offensively, man, they still they still poping. You know, they have three of the best or two of the best receivers in the game in our division. They have a quarterback to me that easily could be what top five right now, easily top five.
Speaker 5: About right now, he could be top five. But they got a legit top five tight end. They got DeAndre god Or just considered top five right now. I'm telling you what I say. You got Swill at the running back position. I think they just signed Males Jack and they just signed another linebacker, so they understand where their roster at and they're at that bubble. So yeah, they're ready to buffs. They're all right, they got one of those teams now. Talent just brought it up.
Speaker 2: Coaching. Sarahani is mostly known for his defense, right is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Nick Sirianni is known for his defense. Right am I right or wrong?
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, you lost your defensive coordinator like this who had the personal relationship with the defense you lost your offensive coordinator, you lost your identity. I know somebody else is gonna try to call something very similar, but at the end of the day, if it ain't Payton, Manning and somebody else that already runs there on offense, you're gonna have a new identity.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I actually think they're getting a new defensive coordinator might be better for their defense because their defense was so vanilla last year, very soft cover three, soft cover six right, and like lots of underneath throws. So what happens when you get a little bit more aggressive. We talk about being more aggressive with our guys, and like watching training camp practice and seeing those guys be way way more aggressive, and how that affects the pass rush. He's got a pretty god pass rush over there, pretty good d line rotation. So does that make them better? It doesn't make them worse. We don't know. We're not out of practice for them. But the thing that gets me is the big question mark is the offense, because that's so much of that, insulating the quarterback, understanding what he does well, understanding what your personnel can do, and having a flow. Yes, I've never seen I've never seen a new offensive coordinator come in and run the offense better than the old guy.
Speaker 3: And to the offensive guys that they're already credit they might not have to act of that new court in to do much, you know what I mean. Let the guys run, you know, let these guys run the yard. I think when you look at Jalen Hurts, who expected him to look like he looked last year? And already we're hearing in camp he's just being looking phenomenal. And you know, we're talking about the top one hundred guys just a couple of weeks ago and we just found out that, you know, the the guy you know, we know who eat Patty Old Paddy, he's.
Speaker 1: Number one overall.
Speaker 3: But his own teammate said that Jalen Hurts, I'll played him and he said he never saw super Bowl play at that level. So Jalen Hurts to me, made that team look like they looked last year. I think that defense have always been known to be one of those defenses that come up there and play weekend and week out, year in and year out. But having that quarterback position, you know, you know, play it dominant as Jaden Hurst played last year. I think that's the reason why Philadelphia stood out, and to me, I think that's what's going to have to go forward. They're going to be the team that had to be on Joen Hurston.
Speaker 5: And had a hint of unfinished business. Like it don't feel like a hangover far just losing the Super Bowl with them. I feel more honger because I was, you know, I like to spou on him. I was firing on him two days ago. And they say, right now, Jayden Carter is giving Jason Kelsey everything he can, and that tells me everything's been center in football. They say, Jason Carr, I mean Jalen Carter is picking him up, moving him to different parts. So at the end of the day, don't forget they still got Jordan Davis, Brandon Graham like, so, Dan, you got to Fletcher Coxes your third detach. They add a very dangerous and deep team. Everybody's trying to for some reason, and they do this every off season, try to throw the Cowboys in the upper excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, doesn't doesn't feel like that roster the Cowboy When you look at Philly's roster top to bottom, it's just there's not a lot of weaknesses. They re signed Darius Slay. They get all those pieces back in the secondary. They do a good job drafting young players for those safety spots to kind of fill in linebackers. I think question mark there with the Kobe Dean, right, like what's he going to be because like I was not super high on him coming out of college, but again, like maybe he's the guy.
Speaker 5: But keeping them the tackles, keeping people out for him so he can run sideline and sideline.
Speaker 2: And don't forget they signed cunning him.
Speaker 5: It was the six four middle linebacker from Bandon and they also signed mass Jack, so they go, you go two venturis in case the Kobe Dean not ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I actually think the biggest question mark for me is the is the coaching right if they can, if they can kind of write that ship. I don't see from a roster standpoint. I guess barring injury too, right, if Jalen hurts gets hurt, like that's gonna be a tough deal, right, But I think they're they're the cream of the crop in the division.
Speaker 2: They guess who you got to beat?
Speaker 1: Yeahs, who you got to prove it?
Speaker 4: Knock them off?
