Speaker 1: The Chiefs and Lions are back from the by. They are healthier than they've been in months. But is there a vulnerability for both these teams entering Saturday's divisional playoffs. Our guys Jeffrey Chidia and Adam Rank will tell you how somebody could topple the number one seats. The first role playing the Egles on the Road is don't insult Philly fans in advance. The second role to play in the Eagles on the Road is don't insult Philly fans in advance. The third rule, okay, get it show to say Juan Barkley, here what the two thousand yard man had to say about a barb from La. I mean, while a Monster matchup on Sunday night in Buffalo, a game so big even Ed Reid might want to get out there and lateral to Dion Sanders again, Okay, that's not playing. He's like forty six years old, but he is going to join us on the Insiders to show that requires a similar level of physical fitness. Welcome in Died with the Insiders alongside Ian Rappaport and Mike Garafalo. I am Tom Pelicero. It is the eve of what many consider the greatest weekend in football, Divisional playoff weekend. Well, if Zane Gonzalez, the Commander's Kicker, joining the show, we will talk about all these matchups coming up this weekend. Let's start out with one guy who's probably not gonna make it. That is Ravens wide receiver Zay Flowers, seen here in video from practice giving Brandy Chastain a run for her money. He's officially listed as doubtful because of that need that he banged up a couple of weeks ago. Ian's been on this told you a couple of days ago that he was a long shot to play. John Harbust still saying he has a chance. It is a night game, so they've still got forty eight hours or so, but it seems like once again the Ravens likely without their star wide receiver. The Texans also have a notable injury, running back Joe Mixon officially listed as questionable for their game, the kicks off Divisional playoff weekend tomorrow afternoon against the Chiefs. He's had that ankle for most of the season. In the in and out of the lineup, he's gotten a couple of hip drop tackles that have not helped matters here listed as questionable, though again from Ian sounds like that's trending toward Joe Mixon being able to play. Check out the full divisional round schedule. It all kicks off on Saturday afternoon. It is the Texans at the Chiefs, followed by primetime in Motown, Commanders at Lions. Sunday, you got the Rams at the Eagles, and that all wraps up with the Ravens at the Bills. On the other side of the coin, there are six teams that right now missed the playoffs and need a head coach. There's some of the interviews that happened earlier today, the Jets, who are approaching the twenty mark of interviews, speaking with Brian Flores, Josh McCown, Jeff Halfley, the Cowboys. That's a notable one, with Kellen Moore coming in more on that momentarily. Here the Saints revived their search. They had not done any interviews in a week. Jaguars, Bears, and Raiders all active as well. Rappidport. Where do you want to start here?
Speaker 2: Let's start talking about the Dallas Cowboys and kind of where they are in the search. Obviously, they interviewed Kellen Moore today. That was a virtual interview. Kellen Moore considered to be, let's say, a top candidate with the Dallas Cowboys, known well former offensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: They have Robert Saalad in person tomorrow and then as you reported, Tom Leslie Fraser in person on Monday, which would mean theoretically after Monday, the Cowboys could hire someone if they wanted. My sense though this is going to take some time. They do believe that they don't have to be in a rush. It could be a sort of more methodical search, might even be.
Speaker 4: The last one done.
Speaker 1: We will see.
Speaker 2: So that is one search. Let's go to the Jacksonville Jaguars now. They've interviewed eight candidates, including most recently Brian Flores interviewed with them.
Speaker 4: I Todd Monkin recently interviewed with them.
Speaker 2: A couple of names to watch though, I would say Aaron Glenn and Ben Jonson both considered to be very high up as far as where the Jaguars go and what they like. Usually it's a big expansive lists for Jacksonville guys this time and is not much more targeted. Still, several top ca for what should be a really, really attractive job.
Speaker 3: Speaking of coaching searches that are taking a while and taking their time, the New York Jets they interviewed three candidates today, Brian Flores, the Vikings defensive coordinator, Jeff Halfley, the Packers defensive coordinator, and Josh McCown, the quarterbacks coach for the Minnesota Vikings, a former Jet and a guy that has garnered some head coaching experience even before he was an assistant coach in the NFL. So there's a lot of thought that maybe one of those two Vikings guys could come paired with Ryan Grigson, who was interviewed for the general manager job previously. So we shall see how this all falls for the Jets as they start to get into the second phase eventually of their coaching and general manager search. Meanwhile, the Raiders interviewing Ron Rivera today. They've had Vance Joseph, the defensive coordinator from Denver on the radar in the immediate future here as well as Robert Salah. We're starting to see some overlap between these teams and who is being interviewed as we really have been stacking names for some of these head coaching searches. So the Raiders, there you go.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 3: They have completed five so far from the head coaching vagacy. That number expected to grow. Bears have had a lot more than that, and they're still not done. We mentioned Todd Monkin interviewed with the Bears. That interview wrapped up within the past hour. Here, they've still got a couple more. Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Brian Flores is going to speak with the Bears about their opening. So is the Packers offensive coordinator Adam Stenovich. His first head coaching interview for Chicago. Again, to this point, they've had time and they have utilized it. I would anticipate the Lion's offensive coordinator Ben Johnson remains a strong candidate for that position. There are still others that they have not been able to speak to that they're interested in, including Notre Dame coach Marcus Freeman, who's got a pretty big game at least by college football standards, coming up on Monday night. And then Mike McCarthy's interview this week. The fact that they flew McCarthy and his wife in for that interview. They know him well. He has beaten the Bears more times than anybody else during McCarthy's eighteen years as an NFL head coach still several different options in terms of the direction that they should go. In terms of the Saints, I mentioned they had not done an interview in a week before they got going again with a couple of interviews earlier. Today, when you speak to people, and we've been reporting this for months, when you talk about what the Saints are going to do, they probably not necessarily they are interviewing other people, but they're probably going to lean toward somebody that they know. One name that keeps coming up over and over is Aaron Glenn. He was an assistant coach there. Certainly there's a lot of ties to that building. He was the runner up back a few years ago when they hired Dennis Allen for the job. Right now, you would say Aaron Glenn is one of, if not the top candidate for that job. But I would also mention Mike McCarthy. My understanding is he'll probably interview with the Saints sometime around the middle of next week. That might be around where they kind of are moving into the next phase. Because also remember this, no in person interviews with anybody currently under contract until next week, and so all of a sudden, come Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, that's when you're going to see more candidates becoming available for those types of opportunities. We did get a general manager hire earlier today, Mike Borgonzi, in the same photo that I've seen used on every single tweet, including my own, officially hired as the general manager of the Tennessee Titans. They moved swiftly after firing Ran Carthon last week. Had six executives in the building the past few days. Here settled on Mike Borganzi, longtime Chiefs executive, most recently assistant general manager, was part of three Super Bowl champion teams, and now what do you know, He's at the other end of the draft order for where the Chiefs have been in the past. The Tennessee Titans on the clock with the number one overall pick on Ian. I'm just taking a guest they do need a quarterback. The question will become, do you take one there or do you use that to turn into a bounty to try to rebuild the rest of the roster.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I imagine we'll probably spend a couple of minutes talking about this over the course of the next four month or so. But Mike Borgonzi, who has been a key lieutenant to Brett Beach in Kansas City for some time, really helped build up what has become a dynasty, helped you, among other things, draft Patrick Mahomes, and of course that has helped the Chiefs get where they are. I mean, this was a guy who was right hand man to Beach in every meeting, in on every decision, someone who is very well versed in so many different facets of how to build that program. So when it works as hard as anyone, one of the reasons of why the Titans ended up hiring him. But you right, I mean, this is the big decision that faces the Titans. Now, do you take one of these quarterbacks? Are they good enough?
Speaker 3: Any of them?
Speaker 2: Cam Ward shador standers to go number one, to go number two? Do you take all of that, trade it and build your franchise that way? We've seen it both ways. It is an absolutely monumental decision for the Titans, and now Borgonzi is going to play a huge, huge part of that.
Speaker 3: And as a ripple effect on this one too for the New York Jets, who Borganzhi was in the mix there as a candidate for them in Florham Park, and we thought, well, if he gets the GM job, that might affect who the head coach is. They're looking for a pairing, they're looking for a good working relationship between the general manager and the head coach. So Matt Naggy, Steve Spagnolo, two guys with the Chiefs who were candidates for the Jets who have already interviewed. The thought was, while you pair them with Borgonzi, so that could have an effect on how they now go throughout their head coaching search. Beyond this we shall see. But Borganzhi a guy that you always hear in golf, the best player to never win a major. This was the guy that everybody. Eventually, this guy's going to get a general manager job, and that is Today is the day.
Speaker 1: We also had big news on the international front. Once again, the NFL is now headed to Madrid, Spain. I don't mean once again they're headed to Madrid. I mean once again we have big news. Because it feels like we've got one of these announcements every few days. The Dolphins are going to be the team that is the designated host team for that game in Madrid. The exact time date an opponent to be the termin That now brings us to a slate of five international games that are scheduled, three in London, one in Berlin, one in Madrid, and they are still allowed to schedule up to three more. So stay tuned for more of these announcements that I sort of butcher. Meanwhile, one of the reasons that they can expand that slate is the possibility of eventually going to an eighteen game schedule, something Rodger Goodell addressed earlier today.
Speaker 7: If we continue to focus on the safety, I think eighteen is a potential, And as you know, we would take a preseason game away, so we would keep within that twenty game framework. We actually started fourteen and six preseasons, we went to sixteen and four and now seventeen and three, so eighteen and two is a logical step.