Speaker 1: They pedal? Yeah, Yeah, I think we're all in agreement there, right, Yeah, that way.
Speaker 5: So nobody feel good about New York Giants. And do everybody feel like it was free gazy what they did?
Speaker 1: So just the market. It's one of those teams where like the margin for Aratanna is so small, right, they're winning games sixteen to seventeen, the last minute field goal, They're everything has fallen right for them. They're going on these twelve fifteen play drives. Consistency. Now, that's coaching, and that's good stuff, but it's also like there's a reason people don't do that. It's statistically not sustainable. And so I but I am higher on the Giants, and I think a lot of people get I think they did good a job kind of bringing in talent around Daniel Jones tight end. And they brought in, you know, some kind of fast, small receivers that can make them, make them a little bit more explosive offensively, create more space underneath for some of those players.
Speaker 5: So they drafted the guy from Tennessee who flat out run. I think he's gonna have to learn how to go against the pro press.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 4: He was in motion all the time and and he's like.
Speaker 2: A runaway type guy. He used to run, and I want to see him run the whole route. Tree used to just running past people. That ain't gonna work in the NFL every day.
Speaker 5: But I think the Giants are just a scrappy team with they do got identa because I thought they played on defense well, I think lowing Thibadeau.
Speaker 2: I think dead group of guys they got over there. I think they can play. But if you ask me, they're the last team in this division. If you ask me the.
Speaker 1: Last team the last season. Wow, interesting because I think they're they're so well coached. They don't have they do have our number, but they're solo coached, and they've they've got better on the offensive line, they've gotten better, and it's like, I guess to me, I guess the big question is I look at quarterbacks and is Daniel Jones better than Sam Howell right now? I would say probably, And usually usually that's not one hundred percent accurate, but usually that's a good indicator of a team that's probably going to be a little bit better now. I think I think the defense here is significantly better than them, and I think they can. The ceiling for them is incredibly high. I'm talking about Washington now, but they do have some pieces on that defense that are pretty talented. The offense, I think it feels a little bit piecemeal, but it's getting better. So it's just it's hard to know what the Giants because it was the marge Vera was like, so.
Speaker 5: You want to feel that way about Dania Jones because he just has a a big a book of work than Salem.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly right, because if I ask you to compare.
Speaker 5: To him and say, is his arms strong and his Sam, I'd be like, nah, they they own arms comparable with Daniel Jones can run with Sam can run also, Like, so it ain't the only thing that stopping him is one got three thousand plays under they built, the other one got nineteen.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like what we're talking about today, Fred with Jacoby Verssett. How Jacoby looks a little bit better in certain situations just because he's more experience. That doesn't mean Sam's potential isn't better. But right now, Sam is you know, he's a second year player one start to his name, So that's a rookie. Yeah yeah, yeah, But so so Giants, what's the thought I mean, they drafted the Banks in the first round. He's a pressman corner that fits with what they want to do defensively, they drafted John Michael Schmid's the center from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I love Michael Smiths.
Speaker 1: And then is does Evan Neil kind of take the same level of improvement this year? Right, there's some pieces there they make you go, well maybe, and then Darren Waller again, I am so high on Dyla wrote to me. When he's healthy, he's maybe the best tight ending football, best best offensive weapon. Yeah, and put him, put him in that offense with with day Ball and uh Kafka, Like what is the result there? Like? Can he be a thousand yard receiver? Can he add an explosi development to that?
Speaker 2: Only if Daniel Jones take another step?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If Daniel Jones don't take another step, they will take a step.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's that's something that we don't give that guy enough credit for. Daniel Jones have for the years I've been watching him, y'all understood that.
Speaker 4: You know a few years ago he.
Speaker 3: Fumbled the ball a lot, but his office the line wasn't blocking worth nothing, So he was always in scramble mode and trying to do more.
Speaker 1: Than he needed to do.
Speaker 4: But he's been accurate when he throws the ball.
Speaker 3: He's been a guy that knows how to allow the defense to get up here and then he finds that crease to run through there and get those hitting yards with his legs. So you know, he's that scary good to me, Like, he's not one of those guys that you sit there and say we got to serve him on our paper that week and say we got to get ready for him, but we always got to say and went in doubt this guy here can beat us. But he's been precise and been accurate at time. So adding Waller's gonna be scary because now he has that safety and that he has a guy and that he can remember that a couple of years ago they wanted they wanted that other tight end to be that guy, and he ended up going to Jacksonville and Ingram and he having a phenomenal time out there, you know, playing in Jacksonville. But the Giants has always had our number. So we have to find a way that a way to beat him. We gotta beat these guys. This is that those coaches just know how to coach better against us. Yeah, what it is because we always had the players.