Speaker 8: But we would only do that with the players.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show. We told you Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, they are both back from the Bible. Will they hit the ground running where you have that little post by hangover, we'll discuss that in a little bit. Plus coming up right after this, Ed Reid is a Hall of Famer He is a Ravens legend who's a man who loves to walk out of smoky tunnels. And he's also going to be a guest on The Insiders to tell you the path for the Ravens to pull off the upset in Buffalo. Stick around Ed Reid with us next on the Insiders.
Speaker 3: Step that Ed Reid.
Speaker 1: This guy is the complete football point Ed Reid.
Speaker 3: Is one of the great safeties in the game.
Speaker 9: You gotta want to wait.
Speaker 3: Let's time for the defense to make you play.
Speaker 8: That's rety the best defensive.
Speaker 6: Players, and there is coming up with the big play.
Speaker 10: If we want to win a tepid tip, he time of.
Speaker 9: Gon't get him right now.
Speaker 3: Take a look at that resume right there. It speaks for itself. So does his play on the field. If you got the chance to watch him play, and we all did, and we were all grateful for that Ed Reid Hall of Fame safety right.
Speaker 11: There and right here with us on the Insiders. Ed Reid joining us right now from his home. He was beatbox and just now from his home. As a whole rap about him being at his home, I was walking out to it. It was amazing. Judy Batista would not miss this interview for the world. She joins us as well. Ed got to check in with You've got that big smile on your face. Man, you got that Hall of Fame resume, you got your coaching resume with your building. We are going to talk about that in just a second. You're working for a direct TV. You do it a But are you ever not busy?
Speaker 1: Ed Reid?
Speaker 6: No, Actually I've been busy since I retired with Mini Hatch Mike. Man.
Speaker 10: You know, thank God for the blessings. You know that work is still coming, you know, So I'm blessed.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I guess we should say congratulations. Just named the offensive coordinator at Champley High School in Georgia, which is where Ed Reid the Third happens to play football too. I mean, you're a Hall of Famer as a safety and now you're an offensive coordinator. Like, what's the first thing you're going to tell your quarterback at Chambley High School?
Speaker 6: Oh? Wow, take what they give you.
Speaker 10: What they give you, baby. You know it's not very complicated. But yeah, I would definitely be in his head just keeping him positive, you know, and letting me know what to look for, what to read and go from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I hear the news. You say, a ed reads the coordinator at the high school, and you think our defensive coordinators of safety his entire career. He had a brief stint in the NFL as a defensive coach. How do you get to the offensive side of the ball?
Speaker 6: I mean that?
Speaker 3: Is that like joining the dark side for a guy who just terroorized offensive during his career.
Speaker 6: It's almost like Iteah, I like that.
Speaker 10: I like that, But I studied I studied those guys, you know, my whole career.
Speaker 6: I studied offense my whole career.
Speaker 10: And you know, this is high school, so it's a little bit more basic than college and pros. You know, though, you know that that's not really a discouragement or anything to to the level.
Speaker 6: Was just that you're not doing a whole bunch more. That's what I'm getting to, you know.
Speaker 10: But I've studied offense my whole career, you know, so I know offense.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: It's just a matter of getting in there talking with my coaches, you know, and us partnering together and making sure we got the game play and that stooits our players because we're only going to be as good as the players that we have, you know, and those guys you know, going to predict on what we can do.
Speaker 5: So to say, all right, we're showing video right now of you absolutely making quarterbacks lives miserable. You are third all time on the interceptions list including playoffs, I think seventy three. You just terrorized quarterbacks. I got to ask you, looking ahead to this weekend's games, if you were preparing to face Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen, what would you be keying on right now?
Speaker 6: I'm just just being patient.
Speaker 10: Being patient would be the biggest thing because of the screen amble ability not coming up so fast up on to the runs and them scrambling. You know, I just focused on doing my job, and that's just being a d beat because other people got to do this too.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: It's eleving people out there on the field, and I'm not just responsible for one player. You know, they got to throw the ball just as much they got to run it, and I'm responsible for the past. So it's just focusing on everybody doing their job, standing in their lanes. Because these two quarterbacks present a lot of problems.
Speaker 3: You look at this Ravens team and you add the Dereck Henry element, and we talked about it in the spring. It's like, you have Derek Henry and Lamar Jackson in the same backfield. What does that do to defenses? And you saw the Steelers having to make that choice, like do we just go after this TJ. Watt attack the running back and let Lamar got I mean, when you watch this team and you think about defending them and preparing for them, especially this time of year where you don't want to tackle Derek Henry in the cold, I mean, this team looks like it's built to win these next couple of games. How impressed for you with this offense.
Speaker 10: Very impressive. I love what I see. I hope they just continue to do it. And like you said, Derrick Henry's back there. Utilized Derrick Henry for what he's good at, and it opened up so many other doors, you know, to do other things in your offense, you know, and vice versa with Lamar doing his things, you got to kill him and I opens up doors for Derek.
Speaker 6: So it's a problem.
Speaker 10: It's a problem when when everything is you know, the ingredients are fluing right. You know, when you're doing it right. Having that balance that's when you get a good meal. You know, that's a meal for championship stuff.
Speaker 5: Right there, did you ever play in a game where whether it was an issue where it was just so cold that it felt like the team couldn't function normally?
Speaker 6: Elements don't matter and football.
Speaker 10: They're the same for everybody, you know, so if it's affecting you, it's affecting them, or you're just not mentally strong enough. We were always a mentally strong enough team. The elements sometimes in neutralizing, so to say, right I was in college and we played against Boston College I'm from. We played in Miami all year long, always heat. We can't replicate cold weather, so it neutralizing speed.
Speaker 6: You know. It put everybody on the same levels to some degree.
Speaker 10: So everybody's in the same elements. You know, we can't complain about what the elements are going to be because all.
Speaker 6: Of us are out there.
Speaker 10: All of us are men and human you know, so many and women out there, the same for everybody.
Speaker 3: Over your left shoulder is a model of your Hall of Fame bust. Right there. You've got a couple of ravens. You got three ravens. Although I think you missed Steve Smith in Baltimore just by a year or two, but Steve Smith up as a finalist. Marshall Yander, Terrell Suggs. Have you been in communication with those guys and I like your chances of getting at least one of these guys in here. What will you express to them should they be able to be enshrined like you were?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Man, definitely, huge congrats, radulations. Definitely. Can't wait for my brothers to get in man, and Reggie you know, Reggie, Wayne too, you know. So it's so many guys, so many guys that are that are on that list that are going to be coming in there soon. Man, it's going to be a huge congratulations man, because all of them are deserving of it. So many guys that are deserving of the Hall of Fame, you know, and I pray to be around they be around to experience, you know that that that experience with their families.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Of the current players, who who do you like? Who would you like to see when the Defensive Player of the Year warn't this year?
Speaker 6: Oh that's tough.
Speaker 10: I like the safeties to get it. God, darny, can we get a safety finally? You know, if you ain't gonna give it to cal give it to my man in Detroit. I believe you got like nine interceptions in Detroit. Has Detroit has flipped that city inside out the last few years? Like, give them something, you know what I'm saying. I love the fact that they got to take it mentality, and I hope that they do that and make it to that Bowl too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm like, I'm rooting for Detroit and I've been rooting for them the last few years. You know, that city deserves something, man, they need something, you know, and I hope they make it.
Speaker 3: I'll take a Lion's Raven Super Bowl. I would sign up for that right now. That's for the defensive player of the year. It's so sack heavy now, like they're they're all about the guys up front. They don't give it to the guys in the back anymore.
Speaker 7: Ed.
Speaker 3: We got to work on that because we know how important the defenders are back there. Talked about director, Yeah, yeah, the game has changed. Talked about direct TV, tell us what you're doing with those guys here.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm gonna try to use sports to talk about it too, because they don't let you directly get to the quarterback that's why you, you know, don't get the sacks.
Speaker 6: Are you getting the sacks now?
Speaker 10: Should I say? Because they passion the game? But direct TV has all the sports packages that you need. It's a once in a lifetime package, the first time one of his kind that you're getting here. It's my Sports dot Com direct TV Streaming dot Com slash my Sports. You don't have to do the my Sports slash, but it's on my Sports direct TV all sports packages just for the sports fans, for that die hard man. You know, if you're that diehard fan like me, you.
Speaker 6: Got that my Sports got it.
Speaker 3: You know, get that my Sports package. Watch you some NFL network. Definitely watch us here on the NFL network because you never know when Ed Reid is gonna pop up. Because he's such a good interview. He's welcome. I got to eat. Rappaport texting me he's watching nearby. He saying, I love Ed Reid. No, no, no, this is an ab interview. See your way out. Okay, we got the interview with Ed read and thank you, pol You are welcome back whenever you got it. Thank you so much, Judy, thank you as well. Appreciate you being here to.
Speaker 5: See great to see you Ed.
Speaker 6: Alright, y'all have a.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that Ed Reid. Always great seeing him on the Insiders. Always great talking about Patrick Mahomes and Jared Goff, although we're gonna take a baby a bit of a negative spin here, like what's the biggest weakness with these guys and could it be a problem for them in the divisional round? We're getting negative coming up next on the Insiders.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's make history.
Speaker 3: Kansas City. You ready trying to stee elite.
Speaker 12: They got them party on the least weekend, hit the perfect time.
Speaker 1: They lease Chief's Kingdom.
Speaker 12: They looked at the torments of the sea and they gonna be flat and no, Miss Katha.