Speaker 2: The question is when we play the Giants, is it the Xes and O's are the Jimmy and the Joe?
Speaker 5: Like this, this is what we're gonna have to figure out because right now, I think with the Exes and the os, we got a group that can adapt to them. So now it's the player of the player, right, and that's gonna be the key. But when I look at this division as a whole, everybody has a dominating D line all four teams.
Speaker 1: They might have the best defensive lineman in the division, Exel Lawrence, right, So like it's it's a it's I will say on the edges, they're not super strong.
Speaker 5: I Thoughteau if the year came year, he came on and Lyonnel Williams on the other side, like they have they.
Speaker 1: Got some dudes. They got some dudes. I agree. So one thing I wanted to ask you before we kind of move on to the Cowboys is tak on Barkley.
Speaker 2: Right, Barkley is God's hell to running back listen, but also.
Speaker 1: He's another weapon and right, yeah, yeah, and I think you know, I would say Daniel Jones was at the Helm, but definitely, you know in the passenger seat, navigating all the directions.
Speaker 5: And when you a defensive coordinator, you're about to play the New York Giants, your first thing you want to do is stop Saquon Barkley and make them one dimensional.
Speaker 1: That's how you and you know because like one of the things about them last year is they were not able to find a lot of explosive plays. Like we talked about the top, but Saquon was a guy that would bring explosive plays to the offense. Oh yeah, he was their only avenue of explosives. Yes. So now they've got Waller, they've got Saquon, they've got Hodges, who's playing better than receiver. That's pretty good. They brought in from Buffalo, and they've got some faster, kind of underneath guys with Hyatt and some other guys.
Speaker 5: So and they get Stirling back, they get they get so they got guys coming back.
Speaker 1: I agree. So what's the consensus. If we had to kind of put a bow on it, they go as far as Daniel Jones.
Speaker 5: Basically, I think this divis is gonna look a lot like it did last year, Like I really, and it's gonna be a two to three game gap between the third and fourth teen to see who.
Speaker 2: Is gonna try to sneak in their playoff again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, So let's talk about the Cowboys real quick. And the Cowboys are always funny to talk about to me because they're so over I don't say overhype, but there's so much hype around the team.
Speaker 2: They over reported.
Speaker 3: What it is that makes these guys the I mean, every camp, every year it's Cowboys, Cowboys over.
Speaker 5: Reported because she's that miss America? Like, that's what cowboys? I miss America with a dead tooth in the.
Speaker 2: Who it is? You don't know?
Speaker 3: It's too I'll tell you one thing. You gotta get Jerry Jones his credit man, because he knows something.
Speaker 2: He knows how to have his team.
Speaker 4: He know how to have his team front and center.
Speaker 1: Each year.
Speaker 4: Man, they the most talked about, it the most criticized. And if they come out of that thing playing good, and then they're like, oh, well see the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Everybody channel it's it's like I get tired of turning my TV on and it's a cowboy on every Channel's Tony Romo, Mike this Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys, even Lawrence Lawynch.
Speaker 2: Showed up at the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Nobody want to talk about him, butchering the national listen, Ohkersworth, Yes, the market well showed up at the I was like, just get your yellow jacket, man.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know he feeling good boy himself. Boy, but I would not got up there and sound like that. Ifody knew I sounded lady. He got up there signing like Willie Van Dras. It was terrible, and nobody.
Speaker 5: Want to report the news because I was sitting down asking my kids and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: To hear it.
Speaker 3: It's the worst now, man, I turned mine down. I said, I didn't want to see him do it to trying it down little I felt back. I was like, I was looking on TV and see if anybody gonna start smirking, and see if the players start looking at you, you know how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I was doing it. I was texting people. I only one cannot be listen football players, listen to me. Now, we're not great at everything. We are not great at everything.
Speaker 4: That boy had his eyes closed.
Speaker 1: But if you try the Cowboys stuff, we got shows right, you know you can watch. Yeah, we dance centers like make sure you turn the YouTube page for only Commander's content, right, So that's what I know. You get tired of that friend. No, that's where you can go Fred if you don't.