Speaker 11: They three people despect to back to back.
Speaker 9: You don't want the Chelsea show you benefit.
Speaker 12: I want to try to sit call this tighten in the league, no opinion, that's a fact. Trying to sell the pass a sad trying to sell Patrick Day. You know Mahomes when he in the playoffs, so he ain't gonna foward at I City phase old roles mine on the tree bringing that MVP behead when you went to top Jon AFC that hey's the legit Chris Jones winn to show it's possible for a few w s if you know, you know the jointly see the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You've seen the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: We got one goals, who.
Speaker 6: Works three p.
Speaker 1: Oh. You know it's a big time of year. We've got raps about all the teams that are still in the playoffs. Also always a big night. We got these guys with us, Jeffery Jeda and Adam Rank joining me, Tom Pellicero on the Insiders A right, the Chiefs and the Lions both are back from their buys. Jeffrey, I start with you, if there's a vulnerability for the two time defending champions of Kansas City, what is it?
Speaker 9: Well, I'll go with their defense, which is not as dominant as it was last year when it really carried them for long stretches and was a big player in them winning that championship. I know they were fourth in the league in points allowed, but they had issues with the pass rush. They were second in league last year in sacks, this year their nineteenth and really on the back end. People don't realize that the issues they had when Jalen Watson went down at cornerback, he's coming back this week, but Nahew Johnson and Josh Williams, they were not getting it done.
Speaker 6: This team was second in the.
Speaker 9: League in big plays after Week nine, so I'm concerned about that.
Speaker 8: No, that's true.
Speaker 13: Again, we're trying to fight weaknesses in the Chiefs now. Obviously, Patrick Mahomes has never lost in the divisional round.
Speaker 1: He is six to zero.
Speaker 13: The Chiefs defense, though, they were allowing twenty points per game or less over their last five until the Week eighteen contest against the Denver Broncos, where they put up about as much of a fight as Kevin Nash did when he took the finger polk of doom from Hult Cogan back in the day. But for me, I think if you're the Kansas City Chiefs, you gotta be a little weird. Of the Texans defense, which actually played really well last week against the Los Angeles Chargers, we did see them turn over Justin Herbert a number of times, inducing him to throw four intercepts, although two of those were kind of ricochet shots. It felt like wenton Johnson was out there playing beach volleyball at a time like Misty May setting up the ball for the defenders. But still the Texans. If they want to win this game, they got to get to the quarterback, and I think that.
Speaker 1: Could be a huge issue for the Chiefs. Texas Chiefs. That kicks off the divisional playoff weekend tomorrow. In the evening slot, we got Lions and Commanders Detroit also off the buy here Jeffrey of vulnerability if there is one in Detroit.
Speaker 9: Well, this pains me because I'm a Michigan native and I love what they've done, especially Aaron Glenn, but I am worried about that secondary. They've taken some hits, obviously, with Carlton Davis going down at corner in this recstra going down at corner, Terry and Arnold got hit, got beat up in that game that last game of the season. He had a foot injury. He'll be back, it seems like, but maybe not one hundred percent. So I'm concerned about that team taking on a Commander's team that's got a lot of things that you like about them. Obviously, Jaye Daniels can make plays and has done a lot of things, but thirty Frank pass rank defense, Adam, that's a scary proposition for a team that's trying to get to a Chop Super Bowl.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and the big reason why they've struggled in the secondary is that they're not getting enough pressure on the quarterback. And obviously a big issue is aiden Hutchinson goes down, not there to be able to get to the quarterback, and they've allowed a lot of production because of that. They've also had trouble with quarterbacks who can run the football. I think back to last year when the Chicago Bears were having a lot of success against it because Justin Fields was able to make plays with his feet. Because the Lions have allowed the fifth fewest rushing yards per game, but the fourth most rushing yards to quarterbacks this season. And when you think of Jaydon Daniels, a big part of his game is running the football. So if there is a glimmer of hope for Commanders fans and that Jade Daniels can make some plays with his legs, extend it, get outside, make some moves and do things of that nature, I think that they could actually give the Lions a little little bit of a fight here.
Speaker 1: Stick around, boys, more rams and Eagles talk with you guys in just a little bit. Coming up. After this break though, Zing Gonzalez made one of the biggest kicks in Washington franchise history last week, but the routine that he put on display is what garnered a lot of attention. Zingonsaws kind enough to join us and talk about all of this and that kick coming up next on The Insiders, looking to send Washington into the divisional round.
Speaker 13: Step good, hold down, kick.
Speaker 1: On its way.
Speaker 3: It is God.
Speaker 9: The Cardiac commanders are the clutch Commanders.
Speaker 8: They do it again.
Speaker 13: We'll see you at Detroit Attack Zales Ticks at the Talk.
Speaker 14: Fly off.
Speaker 1: Oh that was the best.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dane, thank you very much for joining us on the Insiders.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. That got me smiling and laughing. I could see you're feeling that too, that moment when you see the kick goes in.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: What did that feel like?
Speaker 14: Honestly, for me, it was just one of those situations like I hit a really good ball. I was hit the ball really good all day, and that one kind of as soon as I left my foot, I was like, I knew it was gonna go right in middle, and it kind of tended to keep fading on me a little bit. So when I hit the post, I thought I was on a sneak in side the left up right or the right up right and not really hit the post. And then once I hit the post, Hark got of stopped for half a second and that's all I'm bounced in pretty clearly.
Speaker 8: So I was pretty good. But I mean, I think you can see on the.
Speaker 14: Camera my reaction. I didn't didn't really know how to react. I kind of just stuck there until Baits kind of picked me up there. But I mean it was truly unreal.
Speaker 8: Once the kind of said it, it was just awesome to think about it.
Speaker 14: I mean, the fact that we were able to go on the field, hit that game winner, have a clean walk off like that and going to the second is truly amazing. I mean, I can't say enough about the team. I mean, this whole team is just incredible be around. I don't think we're out of the game.
Speaker 8: It's just a little fighter. So just happy I can go out there and do my little part. And I'm glad the ball went in.
Speaker 2: That was truly an awesome moment. You guys have actually had plenty of them just like that this year. I mean, it's honestly for We'll get to some non football stuff in a second. But for you guys, I mean you just comfortable in this high stress environment as a team.
Speaker 8: It seems like it. I mean I got here about two months ago. I mean once I came in, I kind.
Speaker 14: Of got a good grip on how the team was and how the demeanor was with everybody, and I mean you can kind of fill it from day one once you come in building. Starting with a head coach, I mean he does a good job of setting the tone each and every day. And these guys, I mean NonStop competing and it's I mean, once I came in, I was like, all right, I gotta do much. I'll get on and they make me better and kind of just how it works out. But like you got the stats up right there, the last five games have been truly crazy to be a part of. I've never been a part of them like that in my NFL career. So and come out with w's and all those games, it's been awesome. I Mean I tell people all the time, I was like, I feel like at this point, I feel like in any game, whether we're down a score or two scores, whatever it may be, if like we're we're never out of it. As long as there's time of the clock, We're still good to go, and this is it's just been exciting to be a part of.
Speaker 4: So I want to go to the couple minutes.
Speaker 2: A couple of moments before that kick, the camera zeroed in on you and you were putting your helmet on, and I think the whole country watched something that for you is very familiar and for most of us, honestly probably did not know what to make of it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure people were watching saying, is he nervous?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Of course, as you've discussed publicly, deal with obsessive culsive compulsive disorder. OC take us through what that is really like for you as opposed to kind of what we see.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's a struggle. I mean, I can't lie.
Speaker 14: I mean, it definitely makes being a kicker in the NFL a little bit more tougher, But for me it's just more the same. I mean, I've built with this in high school, college and all that kind of stuff, and guys who've played with me throughout my history know my tendencies and my takes, whether it be the sock thing, the helmet thing, everybody's seen it, whether it be in practice games, and stuff like that. So I feel like for me, it's always been kind of normal, never had that much light shone on me. But obviously it comes with the territory being in wild card weekend Sunday night football game winning situation.
Speaker 8: Camera's gonna be on you.
Speaker 14: I kind of in the moment I was aware the camera was there, wasn't aware of how drastic they're going to be on me for the most part until after the game, and I saw this stuff on social media.
Speaker 8: But for me, it's just just a routine.
Speaker 14: I mean, nothing different than some golfers out there. I think Brian Harmon does a bunch of wiggles, or whether it be baseball batters adjusting their gloves. I think Pat mcabe spoke yesterday about something with like licking his fingers and punting, like everybody has those little titencies, but with OCD, like in this situation, it's just it's just more of the same. So I guess it's really hard to describe because it's just unless if you have most of you you kind of get it. It's you have that mindset of like, if you don't do this, the worst possible situation is going to happen. So as a kicker, it's just kind of that's the thing. But it's not just the game winning kick, it's every kick.
Speaker 8: You kind of deal with it. So for me, I felt pretty good in this situation.
Speaker 14: A team was able to get down there making a relatively shorter field goal, which was nice rather than like a deeper ball.
Speaker 8: So for me, I felt good.