Speaker 5: Want to watch, But you could also go to my new podcast with Michael Jing. Let's get that out, because you know what I want to learn about how your life tolerant? They have a whispering in class, So how do you try to cheat on the test? What's the number one to number ten? And to teach hearing you back then? Because I couldn't whisper. So I've been getting laughed my whole life, so I understand what it is there.
Speaker 1: We go, good job, all right, So let's talk about the Cowboys actual roster and how not how good they're singing the national anthem, which tear.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can give you nine thumbs down.
Speaker 1: So Receivers, Michael Gallup, Brandy Cook's CD LAMB. That's a pretty good group, right it is. And I know you don't have a lot of love for Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 5: But you do have love for CD Lamb. I just think he's a one B. I don't think he's a one A. He doesn't take the top off that's his thing now. He does make contested catches. He is very quick in and out of his cuts, very good in the slot. I just think, if I take the top five corners in the league, I'm not afraid to leave none.
Speaker 2: Of them one on one with CDE lamp All.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Ceede Lamb might feel differently about that, but I get what you're saying, Like he's not like this explosive threat. He's like a threat, good route runner, he catches the ball like he does, find explosive plays. It'll be That's something we should also talk about. Michae McCarthy calling the offense. Yeah, right, that I think is gonna be a little bit of aggression in my opinion.
Speaker 5: The last time he called the offense, you remember in Green Bay, it did not go well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's a very stagnant offense. It's a very traditional offense.
Speaker 3: To me, I think it's Dak though. I think I don't care what goes on. I don't care who's calling what plays. It's all Dak is. If that gonna be in his head this year, he's already here to be something. I'm never gonna have a season like that again.
Speaker 4: You don't know what.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, he shouldn't have came back. He broke his hand.
Speaker 5: He should can We watched Russell do it the year before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I think everything is predicated on how DK plays. I mean, trust me that the Cowboys finds the way to play.
Speaker 1: They play great.
Speaker 4: Defense, they can move the chains, and then that do things that that do.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: He tried and you got to think about it since he broke that whatever ankle or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is, Yeah, he ain't. No, a lot of his game was running, running the ball. He was doing something with them.
Speaker 4: Get he's so.
Speaker 2: Strong, he's like a mule. He's a huge nap kind of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he gets those five ten yards with ease, and now that's part of his game that he hasn't went me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right about it.
Speaker 4: I think that to me is gonna be on him if he tried to sit back there and show the world that I can dice you up.
Speaker 3: See what people fail to realize a lot of times when we talk about quarterbacks, say, well, a lot of those balls was ricocheted off his.
Speaker 4: Players, But you know why it was ricochet right throwing the ball too hard. You don't need to throw the ball.
Speaker 3: And trust me, fired up, I've been there, bro, when you got a quarterback that don't know how to give you a pass when you're not that far a catchuple pass.
Speaker 4: Bro, He's going to have those deflections. You're going to have those balls that we love, we love.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's going to be on deck and that can you could be accurate that, but put it in the chest, don't put it up here in the head, and it's going a thousand miles you know, per hour.
Speaker 1: No, I totally agree with that. And so to me, it's Mike McCarthy Dak Prescott that relationship because the thing about watching that offense last year, it's really, you know, with more right Kellen Moore, very play action, heavy, easy reads, finding good matchups and McCarthy that's not a characteristic of his offense. It's like, here's the picture pre snap and I don't know if that Dak's not Aaron Rodgers in my opinion, and that offense goes because it is, you know, Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers was the guy.
Speaker 3: Ceedee Lamb already stated that it's going to be on deck. He's going to be able to run the offensive that the office is in his hands.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's a quarterback man. You know, everything falls into quarterback left. But I can say this the only thing I can say about Dallas. They do have the best defensive player in the Hall Division.
Speaker 1: And maybe the best defense.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just saying, Michael Parson, but I think what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying take strap plate on that. I agree with you, But I'm saying that defense when they are rolling, Yeah, like they do some really cool diskise stuff. They bring great pressures, they run with great line games like they are a Dan risk.
Speaker 2: They got a great link.
Speaker 4: We want to give credit to the Eagles.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys defense deserve all that crowd from last year they played the game.
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, maybe the best defense. I mean, so, I don't want to cut you off town, maybe the best defense in the division, like not.
Speaker 3: The vision No right, yeah, I think so because because we haven't we haven't played as well as we should play.
Speaker 1: In the back end, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think they have both that front end, the lineback and in the back end.