Speaker 14: I was just more anxious to get going, make the kick and kind of get us out of there. It's just it's an incredible opportunity to play a part of a wildcard weekend. I mean, it's my first playoff game ever. I was excited ready to go to have that situation come up. Truly a dream come true. Like I tell my wife, I was like, it's truly. Is he truly blessed? He kind of stinks that a lot of this stuff got over shown by the OCD, But I mean, if I could be an advocate for people and kind of show that side of the world, then so be it. Because I'm not the only one that deals with it. I mean there's a lot of adults, young kids, middle aged people that kind of the battle never really ins so people kind of continuously deal with in their everyday life, whether it be going to sleep set in your alarm NonStop, or going to a regular day job and kind of having to deal with that at work in the office and stuff like that, and people that don't go tend to just instead of ask questions, they'll kind of just tend to judge for the most part. I think Ted Lasso had a good quote in his show is like, be curious, not judgmental, and that's a great quote to live by, and I think in that situation is a perfect example to be a little bit more curious. But a lot of people who've never seen it, especially in that measure, because they kind of they kind of got a little out of hand during that game Sunday night, just at the socks and the helmet stuff.
Speaker 8: But for me is just truly awesome.
Speaker 14: I was just grateful to be a part of that opportunity to get that moment to go out there and do that, and yeah, I'm just happy that, regardless of the OCD stuff, I was able to get out there and get the job done and get the team wet and get us onto the next.
Speaker 8: Round of playoffs.
Speaker 2: Because obviously there was a lot of attention on it because the camera was there, You've had opportunities. I saw you did an interview with the Washington Post, which was really good. You're obviously here talking to us on the Insiders. Do you like or appreciate the opportunity to explain to either to people like me who are just like you said, curious or you know that there are some kids out there who see that and go.
Speaker 8: He's just like me.
Speaker 4: And rarely do people have the opportunity and a huge public platform to discuss this.
Speaker 14: I mean it's great on all accounts, just to discuss it. I mean it sheds a light on it and opens up the discussion. Right, So like a lot of people don't want to talk about it. And like I mentioned, especially as a younger kid or a younger person, you're really self conscious on stuff, whether you're be in high school, college, you just kind of know how people are. And people are still growing and developing of that age, so they don't really know how to ask questions or be themselves or truly whatever or have confidence in who they are. So for me being able to do that on that stage, and yeah, I kind of took a massive light. It shedded a bunch of light on it in that moment. But for me looking back on it and now in hindsight, it's really cool to see because I've been able to get a lot of outreachs further on social media text message about all walks of life that go through the same issues and just them expressed into them.
Speaker 8: How much that meant to see somebody.
Speaker 14: Like me in that stage do it and for me to hear that, knowing that, hey, there's a lot of other people that see a lot of inspiration out of that as well, gives me a great feeling and it's truly awesome just to see all the support that I've been getting through each and everybody and just being able to open up that conversation.
Speaker 8: I mean, never that thing that'll be in this situation.
Speaker 14: I'll be highlighted for the OCD stuff, but I mean, here we are, and it's just a great opening talking point about it, and it gets discussion going with younger people. So now maybe a kid in high school who's going through the same thing has a little bit more confidence to go out there and do his job and just accept who you are. Like, if it is what it is, you just got to go out there and do your stuff and don't I mean, can't let people hinder you in whatever you're trying to accomplish. And at the end of the day, I mean, you can see it as a positive, you can see it as a negative. And for me, I shouldn't see it as a positive, just an aspect of making me very very detail orient detail oriented and able to lock in those moments and those are my cues.
Speaker 8: So I mean, for me, I try to see the bright side of it. I think it's helped me out in my.
Speaker 14: Career, and I think at anything more than anything at home, it's more of the issues like trying to go to sleep and just finding myself doing little things around the house that are very annoying. But I mean it's just part of the process. So I'm just happy that it's able to get that dialogue going there and people discussing, whether it be people like you or a kid back home that's dealing with it. I mean, just getting that conversation is awesome. And to hear people bring it up and open up their stories as well, it's cool to hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zane, thank you so much for talking to us about this.
Speaker 2: I mean I was curious and you explained it perfectly, and thank you for opening up this conversation and thanks for joining us and good.
Speaker 4: Luck this weekend.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt if you're in this situation again what the end result is going to be. So thank you and good luck this weekend.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it. Thank you so much for having me and go Commanders ready to go.
Speaker 2: So cool of Zaye Gonzales to explore his journey with us and one is a huge, huge matchup for the Commanders this weekend. The other NFC matchup, big time matchup Eagles Rams features these guys, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it. Coming the next on The Insiders.
Speaker 1: Rams and Eagles in Philadelphia, part of the doubleheader on Sunday, one of four games on Divisional playoff weekend. One of the hottest teams in football over the past few months in the Rams going into the Eagles House against their two thousand yard rusher Sakuon Barkley. Welcome back to the Insiders, Tom Pilaicerro joined again by Jeffrey jedia and Adam Rank. Jeffery It's a good matchup they all are this weekend. What's one thing you're looking for in Rams Eagles?
Speaker 6: Well, I know.