Speaker 3: Look the back end last year they had a guy that played better than Diggs and he wont get't no credit for it.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is what I was about to say. These gave up a thousand yards last year. They do have some dudes back there. But the only reason they got the slight edge on us they becking good I beckon good linebackers.
Speaker 2: Is where they got just where everything splits it on the defensive side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and you know, obviously they drafted Maszie Smith out of Michigan first round defensive tackle, kind of shore up that run run defense, which wasn't very good for them last year. But I really think it's yeah, Michael Parsons that they just have such good team speed. Those strong stageties they have like are just hook Yeah, they they just paid him. Yeah, big box players they cover like their cam curls are really really good and get a lot of flexibility. So Curst and the rest of those, I think we're in agreement here, like just to put a bow on it real quick. So maybe the best defense, maybe the best defensive coordinator of the division. I think Jackson have something to say about that at the end of this year. But it's really Mike McCarthy, Dak Prescott, how good that team is going to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, YouTube day out of define the factors with Philadelphia, it's really offensive coordinator defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: New York is more player based. Yes, so here we got a miss of coach and player. So it's Jamie David's gonna take that next step.
Speaker 5: It's coach b enemy's offense, gonna take the offense to another level on those ends, finally gonna get double digit sex right Uh, and practice they look like it's Curtis Sam You want to put his name in the head is I'm a good call? I mean I'm a good wide receiver. Also, I know that Johann Dawson say with a full year, I'm the top fifteen hours. So it's so many story lines that we got in the division.
Speaker 1: Right now, I agree, And I think for us, let's talk about us or the commanders, excuse me. So for this team to be to get where, for this team to get where it's got it wants to go, let's say that let's say winning the division is the goal. It's a lofty goal. What needs to happen for this team.
Speaker 2: Coaches need the coach and players need to.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, it's one of those things where I think for a long time we didn't have a pensmanship.
Speaker 2: We couldn't beat people with the pen.
Speaker 1: People you're talking about, all right, all right.
Speaker 5: When I played for Greg Williams, the one thing I could always say was we won. We was always prepared. We watched enough film that we diagnosed you and know what you was doing. But mainly I knew what Greg want it need to do, all right, and I trusted in what Greg wanted us to do. So when Greg was like, this is their favorite play, well this is what we're gonna run. We're gonna run these two plays against their favorite play because we finish steal that out route because they love to do it, and we're gonna steal it from the outside. Going in this beating somebody with the pen. That means my players don't matter right now. I am gonna go in here and I am going to whoop you with the pin. We need good quarterback play because I'm not gonna even bring the defense in because the defense proved that they was a top five defense.
Speaker 2: I just need you to be that again, all right.
Speaker 5: So it's all about offensive coordinator, meet your quarterback. That's the story of the man this season.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 3: It's to me, I think It all lies on the offense. I think we need to protect. I think we're gonna be able to run, you know Washington practice. But you have to have both, you know what I mean. You have to because you know, and then you don't want teams tea and off on you.
Speaker 4: They can do is run.
Speaker 3: We ain't scared of them the past, so I think we have to be able to and even if we're not, you know, because I don't, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not solely sitting here and saying that Sam need to be one of the best, you know, top ten quarterbacks when it comes to passing the football down the field.
Speaker 4: You have the skill guys where you can just dink and dunk the ball and allow them to be.
Speaker 2: Do what they do for you.
Speaker 3: But we have to know how to disguise things in a manner with that offense, with what eb have shown us that they can do over there in Kansas City. That gets teams to second guess theirself. You don't want them to say, well, we know this is a run. You want them to say see pass and say, oh man, they ran out of that, or they did a slip screen.
Speaker 4: That counts as a run you.
Speaker 1: Know thatmanship that yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree, And so I think it's so if I was going to kind of say some couple of things one Eb Sam Howe. Offensively, we've talked about that a ton on right, a ton on this podcast, like is the offense good to Sam? Pick it up? And can can Eb's offense elevate this group of playmakers the way that day Ball and Kafka did in New York last year quite frankly, like they elevated a bad group of players yea, and got the most out of that. And I think we have a better we have We definitely have a better skill position group, and our offensive line is probably coming together in a nice way. But can they elevate them to kind of take that next step? That's a big question for me. Offensively. Defensively, I think it's twofold. I think one is is Chase Young going to be Chase Young or a version of Chase Young that's dominant because if he's dominant, like, why.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you something load.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as a player, I ain't we out dominating in that country years.