Speaker 9: Everybody's talking about Sakwon Barkley and how the Rams are going to stop him, but I'm wondering how the Rams are going to score points because they haven't been that great at greating offense in the last few games. They've only had been over three nd yards of offense in three of their last five games. And as great as they were in that game last week against Minnesota, their offense didn't get over three undred yards in that contest. And so I know Matt Stafford and Hookin Nakua and Cooper Cup and Karen Williams, all these guys in score points, but that defense against Philadelphia is real. They secondary has got a lot of guys can cover in Quinnyon Mitchell and Cooper desin front, Jordan Davis and Jayleen Carter Adam. It's going to be a problem on that side of the football as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: I guess my biggest issue though, is what it's going to be the book recommendation from aj Brown Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Obviously, he's a great he's a great book pitchman. He's sitting there reading a book on the sideline and everybody's having a laugh. That book skyrockets on Amazon. But at some point this is going to become an issue because AJ Brown reportedly is like I don't know if he wasn't friends with Jalen Hurts anymore, and this was a thing that like, obviously, it gets kind of swept under the rug when your team is out there winning, and when you're winning huge and they should have a pretty good opportunity this week to beat the LA Rams. The team, as you said, cannot score a lot of points over the last couple of weeks. But the thing is, as we get further into the playoffs, is this going to ever be a bigger issue if it next week, if you have to go onto the road to Detroit or God forbid and to comforbid, but if you go to the super Bowl, I'm sure that this is going to come up time and time again like that, I don't know if I don't know if Aj Brown has ever been to a media day or Super Bowl said Monday night, this is the kind of thing that comes up. This is what people want to talk about, and so I think that there could be something lurking there for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Greg Send, no way to react on that, what rag Thank you. I appreciate you should start a book club with aj Brown. Start out with the jest you'll never have to pick another book, Adam Jeffrey, thank you very much. In other news within the NFL and something that has impacted a variety of different people over the past couple of weeks, including the Rams who got their first playoff win the Vikings in Arizona, twelve Los Angeles sports organizations, including the Rams and Chargers, in partnership with the team's own foundations, joined forces with Fanatics and the Fanatics Foundation to distribute three million dollars worth of Fanatics merchandise to those who've been evacuated for their homes. The event follows Monday's announcement that the twelve professional organizations have pledged a combined donation of more than eight million dollars to support victims in need, as well as those fighting the fires, Chargers coach Jim Arbaugh put a personal touch to the support that both these teams have been lending to people locally. Turned out in Pacific Palisades last night to meet with some of the first responders who've been on the front lines fighting those fires and trying to help thousands of people impacted by the fires. Good on Jim out there and looks like he is completely at home talking to those folks out there. Coming up after this, the Rams are still rolling on the field, and now they are rolling into Philadelphia, where the rookie Jared Vers, who has earned the right to talk a little bit, certainly had some interesting things to say about Philly fans. We'll explain next on The Insiders. Are you feeling football withdrawal on a Friday night? Well, boy, do we got something for you. Coming up nine pm Eastern time, six pm Pacific, which is a little over one hour from now. It's the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame. Our guys will be out there covering that. Do not miss it. Coming up right after the Inside the NFL, which is after this show, Jared Verse and the Rams headed to Philadelphia, and well, the rookie sensation for the Rams has some thoughts on that. Told the Los Angeles Times this week he hates Seagals fans, finds them annoying and said, quote, when I see that green and white, I hate it. I actually get upset, like I actually genuinely get hot. Your thoughts sick one, Barkley, Probably not the smartest thing to say when you're coming to Philadelphia.
Speaker 10: And I've been on the other side, and even if I felt some double ways, probably want to give them any extra.
Speaker 7: Fuere fans seen that comment, those already will be loud in rocking, So just want to go out to it.
Speaker 1: Mike, you're a resident Philidelphian or whatever them what are you thinking here?
Speaker 3: Spoke to our friends of the show, been on The Insiders multiple time. Quent Lake Rams defensive captain about this earlier today and he said he goes up to Verse and said, I'm riding with you, pal, you know, because he knows that Versus is.
Speaker 1: Going to back this up.
Speaker 3: I thought, maybe, you know, he said, some guys get scared when one of our teammates talked, wow, trash like this. He said, no, I'm good with it. I'm riding with you. So the Rams are going in very brash right now?
Speaker 4: Did you almost make us work blue over here?
Speaker 15: Mike get to Philly this dagment, because that's what it sounds like. If we could like rewind that a little bit. I heard Mike start with an S and then stop himself. Anyway, I got nothing wrong with.
Speaker 4: This, he should say this. Let petty be petty.
Speaker 2: I am also standing with jervis not that I hate Philly people. I'm just saying, be petty.
Speaker 6: What did I say?
Speaker 1: If McPhee can come on NFL Network and swear, why can't.
Speaker 3: We, hey enjoy the games every week?
Speaker 1: We will see you mone of that. That was the item
Speaker 7: MHM