Speaker 2: So it's so fun to have dominant we are, like.
Speaker 1: You talk about you talk about being dominant, like Monteze looks I'm not even kidding, looks unblockable when he like when he wants to in practice, that bulldog is taking a step up there.
Speaker 3: I think he also understand too that he needs to be that guy this year because I mean, you know, last year played well, he played great, especially not having Chase Oh when he was around these Yeah, it's gonna be his showy because these guys, you gotta think, team's gonna say, you know what y'all do every week when we get ready to play that guy on offense, you circle them.
Speaker 4: You see we need we need two, three.
Speaker 2: Four five guys stop him and see what else they got for us.
Speaker 3: You gotta say on our d line, you gotta play even who were gonna double and who we're not gonna double. And then you to say, you know what, we gotta let these guys in the back end just show us that they gonna pick everything off because we can't double nobody. We gotta let these guys run the Bobbie, I get it. I think Chase, Chase is gonna be chased this year because he has a lot to prove. But Mantez is gonna he's going to benefit so much this year from having chased back.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. So that's my one and my two is the back end. Can they play as consistently and as together as they've been playing out here in practice, right, Emmanuel Forest and just say juice it'll fulur look great. Cam looks like he's taking that next step getting his hands on the football contract here for him too. Forrest has been super consistent, love Percy Kwan. They've got the pieces. Can they continue to just make it tight? Window?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Hey, that's a great Christmas because if they.
Speaker 1: Do, it's a scary thing.
Speaker 2: Nice soneys, But we gonna be set up here. We can't.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to go to order these guys out here, and do we had to give an order? What's the order? What's the order for the division? Real quick order for the division?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, I'm gonna go with the I'm gonna go with what I know from my old division, my division. Philadelphia can't win the division because they won it last year. Ain't nobody to repeat it in seventeen ball claim. I'm just telling you all right now, do that mean the Cowboys win it.
Speaker 2: I hope not. I hope not. I know who it ain't gonna be. It ain't gonna be the giants.
Speaker 1: It's talking to me the giants.
Speaker 2: So so it's cowboys or us or us.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a pretty bold claim. Yeah all right, so Tannel like jump the gun here it were.
Speaker 2: It was told me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Tanna took a fight. We were jumping to farmer friend's uh watermelon here took a bite. It doesn't look that juicy? Is it juicy?
Speaker 2: I say, you smell if a vestments coming up?
Speaker 1: Don't you get the probably saying that professs like that? Who cut these pieces? Man? It looks like like like the biggest piece I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Here, we got sowing, we cut. Then what it is? I taste it? Tell me what you think? Got some beeries? I grew in it?
Speaker 1: That is nice, man, that's very nice.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just home. They were just sitting there.
Speaker 2: This is a red watermelon I have. This is a strawberries I have right here.
Speaker 5: Strawberryes are the easiest thing to grow, but they attract a lot of insects.
Speaker 2: So this is why I make sure I grow red peppers around du I love.
Speaker 1: The little This was really good. Yeah, I don't know what I thought I was gonna taste, like.
Speaker 4: I knew it's gonna be good because from weakness, you know what he said, he grew.
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't waken none of my money, not for not for stuff that I can grow now, stuff that I can't grow. Main goals and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I get them from the stop.
Speaker 1: So what's the key. You're growing a good watermelon?
Speaker 5: Well understanding what it's made from water, simply that, and it needs to be raised, like the one thing about part of it, Like I boxed them in because the one thing about these watermelon is they need to lay on the ground and that's how you get the south the yellow spots and stuff on them, and they'll let you know if it's sweet or not. You see how yellow the bottom of it was. That was the signal that it was a sweet water and that it had ripened. So the one thing about it is if you take them off the vine, they still rip they don't.
Speaker 2: Get ripe anymore. It's over with.
Speaker 1: Oh it's over.
Speaker 5: I have to let them get ripe on the vine because I'm gonna bring you out a yellow one but they still need to be on the vine for like a week and a half or.
Speaker 1: Two mad and everything, you know everything, But were gonna talk anymore. This is pretty listen.
Speaker 2: I grew it in the garden.
Speaker 4: They sorry jump the gun, but they will call them.
Speaker 2: That watermelon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that's going to do it. On this beautiful watermelon day. We'll try the strawberries aurn a little bit. But thank you all for joining. We really appreciate it, and continue to like and subscribe wherever you get this commander's contact watermelon, I got it. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.